1.58/5

Caribbean Chain

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

175 Sandals Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

First time staying at all inclusive Sandals in Grenada. Cannot say enough good things. Not only were the staff helpful, friendly and always accommodating but the restaurants were so very nice. Food served was exceptional. Our room was the lower cost room but was much better than expected. Bar was stocked fully. Even had turndown service every night. Anything we needed all we had to do was ask. My husband and I were so impressed we made reservations for next year at the Sandals in St. Lucia.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Stayed 11/13-11/20 2018. This is my second all inclusive experience (1st one was not Sandals). Booked this Sandals because people said it would be worth the extra money... Not even close. Didn't realize there are levels in Sandals. I understand would pay more for butler. Was told there was stocked bar. Yes on 1st day there is juice, beer, water, champagne. Asked to switch out as I don't drink these was told, "No your room doesn't rate that service." T.V. in room was broke for 3 days. Had to unplug it from wall to turn off. Asked several times also left note for housekeeping never responded. It only needed a battery for remote. Toilet overflowed had to find maintenance man to fix. Asked for room service for coffee in AM again told "Your room doesn't rate that but there is coffee in lobby in AM."

I can get room service at Holiday Inn, for gosh sakes, and coffee in lobby maybe at 9:15 if lucky. The room we stayed at was in the Balmoral Village. There was a service desk on the main floor but was told they couldn't help us because we didn't rate their service!!! They are Sandals club?? Where are we?? Had to go to front lobby. Oh yes did I mention that my partners is a loyal member 6th trip to Sandals. They lost points, found points and so on. No one knows what the other is doing. One last thing servers wear "no tipping" buttons. It was very evident, being that our $5500 room didn't rate service, which room number is asked for at every restaurant, who was taken care of and who wasn't. Seen many dollar bills being passed to servers, bartenders.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We were so excited to be attending our daughter’s wedding until we saw our room. We might as well have stayed at a $50/night motel not $500. We were put in one of the older buildings. It was a dungeon. It was dark with two lamps that did not work. I moved the loveseat to see if one of the lamps just needed to be plugged in. The wall socket was taped over and the back of loveseat was damp and mildewed from the window leaking. The bathroom had a small sink. The only light in bathroom was on the ceiling! More darkness.

We reported the lamps being out but they were never fixed other than one bulb being replaced. The lamps rattled around. The description of the room was Caribbean Oceanside. There was no ocean view. We were eventually told that we could have a different room but could not be moved until the day of the wedding at 3pm. The wedding was at 5pm. There was no time to spend moving. The wedding itself was on the beach and quite lovely. However, Sandals photographer did a horrible, unprofessional job. My daughter was in tears after seeing the photo shoot that cost $1600.00! No pictures of her with her father or myself. No photo of the rings.

The guy wandered around aimlessly. Sandals has yet to make that right. They don’t care! They were paid in advance and their solution was to tell my daughter that she keep more pictures! The Sandals DJ played the wrong playlist. Water went out in a bridesmaid’s room and some of the guests' rooms before wedding. People were scrambling around to get showered in friends’s rooms. Other than that it’s a beautiful beach with lots of food and drinks to enjoy. I’ve since been told that there are much better all-inclusive resorts at far better prices in Jamaica. Chalk it up to live and learn.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Okay, I’m going to write a review after my first night! We are here with my husband’s two brothers and their wives. Oddly enough we were all married in the month of November! We started planning this vacation a year ago and booked through Sandals online. We wanted butler service, mobay and most importantly, we wanted in the same villa!!!

We arrived at the airport, my husband and I were treated horribly by customs staff, we did not receive VIP Mobay Service... That We Paid For! We waited in line instead... our family waited an extra hour on us at the airport. It took two hours to get from the airport to our Ochi Resort, we were told at the most it would be an hour and a half by online rep! We arrived, and the appetizers waiting on our room were all meat and I’m a vegetarian... it was on my preference sheet!!! It was 3 pm and we hadn’t eaten since 6 am! I had to ask for club soda in my fridge... it was on my preference sheet! We were all in separate villas!!! My brother and sister-in-law didn’t have water in their villa! We went to dinner at the restaurant in the main lobby of the resort, and sat for two hours to get our food, that wasn’t top quality as advertised! There was one vegetarian item on the menu! So far it’s not looking promising.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

When I booked, the agent said if I book the airline now, she could get me a better deal. I asked her if the airfare was 100% refundable and she assured me that it was. I trusted her. I went to cancel today because of the increase in ** and ** in Jamaica, especially on the Sandals resort. Needless to say, I'm out that money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Room 2013... This was our second trip to a Sandals Resort and the experience was terrible. 3 days without a/c. Concierge was contacted and on the last contact the concierge became very confrontational. Guest service training went out the window. Engineering staff informed management that a/c was not working but chief Engineer insisted it was working. After several attempts to fix a/c we were room changed for the last 2 nights because a/c was not working. Reservations for the exclusive restaurants were hard to get. Had to almost bribe the staff to get into the French restaurant and it was not all that. The Chef at the Japanese restaurant was not impressive and the restaurant at the dock is a waste of time. All this money paid for hamburgers and pizza. Golden Corral has a buffet selection and it is a lot better and cheaper.

However, the Southern Comfort restaurant was great (at least something was). Took a couple of days for Management get involved. Compensation that was offered - 1. a massage for my wife and 2. a 5,000 point equivalent to $150 if we signed a document promising not to post or voice in social media our terrible stay experienced at Sandals Ocho Rios. I have never heard of such a practice. We booked our vacations because of the amazing experience at Montego Bay in 2015. We were offered all the amenities of Montego Bay at Ocho Rios. The salesperson most had been a politician. Nothing like Montego Bay. NOTHING. Resort night life after 11 PM was almost non-existent. I enjoy spending time with my wife but we also wanted to dance and celebrate. Bingo at the local VFW would had been a lot more exciting.

