Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts Reviews

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts sells parts and accessories for cars, trucks and motorcycles. Online customers can filter search results by the make and model of their vehicle to find parts that fit. In-store pickup and online delivery are available for most products. Consumers can return or exchange any of their purchases within 45 days with proof of purchase.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews

Stars Rating

• 8%
  • 2%
  • 4%
  • 3%
  • 83%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2023

This review is for the store in Chester NY. I completed an oil bundle purchase online and picked up later that day. I realized the oil filter had a large dent on the top and pressing on the relief spring at the top. This may cause an issue with start up or running issues. I am not experimenting with a $7000 engine exchange. I explained this and I was told to come back tomorrow. The next day they said, 'We can't get you this filter." The next day I returned the entire order and purchased online again to be picked up at a store that explained there was no reason. They said that all Advanced Auto stores have these filters. Corporate made things better for me but the ** lies and ** I went through over a three day drama. I have been buying from Advanced Auto for 20 years. Some stores just treat you like garbage.

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2023

I tried to get warranty replacement on brake pad with less than 30, 000 miles and was denied and was told it was normal wear. I will never return as a customer again. I would guess no matter what the reason of the failure they deny the warranty and just call it normal. There are better choices for parts at other stores.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

A couple of weeks ago I decided to order a part online and pick it up at our local, in town, store. I ordered the part at 8:30am and at 11:30am I went to the store to pick it up. I waited for over half an hour while a guy "looked" for my order. Obviously they hadn't fulfilled it yet so I asked if I could just go and get it and fulfill it myself. He said no problem. Huge mistake on my part. I got my items and when I tried to get the order fulfilled the person behind the counter had no clue what was going on and, of course, there wasn't a manager to be found. So I cancelled the order on my phone and just paid for the items over the counter. They double billed me and I never once spoke to a person in charge as she was too busy and directed me to call the corporate line. It took corporate calling the store to ask what happened and I finally got my money back.

Fast forward to today. I ordered another part and this time specified another store as I'm not going back to the previous one. I ordered the part on Monday but didn't plan on picking it up until Friday or Saturday as I'm not in that big of a hurry for it. Tuesday rolls around and I get an email saying that my order has been picked up. I immediately called them and they assured me that the order was still there and that someone has messed up. Stop shopping at these stores as they don't hire any good employees and their customer service is very much less than adequate.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

My wife's battery failed suddenly this week. I tried charging it but it was flat again the next morning. I pulled it out to find it was a Diehard Gold battery from Advance Auto Parts with a 3 year free replacement Waranty. The date code of manufacture was 3/2022 so it is only 17 months old. Probably just 14 months since purchase. The manager at my local store tested it and confirmed it was defective, and useless. She refused to honor the warranty because I did not have the receipt even though it is only sold by Advance Auto Parts. She offered to look up the phone number, but It was installed in my wife's car so I did not know which phone number to use. After 25 years buying batteries, brakes, and a host of parts at Advance, I had to permanently change to another store that honors their warranties to customers.

Diehard Gold batteries used to have a 6 year warranty and last 8 or more years. Times have changed. They are now no better than the lowest grade Walmart ** batteries for 1/4th the price. BEWARE GETTING A VICTIM OF CONSUMER FRAUD. I felt silly taking a battery to Rural King for the core charge that looked new. They have Johnson Controls make their batteries in the USA and they honor their warranties to keep customers.

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2023

Updated on 8/23/2023: Battery dead this morning after being fully charged last night. I can't afford to run back and forth to get what I need. Waste of my time and gas to be treated like an idiot. Never had this issue with previous management. No respect for long time buyer.

Original review: Went to Advance in Millington, Tn for a new battery. As a 76 year old person with a tailbone fracture they asked me to bring it in. Got the battery and it had to be charged before I could use it. Also the post were Backwards from the old battery. A little common sense goes a long way at keeping customers. What happened to management? Dead battery is useless unless you have a charger.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2023

I do not like Advance Auto Parts. I bought car from dealer but the battery was very bad and I checked battery was DieHard Platinum purchased from advance auto parts on August 2022. When I went their branch at Stafford found out that platinum battery has 4 year warranty. But people asked me if I have invoice and I told them no. But they said sorry we don't honor the warranty because you didn't purchased the battery. The same thing happened to me for Walmart purchased battery they honored the warranty without invoice. I think this kind of companies should get punishment for dealing customer like that. I am very very mad at this company.

