1.68/5

New York, NY

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

232 David's Bridal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I picked up my bridesmaid dress and it was severely crushed. The manager had the audacity to say that's how they come. Who wants to try on a dress that they are wearing to a wedding crushes up. I am absolutely livid to see the state of the dress I paid for. Not to mention they are unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

First off, this is not about the people that work for a certain store, but about the customer service line, and policies. I contacted David's Bridal to see about changing my due date due to a new pay period I was placed on. I have all my bills broken up by check and have done that for years. They give you an option to change your due date online so I requested a due date change. It said, "At this time you're not eligible." (again proving you can change the due date). I thought it odd since I have been a valuable customer for over a year and never one made a late payment or missed a payment.

I waited a few more months and made some changes and messaged them again, I got the same response. I called customer service and was told that they do not allow customer's due date changes ever and every single person has the same due date. I find this very hard to believe, then why did the message say that it was just denied for the moment? I asked to speak to a someone higher up and was placed on hold for over 10 minutes, then the phone disconnected. I did not get a return call. I called back and then kept getting hung up on. I cannot believe this and that a simple due date change has caused so many issues and that it is being refused. I have told all my friends about this that are getting married and NONE of them will be using David's Bridal because of how ridiculous this is and they don't want the same issues. I will be cutting up my card up as soon as it is paid off and NEVER using it again.

Get expert buying tips about Wedding Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Hello, I am getting married in a year and had my first bridal appointment made with David's Bridal in Mobile, Alabama. I cannot say anything bad about appointments because they took me right in, but I had shown my consultant some pics of styles and dresses I loved as well as ones on the floor show room that I liked and she never pulled the ones I liked. Instead she pulled similar ones to the ones I liked in sizes much too small for me after I told her my dress size. I couldn't get a feel for any of the dresses due to lack of correct sizing plus I had a bride next to me wanting to borrow all the dresses I was trying on and got all my dresses mixed in with hers and the ones I liked ended up disappearing into her pile instead.

I couldn't get good focus on my appointment because there was too much going on and everyone just asked how I rated the dress in terms of how likely am I to buy that dress. They didn't care if I felt bridal in it they just wanted my money. Also just recently learned they may be going bankrupt or are already. They tried to force me into buying my veil along with my dress by telling me the veils were only on sale for that day. Which is not true because the veils are almost always on sale all the time online. I did not purchase from there. I told them my budget was 1200 and they put me in a dress I loved that was 2000. I went to I Do Bridal instead and said yes to my dress for 1300 dollars instead. Much better choice.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I wanted to share about the awful and hurtful experience I had. I don’t like leaving negative reviews because I know the effect they can have, but unfortunately, this issue was not resolved, nor did they attempt to resolve it. Myself and 5 other bridesmaids have purchased dresses from David’s Bridal in Scarborough, ON. When we tried on dresses I chose to purchase a dress smaller than my size at the time. I tried on the size that I wanted to order and it fit. Although it was tight, it still zipped all the way and fit. This was September. The wedding is in February. When I received the dress in December it did not fit. It is not the same size as the one I tried on in the store.

I went back on December 28 to address this issue. I went with my sister and a friend who was going to have her dress altered. Before speaking to anyone, I tried on the black sample dress to make sure that I was not mistaken. After all it could have been that I gained weight. It fit. As it did when I chose to purchase that size. I tried on the one that I was given (biscotti) and it did not fit. We spent several hours trying to come to a solution but the staff was extremely rude. They basically told me I could steam it and try to stretch it out. The material the dress is made out of does not stretch. It is 100% Polyester. I felt like I was treated like an idiot and that was not okay. Their solution was to have it altered to add a corset. That would have been fine, however, they provided no assistance and wanted me to pay the full price for it ($100).

This was NOT my fault. It was a mistake on DB’s side. The dress I was given IS NOT the same as the one I tried on. The excuse given to me is that the sample one is stretched. If that is the case it should be swapped out for one that fits properly. This is unacceptable. The manager and store manager went on to state that it was my fault because my measurements read a different size. I found this EXTREMELY rude and shameful. What they were indicating was that I was too fat for that dress and it is my fault for choosing a dress that doesn’t fit me. I was body shamed. I was belittled. I was bullied. I was ganged up on by staff. It made me feel extremely insecure and hurt. The fact that I did not lose the weight is none of their business and it has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is I did not receive what I purchased.

