Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
2.86/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

325 Advance Auto Parts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

The battery on my Focus failed to start the engine after a night with record low temperatures of -22 degrees in Chicagoland. The guy from State Farm roadside service came & jumped the car & got it started & he thought the battery was the wrong type - it was too small for the tray. So, I went battery shopping. First at Wal-Mart on Randal Road where they offered a replacement 96 type for 90 dollars. For a comparison I went over to an Advance Auto Parts store nearby. They had only one such battery - a 96 category - for 190 dollars with a 3 year warranty. Gave my a spiel about how Wal-mart's batteries are no good, you get what you pay for, etc., etc. I was foolish enough to buy from them. They mentioned that Farm & Fleet had good batteries, so I drove 20 miles to F & F in Montgomery where the clerk found two batteries that would fit - the 40 & 96 categories.

I decided that I liked the 40 because it was larger & looked like it would fit the tray so I decided to buy it - for 128 dollars with a 7 year warranty. Well, when I tried to return the other battery to a nearby Advance shop, the song & dance started. We can't take this because it's been installed (I had documentation that I had the thing for only 1 hour during which I was on the road), batteries can't be returned because of the warranty, you have to take it back to the original shop, etc. Well, I needed a battery to install in the car next morning & I decided I'd better return the F & F battery pronto so they couldn't claim that it had been installed.

Headed back next door to F & F and they refunded my money with no hassles. I apologized & told them my story about how I was stuck with an overpriced battery that I didn't want & how I would never do business with Advance Auto Parts again. I usually buy parts from AutoZone & they never hassle me like this. Looking at the other reviews at this website it appears lots of people have troubles with returns & their service. Looks like Advance had better get their act together or they will go the way of Kmart & Sears.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have been an Advance Auto Parts customer for a long time, and for the most parts, I have had a very good and positive experience with my local store (Store No.07274, in Wayne, NJ 07470). On December 3, 2018, I bought 4 Diff Mount Bushing (PC11340638) for a Cadillac CTS. I was not able to use the parts because the issues with the car turns out not to be the Diff Mount Bushing (my bad completely). Today, I went to the store to return the unopened, new, untouched parts and I was informed by the manager that it was over 45 days already and that a return was not possible.

I did agree with the manager & the store policy (I did not see or read the policy, also the receipt does not say anything about the limited time for returns) but I asked the manager for a one time exception of policy since first, the parts were in the same condition they were handed to me & second, the parts were not electrical or perishable. The manager, again informed me that he would not accept them back. For whatever reason, I thought that the store manager had the ability to do the return and simply Chose not to.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Bought Advance Auto Parts gold battery with 3 year warranty. The battery went dead 3 times in two months after 2 years of use, went back to store two times. Both times I was treated like I had an IQ of 0 since I am female, needless to say they would not honor warranty. Purchased in Etters PA manager MATT was rude, tries to intimidate the customers so they leave without getting the service promised. Bad vibe in the store. Lots of contention. MATT does not know the meaning of customer service, THE CUSTOMERS ARE THE REASON HE HAS A JOB!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I'm going to store Joel Blvd in 33972 Florida. The employee tell me, "You no have warranty." The system said nothing. My recommendation is make hard copy original receipt. Is suck. My listing parts with lifetime warranty alternator front and rear Shock absorbers few tools battery water pump.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I'm a long time customer but today I was very disappointed with my online purchase attempt. I was issued a Merchandise Credit Card from my store here in Cocoa Florida last month for some parts returns. I went to make a battery purchase online to take advantage of a 25% discount and my $5 Speed Perks and found that the card is "USELESS"! You are "STUCK" with only being able to use this card in the store paying "Full Price"! Plus another thing I found out about this card is there is no way to check the balance! There is zero info on the back of the card on how to check it! Come on Advance Auto Parts! Let's move up to the world of Online Commerce and fix these problems ASAP! Until then everyone "BEWARE"!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Numerous times have I tried to conduct business with Advance Auto Parts to no avail. Left on the phone numerous times, disconnected. As visiting Advance a few times to make purchases, I found those working there had limited knowledge and did not honor warranty claims. In contacting management several times, they agreed with me and stated, "They should have taken the product back".

The aforesaid is a small part of Advance as we see this business declining at a rapid rate. Advance is more interested in finding ways to deceive people with their alleged discounts whereby there really is no discount. Many parts are not even in house where one has to place an order and then Advance tacks on a substantial shipping fee. Advance is strictly business oriented and could care less of any mechanics or technicians that are left in this generation.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I live in Rockford, MI and every time I go into this store Advance Auto Parts Store 6355 2800 10 MILE ROAD NE ROCKFORD, MI 49341. They always take GREAT care of me. One employee I look for is **. He always knows his stuff. He is honest when he talks to me and gives me options. Today I needed a new battery for my 2014 Honda so I had my wife follow me to the store. We had our 5 kids in the car and since it was going to be a few minutes I paid for the battery, gave him my keys and went to breakfast with my kids. When we got back battery was in the van and the keys were at the counter. I just want to thank him for going above and beyond.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I went to buy a car seat cover there and it was placed on a wrong price bracket. So I went to pay they told me, "Oh that’s not the price for it because customers put the items in the wrong place all the time." I understand that but nothing on the shelf was in order. This ** man named James with hair told me I’m supposed to match the SKU number to verify. I don’t believe I have to do all that just to buy from a multi dollar company. Why do they have those workers for? He then told me they don’t have to go around to put the products in the right place. So if anyone attempting to go there to buy I advice you to not to! This is the worst store ever. Customer is trash and definitely don’t believe customers are first!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I bought wiper blades in the store. They weren't in stock. Had to order them. They charged me for 12.00 for shipping. I canceled the order a couple days later. They returned my purchase amount, but not the shipping charges. They said the computer can't cancel them. But if I did it online myself I could get the shipping charges back. On the website it's free shipping on $35.00. I spent more than that. They just made $12.00 dollars. That's absurd.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have shopped at various Advance Auto Parts stores. If you don't know which store you purchased the item from you can't get it warranted because they don't keep track of your purchases company wide but only by store. It's a hassle. I'm not shopping there any longer because of the way they keep or I should say lack of keeping track of my purchases. What a screwed up method they have.

Advance Auto Parts Company Information