1.54/5
Based on 48 reviews that contain star ratings

48 HostGator Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Just to inform you, I got separated from the last agent. I have had nothing but problems since I have used HostGator. I originally purchased the Baby Plan and had issues that your team could not solve. I then purchased the Wordpress Hosting plan hoping that it was better security as you say but still had issues that your team could not fix so they directed me to contact Sitelock who then proceeds to tell me that the Firewall that I do have in place was not good enough and I needed to upgrade which I caught the gentlemen in a lie because he said that it would only be $30 for a year and then tells me that it would be $30 a month. He stated that the security that comes with my hosting plan is conflicting with the SSL. How is this possible, I just signed up?

What your company and Sitelock are doing is not right, taking advantage of people. I want my money back! There has been many issues with HostGator and their support team claims that they fix it but then it is not fixed, say that it is another issue when it is not, or direct you to contact a WordPress specialist which cost a good amount of money. They take advantage of people and you should be aware. So disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Their team is super slow, I still have unresolved issues from one month ago. They make promises and don't deliver them, please stay away from them. Their service is a complete nightmare which you can't escape. Run for the life of your website. They couldn't do a simple domain renewal because they have a third-party company that is super slow.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have been a HostGator customer for less than a month. Have been having absolutely pathetic support from their team on 2 separate occasions: I had subscribed to their Optimized Wordpress plan. Unfortunately this plan doesn't come with Cpanel (I didn't know this beforehand) and due to this I had to depend on HostGator support team for migrating my existing Wordpress site.

I had raised at ticket and waited for almost 5 days and multiple follow ups with no luck. Their SLA says it will take 72hrs or longer (no fixed timeline). None of their techs would provide a time estimate for completion or neither would they escalate the issue or prioritize. They are very insensitive and the standard response I got was 'Our SLA is 72 hrs or longer and we don't commit any time to our customers'... When I told them that I will cancel my order if it is not resolved quickly they said I can do so and helped me to cancel the order. They were fine to let go of a customer but not willing to fix a support issue promptly.

The second issue I had is with installing SSL certificate. This was part of my purchase plan. Unfortunately we are supposed to go thru their support desk for installing this as well (no automation) and they have some support issue with SSL and it was being worked by some other team. Their support desk doesn't have visibility on the status/updates and they wouldn't give ETA. I was asked to check back later to see if this was fixed. They wouldn't even give me a ticket until I forced them. After creating a ticket as well I wanted a proactive fix whenever the SSL issue is resolved and update email on the same. Here again the support team wouldn't commit and I was told that I need to call back and follow up if this is not fixed in few days!!! This is one of the worst support I've had from a service provider in the recent past... Not sure how they can survive in business with this type of support.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

It was so convoluted to get the site set up - I saved two blogs and they were not saved when I went back to try to tackle new blogs or posts. I was just a couple of weeks past the 45 day refund time and even though I never published the site or the blog, they would not refund my money. Advice - make sure you learn WordPress before you even think about HostGator!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I recently rebuilt my company website using HostGator's proprietary program Website Builder Pro. I spent a month building my 30+ page site. HostGator made an error and turned off my Website Builder Pro, despite my having prepaid for a year. Now they are unable to "reattach" my site to the Website Builder so now my published site is not editable in any way. I have called with no success numerous times. At one point I received an email saying that they couldn't recreate the problem I had, and in so doing they deleted my working website and saved a dummy page. That took two hours and them "waiving" the backup restoration fee since it was their mistake. I will have to build again (this time I'll bite the bullet and use WordPress). I get the sense that they have outsourced their more complex tech needs with catastrophic results.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HostGator?

Original review: July 15, 2018

The most and ever bad tech support. You can consider yourselves lucky if you haven't signed up yet. All I ask from them is making a migration from G-suite and they confirm to me that they will handle it. I believe them to start our work with them, but after 1 week all we get is they deleted our emails and they are still working in the migration and this is a unique situation. But if you ask anyone in the support team what is the real problem, you will get the answer as usual " our admins will solve your problem, and you will get the answer by your email." For God anyone tell me, how to waiting without using emails for a company and clients for more than 1 week? And after that, they deleted emails without any notice or reason. If you are going to build your business, don't try to work with HostGator. I lost my job because of them.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have never given any business a “1”. In fact, in today’s less than customer service- oriented society, I actually go out of my way to leave positive feedback for even good let alone outstanding service. With that in mind, this will be a thorough evaluation of my experience with HostGator. I am not leaving a “1” out of malice or anger, but as a consumer beware warning for those considering HostGator as a provider.

