1.54/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

320 Advance Auto Parts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Numerous times have I tried to conduct business with Advance Auto Parts to no avail. Left on the phone numerous times, disconnected. As visiting Advance a few times to make purchases, I found those working there had limited knowledge and did not honor warranty claims. In contacting management several times, they agreed with me and stated, "They should have taken the product back".

The aforesaid is a small part of Advance as we see this business declining at a rapid rate. Advance is more interested in finding ways to deceive people with their alleged discounts whereby there really is no discount. Many parts are not even in house where one has to place an order and then Advance tacks on a substantial shipping fee. Advance is strictly business oriented and could care less of any mechanics or technicians that are left in this generation.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I live in Rockford, MI and every time I go into this store Advance Auto Parts Store 6355 2800 10 MILE ROAD NE ROCKFORD, MI 49341. They always take GREAT care of me. One employee I look for is **. He always knows his stuff. He is honest when he talks to me and gives me options. Today I needed a new battery for my 2014 Honda so I had my wife follow me to the store. We had our 5 kids in the car and since it was going to be a few minutes I paid for the battery, gave him my keys and went to breakfast with my kids. When we got back battery was in the van and the keys were at the counter. I just want to thank him for going above and beyond.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I went to buy a car seat cover there and it was placed on a wrong price bracket. So I went to pay they told me, "Oh that’s not the price for it because customers put the items in the wrong place all the time." I understand that but nothing on the shelf was in order. This ** man named James with hair told me I’m supposed to match the SKU number to verify. I don’t believe I have to do all that just to buy from a multi dollar company. Why do they have those workers for? He then told me they don’t have to go around to put the products in the right place. So if anyone attempting to go there to buy I advice you to not to! This is the worst store ever. Customer is trash and definitely don’t believe customers are first!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I bought wiper blades in the store. They weren't in stock. Had to order them. They charged me for 12.00 for shipping. I canceled the order a couple days later. They returned my purchase amount, but not the shipping charges. They said the computer can't cancel them. But if I did it online myself I could get the shipping charges back. On the website it's free shipping on $35.00. I spent more than that. They just made $12.00 dollars. That's absurd.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have shopped at various Advance Auto Parts stores. If you don't know which store you purchased the item from you can't get it warranted because they don't keep track of your purchases company wide but only by store. It's a hassle. I'm not shopping there any longer because of the way they keep or I should say lack of keeping track of my purchases. What a screwed up method they have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

They forget your receipt then argue and tell you that you lost it. They hang up on you and you get screwed out of your money or warranty. Nothing is their fault because they don't make mistakes. Go to Napa.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I had my mechanic replace my AC compressor on my 2002 Escalade about four months ago. He got a new one from Advance. Not a rebuilt. It made so much noise that was taken off and replaced under warranty. He replaced that AC compressor four months ago but it started making noise too and stopped working. My original ac compressor was AC Delco and lasted 17 years. They offered another one under warranty again but no thanks. The mechanic has to be paid for his labor and the one they sell is not better than a rebuilt one. I ordered a new AC Delco Compressor from O'Reilly. The one from Advance is an expensive boat anchor. In addition, my daughter had the same mechanic replace the starter on her Silverado. Advance delivers to him so he put on their starter. Well it drags so going to replace it again. I told this mechanic not to buy my parts from them again. Cost is too much as to repair again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I've been a long-time customer of Advance Auto but wow their prices have gotten to be outrageous. One part I literally found online brand new same model brand and part for 1/3 of what Advance is charging. Their coupons suck and the customer service has gone down the tubes. I went in to buy a 50 dollar module for a fuel pump and they said they could not return the part once it leaves the store. I had purchased a fuel pump from them about 3 days prior and they suggested using my one time replacement on it. No?

Although it wouldn't be the first time I've taken garbage home from there. Clerk prints out receipt and says I need to sign it...umm, I am not picking the part up, I'm rejecting it. So I sign the receipt marking it as I did not pick up and it takes 3 days for the refund to show up on my card. Stupid! I went over to their competitor. They were pretty cool about everything and don't have a "no return" policy on electronics. Keep raising prices and pushing people away, especially with the unstable future of brick and mortar retail stores, good luck and farewell!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Spent a good two hour researching what part I needed and the best place to buy it. AAP was the winner... I needed this part asap to fix the car... The day before the part was suppose to arrive they inform me "We don't have your part in stock." I'll never waste my time with AAP again.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I bought a “guaranteed to fit” headlight replacement for my 2006 Town and Country. Except the headlight harness was wrong. The bolts to connect it not long enough. What should have taken 10 minutes took half a day chasing down parts to make my “guaranteed to fit” replacement actually fit. Oh. Bonus. The online stock for the additional parts I needed were out of date, meaning that they said they were in stock, but actually they weren’t. Four stores later I finally had all the parts needed to fulfill their guarantee. Sorry you’ve had a bad experience - can I offer you a discount next time? This entire business is the worst I have experienced in 60 years. Hope they fail miserably and go out of business.

Advance Auto Parts Company Information