TXU Energy

• 0%
  • 2%
  • 19%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Selecting an electricity plan in Texas is not a simple straightforward process. With dozens of companies offering many plans, choosing the right one is very time-consuming. TXU offers a live agent to assist customers. However, too much info makes selecting a plan a frustrating exercise. With two years of service from TXU, I was hoping for a better analysis of past usage and a customized solution for my specific case. I would suggest that they employ AI Bots to clearly state offers logically and concisely that could be handed off to live agents only if needed.

Reviewed April 9, 2024

Ricardo helped me and showed me an even better plan than I had picked. TXU and their customer service reps are great and Ricardo exemplified that today!! I have always received great service. However, some of those fly by night places might offer lower rates, but when they have received those 10000 dollar bills mine went up 20 bucks. That's why I have been a TXU customer for 20 plus years!!

Get buying tips about Texas Electricity Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

StaffProcess

Reviewed April 1, 2024

I needed to change my rate plan with TXU, I had let my last plan expire, and decided to use the chat option. I was helped by Allan ** and he made it an extremely easy process. By using this option I was able to get on a rate plan that did not automatically pull up for me when I was looking to change plans on my account. And it will significantly lower my bill. I had a lot of questions and he answered all of them. Whether he is a real person, or just AI, it was a really good and pain-free experience.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed March 8, 2024

I like that I was able to chat online and not have to wait on hold for a while. The person helping me was very quick and knowledgeable. The renewal was easy and not stressful. It appears that I may be saving money this next 12 months based on the information provided. I am thankful that TXU provides the chat line and people to review my usage and offer suggestions based on my usage.

Online & App

Reviewed March 4, 2024

Allen C. was very helpful on the Chat in getting me the best service plan for my renewal! He found me a plan that was best suited to my needs that wasn't listed on the website for plan renewals. If your plan is up for renewal I recommend calling or using the Chat to talk to them because as I found out they have plans that aren't listed on the website!! And you can get a better deal that way!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2024

My daughter has TXU and let me just say she’s in a 1 bed apt and her bill has been $300 a month, she has a disabled child on a breathing machine and our ** tribe has been paying her electric. TXU has a horrible intake dept, the tribe sends the payment out and it takes TXU 21-30 days to process the check and place it on the account. It shouldn’t even take that long so she has to call every month to make sure they help her with an extension so that THEY CAN GET THEIR STUFF TOGETHER AND PLACE THE MONEY ON THE ACCOUNT!! With that being said the representatives all told my daughter she has to pay $100 for an extension because their team takes 21-30 days to process a check from an agency to my account. This company doesn’t care at all that there’s a child on a breathing machine. We will be changing companies as soon as they get paid off.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

I am very satisfied with the chat-based conversation with a TXU agent. He went through my usage details, answered my questions, and finally provided me with a product that fits best to my usage habit. TXU has great customer service.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

This company is a ripped off. Don't purchase Night and Day plan. I moved out of my house and shut off all HVAC but still got charge over $200 per month for day energy usage. I called TXU multiple time to complain but got do nothing and send the bill to my old address. Two months later they reported my bill to credit report. My credit was excellent over 800 score and brought down to 600. I called them and they tricked me to pay off the balance and write me a letter but they never did. My credit is now damaged and prevent me to obtain the mortgage at excellent rate. HORRIBLE COMPANY... My suggestion, never gave them your social security. I suggest you create an llc and EIN number and give them that number. Their executive office is another especially the rep name Nikia and her extension **. She promised to review and call back next day and never did.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 29, 2024

I asked question in live chat about programs, and spoke to Ricardo, who was very helpful and knowledgeable about their products. The whole experience was pleasant, for a change, when it comes to such services. We were able to get the product we wanted and it was an easy process.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 21, 2024

I hate the service. You can NEVER actually speak to someone and when you finally get someone on the phone you might as well have spoken to the automated system. I hate it. It is aggravating that you cannot just simply call a number and speak to someone. All the promos and things offered quickly disappear. I Just wish there was another option.

TXU Energy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Texas Energy is one of the most popular energy companies in the state. They offer more power to Texans than any other provider within the state.

• Business and residential: TXU services both business and residential customers and also provides helpful services and business incentives.

• Eco-friendly: TXU has many eco-friendly plans available that allow consumers to sign up for electricity while reducing environmental harm.

• Versatile services: They have the ability to work with companies both large and small and provide services to a versatile profile of businesses.

• Customer service: There is often a lot of red tape at TXU to get through before a consumer is able to actually speak to a customer service representative.

• Service: Because the company serves so many customers, it can take a long time for customers to have their needs serviced.

TXU Energy Company Information