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2023

I called in to my local Advance Auto Parts here in Baytown this morning to check on the date of purchase of my 51R Diehard battery. I told the clerk on the phone the manufacturer decal on the battery read 09/20. She found that I purchased in November of 2020, but the battery had already been warrantied out and there was no available credit. The amount on the account was $0. I asked how could that be if I have the original battery? Was there a date when it was warrantied out? No date, no employee name/number, no records. All she could tell me was that it was no longer in warranty. Sounds like a reason not to warranty a battery 4 months before the warranty expires. Very disappointed in the record keeping, ethics, and integrity of Advance Auto Parts. I started patronizing AAP because I figured the other two (AutoZone/Orielly) were taking all the business in our town. I see the light now. I will never step foot in another Advance Auto Parts.

Reviewed July 1, 2023

I purchased ATF product and went to recycle the oil and they would not take it back. They told me to go somewhere else. Poor customer service. They have a sign up they take used oil and ATF back, but do not.

Reviewed May 9, 2023

I purchased a Diehard deep-cycle marine battery for my boat. After charging for 2 days the battery would not charge over 95%. I kept trying with 2 different chargers. The date on the battery was 1 year old sitting on the shelf from the time I purchased it. I took it back for a refund. I was told no refunds. I wanted a replacement of a newer battery. They said there wasn't anything wrong with it. I kept trying, finally, they gave me a replacement battery. The new one was made 3 months prior, it charges 100%.

Reviewed March 17, 2023

We purchased a Diehard Platinum AGM Group 34 battery after reading good reviews. When we got home the battery indicated 12.3 volts-we charged it three times to 100% but after a few hours it dropped down to 12.4-would not hold a charge. After driving all day with this battery it showed 12.3 volts- in the next AM it showed 12.1 and even went down to 11.9. Called Support at Advance Auto Parts and they virtually were unknowledgeable about their product. When we asked what was the resting voltage on this battery they proceeded to read off a spec sheets that was on the internet-asked for someone more knowledgeable and we told no one. Finally received a refund from the store where purchased-they were good but not the support staff. Bad product. Would never trust it.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2023

First, they don't know what they are selling. Second, they sell Chinese junk at twice the price of the original parts. Of course, these fake parts don't work or can't be installed. When you try to return them, they say you damaged them when you tried to install them. The next day I bought original parts, which I installed without a problem. Before buying parts from Advance Auto Parts, check the prices online or at other stores. I will never buy parts from them again!!!

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

Samuel ** Jr. at store #3919 could not have been nicer or more helpful. He went the extra mile to make sure that I had everything I needed. He walked me through adding oil and other fluids in my car. Answered my many questions with a smile. Could not have been a better experience. Others could learn from Samuel.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2023

Ordered 4 wheel covers for my car. They felt rather cheaply made but looked nice. Less than 4 mos later I noticed that one was missing. I hadn't hit anything to cause that. When I called Advance Auto they said I had to buy a whole new set of 4. They would not sell or replace the one that fell off. I felt disappointed enough to write this complaint hoping to dissuade others from using this Co. for online purchases. Thank you, Consumer Affairs for the platform to do it. Dan **

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2023

I have shopped with them for more than 15 years but recently they sold me a part that failed shortly after installation. It happened when my daughter was in another town and it cost four times the cost of the failed part to get the vehicle fixed at a local shop in the town. Advance Auto refused to refund the cost of the part or give me a credit. They would only offer a replacement part, which, in these circumstances, is not reasonable. No one had the flexibility or foresight to give me a refund, either in the local store or on line. I have done good business with them in the past and usually their parts are good, but being out so much money, I decided to switch to Napa and Autozone, and ended my on line account, which I used regularly for maintenance on our five cars.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2023

Your store in Milwaukee Oregon on McLoughlin Blvd has very poor customer service. I have gone in before when someone is on the phone with a call that sounded personal and they did not acknowledge me for 15 minutes and I had a question. I vowed to not go back. There is a car that frequently is parked in the handicapped spot and it does not have a placard or any other insignia that would validate it parking there. It is a WRX with anime decals on black paint.

