David's Bridal

New York, NY

3.9/5 (666 ratings)

About David's Bridal

David's Bridal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about David's Bridal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I purchased a dress from David's Bridal via online. It arrived on October 28th. On October 29th I returned the dress in-person to the David's Bridal store in my area. The assistant at the store made the return and entered it in their system. I received an RMA number. Seven days later, looking at my online account, it stated they were still waiting to receive the returned dress. I called the national number and was told it was "being processed".

Seven days later, same thing. Went back to the store and was told they couldn't do anything because it was an online purchase. Called the national number AND did the "chat" on their website. Was told there was a glitch in the system and an IT ticket has to be placed so Finance would have the authority to override the refund. It's been almost 5 weeks and still no refund! Thankfully I purchased the dress using PayPal, they've issued the refund to me and now they have to, unfortunately, deal with David's Bridal for the refund. Nightmare! I will never purchase anything from this business - ever again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

It’s ridiculous how many times you have to visit the store for returns. Their system was down for days they couldn’t find my order. Let’s my items at the store after 2 weeks finally they said they returned, asked for some receipt. They don’t have anything to assure me I will get money back. Call before going there to make sure system is working.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Placed an order online at David's Bridal for a pair of shoes for 19.99 size 10. They sent me a size 8. Qent through their website for the return just like I did when I ordered them. They sent me a return label for UPS. Package them up and had my daughter drop them off. Received an email stating they received my return. I would be getting a refund in 14 days. A wk later received another email stating my refund is 8.89. I called the David's Bridal customer service line where I was told the refund was correct because I did the return online and they were charging me 12.50 for the return label.

This was their fault and you are charging me 12.50 for your mistake. Unbelievable. That is wrong. It never said that in the email. I never saw it or told that when I received my label. I will never ever buy from David's Bridal again!! Nor will I recommend David's Bridal! They aren’t here to help women with one of the most important days of their lives. They only want to rip them off!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I bought my Dress in David's Bridal 45 West 25th Street, It was a beautiful dress. I had an appointment for 8/28/22 but since one of the other bridesmaid stated to change the date earlier so I would not get charged a Rush Fee. That was Not true. I was Charged Rush fee and the Alteration. Total $220. Crazy but I needed this dress so paid for the Alteration. I had an another appointment to go back to try on my dress once again Dress was still big on me and Another $50 was charged to me. Mind you a Dress I paid $122.44 already cost me around $392.44. Not fair. The dress was ready for Pickup the day before the Wedding and the Dress was still big on me. Took the dress and was very upset. Took it to another Seamstress to fit my dress. All that money and the service was not completely rendered. Very Disappointed. I will never again do business with David's Bridal.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I have been waiting for a refund for over a month. In the past two weeks, I have called and texted many customer service representatives and no one can figure out to get me my refund. All I get is passed on to the next person. I would not recommend them as far as online purchasing.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I bought a beautiful dress at a David's Bridal in Springfield, PA. I had my alterations fitting on June 25, 2022, and a final fitting scheduled for August 12th. Two days before my final fitting they called to reschedule for a month later (Sept 15th). I called corporate to complain about it being rescheduled to so close to my wedding (Sept 22nd), and found out that the pins were still in it and they hadn't even started it (from my first appointment a month and a half earlier).

All they would offer me was to take the pins out and give me an alternations refund. They should have done it all for free after all that! They literally waited until it was too late for me to take it anywhere else before they notified me of a problem. I will NEVER step foot in another David's Bridal again! They should do the bridal industry a favor and GO OUT OF BUSINESS! How can you think it's ok to destroy a bride's most important day of her life and give a cold "well I'm so sorry you are going through this" like it's going to make things better? I hope people see this review, realize its truthfulness and run far from David's Bridal!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Oh My Goodness... My daughter and I went into David's in Woodbridge yesterday afternoon and had one of the worst shopping experiences I've ever had. On walking in, we were greeted and asked if we had an appointment which we did not. We were looking for off the shelf Mother of the Bride and Bridesmaid dresses. 10 minutes in I asked an associate if they had any dresses with a certain (classical) neckline style and showed her an example and she immediately said, "No, we don't have anything else like that in the store." They literally have thousands of dresses and many with that style of neckline. She did not offer to help in any way.

Then my daughter was in a change room and an associate knocked on the door and immediately opened it wide, not waiting for a response. My daughter was naked and there was a man sitting right by the door waiting for his wife to come out of another change room and he saw everything. She was mortified! How is this not in your training package 101? Totally and completely UNACCEPTABLE!! I picked up an outfit for my mother and when I went to pay, the girl asked me who had helped me. I wasn't going to say anything but the fact that she wanted to attribute my sale to a sales person for some sort of gain, flipped my Karen switch. I told her that NOBODY helped us and told her what the other sales girl did. She apologized to my daughter but used the excuse that they were conducting interviews and didn't have the time to help us.

