Sandals Resorts

Caribbean Chain

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The staff at Sandals Royal Bahamian is amazing and truly want you to not only enjoy your stay but have a good time. Something that stood out to me was that every single person we encountered during our stay said "hello" with a smile on their face. In turn I noticed myself smiling and greeting other people as we passed by and just feeling happier overall. We have traveled to several resorts between personal and business trips and I can tell you that only one other resort we stayed at had the same type of experience. Unfortunately we didn't have great beach weather while we were there but the resort has enough to see and do to keep you having a great time.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left the staff was very accommodating and my husband and I both said that the employees worked their tails off yet they all really seemed to enjoy working there. We had great food. Gordon's on the pier was our favorite but we also enjoyed, and ate more than one time the burgers and fish at Cricketers Pub. The one and only complaint I have is that I felt the cleanliness of our room upon arrival could have been better. There was a contact lens on the bathroom counter, which led me to believe the counter hadn't been wiped and the bathroom wasn't cleaned properly, and the rug under the bed appeared as though it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Overall I'd still give the resort 5 stars and I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

Our January 2016 trip to Sandals Grande St Lucia was great so we had to come back January 2017. Big mistake. We came for a full week and regret it. Moldy cheese from room service with no apology, lost laundry no apology, resort cancelled our excursion because a bigger group came and they wanted our spots. No apology. We are club and the club employees told us to go make our own reservations. That is a benefit of paying for club! We spoke with club manager and shared these and other issues. She listened and seemed responsive. She offered us a cabana the next day. We did not want anything but accepted to try to enjoy our last day. Next morning find out they did not make the reservation! Icing on the cake and comical at this point. Spoke with General Manager too but unresponsive to our issues. Definitely recommend DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY HERE!

My wife and I have gone to Sandals SOCO for the last four years to celebrate our wedding anniversary in late January. I cannot say enough about the awesome service we received. Having traveled all over the world for business and pleasure I must say the employee training at Sandals is impressive. Everybody who works at Sandals is concerned about us and asks if there is anything they can do to make us comfortable.

We pay a bit more for Sandals, but understand all the value add services that money pays for. Theft, I forgot my Bose Bluetooth speaker at the beach and several Sandals employees, the pool boy, bartender, butler and manager all worked together to figure out who owned the device and returned it to me the next day. If you want a worry free premium vacation in the Caribbean then Sandals is a great option. My wife is very high maintenance and we have never had a bad day at Sandals. They have a great team.

Sandals advertises a 10% military discount (as well as law enforcement, etc). Upon making the reservation I was told that it would be applied after check-in. That never happened! When I checked in the front desk said they could not process the discount from their end (really??) and said I had to call Sandals via toll free. I called while at the resort and they assured me it was going to be applied yet again... never happened. Everything they do is via the phone and they make it very difficult. I have had to dispute the charge via my credit card company as a result!

We have been going to Sandals or 11 years and 19 stays (120 nights) - in Jamaica only to be clear. Royal Caribbean (SRC) 10x, Negril 2x, Whitehouse (now South Coast) 3x, Ocho Rios 4x (by next week). We have visited the others in Jamaica. We have never had a "standard" room, always either Club or Butler, but frankly the difference is not so big and almost none really in the "inclusives" except in cost and how much time do you spend in your room? Never the less it has been our choice - our annual treat.

A lot of the complaints I read on here are not really reasonable, though some are, and many are exaggerated, which is typical for any complaints. Nothing is perfect in this life, but Sandals does and damn good job overall. Often people fail to read terms and conditions and complain when they don't like the outcome or feel they are entitled to special treatment. TAKE OUT INSURANCE!!! It's cheap. Some - even "verified" on here - are so obviously the competition that is a joke. Some even blatantly advertise competitors. Complaints like food poisoning etc. can happen anywhere and maybe you did not wash your hands, who knows. I have never seen dirty rooms or bad food (maybe not to everyone's taste, but certainly not "bad").

Security is as good as it gets, again nothing is perfect, but never leave valuables unattended out of the safe wherever you are. There has been an occasional housekeeping issue, but a polite, firm notification to appropriate management has always fixed it for us and quickly. Over consumption of alcohol and emotions don't help with this of course. No resort of their size can have a beach lounger for every guest - just not economically or practically feasible. Customer service is a bit of a variable feast, but from our experiences (true, some frustrating) it is more due to being poorly organized and coordinated across departments and the company and lack of training. Also note the booking arm is a separate unit based in Panama (and Miami?).