Initially, I purchased my domain through the popular GoDaddy. I then researched multiple providers looking for positive criteria such as uptime, speed, performance, cost, sales and tech support, hidden fees, and ease of migration. I evaluated “unbiased” review sites and most gave glowing recommendations, however consumer driven sites were much less enthusiastic and probably more honest. The two most important issues for me was knowledgeable tech support if needed (I am technologically savvy), and seamless migration from Wordpress to HostGator.

When I contact tech support it typically means there are adjustments on the server or backend issues which HostGator must do. HostGator offers email (not recommended), “live chat” and direct phone support 24/7. I used the live chat for sales support and some tech issues and 15 minute delays are common. After multiple interactions with the live support, I am convinced HostGator uses AI bots for this level of interaction. I started with the Hatchling plan but needed to upgrade for more resources for our business needs. During my live chat with sales, in response to a question, I received a robotic response which was verbatim from the website sales. From a technical point of view, there are several team members who are outstanding. Special shout to Robert and Kevin for your depth of understanding, technical knowledge, and ability to see a comprehensive big picture which is critical in website deployment.

Unfortunately, a number of the tech support can only see where to land and are not able to see the view at 30,000 feet. Consequently, tech support is disjointed and isolated. Information is not transmitted from the previous ticket. My domain transfer from GoDaddy was supposed to be accomplished in 7 days and 3 weeks later, tech support is telling me they are waiting on the transfer. When using live chat I did frequent print screens which populated to my Dropbox account and I was able to produce documentation showing what they said was done. Generally there is a lack of congruence from one tech to another and this results in a lack of productivity and resolution of the issue.

The migration experience from Wordpress to the optimized managed Wordpress account was a total fail and disaster. They say the process of migration can take 48 hours. It has now been 72. I am no longer able to access my original Wordpress site. The migration team changed my URL and are logging in with a new password and username, however they have not provided that information to me and renders me powerless do anything with the site. HostGator boasts that they now provide free SSL certificates which are required for security. One tech support told that the certificate would populate automatically and another person told me they actually need to request.

The certificate that is popping up is invalid on Google and Firefox and the browsers will not populate the site. After the “successful” migration, only the home page loaded and none of the secondary links were functional. This is likely due to the permalinks in Wordpress, but again I cannot access the Wordpress account even if trying to access to Filezilla which is a free download for FTP (file transfer protocol). I have put a two day suspense date on getting access and functionality. If my site is still not close to functionality, I will initiate a total refund and choose another provider. It is important to choose a provider, and then use the one-click option most providers have to install Wordpress and built directly from that integrated Wordpress site rather than attempting a migration. Hope this helps.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I don't normally review things, but in this case I feel I should warn people. I'm shocked at how bad HostGator have become. I was double charged for a hosting account and so opened a dispute and get the money back through Paypal. HostGator said they would open a counter dispute and that I would incur charges if the dispute is in their favour (this is fine) but if I am right they will suspend my account! So basically if I want to keep my websites online and not lose the other hosting accounts I need to pay them twice for one of my hosting accounts!

Original review: July 8, 2018

You can consider yourselves lucky if you haven't signed up yet. I was their customer for many years and it was bearable when I didn't use it much. However as soon as I had to launch a business website, this is when I found out the grim reality. 1. Every chat takes anything between 3 to 5 hours because they take about 5-10 minutes for each response. After explaining the problem, they misunderstand and ask to repeat. After several copy/pastes from previous explanations they send a few links to read, which are totally irrelevant. 2. Once the chat failed, the 'escalated' the problem' to the form of the tickets to the 'higher admins' and 'higher management'. Now it was taking 2-3 DAYS to receive an answer. 3. After 1 MONTH of trying to get the issues looked at, they said that they are having an indefinite technical issues. So that was the end of that website launching attempt.

