David's Bridal

• 5%
  • 6%
  • 65%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Recently purchased and returned a gown. Measurements of my daughter were taken to ensure proper fit, but I was not informed that height measurements were not included, nor were length alterations discussed prior to purchase. Upon receiving the dress, it was way too long and then alterations were discussed-another-$300- NO THANKS! I was informed that all dresses are made super long and will only fit super tall women. The average woman is not super tall, so this is definitely a setup to get you to spend additional money!

Reviewed June 10, 2024

Just awful. Brought in my bridal party to David’s Bridal in North Charleston, SC with an appointment. The consultant was distracted and running off repeatedly to help people who didn’t have an appointment. We fell in love with a dress only to find out later that it didn’t come in my color or any acceptable color. It is clearance online so it’s available in limited quantities, but a month later it is still on the regular rack in the store when there are only a few colors available in a few very large sizes.

I ordered a crinoline to go under the wedding dress I bought somewhere else. I was unable to find anything I liked at David’s. I wait forever and it hasn’t come. I use their awkward and time consuming customer service e chat and they tell me it is shipping tomorrow. It should have been to me in a few days and it had been over a month. I wait another month and check my order online and now it’s been cancelled without warning or explanation. The same exact thing I ordered is listed online this entire time in the same size as available and will get to me in a few days. Everything about this company makes zero sense.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 28, 2024

I purchased my daughter’s wedding dress at the David’s bridal on Lenexa, KS on Feb 7, 2024. She just received it in mail Tuesday of this past week. We got the wrong color dress. It is cocoa on top and ivory. We had no idea the dress came in different colors considering the dress she tried on was ivory and nude and that’s what she fell in love with and what we thought we ordered. Not only that the consultant didn’t listen to budget she asked me to stay in which was $1,000 she brought a $1,699 dress which is one my daughter fell in love with.

We called the store minute we got the wrong dress and got run around and told consultant that messed up no longer works there because this the 4th dress she messed up. So they decide to do an exchange when they get to that process after making me drive 2 hrs to the store they find out they can’t order the dress. It’s out of stock. So we are forced to get a floor model pay full price for a floor model when I ordered a brand new dress and it was because of the consultant's screw up I’m in this mess. They had ordered her a size 18 ended up with a 16 which still needs altered then I’m told I get a 21% discount due to the issue so she gives me $204 on a gift card and I’m forced to now pay for alterations spend almost two hours waiting for this and tell me another $500 for alterations. Excuse me.

At this point I’m overwhelmed crying. I already spent so much and I’m in this predicament because of the consultant so why would I pay for anything. If anything David’s bridal should be responsible and I should be getting a refund for having a now used dress vs the new one we paid for. I want something done. I want money back. This is ridiculous. My daughter's experience and the thrill of her wedding is ruined.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 26, 2024

I had my bridal appointment today. I was very disappointed and discouraged. Many of the dresses I liked I was told were not available to try on. The dresses I did try on were all the wrong size and the girl who was supposed to be helping me was well not much help. I was told some alterations could be made to the dresses but was never told how or what exactly could be done to help the fits and create what I want. I felt very unheard, very pushed aside and rushed at the same time. I ended up leaving upset and going to a local shop with much higher prices and being treated how I would have expected from your shop. I will not refer anyone to David's Bridal! Horrible customer service!

Verified purchase
      Customer Service

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I ordered a Chiffon and lace empire waist gown on 17 April 2024, paid $124.57 for it. I received the email confirmation and I was supposed to receive the order on 24 April 2024. When I did not receive the order by 27 April, 2024, I called the 1-844-400-3222 number and got prompted to press 4 for online order status - the phone would ring several times and then click off. I tried this several times without any luck. I did not choose the text message option. I tried calling for order status again on 1 May 2024, dialing the same phone number and chose to get redirected to the text message option, where we text to 38201. I got a response immediately. The prompt wanted my full name, email address and order number. The text reply I got was "Your order will be shipped 24 April 2024".