Staff is great, but often after getting training and experience from Sandals, leave to go elsewhere (usually overseas) - or get promoted and relocated. Sandals does NOT get rid of them en-mass! They actually have low employee turnover for that industry. We had some poor experiences a Royal Caribbean last year, much of which due to construction and some unfortunate management decisions (which were reversed after many complaints). After 10 consecutive years we are not going back there in the foreseeable future, in part due to the aforementioned and because it has gradually become so tightly crowded due to additions of more and more buildings, lack of beach, and demise of their CO beach etc...

My main complaint is their ridiculous marketing practices. The AG went after the My Pillow guy for his advertising and rightly so, but I do think he was rather unfairly singled out. Sandals marketing has been predatory and fraudulent from day one. Their "original" prices are pure fiction and have never been charged to anyone. Their constant unbroken series of "sales" are virtually if not actually identical. When called on this they claim that's the price if you book for less than 3 days. However it is not possible to book for less than 3 days. The website does not allow it. And they advertise these "original" prices per week!!!

They have other similarly pathetic transparent excuses too. This came to a head recently when they opened their over water suites at SRC. The prices were IMMEDIATELY stated as "originally" $60,000 per week (laughable, but not a misprint). Yet the actual price after the "sale" and "discounts" was $22,500 (on the US website - and also not a misprint). They have therefore NEVER been advertised or sold at $60,000!!! So that is unquestionably fraudulent advertising. It is time for Sandals to abandon this stupid fake marketing scheme which no one in their right mind believes.

Note also that these suites were immediately shown as virtually sold out - but a close inspection showed the few available dates were in blocks of 6 days only and in a regular pattern. Pure fiction to make them look desirable and popular. (Didn't VW get caught doing something like that when the "new" Beetle came out?) I'm sure anyone actually phoning in would get a miraculous "cancellation" slot. The other all inclusives have caught up to them these days and they don't go through these stupid acts. So there is no legitimate comparison at Sandals so called "original" prices. They are just lies and fiction. It is time for the appropriate authorities to put a stop to it and Sandals to be honest with their marketing. You are better than that, Sandals, get real.

Also note that if you compare prices on their US and UK websites you get very (often VERY) different prices. Sandals.com and Sandals.co.uk. The difference is not always one way (and yes, I know all about exchange rates). In some cases (over water suites, Rondelo rooms at Grenada for example) the difference can be as must as 25%. That's HUGE money. There actually seems to be nothing preventing anyone from using either site and changing the "country of residence" tab makes no difference to the prices on either site. So there's a tip for y'all!!! Beat them at their own game!

I think the My Pillow guy should complain of unfair treatment. After all, his little pillow case full of crumbled up foam rubber is small potatoes (VERY small) compared to Sandals vacations. All that being said we have continued to go to Sandals and overall enjoyed our stays (obviously) for 11 years straight and played their stupid pathetic price games. However we may now be starting to look elsewhere in future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

This place is a total rip off!! I was set to be married there and due to family emergency I had to cancel. After being told by numerous staff that my money would be refunded it never appeared!!! After calling they tried to tell me I couldn't get my money back!!! I had a cancellation code as well as the name of the individual I spoke with about my refund. They reviewed the call and then after the threat of a lawsuit they said I could get my money back but claimed it had to be sent back in a check though I paid with a card!!! Then they told me they only processed checks on Fridays which was a further stall tactic!!! They tried to transfer me to several people to confuse things even further and buy time!!! We are talking over 5000 dollars!! Stay away from these crooks!!!

I was a guest in the grand opening of the first Sandals by Gordon "Butch" Stewart in Montego Bay. I owned 6 travel offices in South Jersey and Philadelphia at the time. This resort was attractive. We started to book Sandals instead of Club Meds. Not many all inclusives at the time. All of my offices contributed to the growth of this well managed operation booking with many wholesalers their all inclusive packages in all of their resorts. Some of the complaints over the years were complaints due to bad weather in that particular location or cancellations due bad weather in the USA unable fly guests to their vacation destination. None of the above was the fault of Sandals resorts. We can't hold Sandals Resorts responsible for acts of God. Sandals always made best possible arrangement to accommodate inconvenienced guests, they didn't have to.

Service employees on all resorts are well trained and investigated prior to hiring. They must have education and clean criminal record. They don't hire thieves as noted in someone's comments about "Stealing". My company booked millions of dollars in volume with Sandals resorts past decades without a single incident.

However, my personal experience once at a Sandals Resorts was as follows. Was walking towards my suite when I noticed from far away someone exiting my suite walking the opposite away getting into a door a few steps away from my room with a bag. Run towards my suite, door was open and a maid service was inside cleaning my toilet. Looking around my room my large video camera was missing from my table. I walked over a couple doors down where this man had walked in knocking on his door. Upon answering door I pushed him into his room asking where is my video camera which I could see was on his bed.

