1.67/5

New York, NY

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

215 David's Bridal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Andrea helped me so much and helped me find my dream dress! I was being indecisive but she did not give up!!! Even with 9 family and friends with me she did wonderful! So grateful!!! THANK YOU ANDREA!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I had a bad experience at the store in Rockville, MD, 20852. A couple of weeks ago I went to the store to try on several dresses. I decided to choose two dresses. One of them didn't have the right size. The other one also was over-sized, and they didn't have the color I thought I would like in the store. The consultants told me that I could order the right sizes (they NEVER measured me) and the color that I wanted and come back for the dresses later. They made me pay for both dresses, and for the expedited delivery, which I was fine about.

About a week later they called me to say that both dresses had arrived. I came to the store within 5 days after the call. I tried on both dresses. And one of them was okay. However the second one was not what I expected in color and it didn't fit me in size. I told them that I didn't want to take that dress. The consultant didn't bother to talk to me, and just kept on saying that it's the store policy not to take the dresses back, and all they could do was to exchange the dress for a different one within the same price range.

I would understand that policy, if I had bought the dress satisfying me both in color and size, and then brought it back. However, I never had a chance to see the final product, until it actually arrived to the store. So I ended up with the dress that I didn't like and lost $160. I just don't understand, why they made me pay in advance for the dress which I actually never saw. I was very upset, but nobody wanted to help me. I do NOT recommend this store to anyone. I think it's a ridiculous policy, when they make customers pay in advance for the dresses that we don't even have a chance to see!!!

Get expert buying tips about Wedding Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

First off, I’ll begin by saying that I sew a lot. I know fabric, and I know what quality work looks like. I’m in a wedding this coming summer, so we all got our dresses from David’s Bridal. Base price of these dresses was $130. We picked up our dresses today. Upon closer inspection, instead of the top of the zipper havin' a hook and eye like it is supposed to, the manufacturer decided to cut costs by only adding the hook and having the wearer hook it to one of the stitches that connects the zipper to the dress. One wrong move and your zipper would be compromised.

The bottom hem of the dress is not straight, instead it is curved which it isn’t supposed to be. Now, let’s talk about the fabric. The fabric is what they call their “sport jersey.” I have also worked with this fabric before. It’s incredibly cheap and the entire dress is made out of this stuff. This dress at most should be $30 and that is being generous. $130 is completely ridiculous and is downright theft for the quality that you are receiving in return.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

To any interested online shoppers at David's Bridal, beware! Return shipping costs and labels are not covered, I ended up having to return 2 pairs of shoes which came out to almost $30 in shipping costs. What's worse is that even though customer assistance advised me to initiate the return and provided me with all the shipping details, it took them a few months to process the return and realize that they could not accept my return and had to return it due to a vague store policy that none of the customer service reps could adequately explain to me. This makes absolutely NO SENSE in the age of Amazon.com and worst of all it is anything but customer service focused.

I called to issue a complaint about how the matter was handled and their customer service representative advised me to accept the return and just "sell it on eBay." This is likely the most absurd suggestion I have ever been given by a retail company. All in all, if you are seeking a positive experience as you plan for your already very stressful wedding, I recommend that you spare yourself the headache and avoid David's Bridal altogether.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Good afternoon ALL, I wanted to take a moment to highlight Jennifer at the Barrett Parkway (Georgia) store. On 10/21/2018, my mother-in-law & I visited the store without an appointment to find a bridal gown for her, for a 2019 event. We were told we needed an appointment, and allowed to look at the dresses to see what they had available. As we were looking, Jennifer came by and saw us, asked us what we were looking for and made accommodations to not only select a gown, but found a dressing room to try it on. Jennifer went out of our way to meet our needs, and accommodate us, especially since my mother-in-law lives in rural Mississippi and would not have access in her hometown. Thanks again Jennifer, you are a ROCK STAR and went above and beyond to help us in our time of need. Exceptional customer service at David's Bridal Barrett Parkway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Poor quality. The bridesmaid dresses that we got the zippers failed. Either they would not go up or they broke completely and this is before the wedding started. We had to sew and pin dresses. As far as the staff the first one we saw was opinionated. Did not listen to what we said. We had to go to the dresses and get things that fit us not her. She had her own agenda on what she thinks people should wear. Everything she picked was horrible.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My experience with David's Bridal was everything I could imagine and more. I had the best woman helping me. Her name is MaryAnn. This is an Awesome chick. If you're going to get married she is perfect. I felt like Cinderella getting ready for the ball. David's Bridal in Tonawanda, NY is the best Bridal Shop ever. I have the perfect dress. This was the best most perfect experience I ever had. I just came back from there today to pick up my dress and all my accessories. Everything of mine was ready within a few weeks.

