2.72/5

A2 Hosting

A2 Hosting is your high performance hosting provider! Whether you're looking to host WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another solution, your site comes hosted on our blazing fast SwiftServer platform. You can even host on our Turbo Servers featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing solutions. Our 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support team is standing by to answer any questions you may have. Get started now completely risk free with our Anytime Money Back Guarantee!

219 A2 Hosting Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 7, 2019

Signed up in December for the Swift plan on their Windows Servers. They were initially helpful getting me set up with certain settings I was having issues with. I run a forum and news site and would get emails from my customers and users periodically letting me know they couldn't access the site. This happened about once every other week the entire time I have been with A2.

When I contacted support, they said they didn't see anything in the logs to indicate downtime or errors. Since the outage only lasted a few minutes each time and seemed to be isolated to individual users and not the whole site all at once, I dismissed these issues as being a minor inconvenience, maybe even user error or the browser/ISP that the user was using and not A2.

However, early in the morning on April 23rd, my site went down. At first, I thought it was just another minor outage. 5 minutes later we were still down, then 10, then an hour, then several hours. The entire time, all A2 was saying is that they are aware of their Windows servers having issues and that "Users hosted on these servers will experience service degradation." Well, it was much more than just service degradation. Our site was completely down. Everything including our emails, ftp/control panel, and obviously the site.

A2 created a status page and any attempt to reach out to their customer service team resulted in being directed to their status page that constantly repeated the same line, "Our System Operations team is working on restoring service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as more details are made available." No ETA/ETR, no additional details as to what happened or why our sites/servers were offline. Nothing! For over a full week! Finally, the CEO of A2 wrote an update and posted it to their blog. It was basically the exact same update they had been giving for the last week. The only additional piece of information we received is that they had been hacked and ransomware had infected their Windows Servers. Indicating their lack of security and their failure to plan for intrusions with redundancies.

Since that blog post, on May 1st, they have not released any updates to their status page, to their blog, or to any of our active tickets. They have also removed Windows hosting as an option from their website all together. Which to me, indicates that they do not believe they will be able to recover their windows servers. They have also replaced their chat support feature with a bot that directs you to the status page and also removed the billing support option that would allow you to cancel your account and ask for a refund. Essentially holding us captive if we want any chance of recovering the funds we invested in them.

At the time of writing this review, May 7th at 10AM CST. My site/server is still down with no response of any kind from A2 since May 1st. The rumors being spread from their sales team indicate that they have completely lost our data and backups and that we would be better off just moving on to another hosting company and starting from scratch. We have already begun the development process to recreate our website from scratch and are in the process of looking for a new host as well. We were hoping to recover some data from our old site, even if it is several months old, but that is looking unlikely as well.

My advice to anyone considering A2 hosting is to just forget about them as an option. Do not believe the reviews of sites like hostingadvice.com. Unless you or the business you choose to host on A2 is capable of withstanding several weeks of being offline, or if you are comfortable with a company that has these types of outages, STAY AWAY FROM A2 Hosting!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I've had a terrible experience with A2. I've only been a customer for 4 months, and so far my site was completely offline for 2 weeks (by brother-in-law's site has been offline for almost a month!) while they figure out what to do about a recent malware attack. Over $10,000 in lost revenue between the 2 of us. Now that my site is back online, I occasionally get 404 errors that happen sporadically and go away if you refresh the page a few times. I'm looking for another host and can't get away from A2 fast enough. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Everything in A2 is amazing, easy to use and speed and more security. It's amazing. I am use A2 since 3 years and I am v. happy with them. I am rent swift and turbo in Windows and Linux. Really its high quality of customer care and their efforts is blessed. I will never leave A2 Hosting. Thanks.

