David's Bridal

New York, NY

3.1/5 (985 ratings)

About David's Bridal

David's Bridal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about David's Bridal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davids Bridal?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Terrible quality. Do not shop here: you may not get what you ordered. I ordered a bridesmaid's dress that I tried on for my sister; because we have the same shape and she is about 30 lbs smaller than I, I knew that whatever fit me would fit her. I selected a beautifully simple dress called Shutter, in a size 20. It fit me perfectly, all around, so I ordered it in the same size but in the color that fit my scheme. I was aware of the return policy (full refund if canceled within 7 days of purchasing), but because the fit was perfect, I had no qualms about ordering.

I should not have done that. The store called me, yesterday, to let me know that the dress was in. I picked it up and took it to my sister. The difference between the dress in the store and the dress we got was incredible. She tried it on and the cut was poor--the dress was too tight across the hip and back...I had a hard time pulling up the zipper. The shoulders drooped enough to notice and there was a pooch from too much garment in the stomach. I even tried on the dress myself, and the fit on me was also bad (even though I already knew it would be, since--again--my sister is smaller than I).

The store will not give me a refund, despite the fact that the dress was made poorly--an issue caused by them, not me. The clerk told me that they could issue me a merchandise credit, so did the customer rep with whom I spoke today. However, there is nothing else, from that store I want, but I have everything else I need. I'm really irritated, and do not recommend this store.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I bought bridal items online with them, and they refused to give me my full refund. They don't give you enough time to return items. I wish they would give 30 day returns, like most normal companies do! The only reason they let me return my items, was because I had to buy two items, equal to the same value. They are just gypping people during the pandemic. I will never shop with them ever again! And you can only contact them through text, which is VERY unprofessional! I don't know how, they stay in business? Because a lot of brides have bad experiences with them! I had a heck of a time getting a RMA number from them, to return my stuff, and the customer service agent, sent me a encrypted email, with the return labels. I think they are so frustrating!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

First and foremost I was hesitant to come there in the first place based on reviews from friends and things I read online, but I went out on a limb and gave it a chance. I arrived about 30 minutes prior to my 7:30 appointment time because a few of my bridesmaid were with me so they wanted to browse. The guest whom appointment was before mine were still browsing and the person helping them was so pleasant and patient I thought maybe it won't be so bad after all. Boy was I wrong. When it became time for my appointment. The older lady seemed to be either tired of just plain didn't want to assist in my dress making decision. About 15 minutes into it she stated, "You need to pick something so we can get you in one of these dresses!"

I really saw nothing that actually wowed me and then I finally found one dress not necessary that I like but the style I was going for .... wasn't in my size. I found a second one. It too wasn't in my size. I found 2 more....Finally my size or at least that's what they said. One was the other 4x bigger than I needed. It was a lady that was there trying on dress when I got there that was still there. When I started she was offered veils and accessories....not me. I will never go to that location again and it's really put a nasty taste in my mouth about David's Bridal as a whole. Now I understand what my friends were talking about....That 1 thing we all have in common....not that we do or don't have money but we are **! Never again! Absolutely never!!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I purchased a dress, cash money, from David’s Bridal five days ago. I wasn’t crazy about it but the saleswoman assured me that I could return it, if I do desired. I did decide to return it today. After waiting in line for what seemed to be an eternity, I presented my receipt and was expecting my cash payment returned. WRONG! I was informed that a check would be mailed to me instead. I wasn’t thrilled but figured they’d get my money to me fairly quick. WRONG AGAIN! I now have to wait approximately one month to receive my hard earned cash back! They do not have their return policy posted anywhere in the store for the buyer’s protection. Very unethical! I will never do business with them again and will make sure that my family and friends do the same. BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

We had an appointment for bridesmaids dress fitting and the consultant Amanda O was extremely rude, not considerate about trying to say any of the girls sizes out loud for the entire store to hear and didn’t notify the bride that the dress she picked for her bridesmaids that it didn’t come in her color of choice until it was time to pay! I was forced to pick a star rating so I chose one but really she doesn’t even deserve that!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I purchased a dress at David’s Bridal in Ontario. The member Amanda was very helpful. I called on day 4 to return my dress. I requested to speak to a a manager. They stated she was very busy if I could call back. So now that I called back in past the allotted time. 7 days. Mind you my dress does not come until Mid October so it’s not like I’m returning a product I have received. I spoke to the manager and she was very rude. She told me there was nothing she can do for me. I called cooperate and they said the same thing. And apparently there are no managers on call, or someone I could speak to. That’s a problem!!!!