Now 2 months before my wedding I will go back for alterations. If MaryAnn is able to read this, you're one of a kind a real diamond. Ladies, if you want to look like a million or billion dollars, if you are on a budget or have plenty of money, it's all welcomed here. This is your place. The other ladies are great too, but MaryAnn is the Ultimate. Ask for her. And tell her Roberta ** said too. They are worth more than 5 stars, if I was able to, they deserve hundreds.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I honestly think David's Bridal is one the worst bridal companies either. I decided to change my mind about getting married to someone and it was within 10 days of initially 'purchasing' a dress on a credit plan. They were no help about returning the dress, told me "All sales are final, you could exchange it." Then when I told them, the girl and I are split up, and no longer speaking, they let her take the dress anyways! Like, what the **! I'm stuck paying for something I will never see, or gain anything from and it cost me 1500$.

** you David's Bridal. Maybe if you gave a ** about your customer service, you might actually be a good company. It would have been a simple fix. Don't let the ** take the dress, which is technically theft, and maybe let me get something from men's Warehouse, because you guys partner with them. There's no way that you guys couldn't have set some ** up with them. It's not complicated. Put your self in my shoes, and just throw 1500$ down the toilet. And have someone tell you, "Sorry sir there's nothing we can do." Tried to resolve this ** 6 months ago when I was stationed in Arkansas.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Went in to do some recon on what dress I'd like to potentially buy. I tried on several dresses and found one I liked, but I wasn't ready to buy because my mom and sister were out of town. They told us that this dress was final sale and once it was sold they would no longer have that dress, so we bought it and spent about $850 in fear that the dress would be gone. I'm a 2, they sent me a 4. I drown in the dress and can't imagine the fees to have it altered. I'm talking handfuls of fabric, I'm able to step out of the dress with only the help of gravity. NOT TO MENTION the dress is now featured on their website for $300. So, now I have a dress I don't want and I can't even make half the money back that I spent on it to begin with. Not exactly the "bridal" experience I was wanting.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

It's really the worst service on the world. I bought the bridesmaid's dress online on October 2017. But the size is too small, I want to change other size but didn't have. So I returned following the return policy. They sent me some emails said that the refund was on processing. Until right now, Sept 2018, I didn't receive any money back from them. I called and sent them email. They said that on their system, they've already returned money for me. I was sure that I didn't received anything from my bank account. I told them send me the proof that they send me back. And they never send me back by mail or email. I lost my money for nothing. I want to warning everyone about that.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I went to David’s Bridal in Allentown, PA to get my wedding dress. I tried size 14. It was perfect. Maybe needed to be taking in a bit. They made a special order but when I went for alterations the dress was wayyy too small and I had to pay $470 for alterations and the tailor had an attitude. I don’t trust them and I will never go back there.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

When I went to try on dresses at the Chico, CA store, I had an underwhelming experience. My hopes were high and I was expecting to have a great experience for the entirety of getting my dress. That day I tried on multiple dresses and finally found a corset back dress. The woman helping me had me trying on size 12 dresses. It fit almost perfectly but was tight in the chest area as I have a larger chest and a smaller waist. I mentioned my concerns to her and she said there would be no issue with letting it out a little and told me she would order it in a petite size since I am only 5'3 so that the dress would be shorter. So I said yes to the dress.

When my dress came in I went and tried it on. To my horror it was way too small. They had ordered me a size 10 and did not order the petite size. They told me that it was just how they do their orders and that they always order dresses a size down. I told them the dress barely fit me in the chest when I tried on the size 12 and all they did was say that they could move the panel in the back so that it would cover my back and that just the way it is. I was upset but they told me that's all they could do.

So I went in for alterations and it turns out that they didn't even order my dress in the petite size so I had to pay $150 to get it hemmed. That is ridiculous. I shouldn't have had to pay that when the petite size may have worked out fine. So I had to pay that and I had to pay $20 to have the panel in the back moved. Which may not have needed it, had they ordered the dress in the correct size.

