3.33/5
Based on 39 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for an auto transporter?

47 A-1 Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Scammers. I signed a document with the price of $1000 due at pickup. A-1 Auto Transport sent the driver a document saying I would pay the driver $1350. Unfortunately I was forced to pay the money to the driver. Monica from A-1 will not return phone calls.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

The rep who contacted me was unbelievable. Her responses to my many questions was prompt and complete. Once the contract was signed, the pickup was on the next day. The car arrived in just 2 days (from Florida to California), which was well ahead of schedule. It arrived in excellent shape as well.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The Rep followed up with me every step of the way. They even came to my house to pick up my car and dropped it off at my new location days in advance! I am highly impressed by their exquisite service.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

After giving me a price and sending 'contract', they took my credit card info and as the 'contract' stated I would not be charged the deposit until a carrier was secured for pickup. Well, they charged my card right away and I never heard from them again. Repeated calls got me a different person a few times who said 'my car was scheduled to be picked up tomorrow,' guy takes the day off work to wait for them... Nothing. No email confirmations, no contact with the person who has the car, no answered emails. After a dozen emails to them asking what's going on and 2 weeks going by, I think they blocked my mails as they are now being returned. How hard is it to just be honest? More calls, unanswered. I had to go rent a trailer and pick the car up myself. Worst company ever, do not waste your time or money.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Car was picked up early and arrived on time. The transporter was polite and notified me when the driver left with my vehicle. And again, the driver was communicative and kept me informed. My vehicle arrived in great condition. Highly recommended.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A-1 Auto Transport?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

From the first contact on, their representative was helpful, knowledgeable, informative and friendly. The driver was also communicative and kept us informed. My car arrived in great condition. I Recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Everyone was very professional, from the person who took my order, to the driver. Delivered my car from Wisconsin to Iowa, in great condition. They were also very reasonably priced. I highly recommend them!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Having never done so before, I was nervous about working with an auto shipping company. But A-1 Auto Transport was very easy to deal with. I think they are top notch! I have already recommended them to my friends in need.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

After pouring through websites, reviews and recommendations, I selected A-1 Auto Transport to move my car from Wisconsin to the Phoenix area. They didn't disappoint me. My car was transported within days and in one piece condition.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

This was my first time using A-1 Auto Transport. The representative was patient in answering all my questions about the process and the contract. I used both email and the phone to stay in touch and the response time was great. My antique car arrived in neat condition. I am really happy.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I called to get a quote on how much it would be to tow an RV for me, and the guy who originally answered the phone handed me off to someone else who made comments such as "Is it girthy?" And "I have a guy that will do it and but he only will do it if it's veiny". And then hung up on me. By far the worst customer service I have ever seen.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I strongly recommend A1 Auto Transport. When I was contacting shipping companies, I was totally unfamiliar with the industry. I had many questions. The Rep answered all my questions and the car was shipped in neat condition.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I spent a great deal of time researching companies and reading reviews. I selected A-1 Auto Transport and everything went just as planned which is what you strive to achieve when having your vehicle transported. I highly recommend them!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo showed up in the exact condition it started out with before the trip from Connecticut to Colorado. Thank you A1 Auto Transport for awesome service. I had already recommended you guys to my friends.

Original review: July 28, 2018

PERFECT EXPERIENCE. From start to finish this was a perfect experience. A-1 Auto Transport may have priced my auto shipping slightly higher than the competition, but I believe it is well worth your peace of mind! I highly recommend A-1 Auto Transport.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Great company and fast! The Rep was wonderful in organizing everything from our first email to the follow-up conversations! My car arrived in safe condition. I am really happy. I will be using this company again in the near future.

Original review: June 6, 2018

The actual shipper/driver was very communicative. Also, he was punctual and delivered the car on the day I wanted it to arrive. Mine was one of 6 on his enclosed truck. I highly recommend Executive and the A-1 Auto Transport Company to everyone.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Called in to ask the price and asked for the cheap price. I have to move large number of cars from Texas to Chicago. The guy says, "We are not for cheap prices" and hung up. I think all the 5 stars review are done by their own people. How can you treat your customers like that without asking the name or the business volume.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The carrier was able to pick up from and deliver to the exact addresses with no issue. On top of that, the delivery was the quickest I've ever had. Thanks A-1 Auto Transport. I am really happy with the service.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The best car shipping experience I've had, hands down. I had to ship 2 cars across the country, one of them is my "prized possession", so naturally, I was very anxious. But the Rep assured me of ease & stress free shipment. And they stood up to their words.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I want to Thank A-1 Auto Transport. This is the best auto shipping company with reliable, competent personnel and drivers who communicate regularly from the first request for shipping until the delivery of the car at the destination.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I contacted A-1. I spoke with a guy named Erick. That was about enough for me! This guy was rude, condescending, and acted like he was the auto transport god! I asked him if his company was an independent carrier, or a broker. He told me that anyone I spoke with "at this point" was going to be a broker. I asked, "at what point?" This is when he danced around the questions I asked, attempted to redirect me and proceeded to ask for my transport information. I received a business call in the middle of our conversation. I told him I had to take the call and I would call him back. He said, "Don't bother". I had no intention of "bothering" after his attitude and the business call interruption was quite welcome!

