1.38/5
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

New York, NY

Last updated: May 10, 2018

195 David's Bridal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 10, 2018

Ok I rush into the Macon Ga. David's Bridal on Wed evening May 9, 2018 practically in a panic because my wedding is May 12, 2018 at 6:45 pm on the beach in Clearwater FL. So I tell the lady at the front desk "Kelly" my dilemma of needing a dress. She assured me it was all good. No worries. We would find me a dress. Right!!! So I sigh with relief... Well nothing to get excited about or relieved yet because guess what? It's Thursday May 10, 2018 and I still do not have a wedding dress!!! Ok I'm in Macon store trying on dresses right, well she brings me a strapless bra to wear under dress it was too small so she comes back with a much larger one that swallows me whole an says this will have to do because I don't have many selections in your size. She just had a pissy I don't care attitude about getting me in a dress or selling me anything!!!

Now mind you this is suppose to be a fun exciting procedure as part of the wedding day planning right ladies??? Well... Not so much in my case and not so much with David's Bridal... She acted as though I was a bum off the street wasting her time. She pulled me a few gowns helped me get into them but they were either too small or too big so she suggests that I go to another store as though she didn't want to bother with me! I liked a dress very much but she did nothing in the way of pleasing or accommodating me and my needs at all. She did manage after about an hour and a half to pawn me off on another store in Jacksonville East FL. (Also David's Bridal) Out of my way and out of the beaten path so I explained to her that it was way outta my way to please find another store, so she reluctantly tried calling a few other David's Bridal finally after I asked her to repeatedly...

Actually I had to ask for service about everything, she kept disappearing and leaving me alone. I felt really small and unimportant by this time but I remained a Christian and even tried to cheer her up but she simply made it perfectly clear that she had no interest in helping me find a dress or satisfying me as a paying in cash person!!! It was after she started helping with another customer that I realized I wasn't gonna leave this store a happy camper!!! So she finally pawned me off on another lady that worked there!!! I told her I wanted to buy something from her so she could get commission out of my wasting her time and she replied, "I'm the manager. I don't get commission so it really doesn't matter one way or another..." So this other lady treated me with same exciting enthusiasm as the first... But she did hook me up with the Jacksonville East David Bridal in FL.

So I did have to ask her if I could buy my veil and some Costume jewelry for my dress From her so she walked to the rack picked up the first thing and sold them to me... After I asked repeated for several different garments that I never got!!! I just left a very sad and disappointed bride!!! So I got up this morning Thursday May 10, 2018 and called the Jacksonville FL store to pay for the dress I picked that only they had my actual size in! And that I was leaving GA. to come pick it up. However at 5:30 pm after a long day of misery and car trouble I call the Jacksonville FL David's Bridal to inform them that I could not make it to their store on time to get my dress and that I had no other way or day to pick it up except today!!! Then I asked the woman named Terrie that I was talking to over the phone if I paid someone 200.00$ cash to sit in their parking lot with my dress would they do that for me... Well of course not.

Her response was, "This a very bad neighborhood." So I say, "Oh ok then. Just hang my dress that I have already bought and paid for on the outside door of store. I will take full responsibility for my dress. Just put it where I can come get it because I can't get there on time tonight nor can I come Tomorrow and my wedding is Sat May 12, 2018!" Well guess what??? She refused to do that because I had to sign for that dress even though I had already paid for it over the phone!!!

Terrie the manager I'm guessing said it's their policy that they are responsible for the dress until I sign for IT!!! So ladies there's a lot more details but I'm tired and off at 6:15 pm again to shop for a wedding dress so if you want memorable pleasant exciting experience when you shop for a wedding dress DO NOT GO TO DAVID's Bridal in any state. I would give them half a star if I knew how to do that... Oh and check this out. Kelly had the audacity to ask me to go online and give her 5 star reviews!!! Well here you are hun. I hope I have accommodated you in the same manner and respect that all of you ladies gave me!!!! Have a nice life.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I won't even give David's Bridal 1 star. My daughter purchased her wedding gown for $599 before taxes; paid $160 for alterations and at the final fitting had to pay another $394! Outrageous that the alterations which are minimal are almost the cost of the dress. I'd advise everyone to go elsewhere for alterations.