Today I went to pick up my dress with the alterations done. It was a mess. The bustle was wrong and the whole right side of the dress was dragging on the floor. They did not move the panel as they were supposed to. They added bra cups when that was never discussed and had them in a very small size that made the dress stick out from my chest with little lumps from the cups. It was a horrible experience. They were all very unprofessional. Then I had to sit around and wait while they tried to fix the alterations. It was ridiculous. I find it appalling that I had to pay for these alterations all because they ordered the wrong dress size and told me "that's just how it is". I am extremely mad and dissatisfied with my whole experience with your store and I will make sure everyone knows about it. I will also make sure no one I know ever uses your store.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I went to David's Bridal in Massapequa and was helped by a really nice woman and bought my wedding rehearsal dress. Wrote a nice review. I also went to David's Bridal in Westbury and bought my bridal shower dress-experience was good. I went back to the store in Massapequa and bought a cathedral veil that was in a bag 50% off for $150-experience was good. I went back to the Massapequa store on 8/27/18 to get my veil steamed. Meanwhile when I bought my veil, I tried it on in the store and took pictures of it from behind-perfect condition. The veil sat in a bag in my closet until it was time to get it steamed.

I was told the veil would take 15-20 minutes to get it steamed. I ended up waiting an HOUR and was told by a blonde manager with glasses that there were rips in my veil. She asked if I was aware of this and I said no. I second guessed myself and didn't have the photos with me of the veil. She told me that I would need to get a new one and could use what I paid for it which none of the veils they had were $150-all much more. I ended up paying another $50 for a new cathedral veil (I liked my original much better). I was so angry and was trying to gather my thoughts-did I rip it, did they rip it? I just had to go see my photo of the veil.

I got home and saw that the veil was not ripped in the pictures and was so angry. I knew it was my word against theirs but the girl in the back room totally destroyed the veil while trying to steam it. Why would it take an hour to steam anyway? They most likely had a "Oh **" moment and tried to put the blame on me. I went back to the store last Wednesday, 9/12/18 and spoke to the same manager woman. She wasn't very accommodating at all and said she would call corporate and it would take 24-48 hours-still haven't heard from them. They suck. Spend more $ on your dresses/veil and don't do business with them. I should have listened to other people about not going there-trash store.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

First of all, I have no idea why they measured me. I fit perfectly in the size 0 at the store but when it arrived, it was too tight. With the helps of my measurements, maybe someone could have said my ribcage wouldn't be able to fit. I had to exchange for a size 2, which took a few months and they handed it to me and I tried it on at home - why didn't they offer to have me try it on there? Really disappointed that I didn't notice all of the stains on the dress.

There are almost ten on the chest and stomach area and a very large one on the bottom front. I didn't notice it due to the lighting in my house so make sure you check in really good lighting before you're stuck with it. My sister has only one small stain at least and since alterations are expensive and time consuming (I only needed it hemmed), a coworker was kind enough to do it for me. Not good quality for the price and I wouldn't want them to ever alter anything with what I've heard along with their pricing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I went with the bride and the rest of the bridal party to pick out a dress. I found a Vera Wang dress that I loved. The sample dress fit perfectly everywhere except it was about 5 inches too long which most were so I knew it would have to be hemmed but no other alterations needed. The zipper zipped up easily and in putting two fingers in the back, I had an inch of room left. Cue to when my "custom" Vera dress arrived... completely unable to zip. Brought it to my tailor and now have to add two and a half inches of fabric just to get it zipped!

Another hundred dollars spent because according to my tailor, the measurements are a size smaller than the tag size of the dress. He told me he sees this all the time when purchasing from them. They make more money in alterations (thank God I was smart enough not to bring it there) than they do on their dress sales. The "seamstress" at DB also screwed up on the Bride's gown and another Bridesmaid dress in our party. If you want to be frustrated and spend more than you should, you should purchase here... if not, don't even walk through their doors.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I was home in Kansas City for a long weekend to handle some wedding items that I can't do at home in the Caribbean. A last minute idea was to go ahead and look for my wedding gown, so I didn't have to fly home multiple times. I hadn't planned in advance and nor had I confirmed all my bridesmaid's availability on such short notice. I made the first appt on Saturday with my Maid of Honor and mom. My family didn't quite see my vision of what I wanted for my beach wedding. They were trying to talk me into the wrong dress for me.

Megan ** was really great, calm, and reassuring that I would find what I wanted. After going through all the "liked" wedding gowns, I moved into the bridesmaid’s style dresses for my wedding dress. Megan ** pulled everything we asked her to, and then she even added a few more that I might like from the Event dresses. We were headed on the right track, but still not quite there. Megan stayed with us after her shift was over and she scheduled an appt for us for the next day. That day my other bridesmaid came with us and we finally narrowed it down to 3 dresses for me, and 2 for her. Sadly, still not done. Megan set us up for another appt on Monday and Tuesday because not all of us could be there at all the same times.

