Find the Best Assisted Living in Fort Worth, TX
Top 8 Fort Worth Assisted Living Facilities
|Atria Senior Living||Read 17 Reviews|
210+ senior living communities specializing in assisted living, memory care, independent living and short-term stays in 26 states. Family resources include an affordability calculator, veteran benefits and web pay capabilities.
|Bethesda Gardens||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, respite care and hospice services in Fort Worth. Provides personalized health care plans and a schedule of activities. Allows residents to keep pets in their living spaces.
|Bridgemoor Transitional Care||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, respite and transitional care. Provides dining service, 24-hour staffing, housekeeping and on-site entertainment. Operates facilities in Fort Worth, Round Rock, San Antonio and Webster.
|Christian Care Communities and Services||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, independent living and enhanced care at its location in Fort Worth. Provides housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, daily meals, scheduled transportation and medical care.
|Discovery Village at Alliance Town Center||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care and independent living in Fort Worth. Provides medication management, 24-hour staffing and personalized care plans. Allows residents to keep their pets on the property.
|Heartis Mid Cities||Read Author Review|
Offers independent living, assisted living and memory care services at its facility in Bedford. Provides daily meals, medication assistance and a schedule of on-site and off-site activities.
|Mirabella||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care in Fort Worth. Provides on-site dining service, pet therapy programs and a schedule of activities. Allows residents to keep their pets on-site.
|The Vantage at Cityview||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living and memory care services in Fort Worth. Provides educational and entertaining events, dining service and medical care.
Drawbacks and benefits of assisted living in Fort Worth
Fort Worth is a good place to retire for those who love Texas weather and city living. However, it’s a good idea to evaluate whether the area is right for you or your loved one before choosing an assisted living facility in town.
Here are a few potential advantages and disadvantages to living in a Fort Worth assisted living facility:
- Weather: Usual temperatures in Fort Worth range from 37 degrees in the winter to 97 degrees in the summer. With chilly winters and hot summers, residents get to experience the full range of traditional seasons. Extreme weather is somewhat rare, but Fort Worth has experienced severe heat and tornadoes.
- Regulations: Assisted living facilities in Fort Worth are regulated and licensed by Texas Health and Human Services, which provides requirements for resident care.
- Health care: There are many top quality hospitals in the Fort Worth area that serve older Texans. These include Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center, Texas Rehabilitation Hospital, Medical City Fort Worth and Texas Health Fort Worth.
- Taxes: Tax-wise, Texas is a great location for retirees. There is no income tax in the state, meaning pension income, Social Security benefits, retirement account income and other types of income are not subject to state taxes.
- Crime: Crime in Fort Worth is slightly higher than the national median at the time of publishing, according to NeighborhoodScout. The city has about 28.56 property crimes annually per 1,000 residents, as opposed to the national median of 24. The national median violent crime rate is 4 per 1,000 residents; in Fort Worth, it is 5.01 per 1,000 people.
- Public transportation: The Trinity Metro, Fort Worth’s public transit system, has wheelchair-accessible buses and trains. It also offers discounted fares for people 65 and older, Medicare cardholders, and people with disabilities.
How much does assisted living cost in Fort Worth?
In Fort Worth, the cost of assisted living ranges from $2,000 to $7,200 per month. Just be aware that the price of assisted living usually increases when you or your loved one:
- Choose a more upscale facility
- Want more amenities
- Require more extensive care
Typically, the monthly fees you pay includes room and board, access to on-site facilities and amenities, and a certain level of medical care. However, the exact cost of assisted living is often determined by the facility after an evaluation of your or your loved one’s needs.
Texas’ Medicaid programs can help cover some assisted living costs. The state offers three Medicaid waiver programs for people aged 65 and older, including STAR+PLUS, the Texas Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) program and the TxHmL program. Contact a Medicaid official for more information.
If cost is a concern, reach out to a representative at each facility you’re considering and ask for information about any discounts or financial assistance available. It’s better to negotiate now before you or your loved one moves in.
Fort Worth assisted living FAQ
- How much does assisted living cost for a couple in Fort Worth?
- Prices for assisted living vary between facilities, but they often run anywhere from $2,000 to $7,200 per month for individuals. However, when two people live together, they generally pay jointly for room and board with added fees for the care each person needs, depending on each facility’s pricing model. It’s a good idea to ask different communities about this directly.
- What qualifies you for assisted living in Fort Worth?
