Based on 110 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Caribbean Chain

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 11, 2018

152 Sandals Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 11, 2018

We arrived February 21st. We paid extra money to be met at the airport. No one met us and we had to call the hotel to find out why. The lady from club Mobay took an incident report and said that Sandals had not provided the correct itinerary. We were never given a refund for the service we paid for. The Sandals Inn is very run down and not at all like the pictures. The room decor is from 1965 and the curtains had holes in them. The A/C unit dripped on our heads. ** was sucked into our room on a nightly basis. This hotel walks right out onto a public street. The beach is not private and runs about 15 feet. If you attempted to cross the street you were immediately approached by locals to purchase ** or be hustled. We walked about 100 feet before booking it back to the hotel.

Another incident (there's a security woman at the door at all times). We were on property, waiting for a shuttle to go to one of their nicer hotels for the day and a homeless man walked on the property right next to us. I hid behind my fiancé. He then pulled out of his pillowcase people's old Sandals paperwork and started looking at it. He then proceeded to pull out his junk and pee in front of all the guests waiting for the shuttle. This was the last straw and we complained. The manager on duty said she would make some phone calls and try to get us moved to another location.

She came to us at dinner that night and told us that we could transfer to Sandals South Coast and pay $301 for the remaining 4 days. That they would pay to transport us on Sunday. We said that was great. When my fiancé went to the desk on Friday to make sure our Transport would be ready. He was told, "Oh, we heard about you guys." Then we were told there was some error and that they had known the entire day that South Coast would only take us as $301 a night. We asked why we weren't informed right away and couldn't get an answer. We then got irate and demanded to speak with the GM **. ** could not explain where the other manager got her prices. He finally found us a room in Ochi for $328. They got us a private bus and sent us to Ochi.

We were on the 4th floor and had no water pressure and no hot water most of the stay and we're told they were working on it and that we should write a letter to Sandals and we would get 2 free comped nights. The second evening, we discovered the hard way that we no longer have room service and my fiancé ended up eating 2 apples from the lobby for his dinner because he couldn't wait until 10:30 pm for dinner. There was an incident with a hateful bartender on the 2nd day and my fiancé had words with him. I also attempted to use the restroom by Neptune's and discovered they were all full of toilet paper and bloody paper and wouldn't flush. I did alert the staff nearby.

At this point we haven't received our 2 free comped days as ** said. No refund for not being met at the airport. Before we arrived the Sandals customer service also told me that our military discount had not been applied to our room and that we were due a refund of approximately $300. Have never received that refund either. We also made the error of putting a $250 deposit on another vacation with them, but are now thinking we don't want another experience like this.

Based on all these experiences Sandals should give us 4 complimentary nights and a $300 refund for our military discount. We would also like our $250 deposit back if they aren't going to allow us the comped nights on the next trip.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Sandals, Negril 2/4/18-2/11/18 for the first time and that will be the Last! "True 5 Star All-Inclusive" we would rate as 1 Star! We chose Sandals because for the first time we took a vacation alone without our kids and we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary so we wanted it to be very special and something that we have never experienced before. (We have been in many all-inclusive resorts around the Caribbean.) When we got to the place we were in shock. The place is dated, the room smelled like musty mold, and the rug was sooo dirty it felt like we were staying in some kind of cheap Motel 6. That was just the beginning of our disappointments. We were informed that we don't have Room Service. WHAT? We had no robes/slippers provided. When we asked about it they told us only members of Sandals gets it. WHAT?

You have to basically beg for anything you need like body wash, body lotion, and extra towels."TRUE 5 STAR!" REALLY! Water bottles available only in the room or front desk. Beach chairs were always unavailable unless you're waking up at 6:30 am to put your personal stuff on them or pay the beach security guy the night before. The world class chefs that they promised in the commercials you'll never get to taste that food. The food at best is 3 stars! If you're looking for a friendly and happy staff you're definitely in a wrong place.

For the money they charge you would expect what you see on the commercials ultra exclusive and luxurious experience BUT what you find is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! Don't waste your money on Sandals. There are many all-inclusive luxurious resorts out there that we will be going back to again and again. We are NEVER coming back to Sandals again! The place is a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!! New City, New York. Location 3 stars. Rooms 1 star. Service 1 star.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We stayed at Sandals Bahamas 1-26-18 through 2-3-18. At first it was so refreshing to be anywhere other than snow! However, it was fairly cool the week we stayed with a few cloudy days and windy. Probably high 60s or low 70s. Since it was a bit cooler it would have been nice to have the pool heated. No one used it! Even on the warmer days very few people used it. My husband went in the ocean by the dock and it smelled like sewage! On the last day there we let the bellman take our luggage down early. BIG MISTAKE! When we got home all of my jewelry was gone!