Get expert buying tips about Wedding Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Finding the perfect dress for your son's wedding is difficult. So you go to presumed quality store online, you order the dress. It does not fit scratchy lace. You cannot return it to a store, the people were very rude, so you return it to the online store. Surprise need to pay to ship it back about 11 dollars and you already paid to have it shipped to you plus they do not give a full refund they deduct another shipping charge. Costing about 42 dollars in all to return it. Should have kept it and just sold it.

There are many other stores online to shop that are consumer friendly particularly to people shopping for an important occasion. Nordstrom's is one, a great experience quality products, very friendly, and helpful online assistance often free shipping and free returns. Great sale prices too! There is also Dillard's great shopping experience. Or try a local bridal shop. I will never direct anyone to David's Bridal or shop there again to many other places to go that appreciate your business a wedding planner.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I would give negative stars if I could, because my experience was and still is, THAT BAD. First off, they didn’t order my wedding dress, (that takes 6+ months to get in by the way, since it’s special order) for 3 weeks AFTER I had paid for it, delaying it that much longer. The only reason I found out is because they told me they couldn’t email me a receipt (I paid for it over the phone a day or so later) and that I had to come into the store. I figured since I was going to be there in 3 weeks anyway for my bridesmaid’s dresses, I would just pick up my receipt then, no harm. WRONG. They didn’t show that it had been paid for and tried to get me to pay for my dress again! After arguing with the associate for over 10 minutes that I had paid my dress off a few weeks ago, I finally had to show her my bank statement to show her that I in fact had paid for my dress!

So now my dress that was supposed to get in here in July, for a wedding beginning of September, will not be here until August. Which does not give us any time to get any of the alterations or my pictures done. After I tried to see if they could get it in earlier, they told me that it was up to the designer and that there was nothing they could do. They didn’t even offer to expedite the shipping from the warehouse to get it to me sooner, just told me that it still might be in earlier and we have to wait. When I expressed that it is arriving in August didn’t give me any time to get alterations done, they told me I could have them rush my order, but it would be a rush fee. They wanted to charge me the extra fee, FOR THEIR MISTAKE. After all of that hassle- They ordered one bridesmaid's wrong dress! Keep in mind, she ordered in store, the day we looked at them! She confirmed it with the associates 3 times, on the dress, color and size she needed.

When she went to pick it up, it was a completely wrong size and style. When she told them that it was not the correct dress she ordered they did correct their mistake and ordered the correct one. BUT not without trying to charge her an additional price, Again FOR THEIR MISTAKE. She got lucky, and the associate was very nice to her and “waived” the additional charge and offered to ship it to her house for free. Hopefully this one is correct this time. This is also the only one of my bridesmaids to have their dress arrive, so I am not sure the state of the other 5 bridesmaids waiting. I will NEVER shop with them again. Not only do they not own up to their mistakes, they don’t care to fix them either to make up for it. Once they have your money, their customer service sucks.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I am very disappointed not only in the shoes I ordered, but more so with David's Bridal customer service. Their shoes do not reflect the proper sizing or color. They ran about a size and a half small. I am a true 11, but received an equivalent of a 9.5. I have been back and forth with several different yet unhelpful representatives about an exchange or credit for about 3 months. It seems as though they just pass the concerns around with no regard for previous thread. They send a generic message and don't specifically address your concerns.

With David's Bridal, you have to pay to ship back unless the product is damaged. Furthermore when you buy online, you cannot return to a store. An item that is misrepresented (in color and size) should be considered for a refund or exchange. I was open to return myself as well as just taking a credit to buy different shoes, but they didn't even respond to my last message. I will not be buying from David's Bridal again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: March 11, 2018

