David's Bridal
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

David's Bridal

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 3, 2017

171 David's Bridal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Had a horrible experience. Sold each bridesmaid dresses that were either too large or too small stating that the color and style they wanted was not available in their size and they would require alterations. Took wedding dress in to be altered. When it was picked up the alterations were not done correctly and when told they needed to be resolved; was told that there would be additional charges. Pure scam. Cannot believe this story chain is still in business.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My bridesmaid dresses arrived with multiple dye stains on it. I was told there was nothing they could do about it. For the amount I paid for that dress, it's ridiculous that it would first of all, show up with stains, but also that they couldn't do anything about it. Their horrible customer service and cheapness ensures I will never go back.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

David's Bridal totally screwed up an order of six bridesmaids dresses for my daughter's wedding. They came in AZ Vera Wang dresses from China and lacked any lining. David's Bridal could not fix it all in time so three of the Bridesmaids ended up with relined dresses and three had to wear entirely different dresses. I have been promised since the end of March a refund on all of the dresses for the grief time and hassle that we all went through. They sent me half of what they owed me and I still don't have the other half back. This company is incompetent and the corporate offices won't part with any of their precious dollars except with great force and even then they will lie and cheat you.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I picked up my wedding dress after my second alteration to notice that my dress was not the color I had ordered it. The color ordered was soft white when I had told the sales rep my wedding was going to be white. My dress is almost ivory. They said they could not do anything because it was already altered by the way which I spent almost $600 to altered. One of the alterations lady even laughed at me when I was crying my eyes out because I had barely noticed and said all this time it’s been ivory.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

If you are thinking about using David's Bridal DON'T! Go anywhere but there. My daughter bought a gown from them for $600.00. They charged her $900.00 to destroy it but because they fixed it before the wedding they decided it was ok to do that to her. Try to have Brandon at customer service return your calls, he won't. Nor will he call you back. This was the worst company I ever dealt with for customer service. So if you are still thinking about going there please save your special day and go elsewhere! I tried to give no stars but it won't let me skip that field.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I was told I could exchange a corset with a bone corset. They ordered me a new one before because of cup size. First I was told they could not do exchange. Then after arguing with them. Oh now they can. I wanted them to order me a new. Said the one she brought was new. I asked why does it have stains it in. She said she would clean. I guess after looking at it She didn't have time. Then she brought me another one "brand new". I did not look at it and I should have. After returning home later that evening I noticed a couple of hooks jacked up and thread popped from someone obviously trying it on. My trust in David's Bridal is down the drain!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I visited Davids Bridal in the UK. First, I had to make an appointment, I was not allowed to try on dresses (although the shop was almost empty). Made an appointment for the next Saturday and was allocated 90 minutes, most of which was taken up by the sales assistant 'getting to know me'. I wanted to try as many dresses on as possible but it seems you can only try on about 6.

My informal wedding was 3 months away. The assistant seemed disinterested after I'd tried on my quota of dresses and made me feel that my time was up. I felt that I had to get a dress there and then and felt pressured. I couldn't face another Saturday of trawling around the shops, not able to find anything. One dress seemed to fit and I rushed into buying it. When I'd paid I noticed the dress was 2 sizes too small (it seemed snug but ok). The dress was pinned on the hem and left in the shop for alterations, which would take a month.

The next day I had a total panic about buying a dress so small and I visited the shop on the Monday to ask if I could exchange. I was told I had to exchange there and then. I was on a lunch break! I didn't want to panic buy another dress and asked if I could have a refund, come back that weekend and choose another dress. The manageress came out and it was a flat NO. I know it was my fault but the dress was there in the shop, had not been altered and I can't see why they couldn't refund my money. YES, I know about consumer law but this is a BIG, special purchase for a woman and I left the shop in tears.

I dieted like crazy, to the point where I got totally obsessed with not eating anything and picked the dress up a month later. The 'alterations which had cost £40 was just the bottom of the dress cut off, no hemming and it's still too long. I've got myself obsessed that the dress is too small and I knew the minute I tried it back on that I would not be happy wearing it on my big day.