Needless to say that in this case I would have blamed the maid service of "Stealing" instead of another guest... Similar incident happened on a cruise too. So, guests LOCK your valuables and request maids to LOCK your door while cleaning your rooms/cabins OR do not leave valuables in rooms/cabins. Thank you Sandals for taking care of thousands of our clients, your guests, and for running a professional first class operation. And regarding Travel Agents complaint mentioned above. Get a life. Reason you complaining is because you didn't receive sufficient travel agent discount from Sandals.

I been to Sandals Resorts 8 times, got married at Sandals Bahamian in 2015. Since then they let go their staff and hire all new people. We went to Jamaica Whitehouse. I go on Vacation to relax not to hear construction at 7:00 am and hear it all day. We stay in the Dutch Village which is in great need of a upgrade.

If you go to the bar for a drink there is bumblebees on over the bar trying to get into the liquor. No one is walking around to ask if you need drinks or ask if they can get you anything. If you want a chair at the pool or beach it's first come first service which mean you have to get up by 6:30 to get a chair. There is not enough for everyone, nor do they care. Just in case you plan a trip to the WhiteHouse please keep in mind it is at 2 and 1/2 hours from the airport. We lost 2 days vacation on travel.

I am a retired travel agent, and I would like to warn anybody thinking of vacationing at Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Atlantis, to please, please save your money, and future heartache and disappointment. For a while I booked clients into these properties, but after numerous complaints, and all my efforts to get some kind of refunds for clients, I gave up and told people to seek another travel agents to book these places.

When I did inspections of these resorts, they did not pass the smell test, the service was very poor, the rooms were old and moldy, and the threat for thefts was very high. Atlantis in particular was old. Everything was old. No upgrades anywhere, old furniture, the aquarium was a disgusting place for all the animals.

But in particular, Sandals is a disgrace. They rip off customers with high prices, poor service, lies and deception, and everything that the commenters say is absolutely true. I cannot emphasize that enough.

If you want carefree vacations go with American Airlines Vacations, Hawaiian Airlines Vacations, GoGo Vacations, or if you are a Costco member use their travel benefits. The Caribbean is a destination of frustration, and yes, dangerous, especially Jamaica. You are entering third world countries where poverty is rampant, and therefore there are a lot of thieves. Remember Americans are fair targets, and there is no honor among thieves. Thank you, and better travels.

My wife and I have been to 3 Sandals resorts, 2 of them were fabulous (Montego Bay and the Bahamas) but our 3rd trip to Antigua wasn't even close. Mostly the service sucked, my wife couldn't even get her water glass filled at the restaurants. No one came around to the other pools to get you drinks (we waited for hours, eventually we just started going to the bar on our own). None of the whirlpools actually worked (they were all broken, most were only about 80degF. Only 1 mostly worked. Then when our flight was canceled we had to pay $550 per night, this was the "distressed rate". It was distressing alright.

We visited the Whitehouse Resort in Montego Bay the middle of May. We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately on our 3rd day coming out of the pool the floor was very slippery, and I slipped doing a full split. The pain was so bad that I blacked out. I was taken to the nurse's station, there they took a report and told me the only way I can be treated is by the Doctor (who had to be called in) because nobody there was qualified to administer medication. I was informed to have the Dr there was a $200.00 fee plus (cash or credit card only) whatever medications were given. Desperate for relief I had no choice but to consent. By the time the doctor showed up I was black and blue on both butt cheeks, the injured leg spread down the whole back of my leg to the calf and my other leg, the whole back of my thigh to the knee.

Needless to say I was charged $570.00 for 3 shots and a week of painkillers and a dispensing fee of $20.00 and $60.00 for Medical Procedure/Disposables. The complete total was $865.00. I was given a wheelchair and granted room service at no extra charge. Disappointed that I was no longer to get around unless my husband pushed me. I didn't want to be on the sidelines. We spent most of our time in the pool which was good therapy for my injury. I tried my best to have whatever good time I could have and always had a smile on but crying inside.

Upon leaving I was asked if I enjoyed myself I told them I had enjoyed whatever I was able to enjoy and tried not to let my injury stop me from having an upbeat attitude. Let's face it sulking would have made other guests uncomfortable and away from us, instead of including us in whatever we were able to join in. I don't have to tell you how painful this injury was and I couldn't even sit without causing more discomfort. After this accident we were more aware of other people losing their footing due to the slippery floor.

