Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.63/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

338 Advance Auto Parts Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 25, 2019

I came in hearing my alternator was going bad, so I replaced it, then it became my battery, but when I came in and was curious about my alternator being tested on the machine vs on my car, the machine inside their store read that it was perfect and passed consecutively their test in there. Now that I got both the battery and alternator put on, now I’m hearing it’s my battery being overly charged or something. The mechanic tells me my battery's perfectly fine. So I’m not sure about the lies and the bull from this company anymore.

Original review: May 13, 2019

This has been the worst experience ever!!! My battery had to be charged to get here. I thought they could put a battery in with no problem. No, they said it had to be put in at the dealership. They tried to jump me off, but failed. I’m waiting for my husband to drive 55 miles to jump me off because they are too stupid. I can’t roll my window up because I have no power. I asked the guy inside if he could just check on my car while I went next door to get in the air conditioning. He said, “No”. Never, ever, will I go to any Advanced Auto Parts store. I will walk before I grace their presence again. Oh and did I mention there were at least 5 employees that I saw and one customer besides me.

Original review: May 9, 2019

This time, the 5th and final time I will ever go there again, I purchased a cheap oil filter, supposedly the exact same one at the exact same price, but what do you know, it was over double what I paid about two months ago so I called to ask why and just wound up going back for total refund. Apparently the one I got last time was not what I ordered, the only difference was quality and the color. It took three cashiers to finally be able to explain the difference and were real stuck up about it.

I am just tired of being mislead by Advance Auto employees (many other auto stores also), do your research and pay attention to the exact color (blue oil filters cost more than the red ones. Go figure?) and everything else of parts you are given at Advance Auto Parts stores because when employees go to the back to get the part it will probably be the wrong part and as usual you never know until it's too late. Even when they look stuff up on their counter screens they seem to get it wrong and hope customers don't notice.

Original review: May 7, 2019

My battery failed unexpectedly the morning of a family trip to NYC, so I took my vehicle over to Advanced Auto to have a new battery installed. When I arrived the two parts counter employees started bickering over who was going to install the battery and who would watch the counter. Once that was decided, the employee installing it could not find the proper socket to remove the battery bolts (The store is full of tools) so he decided to use a regular wrench.

In order to use the wrench, he removed the large air intake duct that feeds air to the engine. In the midst of this, he went back inside to ring other customers up and the bickering continued between him and his colleague. He came back out and finished the install and closed the hood. I offered him a $10 tip for his time, which he gladly accepted. I figured he was having a bad day and maybe it would help. Instead, I drove home and found that he had not reinstalled the intake duct properly. He had removed all of the fasteners and did not replace them, choosing to just put the duct in loose. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine that this is unacceptable. Thankfully, I had some fasteners in my garage and was able to correct the problem. Otherwise, who knows what would have happened on our trip. Breaking down on the NJ Turnpike is very dangerous.

Today I contacted Advanced to file a complaint and see if they would refund or compensate me for my problems. The person I spoke with first told me that "The install is free" and that "the employee is not a qualified mechanic". I wonder what people would think if an airline told passengers their pilot was not an FAA certified pilot? I told her that this was not my problem, they advertise the service as incentive to buy a battery from them, it is up to them to make sure the employee knows what he/she is doing.

She offered me a $20 discount or a $50 gift card. $20 does not really cut it for this kind of safety hazard. I told her a $50 credit to my card would be acceptable. She then said she would speak with her manager. She came back and said they would give me %15 ($25) because there was a discount on the battery. Again, this is not my problem, their employee did not put my vehicle back together properly. As this had taken almost 45 minutes and I have work to do, I told her to send me the $50 gift card. This is still not acceptable but I can't spend hours trying to right this wrong. Thus, buyer beware when you have a battery installed by Advanced Auto. I would have done it myself but I had surgery on my arm and I can no longer lift a heavy battery or turn stuck bolts. That is why I trusted Advanced Auto to do the job properly. Lousy service, lousy solution.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Firstly when I entered the store, no greeting. However, others that entered behind me were. As I was in mid sentence of stating what I wanted to purchase (radiator cap), phone rang, rep picked it up, for 5 minutes answering questions for customer, before my walking out. I thought, "Seriously, I am a customer in front of you, they are a prospective customer." I have always been a fan of AutoZone where my loyalty will continue. Teach and Train Advance Auto. It's all about how ones are treated, for there is much competition.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: March 19, 2019

I found online they had Valvoline Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil for sale online at their website which shows the price is $10.49 but currently on sale for $7.86 qt, I went into their store and the salesperson says he cannot give me that price as it's their online price so he marks it down to $9.50 qt for me. After I get home I look online and find Advance's price match guarantee which clearly states they will honor competitor and even their own website pricing in the store if you choose to go into the store and show the price to the team member.

I went back to my local store to have them look at my receipt and they still balked at the online price and said that it's the sale price when you buy it online and they didn't want to honor that price so I told them I would return the 4 bottles of oil and then purchase it online to get that pricing. Then the clerk is somehow able to mysteriously resolve the issue and gives it to me at buy 1 full price get one 1/2 off which in the end works out to be the same amount as $7.86 qt. I didn't know about their price match guarantee and told the first store that places such as Walmart, Lowe's and many other stores will price match but they never asked me to show them the online price and I did show it to the other store that resolved it which in the end saved me $6-$7.

Original review: March 16, 2019

As a female customer, I was ignored. I stood at the front desk/check out counter through 3 men entering the store. I asked for help. The employee said he was busy. Finally, he entered my name into the system, as my family had ordered parts. He told me that I was confused - at the wrong store - got it wrong and didn't place my order there. However, he had entered my name incorrectly. As he walked away, he told the manager that "I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about." The manager entered my phone number and easily found the parts we ordered. No apology, as the manager didn't know that I heard the conversation. The first employee should not be working with people. It was really bad. I will not be returning to Advance Auto Parts.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought an item from Advance Auto Parts, and went to went to the store after an hour to return or exchange with the original receipt, but the customer person failed to take it back & he behaved very rudely.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Ordered a AC compressor. Paid to have it installed. The compressor was bad. I called Advance and I was told to come back to the store and they would give me another one. When I got to the store they told me that I had to pay $300.00 until I could bring the bad compressor back. I am disabled on a fixed income and I don't have that kind of money. I also have got to pay to have it replaced again since it wasn't the mechanic's fault. They should pay to have the work redone. Now I have got to wait until I can come up with the money.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I recently stopped at location 6153 in New Port Richey Florida on Hwy. 54! My car needed oil cause it was clacking and empty! I went in with 7 dollars and needed one bottle of oil to get home at 4.99! This day of Feb. 21st, 2019 the guys there ** and ** seriously helped me greatly! I appreciate their care and concern and the help they provided! Thanks Advance and thanks ** and **!! You guys were awesome.

Advance Auto Parts Company Information