Original review: April 11, 2021

I am extremely unhappy. Purchase a dress for my niece for her communion... Mind you we are still in a pandemic so we can’t try anything on in store so purchase online. It was too big and as well as the shoes. I go to exchange the dress for a smaller size. They tell me I have to send everything back get a refund and come back and then purchase everything all over again... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? After all this money I spent with this company I will never shop with you guys again... I couldn’t exchange a different size in store and had to pay more money for another item. I am beyond pissed I will be calling corporate with my issues... Again I will never purchase from this company ever again. You guys are terrible...

Original review: March 19, 2021

I was pressured by the sales associates to purchase a dress that I wasn't comfortable in. I gave in and bought the dress. I went to return the unworn and still in original packaging from the day I bought it 10 days later and was rejected. The once friendly associates were no longer nice or helpful, they have my money so I no longer matter to them. I feel that their return policy is completely unreasonable: full refund within 7 days from purchase, otherwise instore credit only. Buyer beware.

My bad for not knowing their return policy and allowing them to pressure me into buying something that I didn't really like. I reached out to their corporate office, but that was a waste of time. They have no flexibility at all, just kept stating their policy is 7 days. So, I am either out a lot of money with a dress I will never wear or need, or will have a credit in a store that I never want to step foot in again. I hope this does not happen to anyone else, learn from my mistake.

Sincerely, not dressed for success!

Original review: March 8, 2021

Avoid this store. The quality of their dresses is poor, and my daughter was instructed to go ahead and order the next size, so they could alter it. The alterations cost more than the dress! Over $600!!! The actual alterations were all little tucks and other changes that exist in any garment that is one size too large! Unbelievable scam.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

We found a dress for the military ball but it was too big. My daughter was going to pick a diff dress but the sales rep told us not to worry because the altering was included. When we returned for altering they charged us $75 and said the sales rep was new. They refused to stand behind what we were told.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I am writing about my experience with an online purchase. I ordered several pairs of bridal shoes to try on. Due to Covid, I did not want to go into store after store looking for shoes. My order arrived except for one pair of shoes. I contacted customer service, and had the worst experience. I was told they had to contact the vendor, and after days of not hearing from customer service, I had to reach out again. Customer service told me to look around my neighbor's house to see if they went there. They did not, in the end customer service offered me a discount to purchase the shoes again!!! Why on earth?! I was never given the pair, why would I even spend another penny at David's Bridal. Worst Customer Service Ever!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

This was sooooooo not a bridal wedding fitting I had imagined... The young associate looked at me and automatically assumed I was a size 24. I told her I was not. I showed her my bridesmaids dress photo, she grabbed the dress, walked me to a back fitting room across the room, where there are no mirrors, nor any in the fitting rooms, so in order to see the dress on yourself you have to walk out the fitting room, and into a crowded room of other people trying on dresses. The associate was trying to assist multiple people at once. So I tried on the dress, she came and bunched it up in the back, told me to have it altered and that it could be taken in, and hemmed.

She spent more time on trying to get me to cash out than anything. But after the insult of my size, and not even an offer to try A smaller size, I didn't feel like waiting nor trying on nothing else anyways. She told me I would have to pay to order the dress, and later have it altered to fit me... um no thank you! What happen to the old fashioned measuring methods... measuring tapes, stick pins, writing down ACCURATE sizes, etc. I don't know, but A++ customer service, less assumptions and insults, come with MORE SALES... very poor customer service!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I purchased a dress back in Sept. 2020. I am a bridesmaid. The wedding is now cancel which is not my fault. I can't even get a store credit or return b/c it's out of the time frame. Who knows a wedding will be cancel? Now I'm stuck with this dress!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

First things first I would NEVER recommend purchasing a Wedding dress or anything in that matter from David's Bridal. (And second I apologize for my lengthy review.) I went to two of their stores on multiple occasions for my wedding dress. While searching for a dress I shown a picture of a dress I was interested in to the consultant. I was then told by this same women that I would not be able to wear that type of dress because "my breast are too big and I'm too short." Who body shames ANYONE when they are looking for a wedding dress?.