Today my husband parked behind that car and went in to tell the person at the counter and they did not care. We have a placard and the spaces in front of the store were full. The Milwaukee location is closest to home. I would consider going to another location further from home. There is an Auto Zone across the street with excellent customer service. Today is the last day my husband will go to the Advanced Auto Parts in Milwaukee Oregon on McLaughlin Blvd. That store has let both of us down.

Verified purchase
    Ronny increased rating by 4 stars.
    Installation & SetupPriceStaffReliability
    After a positive interaction with Advance Auto Parts, Ronny increased their star rating on March 10, 2023.

Updated review: March 10, 2023

This was settled with Advance Auto Parts. Resolution not specified.

Original Review: Nov. 29, 2022

CLAIM STATEMENT. On 9/9/21 I Purchased a Diehard battery from Advance Auto Parts store number (06784) in Denver located at 5496 Federal Blvd. I paid a total of $234.10 (see purchase receipt dated 9/9/21 attached) for the new battery. I was confident that I was getting a good quality battery because DieHard batteries had a very good reputation of being a very good battery. The DieHard brand dates to 1967, having been developed by Globe-Union Battery for Sears. Globe-Union was later bought by Johnson Controls, who continued to manufacture the DieHard for Sears. In its earliest years, the brand was guaranteed to last “forever”, that is as long as the original owner still owned the car in which it was installed.

Shortly after I purchased the battery and it was installed by the Advance Auto Parts representative in my Truck on 9/9/21, I began to have problems with the truck not starting in the morning after it had been sitting overnight. I would drive it for a few days and not have any problems with the truck. But, sporadically after a few days I would attempt to start the truck after letting it sit overnight and in the morning before I decided to go someplace the battery would be almost completely dead requiring a jump start. After a few weeks of this I returned to the Advance Auto Parts store where I purchased the battery and they retested the battery and told me the battery and the alternator tested positive and the problem was not the battery.

About the end of December of 2021, I started getting warning lights coming up on the dash of my truck signaling ABS system problems and my speedometer went completely out. “A leading sign of a weak battery is the sudden and spontaneous illumination of multiple warning lights and warning messages in your instrument cluster, possibly accompanied by the non-functionality of various systems including the cruise control, anti-lock brakes, traction control and more”. 5 Strange Problems Caused by a weak Battery and How You Can Avoid Them, AutoTrader.ca **

At this point I was very confused and decided to seek a Ford Specialist to try and diagnose the problems. I ended up taking the Truck to TSI Ford Specialist on 2331 West Hampden Avenue on 1/3/22. I had previously installed a new security system for $804.16 (see purchase receipt dated 5/29/21 attached) in my 2010 F150 truck on 5/29/21 from Car Toys, invoice number **, store number BB127295 located on 550 Broadway in Denver. The technician advised me the security system I had installed at Car Toys may be the problem and suggested I uninstall the Car Toys security System I had installed and rewire the truck back to manufacturing settings because this may be causing a battery drain. TSI uninstalled the Car for Toys security system for $474.71 (see receipt dated 1/3/22 attached). After uninstalling the security system, the problem persisted. The Technician advised me to have the ABS module replaced.

I asked him how much would it cost me to do this? He called the Ford Dealership and they told him an ABS module would cost close to $1000 dollars. He then told me he would charge me $1000 plus labor. I asked him when he could install the ABS Module for me and he told me it would not be for another two to three months, because he had backlogs of work to do first? He told me to bring the Truck back in a few months. During the summer of 2022, I eventually purchased the ABS control module. It cost me $2000 for parts and labor to install. This resolved the warning light problems I was getting on the control panel. The problem I had with the battery going dead persisted when I parked the truck and left it sit overnight. At this point I was dumbfounded and frustrated after weeks and months of dealing with this problem so, I decided to seek an electrical specialist out.

