3.04/5
Based on 27 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an auto transporter?

35 A-1 Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I spent a great deal of time researching companies and reading reviews. I selected A-1 Auto Transport and everything went just as planned which is what you strive to achieve when having your vehicle transported. I highly recommend them!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo showed up in the exact condition it started out with before the trip from Connecticut to Colorado. Thank you A1 Auto Transport for awesome service. I had already recommended you guys to my friends.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2018

PERFECT EXPERIENCE. From start to finish this was a perfect experience. A-1 Auto Transport may have priced my auto shipping slightly higher than the competition, but I believe it is well worth your peace of mind! I highly recommend A-1 Auto Transport.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Great company and fast! The Rep was wonderful in organizing everything from our first email to the follow-up conversations! My car arrived in safe condition. I am really happy. I will be using this company again in the near future.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The actual shipper/driver was very communicative. Also, he was punctual and delivered the car on the day I wanted it to arrive. Mine was one of 6 on his enclosed truck. I highly recommend Executive and the A-1 Auto Transport Company to everyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A-1 Auto Transport?

Original review: June 1, 2018

Called in to ask the price and asked for the cheap price. I have to move large number of cars from Texas to Chicago. The guy says, "We are not for cheap prices" and hung up. I think all the 5 stars review are done by their own people. How can you treat your customers like that without asking the name or the business volume.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The carrier was able to pick up from and deliver to the exact addresses with no issue. On top of that, the delivery was the quickest I've ever had. Thanks A-1 Auto Transport. I am really happy with the service.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The best car shipping experience I've had, hands down. I had to ship 2 cars across the country, one of them is my "prized possession", so naturally, I was very anxious. But the Rep assured me of ease & stress free shipment. And they stood up to their words.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I want to Thank A-1 Auto Transport. This is the best auto shipping company with reliable, competent personnel and drivers who communicate regularly from the first request for shipping until the delivery of the car at the destination.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I contacted A-1. I spoke with a guy named Erick. That was about enough for me! This guy was rude, condescending, and acted like he was the auto transport god! I asked him if his company was an independent carrier, or a broker. He told me that anyone I spoke with "at this point" was going to be a broker. I asked, "at what point?" This is when he danced around the questions I asked, attempted to redirect me and proceeded to ask for my transport information. I received a business call in the middle of our conversation. I told him I had to take the call and I would call him back. He said, "Don't bother". I had no intention of "bothering" after his attitude and the business call interruption was quite welcome!

While I was on my business call, Erick called me back every 30 seconds, at least 8 times. Finally, I put my business call on hold and answered. Erick said, "you were quite rude and do you still need your cars moved?" I asked, "who is this?" He said, "that doesn't matter. Do you need your cars moved?" I said, "Oh, this must be Erick, you're a ** and don't call me again". Now, I don't know about this company in general, but if you call them and deal with ERICK, you will understand my complaint!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I used these guys to ship my Toyota Tundra from Los Angeles to my new home in Costa Rica, and they did a good job. Customer service was great, price was competitive although I will say not the cheapest quote I found. I would use them again and I would recommend to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Throughout the past few years, I have called upon A-1 Auto Transport for car shipping services on several occasions. I wouldn't bother to go anywhere else. Their kindness, knowledge, assistance, great service and low rates will always keep me coming back to them for shipping services. Thank you so much A-1 for being so helpful and quick to accommodate your customers!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I had a wonderful experience working with A-1 Auto Transport when I needed to ship my car cross-country. Everyone I worked with was very professional and the cost was actually less than I had budgeted for. I hope I won't have to ship another car anytime soon, but I refer them to anyone I know who needs auto transport services!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

A couple days ago I found myself in a predicament when a local company I hired to transport my son's new Dodge Charger from Tennessee to the port on the west coast in California to go to Hawaii where he’s stationed with the Navy failed to show up at my house to pick it up. Apparently, the driver who was scheduled had decided to take off for the holidays and leave customers hanging without telling anyone.

A friend who had recently had a car shipped from Tennessee to Alaska suggested that I contact A-1 Auto Transport because that’s who he used, and he said the company did a good job. Honestly, I prefer hiring local companies because I like being able to meet people in person that I do business with, but since the local company bailed on me at the last minute and I had a time frame to get the car to the port for shipment, I decided to take the referral and run with it.