- Anyone in Fort Worth who is 65 or older and needs moderate assistance with daily tasks can likely benefit from residing in an assisted living facility. Residents typically do not need specialized, 24/7 medical attention; instead, many can live self-sufficiently most of the time and only need help when performing certain everyday chores or in case of an emergency.
- What Fort Worth regulations protect older adults in assisted living facilities?
- All assisted living facilities in the state are regulated by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. To be licensed by the HHSC, all facilities must meet a set of standards, which includes creating a service plan for each resident, having a large enough facility and hiring qualified staff.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Fort Worth assisted living community information
Christian Care Communities and Services caters to older people who feel daily life at home has become unmanageable and require assisted living care. All its residences are private, and it provides housekeeping and maintenance services. This community focuses on encouraging residents to enjoy life to the fullest by providing help when they need it. Christian Care Communities and Services helps older adults in Fort Worth, Allen and Mesquite.
- Located in: Fort Worth, Allen and Mesquite
- Address: 5100 Randol Mill Road, Fort Worth, TX 76112
- Phone: (817) 451-8001
- Website: christiancarecenters.org
The Vantage at Cityview provides independent living, assisted living and dementia care in Fort Worth. Residents can enjoy a full schedule of activities, excursions to the city and as-needed health care. The facility has an emergency call system and 24/7 staff available, as well. Visit The Vantage at Cityview’s website for a cost calculator. Its parent company, The Arbor Company, also has two other facilities and Texas and more across ten other states.
- Located in: Fort Worth
- Address: 6301 Overton Ridge Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76132
- Phone: (817) 835-9525
- Website: arborcompany.com
Residents of Discovery Village at Alliance Town Center choose between supervised independent living, assisted living and memory care. Its assisted living program provides personal care assistance, medication management, a 24-hour health and wellness team, and an on-site Medicare-certified home health agency. The community is pet-friendly and features an outdoor swimming pool, a movie theater, a beauty salon and a library. There are other Discovery Village locations nearby in Allen, Lewisville and Southlake, and even more of its facilities are scattered throughout Texas and select states.
- Located in: Fort Worth
- Address: 3401 Amador Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76177
- Phone: (682) 204-2049
- Website: discoveryvillages.com
In addition to assisted living, Bethesda Gardens also offers memory care, respite care and hospice care. The facility provides faith-based service in a homey atmosphere, and the residents are supervised by licensed nurses. The community is pet-friendly, and there is a wide range of social and enrichment activities that residents can take part in. Bethesda Senior Living, this community’s parent company, also operates facilities in Arlington, Frisco and select states.
- Located in: Fort Worth
- Address: 5417 Altamesa Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76123
- Phone: (866) 757-3897
- Website: bethesdagardensftworth.com
Heartis Mid Cities offers independent living, assisted living and memory care services to older adults in Bedford. Assisted living residents receive help with meals, daily activities and taking medications so they can focus the rest of their energy on living their lives to the fullest. There is a theater, a salon, a spa, a library, a fitness center and a technology center all within the facility. Heartis, this facility’s parent company, also has locations in Arlington and throughout Texas and select states.
- Located in: Bedford
- Address: 2308 Highway 121, Bedford, TX 76021
- Phone: (817) 571-0000
- Website: heartis.com
Mirabella offers assisted living and memory care. Residents often enjoy its restaurant-style dining experience suited to their unique nutritional needs. The community is pet-friendly, and it offers pet therapy programs, too. There is a dedicated nursing staff, an emergency call system and plenty of activities to fill your or your loved one’s time. Sagora Senior Living, its parent company, also has locations in Cleburne, Carrollton, Granbury, Colleyville, Burleson and Murphy. Additional facilities are available throughout Texas and four other states.
- Located in: Fort Worth
- Address: 4242 Bryant Irvin Road, Fort Worth, TX 76109
- Phone: (817) 763-0088
- Website: sagora.com/mirabella
Bridgemoor Transitional Care provides assisted living, respite care and transitional care to older adults in Fort Worth. With apartments, chef-prepared meals and cable service, residents often feel right at home in this community. There is a skilled staff on hand 24-hours a day, and housekeeping is available. Bridgemoor Transitional Care also has a movie theater, a salon and a café on the premises. Alternative locations exist in Round Rock, San Antonio and Webster.
- Located in: Fort Worth
- Address: 6301 Oakmont Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76132
- Phone: (682) 250-4055
- Website: bridgemoorcare.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.