2. Shopping

New York, NY

3.9/5 (329 ratings)

About David's Bridal

David's Bridal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about David's Bridal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: April 11, 2021

I am extremely unhappy. Purchase a dress for my niece for her communion... Mind you we are still in a pandemic so we can’t try anything on in store so purchase online. It was too big and as well as the shoes. I go to exchange the dress for a smaller size. They tell me I have to send everything back get a refund and come back and then purchase everything all over again... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? After all this money I spent with this company I will never shop with you guys again... I couldn’t exchange a different size in store and had to pay more money for another item. I am beyond pissed I will be calling corporate with my issues... Again I will never purchase from this company ever again. You guys are terrible...

Original review: March 19, 2021

I was pressured by the sales associates to purchase a dress that I wasn't comfortable in. I gave in and bought the dress. I went to return the unworn and still in original packaging from the day I bought it 10 days later and was rejected. The once friendly associates were no longer nice or helpful, they have my money so I no longer matter to them. I feel that their return policy is completely unreasonable: full refund within 7 days from purchase, otherwise instore credit only. Buyer beware.

My bad for not knowing their return policy and allowing them to pressure me into buying something that I didn't really like. I reached out to their corporate office, but that was a waste of time. They have no flexibility at all, just kept stating their policy is 7 days. So, I am either out a lot of money with a dress I will never wear or need, or will have a credit in a store that I never want to step foot in again. I hope this does not happen to anyone else, learn from my mistake.

Sincerely, not dressed for success!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Avoid this store. The quality of their dresses is poor, and my daughter was instructed to go ahead and order the next size, so they could alter it. The alterations cost more than the dress! Over $600!!! The actual alterations were all little tucks and other changes that exist in any garment that is one size too large! Unbelievable scam.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

We found a dress for the military ball but it was too big. My daughter was going to pick a diff dress but the sales rep told us not to worry because the altering was included. When we returned for altering they charged us $75 and said the sales rep was new. They refused to stand behind what we were told.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I am writing about my experience with an online purchase. I ordered several pairs of bridal shoes to try on. Due to Covid, I did not want to go into store after store looking for shoes. My order arrived except for one pair of shoes. I contacted customer service, and had the worst experience. I was told they had to contact the vendor, and after days of not hearing from customer service, I had to reach out again. Customer service told me to look around my neighbor's house to see if they went there. They did not, in the end customer service offered me a discount to purchase the shoes again!!! Why on earth?! I was never given the pair, why would I even spend another penny at David's Bridal. Worst Customer Service Ever!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

This was sooooooo not a bridal wedding fitting I had imagined... The young associate looked at me and automatically assumed I was a size 24. I told her I was not. I showed her my bridesmaids dress photo, she grabbed the dress, walked me to a back fitting room across the room, where there are no mirrors, nor any in the fitting rooms, so in order to see the dress on yourself you have to walk out the fitting room, and into a crowded room of other people trying on dresses. The associate was trying to assist multiple people at once. So I tried on the dress, she came and bunched it up in the back, told me to have it altered and that it could be taken in, and hemmed.

She spent more time on trying to get me to cash out than anything. But after the insult of my size, and not even an offer to try A smaller size, I didn't feel like waiting nor trying on nothing else anyways. She told me I would have to pay to order the dress, and later have it altered to fit me... um no thank you! What happen to the old fashioned measuring methods... measuring tapes, stick pins, writing down ACCURATE sizes, etc. I don't know, but A++ customer service, less assumptions and insults, come with MORE SALES... very poor customer service!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I purchased a dress back in Sept. 2020. I am a bridesmaid. The wedding is now cancel which is not my fault. I can't even get a store credit or return b/c it's out of the time frame. Who knows a wedding will be cancel? Now I'm stuck with this dress!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

First things first I would NEVER recommend purchasing a Wedding dress or anything in that matter from David's Bridal. (And second I apologize for my lengthy review.) I went to two of their stores on multiple occasions for my wedding dress. While searching for a dress I shown a picture of a dress I was interested in to the consultant. I was then told by this same women that I would not be able to wear that type of dress because "my breast are too big and I'm too short." Who body shames ANYONE when they are looking for a wedding dress?.

I put her negativity and body shaming remarks to the side and proceeded to look for a dress. I found one that day (in which I wanted a few alterations added to it). The consultants told me that they would be able to alter this dress how I wanted and if I was unhappy with it (before alterations) I could 100% return it, which made me revealed just in case I happened to change my mind. I paid for the dress in full but had to wait till my size was delivered to their store for pick up.

Almost 3 weeks later I receive a phone call that my dress was there; I was currently on vacation and told the lady I was unable to pick up my dress. She proceeded to tell me "Well this is paid in full and we don't have enough of room to keep it here for you, so either you pick it up or we'll ship it!" (In a unfriendly voice). I told her I cannot come and pick up the dress. I was currently on vacation for another week or so. She again told me "Well it's paid in full and needs to be picked up, either by you (meaning me) or someone else!". I had no one to pick it up for me.

