Sandals Resorts

Caribbean Chain

3.7/5 (154 ratings)

About Sandals Resorts

Sandals Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

False Advertisement! Ugh! We were falsely lured into booking this trip: the rooms were shockingly bare, the little furniture it had was way past its prime and the food was bad, bad, bad! Worse, they saw, with their eyes, how extremely disappointed we were and they did nothing, nothing to soothe our expressive sorrow. And, if you happen to be a vegetarian, good luck finding something to eat. No one, not one single Sandals person was professional. Oh, one more thing: finding a used glove in the bathroom upon return to our room was the finishing touch. We have sent emails and make phone calls for restitution, and NOTHING has been done as I write this. Take heed and move on to the next Caribbean island. SANDALS disappoints. Don't be fooled with the photos on their website: take a hard look at ours.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

We booked Sandals Grenada to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We were upgraded from a Swim-up suite to SKY Suite which was great! So we thought…. When we arrived and prior to check-in we were escorted by our butler to a conference room to be tested for COVID. It was not a medical facility – just a make shift area where there was a desk, 2 attendants dressed in hazmat gear behind a partition. Not quite the same hospital facility where we administered PCR COVID tests 2 days prior to our arrival which were NEGATIVE. Once testing was completed we were escorted to our suite which we were delighted to have.

At 8:00am the following morning we received a call from the nursing station stating not to leave the room as my husband and I tested positive for COVID. We were shocked to say the least as we are fully vaccinated and had COVID PCR tests taken 48 hours prior to arrival AND had NO symptoms. I spoke to the Dr. via phone and I explained I was beyond confident we did not have COVID and if we had the slightest symptoms I would have cancelled the trip.

I am aware as a travel industry veteran of the consequences of testing positive for COVID in a country outside of the US. I requested we be retested immediately as it was a false positive result. The Dr. informed us retesting would be done in 5 days in order for the virus take its course as symptoms may not show immediately and could became worse as the days progressed. She also told me to change our flights as we were not going back to the US until we tested negative. My husband could not console me from the crying attack I had. He became very aggressive with the Dr. and demanded we be retested immediately.

A few hours later we received a call from a manager advising we had to be relocated and quarantined in a COVID room/area which was located in another area of the hotel for the remainder of our stay. I requested we stay in the suite, be retested as we were devastated at the thought of spending an indefinite amount of days/weeks in isolation when we did not have COVID. A hotel staff member showed up dressed in hazmat gear and took us to a room on the backside of the hotel where there was a guard walking the perimeter of the room 24/7. No one wanted to come near us and we were treated by the locals as lepers. I cried every day.

Finally we were retested and of course the results were NEGATIVE. I immediately called the airline and booked the next flight out of Grenada which costed an additional $1279. Plus – upon checkout we were charged an additional $1200 for our COVID room. When I asked why - Jeremy ** the Guest Experience Manager said it was protocol. He could not apply payment from the original reservation to the COVID room and Alifa ** would reach out to us to credit our full stay at a 1SKY category. I have not received any communication from her which I’m not surprised. Management was not very compassionate, communicative nor apologetic for the experience we had.

Keeping in mind the wonderful reputation Sandals has as well as my previous stays at Sandals, I perceive this type of treatment as unacceptable and We were shocked at how the ministry of Grenada and Sandals Grenada Management handled our situation. The day after our arrival back home we were re- tested (COVID PCR) as I was raddled by the false positive results. We wanted to ensure we did not have COVID. Our results were once again NEGATIVE.

Needless to say based on this experience our memories of our wedding anniversary vacation were ruined. I've reached out to the Sandals Management team and they have not stepped up to the plate to help us and I’m devastated over the way were treated. We traveled to Grenada in Sept and to this day Management has not made retribution for the 10K we lost due to this experience. If this the way Sandals handles customer issues please be aware if this happens to you. You will not be compensated.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

We booked a trip to Turks and Caicos via Beaches Resorts by Sandals, our flight with American Airlines home from Turks and Caicos was canceled 4 hours prior to departure. We were offered an alternative flight 2 days away. Clearly, this was not an option for us, so I booked flights emergently with another airline for that day. I notified American Airlines upon arriving home on 10/30/21 and requested a refund. On 11/1/21, I spoke w/ American Airlines again to confirm our refund, they confirmed the refund was sent to Sandals and should be available within 5 business days. I have spoken to Sandals 5 times and reached out via email 3 times and yet to have received my airline refund (for 5 tickets). They continuously tell me it's in process and have not received funds from American Airlines.