Emailed the manager and after a few emails back and forth they shut me down by saying, "I talked with Paul, the bellman, and he denies any tampering with your luggage". Seriously... like he's going to own up to it! We are 100% sure this happened in the 1 hour the bellman had our luggage. Don't go to this resort. If you do, keep your luggage in sight at all times! The manager of this resort doesn't care about you or your experience. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My boyfriend and I were traveling to Sandals Resorts last September for a short Bahamian getaway. We were also traveling to another resort on Nassau for the second half of our trip. Unfortunately, Hurricane Irma disrupted our arriving flights (postponed by a day and then cancelled) and outright cancelled our return flights completely. The Island was evacuated during this hurricane.

Sandals Resorts was absolutely horrific to deal with and not only refused to refund our money (while the other resort refunded our money quite easily) they would not provide us the necessary documentation to receive compensation from travel insurance provided on my credit card! First, Sandals offered to delay the trip by a week until after the hurricane passed. This is not how vacations work, however, and as I couldn't take off a second week from work, this did not work as a solution. After politely explaining this, Sandals simply said that there was nothing else they could do.

In order to receive compensation from my credit card company, I needed to have a letter from Sandals, on their letterhead, saying that I wasn't able to stay at their resort because of the hurricane and confirm that they wouldn't reimburse me (this record is important for the credit card claim so people do not get compensated twice for a travel disruption). It took MULTIPLE emails to get Sandals to finally respond to this request and they wrote "This is to confirm that ** did not check in. This was due to Hurricane Irma. We did offer them credits and hope to be able to serve them soon."

The credit card claim cannot be filed if there are outstanding credits so I wrote back asking for a revised letter with the expiration date on the credits. Again, after multiple days (perhaps weeks) and reminder emails, they wrote back that the credits expire after a year. This was NOT what they communicated to me initially; they said that we could shift our trip by one week. With the expiration date of a year, I would need to wait until the credits expired to receive compensation from my travel insurance through my credit card company. They suggested I ask Sandals to provide me a letter indicating that I had forfeited the credits. I wrote back to Sandals and after weeks, I received an email stating that they could not fulfill this request. I explained that I was not asking for compensation from them but just to forfeit my credits so I could avail myself of the travel insurance but they said that they still could not.

After months of emailing and calling, I finally was put in contact with a kind soul who let me know that despite the fact that they wrote the letter regarding the credits, there was no record of the credits in their system. He gave me an email to reach out to and I ultimately was able to get an email saying that my trip was cancelled so I could provide this to my credit card. This ordeal took six months and dozens of emails and calls. I always explained the situation respectfully and politely, often in tears, stating clearly that I was not asking Sandals for compensation, but that I only wanted them to provide a simple letter so I could receive my travel insurance coverage.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I was a guest at Sandals Bahamas. I had just put my towel and personal belongings on a chaise and was walking around the pool. I turned around and noticed a man and a woman sitting in my chaises. I walked back around and asked nicely if they could move that these were my chairs. This occurred on 2/1/2018. The man first 2 words out of his mouth were, "You **. Get the ** out of here. I am going to throw you in the pool you **." If he said ** 1 time he said it 30 times; then the woman chimed in cursing and making fun of my physical appearance. I weigh 100 lbs and I am 5'3" tall. (I am a disabled handicapped person.) The man said "oh you must be an American" (although he had no accent I thought he was also an American).

This went on a couple of minutes so I reached in to get my towel and the woman PUNCHED me in the arm. Then I went and got security Officer ** witnessed their language and behavior. Security officer ** explained they were my chaise. That is the policy. If there is a towel then it is reserved. Then the man said they would leave. I was standing 3' away from him with my arm holding the umbrella and next to the Security Officer ** and the man 6'1" tall 200 lbs stood up and BODY CHECKED ME. I fell over a chaise on to the ground. The Security Officer said, "Now that is ASSAULT". There were 2 people I do not know that witnessed the incident and the man tried to help me and they verbally attacked him.

Finally the man & woman leave. The police come and file a report for Criminal Assault on 2/2/18. The man was arrested and released. The onsite GM and MGR NEVER came to me and asked if I was ok. The man and woman that ASSAULTED ME were allowed to stay at the resort. They were not asked to leave in spite of the assault. I have made several calls to the resort to the GM GARY ** AND AS OF THIS WRITING 2/5/18 HAS NOT CALLED ME BACK. Gary ** will not allow the Director of Security Prince ** to release the statements of the independent witnesses (the **), The Security OFFICER ** or the names of the Man & Woman that assaulted me.

