California

4.0/5 (557 ratings)

About Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Not only have they been price gouging their customers their customer service is the worse. The minimum wait time to speak to a representative for a non emergency situation is 2-5 hours. This is unacceptable. That's what happens when there is no one to compete against. This needs to stop.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

We use solar provided by the city. We pay Edison to deliver to our homes. We pay double, sometimes triple for delivery. Ex: $50 usage, and $150 delivery for a $200 total bill. Edison uses usage their rates for delivery. I continue to complain. But if I don't pay... I'll be in the dark. I must pay for Edison's upgrades and wildfires... I am definitely not paying correctly for my usage. This should be ILLEGAL.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

I purchased two battery backups from Edison and paid 20,000 which was most of my savings, I was promised they would rebate the entire amount back after my solar and batteries were installed. I have Multiple Sclerosis and my husband is a veteran, after 6 months of waiting they said we didn’t qualify to get our refund. They stole our money and left us with hardship. Evil thing to do. Don’t trust their rebate promises. :(

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I appreciate that I was helped and the customer service was friendly and they also helped with resources. I’m grateful they worked with me. At least they care of their customers. I’m very grateful. Thank you Edison.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Sad. I was on program to even bill. Never missed payment and conserved. Got whopping bill of $792 besides my regular bill. They would not lower payment even though I'm on fixed income and a senior. I need refund.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

They’re charging me for my apartment and another apartment in the same complex but it doesn’t belong to me. I called at least 5 times, try to tell them and No results. They’re just keep sending me the bill.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I tried to transfer our service by following their link. It wouldn't accept our address. I tried it several times. Eventually I was able to talk with a real person. She was able to help us. She was great, and very helpful!

Original review: May 27, 2022

ZERO stars f I could! Constant issues with billing to the degree that they omit produced solar energy for 4 months due to meter outage and bill me later for those months where I usually overproduce past my usage as in the 10 consistent years prior. Refused to give credit or utilize previous years production data to make it right. Reached out to PUC, useless measure as they are part of SCE... Worst utility company ever, to reach customer service is a "2 hour wait on hold to talk to someone" nightmare at any given time (Covid's fault, of course...). Billing delays, website down, payment tool on website non functioning, unable to obtain solar energy production data, the list goes on and on... Terrible organization...

Original review: May 20, 2022

There are only software capabilities to report an outage today and no information on why the outage has occurred in my area. After multiple text messages telling me that the power would be out 8 hours, it was suddenly on within an hour. Terrible terrible customer service, and they don't even accept emails.

Original review: April 25, 2022

After 10 months of having my solar system installed and SCE permit SCE has failed to put my account on the NEM 2 plan. Having worked 40+ years in the same business out east with multiple firms Top Management would not accept such poor performing Customer Service processes. People down the line have been great but… Avoid solar unless it’s just to make you feel good. Do not trust SCE to allow any opportunity for savings on solar electricity you generate and pump into grid! A shame no one at SCE willing to take ownership of my dilemma.

Southern California Edison Company Information