Well it's now 1 May 2024 and I still don't have it. I replied "I have not received the order". The text message replied "I'm sorry, I don't understand. Is there anything else I can help you with today?" Then it gave me options for what help I might need. Frustrating! I tried the 1-844 number again and selected option 4 to request order status, finally someone answered the phone. When I gave her my order number, she said, "Sure, let me check." It took her five minutes to get back to me to tell me, the dress is no longer available and if I wanted something else. I said no, I needed the dress for the wedding this weekend and I want my refund back. She said, "You will receive an email shortly that your order was cancelled." I hope they return my refund. I would not recommend buying from David's Bridal online. Their operation is sketchy.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed April 28, 2024

This company is the worst! Their customer service is ridiculous! I tried to call several times 'cause I would like to speak to an actual person and it keeps telling me I have to send a Text message and then when I do that I wait hours or days before I hear back and Have no idea if it is a real person I am talking to. I tried the online chat and same thing. A real person told me I had to send a text to get my issue resolved! I do not want to text, I want a real person.

They charged me $15 dollars for shipping and then charged me another to return! What the heck crap is that! I had to do all the work to return it and they are telling me they gave me a service! I was unable to wear the dress because my son was in the hospital and the dress was never even touched, brand new, still in the bag and they want to keep my money. This company sucks and their customer service sucks! I would not recommend it to anyone 'cause in case of an emergency good luck with the customer service. They do not care about their customers, money hungry is all they are.

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I purchased a veil from David’s Bridal before I received my dress. When my dress came 2 weeks later, I realized my veil would not match my dress. The veil is still new in the box with tags. David’s Bridal told me I have only 7 days to return this veil. They would not work with me at all. So now I have a brand new veil I cannot wear.

Reviewed April 26, 2024

I went to David’s Bridal in Monroeville, PA to purchase a mother of the groom dress. No one was friendly except the woman who checked me into a fitting room but I liked the dress and bought. Unfortunately I accidentally forgot the dress a week later for my son’s out of town wedding. Fortunately the Davids Bridal in Springhill, VA was very helpful and found the exact dress and size of the one I forgot and held it until I could come in for it.

When I got back to PA I called the Monroeville store and explained that I had to buy the same exact dress. Could I return it since it had only been ten days and had all the tags and I could bring the other dress and receipt to prove I was being legit. Flat out no from the manager. So I tried to call the corporate number which takes zero phone calls and instructs you to text for help. The first woman promised to look into it and help me, then said she leveled it to management who would get to me in 72 hours. Then someone responded but had the wrong Laura but he was “tracking for me”. Then no more responses after that. One of the worst customer service experiences ever!!! Stay away!

Staff

Reviewed April 15, 2024

Having to provide 1 star is more than this experience was worth. We went to David's Bridal shop at Trainyards in Ottawa on Saturday. It was such a disappointing experience. Shopping for a wedding should be a fairy tale experience which it was not. First off the space allowed for each bride is so limited you cannot get the effect of the gown.

2 you would expect the future bride to get some attention and help by the salesperson especially since we had to book an appointment to try on gowns. The salesperson did not see 1 dress on my daughter nor was she very helpful. We kept asking her to bring different gowns and pretty much had to seek them out ourselves as she could not suggest anything that she would like. WE would ask for an accessory or specific gown and she would return without any items. We had to ask again. We spent most of the time asking each other where she was. She did not help with the gown to try to adjust it to her size or offer any suggestions. It was a very poor experience. We went back to the Moscatel Bridal Boutique in Sarsfield where she was treated so much better and purchased a beautiful gown.

Reviewed March 7, 2024

I am housebound due to stage 4 cancer and forced to order a Mother of the Bride gown online, which is stressful enough without the disgraceful customer service David's Bridal doles out. I finally found what appeared to be a gorgeous gown, ordered it and paid for it online. One week later, I get an email saying, "Your Order Was Cancelled. Due to overwhelming online response to our sale, our computer system was overloaded and therefore, your order was cancelled." I really felt like crying at that news. I responded to the sender, stating my circumstances, and that I felt the order should be honored. She wrote back saying she was sorry to add to my stress, that someone by the name of Jane would reach out to me shortly to help me find the perfect gown. 2 weeks later, no word from anybody! And no response to my email either.

David's Bridal obviously has horrible customer service and they only care about $$$$, not people. I wrote this person back telling her I'd ordered a gorgeous gown from Dillard's who has wonderful customer service and caring staff. I'd wear something from my closet or Goodwill before EVER spending a dime again at David's Bridal.

David's Bridal Company Information