Sandals Resorts
1.52/5

Looking for a travel site?

Sandals Resorts

Caribbean Chain

Looking for a travel site?

207 Sandals Resorts Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

Every place to eat customers encountered black birds flying around the place, landing on tables, taking food off of plates, drinking water out of glasses and pitchers of water. Birds flying around the open buffet and releasing feces as they fly over the food and tables customers eat on. Cats walking freely around restaurants while customers eat. This is a serious health hazard.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

Quick Summary: Sandals customer service will do NOTHING to help you. Whether it's BEFORE, DURING, or AFTER your vacation. Even if the issue is completely THEIR FAULT. My husband and I found their offer to compensate us for our troubles unacceptable. Sandals refused to change it or offer us anything else.

Long Story: We booked a vacation over six months before our travel date. We got a call TWO WEEKS before our trip telling us the resort we were supposed to travel to (Royal Bahamian) was closing for unexpected maintenance issues. This spiraled into spending hours of our time re-planning our vacation, on the phone with Sandals, and on the phone with airlines. They offered us three things:

1. To send us to another sandals resort.
      2. To reimburse us for all air fare change fee and penalty expenses. (As of this post we still have not received this and it's been more than 7-10 business days since we sent the receipts they needed.)

3. 2 free nights to use for a future sandals vacation (to be used within 18 months). There is NO WAY we are able to do another vacation like this within 18 months so their offer was completely useless. They refused to give us an extension!

#1 and #2 were what sandals HAD to do in lieu of having to give us a complete refund. They in no way compensated for our trouble. #3 is where the AWFUL customer service starts. We did not want compensation on a future vacation, we wanted them to make it up to us on this vacation (the one that ended up sending us to a completely different country than we intended on going to).

We had at least three phone conversations with customer service BEFORE our vacation, they told us it was up to the resort itself to offer us extras and that they would LEAVE A NOTE ON OUR FILE for the resort when we checked in. When we got to the resort there was NO NOTE. We were bounced back and forth. Concierge called the manager who was supposed to get back to us. We had to track her down after a day and a half of NO RESPONSE. When we finally met with her she (MAXINE FROM OCHI) didn't even apologize. She just offered absolutely nothing and told us to call customer service. I have had a few phone calls and emails with Sandals AFTER our trip with no luck.

They told me I should have taken care of it before the vacation. I TRIED THAT!!! At this point the LEAST SANDALS COULD DO IS TAKE OFF THE DAMN TIME LIMIT, but they should do much more for all the time and frustration this had caused. The ENTIRE thing was SANDALS FAULT TO BEGIN WITH! We will never travel to a Sandals or Beaches resort again. If you have no issues then you will have a great vacation. If anything happens whether major or minor, Sandals does not care about you at all.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Have been to Sandals Negril 5 times and this will be my last one. Got food poison at end of vacation and called the nurse and all she was concerned about was me filling out forms to say I refused to see a doctor there and waive them of any liability. They were more concerned about covering their butts than my well being. Been over 13 years since last trip here and must say they have gone downhill a lot, rooms have not balcony or outside windows so everything stays wet all the time. Diving is going downhill and very few fish on reefs that are obviously dying off. Very expensive vacation for what you get. They use to not charge for anything but now charge for resort diving, night dives $80, promote excursions that are very expensive.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

My husband and I have been to SANDALS at least 15 times. Each and every one has been a great experience. Our last one was in the SRB in May 2016. We had a small issue with our massage offer. I notified SANDALS after we arrived home. The matter was settled. We have taken friends and relatives with us on our journey and all I have ever heard is what a wonderful time everyone had. The locations are great and the staff members are fun and professional. We can't wait to go back for reunion week.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I booked Sandals Royal Bahamian in March of 2016. I reserved the first week in August. 36 hours before we were to arrive, I read on Facebook that the resort would be closed. I called Sandals in a panic. After about 4 hours of being on hold, and hung up on multiple times, I was told that the rumor was true. Sandals would not assist me, and basically said I was screwed. I contacted my travel agent, and she was able to change our trip to Sandals Montego Bay for an additional $500, and downgraded rooms.

While I was in Montego Bay, I saw many guests posting photos of the Royal Bahamian. THE RESORT WAS NOT CLOSED. Why did Sandals lie? Rumors are circulating that the reason was because they overbooked the resort. I am not happy that I spent $4000 and was basically ignored. I emailed Sandals after I returned, and asked what Sandals could do to keep me as a customer. NO REPLY! I will never book with Sandals again. First and last time. Save yourself the hassle, and book a trip through a company that actually cares! You've been warned!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

Resolution response: Aug. 25, 2016

Sandals finally came back to me and apologised for the delay in their response. They have now offered a free holiday for Luke and his partner to compensate for the problems he had at their La Toc resort. Luke has excepted this offer and hopes to take it up next year.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

This is my 1st review as I believe in trying to resolve my own problems. In this case this is impossible as Sandals neither talk to you, answer my emails or take my calls. So I think people should know what customer service to expect from Sandals, in a word NONE. This was a very expensive family holiday for 8 family members. My sons and daughter live in different parts of the world and this was going to be a once in a lifetime holiday for all the family together. On arrival (15,30 hrs) we had a wait in reception over 2 hours as our rooms were not ready and they had no idea where to put us. In the end they placed up in rooms at the top of the hill, well away from the main area. They called it a upgrade, but that was questionable. The resort is okay, a little dated as it's 15 years old and in great need of some serious TLC.

My main complaint is not the resort, even though it's not what it is made out to be, so if you do go then go with an open mind. Also, take your credit card as not everything is free and complimentary. My complaint is when my youngest son came down with food poisoning. On the Thursday evening we had dinner at the Japanese restaurant. As a dedicated vegetarian he had a different meal to the rest of the family. The next day he did not feel well, so we called the Sandals nurse. She was very nice and suggest a course of medication. Later that day he became worse, so we called a doctor. At the time, the doctor was unsure of his exact problem, so gave him a number of different medication, including antibiotics. The following day he seems to improve a little, but during that night he had a turn for the worse along with a very high fever.

So the following morning we took him to hospital and they diagnosed my son with Bacterial Gastroenteritis and acute dehydration and admitted him then and there. He stayed in hospital for 2 days and then was allowed back to the hotel, but had to stay in bed and rest. So the long and short of this story is my youngest son, spent 65% of his holiday in hospital/bed and his partner 65% of her holiday taking care of him.

