Find the Best Assisted Living in Austin, TX
Top 8 Austin Assisted Living Facilities
|Accession Estates||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living in a small, neighborhood home in Austin. Located near restaurants, shops, banks, pharmacies, hospitals and movie theaters. Services include 24-hour care and daily meals.
|Parmer Woods at North Austin||Read Author Review|
Offers memory care and assisted living in North Austin. Services include medication management, 24-hour staffing and medical support from a licensed nurse. Three related facilities in Texas and more in select states.
|Tech Ridge Oaks||Read Author Review|
Offers memory care and assisted living with personalized care for each resident. Encourages residents to explore their passions for entertainment and learning. Related facilities throughout Texas and select states.
|The Enclave at Round Rock Senior Living||Read Author Review|
Offers independent and assisted living in Round Rock. Provides a monthly calendar of activities and fitness and wellness programs for residents.
|The Legacy at Crystal Falls||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care in Leander. Facility includes a fitness center, a putting green, a game room and other social spaces. Provides housekeeping, wellness programs and private rooms.
|The Watermark at Southpark Meadows||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care and short-term respite care in Austin. Provides personalized care, classes, and local excursions and events. Located near hospitals, dining areas, shops and other attractions.
|Village on the Park Onion Creek||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and independent living in Austin. Includes a fitness center, a butterfly garden, a library and walking paths. Located near Ascension Seton.
|Wells Point Lodge||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living in Pflugerville. Provides studio or one-bedroom apartments, daily meals, a 24-hour staff, a calendar of activities, guest ministries, and an on-site salon and spa.
What to know about assisted living in Austin
According to the Census, Austin isn’t a terribly popular destination for older adults, who make up only 8.7% of its population at the time of publishing. However, Austin still has more than 30 assisted living facilities.
These facilities are all regulated by Texas Health and Human Services, which works to ensure the safety and comfortability of their residents. Regardless, not all assisted living facilities in Austin are equal. It’s worth doing your own research before choosing a new home for yourself or your loved one.
Things to consider about living in Austin include:
- Texas’ taxes: In Texas, retirees are not required to pay personal or corporate income taxes, and retirement income isn’t taxed at all by the state, which means that money can go a bit farther in Austin than in some other retirement destinations.
- Austin’s transit system: Austin not only has an excellent public transportation system, but it also has a Senior Transportation program from the Parks and Recreation Department. This transportation costs between $0 and $6, depending on where you’re traveling.
- Austin’s medical facilities: Austin has excellent hospital systems, including St. David’s Medical Center, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and St. David’s North Austin Medical Center. St. David’s is known for nephrology, and Ascension is known for colon cancer surgery and treating heart failure.
- Austin’s weather: If you like warmer weather, Austin might be a great place for you. Austin doesn’t see much, if any, snow, but its summers are often long and hot, which can be hard for some older adults. The city regularly faces tornadoes and thunderstorms, as well.
How much does assisted living cost in Austin?
In Austin, the average cost of assisted living is between $4,150 and $6,000 per month. Some communities allow you to create your own pricing package with a la carte options, like medication reminders and daily activities, while others charge a flat price.
If you or your loved one needs relatively more care, a flat fee might be a better option. If you choose a luxury facility with more amenities, like gyms or pools, expect your assisted living cost to be much higher, though.
To keep costs low, talk to a representative at each facility about your options. Most communities are willing to adjust services to fit your budget.
Austin assisted living FAQ
- Are assisted living facilities regulated in Texas?
- Yes. Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) regulates assisted living facilities in the state, including requiring certain types of meal preparation, safety measures and personnel certifications. You can find a list of assisted living requirements on its website.
- How do assisted living facilities work in Austin?
- Austin assisted living facilities work the same as in pretty much any other city. Older adults (usually age 65 or older) choose to live in a facility when they need more help with daily activities or their mobility worsens. In return, residents are charged a monthly fee that covers everything from utilities to meals.
- What is the difference between independent and assisted living?
- Independent living facilities are a form of retirement community where residents are safely able to live on their own, with only occasional assistance necessary. Assisted living, on the other hand, is designed for older adults who need more help on a daily basis with tasks like bathing, eating or walking.
- What organizations support and protect older adults in Austin?
A few organizations that help older adults in Austin include:
- AGE of Central Texas offers adult day health care, early memory loss support, caregiver resources, computer classes for older adults and lent health equipment.