Most of the staff were friendly and welcoming. However, some of the photographers made you feel uncomfortable. Some made comments such as "don't get a ** now" while taking our pictures. These type of comments are not welcoming and humiliating. Coming from a representative of a luxury resort is unacceptable. We spend a lot of money at this resort to be treated like if we were an inconvenience. Don't think we will be coming back to this resort or any other Sandals resorts.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I brought 40 guests to my wedding at Sandals South Coast in May 2018. We spent over 15,000 to have the wedding of our dreams. The place was covered in feral cats and many of my guests including myself came home with hookworms and Scabies. I got pregnant on my honeymoon and was not able to take parasite medication and had to see many doctors to burn the worm out of my leg. I reached out to Sandals asking for compensation and they were not willing to compensate except for 650 dollars off of my next booked trip with them...

I had hundreds of dollars in medical bills and a scar on my leg where my pigment has been burned off permanently. They were not willing to compensate my other guests that came home with hookworms and Scabies. I do not recommend this resort to anyone now. Coming home from my honeymoon pregnant with a worm has been so traumatizing and incredibly embarrassing after finding out many of my guests had the same thing. Please do your research and do not book at Sandals South Coast Jamaica!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

My husband and I booked our honeymoon at the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort. All in all it was a fun trip but definitely didn’t feel like it was worth the money we paid. The staff was great and friendly, our two butlers (Sheldon and Andre) were fabulous to work with. I would give them both 5 stars but the reason I gave a 3 was because the pools weren’t clean, the food wasn’t that great besides the breakfast buffet and the Thia restaurant on island, the bathrooms near the beach were always nasty, the spa was a complete ripoff. I don’t know how they train their massage therapist but it was not like any 60 mins full body massage I’ve ever had. But when you pay $405 for a relaxing spa day you better leave there happy and for me I was so disappointed and felt like it was a waste of time and money.

For water activities I would definitely recommend sailing, the guy who took us out was fun and very kind. Snorkeling was a different story, I’ve never done snorkeling before and I made it clear that I had no clue what I was doing. No real instructions besides, "Here’s your life vest and goggles." I was the last one to jump in because I didn’t want to hold the group up but I wished they actually made sure for the first timers/beginners they explained everything. Needless to say I literally jumped in and got back out. Wished I could have enjoyed it as much as others. Like I said all in all a decent trip but I definitely had higher expectations for a resort like this. Hope this review helps!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We have been on a Sandals Vacation 8 times and I will never go elsewhere for a couple's vacation. Sandals Royal Caribbean x2, Royal Bahamian x2, Grande Antigua, Ochi, Sandals Montego Bay and Halcyon. No complaint and only great experiences!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My husband and I booked a vacation with Sandals Resorts. Unfortunately, he passed away. I called Sandals' customer service for a refund over a month ago. The rep was horrible. Said "it would have been a beautiful vacation" and other inappropriate things. Only after writing another review did they contact me. But here it is a more than a month later and still waiting on a response!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I booked a hotel Jamaica Royal Caribbean yesterday 28 days from now. I thought all Sandals were luxury. After buying it and being excited I got to look at some videos. The hotel seem outdated. Pool very small. Not what I expected. 4 hours after booking I called to cancel. I'm able to cancel my flight but not the hotel. They want to give me 50% of my money 4 hours after I booked. No integrity in this company. I'll never book this hotel again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My wife and I reserved a very important milestone vacation at Sandals Royal Caribbean, Montego Bay, Jamaica for May 19-26, 2018. My wife left in tears. I left feeling cheated and very angry. Luxury Resort at Sandals Royal Caribbean means a room no better than your local Holiday Inn. A vacation at Sandals Royal Caribbean includes the following:

(1) Poor accommodations; (2) lousy food; (3) employees who speak a native Jamaican language you can't understand, but whose faces and tone of speech when they speak to each other shows only contempt for Resort guests; (4) drug dealers selling ** no paddling by on paddle boards no more than a yard away for the resort preventing you from enjoying the beach without drug dealer harassment; (5) loud, disgusting, dehumanizing, deplorable, and disrespectful comedians, entertainers, and rap musicians keeping you awake until the wee hours of the morning every night; and (6) bars that play nothing but "Fifty (sp) Cent" filthy rap song "Shake Your **, Girl" all night.

The old Caribbean where we vacationed many times was a luxurious, quiet, peaceful place where you could sit under palm trees, sip pineapple and rum drinks out of coconuts, and listen to classical reggae music or a tropical steel drum band. At Sandals Royal Caribbean, it is obvious that the business model has rejected the Caribbean vacation Americans long for, in favor of a descent into a world of disgust and debauchery.

If you are under 30 years of age, if you have no brain but only the wild uncontrolled testosterone of a single college frat boy during hazing weekend, if you go alone without a sensitive female who will cry herself to sleep each night and be offended at nothing, if you want to revel in the local street drug dealers, if you want to stay up all night, if you love filthy comedy, if you want to watch young women debase themselves shaking their ** around the resort bars, then Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort is the place for you. This apparently is their business model.