On (11/14/22) I called Merrill Auto Electric, on 2525 Kipling Street in Lakewood Colorado and the technician told me to bring it in that morning and leave it with him. I took the truck in that same morning and spoke to **. After talking to him he told me he would charge me $150 an hour to find the problem and sometimes it could take up to 20 hours to find a parasitic leak. He told me with the advent of computer technology ascertaining the problem could be very difficult and take time because they had to wait until the problem occurred to find the source. He said because the problem occurred sporadically it could take time.

** told me at this time there was a charging device on the market that I could purchase at NAPA Auto Parts Store that I could install that could possibly be used to keep the battery charged overnights to keep the battery from being drained. He told me that the new computerized vehicles drew small amounts of amps when the car was not being used to sustain the computers. I decided at that point to go to NAPA and inquire about this charger before leaving the truck with Merrill Electric. He said it was very inexpensive and could be an alternative to paying them $150 an hour.

So, I went to a NAPA store on 5310 West 64th Avenue and spoke to the attendant there and she told me she would check the battery for me first and she did. After checking the battery, she told me the voltage level of the DieHard battery was very low and that I should take it back to Advance Auto Parts and get a new one because the warranty had not expired yet. The NAPA technician also told me that the battery may have been sitting on a shelf at the Advance store for a long period and may not have been maintained. She said this may be why it was malfunctioning. So, I left there and went to the Advance store where I purchased the battery on (9/9/21) and spoke to ** who said he was the manager. I told him I was having problems with the battery so; he had his technician go out to the truck to test the battery.

After the technician tested the battery, he told ** the manager that the battery tested good and the alternator tested good also. I told the store manager that NAPA tested the battery and told me the battery was malfunctioning. I asked that the battery be replaced with a new one because it was still under warranty and the store manager refused my request because, he said the technician tested it and said it tested good. I asked him for the corporate office number so I could report the problem to corporate.

I left after he provided me their phone number to the corporate office. According to battery experts “you can leave a brand-new battery for around three months with no lasting damage. Older batteries could go flat in a week if they are in a weak condition. A battery in excellent condition will hold its charge for an extended period. As the battery charge reduces, the acid begins to attack the battery’s metal plates. This causes sulfation, reducing battery life and its ability to hold a charge”. SOURCE: How Long Can a Car Battery Sit Unused-Battery Globe **

I left the Advance Auto Parts store and went home and called Customer Care at the Advance corporate office (877-238-2623 see email from Brent attached) and got a hold of Brent S. a Customer Care Supervisor (email: aapcustomercare@advance-auto.com) and told him what had transpired earlier. Not one of the Advance Auto representatives ever offered to give me their last names. They only provided first names. I told him that NAPA had advised me to replace the battery because, it appeared to be defective and the manager at the Advance store where I purchased the battery refused to honor the warranty. I told him if they would not honor the warranty I would go back to NAPA and purchase a new one from them. He advised me to go ahead and purchase one from NAPA and to email him the receipt from NAPA and he would refund my money to me.

I sent him the purchase receipt from NAPA for $243.19 (see attached receipt invoice number **). A few days afterwards I received a check via UPS from Advanced Auto Business Support for $234.10 (see attached check number **). After purchasing the new battery from NAPA and installing the battery I have never had the battery go dead overnight since. It was below 12% Fahrenheit in Denver a few days ago and the truck started right up without a problem after sitting overnight.

“For a time, DieHard batteries were also manufactured by Exide. In March 2001, Exide pleaded guilty to fraud conspiracy charges and agreed to pay a fine of $27.5 million to end a federal criminal investigation into auto-battery sales to customers of Sears, Roebuck & Company. The case rose from investigations and accusations that Exide conspired with Sears to sell used batteries as new to Sears customers and that Exide officials had paid bribes to conceal the fraud. Diehard battery afterward returned to Johnson Controls. Advance Auto Parts announced on December 23, 2019 that it had bought the DieHard Brand for $200 million.” Die Hard (brand) – Wikipedia **

When Advance Auto Parts sold me the DieHard Battery, I assumed it was of the upmost quality because of DieHard's past history. The original DieHard batteries had an unlimited warranty because the original manufacturer built a product that would last. The DieHard battery Advance Auto Parts is selling is a DieHard by name only and has a limited two-year warranty. The original manufacturer does not produce this battery any longer. Advance Auto is misrepresenting the facts to the consumer by selling a product that has a brand name that does not hold true its original standard. NAPA said the DieHard battery that Advance Auto Parts sold to me on 9/9/2021 was not properly maintained.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2022

Today I was having some issues with my car. I was very frustrated by the time I got into Advanced Auto Parts at 380 W 434 in Winter Springs, Fl 32708. I was in tears. I want to Thank the manager ** and ** for helping me solve my solution. I can't thank them enough. Very kind people working here and deserve to be noticed as such.