This evening I reached (yet again) to Beaches and the staff member said they received the refund from AA and I should be expecting it in 5-7 days. When I asked the refund total, she was unable to answer the question. I was left on hold for 25 minutes. She then came back and said "the last agent I just spoke with said we did not receive the refund from AA yet." She apologized for the discrepancy and then somehow another, we got disconnected.... American Airlines has advised me to file a formal complaint at this point which I am in the process of doing, additionally, I will file with BBB. Customer Service has been terrible.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

My husband and I have been going to Sandals for 25 years, finally earning the two of us our “free” week. It was booked for 2020, but cancelled due to the pandemic. It was rescheduled for March of 2022. Without my knowledge or consent my husband removed my name as his traveling partner and replaced it with a women he met online. Sandals allowed him to do this stating the primary account holder can take whomever they chose! I called and wrote letters to corporate. They did nothing. They are allowing him, a married man to take another woman on the trip that I earned. They claim that is their policy due to divorce and death. Understandable. But we are not divorced, not yet I might add, nor am I dead! How can they allow this? Shame on them! They totally dismissed me and my dilemma. They are promoting infidelity with this policy!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

We stay at Exuma Island, resort was not kept up, service was terrible, our room did not look anything like the picture was shown. Our butler service was not worth the money or the resort. They didn’t start cleaning up the weeds on the beach till couple days before we left. Very disappointed, the worst vacation I have ever had.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Upon arriving to the resort in Ochi Rios I was being taken to my room via 5 flights of stairs. I have severe asthma and unable to climb that many stairs. After dinner I was then brought to another room across the street which was a downgrade to my Oceanview room. The garden room was on the 1st floor but still had to climb a set of stairs. The room had throw rugs. One had a filthy red/orange stain on it. The mattresses are super thin with no box spring. This room is a 3star hotel status not a 5star. The beach is beautiful but you again have to climb a hill to get there then go down 2-5flights of stairs to get there depending on which set of stairs you choose. Remember you have to go back up the stairs to get back to your room. I won't ever stay there again.

On my 2nd day I received a call from front desk stating I needed to check out of the garden room to move up to the 3rd floor. I had no option, I needed to be out of that room at 1130a and check in new room at 230p. I was to leave my bags and they will be brought to my new room at 230p. When I arrived at the new room at 630p. My bags were left outside the door and my keys did not work. I had to walk back to the front desk to get new keys. Such a horrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

After an issue that resulted in my group arriving in St Lucia a day late, we found that none of the schedule adjustments we made prior to arrival were done - but we were charged. That wasn't the end of the world, we had a good time while we were there. 2 members of our group came back terribly sick and went to the doctor. My wife, the 3rd member became violently ill and MISSED TWO WEEKS OF WORK because of it. The ER later showed she tested positive for Salmonella. Sandals requested the documents, only to say it couldn't have been from their resort. What a joke! A manager was supposed to have reached out to us multiple times, but did not. They even pretended to call, so I requested a voicemail - nothing. I'm filing a lawsuit. SANDALS LOOKS GREAT - IT'S NOT.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Me and my husband booked our honeymoon to Sandals Grenada, 2 weeks before our honeymoon, Sandals Grenada emailed us and said that they will no be letting us into the country due to COVID-19. They have not helped us in any way, shape or form to help us navigate through this major inconvenience. Every time we called Sandals, the people were outright nasty and disrespectful to us. We will NEVER book anything through Sandals EVER again and will never recommend to our family, friends and co workers. The grief Sandals gave us has tainted our honeymoon and now we are unable to go on a honeymoon. We spent the weeks after our wedding running in circles between Expedia and Sandals. The worst customer service, this is being brought to the attention of the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 17, 2021

My husband and I have spent a good price for this long overdue vacation, for us to arrive to a room without air conditioning. We went to the front desk and instead of them changing our room we waited for hours so that they could keep sending engineers to review the unit. After hours of waiting we spoke to a manager on property. We suggested our room be changed. It was never suggested prior to us. Once we were moved our luggage was lost! We was informed that due to us being on a family trip our luggage was probably in one of our family members' room, yet no one asked for our luggage tickets or our names to even know who’s luggage they was looking for!

