3.65/5

A2 Hosting

A2 Hosting is your high performance hosting provider! Whether you're looking to host WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or another solution, your site comes hosted on our blazing fast SwiftServer platform. You can even host on our Turbo Servers featuring up to 20X faster page loads compared to competing solutions. Our 24/7/365 Guru Crew Support team is standing by to answer any questions you may have. Get started now completely risk free with our Anytime Money Back Guarantee!

151 A2 Hosting Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

A2 Hosting claims to offer 24/7 support. I have now filed 3 tickets in the course of the last 24 hours and still no reply in sight (most recent ticket is **). All of this issue, incidentally, on account of their recent server update or whatever. I was told by A2 Hosting that since I am on one of their servers, I had nothing to do, and that life would continue as before. And now, I cannot post to my website (Sandvox) because it will no longer connect with A2 Hosting. Hugely frustrating! And no reply to my tickets... What kind of support service is that?

Hi Pierre,

I apologize for the delay, we are currently experiencing higher than average support volumes. We do provide 24/7 support and I can see where our staff have now helped you to correct the problem you were facing. If you continue to have issues please reply back to your support ticket and let us know.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I have been with A2 for 2.5 years. They were great for the first year or so but have been sliding down in the past year. My VPS server has had a plethora of issues and they refuse to acknowledge any trouble. In addition to server errors, their once responsive support services are really terrible. There is always a long wait on Live Chat, Support tickets take 2-3 days to get to and it seems they always have questions with the answer typically covered in the original request. I try to provide detailed info in my tickets and upon hitting submit the ticket vanishes. It's frustrating enough to have a lot of problems without losing my request for support. I'm not sure where to turn or who to trust if I decide to leave as I have used many hosts in the past 20 years. They all seem to be unreliable in one way or another.

Hi Glenda,

I am sorry to see that you are having issues. Could you please provide me with a ticket ID # so that I can take a look for you? I am unable to locate your account with the details provided here.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Updated on 03/02/2019: After five days of inaccessible osCommerce installation I with no signs of A2 support doing anything except asking to specify the problem again and again I moved my site to another host where I have it run flawlessly. The problem with A2 was their server upgrade which ruined my working site and their inability to tell me about the changes. Their response time to tickets was over 12 hours on average, while my new host has ticket response times of less than 20 minutes. I'm sorry I had to leave this once great host.

Original Review: After their server update on February 17th my E-Commerce app stopped working (Error 500), I issued a ticket but so far no solution except trying to shift the blame on my app. I'm going to move to another host soon.

Hi Roland,

I apologize for the issues you have had with our support, this is not the norm and I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. I have escalated your issue now and you will have further feedback soon.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I switched to A2 Hosting after researching hosting companies online and seeing several recommendations for them based on speed and service. As a growing nonprofit I needed the support. But in my experience, they fail. I have never been able to reach support via their chat. It's always offline or has an extended wait. If you call, there is a wait time of over an hour. And when you do finally get to speak to someone they just file a ticket, they don't actually work to resolve the issue immediately. This is unacceptable.

Additionally I have had issues with email security. Twice in the past month I have received emails that say I have been hacked and threaten me if I don't pay someone online via Bitcoin. One appeared to come from a business contact, the other seemed to be sent from myself. I have changed the password, have a 50 character password created by 1Password, and this is STILL happening. So the issue is clearly a matter of A2 not securing the accounts properly. I contacted A2 about this the first time and didn't get much of a response to the ticket. I just tried to contact them about this issue again and couldn't reach anyone because of the backup on support. How am I receiving the service I pay for?

Hello,

I am sorry to see that you are having issues here. Could you provide me with a ticket ID so that we may investigate further? Spammers can often exploit insecurities in your site to send unauthorized email. I would suspect this is what is happening in your case.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

This is my first time writing a review about an experience with any company. I transferred to A2 Hosting because I had a growing membership site and needed additional speed. During this time I have experienced very little of what was advertised. Additionally, I have even upgraded my service and instead of getting better it appears to be getting worst.

