2. Travel

Caribbean Chain

3.8/5 (307 ratings)

About Sandals Resorts

Sandals Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Upon arriving to the resort in Ochi Rios I was being taken to my room via 5 flights of stairs. I have severe asthma and unable to climb that many stairs. After dinner I was then brought to another room across the street which was a downgrade to my Oceanview room. The garden room was on the 1st floor but still had to climb a set of stairs. The room had throw rugs. One had a filthy red/orange stain on it. The mattresses are super thin with no box spring. This room is a 3star hotel status not a 5star. The beach is beautiful but you again have to climb a hill to get there then go down 2-5flights of stairs to get there depending on which set of stairs you choose. Remember you have to go back up the stairs to get back to your room. I won't ever stay there again.

On my 2nd day I received a call from front desk stating I needed to check out of the garden room to move up to the 3rd floor. I had no option, I needed to be out of that room at 1130a and check in new room at 230p. I was to leave my bags and they will be brought to my new room at 230p. When I arrived at the new room at 630p. My bags were left outside the door and my keys did not work. I had to walk back to the front desk to get new keys. Such a horrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

After an issue that resulted in my group arriving in St Lucia a day late, we found that none of the schedule adjustments we made prior to arrival were done - but we were charged. That wasn't the end of the world, we had a good time while we were there. 2 members of our group came back terribly sick and went to the doctor. My wife, the 3rd member became violently ill and MISSED TWO WEEKS OF WORK because of it. The ER later showed she tested positive for Salmonella. Sandals requested the documents, only to say it couldn't have been from their resort. What a joke! A manager was supposed to have reached out to us multiple times, but did not. They even pretended to call, so I requested a voicemail - nothing. I'm filing a lawsuit. SANDALS LOOKS GREAT - IT'S NOT.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Me and my husband booked our honeymoon to Sandals Grenada, 2 weeks before our honeymoon, Sandals Grenada emailed us and said that they will no be letting us into the country due to COVID-19. They have not helped us in any way, shape or form to help us navigate through this major inconvenience. Every time we called Sandals, the people were outright nasty and disrespectful to us. We will NEVER book anything through Sandals EVER again and will never recommend to our family, friends and co workers. The grief Sandals gave us has tainted our honeymoon and now we are unable to go on a honeymoon. We spent the weeks after our wedding running in circles between Expedia and Sandals. The worst customer service, this is being brought to the attention of the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 17, 2021

My husband and I have spent a good price for this long overdue vacation, for us to arrive to a room without air conditioning. We went to the front desk and instead of them changing our room we waited for hours so that they could keep sending engineers to review the unit. After hours of waiting we spoke to a manager on property. We suggested our room be changed. It was never suggested prior to us. Once we were moved our luggage was lost! We was informed that due to us being on a family trip our luggage was probably in one of our family members' room, yet no one asked for our luggage tickets or our names to even know who’s luggage they was looking for!

We was at this resort for 7 days. Housekeeping came 3 days. The three days they came was because we had to take several trips to the front desk to complain. The other days we had to ask them to send us wash cloths up and we even had to fix our own bed! One night after housekeeping did come we had grit and hair in the sheets, another night that the front desk brought linen up for us to fix the bed! We was promised a night supervisor would call us about the mini concerns that we had and that call never happened either! We’ve travel to several Sandals Resorts and have spent less money and I’ve never encountered such a bad experience from this brand prior to this trip! My next trip will not be With Sandals. I’ve complained this whole trip and it’s fallen on deaf ears so I pray someone reads the complaints and make someone else’s vacation better!

Original review: July 5, 2021

Just returned from Sandals Halcyon this past week and it was definitely the worst Sandals I've been to. I've been to 8 different facilities and by far this is very subpar resort. From the day we got there I felt like was in a standard hotel. Don't get me wrong. The people were very friendly and hardworking but really understaffed. It normally took us 15 to 20 minutes to get a beer at the swim up bar. There was only 1 bartender there the majority of the time. Two of the restaurants were very good but the rest of them we visited it was awful. Cold and undercooked food was consistently served.

I love going to Sandals and I try to talk it up to other people so they know about the service they normally bring. This past week was nowhere close to the other Sandal resorts. Normally there are managers walking around asking how you are and is everything ok, trying to get involved. Not once did I ever see a single person from the management team walk around and mingle. I would highly recommend that you don't waste your money going to Halcyon when there are so many other beautiful facilities that Sandals has to offer.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Bad Food, unsecured room, no a/c for 2 days, food cooked their way, not the way we liked it. Much more. Our 50th wedding anniversary was ruined. Service was slow. Camera's not working. Will not return.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

My now Wife and I booked our honeymoon in 2019 for a March 2020 honeymoon trip. We paid in full, over $6,000. The week before our wedding and honeymoon, Sandals closed due to the pandemic and our wedding was postponed. Of course at the time we had no idea the pandemic would last this long so we rescheduled for August 2020 following our rescheduled wedding day. St. Lucia was still closed but Sandals allowed us to change islands, which we chose Jamaica. Jamaica required US travelers to submit a negative Covid test within 10 days of our arrival.

My wife and I obtained tests and received the negative results two days prior to our departure. Out of our control, the testing laboratory documented the incorrect collection date of our test, which was outside of the 10 day window. The laboratory provided us with letters admitting to their mistake. We were denied access into Jamaica the night before our honeymoon. Now my wife is pregnant and Sandals won’t budge on refunding our money. We had no intentions to miss this trip. And it is out of our control with the current pandemic.

