Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.57/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

345 Advance Auto Parts Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I took a starter with a Bad solenoid and if you know about solenoids they work at will! They tested worked that minute. They didn't give me credit or another starter.. Don't buy from this guys! Is not a serious store..my store was in Laredo TX and the store manager's name was Carlos.. on Zapata hwy. Crappy store! Hope He gets Fired!

Original review: July 20, 2019

I purchased 6 NGK Laser Platinum spark plugs at the Holcomb Bridge store (6904) in Norcross GA, 2 weeks ago. A trusted mechanic installed the spark plugs in my vehicle, and they were defective. He showed me the numerous cylinder misfire codes. He boxed up the plugs I brought, and ordered the exact same plugs from his supplier. Once installed, they ended up working just fine. I took the defective plugs back to the Norcross store, and was told by an extremely rude store manager that they do not accept parts once they have been installed. How should anyone know OEM spark plugs are going to be defective and throw engine codes before installing them?

Either way I am now stuck with 6 expensive yet defective spark plugs sold by Advance Auto Parts. That fact coupled with the rude and condescending customer service from a store manager is enough to steer myself, my mechanic, and everyone I know away from Advance Auto Parts. I have had nothing but stellar customer service experiences at both AutoZone and O'Reilly and will be taking my business there from now on.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I began yesterday to try to buy an item in Advance Auto Parts. This item is not available in stores but it is online. I gave all my information, address, checked "Ship to Home", every thing, when I try to click on checkout button, it does not work because of some PROM AND SPEED PERKS CODE. I do not want to save money, I want my item. That's it. Why cannot I buy it?

Original review: July 4, 2019

Advance Auto Parts ordered front ceramic brakes, paid $53.00, got semi metallic brakes that list for $19.00. After calling it to attention of associate at Advance Auto Parts, they would not give me what I paid for!!

Original review: June 18, 2019

On hold for way too long trying to get a discount properly coded. Please, don't do online if you can't back it up with timely customer service. They say "your call is really important to us"...if that's the case, properly staff your call center!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: June 13, 2019

They will replace them only once under lifetime warranty. Driveworks Upper control arms from Advance wear out in about a year. Had to replace them twice already and passenger side has worn out again. What good is lifetime warranty. Complete junk.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I am highly disappointed going into this store. They don't keep it well stocked out on the floor. Dirty at times! Staff is not that knowledgeable about parts. Seems they rely on the computer too much. I DON'T UNDERSTAND what the deal is with the lady behind the counter. She is never happy. She is short... has body odor off of her. She acts like she is the manager!! However I know that Rob is but he sure doesn't act like it!! She is rude to him. Tells him what to do. Poor management and no teamwork at this store. They act as if it's a job. Nothing else. I only go in if I truly have to or I am willing to go the extra mile to another competitive store!! I truly believe that someone from corporate needs to make a surprise visit undercover to this location or they will continue to lose business. I have told people to try their best to avoid this location. Go to their other locations.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I came in hearing my alternator was going bad, so I replaced it, then it became my battery, but when I came in and was curious about my alternator being tested on the machine vs on my car, the machine inside their store read that it was perfect and passed consecutively their test in there. Now that I got both the battery and alternator put on, now I’m hearing it’s my battery being overly charged or something. The mechanic tells me my battery's perfectly fine. So I’m not sure about the lies and the bull from this company anymore.

Original review: May 13, 2019

This has been the worst experience ever!!! My battery had to be charged to get here. I thought they could put a battery in with no problem. No, they said it had to be put in at the dealership. They tried to jump me off, but failed. I’m waiting for my husband to drive 55 miles to jump me off because they are too stupid. I can’t roll my window up because I have no power. I asked the guy inside if he could just check on my car while I went next door to get in the air conditioning. He said, “No”. Never, ever, will I go to any Advanced Auto Parts store. I will walk before I grace their presence again. Oh and did I mention there were at least 5 employees that I saw and one customer besides me.

Original review: May 9, 2019

This time, the 5th and final time I will ever go there again, I purchased a cheap oil filter, supposedly the exact same one at the exact same price, but what do you know, it was over double what I paid about two months ago so I called to ask why and just wound up going back for total refund. Apparently the one I got last time was not what I ordered, the only difference was quality and the color. It took three cashiers to finally be able to explain the difference and were real stuck up about it.

I am just tired of being mislead by Advance Auto employees (many other auto stores also), do your research and pay attention to the exact color (blue oil filters cost more than the red ones. Go figure?) and everything else of parts you are given at Advance Auto Parts stores because when employees go to the back to get the part it will probably be the wrong part and as usual you never know until it's too late. Even when they look stuff up on their counter screens they seem to get it wrong and hope customers don't notice.

Advance Auto Parts Company Information