- Age-friendly Austin is a city government-run program that works to make Austin more friendly to older adults through factors that impact the city’s livability, like inclusion, transportation and health services.
- City of Austin Commission on Seniors helps ensure that older adults in Austin are productive, independent and healthy through programming, city practices and policies.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Austin assisted living community information
The Watermark at Southpark Meadows is a retirement community offering assisted living, memory care and short-term stays in Austin. The community offers classes, local events and personalized care that is customized to each resident’s preferences and needs. This facility is conveniently located near entertainment and major hospitals, but its parent company, Watermark Retirement Communities, also has other facilities in Texas and select states.
- Located in: Austin
- Address: 9320 Alice Mae Lane, Austin, TX 78748
- Phone: (512) 222-3224
- Website: southparkmeadows.watermarkcommunities.com
The Enclave at Round Rock Senior Living provides independent and assisted living facilities in Round Rock. Self-described as a little country and a little metro, the facility offers a wide range of entertainment options. Amenities include a pool, theater, fitness center and bar. Spectrum Retirement, this facility’s parent company, also has locations in Lakeway, Cedar Park and select states.
- Located in: Round Rock
- Address: 2351 Oakmont Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665
- Phone: (737) 255-9153
- Website: spectrumretirement.com
The Legacy at Crystal Falls is a memory care and assisted living community. Its team, which it claims is 21% bigger than the industry average, specializes in personalized, hands-on care for all residents. Residents receive personal fall detection technology and fitness tracking. Amenities include a putting green, a game room and exercise equipment.
- Located in: Leander
- Address: 1841 Crystal Falls Parkway, Leander, TX 78641
- Phone: (512) 518-5447
- Website: legacyatcrystalfalls.com
Village on the Park Onion Creek offers a country-club style community for independent and assisted living residents. The nine-acre gated community includes walking paths, a monarch butterfly garden, a fitness center, a library and a sunroom. Village on the Park Onion Creek is also conveniently located less than five miles from a nearby hospital, Ascension Seton. Its parent company, Retirement Center Management, operates another facility in Austin and more throughout Texas and select states.
- Located in: Austin
- Address: 11300 Farrah Lane, Austin, TX 78748
- Phone: (512) 813-1773
- Website: rcmseniorliving.com
Wells Point Lodge is a family-owned and -operated assisted living community in Pflugerville, specializing in luxury amenities. These amenities include guest ministries and devotionals, an on-site salon and spa, and a shaded courtyard. Wells Point Lodge was previously known as Heatherwilde Assisted Living.
- Located in: Pflugerville
- Address: 401 S. Heatherwilde Blvd., Pflugerville, TX 78660
- Phone: (512) 251-1640
- Website: wellspointlodge.com
Parmer Woods at North Austin provides assisted living and memory care in Texas, including 24/7 support, licensed nurses on staff every day and medication management. Its amenities, centered around the unofficial city motto of “Keep Austin Weird,” include farm-to-table meals, crafts rooms and even an on-site brewery. Its parent company, Pegasus Senior Living, operates 36 other retirement communities across select states.
- Located in: Austin
- Address: 12429 Scofield Farms Drive, Austin, TX 78758
- Phone: (512) 862-9759
- Website: pegasusseniorliving.com
Tech Ridge Oaks is an assisted living and memory care facility offering personalized care and support. Its unique Passion Program allows residents to explore their passions, like crafts, food or wellness, in a way that’s personal to them. With multiple activity rooms, outdoor garden areas and pet-friendly living spaces, this community can accommodate a variety of interests. Civitas Senior Living, Tech Ridge Oaks’ parent company, also has facilities in Buda, Cedar Park, Cibolo, Dripping Springs, Kyle, New Braunfels, Round Rock, Wimberley and select states.
- Located in: Austin
- Address: 400 E. Yager Lane, Austin TX 78753
- Phone: (512) 233-6868
- Website: civitasseniorliving.com
Accession Estates offers assisted living homes that allow for more independence than other facilities. Some older people prefer the home-like setting of this community, and it still offers the same level of care and support as many other facilities. Accession Estates offers daily meals, entertainment and health services.
- Located in: Austin
- Address: 10301 English Oak Drive, Austin, TX 78748
- Phone: (512) 775-4842
- Website: accessionestatesalh.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.