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2022

I had a very hard time to return a product to store #05161 because of the no good experience and training of the manager from store #05161. The policy of NY state is that you are able to return a product within 30 days of its purchase. I had a very difficult time to return a product within 20 minutes of my purchase since there was something wrong with my car and not the product. Advance Auto Parts PLEASE TRAIN YOUR MANAGERS. I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP AT THIS STORE AGAIN.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2022

Unfortunately after decades of purchasing parts, tools and accessories for my business I will no longer put up with these tactics that Advance uses to make sales. On multiple occasions if I'm not careful I end up purchasing the wrong items due to AAP tactics on google. Watch it when you google your parts and a similar one almost identical is in the AAP link at less than 1/2 the price, be careful with these people, without purchasing anything google it when Advance comes up with a deal that you can't refuse. You will see later that the part is not for the vehicle you stated. If you screwed up and purchased the item due to the fake price GOOD LUCK. You will need it. Buy your parts from a well known auto parts or order it. You will pay less and buy what you need. I know that this threat is confusing but I tried to explain it the best way I can, bottom line is the price on the ad is not what you will pay, ok.

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2022

After searching the web for days I tried Advance and couldn't be happier with their product. The heater core I bought for my 1989 S10 is EXACTLY like the OEM part in every way only with a better solder at the tubes! Thanks Advance Auto Parts!

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2022

I purchased a battery for my car; a gentleman by the name of Guy at 1509 Easton Rd in Willow Grove, Pa. offered the BEST customer service! He was very attentive, helpful, and he knew his stuff! Although this Advance Auto is not near where I live, I will travel the little distance just for this type of service. People have horrible customer service these days, but Guy showed me that there are still people who have been trained in how to treat customers. Thanks Guy!!

PriceReliability

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2022

My car needed a new CV axle, but the mechanic couldn't source one for at least a week, so I went to Advance Auto, Lynnwood. They sold me a defective axle that I drove for a couple weeks when the mechanic noticed on a different repair that the CV axle was leaking fluids all over the frame of my car. Luckily, it didn't fail on the freeway. Advanced Auto agreed to provide a new axle but refused to pay the $300 it cost to replace the defective axle they sold me originally, not to mention the time and gas it cost to drive across the city to fix their mistake. When I got back to the mechanic, they immediately noticed the replacement axle was dented, though they were luckily able to fix it in the shop. I understand mistakes are made, but the management at Advance Auto, Lynnwood is unwilling to take responsibility.

Cheri

Reimbursement for cost of service is only given to commercial customers with proper paperwork. The defective CV axle was most likely defective from the manufacturer.

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2022

This has really been on my mind for very long time and I need to vent it out. I got some Cadillac converter from Advance Auto Parts on my Macdale Boulevard. After the purchase I realized I didn’t need it no more. I went back to the store manager she refuse to give me my money back saying that I’m trying to Steal parts from the store and that the part I was given was not the same. One returned. However going back-and-forth they did not give me the money. She stole my money and it was never returned. The only thing the manager told me was that they Cannot give my money back.

I will never ever purchase anything like part from this store. It hurt so much. She can have the money and May God the Almighty give us the truth. So whenever you get a part from them open it in the store and make sure that you got what you paid for. As it said you will never know a person true character until it done to you. Be careful what you do to others. Don’t think someone is a thief when you never saw him/she stealing. However, ADVANCE AUTO on Macdale is not my cup of tea anymore for part.

Reviewed July 28, 2022

I ordered parts this morning for pick up at Car Quest Santa Ana. I got there and they had no record or idea what I was talking about even though I had my confirmation email and order number with me. I reordered and waited, took about 1/2 hour to get order paperwork together and 5 minutes to leave. Good discount though it seems no value placed on my time. Would've been great if they had they're ** together.