4. Trying to find a workaround, the 'CUSTOMER MANAGER' transferred me from one account to the other, without my permission (which she then referred to as miscommunication) that was 3 TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE. So now they made me liable to pay $600 while saying that I can use SSL (which they will provide for free from this month as a company anyway) to defer my costs. 5. Trying to complain, just led to another one of such managers, who gave me the breakdown of the costs. 6. Asking to give me back my money resulted in NO RESPONSE. Honestly, I have yet to come across a customer service that is worth than that! Not only are they NOT HELPFUL, they actually change my account themselves to a more expensive one, no kidding.

I switched to another company called 'fast comet', that are twice as cheap, respond immediately to the chat and the tickets and helped me to get everything transferred and sorted for free. I launched a site in a few days. In summary, the HostGator are not only unhelpful, but they actually appears to be making an effort to sabotage their customers and essentially themselves. Really NO REASON at all to JOIN them as there are so many alternatives and being with HostGator will cost you a lot more in time, effort and money, then just a subscription.

Original review: June 18, 2018

HostGator is stealing your domain. Never buy hosting and domain from Hostgator, truly scam organization. They ask account verification, 1 week later you purchase hosting / domain... Why do you not ask and complete account verification before purchase? A honest and professional company should ask account verification by sending ID & Passport copy before purchase... But HOSTGATOR first lets you to purchase and later they ban your account and ask PASSPORT/ID copy...

I have transferred our one valuable domain, transfer completed and a while later they banned our account and show a warning "need ID card or PASSPORT copy". We did not send our ID card, because we do not trust HOSTGATOR may provide security of ID card and may a staff obtain ID card and use for illegal transactions... Now they do also not release our domain to previous registrar, shortly they have stolen my domain. GODADDY, NAME.COM, DOMAIN.COM, LCN.COM and all others except HOSTGATOR are not asking account verification by sending PASSPORT/ID CARD copy, you can use those companies for domain registration or transfer needs... Never use HOSTGATOR...

Original review: June 17, 2018

HostGator is truly the worst experience I have ever had. They are slow and stupid. If you have an existing domain, don't expect any result. They cannot deliver your needs. I had to threaten lawsuit to get a refund, which they say they will, but I have yet to see it.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I've been a long time customer of HostGator. Recently added G-Suite to my domain. I had to work with 5 different reps to figure out the issue. Most of the time, latter reps told me that former reps made mistakes in getting my G-Suite set up. I'm at the point now where my company email has been down a full day and G Suite continues to give me error messages. I think we finally fixed it but I now am stuck paying the full bill with HostGator for the G Suite add on which doesn't work. I asked for my money back and three reps said that's against their policy. Hope you learn from my mistake.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I've had a DNS issue with HostGator for a couple of months. Settings on my website keep reverting to some incorrect info. I change it... Things are good for a while, then revert back. Every change takes about 4-8 hours to be 'live' on other DNS servers. Every time I interact with support, the only thing they want to do is tell me to change the nameserver back, and "it will take a few hours to take effect. Is there anything else I can do to provide you wonderful service?" YES - actually look at the history to see that this is happening over and over.

I understand that as the support tech, having me make a few changes and then brushing me off while DNS propagates around the world is pretty easy. The problem goes away for at least a few hours. But as the customer, this is entirely frustrating, because the same problem occurs again and again (with my website being down) and I know that HostGator support is just going to go back to step 1... Instead of actually researching why this is happening. I echo the sentiments of many other reviewers. Avoid HostGator.

Original review: April 25, 2018

While using the Managed Dedicated Hosting, every supports question is against their compliances, the support is horrible, the support staffs are "true lazy" and for them everything is out of compliance order. Never try to ask support from the HostGator. The server performance is very slow, don't know why the company refer to this hosting, the response time is more than 1200ms, they promote as 36ms. Stay away from HostGator.

Original review: April 23, 2018

HostGator has hosted my site for many years and they do a great job. The tech help is excellent. They have never made a mistake on billing even once. My site is always up and running. It has never been down once. Techs are always able to solve any questions I have promptly. Things run smoothly with them. I have recommended them many times over the years and the people who have used their hosting are also very happy with them. Good job Hostgator. Keep it up!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I've been a customer with HostGator for over 7 years, and up until January of this year never had an issue. In fact, I had referred several clients and other agencies to them... However, in January, I received a series of emails from them saying my account was past due, and that in order to bring it current, I would need to send in a bank wire to cover the balance. I was confused by this, because my account had always been on auto pay through PayPal.