When I called the number shown on the A-1 Auto Transport website, a man answered and got the information about the car that he needed to schedule a truck to pick it up. I explained to him that the car was supposed to have been picked up that morning by another company and that the driver backed out because Christmas was in two days and he decided to take off for the holiday weekend. I also explained that my son is in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii and he wanted to have his car when the new year arrived because he’ll be able to do a little personal time and enjoy some of the island during his off time in mid-January.

I was mad when I made the call, and I honestly expected the company to tell me it was too late, or they wouldn’t be able to even schedule anything until after the new year. I was surprised with the response I got. The gentleman who handled the call said the company worked to do what they could for members of the military because they are working so hard for the U.S. (Those were the exact words he said to me.) He said he would do what he could to try to make sure my son had his car on time.

He asked me if he could call me back in about 10 minutes because he needed to make a call to see what he had in the area. He promised to call me back within 10 minutes, and although I didn’t believe him, I told him that was fine. Seven minutes later, and yes, I was timing the guy because I am not a patient person, he called me back and said he had a truck with an available driver who could pick the Charger up first thing in the morning. It wasn’t the same day, but it was not weeks away and even when I’ve had expedited transport services with some of the other companies, not one has ever scheduled something for long distance for the next morning.

True to his word, the truck arrived early yesterday morning (On Christmas Eve) and it is currently traveling to the coast of California where it will be loaded onto a ship at the port and hauled to Hawaii on a container ship. I appreciate the help from A-1 Auto Transport and I can guarantee that if I ever need to ship a car again, or when the charger needs to come back to the mainland from Hawaii, I’ll be calling them again because of how fast they worked and how polite the representative was when he took my call.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

So, this site is a service that broadcasts your number out to shippers. Some will call and you can kindly decline them, but there is another one that uses a robotic system. The person who then answers with "transport" and when I kindly said "I would like to stop receiving calls from this number" -- she hung up. The number is "unknown" so I cannot simply block it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I called in to inquire about shipping a car overseas. The person seemed very impatient. I told him that the car currently in FL. He said, “I am going to ask you one more time or I am hanging up.” Well I did, before him. I will never do business with people who lack basic customer service people skills. Rude and quite disrespectful. If I may say.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

My first time working with an auto transport and it's been awful... I was told that most likely they would pick up my car within a few days and it may require longer... possibly as long as a week... Well, it's been now 12 days and no pick still in sight so I called and cancelled but in the meantime one man, Frank, was so rude to me it was unbelievable. I am very upset and will never work with them again.

Original review: May 20, 2016

I contacted A1A in March and told them I was shipping my car on or before May 24th. They gave me a quote of $475 to ship it. I had been in touch with them over the past 2 months and they assured me everything was all set. Got a call on May 19th to tell me that the shipping would be $1200!! What a ripoff this company is. I now have 4 days to find a shipper at a reasonable price.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

As anyone who's searched online for an auto transporter knows, it can be pretty overwhelming. At least that was my experience while trying to wade through the numerous brokers, carriers, and freight forwarders that all seem to have a website and offer the best price. A-1 was one of the few that seemed upfront and transparent about both what they do and what they cannot do. In the end, I decided to go with them over other established companies like DAS and Intercity. The prices were more or less the same, but I liked the professionalism of A-1. They were also the one company that was able to clearly define and explain their insurance coverage policy, which was big factor for me.

There was a minor delay due to weather (one day), but they were able to store it for me at no additional charge so it wasn't an issue. I'd use them again just based on some of the bad things I've heard about other reputable shippers. The car arrived in the same condition that it was in when I dropped it off and they were easy to communicate with and get a hold of, both of which are issues for some others in the industry.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

They stop answering the phone. Kept lying that my car was picked up from the auction. Costed me storage fees because they lied. Took money off my card before even provided a drive pick up vehicle. Had cancel credit card to kill the deposit they stole from me. Scott **. Is one names he is a **.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

I have to admit that I'm a little surprised at some of these reviews since I came on here to talk about how pleased I was with my experience. I wonder if maybe some of them are in reference to other companies with similar names, as I came across a few of those (like A1A Express, A1 Trans Inc, etc.). And believe me, I talked to them all.

