TXU  Energy

Texas

2.3/5 (394 ratings)

About TXU Energy

TXU Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I had been with TXU as a loyal customer for quite some time. Always paid my monthly bill in full and always early. I even promoted this company to family and friends. I renewed my contact with them in July 2022, and shortly thereafter I noticed what appeared to be overcharges on my bill going back several years. When I tried to address this issue with the company, I could get no one to communicate with me. So, I decided to switch electric providers because I had been told that there would be no early termination fee given my history with the company.

After I switch, TXU initially contacted me wanting to know if I had switch. I told them I had. They then tried to convince me to switch back, but I declined. Ever since then I have been subjected to a barrage of harassing phone calls and emails insisting that I pay them an early termination fee, despite the fact that they promised me when I renewed that there would be no fee. CLEARLY, THIS COMPANY DOES NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND NOR APPRECIATE THE VALUE OF GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Even if I am wrong, they would insist that my paying a $295.00 early termination fee is more important than the good reputation of the company name. JEERS TO YOU TXU.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Charged and required a $500 deposit to start my account because my credit report is frozen to prevent identity theft. After sending them the required documents, they had a supervisor say she would credit me back my $500 deposit. Now they refuse to give it back until after 12 months of payments. On top of that their free nights and weekends plan is a total scam. Never have I had such a huge increase in my energy bill, compared to other companies. The worst part is their customer service department. It is terrible!!!

Get buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I have been with TXU since 2015. Initially, the bill was affordable until recently when the bill continue to skyrocket. I try to manage my electricity consumption but consumption was reported by txu as being high. I am suspicious of what is going on. They have also enrolled me into the average monthly bill which means that my bill will be high even when I do not consume much energy. There is something wrong with txu's service in recent times. I used to like them but not anymore.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I am 8 year customers of Txu energy. Previous, I was very satisfied with TXU energy customer services. They always provide me a reasonable plan and give me an good advice about the new plan. Please run away immediately if you find the phone pickup is an Indian accent. I was charged an over $200 in 3 weeks for a house seldomly used in HVAC and other electric utility. When I called them to pay online, another Indian accent guy took my phone and finally I found that I paid over $280. I read reviews on website, and find that many customers complain that TXU energy steal money from customers. I don't know whether TXU energy no longer charge user with reasonable money. Please be very cautious of TXU energy if you need to open a new account. Their service people are really bad.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Had TXU for a single month, they were so awful. Advertised one price, real price was in fine print, 50% higher. They jack up prices to cancel out any “free” time you signed up for. Cancelled, was told what final payment was, paid, 0 balance shown online, and 3 days later get charged again for days they “forgot” to tell me weren’t included in the “final payment”. TXU sucks and I hope they go out of business. Don’t waste your sanity on them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

This company is stealing money from us. Before I used to use around 800kw and since i switch to this company it went to almost 3000kw. I have solar panels and my electricity bill is 325 because they gave me a credit of 69 dollars. I called them like ten times to explain me why are they charging me that much since I have solar panels but they keep telling me that I used a lot of electricity at night and the only thing that is on at night is the AC and I always have it at 75 degrees. I think they are selling me my own electricity because on the electricity bill doesn’t say nothing about how many kilowatts they deduct from the solar panels. Can please someone explain me how this works. I have no experience with solar and that's why they are taking advantage of me. By the way I’m switching companies.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

How can you go from never in 30 years going above 500 kwh in a month to triple that practically overnight? I have 1 energy efficient window unit cooling 250 ft plus have an energy efficient a refrigerator. Lights are rarely on & I don't cook much in the warmer mos. How is my bill over $230 for a month? Is it the smart meter? My bill has been going up and up. It was quadruple my normal June bill then another $100 on top on that for July & it's going up again in Aug even though I haven't changed anything. It's just too much. Why do they get to go from .10 kwh to 22 kwh? I'm on a plan. Why do they get to charge more per khw if you use LESS electricity? THEN charge you a higher rate when you go over your normal less than 500 kwhs. And why do they get have so many (complicated) plans? Class action.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

All was great when I looked at the site and saw prices, I signed up and it said bills for this place run 175.00 then I get a bill (my first bill) for nearly 500.00?!? Are you kidding me? Customer service won't answer and when they do, I'm talked to like I'm a child that doesn't know what I read.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I called regarding my statement because there was many confusions with me having switched my account to my new location. The representative by the name of Emi was very rude and disrespectful and wouldn’t give me a chance to explain anything and kept on speaking over me. She kept insisting I still owed money on my old account from my previous address and it had rolled over to my new account. I tried explain again and she was being stubborn and doing the same thing again. I told her I no longer wanted to speak to her. I asked her if there was a manager or supervisor I can speak to. She continues to argue and I explain to her again I didn’t want to speak to her anymore and to stop being rude. Arguing again of course and said, "Hold on I’ll transfer you."

When I realized she wasn’t gonna come back or transfer me and left me on hold, I contacted customer service again from another phone and spoke with Mario. He was amazing, explained everything to me and no it didn’t have anything to do with my old account. That account was paid and closed. TXU forgot to send me the last month statement due to a billing delay. I thanked Mario for and proceeded with making my payment. I then asked him if I could still talk to a manager to issue my complaint regarding Emi. I was transfer in less than 5 mins!!! I got to speak to the manager Melvin and he sincerely apologized on her behalf. He just couldn’t believe I was still on hold with Emi while all this is going on. I was on hold with her for 1hr and 49mins.

After explaining what happen he assured me that they will use the recording for future ways to handle these types of problems as a learning experience for them and employees. I’m so happy and grateful for people like Mario and Melvin. Keep doing what you're doing. Y’all awesome! And for Emi I really hope she gets some more training and realize we are real customers with lives and every day trying to make thing better not worse just like her.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Stay away from this company, they bill miscellaneous items with no description. Such as 148.00 what is misc, that amount. Astronomical prices, I had the free nights and solar days. My bill was still high. I went with another company. Then they are calling about a bill that has been paid for. Now I need to watch to see if they will attempt to place this on my credit.

TXU Energy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Texas Energy is one of the most popular energy companies in the state. They offer more power to Texans than any other provider within the state.

• Business and residential: TXU services both business and residential customers and also provides helpful services and business incentives.

• Eco-friendly: TXU has many eco-friendly plans available that allow consumers to sign up for electricity while reducing environmental harm.

• Versatile services: They have the ability to work with companies both large and small and provide services to a versatile profile of businesses.

• Customer service: There is often a lot of red tape at TXU to get through before a consumer is able to actually speak to a customer service representative.

• Service: Because the company serves so many customers, it can take a long time for customers to have their needs serviced.

TXU Energy Company Information