This downtime has cost me at least two thousand dollars in revenue which I am sure I will not be compensated when it is time to pay my $300 bill from these people. DOWNTIME COST MONEY! I am so turned off by the service I am either going back to Hostgator or looking at Bluehost. One thing I can say about Hostgator is that their customer service was always exceptional.

Hi Joseph,

Apologies for the issues you have encountered. Do you have a ticket ID that I could use to review your issue? I would very much like to determine what has happened here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about A2 Hosting?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Our websites encountered malware attack a week ago, and engaged their Sucuri Clean Up to restore the page, it has been a week and the issues have yet to be resolved. Despite our several chasers, still they are so reluctant and slow in update and reply... Can somebody help to look into this matter?

Hi Jamie;

Thanks for letting us know! Could you please share your ticket number with us so that I can view the support history? I don't see the URL listed in your attached image in our customer database. We'll be happy to look into this further for you if you can share more details about your A2 Hosting account.

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Dear all!! We have been with A2 hosting since several year and it's now the lack of service been very very negative and bad and pathetic response from customer services and not provided any reason for why? The website is down for last 3 days and we been losing daily sales of 3000$ to 8000$ every day. It's time to change!!! Unhappy unhappy unhappy.

Hello Hussain;

I'm sorry to hear that! We hate to lose any customer, but especially one that has been working with us for so many years. Could you please let me know your ticket number so we can take a look at it? I'll see what we can do to get this corrected for you.

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Updated on 02/07/2019: I have been dealing with the A2 Hosting support for a few days now and haven't gotten anywhere. My VPS constantly has issues and now it's down. I just setup a new client and launched a new site so my client is freaking out about why the site is not up. I contact support and can't get anyone to respond! I have tried to contact their support via phone and after 25 minutes of waiting I gave up. I am going to drop A2, they are the most incompetent web host I have ever dealt with. A2 is a joke!

Original Review: I have been with A2 Hosting for a little over a month now and have begun to set up a few sites. First off, the Plesk installation is not setup correctly. When you setup a site, it adds site files to a directory, but no index landing page. Second, the VPS is extremely slow. Just trying to move a file or window takes an extremely long time and is very frustrating when you are trying to get something done. It takes over 30 seconds just to open Internet Explorer.

I have not touched this server since it was setup, so I would think I would not have any issues. And support? What support? When and if you are ever able to chat with a support person they say they need to create a ticket. Thanks for wasting an hour of my time just to be told I need to create a ticket for which the response time is hours later, in my case 3 hours later!!! Then, when you try to view the ticket through your account page, the A2 Hosting site keeps throwing a 524 error. Error 524 Ray ID: ** • 2019-02-06 15:06:43 UTC. A timeout occurred.

I have servers set up with other companies and by far, A2 Hosting is the worst and the slowest. On top of all the issues, I am paying for "Turbo boost". I would hate to see what this server is like without it. I asked the support person if they recommended reputable host and they said I should look into AWS or Microsoft Azure. Point taken.

Hi Lee;

I'm very sorry to hear about this experience! I can say it's definitely not typical of our service. This definitely needs to be reviewed by our team and myself. Could you please share the ticket number with us so we can review the issue in its entirety?

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

This is a great service until you have a problem. There is no phone support (meaning they never answer and they have possibly the worst music ever by the way that just goes over and over). It's been 24 hours since my issue has put pop ups on all our iPhones every minute once every 10 seconds for every e-mail account on the phone and I've had no meaningful solution even hinted at.

Hi Tom;

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into issues with your email/hosting account. Do you have a ticket number that we could look at?

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I've been waiting for Custom NS for 18 hours. They're late for the tickets. Online support says, "We have updated the ticket". Another firm updates 10 min NS. How difficult it can be NS update. I cannot get any answers.