Megan only works the weekends, but she came in on her day off to help us on Tuesday. She stayed later than we had planned and didn't complain, or fuss about it being her day off. There was no guarantee that she was going to make a sale of any kind, but still came in. When we all met Tuesday, she kept us all moving in the right direction, even though she was taking care of all 3 of us. Megan ** was a real pleasure, she was very attentive to all of us, and made sure we had everything we needed. She really helped me, the bride, stay cool headed until we found the right dress. Megan was perfect to work with and all 3 of us found the best dresses. Thank you Megan **. I'll be sure to send wedding pictures of all of us.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I went to David's Bridal for my wedding dress and the woman found a dress I love but it was over my budget but I decided to get it and she told me I could exchange it. Well I found one online I liked better and since I didn't have my dress yet they agreed to let me exchange it. Well the next appointment I had was very rushed and I did get another dress that was in my budget. She said I couldn't get white because it wouldn't be in until Sept and my wedding is August.

Well my dress came in by the end of June and so I went in to have alterations done. The dress was too tight on top and she had to take in the waist and hips, hem and a bustle came out to 321.00. I was already paying over 600 for the dress and now I'm paying more than the original dress that was over my budget! After she pinned it and totaled the price I told her I couldn't afford it and she said to take off the dress and she would have her associate take out the pins. I now have a dress that doesn't fit and can't afford to have altered and because of the cost of the dress I can't afford to buy a new one. Picking out a dress is such a special part of getting married and this has ruined my experience and wedding! Don't go there ever. They are deceptive and expensive. I don't even know how much my dress was because they online did a refund amount.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My daughter needed a prom dress and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a dress that would be worn once. My daughter found a dress at David's Bridal's in Westbury, NY. We went for our first appointment on 3/24/18, it was so easy that we were out of there within 30 minutes. I was told that it would take approximately a month for the dress to come in. I asked if I could make an alteration appointment now and was told I couldn't. The dress came in with a week and a half and they kept calling to pick it up and then make an appointment for alterations but my schedule was pretty hectic so they told me they mailed it. It came in a rolled up ball. The alterations were 5/22/18 and Fontane tried to charge me a $25 rush fee but I fought it because I wanted an earlier appointment and they told me that was not possible. Fontane under her breath stated, 'she's complaining but has a Louie bag.'

We went to pick up the dress on 6/15 and the dress in the chest area looked awful. I was extremely upset, they acted like they couldn't be bothered, I demanded that my daughter's dress be fixed. Her prom is on 6/20, not a lot of time to fix it. They sent over a young girl to pin her and I asked if she was a seamstress and she said 'no.' I told her to get away from my daughter, I want a seamstress to pin her. Finally, I seamstress came out from the back, made faces that it was in fact a horrible job. They told me to come back on Monday at 130 and the dress would be done. I told them I work and I need to come at 5. They gave me a hard time but finally gave in. I made them write me up a receipt that the pickup will be 6/18 at 5.

We arrived on 6/18 at 5, and I made my daughter go wait and I asked for the manager. She ignored me and I confronted her and asked if she was the manager. She said she was and started threatening me that her district manager instructed her to call the police if I act out. I told her that if the dress was done properly, then I wouldn't be acting out and honestly, for $195 in alterations, for it to come out as it did, I have every right to be upset. I showed the manager Courtney the pictures of the dress and she said, "It looks fine to me." She was nasty, waving her finger in my face. I got nasty back because no one is going to wave a finger in my face and lie to my face that the dress looks fine. In addition, pins were left at the bottom of the dress and when I showed Courtney the pictures, she told me that my daughter put the pin in the dress.

The story gets better. I asked the nasty manager to come see the dress, which they never fixed. They told me that the Alteration Manager Fontane must approve all alterations. Odd, Fontane was the one who pinned my daughter the first time and look how the dress came out, horrible. I lost it because they didn't even touch the dress. I was told by Courtney that 'it's too bad', with her finger in my face, Fontane joined in, with her finger in my face, and then two women joined in who have no clue on what was going on. I was then told, either pick it up tomorrow, or get out of the store before they call the police. I asked for a garment bag, they refused to give me one, and I left with the dress in my hand.