Again, they blamed me for not having gone with the size they said, which, when I tried on suggested size they had to pin it everywhere because it was so big. The store manager went on to state that she would try and contact corporate to see if they could do anything about the alterations. She did not want to do anything herself to reduce the price or comp it or meet us halfway. I had my friend speak to everyone for me as I was extremely angry and hurt. I did not want to make a scene and felt my friend was extremely calm and tried to de-escalate the situation while DB employees were escalating it, being rude and raising their voice stating the dresses are made from a standard outline. I understand that. However, I did not receive what I purchased. The dress I purchased zipped up. The one I was given does not.

Before leaving, the store manager said she would contact my friend after the new year with an update. We asked for a date and was told by January 2nd. We never heard back from her. My friend called multiple times and left messages. She was finally contacted on January 9th at around 7pm and told there was nothing they could do. I was able to locate an email for DB directly and informed them of what had occurred (exactly what I am posting here). I was contacted and it was reiterated that there was nothing they could do because the size I bought was not the size I was when I purchased the dress.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. They do not care about customers or customer satisfaction. This issue could have EASILY been resolved by helping me out with the alterations. After all, the seamstress is paid salary and it would have literally not costed them a cent. I am shocked that this issue escalated to what it did and no effort was made on their part. I have worked in retail and have a friend who owns a retail store and this is not acceptable. It is so hurtful and disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I will start from the beginning. This has been an ongoing situation and I am very upset. This is my first time getting married and call me crazy, but I don’t think the dress experience is supposed to be like this. I tried on and purchased the dress in Aug 2018. The dress on the floor was a size 14. It fit like perfection. Per the alterations lady, I was talked into a larger size. She assured me that she can fit the dress as needed. Price for alterations would be approximately $300. There was drama from the beginning and honestly I wish that I never did business with this company. I am disgusted with the situation.

After calling and being on the phone about the delivery date several times, the dress was in. The month of December the dress came in, just as I said the dress was HUGE! I was very upset as I think anyone would be. But putting my trust in the alterations lady (again), I made an appt. When I came back for my first fitting, the dress again very much too large. She put in two cups in the top and added some straps. Not the look I was going for. Soon into the appt I was told that the dress cannot be taken in where it needs to be. So it will never look like the dress that I tried on. The dress I feel in love with.

After a little while of me being upset one of the bridesmaids suggest that I try on the size 14 that is on the floor. So I did and it fit like perfection. Just as it was supposed to. The reason why I loved and purchased the dress. I was told that a new size 14 could not be ordered in time for my wedding. So I settled on a used dress. A dress that isn’t even the shade that I ordered. A dress that has been tried on by who knows how many other people. The in store manager at this time told me that they will give me $400 towards alterations. After the store associates re ringing up the price, I was told that I still owed $28 for alterations.

So confused and pissed off at this point I paid and move. At this point I am so irritated. I am not sure what to do. I have been offered $100 in store credit. I CANNOT USE IN STORE CREDIT. NOR DO I WANT IT! Something about this situation needs to be fixed. I want some of my money back. This situation was not my fault and now I’m screwed because there is no time to order a new dress. I feel completely screwed by this company. They took away all the fun and happiness of this situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a dress from this company, brought it home and hung it up in a closet. My fiance and I decided to postpone our wedding so we could buy our first home. At the same time we have changed the original plans for our big day from the traditional wedding to something much smaller and on a beach in the summer, which a giant ballgown won't work for. This company now will not let me EXCHANGE the dress that I previously purchased for another dress of equal or even GREATER value after I was lied to over the phone by not only a representative but also the manager. The sales representative lied to me regarding the exchange policy as well as the manager lied to me saying that the dress that I purchased is an inactive model WHILE I was looking at it for sale on their website for the same amount of money that I had purchased it for. All they care about is their profits NOT about making sure that brides feel beautiful on their special day!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Kayla the stylist at David's Bridal in Henderson, NV was outstanding, she made us feel very special as she asked questions about the upcoming wedding and made great suggestions. Thank you Kayla, I can tell you like your job!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