The dress was shoved in a bag by an assistant and I walked through the shopping center feeling utterly devastated. Even if I can get into the dress, the experience has left a bitter taste and I'm frantically looking for another dress. I'm left with a dress I don't want and less than 2 months to the wedding. Feel so upset and not able to sleep worrying that I've wasted so much money, I can only hope to sell it online. Yes, this was my own fault but I have had much better customer service in other shops, when I've spent much less money. Wish I hadn't set foot in the place.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I had an appointment scheduled for today with David's Bridal at Easton in Columbus, Ohio and arrived 10 mins early. As I waited for my stylist, 3 groups of ladies came in and were immediately taken to the back for assistance. I waited until 1:55 and still no stylist so I asked how much longer do I have to wait and was told that the stylist just came back from break and was on her way, waited for another 10 mins and still no stylist, so as I was walking out the door she came up and called my name. I thanked her for coming to get me but I was a very unhappy bride and will not be getting my wedding dress, bridesmaids' dresses or flower girl dresses from them and literally had tears in my eyes because this was to be the best part of planning my wedding and now I have no dress and upset and not one time did I get an apology. Very unhappy and business was lost for David's Bridal.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Re: Store# 0312 in Pensacola, Florida ---- I had a consult with Beth ** on Oct 5, 2017 and I'm writing to convey how extremely satisfied I am of my visit that day. Beth was very knowledgeable and professional and she really knew her stuff. I had no intentions on purchasing a dress that evening and to my surprise I only tried on two dresses, two dresses and fell in love with the second one thanks to Beth!. She was patient, kind and very professional. KUDOS!! to Beth ** b/c my wedding day is going to be FABO!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I was hesitant to shop just because I don't really like pushy business people. I was happily surprised with Danielle who was the sweet woman who took care of me while shopping there. She fitted me with undergarments and quickly got me into the dresses that I had chosen. I quickly fell in love with my wedding dress and she was so helpful with all the questions that I had for her and helped us to decide on the packages that went with the dress. It couldn't have been a more delightful and sweet time thanks to Danielle at David's Bridal.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I needed two bridesmaid dresses, one for me and one for my 8 year old daughter. Not only are they out of stock of most dresses at all time but the experience is horrible as well. Once we both found dresses that we liked that were available in our sizes and color we ordered them online. Our card was charged for the amount before the discount. When we called to fix it they canceled the entire order. As we were redoing the order my dress sold out and I was forced to find a new one (not an easy task due to their website). Then, instead of ordering our two dresses they ordered my daughter's dress in two (junior) sizes. Upon calling again they separated our two dresses into two separate orders which meant that we no longer qualified for free shipping, but oh well at least we were getting dresses.

I received my dress in a reasonable amount of time but my daughter's dress never arrived and was declared lost. I then called again and my daughter's dress is now out of stock. We were finally able to track down a dress in her size and color in a store across the country. I was told I would have to buy the dress again and would be reimbursed if the lost package was ever found. I have never been so frustrated with any service experience as I have been with David's Bridal and will never use them again for upcoming weddings or events.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I drove from Pa to Greensboro NC to help my daughter find her wedding dress. We walked in David's Bridal and were informed we needed an appointment and could not browse the dresses without one. Me made an appt for the next day at noon. When we arrived we were told to go over and start looking at the dresses while our "Bridal expert" was helping another customer. We spent a good 30 minutes looking before a girl asked us if we were someone else. We said no this is who we are and our appt was at noon. She said OH and walked away. Finally a young less than enthused woman came up and told us to turn the dresses we liked sideways and then she would put us in a room. We did this and waited another period of time before she remembered us.

Finally we were put in a try on area filled with boxes and dresses hanging all over that needed returned to the racks. I'm talking multiples! If the store opened at noon this should have been clean still when we arrived. We had a couple of chairs facing a mirrored wall. My daughter got help getting in the dress but we helped her get out and hung back up the dresses. Finally we resulted to going and getting the dresses ourselves because our EXPERT was absent! We found her a dress she loved. The woman has no idea we pulled it ourselves. It had dirt marks all over it and we didn't have enough time to order one and guarantee it would be in by the wedding. So we purchased the one she tried on. No discount of course. We asked for the stains to be removed and the manager said, "Yes our girl would take care of it." So we laid it away for 2 months.

My daughter returned to pick it up and it still hasn't been cleaned. The people are being rude and refused to let her see the dress before she paid for it. Plus had to sign a receipt that this sale is final even though she is not allowed to make sure the dress is in the condition it is supposed to be. We took our Bridal party dress purchases elsewhere and as the mother of the bride I also went elsewhere. I will not return as a customer to this company and will not have anything good to say about it either. If you go to a David's Bridal steer clear of Greensboro NC!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