Unfortunately, they have abandoned the thoughtful and decent people who made their business a success. My wife and I couldn't be PAID to return to Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort. Caveat Emptor. We spent $8000 for 7 nights and 8 days. We only made it 3 nights and four days, and had to pay an additional $1,200 to fly home early to escape the horrors of Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The room’s mattress was very hard and the pillows compress too easily. That combination didn’t make for a good night's sleep. If you want a cup of coffee with half and half to power you up from a night of tossing and turning, you’re out of luck. Your options are milk or a non-dairy creamer. Our butler took us to a rooftop gathering upon arrival. The food tins were empty. After traveling all day that made for a case of hungry grumpies. Our butler asked if we wanted a drink, but never return with it. We went to get our own and were told she designated the drink delivery to someone else.

We advised our butler we weren’t happy with the room, as it was directly across from the main lobby. It's also next to a smoking area. If traffic, chatter and smoke aren’t for you, this room isn’t either. They eventually accommodated the request for another Rondoval, which took a number of inquiries despite the alternate Rondoval being vacant. We a lost vacation day between our inquiring and having to unpack, repack and move our belongings. We found the food at this Sandals location disappointing. The beach was swamped with seaweed. This made getting seating at the pool a challenge for some. Pool chaises may have also been in short supply due to “staycations”.

After explaining why we would be leaving two days early to multiple staff on multiple days, they failed to issue the credit they promised for the two days we left early. Between the follow-up associated with switching rooms and meeting with Sandals staff to re-explain our dissatisfaction, we felt we hadn’t had a vacation. The morning of checkout, our bell rang at 2:00 AM, an hour EARLIER than scheduled. Once called the bellmen never arrived. We hauled our own bags in the pouring rain. Upon checkout we found unauthorized charges on our bill for Wi-Fi. They agreed to the credit but couldn’t print out the invoice due to a printer error. We never did hear form anyone regarding the credit and sent a communication to Sandals Corporate. We received an acknowledgment that they were looking into it. Following that, we never heard from anyone period. Shame on you Sandals.

Original review: July 26, 2018

My husband and I went to Sandals Barbados in November 2017. We had a lovely vacation there and decided to book another before we left. We booked through their Loyalty office and was completely mislead. We booked a trip to Grenada for Nov. 2018. We both were lead to believe that our airfare was included in the package. I even asked about our flights and the agent told us we would find out that information at a later date since it was more than a year out. No mention that there would be an additional cost for air fare. The reason we booked while at Barbados was because we were getting a good deal booking a year in advance. So...everyone needs to BEWARE of the deals.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We spent a good amount of money to fly to Sandals Royal Barbados with the expectation it was going to be a good vacation due to the amount of money being spent on this venture. This money was something that we had saved up for years and worked hard to enjoy this one week at Barbados. As we landed, our trip started with having to wait for over an hour until the one van was filled for a 10 minute ride to the resort. Secondly, when we arrived we were to receive an anniversary gift but instead we had go to ask at least 3 times until someone finally agreed to give us one even though we were told at our booking we would get one. At the time of check in, we immediately went to make dinner reservations but could not get in for the first 3 nights yet when we went to these restaurants as scheduled the restaurants were half empty each time (except Kimonos).

On one occasion, a couple was turned away saying they were full and didn't couldn't find their reservation yet there was room for them. As we unpacked and got ready to go out and enjoy our first day, the immediate thing we wanted to enjoy was to go to the beach, enjoy the crystal clear water, and do water sports at the resort but we could not even walk up to the water due amount of seaweed piled up along the beach. Also, you could not see through the water itself because it was brown due the seaweed. The one time I went to lay out on the beach a local man tried to sell me drugs, hit on me and got mad at me when I said no.

In the images shared on their website, it shows a pristine beach with couples enjoying cocktails yet there was no servers on the beaches and no couples due to the beaches. In fact, you couldn't find a server anywhere and when went to get a drink at the bar you needed to wait at least 10 minutes to be served when it wasn't even busy. There needed to be a financial compensation for being mislead to spending your life savings on a Caribbean vacation that was far from the worth of the trip. When we choose to snorkel off of the resort, once again we had to wait one hour after the departure time only to get there to continue to wait. This made each trip hours longer than it was supposed to be and was frustrating to everyone.

As far as customer service it was terrible. Every time we ordered food or drinks the staff was annoyed they had to do their job. We would wait at least 10 minutes for our drinks and the food wasn't that good either. This exponentially made our trip more frustrating as we had dealt with all the other inconveniences and now the basic level of service has become a problem. Next, because we could not enjoy the beach our only option was to go to the pools. While we were at the pools we noticed that only one pool per day would have music or activities despite having it listed on the activity schedule.

We spoke to the music coordinator about not having enough music playing and he said he had asked for permission to play music at all the pools but was told he could not do that due to the older population. We said at least 2 of the pools needed music for most of the day. Instead, if it was playing it was being turned off earlier than scheduled. This is our second trip to Sandals. We were told that our issues would be resolved by the manager at the resort (Brandon?) but they never were. We called Sandals and were told the only way it would be resolved is by sending an email even though we addressed these issues with the manager at the resort. We sent 2 emails within the past 4 weeks and still had no response.

Original review: June 22, 2018

As I sit here waiting for our shuttle to the airport, I figured I’d write my review for this Sandals here in Grenada. I have to say the grounds here are very well kept and the pools and bars are fun. The food, at times, was fantastic and overall had a decent time. Now for my reason for two stars... We booked the honeymoon suite with butler and private pool. For the money we spent, we sure didn’t feel like we got our money worth. Our toilet broke three times, our jacuzzi broke twice, they must have mopped the floors with dirty water because we had to air it out for three hours for the stench to go away. The maintenance workers constantly worked on the AC outside our “private” fence and kept looking at us in our pool. It was not private and very upsetting.