Upon coming home I contacted Customer Service asking them to reimburse me for the medical bill due to my accident was a result of their negligence that their pool area was not protected with nonskid floors. I also mentioned to them I knew that at one of the other pools on the grounds someone had to go to the hospital with a broken wrist after falling coming out to the pool.

Their response and lack of responsibility I was offered 6,000 bonus points to my rewards card. Are they for real? I was also informed that because I stayed and tried to enjoy my time they felt the points justify my injury. I wrote back telling them it was my anniversary celebration and the first time we had ever done a vacation together by ourselves I wasn't about to ruin my long awaited time. I am the type of person who makes lemonade when handed lemons. I let them know how insulted, hurt and angry that this was what they thought was acceptable. They responded that they reviewed the case again and their offer stands. I still refuse to accept the points and I am considering to contact legal assistance.

Every place to eat customers encountered black birds flying around the place, landing on tables, taking food off of plates, drinking water out of glasses and pitchers of water. Birds flying around the open buffet and releasing feces as they fly over the food and tables customers eat on. Cats walking freely around restaurants while customers eat. This is a serious health hazard.

Quick Summary: Sandals customer service will do NOTHING to help you. Whether it's BEFORE, DURING, or AFTER your vacation. Even if the issue is completely THEIR FAULT. My husband and I found their offer to compensate us for our troubles unacceptable. Sandals refused to change it or offer us anything else.

Long Story: We booked a vacation over six months before our travel date. We got a call TWO WEEKS before our trip telling us the resort we were supposed to travel to (Royal Bahamian) was closing for unexpected maintenance issues. This spiraled into spending hours of our time re-planning our vacation, on the phone with Sandals, and on the phone with airlines. They offered us three things:

1. To send us to another sandals resort.
2. To reimburse us for all air fare change fee and penalty expenses. (As of this post we still have not received this and it's been more than 7-10 business days since we sent the receipts they needed.)

3. 2 free nights to use for a future sandals vacation (to be used within 18 months). There is NO WAY we are able to do another vacation like this within 18 months so their offer was completely useless. They refused to give us an extension!

#1 and #2 were what sandals HAD to do in lieu of having to give us a complete refund. They in no way compensated for our trouble. #3 is where the AWFUL customer service starts. We did not want compensation on a future vacation, we wanted them to make it up to us on this vacation (the one that ended up sending us to a completely different country than we intended on going to).

We had at least three phone conversations with customer service BEFORE our vacation, they told us it was up to the resort itself to offer us extras and that they would LEAVE A NOTE ON OUR FILE for the resort when we checked in. When we got to the resort there was NO NOTE. We were bounced back and forth. Concierge called the manager who was supposed to get back to us. We had to track her down after a day and a half of NO RESPONSE. When we finally met with her she (MAXINE FROM OCHI) didn't even apologize. She just offered absolutely nothing and told us to call customer service. I have had a few phone calls and emails with Sandals AFTER our trip with no luck.

They told me I should have taken care of it before the vacation. I TRIED THAT!!! At this point the LEAST SANDALS COULD DO IS TAKE OFF THE DAMN TIME LIMIT, but they should do much more for all the time and frustration this had caused. The ENTIRE thing was SANDALS FAULT TO BEGIN WITH! We will never travel to a Sandals or Beaches resort again. If you have no issues then you will have a great vacation. If anything happens whether major or minor, Sandals does not care about you at all.

Have been to Sandals Negril 5 times and this will be my last one. Got food poison at end of vacation and called the nurse and all she was concerned about was me filling out forms to say I refused to see a doctor there and waive them of any liability. They were more concerned about covering their butts than my well being. Been over 13 years since last trip here and must say they have gone downhill a lot, rooms have not balcony or outside windows so everything stays wet all the time. Diving is going downhill and very few fish on reefs that are obviously dying off. Very expensive vacation for what you get. They use to not charge for anything but now charge for resort diving, night dives $80, promote excursions that are very expensive.

My husband and I have been to SANDALS at least 15 times. Each and every one has been a great experience. Our last one was in the SRB in May 2016. We had a small issue with our massage offer. I notified SANDALS after we arrived home. The matter was settled. We have taken friends and relatives with us on our journey and all I have ever heard is what a wonderful time everyone had. The locations are great and the staff members are fun and professional. We can't wait to go back for reunion week.

I booked Sandals Royal Bahamian in March of 2016. I reserved the first week in August. 36 hours before we were to arrive, I read on Facebook that the resort would be closed. I called Sandals in a panic. After about 4 hours of being on hold, and hung up on multiple times, I was told that the rumor was true. Sandals would not assist me, and basically said I was screwed. I contacted my travel agent, and she was able to change our trip to Sandals Montego Bay for an additional $500, and downgraded rooms.

