David's Bridal

New York, NY

3.5/5 (167 ratings)

About David's Bridal

David's Bridal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about David's Bridal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

My daughter’s David’s Bridal consultant, David at Tampa,FL on Kennedy Blvd was exceptional. David was attentive and knew what she wanted. He watched her body language and could tell when she liked or disliked a dress. He did such a great job! Thank you David for making my daughter’s day very special.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I came to the store not knowing what to get for my wedding and Alexis and Sonia got together to find the the right dress. I recommend this store for those 1st time brides like myself who have never received any guidance. I felt like I was talking to family when choosing the right items to make my wedding complete. Thanks again for the wonderful staff and services.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

My appt for my Alterations was at 12pm (est). My consultation started 30 mins late. The alterations are ridiculously priced. You are not given a price list prior to your appt, but expected to pay the full amount at the end of appt. I had to pay almost 300.00 today in which I was totally unprepared to do but nevertheless I paid it. Never again!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Let me preface this review by walking you through their bogus return policy! You order an item. It doesn't work out. So you go to return it and you have to pay the shipping fee for returning it. You already paid $15 to have it shipped to you, now you have to pay $15 to send it back! Which is $30 you never get back all because they have no sense of a good return policy!

So for my specific situation; I ordered a jacket as a treat for myself, since wedding planning is stressful! The item came and was much smaller than advertised. So I asked for an exchange for the next size up! Their refund Policy says that you don't get Shipping refunded, but I specifically asked if I return the first jacket to the store if I could avoid paying for additional postage for the returned item and exchanged item and was told yes. When I go to actually return it they charge to ship the second jacket. I went back and forth about this with customer service, and to them the conversation was about not paying return shipping. After many texts back and forth, they gave me a "one time courtesy $10 credit".

I just can't believe that a company that sells girls their special dress has a return policy that is insulting. Weddings are already expensive, but go-ahead and charge a girl $30 for something that costs $10 to ship, and probably cost less than $15 to make. The only thing I can walk away from this that makes me happy is that I didn't buy my wedding dress from them! I can't imagine what the hassle would be if something was wrong with my dress.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Where to begin, well they don’t deserve the one star right off the bat! The size I tried on fit just right. Then when I received the one they ordered which was the same size supposedly we couldn’t even get the zipper up or arms fully on it was so tight. It was not the same size at all! They had to search for a store that carried one size up since the warehouse didn’t have any in stock. Finally they did! I thought everything would be good after that but I was dead wrong! They kept sending us confirmations on our alteration appointments the night before and when we would get there after waiting over 30-45min and being checked in they would say, "We didn’t know you were here" and "your dress is not done" and we’d have to come back which is completely inconsiderate and unprofessional.

We all made arrangements with babysitters to go there and now we have to rearrange our lives again for them. They then kept pushing the other appointments for my bridesmaids until three days before the wedding, cutting it real close! As for my wedding gown I had to go back three times because of them and each time I went they didn’t finish the work and the work they did do messed up the dress more. They added ugly little spot flowers on my train without my permission which they said could not be removed afterwards cause it will make a hole they can’t fix so now I was stuck with those. They hemmed the chest area and took too much lace down which made it uneven so they had to reopen it to fix it properly. They added 14 buttons to hold up the train of my dress and it still was dragging on the floor.

They argued with me about getting a refund and only gave me a measly 10% when I paid the same amount as my dress plus all the gas going there 3 times just for the hemming work! The day of my wedding before even getting to the church the buttons on my sleeve and back were falling/fell off! I missed every important moment at my reception because the workers had to keep using safety pins to put my train back up because it wasn’t hemmed high enough so every time someone would step on it even a little it would rip off the buttons! There’s more details to the story but a lot to write so I end this with I don’t recommend anyone using David’s Bridal especially in Westbury, Long Island, NY!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Terrible quality. Do not shop here: you may not get what you ordered. I ordered a bridesmaid's dress that I tried on for my sister; because we have the same shape and she is about 30 lbs smaller than I, I knew that whatever fit me would fit her. I selected a beautifully simple dress called Shutter, in a size 20. It fit me perfectly, all around, so I ordered it in the same size but in the color that fit my scheme. I was aware of the return policy (full refund if canceled within 7 days of purchasing), but because the fit was perfect, I had no qualms about ordering.