We was at this resort for 7 days. Housekeeping came 3 days. The three days they came was because we had to take several trips to the front desk to complain. The other days we had to ask them to send us wash cloths up and we even had to fix our own bed! One night after housekeeping did come we had grit and hair in the sheets, another night that the front desk brought linen up for us to fix the bed! We was promised a night supervisor would call us about the mini concerns that we had and that call never happened either! We’ve travel to several Sandals Resorts and have spent less money and I’ve never encountered such a bad experience from this brand prior to this trip! My next trip will not be With Sandals. I’ve complained this whole trip and it’s fallen on deaf ears so I pray someone reads the complaints and make someone else’s vacation better!

Original review: July 5, 2021

Just returned from Sandals Halcyon this past week and it was definitely the worst Sandals I've been to. I've been to 8 different facilities and by far this is very subpar resort. From the day we got there I felt like was in a standard hotel. Don't get me wrong. The people were very friendly and hardworking but really understaffed. It normally took us 15 to 20 minutes to get a beer at the swim up bar. There was only 1 bartender there the majority of the time. Two of the restaurants were very good but the rest of them we visited it was awful. Cold and undercooked food was consistently served.

I love going to Sandals and I try to talk it up to other people so they know about the service they normally bring. This past week was nowhere close to the other Sandal resorts. Normally there are managers walking around asking how you are and is everything ok, trying to get involved. Not once did I ever see a single person from the management team walk around and mingle. I would highly recommend that you don't waste your money going to Halcyon when there are so many other beautiful facilities that Sandals has to offer.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Bad Food, unsecured room, no a/c for 2 days, food cooked their way, not the way we liked it. Much more. Our 50th wedding anniversary was ruined. Service was slow. Camera's not working. Will not return.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

My now Wife and I booked our honeymoon in 2019 for a March 2020 honeymoon trip. We paid in full, over $6,000. The week before our wedding and honeymoon, Sandals closed due to the pandemic and our wedding was postponed. Of course at the time we had no idea the pandemic would last this long so we rescheduled for August 2020 following our rescheduled wedding day. St. Lucia was still closed but Sandals allowed us to change islands, which we chose Jamaica. Jamaica required US travelers to submit a negative Covid test within 10 days of our arrival.

My wife and I obtained tests and received the negative results two days prior to our departure. Out of our control, the testing laboratory documented the incorrect collection date of our test, which was outside of the 10 day window. The laboratory provided us with letters admitting to their mistake. We were denied access into Jamaica the night before our honeymoon. Now my wife is pregnant and Sandals won’t budge on refunding our money. We had no intentions to miss this trip. And it is out of our control with the current pandemic.

Sandals has a lot of our money and has been holding it. We have no idea when travel will be safe again. They advertise on their website 100% no worry refunds for new or existing trips. Wrong! When I called and ended up speaking to a manager and because the trip was booked prior to the pandemic, it was considered a no cancellation period. And if we cancelled the trip we would get $0 dollars refunded. The company expressed to me they had done us a "favor" by allowing us to reschedule. While the huge corporate company holds my $6,000, I continue to try and find a way to get a refund for a trip that was canceled and out of my control.

We have been told great things pre-COVID about Sandals. Now they are hurting families during a pandemic economy and have lost all of my respect. It is clear that their values and morals are not in line with the type of company that we spend our money with. Do not waste your money with a company that will steal from you the first chance they get. I will never spend another cent with this company.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

BEWARE, every company is working with people when Covid rules change but not SANDALS. Booked the honeymoon suite over water bungalow at Royal Caribbean, a month before we were to arrive on our honeymoon the goal posts were moved and we were required to take a covid test to get back into our own country, USA. Needless to say we can’t take the risk of having to quarantine in Jamaica for 2 weeks and the costs, missed work, etc. that would come with that scenario. So we canceled the trip and had to do our honeymoon in Florida now.

