TXU  Energy

Texas

2.4/5 (391 ratings)

About TXU Energy

TXU Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I am 8 year customers of Txu energy. Previous, I was very satisfied with TXU energy customer services. They always provide me a reasonable plan and give me an good advice about the new plan. Please run away immediately if you find the phone pickup is an Indian accent. I was charged an over $200 in 3 weeks for a house seldomly used in HVAC and other electric utility. When I called them to pay online, another Indian accent guy took my phone and finally I found that I paid over $280. I read reviews on website, and find that many customers complain that TXU energy steal money from customers. I don't know whether TXU energy no longer charge user with reasonable money. Please be very cautious of TXU energy if you need to open a new account. Their service people are really bad.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Had TXU for a single month, they were so awful. Advertised one price, real price was in fine print, 50% higher. They jack up prices to cancel out any “free” time you signed up for. Cancelled, was told what final payment was, paid, 0 balance shown online, and 3 days later get charged again for days they “forgot” to tell me weren’t included in the “final payment”. TXU sucks and I hope they go out of business. Don’t waste your sanity on them.

Get buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

This company is stealing money from us. Before I used to use around 800kw and since i switch to this company it went to almost 3000kw. I have solar panels and my electricity bill is 325 because they gave me a credit of 69 dollars. I called them like ten times to explain me why are they charging me that much since I have solar panels but they keep telling me that I used a lot of electricity at night and the only thing that is on at night is the AC and I always have it at 75 degrees. I think they are selling me my own electricity because on the electricity bill doesn’t say nothing about how many kilowatts they deduct from the solar panels. Can please someone explain me how this works. I have no experience with solar and that's why they are taking advantage of me. By the way I’m switching companies.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

How can you go from never in 30 years going above 500 kwh in a month to triple that practically overnight? I have 1 energy efficient window unit cooling 250 ft plus have an energy efficient a refrigerator. Lights are rarely on & I don't cook much in the warmer mos. How is my bill over $230 for a month? Is it the smart meter? My bill has been going up and up. It was quadruple my normal June bill then another $100 on top on that for July & it's going up again in Aug even though I haven't changed anything. It's just too much. Why do they get to go from .10 kwh to 22 kwh? I'm on a plan. Why do they get to charge more per khw if you use LESS electricity? THEN charge you a higher rate when you go over your normal less than 500 kwhs. And why do they get have so many (complicated) plans? Class action.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

All was great when I looked at the site and saw prices, I signed up and it said bills for this place run 175.00 then I get a bill (my first bill) for nearly 500.00?!? Are you kidding me? Customer service won't answer and when they do, I'm talked to like I'm a child that doesn't know what I read.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I called regarding my statement because there was many confusions with me having switched my account to my new location. The representative by the name of Emi was very rude and disrespectful and wouldn’t give me a chance to explain anything and kept on speaking over me. She kept insisting I still owed money on my old account from my previous address and it had rolled over to my new account. I tried explain again and she was being stubborn and doing the same thing again. I told her I no longer wanted to speak to her. I asked her if there was a manager or supervisor I can speak to. She continues to argue and I explain to her again I didn’t want to speak to her anymore and to stop being rude. Arguing again of course and said, "Hold on I’ll transfer you."

When I realized she wasn’t gonna come back or transfer me and left me on hold, I contacted customer service again from another phone and spoke with Mario. He was amazing, explained everything to me and no it didn’t have anything to do with my old account. That account was paid and closed. TXU forgot to send me the last month statement due to a billing delay. I thanked Mario for and proceeded with making my payment. I then asked him if I could still talk to a manager to issue my complaint regarding Emi. I was transfer in less than 5 mins!!! I got to speak to the manager Melvin and he sincerely apologized on her behalf. He just couldn’t believe I was still on hold with Emi while all this is going on. I was on hold with her for 1hr and 49mins.

After explaining what happen he assured me that they will use the recording for future ways to handle these types of problems as a learning experience for them and employees. I’m so happy and grateful for people like Mario and Melvin. Keep doing what you're doing. Y’all awesome! And for Emi I really hope she gets some more training and realize we are real customers with lives and every day trying to make thing better not worse just like her.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Stay away from this company, they bill miscellaneous items with no description. Such as 148.00 what is misc, that amount. Astronomical prices, I had the free nights and solar days. My bill was still high. I went with another company. Then they are calling about a bill that has been paid for. Now I need to watch to see if they will attempt to place this on my credit.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

My electric bill is insane. I have been so careful in not using a lot of electricity lately and my bill went higher! I live in an apartment and it usually is around 60 dollars. My latest bill is 90 dollars. I have been practically living in the dark not using much light. I kept my thermostat on 68 degrees during the ice storm. I turned down my cooling in the refrigerator and I have even been unplugging things like the microwave. I know appliances plugged in all of the time can use up some electricity, so I thought I was doing a good thing and I was so proud of myself. My jaw dropped when opening my latest electric bill. I am already struggling with my finances and this is so not right!. Explain to me please how my bill is now higher when I have been so careful!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I want to know how I keep getting a bill for over $300 when I live in an 850 Sq ft, one bedroom apt alone. I am gone from 6am to 6:30 pm. My A/C has been off for 3 weeks. I wash 2 loads of clothes once a week and don't use my oven. I'm on a plan where I'm not charged from 8pm to 5am. I've been told, by TXU, that there is usage during the day. How? No one is there for 12 hours. I've asked to have the meter calibrated. They won't do it because it's a smart reader. WTH?? They keep telling me the same thing "the a/c and ending summer months are the cause". Even though I have not turned it on in 3 weeks. Unbelievable. Did someone mention a lawsuit??

Original review: May 28, 2021

On May 7, 2021 TXU Energy placed a chargeoff on my credit claiming that I had an account with their company. I have never resided in Texas nor have I ever given anyone permission to obtain utilities in my name. According to the entry on my credit report, it states that the account was opened in October of 2020 and charged off in April of 2021. I researched the address where the alleged service was located ant it was in a trailer park in Texas. The company admitted they do not check to see if the person who is starting services is indeed the person they are claiming to be. I reported it as fraud and they said they will need to investigate?? However, they did not investigate when they allowed someone to open an account without proof of identification open an account in my name??? Further, it caused my score to drop 111 points and I am trying to close on a home. Not very professional! Beware. This company is not ethical!

TXU Energy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Texas Energy is one of the most popular energy companies in the state. They offer more power to Texans than any other provider within the state.

• Business and residential: TXU services both business and residential customers and also provides helpful services and business incentives.

• Eco-friendly: TXU has many eco-friendly plans available that allow consumers to sign up for electricity while reducing environmental harm.

• Versatile services: They have the ability to work with companies both large and small and provide services to a versatile profile of businesses.

• Customer service: There is often a lot of red tape at TXU to get through before a consumer is able to actually speak to a customer service representative.

• Service: Because the company serves so many customers, it can take a long time for customers to have their needs serviced.

TXU Energy Company Information