From Sandals reviews you see they inform all complaints should have been brought to their attention on resort, so I followed their advice and had a meeting with their Director of Guest Services (Mr Victor **). He was very pleasant and apologetic to my son's problem. I suggested to him that Sandals may be in the position to offer my son and his partner an alternative holiday as a form of compensation. He fully agreed and assured me he would come up with something prior to our departure. On the last day of our stay I had not heard back so tried to contact Mr **, but he was nowhere to be found. I left my contact details both at the reception and Butlers' Office and was assured he would contact me. Well surprise! Surprise! He never did. I believe the old saying may apply here "Out of sight - out of mind." I therefore emailed Mr ** myself and also sent a copy to Sandal's CEO (Mr Adam Stewart). Neither responded.

It seems their customer service policy is promises guest anything while on resort to keep them happy and after they leave forget them. I spent a lot of money on this very special holiday, which turned out to be a nightmare. The medical bill was over 3000 pounds and my son lost 6 days of his nine days suffer from Bacterial Gastroenteritis. It placed a very negative mood on the holiday for the rest of the family as we were very concerned on our son's well-being. Sandals today have ignored my communication to date or any offer of compensation for my son's illness, hence this review.

Original review: July 26, 2016

We actually didn't visit Sandals - we pre-purchased a surprise dinner for my son and his new wife on their honeymoon. They stayed at Emerald Bay in the Bahamas near the end of June 2016. Due to weather conditions the night of the dinner, they were unable to have the meal served and it was their last night at the resort. Consequently, the resort told them that the dinner would be refunded to the same credit card that it was billed to.

Fast forward a few days - I called on July 3, a Sunday, to the Reservationline. They told me that this would have to go through Customer Service which is only open Mon-Fri. I called the Customer Service line on July 5 at 800-213-7831. They told me on that day that they saw the refund in process and that it could take 5-14 business days to complete.

Fast forward again to July 22. I called the number again after not seeing the refund to my account. The person who talked with me tried to give me the same info, but then I told them that the trip had been completed on July 3. They said that they looked up the account and took my email address, saying that they would have to send it over to the resort for inquiry. They also said that I would receive an email immediately confirming our call - which I did not receive. About an hour later I completed the form at http://www.sandals.com/contact/ and provided the same details, yet again I received nothing throughout the weekend.

So today, July 25, my wife called and asked the customer service person if she could speak to a manager. After asking a dozen times and waiting 18 minutes on the phone, she was finally able to speak to a manager, Lauren **. Lauren told my wife that she would look into the issue and call her back. She did call my wife back a few hours later; however, my wife was told that it would take 2-5 business days for it to show up on our credit card. She also told my wife that they had no record of me ever calling Sandals except for the form that was completed on July 22.

In summary, you shouldn't have to chase down a refund for something like this. A chain as big as Sandals should have better processes in place for this. In fact, the manager stated that the refund should have happened immediately. I can't say anything about the resorts, and I never will since I won't be staying at a Sandals resort now that I know how they treat paying customers.

Original review: July 16, 2016

We have traveled to many Caribbean Islands, but our first stay at a Sandals. Never again! Our room was never cleaned unless we called, food was horrible. Beach chairs were always unavailable. Don't pay the extra price! We were supposed to get a refund but it has been 2 months and nothing! Staff was rude! Will stay with Riu resorts!

Original review: June 14, 2016

Our honeymoon stay at Sandals St. Lucian was disappointing. Lack of beach chairs and what there was, stained and old. Promised honeymoon breakfast in room, requested three times to accomplish. Poor service. Top liquor, not really and what was good, was always out. Shut down pool and beach for video taping one day from 8-1:00 PM. Hard beds, light switch broken, so so clean rooms. Basically, big disappointment. Will not stay at a Sandals Resort again.

Original review: April 13, 2016

We went to Sandals Royal Caribbean for our honeymoon and had a great time. I am in a wheelchair and they found ways to make my stay more accommodating, such as lowering the bed and making a ramp for me to go into one of the restaurants. The staff was extremely friendly and the property was nice and clean. I, we cannot wait to go back!

Original review: March 14, 2016

I paid on my account 3/13/16 and had less than half of the remaining balance left. 3/14/16 at about 12:30am I went to review my account and found that Sandals had added $300.00 more to the account. When I inquired about the additional fees I was forced to submit the original invoice before they would even investigate. Now, the hope was for them was that I could not show proof because they claimed they did not have a copy of my invoice. However, they had all other details of my trip and discounts that I would be receiving. When, I emailed them the invoice I was told that it would have to be reviewed by a manager before I would receive my original balance. Now, Sandals acts if I brought this situation upon myself and having me wait until tomorrow before they apply my discounts. No apologies, just the hope that I would not have produce my invoice so they could have denied my discount.

Original review: March 14, 2016

My husband and I decided to give Sandals one last try and we regret it. The workers were rude, we were given the wrong room (w/out liquor even though we paid for it) and we were told all 12 of the restaurants were booked solid and to eat in the buffet! We have never been treated so poorly and I would never recommend Sandals to any other couples ever again. We could not even get a glass of tea in under 20 minutes. Not to mention we were asked to leave our poolside chairs 2 hours after occupying them first thing in the morning because they were "reserved" for other guests. We both work very hard and it is a shame we had to spend our vacation upset, hungry and on edge.

Original review: March 3, 2016

We decided to go to this all inclusive resort for our honeymoon. WORST TRIP EVER!!! We reserved the private honeymoon suite with a swim up pool that was filled with dead bugs and leaves. The worst part was the apartments behind the pool had windows overlooking our 'private' suite. No baby making on this honeymoon! If you want microwaved food (they called it gourmet), sand fleas on the beach, bees surrounding the outdoor bar, pigeons bathing in the pool and a funky taste in anything ingested using their water, this is the spot for you. WE WERE MISERABLE!!! Our best meals were at Starbucks and Burger King across the street, which were way overpriced.

All Sandals offered to make it right was a lousy 1 night stay at another Sandals which we will NEVER go back to! And they said we would have to remove all negative posts so they can trick more people into this horrible hotel. Until we get a full refund, I'm writing this everywhere. Save your $$ and go somewhere amazing!! This outdated garbage hotel should be condemned, starting with their polluted water tanks they try to hide on property!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

My review is not about Sandals Ochi Resort. I will be having my wedding at this resort coming up in February. My review is for the individuals at the Sandals Customer Service Call Center. My fiance and I received a complimentary upgrade to a Butler Suite that we took- awesome. We then received notice that we would be getting a credit for the size of our wedding group - even better! We decided to give partial credit to my parents and the rest would be used to stay 2 extra days.

