1.63/5

Caribbean Chain

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

185 Sandals Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We spent over $10,000 attending Sandals Royal Bahamian for our Honeymoon, wanting to have a relaxing time after an extremely busy year. Unfortunately, the end of our stay put a huge damper on our honeymoon when my husband had to step in as security for the resort to prevent other guests from being harmed by a huge and belligerent guest who was drinking, doing drugs, and threatening others. My husband (a large man himself and a former Marine), felt he had no choice but to try to deescalate the situation when the guest was threatening and putting his hands on another guest and family. The guest ended up pushing my husband when he tried reasoning with him, and then barricaded himself, my husband and 2 other guests in the bathroom, not letting them out and threatening to "get wild."

Obviously terrified, we asked for security and out came one 90 lbs woman along with an older heavy set man who did not help at all. THAT WAS THEIR IDEA OF SECURITY. At that point, I felt I had no choice but to call the police, and the woman "security" guard refused to give me the Bahamian version of 911's number because she did not want the attention. She would have rathered my husband end up in the hospital so they could just cover it up later. I ended up calling anyway in fear that my husband and other guests would be badly hurt by this man who was basically holding them hostage in the bathroom. Once the belligerent guest heard I had called the police, he let them out and went back to his room (probably because no one wants to go to jail in a foreign country).

The General Manager of the resort, Lucky, also was called. However, the police did nothing (wouldn't even file a report even though they showed up with machine guns), and once the GM finally decided the guest needed kicked out (before they were saying they couldn't because he was a "guest' too), they could not control him and were afraid of him as well. I could not believe that the resort had no security measure in place for something like this. We did not want to spend our honeymoon and $10,000 for my husband to keep others safe and be afraid for our safety.

When I brought this up to the GM, he said it was due to a "lack of talent on the island." They market the resort as safe, secure, and luxurious when in reality, if something happens law enforcement and the resort will do nothing to keep you safe. The GM told us he would make it up to us and we wanted to give him the chance to. However, he then offered us 1 free night to come back which is completely unacceptable and does not cut it. In my opinion, the GM Lucky should be paying my husband for his security work that night. Don't think that because you are on a resort that you are safe. They give you that impression but it is false.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My partner had an emergency and was unable to fly and attend the $4500 trip. Upon my arrival, I was treated with hostility and disrespect. There is no regard to customer service at Sandals. I was told that I would not be allowed to stay at the resort and had to find other accommodations because I was traveling alone. I had flown all day, I was not offered lunch, dinner or even a bottle of water. Had to contact Delta Vacations and received help finding other hotel that I had to pay for, again! I will go out of my way to refuse and boycott anything Sandals in the future. Sandals Resorts is the Worst! Get treated like a second class citizen with your own money. Disappointing and embarrassing at best.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

If you don't read the fine print you will find this out the hard way. Sandals charges you about the same price as the airline does for main cabin... Then you find out they have actually booked you BASE Economy which is basically, charge for luggage, no reserve seats, no guarantee that you won't get bumped. So it's a much lower value ticket than what they charge you... End of the story. My wife and I going on our 40th anniversary trip, but of us Platinum Level Delta, will be seating apart, in the back, middle seats. So I no longer see Sandals as a TOP agent... Good resorts but watch your back.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Been coming to Sandals for years, always gave it rave reviews, this trip, not so good. Let me start by saying our butler Nicole is the very best. Ask for her, she goes above and beyond. First night exceptional, not sure we booked the room we got but it works. Walkout butler suite beachfront, thought we booked the larger room but we had to switch dates so maybe the mix up happened then. Either way service and food is great. Our bed night 2 we noticed sheets were stained, looked like blood (not from us) butler immediately had housekeeping come. They came but room they kept sheets in was locked so she the housekeeper had to call our butler to unlock her area where sheets was. She kept our door open for the 30 minutes we waited for the new sheets (maybe it’s policy that they keep door open) but apparently from the door being open our room got infested with sand flies. My wife got bit during the night 20 times! Horrible raised bites.

Our butler offered to go get my wife Crete (at our cost) and had room sprayed. We had to stay out of room for 1 hour which was no big deal. After bug spraying we still noticed a few flying around, that night again bitten 10 times and up itching most of the night. We now are upset, and vacation is not enjoyable. We asked for a different room, first conversation was can’t get new room until the next night, we said, "That won’t cut it for us," waiting to see what they come up with. More to come! Sadly on our first night prior to now 40 bites, we already booked our next Sandals at a penthouse suite at Royal Bohemian. Depending on what they do, we may cancel next trip and go to the competitor which I never thought I would say.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Below is an email written upon our return from Sandals Royal Bahamian. We submitted it to our travel agent who offered to try to get resolution before we decided to post our review on various sites. After two months, Sandals idea of a resolution was to offer us 500 points to use for another Sandals vacation. I would not go on another Sandals vacation for free.

Friday, November 16, 2018 - Upon arrival with two other couples we were escorted into the main lobby for a lengthy check-in of approximately 45 minutes. Our greeter, Lee, spent most of this time apologizing for this long wait. When we were finally issued a key and escorted to the room we discovered luggage that did not belong to us. More apologies as the staff searched for our luggage. Mind you, only three sets of luggage came off our van transport from the airport. While the staff searched for the luggage we toured our room to discover that the much anticipated "Windsor Honeymoon Oceanview Club Level Suite", room 1310, had a very limited ocean view. In fact, you can only see the ocean from the far right corner of the balcony. Very misleading and disappointing.

We immediately approached the concierge desk to request a room with an ocean view and although the reservations could clearly show who was arriving and departing, we were told we had to come back the next day to see what may be available. We were told to lightly unpack so if a room became available we could change rooms. After returning to room 1310 to situate our belongings, we relaxed before heading to Spices for dinner. When we arrived at approximately 6:15 pm, we were told that there was a 45 minute wait. This was the first of many times that we found the wait times were much longer than the hostess communicated. When we were finally seated we observed many open tables indicating that the restaurants were either understaffed through lack of available employees or by poor planning. In addition, napkins were not provided until we asked for them halfway through dinner.

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - We started the day with breakfast at Spices. We were offered Mimosas that never arrived. After finishing our breakfast, Larry had to leave his seat to track down our server to inquire about the status of the Mimosas. After breakfast we checked with the concierge regarding the availability of a new room. We were offered room 1419 which provided the advertised ocean view. We packed our luggage and brought it to the concierge desk by 11 am as instructed. We were told that room 1419 would not be available until 1:30 pm at the earliest. We were allowed to bring our luggage into room 1419 instead of leaving it at the desk.

