David's Bridal

New York, NY

Compare Wedding Websites

Research top Wedding Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I booked an appointment with David's Bridal to look for a dress to wear on my daughter's wedding. I was supposed to be there for one hour, but the lady who was assigned to help me, ended the appointment after 20 min. telling me that there is nothing that I would like at the store and I better go to square one!! I tried 2 dresses only, one that she picked for me, and the other one was of my choice. She left me unattended in the dressing room, and went to help another customer, and I had to call her to come back. And when I said that I didn't try enough dresses, she said that I can browse on my own and call her if I need anything.

But I was called 5 min. later by speakers to go to the desk. My understanding I had to leave the store??? Both the lady at the desk and the one who helped me were having a conversation that I tried 3 dresses and that there is nothing for me (as explained by the later). I said to the ladies, that this is not nice at all, and left the store. Nobody bothered to ask what is happening or investigate more why I was pissed. I'm really disappointed and won't recommend the store to anyone.

I am treated very well (More like a celebrity) whenever I come in the door at Southaven Towne Center in Southaven MS... Chris is always there to make sure I'm taking care of if he's unavailable. Today he made sure he help take care of me and my bridesmaids. He made sure that what I ordered will arrive on a certain date and let me know that an e-mail will let me know when it arrives. I appreciate his perfectionist!!! He's the greatest!!!

Run far and fast away from David's Bridal. Brides-to-be: do not, I repeat, do not shop David's Bridal. We have had the most horrendous struggle in prep for my sister's big day. She was refused water during her fitting, I was called a liar for attempting to pick up a dress, and most recently my dress arrived way too small with no time to order another. Through it all we have been accused of doing wrong on our part, or lied to. In an attempt to make things better I was offered an off the rack dress 3 sizes too big to replace my $300 order that they had pre-existing knowledge would be made too small. Terrible place. No empathy, no valid attempts to make it right. Stay away!

I have dealt with David's Bridal 2 yrs ago and again one month ago and both times it was a disaster. I am planning my wedding for May and we have completely avoided David's Bridal and will never go back. I bought a necklace online that looked very nice and when it arrived it looked like a wire with beads on it. It don't even fit like a necklace, it's awful!! I emailed customer service to see if I could return it the next day and they said, "No you can't return jewelry." I explained that the quality of this necklace was terrible and probably worth about 2.00. (I paid 100.00). So 2 weeks later I called customer service to ask again if I could return it and she said, "Yes but you're out of your 14 day return period." I said I emailed customer service the next day and they said, "No." She then said, "Oh no you can't return it then". I don't have money to throw away but they don't care. They know how to ruin a wedding for sure!!! Please stay away from there!!

I in fact kept my appointment on February 25th at the Westbury, NY store. As we got there we had a decent visit, one minor hiccup when a few of the store associates that was not working with me and my group came over and took our chairs stating that the district manager did not want any chairs on the floor in the try on area. One associate kept one chair for my grandmother and we went on with our visit. I ended up finding the dress that I loved there as well as my bridesmaids dresses. The associate that helped us was very helpful, persistent and knowledgeable. We even gave her an amazing Yelp review!

My issue starts when it is time to pick up my dress. The store called me on March 25th to tell me that my dress had arrived early. The rep told me that the dress had been there for a little over a week and that I was sent emails. Though I had received no emails, we both agreed that it was possible that they simply could have gotten lost or sent to the spam folder possibly. Either way I thanked her for calling and I let her know that my mother was in NY for a visit and that my father lived in NY so one of my parents would be in to pick up my dress. But at that moment I was not sure who so I told her that I would call her back to let her know. She said that was fine that she would hold it for the rest of the week and if she did not hear from me or if one of the two people did not come for it she would ship it.