Original review: May 6, 2019

A2 Hosting is the best of the best. The service is exceptional, my sites are always up and they run extremely fast, and the A2 customer website is very intuitive and fully featured. I have contacted customer service a couple times to ask for help with something I didn't know how to do or wasn't confident about doing on my own, and they were very responsive, professional, and patient with me, which I appreciate very much. They even followed up with me to make sure everything was fine. Having been with a couple other hosting companies in the past I feel confident saying that you absolutely won't find this kind of service and quality anywhere else, especially for the price. I honestly can't say enough good things about A2 Hosting. I would give them 10 stars if I could!

Original review: May 4, 2019

As we approach the down for 2 weeks mark, A2 Hosting is diligently sending out the same form letter, ignoring customer calls, AND STILL BILLING US. They boast that they have a 99.9% uptime money back guarantee, but my latest bill shows that this wasn't true. The worst part is, I cannot get them on the phone to do anything about it as it bills my credit card.

But there is a deeper problem here. Their security was lax enough that they allowed a simple ransom-ware hack into their servers. Yes, it is the same ransom-ware that took down an airport, but A2 Hosting is a server company. They are supposed to eat, breath, and ** internet security. They FAILED! They failed their customers. They failed their integrity, they failed our trust. As I read through the reviews on Consumer Affairs, I see people complaining that they have lost more than just revenue. They lost their reputations. They lost their rankings. They lost their customer's respect.

Now there is chatter about a class action lawsuit that could take down the rest of the A2 Hosting servers. One has to ask why A2 Hosting's CEO Bryan Muthig didn't think it was important to spend the cash required to do the job right. Well, I hope he learned a valuable lesson, and I hope that other hosting companies are paying attention. As for me, I will NEVER EVER use any company run by the now infamous A2 Hosting’s CEO Bryan Muthig.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A2 Hosting?

Original review: May 3, 2019

Any issues I have had have always been swiftly resolved by the gurus and always in a very professional way. I am very grateful to the whole support team and would not hesitate in recommending A2 Hosting to anybody. Many thanks again.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I am having a nightmare right now. Their servers went down on 22nd of April & still (3rd of May now) they haven't managed to get our databases back online. No ETA on the restoring process and no any satisfying replies from support either. The worst hosting company ever.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Hey A2, you have cut off all means of communicating with your Windows hosting clients. You replaced live chat with a bot, but only for Windows hosting. You aren't even reading support tickets, responding to multiple tickets with a canned response - getting 5 copies of it doesn't make me feel 5x better than one did. In fact, the disregard it demonstrates makes it even worse. Patience is a virtue, you incessantly thank us for, but it is also quite finite, and having been through going on two weeks of downtime, while having to endure your self-aggrandizing BS about "service excellence" - still with no end in sight - has worn it way beyond thin.

So, A2, it's time to swallow that reality pill, that's now the size of a zeplin. You have shattered your relationships with us as a provider! There's just no getting around the fact that you suck! It's now time to listen to us, and accommodate our transitions to hosting that *does* work! To be sure we fully expect that transition to be painful, but you have it in your power to substantially lessen that pain, with minimal effort. Set up a team to deliver the most current copies of our databases to us, along with exports of our WordPress sites, and any other content we might want to retain. Luckily I personally kicked off a backup a couple of weeks ago. I figured out how to extract the things I needed, but you should provide instructions (if not scripts or other tools) to ease the burden.

No matter what you do going forward, you'll never make us whole, just the amount of downtime (not to mention the disregard with which you have treated us) have caused irreparable harm. You need to quit the pretense that you can somehow make it right - you can't, it's over. The best you can do is to devote staff time/resources to help us get as much of our data from your broken system as is possible. That is your best hope for an attempt to retain perhaps a shred of the respect we once held for you. Yes at one time you were the best, but you've pissed that away, in an orgy of blatant, calculated disregard and ineptitude. Trying to hold onto the past is pathetic and annoying, as well as a waste of even more of our time. Will you even read this, A2? Somehow I doubt it, and that is why you will fade to a handful of dust on the horizon of IT has-beens.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I have just started my business in January, had a couple of good clients and prospects in setting up network contacts etc. Now my site and webmail are down for one and a half week: my business has stopped to a grinding halt and I am sure new contacts are wondering if my company is fake due to nonexisting site and mail. Just when I am trying to build up a name for myself. Also, no info from A2, no replies, no capable personnel apparently?