I looked back through my emails for the past 3-4 months, and saw that every month I had received 2 emails from HostGator, one saying that my payment was unsuccessful, and then immediately after, another one saying "thanks for your payment". I also checked with PayPal and saw that my billing agreement with them was still active. Perhaps, this is where I went wrong. As an extremely busy business owner, I assumed it was some sort of glitch in their system that was sending the emails, so I ignored it. Every payment processed through PayPal to other vendors had gone through successfully, and I had been on auto pay for 7 years so I wasn't worried about it.

A week later, my account was shut down (website, all business emails, etc) and they sent another email saying I needed to send a wire (not ACH, not credit card payment, but a wire from my bank). I called to find out if someone could explain what had happened, and why my billing was messed up despite everything showing okay on my end. Their representative had no explanation for the duplicate confusing emails that had been sent, and said that only their "billing administrator" could address billing issues and that this person was only available via email.

I emailed the billing administrator, and received a response a day later saying to send a wire, if I wanted my account to be reactivated, but he didn't provide any other details as to why it had been shut down to begin with. He said the total amount past due was $17. Mind you, as a customer of 7+ years I was confused why I couldn't make this $17 payment via card, and why they would shut a long time customer's account down over $17 (that shouldn't have been past due to begin with).

Regardless, I went to my bank, paid $35 for a $17 wire, and emailed them all the details including the fed wire number. I used to work for a bank, and know that wires arrive to the final institution on the same day as long as they're sent before 4 pm ET. Two days later and they were saying they still didn't have my wire, and that they "didn't research wires" and that I probably didn't put the right instructions.

Finally on the THIRD day, my account was reactivated. Still no explanation on why it took so long or WHY my account was shut down to begin with. Two weeks later, more emails from HostGator "billing administrator" saying my account was past due again, which wouldn't have been possible given that I had just paid. More emails back and forth, and still ZERO explanation why there was yet another balance. Once again, they're requiring a WIRE (another $35 through my bank), to cover the balance, or threatening to shut my account down. I'd like to reiterate again, that I'd been a customer for SEVEN YEARS with ZERO billing issues until this glitch happened.

Once again, sent a wire and paid another fee with my bank. Sent the wire instructions to their billing administrator, and also a series of questions inquiring when my account would be unrestricted so I could set up auto payments to pay like a REGULAR customer. Billing administrator never responded to my question about making regular payments on my account, and continued to completely ignore my questions about why my account was shut down to begin with. Fast forward to last week, and my monthly payment is due again. HostGator sends me an email telling me to log in to my customer dashboard and make a payment. I think, "Great, I can finally make regular payments again". Except when I log in to make a payment, it says, "Your account has been restricted, please send a wire payment."

At this point, I try a different route and try their customer service chat, to see if they can help. I explain to them what happened, that my account is restricted, and attempt to get information as to WHY and HOW we can get the account updated so I can MAKE A PAYMENT. I was trying to GIVE THEM money, and it seemed like an impossible feat. 20 minutes later after being on hold, the rep comes back to the chat, and tells me the EXACT same thing I already told her, "The account is restricted and you have to send a wire." She advises me to email the 'billing administrator' once again.

At this point, I go down to my bank, send ANOTHER wire to cover the next several months (I would have switched hosting accounts already if I didn't have a company working on my website. I fully intend to leave once it's done). I email the 'billing administrator' Friday afternoon with the wire instructions, including the Fedwire number. According to my bank, the wire reached their bank on Friday afternoon. Saturday morning my account was shut down AGAIN, despite them having my money. The billing administrator emailed me this morning, telling me their haven't received it (LIES), and completely ignored my questions about the account restrictions.

I'm beyond furious at this point, for the following reasons: I still have no idea why the auto payments stopped working to begin with. Had plenty of money in my bank account, PayPal agreement was active, etc. No one has any answers. If the account was truly past due, why did I receive emails every month saying 'thanks for your payment'. Again, no one has answers. When I attempt to resolve my account by sending wires (and paying massive wire fees), it takes them upwards of a week to apply it to my account, despite wires arriving same day! My account keeps getting shut down, despite payments being sent. Customer service is completely non-existent, and no one has been able to give me ANY answers about how to get the 'wires only' restriction off my account.

