Southern California Edison

California

Compare Utility Companies

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I moved to a new residence after closing last bill and opened an account online with Southern CA Edison. About 6 months later I viewed my credit report and see a collections with SCE. I was so mad! I contacted SCE customer service and told them I've never received any information or last bill. I was told once I paid this collections to allow 30 days for it to be completely removed. My biggest concerns that it would mess up my score in the process of buying a home... Now fast-forward three weeks I'm told by SCE supervisor basically tough luck because they never delete and he stands by customer service. Real nice SCE for sticking with customer service that has no clue what they're doing. Oh and have a nice day!! Grrr!!

Bad billing policies leading to irreparable credit damage. I never received a bill from SCE. I finally tracked down an amount due after they destroyed my credit rating and I obtained a copy of my credit report to investigate possible fraud. It will take a lifetime to repair over a inconsequential bill of $60. "The punishment does not fit the crime." After speaking to the Customer Service I am left more frustrated since they take no responsibility for updating or correcting any mailing addresses. After 5 months of sending a bill to a wrong address SCE made no attempt to correct this or update my address or contact me in any way. I had signed up 11 years ago for a landlord agreement where they keep the power on and bill me when my tenant vacates. So my tenant moves out and they try to bill me for two months.

The problem is that they never updated the address on record even after an 11 year period. They just sent a bill to someone else's PO box and never thought twice. Most modern businesses with any online presence and value for their customers will ask for updated information but not SCE. Warning to other customers: Do not sign up for any landlord agreement with SCE since any mistake in mailing will cost you your credit rating even over an amount as low as $60. SCE is unfair, unjust, irresponsible, and billing is run by stooges.

We have been paying over $300.00 dollars the past year every bill. That is way too much. Now they send me a $500.00 bill for 1 month cause according to them I spend twice as last year energy. Honestly I think they are robbing people. $500.00 a month for electricity on a single home family is way too much money. They would not wanted to send a technician to check my meter even that I am paying my bills. Worst customer service ever they have. Don't help neither answer questions and only get you more mad about high charges.

I am currently battling SCE regarding my deposit. Yes, I've had some financial issues, but I've ALWAYS paid my bill. Since I was late, they are making me pay ANOTHER deposit. On top of that, I had some problems with my automatic payments and my bank account, and the deposit was not paid through the bank. NOW they are charging me $400 instead of $260!!! I'm already on the FERA plan due to financial issues. How can they keep adding fees like this? Is it legal? We have no choice of electrical carriers, so doesn't this make it a monopoly? To top it off, you can't reach them by email, or even phone half the time. Currently, I've been on hold for 19 minutes! Then, when someone answered, they hung up on me! Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a lawyer that deals with this kind of situation?

Our house was ok until the rain storm hit SoCal and my house started to lose power. I have called several electricians to have a look at our electrical systems and it turned out Edison power line from the pole to my house are rotten, loose and need to be replaced. It's dangerous. I contacted Edison and they sent a guy to my house to inspect their own cables. The guy looked at my electrical panel and said that this one does not have permit so they won't inspect their cable for me. I just got the house and I don't know what the previous owner did to it (the panel seems new and legit in fact we live in there 3 months without any problem until the rain storm hit).

I asked the SCE guy and he himself admitted the contradictory: I need to asked the city authority to come down and check on my panel while the problem is on your rotten cables. The city won't check Edison cable it's their properties the only thing they will check is my electrical panel which I was told from 4 different electrician that it's perfectly fine. I kept going back and forth with SCE guy: I begged him to have a look at their lines since our family has been loss power for almost a week and everyone got sick. My 4 years old daughter got very bad in 44F cold and windy winter weather. He still refused to have his electrician to look at their cable and insist me to contact city for permit. I got it, today I will go and get permit from city for my panel. I hope to get over this soon. I hope new president will create more competition in utilities company to prevent this type of behavior happened.

They disregard of people well being and just focus on some rules that does not make sense (need permit on my household panel to inspect their own power line). I don't know much about Donald Trump, however I hope he his promise to deregulation and create more competitive environments to prevent these monopoly utilities company from doing whatever they want to do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?

I have contacted SCE on numerous occasions regarding my electric bill charges. I have been told to get an electrician, I did. I have been told there would be investigations that never happened. I have been told that paying is a choice. It is not. Looking for class action lawsuit. NOW, I do continue to pay. We are a family of 4. We work all day, and only have normal appliances in our home. Our pool has been turned off at the breaker for months. We live in an unplugged world, and we continue to pay.

