New York, NY

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

David's Bridal Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I went to the David's Bridal in Winston-Salem, NC with my daughter. My daughter has recently gotten engaged and this was our first stop in shopping for her wedding gown. Jayla ** was the lady that helped my daughter, and she went to great lengths to make sure that my daughter felt special that day. She was so friendly and knowledgeable, and it was obvious that she enjoyed her job. My daughter was made to feel like a princess that day as Jayla helped her complete her look, from the dress, to the veil, and headpiece. Jayla was not just trying to sell us a dress, but wanted to make sure the experience itself was one that my daughter will never forget.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have gone to the David's Bridal in Totowa multiple times for bridesmaids dresses and they have always been wonderful. The most recent time Karina, who is the saleswoman, was very helpful and honest about the style of dresses that looked good on me and helped me find the perfect dress for my cousin's wedding. She originally was on the cash register but took time to come and help me figure out what was the best route to go. She is a wonderful saleswoman and it was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend going to this David's Bridal.

Get expert buying tips about Wedding Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I just want to thank Jessica from David's Bridal at the Millennium Mall. Thank you so much. I am so grateful that within 2 hrs I was feeling hopeless and didn't think I would find my wedding dress, but she didn't give up and knew exactly what I was looking for. She was accurate, friendly and made my day so easy. I now have my wedding dress that will arrive in July, for my September wedding. I couldn't do it without Jessica. Thank you again!

Original review: June 16, 2019

My daughter with friends in tow went to the David's Bridal in Springfield NJ to look at gowns. We arrived early (got to keep in mind NJ traffic) and was taken right away by Loussa to start my daughter's search for the perfect gown. Loussa was patient and helpful and never rushed us. Our bride to be had certain styles in mind and Loussa brought them for her to try on. Loussa answered my questions, and there was a lot, with grace. The gown my daughter picked was not what we were expecting but was just the perfect gown for her. Bells were rung, tears were shed and the gown was bought. Next we were looking for bridesmaids dresses. Ever had to get 4 women to agree on a style? After much trying and debate, Loussa came through once more. By the way when I paid for the gown my husband got a notification of the charge. He thought it was just a down payment! The gown was that inexpensive with the sale. Thank you Loussa!

Original review: May 4, 2019

Becky helped work through a difficult wedding gown situation of a culture clash with American bridal fashion. She satisfied the parents and made the bride look beautiful. It was also wonderful to be able to purchase foundational garments and accessories to coordinate with the gown, such as jackets/boleros and lace to enhance the modesty of the gown while maintaining its character and beauty. We did not have an appointment, as I was unaware of this standard, yet Becky and the other staff pulled gowns and accessories and made suggestions, all the while knowing that the bride arrived with an outside gown. The bride’s family was able to make an informed decision, and was very satisfied with the items they chose. They were impressed with the service and selection.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I wish I had never trusted David's Bridal but unfortunately it is too close to my wedding date to change company. The first problem was that my bridesmaids' measurements were never entered into computer, so when my bridesmaids went to order their dresses the measurements weren't there so they had to give their dress size and I was told by a manager that the adjustments would be taken care of. So the dresses come in and adjustments are needed of course but a different manager is saying that don't have that promise recorded anywhere and that the adjustments are not free. I am LIVID!! They not I should have to pay for adjustments when if measurements were recorded may not even need to be done! The second issue I had is that my veil and belt I picked out for my wedding gown were not recorded and now I have to find those again! DO NOT USE DAVID'S BRIDAL FOR YOUR SPECIAL DAY!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Please beware of purchasing online from David's Bridal. I purchased a dress in 2 sizes for my daughter not knowing what size would be the perfect fit for her. I read and followed the specific 4 step instructions on how to return an online purchase and sent one dress back as it did not fit her. I waited one month after returning the product as I still had not received the refund.