When I spoke to the first representative she informed me this would be no problem, that everything would stay the same for the extra 2 days but we would need to go through the reservations department. Did that. When I asked the representative from the reservations department if everything would stay the same she replied, "Yes." I thought great! She did inform me that there would be a fee to change the flight. I was aware of that. Not a problem. Flight got changed. The representative then tells me the price of the room AFTER the flight had been changed and I was told that everything would "stay the same." Sandals was going to charge us full price for the Butler Suite (that we did not book in the first place and was a complimentary upgrade for booking 28 people with them) for the two extra days.

I spoke to her supervisor who asked if the rep had advised me on the cost of the room. No. She stated that she would review the phone call and call me back in an hour or two. Two hours later, no call. I again called Sandals and was told that the supervisor would need an additional hour or two. Again, no phone call. I called back. Was told this time that the system is down that gives the ability to review phone calls. During one phone call I was told that I was speaking to the same supervisor until the representative slipped up and called herself by a different name.

I was told I would receive a call in 24 hours at the latest. Hour 25 - no call. Had to call again. Was told the supervisor was away. I stated I would call back in 30 minutes. 45 minutes later I called back. This supervisor told me she called the number I gave her and someone hung up on her. There was not an ounce of truth to this. I was by the phone. When I asked for her to give me the number she had called in case there was a mix up, it was the number I was sitting by. She stated that now this is with their director and they are waiting to hear back. Ridiculous.

In this mix of all of this I informed Sandals that we would be happy to downgrade rooms for the additional nights. They told me there weren't any available. I then went online and chatted with a Sandals Representative acting like a new customer wanting to make a reservation for those dates. What do you know - they were available in a much cheaper room!

Also, because of the flight change I was told that I would need to pay $158 via phone. Nothing was mentioned about this being a temporary price. It was the understanding that the flight was booked. I had a voicemail 24 hours later asking to call a rep from the flights department to pay the $158. I called two hours later and was told that it would be $197. I asked how this had changed in the matter of a couple hours when it stayed the same for 24 hours. The rep stated that it is due to flight prices changing. As far as I had known the flight was booked. The rep did go back to the original price but I should not have had to track this so closely. All in all, people book their weddings with Sandals for a stress free experience. This has been absolutely awful. I had a wonderful experience the first time I had stayed with Sandals Ochi so this has been very disappointing especially because this time it is for my wedding.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

My wife & I booked a Christmas vacation through our local AAA office to the Sandals Ochi Beach resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica (our 3rd time to Jamaica, we love the country). We arrived at the resort over 5 hours late, thanks to bad weather in Atlanta on 12-24-2015 and thanks to Delta airlines' poor customer service. By the time we arrived my wife was not feeling well. We got checked in and taken to our room. Not feeling well and exhausted from the flight we went right to bed. Woke up Christmas morning, wife felt better, I had the flu, so we did not do much but get some things to eat and set at the pool all day hoping to feel better. Our room was not clean, floor needed mopped, the area rugs were not vacuumed. The mini fridge in the room was stocked, but it had been turned off, so all the drinks were warm.

Saturday, felt somewhat better, so went out to explore the grounds and took the tour of the resort. The girl that gave the tour gave incorrect information about the hours of different places to eat. We tried to eat at one, they were out of hamburgers! We had to ask more than once for clean towels etc. Went to use the gym, which right across from our room. Three treadmills, one worked correctly, the other equipment was not in good condition. No fault of the resort. The wind was high and there were no glass bottom boat tours, sail boats etc. On Monday afternoon, we decided to call our travel agent about leaving early, due to not feeling well and having contacted the nurse and was blown off, she was busy with paperwork on the other side of the resort.

No refunds for unused days, and the front desk person called our room to see how soon we were leaving and why. The amount of advertising Sandals does, maybe they should cut back on ads and clean and update their resorts. Our room needed repainted. There were places where the paint was peeling, the a/c unit leaked on the floor. Even if we had felt better, this was not a great vacation. Definitely will not stay at or recommend anyone stay at a Sandals resort.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

My husband and I hadn't had a vacation in a few years and decided to spend Christmas in the Bahamas this year. This is our 3rd stay at a Sandals Resort. We were six hours late getting in because of bad weather in Atlanta. Our room was clean and spacious and our refrigerator and bar was stocked really well. We had dinner at the Drunken Duck Pub (this was Christmas Eve) because we were not there early enough to make reservations (you can only make reservations between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm) at one of the other restaurants. The service, food and drinks were great. The pub was pretty dead and it was only around 8:30. We were exhausted and called it a day. I can't say much for the mattress. It was really hard. We didn't sleep well the entire time we were there. We didn't go on any of the excursions the wind blew pretty hard everyday so we just hung out at the pools. They are not stingy with the liquor if you like to drink.

I had to have them tone it down on mine. We made reservations for the French restaurant for Christmas night. My food was ok but nothing to get really thrilled about. My husband had lamb and after about two or three hours we went back to the room. My husband wasn't feeling well and about 10:00 pm he was very very sick. He spent most of the night in the bathroom. That was about the time we found out we had plumbing problems.

The toilet backed up everyday sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. We had to find a bathroom away from our room a lot. We called every time and they would send someone to unclog it. They never offered to move us to another room. In the morning I called the front desk to let them know he was sick all night and told them what he ate and that he had food poisoning (if you have ever had food poisoning you know it). I told them I was letting them know so that they could prevent anyone else from getting sick.

He went to see the nurse on site and she was really rude to him. He spoke with the Manager as well and he just blew it off and said he was probably allergic to something? Oh and just an FYI during the slow season every night they close two of the restaurants for dinner. You better check to see what restaurants are closed on what nights. The Bahama Bay is the buffet restaurant, the food was pretty decent and they have breakfast and lunch. Sometimes it was closed at night for dinner. We went to the Barefoot by the sand restaurant Saturday night and I was pretty good but I could have gotten the something at Red Lobster. We tried the Italian restaurant on Sunday night and I think it compared to Olive Garden (maybe). They had a pretty lame night life not much going on this time of year. The days were passed just sitting by the pool and having drinks and eating. There were not many people on the beach because of the wind.

I don't think the resort was even half full. Most of the staff were nice but there were some that weren't. They are not much on giving out information of any kind. On Monday my husband and I both felt bad and by that evening we both had a terrible cold. They didn't have much in the way of over the counter medicine and I think we cleaned them out before we went home on Wednesday. Overall I'd say the beginning and the end of the vacation went pretty badly but the middle was good. I guess you could say we were served lemons and made lemonade. I don't think we will go back to this resort again. It just wasn't worth the price we paid (around 6500.00) especially after losing the whole first day and all of the last day traveling.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

My husband and I booked a Butler Beachfront Suite at Sandals Montego Bay in August 2015. Based on the website, Sandals Montego Bay looked like the best honeymoon getaway. We were upset to find out upon arrival that the hotel was in the process of pretty large renovations. The contractors were working all day right on the beach. The loud noises and unsightly construction was a distraction while trying to relax on the beach. The main problem we had at this resort was that there was a man selling drugs out of his kayak directly outside of our "exclusive beachfront butler suite". My husband and I could not relax alone because this man was lurking in the waters harassing us. We complained multiple times to management but we were told that Sandals cannot control public waters.