She also reminded me to be sure they had the receipt OR at least a picture of the receipt or they wouldn't be able to give the dress to them. I said okay and that was the end of the call. I called back on Thursday when I did I spoke to Bren who before she asked me anything told me that my dress had been shipped. I asked her for tracking information, she asked me for my name and phone number and she told me that there was none, that my dress was picked up on March 24th. I let her know that was not possible as I wasn't made aware of the fact that my dress was in the store until the 25th. She goes on to state that the dress was picked up there were NO notes BUT there were detailed notes from the 25th. She told me that she would call me back.

When she did I called customer service prior to her calling me back as at this point I am in over my head with disappointment from David's Bridal. The customer service rep told me the picked up can mean different things. If that is the case why would the associate telling me a bride to be that my dress was picked up if it wasn't the customer service rep told me that she would look into it and she called me back after 4 that evening. Meaning for the ENTIRE DAY I had no clue where my dress was!!! Customer service told me that the dress was on the manager’s rack. I requested for the issue to be escalated on THURSDAY of last week to this day I have yet to receive a call from ANYONE in the store OR cooperate! I called on Friday to confirm and someone else answers and tells me the exact same thing! My dress was picked up OR maybe shipped.

I spoke to Matt that day who is looking around and can neither confirm nor deny the location of my dress! Not only that, but there were NO notes added to my case regarding all that happened the day before! And still not one person has reached out to me. I am aware that this issue is not for your store however I feel slighted mostly by David’s Bridal but partially by you as my expectations were not that I would have the fairy tale experience you mentioned, but at least a decent and or smooth one! I am planning my own wedding and this experience with this company has been devastating! As I am overwhelmed already at this point I am not even sure that they know where my dress is! I am scared to call! Nobody has called me!

Dealing with David’s bridal has been the worst experience ever and it keeps getting worst not only from that store’s employees but now up to customer service as well! The lady Kayla that I spoke with today told me that maybe the request to elevate the issue didnt go through due to phone issues they had on Saturday evening when the request was supposed to had been submitted Thursday afternoon! How does that even make sense? Which she realized that it didn't when I said something. Then she told me that my options were to wait ANOTHER 24 to 48 hours or to call back tomorrow which obviously those are my options! AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE! Thinking that possibly my dress is not there may or may not be in on time for my wedding I can't explain the level of stress this is causing I am so frustrated and there is nothing I can do but cry.

I wish I NEVER stepped foot in David's Bridal! You guys are RUINING my wedding experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Horrible experience talking to them on the phone. First time I walked in, the lady didn't know what'd look good one me. I don't have a perfect body and my sizes kept changing so she was probably confused. I still made an appointment and walked in for the second time as I checked and liked some online but they didn't have them at the store. Luckily I found one and purchased it in size 12 as they didn't have size 10. Alterations were needed around the bust due to size difference (that's what I thought). Went home and checked their website, the dress was available and I was little upset as they didn't even try to check online. Since it was late, I called the next day, explained that same to one of the staffs but she said size 12 and 10 were not that different and she can't help it if dress was available now. Told her it was impossible as I checked the website 2/3 hrs after I purchased the dress.

I don't deny getting agitated as she wouldn't listen to me and just said whatever she had to. Told her it's my first time and I'm overwhelmed and I had nothing against her but she was very rude, didn't seem to be interested. She did explain that alteration around the bust has nothing to do with size of the dress and that 12 and 10 sizes weren't that different at all which I'm sure is right as they know their brand more than I do. She said she could order size 10 but I just didn't want to take any risk since wedding is in June. I like the dress a lot and will stick to what I ordered but I'm very, very unhappy with the way she spoke to me and the attitude. She didn't seem to care much and gave a long sigh when I was explaining my concerns. I'm sure they have many people coming in and out, busy schedules but they could have handled it properly.

First, wrong information about dress not being available as I highly doubt a dress to be available online couple of hours after telling me it wasn't available. Second, rude and bad attitude. I'm probably reacting unnecessarily but being a bride looking for a dress, completely new in town and the experience I went through was very disappointing. I'll collect my dress on the given date but would not recommend any of my friends.