I'm sick of being treated like absolute garbage, as someone who's been a customer for over 7 years and has always paid on time. I have screenshots of emails, chats, wire payments I've made, and more to back up every single claim. I've dealt with hundreds of vendors since I opened my business, and I've never left a single negative review. This is by far the most atrocious service I've ever received anywhere!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Long story short, I was triple billed. Getting a refund was a nightmare. Now they email me a threat. If you counter dispute this, I will sue you for $200K. You triple charged us and I already cancelled with you, there are literally dozens of open tickets and emails and calls. Canceling was a nightmare to say the least. You people are so disorganized and incompetent it is comical. You are the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. You made my account balance go negative, and I got billed hundreds of dollars in overdraft fees. Am I going to get reimbursed? I am a volunteer for this organization and do not get paid. This is my personal debit card. Have a great day. STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY. SCAM SITE.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I recently switched from Bluehost to Hostgator, thinking the service would be more customer satisfaction oriented. I was wrong. I contacted them with a simple question about not having control panel access and all they wanted me to do was upgrade my account. I asked about another plan that would have suited me better and they totally dodged the question and kept pushing for me to upgrade what I had just bought. It was ridiculous. Why would I have to pay extra for the most basic service that they are supposed to provide? They wanted me to upgrade my current service instead allowing me to switch to a plan that was cheaper and gave me what I really needed. That's shady practice to say the least.

They didn't even try and help me out at all. So now I'm stuck with their service for a bit, but I can promise you that I will never buy another thing from Hostgator and will let people know what they are getting into when they buy their services. Never pay for something you don't understand and never be pressured into paying a company more instead of them actually helping out their customers. Good riddance. Bad service. These domain hosts are a dime a dozen now, so it doesn't make any sense to stick around.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I tried to contact them to make sure that I only purchased a domain using their online system and they didn't respond. They billed my credit card for monthly hosting charges anyway and when I called, they refused to credit my card back even though my request with the date was in their ticketing system. Instead, I got a lecture from the representative on which kind of ticket to select for which issue and that their ticketing system for some kinds of tickets isn't monitored. Therefore, they're keeping the money they STOLE from me!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! Use SiteGround or some other reputable organization.

Original review: March 22, 2018

AVOID USING HOSTGATOR! The service is really bad. I bought a plan for 3 years, and with almost 4 months time of using their service, they blocked my access to all websites under my shared account for couple of times now, I was told it was due to excessive usage of CPU. I didnt know they actually have this sort of limit even though I was told that I'll have unlimited under my shared plan. Then they will fix it but will take couple of days to have it fixed, very slow service, VERY BAD UNRELIABLE SERVICE. Guys don't ever consider hosting your website on HOSTGATOR except you want to experience a terrible service. Sadly, I did not read reviews before I purchase a plan. BEWARE of HOSTGATOR.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I don't understand why people like this ** hosting company. Terrible customer service plus the payment process sucks. They took $40 for a $7 service due to some error and I'm still waiting for my refund. Not fair at all.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Subscribed to HostGator's basic business package (Hosting /Domain services), and no longer needed the domain name after 2 years. However, they auto-renew your domain if "you" do not turn off the feature, and keep your credit card on file. Well I noticed they did the auto-renewal "several weeks" ahead of my domain expiration date. When I contacted customer service, I was told, "Sorry we do not refund auto-renewals!" Well HostGator if that is your standard business practice/policy, you just lost a customer for life! I will be sure to let everyone I know about this, especially if they are looking for Hosting services!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Used to be a great company. Now they get hacked all the time, then ask you to provide your private bank information to confirm you are you and will not accept anything else. Hostgator does not care about their customers at all.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Really bad database. Error every day and so very often on my name server. I've contact them and they told there was problems on my site. What? My site is the same for 3 years! And when I tell them what's going on, they don't answer even I asked for 3 times. I beg them to tell me the truth, they says if I don't satisfy experience with them, go for private server plan (my site has only 400-600 people/day with about <10 GB bandwidth/month) or go for other hosting company. Very bad. Come try and never again!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