They said they would not return the $1000 honeymoon suite deposit even though it was covid that changed everything, not us. Ask my cc for $1000 refund and was denied that too. So on my honeymoon, Sandals decided to keep my $1000 because I couldn’t afford to stay in Jamaica 2 weeks. Booked the insurance too. Gave them a month notice and will they rebook that room and still take our $1000, what a company!!! Still haven't received the $6900 refund either, been 4 weeks!

Thanks Sandals, we obviously would of loved to come for our honeymoon but covid rules made it impossible and you CHOOSE to keep my money in these circumstances. Will never ever step foot in one of your properties or anyone I know. Remember how sandals treats honeymooners when you go to book your dream vacation, they have no mercy even on your honeymoon! We will be honeymooning at Playa Largo and can’t wait! Thanks a lot sandals for keeping my money and showing your true colors! Never again! Was 3 nights for 8k, what a bargain, they are a joke. Go to Florida instead.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We booked in 2019 for an April 2020 vacation with our kids to one of the Beaches properties. We paid in full over $10,000 just in time for us to be unable to travel to Jamaica due to the pandemic - even if we wanted to go. The country and resort were closed to visitors during our booked timeframe. Of course at the time we had no idea the pandemic would last this long so we rebooked for August 2020. Because it still was not advised to travel in August we rebooked again for April 2021. Well as we all know the pandemic is still in full swing (Feb 2021) and our family will likely not be vaccinated by our April dates. So we finally decided let's just get our money back and rebook sometime in the future when we know we can go.

Sandals/Beaches has a LOT of our money and has been holding it interest free since 2019 and we have no idea when travel will be safe again. They advertise on their website 100% no worry refunds for new or existing trips, right? Wrong! When I called and ended up speaking to a representative, a supervisor, and a manager and was told that because our original April 2020 dates were considered a "blackout" aka no cancellation period that if we cancelled the trip we would get $0 dollars back - this is despite the fact that the country and resort WERE CLOSED in April 2020 during the blackout period so we could not have travelled even if we wanted to. The company expressed to me they had done us a "favor" by allowing us to reschedule and they could have just kept our money and cancelled us back in April.

We also had purchased trip insurance which I was informed did not cover this circumstance. So now our choice is to let the company continue to hold our money for another year or two while we wait to be able to travel again safely, or we lose it all. Not to mention if we choose to reschedule, our son who was 14 in April 2020 will now be 16 and so we will owe more money for him AND we will have our baby with us making our original party of 4 a party of 5 and we will be forced to upgrade to a larger room costing us even more.

We loved this company pre-COVID and had travelled to their resorts multiple times. Now it seems they have adopted predatory and opportunistic practices that are hurting families during a pandemic economy. After we take this trip - whenever that may be - we will never spend another dime with the Beaches/Sandals company. It is clear that their values and morals are not in line with the type of company that we spend our money with. Find another one of the beautiful Caribbean resort companies to travel with and do not waste your time, energy, and money with this lecherous company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

On July 25, 2020, we booked a trip to Turks and Caicos Beaches Resort. We have wanted to visit a Sandals Resort for 17+ years. This was a trip we looked forward to for months during all the Covid issues in 2020, but we all knew there was a chance it would get canceled. On November 14th our trip was canceled because the resort was not opening till late December. We were to leave on November 22, 2020.

We called right after receiving the email telling us to call them about our reservation. They tried to reschedule our trip but we did not have other available times to travel. We were told we would have a refund within 60 days. 60 days passed and no refund so I started calling again. Since then I have been on the phone three times trying to get our refund of $14,866.25. It was then to be credited by January 22, 2021 (no credit) called back on the 24th, a lady said she submitted again and apologized but accounting was not open. I called back on January 25th and talked to a manager. He said it would be another 7-14 days. I instructed the supervisor that if we did not have a refund by Friday the 29th I felt that I needed to caution other travelers wanting to travel to Sandals.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

We booked a vacation for our family of 6. We looked at the cancellation policy and the company has listed on their website that you can cancel a vacation up to 30 days in advance. A few days after booking the CDC made it to where we needed a negative covid test in order to return to the States. This made us a little uneasy, so we decided for the amount of money we had just spent that it was best to cancel this vacation.