Hello;

Thank you for your review and feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Unfortunately we don't host those nameserver records and this is what caused a lot of these issues. Of course we could have met your support needs better and have extended you a hosting credit for your troubles.

Thanks again,

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

A2 Hosting has a very unfair way between the promises on the website and what you actually get. Their “ALL UNLIMITED” hosting is very limited, even than much cheaper other hosting servers. The worst and slowest support ever. Tickets are assigned only with date, WITHOUT hours and minute. Here is my experience in details. I opened a shared account with A2 Hosting ("SWIFT") which is one in the higher range of shared hosting. I transferred 4 small static websites from my ex-hosting and tried fifth. I couldn’t install the fifth one and spent the half day trying different ways. And then I wrote the first ticket. I WAS WAITING 10 HOURS ON RESPONSE which doesn’t explain me what to do: “We're seeing the Akeeba restore Kickstarters triggering the Disk IO Faults on the account. We have a limit of 2.4MB's Transfer rate on disk and the app is exceeding this.” I replied with a question what to do and wait again 10 hours.

I checked in the knowledge base about IO transfer speed 2.4mb’s, asked other hosting services and got answers that are “ridiculous”. Then I escalate this ticket in the sales department and finally got this answer that it was kind of error and they are not able to investigate further. They explained me with a sorry that sometimes it can be caused by running multiple services on the same account, as all of the sites there share the same resources limit. Now they show me exit door without clear explanation what is wrong. Disk size of all my websites were around 500MB. Sooo, that means their ALL unlimited service is, in fact, most limited-service I’ve ever used. For me, it is cheating on a low level. I spent almost two frustrating days for nothing. It is luck that I discovered so early and still have my websites on the old server. The third day I cancelled the account.

A2 Hosting response

I'm sorry to see you experienced some frustration while using our services. Our shared plans are container based with various limits in place to increase the stability of the server. The limits we have usually do not cause issues for normal site operation and are satisfactory for the majority of websites. Single accounts do have an overall limit though which can be reached from the total usage of all the domains you add. Generally a reseller account is better for managing multiple domains, which I can see our staff recommended for you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I needed a new web hosting provider and my IT personnel suggested A2. I've been using A2 for eight years and it's wonderful. They're responsive, answer my questions and go out of their way to help. However, their tier-level structure can be difficult sometimes. I usually don’t call unless I needed them to help and I have to go through a few tiers before I would verbally get advanced help. But if I submit a ticket, they respond to that accurately within the day. It's a different business that they're in so I understand the situation. If I didn’t, I might be frustrated. I also understand the world that we live in currently and it's difficult to address it all expediently.

Hi Brad;

I'm so glad to hear about your positive experience! We look forward to many more years of working together!

Thanks!

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Our web designer recommended A2 Hosting for our agency's website. Their support team has been very gracious. They answered my questions, took care of the issues and is very timely in helping.

Hi Bridgit;

Thank you for your review! Is there anything we can do to make your experience a 5-star one?

Thanks!

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I needed web hosting, and I was originally with GoDaddy. I needed newer versions of software, and at the time, A2 Hosting was one of the providers that had the most up-to-date software for the class of service I was looking for. A2 Hosting is much more personal than GoDaddy. But I wish that I would be upsold. When they do an update and another server becomes available, it would be nice if they would inform me. For example, they had come out with a newer version of PHP on different servers and there's no notice that migration was possible. Nevertheless, my experience with the A2 Hosting reps has been excellent. They have been willing to answer any of my questions.

Hi Bradley;

Thanks for the review! We'll do our best to keep you informed of new services available on our servers moving forward. Thanks again!

Kind Regards,

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I fired A2 Hosting for poor service after being a customer of theirs for 55 months. The reason I quit using A2. I received email notification on 10-16 that my email service was suspended due to a large volume of spam mail. Our company email account got hacked. I contacted A2 support when I received the notification. Support told me to clear out the fake emails, change the password, and they would remove the suspension. I did as they requested. I received confirmation they would lift the suspension. The next morning I didn't check my email because I was with a client. I get a call from my office tell me our email wasn’t working. My office has multiple (6-8) phone and email conversations with the A2 support team. They promised they would resolve the problem.