I should not have done that. The store called me, yesterday, to let me know that the dress was in. I picked it up and took it to my sister. The difference between the dress in the store and the dress we got was incredible. She tried it on and the cut was poor--the dress was too tight across the hip and back...I had a hard time pulling up the zipper. The shoulders drooped enough to notice and there was a pooch from too much garment in the stomach. I even tried on the dress myself, and the fit on me was also bad (even though I already knew it would be, since--again--my sister is smaller than I).

The store will not give me a refund, despite the fact that the dress was made poorly--an issue caused by them, not me. The clerk told me that they could issue me a merchandise credit, so did the customer rep with whom I spoke today. However, there is nothing else, from that store I want, but I have everything else I need. I'm really irritated, and do not recommend this store.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I bought bridal items online with them, and they refused to give me my full refund. They don't give you enough time to return items. I wish they would give 30 day returns, like most normal companies do! The only reason they let me return my items, was because I had to buy two items, equal to the same value. They are just gypping people during the pandemic. I will never shop with them ever again! And you can only contact them through text, which is VERY unprofessional! I don't know how, they stay in business? Because a lot of brides have bad experiences with them! I had a heck of a time getting a RMA number from them, to return my stuff, and the customer service agent, sent me a encrypted email, with the return labels. I think they are so frustrating!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

First and foremost I was hesitant to come there in the first place based on reviews from friends and things I read online, but I went out on a limb and gave it a chance. I arrived about 30 minutes prior to my 7:30 appointment time because a few of my bridesmaid were with me so they wanted to browse. The guest whom appointment was before mine were still browsing and the person helping them was so pleasant and patient I thought maybe it won't be so bad after all. Boy was I wrong. When it became time for my appointment. The older lady seemed to be either tired of just plain didn't want to assist in my dress making decision. About 15 minutes into it she stated, "You need to pick something so we can get you in one of these dresses!"

I really saw nothing that actually wowed me and then I finally found one dress not necessary that I like but the style I was going for .... wasn't in my size. I found a second one. It too wasn't in my size. I found 2 more....Finally my size or at least that's what they said. One was the other 4x bigger than I needed. It was a lady that was there trying on dress when I got there that was still there. When I started she was offered veils and accessories....not me. I will never go to that location again and it's really put a nasty taste in my mouth about David's Bridal as a whole. Now I understand what my friends were talking about....That 1 thing we all have in common....not that we do or don't have money but we are **! Never again! Absolutely never!!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I purchased a dress, cash money, from David’s Bridal five days ago. I wasn’t crazy about it but the saleswoman assured me that I could return it, if I do desired. I did decide to return it today. After waiting in line for what seemed to be an eternity, I presented my receipt and was expecting my cash payment returned. WRONG! I was informed that a check would be mailed to me instead. I wasn’t thrilled but figured they’d get my money to me fairly quick. WRONG AGAIN! I now have to wait approximately one month to receive my hard earned cash back! They do not have their return policy posted anywhere in the store for the buyer’s protection. Very unethical! I will never do business with them again and will make sure that my family and friends do the same. BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

We had an appointment for bridesmaids dress fitting and the consultant Amanda O was extremely rude, not considerate about trying to say any of the girls sizes out loud for the entire store to hear and didn’t notify the bride that the dress she picked for her bridesmaids that it didn’t come in her color of choice until it was time to pay! I was forced to pick a star rating so I chose one but really she doesn’t even deserve that!

David's Bridal Company Information