Florida

2.1/5 (360 ratings)

About SunPass Prepaid Toll Program

SunPass Prepaid Toll Program Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPass Prepaid Toll Program?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPass Prepaid Toll Program?

Original review: May 2, 2022

Automatic voice said that waiting time is 71 minutes. I waited 84 minutes! Still no answer! After Pressing 2 for a call back I am now waiting for 3 days. Guess what happens? No call back! Cannot understand how a company that runs so poorly, still be the only option.

Original review: April 14, 2022

On recent trip to Miami from Daytona, partly on toll road.. Trip to Miami ok. Trip back got hit with 16 tolls AFTER I was home. Gas receipts to prove. Sunpass said I lied. I asked photo proof. None available. Now I'm pissed and asking lawyer to sue. I'll pay cash from now on.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2022

This is why Florida gets a bad reputation, I was in Florida for three days in November 2021 and in December was billed for $9.35 which I paid on 12/17/2021. Then in January I received two bills one saying I owe $1.15 and another saying I owe $14. I filled a dispute and received an email that the bills had been sent before the payment in December was received and I only owed the remaining balance which was like $5 , but when trying to pay the website said my account didn't exist.

Now I received a collection notice of $27 for the $9.35 I already paid and a $17 late fee and when filling out a dispute their site won't let me upload anything and I'm completely mad about getting charged $50 for three days in Florida. This place is a scam and because of them I never want to see Florida again because they are the worst. I rather have a toll booth at least then I know the state won't scam me like they are now. Some of the charges are in areas that I never went to like Miami which I never left Tampa Bay area. Horrible and shows how far Florida has fallen. Stay away from Florida!

Original review: March 3, 2022

After putting in their suggested ticket and then calling many times, waiting weeks and hearing the blaming pacification **, I had to determine on my own who at FLL could help reverse my erroneous $498 charge for 10 minutes! This is the 3rd time they've done this and do NOT care. And then they only wanted this money they took to sit in my Sunpass Account. After more difficulty, they agreed to send it back - 7 business days later - after waiting weeks with ZERO action. They have no competition and no accountability - pretty scary stuff!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Hi, is no way that you can contact the customer services agent to solve a problem that you have. The phone answers and intrusions are annoying terrible. Somebody must help for that. They collecting a lot of money and the customer service is nothing.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

This company is terrible. Customer service is impossible to work with as they have premade answers wrote up for all your questions. They will lie and tell you anything to get you out of their hair. It takes over 2 hours to get someone on the phone. Their box only pays some tolls so expect to get an invoice from the expressway authority for others. Their whole system is trash. It is impossible to get in contact with a supervisor.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

2 invoices over the summer. Both were paid in full immediately. Although their own invoice showed the payments they continued to bill me and I had to send proof. 5 mos. later they are billing me again..

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

SunPass is the worst company in existence. The website is impossible to navigate. I have called and tried to log in several times to change my address but they are still, after 4 years of living in Florida, send invoices to an address in Iowa that I've never lived at. You cannot get in touch with a customer representative ever. I cannot understand how a company that runs so poorly, still be the only option.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I downloaded the app and loaded my rental car info. At no time was I told that my transponder would not work with EZpass. I noticed there was no "bink" when I went through a toll plaza, so I started paying cash where cash was an option. Good thing I did. I contacted Sunpass and was informed I needed the Sunpass PRO! Thanks, folks. When I researched whether my Sunpass would work in VA, MD, and DE everything I read said that it would. No mention that I needed another transponder. The tolls cost double. Thanks, folks. I can't even contact anyone. They hide behind their government contract.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I do not live in Florida but I have a SunPass for when I visit. Haven’t used it in a few years. I receive a statement (roughly $10) that I used it in North Carolina. I have not been anywhere near their tolls in that area. Turns out I listed the wrong plate with them, off by 1 number. In fact, I no longer have the original plate that I actually had. A simple DMV check of that number would have shown the actually owner. They didn’t give a damn. Said I am responsible for any plate listed. Refused to refund my money. They are not a reputable business.

SunPass Prepaid Toll Program Company Information