California

2.5/5 (550 ratings)

About Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?

Original review: April 25, 2022

After 10 months of having my solar system installed and SCE permit SCE has failed to put my account on the NEM 2 plan. Having worked 40+ years in the same business out east with multiple firms Top Management would not accept such poor performing Customer Service processes. People down the line have been great but… Avoid solar unless it’s just to make you feel good. Do not trust SCE to allow any opportunity for savings on solar electricity you generate and pump into grid! A shame no one at SCE willing to take ownership of my dilemma.

Original review: March 18, 2022

SCE has horrible customer support. It’s impossible to reach a representative over the phone, they don’t have a contact email, and they don’t reply adequately to Twitter or Facebook DMs. I have tried multiple times to communicate a simple request, but each time I either get no response or a scripted reply that completely ignores my question. After neglecting to even address my basic question, the DM chat is closed by a bit and I have to reinitiate it again, hoping for any sort of adequate response. It should not be this hard to contact a utilities company, especially when it’s a monopoly so I have no option to pick another.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Called SCE regarding bill. Bill has doubled. Ask them to check bill, they claim I use double the normal. They also won't check meter due to it smart read meter. Lousy service. Talked two customer service reps, no solution.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I'm on the C.A.R.E program for a reason. I'm on a very fixed income every month with 2 children. Single mother trying to raise 2 children in high school. They don't get home until 4 o'clock in the afternoon.. Your new added rates are killing me. And now you're gonna raise them again and the hours between 5 and 8 PM where my children are gonna be using the TV and their iPads for homework and other things. You're going to make my life even more miserable than it is now with your new almost $30 tag on to my already way too expensive $50 bill on the care program. You really need to consider that with today's technology and the fact that you're making people pay for having to stay home because of covid is criminal. Exactly how do you justify charging a poor family $80 a month for electricity?Before covid my electricity bill was about 35 to $45 now it's almost $70. Shame on you guys.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

Edison is a monopoly, providing power in our area. We have been customers in one location or another for over 50 years. We now live in a mountain community and Edison's dependability has varied from year to year. In the past three years, outages are more frequent and come often without warning.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Where we live we have no other options to choose from! It’s been monopolized! The prices are astronomically high especially for a one income family. Customer service has no flexibility in addressing the root of some problems. Example: We never asked to be put on a care program. It happened by mistake and once the issue was discovered Edison wanted all the money back that they didn’t charge us for. The monthly payments were coming out of the bank automatically and we thought nothing of the rate until a late notice came due of over $600! We were just told, "Yes Edison made this mistake and now You have to pay us for our mistake!"

Worst part is that lumpsum is going to be automatically deducted from our bank account because no one in customer service knows how to stop the auto pay so we can just pay what we can afford now with a check! I don’t like being controlled, I like having options and a say! With Edison I have to do what they say when they say without freedom of compromise or shop around. I’m grateful for energy yet frustrated right now!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

You don't have an option to email, talk to, or ask a question. It's absurd considering they tripled my bill and I can't ask someone to come check my service because I saw the electric bills from previous tenant and they paid nowhere near what I am paying.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

When I try to look up my current bill it downloads a bill from 3 months ago. There is no email address and the phone lines make it impossible to get through to a person or report a problem. One month we didn’t get a bill and the next month it was twice the usual amount. I’m afraid of what will happen when they finally get their act together.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

For the amount of money I pay monthy you would think their website would at least get updated the the stupid link my account? Especially with this new account numbers they changed that took me a month to get. Can you just not get rid of the noise and just let me put in my account and pay my bill without having to checkout as guest?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I am a resident in Monrovia, and am new to this coast of the country. I live with my boyfriend and we both work from home. In the hottest months, we would keep our AC at 75-77 degrees, which is still hot for my partner, but less so for me. Other than the AC, we both work on computers and have the basic amenities of any home. In July I received a bill for $486. This shocked both of us. We made an effort to turn off the AC during the day and to keep all the doors closed to not let any air escape. in August we received a comparable bill for $426. I called the California Public Utilities Commission, and they were just as shocked as I was at the astronomical bills. The CPUC connected me with an executive at Southern California Edison, Yvette **. Yvette coldly informed me that it was my fault for my high bills and that if I keep my house at 75 degrees I'm going to just have to pay for it.

I am self employed and with the coronavirus, have spent as much time at home in lockdown, yet SCE took the position of blaming their own customers for the instability within their own infrastructure. Yvette was not only rude and dismissive of my concerns, but question my medical health, asking me invasive and personal questions about why I would need my home to be set to that temperature. For residents, there is no alternative to this company. There is no system of checks and balances making sure that this company is not simply price gauging customers and gaslighting their own consumers into believing it is their own fault. I do my best to minimize activity during the day, but working from home means I have to utilize wifi and my computer, and in some cases keep my house at a reasonable temperature so my electronics do not themselves overheat.

This is disturbing. Electricity is something that all people practically need to survive. What SCE is doing to their customers is unethical and abusive and their own customers have no other options or recourse for their theft. I am shocked that local representatives and the CPUC has not done more to ensure that companies like Southern California Edison are not bleeding their customer's dry.

Southern California Edison Company Information