I cannot believe they were allowed to stay on property with no ramifications of their PHYSICAL AND VERBAL ASSAULT ON ME (A DISABLED WOMAN) AND to date no contact from Sandals to see how I am. This is disgusting and disgraceful to see a guest assaulted and do nothing. Gary ** the general manager is a disgrace. He has ignored several calls and my husband's in person request for the statements. Our friends stayed 2 extra days. They tried to get the incident report and they were told it was none of their business. #BOYCOTTSANDALS

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Sandals Resorts is into the business of selling dreams. I am booked for my wedding this year August and all the red flags are out. They ask you to pick an inspiration, but fail to tell you that not all inspirations are at each locations. I found out the hard way, so to make the correction. They tell me to split my trip and pay the difference. It's only $1000. What the hell! It's only money and they want it all. Truly sorry I change it from here in New York, it doesn't cost as much for dinner $120 plate, just a scam.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

This does not even deserve one star. My Husband and I had reservations for a vacation with friends to go to Sandals in Barbados. We had to cancel due to my health. I have Multiple Myeloma and had a transplant. Due to my immune system. I am not allow to be in crowds, public pools, etc. I have a lot of restrictions now. I tried to get a refund on the airfare from Sandals customer service. They refused and said we only have until Oct to use these tickets plus they will deduct $150 each for cancellation. I asked them if they had any kind of medical exception with my Dr letters. Offered them my entire medical file. They have no rules for an unexpected medical issue such as Cancer. Now they have kept $600 of our money for their benefit. Never Again would I even think of doing business with Sandals or JetBlue.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

This was our first experience with Sandals (Sandals South Coast Jamaica) and it will be our last. We were told this would be the best service experience and it was the worst. We paid $1,000 dollars a day to wait on ourselves. NO ROOM service, NO wait staff at any pool or beach front. No mint for a Mojito. No cream of coconut to mix a fresh tropical drink. Their website says scuba diving is included and if not certified to bring a doctor’s release and you can be trained, but they don't tell you it will be $350 per person for the certification. Once we accepted this information we decided we would just ride the glass bottom boat every day, guess what there was no glass bottom boat.

We complained about the high price with no service the first day, no one follows up with us so we went back 24 hours later to complain again, The management could really care less since they had our money. Manager Mathew promised us a private cabana for the last 4 days of our stay only to be told later that day, by him, that they were all booked. We witnessed several empty from sunup to sundown. It would have cost this man nothing extra to follow through with his promise. The resort really was not that full. We complained twice after returning home with no response.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Make and hair service for our wedding was a disaster. No retribution/compensation. Wedding package suppose to include either pool or ocean side reservation. Management refuses to explain why we can't pool side reservations. After 5 times in 5 days no explanation on why we can't or what it takes. Brought daughters in for wedding at 3 pm. Sandals wants us to pay $85 per person when they have to leave at 6pm. Also would not help supply a room at Sandals or Beaches. Again a run around. Will not be returning unless something is done. Being my corporate status and contacts my review to professional relationships will definitively not favor them staying your facility. This matter needs to be addressed immediately. If you need to contact me or my husband call ** anytime. 24/7. Also best email is **.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My husband and recently stayed at Sandals Resort in Negril, Jamaica. This was our first experience with Sandals. We liked that it was adults only. We opted for Sandals based on recommendations from a travel agent. I understand that experiences can be different by location. Our room was nice (club level) so our room faced the beach. Each night there was a nice sunset that we enjoyed.

We had to claim our beach chairs by 7am each morning or there was no chance of sitting in a shaded lounge chair. The same people walk the beach all day long trying to sell you beads, weed, cigars, parasailing, shells, music, etc. They start by 8 and go through sunset. Security does follow them constantly which was a plus.

Food was on par with cruise food. Nothing great but mostly edible. Some pretty bad. The included wines are cheap Robert Mondave. Yuk! We are savvy wine drinkers and thought the wines were horrible. The pina coladas were good though! My massage experience was a joke. Was told the delivery truck for the spa robes didn't arrive that day so I wasn't provided a robe. Later I saw others in robes. My massage person was clearly not properly trained to perform a deep tissue massage. Maid service was skipped a day. Room service took 2 hours. Photographers constantly hounded us. Pool table condition was terrible. Rules of beach chairs was not enforced. Smoking rules were not enforced. Dress codes was not enforced. Onsite craft vendors set prices at raping levels. We won't be returning to a Sandals resort ever!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Sandals is very expensive and we had cash stolen from us on our honeymoon. My husband and I reported the theft and management was very unhelpful did nothing to get us our money back, insinuated we were mistaken and even refused to come out and speak with us. I would not recommend a Sandals Resorts to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Due to weather they could no longer accommodate us. They attempted several times to make us say that “we” were canceling. They then asked us to go through the company that they use for insurance (another racket). They are requiring full payment for a reservation that is no longer valid due to them being closed during that time.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We can't get Sandals AKA Unique Vacations to refund all of our money for our planned vacation when they have closed the resort for repairs after a hurricane. About a month before our trip they closed the resort - cancelled our reservation and then kept almost $3,000 of our money that had been paid. We are unable to contact anyone higher than a scripted customer service representative. We don't understand why they should be entitled to keep some of the money when the resort is closed.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Where do I start? Too many horrible things to list. Me and my now wife Emma landed at GGT Exuma on 04 SEP and were not greeted by anyone and did not receive any help, or a private transfer to Sandals Emerald Bay Resort. As a butler guest, we assumed we would but did not. We eventually got crammed into a dirty van with others and dropped off at Emerald Bay. Next, after NO WELCOME DRINKS, we used the iPad to fill in information and were sent to our Oceanfront Butler Villa Suite. Next, the butler (Kevin) was very quick and left us with the butler phone. Our bags took two hours to make it to our room! Then, we had to call the front desk because the butler didn't answer and complain that everything in our room - the bed, the sofa, the chairs, everything was soaking wet to the touch and the room smelled like musty mold!!

