David's Bridal
3.59/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

David's Bridal

New York, NY

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

258 David's Bridal Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2019

My daughter with friends in tow went to the David's Bridal in Springfield NJ to look at gowns. We arrived early (got to keep in mind NJ traffic) and was taken right away by Loussa to start my daughter's search for the perfect gown. Loussa was patient and helpful and never rushed us. Our bride to be had certain styles in mind and Loussa brought them for her to try on. Loussa answered my questions, and there was a lot, with grace. The gown my daughter picked was not what we were expecting but was just the perfect gown for her. Bells were rung, tears were shed and the gown was bought. Next we were looking for bridesmaids dresses. Ever had to get 4 women to agree on a style? After much trying and debate, Loussa came through once more. By the way when I paid for the gown my husband got a notification of the charge. He thought it was just a down payment! The gown was that inexpensive with the sale. Thank you Loussa!

Original review: May 4, 2019

Becky helped work through a difficult wedding gown situation of a culture clash with American bridal fashion. She satisfied the parents and made the bride look beautiful. It was also wonderful to be able to purchase foundational garments and accessories to coordinate with the gown, such as jackets/boleros and lace to enhance the modesty of the gown while maintaining its character and beauty. We did not have an appointment, as I was unaware of this standard, yet Becky and the other staff pulled gowns and accessories and made suggestions, all the while knowing that the bride arrived with an outside gown. The bride’s family was able to make an informed decision, and was very satisfied with the items they chose. They were impressed with the service and selection.

Get expert buying tips about Wedding Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased a dress from David's Bridal in Strongsville, OH. The sales team appeared very nice and helpful; however, I later found out everything they told me was a lie. They fed me inaccurate information to make a sale. I went into the David's Bridal in Regency location, Jacksonville, FL and the ladies were not only helpful, they were truthful and fixed every single problem just in time for my big day!!! The OH store told me I could alter the dress as much as I needed and sold me a size 16 dress. I am a size 10. They also had absolutely no proof of me purchasing my dress!

The store manager, sales team, and alterations met with me without an appointment to help fix all of these mistakes in FL. They were so understanding and dedicated to making my day perfect! One of the sales members was having her first day of work and said to me, "We're here to make dreams come true, no matter what we have to do." I cannot thank them enough for all the assistance! They even found the perfect pair of shoes for me after I was having trouble finding any I liked! <3

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Good afternoon ALL, I wanted to take a moment to highlight Jennifer at the Barrett Parkway (Georgia) store. On 10/21/2018, my mother-in-law & I visited the store without an appointment to find a bridal gown for her, for a 2019 event. We were told we needed an appointment, and allowed to look at the dresses to see what they had available. As we were looking, Jennifer came by and saw us, asked us what we were looking for and made accommodations to not only select a gown, but found a dressing room to try it on. Jennifer went out of our way to meet our needs, and accommodate us, especially since my mother-in-law lives in rural Mississippi and would not have access in her hometown. Thanks again Jennifer, you are a ROCK STAR and went above and beyond to help us in our time of need. Exceptional customer service at David's Bridal Barrett Parkway.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My experience with David's Bridal was everything I could imagine and more. I had the best woman helping me. Her name is MaryAnn. This is an Awesome chick. If you're going to get married she is perfect. I felt like Cinderella getting ready for the ball. David's Bridal in Tonawanda, NY is the best Bridal Shop ever. I have the perfect dress. This was the best most perfect experience I ever had. I just came back from there today to pick up my dress and all my accessories. Everything of mine was ready within a few weeks.

Now 2 months before my wedding I will go back for alterations. If MaryAnn is able to read this, you're one of a kind a real diamond. Ladies, if you want to look like a million or billion dollars, if you are on a budget or have plenty of money, it's all welcomed here. This is your place. The other ladies are great too, but MaryAnn is the Ultimate. Ask for her. And tell her Roberta ** said too. They are worth more than 5 stars, if I was able to, they deserve hundreds.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My daughter and I went to this location to try on the 2 dresses she liked. We did have an appointment. Upon arrival it took a few minutes for them to find our reservation. There was 1 woman there to help us, as well as three other sets of people. I met the store manager as well as the assistant manager, everyone was wonderful. SUPER friendly. We found THE dress and ordered it. We were told it would be in roughly 4 weeks because it was being ordered because it was 'brand new this year'.

2 weeks later we got a call the dress was in. My daughter went down and picked it up...to her discredit she did not try it on then and there. She tried it on the following weekend only to find that it wasn't straight from the manufacturer, it was obviously worn/tried on. There was quite a large area on the seam that wasn't sewed, as well as threading missing to keep her clasp closed.

She immediately called and they told her to come back, they would take care of it. They did...that being said the seamstress had said she had an 'awful time' finding the large gaping hole, she had 'to use a fine tooth comb' to search the entire gown. Ooookkkkaayyyyy. We are not talking an inch, we are talking more like 6-7 inches.

When we went back to retrieve it the store manager did not even acknowledge us, which was extremely disturbing. There was nooone in there, they were not busy, a quick apology would have been nice. I was furious. We got home, put the gown on and realized, we have buttons missing....If the seamstress went over it 'with a fine tooth comb' how in the world did she miss buttons? I am not a happy person. It wasn't like the gown was cheap. I paid way more than I wanted to. ;) But you do what you do for your children, right? Anyhow, that is our experience and I highly recommend going elsewhere. We will be having our alterations done elsewhere, that is for sure. They have received enough of my money and I am still dissatisfied. I will say, I have used them in the past for my oldest daughter (5 years ago) and we had zero issues. I just feel that this whole experience was bad from the get go..