A shame that our first observation in room 1419 was ripped carpet as we entered the living area. We would now be without private quarters for 2 and a half hours. We inquired about dinner reservations with the concierge only to find out that they were fully booked Friday and Saturday. The first available was Sunday night at either 5:30 or 9:00 pm. We did make a reservation for 5:30 on Sunday at Baccarat and one on Monday at Kimonos for 7:00 pm. We decided to make the most of our 2 and a half hour wait by heading to the beach. To our dismay, after a thorough search of the premises, we were unable to find any clean towels and had to go back to the front desk to ask for towels. Again, many apologies. Arriving at the beach we found it to be very small and crowded. There was very little space between occupied chairs.

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - Breakfast at Baccarat also included a very long wait. Upon seating we were once again offered Mimosas that never arrived. After we ordered our food, two other tables were seated. These tables were able to order, eat their breakfast and depart before we were even served our breakfast. When our open-face omelette and French toast came to the table, the omelette was room temperature and the French toast was cold. We did not send the food back because we already found ourself spending too much time waiting in lines and for food instead of having fun or relaxing on the beach.

At one point we bumped into Lee who asked about our stay so far and when we expressed our disappointment he summoned his manager. She only offered apologies and asked that we give her "opportunity". She also stated that we would get a call from food service because these poor restaurant experiences "should never happen." We never received a call throughout our entire stay. On Sunday, Larry found out by accident while speaking to Jade at the main lobby that she was our personal concierge which we didn't even know we had. Also, he overheard from another desk clerk that there were many tours available of which we were not informed.

The island boat provided to the "private island" does not have enough departures and arrivals nor did the crew adhere to the schedule as posted on the board at the dock. The crew seemed to come and go at their leisure. Example, one boat was leaving the pier at 9:30 am. The first posting is 10:00 am. There was a mass of people waiting for the boat with no semblance of order. There should have been an attendant to organize a line and inform passengers of wait time. In addition, we heard that there were non-Sandals guests who were vying for seats on the boat who had come from cruise ships or other resorts. As we approached the island on the boat we were told that the private island was in reality, shared with some other entity and that we must stay to the right of the concrete wall.

While on the island we decided to have lunch at Schooners at 1:40 pm. The hostess said the wait time would be 45 minutes but gave us the option of take-out which she stated should be only 15 minutes. We decided on the take-out since we wanted to make the 2:50 boat ride back to Sandals for our complimentary photo shoot at 4 pm. After waiting 42 minutes, we were told that the rum cake was the hold up. After another 8 minutes we were finally given our lunch and the rum cake and told NOW that our appetizer was not ready. We took the food we had to a nearby bench seat and I waited to eat as Larry went back to check on the appetizer.

When he returned with the appetizer we opened our take-out containers to eat. Within two minutes we noticed that the boat crew had approached the dock earlier than scheduled. We quickly inhaled our meal so that we would be able to get a seat on the boat. As we approached the dock we realized that the line was too long and we would not get a seat. We had no option other than to wait for the next boat. We realized that we were not going to make our 4:00 photo shoot because the next possible departure from the island was 3:50 pm. As a side note, If we had been initially told that the food would take an hour we would have relaxed on the beach (as vacations should be) and came back instead of waiting around the restaurant area in the hot sun.

Sunday night we attempted to go to Gordons, a non-reservation restaurant, only to be told that the wait was an hour and 15 minutes. There again we cited that there were many open tables only to be told by the hostess that those were reserved for couples with a butler. Instead of waiting more than an hour we settled on the Crystal Room.

All of these disappointments were within 24 hours of our arrival. We have been to many islands that included stays in Sandals Montego Bay and Dunns River, Beaches at Turks and Caicos, Rosewood Resorts on Virgin Gorda and St. Johns as well as many resorts that were not all inclusive. We had experienced more disappointment in the Sandals Royal Bahamian in two days than we had in all of our other travels combined and there was more to come. In addition, throughout our stay we overheard many conversations of other disgruntled guests.

Monday, November 19, 2018 - A second chance at the island with experience under our belt we approached the hostess for lunch at an earlier time closer to 1 pm and was told the wait would be approximately 15-20 minutes. Again this was unnecessary because there were many open tables. During our lunch we noticed that there were about ten couples experiencing the same situation that we had encountered the previous day waiting more than an hour although eight table were open.

Monday evening at 5:30 pm we called room service to order a cheese plate. The phone rang 20 times with no answer, we called the concierge desk and was told the room service number we dialed was correct and they transferred our call only to have it ring 20 times again. Larry reluctantly took the elevator down four floors and walked the entire length of the building to the front desk and spoke with Johnny, the concierge. Johnny remembered transferring Larry's call and said he would try the call himself. When Johnny dialed the number and it rang for the first time, he handed Larry the phone. On the 15th ring, Larry turned the phone toward Johnny and let it ring five more times and asked when HIS patience would be exhausted. Johnny agreed, hung up, and tried some other number and reached a person who was finally able to accept the room service order.

Later that evening at Kimonos the hostess was unable to locate another couples reservation even though they had confirmed the reservation three times. This delayed our seating because they were one of the six couples that each hibachi grill accommodates. The lady was absolutely livid and at her breaking point about her entire stay. We were all finally seated but none of us should have to experience the lack of service and frustration we all endured at a so-called "5" star resort. Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - Our expectations diminished and our patience exhausted we decided to just lay on the beach and drink. If we did nothing then nothing could go wrong. The only service we hoped to request was from housekeeping, however, they never answered the phone.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - On our final day at Sandals, based on our experience with the resorts prior mishandling of our luggage, we walked our luggage out to the curb and we watched it get loaded onto the bus. As the bus pulled away, one of the passengers thought he noticed one of his bags still on the sidewalk and informed the driver. The driver reluctantly turned the bus around while arguing that many suitcases look similar and questioned whether the guest had identified his luggage prior to departure. The gentleman confirmed that he had identified his luggage and when the bus returned to where the baggage had been loaded it was in fact still there on the curb along with another couple's luggage. Thus making this vacation a debacle from the first minute to the last.

Other notes - The billiard room contained two billiard tables. One of the tables was off level and allowed all shots to veer to the right and the billiard balls themselves were chipped; had divots. An easy fix. Level the table and purchase two new sets of billiard balls. The billiard room was uncomfortable and not properly ventilated. The ceiling fan provided no relief. Each guest that spent time in the room had the same complaint.

