TXU  Energy

Texas

3.7/5 (94 ratings)

About TXU Energy

TXU Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?

Original review: May 2, 2022

Stay away from this company, they bill miscellaneous items with no description. Such as 148.00 what is misc, that amount. Astronomical prices, I had the free nights and solar days. My bill was still high. I went with another company. Then they are calling about a bill that has been paid for. Now I need to watch to see if they will attempt to place this on my credit.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

My electric bill is insane. I have been so careful in not using a lot of electricity lately and my bill went higher! I live in an apartment and it usually is around 60 dollars. My latest bill is 90 dollars. I have been practically living in the dark not using much light. I kept my thermostat on 68 degrees during the ice storm. I turned down my cooling in the refrigerator and I have even been unplugging things like the microwave. I know appliances plugged in all of the time can use up some electricity, so I thought I was doing a good thing and I was so proud of myself. My jaw dropped when opening my latest electric bill. I am already struggling with my finances and this is so not right!. Explain to me please how my bill is now higher when I have been so careful!

Get buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I want to know how I keep getting a bill for over $300 when I live in an 850 Sq ft, one bedroom apt alone. I am gone from 6am to 6:30 pm. My A/C has been off for 3 weeks. I wash 2 loads of clothes once a week and don't use my oven. I'm on a plan where I'm not charged from 8pm to 5am. I've been told, by TXU, that there is usage during the day. How? No one is there for 12 hours. I've asked to have the meter calibrated. They won't do it because it's a smart reader. WTH?? They keep telling me the same thing "the a/c and ending summer months are the cause". Even though I have not turned it on in 3 weeks. Unbelievable. Did someone mention a lawsuit??

Original review: May 28, 2021

On May 7, 2021 TXU Energy placed a chargeoff on my credit claiming that I had an account with their company. I have never resided in Texas nor have I ever given anyone permission to obtain utilities in my name. According to the entry on my credit report, it states that the account was opened in October of 2020 and charged off in April of 2021. I researched the address where the alleged service was located ant it was in a trailer park in Texas. The company admitted they do not check to see if the person who is starting services is indeed the person they are claiming to be. I reported it as fraud and they said they will need to investigate?? However, they did not investigate when they allowed someone to open an account without proof of identification open an account in my name??? Further, it caused my score to drop 111 points and I am trying to close on a home. Not very professional! Beware. This company is not ethical!

Original review: April 11, 2021

I Have proof how they are stealing and How they are camouflaging what they are stealing. It's not just just the usage (kwh). It goes deeper. And I have figured out how they are doing it. They're providing all the information required by law to cover what's required of them. So people don't dive deeper... Just think of the government as Magicians... like David Copperfield... Make something there disappear... Well TXU wants you to see it, but their magic act is to think the middle class and lower class are too stupid to SEE IT!! It's not that we are stupid, but most of us like myself before get tired of customer service and give in. Not this time and not me I'm going to keep paying the $300-600 bills but TXU you are about to pay me back and every other customer you have stolen from!!!

Original review: April 3, 2021

Like so many other customers has complained about I too have been a victim of TXU. I have paid unbelievable charge. My last meter read was 1550 equaling a $221.00 after the installation of the "smart meter" was installed. My usage has tripled. I averaged 500 - 700 Kilowatt usage a month. I am literally sick with them. Someone mentioned a Lawsuit against TXU, I'm all in if we can get a Class action started. I want my money back and help to protect other consumers from getting ripped off by this company. Why is Texas allowing this to go on?

Original review: March 15, 2021

I have been a loyal customer for over 6 yrs & it will All come to an end this week! TXU keeps changing actual readings on paid bills, adding to current bill. PUC doesn't care. They made several mistakes, keep changing my smart meter actual readings (3 times on 3 past bills, 2 times on 2 past bills & charged double on invoice, my dashboard daily usage/cost shows correct info, but doesn't matter). How can any customer trust the invoice, if TXU can change any information, any time, as many times, after paying & get by with this? I live in an apartment, Centerpoint replaced smart meter on same day I move in. The old Meter ID was on 2 future invoices, stating Actual readings, changes several times. Crooks! Liars! Thieves! Surprising, it's ok with PUC! It's Not OK with me! I don't like Corporate Bullies & Small Claims Court, "Here I Come". See you in Court TXU! Keep your apology after my review, you had your chance! Wrong Customer to Bully!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I moved to Texas 3 years ago and got TXU. In the beginning it was ok, but after the second year, I started getting unbelievable high bills. Is just me and my 2 small children in the house. We spend over 8 hrs out of the house, and we have free nights starting at 8 PM and ending at 5 am. My light bill has been well over $180. I just got my December bill, and it totaled $302. I don't know how this company gets away with this. I hope I had read the reviews before I got in this contract. I called a few months ago to discuss the bill and they said they were going to send someone to check the meter. No one came. I really hope one day this company pays for all the money that they wrongfully take from hard working people. If you are considering TXU, at least compare with other companies before you commit.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

DO NOT USE TXU ENERGY. They are the bitter ex girlfriend/boyfriend after a break up. I switched to Green Mountain Energy because I like their Solar program better. TXU charged me a $395 dollar early termination fee. I was with them for 4 months. TXU called and asked me to stay. Saying even if I choose to leave they won't charge me because "we do not want you to leave with a bitter taste in your mouth about TXU." That was a lie. Even after they listened to the recorded phone call. TXU solar program is complicated and confusing. Green Mountain helped me with $150 of the termination fee and said they Do Not charge a fee.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

The worst energy company ever. Lived in Texas for last 47 years and this company is everything but truthful about what they charge, or what they promised to charge when the bill arrives. Had to to complain so many times and wasted so much of my time to get the bill straighten up, but no luck. Need to look another for another provider like reliant energy which make their own electricity, and not a distribution center like TXU who buy the electricity from providers and seek it to consumers. Beware of them.

TXU Energy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Texas Energy is one of the most popular energy companies in the state. They offer more power to Texans than any other provider within the state.

• Business and residential: TXU services both business and residential customers and also provides helpful services and business incentives.

• Eco-friendly: TXU has many eco-friendly plans available that allow consumers to sign up for electricity while reducing environmental harm.

• Versatile services: They have the ability to work with companies both large and small and provide services to a versatile profile of businesses.

• Customer service: There is often a lot of red tape at TXU to get through before a consumer is able to actually speak to a customer service representative.

• Service: Because the company serves so many customers, it can take a long time for customers to have their needs serviced.

TXU Energy Company Information