The worst customer service, rude, they have no idea what they are doing there. I spoke to a customer service representative on Friday at 5 pm, Moshe and he took the complaint. He said that everyone was gone and it takes 24-48 business hours to contact the customer. I called prior to our visit today to see if this was rectified and I was told by a young lady that it takes time. Meanwhile, Courtney, stated that she spoke to her District Manager and he told her to 'call the police and throw me out.' Sometimes it's better to pay more than deal with inexperienced retail workers.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Ordered a wedding dress 'special order', so 3 month delivery. Dress arrived after 2 months, with hole in bodice; second dress arrived after a further three months in the wrong size. Rejected the goods as per English law. The company accept the first dress was defective and the second was the wrong size, but they state that the Consumer Rights Act gives THEM the right to keep trying to produce the dress as ordered. They are in breach of contract, and they have consistently failed to reply to correspondence until I have used Twitter. Brides - do not choose to use David's Bridal until you have googled 'David's Bridal complaints' and read the awful reviews on their products and customer service!!

Original review: May 29, 2018

Here we go: I ordered my dress from David’s Bridal upon trying on several dresses. My size was not available in the store, so I went with the David’s Bridal recommended size and put in the order for my wedding dress. The dress was due to arrive on May 17th and I was supposed to receive both a call and an email when my dress arrived. I received neither. That was the first “red flag”. After arranging a day with my mother-in-law to be, I called on Wednesday, May 23rd to schedule an appointment for an alteration so that I could have alterations done immediately after trying on the newly-shipped dress. I was put on hold to confirm that my dress was in the store and it was, so, we went on with the appointment for Sunday, May 27th at 5:30pm.

Now, a little bit of background: I live 2 hours out from the nearest David’s Bridal so I have to set aside an entire day for the trip to and fro. I brought my mother-in-law to be to the alteration appointment so she could help me pick out shoes and so she could see the dress with me; it was an experience we were very excited to have together, but it did not happen.

See, somewhere between booking my alteration appointment and my Sunday arrival to David’s Bridal, my dress was shipped out… to my house? Apparently, even though I had an appointment with my dress for the weekend, my dress was in the store for longer than 14 days (even though it’d been 6 days on the day I made the appointment) and needed to be shipped to the home of the purchaser, per your policy. I would imagine that your policy also indicates some form of contact as this all occurs, but to note, no form of contact came through and that’s apparent since I was there, in the store.

I was informed of all of this as I was sitting in the David’s Bridal store and handed a print-out of a shipping confirmation for my dress's arrival, hopefully, sometime today, May 29th. The attendant said to book another appointment for an alteration and I informed them that I live too far and have to set aside entire days to come to the store. Let’s just say their mask of empathy was very thin that day and all I could see off of them was “it’s not my problem”. The attendants also couldn’t understand that I would have to make, in addition to the current trip: one trip to come back to the store for a second alteration appointment with the dress they shipped to my house, two: another trip to then pick up the dress. A total of three days, two additional for the mistake they made, to spend driving back and forth to fix my wedding dress?

My account was not noted for the alteration. My dress was shipped out. I’ve paid for my dress and I DON’T HAVE MY DRESS! Words cannot dignify the amount of turmoil I’m feeling for the complete disrespect and incompetence witnessed in your store. The callousness I experienced in the handling of my Wedding Dress and my entire Wedding Experience is beyond reprehensible. If the store is not capable, with their three computer systems or their inability to communicate with one another on handling basic day-to-day business, then the store should not be in operation. The store is managed incompetently and the attendants do not care; the store is their local hang out spot and the store/clients are treated as such.

You should not be paying these people; they are doing a disservice to David’s Bridal and the entire wedding/bridal experience. With a month to my wedding, I don’t have my dress fitted and it’s literally in limbo. Who knows if it will even arrive and what condition it will be in. I shouldn’t have to deal with any of these anxieties; I made my appointment and paid for my dress. What will be done about this? I need a resolution for what has happened to me.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Ok I rush into the Macon Ga. David's Bridal on Wed evening May 9, 2018 practically in a panic because my wedding is May 12, 2018 at 6:45 pm on the beach in Clearwater FL. So I tell the lady at the front desk "Kelly" my dilemma of needing a dress. She assured me it was all good. No worries. We would find me a dress. Right!!! So I sigh with relief... Well nothing to get excited about or relieved yet because guess what? It's Thursday May 10, 2018 and I still do not have a wedding dress!!! Ok I'm in Macon store trying on dresses right, well she brings me a strapless bra to wear under dress it was too small so she comes back with a much larger one that swallows me whole an says this will have to do because I don't have many selections in your size. She just had a pissy I don't care attitude about getting me in a dress or selling me anything!!!

Now mind you this is suppose to be a fun exciting procedure as part of the wedding day planning right ladies??? Well... Not so much in my case and not so much with David's Bridal... She acted as though I was a bum off the street wasting her time. She pulled me a few gowns helped me get into them but they were either too small or too big so she suggests that I go to another store as though she didn't want to bother with me! I liked a dress very much but she did nothing in the way of pleasing or accommodating me and my needs at all. She did manage after about an hour and a half to pawn me off on another store in Jacksonville East FL. (Also David's Bridal) Out of my way and out of the beaten path so I explained to her that it was way outta my way to please find another store, so she reluctantly tried calling a few other David's Bridal finally after I asked her to repeatedly...

Actually I had to ask for service about everything, she kept disappearing and leaving me alone. I felt really small and unimportant by this time but I remained a Christian and even tried to cheer her up but she simply made it perfectly clear that she had no interest in helping me find a dress or satisfying me as a paying in cash person!!! It was after she started helping with another customer that I realized I wasn't gonna leave this store a happy camper!!! So she finally pawned me off on another lady that worked there!!! I told her I wanted to buy something from her so she could get commission out of my wasting her time and she replied, "I'm the manager. I don't get commission so it really doesn't matter one way or another..." So this other lady treated me with same exciting enthusiasm as the first... But she did hook me up with the Jacksonville East David Bridal in FL.

So I did have to ask her if I could buy my veil and some Costume jewelry for my dress From her so she walked to the rack picked up the first thing and sold them to me... After I asked repeated for several different garments that I never got!!! I just left a very sad and disappointed bride!!! So I got up this morning Thursday May 10, 2018 and called the Jacksonville FL store to pay for the dress I picked that only they had my actual size in! And that I was leaving GA. to come pick it up. However at 5:30 pm after a long day of misery and car trouble I call the Jacksonville FL David's Bridal to inform them that I could not make it to their store on time to get my dress and that I had no other way or day to pick it up except today!!! Then I asked the woman named Terrie that I was talking to over the phone if I paid someone 200.00$ cash to sit in their parking lot with my dress would they do that for me... Well of course not.

Her response was, "This a very bad neighborhood." So I say, "Oh ok then. Just hang my dress that I have already bought and paid for on the outside door of store. I will take full responsibility for my dress. Just put it where I can come get it because I can't get there on time tonight nor can I come Tomorrow and my wedding is Sat May 12, 2018!" Well guess what??? She refused to do that because I had to sign for that dress even though I had already paid for it over the phone!!!

Terrie the manager I'm guessing said it's their policy that they are responsible for the dress until I sign for IT!!! So ladies there's a lot more details but I'm tired and off at 6:15 pm again to shop for a wedding dress so if you want memorable pleasant exciting experience when you shop for a wedding dress DO NOT GO TO DAVID's Bridal in any state. I would give them half a star if I knew how to do that... Oh and check this out. Kelly had the audacity to ask me to go online and give her 5 star reviews!!! Well here you are hun. I hope I have accommodated you in the same manner and respect that all of you ladies gave me!!!! Have a nice life.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I won't even give David's Bridal 1 star. My daughter purchased her wedding gown for $599 before taxes; paid $160 for alterations and at the final fitting had to pay another $394! Outrageous that the alterations which are minimal are almost the cost of the dress. I'd advise everyone to go elsewhere for alterations.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Finding the perfect dress for your son's wedding is difficult. So you go to presumed quality store online, you order the dress. It does not fit scratchy lace. You cannot return it to a store, the people were very rude, so you return it to the online store. Surprise need to pay to ship it back about 11 dollars and you already paid to have it shipped to you plus they do not give a full refund they deduct another shipping charge. Costing about 42 dollars in all to return it. Should have kept it and just sold it.