A day or so I can imagine, but it seems their whole system is so broken they are not capable of fixing it all together. You just cannot keep clients hostage without informing them and arranging alternative service for them and compensating in some way. This way A2 is making sure even the most patient and forgiving customer will get furious and they will be sued out of business (if there ever will be back online at all). Glad they completely ruined not just our businesses, but their own reputation as well. As they apparently were severely lacking in the backup and security department while selling high quality.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Our website and email has been down for 1 week and counting since April 23, 2019 and there's no definite date when will it go back online. I should have not switch from GoDaddy. Their technical support is also not helpful, you can't get any definite answer and their email support is no longer responding. WE WILL NO LONGER RENEW WITH THEM.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My sites and my client's websites are down for more than a week and please is not working. Trying to reach out A2 Hosting through chat and ticket. Left with no response. They cannot just vanish by not responding to our problems. Either resolve the issues or provide the backup with refunds to move on with business. Kindly respond.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I've used A2 Hosting for almost a year. We had a few problems early on but nothing major - just some SQL server outages. However, all our sites have been down since the 23rd. A2 service and support don't care and just fob you off pointing to their online status updates (which are of little use to me and have not been updated in around 24 hours). Tickets logged with support go unanswered, they have set their chat support to an automated response for anyone who has windows services so that it doesn't even let you connect to a human being. I called them and spoke to their support team leader who did talk to me for a while but ultimately was of little help as he could not give me any information and essentially refused to go and ask the tech guys that are actually dealing with the recovery about the recovery plan and time for our specific server plus they would not provide any data or backups.

Learning for us is to never trust a host and always take site and db backups out of their network to our own (we did it for the sites but not the databases so we're screwed until they fix). I am actually inclined to believe that they will be unable to recover a lot of the data and will eventually come back to us to tell us it's all gone and there is nothing that they or we can do about it. Naturally their T&C's cover them against loss of customer data so basically it's a big ** from them to all customers that are affected. DO NOT USE THIS HOST EVER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Original review: May 1, 2019

The hosting is down since last 10 days. It was estimated to be up in max 3 days but now even they are not sure how much time it will take to get all services working. Customer support is worst I had ever encountered. They know nothing, just provides ticket no. to any query. More than 10 days downtime twice in 5 months is enough to ruin a business. NEVER GO WITH A2 HOSTING.

Original review: May 1, 2019

For a couple years, no problems with A2. However as many reviewers have noted, since April 23 until at least today (April 30), their Windows servers have been completely down, although they maintain simply that 'service is degraded.' What's worse, I'm getting no feedback on what I can do in the meantime, no assistance in migrating out of A2, and nothing back in terms of prorated refunds. This is absolutely ridiculous, and I'll make sure to move all of my domains with A2 out of their service. A2 have completely tarnished their image, and continue to make it worse by not addressing the needs of their customers affected by their server issues. I have absolutely zero faith in the company now. Stay away - far away.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Since April 23th 2019, all windows servers are offline. No support, no refund, no backup, they lied when said 4 redundant network, they lied a lot for their customers, just nothing. And some that already got online, says that data from March and April was lost, so the last backup they did was in February. Run away from this hosting server!!! Today is April 30th 2019.

Original review: April 30, 2019

More than 5 days now the site is down because their database server is offline. They not response on the tickets, and also it's down more than 200 sites that are connected to that server. They not inform us what they doing, if they have backup, when they bring it online - absolute nothing - big loss for our e-shop site. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Worst ever hosting provider.

Original review: April 30, 2019

7th day my server and also 100 servers are offline, no answer a ticket, no get any information about status of progress, no ETA. Only apologies, and template answers. My business was stopped. I never think that they can use our data so carelessly.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Well, this was my first time of experiencing this type of security checks before signup for web hosting. But it's ok, security is great challenge for provider and clients. We all must be proactive in tackling threats and vulnerability. Their response is awesome.