The FAQ’s state you don’t need a power converter so we didn’t bring one and we used the “American” two prong outlet for our items. The outlet fried the hair straightener on day one which they refused to reimburse, sent my electric shaver to operate at double the speed and couldn’t use it all week. The butler consistently told us all week she was working with the manager to rectify the situation and upon checkout told us sorry nothing they can do. The outlet also fried the butler phone charger the first time we used it.

I gave them one of my brand new $70 dress shirts to press and iron before our romantic dinner in the gazebo. Upon receiving it back, they had burned a black line into the shirt with the iron and then tried telling me it was already there. Again, said nothing they can do and would not take any responsibility for ruining my brand new shirt because he talked to butler Jamie who said the line was already there. I can tell you now that an iron burn mark was not on my brand new shirt prior to giving it to them to iron. Laughable. At the end of the day, the place is nice, but the customer service you receive here is sub par at best. Most of the staff is nice, however, the few who are supposed to “take care of everything” ended up making our honeymoon worse.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Booked over phone with Sandals and offered 10% military discount. Upon arrival (May 29, 2018) was told because I didn't bring proof of military duty, I had to pay an additional $330 or not enter. I was made to feel like a criminal - but paid, as I was with my grandchildren. Upon return, I mailed proof of my military service to Sandals and called customer relations directly. They denied my refund saying it was too late. A hell of a way to encourage returns.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Butler Penthouse vacation was the WORST vacation ever. My wife and I arrived on the resort on May 31st and we were looking forward to our luxury Butler package we had bought. The penthouse suite in the Balamora Tower and 7 days in the Bahamas sounds like we had it figured all out. If you want the gist of my experience here: SAVE YOUR MONEY and go ELSEWHERE or ONLY go here without Butler Service.

I wrote to the management team to try and get our vacation back on track, which eventually happened but it was only because I had to complain to management a SECOND time on my birthday, after that on the 4th (which left us with 3 days left on our vacation) did it improve. Essentially Sandals stole the first 4 days of our vacation from us with some atrocious service (the Butler service was a bad joke) and the candlelight dinner on the beach we had would have been better served if I had picked us up some takeout and we sat on the beach with a bottle of wine.

Let me set the stage for you: My wife and I are both professionals and work very hard so we can take a great vacation every year. Both our birthdays and our anniversary happens in the first week of June. So as you can imagine, I do my best to make this week amazing for my wife. This is not our first Sandals experience, but it was by far and away the worst of ALL vacation experiences we had. How bad? Well another couple who arrived when we did literally checked out of the hotel one day after the “butler” experience here. For us, on June 3rd I spoke with the butler manager and told her that if our experience did not take a 180 degree turn we would be leaving the resort.

On May 31st we arrived at the Sandal’s Resort shortly after 12PM and the ride from the airport in the Rolls Royce was very nice. At the resort we were introduced to our first (of three butlers) Lashondra. She was cordial and took us to the butler reception area where we did some initial paperwork and were given a phone to contact our butler anytime between 7AM and 10PM. No problem.

Our butler asked if we were hungry and we were we since it was lunchtime and we had been traveling most of the morning. She took us over to the Royal Café and told us to call her when we were finished. This was our first lackluster meal. The Steak Baguette is a depressing sandwich and the calamari was fairly flavorless. The one stand out of this place is the nacho bar, and even that is not half as good as any decent stateside Nacho bar experience…I will even say that Golden Coral has a better Nacho bar.

So we finished our poor meal and figured whatever let’s get the butler a call so they can get us to our room and we can enjoy some of this Bahamian weather. So we called and Lashondra and she said no problem. She would be right with us. So we waited… and waited some more… and drank some more water… and waited some more. 20 minutes later she arrived. So our first experience with our butler… after being at the resort less than an hour was a 20 minute wait to be shown our room. To give you my perspective at the time: our butler, who is there to make our experience smooth, hassle-free and seamless just made us wait for 20 minutes to show us to our rooms… As far as first experiences go this was very, very poor.

I wish I could tell you that this was the only issue but sadly that is not the case. Our Butler team was Damion, Lashondra and Shavanti. Damion put forth some effort to get us some good service but he was absolutely crippled by his team and what I feel is the poor support infrastructure around the property itself. After our experience with Lashondra I asked her straight up if she was a trained butler and she was honest and told me that no she was not and she had just started the position from working in entertainment. The final butler Shavanti… made it like she was doing us a favor when we asked for something and in literally every instance it was either incorrect, messed up, or took ages to get.

Here is a small breakdown of the various issues: May 31st. Had to repeat EVERYTHING that I covered with Lashondra to Shavanti and AGAIN to Damion regarding the tours we wanted to take, the restaurant reservations we wanted, the spa treatments we wanted, the timing of our candlelight dinner. Pass down amongst our team was horrible.

My wife and I put in a standing order for breakfast: Fruit, coffee, Ham and cheese omelet, 3 eggs over easy, breakfast potatoes, glass of orange juice and hot sauce to be delivered at 7am every morning. Our first morning, the breakfast came at 8am… and was the wrong items. For the entirety of our stay our breakfast was never right. There was always something wrong with it. Hashbrowns instead of breakfast potatoes, no hot sauce, 2 eggs over easy instead of 3, etc. Our breakfast was the perfect embodiment of the lack of attention to detail that we experienced with the entire resort.

The tub. My wife enjoys a jetted soak in the morning before our breakfast. I asked specifically on multiple occasions when I was making this reservation with the Sandals booking agent if the room had a Jacuzzi tub. Was told yes for sure it does. Guess what? No it does not. It is a standard tub with a standard “rain” type shower head. Overall not a big deal just another punch on the list as you will see.