There are many other stores online to shop that are consumer friendly particularly to people shopping for an important occasion. Nordstrom's is one, a great experience quality products, very friendly, and helpful online assistance often free shipping and free returns. Great sale prices too! There is also Dillard's great shopping experience. Or try a local bridal shop. I will never direct anyone to David's Bridal or shop there again to many other places to go that appreciate your business a wedding planner.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I would give negative stars if I could, because my experience was and still is, THAT BAD. First off, they didn’t order my wedding dress, (that takes 6+ months to get in by the way, since it’s special order) for 3 weeks AFTER I had paid for it, delaying it that much longer. The only reason I found out is because they told me they couldn’t email me a receipt (I paid for it over the phone a day or so later) and that I had to come into the store. I figured since I was going to be there in 3 weeks anyway for my bridesmaid’s dresses, I would just pick up my receipt then, no harm. WRONG. They didn’t show that it had been paid for and tried to get me to pay for my dress again! After arguing with the associate for over 10 minutes that I had paid my dress off a few weeks ago, I finally had to show her my bank statement to show her that I in fact had paid for my dress!

So now my dress that was supposed to get in here in July, for a wedding beginning of September, will not be here until August. Which does not give us any time to get any of the alterations or my pictures done. After I tried to see if they could get it in earlier, they told me that it was up to the designer and that there was nothing they could do. They didn’t even offer to expedite the shipping from the warehouse to get it to me sooner, just told me that it still might be in earlier and we have to wait. When I expressed that it is arriving in August didn’t give me any time to get alterations done, they told me I could have them rush my order, but it would be a rush fee. They wanted to charge me the extra fee, FOR THEIR MISTAKE. After all of that hassle- They ordered one bridesmaid's wrong dress! Keep in mind, she ordered in store, the day we looked at them! She confirmed it with the associates 3 times, on the dress, color and size she needed.

When she went to pick it up, it was a completely wrong size and style. When she told them that it was not the correct dress she ordered they did correct their mistake and ordered the correct one. BUT not without trying to charge her an additional price, Again FOR THEIR MISTAKE. She got lucky, and the associate was very nice to her and “waived” the additional charge and offered to ship it to her house for free. Hopefully this one is correct this time. This is also the only one of my bridesmaids to have their dress arrive, so I am not sure the state of the other 5 bridesmaids waiting. I will NEVER shop with them again. Not only do they not own up to their mistakes, they don’t care to fix them either to make up for it. Once they have your money, their customer service sucks.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I am very disappointed not only in the shoes I ordered, but more so with David's Bridal customer service. Their shoes do not reflect the proper sizing or color. They ran about a size and a half small. I am a true 11, but received an equivalent of a 9.5. I have been back and forth with several different yet unhelpful representatives about an exchange or credit for about 3 months. It seems as though they just pass the concerns around with no regard for previous thread. They send a generic message and don't specifically address your concerns.

With David's Bridal, you have to pay to ship back unless the product is damaged. Furthermore when you buy online, you cannot return to a store. An item that is misrepresented (in color and size) should be considered for a refund or exchange. I was open to return myself as well as just taking a credit to buy different shoes, but they didn't even respond to my last message. I will not be buying from David's Bridal again.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Don't bother to buy online with David's Bridal. The dress was unsatisfactory (cheap and ugly) and the cost of shipping would have paid for half the dress! I spent nearly $50 on shipping on a $100 dress. And the refund has not yet been credited to my account after several weeks. Terrible customer service.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I bought my wedding dress from here, at the Ft Wayne, IN store, in August for my April 2018 wedding. My experience when buying my dress was okay, customer service was not terrible, but I was on a tight budget and felt pressured to buy everything from their store. Also, the "quote" the saleswoman gave us for alterations ended up being like a third of what they actually cost. For example she said "oh it will be $10 to add straps to your dress", in reality the material alone was $48. At my first alterations appointment I worked with Lauren (who was great). When I went back in 4 weeks to pick up the dress I was horribly disappointed - Lauren who pinned my dress, and who we thought did the alterations, was not there. I had spent $354 for alterations and nothing that was done to the dress was done correctly. The lady I worked with at my second fitting appointment, who turned out to be the alterations manager Janet, was horribly rude and not helpful.

My mom was down on the ground attempting to fix parts of my dress that we were not happy with, while Janet just watched. My mom does not sew, therefore she had no idea what she was doing, but Janet did nothing to offer us assistance. Her suggestions were to use double sided tape or use safety pins to bustle my dress! My mom and I went home that night in tears and we had no trust in anyone at David's Bridal. I did not feel comfortable with my dress being there any longer, so we ended up picking up my dress the next day. The store manager was then also rude as we asked for a refund due to my dress and alterations not being what I paid for. The manager stated that everything on my receipt had been done to the dress, therefore a refund was not elicited. My mom also questioned why we had to pay upfront and her response was "that's just how our ticket system runs."