While I was in Montego Bay, I saw many guests posting photos of the Royal Bahamian. THE RESORT WAS NOT CLOSED. Why did Sandals lie? Rumors are circulating that the reason was because they overbooked the resort. I am not happy that I spent $4000 and was basically ignored. I emailed Sandals after I returned, and asked what Sandals could do to keep me as a customer. NO REPLY! I will never book with Sandals again. First and last time. Save yourself the hassle, and book a trip through a company that actually cares! You've been warned!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Sandals finally came back to me and apologised for the delay in their response. They have now offered a free holiday for Luke and his partner to compensate for the problems he had at their La Toc resort. Luke has excepted this offer and hopes to take it up next year.

Paul of Lanzarote, Other on

Original Review

This is my 1st review as I believe in trying to resolve my own problems. In this case this is impossible as Sandals neither talk to you, answer my emails or take my calls. So I think people should know what customer service to expect from Sandals, in a word NONE. This was a very expensive family holiday for 8 family members. My sons and daughter live in different parts of the world and this was going to be a once in a lifetime holiday for all the family together. On arrival (15,30 hrs) we had a wait in reception over 2 hours as our rooms were not ready and they had no idea where to put us. In the end they placed up in rooms at the top of the hill, well away from the main area. They called it a upgrade, but that was questionable. The resort is okay, a little dated as it's 15 years old and in great need of some serious TLC.

My main complaint is not the resort, even though it's not what it is made out to be, so if you do go then go with an open mind. Also, take your credit card as not everything is free and complimentary. My complaint is when my youngest son came down with food poisoning. On the Thursday evening we had dinner at the Japanese restaurant. As a dedicated vegetarian he had a different meal to the rest of the family. The next day he did not feel well, so we called the Sandals nurse. She was very nice and suggest a course of medication. Later that day he became worse, so we called a doctor. At the time, the doctor was unsure of his exact problem, so gave him a number of different medication, including antibiotics. The following day he seems to improve a little, but during that night he had a turn for the worse along with a very high fever.

So the following morning we took him to hospital and they diagnosed my son with Bacterial Gastroenteritis and acute dehydration and admitted him then and there. He stayed in hospital for 2 days and then was allowed back to the hotel, but had to stay in bed and rest. So the long and short of this story is my youngest son, spent 65% of his holiday in hospital/bed and his partner 65% of her holiday taking care of him.

From Sandals reviews you see they inform all complaints should have been brought to their attention on resort, so I followed their advice and had a meeting with their Director of Guest Services (Mr Victor **). He was very pleasant and apologetic to my son's problem. I suggested to him that Sandals may be in the position to offer my son and his partner an alternative holiday as a form of compensation. He fully agreed and assured me he would come up with something prior to our departure. On the last day of our stay I had not heard back so tried to contact Mr **, but he was nowhere to be found. I left my contact details both at the reception and Butlers' Office and was assured he would contact me. Well surprise! Surprise! He never did. I believe the old saying may apply here "Out of sight - out of mind." I therefore emailed Mr ** myself and also sent a copy to Sandal's CEO (Mr Adam Stewart). Neither responded.

It seems their customer service policy is promises guest anything while on resort to keep them happy and after they leave forget them. I spent a lot of money on this very special holiday, which turned out to be a nightmare. The medical bill was over 3000 pounds and my son lost 6 days of his nine days suffer from Bacterial Gastroenteritis. It placed a very negative mood on the holiday for the rest of the family as we were very concerned on our son's well-being. Sandals today have ignored my communication to date or any offer of compensation for my son's illness, hence this review.

We actually didn't visit Sandals - we pre-purchased a surprise dinner for my son and his new wife on their honeymoon. They stayed at Emerald Bay in the Bahamas near the end of June 2016. Due to weather conditions the night of the dinner, they were unable to have the meal served and it was their last night at the resort. Consequently, the resort told them that the dinner would be refunded to the same credit card that it was billed to.

Fast forward a few days - I called on July 3, a Sunday, to the Reservationline. They told me that this would have to go through Customer Service which is only open Mon-Fri. I called the Customer Service line on July 5 at 800-213-7831. They told me on that day that they saw the refund in process and that it could take 5-14 business days to complete.

Fast forward again to July 22. I called the number again after not seeing the refund to my account. The person who talked with me tried to give me the same info, but then I told them that the trip had been completed on July 3. They said that they looked up the account and took my email address, saying that they would have to send it over to the resort for inquiry. They also said that I would receive an email immediately confirming our call - which I did not receive. About an hour later I completed the form at http://www.sandals.com/contact/ and provided the same details, yet again I received nothing throughout the weekend.