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I went to David's to look for a wedding dress as well as bridal party dresses. My first entry into the store I was greeted nicely but told no one could help me look at dresses without an appointment. They said to take pictures of tags that interested me during this first visit and to go to their site to make an appointment. I wasn't allowed to make appointment while in the store???

Then when I went back to the store with an appointment the assistant didn't help much. I picked out dresses and hauled them all to the changing area. They're in big plastic bags, with loops hanging over the hangers to hold them without ripping dresses. It takes a lot to get them off the hanger and back onto the hanger. My assistant did not offer to help. She didn't really provide any service beside that looks nice on you. I purchased one bridesmaid dress to show people and thought I'd be able to return it but THEY HAVE A NO RETURN POLICY FOR ANYTHING!!! They said I could get a store credit but we had found our outfits elsewhere so I'm stuck with the dress. I would not recommend this chain/store/website to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I am a bride who spent $1300 on my dress and accessories for my big day later in October 2019. My first initial visit in April 2019 was wonderful in the Wichita, KS location, went to look and found my dress. I walked out and was promised to have the dress in a month and a half or so. Got the call to pick up my dress late May, was given my dress in the white bag I purchased. I was shown a partial view of the dress, didn’t try it own, left on my way. I drive one hour as I live in another town.

I tried on my wedding dress July 2019, was way too big than before, immediately called the store freaking out and was scheduled by the manager in a week to take the dress, try it on and possibly do a complimentary size exchange. The day of my appointment, I arrived with dress in tow, was shown to the back and told to put dress on and the sales associate would return to zip up the dress. Walked out and was told to wait standing on a side mirror until someone came since all the other areas were full. The same associate who helped me zip the dress returns 5 minutes later, looks at me and tells me there’s NO reason I should do a size exchange as to not lose the detail on the high neck. The dress is clearly and visibly too BIG specially around my stomach and bust area, mind you I’m a 40 F chest size and a somewhat small waist, but was given a plus size 18 dress! This is not how it was when I first tried it on and felt in love!

I was reprimanding myself in my mind as to why I didn’t try it on once it arrived! As the girl mentions again that the dress can be “taken in here and there” and would cost me the same amount in alterations as to exchanging for one (I was told complimentary) I asked to speak to the alterations manager. She said she would call her and left. The alterations manager came and as soon as she saw me said I needed a smaller size because if she would to alter around my bust, waist, sides and back it would mean the dress would be destroyed and I might as well get one size down. I agreed, and she told the same sales associate I needed a size exchange (thank you ma’am!) and was able to order it again and wait for one month for it to arrive.

I scheduled an alterations fitting the same day it will arrive because I will need a bustle as well and I’m just scared it won’t fit either. I don’t know how much alterations will cost and was told it will be discussed at the appointment and payment is expected in full. I’m sorry, I will not go broke if I don’t agree with all the work it will “need” and if I don’t like something I will let them know. I’m giving them a chance again as I’m so close to the wedding date it’s so stressful to be without a dress I envisioned myself with. On the website online it mentions you will get a written up alterations list with prices as to see if it’s affordable before paying and I will be holding them accountable when I go back in.

Early June 2019, bridesmaids found a dress at the Park Meadows location in Denver, CO. One left with a dress paid in full, the other ordered it July 2019. Fast forward, first bridesmaid dress was very wrinkly upon arrival and was told alterations can only be scheduled one month before. This was NOT what they mentioned at first, gave them a chance and she will be returning in September. Second bridesmaid who is also my sister, went back in to order the dress. Arrived in one month. This is a $200 Vera Wang dress we’re talking about, upon arriving was not acknowledged at all and was made felt like she wasn’t worth interacting with. She was given the dress in a RIPPED clear bag and very WRINKLY!! She was not asked if she wanted to try it on! Seriously?? She ended up trying the dress on, the lady who helped her only came back to zip the dress up and left, didn’t say a word to her.

I will be attaching pictures to show how horrible of a condition the dress was given it. I’m SO disappointed I will not be shopping here or recommending again!! Over $1700 wasted on horrible experiences and that’s not counting what I will end up paying for my wedding dress alterations!! My mother and MIL still need dresses, we will be going elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

We chose David’s Bridal because we live in San Diego and our daughter lives by Reno. We flew her down to us and did the first appointment here. It was fabulous! Then she received her dress before the estimated date, also fabulous! Then she took it to David’s Bridal in Reno for the fitting. It was too tight and bunching so they ordered another size. It came, she went, not right, ordered another size. It came, she went, still not right, ordered another size, starting to panic because this is eating up time. The one she tried on at the store actually fit so not sure why they were getting the wrong size.

This time the lady ordered one two sizes too big. It came but much too big and we only have a week until the ceremony! They told her not to worry it would be done in time but she had to give them the dress that day and pay for the alterations to be done in time. She called me crying because it was $661.00! They literally had her dress hostage. We had no time and no choice. Not sure why they didn’t take some measurements or why they had to reorder so many times. But we definitely got charged an insane amount! DO NOT USE THEM! The customer service was awful! I did try to call to dispute the amount but got nowhere, even from corporate. My advice would be to try on there, find a style you like and order on Amazon. Then take it to an actual seamstress and get fitted properly.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I went to the David's Bridal in Winston-Salem, NC with my daughter. My daughter has recently gotten engaged and this was our first stop in shopping for her wedding gown. Jayla ** was the lady that helped my daughter, and she went to great lengths to make sure that my daughter felt special that day. She was so friendly and knowledgeable, and it was obvious that she enjoyed her job. My daughter was made to feel like a princess that day as Jayla helped her complete her look, from the dress, to the veil, and headpiece. Jayla was not just trying to sell us a dress, but wanted to make sure the experience itself was one that my daughter will never forget.

David's Bridal Company Information