I put her negativity and body shaming remarks to the side and proceeded to look for a dress. I found one that day (in which I wanted a few alterations added to it). The consultants told me that they would be able to alter this dress how I wanted and if I was unhappy with it (before alterations) I could 100% return it, which made me revealed just in case I happened to change my mind. I paid for the dress in full but had to wait till my size was delivered to their store for pick up.

Almost 3 weeks later I receive a phone call that my dress was there; I was currently on vacation and told the lady I was unable to pick up my dress. She proceeded to tell me "Well this is paid in full and we don't have enough of room to keep it here for you, so either you pick it up or we'll ship it!" (In a unfriendly voice). I told her I cannot come and pick up the dress. I was currently on vacation for another week or so. She again told me "Well it's paid in full and needs to be picked up, either by you (meaning me) or someone else!". I had no one to pick it up for me.

Needless to say she told me she was shipping it out tomorrow. (Like who does this?!?) I had to find someone who was over an hour away from me to get my dress off my front porch because that week (July of 2019) there were a lot of rainstorms coming in and I just moved to my home in June of 2019 so I wasn't sure if it would get wet and damaged or even stolen!. This by all means ruined the remaining part of my vacation, worrying about my wedding dress! All the money that I spent on it. Was it going to be stolen off my front porch because I couldn't get someone soon enough to pick it up? I couldn't believe it. I was mind blown by the ignorance and the uncaring manner that these women that I've spoken to had.

So about 6 months go by and I finally was able to book an appointment with David's Bridal at a different location to go over my alterations, I was then told that there was nothing that they could do and that this dress apparently fit perfect. When it didn't, this dress was a strapless ball gown dress that is very heavy and didn't seem to have a lot of support in the bust area. (Which I need.) I then proceeded to tell them that I wanted little dainty straps placed on the dress to help with support and if there was anything I possibly could do as in wiring to hold me in and to make the dress more comfortable. The alteration women said no, there's nothing. The dress fits perfectly and she wouldn't recommend the straps because it wouldn't look good and she definitely wouldn't even recommend getting pictures with the straps on it either.

But.. Isn’t this my dress? Can’t I choose what I want? Everyone has their own style and that was mine!. This lady then told me that she wouldn't even recommend doing alterations yet anyways and I should schedule another day in a few weeks. (Mind blown.) A few weeks go by and I schedule another appointment and this time I bring my bridesmaid with me to try on dresses for her and to have mine tried on again for (fingers crossed alterations). This day everything was so unorganized, I made an appointment for my friend and I, they apparently had it that mine was cancelled and hers wasn't. But they said "Eh well I guess you can try yours on quick". WHAT!? You guess?... Like this was supposed to be partially my day. This was the day I could finally get this dress sent for alterations I was thinking and hoping.

They once again proceeded to tell me there's nothing they can do and there's nothing they would recommend. This dress apparently fit me perfect. It didn't, it wouldn't stay up, I wanted straps, I wanted possibly more wiring, I wanted more. I just wanted the perfect dress. The appointment ended in my bridesmaid finding her dress.

About 3-4 weeks later I called David's Bridal about the bridesmaid dress I ordered and they didn't return my phone call for weeks. (I called multiple times). I received nothing. Then the pandemic hit, finally months later I receive a phone call stating the dress is there and I can go pick it up. I haven't been anywhere in public for months besides work so I was really hesitant. I then asked if I was able to finally return my wedding dress when I picked up the bridesmaids dress and was told yes. I scheduled my appointment but was unable to make it because of one of my children getting sick, I left a message with one of the women. The next week l receive this bridesmaid dress thrown in a bag as if it was some four dollar t-shirt from Amazon, no hanger, nothing! I was furious!