My daughter got scammed at the Tampa location. They talked her into ordering her dress two sizes too big (without explaining the possible cost of alterations) and then when the dress came in, they charged her almost as much as the cost of the dress (more than $700) to alter it. When I learned what they had done, I called the corporate office to complain of this unethical practice (I'm sure she wasn't the first young woman to be taken advantage of) and after months of getting the run around from supervisor after supervisor, it became clear that there would be no recognition of wrongdoing! They just said that they would "talk" to the people at that location to make sure it doesn't happen again. Stay away from David's Bridal! They have every unethical practices!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I had an appointment with David's Bridal. I took my mum and two of my bridesmaids, also my aunt with me. I was very disappointed with the experience. First of all when we arrived at the shop we was not greeted with refreshments like it said on your website. The lady we had was not helpful at all, we felt like she didn't want to be there. Her name was Anastasia. I was taken to one side to talk about what I had in mind while my party stood there didn't know what to do. When she finished talking she told us to look for three dresses, this was my first time going to a bridal shop so we didn't know where to start looking. When we found some dresses she showed me to the changing room. I left like she was not helping me to get in the dress.

When I came out of the changing room she just stood there and my mum and aunt help to straighten out the dress. She didn't let me see the back of the dresses at all. My aunt took photos to show me. When my mum and bridesmaids and aunt was giving their opinion she kept whispering in my ear and saying, "It's your day. Don't worry about them." Also when I was in the changing room trying to get out of one of the dresses she left me to do on my own which was difficult to do. When the appointment was finished I felt so troubled and very disappointed in the whole experience. I would not recommend anyone to go there.

Original review: July 27, 2017

My fiance recently visited the Medford Oregon store and after an excruciating process, found her perfect wedding dress. She asked for it to be placed on hold so that she could gather all the women in the bridal party and both sides of the family to show them before she purchased. The following day, the caravan of women returned to the store where the dress was promised to be held, and to their surprise, it wasn't. The group of women was shocked and my fiance was absolutely destroyed to hear that it was sold just a few hours prior to them coming back to purchase it.

I understand mistakes happen, but this was agreed to be held until they returned the following day. In addition to this unfortunate event, she was treated like complete garbage. Not a single apology or even a "sorry" for this incident. Instead, she was handed a stack of menial coupons and told "we can try to order you another".

Now, I don't know about wedding dresses, but I know they're pretty darn expensive. Selling wedding dresses seems like it would be a staple in a business like this... But this kind of situation and the extremely poor excuse of "customer service" was completely ridiculous and not the way a company will thrive. They drove 40 minutes one way to show and purchase it, just for it to be sold... That's not good business and not a way to keep a customer.

Original review: July 22, 2017

We went to pick out bridesmaid dresses. We were greeted at the door and asked if we had an appointment. When we told them we did not have an appointment, we were told we could not try on dresses or even remove them from the rack without an appointment. What kind of store does not allow you to look at or try on a dress? We will NEVER shop at David's Bridal!!!

Original review: July 19, 2017

My experience with David's Bridal in Paramus, NJ started off on a good note. The store was busy and they were very understaffed, but all in all, the girls did their best to help me select my wedding dress and my bridesmaids' dresses. Unfortunately, once the dresses were ordered and paid for, this was not the case. I received a voicemail when my daughter's dress (my junior bridesmaid) was in, advising in a very unfriendly tone that "you must pick up your dress within 7 days."

Since everything was paid for, I didn't understand the rush, especially in light of the fact that it was the middle of the summer and people were on vacation, including my family. I also informed her that my daughter was sick and we would pick up the dress when she was well and could try the dress on. I received about 10 calls before I called them back, when I asked why is it that a dress must be picked up within the 7 days, and "Consuela" responded that "this is our policy, we can send it to you for $15 by UPS. We only hold the dresses in the store for 7 days." Not trusting that they would hold the dress, I took my sick daughter to pick up her dress that evening.

The saleswoman handed me a dress covered in clear plastic, practically rolled up into a ball, with the bottom of the plastic sealed, but the corner of the dress sticking out of a small hole at the bottom. I was at a loss of words at the fact that they could actually present a dress to a customer this way. I ran to the dressing room, had my daughter try on the dress and left before I said something I would regret. The dress was tight and did not fit the way it should have, but I was not going to do any more business with these people. I'm certain that if I purchased a $2,000 wedding dress and had 10 bridesmaids, they would not have treated me in such a way. The moral of the story is this... if you're not spending big bucks, go somewhere else. The service couldn't be any worse than it was here, after you.

Original review: July 15, 2017

The people at the Monroeville, PA location are amazing! My friend is getting married in April and we already purchased our bridesmaid's dress (convertible in a bright purple) from a store right down the road called Alfred Angelo. Well, Alfred Angelo shut their doors yesterday and filed for bankruptcy leaving everyone who ordered from them at a loss. They are not getting any of the dresses previously ordered and not in and not refunding anyone until they go through an attorney. Just horrible.