Don't bother to buy online with David's Bridal. The dress was unsatisfactory (cheap and ugly) and the cost of shipping would have paid for half the dress! I spent nearly $50 on shipping on a $100 dress. And the refund has not yet been credited to my account after several weeks. Terrible customer service.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I bought my wedding dress from here, at the Ft Wayne, IN store, in August for my April 2018 wedding. My experience when buying my dress was okay, customer service was not terrible, but I was on a tight budget and felt pressured to buy everything from their store. Also, the "quote" the saleswoman gave us for alterations ended up being like a third of what they actually cost. For example she said "oh it will be $10 to add straps to your dress", in reality the material alone was $48. At my first alterations appointment I worked with Lauren (who was great). When I went back in 4 weeks to pick up the dress I was horribly disappointed - Lauren who pinned my dress, and who we thought did the alterations, was not there. I had spent $354 for alterations and nothing that was done to the dress was done correctly. The lady I worked with at my second fitting appointment, who turned out to be the alterations manager Janet, was horribly rude and not helpful.

My mom was down on the ground attempting to fix parts of my dress that we were not happy with, while Janet just watched. My mom does not sew, therefore she had no idea what she was doing, but Janet did nothing to offer us assistance. Her suggestions were to use double sided tape or use safety pins to bustle my dress! My mom and I went home that night in tears and we had no trust in anyone at David's Bridal. I did not feel comfortable with my dress being there any longer, so we ended up picking up my dress the next day. The store manager was then also rude as we asked for a refund due to my dress and alterations not being what I paid for. The manager stated that everything on my receipt had been done to the dress, therefore a refund was not elicited. My mom also questioned why we had to pay upfront and her response was "that's just how our ticket system runs."

I do not feel we should have to pay for a service up front that has not been completed! And come to find out - the seamstress who pins the dress is NOT who sews the dress and then they are NOT who is at your next fitting. There is NO consistency in the alterations department. They say "we all pin the same and we all sew the same", but that obviously cannot be true. In the end, I ended up taking it to a sweet alterations lady in Rome City (and will pay to have my dress altered again). Once I took it there I found out that David's Bridal had actually NOT done everything that was on my receipt - they had taken the dress in in wrong places and had not even TOUCHED the outer layer of lace material.

She even questioned how I got into the dress because they had taken it in SO much in the wrong places - places that had already been tight in the beginning! What was on my receipt and what had been done to the dress were NOT the same. My mom and I have contacted the corporate office and they too will not give us the time of day regarding a refund. $354 to this corporation is equivalent to a penny for them, but it is a lot of money for me while I still have other wedding bills to pay! They are rude and their customer service is awful. We will NEVER refer another friend to David's Bridal in the future. Your wedding dress is the highlight of your big day and David's Bridal has turned mine into a nightmare.

Original review: March 6, 2018

My daughter found the dress of her dreams. Of course the dress had to be altered. When we came to pick up the dress the first time they hadn't done anything to it, the second time it still had not been done and the 3rd time the dress was too small. They said they could fix it by making ties in the back which obviously changes the look of the dress and then told us since it had to be a rushed thing they were charging us extra. We argued at the fact that it was supposed to have been done twice before this and now that it's close to the wedding day and they cut the back wide open and made it to small it was our problem? They said it wasn't their fault that its the alteration people's fault. They would not give us any money back or discount on the dress they would only give us instore credit.

Don't get me started on Men's warehouse that they do their tuxedo's through. They were missing tuxes when we went to pick those up, then charged people for tuxes that we already had paid for up front. They both have terrible customer service and the fact that they would not take any fault or give us any credit after ruining my daughter's dress, I will never do business with them again!!!

Original review: March 5, 2018

My experience with David's Bridal was horrible. When first locating a dress for myself, my biggest concern was the alteration. I did not want a dress that was going to cost me more than 200$ for alterations. The dress I picked was amazing and perfect. I was informed it would be starting at 60$ and goes up to 200$, how perfect right!? WRONG!!! They LIED. My alterations ended up being 450$ because it was a contour dress, the baseline is 245$ for this type of dress, NOT what I was informed on. When I tried to explain what happened they told me to go somewhere else if I didn't like it.

