TXU Energy

TXU  Energy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

TXU Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about TXU Energy?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We purchased a home and set up service with a different company. The previous homeowners transferred their service with TXU to their new address. So, TXU transferred my account from the service provider I selected. After receiving and paying my first bill, I was notified that I had cancelled my account. I did not. TXU put my property on the previous owner's bill and cancelled my service. They refused to fix their error and said I needed to reapply with my company of choice and pay the previous owners personally until the account was transferred back to my provider of choice. They told the previous owners this would be "easiest". TXU refused to correct their error. I contacted Public Utility Commission of Texas. They advised me that the problem needs to be corrected by TXU.

The commission filed a complaint on my behalf. The previous homeowners are also filing a complaint, as TXU advised them they are financially responsible... for TXU's error. What a mess! The representatives at TXU were the rudest people I have ever dealt with. Steer clear of this company. They are careless and non responsive to correcting problems. TXU rep straight up admitted it was their mistake, but would do nothing to correct the situation. Don't get tied up with this company!!! They are rude and lazy liars that shirk all responsibility for their errors.

TXU Energy response

Jeri - Your experience is important to us. Please email your contact info to TXUECares@txu.com so we can further assist you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Your pocketbook will live to regret it. Use the comparepower.com site to find a utility provider that works best for you. And it is NOT TXU. They may tell you that your bill will be around "X", but it will turn out to be "Y & Z". I had service with TXU for 26 days and my two bills (2) totaled $250.54. I live alone and don't waste energy. When I called TXU they were so rude and condescending. There are better options, affordable options. I am using JustEnergy and my bill averages $145/month.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I accidentally overpaid my light bill by over $1000. After calling TXU, And being assured I would have a refund within 10 days, It’s now over 30 days later no one can tell me the truth. Everybody has given me a different story and I have no refund. I wouldn’t recommend this company to my dog. As soon as I get my refund I’m dropping them because they cannot be honest.

TXU Energy response

Your experience is important to us. Please email your account/contact info to TXUECares@txu.com and we will contact you right away.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

TXU has been my power provider since 2015. I am pleased with their exceptional customer service, bills, and quality of electric power. Yes, I have been disgruntled for a few times, but before I hang up the phone, their well-trained customer service reps will make sure my issues were addressed. I have tried Just energy and others, but I have never been satisfied with them like I am with TXU.

TXU Energy response

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and value your continued business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Highest bill I have ever received! And I have never received such a high bill. I switched thinking It would be cheaper with The "Free Pass Savings" but I was wrong. I received my first two bills within a week of each other. I noticed that the second one was the highest I have ever received. I also notice the TDU fees were more than I have ever received and I don't understand why. I got no answers as to why. Instead I was given the option to change plans at an even higher cost of course. I still have no way to pay for these outrageous bills. DO not use TXU. I believe they are padding these bills with higher readings and higher fees. I believe they set it up to charge late fees and cancellation fees.

Original review: July 17, 2019

This company absolutely does everything they possibly can to weasel more money out of you. They do what they are supposed to in the beginning, then start sneaking in price increases. Then they put you on a different plan after you complain about the high prices. That plan is supposed to put you around 170$ a month year round. The price is supposed to be consistent month in month out at 170. Only got under 250 twice in a year. Then they send you a bill saying you owe nothing because they have been overcharging you and you received a credit that covered this month's bill, just to get a double bill next month and a past due notice on the last month's bill that you supposedly didn't owe anything on.

After 10+ years of this type crap you get tired of it and look for the second service provider you have ever had in your life, they have the audacity to throw $198.72 miscellaneous charges on your last bill for the last two days of service before you fired them due to some kind of magical lawyer fine print on the contract they moved you to in order to “save” you money. They are crooked as a river. Seek service elsewhere.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I have been a TXU customer for years. I have used them for multiple residences. My fiance and I moved to our new house in April of 2019. I had asked them to keep the electricity on until a certain date so that we could go clean the apartment after we emptied it, which they did. After the electricity was cut off, the electricity to my new house was cut off shortly after.

I anxiously called customer service to see what was going on because I have small children and animals at home and the summers in Texas reach 110 outside. The service representative explained to me that they have notes that say I ordered them to turn off my house's electricity, not my apartment. I said that's incorrect and I need my service back on. He said that the company refuses to turn it back on unless I pay another deposit and that they will need to listen to all of my previous phone calls because the notes insinuate that I am lying. I asked him to then cancel my service because I am disgusted at the way he was speaking to me and he said that's fine he will.

So now... in July of 2019 I have received a bill over $400. I call and ask why am I still being billed for services? The girl on the phone states I still have an active account and there is high electricity usage at my old apartment. The right thing of course for a company to do, would of course be to review the notes, see that this is not electricity that I used because I requested cancellation on a recorded call. But of course that's not what will ever happen. I owe TXU Energy (a company that I highly recommended and used for my family for years) hundreds of dollars. This company has terrible customer service and the way they have treated my family is outrageous. I will never use them again. Anytime someone says they are considering TXU I tell them NO! They are absolutely the worst company I have ever done business with.

Original review: March 30, 2019

They cancel my plan a month before it end and charge me 150 cancellation fee. When I called they said, "Sign a new contract to remove the fee," which is before TXU my bills was between 60 to 140. With TXU minimum bill was 160. I’ll not recommend anybody to deal with this company. I’ll stay without light. Better than be TXU Energy customer.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My bill kept getting higher and higher even though I'm gone 8 hours a day so no one is home and everything is off. Looking at my bill I discovered I had gone up to .17 cents a kilowatt so it's time to change. I found another company and received my final bill and because it was so large I paid only half. That came out of my account March 1st, 2019. March 7th I received a letter saying they were sending me to a collection agency! I couldn't believe it! All these years with this company with payments made on time. I truly felt stabbed in the back! Well, they will surely get their money but it wasn't necessary to treat an old lady like that to get it. Shame on you TXU.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I was been with this company for more than 3 years. When I plan to move to another apartment everything collapse. I called and told the agent about my intention and request electronically transfer. When he checked he couldn't find the app in their system. Obviously he understood Am moving. Instead of shut down the power he kept it running. Now they are sending me a bill for the month of February. When I called and talk to everyone around the world, they came with an excuse that I should tell the agent clearly am canceling my contract. Shame on you TXU. It's not the money, it's the principle and the reputation.

TXU Energy Company Information