Sandals Resorts
1.42/5

Looking for a travel site?

Sandals Resorts

Caribbean Chain

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sandals Resorts Reviews

Original review: April 30, 2019

Be very careful when booking with Sandals Resorts. They do not honor their cancellation policy! I booked a trip last year and made several payments and had to cancel 90 days out, and they are fighting with me regarding my refund. I am well within the time frame for a full refund to be issued according to their cancellation policy. They told me a full refund would be issued within 7-10 business days, but that didn't happen. I have spoken to them several times regarding my refund and every time it's a different story to why I haven't received my refund. Now, I am contacting my bank to dispute the charges. This whole experience has become a vacation hassle. They use an outside source to handle payments (Unique Vacations). Sandals has to discuss your account with them, they won't give you the phone number to call them directly. Do not trust Sandals Resorts or Unique Vacations!

Original review: April 26, 2019

The Bahamas are a beautiful place, but Sandals turned what was supposed to be a joyous occasion and vacation into a nightmare. I have a seafood allergy. Sandals was notified 4 months in advance, reminded one week prior to arrival, and then confirmed again with their "culinary concierge" when I checked in. They confirmed each time that it will not be an issue and that I have nothing to worry about... yet three hours after check in, 20 minutes into my first meal, and I am in an ambulance going to the hospital.

Sandals was unapologetic, unhelpful, and in general dismissive. The "all-inclusive" was ruined as I no longer felt safe eating on their property. The hospital stay cost me a day of the vacation (thankfully not my life). And the hospital bill has caused financial distress. Sandals latest response was "we are looking into it and will get back". The Bahamas are worth your visit, Sandals does not deserve your business. And if you still choose to go here and you have any dietary restrictions DO NOT trust them.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 3, 2019

Sandals Ochi Resort in Ochi Rios, Jamaica - I would recommend any Vegans to stay away from them. It was the WORST vacation I ever had. We went to Sandals in Jamaica. We let them know we were gluten-free vegans and they told us we would have plenty of choices. When we had dinner the one night, our 2 butlers told them we were gluten-free vegan as did the waiter. They fed us dairy in our food and chicken - told me it was tofu. We were both sick for a few days. We had tortilla chips for lunch multiple days & went off resort for a few meals. I would have had a better time at the Hilton. Would NEVER go there again & NOT recommend it to anyone else! To make matters worse, another person told me they did the same thing to someone at their table in the same restaurant 2 hours later. The management refused to make good on this - told us we can have 2 days free on our next stay - this will never happen as we will never go back!

Original review: March 27, 2019

My husband and I stayed at this resort the week of Thanksgiving 2018, and we were so disappointed for the $$$ we spent. Here are few things you will expected if you decided to stay here: Small beach, old furniture, some staffs are very rude, noisy, very limited food options, A/C did not worked, pool was dirty, water cloudy, take ever to order a drink, many local selling marijuana by the beach, lack of snack, small resort, and the bedroom is the worst as we stayed in the budget room and we experienced the worse room that we ever stayed, dark, old bathroom, no bathrobe, no slipper, old vanity, A/C did not work in the room, old couch, bathtub is so small, and no window or balcony.

The Motel 6 room much better. The room that we stayed (I lost many nights of sleep because they put us right above the lobby and no A/C). We filed the complained with Sandals and they want to give us 25k sandals point = $250 :) (We paid $5000 for hotel/one week). Don't stay at this resort, believe me it was not worth it.

Original review: March 27, 2019

My husband and I booked a Sandals Barbados get away with three other couples. We had recommended Sandals to them as we had vacationed at Sandals Negril 20 years prior and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately our Sandals Barbados trip from 1-26-2019 to 2-2-2019 was horribly disappointing. The overall customer service was little to non existent. If you didn't have butler service you felt like a second class citizen. One morning my things were taken off the lounge chair I had been using when I had gone into breakfast.

When I returned, the lady who had the lounge next to me told me someone from the dive shop had removed my personal belongings and gave my chair to another guest. When I went to the dive shop they claimed they didn't have my things and that I needed to go to lost and found. I was livid that my things had been stolen by staff members. My husband and I were paying $1000.00 a day for this kind of treatment? I was near tears because I felt violated that my things had been taken, and no staff members, even in the lost and found, would help me or showed any compassion.

My husband combed the beach and found my book and the $27 dollar bottle of sunscreen that I had purchased the day before in the Sandals gift shop, wrapped up in a Sandals towel and thrown onto a hammock. On top of that, our maid service was terrible, our room was always made up at the end of the day, the mini bar was never restocked, and coffee wasn't replenished in our room, not even when I called maid service and asked to have it replenished. The last day I was there, I slipped and fell in the bowling alley on the premises where the lanes had been recently oiled, landing my right hand.