So today the bride and I ran to David's Bridal today flustered over the mess. The people at the store treated us very kindly and they already knew of the situation that happened with Alfred Angelo. They told us that because of the grief everyone who ordered from Alfred Angelo is going through, they are currently offering an additional 20% for anyone who has a receipt from Alfred Angelo that did not receive their promised and paid for dress. They do not get anything extra because they are doing this for the customers who went through this hell. They are doing it out of kindness stating that they feel bad for those who are going through this because it was so abrupt and unexpected and an EXTREME inconvenience.

They assigned someone to us who was amazing and helped us find a dress very similar to the ones we picked at Alfred Angelo and we both actually liked BETTER! They are fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone. This is the 4th time going through David's (I used them for my bridesmaids) and I have never had an issue with them. Very happy they are around!

Original review: July 15, 2017

Thank goodness for David's Bridal in Monroeville, PA! All of the Alfred Angelo stores closed abruptly yesterday morning and screwed over all of the brides and bridesmaids! My bridesmaid's being ones they screwed over! Today I went to David's Bridal and they saved more than my day. They saved my wedding! They easily found me a perfect bridesmaid dress along with an amazing flower girl's dress. They gave us 20$ off and an ADDITIONAL 20% off with proof of your Alfred Angelo receipt and not getting anything in return! They're doing it just to help out all of the girls who were screwed over but such a ** store, that being Alfred Angelo! Thank goodness for David's Bridal. I suggest all and everyone goes there for all of their bridal needs. They're amazing! I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Original review: July 12, 2017

I am still dealing with David's Bridal as I am still in the process of having alterations being completed on my Wedding Dress. I don't believe it is good business for a company to charge as much for alterations as the wedding dress cost. My dress was around $700.00 and so far my alterations are at $530.00. and counting. This is ridiculous. I would go somewhere else for the alterations but I fear I would be up the creek without a paddle if there are mistakes with the alterations.

I am not enjoying the wedding experience at all at the moment. I could understand if I had gotten one of their $99.00 specials having to pay more for alterations. But, shouldn't some complimentary alterations come with different pricing with the dress? They should at least share the fact that alterations are going to cost additional before you purchase your dress. Yes, I think they would do better if they gave complimentary alterations if you purchase over certain amounts. I mean by the time I have all the alterations completed I could have purchases a $1,200.00 dress if not more. I will say that the staff that I have dealt with are very kind.

Original review: June 30, 2017

My daughter received four bridesmaid dresses that were the incorrect style, color and size. We contacted David's Bridal customer service and they told us the only way to receive the correct dresses in time for the wedding would be place another order, pay for it, then they would reimburse us for the incorrect order when they received the wrong dresses back. They were very unapologetic, and didn't care that their "solution" did not meet our needs. So, now I have to spend out another $500 on new dresses and wait on a refund to fix a problem that I did not create. How is this customer service??? I'm not satisfied at all with this company and understand why they get bad reviews.

Original review: June 18, 2017

My daughter and I visited the store on Peachtree Road, Atlanta on 6/17. No one greeted us when we entered. Employees remained behind the counter, totally uninterested in us. We were ignored. It was obvious that we were unfamiliar with the store layout and the process and no one would make eye contact or give us the time of day. There was an employee straightening the racks of dresses. I thought she was another guest because although my daughter and I were discussing our need for guidance, she acted like we were invisible. We spent 10-15 minutes there. When we were ready to leave, we walked toward the front slowly. We were the only customers in the store, no one stopped us for leaving. No one said goodbye. They missed a sale. I will share my non-customer experience with all my family and friends.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Purchased a dress for my mom to wear to my wedding, mind you it's a day wedding, 4 hr max, dress has two pieces, light jacket looked as though it was 20 years old after she wore it for probably a total of 2 hrs (warm day). Went in to speak with staff at Dartmouth MA, location, no help... stated it was wear and tear!!??? 2 hours?? Ok. Buyer BEWARE. Will never shop or recommend this place!!! Go elsewhere!!! Pay more! Dress going into the trash! Poorly made material.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I went for the alterations appointment on May 25th as my wedding dress arrived last week and I found out that I had to pay for the alterations. Before choosing my dress at David's Bridal I went to different wedding stores and all of them told me that the cost of a new dress included alterations. When I went at David's Bridal and tried some dresses on nobody mentioned the fact that the alterations are an extra cost and I stupidly assumed it was the same as the other stores. When I ordered my dress nobody told me that I would have to pay for the alterations. Knowing that I had to pay for alterations I would have never ordered my dress there. I am so disappointed I cannot even enjoy this moment.