We paid thousands for this once in a lifetime suite but were then told they would downgrade us to a cheaper/non-butler room due to lack of availability. We were not pleased but wanted a dry room to finally sit down/sleep for the night. Another hour and our bags were taken to our new, cheaper, non-butler room. It was time to sleep then. The next morning, we called our butler for breakfast, made the order and waited 1 hour and 15 mins before calling him back asking where our food was. He was very short and said he'll bring it right away, 20 mins later, our STONE COLD breakfast arrived, cold toast and cold tea and all not what we expected. The front desk said they had fixed our room, claiming it was a faulty air conditioner. We were happy to hear this at least so we said we will walk to our butler oceanfront suite.

We walked in, felt that the bed was indeed dry to the touch but we were choking on the overspray of air freshener!! They had only tried to cover up the musty, mildew smell and they said the room had been "fogged". They said they would "Fog" it every day? This doesn't seem appropriate for the price one has to pay for such a suite. The butlers hardly ever picked up so we gave up on the butler phone as it was useless.

On our wedding day, which was re-scheduled a day early due to Hurricane Irma, I got a call from our butler saying she was going home early (at 2 pm) and the manager will have the butler phone if we need anything?!? I was in the middle of getting ready to get married in an hour! My fiancée had to ask the stranger next door (SHE NEVER MET) to zip her dress up, as I was in a separate location as you do before seeing your fiancée at your wedding! SHE WAS CRYING THAT THE BUTLER (BOTH!) LEFT RIGHT WHEN SHE NEEDED THEM BOTH! Getting ready to get married!!! Sandals ruined our wedding (before-during-after!!).

Next, The butler came by the morning (10 am) of the 7th of SEP and I asked if the island would evacuate. Our butler said "No Mon, no need to worry". 1 hour later she called and frantically told us we had 30 mins to go to the lobby PACKED AND READY TO BE EVACUATED! She did not help us pack, or even offer!! We made it to the lobby and it was chaos! All the Americans had flights arranged to mainland USA, same for all of the Canadians. BUT WE FLEW BRITISH AIRWAYS AND WEREN'T GIVEN ANY ANSWERS! Eventually some other British guests there told us we would be sent to NASSAU then it's up to us from there!

We had 15 mins to make it to the airport! We barely made the flight to NASSAU, then argued until Sandals put us into a 4th floor apartment style room (No BUTLER) at Royal Caribbean. Still in the path of a hurricane and everyone we talked to at Sandals said that we need to voice our issues VIA this Sandals website. Even being one of the first to bring our bags to wait for the shuttle bus transfer to the airport to head back to the UK, they somehow didn't pack them on board the shuttle and we had to bring them onto the shuttle next to us. We later found that butler guests had private Rolls Royce transfers!? WE PAID FOR 7-NIGHTS of BUTLER SERVICE!! I am demanding that Sandals compensates us!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I booked a trip to Jamaica a while back and realized recently I am unable to go. I have been trying to cancel this reservation for over a month now. Every time I call and follow the prompts for a cancellation, no one answers. I have left multiple messages for them to call me with no response. Today I was placed on hold for 33 minutes before finally giving up. Interestingly enough, when I press the prompt to MAKE a reservation an agent comes on the line almost immediately. I had one come on this morning, only to tell me to call back later and she couldn't help me. When I explained to her that I've been trying to call she told me again that she couldn't help me and hung up the phone! I have emailed, called, and even started an online. All with no success. I've given up on the notion that they will even refund my deposit (which they assured me when I called was 100% refundable). I just want the reservation canceled! This is absolutely insane.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Us and friends booked a trip in October of 2016. Were promised 2 champagne flutes each for the room we booked. They were a scam. We were promise 6-8 weeks after the trip which was taken in March 2017 by countless people they are coming. They have not. IT IS A SCAM. Why they just can't follow through. The resort was great. The customer service online it horrible. Would never recommend them cause they never follow through. We spent a lot of money on our trip you would figure they could give us what they promised. Very disappointed. Was our 20th wedding anniversary and a cancer survivor and wanted glasses as a souvenir to remember the trip by.

Original review: July 31, 2017

It is evident to me that Sandals Resorts does not show the same kind of loyalty to their Select members, as the members do for them. My wife and I make several trips each year to Sandals, and this year has been the worst customer service I have ever had. I have two upcoming reservations. The first is in Antigua for this November. Now I find out not from Sandals mind you, but I find out from another website that Antigua will be closed from September 2017 to December 2017.