Sandals Royal Bahamian website advertises robes in every room, none were provided in either room 1310 or 1419. A bathroom door should separate the sleeping quarters so that the entire area is not lit up in the middle of the night when someone is sleeping. Staff should resolve issues and accommodate guests instead of the guest continually having to approach the staff at the lobby desk. Service was exceptionally slow (not just island time) and very lackluster, almost disinterested. We spent hours and hours of our vacation waiting in lines and for service, while getting frustrated time and time again. We experienced more stress on vacation at Sandals Royal Bahamian than we would in a typical work week. Highlights - Mercedes and Darius were excellent servers.

This was a surprise birthday gift to Larry. Imagine my frustration and disappointment when I watched all of my expectations fall apart. Larry had to be the one to resolve what he could because I was beside myself. We will never recommend Sandals Royal Bahamian to anyone, instead we will discourage anyone from going on a Sandals resort vacation through Yelp, my travel agent, word of mouth and other various social media. We intentionally took no pictures advertising Sandals or purchased any merchandise promoting Sandals.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Spent nearly $7,000 on a trip to St. Lucia 5* resort at Sandals. Dec. 2018. Food was never hot, cold food was NOT Cold. Fruit flies were in all the fruit, Nothing was covered. The cats and birds in the restaurant were horrible. Our room was no better than a cheap motel room. We upgraded because we were told that we would have all inclusive alcohol beverages. You do not have to upgrade for that, they are included for everyone. Our room was stocked with liquor that we do not drink and could not change it. Most of the food was not fit for consumption. Food poisoning written all over it. The gift shop charged $30.00 for suntan lotion. Sandals refuses to give an email address for the corporate office. Do NOT waste your money. Plane tickets could have been bought a lot cheaper without having them exclusive. It cost me an extra 500.00 to upgrade our plane seats to have more leg room.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

BEWARE! We were at the Sandals Riviera on our honeymoon. We went snorkeling the first 2 days we were there. On the 3rd day we both came down with MICROPLASMA PNEUMONIA. That's not your everyday cold. The Sandals staff advised us to go to see the Sandals doctor. The doctor administered antibiotic injections to each of us and gave us a Z-pak. THE COST WAS $1500.00 PER PERSON. REALLY The doctor advised us to seek medical treatment immediately upon returning to the USA. The snorkels smelled moldy and dirty. We asked if they had been disinfected and they said that they were washed with MILD DETERGENT AND VINEGAR. They were stored on the boat in wet dirty lockers. We ended up with sores in our mouths.

If the snorkels and the snorkel tubes were not the cause of the infections then there must have been a problem with an unsanitary environment in the kitchen, the staff not washing their hands or maybe eating utensils and drinking glasses were to blame. Nevertheless we were extremely sick and required over a month on various antibiotics before we were healthy again.

We were lying at the pool one day and noticed that the pool water which had been clear when we arrived had become very murky. You no longer could see the bottom. We told the pool staff and they did nothing to rectify the problem. We never saw anyone test the pool water or add chlorine. It looked like a cesspool at the end of the day. The bacteria count must have been over any acceptable health dept. standards. If they have any??? Sandals is not a resort that cares about its guests' health.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Tonight is our last night here, it is my 3rd full day of food poisoning. We only had a day and a half of normal, healthy vacation. This was supposed to be a special birthday week for my husband. This was a big deal trip. Positives: easy transportation to and from airport, club or butler level gets you a good view and room service, pizza is good. The facts: on December 20th we ate at Kimonos with another family of 7. 3 of us ended up with Food Poisoning because of our menu picks. My husband only had stomach/bathroom issues. The 3 of us were bedridden for days.

On December 21st I asked my husband to call medical since my pain and sickness was not improving. The nurse did not come, she told my husband to buy $61 worth of medication (which he did) and told me that it would cost ME $200 to get a Dr (I told her I had food poisoning). December 22nd, my husband's birthday. Stayed in bed. No food, barely could keep water in.

December 23rd, still sick. Ate crackers and water. I Contact the manager in afternoon. 5 p.m an assistant office manager contacts me and tells me I need to prove I have food poisoning on my own dime for the hotel to believe I have poisoning (I then made him aware of the 2 others in the dinner group) and he told me there is nothing he can do. After that conversation I had enough adrenaline to take a shower for the first time in days and after I am dressed he happens to stop by. I answer the door, grab his card and told him I want to meet with Matthew, the manager tomorrow morning before leaving.

I am coming from a career of 20 years in 5 star hospitality hotels and four diamond restaurants. I have never treated my customers like this and being in the customer's shoes for the first time in this scenario, it is saddening. I have not experienced five star quality service and this is my first bad review. In addition to this disaster and not getting our money's worth and husband's birthday ruined: 1) Will be going to hospital on "my dime" on Christmas Eve/day back in the States after our 16 hour flight since still in discomfort and pain. 2) Found someone else's dirty socks under bed in room. 3) Need to have your luggage and stuff out of room by 10 a.m. (even though checkout is 11).

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My husband and I picked Sandals Antigua for our honeymoon destination and we couldn't be less impressed. We came for a 10 days getaway on 17th November. When we arrived we noticed, that they are playing Christmas songs all the time. We have mentioned it to a couple of staff members, but we have heard responses like: "It is a commonly known fact, that in the Caribbean they start playing Christmas songs since mid November" (it's not true, we have been outside the hotel and haven't heard any Christmas music) or "We are playing Christmas songs, so that you get into Christmas spirit and buy Christmas gifts." We were also told that customers are expecting to hear this kind of music. We haven't really met anyone who was satisfied with this choice. I doubt that anyone who comes to Antigua is actually hoping to hear this type of music and especially not six weeks before Christmas.

After two days of this nonsense, I finally emailed UK customer service and they have changed the music, but it took a lot of my effort and discomfort. Music, however, wasn't the only downside of our stay in Sandals. This place is rather expensive and it doesn't really seem like you are getting the kind of experience you would hope for. Yes, the beach is nice and clean, but the food, except for the sushi place is rather bland and mediocre. All the drinks are just full of sugar, the juices they use come from tap water mixed with colored flavoring and frankly they are not juice!

The housekeeping and bar staff spends most time chatting to one another, rather than doing any work. Usually, there are five people behind the bar and one is actually doing any work. On many occasions, I have been waiting for them to finish their chats feeling like an intruder. In the evenings the restaurant stuff practically kicks you out from the restaurants. We went to the Japanese place, where we were set down with a bunch of strangers and neither the waitress nor chef made this experience pleasant. I and my husband left as soon as the food was finished, but the rest of the guests stayed for a drink and they were kicked out and had to walk out of the dark restaurant because staff switched off all the lights. They were people in their 60! They had to use flashlights to walk down the stairs in order to not break their legs. I thought it was outrages and rude.