Needless to say she told me she was shipping it out tomorrow. (Like who does this?!?) I had to find someone who was over an hour away from me to get my dress off my front porch because that week (July of 2019) there were a lot of rainstorms coming in and I just moved to my home in June of 2019 so I wasn't sure if it would get wet and damaged or even stolen!. This by all means ruined the remaining part of my vacation, worrying about my wedding dress! All the money that I spent on it. Was it going to be stolen off my front porch because I couldn't get someone soon enough to pick it up? I couldn't believe it. I was mind blown by the ignorance and the uncaring manner that these women that I've spoken to had.

So about 6 months go by and I finally was able to book an appointment with David's Bridal at a different location to go over my alterations, I was then told that there was nothing that they could do and that this dress apparently fit perfect. When it didn't, this dress was a strapless ball gown dress that is very heavy and didn't seem to have a lot of support in the bust area. (Which I need.) I then proceeded to tell them that I wanted little dainty straps placed on the dress to help with support and if there was anything I possibly could do as in wiring to hold me in and to make the dress more comfortable. The alteration women said no, there's nothing. The dress fits perfectly and she wouldn't recommend the straps because it wouldn't look good and she definitely wouldn't even recommend getting pictures with the straps on it either.

But.. Isn’t this my dress? Can’t I choose what I want? Everyone has their own style and that was mine!. This lady then told me that she wouldn't even recommend doing alterations yet anyways and I should schedule another day in a few weeks. (Mind blown.) A few weeks go by and I schedule another appointment and this time I bring my bridesmaid with me to try on dresses for her and to have mine tried on again for (fingers crossed alterations). This day everything was so unorganized, I made an appointment for my friend and I, they apparently had it that mine was cancelled and hers wasn't. But they said "Eh well I guess you can try yours on quick". WHAT!? You guess?... Like this was supposed to be partially my day. This was the day I could finally get this dress sent for alterations I was thinking and hoping.

They once again proceeded to tell me there's nothing they can do and there's nothing they would recommend. This dress apparently fit me perfect. It didn't, it wouldn't stay up, I wanted straps, I wanted possibly more wiring, I wanted more. I just wanted the perfect dress. The appointment ended in my bridesmaid finding her dress.

About 3-4 weeks later I called David's Bridal about the bridesmaid dress I ordered and they didn't return my phone call for weeks. (I called multiple times). I received nothing. Then the pandemic hit, finally months later I receive a phone call stating the dress is there and I can go pick it up. I haven't been anywhere in public for months besides work so I was really hesitant. I then asked if I was able to finally return my wedding dress when I picked up the bridesmaids dress and was told yes. I scheduled my appointment but was unable to make it because of one of my children getting sick, I left a message with one of the women. The next week l receive this bridesmaid dress thrown in a bag as if it was some four dollar t-shirt from Amazon, no hanger, nothing! I was furious!

Needless to say I've contacted corporate or whoever they pretended to be and was told that I can now not return this dress. I can only exchange it for the dress of the exact price. Because I was over their policy agreement that they apparently just changed after I purchased my dress. They said after 30 days when paid in full you cannot return it. I didn't even receive my dress at my home till way after 30 days, so therefore the policy ran out before I even got it!.

All I wanted was my money back, dress is still in the bag with tags and untouched. I'm shocked at my experience for this entire year, the back and forth with all type of uncaring ignorant people from David's Bridal. I needed the money back for my dress that they promised in the beginning that they could alter because I needed to go elsewhere. My fiance and I are paying for everything by ourselves and we have four children and all I wanted was my dream dress. And David's Bridal took that from me, they body shamed me, they made me feel like I was worthless, they made me feel very unhappy about myself. I'm now stuck with a dress, a veil and a headband amounted to over $1000 that I can do nothing with.

I will never recommend David's Bridal to anyone ever! I am mind blown by this entire situation; I am hurt at how I was treated. And I felt as if these people kept pushing things off that I was fall outside of their policy that they have. In the middle of all this happening I called them multiple times, I was said they would call back and they never did. I would call about every month about my dress, and nothing. I even told them that my wedding date was changed because of the pandemic and they were just so unsympathetic. I'm just so angry and hurt and lost for words.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I do not recommend purchasing anything online from David’s Bridal. In preparation for my son’s wedding, I purchased one dress in two sizes because I was in between sizes. Neither dress fit. I returned the dresses the day after I received them, which was a few weeks ago and have still not received a credit. I used a debit card so I paid cash, which was taken immediately out of my checking account. To date I have not received a refund. My recommendation is not to purchase anything online from David’s Bridal due to their slow refund process.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Terrible customer service. I've been on tech support waiting for an hour since the last person spoke to me.... There's no updates on my order that was placed 9 days ago... just seeing online that everything's backdated... No email notification ..to advise of changes ..or warning nothing.. Waiting on Messenger now. Someone said, "How can I help you" and never came back... This is not a joke! As a customer I expect to be notified when shipments are behind.

I expect information to be accurate so that I can plan my life and I do not find the service with David's Bridal... Down to my very time being wasted to have to call you to inquire about it.... That's how I feel about David's bridal right now..More than one hour of back and forth blank hold times. My local store couldn't even assist me because I purchase my order online. Do not place your order online unless you check it frequently because my dates were pushed out 60 days on my order and nobody even emailed me!

David's Bridal Company Information