I had an issue with a dress and they never responded after I followed up with them. When I emailed them again 2 weeks later, I got a rude email from Michele. Such low quality dresses that are over-priced. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH DAVID'S BRIDAL AGAIN!

Customer service is horrible. They send you dress that are worn wipe sweat armpit stains. They are rude. Refuse to solve the problem. It been a nightmare dealing with these people. And corporate headquarters also I called. They just pass the buck. Don't ever use them.

One of my bridesmaid exchanged her dress because the size she order was too big. We call David's Bridal and they made the exchange. We sent the dress and they told us it will get here on March 15th, 2017. We called again just to confirm the order and everything was fine. We called today, March 20th because we haven't received the order yet but we are being told that the order was cancelled and they didn't even call us or sent us an email for our consent or to inform us of the sudden change. The most ** up ** about this is that we wouldn't have known if we didn't called. Our wedding is on April 29th, 2017, so you could only imagine the scare we are currently experiencing right now. I will advise anyone to not go with David Bridal, this anxiety and fear isn't worth it. Right now, their explanation is that the system had a glitch and a rep missed a letter in the email. Unbelievable!

I had appt with David Bridal today. Was so disappointed. The lady measured me, asked me what style of wedding dress I was looking for. I told her what I was looking for then she asked what price range. Once I told her price range she was no longer interested in helping and told me if I would like to look around I could. I was so discouraged that me and my sisters walked out. She didn't even care that we were leaving. I wasted my time and my sisters time. Such a shame. Would not recommend them at all.

Courtney the manager at the David Bridal's located in Westbury, New York completely disregarded the true meaning of customer service. She is did not take responsibility for the errors that were made By her staff, she immediately wanted us out of the store and refused to talk about alternatives except maybe finding another place to do the alterations. I assisted my niece today in her bridal fitting. The process took about an hour and half.

We talked to the tailor Minette who appeared to be very knowledgeable. She asked for the wedding date, talked about my niece's pregnancy and whether she knew the sex of the baby etc. Minette grew a bit concerned about the wedding date which is next weekend and whether they would be able to alter the dress in time. It was an hour and forty five minutes when Bebe (another alterations worker) went to speak with the manager Courtney. When Bebe returned she claimed the manager stated it was not possible to have the dress altered. While speaking with Courtney to assess the situation she appeared to be closed off, self righteous and firm in her stance. We explained that when my niece purchased the dress Matthew was fully aware of the dates. They made the appointment one week before her wedding and no one questioned it because they said it would be a rush and assured her that it would be fine.

I am completely floored that my pregnant, soon to be married niece has to go through the hassle of going through another fitting. No one took responsibility for error or made an attempt that support and despite the disservice we spent more money to purchase shoes and the bridal dresses. Not mention the shoes we purchased are dirty. Courtney must be reprimanded and sent to a customer care development program. Managers are humans. It's critical to connect with the clients beyond, "Give me your card or cash".

When I ordered my mother of the bride dress, I was told it would be made to for my height. They even have record of writing my height down, but later say that it is just a general question they always ask. I was very concerned about the length, so I made sure it was going to be made to for me. Especially with the price I was paying for the dress. Then it started. Two months passed and I still hadn't heard of my dress came in. I finally called them. They had the dress for over 2 months and never contacted me like they said they would. I told them I would be in in a few days as I just got out of the hospital.

Two days later I got a ride phone call demanding my dress be picked up within 7 days. I explained I had just called and they didn't just get my dress in, they have had it for months, I would be there as soon as I could. When I got to the store, they didn't have any customers, but still couldn't find the kindness to help me in the dressing room without me coming out half dressed asking for assistance. They were having more fun talking among themselves. Then, the bomb drops. The dress is at least 5 inches too long. They didn't do what was promised. They didn't make the dress to fit my length.