We wanted to start a diving license for my husband, but after watching the PADI video he got a bit scared and decided to cancel it, for that experience we were told we have to pay 20% cancellation fee, but in the end, we paid $200. I went and complained about the fact that this is not what we signed the receipt for, and was told that this situation will be investigated as I was never even-handed in the receipt I signed (for 20%) not for $200, the manager took my email address and was meant to email me back, but I never got any response. Also, the lady at the front desk of water sports was really rude. This was also mentioned to the manager, but again no response.

The staff, in general, wasn't very friendly, this is something that most of the guests, who have been to other Sandals kept saying. They said this was the least friendly experience with that company, that they had so far! We were constantly harassed by things that they tried to sell to us. Spa appointments, next trips, memberships. We have been getting phone calls, letters to our room as well as staff members coming over to us and asking as if we want to use any of their promotions at least couple of times per day! One of the ladies we met signed up for a seaweed treatment and was informed after she changed, filled in all the paperwork and was just about to receive the treatment, that they will give her a coffee one instead, which wasn't what she booked herself for.

I did send my feedback to the customer service after I returned from the holidays. I was told that they will investigate all the departments and will respond to me in 28 days. The General Manager emailed me back, but he didn't seem to bother to review anything I mentioned. I think he just waited a few weeks to tell me that he is sorry but didn't even say if he spoke to any people I mentioned in my email. And basically just said that this is my opinion. In all honesty, this is just a huge disappointment and waste of money! The entertainment in the hotel is tacky and boring, the food and service are mediocre and I would rather stay somewhere and have a car so I could see different beaches and enjoy the nature and try some local food. I will never travel with Sandals again!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

After reading some of the reviews I felt I had to put a few words about Sandals based on our experiences. My wife and I have been frequenting Sandals resorts for many years and enjoyed over 190 nights at various Sandals in the Caribbean. Our experiences have always been one of total relaxation amoung staff who have gone out of their way to fulfill all our needs. The level of professionalism and attention to detail shown by each member of staff makes you want to return again and again. If you want to enjoy that special vacation while being looked after by your own personal butler and resort staff that are really passionate about making your stay the best it can be then Sandals is the place to be.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

First time staying at all inclusive Sandals in Grenada. Cannot say enough good things. Not only were the staff helpful, friendly and always accommodating but the restaurants were so very nice. Food served was exceptional. Our room was the lower cost room but was much better than expected. Bar was stocked fully. Even had turndown service every night. Anything we needed all we had to do was ask. My husband and I were so impressed we made reservations for next year at the Sandals in St. Lucia.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Stayed 11/13-11/20 2018. This is my second all inclusive experience (1st one was not Sandals). Booked this Sandals because people said it would be worth the extra money... Not even close. Didn't realize there are levels in Sandals. I understand would pay more for butler. Was told there was stocked bar. Yes on 1st day there is juice, beer, water, champagne. Asked to switch out as I don't drink these was told, "No your room doesn't rate that service." T.V. in room was broke for 3 days. Had to unplug it from wall to turn off. Asked several times also left note for housekeeping never responded. It only needed a battery for remote. Toilet overflowed had to find maintenance man to fix. Asked for room service for coffee in AM again told "Your room doesn't rate that but there is coffee in lobby in AM."

I can get room service at Holiday Inn, for gosh sakes, and coffee in lobby maybe at 9:15 if lucky. The room we stayed at was in the Balmoral Village. There was a service desk on the main floor but was told they couldn't help us because we didn't rate their service!!! They are Sandals club?? Where are we?? Had to go to front lobby. Oh yes did I mention that my partners is a loyal member 6th trip to Sandals. They lost points, found points and so on. No one knows what the other is doing. One last thing servers wear "no tipping" buttons. It was very evident, being that our $5500 room didn't rate service, which room number is asked for at every restaurant, who was taken care of and who wasn't. Seen many dollar bills being passed to servers, bartenders.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We were so excited to be attending our daughter’s wedding until we saw our room. We might as well have stayed at a $50/night motel not $500. We were put in one of the older buildings. It was a dungeon. It was dark with two lamps that did not work. I moved the loveseat to see if one of the lamps just needed to be plugged in. The wall socket was taped over and the back of loveseat was damp and mildewed from the window leaking. The bathroom had a small sink. The only light in bathroom was on the ceiling! More darkness.

We reported the lamps being out but they were never fixed other than one bulb being replaced. The lamps rattled around. The description of the room was Caribbean Oceanside. There was no ocean view. We were eventually told that we could have a different room but could not be moved until the day of the wedding at 3pm. The wedding was at 5pm. There was no time to spend moving. The wedding itself was on the beach and quite lovely. However, Sandals photographer did a horrible, unprofessional job. My daughter was in tears after seeing the photo shoot that cost $1600.00! No pictures of her with her father or myself. No photo of the rings.

The guy wandered around aimlessly. Sandals has yet to make that right. They don’t care! They were paid in advance and their solution was to tell my daughter that she keep more pictures! The Sandals DJ played the wrong playlist. Water went out in a bridesmaid’s room and some of the guests' rooms before wedding. People were scrambling around to get showered in friends’s rooms. Other than that it’s a beautiful beach with lots of food and drinks to enjoy. I’ve since been told that there are much better all-inclusive resorts at far better prices in Jamaica. Chalk it up to live and learn.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Okay, I’m going to write a review after my first night! We are here with my husband’s two brothers and their wives. Oddly enough we were all married in the month of November! We started planning this vacation a year ago and booked through Sandals online. We wanted butler service, mobay and most importantly, we wanted in the same villa!!!

We arrived at the airport, my husband and I were treated horribly by customs staff, we did not receive VIP Mobay Service... That We Paid For! We waited in line instead... our family waited an extra hour on us at the airport. It took two hours to get from the airport to our Ochi Resort, we were told at the most it would be an hour and a half by online rep! We arrived, and the appetizers waiting on our room were all meat and I’m a vegetarian... it was on my preference sheet!!! It was 3 pm and we hadn’t eaten since 6 am! I had to ask for club soda in my fridge... it was on my preference sheet! We were all in separate villas!!! My brother and sister-in-law didn’t have water in their villa! We went to dinner at the restaurant in the main lobby of the resort, and sat for two hours to get our food, that wasn’t top quality as advertised! There was one vegetarian item on the menu! So far it’s not looking promising.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

When I booked, the agent said if I book the airline now, she could get me a better deal. I asked her if the airfare was 100% refundable and she assured me that it was. I trusted her. I went to cancel today because of the increase in ** and ** in Jamaica, especially on the Sandals resort. Needless to say, I'm out that money.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Room 2013... This was our second trip to a Sandals Resort and the experience was terrible. 3 days without a/c. Concierge was contacted and on the last contact the concierge became very confrontational. Guest service training went out the window. Engineering staff informed management that a/c was not working but chief Engineer insisted it was working. After several attempts to fix a/c we were room changed for the last 2 nights because a/c was not working. Reservations for the exclusive restaurants were hard to get. Had to almost bribe the staff to get into the French restaurant and it was not all that. The Chef at the Japanese restaurant was not impressive and the restaurant at the dock is a waste of time. All this money paid for hamburgers and pizza. Golden Corral has a buffet selection and it is a lot better and cheaper.

However, the Southern Comfort restaurant was great (at least something was). Took a couple of days for Management get involved. Compensation that was offered - 1. a massage for my wife and 2. a 5,000 point equivalent to $150 if we signed a document promising not to post or voice in social media our terrible stay experienced at Sandals Ocho Rios. I have never heard of such a practice. We booked our vacations because of the amazing experience at Montego Bay in 2015. We were offered all the amenities of Montego Bay at Ocho Rios. The salesperson most had been a politician. Nothing like Montego Bay. NOTHING. Resort night life after 11 PM was almost non-existent. I enjoy spending time with my wife but we also wanted to dance and celebrate. Bingo at the local VFW would had been a lot more exciting.

Most of the staff were friendly and welcoming. However, some of the photographers made you feel uncomfortable. Some made comments such as "don't get a ** now" while taking our pictures. These type of comments are not welcoming and humiliating. Coming from a representative of a luxury resort is unacceptable. We spend a lot of money at this resort to be treated like if we were an inconvenience. Don't think we will be coming back to this resort or any other Sandals resorts.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I brought 40 guests to my wedding at Sandals South Coast in May 2018. We spent over 15,000 to have the wedding of our dreams. The place was covered in feral cats and many of my guests including myself came home with hookworms and Scabies. I got pregnant on my honeymoon and was not able to take parasite medication and had to see many doctors to burn the worm out of my leg. I reached out to Sandals asking for compensation and they were not willing to compensate except for 650 dollars off of my next booked trip with them...

I had hundreds of dollars in medical bills and a scar on my leg where my pigment has been burned off permanently. They were not willing to compensate my other guests that came home with hookworms and Scabies. I do not recommend this resort to anyone now. Coming home from my honeymoon pregnant with a worm has been so traumatizing and incredibly embarrassing after finding out many of my guests had the same thing. Please do your research and do not book at Sandals South Coast Jamaica!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

My husband and I booked our honeymoon at the Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort. All in all it was a fun trip but definitely didn’t feel like it was worth the money we paid. The staff was great and friendly, our two butlers (Sheldon and Andre) were fabulous to work with. I would give them both 5 stars but the reason I gave a 3 was because the pools weren’t clean, the food wasn’t that great besides the breakfast buffet and the Thia restaurant on island, the bathrooms near the beach were always nasty, the spa was a complete ripoff. I don’t know how they train their massage therapist but it was not like any 60 mins full body massage I’ve ever had. But when you pay $405 for a relaxing spa day you better leave there happy and for me I was so disappointed and felt like it was a waste of time and money.

For water activities I would definitely recommend sailing, the guy who took us out was fun and very kind. Snorkeling was a different story, I’ve never done snorkeling before and I made it clear that I had no clue what I was doing. No real instructions besides, "Here’s your life vest and goggles." I was the last one to jump in because I didn’t want to hold the group up but I wished they actually made sure for the first timers/beginners they explained everything. Needless to say I literally jumped in and got back out. Wished I could have enjoyed it as much as others. Like I said all in all a decent trip but I definitely had higher expectations for a resort like this. Hope this review helps!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We have been on a Sandals Vacation 8 times and I will never go elsewhere for a couple's vacation. Sandals Royal Caribbean x2, Royal Bahamian x2, Grande Antigua, Ochi, Sandals Montego Bay and Halcyon. No complaint and only great experiences!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My husband and I booked a vacation with Sandals Resorts. Unfortunately, he passed away. I called Sandals' customer service for a refund over a month ago. The rep was horrible. Said "it would have been a beautiful vacation" and other inappropriate things. Only after writing another review did they contact me. But here it is a more than a month later and still waiting on a response!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I booked a hotel Jamaica Royal Caribbean yesterday 28 days from now. I thought all Sandals were luxury. After buying it and being excited I got to look at some videos. The hotel seem outdated. Pool very small. Not what I expected. 4 hours after booking I called to cancel. I'm able to cancel my flight but not the hotel. They want to give me 50% of my money 4 hours after I booked. No integrity in this company. I'll never book this hotel again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My wife and I reserved a very important milestone vacation at Sandals Royal Caribbean, Montego Bay, Jamaica for May 19-26, 2018. My wife left in tears. I left feeling cheated and very angry. Luxury Resort at Sandals Royal Caribbean means a room no better than your local Holiday Inn. A vacation at Sandals Royal Caribbean includes the following:

(1) Poor accommodations; (2) lousy food; (3) employees who speak a native Jamaican language you can't understand, but whose faces and tone of speech when they speak to each other shows only contempt for Resort guests; (4) drug dealers selling ** no paddling by on paddle boards no more than a yard away for the resort preventing you from enjoying the beach without drug dealer harassment; (5) loud, disgusting, dehumanizing, deplorable, and disrespectful comedians, entertainers, and rap musicians keeping you awake until the wee hours of the morning every night; and (6) bars that play nothing but "Fifty (sp) Cent" filthy rap song "Shake Your **, Girl" all night.

The old Caribbean where we vacationed many times was a luxurious, quiet, peaceful place where you could sit under palm trees, sip pineapple and rum drinks out of coconuts, and listen to classical reggae music or a tropical steel drum band. At Sandals Royal Caribbean, it is obvious that the business model has rejected the Caribbean vacation Americans long for, in favor of a descent into a world of disgust and debauchery.

If you are under 30 years of age, if you have no brain but only the wild uncontrolled testosterone of a single college frat boy during hazing weekend, if you go alone without a sensitive female who will cry herself to sleep each night and be offended at nothing, if you want to revel in the local street drug dealers, if you want to stay up all night, if you love filthy comedy, if you want to watch young women debase themselves shaking their ** around the resort bars, then Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort is the place for you. This apparently is their business model.

