2. Homeowners

California

3.8/5 (259 ratings)

About Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

When I try to look up my current bill it downloads a bill from 3 months ago. There is no email address and the phone lines make it impossible to get through to a person or report a problem. One month we didn’t get a bill and the next month it was twice the usual amount. I’m afraid of what will happen when they finally get their act together.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

For the amount of money I pay monthy you would think their website would at least get updated the the stupid link my account? Especially with this new account numbers they changed that took me a month to get. Can you just not get rid of the noise and just let me put in my account and pay my bill without having to checkout as guest?

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I am a resident in Monrovia, and am new to this coast of the country. I live with my boyfriend and we both work from home. In the hottest months, we would keep our AC at 75-77 degrees, which is still hot for my partner, but less so for me. Other than the AC, we both work on computers and have the basic amenities of any home. In July I received a bill for $486. This shocked both of us. We made an effort to turn off the AC during the day and to keep all the doors closed to not let any air escape. in August we received a comparable bill for $426. I called the California Public Utilities Commission, and they were just as shocked as I was at the astronomical bills. The CPUC connected me with an executive at Southern California Edison, Yvette **. Yvette coldly informed me that it was my fault for my high bills and that if I keep my house at 75 degrees I'm going to just have to pay for it.

I am self employed and with the coronavirus, have spent as much time at home in lockdown, yet SCE took the position of blaming their own customers for the instability within their own infrastructure. Yvette was not only rude and dismissive of my concerns, but question my medical health, asking me invasive and personal questions about why I would need my home to be set to that temperature. For residents, there is no alternative to this company. There is no system of checks and balances making sure that this company is not simply price gauging customers and gaslighting their own consumers into believing it is their own fault. I do my best to minimize activity during the day, but working from home means I have to utilize wifi and my computer, and in some cases keep my house at a reasonable temperature so my electronics do not themselves overheat.

This is disturbing. Electricity is something that all people practically need to survive. What SCE is doing to their customers is unethical and abusive and their own customers have no other options or recourse for their theft. I am shocked that local representatives and the CPUC has not done more to ensure that companies like Southern California Edison are not bleeding their customer's dry.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Moved to Corona recently. The kwH is $0.22 here where in Irvine it is $0.11 and Riverside $0.16. There is no rational explanation for this outrageous price. Their customer service is also very slow to respond. It looks like this company is taking great advantage of monopoly...

Original review: June 18, 2021

It is absolutely astonishing to me that we, as tax paying citizens, can allow a government mandated monopoly to constantly fail us year after year because the summer gets warm. I am absolutely over them starting forest fires due to poorly maintained equipment while charging me a premium for electricity IF the grid is stable enough to supply us. We pay good money for incredibly poor services in this state. It's an absolute shame that anybody would have to put up with this year after year. Maybe one day they won't set fire to the countryside but I seriously doubt it. They are the electric company version of Nestle.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I am a general contractor trying to re-build a home for some really nice folks whose home was destroyed in the Bobcat Fire (Edison started the fire). I need to set an appointment to have an Edison rep out to the property but I cannot get a hold of them. First call I was on hold for 2.5 hours before finally hanging up. 2nd call right at 7am, the outgoing message said approximate wait time 1-5 minutes. 2 hours later, I finally hung up. They burned down these poor people's home and you can't even get them on the phone to help?? I am in complete disbelief. How can they get away with this??

Original review: May 11, 2021

On 4/8 I was charged $400, (which I pay Edison a year ahead so I have a credit). That night a duplicate payment was to be charged for another $400, but I was able to put a stop payment on my account before it hit. I faxed in my evidence, and 2 weeks later, still no response. Just that a new billing software was put in, and I have to wait. In the meantime, the 2nd potential charge was stopped from hitting my account, but they took my 1st $400, and my Edison statement does not reflect my credit for the year.

Original review: April 28, 2021

For the last 2 days I have been trying to contact So Cal Edison by phone. Yesterday I was on hold for 1 hour and 30 minutes before I finally hung up. Tried it again today waited over an hour before I hung up. The recording blames the wait times on some upgrade they have installed. Wouldn't you think an upgrade would improve the system and not slow it down. Disgustingly lousy customer service. The public utilities commission should investigate this because the public has little or no access to their information. Too bad we don't have options if we did I'd switch immediately.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Worst company in the US. No e-mail service to contact them. Normal wait time is over an hour, no matter when you call. On-line is out of order for the last month. HORRIBLE company. We need to lobby for a different company in South California. They change the customer number for service without informing the customer, so paying a bill via phone is IMPOSSIBLE. I would rate them a zero, not even one star.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I've had solar panel for 3 years. Every single year my system overproduces what I use by @3500 kw per year, and they think I owe them over $3K for each year. They won't send a tech to look at my system and keep giving me the runaround and not responding when someone needs to come and see their meter system is not functioning properly. What can I do?

Southern California Edison Company Information