When I asked about it, she just rudely as I... "we don't do that. You have to pay extra for alterations, but if you want a refund on the dress you can." Really? Like I have time to find a new dress now. They didn't offer a discount on alterations or even care. They care about a sale. The money. Not your day, the event, how you're treated. It's not worth it. I even called the corporate office. They don't care either. The sales people will say anything to make a sale, and then you're screwed. I think they hold the dress until the last minute knowing you can't just go find something else.

Not only did we not get a paper statement and get an email statement a few days before our payment was due... I tried to go into the store to pay the bill on the due date and the employees said I could not pay in-store (which is completely backward). So I go home and go to their website and have to deal with their poorly designed website for 10 minutes. Once I finally find the page for the credit card, I log in and try to make the payment and it says I can't make the payment because it was after 8 pm. It was 8:09. So now I'll have a late fee and get a mark on my credit because I wasted time going to their store and dealing with their website. 9 minutes after 8 is still the same day. Why does David's Bridal have an 8 pm cutoff for an automated service? I don't even think they could tell you. And don't bother trying to talk to customer service, because they can't help you. All they do is tell you what you already know. Thanks for nothing.

I booked an appointment at a bridal expo (mistake number one), fully aware I had well over a year before my wedding. But, I thought it'd be fun to take my daughter out for girls night with my mom and sisters to try on dresses. The girl at the desk was kind of rude, and our "consultant" was all over the place as we awkwardly stood around for a good 15-20 minutes. I told her I want a backless dress (she didn't know what that meant) since my fiance is working on a back tattoo that I would like to show off at our wedding, and she gave me a look of complete disgust.

My stepdaughter, who is only five, was having a blast trying on dresses so I hated to ruin her fun by not wanting to be, until our rude consultant (who I was later told was the worst person I could've had help us) told my daughter she didn't look good in a dress and that She didn't like it (and I get that everybody has an opinion, but don't rain on my kid's parade). Our three hour appointment lasted about an hour of that.

David's Bridal is typically the first place people think of when wedding dress shopping and I wish we would change that, there is so many other options. I would seriously consider looking elsewhere. I would use them as a last resort. Once you put money down even an hour later they will not let you cancel, no returns, no refunds, no matter what. They will pressure you into getting something there with little regard to you or your wedding day. They don't care about you or making you happy for your wedding day, they simply care about getting as much money from you as they can and keeping it.

There are so many options besides them for wedding dresses, check out Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom's, JCPenney's, seriously David's is not your only option. Most people have wedding dress doubts after buying one so I'd be sure to consider cancellation and return policies before shopping anywhere, you want to know the place you get your dress from has the ultimate goal of you being happy on your wedding day and that's not the case at David's Bridal.

I have been to David's bridal for several dresses in the past and I have never had a problem before. Now going for my wedding it has been a terrible experience. The woman at the desk was terribly rude to me when I first went in to try wedding dresses on and was so excited. She said I was wasting my time coming in because I didn't have an appointment. So I scheduled an appointment and said I would look around while I was there. I was told to stop going through the dresses and come back when someone was available to help me.

I came back at my appointment time and was helped just fine when it came to my wedding dress. All the girls were sized for their dresses and started picking out which styles they liked. We came back a different day to finish trying the girls' dresses on and order them but they had lost the girls' sizes so we had to start over. Also we had to share one room for 4 girls!! We said we had the bride and 3 bridesmaids! Why not have at least 2 rooms and 2 people for us?! Then the lady kept leaving so we kept sitting around alone. It was ridiculous!

Yet another time we went then after to go and pick up the first bridesmaid's dress. They called me first, then her, and then left yet another voicemail on my phone but this time the guy swore! He said that this was "** ridiculous" and hung up. She went to pick the dress up and they told her at the desk that the dress had been shipped out to my house. They didn't even have my address on file! After she left they then called my phone and said the dress was available for pick up!