Reviewed July 26, 2022

I needed help with a problem with my 1999 jeep Cherokee classic. The people there were very helpful and I was incredibly pleased when I left. This was not a easy problem to solve but I felt that there was no trouble. They made my experience easy and saved me money. I shop at this store for the customer service and will continue to.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 16, 2022

I needed a mass air flow sensor for my truck, I called up there, got a price, obviously my truck is running fairly bad or I wouldn't need this part. And I get there 14 minutes before they close and the doors are locked, all of the employee cars are still in the parking lot, all the lights are still on and no one will answer the door. This is not the first time that this has happened, they close the store early all the time and hide until it's time to go home. I am done shopping at Advance Auto. They obviously do not care about my hard-earned money and I promise you O'Reilly's does. Take your business to O'Reilly's.

Reviewed May 4, 2022

I used to work for ADVANCE AUTO. I just went to store 5926, Prattville, AL. The prices on the shelves are all wrong and have the wrong items on the hooks. Also, I picked up two DISCONTINUED items and was told the manager won't sell them to customers, rather mark them out of inventory, and place them in the back, even though the computer said they were available and available to customers. Definitely this store deserves a bottom rating.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2022

Going On Two Weeks Now, Still No Refund Into My Bank Account. Used a Debit Card, Which Any Other Auto Parts Stores Consider Cash & Refund You In Cash On The Spot. Not These People. They Insist On This Drawn Out Nonsense. Had A Similar Experience With An Alternator A Few Years Back & Vowed Never To Use Advance Again. But This Was New Year's Day, My Starter Was Out, & I Had To Have One. Seriously Makes Me Question The Quality Of My Purchase. Maybe I Should Buy A New Starter & Return This One Before It Leaves Me Stranded. Wm.

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2022

I've had two unpleasant experiences with Advance Auto Parts recently. I bought a part for my Saab and shortly afterwards, I was doing research and found the part for literally half the price... A big difference when I paid $150 to them. And, most recently, I had a motorcycle battery that was only seven months old that would no longer spin the engine over enough to start the bike. I brought it back to the store only to be told that the battery had a three month warranty! A $95 battery that is only has a 90 day warranty is ridiculous. I've NEVER gotten less than three years out of the cheapest motorcycle batteries I've purchased over the years... And I would not think a $95 battery wouldn't have a warranty for less than one year. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

Advance Auto Parts has been my "go to" place for many years, and I am disappointed about such a chintzy warranty on such an expensive item that OBVIOUSLY is not putting out expected service. You don't buy a motorcycle battery every seven months! This is hogwash and I'm alerting you all to ask about the warranty and SAY NO when you hear something ridiculous. Take your business somewhere else!

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2021

Last time, I used a coupon link with 20% off. I did order 6 items online and store pickup. When I did get at the store to pickup the items, store prices were 19 some. While the online price was 21 some. Out of the 6 items, I did return one and the refunded price was 19...some. So you buy it for 21 dollars online...but get back the store price 19 dollars.

This is clearly a deceptive practice.
    1... Advance Auto Parts increase the price on the online link to give me a 20% off.
    2... Retuning amount was by the lower store price. Even I did buy it online for a higher price.

3... Not to mention my past orders 2 or 3 with missing items in the package. What business model.

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2021

I have been waiting 2 and a half weeks for a battery refund. The store is trying to blame my bank for the delayed refund. Dealing with these people, it's apparent they are corrupt, lying cheaters. Not to mention they are lazy and do not help the customers. THEY ACT AS THOUGH YOU ARE BOTHERING THEM. NEVER AGAIN WILL I shop in this store (Okeechobee Road Fort Pierce Florida) or any of their stores.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2021

Yesterday I went to Advance Auto to get a new battery for my Equinox. The lady behind the counter sent a guy out to try to figure out what size my engine was as I’m not that knowledgeable about that sort of thing. He couldn’t find anything. I finally found it by going through paperwork in the glove box. I was given options on what was in stock and purchased the best available. The lady even put it in the back of my Equinox for me. I made it to work today and at lunch I went out and switched out my battery. People were surprised that Advance Auto didn’t switch it out for me. I had no idea they did that.