My office had to follow up numerous times because they weren’t honoring their commitment to fix our problem. I arrived back in the office on the morning of Oct 18th to discover our emails were still not working. I called and left a voicemail for the CEO, Bryan Muthig. Bryan did not return my call, but our email was working within an hour. There is a lack of consistent service at A2 because of the lack of ownership on some of the people on the support team; due to lack of training or really don’t care about the customer. I’ve had poor service experiences with their support team in the past, but I wasn't willing to take the time or make the investment to switch to another provider. This experience was the last straw. It cost my company time, money and the reputation with clients when we weren’t responding promptly. I have fired A2 because of poor service.

Hi David,

I am sorry to see that your account was hacked. Thanks for your feedback, I will review this matter with those involved to see how we can improve.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I own a web development company, so we build lots of sites for different clients. I have gone through a number of different hosting providers over the years and things change, requirements change, and technology changes. I initially tried A2 out just to see how it was but I ended up choosing them because I felt that they were approachable and they’re kind of local in a way. And when I call, I get a person and I know who I'm talking to.

I moved everything to A2 because of the quality of the hosting and the speed of the servers. The service support that they offer was really what kind of turned me. The product had to be good, but inevitably, there are problems and so I need to be able to reach out and talk to someone. I’ve known a number of their guys over the years. I used to work with one guy who's not there anymore and I really loved working with him. I have a lot of different clients I’ve hosted on their servers and I have several accounts with A2. I have a dedicated server and I have a BPS. When you have as much contact as I’ve had in the past, you just get to know people because you spend a lot of time on the phone with them.

The other thing that I always liked about working with the team was the tier 1 support that I worked with for the first couple of years, even late last year. They would help you solve problems that weren’t within the scope of maybe what they’re supposed to do. They would help me work through the WordPress issues that constantly come up. Whereas now, when I call, I get maybe some information about the problem and it’s more like, "Well, you need to go do this," instead of helping me get it done. It’s not my helpful neighbor anymore. When I’m in a client facing business, where I’m managing 65 websites for clients and some thing has come up out of the blue, I’m looking to solve the problem. It’s usually an emergency for somebody. But that being said, reliability seems to be steady. And the pain of switching is high, so I’m captive up to a point.

I’ve come close to leaving A2 in the last couple of years. I’ve had some concerns over their product reliability at this point to the extent that they had some serious issues over the last year with the power outage of the data centers. They don’t own their data centers, not even within their control, but nevertheless. They had two power outage situations that I can recall in the last year that shut everything down including the ability to contact them. That was not a good situation. But I met with one of their reps and I had a heart-to-heart with him a little bit about it. Since then, things really seemed to be reliable.

The support has migrated and they’ve had some change in personnel. So, that turnover makes me think a little bit about that because an important aspect of my relationship with A2 that has changed a little bit was the personal relationship. That was the value because everything could be going to crap, but if you got the people there that kinda walk you through it and talk about it, and ensure you can keep up with it, following up with things going on, then that makes up for a lot of crap. But I don’t feel like I have that anymore with them. I am testing other companies right now. It’s not about leaving A2, but it’s about diversifying my server base.

Other than that, I always recommend A2, but it depends on who for. Given my experience the last year, if you’ve got an enterprise level solution that can’t afford any hiccups, I’d have to think about that a little bit. But if it’s just a normal business website that if it goes down for an hour or two in the middle of the night and not matter, that’s fine.

Hi Benjamin;

Thanks for the support through the years and we do appreciate your kind words! You're right about the power outage too, which was completely unacceptable considering the backup power wasn't working. That's why we've been working to make our other data center options the default choice as well as review options to migrate services from that location.