Sandals has a lot of our money and has been holding it. We have no idea when travel will be safe again. They advertise on their website 100% no worry refunds for new or existing trips. Wrong! When I called and ended up speaking to a manager and because the trip was booked prior to the pandemic, it was considered a no cancellation period. And if we cancelled the trip we would get $0 dollars refunded. The company expressed to me they had done us a "favor" by allowing us to reschedule. While the huge corporate company holds my $6,000, I continue to try and find a way to get a refund for a trip that was canceled and out of my control.

We have been told great things pre-COVID about Sandals. Now they are hurting families during a pandemic economy and have lost all of my respect. It is clear that their values and morals are not in line with the type of company that we spend our money with. Do not waste your money with a company that will steal from you the first chance they get. I will never spend another cent with this company.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

BEWARE, every company is working with people when Covid rules change but not SANDALS. Booked the honeymoon suite over water bungalow at Royal Caribbean, a month before we were to arrive on our honeymoon the goal posts were moved and we were required to take a covid test to get back into our own country, USA. Needless to say we can’t take the risk of having to quarantine in Jamaica for 2 weeks and the costs, missed work, etc. that would come with that scenario. So we canceled the trip and had to do our honeymoon in Florida now.

They said they would not return the $1000 honeymoon suite deposit even though it was covid that changed everything, not us. Ask my cc for $1000 refund and was denied that too. So on my honeymoon, Sandals decided to keep my $1000 because I couldn’t afford to stay in Jamaica 2 weeks. Booked the insurance too. Gave them a month notice and will they rebook that room and still take our $1000, what a company!!! Still haven't received the $6900 refund either, been 4 weeks!

Thanks Sandals, we obviously would of loved to come for our honeymoon but covid rules made it impossible and you CHOOSE to keep my money in these circumstances. Will never ever step foot in one of your properties or anyone I know. Remember how sandals treats honeymooners when you go to book your dream vacation, they have no mercy even on your honeymoon! We will be honeymooning at Playa Largo and can’t wait! Thanks a lot sandals for keeping my money and showing your true colors! Never again! Was 3 nights for 8k, what a bargain, they are a joke. Go to Florida instead.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We booked in 2019 for an April 2020 vacation with our kids to one of the Beaches properties. We paid in full over $10,000 just in time for us to be unable to travel to Jamaica due to the pandemic - even if we wanted to go. The country and resort were closed to visitors during our booked timeframe. Of course at the time we had no idea the pandemic would last this long so we rebooked for August 2020. Because it still was not advised to travel in August we rebooked again for April 2021. Well as we all know the pandemic is still in full swing (Feb 2021) and our family will likely not be vaccinated by our April dates. So we finally decided let's just get our money back and rebook sometime in the future when we know we can go.

Sandals/Beaches has a LOT of our money and has been holding it interest free since 2019 and we have no idea when travel will be safe again. They advertise on their website 100% no worry refunds for new or existing trips, right? Wrong! When I called and ended up speaking to a representative, a supervisor, and a manager and was told that because our original April 2020 dates were considered a "blackout" aka no cancellation period that if we cancelled the trip we would get $0 dollars back - this is despite the fact that the country and resort WERE CLOSED in April 2020 during the blackout period so we could not have travelled even if we wanted to. The company expressed to me they had done us a "favor" by allowing us to reschedule and they could have just kept our money and cancelled us back in April.

We also had purchased trip insurance which I was informed did not cover this circumstance. So now our choice is to let the company continue to hold our money for another year or two while we wait to be able to travel again safely, or we lose it all. Not to mention if we choose to reschedule, our son who was 14 in April 2020 will now be 16 and so we will owe more money for him AND we will have our baby with us making our original party of 4 a party of 5 and we will be forced to upgrade to a larger room costing us even more.

We loved this company pre-COVID and had travelled to their resorts multiple times. Now it seems they have adopted predatory and opportunistic practices that are hurting families during a pandemic economy. After we take this trip - whenever that may be - we will never spend another dime with the Beaches/Sandals company. It is clear that their values and morals are not in line with the type of company that we spend our money with. Find another one of the beautiful Caribbean resort companies to travel with and do not waste your time, energy, and money with this lecherous company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

On July 25, 2020, we booked a trip to Turks and Caicos Beaches Resort. We have wanted to visit a Sandals Resort for 17+ years. This was a trip we looked forward to for months during all the Covid issues in 2020, but we all knew there was a chance it would get canceled. On November 14th our trip was canceled because the resort was not opening till late December. We were to leave on November 22, 2020.

We called right after receiving the email telling us to call them about our reservation. They tried to reschedule our trip but we did not have other available times to travel. We were told we would have a refund within 60 days. 60 days passed and no refund so I started calling again. Since then I have been on the phone three times trying to get our refund of $14,866.25. It was then to be credited by January 22, 2021 (no credit) called back on the 24th, a lady said she submitted again and apologized but accounting was not open. I called back on January 25th and talked to a manager. He said it would be another 7-14 days. I instructed the supervisor that if we did not have a refund by Friday the 29th I felt that I needed to caution other travelers wanting to travel to Sandals.

Sandals Resorts Company Information