I asked for some sliced limes for our room for some gin and tonics that I enjoy. They brought me lemons. I told the butler I asked for limes. And was told: There are no limes to give you. Which is funny because at EVERY bar we went to that night on the resort they had limes. Served with the fish my wife had for dinner was a sliced lime. I asked for a couple sliced limes and my butler informed me there were no limes to be had on the island… Unreal.

Called Shavanti for some drinks at the pool, a pair of mojitos. She brought them out to us: 23 minutes later. What in the world do I have a butler for if I need to wait nearly 30 minutes for a pair of drinks? I literally could have left the pool, walked across the street to a liquor store, brought the alcohol back and made my own drink in 23 minutes. Once again, service was terrible.

Made reservations for Gordon’s on the pier, Shavanti (our butler) met us there and got us seated. She did not take a drink order from us (which is standard practice for your butler to get you situated before handing you over to the restaurant). Also, here was another long wait. The wife and I sipped on water here for 21 minutes before someone even came up and talked to us for a drink or food order. Luxury is not a 21 minute wait for table service.

June 1st. As stated before we had a penthouse ocean facing room in the Balamora tower. The elevator was broken most of the day here. I don’t know about anyone else, but my definition of luxury is for sure going up six flights of stairs to get to my penthouse room. Absolute lap of luxury. I asked for a bottle of Maker’s Mark to be placed in our room as it is my preferred nightcap. Was told that there was no Maker’s Mark to be had at the resort. Literally every bar that we visited that night had Maker’s Mark. Piano Bar, Royal Theatre, both pool bars, Cricketer’s Pub… all had Maker’s Mark but I was told they needed to order it and it would be in tomorrow… so give me a sifter with some in there or something. I eventually got some Maker’s Mark after they “reordered” it two days later.

We called up Damion and asked for a couple of pizzas from the Bella Napoli near the pool. Was told it will take 45 minutes. These are small personal pizzas… 45 minutes. The cook on these literally takes 8-11 minutes. The wife and I walked past the pizza place to get a drink at the Royal Theater about 30 minutes after calling the butler… And both of our pizzas were there waiting for us. We grabbed them, called Damion to tell him we had them, and then proceeded to eat them… And they were already cold. So who knows how long they were ready for pick up. Like I said butler service was a for sure joke.

This evening I wrote a letter to the butler manager Tamara, with the hope that if I outlined my perception of the problems they would get resolved and I spoke with her after I brought the letter down. We discussed the issues and she agreed that all of them were unacceptable. I asked that I needed our service elevated and she agreed. Having thought I addressed the issue I went back to my wife and tried to look forward to the rest of our vacation. Keep in mind this is just day 1.5 at this time.

June 2nd. We spent most of our time on the private island this day. So, for those of you that do not know while you are on the island (which is one of the best things about this resort) you are 100% without your butler. Butler cannot even go on the ferry to the island. So, to enjoy the best amenity of this resort you have to trade away your high-dollar value butler service. This is something that would have been nice to know on the booking.

Candlelight dinner: I reserved our candlelight dinner about a month prior to our arrival. For our anniversary dinner, it is fairly important to me. Arranged for the private pier on our first day at the resort. Extra $85, but it is an exceptional area and the night is special for me and my wife so for sure I am all about it. Guess what? Around 1PM on this day I was told by our butler that they will not be able to get us the pier. Pretty awesome right? Come to find out a couple that got married that day wanted dinner there and the resort set them up. How do I know? I asked them the next day about the dinner and how did they get on the pier? Asked for it that day they said. You don’t say? So instead of asking us, and my wife and I would have given up our table 100% to them, they took it from us. Our conciliation prize? Read on…

When the server was confirming our order the ONLY thing that was correct were the salads we selected. Nearly everything else was wrong. Here we are with that attention to detail thing. Our appetizers were pan seared scallops. Which came out literally colder than the air temperature outside. Have you ever eaten a cold scallop? The whole melt in your mouth buttery sensation you are looking for is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve. However, the scallops were not over or undercooked and for that I was thankful. No worries I thought the dinner must be better.

Our server was hardly present as in not even on the beach… So we had to get up, go get our champagne and refill our own glasses. 100% luxury there. Our dinner was a piece of over-cooked… random cut of steak that was about as well done as a piece of meat can possibly be and not be burnt and inedible. Both our steaks were terrible. For the record we ordered them medium and medium-well. The vegetables on the plate were grossly undercooked, to the point of being essentially raw. Our lobster tails… so overcooked that they had to be sawed at with a steak knife. And the coup de’etat was the INSTANT MASHED POTATOES. Clearly the conversation I had with the manager hit home on the 1st. Not really.

June 3. Wife and I ate our third consecutive messed up breakfast order. Beautiful start for the day. We are largely creatures of habit. We wanted some chairs reserved for us on the far side of the beach near the water sport area and Windsor pool. Our chairs that were held were on the wrong side… again for the 3rd consecutive day. Also, other butler guests had some nice towel art on the chairs, our towels were just the rolls from the towel area. My wife likes to have some mimosas so we asked for champagne and a couple of cans of orange juice. We were brought a couple glasses of pulp filled orange juice. So, not only was it difficult to pour, but who wants a pulp filled mimosa? The carafe of coffee I ordered did not function. No amount of manipulation of the cap would allow it to pour. See the recurring theme of a significant lack of attention to detail?