After I had contacted them, they confirmed the closure. So, then we were advised that we could change to one of their other resorts. However, they are all booked for this time. So, I agreed to postpone my trip for Antigua to 2018. Well even with me agreeing to the change, now they want to charge me more money for the room than was quoted for my original reservation. With this said, if Sandals want to keep a long-time customer happy they will do something to correct this issue. If not, then I will make it known to all my friends, and family to go somewhere else on vacation because Sandals does not care about them, all they care about is their money!

Original review: July 14, 2017

We stayed at this property at the end of May. Yes it is beautiful and The entertainment was great. The room we had was spacious and a Nice location. We was celebrating our 15 year anniversary, and decided to splurge by paying extra for a butler service. As someone that has stayed at many all inclusives, butler service is a great service to offer but at Sandals Negril was not worth it. They assign you two Butlers to share of the day or split shifts. Orlando one of the Butlers seemed really nice but was never around when needed.

The other Butler GWayne. He always seemed to try and put one over us. Like he was doing us the favor. When it was simply his job to serve and help us. He lied to me three times and argued with me a few times. He made it seem so hard to get a reservation for dinner. But always seemed like he worked it out and he worked so hard getting us what we needed. (would like everyone to know there was hardly anyone in the restaurants so how hard can it be to reserve and make a reservation). I also believe that they should have informed us about events going on at the resort. To allow us to make the choice if we would like to observe or participate. We Missed certain shows and events (we should've been told about).

While on the beach, we were constantly bombarded by locals offering to sell us drugs & along the lines of **, special brownies, cigars and went as far as asking us if we would like ** or **. On the first day at the beach, we sitting amongst many people extremely close is where the Butler place us. There was a couple right in front of us smoking cigarettes being extremely loud and rude. My husband and I do not smoke and he also has asthma; So we got up and went back to our room. And felt very confined to our patio. Not enough Reggae music. I expected to be inundated with Bob Marley. Before we got to the resort, we paid to have the private beach dinner. We were not on the beach. He was stuck in the garden under Gazebo. It wasn't as private as we would have liked. The mosquitoes were plentiful (but of course the resort can't control that). We left the dinner early because of the stray cats and mosquitoes.

The Wi-Fi wasn't the best, but it was serviceable for posting pics or browsing the internet, but if you want to stream, the free Wi-Fi is not the way to go.The last day Internet was down. So disappointed on my last day that I decided to book an appointment for a massage and they ended up never showing. Then when they called and canceled on me, (45 minutes later) saying they could not accommodate me.

Overall, I was truly disappointed in the lack of inattentiveness and the lying from our butler. The resort was beautiful & the view was spectacular. It rained every day (which they have no control) but it did rain in our room! Right before the entrance of the bathroom and the floor would get slippery so we left a towel down on the floor against the wall throughout the week, to be careful not to slip.The staff at the resort would ignore my questions and give me a blank stare as if I were from a different planet.

In addition, The staff appeared to have preferential treatment for ** guests, as they were not attentive to others. Worst customer service I have experienced. Needless to say, I will never go back. This resort was average or below average at a premium price. Bars ran out of stuff daily (crown, mint, limes, lemons etc;) and some of our friends actually saw them dilute the liquor bottles with water after the bars had closed down, which explains why I was able to drink so much and still function. All I wanted was some Kahlua for coffee but they refused to give me any until the bar opened even though they were in the bar stocking it. Several bars had espresso machines but they didn't use them and were not open until like 10:30 am and then would always say it was being cleaned or was out of coffee. Basically they were just lazy and didn't want to deal with it.

The pool was not kept clean in my opinion. They require you to be ready in the lobby to go to the airport like 5 hours or more before your departure flight only to sit in the airport forever. I was highly disappointed and would not visit again. Also, this resort is too close to the main road and you can hear road noise from inside the resort. I can only state, I had a good time. Absolutely amazing husband and friends, but I do not plan on visiting another Sandals resort as it was not a good one. We will definitely not return to Sandals Negril.

Original review: July 6, 2017

This was our first trip to Jamaica, Sandals South Coast. The trip was absolutely fabulous and beyond expectations. I would highly suggest a private car transport from the airport as the shuttles they provide can be just a bit slower and may have to wait for others to join. From the moment we arrived at the resort we were treated amazing from complimentary glasses of champagne to sitting us down in the lobby and bringing over a tablet so we could check in (instead of having to stand and wait at the counter). We were then showed around the resort and showed to our room. When we walked into our room. It smelled like mold (but that's what happens when you are in high humidity). We asked immediately to change rooms and it was done within 10 minutes. No problems in the other room at all.

The restaurants were fabulous and the service was outstanding, if we ordered something and didn't like it they just brought us something else. We met two of the restaurant managers RJ and Roberto. They were great and made sure that we were always happy. We never had to wait for anything (which could have been due to the timing of our trip, the resort was only 75% full) which was just perfect for me as I really don't like crowds. They were doing construction on the new over the water bungalows but the noise did not bother me at all, and if you didn't like it then just go to the other end of the resort where the main pool is and you didn't hear a thing.