After returning home, I left a review on Sandals website informing them of our complaints. They responded and told me that they would cover two nights at any Sandals for a future vacation. Quite frankly, that's unacceptable. We spent over $6,000.00 for our honeymoon and it was terrible. I've since hired an attorney to handle this matter. I will not be returning to Sandals and I am advising everyone I know not to book there.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

Sandals.com commercials are so much louder than television programming. I like to watch CNN live streaming and have to quickly lower the volume on my computer because whenever the commercial for Sandals.com comes on it is so much louder than CNN or any other commercial. It's so irritating. I called AT&T and complained, but they said there is nothing they can do about it. I complained to CNN and now here. Your commercials being that loud are really a turn-off to your services. I will never use your services. It seems like you are a successful company, why do you feel the need to put the volume so high on your commercials?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

Terrible customer service. They don't know what they're talking about. Every time I call they told something different, so I booked a vacation with Sandals thinking it would be the best place to go to. So we paid a deposit and an airfare ticket. It was withdrawn that same moment while I was on the phone with Sandals customer service. Me and my partner decided to cancel our reservation the next day because the exchange rate from Canadian dollar to US dollar made a big difference in price so we called to cancel and explained the situation so they cancelled it. I asked them to refund the money the same way they withdrew the money right away. So they "yes in a couple of days you will see it on your account."

5 days later nothing so I called and explained that I need my refund because the exchange rate keeps fluctuating. I don't want to lose money for no reason and they basically said it's not their problem. They only refund the amount in US dollar. 10 days later I receive my money back finally and I had to lose some money just because they waited so long. Terrible customer service. I told them there are people coming from all around the world to you guys with different currencies so they should have some sort of policy to compensate a customer in a situation like this. I did not expect such bad customer service from such a big company. Finally I do not recommend anyone to go with Sandals. They will take your money really quick and easy but if you want a refund be prepared to wait a long time to get a refund and possibly lose money if you're from a foreign country. And they will not compensate for any losses.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2015

My wife and I booked the Royal Caribbean Jamaica thru a travel agency for our 40th anniversary. We opted for the swim up and butler service. Arriving at the airport and being greeted by the staff went well and the bus ride to the hotel was pleasant. Once we arrived, we were ushered to a room for check-in. Drinks were supplied to all and we checked in. Escorted to our room, we were surprised as to the cleanliness and setup of our suite. The ice bucket was full and remained full the entire week. My previously requested liquor was on the bar and the room was immaculate.

We were given 2 butlers. 1 day and 1 night, and a phone to summon them as needed. I never used or carried the phone with me and never called either butler. As a result, the butlers would scour the resort for my wife and I so that they could make any reservations we may require. Our room was cleaned and replenished daily, and twice during our week, we arrived back to our room in the evening to find a candlelit bathroom covered in rose petals, with a running bubble bath and a Bottle of champagne iced down and 2 champagne flutes.

We rented a car and driver one day that was recommended by our butlers and spent half a day being driven around Jamaica being informed and entertained by our driver. All the locals seemed genuinely happy to see us. All the food was excellent with only one exception, the linguini with clams at the International restaurant. We found the entire staff at the Royal Caribbean, Jamaica to be extremely friendly, courteous, helpful, and attentive to our needs. My wife and I are looking forward to our 43rd anniversary week in August of 2016 at another Sandals resort. I have been bragging to everyone that would listen as to how absolutely great our experience was.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

My two experiences at Sandals were as different as day and night. My first visit I paid for 4 people and the wedding. That was a real stretch for us because we don't really have a lot of money, both of our cars are over 10 years old, lower middle class, etc. It was in every way a five star visit. I felt it would even be unwise to go somewhere else and shared that with my friends.

Second visit. I hadn't been on the grounds at Sandals more than 10 minutes before I made it to the dive shop. That's why I go. Of course my wife and I both enjoy the total experience, but without the diving I would not go. I am the type of person that cannot set contently. Too many things on my mind. I needs to stay busy and active. I was glad to see a dive master named Yogi, they use nicknames, because I had dove with him previously and liked him. I know he remembered me. It's a joke with my wife and friends that no one ever forgets me. I'm 6 foot 4, have long, silver, curly hair, gregarious, 50 years old, and have always done things that most people would be afraid to do like doing a one and a half front flip off of a high cliff that most people would not consider jumping off of. I still race motorcycles off road endurance or desert racing. I enjoy entertaining people old and young alike - I pay equal attention to all. I'm funny and make friends everywhere I go. You'll see in a minute why I mention this.

The agreement with Sandals is if you have a current P.A.D.I. diving certificate you are offered as many dives as physics will allow by calculation. I was certified in 1979 and have dove everywhere from Alaska to the Caribbean, underwater caves and in rivers on recovery missions with zero visibility and only about two feet with a powerful light. I'm skilled and cautious. I've never been injured in an extreme activity. I have a love of people and consider myself responsible for them when in my company.

Yogi told me that my diving certificate was no longer valid. I said that could not be and suggested they check the records because it was the same certificate I dove with two years previously and requested that they call PADI for verification as they are available 24/7 around the world to make sure things like this don't happen. The next day they said they had checked and that I would need lessons to update my license, so I paid $500 for additional classes but those additional classes only took me about halfway to where I had previously been certified. My card had no limits, no restrictions. But I believed them, why wouldn't I? Divers are all part of the same brotherhood, nor did I believe that I could get swindled at a Sandals resort. I'd never had a bad experience with a dive co. in 30 years.

On board there was a man visiting there that had the second highest certification available. He was a master of a diving school. His customer was the United States Navy. I asked them to defer to this man's high rank. They would not, so I spent my trip taking classes, doing paperwork and taking lousy Training dives where there's nothing good to see and ended up spending the trip feeling abused and very depressed. Then upon returning home I called PADI. To express my disappointment that they did not inform me that my card was invalid as it turned out my card was perfectly valid. In fact the man I talked to had the same card I did from the seventies - perfectly valid, no restrictions. It's been a couple of years and life events have kept me from following up on this but every time I think about it I still get depressed, I feel angry; that's not why I spent $4000.