Unbeknownst to us the dates we chose were "black out "dates and were non refundable. Nowhere was this made obvious when booking this vacation. We have made non-refundable bookings in the past with other companies and it's obvious what is going on and that you cannot cancel. No question at all. Not the case with Beaches. They hide it, but put their "regular" cancellation policy out there for everyone to see. We had to search hard for these black out dates. During a global pandemic this is a disgrace. Just be aware and don't make the mistake we made.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

We rebooked the original trip to the Bahamas to St. Lucia because Emerald Bay was closed and were promised a $500 per airline ticket credit for the money we had to pay for the change in airfare. We never got the money! I've called and emailed 7 times and finally gave up... Sandals has no intention of paying you for the additional airfare costs.

At Sandals La Toc the experience was maybe the worst I've ever experienced. The 9 hole golf course is worse than any public / municipal course I've ever seen. The beach at La Toc is dangerous! Rogue wave hit my wife and broke her arm in 3 places. Upon further investigation I found out the wave was not rogue and that type of thing happens all the time at La Toc and Sandals knows all about it and puts their guests in that dangerous situation regardless. You can't sue Sandals because they have you sign a waiver when you check in. They promised to credit our last day at the resort because we had to depart early to get to the hospital in the U.S. but.... you guessed it.... Never got the credit. Do what you want but I won't do business with this company again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

This review is explain my horrible experience with Sandals. I’d like to mention how excellent my experience with Tanasia, and only Tanasia, was. But that wasn’t till the end of all this hassle. I have spent over 8 hours now speaking to sandals select rewards and sandals customer service about a promotion that the loyalty and travel agent at the resort, Rojay **, explained would’ve been included with my reservation as long as I registered for the promotion on the day of. Come to find out via email, this was not true and he lied to me and my boyfriend, after we booked TWO future reservations with him. Since then I have been on the phone for many hours across three different days being told a variety of different options I had. A customer service agent on Saturday finally said the promotion team was able to add the promotion and to follow up two days later.

Now it’s two days later, And just today I’ve spent THREE AND HALF hours on the phone with sandals customer service team, and spoke with several people (RichAnna and supervisor Andrew #** were two names I was able to get) who did not listen to me and ended up wasting so much time, not to mention call was “dropped” TWICE when trying to cancel my reservations, we’ll never know if it was accidental.

Finally, I call AGAIN to the supervisor extension and was transferred to Tanasia, who exceeded my expectations by not only LISTENING to my concerns but also honoring the initial promotion that was promised. Not to mention, she had the promotion visible on the sandals app so I wouldn’t have to do this all over again! Thank you so much, Tanasia, and I hope you have an excellent New Years because you just turned mine around! Thank you!!! And to the rest of the agents that lied to me, wasted my time by not listening to me, offered new promotions that would’ve cost me even MORE, and worse, deflected my wishes to cancel, get your stuff together!! Because you were about to lose two reservations upwards to $12,000 USD. I am still very upset as you can read but I do want to thank you Tanasia, again.

Resolution response: Jan. 31, 2021

I did receive the 1/2 refund to my credit card and just received trip credit for the other half to be used on future vacations. I don't know why they said they would not give a credit for the second half in the first place. I will try to use the credit in the future when things begin to open up. I am hoping maybe this vacation can be redeemed after all.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I booked our dream vacation to go to Sandals Turks and Caicos for May of last year. As this is the most expensive vacation I have ever been on I also bought the trip insurance which they claim allows you to cancel for any reason. Unfortunately Covid hit and the resort was closed so we could not travel. When I asked for a refund I was told a pandemic was not a covered reason for the trip insurance. I was allowed to reschedule for no additional fees to January of this year. Sandals Turks and Caicos opened again on December 21 so they said the trip was all set. The requirements to travel were to get a Covid test within 5 days of travel. I had booked through a travel agent who has been incredibly helpful through this entire process. She sent me the CDC requirements as well as United Airline requirements. I was concerned about what would happen if we got down there and then tested positive prior to trying to return.