Needless to say I've contacted corporate or whoever they pretended to be and was told that I can now not return this dress. I can only exchange it for the dress of the exact price. Because I was over their policy agreement that they apparently just changed after I purchased my dress. They said after 30 days when paid in full you cannot return it. I didn't even receive my dress at my home till way after 30 days, so therefore the policy ran out before I even got it!.

All I wanted was my money back, dress is still in the bag with tags and untouched. I'm shocked at my experience for this entire year, the back and forth with all type of uncaring ignorant people from David's Bridal. I needed the money back for my dress that they promised in the beginning that they could alter because I needed to go elsewhere. My fiance and I are paying for everything by ourselves and we have four children and all I wanted was my dream dress. And David's Bridal took that from me, they body shamed me, they made me feel like I was worthless, they made me feel very unhappy about myself. I'm now stuck with a dress, a veil and a headband amounted to over $1000 that I can do nothing with.

I will never recommend David's Bridal to anyone ever! I am mind blown by this entire situation; I am hurt at how I was treated. And I felt as if these people kept pushing things off that I was fall outside of their policy that they have. In the middle of all this happening I called them multiple times, I was said they would call back and they never did. I would call about every month about my dress, and nothing. I even told them that my wedding date was changed because of the pandemic and they were just so unsympathetic. I'm just so angry and hurt and lost for words.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I do not recommend purchasing anything online from David’s Bridal. In preparation for my son’s wedding, I purchased one dress in two sizes because I was in between sizes. Neither dress fit. I returned the dresses the day after I received them, which was a few weeks ago and have still not received a credit. I used a debit card so I paid cash, which was taken immediately out of my checking account. To date I have not received a refund. My recommendation is not to purchase anything online from David’s Bridal due to their slow refund process.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

My visit to David’s Bridal was a treat. Brandy was such a wonderful help to the bride to be and me a bridesmaid. She picked dresses that would flatter my full figure and made this day very easy, memorable and exciting. I’m so happy for my friend who said yes to her dress that Brandy picked just for her. We both left feeling happy and blessed with the choices we’ve made because of the help, patience and kinds displayed by Brandy.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Terrible customer service. I've been on tech support waiting for an hour since the last person spoke to me.... There's no updates on my order that was placed 9 days ago... just seeing online that everything's backdated... No email notification ..to advise of changes ..or warning nothing.. Waiting on Messenger now. Someone said, "How can I help you" and never came back... This is not a joke! As a customer I expect to be notified when shipments are behind.

I expect information to be accurate so that I can plan my life and I do not find the service with David's Bridal... Down to my very time being wasted to have to call you to inquire about it.... That's how I feel about David's bridal right now..More than one hour of back and forth blank hold times. My local store couldn't even assist me because I purchase my order online. Do not place your order online unless you check it frequently because my dates were pushed out 60 days on my order and nobody even emailed me!

Original review: July 21, 2020

I bought/ordered a Prom dress for my daughter in February. When it came in, early March, there was a problem with the zipper. They ordered a new dress and also ordered a zipper since they felt it was defective. Due to Covid, we were unable to go to the store to try on the new dress and check out the zipper. David's Bridal mailed us the dress. They never contacted us to set up a fitting once stores reopened, the Prom has been canceled, I tried to contact the store to inquire on a refund and I was told no. The store opened mid June, I never received notification that they were open, never received an email stating that either. I called the customer service number only to be told due to high call volume I needed to text HELLO to 38201. I again was told I was outside of the refund window, that we extended it 2 weeks and I had just missed it.

After a few messages back and forth, I was told my complaint would be escalated to a case manager and I would hear back within 24-48 hours. It's been over a week and still no response. I text them daily and they do not respond. How can a company be so greedy during a pandemic? They allow a 2 week window to make a return, however they do not make any effort to reach out to customers once they reopened. No final fitting, no zipper alteration and horrible customer service. I hope they have a class action lawsuit against them and multiple ADA violations!