Original review: May 23, 2017

My experience with Tracy from David's Bridal in Bowie was the most amazing experiences of my life. She actually picked out my wedding dress. My sister and I picked several dresses but none of them worked. The dress she picked was perfect for my body type, it was beautiful and the exact type of dress I wanted. I'm getting married next year and I'm so happy to have my dress. I would recommend David's Bridal of Bowie to everyone. Tracy is awesome!!!

Original review: May 19, 2017

I went to David's Bridal to find a bridal jacket to go with my wedding dress. The dress was loaned to me, but I really liked it. Ashley assisted with helping me look for accessories. While I was there, it was suggested for me to just look at some gowns, just so I could have that bridal experience in trying on gowns. Since I wasn't in the market for buying a dress financially, I only looked at the dresses that were $99. I tried on a beautiful dress and to my surprise, when I put the dress on I began to cry. It was the perfect dress and the perfect fit, and it made me look so beautiful. I had to buy the dress. I am thankful that I was loaned a dress to wear, but now that I have my own dream dress which didn't break my bank, my wedding will surely be perfect. Thank you David's Bridal and Ashley for making my dream wedding come true.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I ordered a dress from David's Bridal online 4/26/17. The dress was beautiful as expected and fit beautifully. However upon looking over the dress prior to trying it on, there was a very large noticeable hole in the middle of the back, directly exposing the inner zipper. I promptly emailed CS that day, only to play "tag" with different reps offering different solutions. I was told in one email from Tristan that the dress could not be exchanged because there were none left in the warehouse. However there was 1 left in my color and size if I called in to replace the order. I could then return the damaged one for a full refund. Well I called only to get a rude CS rep on the phone, whom after I explained the emails. Told me an exchange or reorder was not possible.

I could not speak with a manager as I am only concerned with going "around in circles" as she has given me my only options and that was: 1 - Being to take it to the store 1 1/2 hours away to see what they could possibly do to fix it, at my expense. Or 2 - I could order a new dress, not in that color or size and also at my expense... I am just so angry with the level of customer service on their OWN website. The return policy specifically addresses damaged and misshipped items and yet not ONE rep cares to HONOR their own policy and rather would have me be stuck with this damaged dress while they pocket the money for something that should NOT have been sold in the first place without a damaged disclaimer... so my event in less than 2 months may be ruined!! Thanks to my choice in using and trusting in David's Bridal...

Original review: May 8, 2017

I booked an appointment with David's Bridal to look for a dress to wear on my daughter's wedding. I was supposed to be there for one hour, but the lady who was assigned to help me, ended the appointment after 20 min. telling me that there is nothing that I would like at the store and I better go to square one!! I tried 2 dresses only, one that she picked for me, and the other one was of my choice. She left me unattended in the dressing room, and went to help another customer, and I had to call her to come back. And when I said that I didn't try enough dresses, she said that I can browse on my own and call her if I need anything.

But I was called 5 min. later by speakers to go to the desk. My understanding I had to leave the store??? Both the lady at the desk and the one who helped me were having a conversation that I tried 3 dresses and that there is nothing for me (as explained by the later). I said to the ladies, that this is not nice at all, and left the store. Nobody bothered to ask what is happening or investigate more why I was pissed. I'm really disappointed and won't recommend the store to anyone.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I am treated very well (More like a celebrity) whenever I come in the door at Southaven Towne Center in Southaven MS... Chris is always there to make sure I'm taking care of if he's unavailable. Today he made sure he help take care of me and my bridesmaids. He made sure that what I ordered will arrive on a certain date and let me know that an e-mail will let me know when it arrives. I appreciate his perfectionist!!! He's the greatest!!!

Original review: May 6, 2017

Run far and fast away from David's Bridal. Brides-to-be: do not, I repeat, do not shop David's Bridal. We have had the most horrendous struggle in prep for my sister's big day. She was refused water during her fitting, I was called a liar for attempting to pick up a dress, and most recently my dress arrived way too small with no time to order another. Through it all we have been accused of doing wrong on our part, or lied to. In an attempt to make things better I was offered an off the rack dress 3 sizes too big to replace my $300 order that they had pre-existing knowledge would be made too small. Terrible place. No empathy, no valid attempts to make it right. Stay away!

David's Bridal Company Information