The nurse on the premises incorrectly wrapped my wrist and wanted me to see one of their doctors in town but at that point I just wanted to get out of there and go home. Luckily one of the gal's in our group was a nurse and correctly rewrapped my wrist and put ice on it for me. When I got home, we drove immediately to Urgent Care where my hand was Xrayed and treated for a fractured radius (wrist). Since Sandals red flagged me, due to the accident, I was unable to give a review, that's why I am giving it here. Buyer beware when booking at Sandals. I personally will never book at another Sandals resort. It was a very expensive trip to be treated so horribly!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

Original review: March 5, 2019

Hands down worst Sandals resort out there. Management is clueless as too many things happened for them to truly be involved. Stolen items. No service. Ran out of beer and water at every bar and every day. Dangerous environment with lack of supervision. Too many things to discuss in this short area.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We spent over $10,000 attending Sandals Royal Bahamian for our Honeymoon, wanting to have a relaxing time after an extremely busy year. Unfortunately, the end of our stay put a huge damper on our honeymoon when my husband had to step in as security for the resort to prevent other guests from being harmed by a huge and belligerent guest who was drinking, doing drugs, and threatening others. My husband (a large man himself and a former Marine), felt he had no choice but to try to deescalate the situation when the guest was threatening and putting his hands on another guest and family. The guest ended up pushing my husband when he tried reasoning with him, and then barricaded himself, my husband and 2 other guests in the bathroom, not letting them out and threatening to "get wild."

Obviously terrified, we asked for security and out came one 90 lbs woman along with an older heavy set man who did not help at all. THAT WAS THEIR IDEA OF SECURITY. At that point, I felt I had no choice but to call the police, and the woman "security" guard refused to give me the Bahamian version of 911's number because she did not want the attention. She would have rathered my husband end up in the hospital so they could just cover it up later. I ended up calling anyway in fear that my husband and other guests would be badly hurt by this man who was basically holding them hostage in the bathroom. Once the belligerent guest heard I had called the police, he let them out and went back to his room (probably because no one wants to go to jail in a foreign country).

The General Manager of the resort, Lucky, also was called. However, the police did nothing (wouldn't even file a report even though they showed up with machine guns), and once the GM finally decided the guest needed kicked out (before they were saying they couldn't because he was a "guest' too), they could not control him and were afraid of him as well. I could not believe that the resort had no security measure in place for something like this. We did not want to spend our honeymoon and $10,000 for my husband to keep others safe and be afraid for our safety.

When I brought this up to the GM, he said it was due to a "lack of talent on the island." They market the resort as safe, secure, and luxurious when in reality, if something happens law enforcement and the resort will do nothing to keep you safe. The GM told us he would make it up to us and we wanted to give him the chance to. However, he then offered us 1 free night to come back which is completely unacceptable and does not cut it. In my opinion, the GM Lucky should be paying my husband for his security work that night. Don't think that because you are on a resort that you are safe. They give you that impression but it is false.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My partner had an emergency and was unable to fly and attend the $4500 trip. Upon my arrival, I was treated with hostility and disrespect. There is no regard to customer service at Sandals. I was told that I would not be allowed to stay at the resort and had to find other accommodations because I was traveling alone. I had flown all day, I was not offered lunch, dinner or even a bottle of water. Had to contact Delta Vacations and received help finding other hotel that I had to pay for, again! I will go out of my way to refuse and boycott anything Sandals in the future. Sandals Resorts is the Worst! Get treated like a second class citizen with your own money. Disappointing and embarrassing at best.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My husband and I had a 1 year anniversary trip booked to Sandals in St. Lucia but I lost my job two weeks ago and we cannot afford this trip. We have three kids and without my income we can barely afford to pay bills and eat and they refuse to refund me and putting me through the wringer. We added travel protection but I’m not being guided on how I can make my claim and I Spoke to Brentlyn and I specifically asked for more clarification on how I go about processing a claim and he was so unclear so I asked for a supervisor numerous times to which he told me no. He then proceeded to tell me that I would lose about 550 in non refundable fees. How could you people do this to a family struggling and going through a really difficult time. When We booked this trip we did not foresee me losing my job 6 months later. How disgusting, unhelpful and downright inhumane to do this to people in a time of need.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

If you don't read the fine print you will find this out the hard way. Sandals charges you about the same price as the airline does for main cabin... Then you find out they have actually booked you BASE Economy which is basically, charge for luggage, no reserve seats, no guarantee that you won't get bumped. So it's a much lower value ticket than what they charge you... End of the story. My wife and I going on our 40th anniversary trip, but of us Platinum Level Delta, will be seating apart, in the back, middle seats. So I no longer see Sandals as a TOP agent... Good resorts but watch your back.

Sandals Resorts Company Information