After work I took the old battery back to the store. I asked the guy behind the counter if they installed car batteries. He was very adamant in stating that “He would NOT install a battery that had been taken off property.” I said that I wasn’t asking him to. Then I realized that he wasn’t even paying attention to me. He was focused on what the people at the next counter were talking about.

I told him that I would be happy to wait while he took care of them. He said “No. Give me your receipt.” I tried to ask again if they installed car batteries and if so, why the install wouldn’t have been mentioned when I purchased the battery. He told me again that he wouldn’t do it because the battery had been taken off property. I said that I wasn’t asking him to install it. I had already done that. Thus the old battery sitting in front of him. He finally said that he doesn’t know why they didn’t install it because he wasn’t there yesterday. I’m disappointed that installation wasn’t even offered when I purchased the battery. I’m disgusted by the way I was treated when I brought the core back. I will NEVER step foot in that store again. There are plenty of auto parts stores in the area that it isn’t a problem to go down the road a block.

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2021

Lifetime warranty only means 45 days so don't spend the money on any lifetime warranty, bought a fuel pump a few years back. When time to change it out they said lifetime was limited to only 45 days when we paid the extra cash for lifetime warranty, go to Auto zone where you pay for a warranty and you get it. No questions asked!!!

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2021

Advance Auto Parts is a joke. Their own employees say they advertise items they don’t have. I went online and ordered 2 bottles of Slime Tire Sealant. They were listing at a discounted price, paid for them, and went to pick them up. They kept giving me the runaround and finally told me they could not sell me the parts because there was a mistake in the price they listed. Isn’t that false advertising??? Screw you Advance Auto Parts, you crooks. Made me waste my time and gas. I tried calling their corporate office and customer “care” center but they gave me a false story that none of the stores had any in stock. They are in on the SCAM. I went to the advance auto parts store closest to me and saw the sealant in stock!!! Shame on you advance auto parts, stop the lies and false advertising.

Profile pic of the author.
    Helen increased rating by 4 stars.
    Installation & SetupStaff
    After a positive interaction with Advance Auto Parts, Helen increased their star rating on Sept. 11, 2021.

Updated review: Sept. 11, 2021

I was initially extremely frustrated with Advance Auto Parts; however, Ray **, the district manager here in El Paso, Texas went above and beyond to find a solution to my problem. Not only did he replace my battery with an upgraded version at no cost to me, he installed the battery himself! This is customer service at its best. He listened and delivered. We definitely need more people like Ray serving the customers. I went from the opinion of never stepping foot in this store to recommending to family and friends. Thank you.

Original Review: Sept. 7, 2021

So I bought a battery at Advance Auto in El Paso, Texas two years ago and it was under warranty. Well, after about eight months it began to corrode (leaving lots of corrosion on the battery). I went back to the location in December of 2020 and they agreed to replace with a new battery. I had to find someone and paid them $45 to install. At least I had a new battery that was going to last, right? WRONG! I took my vehicle in to Pep Boys for an oil change and tire rotation. They sent me an image of my battery with corrosion all over it again! NEW BATTERY from eight months ago.

I was out of town for the next week so when I got back last week I went back into Advance Auto and spoke with Octavio. I didn't have my original receipt but he was able to locate everything via the computer. He said the battery was too small for my vehicle and that they would replace it (and install) with a larger one for $20 (because the one in my vehicle was only eight months old). I told him I'd be back on Monday (Labor Day) for this to happen. Well, I went in and Octavio wasn't in until noon (it was 10am when I showed up). I spoke with another employee (can't remember his name) and he said the battery I have in my vehicle is fine and that I didn't need a larger one. But, he said, he would honor what Octavio promised for $20. He asked that I go to the parking lot and pop my hood, so I did.