My mother and brother had an apartment that they never paid the bill. Edison is saying I lived with them and that I am responsible for the bill because I benefitted from the electric services. I have been fighting them since 2012. It's 2017 and I have Sent them Proof of where I have lived for the years in question and they not only. Didn't take Me off the account they put the bill in my Name. This Bill don't have anything to do with Me. I moved out Of My Mother's house 2 Weeks Before I turned 18. Is there anything that can Be done about this. Please Help.

There are 2 issues: 1. Edison reported a $68 bill which I am disputing to Credit Reporting Agencies ruining my credit record after I had written them a letter requesting documentation to support this bill. 2. The thing is I am NOT an Edison customer. I NEVER requested their service and NEVER received their service. I cannot think of any business being able to bill and collect payments from people for service they never ordered and never received.

It's Edison's BUSINESS PRACTICE. I own a rental property. My tenants established an account with Edison but failed to pay the last bill before moving away just as they failed to pay their cable TV, internet service bills.... WHAT makes Edison different than these other companies? Edison said they bill property owners for all unpaid bills. WHO authorized Edison to do that? NO ONE has the power to authorize anyone to collect payments from you without your explicit consent.

When you buy a house, a dress, get a job.... you agree to the amount, you agree to pay tax. YOU CAN WALK AWAY FROM DEAL IF YOU DO NOT AGREE. It is your RIGHT. No business, not Edison, not anybody can take away your rights. The bottom line is I politely requested Edison to provide me with any written document saying that I am either legally or contractually responsible for this service, another word, validate the damn bill. They ignored me and reported the bill as delinquent. I am looking for anyone with same issue. Please contact me.

My mother is 74 with serious medical issues. Her doctor suggested she grow medical **. So I just got here and look at her bill and it was so high they slapped a 2500 deposit. In the meantime I shut all the lights down, drained the pool, got all led lights, no tv. No dishwasher. She is on social Security. So I call Edison and told them what happen and she can get on low cost and she would pay 600 a month and work with us. Now that we are not using any electricity hardly maybe they could take that deposit that my mother has paid half of and put it towards the large bill. They said no. If 1700 deposit isn't paid by tomorrow they are shutting it off.

My mother is on life alerts and needs electricity. If she falls in the dark she could die. They work on the power lines out here frequently and turn it off and she already drove her leg because of that and she has Fragile bones, they break easy. She hasn't signed any law suit waivers. If she falls and dies or gets seriously hurt, I will go after Edison legally with all my might. We tried to work with them. They hung up on my mother raising her blood pressure and that's why I'm involved now. I thought for sure they would let us pay them off slowly. It's not like it being used like that anymore. I put a stop to it and she's old and didn't realize what it was costing. But basically they won't work with us and my elderly mother has to spend Christmas in the dark. Pretty good company. You decide.

I have been harassed with 5 calls on my private cell number...all from SCE trying to get info about their upcoming rate change programs. These programs are unclear, poorly communicated, unfair, and, no doubt, charged to the public as part of the justification for their increasing fees. I have solar power, as do many in my neighborhood. SCE still manages to bill us out of more and more money even when we don't use their electricity! It is robbery!

S.C.E. is nothing more than a bully! I established service with them in April of this year (2016). 3 months later I receive a bill of over 600.00, 314.00 of which is shown as a "miscellaneous transfer". When I call to ask about this I am informed that the previous tenant (deceased) had left an unpaid bill and instead of them going through probate, as is legally required by federal law, they decided to make me, who is in NO WAY related, responsible for paying it. They claim that I am this person's daughter and therefore responsible. I was unable to pay this huge amount and as I was on the phone with them trying to get it sorted out, my power was shut off! I had to borrow money to pay what was just MY bill, which at 300.00 is ludicrous.

I live in a 5th wheel and most of my appliances are run by propane. So now they are telling me that on top of the owing on the bill that is not mine I now have to pay a 400.00 deposit based on the past highest usage of that person!!! Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with me!! This is total **. I did some research and according to The Federal Trade Commission a person can NOT be held responsible for someone else's unpaid bill simply because they are related to them. So even if I WAS her daughter, they cannot make me responsible for it. THIS IS FEDERAL LAW!!! Apparently SCE feels that they do not have to abide by federal law while at the same time enforcing their own arbitrary and illegal rules upon us! And just to make it more fun for them they have me sending a handwritten letter signed by me stating that I am not related to said person. Which somehow NEVER gets received by mail or fax.