3 Years ago I purchased a 3 year domain hosting plan for my business. Without notice or consent, they charged me for an additional 3 years for $358.20 last month. I just noticed this as I was updating my business financials. Apparently, if you keep a card on file with HostGator, as a "customer convenience", they won't send you an invoice- they will just charge your card. When I called to request refund- I was told it was too late. I was told if I didn't want to be charged, I shouldn't keep a card on file!!! How can they charge a card without notification or consent? Bad business model.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

HostGator has one of the most awful customer services I ever got. I don't know if that's normal in servers providers, but the service as such (computers, servers, hardware) seems good and reliable, but the customer service is awful, it seems they treat you like you were a child or a dumb. It takes an eternity to reply to you, they don't have normal email tickets, just phone and chat, which takes a lot of time, and after waiting you get a bunch of ignorants trying to speak with you like you were a child. The big majority of the staff is technically very poorly qualified. All this big companies with all the "customer optimisation processes" treat clients like sheep. Strongly un-recommended. PS: Written after one hour with chat customer support and ZERO satisfaction. And I am a client for a long time! I just don't move due to the burden.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

HostGator my website host, advised that due to malware, my 3 websites were being removed and that I should contact Sitelock to have the malware removed. When I discovered that my 3 sites had been removed, I contacted Sitelock. They offered to solve the problem for several hundred dollars and tried to coax me into signing up for a 6 month contract. When I explored further, I discovered that this hoax between both companies is now widely documented on Twitter and other social media outlets. When I presented HostGator with the evidence, they finally relented and helped me remove the fake 'malware'. Beware both these companies - they are a nightmare to deal with and I am in the process of moving my sites to a new host.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I was pressured by HostGator into locking in a price for several years in order to save money overall. After one year, they're telling me that some services were only free for first year, and now I need to pay extra for two separate security features, sitelock and codeguard. I spent 15 minutes searching everywhere on their site trying to find out how to cancel or downgrade those services. They make it difficult on purpose. Then I went to chat and was notified all agents were busy. Finally after answering another 8-10 Qs, I got someone to chat with me. It took another 15 minutes for me to cancel both services because the agent wanted to scare me into thinking my site would get hacked without those services. I found on another site that there are free services that perform the same safety and security services. Ridiculous to make this so time consuming.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

We have an important site on HG and we have not been able to edit it for more than 10 days. We were using Weebly and their connection to Weebly is broken and they don't know how to fix it. One of our site admins called them more than 20 times and chatted over 25 times. They don't know how to solve this problem. HG used to be a good company -- not any more --- Our recommendation is STAY AWAY FROM HOST GATOR --- THEY HAVE NEW MANAGEMENT OR NEW PROCESS.

Original review: July 29, 2017

HostGator hosts the website of a violent Domestic Terrorist Group. This violent Domestic Terrorist Group is stalking and harassing me and other people online. I have repeatedly emailed and called HostGator requesting removal of the dangerous content, but they refuse. I was told over the phone by HostGator staff that Texas law permits HostGator to allow this dangerous content to be published. (HostGator is a Houston Company.) I believe HostGAtor is wrong and that online harassment is illegal according to Texas and Federal law. Hopefully law enforcement will force HostGator to remove the online harassment by this violent Domestic Terrorist Group.

HostGator expert review by ConsumerAffairs

HostGator provides web-hosting services to clients in more than 200 countries from its headquarters in Houston, Texas. It offers a variety of plans to meet different web hosting needs.

• You can host as many websites as you’d like: HostGator offers unlimited subdomains for one price, meaning you can host an infinite number of sites.

• Great email options: You have the ability to create as many email addresses as you need and can setup auto responders and email lists. Every email address comes with powerful anti-spam software.

• Lots of one-click app installs: You can install a large variety of apps to meet your website’s unique needs.

• No script library: Advanced users will be disappointed with the lack of script templates; they’ll have to code script from scratch.

• Customer service: In some cases, customers may have to wait for over an hour to speak to a customer service representative if they are having a problem.

• Control panel: It can take time to figure out how to navigate the controls.

• Best for: Small business owners and website hosting companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs