Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Auto Transporters

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.85/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

A-1 Auto Transport is an auto shipping broker that works with hundreds of carriers to help you find a vehicle carrier. When you submit your information for a quote, A-1 Auto connects you to several businesses that submit competing bids, which lets you choose the best one. Open or enclosed shipping is available for a variety of vehicles.

BOTTOM LINE

A-1 Auto can ship almost any vehicle nearly anywhere. While its quote process is overwhelming, it works for some and provides plenty of choices.

PROS

• Ships internationally
    • Door-to-door options
    • Ships almost any vehicle

CONS

• Difficult quote process

Top A-1 Auto Transport Reviews

The rep who contacted me was unbelievable. Her responses to my many questions was prompt and complete. Once the contract was signed, the pickup was on the next day. The car arrived in just 2 days (from Florida to California), which was well ahead of schedule. It arrived in excellent shape as well.

We shipped a car for our daughter from Seattle to St Louis … We were very satisfied with the carrier they assigned, Thad. He was courteous and professional, and provided text updates and pictures along the way. Car was delivered on the date he estimated upon pickup, with no issues.

About A-1 Auto Transport

A-1 Auto Transport is a brokerage that connects consumers to carriers that submit competing bids to ship your car. The A-1 process breaks down into three steps:

1. Request a quote from A-1 Auto Transport.
      2. Receive emails and phone calls from several competitors vying for your business.
      3. Choose the carrier that works best for you.

A-1 Auto Transport facilitates the shipping of almost any type of vehicle, either from door to door or terminal to terminal.

A-1 Auto Transport cost

The average quote we received to ship a four-door sedan from New York to Miami through A-1 Auto Transport was about $700. We collected quotes from six carriers ranging from $655 to $750 in less than 10 minutes.

If you take a less popular route, ship a larger vehicle or need your car transported a longer distance, you'll probably pay more than $700. Expect to pay less money for shorter routes, smaller cars and shipping during off-peak times.

International car shipping costs for A-1 vary based on destination. You can find rough estimates for common international moves below.

International routeEstimated cost
      Chicago to Costa Rica$4,275
      Miami to Belgium$2,125
      Dallas to Australia$2,125

A-1 Auto Transport shipping options

One of A-1’s best features is its extensive shipping options. You can ship between states, across the country or internationally. Open shipping is standard, but you can opt for enclosed shipping if your car is valuable. Expedited transport is available. In addition to standard cars, A-1 Auto Transport can ship:

• Classic cars
      • Water scooters
      • ATVs
      • Boats and yachts
      • Golf carts

You can opt for door-to-door or terminal-to-terminal shipping with A-1 Auto Transport. Door-to-door shipping is the more convenient option, but terminal-to-terminal is typically cheaper and sometimes required for remote locations.

If you’re moving your entire home, A-1 can help connect you with a household mover.

A-1 Auto Transport FAQ

Can I pack personal items into my car when shipping with A-1?
      No, but if you need help moving the contents of your home, A-1 Auto Transport can help find you a mover.
      Does A-1 have terminal-to-terminal shipping?
      Yes, A-1 Auto has terminal-to-terminal shipping in addition to door-to-door shipping. If you want faster, cheaper shipping, the terminal-to-terminal option might be better for you.
      Does A-1 have insurance?
      Yes, A-1 Auto has cargo insurance that covers the full replacement value of your vehicle.
      Does A-1 ship motorcycles?
      Yes. A-1 Auto ships almost any type of vehicle.

Do we recommend A-1 Auto Transport?

If you’re shipping your vehicle and want several options, A-1 Auto Transport is a great choice. One thing we didn’t like was A-1’s constant phone calls and emails after we submitted our contact information online. The plus side of this is that the company did provide several affordable quotes.

A-1 Auto Transport Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2020

It was my first experience with them and it is a best one. Thanks all. I highly recommend A1 Auto Transport services to all of my friends and relatives. I got such a good service from A – 1 Auto Transport. They offered me the best shipment for my vehicle. I will surely recommend this service to all.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I was in a situation to transport my car to Minnesota and I felt bit nervous. But I am so glad that I approached A – 1 Auto Transport service. The staffs are genuine and attentive. Thanks to Joe for helping me to move my vehicle. Thanks. I highly recommend A1 Auto Transport services to all of my friends and relatives.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

A – 1 Auto Transport has an interesting service named white glove service. They cleaned my car very well and my car landed in a super clean way. They have ensured me with theft protection. They have several protection schemes in which they even provide protection against bad weather condition. I highly recommend A1 Auto Transport services to all of my friends and relatives.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

My car has been salvaged and it needed immediate shipping to my home town. So, I had contacted A-1 Auto Transport. As they are professionals, they were very much careful in shipping. They used Forklift in shipping my car. Upon delivery, I could see the car, as it was before shipping, without any further damage. I will surely recommend your services to everyone.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I own a truck business and a few of my trucks had to be shipped 6000 miles from Arizona. Since trucks are heavy vehicles, I had to careful. I chose A1 Auto Transport for my shipment because of the good customer reviews. The employees answered all my questions and the shipment was very smooth. I will always and forever use their service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A-1 Auto Transport?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I got smoother and hassle free shipping experience from A – 1 Auto Transport service. The staffs looked after my vehicle, throughout the process. I highly recommend this shipment service to all of my friends and relatives.

Original review: March 31, 2020

A – 1 Auto transport delivers a perfect storage facility for all types of vehicles. This facility ensures safer protection to my car. I will surely recommend your services to everyone. Thanks a lot guys.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I got an opportunity to contact A-1 Auto Transport service for car shipment. My car got shipped in a damage free way. Thanks a lot guys. I highly recommend A1 Auto Transport services to all of my friends and relatives.

Original review: March 30, 2020

My first experience with A – 1 Auto Transport is a smoother one. The staffs are highly gentle towards customers. Thank you so much. Their services are highly recommended. I will surely recommend your services to everyone.

Original review: March 29, 2020

It was a good experience guys! A – 1 Auto Transport service offered a wonderful shipment service. We could see the staffs with better experience in packing and shipping all types of vehicles safely. I highly recommend A1 Auto Transport services to all of my friends and relatives.

A-1 Auto Transport Company Information