2. Homeowners

Florida

2.1/5 (353 ratings)

About SunPass Prepaid Toll Program

SunPass Prepaid Toll Program Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPass Prepaid Toll Program?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPass Prepaid Toll Program?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

SunPass is the worst company in existence. The website is impossible to navigate. I have called and tried to log in several times to change my address but they are still, after 4 years of living in Florida, send invoices to an address in Iowa that I've never lived at. You cannot get in touch with a customer representative ever. I cannot understand how a company that runs so poorly, still be the only option.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I downloaded the app and loaded my rental car info. At no time was I told that my transponder would not work with EZpass. I noticed there was no "bink" when I went through a toll plaza, so I started paying cash where cash was an option. Good thing I did. I contacted Sunpass and was informed I needed the Sunpass PRO! Thanks, folks. When I researched whether my Sunpass would work in VA, MD, and DE everything I read said that it would. No mention that I needed another transponder. The tolls cost double. Thanks, folks. I can't even contact anyone. They hide behind their government contract.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I do not live in Florida but I have a SunPass for when I visit. Haven’t used it in a few years. I receive a statement (roughly $10) that I used it in North Carolina. I have not been anywhere near their tolls in that area. Turns out I listed the wrong plate with them, off by 1 number. In fact, I no longer have the original plate that I actually had. A simple DMV check of that number would have shown the actually owner. They didn’t give a damn. Said I am responsible for any plate listed. Refused to refund my money. They are not a reputable business.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Very frustrated with SunPass. I'm trying to cancel my account and their website keeps giving me a message: Access denied. Error 16. www.sunpass.com

2021-07-05 17:26:47 UTC. I'm not able also to reach them over the phone. The company should provide an email contact for those cases.

Original review: March 31, 2021

SunPass emails me every time before auto debiting my replenish. I set $25. When my balance is $10 it triggers replenish. Fine. However, I've just noticed they've sometimes debited 2x in one day, and sometimes bi-weekly! Crazy autopay? I only use one toll road in the area (goes to mom's house) for total about $5-10 per month MAX.

Original review: March 10, 2021

This company Sunpass is stealing from the people. Two days ago I paid $243 and two days later I owe 16 dollars, and those days the daily charge was $0.33. This company needs to stop, and charge what is fair.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Upon reviewing my Sunpass account in December, I noticed that I was being charged for Pinellas tolls (I am enrolled in the commuter plan). I read the plan specifications, which state that it expires September 30th. I also read that it renews automatically if you are enrolled in "easy pay" (I am). NOT TRUE! Not only did it not renew, it wouldn't let me submit payment to renew. So, I sent an auto request asking for credit for the $40+ in tolls since September 30th and for the plan to be reinstated. My answer was essentially "nah, you didn't renew". No assistance whatsoever. I had to delete the plan and reenter it again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Several times over the years they have just up and billed me for plates that weren't even mine, they have recently billed me for several (over 100) toll violations on a temporary tag that was issued to a car I purchased recently, they started charging me for tolls on the plate that was apparently also on 2 other different cars driving on a toll highway over 200 miles away on a highway I've never been on, I sent them the registrations showing them the plate wasn't even issued at time of violations and after 2.5 months they send an email stating case closed insufficient documents, after 20 plus phone calls that take an hour for someone to pick up each time that can't do anything for you anyhow and there's no way to reach anyone that can that can actually make decisions or anyone that can even tell you what they want accurately.

They have access to DMV computers to be able to bill you why do I have to go spend my time at dmv getting proof for them to clear me of their mistakes, if they can use dmv to bill me they can use dmv to clear me without hassling me over it, let alone just open their eyes. The cars in the pictures aren't even close to what mine looks like, and hey there's 2 different ones in the pictures. What's up with that, one of the representatives even said they have issues with plates all the time, one would think that if they can just bill you at will they would be more responsible about fixing the issues when they mess up. No wonder Florida isn't going to renew their contracts apparently.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I have sold my jet ski with a trailer 5 years ago. Forgot to remove the license plate and the new owner used the expired plate to go through tolls. I reported to the DMV that I no longer own the trailer. SunPass wants me to file a police report. Police advised me to contact the DMV. It seems that SunPass is protecting crooks using expired stolen plates as long as they can charge former owners for Toll charges... Third world company!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I have tested the honesty of the Sunpass system to verify that they do not falsely invoice charges that have not been made, and they have not passed the exam in the month of September. We spent only one day on the Don Shula highway and they charged two more days charges. This is not the first time that this has happened, you have to clean that place of predatory wolves, which steal money in an authorized way, with the approval of state authorities. This system of improper toll collection has a flavor of dictatorship, there are no mechanisms to combat fraud, corruption and theft.

SunPass Prepaid Toll Program Company Information