And although I made payment arrangements for the deposit (I was forced to) the bill says it is due in full!! What the hell? This can't be legal! How is this even allowed to be happening to the many, many, many people whose stories I have read on here? What are you people at Consumer Affairs or CPUC going to do about it? Anything?? I'm all for a class action lawsuit. Please feel free to contact me. This has to stop.

I bought a house with a pre-installed solar system. After transferring over both solar and SCE accounts, SCE continually charges me for electricity not completing the net meter. I am paying for the same electricity twice. They are stealing my money. I have called 3 times, each month since they say it will take another billing cycle to complete the transfer to the "net" program.

I am a retired widow. I have been an SCE customer for 40 years. It is a monopoly. If I have electricity, it must be SCE, I have no choice. For the first time I recently missed paying my bill by their deadline because I didn't have the money. They cut off my electricity, leaving me trapped in the house, electric doors would not open. They demanded the deposit to reconnect my electricity. Said they would not waive the deposit for any reason. I asked to speak to a supervisor and Jose, the SCE employee, hung up on me. If I lacked the money to pay my bill, where am I going to get an additional $380?

I don't want to be an SCE customer anymore but am trapped because they have a monopoly just like I was trapped in my house via their actions. The public utilities commission is supposed to protect us from utility companies criminal behavior, and yet they do nothing. Just another reason why there are so many people angry at the system, the establishment that exists to take from us.

So SCE is charging interest on late bills. This I get. But it should not be charged on bills that are due and being paid on the day they are due. In addition it takes 2-3 months to set up an autopay and it's up to the customer to determine when the autopay starts. Edison is a monopoly and so we are forced to one company that gives no customer service whatsoever even to customers who has paid consistently each month. There should be a law against this.

I qualified for the CARE/FERA programs for last two years or so, but this year they asked me for income qualification. I sent in all the information required and now they are asking me for even more sensitive information about my mother who lives with me and my daughter who is a full-time college student that does not have a job.

I called concerned due to the sensitive nature of the information required of my elderly mother such as Medical/Medicare who lives with me. I was going to send a copy of the cards but wanted to let them know I was concerned about the info on them, SS #s, but the rep basically discouraged me and told me they don't accept this, that I have to send more paperwork proving that she is the person the cards belong to. I feel she forced me / discouraged me from applying for these programs.

I asked for my original paperwork back due to my sensitive information (pay stubs, income tax returns) but when she typed the message she said that I said "I want to cancel the discount because it's too much hassle." I did not say that. I said, "I am concerned of sending sensitive information," but I'm still able to provide a copy of my mother's Medicare/Medical cards. But of course like always these people are only looking for ways to not make it easy on the consumers. It seems to be so much trouble for these companies to help the consumer and to believe that my mother and daughter live with me.

I want them to send my paperwork back even if this means cancel me. It just bothers me that these people arbitrarily make up things that the customers have said and they don't care. Of course I don't want to be canceled. I want the program. I tried to work with them, but they are not accepting the paperwork I can provide. I mostly was concerned due to the sensitive nature of the information that is being required. I am a single parent and take care of my mother and my daughter, but they do not care. I wish this was not a monopoly where Southern California Edison was not the only company that provided the energy.

In the past 3 years, my bills on a Annual Payment balance has gone from $110 to $124 to $152 respectively. My monthly bills says it all. SCE has a way of getting around my complaints like why my power. I am working on going Solar, now that my monthly bills match the price of monthly solar bill. I get the funny feeling these SCE and DWP have fancy lunch outings with solar companies in manipulating consumers to buy Solar because they can't do anything right about generating power for their customers. Someone like the CFPD should check into this.

Our house has been fitted with a Smart Meter. Our electric use is rather stable. Of course we have seasonal changes, as we use more electricity in the summer when we use the HVAC system. However, we are aware of those changes and structure our budget with those changes in mind. This year, we were hit with an electric bill that was twice our highest ever bill. We had no increase in electrical usage. As a matter of fact, we knew we would be using the HVAC, so we consciously paid attention to turning out lights and watching all other usage. However, our bill was enormous. We paid the bill and contacted SCE to get our meter checked. They refused and told us it was working fine.