Anyway, I talked to somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 diff. companies and A1 Auto Transport was in the lower half in terms of price--I've been cautioned against automatically taking the cheapest option--and I really liked how capable they were at answering my questions. Some of the others met my questions about cost and time frame with a blank silence or said they had no way of knowing. The final cost was right in the ballpark they gave me and they shipped it directly to my door in LA after I moved here from Chicago in June. Honestly, I don't really have anything bad to say about these guys and they'd be the first ones I'd call if I had to do it again (which I hope I don't).

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

After setting up an order and giving them my credit card # (to reserve me spot) I was told they would get back to me the next day to let me know the details and that my card would not be charged until I signed the order. I never heard back from them. I emailed to cancel since I couldn't leave a message through their system on Saturday because another company was able to do a sooner date, more professional, and way better communication. Totally worth the extra $50.

FRANK called me back on Monday ridiculing me for thinking they could get back to me the next day, since obviously I should know how long that process takes. I couldn't try to explain anything to him (I called back because he left a message saying that he had my credit card # on file and I needed to call him back... Threat?) because he kept interrupting me. Never had such a rude professional experience. Then, as I was talking he said "thanks for wasting our time" and HUNG UP ON me. I will be going out of my way to let people know not to use this company!

Original review: April 13, 2015

This company damaged my car when loading and unloading. They treated the problem in a unprofessional manner and refused to pay for damages lying that the damage was there when clearly the damage was caused by them. They are rude, unresponsive, and don't carry proper insurance coverage with high deductibles so they can refuse fixing their mistakes. This matter is going to the legal system for results and I would highly recommend that no one use them because they will treat you like dirt, call you a liar, and they will most definitely damage your car.

DO NOT TRUST THESE UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE WITH YOUR CAR OR TRUCK. AWFUL COMPANY, AWFUL PEOPLE, AND THE OWNER IS VERY RUDE. Complaints are also open with: Attorney General - MA, NH, CA, Department of Transportation - National, Better Business Bureau - MA, NH, CA, Federal Trade Commission - National, Yelp. And the list will continue as we make very sure this company will not rip off another customer.

Original review: April 11, 2015

I wish I would have seen all of these reviews before we decided to transport a very expensive car with this worthless company. They have ZERO communication, my husband had to track down the driver himself, only to find out that the truck never left (it had been 4 days on the truck) and it was not going to be at my house when this company "guaranteed" a certain date. When I ask for HALF of a refund of their commission the broker is telling me that nothing is guaranteed, that they did everything they could, that it's not their fault, and a whole bunch of BS. After I told them that the problem with them and their 3rd party is NOT my problem, he just keeps telling me that there's nothing they can do.

What they offered and refunded to me was insulting to say the least. I wish I had more time to write because they just did EVERYTHING wrong, all the way down to ignoring calls. Go with a reputable company that at least cares about their customers and will live up to their word. This company will never ever (not even in a fantasy land) ever get our business again.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

This was my first experience shipping a car. It was quite a nightmare. The company states on the PO, "Unlike our competitors we have absolutely no hidden costs, cancellation fees or upfront payments." They do request a credit card to hold a $100 deposit which will only be charged on finalizing the shipment. I had difficulty contacting the company regarding the shipment so I hired another company and cancelled the order with A1A. They sneakily hit my credit card for $50.00 a week after I cancelled the order.

I called and spoke to FRANK, he said the company reserved the right to charge me an administrative fee of $50.00. He refused to credit my account. He was completely rude, unprofessional and unprepared when I accused his company of Fraud. My credit card company is holding the charge, I plan to contact the Attorney General in NJ and report fraud for credit card abuse and company misrepresentation. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY. I was in touch with many companies after inquiring online about shipment rates..this was the only company that charged me and did nothing different than the other companies trying to gain my business.

Original review: March 28, 2014

I shipped my car from Florida to Oregon. They delivered the sports car later than mentioned. I get a call at the receiving yard. My car was damaged: Busted out windows, Jacked stereo and speaker, Water damage didn't find the decency to cover the rear window with something so it wouldn't rain inside, Scratches on back. Damages $4k.

They said they would cover it since it happened on their watch. Then they acted shady and wouldn't tell me anything until I'd give them a claims number. Then eventually after I was given the run around, they said to me their claims man, quit and there is nothing else they could do. That's all I got for months. I gave up and had to have my normal car insurance cover it. Scandals!!!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2011

On September 27th, I called what was listed as A1 Auto Transport on the internet at 1-800-452-2880. I spoke with Ashley to get a quote for shipping my mother’s car from Johnstown, PA 15902 to Slidell, LA 70458. I was told it would be $819.00. On October 1st, I called back and was told that Ashley no longer worked there. I checked to make sure the quote was still good. Lori told me it was and assured me that my mother’s car would be picked up before the 10th, as I told her my mother was moving and no one would be there after the 10th. The payment was made by Patricia **.

