TXU Energy

Texas

TXU  Energy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

TXU Energy Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I closed my account on November to make sure that it does not renew in January. These ** are still taking money from my account even though I got the cancellation notice. They also do a bait and switch on you when you have your services.

TXU Energy response

Rose - Let's review your account details together to see what has happened. Please email your account/contact info to TXUECares@txu.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I switched over the weekend to a new company. On Monday, I received a threatening and condescending call from a TXU rep trying to convince me to stay to no avail. He never, for one moment apologized or tried to make things right. Instead he said I was being suckered into switching and that I was going to regret switching. He also made it very clear I was under contract and that I would be heavily penalized if I switched. I was being treated like I was not a customer, but like they were doing ME a favor for ME paying high electricity rates. After a while he rudely hung up on me after 10 min back and forth.

Before he hung up I asked the rep if he was willing to make up for me paying too much in the past, he literally said "are you serious?" Now, I don't know if the new company will be any better, but regardless, very unprofessional way to treat a (former) customer. Also, the 'other company' has 5 star review rating on Google with over 3,000 reviews. TXU on the other hand... I was paying 14 cents per KWh. I read a few comments stating TXU will charge a higher rate on the final bill. We'll see. I will update my review when I get my final bill.

TXU Energy response

We're sad about your decision to switch, and that the follow up call was not the best experience we could give. We'd like the opportunity to look into what happened. Please consider emailing your account and contact info to TXUECares@txu.com and we'll reach out to you.

Get expert buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

TXU keeps raising my bill monthly. I switched plans thinking it would lower my bill as stated. I am currently being charged almost $600 a month even though no one is even home during the day. I called to speak customer service to see why and all I got was a rude, non American Middle Easterner. I am currently checking other providers to get clear and free from money hungry TXU.

TXU Energy response

Your experience with TXU Energy and your feedback means a lot. Let's take a close look at your account together to see what is going on. Please email your account and contact into to TXUECares@txu.com and we'll give you a call.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I moved here from Florida a regulated State for electricity. I didn't know there were options in my area. We received a $184.00 bill for less than a 1000 kilowatts. We realized they were charging over 18.5 cents per kilowatt. We found another provider @ 11.9 cents per kilowatt. Savings of $63.00 on just one bill. We switched and TXU billed us 23.9cents on our final bill. TXU is by far the highest provider of electricity period. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We purchased a home and set up service with a different company. The previous homeowners transferred their service with TXU to their new address. So, TXU transferred my account from the service provider I selected. After receiving and paying my first bill, I was notified that I had cancelled my account. I did not. TXU put my property on the previous owner's bill and cancelled my service. They refused to fix their error and said I needed to reapply with my company of choice and pay the previous owners personally until the account was transferred back to my provider of choice. They told the previous owners this would be "easiest". TXU refused to correct their error. I contacted Public Utility Commission of Texas. They advised me that the problem needs to be corrected by TXU.

The commission filed a complaint on my behalf. The previous homeowners are also filing a complaint, as TXU advised them they are financially responsible... for TXU's error. What a mess! The representatives at TXU were the rudest people I have ever dealt with. Steer clear of this company. They are careless and non responsive to correcting problems. TXU rep straight up admitted it was their mistake, but would do nothing to correct the situation. Don't get tied up with this company!!! They are rude and lazy liars that shirk all responsibility for their errors.

TXU Energy response

Jeri - Your experience is important to us. Please email your contact info to TXUECares@txu.com so we can further assist you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Your pocketbook will live to regret it. Use the comparepower.com site to find a utility provider that works best for you. And it is NOT TXU. They may tell you that your bill will be around "X", but it will turn out to be "Y & Z". I had service with TXU for 26 days and my two bills (2) totaled $250.54. I live alone and don't waste energy. When I called TXU they were so rude and condescending. There are better options, affordable options. I am using JustEnergy and my bill averages $145/month.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I accidentally overpaid my light bill by over $1000. After calling TXU, And being assured I would have a refund within 10 days, It’s now over 30 days later no one can tell me the truth. Everybody has given me a different story and I have no refund. I wouldn’t recommend this company to my dog. As soon as I get my refund I’m dropping them because they cannot be honest.

TXU Energy response

Your experience is important to us. Please email your account/contact info to TXUECares@txu.com and we will contact you right away.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

TXU has been my power provider since 2015. I am pleased with their exceptional customer service, bills, and quality of electric power. Yes, I have been disgruntled for a few times, but before I hang up the phone, their well-trained customer service reps will make sure my issues were addressed. I have tried Just energy and others, but I have never been satisfied with them like I am with TXU.

TXU Energy response

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and value your continued business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Highest bill I have ever received! And I have never received such a high bill. I switched thinking It would be cheaper with The "Free Pass Savings" but I was wrong. I received my first two bills within a week of each other. I noticed that the second one was the highest I have ever received. I also notice the TDU fees were more than I have ever received and I don't understand why. I got no answers as to why. Instead I was given the option to change plans at an even higher cost of course. I still have no way to pay for these outrageous bills. DO not use TXU. I believe they are padding these bills with higher readings and higher fees. I believe they set it up to charge late fees and cancellation fees.

Original review: July 17, 2019

This company absolutely does everything they possibly can to weasel more money out of you. They do what they are supposed to in the beginning, then start sneaking in price increases. Then they put you on a different plan after you complain about the high prices. That plan is supposed to put you around 170$ a month year round. The price is supposed to be consistent month in month out at 170. Only got under 250 twice in a year. Then they send you a bill saying you owe nothing because they have been overcharging you and you received a credit that covered this month's bill, just to get a double bill next month and a past due notice on the last month's bill that you supposedly didn't owe anything on.

After 10+ years of this type crap you get tired of it and look for the second service provider you have ever had in your life, they have the audacity to throw $198.72 miscellaneous charges on your last bill for the last two days of service before you fired them due to some kind of magical lawyer fine print on the contract they moved you to in order to “save” you money. They are crooked as a river. Seek service elsewhere.

Not sure about TXU Energy?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Texas Electricity Companies for you.

TXU Energy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Texas Energy is one of the most popular energy companies in the state. They offer more power to Texans than any other provider within the state.

• Business and residential: TXU services both business and residential customers and also provides helpful services and business incentives.

• Eco-friendly: TXU has many eco-friendly plans available that allow consumers to sign up for electricity while reducing environmental harm.

• Versatile services: They have the ability to work with companies both large and small and provide services to a versatile profile of businesses.

• Customer service: There is often a lot of red tape at TXU to get through before a consumer is able to actually speak to a customer service representative.

• Service: Because the company serves so many customers, it can take a long time for customers to have their needs serviced.

• Best for: Residential customers, small businesses, midsize and big businesses

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team