David's Bridal

New York, NY

3.7/5 (128 ratings)

About David's Bridal

David's Bridal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about David's Bridal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: June 29, 2022

On 04/16/22, I attended a pre-scheduled appointment for bridal gown review & try on with my daughter. She tried on several dresses before finding the dress she found perfect for her day. The salesperson pushed to buy the dress there & then however, I expressed concern as several that she tried on had tears in them and floor dirt. My daughter chose to order the dress as opposed to purchasing in-store that day and the sales representative placed the order. We were told the dress would arrive by 05/22/22, also, it would be 4-6 weeks for alterations so there was plenty of time.

On 5/26/22, we called the store twice & spoke with a customer service representative, in which we didn't get her name, and was told the dress wouldn't arrive before mid-end Aug.. We expressed online it said the dress was in-stock & ready to ship and was told the dresses all come from the same warehouse. My daughter asked about cancelling the order because that was going to be a tight fit with alterations & her Wedding Day on Oct 13th. We were told we couldn’t cancel for a refund because it was beyond the 7 day period in which refunds could be granted. I explained I was originally told the dress would be delivered by 05/12/22 & was concerned with alterations needed, that I haven't received the dress yet so how could the 7-day refund policy apply? I was told that was the policy, return 7 days after purchase with receipt, end of discussion & terminated the call.

On June 3, 2022, we contacted the store again, I spoke with a store manager and pleaded my case trying to yet again get this matter resolved. Once again, I was told returns are only accepted 7 days after purchase and it didn't matter that we didn't have the product, the best that she could do would be to see if she could hurry up the shipment but no guarantee. I contacted the creditor to assist with this unresolved matter, to dispute the charge. We then went to a different bridal store where we purchased another dress, which will arrive in less than two weeks and another 2 weeks for alterations. Now, only after disputing the charge, on Friday, 06/10/22 the store has called to say the dress is in. I have already purchased another dress. If there is something wrong with it, they still wouldn't address the refund, they would force me to get a store credit & I'm back to square one.

Can one assume the dress magically “coming in after disputing with the cc co” is a new dress from their warehouse or is the dirty/torn dress that remained at the store? They don’t offer refunds, they force a store credit even when you don’t have the merchandise that was paid for. You cannot return an item within 7 days, although you have a receipt & they have the money but you don’t have the merchandise. This seems to be scandalous at best. They are forcing you to stay in their store by this practice. It would be a different story if we were beyond the 7 days and had the item purchased in hand but this has to be unethical & unlawful.

Original review: May 31, 2022

THE WORST POLICIES IN RETAIL!! I go to the store to have my granddaughter try on flower girl dresses $170 ok size 4 works but the style not in stock so I order /pay @ front desk. The clerk makes the delivery to the STORE? BURBANK, CA. Why?? This is what we do… I ask about the return. It’s 7 days from the date the order is PLACED!! But I’m not receiving the product for another 12 days!!

So you want to give me store credit day 8 when I NEVER even received the product?? If you order online you can ship to your home & have 7 days to cancel after you RECEIVE THE PRODUCT!!! So I called to cancel. WELL it’ll take 7-12 days to receive a refund and (cash payments receive a CHECK). I asked for a email confirmation of my cancellation & there is NO SUCH THING!!! So it’s my word against yours? WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS THIS??? Capitalizing off Brides & their families knowing this is their special day… a true meaning of a BOOTLEG COMPANY.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Purchased a dress in-store and they ordered it online using their computer system. I received the dress the week of May 9th because it was on backorder. The store has two conflicting return policies. Since it was bought at the store we cannot return it but if it is bought online we have 7 days to return it the day of receiving the merchandise. The store ordered it online using the internet and we received it and are currently in the 7-day window. The dress ordered was sized wrong so we would have to get another dress sent to us possibly taking a month or more missing the wedding, forcing us to keep the dress and have it altered at a potentially higher cost to make the wedding date in time. They could only offer store credit due to poor company policies.

Original review: May 12, 2022

In 2020 (Just before COVID hit), I purchased 3 dresses and a sash at David's Bridal in Vista, CA (one for bridesmaid and two for myself). The wedding dress had to be ordered and would not arrive for 4 months... Yet I was required to pay for it upfront. Upon arrival, the wedding dress was crushed in the chest area and went into alterations to see if they could fix it. A second dress that I bought needed to be steamed due to wrinkles and they refused to steam it and give it to me in good condition until I filed a complaint online.

In the middle of COVID, I went in twice to try on the dresses and see if the wedding dress had been fixed properly and it had not. I tried to call them numerous times and they didn't answer their phone or return my call. While all of this was going on, my fiancé was going in and out of the hospital about a dozen times, my daughter was also in and out of the doctor's office and I was caretaker for both of them. Meanwhile, when I finally was able to reach someone at the Vista store in the past couple of months to see if the dresses were ready to pick up, they claimed that I abandoned the dresses (false statement) and that they had sent the dresses back to the corporate office.

I have been reaching out to corporate to resolve this issue for months... they said they'd have a manager call me back, but they have never called me back. I also drove to the store and the manager, Belinda, gave me false information and has not helped me. Now I find out from customer service at corporate (after I have repeatedly called them and never receiving a call back), that they lost my dresses and are not planning to reimburse me for close to a $1,000! I will be filing a dispute on this, but wanted to make sure that the public is aware of this atrocity! I would never recommend this company to anyone - not even an enemy - they are fraudulent and do not honor their commitments.

Original review: May 8, 2022

First of all I was not informed that all payments had to be made date of service for me and my bridesmaids. Long wait times with appointment and very disorganized. My dress was ordered in the wrong size and color so had to wait an additional week. Then I want to call me when my dress was ready to be picked up I had to end up calling them. None of my bridesmaids were informed that their dresses were in. They double booked one of my bridesmaids and told her appointment had to be cancelled. Day of my alteration I found out that they booked me for the wrong kind of appt. Had me for bridal and not alterations, but they agreed to see me anyway. Was not informed of cost of alterations nor that I had to pay day of. Lady charges me $378!! $200 alone just to hem.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I truly had high expectations about David’s Bridal, but no more. My experience with the store in Middletown NY were horrible to say the least. I went in to purchase a dress which fit me perfectly. The only problem was there was a small hole in the dress which they told me it would not be a problem to be reordered. On the day of alterations the new dress did not fit whatsoever! I couldn’t believe the dress did not fit considering it was the same size. When I asked why the dress was to small the lady who was doing the alterations said I couldn’t tell me all she does is alterations. I was very disgusted! They told me I had to get a new dress because the original dress was discontinued.

I purchased other items to go with my first dress and now could no longer return them because of their seven day lame policy. After choosing a new dress they tried to make me pay an additional $165.00 after they agree to price match it with the original dress. When the alterations were being done the dress was said to be to much to take in and the hem alone was going to cost $200.00. This was all new to me and my first time hearing about alteration prices. At this point I was so sorry I ever step foot into David’s Bridal and never again will I go back! The service there was completely unprofessional and very distasteful. On top of that they were also rude. I wouldn’t ever advise any bride to be to go to David’s Bridal. I tried to reach customer service and they were NO HELP AT ALL, SMH!

No apologies were ever give for this incident. This was definitely a learning experience for me. I learned that David’s Bridal doesn’t care about the happiness of their customers they have one goal in mind and that to take as much money as they can from you, period. It’s really sad! Anyway, I wished I look at the reviews for David’s Bridal before I considered shopping there because I would have never went. I see I’m not the only one who has had bad experiences there so I’m glad to know it not me just dogging the store. This business REALLY AND TRULY SUCKS!!! I don’t think they even deserve 1 ⭐️

Original review: April 13, 2022

I bought a dress on David's Bridal website. When it was delivered to me I noticed it had the security tag on. I had to go to the store in San Diego, at Camino Dela Reina (what’s the point to buy online if I have to go to the store?) and when I get there, the sales person says they didn’t have time to take it off? What???? Of course it took less than one minute to do. But it is definitely not a place to go back.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

My daughter’s David’s Bridal consultant, David at Tampa,FL on Kennedy Blvd was exceptional. David was attentive and knew what she wanted. He watched her body language and could tell when she liked or disliked a dress. He did such a great job! Thank you David for making my daughter’s day very special.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I came to the store not knowing what to get for my wedding and Alexis and Sonia got together to find the the right dress. I recommend this store for those 1st time brides like myself who have never received any guidance. I felt like I was talking to family when choosing the right items to make my wedding complete. Thanks again for the wonderful staff and services.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

My appt for my Alterations was at 12pm (est). My consultation started 30 mins late. The alterations are ridiculously priced. You are not given a price list prior to your appt, but expected to pay the full amount at the end of appt. I had to pay almost 300.00 today in which I was totally unprepared to do but nevertheless I paid it. Never again!

David's Bridal Company Information