2. Shopping

David's Bridal

New York, NY

David's Bridal
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.28/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

David's Bridal Reviews

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

A representative named Cheryl provided excellent customer service. She really took her time with me. Provided several dresses to see which one I feel comfortable in. I’m a plus size woman that is bottom heavy. On top is small but she knew exactly what would look right on me. That made a difference. More people need to be like her. In the beginning another representative help me but she walked away. Cheryl Came in at the right time with the right attitude. She didn’t give up on me. That’s what I’m not used to. She’s exceptional. More representatives need to be like her. Thank you will have a representative like Cheryl who is an asset to your company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I went to the David's Bridal in Winston-Salem, NC with my daughter. My daughter has recently gotten engaged and this was our first stop in shopping for her wedding gown. Jayla ** was the lady that helped my daughter, and she went to great lengths to make sure that my daughter felt special that day. She was so friendly and knowledgeable, and it was obvious that she enjoyed her job. My daughter was made to feel like a princess that day as Jayla helped her complete her look, from the dress, to the veil, and headpiece. Jayla was not just trying to sell us a dress, but wanted to make sure the experience itself was one that my daughter will never forget.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have gone to the David's Bridal in Totowa multiple times for bridesmaids dresses and they have always been wonderful. The most recent time Karina, who is the saleswoman, was very helpful and honest about the style of dresses that looked good on me and helped me find the perfect dress for my cousin's wedding. She originally was on the cash register but took time to come and help me figure out what was the best route to go. She is a wonderful saleswoman and it was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend going to this David's Bridal.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I know that due to Covid 19 there are restrictions with businesses being opened. I made an online appointment for a bridesmaid dress for when they reopened on 6-6-2020 back in May. Now I understand things have been pushed back on opening but they never called to cancel the appointment. I drove an hour there to find out they were closed. I couldn't speak to anyone until Monday. On Monday, I contacted them about this issue. I was promised a call from the Middletown NY store I would receive a call on Wednesday. Nothing. Now it is Thursday and they still can't reach out to me. Customer service is horrible.

Original review: May 26, 2020

During this pandemic David's Bridal has a return policy that doesn't make any sense. On their website they updated the return policy for online that says you have up until the event to make an exchange but then it says you have 7 days to do a return. Which one is it?? Either way I reached out to david bridal on 7th day (they were open) but no one got back to me through their automated response system. I reached out again next day. Now they are telling me I can't return because I missed by one day ago! What a terrible business practice to lie to your customers. I qualified for an exchange either way to take it by wedding is September 16th 2020 and I reached out to do exchanges on 7th day regardless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: May 23, 2020

I ordered two different dresses In 3 different sizes because I could not shop in store due to Covid19 restrictions. The sizes were grossly off despite measuring beforehand, they were way too long and too big. I had a hard time getting in touch with anyone and stores were closed. Phone calls said they were closed. Online wasn’t helpful. And after two days I got a text back. This was day 16 after my order shipped therefore they refused to do any return. I’m left with six dresses because of Covid issues and they won’t correct this issue. Completely bad tricky business.

Original review: May 20, 2020

If I could give them zero stars I would. They are horrible. I had to cancel my wedding due to a world pandemic. This place is giving my bridesmaid a horrible time returning their dresses. They bought their dresses in early March. No one knew that this was going to happen. Their receipt says 14 days after receiving order. That's the policy. They bought their dresses under, they're not letting any of them get their money back. They're very rude and unprofessional stating "we can change the policy whenever we want". I'm very disappointed and will never recommend to anyone. Unfortunately they're doing this to a lot of people during a crisis like this. It's sad and pathetic.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I understand with Covid a lot got messed up, delayed etc. Wheres my bridesmaid dress? Been getting run around for weeks about my dress... Used text message. No one answering. Told many different things.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I purchased my dress in Feb 28, 2020, was supposed to get married on May 2, 2020. Well the wedding got canceled due to COVID. I call David’s Bridal and spoke with the company several time while store were closed and they assured me that I would be able to return my dress and get a full refund. Well today they store open back up. I call to schedule an appointment to return my dress to get a full refund, management all apologize to me countless time that on the 16 of May the company decided to change their policy where now you can only get store credit. Who in the hell want store credit for a 700 wedding dress to one store especially when you do not wear dresses for fun or jewelry that’s meant for parties.

Original review: May 16, 2020

We bought my daughter's prom dress in March of 2019 for her prom that was in April. It was mere days later that schools started the learn from home approach with plans that school would be back in session by prom. With proms and graduations being cancelled all over the country we attempted to return the prom dress within the 14 days of purchase, but the store was already closed to anything but pickups. I called the store to make sure we would be able to return once it opened back up and was assured that they would indeed let us return the dress due to the circumstances.

When I called the store this morning they said that as of today their return policy had changed and they would exchange the dress or offer store credit for the amount, but they would not be able to return the dress even though I had called when the pandemic began and was assured that I would be able to return it. So now families who spent money on prom dresses for proms that were cancelled are out hundreds of dollars because David's Bridal would rather keep their money than have a decent reputation. Shame on your greed.

David's Bridal Company Information