Then my bridesmaids come in for an APPOINTMENT, they were not helped at all, was told to look for their own dresses without any help, was pushed into a corner and left to handle the dresses by themselves. I had to constantly be asking for someone to come and pen the dresses or do it myself!!! Why should a Bride be handling her girls' bridesmaid dresses, I absolutely should not have to do this. THEN, we get the dresses in and 3 (the ones who got matching dresses) broke out into hives, when asking the store manager how this is happening, they BLAMED, my bridesmaid and kicked us out of the store with NO resolution (asked us to leave). After having that horrible ordeal we figured calling corporate would help. WRONG AGAIN. They spent three weeks giving us the run around on the dresses and STILL will not take credit and BLAMES my bridesmaids for having a reaction to THEIR DRESS!

When trying to come to a resolution about this whole scene the BEST they could do was 20%, which basically only takes the taxes off the vail and I still end up paying full price. As a bride and having to deal with the emotional turmoil of this store and CORPORATE MANAGEMENT (her name is Princess) if 20% is the best they can do then they are the WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. I am now going to sue them for emotional damage and for being unprofessional during this whole process. Lying to us every step of the way. This Princess even refused to let me see call records between us and to speak to her supervisor. NEVER SHOP OR DO BUSINESS WITH DAVID'S BRIDAL. EVER. You will regret it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I was very unhappy with the fact that we purchased a $1500.00 dress and were not told that the alterations would be over $500.00, 1/3 of the dress cost. This is ridiculous! The first dress had to be returned as it was so small that it could not be zipped. My daughter normally wears an 8 yet David's ordered her a 4 even after we repeatedly told them that she has never worn a 4. The dress was to arrive in early March, when it arrived in December, we were told that we had 10 days to pick it up as they could not store dresses. My daughter lives two hours away so I picked it up to find that it was too small, returned it and waiting for the 2nd dress to come in. They have nice dresses but we aware of the hidden alterations costs. They should up their dress prices and alter for free or make sure that you understand the high price of alterations.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

My experience with David's Bridal in Monrovia, CA went wrong since the minute I walked in. I made an online appointment. When I walked in they didn't not have me in their system. I show the person checking me in the confirmation I had received. Once checked in she told me I was free to browse around. I waited and waited for the person that was going to help me. Finally rep that came to help named Angelica approached me with a completely different name, apologized. She asked me what pants size I wear and if I like anything in the store. This rep did not try to show me any dresses. Did not give me any suggestion. Showed my Mom where the section of the Mother of the Bride was. Did not ask my Mom was she was looking what color nothing!

I showed Angelica the dress I wanted that had seen online and told me that dress comes in only in one color. When I showed her the different colors online. Then she responded with a "Oh" then she went ahead and told me, “You still won't get it on time anyways.” This was the worse customer service I have experienced. I expected more from David's Bridal. When I informed Angelica my Mom and I were going to look elsewhere she just said, “Ok sorry.” Did not try to convince us to stay. Nothing. We were with the rep less than 10 minutes. I've been to David's Bridal in Brea, Ca and the service was so much better. I thought about maybe it was just the rep that suppose to show us the dresses but from the beginning the experience was no good.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I ordered 2 dresses and neither one fit right. I called to return and the girl said I was not in the system and could not help me. (She took my e-mail, phone number, and first and last name and told me I was not in the system) I luckily saved my shipping e-mail with my order number and called them back. The girl told me she will e-mail me a return number but would not give me a return shipping label. She said that the item was not defective. Poor service, do not order online from David’s Bridal, it will cost you to return!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

We had a bridal party of 6 including the bride to be. Our sales associate name is Shelly store located at Flatbush Junction. Brooklyn N.Y. We were greeted with a smile and accommodated although 2 of the bridesmaids was late, Shelly was not deterred whatsoever. She went about fitting us and the bride with the efficiency that she portrays. She was professional, respectful, very confident in what she does, always genuinely smiling. Made suggestions that was helpful and welcoming. Shelly made my daughter who is the bride felt at ease. We weren't rushed in any way. Also my 4 yr. old granddaughter was also being fitted. We were very happy with the dresses that was chosen, a special thanks to Shelly-Ann **... Highly recommended!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Ordered my dress on the 9th in the store. Shipping was free, but I paid $20 to make sure my dress would arrive in time for my wedding. I hadn't been notified, so I call the store today (the 19th) to see why I hadn't been called. The dress had just been mailed!!! I live in TN, and I'm leaving Friday for my wedding in Florida. Now they are saying it will be here Wednesday. It is in Texas right now! But I know it will probably need to be altered! I am beyond furious!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I am a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding. We made an appointment at the Middletown NY location. Veronica who was suppose to be there to assist us couldn't even smile when saying hello. When we asked where the bathrooms were, she let us know they were both out of order and we could try Big Lots nearby. I understand that's not her fault but still an inconvenience. She also had a lot to say under her breath. She pointed out a dress to the bride and she didn't like the color or style and she says "ugh my goodness" and then leaves us to find dresses on our own.