On October 9th, I called and spoke with Ashley who said Lori was fired due to problems with her stealing other worker’s clients. Ashley also told me that Lori did not pass on any information regarding the transport and that they would not be able to pick up the car as promised. She said she would get the refund in the mail as soon as possible. On December 5th, I called and spoke with Ashley. I was told the check would be mailed out that Friday and if it was not, she would call me personally to let me know. We have not received the check as of this time. On the contract number 6, it states that refund would be made within 30 days and my mother has not received payment at this time.

I called on December 19th and spoke to Brett who said to email him at **. And he assured me that my mother would get refunded. I called again today and spoke to Nicole who said that my mother is not going to get refunded and she kept hanging up on me. To make matters worse, she had to pay 1500.00 dollars to have her car shipped, as she was put in a bind at the last minute due to the unprofessional way this matter was handled. Please mail my widowed mother’s check as soon as possible as she is on a limited income and really needs this.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2011

This company called me on 01/25/11, stating that they are a legal firm and that I received a payday loan deposit of $300.00 on 10/02/10. I told this guy that I never received any payday loans from online and I never heard of the company. I told him there was no deposit in the amount of $300.00 from any company on that day for any month for that matter. These people are scammers. He asked me, "Were the last 4 digits of my SSN **?" He knew the last 4 digits of my SSN number.

He states that I need to get an attorney and I told him that I knew they were a bogus company. They have all kinds of complaints on Ripoff Report.com.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2010

My girlfriend's Honda just got towed. She has a handicap sticker on the car, parked in a handicap spot, with proper apartment pass. It was 3am. She's in the same exact spot she's parked in for 1 year. I happen to sit up and I see through my window, the tow guy taking a picture of her car. I threw on my pants and flew out the door and three flights of stairs. They saw me jumped in the tow truck and sped away.

So, I checked the car. It was parked on the line a bit, so I moved it, made sure both passes were on it, went back upstairs. About 15 minutes later, they came back, and I saw them, this time though they were half way down the street. When I got back upstairs, my girlfriend was on the phone with them. They said her safety inspection had expired. Told her it wasn't their problem, cost $125. I don't see why they drove away when they could have just told me. But instead they felt it was better to take from a handicap person. I wish there was something I/we could do. I've seen them pull 11 cars out of here in one hour.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2010

I received a call in July of 2009 from American Servicing Company (ASC) asking me if I wanted to be enrolled in a loan/mortgage modification. The caller promised me that I will be paying $300.00 less every month until I hear from the bank about my modification status. It sounded good at the time. Who doesn't want to pay that much less every month? So, I registered for loan modification and the process, I was promised, would take about 3 - 6 months. I was also promised that the bank will not ask me a lump sum of the $300.00/month difference if I am denied at the end of the grace period (the first three months). I have called the bank every 2 weeks after the first three months and inquired the status of my modification process. I was told the modification department is working on it and that the department has thousands of application, but they will get back to me soon.

In the meantime, I was told to keep paying the modified monthly payment which I did. A year later, I received a letter that I was denied for loan modification and I owed the bank close to $6000.00. If I don't pay this $6000 plus any late fee they slap on top, I was set to lose my house. During this year long process, I was asked to send pay stubs, hardship letters, and basically, any document they asked was sent to them, followed by a phone call to make sure they have everything they asked. I even talked to Wells Fargo Bank about my status, and they (Wells Fargo) couldn't believe what was happening to me. However, WF couldn't help me because my loan holder was still ASC.

To make the story short, I had to pay ASC about $7000.00 in October 2010 to be current on my mortgage. During this long year period, ASC ruined my credit which I have worked so hard to keep clean. If I had a choice of choosing a mortgage company, ASC will definitely not be on my list of choices. They play around with people's life, lie to people, give you the run-around when you call them, etc. How can people like me bring charges to ASC?

Not sure about A-1 Auto Transport?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Auto Transporters for you.

A-1 Auto Transport Company Information

www.a1autotransport.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business