Unfortunately, they have abandoned the thoughtful and decent people who made their business a success. My wife and I couldn't be PAID to return to Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort. Caveat Emptor. We spent $8000 for 7 nights and 8 days. We only made it 3 nights and four days, and had to pay an additional $1,200 to fly home early to escape the horrors of Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The room’s mattress was very hard and the pillows compress too easily. That combination didn’t make for a good night's sleep. If you want a cup of coffee with half and half to power you up from a night of tossing and turning, you’re out of luck. Your options are milk or a non-dairy creamer. Our butler took us to a rooftop gathering upon arrival. The food tins were empty. After traveling all day that made for a case of hungry grumpies. Our butler asked if we wanted a drink, but never return with it. We went to get our own and were told she designated the drink delivery to someone else.

We advised our butler we weren’t happy with the room, as it was directly across from the main lobby. It's also next to a smoking area. If traffic, chatter and smoke aren’t for you, this room isn’t either. They eventually accommodated the request for another Rondoval, which took a number of inquiries despite the alternate Rondoval being vacant. We a lost vacation day between our inquiring and having to unpack, repack and move our belongings. We found the food at this Sandals location disappointing. The beach was swamped with seaweed. This made getting seating at the pool a challenge for some. Pool chaises may have also been in short supply due to “staycations”.

After explaining why we would be leaving two days early to multiple staff on multiple days, they failed to issue the credit they promised for the two days we left early. Between the follow-up associated with switching rooms and meeting with Sandals staff to re-explain our dissatisfaction, we felt we hadn’t had a vacation. The morning of checkout, our bell rang at 2:00 AM, an hour EARLIER than scheduled. Once called the bellmen never arrived. We hauled our own bags in the pouring rain. Upon checkout we found unauthorized charges on our bill for Wi-Fi. They agreed to the credit but couldn’t print out the invoice due to a printer error. We never did hear form anyone regarding the credit and sent a communication to Sandals Corporate. We received an acknowledgment that they were looking into it. Following that, we never heard from anyone period. Shame on you Sandals.

Original review: July 26, 2018

My husband and I went to Sandals Barbados in November 2017. We had a lovely vacation there and decided to book another before we left. We booked through their Loyalty office and was completely mislead. We booked a trip to Grenada for Nov. 2018. We both were lead to believe that our airfare was included in the package. I even asked about our flights and the agent told us we would find out that information at a later date since it was more than a year out. No mention that there would be an additional cost for air fare. The reason we booked while at Barbados was because we were getting a good deal booking a year in advance. So...everyone needs to BEWARE of the deals.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We spent a good amount of money to fly to Sandals Royal Barbados with the expectation it was going to be a good vacation due to the amount of money being spent on this venture. This money was something that we had saved up for years and worked hard to enjoy this one week at Barbados. As we landed, our trip started with having to wait for over an hour until the one van was filled for a 10 minute ride to the resort. Secondly, when we arrived we were to receive an anniversary gift but instead we had go to ask at least 3 times until someone finally agreed to give us one even though we were told at our booking we would get one. At the time of check in, we immediately went to make dinner reservations but could not get in for the first 3 nights yet when we went to these restaurants as scheduled the restaurants were half empty each time (except Kimonos).

On one occasion, a couple was turned away saying they were full and didn't couldn't find their reservation yet there was room for them. As we unpacked and got ready to go out and enjoy our first day, the immediate thing we wanted to enjoy was to go to the beach, enjoy the crystal clear water, and do water sports at the resort but we could not even walk up to the water due amount of seaweed piled up along the beach. Also, you could not see through the water itself because it was brown due the seaweed. The one time I went to lay out on the beach a local man tried to sell me drugs, hit on me and got mad at me when I said no.

In the images shared on their website, it shows a pristine beach with couples enjoying cocktails yet there was no servers on the beaches and no couples due to the beaches. In fact, you couldn't find a server anywhere and when went to get a drink at the bar you needed to wait at least 10 minutes to be served when it wasn't even busy. There needed to be a financial compensation for being mislead to spending your life savings on a Caribbean vacation that was far from the worth of the trip. When we choose to snorkel off of the resort, once again we had to wait one hour after the departure time only to get there to continue to wait. This made each trip hours longer than it was supposed to be and was frustrating to everyone.

As far as customer service it was terrible. Every time we ordered food or drinks the staff was annoyed they had to do their job. We would wait at least 10 minutes for our drinks and the food wasn't that good either. This exponentially made our trip more frustrating as we had dealt with all the other inconveniences and now the basic level of service has become a problem. Next, because we could not enjoy the beach our only option was to go to the pools. While we were at the pools we noticed that only one pool per day would have music or activities despite having it listed on the activity schedule.

We spoke to the music coordinator about not having enough music playing and he said he had asked for permission to play music at all the pools but was told he could not do that due to the older population. We said at least 2 of the pools needed music for most of the day. Instead, if it was playing it was being turned off earlier than scheduled. This is our second trip to Sandals. We were told that our issues would be resolved by the manager at the resort (Brandon?) but they never were. We called Sandals and were told the only way it would be resolved is by sending an email even though we addressed these issues with the manager at the resort. We sent 2 emails within the past 4 weeks and still had no response.

Original review: June 22, 2018

As I sit here waiting for our shuttle to the airport, I figured I’d write my review for this Sandals here in Grenada. I have to say the grounds here are very well kept and the pools and bars are fun. The food, at times, was fantastic and overall had a decent time. Now for my reason for two stars... We booked the honeymoon suite with butler and private pool. For the money we spent, we sure didn’t feel like we got our money worth. Our toilet broke three times, our jacuzzi broke twice, they must have mopped the floors with dirty water because we had to air it out for three hours for the stench to go away. The maintenance workers constantly worked on the AC outside our “private” fence and kept looking at us in our pool. It was not private and very upsetting.

The FAQ’s state you don’t need a power converter so we didn’t bring one and we used the “American” two prong outlet for our items. The outlet fried the hair straightener on day one which they refused to reimburse, sent my electric shaver to operate at double the speed and couldn’t use it all week. The butler consistently told us all week she was working with the manager to rectify the situation and upon checkout told us sorry nothing they can do. The outlet also fried the butler phone charger the first time we used it.