So today, July 25, my wife called and asked the customer service person if she could speak to a manager. After asking a dozen times and waiting 18 minutes on the phone, she was finally able to speak to a manager, Lauren **. Lauren told my wife that she would look into the issue and call her back. She did call my wife back a few hours later; however, my wife was told that it would take 2-5 business days for it to show up on our credit card. She also told my wife that they had no record of me ever calling Sandals except for the form that was completed on July 22.

In summary, you shouldn't have to chase down a refund for something like this. A chain as big as Sandals should have better processes in place for this. In fact, the manager stated that the refund should have happened immediately. I can't say anything about the resorts, and I never will since I won't be staying at a Sandals resort now that I know how they treat paying customers.

We have traveled to many Caribbean Islands, but our first stay at a Sandals. Never again! Our room was never cleaned unless we called, food was horrible. Beach chairs were always unavailable. Don't pay the extra price! We were supposed to get a refund but it has been 2 months and nothing! Staff was rude! Will stay with Riu resorts!

Our honeymoon stay at Sandals St. Lucian was disappointing. Lack of beach chairs and what there was, stained and old. Promised honeymoon breakfast in room, requested three times to accomplish. Poor service. Top liquor, not really and what was good, was always out. Shut down pool and beach for video taping one day from 8-1:00 PM. Hard beds, light switch broken, so so clean rooms. Basically, big disappointment. Will not stay at a Sandals Resort again.

We went to Sandals Royal Caribbean for our honeymoon and had a great time. I am in a wheelchair and they found ways to make my stay more accommodating, such as lowering the bed and making a ramp for me to go into one of the restaurants. The staff was extremely friendly and the property was nice and clean. I, we cannot wait to go back!

I paid on my account 3/13/16 and had less than half of the remaining balance left. 3/14/16 at about 12:30am I went to review my account and found that Sandals had added $300.00 more to the account. When I inquired about the additional fees I was forced to submit the original invoice before they would even investigate. Now, the hope was for them was that I could not show proof because they claimed they did not have a copy of my invoice. However, they had all other details of my trip and discounts that I would be receiving. When, I emailed them the invoice I was told that it would have to be reviewed by a manager before I would receive my original balance. Now, Sandals acts if I brought this situation upon myself and having me wait until tomorrow before they apply my discounts. No apologies, just the hope that I would not have produce my invoice so they could have denied my discount.

My husband and I decided to give Sandals one last try and we regret it. The workers were rude, we were given the wrong room (w/out liquor even though we paid for it) and we were told all 12 of the restaurants were booked solid and to eat in the buffet! We have never been treated so poorly and I would never recommend Sandals to any other couples ever again. We could not even get a glass of tea in under 20 minutes. Not to mention we were asked to leave our poolside chairs 2 hours after occupying them first thing in the morning because they were "reserved" for other guests. We both work very hard and it is a shame we had to spend our vacation upset, hungry and on edge.

We decided to go to this all inclusive resort for our honeymoon. WORST TRIP EVER!!! We reserved the private honeymoon suite with a swim up pool that was filled with dead bugs and leaves. The worst part was the apartments behind the pool had windows overlooking our 'private' suite. No baby making on this honeymoon! If you want microwaved food (they called it gourmet), sand fleas on the beach, bees surrounding the outdoor bar, pigeons bathing in the pool and a funky taste in anything ingested using their water, this is the spot for you. WE WERE MISERABLE!!! Our best meals were at Starbucks and Burger King across the street, which were way overpriced.

All Sandals offered to make it right was a lousy 1 night stay at another Sandals which we will NEVER go back to! And they said we would have to remove all negative posts so they can trick more people into this horrible hotel. Until we get a full refund, I'm writing this everywhere. Save your $$ and go somewhere amazing!! This outdated garbage hotel should be condemned, starting with their polluted water tanks they try to hide on property!!!

My review is not about Sandals Ochi Resort. I will be having my wedding at this resort coming up in February. My review is for the individuals at the Sandals Customer Service Call Center. My fiance and I received a complimentary upgrade to a Butler Suite that we took- awesome. We then received notice that we would be getting a credit for the size of our wedding group - even better! We decided to give partial credit to my parents and the rest would be used to stay 2 extra days.