After a week of back and forth it was crazy we finally got her dress. Unfortunately we had to pick up 4 more! They never called or emailed for 2 more bridesmaids and when they went together to pick up their dresses it was a disaster. They stood there forever waiting to be helped, people kept going ahead of them, and then finally the mother of one of the girls complained and a manager told her that "David's Bridal didn't need their business and they can go somewhere else for their dresses."

Now a week later another bridesmaids has to pick up her dress and the last one has to order hers. I complained to the manager about the last time when I wasn't in and the fact that yet again no email or call about the bridesmaid dress coming in. I'm appalled that nothing has been done to compensate for all this mess and horrible service other than 10% off of 4 bridesmaids dresses, 1 was paid for prior to the problems. No money back for my dress, no services to steam my veil or dress, nothing to preserve my dress after. These are all services that they could easily provide to make this better and keep me, the bridesmaids, my mom, mother-in-law, and friends coming back. Now no one I ever speak with or my girls speak with would ever go here for anything. That's at least 5 weddings!!! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND DAVID'S BRIDAL TO ANYONE EVER!!!

My daughter ordered and paid for her dress from the Henrietta NY store. It was on sale and the dress tag was marked so. She was told the dress would take 6 to 8 weeks to come in after being made. We paid for the special garment bag as well. 10 days later she was told her dress was in. A friend picked it up for us and when we got the dress it was the same dress she had tried on at the store and had just a plastic bag on it. I could tell the dress was shop worn and I know it was the same dress. I called the manager who told me I could come and pick up the garment bag I paid for but there was nothing they could do about the dress.

I feel that this was totally fraudulent on their part after telling my daughter she would receive a new dress made for her. The manager told me to call customer service and when I dialed the number and waited to be prompted to put in "0" for customer service, the same manager that I had just spoken with picked up! We are just sick about this and should have gone with our gut instinct about David's...

I am a bridesmaids for my friend's wedding. I ordered a dress online and when received, was wrong color. I called online as I was unable to bring to store. The store will not exchange in person, apparently they have no capabilities to do so when a dress is purchased online. So as I call online customer service, I asked to have new dress in right color ordered. Long story short, was charged for 2 dresses after returning original dress. Called my bank. Had them credit my account from David's Bridal. (I still had NO dress at this point and was being charged twice.) Then 5 days later another charge of $139 appears from David's Bridal. I noticed charge went through on a Friday and I saw it on Saturday. Unfortunately, you can not speak to them on weekends... because they are closed!!!

I filed a claim with my bank instead due to the fact they were fraudulent in charging my account a total of 3 TIMES without my authorization when I only authorized a ONE time payment for just ONE dress I purchased. NEVER again will I do business with a David's Bridal!! I have also notified all my friends and family on social media, as word travels faster than anything else... and that's detrimental for a business.

When my girlfriends and I went to pick out our dresses, the woman helping us originally just walked away. No explanation or communication at all. So, we get a new sales rep, who seems painfully annoyed with us. So, we figured out all of the details, and I told her to order my dress. She confirmed it was ordered and would arrive in 15 weeks. Well, yesterday the bride gets a hold of me and tells me that my dress wasn't ordered. We are already cutting it close with their insane wait times for these dresses.

I immediately call the store, to be put on hold immediately. I wasn't even able to ask a question. They answered and said, "Hold please." So after ten minutes of waiting, someone answered and asked if I was being helped. I tell her no, and explain my situation, to be put on hold again. I finally get my dress ordered, ask to speak to a manager, and just my luck, the person I was talking to was an assistant manager, and all she could say was she was sorry. Very unprofessional and unsatisfied.

My bridal party recently purchased their gowns at David's Bridal. My maid of honor ordered her dress three months in advance. However was told the dress wouldn't arrive until 2 days before the day we leave for the wedding (in Mexico). The dress did arrive on time but the quality of the dress was absolutely pathetic. We could have bought better dresses from Target. She had random thread all over her dress, the seams were crooked and noticeable all over the outside, and there was random pieces of fabric sewed all over the inside of the dress.