If there's anything you need at all, please don't hesitate to ask! We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I’ve hosted many sites myself and I was looking to do a dedicated server so that I could put them all in one server and consolidate some of my spending so, I switched to A2. It has been three years since I created the account and I kinda got out of that industry and did something completely different. However, I have a few legacy accounts that I still manage and I'm kinda phasing them out. I got a few email support questions and A2 Hosting have always been quick to respond. I have recommended them to a co-worker of mine.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Proving very difficult to deal with. Last year a friend recommended this company for our web hosting. We had to stay with GoDaddy because it became so complicated to the point our web site went down. So I canceled the contract with A2 HOSTING and they after taking out charges out gave us a refund. THANK YOU. This year they inform me that my year is up I need to pay again. After many EMAILS to A2 Hosting saying I cancelled last year and warning them not to charge my card many times, yes they charged me, now a lengthy procedure to try and gain my funds back for sure. It's not the money that's important to me. It's the principle that after telling A2 Hosting I did not want their services anymore with plenty of warning they still took my money. I will not deal with them again just to let everyone know.

Hi Kevin;

I do apologize for the issue and the frustration! I reviewed the issue, so just to recap, we just need the pin number to your account so our team can confirm ownership of the account to cancel and refund the SSL. It looks like your password has been changed and sent to you so you can access the pin. Just send that back via your open ticket and they can get this handled for you.

A2 Hosting | Marketing Manager

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

A2 Hosting is my web hosting provider. My business is in Hanover, Michigan, and A2 is a Michigan based company. I've been using them for five years now. I've had some technical support interactions and they've been positive. They resolved my issues properly. A2 is great and I feel very comfortable working with their support team.

Hi Bobby;

Thanks for the great review! We've enjoyed working with you as well!

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I tried about a dozen different hosting companies and I had a problem with each one of them. Bluehost had a bad router and I was having to call them multiple times per day. I would tell their tech support to reboot the darn thing because my websites would all go down. It was happening often enough that I knew exactly what the problem was but they weren't replacing it so I left. A2 was the first one where I didn't have a problem so I stuck with them. I have also recommended them multiple times. They seemed to fit my needs the best. I'm on a reseller package, the standard one, and at this point, I've been an A2 Hosting customer for quite a few years.

Generally, they've been responsive whenever I've had a question. I migrated about two years ago to an updated server. It was a seamless process but I had a few customers who are hosting through me that were going directly to the old servers. So we had to troubleshoot that and get them fixed. But that wasn't a problem on the A2 side and it wasn't too much of an issue.

Hi Blaine;

Thank you for the review and we're glad that we're working better for you compared to your previous solutions. Let us know if you need anything to help improve your experience!

Thanks again,

Marketing Manager | A2 Hosting

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I run a small website design and hosting business. We had gone through a really bad experience with HostGator when they had an outage at one of their data centers where our servers were located so we started looking around. My business partner at the time had either read an article on A2 Hosting or had some recommendation from someone so we checked deeper into it and it looked like a good program.

For the most part, A2 has been really good to work with. The only part that's been frustrating for me is we have had some outage events where it seemed to take a really long time to get support because of the breadth of impact of the outage or we were in line behind a bunch of people to get support. But the last time that happened was about two years ago and I haven't had any events occur since then. At the same time, I've also reduced the number of my clients that I have on my A2 Hosting account and I'm in the process of moving off of A2 Hosting. But overall, the people I've worked with had been very knowledgeable, very helpful, and supportive. They've also been very accommodating. So, if anybody is looking for general hosting services, I would definitely recommend A2 to them.

A2 Hosting response

I'm glad to hear you have had a positive experience with us overall Art. However, we'd love to see if there's anything we can do to keep you with our service even though you're downsizing your business.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I needed a website to be hosted and I liked that A2 Hosting was local. I have been using them for four years and so far, the experience has been very good. I would recommend them.