In addition while there we complained to every person possible and Management were unwilling to do anything other than defend their diving department, not even interested in looking into it. Since we've been home we've written complaints and all we've gotten is sorry. This is my first public complaint but it won't be my last including a lawsuit. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Sometime before this trip the original owner and founder Butch turn control of Sandals over to his I think 26 year old son.. Kinda makes you wonder?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2015

Good Morning. We checked in at Sand Dunes and Resort on Aug. 13 and had the worse experience so far staying at this resort. We've tried numerous times to reach management but they've failed to respond. Here is a recap of our stay: Upon check-in, the receptionist was impatient and was charging us more for the room because she bundled up the charges with my sister who was also staying at the resort. After 30 min. of breaking down the charges with her, we finally were able to pay that off. Upon arrival at the room, we noticed one of the lamp was broken and all the shelving was missing in the fridge. We called the front desk and the Engineer came and informed us that he'll fix it by tomorrow (Aug. 14).

Today is Aug. 16th and no one has shown up to fix anything up. The room wasn't cleaned properly and our bed sheets smelled so strongly of grease. The doors hinges were so rusty that each time you open and close the door, you hear a loud noise. The fan is so rusty that it makes a loud noise all night if you leave it on in the room. Without the fan, it's too hot in the room. The balcony door handle is broken but once again the lack of care is apparent in the room.

The 2nd day (Aug. 14), we woke up to no water in the hotel! The staff failed to offer other alternatives and told us it'll be 6 hours before the issue is resolved! I don't understand how guests were asked to wait to use the restrooms or not utilize the room for 6 hours in the morning. On Aug. 14th, we were at the pool outside of the Mango Grove Restaurant and we were stopped by a lady monitoring towel usage of the pool. She claimed to be the president of Sand Dune and Resort and stated that we can't use the towels! She created a hostile environment for us and the kids and we had to walk away and complained to the front desk.

Since we have been here, we have called and visited the front desk numerous times to send someone to clean our room. However, we have been here 4 days and NO ONE has shown up to clean our room. We ran out of towels and toilet papers and everyone has been ignoring our requests. Last night, we had to go pick it up ourselves from the front desk so we can at least use the bathroom. We didn't realize we need to carry our own cleaning supplies on our trip because on your website, it claimed to be an all-inclusive resort! We have stack of trash piling up and asked for a vacuum but no response. I don't understand who's running this resort if all the requests are ignored. We have seen numerous cockroaches. No parking spaces available, broken elevators (we even got stuck in the broken elevator)! The outlets don't work either! To conclude, this is one of the worst resort ever and we will never recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 26, 2015

We arrived at St. Lucia's airport on the afternoon of the 20th June after having flown from Denver, Colorado since 9.00pm of the previous night. We were exhausted and were ready for a good rest and holiday. It was the first holiday for us in 2 years. When we got to the airport, we were told that we would take the shuttle which would consist of a scenic drive to our Resort, The Halcyon. The drive was 1hr 40min. The so called scenic drive was terrible. All we saw along the way were corrugated shacks, car parts and people selling bananas along the way.

Eventually we got to Halcyon. Right away we could see that the entrance to the resort was nothing like the picture you have online or in the brochures you advertise. The lounge sofas were old, worn out and even the colors had faded. The first thing we saw was cats everywhere in the lobby. We were then accompanied to our room by. When the concierge opened the door of the room, right away I was dismayed. The room had to have the lights on all day as it was dark and dingy. We asked if we could use the bathroom in the room and the toilet would not even flush. After that, I said that we did not want to stay in this room. They offered another room but it was just as bad so we decided to get some lunch and think about it.

According to the front desk the only 2 restaurants open were the Bayside Restaurant and the Beach Bistro. The Buffet at the Bayside restaurant looked like it had been sitting there for hours and no one had refreshed the food. At the Beach Bistro we asked for fish of the day or a fish burger and they said they had no fish so we had to settle for chicken. Whilst we were eating there were cats everywhere waiting for food. What made it worse was that while we were eating there was a cat fight - 2 cats tried to attack a third cat. People were shouting at the two cats to stop that - it was awful.

The beach was very small and nothing like the beautiful colors you show in your brochures. Hardly any sand. There were no people swimming in the sea and very few people in the pool. We also did not see any water sports whatsoever. The only boat we saw was a single hobie boat out at sea. No one snorkeling, no one windsurfing, no one using aqua trikes or even paddle boats.

We therefore decided that the Halcyon was not for us so we went back to the front and spoke with the Front Office Manager. She called the Grand Resort and she said they were full. She then called La Toc and they said that they were able to accommodate us. By then we were so tired, we just decided to go ahead and leave the Halcyon. We had to pay for our own taxi to take us to La Toc.

When we got to La Toc, the resort looked slightly better. Nothing like the 5* Diamond like they claim to be. We were again shown to our room. Everything in the room looked worn out. The mattress must have been at least 15 years old. The pillows had nobody in them. The coffee pot did not work. There was an ice bucket lid but no ice bucket. The floor was dirty and worse of all the Air Conditioner was leaking even when it was off. We called the maintenance and ** came to fix it. According to him it was 'no problem to fix'. So he did something and left. The a/c not only continued to leak but was worse. We had to place a towel on the A/C and also on the tiled floor as it was dangerous slippery. The TV remote control and the a/c remote control were all taped at the back as they falling apart.

That evening we went to dinner at the Pavilion of La Toc. We were sitting down for our dinner to arrive for over one hour. The Pavilion was not even full and yet we waited forever. When we did eventually get our dinner, it was lukewarm. The entertainment provided was Cowboy Eddie. He was not even in the Pavilion. He was singing from the upper lobby. The music was worse on Sunday when they had the Live Reggae Band. I do not think that there were more than 8 couples listening.

The activities for the day on Sunday were Water Balloon Toss, Beach Volleyball and Bocce Ball competition. None of these activities were held because there was no one to organize them or any guest interested in taking part in this poor selection of choice. On Sunday we went to the Cricketer's Pub for tea (very British). We got our cup, we got our teabag but it took them over 20 minutes to bring us some hot water. Although we were at a typical British pub, they had no idea that anyone would even order a cup of tea.

Breakfast at La Toc was a fight to keep the birds from snatching your food. There were black birds pecking at the buffet which most of it was not covered. The pastries they had out were dry and so was the bread. The sausages and bacon were all oily. The food had again not been replenished and refreshed. We went and spoke to the General Manager letting her know that we were not happy with Sandals La Toc. She showed us a similar room as the one we were staying at but refused to refund any monies if we left early because she said the original booking was with Halcyon Beach and it was their responsibility to refund us any monies. We decided we wanted to go back home as Sandals was not the 'Garden of Eden' that was advertised.