Original review: April 29, 2019

A2 Hosting. My website has been down for a week now. A2 no longer responds to tickets. This is a disaster. It started last Tuesday early AM. They finally reported their servers got infected with a virus. Since then they say they have been working around the clock to restore their servers. I have never seen it take a week to restore servers. Are they that short staffed? Where was their antivirus security? I want my website restored so I can move it to hosting facility that guards against these issues. Then I want a to be refunded every dime I have paid this company. I have lost much more than what I have paid them.

A2 Hosting’s advertising is completely false. They claim, "Our 24/7/365 support staff with expert system admins keep your server running at its peak. We use industry best practices, the best data centers and ensure your server has the latest security patches. That's why we can commit to your site being up over 99.9% of the time." What type of industry best practices would letting your servers become so infected that it takes more than a week to get them restored? What kind of latest security patches are on their servers? This is just complete false advertising and they should be punished for this.

Original review: April 29, 2019

It's been 7 days since my website is not working neither I am able to submit the ticket. A2 Hosting is not responding. This it the worst hosting. I would not recommend A2 Hosting to anyone. They guys are not understanding problem of customers

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have an eCommerce site but I not an expert and that's why I chose A2 Hosting because they ARE the experts. If you can't find what you need in the KnowledgeBase, don't hesitate to ask the brilliant and friendly Support Team. I recommend A2 Hosting.

Original review: April 29, 2019

120 hours without service or response to service requests (other than canned “thank you for your patience” replies). Anyone interested in a class-action lawsuit for gross-neglect of duty to apply industry standard of care?

Original review: April 28, 2019

My site has been down since Monday, April 22 and still not up. My site takes registrations for theatre camp classes. I have moved to another hosting service, but all the existing registrations are lost unless A2 Hosting comes back online or will send me a backup of my SQL database. They are not responding to any of my support tickets. I wouldn't be surprised if the Windows servers never come back up.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Horror Hoster, for over 20 years I haven't seen like this. Hosting (windows) didn't work for 5 days now and they not answering on tickets or e-mails. I pray for backup for my client but they didn't want to help.

Original review: April 28, 2019

In the beginning this server was excellent, no problems. With this long term outage, and no way to access our data, it has cost us time, money and customer satisfaction. There have been no recent updates and no contact. They have us hostage and we have a three year contract - but no way to move the data to another host since we cannot gain access.

Original review: April 28, 2019

This is an extremely LEGITIMATE review, and not at all influenced by anyone... A2 HOSTING is extremely pathetic and this time it is NIGHTMARE! If anyone is planning to buy a hosting space, kindly avoid this PATHETIC website, if you truly want to be safe...

Original review: April 28, 2019

This company sucks. No, they have cost me thousands of dollars, sucks doesn't even come close. Site has been down for over a week. Very little communication. Three+ hours on online-chat to get a, "Thank you for your patience, we're working our best. Well, your best is the worst I've ever experienced.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I've used A2 Hosting one year, it's work perfect. This is the first time I'm disappointed about the service. The company's server was attacked by a virus. My website was not accessible more than a week ago. At this time all my services cannot be used. I lost too much money. I'm not sure if the system can be restored. I do not encourage you to use this company server. If you use it, try to make a regular backup so you can restore the system when something goes wrong.

Original review: April 27, 2019

All our sites have been down for more than 5 days. All our email addresses down! Emailed them twice. No one replies, called them but no one answers! They just send emails thanking us for the patience. What a joke! They don't even deserve for one star.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I repeat, never purchase their service. It has been 5 days and all their windows servers are down. Eventually they shut down the servers without giving us any chance to download our backups. So we are locked. Can't exit either. If you want to contact support, be ready to wait for at least 45 minutes to an hour. They don't have the backups of your data and now when I see their Twitter page, they are restoring 2 months old database. Really pathetic experience. I would really recommend some other hosting companies. Don't go with their tag line. With their 'speed' nobody can ever succeed.

A2 Hosting Company Information