There was one other lady in the store trying on dresses, my daughter and I and about 5 staff and they couldn't have helped us? We were in the store for about 45 minutes and we saw the girls all standing around chatting with each other, fluffing dresses on hangers and completely ignoring us. David's, you need to do something about training these girls in the world of sales. I am in sales and very successful because I would never treat customers as we were treated yesterday. My budget for my dress was $1,000 and my daughter's was $500 as well as there were 3 more bridesmaids that are in need of dresses. We probably could have found dresses in your store if we had have had any help whatsoever. But I'm thinking a return to your store is probably not in the future for any of us. A completely disappointed possible customer!

Original review: July 31, 2022

Returned for 2nd alterations. Upon returning home with the dress it occurred to me that none of the alterations were done despite being charged full price. In fact they tried to hide what was supposed to be done by attaching a flower over it instead of actually stitching the front section that was agreed upon and that it would be an easy fix. When I called the manager to let her know of the shoddy workmanship she never apologized or offered to reimburse me for the alterations that didn’t happen. She was unprofessional and couldn’t care less about the dishonesty that took place. Highly disappointing for a place that is supposed to be a service-oriented business. Manager lacked integrity, genuine care and professionalism.

Original review: June 29, 2022

On 04/16/22, I attended a pre-scheduled appointment for bridal gown review & try on with my daughter. She tried on several dresses before finding the dress she found perfect for her day. The salesperson pushed to buy the dress there & then however, I expressed concern as several that she tried on had tears in them and floor dirt. My daughter chose to order the dress as opposed to purchasing in-store that day and the sales representative placed the order. We were told the dress would arrive by 05/22/22, also, it would be 4-6 weeks for alterations so there was plenty of time.

On 5/26/22, we called the store twice & spoke with a customer service representative, in which we didn't get her name, and was told the dress wouldn't arrive before mid-end Aug.. We expressed online it said the dress was in-stock & ready to ship and was told the dresses all come from the same warehouse. My daughter asked about cancelling the order because that was going to be a tight fit with alterations & her Wedding Day on Oct 13th. We were told we couldn’t cancel for a refund because it was beyond the 7 day period in which refunds could be granted. I explained I was originally told the dress would be delivered by 05/12/22 & was concerned with alterations needed, that I haven't received the dress yet so how could the 7-day refund policy apply? I was told that was the policy, return 7 days after purchase with receipt, end of discussion & terminated the call.

On June 3, 2022, we contacted the store again, I spoke with a store manager and pleaded my case trying to yet again get this matter resolved. Once again, I was told returns are only accepted 7 days after purchase and it didn't matter that we didn't have the product, the best that she could do would be to see if she could hurry up the shipment but no guarantee. I contacted the creditor to assist with this unresolved matter, to dispute the charge. We then went to a different bridal store where we purchased another dress, which will arrive in less than two weeks and another 2 weeks for alterations. Now, only after disputing the charge, on Friday, 06/10/22 the store has called to say the dress is in. I have already purchased another dress. If there is something wrong with it, they still wouldn't address the refund, they would force me to get a store credit & I'm back to square one.

Can one assume the dress magically “coming in after disputing with the cc co” is a new dress from their warehouse or is the dirty/torn dress that remained at the store? They don’t offer refunds, they force a store credit even when you don’t have the merchandise that was paid for. You cannot return an item within 7 days, although you have a receipt & they have the money but you don’t have the merchandise. This seems to be scandalous at best. They are forcing you to stay in their store by this practice. It would be a different story if we were beyond the 7 days and had the item purchased in hand but this has to be unethical & unlawful.

Original review: May 31, 2022

THE WORST POLICIES IN RETAIL!! I go to the store to have my granddaughter try on flower girl dresses $170 ok size 4 works but the style not in stock so I order /pay @ front desk. The clerk makes the delivery to the STORE? BURBANK, CA. Why?? This is what we do… I ask about the return. It’s 7 days from the date the order is PLACED!! But I’m not receiving the product for another 12 days!!

So you want to give me store credit day 8 when I NEVER even received the product?? If you order online you can ship to your home & have 7 days to cancel after you RECEIVE THE PRODUCT!!! So I called to cancel. WELL it’ll take 7-12 days to receive a refund and (cash payments receive a CHECK). I asked for a email confirmation of my cancellation & there is NO SUCH THING!!! So it’s my word against yours? WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS THIS??? Capitalizing off Brides & their families knowing this is their special day… a true meaning of a BOOTLEG COMPANY.

David's Bridal Company Information