Original review: July 21, 2020

If I could give them less than one star I would. This company is the absolute worst and is nothing but a middle man for substandard products with HORRIBLE customer service. I wouldn't waste my time or money. Way too stressful. I was lied to and no one was ever held accountable. After multiple calls and an offer to refund me half of my investment (because they were only the 3rd party vendor), they still wouldn't own their mistakes and tried to throw money at me to make me go away. It's offensive. I bought my lesson & will NEVER return or recommend.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Found the perfect dress. Should have ordered it yesterday when by some sort of miracle, the website was working. Now that I have the bride and the mother of the bride's approval, there is absolutely no way to actually order it.

Original review: July 14, 2020

HORRIBLE customer service experience. Do not order online from this business or you will regret it! Their website is poorly designed, very slow, and often doesn't work at all. Returns are laborious and confusing. The dresses are all identified by 10 word names rather than a simple number. Very tedious. If there's a problem, you can only communicate via text message on a phone -- phone calls are only answered by a message telling you to text, so you can't simply TALK to a person, and there's no e-mail address. Texting and waiting for responses takes forever. I spent literally all day on this yesterday, the issue wasn't resolved, and then the next day, the whole thing started all over again with a new rep as if nothing had ever happened yesterday. I could've explained the whole thing in a 5 minute phone conversation.

It was a mistake on David Bridal's part, not mine, and no one should have to go through this just to get a refund for a dress already returned. We're in a pandemic, and if this business hopes to survive, it needs to make some serious changes in how it deals with customers online and create a 21st century website that actually works rather than being constantly frustrating.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I know that due to Covid 19 there are restrictions with businesses being opened. I made an online appointment for a bridesmaid dress for when they reopened on 6-6-2020 back in May. Now I understand things have been pushed back on opening but they never called to cancel the appointment. I drove an hour there to find out they were closed. I couldn't speak to anyone until Monday. On Monday, I contacted them about this issue. I was promised a call from the Middletown NY store I would receive a call on Wednesday. Nothing. Now it is Thursday and they still can't reach out to me. Customer service is horrible.

Original review: May 26, 2020

During this pandemic David's Bridal has a return policy that doesn't make any sense. On their website they updated the return policy for online that says you have up until the event to make an exchange but then it says you have 7 days to do a return. Which one is it?? Either way I reached out to david bridal on 7th day (they were open) but no one got back to me through their automated response system. I reached out again next day. Now they are telling me I can't return because I missed by one day ago! What a terrible business practice to lie to your customers. I qualified for an exchange either way to take it by wedding is September 16th 2020 and I reached out to do exchanges on 7th day regardless.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I ordered two different dresses In 3 different sizes because I could not shop in store due to Covid19 restrictions. The sizes were grossly off despite measuring beforehand, they were way too long and too big. I had a hard time getting in touch with anyone and stores were closed. Phone calls said they were closed. Online wasn’t helpful. And after two days I got a text back. This was day 16 after my order shipped therefore they refused to do any return. I’m left with six dresses because of Covid issues and they won’t correct this issue. Completely bad tricky business.

Original review: May 20, 2020

If I could give them zero stars I would. They are horrible. I had to cancel my wedding due to a world pandemic. This place is giving my bridesmaid a horrible time returning their dresses. They bought their dresses in early March. No one knew that this was going to happen. Their receipt says 14 days after receiving order. That's the policy. They bought their dresses under, they're not letting any of them get their money back. They're very rude and unprofessional stating "we can change the policy whenever we want". I'm very disappointed and will never recommend to anyone. Unfortunately they're doing this to a lot of people during a crisis like this. It's sad and pathetic.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I understand with Covid a lot got messed up, delayed etc. Wheres my bridesmaid dress? Been getting run around for weeks about my dress... Used text message. No one answering. Told many different things.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I purchased my dress in Feb 28, 2020, was supposed to get married on May 2, 2020. Well the wedding got canceled due to COVID. I call David’s Bridal and spoke with the company several time while store were closed and they assured me that I would be able to return my dress and get a full refund. Well today they store open back up. I call to schedule an appointment to return my dress to get a full refund, management all apologize to me countless time that on the 16 of May the company decided to change their policy where now you can only get store credit. Who in the hell want store credit for a 700 wedding dress to one store especially when you do not wear dresses for fun or jewelry that’s meant for parties.