To make a very long story short: David's Bridal will attempt to sell you a used dress if you purchase a new dress online and they are out in the warehouse. After ordering a new dress online but never receiving it, I spoke with an extremely rude customer service rep. She proceeded to tell me that they were out of the dress in the warehouse and that they were trying to find this dress in the "best condition possible" to send to me. To that my questions were, Why wasn't I made aware of this? Why haven't I been asked if this is even acceptable? Will I still be paying the same amount as if it were brand new? She had no answers for me so I asked to speak to a manager. Of course I was told they were too busy at the moment.

Next I spoke with corporate customer service to a manager who smoothed everything over and assured me that a NEW dress was coming my way overnight. She went on this long spiel about how they would never send a used dress to a customer who purchased new. When the dress arrived, it was covered in hair and lint. The edges were picked and frayed and there was makeup in the lining. The dress had been tried on so many times that this dress (that I purchased a size smaller than my norm) fit like it was 2 sizes bigger.

When I called corporate back and spoke with another manager they said that it is common procedure to send a 'try on' dress from a store when they are out in the warehouse... Really??? Blatantly lie to the customer and try to pull off that it is a new dress!?? At least the rude customer service rep told the truth. Corporate lied to attempt to make more money off something that had been tried on who knows how many times. I am thankful that I hated the dress overall when it got there, or I would have been more upset that they couldn't provide what was promised; cheap material, terribly made. I knew giving David's Bridal a chance was a horrible idea but I was hoping to be wrong. I will never shop here again, I will never recommend this company and I will make sure to let every bride I work with know not to waste their time or money.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My daughter's Bridesmaids' dresses were shipped to her house via UPS. When she got home from the work, she discovered the dog had decided he wanted to check out the dresses first, and 2 of them now have holes. She called David's Bridal and they told her there was nothing they could do for her. So now she "THE BRIDE" gets to buy 2 new dresses. They were nice enough to tell her that those dresses are on sale now and also free shipping this Month. I am heartbroken for her. This is suppose to be a special time... They should have come in sturdy boxes and not some flimsy little plastic bag... Not to mention, they should have had the delivery set up for a signature. No stars for you David's Bridal.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Ladies, there are too many service oriented bridal and formal wear stores who want to make your wedding experience exceptional, instead of stressful, costly and a horrific experience. I simply ordered a gown (Mother-of-the-Groom) to wear to my son's wedding. The dress fit well and looked nice. With a wedding event, one typically does not wait until 2-3 weeks before the date to order a dress. As such, I ordered the dress 8-weeks in advance, planning to wear the dress. My email order confirmation DID NOT STATE a Return Policy of 14-28 days!!!

My lovely daughter-in-law upon arriving instate for the wedding, showed some disappointment with the color of my dress (midnight blue) due to the color of tuxes and other items. As a good mother-in-law to be, I went and found another dress that actually worked better. BUT GUESS WHAT, David's Bridal will not accept the return. I wish I would have read their return policy online, though I had no reason to plan on making a return. THEIR POLICY SHOULD BE ON EVERY ORDER CONFIRMATION as all other retail stores present - not buried in their website.

Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Nordstrom, Von Maur, Dillard's - they all take 60-day returns, plus. What I really wish I would have READ before ordering from David's, are ALL the TERRIBLE ONLINE REVIEWS and their HORRIFIC RATING of a 1-star. Maybe it's time for us to go to the State Trade Commission for fraudulent advertising and service. It seems MANY, MANY individuals have been scammed, taken advantage of and paid high costs for returns (read the 200+ reviews). Congrats to all the credible, customer stores, which David's is not. Oh, and if you want to speak with a supervisor - no way. They'll call you back in 72-hours, but never do. David's has become a scam retailer, much worse than a scam landlord. Shame on David's. Ladies, work with an organization that respects and VALUES you a customer!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased a dress from David's Bridal in Strongsville, OH. The sales team appeared very nice and helpful; however, I later found out everything they told me was a lie. They fed me inaccurate information to make a sale. I went into the David's Bridal in Regency location, Jacksonville, FL and the ladies were not only helpful, they were truthful and fixed every single problem just in time for my big day!!! The OH store told me I could alter the dress as much as I needed and sold me a size 16 dress. I am a size 10. They also had absolutely no proof of me purchasing my dress!

The store manager, sales team, and alterations met with me without an appointment to help fix all of these mistakes in FL. They were so understanding and dedicated to making my day perfect! One of the sales members was having her first day of work and said to me, "We're here to make dreams come true, no matter what we have to do." I cannot thank them enough for all the assistance! They even found the perfect pair of shoes for me after I was having trouble finding any I liked! <3

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My review sent to David's Bridal: "I am from Canada, we called and were told they would ship a dress to Canada therefore we booked our appointment. This is 1 person saying you ship to Canada. On Sunday November 4th, we had a appointment at the David's Bridal store mentioned above (I had submitted a review with the online link that was provided regarding our in store visit, we waited 30 mins for our consultant, we were forgotten about... I don't even want to get into this part since it seems so meaningless now with what happened with our dresses). We were greeted, information was finally taken (again telling the lady at the entrance booth I am from Canada and so excited, etc...).

This is the 2nd person confirming the shipping to Canada and how David's Bridal has a store in Canada, etc... After myself and my maid of honor picked the dress, our consultant informed us it's from the "special occasions collection." She instructed us to not order online and order from the store because in the case of a issue with the dress, we could deal with the store directly and not online customer service. Therefore, we followed her "Expertise" and proceeded with her instructions. She was well informed the entire time that I am from Canada, she confirmed that I was no issue to ship to Canada, etc... She had even went and consulted with a manager to see what our best option was since our other bridesmaid was at home (in Canada). They told us to grab her measurements and come back to place the dress orders and the dress would be ordered and shipped to her home.

This is not the 4th and 5th (a manager) confirming shipping to Canada. The following Saturday November 10th, we returned to the store (that is 2 hours away) and met with a different lady who met us at the cash since we had the measurements and were ready to order all the dresses. My maid of honor paid first and then I paid on behalf of the bridesmaid who was not there. She also said that it was no problem for shipping, she consulted with the worker beside her and they said it was complimentary shipping. She wrote the CANADIAN address down for shipping purpose.

This is 6th and 7th person confirming you ship to Canada. On Friday November 23rd I received a phone call from David's Bridal MN Roseville store confirming the dress has arrived to the store and it was being shipped. She wanted to confirm the address, therefore for the 2nd time we confirmed the mailing address. "It will be on its way" is what was confirmed and said.

This is the 8th person confirming it is being shipped to Canada. On November 27th, I received a call from "Ashley" saying "We don't ship to Canada!"... How... How does this make any sense. I explained to her everything, everyone we talked to, everything that happened. I have phone records of when they called me, everything was confirmed, paid for... this is why we did this. She is the one who called me on Friday to confirm my address in Canada and confirmed the dress was being shipped... now all of a sudden "it's against our policy to ship internationally". I would have NEVER wasted anyone's time let alone my own time and money to get to MN from CANADA if you didn't ship to Canada! This was the entire point of going there and picking out and buying the dresses!

The manager Ashley who informed me she was a "newer manager" wanted to consult with a expert manager therefore assured me my call would be returned shortly. I am panicking, these dresses have been paid and picked out, my colors and tuxes were all ordered around the color of these dresses... normal bride panic mode... I waited a very impatient and worrisome 30 minute for a call back with a resolution. No call back, therefore I had to take the initiative and called the store and was informed by a consultant that "Ashley went home". Horrible, she knew this situation and what was happening and for her not to find a resolution and to leave this??? Now this poor staff member has to pick up my frantic phone call and deal with this mess? She didn't know the entire situation.

Ashley just left? How does this make any sense? That was very unprofessional and bad customer service on Ashley's part. The staff member had no explanation for us as to why this happened and no better resolution. I just wanted the dress to be sent to Canada, it was simple. I don't want to be rude but why can't the dress be put in a box and shipped to Canada even if it needs to be shipped from someone's house or a different store? Why can't you ship to the David's Bridal in Toronto and they can ship to my house? Why weren't these resolutions being explored? Nothing.

It's easy to refund and turn a blind eye. It is not my fault that the information given was so wrongly. I simply needed the dress to be shipped. I was given a excuse about it's against the policy for the store to ship with UPS, etc... Dresses were picked out, waiting for the arrival. I am so unimpressed with this experience and everything it has caused. The staff member really need to be educated. We have voices and social media is a wonderful platform therefore we will keep spreading the word of this horrible experience with David's Bridal. It was a simple solution... mail the dress... we were offered a store credit, what good is that? YOU won't ship me what I purchase?!"

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

The manager was knowledgeable and the sales girl was clearly learning and they were both kind. Two things happened that will cause me to never use David's Bridal or refer friends. Richmond, VA Broad Street Store... 1) They convinced me to apply for a 6-month no interest credit line. I applied having a 792 credit score and a 100% payment record on all debts. I was denied in the store in public earshot of others. They could not explain to me why the denial and the next morning on television I would learn that David's Bridal was in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. They still contend that Commodity, the credit agency made the determination and it has nothing to do with David's Bridal.

2) I did not ask but assumed that alterations came with the purchase of the dress. I purchased a dress for over $1,300.00 and I did not know to ask about alterations. After coming in for alteration and working with the seamstress, I was given a bill for a little under $500.00. I was shocked. Never again and no referrals and I am a minister that counsels lots of couples.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I went to David's Bridal in Totowa, NJ to try on bridesmaids dresses for a June wedding. The saleswomen, Woodline, was very pleasant. She helped me pick out a few dresses to try on. Unfortunately many of them were not available in my size, 14. She took smaller ones and clipped them on to me to get an idea, but larger ones were not available either to get a better idea. A size 14 dress that was available had no clasp and broken zipper, so couldn't get a good idea of fit from that either. Without really trying anything on in my size I did not feel comfortable purchasing anything. It also made me question the quality since the one they did have was broken. Since the selection was aimed at smaller sizes, any bridesmaid that was size 14 or more could not really try anything on. It was a shock since they carry up to size 24, and very awkward.

People had been talking about DB going bankrupt so that they are probably not getting new dresses in to try on. While I understand the difference between ch. 11 and ch. 7, financial issues made sense with what I was seeing in the store selection and quality, so I believed it. I called the DB in Paramus to see what they had to try on. They had a dress I wanted in my size as well as others that I could try on too. I headed straight there. Christina who was fitting me in Paramus said that I am one of the most common sizes so there were lots of options.

I found a great dress and was so glad to order it. I spoke with the cashier, Alicia, as I was checking out and expressed how grateful I was that they had so many options to try on and explained my disappointment with the size selection in Totowa. I attributed it to the bankruptcy and she was shocked. About an hour later she called me and said she was so shocked by the experience I had in Totowa that she wanted more information to be able to contact the district manager. I gave her the information she requested and offered to speak with whomever she thought necessary about my experience.

I then received a call from the district manager who was unapologetic about the sizing issues and quality. She explained that other bridal shops carry a size 2 and you just hold it up, so at least they offer more options than that. She went on to say that different dresses are shipped to different stores so their selection is random. She specifically cited an experience where a bride called ahead to try on a dress and they sold it 2 hours before she arrived. This was to further her point that they are not responsible for the try on selection, however I felt terrible for the bride and was shocked that they wouldn't even hold a dress that was held for an appointment. Her main point for even calling me was to tell me they aren't going bankrupt and that they are just restructuring. She wanted to make sure an employee didn't say otherwise. Which they didn't, CNN did.

When you have bridesmaids standing around because they are apparently too big to be fit in a DB at a size 14, it doesn't matter whether you are going bankrupt or not. The customer experience should be a priority. My concern and experience meant nothing to even the district manager, she clearly just wanted to make sure an employee didn't mention bankruptcy. Never even pretended to be apologetic. Glad to be done with this franchise.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My mom and I went into David's Bridal to find her a wedding dress for her special day and this was off of Ray Rd in Arizona. I also got my wedding dress from there. The ladies there are super nice and very helpful. The night before my mom's wedding, we went up to look at her dress and there were pins in her dress from alterations. My mom spent over $200 dollars plus tip to get her dress perfect for her special day. I won't be going to David's Bridal to get my dress altered, and now my bridesmaids are complaining about their dresses being too big from what they told the lady helping us when I picked out my dress. I don't recommend going to David's Bridal to pick out a wedding dress. I don't regret my dress but I won't be finding pins on my dress the night before my wedding.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The first women came to help brought shoes for all girls then disappears and did not come back. Then assistant manager helped measure ladies and was very rude. Most of us figured out our sizes and went to register to order and young lady was very helpful and pleasant. Manager needs to be a little more pleasant to customers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My daughter was in a wedding with a strapless gown. When she went for alterations at the Tonawanda, NY store, Emily did her measurements for the alterations. At the time both my daughter and I mentioned to Emily that the top was really large. Emily said, "Oh no, when you get the cups on, it will be okay." So since neither one of us sews, we took her word for it. We also asked that the straps be attached as a precaution. Went to pick up the dress - it was still too big, with no straps attached.

Emily asked us where did the straps come from as if we brought them with us. The straps were on the dress all along. Anyhow she put the straps on, my daughter did not try the dress on again because Emily said the straps would fix the issue. Once again because we are not seamstresses we took her word for it. The dress fit awful, but there wasn't anything we could do because the wedding was the next day. This place sucks and I see why they are going under. I will never recommend and anyone that is going there will tell them my story. It is really a minus zero rating but they don't have.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Andrea helped me so much and helped me find my dream dress! I was being indecisive but she did not give up!!! Even with 9 family and friends with me she did wonderful! So grateful!!! THANK YOU ANDREA!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I had a bad experience at the store in Rockville, MD, 20852. A couple of weeks ago I went to the store to try on several dresses. I decided to choose two dresses. One of them didn't have the right size. The other one also was over-sized, and they didn't have the color I thought I would like in the store. The consultants told me that I could order the right sizes (they NEVER measured me) and the color that I wanted and come back for the dresses later. They made me pay for both dresses, and for the expedited delivery, which I was fine about.

About a week later they called me to say that both dresses had arrived. I came to the store within 5 days after the call. I tried on both dresses. And one of them was okay. However the second one was not what I expected in color and it didn't fit me in size. I told them that I didn't want to take that dress. The consultant didn't bother to talk to me, and just kept on saying that it's the store policy not to take the dresses back, and all they could do was to exchange the dress for a different one within the same price range.

I would understand that policy, if I had bought the dress satisfying me both in color and size, and then brought it back. However, I never had a chance to see the final product, until it actually arrived to the store. So I ended up with the dress that I didn't like and lost $160. I just don't understand, why they made me pay in advance for the dress which I actually never saw. I was very upset, but nobody wanted to help me. I do NOT recommend this store to anyone. I think it's a ridiculous policy, when they make customers pay in advance for the dresses that we don't even have a chance to see!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

First off, I’ll begin by saying that I sew a lot. I know fabric, and I know what quality work looks like. I’m in a wedding this coming summer, so we all got our dresses from David’s Bridal. Base price of these dresses was $130. We picked up our dresses today. Upon closer inspection, instead of the top of the zipper havin' a hook and eye like it is supposed to, the manufacturer decided to cut costs by only adding the hook and having the wearer hook it to one of the stitches that connects the zipper to the dress. One wrong move and your zipper would be compromised.

The bottom hem of the dress is not straight, instead it is curved which it isn’t supposed to be. Now, let’s talk about the fabric. The fabric is what they call their “sport jersey.” I have also worked with this fabric before. It’s incredibly cheap and the entire dress is made out of this stuff. This dress at most should be $30 and that is being generous. $130 is completely ridiculous and is downright theft for the quality that you are receiving in return.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

To any interested online shoppers at David's Bridal, beware! Return shipping costs and labels are not covered, I ended up having to return 2 pairs of shoes which came out to almost $30 in shipping costs. What's worse is that even though customer assistance advised me to initiate the return and provided me with all the shipping details, it took them a few months to process the return and realize that they could not accept my return and had to return it due to a vague store policy that none of the customer service reps could adequately explain to me. This makes absolutely NO SENSE in the age of Amazon.com and worst of all it is anything but customer service focused.

I called to issue a complaint about how the matter was handled and their customer service representative advised me to accept the return and just "sell it on eBay." This is likely the most absurd suggestion I have ever been given by a retail company. All in all, if you are seeking a positive experience as you plan for your already very stressful wedding, I recommend that you spare yourself the headache and avoid David's Bridal altogether.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Good afternoon ALL, I wanted to take a moment to highlight Jennifer at the Barrett Parkway (Georgia) store. On 10/21/2018, my mother-in-law & I visited the store without an appointment to find a bridal gown for her, for a 2019 event. We were told we needed an appointment, and allowed to look at the dresses to see what they had available. As we were looking, Jennifer came by and saw us, asked us what we were looking for and made accommodations to not only select a gown, but found a dressing room to try it on. Jennifer went out of our way to meet our needs, and accommodate us, especially since my mother-in-law lives in rural Mississippi and would not have access in her hometown. Thanks again Jennifer, you are a ROCK STAR and went above and beyond to help us in our time of need. Exceptional customer service at David's Bridal Barrett Parkway.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Poor quality. The bridesmaid dresses that we got the zippers failed. Either they would not go up or they broke completely and this is before the wedding started. We had to sew and pin dresses. As far as the staff the first one we saw was opinionated. Did not listen to what we said. We had to go to the dresses and get things that fit us not her. She had her own agenda on what she thinks people should wear. Everything she picked was horrible.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My experience with David's Bridal was everything I could imagine and more. I had the best woman helping me. Her name is MaryAnn. This is an Awesome chick. If you're going to get married she is perfect. I felt like Cinderella getting ready for the ball. David's Bridal in Tonawanda, NY is the best Bridal Shop ever. I have the perfect dress. This was the best most perfect experience I ever had. I just came back from there today to pick up my dress and all my accessories. Everything of mine was ready within a few weeks.

Now 2 months before my wedding I will go back for alterations. If MaryAnn is able to read this, you're one of a kind a real diamond. Ladies, if you want to look like a million or billion dollars, if you are on a budget or have plenty of money, it's all welcomed here. This is your place. The other ladies are great too, but MaryAnn is the Ultimate. Ask for her. And tell her Roberta ** said too. They are worth more than 5 stars, if I was able to, they deserve hundreds.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I honestly think David's Bridal is one the worst bridal companies either. I decided to change my mind about getting married to someone and it was within 10 days of initially 'purchasing' a dress on a credit plan. They were no help about returning the dress, told me "All sales are final, you could exchange it." Then when I told them, the girl and I are split up, and no longer speaking, they let her take the dress anyways! Like, what the **! I'm stuck paying for something I will never see, or gain anything from and it cost me 1500$.

** you David's Bridal. Maybe if you gave a ** about your customer service, you might actually be a good company. It would have been a simple fix. Don't let the ** take the dress, which is technically theft, and maybe let me get something from men's Warehouse, because you guys partner with them. There's no way that you guys couldn't have set some ** up with them. It's not complicated. Put your self in my shoes, and just throw 1500$ down the toilet. And have someone tell you, "Sorry sir there's nothing we can do." Tried to resolve this ** 6 months ago when I was stationed in Arkansas.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Went in to do some recon on what dress I'd like to potentially buy. I tried on several dresses and found one I liked, but I wasn't ready to buy because my mom and sister were out of town. They told us that this dress was final sale and once it was sold they would no longer have that dress, so we bought it and spent about $850 in fear that the dress would be gone. I'm a 2, they sent me a 4. I drown in the dress and can't imagine the fees to have it altered. I'm talking handfuls of fabric, I'm able to step out of the dress with only the help of gravity. NOT TO MENTION the dress is now featured on their website for $300. So, now I have a dress I don't want and I can't even make half the money back that I spent on it to begin with. Not exactly the "bridal" experience I was wanting.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