On the last morning at La Toc we did not have any hot water to take a shower. It was only lukewarm. We had to pay for 2 other flights out of St. Lucia as we left after only 2 days. We also had to stay overnight in Georgia and therefore had to pay for a hotel there. We have contacted Sandals and send them photos of all we saw and so far the General Manager of Halcyon has only given us an apology with no word of compensation. Has anyone managed to get compensation from Sandals and if so how were you able to do so. An apology to me will not suffice.

As per the booking enclosed, we had to pay another $200 each to have our flight tickets changed. We are also attaching pictures of how Sandals advertises Halcyon and the difference we saw when we stayed at Halcyon and La Toc. We intend pursuing this matter for 'false advertising', having to pay for another set of Delta tickets as well as having our holiday which we had been looking forward to for months cut short and having to return home. I am attaching some pictures of your brochure found at the Halcyon Beach and then I am sending the pictures we took of what we saw at the Halcyon Beach as well as La Toc.

Original review: June 16, 2015

We just returned from 7 days and 6 nights at Sandals Grande Antigua and we couldn't be happier! We did a lot of research and were aware of the many negative reviews online. We were ready for the public beach and aware of how pushy the vendors could be. We were able to let them all know that we weren't interested in the first two days and all but one kept asking us if we wanted anything (just the lady trying to braid my husband's hair). The concierge services were great even though we forgot to verify it was our honeymoon 30 days prior. We still received all the included honeymoon benefits and they were extremely helpful when I got sick on the 1st day and my husband rolled his ankle on our 2nd to last day.

The food was fantastic. We were huge fans of everything at Barefoot and the cats were super sweet in their begging for fish all around the resort. One in particular really loved us and adopted us during our stay. We had a Beach Front Luxe Walkout room and the cat found us eating our lunch on our patio one day and she found us daily and snuggled with us constantly. The beach was wonderful and the extreme excursions was amazing! It's the one we recommend the most. They took us on a speed boat all around the island and we visited Sting Ray Island (amazing), had an amazing lunch at Green Island, snorkeled at the Pillars of Hercules, and we had a final stop at Pinching Beach (which you can only get to by sea).

Our tour guides were fantastic and it was spread being on a small speed bait and getting individual attention to make the experience even more amazing! I really can't recommend this tour enough if you can handle being jostled around as the bait zips around the island. Since we booked our trip during one of their specials we were able to pay for almost all of it with the credit we got and didn't have to shell out too much money. This was our first all inclusive resort and the first time in Antigua and I really can't wait to go back for our 20th anniversary!

Original review: June 3, 2015

The Honeymoon from Hell!!! Courtesy of: Sandals Resorts in the Bahamas. Our Honeymoon was all set for May 11th through May 16th. My wife and I hoped that the week would be magical, instead it was one problem after another, and to make matters worse it seemed as if Sandals Management did not care. As of Tuesday May 19th we still have not heard from the Customer Service Department even after I wrote to them Saturday evening as soon as we arrived home from the airport.

Monday May 11th (Our first day at Sandals) we arrived shortly after 1 pm, our Mercedes transfer was very nice, and our driver ** was nice and gave us a short tour on our way to Sandals. We arrived at Sandals and we were greeted by our Butler **, who took us to Spices for lunch and said he would be back in about a half hour. He told us the room was not ready yet, they need more time to set up some items. (I figured they arranging the room to make it special since it was our honeymoon.) We filled out some paperwork regarding our preferences. About an hour went by and we did not see **, I started to ask some staff members if they could find him for us. They attempted to find him and said they had no luck but would keep trying. Another 20 minutes went by and we still had could not find **. We waited about an hour and twenty minutes to about an hour and half.

When he finally did arrive he said there was a problem with our room and they would upgrade us to a nicer room. I insisted I wanted the room we booked, which was a private villa with access to a private pool, which was a little bit further away from the resort. Since it was our honeymoon we wanted privacy. They took us to the room. The only problem is there was wet paint signs and wet signs indicating that would had just been stained and it smelled like chemicals in the room. I was annoyed because we wanted to the private villa. Now we headed over to the upgrade room. (Which we come to learn is not even in the newest building so it was not much of an upgrade.) In addition I wanted the room we booked for privacy. We get to the room and nothing in the room was done to signify it was our honeymoon. They did not do anything special.

Also our butler said he did not even know it was our honeymoon and why didn’t we let the resort know it was our honeymoon. To which I replied we did, we sent it on the paperwork that we filled out regarding our special requests for the room. None of the specials requests were done, even though we waited at Spices for almost 90 minutes because they need to set the room up. Now we have wasted about two and half hours of our first day being left at Spices and then another hour going between rooms. After we decided to stay in that room even though it did not seem like an upgrade at all. It was the second level and the room was slightly bigger. Now we get our Butler phone, and we are told if we need anything at all to just use it and call our butler. At about 5:30 PM our phone stops working. For some reason we could make a phone call but we could not hear our butler.

I go to the management office to ask for another phone, apparently they have no back up phones what so ever. If a phone breaks apparently they is no contingency plan in place so we’re told we would not be able to get a new phone until tomorrow morning, but one would be given to us ASAP. Our first night we could not use the butler because we had no real way of getting in contact with him. When we wandered around the resort we bumped into ** from time to time and otherwise a service we were paying for was utterly useless until the next day.

Tuesday May 12th we were told by management we would have a phone first thing in the morning, I assumed that meant 8 AM or 9 AM the latest. Around 9 AM a manager in charge of the Butler service I believe her name was ** called and asked if we had received the new phone. I told her we had not received one yet, and she should have known that since she was calling us on the room phone and not the actual butler phone. She promised we would have one within the hour, so now I go outside with my wife to sit by the pool, and hour goes by and we still had no phone. I then had to get up and waste my time and walk across the resort to the management office. I spoke with **, who said we should have received a phone and how this is completely unacceptable and she apologized.

I said fine, and she made a few phone calls and as it would turn out they had a phone but none of the backup batteries were charged. Around 11:30 they put the phone in our room and it need a good 3 or more hours to charge. That would bring us to around 3pm or 4pm and we actually got the phone from ** our butler at 3:45 pm so half a day again was wasted and we did not have access to a service we paid for. We saw other people calling and utilizing their phones to get what they wanted. Instead my wife and I had to get everything ourselves. Good thing we paid all this money for an exclusive butler service.

Wednesday May 13th. Now we have working phones, and we figure today will be a better day and we can finally start our honeymoon, up until this point I spent more time going between rooms and talking to management then I have been spending with my wife. Well I was wrong, my wife and I ate breakfast around 8 am I showered and went outside around 9:15 AM, she was getting all set to shower and apparently because of some emergency with the plumbing they had to shut off all the water in the building and my wife was unable to shower. Being clean and showered every day is very important to my wife (as I am sure it is to most guest at a resort). The only way my wife could shower was she had to pack up all her stuff and walk across the resort in her robe and flip flops to a small hospitality room and shower there.