As you can imagine after the dinner we had the night before, this to me was just outrageous. I called Shavanti and asked her if she was trying to sabotage my vacation. I then went back to the butler suite to complain for the second time. I advised the manager that if we did not see a dramatic increase in our level of service we would be leaving and I would be seeking a full refund.

At this point in time I literally lowered my expectations to just about the lowest I could and I was hesitant to even call a butler because why bother when I can do it quicker, better, and not have to deal with garbage service? That afternoon we were assigned a new butler team at this time: Zhaly, Denver and Sean. For the first time we were walked to dinner that evening. Our excursions got all squared away. We were given our weekly schedule with all our reservations and excursions planned in it that evening. We never had to repeat a request from here on out. Super special shout out to Zhaly as she is amazing and should be managing butler staff somewhere. Also special shout out to Sean who to me looked and acted like a formally trained English butler. Even Denver elevated the service we got, even though he had a few slips here and there.

In closing, I tipped all 6 butlers $50.00 each at the beginning of their service with us. The last three butlers earned it and I would have been happy to give the second team an additional $50.00 but I wasted it on the original 3. As far as I am concerned Sandals stole from us 4 days of luxury experience and we only got 3 days of anything that I would consider close to a luxury experience. The food at this resort was ok but only Baccarat and Kimono’s was anything approaching a solid culinary experience.

Also how the butlers work. Each team of butlers has 6-8 guests assigned to them. So they have a very difficult job getting everyone taken care of exceptionally… and when I say difficult I mean impossible. If you come here with a very low expectation of service, quality and luxury you will be delighted. If you do not want to lower your expectations go somewhere else.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Stayed early March in Sandals Royal Bahamian. Private island and 2 fine dining restaurants not available though no fault of Sandals. Not enough staff available go for a sail. Spa was overbooked so could not use the "free" services was promised. One butler promised to get back to me with information regarding golf, the spa and shopping but never did. Room had a few minor issues like stained bathtub and nonworking phone.

Sandals seems to be geared to selling us more services like trips, better wine and photography which I found a little annoying after spending over $6000 and not getting all that was promised. Didn't even get the Sandals gift bracelet was promised. Was advised there was no one in customer service or administration in the Bahamas that was allowed to make customer service decisions when I asked for an extra service worth about $50 as a substitute for services they were not able to provide. All future vacations will be to Hawaii using VRBO. 2 weeks in paradise for the same price as 1 week in the Bahamas. Live and learn.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I am never the person that takes time to leave reviews, but since this vacation was supposed to be so special for us, I would hate for someone else to make the same mistake. This resort is disgusting, cracks in walls, a/c won’t cool down, views are not as expected or advertised. Beach area is so small and blocked off. NO ONE knows what’s going on or communicates to keep you informed. We will NEVER book with Elite Travel or travel to Jamaica again.

Original review: May 13, 2018

My first Sandals all inclusive vacation 4/18 through 4/24/18 was very disappointing. Took me 4 years to save $6,000 for this trip for my 65th birthday. My Ocean View room didn’t exist and it wasn’t the room I saw online. I could only eat in their fine dining restaurants on one night. Paid $1,000 extra in fees to enjoy myself by touring, having a massage and a special birthday dinner. If you don’t drink don’t go to Sandals. It was all about the alcohol. The resort closed down by 10 pm. So to bed you go. I complained about room but now I need to write customer service. For $5,500 for room and food was a ripoff at the new resort and feel people need to read reviews before planning a vacation.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Our daughter got married at the Sandals Bohemian Resort in Nassau Bahamas 4/14/18. The resort was ok but DO NOT use the traveling service that books flights for you (Unique Travels). If you book under as a guest it’s a nightmare. We paid but got no confirmation. They sent out confirmation to her fiancé. We waited a few days and contacted the resort and they sent us a copy of what they sent her fiancé. We got no record locator number. We got no information when our flights had changed etc. We missed our flight out and had to buy new tickets through a different airline to get there on time. But the biggest deal is we had to pay them $600 to not cancel our returning flights!!!

We have been nonstop trying to voice our complaints but their customer support is terrible. We have asked for the documents that support. They gave us all the information we needed and they have refused. So it cost us about $2600 to get new flights with different airline to get to the resort and the extra $600 so they would not cancel our return flights home. Horrible experience and because of that along with not having towels etc. in our room when we finally got there... highly recommend doing your research. Not worth the headache or money but wedding was great.

Original review: March 22, 2018

We got married on June 4, 2016 at the OCHI resort in Ocho Rios Jamaica. We were given a wedding planner prior to our arrival and as well as one we got onto property. There were many things that went wrong, especially that I had so many "planners" via email. They were supposed to call you if you needed. That only happened on the first conversation. My wedding planner changed so many times, nobody knew my wishes, some were written down. On property I was also not complete listened to. The magistrate that married us was so rude and only wanted to leave and rush through. (I have a video to prove this). It was a rainy day, I was told by Sandals that they would wait until it was nice enough to be outside. In case it never cleared we would go inside. Due to the craziness of getting ready, and the location, I was about 15 or so minutes late, TO MY OWN WEDDING!!

The planner knew that we wrote our own vows, and my husband was breaking the glass. Yet, she never got that ready. I had to stop the ceremony to get those out of the bag!! The magistrate was annoyed at the time that she kept touching her watch and looking at planner, That she had to go!!! Once my sister gave her a mean look she stopped!! What would happen if it was raining? After my complaining to Sandals they gave me 2 nights FREE to any resort, but yet you have to be on property for 3 so how is that FREE? We never took it, I was also told that if I sign that agreement I can't write negative things about them. At the time we were married they gave us $200 for a future stay, but we had to add the $200 more in order to hold the room.

So we chose 2 years ahead in St Lucia, hoping we could make it. The flights alone will be between $1500-2000 so I decided not to go. I have now asked for my $200 back, which they claim you can always get. I guess I signed a paper that says NON-REFUNDABLE because I made it at the LOYALTY Desk, so how do they treat their "LOYAL" customers, lol. So I am sure if they read this, I will be offered "hush" money. I would rather lose my $200 and pay other resorts my money.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We arrived February 21st. We paid extra money to be met at the airport. No one met us and we had to call the hotel to find out why. The lady from club Mobay took an incident report and said that Sandals had not provided the correct itinerary. We were never given a refund for the service we paid for. The Sandals Inn is very run down and not at all like the pictures. The room decor is from 1965 and the curtains had holes in them. The A/C unit dripped on our heads. ** was sucked into our room on a nightly basis. This hotel walks right out onto a public street. The beach is not private and runs about 15 feet. If you attempted to cross the street you were immediately approached by locals to purchase ** or be hustled. We walked about 100 feet before booking it back to the hotel.

Another incident (there's a security woman at the door at all times). We were on property, waiting for a shuttle to go to one of their nicer hotels for the day and a homeless man walked on the property right next to us. I hid behind my fiancé. He then pulled out of his pillowcase people's old Sandals paperwork and started looking at it. He then proceeded to pull out his junk and pee in front of all the guests waiting for the shuttle. This was the last straw and we complained. The manager on duty said she would make some phone calls and try to get us moved to another location.

She came to us at dinner that night and told us that we could transfer to Sandals South Coast and pay $301 for the remaining 4 days. That they would pay to transport us on Sunday. We said that was great. When my fiancé went to the desk on Friday to make sure our Transport would be ready. He was told, "Oh, we heard about you guys." Then we were told there was some error and that they had known the entire day that South Coast would only take us as $301 a night. We asked why we weren't informed right away and couldn't get an answer. We then got irate and demanded to speak with the GM **. ** could not explain where the other manager got her prices. He finally found us a room in Ochi for $328. They got us a private bus and sent us to Ochi.

We were on the 4th floor and had no water pressure and no hot water most of the stay and we're told they were working on it and that we should write a letter to Sandals and we would get 2 free comped nights. The second evening, we discovered the hard way that we no longer have room service and my fiancé ended up eating 2 apples from the lobby for his dinner because he couldn't wait until 10:30 pm for dinner. There was an incident with a hateful bartender on the 2nd day and my fiancé had words with him. I also attempted to use the restroom by Neptune's and discovered they were all full of toilet paper and bloody paper and wouldn't flush. I did alert the staff nearby.

At this point we haven't received our 2 free comped days as ** said. No refund for not being met at the airport. Before we arrived the Sandals customer service also told me that our military discount had not been applied to our room and that we were due a refund of approximately $300. Have never received that refund either. We also made the error of putting a $250 deposit on another vacation with them, but are now thinking we don't want another experience like this.

Based on all these experiences Sandals should give us 4 complimentary nights and a $300 refund for our military discount. We would also like our $250 deposit back if they aren't going to allow us the comped nights on the next trip.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Sandals, Negril 2/4/18-2/11/18 for the first time and that will be the Last! "True 5 Star All-Inclusive" we would rate as 1 Star! We chose Sandals because for the first time we took a vacation alone without our kids and we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary so we wanted it to be very special and something that we have never experienced before. (We have been in many all-inclusive resorts around the Caribbean.) When we got to the place we were in shock. The place is dated, the room smelled like musty mold, and the rug was sooo dirty it felt like we were staying in some kind of cheap Motel 6. That was just the beginning of our disappointments. We were informed that we don't have Room Service. WHAT? We had no robes/slippers provided. When we asked about it they told us only members of Sandals gets it. WHAT?

You have to basically beg for anything you need like body wash, body lotion, and extra towels."TRUE 5 STAR!" REALLY! Water bottles available only in the room or front desk. Beach chairs were always unavailable unless you're waking up at 6:30 am to put your personal stuff on them or pay the beach security guy the night before. The world class chefs that they promised in the commercials you'll never get to taste that food. The food at best is 3 stars! If you're looking for a friendly and happy staff you're definitely in a wrong place.

For the money they charge you would expect what you see on the commercials ultra exclusive and luxurious experience BUT what you find is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! Don't waste your money on Sandals. There are many all-inclusive luxurious resorts out there that we will be going back to again and again. We are NEVER coming back to Sandals again! The place is a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!! New City, New York. Location 3 stars. Rooms 1 star. Service 1 star.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We stayed at Sandals Bahamas 1-26-18 through 2-3-18. At first it was so refreshing to be anywhere other than snow! However, it was fairly cool the week we stayed with a few cloudy days and windy. Probably high 60s or low 70s. Since it was a bit cooler it would have been nice to have the pool heated. No one used it! Even on the warmer days very few people used it. My husband went in the ocean by the dock and it smelled like sewage! On the last day there we let the bellman take our luggage down early. BIG MISTAKE! When we got home all of my jewelry was gone!

Emailed the manager and after a few emails back and forth they shut me down by saying, "I talked with Paul, the bellman, and he denies any tampering with your luggage". Seriously... like he's going to own up to it! We are 100% sure this happened in the 1 hour the bellman had our luggage. Don't go to this resort. If you do, keep your luggage in sight at all times! The manager of this resort doesn't care about you or your experience. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My boyfriend and I were traveling to Sandals Resorts last September for a short Bahamian getaway. We were also traveling to another resort on Nassau for the second half of our trip. Unfortunately, Hurricane Irma disrupted our arriving flights (postponed by a day and then cancelled) and outright cancelled our return flights completely. The Island was evacuated during this hurricane.

Sandals Resorts was absolutely horrific to deal with and not only refused to refund our money (while the other resort refunded our money quite easily) they would not provide us the necessary documentation to receive compensation from travel insurance provided on my credit card! First, Sandals offered to delay the trip by a week until after the hurricane passed. This is not how vacations work, however, and as I couldn't take off a second week from work, this did not work as a solution. After politely explaining this, Sandals simply said that there was nothing else they could do.

In order to receive compensation from my credit card company, I needed to have a letter from Sandals, on their letterhead, saying that I wasn't able to stay at their resort because of the hurricane and confirm that they wouldn't reimburse me (this record is important for the credit card claim so people do not get compensated twice for a travel disruption). It took MULTIPLE emails to get Sandals to finally respond to this request and they wrote "This is to confirm that ** did not check in. This was due to Hurricane Irma. We did offer them credits and hope to be able to serve them soon."

The credit card claim cannot be filed if there are outstanding credits so I wrote back asking for a revised letter with the expiration date on the credits. Again, after multiple days (perhaps weeks) and reminder emails, they wrote back that the credits expire after a year. This was NOT what they communicated to me initially; they said that we could shift our trip by one week. With the expiration date of a year, I would need to wait until the credits expired to receive compensation from my travel insurance through my credit card company. They suggested I ask Sandals to provide me a letter indicating that I had forfeited the credits. I wrote back to Sandals and after weeks, I received an email stating that they could not fulfill this request. I explained that I was not asking for compensation from them but just to forfeit my credits so I could avail myself of the travel insurance but they said that they still could not.

After months of emailing and calling, I finally was put in contact with a kind soul who let me know that despite the fact that they wrote the letter regarding the credits, there was no record of the credits in their system. He gave me an email to reach out to and I ultimately was able to get an email saying that my trip was cancelled so I could provide this to my credit card. This ordeal took six months and dozens of emails and calls. I always explained the situation respectfully and politely, often in tears, stating clearly that I was not asking Sandals for compensation, but that I only wanted them to provide a simple letter so I could receive my travel insurance coverage.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I was a guest at Sandals Bahamas. I had just put my towel and personal belongings on a chaise and was walking around the pool. I turned around and noticed a man and a woman sitting in my chaises. I walked back around and asked nicely if they could move that these were my chairs. This occurred on 2/1/2018. The man first 2 words out of his mouth were, "You **. Get the ** out of here. I am going to throw you in the pool you **." If he said ** 1 time he said it 30 times; then the woman chimed in cursing and making fun of my physical appearance. I weigh 100 lbs and I am 5'3" tall. (I am a disabled handicapped person.) The man said "oh you must be an American" (although he had no accent I thought he was also an American).

This went on a couple of minutes so I reached in to get my towel and the woman PUNCHED me in the arm. Then I went and got security Officer ** witnessed their language and behavior. Security officer ** explained they were my chaise. That is the policy. If there is a towel then it is reserved. Then the man said they would leave. I was standing 3' away from him with my arm holding the umbrella and next to the Security Officer ** and the man 6'1" tall 200 lbs stood up and BODY CHECKED ME. I fell over a chaise on to the ground. The Security Officer said, "Now that is ASSAULT". There were 2 people I do not know that witnessed the incident and the man tried to help me and they verbally attacked him.

Finally the man & woman leave. The police come and file a report for Criminal Assault on 2/2/18. The man was arrested and released. The onsite GM and MGR NEVER came to me and asked if I was ok. The man and woman that ASSAULTED ME were allowed to stay at the resort. They were not asked to leave in spite of the assault. I have made several calls to the resort to the GM GARY ** AND AS OF THIS WRITING 2/5/18 HAS NOT CALLED ME BACK. Gary ** will not allow the Director of Security Prince ** to release the statements of the independent witnesses (the **), The Security OFFICER ** or the names of the Man & Woman that assaulted me.

I cannot believe they were allowed to stay on property with no ramifications of their PHYSICAL AND VERBAL ASSAULT ON ME (A DISABLED WOMAN) AND to date no contact from Sandals to see how I am. This is disgusting and disgraceful to see a guest assaulted and do nothing. Gary ** the general manager is a disgrace. He has ignored several calls and my husband's in person request for the statements. Our friends stayed 2 extra days. They tried to get the incident report and they were told it was none of their business. #BOYCOTTSANDALS

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Sandals Resorts is into the business of selling dreams. I am booked for my wedding this year August and all the red flags are out. They ask you to pick an inspiration, but fail to tell you that not all inspirations are at each locations. I found out the hard way, so to make the correction. They tell me to split my trip and pay the difference. It's only $1000. What the hell! It's only money and they want it all. Truly sorry I change it from here in New York, it doesn't cost as much for dinner $120 plate, just a scam.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

This does not even deserve one star. My Husband and I had reservations for a vacation with friends to go to Sandals in Barbados. We had to cancel due to my health. I have Multiple Myeloma and had a transplant. Due to my immune system. I am not allow to be in crowds, public pools, etc. I have a lot of restrictions now. I tried to get a refund on the airfare from Sandals customer service. They refused and said we only have until Oct to use these tickets plus they will deduct $150 each for cancellation. I asked them if they had any kind of medical exception with my Dr letters. Offered them my entire medical file. They have no rules for an unexpected medical issue such as Cancer. Now they have kept $600 of our money for their benefit. Never Again would I even think of doing business with Sandals or JetBlue.

Sandals Resorts Company Information