The walkways and pool areas were pretty slippery when wet and they did have signs stating such, the only thing I would suggest is to maybe put some non slip pads in. My boyfriend got his PADI certification from Andre at the dive shop and it was an amazing experience for him as well. All in all the vacation was amazing and we have already booked our next trip to South Coast and looking forward to another great vacation. We are actually staying 11 days next time.

Original review: June 27, 2017

My husband and I were there 5/20/17 through 5/23/17. Upon check-in we notified the front desk. Our door did not close properly and they didn't have a different room but would fix the door. Next day our room was robbed of my engagement ring and wedding band. Security and police were called. Since being home they have not returned any emails phone calls or responded to a FedEx letter. The vacation was ruined and they could care less about their guests.

Original review: June 13, 2017

My fiancé and I are third time returning Sandals customers. We have no complaints as far as the resorts go and would highly recommend them, BUT BRING YOUR OWN CAMERA!! If I could rate their SNAPSHOP departments a 0, that wouldn't even be sufficient. I have never taken to a public forum before to speak out against a company, but I feel I have been left with no other choice.

We got engaged in Sandals Grenada. My fiancé PRE-PAID for an engagement package of photos that included 40 photos and a love block (a collage of photos on a block to hang on the wall). We did not like or even have 40 quality photos from our engagement photo shoots to pick from. We requested - to be able to successfully meet the required amount of photos that we PRE-PAID for - that we be able to pick from other photos that were taken on resort of us that we were pleased with. We were told that that was not possible, but we could purchase them at an additional cost!!!

We were not looking for a refund rather looking to get a product that we LIKED with the money we already paid. We were told by the resort staff who relayed the message of the Sandals Grenada manager there was "NO WAY we could pick from photo of us taken on property from different photographer utilizing the money we PRE-PAID for, because there was no way to allocate commissions correctly."

FIRST: The way in which Sandals employees are paid should NEVER be discussed with the guest let alone become their problem.
SECOND: Simple math could allow commissions to be divided according to how many photos where purchased from what photographer.

THIRD: If a product a consumer purchases does not meet or exceed their expectation then there should be some alternative option or refund offer - NO EXCUSES.

We were left no choice but to walk away with a series of photos and a love block (that was to be made and shipped to our house) that did not meet our expectations. The incompetence did not stop there. After we arrive home we called Sandals to address our dissatisfaction with the product the inability of SANDALS Grenada to offer a fair solution:

May 22, 2017: We spoke with Jasmine who open a ticket on behalf of our concerns and forwarded the concern to Rayne. May 23, 2017: Rayne stated via email he cannot offer us the photos we wanted and that he would relayed our concerns to the resort manager (who was the individual who slighted us in the first place and is the reason why we are in this situation.) May 26, 2017: Rayne stated he forwarded our concerns to SnapsShots manager whose team would like to speak with us.

June 2, 2017: We received an email stating our LOVE BLOCK has been shipped (from YAZMIN). June 3, 2017: We follow-up via email with Rayne in regards to no one reaching out as promised. June 4, 2017: The FIRST incorrect LOVE BLOCK (not us in the photos) arrives at our house and we email YAZMIN and Sandals Management.

June 5, 2017: Standard apology email from Ana also asking us to provide me with snapshots of the received package in order to further investigate. We reply that no one has called us at our request as of yet. Received an email stating our NEW love block has been shipped. Missed call from Margie whom unfortunately called during working business hours and call was unable to be addressed.

June 8, 2017: A SECOND incorrect (not us the photos) love block arrives at our house along with a email being sent to SANDALS management and MARGIE to notify. We receive a file transfer via email of the other photos that we have been requesting from the beginning, but once again the photos were NOT US!!! (email from Yazmin)

June 9, 2017: Margie emails lettings us know she tried to reach out and our love block is being printed and should be received soon. We still DO NOT have the product that we PRE-PAID for (despite the fact we didn't like it from the beginning) and don't get me started on whose hands OUR personal engagement photos ended up in given we have 3 separate couples photos! The thought turns my stomach!

My level of frustration has officially exceeded my patience for this situation. Sandals SNAPSHOT has proven unable to resolve ANY issue that SANDALS SNAPSHOTS single-handedly created and fueled with ignorance, incompetence and negligence. This was our third time in 3 years to a Sandals resort and one of the most meaningful because of our engagement. Thank you Sandals SNAPSHOT for taking the time to ruin that experience for us!!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I have to warn those considering Sandals Barbados to know that there is major construction going on at resort. Do not believe lies that construction going on at adjacent property. The noise greatly affects vacation quality if you are booked in the CARIBBEAN Bridgetown house section. Check out my videos on YouTube **. Customer service team seems incompetent. Tried also corresponding with CEO Adam Stewart on Twitter and also experienced a lack of accountability. Made my issue clear, provided paid invoices so they could correct my Sandals Select account to reflect the correct info and it seemed impossible to get a simple task of correcting incorrect info updated.