Original review: May 16, 2020

We bought my daughter's prom dress in March of 2019 for her prom that was in April. It was mere days later that schools started the learn from home approach with plans that school would be back in session by prom. With proms and graduations being cancelled all over the country we attempted to return the prom dress within the 14 days of purchase, but the store was already closed to anything but pickups. I called the store to make sure we would be able to return once it opened back up and was assured that they would indeed let us return the dress due to the circumstances.

When I called the store this morning they said that as of today their return policy had changed and they would exchange the dress or offer store credit for the amount, but they would not be able to return the dress even though I had called when the pandemic began and was assured that I would be able to return it. So now families who spent money on prom dresses for proms that were cancelled are out hundreds of dollars because David's Bridal would rather keep their money than have a decent reputation. Shame on your greed.

Original review: May 14, 2020

AWFUL, TERRIBLE, CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS WITH LACK OF HELP? Well where to start, I went into the store in December to get fitted for a bridesmaid dress and they advised me that I would be a size 26 in the style that I was looking for. I went online and purchased the dress in that size in April 2020. I have not change in body size but maybe gained a few pounds, but when I received the dress it was about 2 to 3 times bigger on me and the quality of the chiffon was awful, did not look good and would not have purchased it if I would have known what the qualify of their chiffon really was.

So I went to another bridal store and got measured again and they told me that I was a size 20 to 22 depending on the style so not sure how the ladies at David's think that they can measure people correctly or is it that they make their monies on getting people to purchase dress in bigger styles so that they can collect monies on alterations. BAD on David's if that is how they run their business. Now to the bigger issue, due to COVID19, I understand that the stores closed but now that they are open, I am not able to return the dress to the store but have to mail back the dress, but can not get in touch with anyone via, telephone, text message, email so what are my options.

Called the store now twice and the store manager is a waste of time as she can not assist in any information and will not make any except to help customers return dress that were ordered wrong due to the information that the store had provided me. The store manager just kept telling me to keep trying all the things that I have done and wait for two weeks but explained than I would be passed my refund date and then what have dresses still with me and no refund.

The funny or not so funny thing is that I spoke with a store manager that used to work at David's Bridal and she stated that they did take in the dresses that were order online and refunded the customers. I do not understand why they are okay with taking my money and not refunding when a customer is unsatisfied with the product.

Their refund page online states the following: Your feedback has inspired us to do better. Our goal is to provide a stress-free shopping experience and make sure you love your purchase. If you change your mind before your event, we now offer free returns and exchanges. Here is my thoughts: if our feedback has inspired you to do better then reach out to the customers that I trying to get in touch with you and also if ordering online will not allow you to return to the stores if unsatisfied then change it so that your customers are satisfied. This just makes your business and customer service look bad when customers are looking for dresses on that special occasion. SHAME ON YOU, DAVID'S BRIDAL!

Original review: March 12, 2020

So I have already reached out to David’s Bridal through a server they asked me to complete via email on my experience. Never heard anything back from anyone. So then I looked online at reviews and seen that customers complaints were being replied to stating please send an email to the said email address. So I did this, and again got no email in return from anyone. So finally I facebooked messaged David’s bridal and finally got a response. To which I was told what happened to me was not acceptable and they would look further into the situation and asked for the location. I was then told I would be contacted.

The actual store called me at 6:45 pm. I missed the call and called back immediately. I was put on hold. And then asked who I was and wanted to speak to and was put on hold again. It was Alicia who the store manager was who called me but Shae picked up the phone instead saying she was the assistant and Alicia is just leaving so I will have to deal with her... Okay why call me at the very end of your day? And I called her back within the same minute... Talk about deflecting the situation (which is poor management.. If you cannot deal with confrontation you shouldn’t be in charge.). So Shae proceeded to tell me how terrible that was and she was sorry and all she could do was offer me to come back to the store to have a better experience?