I called David's Bridal and was told that I would have to bring the dress in before we leave to consider a refund. We didn't have any time to take the dress in because it arrived two days before we left for Mexico. I was told to continue to try to get a hold of customer service. When I asked to speak to a manager I was informed that could not be done and to continue to call customer service. Needless to say I'm very unsatisfied. I have many friends who will be getting married in the near future and I will definitely inform them to go anywhere else but David's Bridal. Together we spent almost $3,000 for some poorly made dresses and terrible service.

DB is now in the bottom 3 of companies that I have dealt with regarding customer service. The call center agents were, for the most part, quite lovely, but it has taken weeks and multiple calls - each time getting a little better, but still leaving some problem behind. I ordered a dress online (because the store couldn't order it for me). They sent me the wrong size. I called to return it and they sent me a mailing label. It was delivered, but no refund was processed. I called to inquire. Apparently, they gave me a mailing label with the wrong address and they had to put me on hold for long stretches of time (with no check-ins - I used to work in a call center and I expect you to check back with me if I've been on hold longer than a few minutes) to try to find where the dress went. The agent said I would get a refund in full. I received an email from the supervisor confirming I would get a refund in full. Then, I only got a partial refund.

When you call the customer service line it tells you to call back tomorrow morning at 10 am... It fails to tell you that is EST. I could have been calling earlier on other days, but they don't communicate it. I also hate that you have to have an appointment, that there are no mirrors (even crappy small ones) in the dressing room so you can make sure you have it on correctly before stepping out into public (my friend had to tell me my chest was hanging out). The fabric quality is poor for what they charge. I'm never going to DB again. I'm telling the world to avoid them, and I am buying a comparably-priced bridesmaid's dress from Nordstrom (best customer service!!!).

I went to David's Bridal thinking I would get the best of everything! Boy was I wrong! My consultant was running between me and another lady. Left me standing there. I found the dress I wanted. I bought it and it was ordered. So today I went to try it on again and I noticed that they left the clear thread hanging all over the dress. My dress is falling apart! The lace and rhinestones are falling off. My train is coming apart and the back is coming apart along with the snaps.

So I called the store where I bought, spoke with the manager, and she said to take it in at 3 when I had appt for my flower girl and matron of honor. She said that I could not do that. She just did not care at all! So I am calling corporate Monday morning to complain! They are either gonna fix this mess or pay for me a brand name dress that will not fall apart before my wedding day in May. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DAVID'S BRIDAL TO ANYONE!! They are rude and all they want is your money!

My daughter ordered a matron of honor rhinestone robe last week (only sold online I assume). Much to her dismay it came in with nothing on the back. When called to inquire about it she kept getting the runaround and at one point was told she would receive another one right away. That was never the case apparently. She was also told it was her fault. No help, no apology...nothing. Today she was told she would not receive another item with the actual rhinestones nor a refund. My question to corporate is...what are you accomplishing? Your image is already in trouble overall in the marketplace. You would think you wouldn't want any more negative public opinion.

My daughter was on hold for roughly 15 minutes today and was hung up. Why upset a bride two weeks before her wedding! She purchased 8 robes from you. Your horrible customer service proceeds this review. Why would you send a customer robe ordered with matron of honor with not one thing on the back? What would be the purpose of ordering it? This situation is uncalled for and just another example of your poor customer service and lack of integrity - go figure. I suggest customers shop elsewhere - anywhere but David's Bridal. In my opinion, you are unfair and after spending hundreds of dollars in your store I feel nothing but remorse for ever visiting, spend money with you or ordering from your .com business. Thank you for a horrible experience!