She gets all the way over there and they have no hot water only cold water and while she was in this small room the power goes out in the room and she got scared and stubbed her toe. (I was over in management office again complaining about her not being able to shower and the power went off in the office while I was standing in there.) Needless to say my wife did not shower and wasted her whole morning trying to get a shower, as a result she was very upset and miserable all day because she felt unclean. (Thank you Sandals.) Yet another day ruined on our honeymoon.

Thursday May 14th I had no plans to watch TV on our honeymoon. I am not a big TV watcher to begin with and the resort only had a few channels. I did know however they had both ESPN and TNT which is what the NBA playoffs were being broadcast on. We had a 9 PM reservation for Thursday night dinner. My plan was to watch the Bulls playoff game while I got ready to go out to dinner. Except for one problem. The TV service went out for the whole resort that night and I was unable to even do something as simple as watch TV at this lovely resort. Apparently they were doing something with the TV service and they were able to get it back on for part of the resort, but you guessed it as luck would have it we were not part of the lucky few to get the TV back, and I was forced to miss the Bulls final playoff game.

This annoyed me because of how our week had already been going and then also because something as simple as TV cannot work and I am paying all this money and I can’t even watch TV at this resort. Needless to say I was very annoyed because nothing has gone right on our honeymoon. Management all week has been saying they will do something to make it up to us, and up until this point, no one has done a thing. Not one manager has even personally come to our room to check on us.

Friday May 15th. Our butler service is supposed to start at 7 AM every morning, I get up every morning at 6:45 AM and go to the gym. Today I wanted to surprise my wife and have our breakfast served on the balcony so when I got up I called our Butler for the day who was **, at about 7:05 AM no one picked up so I walked over to the gym. Kept calling no one picked up and now it was around 7:45 AM I kept calling and still no pick up. I also notice on my way back from the gym no pool lounges were reserved for I saw another butler outside and asked him if he knew where ** was. He did not, I was concerned because nothing at the pool was reserved for us. He was nice enough to put a sign on some lounges that said reserved for room 1205. I kept calling ** and I never did get him to pick up and the romantic breakfast I wanted to have was ruined and our breakfast which showed up every day at 8 AM was 25 minutes late.

I was now extremely mad because I again could not use the our butler service. I called management they insisted the phone was broke even though I don’t think it was this time all the calls went through (I took pictures of my phone log so see attached photos). Again management apologized that our phone was broke and gave us a new one but yet another day in paradise was ruined. Nothing special was done for our honeymoon. Now while all this is going on I find ** in her office because I am so mad and upset and proceed to help me and said they would speak to the hotel manager and they alluded to that they would be taking care of our massages because they said asked if we were getting massages and I said yes and she said let her see what she could do regarding them. Then about an hour later ** comes over to me sitting at the pool and said what is the likelihood that I would ever come back to a Sandals resort again?

I told her that was ridiculous question to ask right now because so far we have been here 5 days and our trip has been miserable and you have done nothing to fix it so why would I ever come back to a Sandals resort. She agreed and walked away without saying anything else. Now onto our massages we had a 5:45 PM for an hour massage, which to me mean that I get a massage for a full 60 minutes that does not include the time it takes to fill out paper work or time it takes for us to get undressed. Apparently at Sandals that is not the case. Our massage started around 6 PM which I can prove because I took a picture of the room at 5:52 which has a time stamp on it showing the time and if our massages were an hour long they should have gone until about 7 PM.

Instead if you look at the picture attached of our receipt it shows the time of 6:45 PM which means we started our massage at 5:45 and so how got undressed and dressed again and got an hour massage and were still able to check out by 6:45 PM. We were charged for an hour massage and got about a 38 minute massage, which by the way when I asked if ** or management put a note on our account they said no so we ended up paying for the massage ourselves.

Thank you Sandals! So I called ** when we were done and she said that it should have been a full hour. I said if that was the case I should still be getting a massage and instead I am on the phone with you and she agreed and said she would call over and ask them. She told me that they said they gave us an hour massage which is a lie because I have proof with the picture and if nothing else the time on our receipt shows us leaving in exactly an hour which is ridiculous considering before and after a massage you need to get undressed and dressed again.

Saturday May 16th our last day on the resort. Nothing has gone right. Our honeymoon is over and it was miserable, our butler ** was supposed to check us out and he did not. We walked down on our own because we could not locate him. As I was walking around I ran into a man named **, who I come to find out is the Hotel Manager and I told him how horrible our trip and I was under the impression ** and ** spoke to him on our behalf he had no prior knowledge of all our problems, I then proceed to show him the receipt for the massage and the picture. He agreed to me that the picture I took was in his resort, and that the time was 5:52 PM and then I showed him the receipt stating our check out time was 6:45 PM so I asked him to explain to me how that constitutes an hour massage?

All he could say was that while he agrees with what I am saying that there is 3 sides to every story insinuating that my side the GUEST is not telling the truth even though clear as day I have proof of it being less than hour long, but he said he could see. I was upset so he took the charge off the bill, I told him I am upset that the our honeymoon was ruined and no one in Sandals management seemed to care. Then again we almost missed our ride to the airport because again our Butler was nowhere to be found and this was a service we paid premium money. I am stating for the record I want a full refund because our entire week was miserable. I do not want another trip in place or vacation at another Sandals property in place of a refund. I have been a manager for 12 years in retail and restaurants, and this was the worst service I have ever seen in my life, each and every day management dropped the ball.

The right thing to do would be to offer us a refund and which makes us even for the horrible week and if you ever wanted our business again you would offer us a trip some place to show us that this is not normal behavior at a Sandals resort but I do not expect this because I saw how badly we were treated on the resort. For a resort that prides itself on world class service I certainly did not see one bit of that service and you can ask ** or **. I did not shout, I did not curse, and I did not make a scene. I remained calm because I truly believed they would make it right and they did not fixed anything and as a result our honeymoon was horrible. Plus I had to waste 2 hours of my time typing this email. This trip total cost us almost 6200 dollars, which we both worked hard for to earn and pay for it and we both feel like we were robbed of our money and of an experience which is once in a lifetime and that is your honeymoon.

Original review: May 27, 2015

Most complicated, expensive way to travel. Do not listen to the agent telling you that the room rates will only increase with time. I made reservations 3 months in advance and 2 weeks before the trip. Much better rooms were $1000.00 less than I paid 3 months ahead. And changing anything costs between $300-$500. Plus our flight arrangements were not together. They seat you anywhere and everywhere unless you pay $104.00 each to upgrade. Horrible service, horrible representatives, horrible experience.