While I was on my business call, Erick called me back every 30 seconds, at least 8 times. Finally, I put my business call on hold and answered. Erick said, "you were quite rude and do you still need your cars moved?" I asked, "who is this?" He said, "that doesn't matter. Do you need your cars moved?" I said, "Oh, this must be Erick, you're a ** and don't call me again". Now, I don't know about this company in general, but if you call them and deal with ERICK, you will understand my complaint!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I used these guys to ship my Toyota Tundra from Los Angeles to my new home in Costa Rica, and they did a good job. Customer service was great, price was competitive although I will say not the cheapest quote I found. I would use them again and I would recommend to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Throughout the past few years, I have called upon A-1 Auto Transport for car shipping services on several occasions. I wouldn't bother to go anywhere else. Their kindness, knowledge, assistance, great service and low rates will always keep me coming back to them for shipping services. Thank you so much A-1 for being so helpful and quick to accommodate your customers!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I had a wonderful experience working with A-1 Auto Transport when I needed to ship my car cross-country. Everyone I worked with was very professional and the cost was actually less than I had budgeted for. I hope I won't have to ship another car anytime soon, but I refer them to anyone I know who needs auto transport services!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

A couple days ago I found myself in a predicament when a local company I hired to transport my son's new Dodge Charger from Tennessee to the port on the west coast in California to go to Hawaii where he’s stationed with the Navy failed to show up at my house to pick it up. Apparently, the driver who was scheduled had decided to take off for the holidays and leave customers hanging without telling anyone.

A friend who had recently had a car shipped from Tennessee to Alaska suggested that I contact A-1 Auto Transport because that’s who he used, and he said the company did a good job. Honestly, I prefer hiring local companies because I like being able to meet people in person that I do business with, but since the local company bailed on me at the last minute and I had a time frame to get the car to the port for shipment, I decided to take the referral and run with it.

When I called the number shown on the A-1 Auto Transport website, a man answered and got the information about the car that he needed to schedule a truck to pick it up. I explained to him that the car was supposed to have been picked up that morning by another company and that the driver backed out because Christmas was in two days and he decided to take off for the holiday weekend. I also explained that my son is in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii and he wanted to have his car when the new year arrived because he’ll be able to do a little personal time and enjoy some of the island during his off time in mid-January.

I was mad when I made the call, and I honestly expected the company to tell me it was too late, or they wouldn’t be able to even schedule anything until after the new year. I was surprised with the response I got. The gentleman who handled the call said the company worked to do what they could for members of the military because they are working so hard for the U.S. (Those were the exact words he said to me.) He said he would do what he could to try to make sure my son had his car on time.

He asked me if he could call me back in about 10 minutes because he needed to make a call to see what he had in the area. He promised to call me back within 10 minutes, and although I didn’t believe him, I told him that was fine. Seven minutes later, and yes, I was timing the guy because I am not a patient person, he called me back and said he had a truck with an available driver who could pick the Charger up first thing in the morning. It wasn’t the same day, but it was not weeks away and even when I’ve had expedited transport services with some of the other companies, not one has ever scheduled something for long distance for the next morning.

True to his word, the truck arrived early yesterday morning (On Christmas Eve) and it is currently traveling to the coast of California where it will be loaded onto a ship at the port and hauled to Hawaii on a container ship. I appreciate the help from A-1 Auto Transport and I can guarantee that if I ever need to ship a car again, or when the charger needs to come back to the mainland from Hawaii, I’ll be calling them again because of how fast they worked and how polite the representative was when he took my call.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

So, this site is a service that broadcasts your number out to shippers. Some will call and you can kindly decline them, but there is another one that uses a robotic system. The person who then answers with "transport" and when I kindly said "I would like to stop receiving calls from this number" -- she hung up. The number is "unknown" so I cannot simply block it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I called in to inquire about shipping a car overseas. The person seemed very impatient. I told him that the car currently in FL. He said, “I am going to ask you one more time or I am hanging up.” Well I did, before him. I will never do business with people who lack basic customer service people skills. Rude and quite disrespectful. If I may say.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

My first time working with an auto transport and it's been awful... I was told that most likely they would pick up my car within a few days and it may require longer... possibly as long as a week... Well, it's been now 12 days and no pick still in sight so I called and cancelled but in the meantime one man, Frank, was so rude to me it was unbelievable. I am very upset and will never work with them again.

Original review: May 20, 2016

I contacted A1A in March and told them I was shipping my car on or before May 24th. They gave me a quote of $475 to ship it. I had been in touch with them over the past 2 months and they assured me everything was all set. Got a call on May 19th to tell me that the shipping would be $1200!! What a ripoff this company is. I now have 4 days to find a shipper at a reasonable price.

A-1 Auto Transport Company Information