I live three hours away, all of my girls live all over the place and it was hard enough to come into the store to begin with and that is why t day was planned long time in advance. We were all looking forward to that day. Then all she said was thank you for your feedback, she didn’t actually read the review because she didn’t know the situation and that this will be used for future training. I then asked her if she could rush my order as the dresses are coming in 6 days before The wedding. She then said, "no you have to come into the store so we can do it while you're here." I live 3 hours away. This is not possible for me. I asked her to call head office the following day and get something done for me and she said she could not. I asked for head office number and she wouldn’t give it to me. Finally she gave me a customer service number. This is absolutely ridiculous.... Here is my ORIGINAL COMPLAINT:

Now I would like someone to do something about this. Hello, I had an awful experience. I made my appointment a long time in advance and was told to get in there in a certain window of time. To which I did! When I got there, the lady only asked what my color was. She never asked me anything about me or my vision or anything. She rushed me through the entire process. I was unfortunately five minutes late due to all of the construction on Eglinton ave. I am from a small rural community so a heads up on major construction on that road that has apparently been going on for a couple of years would have been appreciated. I was then told that my dresses would not arrive until July the 19. I get married on July 25. So you could imagine the stress this has just added.

My sister who is my maid of honour lives 6 hours away and could not make it for the appointment due to horrible weather. I was going to make another appointment to get her in ASAP due to the circumstances so she could try dresses on, however after finding out we wouldn’t get our dresses until July 19 I had to order her a size 16 dress and hope it looks good on her and fits her. If it doesn’t I will be out of pocket money for a dress she wouldn’t even wear. I have three bridesmaids and one maid of honour. My vision was to have my girls in the same dress and my maid of honour in a different dress. Now they all have to be in the same dress because of this. My girls basically only tried on a few dresses and I was basically told to narrow it down between two dresses I didn’t even fully LOVE. I felt like I was a burden.

I am a genuine and kind person and I truly feel like I was trampled over and rushed through an appointment. Just so the lady could go on her lunch break. She said goodbye to us before we even bought our dresses all because she Was in a huge rush to get out of there. We weren’t even there a full hour! My niece who is a bridesmaid has severe anxiety, my other friend was helping her in and out of her dress in the change room and the sales associate kept getting angry with her because she kept saying she had to try dresses on too. My one friend had to tell her that she will try the dress on once we all pick one and that right now she just wanted to help her get in and out of the dress because she was gonna wear whatever the other two girls chose. The sales associate just kept being pushy and rushing us!

I was so excited to come to this appointment, and I felt absolutely defeated when I left. I had told my mom that when I got there I would make a separate appointment so I could bring her so she could find her dress. But unfortunately I don’t want to put her through that same scenario. Especially after driving all the way from Brighton Ontario to be treated like absolute crap. I’m not sure if my dresses will even look nice in my wedding day because of how late they are coming in. Six days before a wedding is not enough time to have alterations.

The lady who checked me out at the cash offered me alterations and then proceeded to tell me they need four weeks in advance to even do them... Why even offer me if you just told me they’d be in by July 19? All I got for an explanation was that they have changed the number of weeks for order from 14 to 23. So if they knew this and had my appointment booked for weeks, why wouldn’t somebody inform me of this change and then I could have made other arrangements and gone elsewhere?!

I feel as if I was rushed, all for a sale and my wedding day might turn out crappy all because my girls dresses won’t fit because they arrive six days before my wedding. After I drove two hours to get home after this horrible appointment all I could do was cry. I feel absolutely horrible. And this just added to my stress. My appointment was last weekend, I am not normally a person who leaves bad reviews or causes turmoil, I am a very nice person. But I have now received about three separate emails asking me to leave a review on my experience and now that’s it’s been a few days I have finally found the courage to write this review in hopes that this experience NEVER happens to anybody again. The sad part is, I couldn’t even tell you what my sales associates name was, that is how impersonal she was to me. And again I just felt like I was a burden being there, and she just wanted me to pick, pay and leave.

David's Bridal Company Information