We only had one hour for 5 girls to try on dresses with one dressing room, Veronica didn't mention to us we could use the dressing room next to ours until the last 5 minutes. Every time we had a question, we had to go searching for her. When we finally saw a dress that a customer had on and asked Veronica if we could try it on...she looked at her watch and said, "You only have 10 minutes left". She never sized us. Never even tried to help us. I was disgusted at her lack of customer service. Don't waste your time here.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Do not I repeat do not order from this place. They are a scam!!! I ordered a bridesmaid dress from them and it was terrible cheap material. Looked like a curtain. I called to return the dress. The man on the phone instructed print out label return within 10 days. I told the man the card I use to order the dress with I no longer have that account because someone has compromised my account and the bank has my account still messed up. He instructed that they would send my refund in a check within two weeks of receiving the merchandise.

A week after I sent my dress back I get a confirmation email stating the card I used was refunded for the amount??? When I called my bank they refused to refund my money and when I called David's Bridal back they refused to help. Told me, "Sorry the other representative told you the wrong info. There's nothing we can do"??? Run the other way. This place is terrible insensitive and doesn't even care. They will ** your order up and could care less about a wedding. Truly sad.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Sold my fiance a dress for 600$... She tried it on and everything was ok. Dress arrived 3 weeks later in a different color, when we wanted to exchange it they said it wasn't available in white, and did nothing else. Asked for a refund and they wouldn't give us a refund, treated us like garbage and had to fight them for the only solution they gave us! DO NOT shop there...

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I booked an appointment with David's Bridal in Hamilton Ontario, immediately had to change to date to the following Sunday for my Maid of Honor to attend. Midweek I received a call confirming my appointment and asking me the types of dresses I would like to try on. Saturday before my appointment I called to see if I could adjust the time on the Sunday to later in the afternoon as there was a family emergency, only to be told "THERE WAS NO APPOINTMENT" for me, and the only appointment they had that Sunday was for alterations. There was no apologies, just matter of fact, oh well, no appointment but let me see what I can do. I immediately declined booking with them and informed them if they were the uncaring about not having my appointment, which was confirmed, how would they help if something went wrong with my dress.

I said I would shop elsewhere, "no problem" and they hung up... BEST part - they called me on Sunday at noon, to CONFIRM, yes I am going to say this to CONFIRM my appointment for Thursday - I was completely shocked. I had never even booked an appointment for Thursday. My words were, I am not sure who you have working there, or how incompetent they are, but I had not booked an appointment for Thursday and just yesterday I had informed them that I would be looking elsewhere for my dress. Her response, "Oh well. I am sorry", but for such a large company I would have expected staff members to be so much more professional. All I can say is NEW BRIDES BEWARE, if they are that unprofessional over a booking error on their part, how will they be when there is an issue with a dress you order from them... I DO NOT RECOMMEND, the establishment, unless they do a complete 360 on their staff.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My experience was not that great with David’s Bridal. I scheduled an appointment at the Scottsdale location. I was helped immediately and was told I could look around. Originally, I wanted a dress that wasn't that expensive. I was shown dresses around 1,000 and I settled on a size 14 dress that had to be ordered. They consulted the seamstress before I decided on the dress. She assured me that my dress would be altered to make the dress fit me. I waited 3 months for the dress and find out it wasn't ordered altered at all. I called them and they told me to bring it in. I tried it on and they said I needed to pay $300 to have it altered! This was on top of the $1200 I was already paying.