I gave them one of my brand new $70 dress shirts to press and iron before our romantic dinner in the gazebo. Upon receiving it back, they had burned a black line into the shirt with the iron and then tried telling me it was already there. Again, said nothing they can do and would not take any responsibility for ruining my brand new shirt because he talked to butler Jamie who said the line was already there. I can tell you now that an iron burn mark was not on my brand new shirt prior to giving it to them to iron. Laughable. At the end of the day, the place is nice, but the customer service you receive here is sub par at best. Most of the staff is nice, however, the few who are supposed to “take care of everything” ended up making our honeymoon worse.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Booked over phone with Sandals and offered 10% military discount. Upon arrival (May 29, 2018) was told because I didn't bring proof of military duty, I had to pay an additional $330 or not enter. I was made to feel like a criminal - but paid, as I was with my grandchildren. Upon return, I mailed proof of my military service to Sandals and called customer relations directly. They denied my refund saying it was too late. A hell of a way to encourage returns.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Butler Penthouse vacation was the WORST vacation ever. My wife and I arrived on the resort on May 31st and we were looking forward to our luxury Butler package we had bought. The penthouse suite in the Balamora Tower and 7 days in the Bahamas sounds like we had it figured all out. If you want the gist of my experience here: SAVE YOUR MONEY and go ELSEWHERE or ONLY go here without Butler Service.

I wrote to the management team to try and get our vacation back on track, which eventually happened but it was only because I had to complain to management a SECOND time on my birthday, after that on the 4th (which left us with 3 days left on our vacation) did it improve. Essentially Sandals stole the first 4 days of our vacation from us with some atrocious service (the Butler service was a bad joke) and the candlelight dinner on the beach we had would have been better served if I had picked us up some takeout and we sat on the beach with a bottle of wine.

Let me set the stage for you: My wife and I are both professionals and work very hard so we can take a great vacation every year. Both our birthdays and our anniversary happens in the first week of June. So as you can imagine, I do my best to make this week amazing for my wife. This is not our first Sandals experience, but it was by far and away the worst of ALL vacation experiences we had. How bad? Well another couple who arrived when we did literally checked out of the hotel one day after the “butler” experience here. For us, on June 3rd I spoke with the butler manager and told her that if our experience did not take a 180 degree turn we would be leaving the resort.

On May 31st we arrived at the Sandal’s Resort shortly after 12PM and the ride from the airport in the Rolls Royce was very nice. At the resort we were introduced to our first (of three butlers) Lashondra. She was cordial and took us to the butler reception area where we did some initial paperwork and were given a phone to contact our butler anytime between 7AM and 10PM. No problem.

Our butler asked if we were hungry and we were we since it was lunchtime and we had been traveling most of the morning. She took us over to the Royal Café and told us to call her when we were finished. This was our first lackluster meal. The Steak Baguette is a depressing sandwich and the calamari was fairly flavorless. The one stand out of this place is the nacho bar, and even that is not half as good as any decent stateside Nacho bar experience…I will even say that Golden Coral has a better Nacho bar.

So we finished our poor meal and figured whatever let’s get the butler a call so they can get us to our room and we can enjoy some of this Bahamian weather. So we called and Lashondra and she said no problem. She would be right with us. So we waited… and waited some more… and drank some more water… and waited some more. 20 minutes later she arrived. So our first experience with our butler… after being at the resort less than an hour was a 20 minute wait to be shown our room. To give you my perspective at the time: our butler, who is there to make our experience smooth, hassle-free and seamless just made us wait for 20 minutes to show us to our rooms… As far as first experiences go this was very, very poor.

I wish I could tell you that this was the only issue but sadly that is not the case. Our Butler team was Damion, Lashondra and Shavanti. Damion put forth some effort to get us some good service but he was absolutely crippled by his team and what I feel is the poor support infrastructure around the property itself. After our experience with Lashondra I asked her straight up if she was a trained butler and she was honest and told me that no she was not and she had just started the position from working in entertainment. The final butler Shavanti… made it like she was doing us a favor when we asked for something and in literally every instance it was either incorrect, messed up, or took ages to get.

Here is a small breakdown of the various issues: May 31st. Had to repeat EVERYTHING that I covered with Lashondra to Shavanti and AGAIN to Damion regarding the tours we wanted to take, the restaurant reservations we wanted, the spa treatments we wanted, the timing of our candlelight dinner. Pass down amongst our team was horrible.

My wife and I put in a standing order for breakfast: Fruit, coffee, Ham and cheese omelet, 3 eggs over easy, breakfast potatoes, glass of orange juice and hot sauce to be delivered at 7am every morning. Our first morning, the breakfast came at 8am… and was the wrong items. For the entirety of our stay our breakfast was never right. There was always something wrong with it. Hashbrowns instead of breakfast potatoes, no hot sauce, 2 eggs over easy instead of 3, etc. Our breakfast was the perfect embodiment of the lack of attention to detail that we experienced with the entire resort.

The tub. My wife enjoys a jetted soak in the morning before our breakfast. I asked specifically on multiple occasions when I was making this reservation with the Sandals booking agent if the room had a Jacuzzi tub. Was told yes for sure it does. Guess what? No it does not. It is a standard tub with a standard “rain” type shower head. Overall not a big deal just another punch on the list as you will see.

I asked for some sliced limes for our room for some gin and tonics that I enjoy. They brought me lemons. I told the butler I asked for limes. And was told: There are no limes to give you. Which is funny because at EVERY bar we went to that night on the resort they had limes. Served with the fish my wife had for dinner was a sliced lime. I asked for a couple sliced limes and my butler informed me there were no limes to be had on the island… Unreal.

Called Shavanti for some drinks at the pool, a pair of mojitos. She brought them out to us: 23 minutes later. What in the world do I have a butler for if I need to wait nearly 30 minutes for a pair of drinks? I literally could have left the pool, walked across the street to a liquor store, brought the alcohol back and made my own drink in 23 minutes. Once again, service was terrible.

Made reservations for Gordon’s on the pier, Shavanti (our butler) met us there and got us seated. She did not take a drink order from us (which is standard practice for your butler to get you situated before handing you over to the restaurant). Also, here was another long wait. The wife and I sipped on water here for 21 minutes before someone even came up and talked to us for a drink or food order. Luxury is not a 21 minute wait for table service.

June 1st. As stated before we had a penthouse ocean facing room in the Balamora tower. The elevator was broken most of the day here. I don’t know about anyone else, but my definition of luxury is for sure going up six flights of stairs to get to my penthouse room. Absolute lap of luxury. I asked for a bottle of Maker’s Mark to be placed in our room as it is my preferred nightcap. Was told that there was no Maker’s Mark to be had at the resort. Literally every bar that we visited that night had Maker’s Mark. Piano Bar, Royal Theatre, both pool bars, Cricketer’s Pub… all had Maker’s Mark but I was told they needed to order it and it would be in tomorrow… so give me a sifter with some in there or something. I eventually got some Maker’s Mark after they “reordered” it two days later.

We called up Damion and asked for a couple of pizzas from the Bella Napoli near the pool. Was told it will take 45 minutes. These are small personal pizzas… 45 minutes. The cook on these literally takes 8-11 minutes. The wife and I walked past the pizza place to get a drink at the Royal Theater about 30 minutes after calling the butler… And both of our pizzas were there waiting for us. We grabbed them, called Damion to tell him we had them, and then proceeded to eat them… And they were already cold. So who knows how long they were ready for pick up. Like I said butler service was a for sure joke.

This evening I wrote a letter to the butler manager Tamara, with the hope that if I outlined my perception of the problems they would get resolved and I spoke with her after I brought the letter down. We discussed the issues and she agreed that all of them were unacceptable. I asked that I needed our service elevated and she agreed. Having thought I addressed the issue I went back to my wife and tried to look forward to the rest of our vacation. Keep in mind this is just day 1.5 at this time.

June 2nd. We spent most of our time on the private island this day. So, for those of you that do not know while you are on the island (which is one of the best things about this resort) you are 100% without your butler. Butler cannot even go on the ferry to the island. So, to enjoy the best amenity of this resort you have to trade away your high-dollar value butler service. This is something that would have been nice to know on the booking.

Candlelight dinner: I reserved our candlelight dinner about a month prior to our arrival. For our anniversary dinner, it is fairly important to me. Arranged for the private pier on our first day at the resort. Extra $85, but it is an exceptional area and the night is special for me and my wife so for sure I am all about it. Guess what? Around 1PM on this day I was told by our butler that they will not be able to get us the pier. Pretty awesome right? Come to find out a couple that got married that day wanted dinner there and the resort set them up. How do I know? I asked them the next day about the dinner and how did they get on the pier? Asked for it that day they said. You don’t say? So instead of asking us, and my wife and I would have given up our table 100% to them, they took it from us. Our conciliation prize? Read on…

When the server was confirming our order the ONLY thing that was correct were the salads we selected. Nearly everything else was wrong. Here we are with that attention to detail thing. Our appetizers were pan seared scallops. Which came out literally colder than the air temperature outside. Have you ever eaten a cold scallop? The whole melt in your mouth buttery sensation you are looking for is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve. However, the scallops were not over or undercooked and for that I was thankful. No worries I thought the dinner must be better.

Our server was hardly present as in not even on the beach… So we had to get up, go get our champagne and refill our own glasses. 100% luxury there. Our dinner was a piece of over-cooked… random cut of steak that was about as well done as a piece of meat can possibly be and not be burnt and inedible. Both our steaks were terrible. For the record we ordered them medium and medium-well. The vegetables on the plate were grossly undercooked, to the point of being essentially raw. Our lobster tails… so overcooked that they had to be sawed at with a steak knife. And the coup de’etat was the INSTANT MASHED POTATOES. Clearly the conversation I had with the manager hit home on the 1st. Not really.

June 3. Wife and I ate our third consecutive messed up breakfast order. Beautiful start for the day. We are largely creatures of habit. We wanted some chairs reserved for us on the far side of the beach near the water sport area and Windsor pool. Our chairs that were held were on the wrong side… again for the 3rd consecutive day. Also, other butler guests had some nice towel art on the chairs, our towels were just the rolls from the towel area. My wife likes to have some mimosas so we asked for champagne and a couple of cans of orange juice. We were brought a couple glasses of pulp filled orange juice. So, not only was it difficult to pour, but who wants a pulp filled mimosa? The carafe of coffee I ordered did not function. No amount of manipulation of the cap would allow it to pour. See the recurring theme of a significant lack of attention to detail?

As you can imagine after the dinner we had the night before, this to me was just outrageous. I called Shavanti and asked her if she was trying to sabotage my vacation. I then went back to the butler suite to complain for the second time. I advised the manager that if we did not see a dramatic increase in our level of service we would be leaving and I would be seeking a full refund.

At this point in time I literally lowered my expectations to just about the lowest I could and I was hesitant to even call a butler because why bother when I can do it quicker, better, and not have to deal with garbage service? That afternoon we were assigned a new butler team at this time: Zhaly, Denver and Sean. For the first time we were walked to dinner that evening. Our excursions got all squared away. We were given our weekly schedule with all our reservations and excursions planned in it that evening. We never had to repeat a request from here on out. Super special shout out to Zhaly as she is amazing and should be managing butler staff somewhere. Also special shout out to Sean who to me looked and acted like a formally trained English butler. Even Denver elevated the service we got, even though he had a few slips here and there.

In closing, I tipped all 6 butlers $50.00 each at the beginning of their service with us. The last three butlers earned it and I would have been happy to give the second team an additional $50.00 but I wasted it on the original 3. As far as I am concerned Sandals stole from us 4 days of luxury experience and we only got 3 days of anything that I would consider close to a luxury experience. The food at this resort was ok but only Baccarat and Kimono’s was anything approaching a solid culinary experience.

Also how the butlers work. Each team of butlers has 6-8 guests assigned to them. So they have a very difficult job getting everyone taken care of exceptionally… and when I say difficult I mean impossible. If you come here with a very low expectation of service, quality and luxury you will be delighted. If you do not want to lower your expectations go somewhere else.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Stayed early March in Sandals Royal Bahamian. Private island and 2 fine dining restaurants not available though no fault of Sandals. Not enough staff available go for a sail. Spa was overbooked so could not use the "free" services was promised. One butler promised to get back to me with information regarding golf, the spa and shopping but never did. Room had a few minor issues like stained bathtub and nonworking phone.

Sandals seems to be geared to selling us more services like trips, better wine and photography which I found a little annoying after spending over $6000 and not getting all that was promised. Didn't even get the Sandals gift bracelet was promised. Was advised there was no one in customer service or administration in the Bahamas that was allowed to make customer service decisions when I asked for an extra service worth about $50 as a substitute for services they were not able to provide. All future vacations will be to Hawaii using VRBO. 2 weeks in paradise for the same price as 1 week in the Bahamas. Live and learn.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I am never the person that takes time to leave reviews, but since this vacation was supposed to be so special for us, I would hate for someone else to make the same mistake. This resort is disgusting, cracks in walls, a/c won’t cool down, views are not as expected or advertised. Beach area is so small and blocked off. NO ONE knows what’s going on or communicates to keep you informed. We will NEVER book with Elite Travel or travel to Jamaica again.

Sandals Resorts Company Information