I was extremely happy with the dress that I bought, and received excellent service in finding and fitting my dress. However, when I went to pick up my dress today, I changed my perspective of David's Bridal. I came in to picked up my dress for the final fitting, and noticed that the little things that needed fixing weren't taken care of.

There were many loose strings, one string with beads that I specifically asked them to fix, and a new hole. The hole was in the mesh fabric and was fairly small, about the size of my pointer finger nail. The thing that really upset me was when I was trying to point it out to the alterations lady that was there. She automatically stated that they did not make that hole and that she spent SO much time on the dress that there was no way that hole was there. I have tried that dress on 2 times before my final fitting, and that hole was not there. Although, all of the other little things were there which is why I asked them to fix them (which they didn't).

I asked her if there was any way we could fix it as she was still trying to argue and make me feel like I put that hole in the dress. She didn't even offer to try and fix it or do something to make it look better. I felt like I was being rushed out, and like I wasn't worth her time. The hole wasn't the main problem, it was how I was treated and got blamed for it. True customer service would want to go out of their way to ensure customer's happiness. It's also frustrating that the alterations costed almost as much as my dress, and gained a hole in doing so. I will be sure to leave feedback wherever possible about this incident in hopes that you will get your staff better customer service skills. I will not recommend getting alterations done at David's Bridal.

I have never had a good experience at David's but I have never been the bride. I made an appointment for Saturday 10/22/16 to bridesmaid dress shop and possibly look for a wedding dress. We went by ourselves to search for bridesmaid dresses and no one was there to help or tell us where to put all these dresses. As we tried on dresses no one was there to provide clips for the dresses that were too big.

As we got near the end of dresses I asked to try on a dress to show the girls. It was a Vera Wang gown that costs about $1300. They pointed to a wall, said "this is Vera and try on what you want." Like seriously!! I made an appointment so that someone would be there to help me and we got very little attention. I put on a size 10 wedding dress, mind you I am a size 2, and had to have a bridesmaid help hold it tight so I could show everyone. I was so disappointed with the lack of service that we left and I will not buy any of the dresses from there.

Found a stunning wedding dress there that needed major altering. They talked me into it, having complete faith in their staff that they would do a professional job. First of all they ordered a size smaller than I asked for. So shocked when it was WAY too small. They had to open the seams and they were going to charge me a few HUNDRED for their mistake. Second the neckline was not symmetrical, horribly ugly, as were the sleeves.

Third the day I was supposed to pick my dress up, it wasn't done and I was supposed to be on my way for pictures and then they had sewed on the wrong buttons (they weren't even the same color!). I asked for the right ones and sewed them on myself! Overall, if your dress needs altering, no matter how convincing they might be. Do not trust them! The entire process was horrible and the dress from the waist up was a complete mess. I wish I had never gone there. That was my biggest regret about my wedding. It was too expensive to just start over. *sniff *sniff.

I bought a dress for my daughter for her homecoming event at the David's Bridal Store in the The Pavilion Shopping Center in Vista, CA. It was pretty but a little too long since my daughter is only 5'. I bought it anyway to see if I can just have it altered. The following day, I found out that Macy's also has the same dress in the petite size so I don't have to spend a fortune to alter it (which David's Bridal quoted at around $50!). I looked at my David's Bridal receipt and saw "I ACKNOWLEDGE THIS PURCHASE IS A FINAL SALE". I was extremely surprised since this item is not even on clearance or sale. I've been shopping all my life and every time I purchase a clearance or sale item, I know that there's a probability that you cannot return it. Some stores do exchange or even offer a store credit.

I called the store and was told that all their items are non-returnable! I asked her why this was not explained during the purchase. She said that it's on the receipt that I signed. Who reads the entire receipt? This should have been verbalized as what other stores do!!! She asked me to call when the manager is in. I asked her if the manager can accept my return. She said "No". So why am I going to bother to call and waste my time? FELLOW CONSUMERS: BE WARNED!