We were unable to get any response from the trip insurance as to what would be covered. They would only respond to read the insurance policy. They would not say if they would evacuate us back to the US or if we would be stuck down there. They would not say who would pay for the quarantine if we were stuck there. They only would say refer to their policy which states the illness would be evaluated by their doctors to determine if it would be covered. Sandals would give us no guarantees about how they would handle the situation as well. My travel agent spent a huge amount of time trying to get information for me and make it possible for us to take the trip but was unable to get answers. I asked her for contact numbers so I could try as well.

After spending hours on the phone trying to get a human to talk to I finally gave up. If you cancel within 14 days of the trip there is no refund. As it is now Christmas time I had one day left to cancel prior to that deadline to get any refund I chose to cancel and at least get some money back. The trip cost me $8974.75. Sandals is refunding me $3574.25. At least United airlines is allowing us a $1541.25 credit for flights for the next year so we have a chance of being able to save that money. Losing over $5000 for a vacation we could not take for no fault of our own is just plain wrong. This dream vacation has turned into more of a nightmare. I wish I had read these reviews prior to booking my trip. Now I am wondering if I will ever see the $3674.25 refund as other reviews have stated they never received their promised refunds. So much for a worry free luxury resort vacation.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Planned trip to Grenada in December 2019 for trip in October 18, 2020. Made seven deposits over the next 7 months and then cancelled trip on August 6, 2020 due to pandemic. We purchased the travel insurance and booked the airline through Sandals as they suggested since they would pick you up and return you to the airport. Completed their trip cancellation claim form on August 6, 2020 and submitted. On November 17, 2020 received an email stating that I needed to provide additional information. Additional info was provided the same day. Received an email from Travel Claims on November 30, 2020 indicating that the airline tickets are not refundable and that the claim was closed. Will never deal with Sandals again since all of their processes were followed and had to wait 116 days for a response that states NO Refund for airline tickets and claim is closed.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

So... Had a wedding planned in Jamaica of 2021. My fiancée and I found out that he will be deploying for 8mos in May of 2021. Cancelled and was told my money would be refunded in 10-20 days. It’s been 24 days and nothing. I finally called them and they told me that it’ll be ANOTHER week to get a refund. Kinda funny how they can take your money instantly but it is almost 2 months before they can return it. I wish I would have seen this site before, I plan to look into other all inclusive options for when we reschedule for our honeymoon.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I reserved a room using a $1,000 deposit to “HOLD” the room. Nowhere did it say the charge was non-refundable. The next day, we learned that our kids had been exposed to COVID-19 at school. I called Sandals to cancel the reservation. They WOULD NOT REFUND the $1,000.00 “Hold Charge.” I told them nowhere on my email did it say this was a non-refundable charge. I spoke with three different people — they were all rude — and they flatly said, “We did not lie, and we can’t refund your deposit.” $1,000.00. During a pandemic. Disgusted. Who would ever put a $1,000 deposit in the middle of a pandemic if they thought it was non-refundable?! The women who I spoke with at Sandals were curt, rude, unmoving and awful.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

A family member got married at the Sandals St. Lucia Resort in November of 2018. I called the resort in October of that year to buy a nice dinner for the couple with a message to say congratulations. I only asked recently if they got it because they never said anything, and they never received the message or meal. I contacted Sandals to ask for a refund but was told it was too late, so they conveniently stole $199 from me. This is such a typical elitist response from a company worth millions. Poor customer service! Shame on Sandals!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Sandals Resorts Unique Vacations has stolen my money. I had reservations on November 20, 2020 through November 28, 2020 in Beachfront Butler suite. PAID IN FULL amount of 6,250.60...CDC Has a COVID Level 3 only essential travel to Jamaica warning. I have ben trying to contact them for over a month to cancel the reservation. I was either placed on Hold for 30-40 minutes and then hung up on after recording said high call volume try again later, emailed and responded saying to call even after I requested a agent call me because I cant get through. Numerous attempts gone unanswered.