Original review: May 19, 2015

My wife and I visited this particular resort in November over the week of Thanksgiving after getting married on the first of the month. Everything was going hunky-dory until the morning of Thanksgiving Day, November 27th, 2014. My wife and I were taking the Island Routes Excursion to the Appleton Rum Factory. About half-way through the journey, our JUTA (Jamaican Union of Travelers Association) tour minibus, which included us as passengers along with 3 other couples, was slammed on the side by a large, marl-laden dump truck. My wife, sitting window-side, had her arm sliced open from her shoulder down to her forearm as well as tendons hanging out of her right hand with some completely shattered metacarpals.

After the initial shock, we stumbled out of the mini-bus asking on-lookers for help. I tied the shirt I was wearing around my wife's gaping arm simply to hold it together and to stop some bleeding. After several on-lookers/island residents took some pictures of us with cellphones, one man was kind enough to stop in his car to drive us, our driver, and another badly injured couple to the near-by hospital in Black River.

The emergency room and hospital itself was open air and very unclean. Typical of a poor country such as Jamaica but jarring nonetheless since we found ourselves in the middle of it. I assisted as much as I could in the "ER" while my wife was bandaged. She was X-rayed and operated on to suture her massive wounds on her arm and hand.

Sandals was kind enough to assist me and the husband of the other woman badly injured in the crash to take care of our wives as best we could by providing linens, toilet paper, food, and driving me and the other husband back and forth from the hotel to the hospital. The hospital did not provide these items, and as we did not anticipate this part of our trip we were grateful for the resort in helping with that matter.

After a 2 day stay at the hospital, she was luckily well enough to fly out on our original commercial flight back home on the 29th. Once landing, we obviously went straight to the hospital where we stayed for 5 nights. The stay included heavy antibiotics and another surgery. She is still undergoing therapy for her hand (twice a week, every week) since we've gotten back and will have another surgery on her hand tomorrow.

The most disturbing thing about this whole ordeal is that Sandals Resorts International has completely ignored our attorney's countless attempts of contacting them, nor have they been in contact with us since we returned to the States. Now that our medical bills are piling up, we are doing whatever we can to get this issue resolved but there has been no attempt of contact on the part of SRI, Island Routes, or JUTA on any level. When we attempt to contact them we seem to get the run-around every time and ultimately nobody calls back. While Sandals has these beautiful resorts all over the world, it is now clear to me they care little about their customers even when they are in great need because of something that happened while in their care.

Original review: May 5, 2015

Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort - We went to this resort for Easter week. Within a couple of days I had a severe case of food poisoning. I was so violently sick I missed most of the reunion week activities due to being stuck in the bedroom. I had such severe stomach cramps I was in so much pain. The nurse was horribly rude and the management had to intervene numerous times. The nurse at one point called me and told me to go to the hospital to give a stool sample to "prove" I had food poisoning... never in my life have I heard of that being necessary, and certainly I was not keen on leaving the room as I was not able to be more than two feet from the bathroom. My husband also experienced a more minor case of the food poisoning and was sick for an entire night.

Our butler service was sub par and they were never around to help. They do not even bother with the bare minimum. It is not worth the money or time to visit this outdated and poorly kept resort. The food (when not giving you violent illness) is just ok. It is nothing to write home about and certainly not any better than a regular everyday restaurant.

The pools have slipper tile around the sides and my husband slipped and fell on one of the tiles. We called over and over again on our butler phone for ice and to find out options for medical care as it was our last night there and we were leaving in the morning. However, NO ONE answered our butler phone the entire day and night. We later learned no one was assigned to us that day. Horrible service and horrible planning on their part. The nurse did not answer. That was not shocking at all. My husband decided he could handle the pain and we would wait till he got home as he was disgusted at this point by the horrific vacation and care of the staff.

We got home and I immediately took him to urgent care as soon as we were off the airplane and it is where we learned his ankle was broken. He met with a surgeon a couple of days later who confirmed it was not only broken, but, the MRI showed it was also fractured in another location and a piece of cartilage was broken off. He may require surgery and is in an air cast. We have endured numerous bills due to this and he can't drive due to it being his right leg. Not to mention all of the copays and medical bills we have from this horrible incident.

We now have to pay for a lawn service as he can't walk and cut our large yard, he has missed work, we have missed social events due to his severe pain, etc. Sandals asked for all medical documents, pictures, etc. and I provided all x-rays, medical reports, MRI reports, etc and was just informed that they won't do anything since it was not "reported" to them. Funny thing is if they looked at the butler phone log they would see we called probably 20 or 30 times that day - I had to seek out a housekeeper to locate ice for his extremely swollen ankle. There were numerous witnesses to his fall at the pool (including those who we have contact info) and including the rude staff members who worked the DJ music who laughed when my husband fell and did NOT offer any assistance.

To say I am disgusted by the response of Sandals is an understatement. We will be pursuing this further legally as a member of the family who is an attorney was also disgusted by Sandals stance on this matter.

Original review: April 22, 2015

Let me start by saying this is our fourth trip to sandals and never have we been so disappointed at this long awaited expense only to be so upset. We went to the Grande Riviera which while we were there was so how renamed Ochi Beach well needless to say there is no beach. We were escorted to our room over a restaurant which looked out over a large piece of dirty wood floating in the water which was supposed to be a swim out raft! There was no beach that existed except beach lounges lined up along a very small area of seaweeded water. If you wanted to walk to the pool area you had to walk single file along an area that was so narrow only one person at a time.

The hotel was so disappointing to look at so we were moved to the other side of the Grande in the garden area where there was too much construction going on that my white clothing was stained several times during the 7 days there. We needed a jitney to get to and from the hotel which took forever to come. The toilet in the room did not work and after complaining for three days we finally go maintenance to come and fix it. This is not what I call a relaxing vacation having to deal with so many problems that needed to be fixed. I could have stayed at work! Sandals really disappointed us this time and we talked about never going back!!!

Original review: April 17, 2015

I made reservation for Oct 2012. The reservation was cancel due to bad weather by your resort. We reschedule it for March of 2013. But, I was told I had to pay an additional $600.00 for our air fare. I try to explain that I didn't cancel, you all did. The lady I was talking to said it didn't matter, I had to make up the difference. I feel this is not fair because I didn't cancel, you all did. I have try to call several other times and was told I would get a call back, but have not had anyone call me about this matter. I need someone to get back to me about this matter. Thank you.

Sandals Resorts Company Information