California

3.9/5 (261 ratings)

About Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?

Original review: June 23, 2022

I tried to transfer our service by following their link. It wouldn't accept our address. I tried it several times. Eventually I was able to talk with a real person. She was able to help us. She was great, and very helpful!

Original review: May 27, 2022

ZERO stars f I could! Constant issues with billing to the degree that they omit produced solar energy for 4 months due to meter outage and bill me later for those months where I usually overproduce past my usage as in the 10 consistent years prior. Refused to give credit or utilize previous years production data to make it right. Reached out to PUC, useless measure as they are part of SCE... Worst utility company ever, to reach customer service is a "2 hour wait on hold to talk to someone" nightmare at any given time (Covid's fault, of course...). Billing delays, website down, payment tool on website non functioning, unable to obtain solar energy production data, the list goes on and on... Terrible organization...

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2022

There are only software capabilities to report an outage today and no information on why the outage has occurred in my area. After multiple text messages telling me that the power would be out 8 hours, it was suddenly on within an hour. Terrible terrible customer service, and they don't even accept emails.

Original review: April 25, 2022

After 10 months of having my solar system installed and SCE permit SCE has failed to put my account on the NEM 2 plan. Having worked 40+ years in the same business out east with multiple firms Top Management would not accept such poor performing Customer Service processes. People down the line have been great but… Avoid solar unless it’s just to make you feel good. Do not trust SCE to allow any opportunity for savings on solar electricity you generate and pump into grid! A shame no one at SCE willing to take ownership of my dilemma.

Original review: March 18, 2022

SCE has horrible customer support. It’s impossible to reach a representative over the phone, they don’t have a contact email, and they don’t reply adequately to Twitter or Facebook DMs. I have tried multiple times to communicate a simple request, but each time I either get no response or a scripted reply that completely ignores my question. After neglecting to even address my basic question, the DM chat is closed by a bit and I have to reinitiate it again, hoping for any sort of adequate response. It should not be this hard to contact a utilities company, especially when it’s a monopoly so I have no option to pick another.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Called SCE regarding bill. Bill has doubled. Ask them to check bill, they claim I use double the normal. They also won't check meter due to it smart read meter. Lousy service. Talked two customer service reps, no solution.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I'm on the C.A.R.E program for a reason. I'm on a very fixed income every month with 2 children. Single mother trying to raise 2 children in high school. They don't get home until 4 o'clock in the afternoon.. Your new added rates are killing me. And now you're gonna raise them again and the hours between 5 and 8 PM where my children are gonna be using the TV and their iPads for homework and other things. You're going to make my life even more miserable than it is now with your new almost $30 tag on to my already way too expensive $50 bill on the care program. You really need to consider that with today's technology and the fact that you're making people pay for having to stay home because of covid is criminal. Exactly how do you justify charging a poor family $80 a month for electricity?Before covid my electricity bill was about 35 to $45 now it's almost $70. Shame on you guys.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

Edison is a monopoly, providing power in our area. We have been customers in one location or another for over 50 years. We now live in a mountain community and Edison's dependability has varied from year to year. In the past three years, outages are more frequent and come often without warning.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Where we live we have no other options to choose from! It’s been monopolized! The prices are astronomically high especially for a one income family. Customer service has no flexibility in addressing the root of some problems. Example: We never asked to be put on a care program. It happened by mistake and once the issue was discovered Edison wanted all the money back that they didn’t charge us for. The monthly payments were coming out of the bank automatically and we thought nothing of the rate until a late notice came due of over $600! We were just told, "Yes Edison made this mistake and now You have to pay us for our mistake!"

Worst part is that lumpsum is going to be automatically deducted from our bank account because no one in customer service knows how to stop the auto pay so we can just pay what we can afford now with a check! I don’t like being controlled, I like having options and a say! With Edison I have to do what they say when they say without freedom of compromise or shop around. I’m grateful for energy yet frustrated right now!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

You don't have an option to email, talk to, or ask a question. It's absurd considering they tripled my bill and I can't ask someone to come check my service because I saw the electric bills from previous tenant and they paid nowhere near what I am paying.

Southern California Edison Company Information