Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.28/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Advance Auto Parts Reviews

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

The new manager for the Brown Deer location, along with one other employee (Vance) I met today are the only reason I'll keep purchasing here, rather than the internet. They were extremely good for business, or I'd shop elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Your store employees did not have the time to attend to us while in the store. The book that YOUR store supplies as a guide to find the correct part explained the size of bulb we needed. YOUR book which is provided by YOUR employees expressed the wrong size bulb. When returning the bulbs YOUR store employees explained that WE did not ask your employees for help therefore it is not their problem and we can no longer return them. This is unprofessional on behalf of your store employees who although didn’t help us but provided us with a in store book that is faulty and incorrect. I was told “to bite the bullet because I can not return $115 light bulbs that didn’t fit my truck that the magazine said it would. I will never step foot in this store again!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I seldom write negative reviews, but this time I feel obligated. I stopped into the AAP location listed above simply to replace a burnt out low-beam headlight bulb. I gave the clerk my vehicle info. He checked for the part in the computer system, and provided the bulb. He emphasized strongly that the bulb could not be returned if the package was opened. I trusted that he provided the correct bulb, but soon learned that it didn't fit the socket--which of course required the package to be opened.

I returned to the store and explained to the clerk my problem--with the original burnt out bulb in hand. He checked the system and showed me the part number of the bulb that he originally sold me--which was different than the part number of the bulb I was holding. Sort of a long way of saying that the computer info was flawed and probably contains other erroneous info. To his credit (Dakota B. is his name), he was willing to replace the bulb despite the package having already been opened (this is the only reason I'm awarding more than one star). Unfortunately, the bulb (which now fit perfectly) did not turn on. At first I suspected a bad fuse or relay, but both checked out. I had to travel for the Holidays, so I couldn't go back to the store right away.

While traveling, I purchased from an Autozone a bulb that worked without issue. The Autozone clerk said that she would replace the bulb if it did not work or fit, even if the package was opened. When I returned to Sc, I went to the AAP hoping to simply get a replacement for what was obviously a defective bulb. The manager working that morning said something to the effect of, "sorry, Partner, there ain't nothing I can do for that bulb, since it ain't one we carry."

He went on to claim that the grey base of the bulb indicated that it was the auto manufacturer's bulb (not true) and not one that AAP would carry (also not true, since I had taken it off the shelf myself when I swapped it out). It was a Sylvania bulb, so I suppose Sylvania is ultimately to blame for carrying defective bulbs, but the fact that this manager couldn't admit it is unsettling. Between the faulty computer system and this type of "service", I would recommend making a trip to the Autozone on the same street instead.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

This is about the store on Crater Road in Petersburg Va. Went in on 12/22/19 to order a CV axle for my truck. The salesman said it would be there on that next Friday 12/27/19. So on Thursday I decided to remove the bad axle on my truck. Called the store on CRATER ROAD IN PETERSBURG VA and they told me my new axle would not be there till JANUARY 2ND. AT this point my truck is on jackstands ready to receive the new axle. I went to the store and cancelled that transaction because I needed my truck and didn't want it sitting in my parking lot sitting on jackstands. I went down the street to O'Reilly's and they had it for me that day. I have always used ADVANCE AUTO in the past but will never again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I bought a water pump at Clearwater Advanced Auto And failed after 3 hours of service. The one that came off had been on there 20 yrs. Because the mechanic that bought the water pump failed to complete job I hired another mechanic to install the pump and it was defected. Advance Auto replaced the water pump but refused to pay the labor to reinstall the new one...I wouldn't advise buying any parts from them..We call that crooks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I bought a remanufactured starter and alternator for my Acura MDX and both failed right away. I had to get the car towed back to my house. It seems like they are not rebuilding the parts, just painting them and putting them in a box.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I've been going to Advanced Auto Parts for years and with good reason. George is the mgr of store 9469 in Palm Bay, Florida. Excellent service always; installs my wiper blades and my car batteries as well. Every employee has always been helpful, friendly and courteous. The store is always busy so I think locals must agree with me. Thank you George and staff!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

First trip out I dealt with a rude person at the front. He greeted me by continuing to play his game on his phone l, then he wasn’t knowledgeable about any parts so he turned to screen over to me and told me to pick. When he found out that they don’t carry the gap coins, he still proceeded to Walk to the back to get me the parts that weren’t pregapped. I had to call home back to the front to look up pregapped and he didn’t know the difference. So I ended up having to get the original ones and drive to wonderful Auto Zone go get the coin.

While I was paying I asked the guy for a lube pack for the parts and he didn’t say nothing and looked away. So I asked the other employee and the rude guy gave said that he told me he was going to give me one and didn’t know why I was asking someone else about it! I sent in a request on FB messenger to speak to someone about him and no one called me back about it. Then I had to exchange one part the same night because it was broken. He gave me and my sister a messed up look and got us a manager.

My 3rd experience was even worse. I called to order Kore parts and the first person I talked to said they had one each at 4 locations and could pick them up and have them ready by 3pm. He then transferred me to I guess the parts guy and he said he’d transfer them over have and them in by 5pm same day. I asked if I needed to pay for it and he said I could pay when I picked them up. I called to check I them 15 'til 5 and the other employee knew nothing about it and it was never ordered and he couldn’t help me with it. I was so mad, I just called and ordered them through Auto Zone. I will never deal with Adv Auto Parts ever again!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My daughter needed new windshield wipers for her vehicle. We stopped at Advance Auto Parts in Vincennes In on Hart street. 2 really nice guys Josh and Terry installed them for us. They were very knowledgable and one of the wipers WOULDN'T come off. They didn’t give up but spent 10 minutes getting that one wiper off. They were so kind and we really appreciated their help. I will go there next time. I stopped at a particular service center recently and they said they didn’t do that for customers. Thank you for having such great workers Josh and Terry.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

On 11/03/19 I visited store# 06187 in Murfreesboro, Tn to purchased a portable heater my transaction # is ** Raymond ** (the racist) While in the store the initial sales person was very helpful, his name was Jacob. I paid 24.13 for the heater and went to my vehicle to install the heater. 10 minutes after installing the heater it quit working and also blew my fuse. I returned back to the store within 30 minutes of the purchase and explained what happened. At this time the person assisting was Ray. He was very rude from the beginning stating in some sort that I did not know how to install it and that it did work.

I explained that it worked for 10 minutes then quit. He then proceed to look at a fuse on the device. He then stated, "Oh yes. The safety fuse was not attached properly from the manufacturer and that is what caused the malfunction and my car fuse to blow." I then asked for a refund and also if they could replace my fuse since this was a defective device. Initially he refuse both and told me to call the manufacturer and file a complaint. The problem is there was no phone number on the packaging. I advised him that is unacceptable and requested my refund.

We went back and forth and finally he said he would refund my money after I said I would call corporate. He then proceeded to tell me that he would not do anything about my fuse. I asked for the manager and he state he was the manager. I then stated how am I going to file a claim with no company info. He then rudely stated he didn't know and that's my problem. Then he stated there is a web address on the back of the package try that.

I was very disappointed in the experience because the service I received was terrible and it was coming from someone the company chose to have represent them as a manager. Needless to say I went next door to O'Reilly's and purchased new fuses and a heater and received better service from a staff member. I would never visit this store again.

Advance Auto Parts Company Information