When I spoke to the first representative she informed me this would be no problem, that everything would stay the same for the extra 2 days but we would need to go through the reservations department. Did that. When I asked the representative from the reservations department if everything would stay the same she replied, "Yes." I thought great! She did inform me that there would be a fee to change the flight. I was aware of that. Not a problem. Flight got changed. The representative then tells me the price of the room AFTER the flight had been changed and I was told that everything would "stay the same." Sandals was going to charge us full price for the Butler Suite (that we did not book in the first place and was a complimentary upgrade for booking 28 people with them) for the two extra days.

I spoke to her supervisor who asked if the rep had advised me on the cost of the room. No. She stated that she would review the phone call and call me back in an hour or two. Two hours later, no call. I again called Sandals and was told that the supervisor would need an additional hour or two. Again, no phone call. I called back. Was told this time that the system is down that gives the ability to review phone calls. During one phone call I was told that I was speaking to the same supervisor until the representative slipped up and called herself by a different name.

I was told I would receive a call in 24 hours at the latest. Hour 25 - no call. Had to call again. Was told the supervisor was away. I stated I would call back in 30 minutes. 45 minutes later I called back. This supervisor told me she called the number I gave her and someone hung up on her. There was not an ounce of truth to this. I was by the phone. When I asked for her to give me the number she had called in case there was a mix up, it was the number I was sitting by. She stated that now this is with their director and they are waiting to hear back. Ridiculous.

In this mix of all of this I informed Sandals that we would be happy to downgrade rooms for the additional nights. They told me there weren't any available. I then went online and chatted with a Sandals Representative acting like a new customer wanting to make a reservation for those dates. What do you know - they were available in a much cheaper room!

Also, because of the flight change I was told that I would need to pay $158 via phone. Nothing was mentioned about this being a temporary price. It was the understanding that the flight was booked. I had a voicemail 24 hours later asking to call a rep from the flights department to pay the $158. I called two hours later and was told that it would be $197. I asked how this had changed in the matter of a couple hours when it stayed the same for 24 hours. The rep stated that it is due to flight prices changing. As far as I had known the flight was booked. The rep did go back to the original price but I should not have had to track this so closely. All in all, people book their weddings with Sandals for a stress free experience. This has been absolutely awful. I had a wonderful experience the first time I had stayed with Sandals Ochi so this has been very disappointing especially because this time it is for my wedding.

My wife & I booked a Christmas vacation through our local AAA office to the Sandals Ochi Beach resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica (our 3rd time to Jamaica, we love the country). We arrived at the resort over 5 hours late, thanks to bad weather in Atlanta on 12-24-2015 and thanks to Delta airlines' poor customer service. By the time we arrived my wife was not feeling well. We got checked in and taken to our room. Not feeling well and exhausted from the flight we went right to bed. Woke up Christmas morning, wife felt better, I had the flu, so we did not do much but get some things to eat and set at the pool all day hoping to feel better. Our room was not clean, floor needed mopped, the area rugs were not vacuumed. The mini fridge in the room was stocked, but it had been turned off, so all the drinks were warm.

Saturday, felt somewhat better, so went out to explore the grounds and took the tour of the resort. The girl that gave the tour gave incorrect information about the hours of different places to eat. We tried to eat at one, they were out of hamburgers! We had to ask more than once for clean towels etc. Went to use the gym, which right across from our room. Three treadmills, one worked correctly, the other equipment was not in good condition. No fault of the resort. The wind was high and there were no glass bottom boat tours, sail boats etc. On Monday afternoon, we decided to call our travel agent about leaving early, due to not feeling well and having contacted the nurse and was blown off, she was busy with paperwork on the other side of the resort.

No refunds for unused days, and the front desk person called our room to see how soon we were leaving and why. The amount of advertising Sandals does, maybe they should cut back on ads and clean and update their resorts. Our room needed repainted. There were places where the paint was peeling, the a/c unit leaked on the floor. Even if we had felt better, this was not a great vacation. Definitely will not stay at or recommend anyone stay at a Sandals resort.

My husband and I hadn't had a vacation in a few years and decided to spend Christmas in the Bahamas this year. This is our 3rd stay at a Sandals Resort. We were six hours late getting in because of bad weather in Atlanta. Our room was clean and spacious and our refrigerator and bar was stocked really well. We had dinner at the Drunken Duck Pub (this was Christmas Eve) because we were not there early enough to make reservations (you can only make reservations between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm) at one of the other restaurants. The service, food and drinks were great. The pub was pretty dead and it was only around 8:30. We were exhausted and called it a day. I can't say much for the mattress. It was really hard. We didn't sleep well the entire time we were there. We didn't go on any of the excursions the wind blew pretty hard everyday so we just hung out at the pools. They are not stingy with the liquor if you like to drink.