About five minutes later he comes out to the parking lot and says that the battery is no longer under warranty! WHAT? I told him (and he has proof) that it was a replacement battery (brand new) and was only in my vehicle for eight months. He said that didn't matter, it goes back to the original battery from two years ago and nothing they can do about it. He didn't flinch, just looked at me! I was livid, so I left. I've been unemployed (working freelance) since last May because the pandemic has affected my business dramatically. I don't have money to go out and purchase a new battery and have it installed - I can barely pay my bills. I'm also helping to support my 87 year-old mother. I'm not asking for a freebie, just asking for a replacement on something I purchased and went bad. I WILL NOT EVER STEP FOOT IN THIS STORE AGAIN AND WILL BE TELLING ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO DO THE SAME!

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Looking for a new carburetor so I did a web search. Results listed Advance Auto Parts had the carburetor I wanted for $368.88 but with this discount code it would be $295. Try to order and code won’t work on the item they said it works on. I called them and they said “yeah it’s misleading but no the code won’t work.” The carb is $368.88. If the code won’t work why is it saying on their ad that it does? Thanks but no thanks, I will stick with honest companies.

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Tyrone Berry helped us out twice... He put a battery in for us twice. I really appreciate all his help!!! He went out of his way and beyond for us!! I will always use Advance for now on. Ty for the awesome experience!!!!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 15, 2021

I needed a part for my car and ordered it online from Advance Auto Parts. I received it quickly, but the package was damage and the part inside broken. I called customer service and reported the problem. I was told that I would need to return it to the store for a refund, but in ordered to get my discount I would need to ordered it online. So I returned home to order it again. The second part came quickly, but something looked familiar with the package it was in. I opened this package, but to my surprise it was broken. Not only broken, but broken in the exact same spot as the first part. Then it dawned on me that this was the same part I had just returned. And it was even in the exact same box with the same shipping label.

They had just sent me the broken part I had just returned. I then called Advanced Auto Parts again, and after about 30 minutes explaining the situation to them, they told me again to bring the part back to the store (without a refund), and they would order it for me. They did give me a $10 credit for the inconvenience it caused me. But I don’t think I will be going back to them, as they have lost my business, and there are plenty of other parts stores near me.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 11, 2021

Ordered parts and they couldn't tell me when they be in. So I checked 10 days later after not hearing from anyone. They had received parts and returned because I had not come in to get them. Meanwhile I had no knowledge my parts had even shown up. A phone call, which they ask for a phone number, could of saved them a customer. I refuse to go back or reorder my parts.

Reviewed June 26, 2021

I visited the shop at Mason road/99 in Richmond TX to have my batteries that were still under warranty checked. Told Luis, the guy in front that I needed to get my battery tested. He came out to the car with me, tested the first battery that I did not get from Advanced Auto and told me that the battery was completely dead and that they could not do anything about that. Which implied that I needed to replace it. Told him that I will get it replaced from where I got it from since it’s still under warranty. Then he tested the second battery which I got from Advanced auto, he said the machine could not connect to the terminals. He kept on trying to adjust the clamps but it didn’t work. He tried it on the first one he had previously tested. I asked if it worked, his answer was no. Which made me suspect that the machine did not work the first time.

So I said I needed a replacement because the battery is not working. He said well they cannot give me a replacement until they test the battery to understand what is wrong with it. So I asked if I could drop the battery, he said well his machine isn’t working so he cannot test it even though I drop off the battery. So I was like, are you asking me to leave and not exercise my warranty because your machine doesn’t work? He said no but even though I drop it, he doesn’t have any other machine to test it. All this time, he was being rude and arrogant in his tone, I tried to stay calm. So I asked him if he was the manager, he said no. Then I asked to speak to his manager and he said he is inside, beckoning me to go inside the store to find his manager.

Manager’s name was Xavier, cool guy. I hadn’t finished explaining the battery issue when he said, "We will have it replaced for you sir." This is just an example of people that can give an establishment a bad name if you allow them to engage your customers. Luis has no biz interacting with customers. Get him trained or reassign him to handle some back office stuff. Thanks Xavier. Guys, if you ever visit this store, stay away from Luis. He is Bonafide **.

Reviewed April 13, 2021

Fake attractive discounts: Fraudulent use of KYB more expensive Strut mounts with striking pictures, and packaging less expensive KYB bellows. Order placed for both bellows and mounts. On-line shoppers use CARID at 40-50% lower price and offering free shipping via UPS fast. Dr. F **