A2 Hosting response

Awesome! Glad to hear it!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had a web video site and a wedding site. I was kinda doing that on the side. I was working with GoDaddy initially and I was having issues with them. Then, I was trying to build a website and the company I was looking with to build my initial website was tied in with A2 Hosting and I ended up with them. With A2 Hosting, as far as the domains go, everything is fine. I haven't actually been using none of my domain names, but I don't wanna lose them because they're good.

The thing I like about A2 is I can navigate around pretty simply around their webpage. I understood more of what I was getting for. Also, A2 Hosting continues and keeps me updated when I'm gonna lose a domain. They follow up with emails and they gave like a 100 chances to say, "Okay, you must not want this." I really like that because a lot of times, I get a lot of junk mail and I don't get it or it'll go into spam and it would just move for whatever reason. And with GoDaddy, I would go into default and it was a pain in the butt. The only reason I have my domain names is because of A2's persistence.

A2 Hosting response

Glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience with us so far!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Our web designer recommended A2 Hosting to us. We were unfamiliar with it so we took his lead. When we have concerns, we usually channel it through our webmaster because if we have an issue, he’ll be able to resolve the issue quicker speaking with their technical team. Aside from a credit card that was not expiring, we had a little glitch in the website where our software needed to be updated. Other than that, we also use A2 for our charity foundation's website. In closing, we had a smooth transition with A2 Hosting so we've stuck with them.

A2 Hosting response

Glad to hear the transition has been smooth!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

A2 Hosting is the best fit for our website. They quickly respond to our concerns. Their support team has been pleasant to work with and we’re happy with them. I would recommend them.

A2 Hosting response

Thank you very much for recommending us Anne!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have a little at home setup for some dogs that we have and we have some puppies available from time to time. I wanted to publish my website and A2 Hosting happened naturally as part of the Sandbox which is a web page design software that I was able to use. I’ve been using A2 for five years and it's been working just fine.

A2 Hosting response

Glad to hear that you've enjoyed your Sandbox Hosting experience with us! Thanks for the great review Anthony!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

One of our businesses was set up for the basic hosting by A2 Hosting and we haven't had any issues with the web service. It's 10 bucks a month and it's on auto withdrawal. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I wanted to set up a website that was independent of the university website, so I looked into web hosting providers. I did some research and selected an app that allowed me to make a relatively simple web page, and one of the suggested web providers of the company that I purchased that app through was A2 Hosting. I went with A2 and chose a basic package which was pretty much having my own web page.

When I first used A2, they were really useful because I was administering a couple of grants and their system allowed people to be able to access me very readily. It was much easier for both the students and the people that I was involved in, in the grants, to be able to access my information without having to go through the university system because the web page in my department is pathetic.

Afterwards, I started my own consulting company, so I was in the midst of redoing the web page recently. In order to be able to focus on that, I had a series of questions since I haven’t used A2 Hosting in a while. Their customer service people were fantastic and they answered my questions within 24 hours. I’m not a computer-savvy, techy person, so they were very good at providing information that I needed to set up the new web page and to configure it, and also to set up all of the things revolving around the new email.

Their system is user-friendly at the basic level, so I’m very appreciative of that. When you’re trying to go into all of the different kinds of applications that they support, it gets a little bit cumbersome, so I haven’t tried using some of the other applications that they support because it’s not very clear to me what works and what doesn’t. But for the purposes that I need, their system is absolutely fantastic and their customer support team is really helpful. I would definitely recommend A2 Hosting and I have already recommended them to other people.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

A2 was terrific. My web designer and manager chose them and I would tell others to look into them as well. When I called A2 to ask questions, their representatives were very helpful. They were perfect.

A2 Hosting response

If you decide to start a new website, we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

A2 was recommended to me by the guy who does my websites. They're good and I've been using them for about eight years now. The little bit of interaction I've had with them, they were fine and they answered the phone. They address the issue and it is usually fixed pretty quickly. So far, so good. I would recommend them.

A2 Hosting response

We're glad you've enjoyed our service for 8 years!

A2 Hosting Company Information