I filed a Complaint with Better Business Bureau.. They tried contacting Sandals and no response form the BBB complaint. I contacted ABC Channel 6 News Consumer Complaint in Philadelphia waiting to hear back from them to speak with Media. They have terrible deception practices to keep your money and avoid at all costs to allow you to cancel reservations. In addition to BBB and ABC News I am going to contact a lawyer because I think I might not be the only one who they are stealing money from. I have spent TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars at Sandals staying six times at various resorts. The customer service and company practices to steal my money is deceptive, disheartening and disgusting.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

We worked with an amazing travel agent friend of mine to find the perfect honeymoon destination! We decided to visit La Toc in St. Lucia and go all out! We booked the flights and resort fees all through Sandals. Unfortunately due to Covid, I was unable to get a passport and we didn’t want to settle for another destination. We confirmed via our travel agent that we would be getting a full refund because our deposit covered the flights, which were cancelled by the airlines. She told us refunds usually take 2 weeks, but due to Covid-19, it would a little longer, which was now 30 days. No problem! 30 days became 60. 60 became 90. Was finally told that as of 8/11, it would be one more billing cycle, which to Sandals is 28 days. Guess what?! 28 days came and went again.... No refund.

Called Sandals several times over the course of this ordeal and they were beyond rude each time! I completely understand their delays due to events beyond their control, but when you tell customers hard dates and they pass, fault lies with the business. Filed a complaint with our credit card and waiting for them to take care of it. When we are able to travel next year, we will be using a different resort.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Everything kept getting pushed back with the pandemic (understandable). We booked for our honeymoon back in December 2019 for late April 2020. When Covid hit, the resorts had to shut down and so we had to reschedule. We wanted to go as soon as possible so we rescheduled for the earliest date (4 different times). Each time it was pushed back. They finally said opening on 8/31/20 and the pandemic was slowing down. Our September was full so we called back as they told us too to reschedule.

In July, we decided on 9/28/2020. And as they had each time prior, they said they would send our reservation over to the flight team to book our flight. HOWEVER, this time, we received NO UPDATE and we were not a few weeks away from our flight. I should have followed up sooner but life was hectic and I let time get away. Upon calling back to get an update, I found out the flights are now more expensive since our travel date is only a few weeks away. (That is usual, BUT, we should NOT have had to just now schedule our flights.) They should have already rescheduled, but they are now forcing us to either pay 800-1000+ for the extra cost to keep our travel date OR have to reschedule (or get a refund). But they have a monopoly over St. Lucia which is where we really want to go so we have to use them.

So yet again, we are having to try to change our time off from work, etc.. UGH such a pain! It was their mishap they did not reschedule sooner. We should not have to pay more to keep our time. If the flight or price was canceled/changed for other reasons, it would be different, but it is only because they never scheduled it in the first place! I'm sure it will be lovely if we ever get to go though. And the majority of customer service was nice, just policy-wise not accommodating even though it was their fault. 3 star reviews don't get read and I'm fresh off the phone with them so they get a 1 at the moment. Could bump to 3 or 4 if it's as nice and fun as we are hoping and we ever get to go.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

We booked a vacation directly with Sandals. Told agent that my wife had not yet renewed her passport. He said, no worries; just buy the trip cancellation insurance for $380.00. I did. Because of Covid 19, passport issuance went from 30-60 days to 3-6 months. Called to postpone vacation. Told airfare and rooms would go way up in 2021. Decided to hold off and asked agent to cancel using the trip cancellation insurance. No go. Told that it did not apply even though Covid 19 was in play. I called. I wrote. Wrote. Called. Got an arrogant reply: "Sorry, you lose. We're keeping half the money you sent. If you want a Caribbean vacation, pick from the 2,000 other choices!" These guys are bad news and, as you can suppose, desperate.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

To all that have paid via credit card and not been given a refund due to COVID and Sandals being closed, contact your credit card company, and dispute the charge also known as a CHARGEBACK. This will be the only way to get your money back. I feel bad for everyone during this pandemic, including Sandals however the way they are handling bookings during this unfortunate time is extremely short-sided and reeks of desperation and greed. We have been traveling to Sandals & Beaches since 2000 and have spent tens of thousands of dollars + with this resort; even stayed in the highest category rooms.…we are not one timers! When you think of Sandals, you think of sunshine, romance, gorgeous beaches, pina coladas etc., well my latest experience with Sandals was anything but…

My husband and I had a trip planned for this month, August 2020. We received a text in late July and then a voicemail regarding our upcoming stay. I phoned them back and spoke to a representative who was defensive and combative right off the bat and explained that the borders have been closed and that we could not stay at their resort because of this. I was disappointed but understood with everything going on in the world and was nice to her. Her tone was cold and abrupt, I felt like I was on a call with an IRS agent to be honest…like I had some outstanding unpaid tax bill due or something along those lines. It was quite odd, considering in the past, everyone was pleasant and wonderful.

I asked her what our options were, and she said that we could reschedule when they re-open or go to another resort but our room category was not guaranteed and there would be an extra fee. However, their other resorts are closed as well!!! I asked about certain dates in December and of course those are blacked out. She recommended next year sometime. I told the agent that I have no idea what our schedule will be next year (or if we will even be alive due to COVID) and that a refund would be preferred and then I will re-book when I can sort out our schedule and coordinate the air tickets which is always cumbersome coming from California. I was told that a refund will NOT be given because I am within the “14-0 days prior to arrival”, according to their policy. Hello, you are cancelling, not me and you notified me within the “14-0 days” time-frame!!!

She just kept reading from a script and acted like I called and cancelled at the last minute and that I am in the wrong. Bizarre…is this some sort of reverse psychology BS? Then I was told that if I wanted to reschedule, I had to do it within 3 days, otherwise I would forfeit my entire trip charge. Again, the agent was extremely rude, not apologetic, or empathetic and I felt extremely pressured.

I understand that they are trying to keep their business afloat and I can’t imagine how stressful it is with all of their employees etc., however it is stressful for the customers as well. Sandals is behaving like they are the only ones being affected by COVID and they are trying to keep as much $ as they can. They need these funds to pay for their overhead, employees and to spend millions on their NON-STOP Commercials to lure more poor souls in, newbies. They are shortsighted and it is really disgusting.

I don’t blame the poor girl on the phone, I blame upper management and those calling the shots…Butch or perhaps it is Adam now? They are putting undue pressure on their employees and their loyal customers leaving a bad taste in everyone’s mouth. Not a great business plan in my opinion! As a result, I have reached out to American Express to dispute the charge and I will no longer visit any Sandals in the future. Maybe a new business venture for them should be the Sandals Revenue Service (SRS). I will try to remember them fondly for the memories in the past. Kind of like an ex-boyfriend who you had a great relationship with but ruined it towards the end by making a stupid decision like cheating or hitting you. We had a great 20 year run but I am out! RIP Sandals!

Original review: July 22, 2020

We book a vacation on Sandals for my Birthday on April, 2020. Unfortunately Sandals Closed due to the Coronavirus. We called and we were given the option of rescheduling in 2021 or claiming the insurance we bought directly from Sandals. We did the latter as we could not book a year in advance and if we decided on a date and wanted to change later on would have to pay penalties. Refund was not a option. We then were told that because we chose not to reschedule the insurance would only cover 700 of the 5000 we paid. So we paid 260 dollar in insurance through Sandals to recover 700 from 5000. Would not recommend doing business with this company. They are the accurate definition Con artist/con company.

Original review: July 8, 2020

My husband and I booked a vacation 2 years ago while on the property of Sandals Negril for Sandals South Coast this August. Sandals SouthCoast is not even going to be open in August. They are not scheduled to open until October 1. For 3 months now we have tried to speak to someone about our trip. After multiple calls, hours of holding on and multiple promises of a manager calling us back, none of that had happened. They simply refuse to refund our money even though they will not even be open. Horrible customer service and keeping money that does not belong to them. On a side note, I had a international river cruise booked for this October with Viking and I was refunded with no questions. People beware!!!

Sandals Resorts Company Information