I refused to pay more than I thought it would be. The only thing they agreed to do was exchange the dress for one that was equal or lesser value. The consultant went to the back to pick out a few dresses. I kept on trying them on, but they didn't have very many dresses in a size 16. Most of them were too small or too large. I settled on another dress that they said would take another month to order in my size. Now I'm waiting 4 months for a wedding dress I should be had sooner. I am not happy with my experience. I had my dress put on a credit card and no one told me alterations would be additional if the dress doesn’t fit.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Got my pantsuit for my niece's wedding and the top was right size. Bottom was not. Bottom was not only wrong size it was Tall size too. Have to wait for a UPS label and then ship it, then wait for them to get around to processing it before I can have a refund!!! I feel like they should have immediately refunded my money because I did not get what I paid for, and it's their quality control's fault, if they even have a quality control checking the orders. The hanger had hair stuck in it too, not only that what are they going to do with it, the store that sells it to them has none of them left, and could not find any of the right size to send me. I have to wait now for whenever they refund me to scramble around to find something right!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

David's Bridal in Eau Claire, WI - I went online to schedule my appointment and picked out my 'favorites' to be pulled for my appointment. I drove 4 hours with my mother, mother in law, and father in law just to find out that particular store only carried one of my 'favorites' and none even close to my size (size 14). No one at the store apologized for this and it was very unprofessional. They should either let someone know online which stores have which dresses or send all dresses to all stores. I went elsewhere for my dress and will be telling others to do the same.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I went to the David's Bridal location across from Arrowhead Mall in Phoenix. I spent 2.5 hours there trying to find a dress for formal night on our upcoming cruise. When I first got there the lady told me I needed an appointment to try on dresses. I informed the lady I had an appointment. She acted upset that I had an appointment and even rolled her eyes. I chalked it up to her having a bad day. Then she told me to go look at dresses. I informed her I made an appointment so I could have someone help me. She ignored me and walked away. I should have known better to stay after that but I did. I finally got some assistance from 2 other ladies. They were very friendly and actually listened to what I said. I informed them I was only buying this dress to wear one time on the cruise ship for formal night.

After 2.5 hours I finally decided on a dress. Now mind you, I wasn't receiving help from these 2 for the full 2.5 hours. That time was also spent being sent to their alterations person who was rude and said I needed an appointment for her to talk to me. Strike 2. I selected a dress that wouldn't need alterations due to this woman's behavior towards me. The dress was paid for, I paid for a dress bag, and I was off. The dress sat in my closet until I packed it for the cruise. So fast forward and we are now on the cruise. I've just spent over an hour in the salon getting my hair down, $80. Go up to my deck to start getting ready.

Pull the dress out. Put the dress on and started fluffing it out when something hard touched my leg. I pick the bottom of the dress up and was immediately upset. David's Bridal employees left the ink theft device on the damn dress! I was so mad! There was no way to get this off! I had nothing else to wear! This dress was only bought for this formal night! I wasn't able to have dinner with my entire family due to not having anything to wear! I was humiliated and embarrassed because I had to tell my family, we were a party of 14, that I couldn't go to dinner and the reason why. Absolutely ridiculous! So now I was out the almost $300 I spent on the dress, the shoes and purse I bought to match the dress and the cost of having my hair done! Not to mention the pain and suffering I had due to their mistake!

I finally get back home after being on vacation for 3 weeks and it was a Sunday. I went to the store with the dress and asked for a manager. The first words out of Anna's mouth after seeing the dress bag was "we don't make refunds". I said "you most definitely will be in this case". She looked at me and could care less what I was saying and told me she can't authorize a refund as it's against their policy so I need to wait until either Tuesday or Wednesday before the district manager will call me. I left the store before losing my mind.

