2. Homeowners

Florida

2.1/5 (353 ratings)

About SunPass Prepaid Toll Program

SunPass Prepaid Toll Program Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPass Prepaid Toll Program?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPass Prepaid Toll Program?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Since they had that problem with their system over a year ago the billing department has been billing fictitious amounts to my SunPass online account. I have bogus charges popping up daily for traveling through a toll weeks prior. It's impossible to try and backtrack how this is happening. The answer I got from them is tolls take weeks to process. Really? When did that happen? I am ready to hire a lawyer and start a class action lawsuit. The sunpass system and FDOT owes people a lot of stolen monies and something needs to be done ASAP!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I switch to E-Pass end of August because Sunpass has been the worst nightmare possible. I replenish my own funds (because I have a family member where they took out $5,000 by mistake. Took them 2 months to return it) and when I go pass by a toll and my balance is negative (I replenish when I get home) they told me that they don't try to take money out of the account. They form an invoice and send it out, charging the full amount. So, what is the point of having an account with you? You have my license plate on file,you can't go back and take it out? So, I switched to E-pass, they offer a bigger discount and I don't have any problems with them at all.

I actually had a argument with a customer service representative from Sunpass saying that they have a bigger discount and that E-pass only offer a rebate after the 37th toll. I asked a E-pass customer service representative and he laughed and said that's not accurate at all. They offer the discount per toll. I do not recommend this company, for the lack of customer service and horrible system.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

SunPass has the most awful customer support ever. Nobody knows how the system works and they lie to avoid to work to help the customers. Don't even think about use your own transponder when you rent a car. They will not charge you and the system is prepared to not show the activity at all. All tools you use will be hidden. This way the rental car companies can make a fortune charging you like 15 dollars per 0.75 cents tool. May be an agreement between Sunpass and the rental cars companies? Who knows... While we don't know, we pay and they don't care. Nobody from Sunpass cares. This company is a SHAME. Well, just take a look at the stars reviews...

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I have an epass. Plenty of money in my account. Once in August and now September I have had to pay a $.75 toll and $2.50 Fee because they made me pay by plate. Gives me about 10 days once I receive bill. Goes to North Carolina. Service at Sunpass is terrible. Just wanted the money. Governor from Florida it’s time to fine them again. Not only do they rip you off they are rude and could Care less about the public using the roads.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Been a SunPass customer for about 8 years now and in the last 7 months or so have been getting pay by plate bills in the mail. I have changed transponders and that is not the problem. Have contacted SunPass 3 different times and they are zero help. My problem is not getting the discounts and having to pay the "processing" fee to Epass for the pay by plate invoice. We are switching to EPass and will see if that solves the problem.

Original review: July 31, 2019

STAY AWAY FROM SUNPASS!!! I have had a SunPass account since I was in high school, and ever since I got one, I've had issues with it. I was enrolled in the easy-pay system 4 or 5 separate times, and every time they have removed my card WITHOUT consent or notification. I only found out when I had toll violations come in. At first I thought it may have been system error or someone pressed a wrong button, whatever I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but when I call to complain, they tell me my card was declined three times so they removed it. I can look at my bank statements and I get text notifications if my card is declined, not once had they attempted to charge me nor did my card get declined this last time.

As I am telling this to TWO customer service agents (one being a supervisor), they tell me nothing is wrong, and that I will have to pay $44.84 (which is a lie, when I log onto my account to pay, it shows me $70 after fees) although they removed my card off the account for no reason and cannot explain why with a believable answer, and they ask me to re-enroll in to the easy pay system. To be fair this is the least amount I've had to pay, but in the past year alone I have had pay over $800 in tolls and fees, for the same persisting problem that has been going on for 4 years. You can imagine how much I've actually paid them since I've had an account with them. The customer service was also just horrible besides that. I am a manager at my current job, and I have never handled disputes or have spoken to customers the way I was spoken to by the SUPERVISOR. NEVER AGAIN! They have stolen too much money from me.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Every once in a while, I get a toll by plate charge on the Beach Line extension, even though my transponder works on other SunPass roads before that in Orlando. Also, I just got a charge for a vehicle that isn't even mine and has a very different tag #. The enforcement invoice was for a vehicle in the Ft. Lauderdale area and I haven't been down that way for years.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Sent me a bill with charges a year and a half old. Billing me when I already have a transponder and refusing to adjust my invoice. This company should leave the state of Florida and stop ripping people off!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

I can no logger log in at my pre paid account and the bill from Sixt rental car just arrived. So I am wondering what happen since I had the SunPass transponder at the car when I went thought the tolls. When I left the rental car I forgot to take it out so I decided to disable the bar code... And I can no longer check my U$ 18,80 that I still had. Very disappointed...

Original review: June 25, 2019

I've cancelled like 6 times and twice online and the account has never closed. They were suppose to refund my money 3 months ago over a rental car from Hertz auto. THEY WON'T GO AWAY. These people are extortionist and scammers of the state. The state of Florida gives no ** about stealing from you. It's just sad at this point I don't expect them to give my money back. I will never pay these people and I will see if Hertz can register their plates again after my Uber/rental program went south.

SunPass Prepaid Toll Program Company Information