I do not feel we should have to pay for a service up front that has not been completed! And come to find out - the seamstress who pins the dress is NOT who sews the dress and then they are NOT who is at your next fitting. There is NO consistency in the alterations department. They say "we all pin the same and we all sew the same", but that obviously cannot be true. In the end, I ended up taking it to a sweet alterations lady in Rome City (and will pay to have my dress altered again). Once I took it there I found out that David's Bridal had actually NOT done everything that was on my receipt - they had taken the dress in in wrong places and had not even TOUCHED the outer layer of lace material.

She even questioned how I got into the dress because they had taken it in SO much in the wrong places - places that had already been tight in the beginning! What was on my receipt and what had been done to the dress were NOT the same. My mom and I have contacted the corporate office and they too will not give us the time of day regarding a refund. $354 to this corporation is equivalent to a penny for them, but it is a lot of money for me while I still have other wedding bills to pay! They are rude and their customer service is awful. We will NEVER refer another friend to David's Bridal in the future. Your wedding dress is the highlight of your big day and David's Bridal has turned mine into a nightmare.

Original review: March 6, 2018

My daughter found the dress of her dreams. Of course the dress had to be altered. When we came to pick up the dress the first time they hadn't done anything to it, the second time it still had not been done and the 3rd time the dress was too small. They said they could fix it by making ties in the back which obviously changes the look of the dress and then told us since it had to be a rushed thing they were charging us extra. We argued at the fact that it was supposed to have been done twice before this and now that it's close to the wedding day and they cut the back wide open and made it to small it was our problem? They said it wasn't their fault that its the alteration people's fault. They would not give us any money back or discount on the dress they would only give us instore credit.

Don't get me started on Men's warehouse that they do their tuxedo's through. They were missing tuxes when we went to pick those up, then charged people for tuxes that we already had paid for up front. They both have terrible customer service and the fact that they would not take any fault or give us any credit after ruining my daughter's dress, I will never do business with them again!!!

Original review: March 5, 2018

My experience with David's Bridal was horrible. When first locating a dress for myself, my biggest concern was the alteration. I did not want a dress that was going to cost me more than 200$ for alterations. The dress I picked was amazing and perfect. I was informed it would be starting at 60$ and goes up to 200$, how perfect right!? WRONG!!! They LIED. My alterations ended up being 450$ because it was a contour dress, the baseline is 245$ for this type of dress, NOT what I was informed on. When I tried to explain what happened they told me to go somewhere else if I didn't like it.

Then my bridesmaids come in for an APPOINTMENT, they were not helped at all, was told to look for their own dresses without any help, was pushed into a corner and left to handle the dresses by themselves. I had to constantly be asking for someone to come and pen the dresses or do it myself!!! Why should a Bride be handling her girls' bridesmaid dresses, I absolutely should not have to do this. THEN, we get the dresses in and 3 (the ones who got matching dresses) broke out into hives, when asking the store manager how this is happening, they BLAMED, my bridesmaid and kicked us out of the store with NO resolution (asked us to leave). After having that horrible ordeal we figured calling corporate would help. WRONG AGAIN. They spent three weeks giving us the run around on the dresses and STILL will not take credit and BLAMES my bridesmaids for having a reaction to THEIR DRESS!

When trying to come to a resolution about this whole scene the BEST they could do was 20%, which basically only takes the taxes off the vail and I still end up paying full price. As a bride and having to deal with the emotional turmoil of this store and CORPORATE MANAGEMENT (her name is Princess) if 20% is the best they can do then they are the WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. I am now going to sue them for emotional damage and for being unprofessional during this whole process. Lying to us every step of the way. This Princess even refused to let me see call records between us and to speak to her supervisor. NEVER SHOP OR DO BUSINESS WITH DAVID'S BRIDAL. EVER. You will regret it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I was very unhappy with the fact that we purchased a $1500.00 dress and were not told that the alterations would be over $500.00, 1/3 of the dress cost. This is ridiculous! The first dress had to be returned as it was so small that it could not be zipped. My daughter normally wears an 8 yet David's ordered her a 4 even after we repeatedly told them that she has never worn a 4. The dress was to arrive in early March, when it arrived in December, we were told that we had 10 days to pick it up as they could not store dresses. My daughter lives two hours away so I picked it up to find that it was too small, returned it and waiting for the 2nd dress to come in. They have nice dresses but we aware of the hidden alterations costs. They should up their dress prices and alter for free or make sure that you understand the high price of alterations.

David's Bridal Company Information