My complaint also included a dissatisfaction of their so called "standard" room category which I was accidentally booked in at Sandals Barbados. I enjoyed three of my visits to Sandals Resorts BUT AM SO DISSATISFIED WITH THE MOST RECENT SANDALS BARBADOS STAY IN THE MONTH OF May 2017 and the lack of understanding from customer support that I will reconsider ever vacationing at the Sandals Resorts. I guess I will have to limit myself to EXCELLENCE RESORTS which have always provided excellent service and accommodation while I research new resorts to vacation at.

Original review: April 30, 2017

Booked my sons honeymoon, Daniel **, with his new wife in a bungalow which was pictured on-line as a villa. We paid $2500 A NIGHT and they were just picked up today (4-30-17) being called Robert. :o( Then taken to a bungalow not like the picture only to find out the picture was of a villa. Very upset and disappointing as they are still awaiting their romantic private bungalow as pictured. VERY DISAPPOINTING for a newly wed couple. We spent almost $12,000 for 5 nights that is starting like a nightmare. Feel like we were baited with a picture and high pressure sales (big discount ends tonight) and switch to an UN-private and unromantic bungalow. :o(

Original review: March 23, 2017

They do not honor their cancellation guarantee and pass it off to their insurance company, if you bought the insurance, who then states that they don't cover. I have been fighting with Sandals/Beaches for two years about what equated to losing 6,000 for my son and daughter in law's portion of a trip because their passports did not arrive on time, they did not offer the vouchers as outlined and returned mail uncollected when trying to correspond with them both here and in Jamaica. That's a lot of money to be so summarily dismissed over. We won't even go into the horrible experience with the room shifts once my other son and I got there. They truly think because they have so much clout in the islands they can get away with anything.

Original review: March 20, 2017

The staff at Sandals Royal Bahamian is amazing and truly want you to not only enjoy your stay but have a good time. Something that stood out to me was that every single person we encountered during our stay said "hello" with a smile on their face. In turn I noticed myself smiling and greeting other people as we passed by and just feeling happier overall. We have traveled to several resorts between personal and business trips and I can tell you that only one other resort we stayed at had the same type of experience. Unfortunately we didn't have great beach weather while we were there but the resort has enough to see and do to keep you having a great time.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left the staff was very accommodating and my husband and I both said that the employees worked their tails off yet they all really seemed to enjoy working there. We had great food. Gordon's on the pier was our favorite but we also enjoyed, and ate more than one time the burgers and fish at Cricketers Pub. The one and only complaint I have is that I felt the cleanliness of our room upon arrival could have been better. There was a contact lens on the bathroom counter, which led me to believe the counter hadn't been wiped and the bathroom wasn't cleaned properly, and the rug under the bed appeared as though it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Overall I'd still give the resort 5 stars and I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Our January 2016 trip to Sandals Grande St Lucia was great so we had to come back January 2017. Big mistake. We came for a full week and regret it. Moldy cheese from room service with no apology, lost laundry no apology, resort cancelled our excursion because a bigger group came and they wanted our spots. No apology. We are club and the club employees told us to go make our own reservations. That is a benefit of paying for club! We spoke with club manager and shared these and other issues. She listened and seemed responsive. She offered us a cabana the next day. We did not want anything but accepted to try to enjoy our last day. Next morning find out they did not make the reservation! Icing on the cake and comical at this point. Spoke with General Manager too but unresponsive to our issues. Definitely recommend DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY HERE!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

My wife and I have gone to Sandals SOCO for the last four years to celebrate our wedding anniversary in late January. I cannot say enough about the awesome service we received. Having traveled all over the world for business and pleasure I must say the employee training at Sandals is impressive. Everybody who works at Sandals is concerned about us and asks if there is anything they can do to make us comfortable.

We pay a bit more for Sandals, but understand all the value add services that money pays for. Theft, I forgot my Bose Bluetooth speaker at the beach and several Sandals employees, the pool boy, bartender, butler and manager all worked together to figure out who owned the device and returned it to me the next day. If you want a worry free premium vacation in the Caribbean then Sandals is a great option. My wife is very high maintenance and we have never had a bad day at Sandals. They have a great team.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Sandals advertises a 10% military discount (as well as law enforcement, etc). Upon making the reservation I was told that it would be applied after check-in. That never happened! When I checked in the front desk said they could not process the discount from their end (really??) and said I had to call Sandals via toll free. I called while at the resort and they assured me it was going to be applied yet again... never happened. Everything they do is via the phone and they make it very difficult. I have had to dispute the charge via my credit card company as a result!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

We have been going to Sandals or 11 years and 19 stays (120 nights) - in Jamaica only to be clear. Royal Caribbean (SRC) 10x, Negril 2x, Whitehouse (now South Coast) 3x, Ocho Rios 4x (by next week). We have visited the others in Jamaica. We have never had a "standard" room, always either Club or Butler, but frankly the difference is not so big and almost none really in the "inclusives" except in cost and how much time do you spend in your room? Never the less it has been our choice - our annual treat.