I'm done with this crap hole! They've made my wedding stressful!! The ONLY aspect of my wedding that hasn't been easy or gone my way is working with David's Bridal! They've screwed up all 7 of my bridesmaid's orders, but the one that takes the cake is the order one of my bridesmaid's ordered in a Virginia store that was sent to a Brooklyn store I've never stepped foot into! Then customer service there was giving her attitude and said SHE would need to pay for it to be shipped to her??? They're the ones that screwed up royally on her order, and then have the nerve to tell her she needs to pay for shipping. Took over an hour, because she was on hold for 12 minutes, to get them to do the right thing and ship it to her house.

When the order came in, not ONLY was the dress not the right style she ordered but it wasn't even the size she ordered!!! What is wrong with these people??? This isn't rocket science yet they have managed to mess up each and everyone of my bridesmaid's orders! Now my wedding is too close to get her the correct order so the next best thing is a strapless version of the dress the rest of the girls are wearing. If she was maid of honor it wouldn't be so bad that she has a different dress but she's not and now she's the only one in that dress throwing everything else off.

I'm absolutely furious and I can't believe a big name corporation can mess up such a simple order!!! Thanks for ruining what should be the easiest part of my wedding David's Bridal! You people don't give a flying crap about your customers and it shows!! Just because their prices are better than others, it's not worth the trouble!! There are soooo many other companies that have just as good of prices, if not better, and I guarantee much better customer service! I can't believe they aren't doing everything they can to make this right!

I have never worked with a company that is so incompetent in my entire life. I will never order anything from this site again. I ordered a wedding dress online. It was not of good quality so I returned following all the guidelines they had set with time frames, packaging, etc. I have been waiting 3 weeks for my refund. I had to purchase another dress in which I had went to the local store to purchase. I have contacted the 800.823.2403 Option# 2. several times and every time I get a different answer. The only consistent part of the answer is they have not refunded my money. I even have a tracking that showed they received the dress three weeks ago and their process states they will send me email upon receipt of the return.

I still have not received the email from the warehouse stating they received it. If I would have known it was this difficult to do business with them I would have never ordered from David's and I certainly would not have went to a local store and spent more money. I will say that I thankfully did not receive the same treatment at the local store. Shopping online is suppose to be convenient. It is not with this company. When you speak to the customer service reps they argue with you and just repeat the process. A process that is broken clearly. Do NOT buy from this site.

I purchased my wedding dress from David's Bridals in Charleston, WV. My dress was put on hold for 24 hrs so I could call and pay for dress in full. I paid $1100 for my dress. When I called back the next day, the associate had no idea who I was and it took three people to find my invoice. Dress was paid in full and was ordered at that time. Once my dress came in, I did not receive a call to advise that my dress was in. I called David's Bridals and was told that it had been delivered to the store.

I picked dress up and tried it on. Dress definitely needed alterations. Associate was too busy trying to get me to purchase shoes to schedule a fitting. Alterations lady was not in that day and she explained that she would need to call the alterations lady and call me back. She returned my call and scheduled me for August 14 at 1:15. Myself and Matron of Honor noted the date since we were together that day. I arrived for my fitting and was told that I had missed my appointment which was in the computer for August 13 at 1:45. Associate stated that she could not help me and that I needed to talk to alterations.

Alterations lady came out and told me that she had me in her book for August 13 at 1:00. It amazes me that no one does confirmations for appointments for such an important date. All alterations lady could do was shrug her shoulders and say "sorry." She was not sympathetic at all and did not attempt to accommodate me. It is unacceptable to be treated that way after spending $1100 and clearly they had no idea what was going on as far as appointments. I left completely unsatisfied and I will go elsewhere for my alterations. Furthermore, I will NEVER go to David's Bridals ever again. This was an inconvenience for me. I drove 45 minutes to get there and had to miss a day of work. No one should have to go through that treatment.

David's Bridal Company Profile