I will be waiting until Wednesday the latest, for a call from this district manager before I file a lawsuit. This is a large company who needs to make this situation right and just refund my money. Even the tags were still on the dress. I took them off before putting the dress on but thankfully I kept my receipt. I'm also trying to report this to the corporate office but every time I click on the link, it takes me to an actual David's Bridal page. Do not buy from them! It's not my responsibility to check the clothing to ensure the anti theft devices are removed. It's their job.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

This is the worst place I have ever had to deal with. I was so excited when I found a dress I really loved. I went to pick it up, I was thrilled. I was going to leave it in the bag and wait until my wedding to put it on as I didn't need alterations. But then I thought maybe I should make sure it fits as nice. Opened the bag up and found someone with dark face makeup, red lipstick, and black mascara had tried my dress on and had even ripped it on the inside. I called David's Bridal that evening really upset. They said, "Bring it in." I let them know someone face was on my dress. They said they would clean it. Why on earth would I spend that much money for a used dress? I figured I would give them a chance to get it right. Go back a month later. Got stuck in traffic two minutes until close. Pick up my dress. Guess what is still on the dress. Makeup.

Called the manager wanting my money back as I was tired of traveling 5 hours and by this time I was up to five trips (that's 25 hours) in a car in traffic. She said, "No I will talk to my regional manager." I guess everyone is on the same page of ripping people off. The tags are still on. I feel a refund is warranted at this point but they will not give me my money back. They can replace the dress or go in many other times to get a dress. It should have been right the first time. No one takes the time to look at the dress? I do not love the dress after running all over dealing with people who do not do their job. Oh and I was told they would call me by 5 pm sharp. 5:20 pm they called and then said they would call the next day by 5 pm and I got no call. For someone like me being punctual is important. I was going to get 4 of my bridesmaids' dresses there and after this that's a big no! Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

We went to David’s Bridal in Charleston, WV & Lindsey was the BEST consultant! She made me feel so amazing & my bridal party felt right at home with her. She was so engaging & explained everything in detail. She helped me find my dream dress & was just amazing the entire time!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Had a horrible experience. Sold each bridesmaid dresses that were either too large or too small stating that the color and style they wanted was not available in their size and they would require alterations. Took wedding dress in to be altered. When it was picked up the alterations were not done correctly and when told they needed to be resolved; was told that there would be additional charges. Pure scam. Cannot believe this story chain is still in business.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My bridesmaid dresses arrived with multiple dye stains on it. I was told there was nothing they could do about it. For the amount I paid for that dress, it's ridiculous that it would first of all, show up with stains, but also that they couldn't do anything about it. Their horrible customer service and cheapness ensures I will never go back.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

David's Bridal totally screwed up an order of six bridesmaids dresses for my daughter's wedding. They came in AZ Vera Wang dresses from China and lacked any lining. David's Bridal could not fix it all in time so three of the Bridesmaids ended up with relined dresses and three had to wear entirely different dresses. I have been promised since the end of March a refund on all of the dresses for the grief time and hassle that we all went through. They sent me half of what they owed me and I still don't have the other half back. This company is incompetent and the corporate offices won't part with any of their precious dollars except with great force and even then they will lie and cheat you.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I picked up my wedding dress after my second alteration to notice that my dress was not the color I had ordered it. The color ordered was soft white when I had told the sales rep my wedding was going to be white. My dress is almost ivory. They said they could not do anything because it was already altered by the way which I spent almost $600 to altered. One of the alterations lady even laughed at me when I was crying my eyes out because I had barely noticed and said all this time it’s been ivory.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

If you are thinking about using David's Bridal DON'T! Go anywhere but there. My daughter bought a gown from them for $600.00. They charged her $900.00 to destroy it but because they fixed it before the wedding they decided it was ok to do that to her. Try to have Brandon at customer service return your calls, he won't. Nor will he call you back. This was the worst company I ever dealt with for customer service. So if you are still thinking about going there please save your special day and go elsewhere! I tried to give no stars but it won't let me skip that field.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I was told I could exchange a corset with a bone corset. They ordered me a new one before because of cup size. First I was told they could not do exchange. Then after arguing with them. Oh now they can. I wanted them to order me a new. Said the one she brought was new. I asked why does it have stains it in. She said she would clean. I guess after looking at it She didn't have time. Then she brought me another one "brand new". I did not look at it and I should have. After returning home later that evening I noticed a couple of hooks jacked up and thread popped from someone obviously trying it on. My trust in David's Bridal is down the drain!

David's Bridal Company Information