A lot of the complaints I read on here are not really reasonable, though some are, and many are exaggerated, which is typical for any complaints. Nothing is perfect in this life, but Sandals does and damn good job overall. Often people fail to read terms and conditions and complain when they don't like the outcome or feel they are entitled to special treatment. TAKE OUT INSURANCE!!! It's cheap. Some - even "verified" on here - are so obviously the competition that is a joke. Some even blatantly advertise competitors. Complaints like food poisoning etc. can happen anywhere and maybe you did not wash your hands, who knows. I have never seen dirty rooms or bad food (maybe not to everyone's taste, but certainly not "bad").

Security is as good as it gets, again nothing is perfect, but never leave valuables unattended out of the safe wherever you are. There has been an occasional housekeeping issue, but a polite, firm notification to appropriate management has always fixed it for us and quickly. Over consumption of alcohol and emotions don't help with this of course. No resort of their size can have a beach lounger for every guest - just not economically or practically feasible. Customer service is a bit of a variable feast, but from our experiences (true, some frustrating) it is more due to being poorly organized and coordinated across departments and the company and lack of training. Also note the booking arm is a separate unit based in Panama (and Miami?).

Staff is great, but often after getting training and experience from Sandals, leave to go elsewhere (usually overseas) - or get promoted and relocated. Sandals does NOT get rid of them en-mass! They actually have low employee turnover for that industry. We had some poor experiences a Royal Caribbean last year, much of which due to construction and some unfortunate management decisions (which were reversed after many complaints). After 10 consecutive years we are not going back there in the foreseeable future, in part due to the aforementioned and because it has gradually become so tightly crowded due to additions of more and more buildings, lack of beach, and demise of their CO beach etc...

My main complaint is their ridiculous marketing practices. The AG went after the My Pillow guy for his advertising and rightly so, but I do think he was rather unfairly singled out. Sandals marketing has been predatory and fraudulent from day one. Their "original" prices are pure fiction and have never been charged to anyone. Their constant unbroken series of "sales" are virtually if not actually identical. When called on this they claim that's the price if you book for less than 3 days. However it is not possible to book for less than 3 days. The website does not allow it. And they advertise these "original" prices per week!!!

They have other similarly pathetic transparent excuses too. This came to a head recently when they opened their over water suites at SRC. The prices were IMMEDIATELY stated as "originally" $60,000 per week (laughable, but not a misprint). Yet the actual price after the "sale" and "discounts" was $22,500 (on the US website - and also not a misprint). They have therefore NEVER been advertised or sold at $60,000!!! So that is unquestionably fraudulent advertising. It is time for Sandals to abandon this stupid fake marketing scheme which no one in their right mind believes.

Note also that these suites were immediately shown as virtually sold out - but a close inspection showed the few available dates were in blocks of 6 days only and in a regular pattern. Pure fiction to make them look desirable and popular. (Didn't VW get caught doing something like that when the "new" Beetle came out?) I'm sure anyone actually phoning in would get a miraculous "cancellation" slot. The other all inclusives have caught up to them these days and they don't go through these stupid acts. So there is no legitimate comparison at Sandals so called "original" prices. They are just lies and fiction. It is time for the appropriate authorities to put a stop to it and Sandals to be honest with their marketing. You are better than that, Sandals, get real.

Also note that if you compare prices on their US and UK websites you get very (often VERY) different prices. and The difference is not always one way (and yes, I know all about exchange rates). In some cases (over water suites, Rondelo rooms at Grenada for example) the difference can be as must as 25%. That's HUGE money. There actually seems to be nothing preventing anyone from using either site and changing the "country of residence" tab makes no difference to the prices on either site. So there's a tip for y'all!!! Beat them at their own game!

I think the My Pillow guy should complain of unfair treatment. After all, his little pillow case full of crumbled up foam rubber is small potatoes (VERY small) compared to Sandals vacations. All that being said we have continued to go to Sandals and overall enjoyed our stays (obviously) for 11 years straight and played their stupid pathetic price games. However we may now be starting to look elsewhere in future.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

This place is a total rip off!! I was set to be married there and due to family emergency I had to cancel. After being told by numerous staff that my money would be refunded it never appeared!!! After calling they tried to tell me I couldn't get my money back!!! I had a cancellation code as well as the name of the individual I spoke with about my refund. They reviewed the call and then after the threat of a lawsuit they said I could get my money back but claimed it had to be sent back in a check though I paid with a card!!! Then they told me they only processed checks on Fridays which was a further stall tactic!!! They tried to transfer me to several people to confuse things even further and buy time!!! We are talking over 5000 dollars!! Stay away from these crooks!!!

Sandals Resorts Company Information

Sandals & Beaches Resorts

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Let's talk

ConsumerAffairs ranks 562 on Inc. 5000 for 2017

Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.

The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.