I called customer service. They stated unless I had a tracking number that their warehouse could look up they could not tell me if the dress was in their possession or not. Customer service stated that they could not confirm or deny that they had received the dress back. I asked to speak to the warehouse but was told there was no person there that could answer my question and without having the tracking number of the package I sent, they could not give a refund. The dress was sent back, no refund. I will check with local post office but this is very poor customer service. I do not think I will ever purchase from this company again. Not because I am out financially but because they did not care to attempt to make it right.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I returned a dress to David's Bridal via UPS. It was received by David's Bridal on 9/13/19. I have not received my refund yet. Everytime I call customer service, I am told that they will look into it and someone will call me back. I have not received a phone call back with an ETA on when I can expect to receive my refund. One customer service agent said there was a glitch in the system and all refunds approved on 9/19/19 were not issued. Another customer service agent said that my refund was sent to PayPal and that should call PayPal and my financial institution. I called PayPal and they said they have not received a refund from David's Bridal. My financial institution (Bank of America) said they have not received a refund from David's Bridal.

Today (10/7/19) I called David's Bridal to ask for a supervisor for the 4th time. The customer service agent advised this issue is on David's Bridal's side. Due to a glitch in the system, my funds were not transmitted. I was told there is a ticket open, but there is no ETA on resolution. This is unexceptable. I should not be inconvenienced due to David Briday's technical difficults. I have called David's Bridal 4 times to ask for a supervisor, however I have been unable to speak to a supervisor. The customer servants agents do not care because this does not impact them. Apparently the surpervisors do not care because it doesn't impact them either. Appears to me David's Bridal is holding my money hostage or trying to steal my money.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My daughter and I went to this location to try on the 2 dresses she liked. We did have an appointment. Upon arrival it took a few minutes for them to find our reservation. There was 1 woman there to help us, as well as three other sets of people. I met the store manager as well as the assistant manager, everyone was wonderful. SUPER friendly. We found THE dress and ordered it. We were told it would be in roughly 4 weeks because it was being ordered because it was 'brand new this year'.

2 weeks later we got a call the dress was in. My daughter went down and picked it up...to her discredit she did not try it on then and there. She tried it on the following weekend only to find that it wasn't straight from the manufacturer, it was obviously worn/tried on. There was quite a large area on the seam that wasn't sewed, as well as threading missing to keep her clasp closed.

She immediately called and they told her to come back, they would take care of it. They did...that being said the seamstress had said she had an 'awful time' finding the large gaping hole, she had 'to use a fine tooth comb' to search the entire gown. Ooookkkkaayyyyy. We are not talking an inch, we are talking more like 6-7 inches.

When we went back to retrieve it the store manager did not even acknowledge us, which was extremely disturbing. There was nooone in there, they were not busy, a quick apology would have been nice. I was furious. We got home, put the gown on and realized, we have buttons missing....If the seamstress went over it 'with a fine tooth comb' how in the world did she miss buttons? I am not a happy person. It wasn't like the gown was cheap. I paid way more than I wanted to. ;) But you do what you do for your children, right? Anyhow, that is our experience and I highly recommend going elsewhere. We will be having our alterations done elsewhere, that is for sure. They have received enough of my money and I am still dissatisfied. I will say, I have used them in the past for my oldest daughter (5 years ago) and we had zero issues. I just feel that this whole experience was bad from the get go..

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I went to David's to look for a wedding dress as well as bridal party dresses. My first entry into the store I was greeted nicely but told no one could help me look at dresses without an appointment. They said to take pictures of tags that interested me during this first visit and to go to their site to make an appointment. I wasn't allowed to make appointment while in the store???

Then when I went back to the store with an appointment the assistant didn't help much. I picked out dresses and hauled them all to the changing area. They're in big plastic bags, with loops hanging over the hangers to hold them without ripping dresses. It takes a lot to get them off the hanger and back onto the hanger. My assistant did not offer to help. She didn't really provide any service beside that looks nice on you. I purchased one bridesmaid dress to show people and thought I'd be able to return it but THEY HAVE A NO RETURN POLICY FOR ANYTHING!!! They said I could get a store credit but we had found our outfits elsewhere so I'm stuck with the dress. I would not recommend this chain/store/website to anyone.

David's Bridal Company Information