It's really the worst service on the world. I bought the bridesmaid's dress online on October 2017. But the size is too small, I want to change other size but didn't have. So I returned following the return policy. They sent me some emails said that the refund was on processing. Until right now, Sept 2018, I didn't receive any money back from them. I called and sent them email. They said that on their system, they've already returned money for me. I was sure that I didn't received anything from my bank account. I told them send me the proof that they send me back. And they never send me back by mail or email. I lost my money for nothing. I want to warning everyone about that.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I went to David’s Bridal in Allentown, PA to get my wedding dress. I tried size 14. It was perfect. Maybe needed to be taking in a bit. They made a special order but when I went for alterations the dress was wayyy too small and I had to pay $470 for alterations and the tailor had an attitude. I don’t trust them and I will never go back there.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

When I went to try on dresses at the Chico, CA store, I had an underwhelming experience. My hopes were high and I was expecting to have a great experience for the entirety of getting my dress. That day I tried on multiple dresses and finally found a corset back dress. The woman helping me had me trying on size 12 dresses. It fit almost perfectly but was tight in the chest area as I have a larger chest and a smaller waist. I mentioned my concerns to her and she said there would be no issue with letting it out a little and told me she would order it in a petite size since I am only 5'3 so that the dress would be shorter. So I said yes to the dress.

When my dress came in I went and tried it on. To my horror it was way too small. They had ordered me a size 10 and did not order the petite size. They told me that it was just how they do their orders and that they always order dresses a size down. I told them the dress barely fit me in the chest when I tried on the size 12 and all they did was say that they could move the panel in the back so that it would cover my back and that just the way it is. I was upset but they told me that's all they could do.

So I went in for alterations and it turns out that they didn't even order my dress in the petite size so I had to pay $150 to get it hemmed. That is ridiculous. I shouldn't have had to pay that when the petite size may have worked out fine. So I had to pay that and I had to pay $20 to have the panel in the back moved. Which may not have needed it, had they ordered the dress in the correct size.

Today I went to pick up my dress with the alterations done. It was a mess. The bustle was wrong and the whole right side of the dress was dragging on the floor. They did not move the panel as they were supposed to. They added bra cups when that was never discussed and had them in a very small size that made the dress stick out from my chest with little lumps from the cups. It was a horrible experience. They were all very unprofessional. Then I had to sit around and wait while they tried to fix the alterations. It was ridiculous. I find it appalling that I had to pay for these alterations all because they ordered the wrong dress size and told me "that's just how it is". I am extremely mad and dissatisfied with my whole experience with your store and I will make sure everyone knows about it. I will also make sure no one I know ever uses your store.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I went to David's Bridal in Massapequa and was helped by a really nice woman and bought my wedding rehearsal dress. Wrote a nice review. I also went to David's Bridal in Westbury and bought my bridal shower dress-experience was good. I went back to the store in Massapequa and bought a cathedral veil that was in a bag 50% off for $150-experience was good. I went back to the Massapequa store on 8/27/18 to get my veil steamed. Meanwhile when I bought my veil, I tried it on in the store and took pictures of it from behind-perfect condition. The veil sat in a bag in my closet until it was time to get it steamed.

I was told the veil would take 15-20 minutes to get it steamed. I ended up waiting an HOUR and was told by a blonde manager with glasses that there were rips in my veil. She asked if I was aware of this and I said no. I second guessed myself and didn't have the photos with me of the veil. She told me that I would need to get a new one and could use what I paid for it which none of the veils they had were $150-all much more. I ended up paying another $50 for a new cathedral veil (I liked my original much better). I was so angry and was trying to gather my thoughts-did I rip it, did they rip it? I just had to go see my photo of the veil.

I got home and saw that the veil was not ripped in the pictures and was so angry. I knew it was my word against theirs but the girl in the back room totally destroyed the veil while trying to steam it. Why would it take an hour to steam anyway? They most likely had a "Oh **" moment and tried to put the blame on me. I went back to the store last Wednesday, 9/12/18 and spoke to the same manager woman. She wasn't very accommodating at all and said she would call corporate and it would take 24-48 hours-still haven't heard from them. They suck. Spend more $ on your dresses/veil and don't do business with them. I should have listened to other people about not going there-trash store.

David's Bridal Company Information