I had to have them tone it down on mine. We made reservations for the French restaurant for Christmas night. My food was ok but nothing to get really thrilled about. My husband had lamb and after about two or three hours we went back to the room. My husband wasn't feeling well and about 10:00 pm he was very very sick. He spent most of the night in the bathroom. That was about the time we found out we had plumbing problems.

The toilet backed up everyday sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. We had to find a bathroom away from our room a lot. We called every time and they would send someone to unclog it. They never offered to move us to another room. In the morning I called the front desk to let them know he was sick all night and told them what he ate and that he had food poisoning (if you have ever had food poisoning you know it). I told them I was letting them know so that they could prevent anyone else from getting sick.

He went to see the nurse on site and she was really rude to him. He spoke with the Manager as well and he just blew it off and said he was probably allergic to something? Oh and just an FYI during the slow season every night they close two of the restaurants for dinner. You better check to see what restaurants are closed on what nights. The Bahama Bay is the buffet restaurant, the food was pretty decent and they have breakfast and lunch. Sometimes it was closed at night for dinner. We went to the Barefoot by the sand restaurant Saturday night and I was pretty good but I could have gotten the something at Red Lobster. We tried the Italian restaurant on Sunday night and I think it compared to Olive Garden (maybe). They had a pretty lame night life not much going on this time of year. The days were passed just sitting by the pool and having drinks and eating. There were not many people on the beach because of the wind.

I don't think the resort was even half full. Most of the staff were nice but there were some that weren't. They are not much on giving out information of any kind. On Monday my husband and I both felt bad and by that evening we both had a terrible cold. They didn't have much in the way of over the counter medicine and I think we cleaned them out before we went home on Wednesday. Overall I'd say the beginning and the end of the vacation went pretty badly but the middle was good. I guess you could say we were served lemons and made lemonade. I don't think we will go back to this resort again. It just wasn't worth the price we paid (around 6500.00) especially after losing the whole first day and all of the last day traveling.

My husband and I booked a Butler Beachfront Suite at Sandals Montego Bay in August 2015. Based on the website, Sandals Montego Bay looked like the best honeymoon getaway. We were upset to find out upon arrival that the hotel was in the process of pretty large renovations. The contractors were working all day right on the beach. The loud noises and unsightly construction was a distraction while trying to relax on the beach. The main problem we had at this resort was that there was a man selling drugs out of his kayak directly outside of our "exclusive beachfront butler suite". My husband and I could not relax alone because this man was lurking in the waters harassing us. We complained multiple times to management but we were told that Sandals cannot control public waters.

After returning home, I left a review on Sandals website informing them of our complaints. They responded and told me that they would cover two nights at any Sandals for a future vacation. Quite frankly, that's unacceptable. We spent over $6,000.00 for our honeymoon and it was terrible. I've since hired an attorney to handle this matter. I will not be returning to Sandals and I am advising everyone I know not to book there.

Sandals.com commercials are so much louder than television programming. I like to watch CNN live streaming and have to quickly lower the volume on my computer because whenever the commercial for Sandals.com comes on it is so much louder than CNN or any other commercial. It's so irritating. I called AT&T and complained, but they said there is nothing they can do about it. I complained to CNN and now here. Your commercials being that loud are really a turn-off to your services. I will never use your services. It seems like you are a successful company, why do you feel the need to put the volume so high on your commercials?

Terrible customer service. They don't know what they're talking about. Every time I call they told something different, so I booked a vacation with Sandals thinking it would be the best place to go to. So we paid a deposit and an airfare ticket. It was withdrawn that same moment while I was on the phone with Sandals customer service. Me and my partner decided to cancel our reservation the next day because the exchange rate from Canadian dollar to US dollar made a big difference in price so we called to cancel and explained the situation so they cancelled it. I asked them to refund the money the same way they withdrew the money right away. So they "yes in a couple of days you will see it on your account."

5 days later nothing so I called and explained that I need my refund because the exchange rate keeps fluctuating. I don't want to lose money for no reason and they basically said it's not their problem. They only refund the amount in US dollar. 10 days later I receive my money back finally and I had to lose some money just because they waited so long. Terrible customer service. I told them there are people coming from all around the world to you guys with different currencies so they should have some sort of policy to compensate a customer in a situation like this. I did not expect such bad customer service from such a big company. Finally I do not recommend anyone to go with Sandals. They will take your money really quick and easy but if you want a refund be prepared to wait a long time to get a refund and possibly lose money if you're from a foreign country. And they will not compensate for any losses.

Sandals Resorts Company Profile