We explained that our usage was far beyond all historical norms on the account, and they responded that it was on average five degrees warmer this year, so the bill and usage was accurate. We told them that we were unsatisfied with that answer as we have a strong belief that there is a problem as our usage was so crazy with no change in lifestyle. The provided another phone number to call. We called the number provided. That representative told us that our meter was fine and that we could schedule an electrical audit where they would check our appliances. We know that our appliances are fine, so we declined and again requested that we have our meter checked. They said that our meter was fine and they considered the matter resolved if we refused the energy audit.

We scoured their website for information regarding getting our meter checked, but we couldn't find any way to request. They offer a "contact us" form whereby they will respond to requests by e-mail. I submitted a request to get my meter checked using that form. While on their website, we noticed they have this "support chat" function where you can contact someone for support. We attempted to use that, and while chatting requested to get our meter checked. The chat support person indicated that in order to get my meter checked, we would have to call. The number provided was the original number we had already called. We knew we would get nowhere with that number as that is where we began this circular journey.

Three days later we received an e-mail from our submission that said it was noted on our account that our complaint had been resolved in a chat. First off, it was a simple request, not a complaint. Second, there has been no resolution. Now this has become a complaint. Looking here on Consumer Affairs, there are multiple complaints of overcharging from Southern California Edison due to the introduction of Smart Meters. That tells us there is a systemic problem with SCE and their meters. Yet, we cannot get SCE to come out and perform a simple test of our meter. Google searches indicate that this is not just an SCE problem, but a problem with Smart Meters in general. However, our complaint is specific to the total lack of any relevant customer service response by a legal monopoly that provides a necessary resource such as electricity.

SCE charges substantially more than our local neighbors using the city provided utility service. We are unable to receive service from any entity other than SCE. I am one that would always support private industry over a government entity in performing a function, such as a public utility. However, I also support consumers to have a choice. SCE has a legal monopoly and with their use of Smart Meters they are overcharging customers and refusing to investigate their own possibly faulty equipment that generates those charges. That should be considered a crime as much as it would be if I stole electricity from them.

Our usage is being calculated beyond any historical or logical usage we have had, and as such it appears that they are stealing from us with a defective measuring device. Yet they refuse to check it. That is all I want - is for them to check their measurement device. They refuse. They say it is working fine without even checking it. How is that possible?

Let me start off by saying that despite my irritation, we were in the wrong regarding our past due amount. It wasn't for a lack of money so much on our part... money is just so tight, we have to super budget our weekly paychecks. My complaints lie in the way they operate in general. We live in a rural area and our service address is 20 miles from our mailing address and about 50 from the nearest town. We never had a problem paying our bill until they shut down our nearest payment center. After that (and their website did not list any additional payment centers near us), we had so many problems paying our bill.

First: on the website, it would only process our payments via bank accounts. Oookay. But then it would take up to a week for the payment to go through and at least once, they took so long to take the money out, we thought it had been paid. In addition, we were told no payments could be taken over the phone. Oookay... I've never seen a company that makes it so difficult to pay instantly. And no, getting and mailing a money order every time isn't feasible for us considering where we live considering we usually pay part of our bill every week. The only reason we got behind was because of the difficulties processing payments after the payment center closed.

So my boyfriend tried to set up payments but the automated system would only let him extend the due date to a week ahead and then only if he agreed to pay everything... the past past due ($6), the past due ($190) and the current bill ($170). Well, no...we can't afford that. So my boyfriend wakes up to find there is no power. We never got a shutoff notice and the only phone call we got was a week ago but they never left a message. We, thankfully, had enough to cover the amount they demanded to turn the power back on, but this whole mess could have been avoided if they didn't make paying so damn difficult. I also take exception with being forced to pay a fee to pay my bill (a la money order and third party payment centers) since the normal ways (payment center now closed and no credit cards) are unavailable. Just makes me want to get solar panels and a windmill... then I can make them pay ME for the surplus.

Paid SoCal Edison bill on time. They disconnect the service. Then paid to get back on. Then they assessed a 380 security deposit. You can't dispute the claim. They hang up on you when you try to speak to a manager. They sneak in a tier system in billing so the less you use you now pay so much more. You can't dispute your bill because they hang up on you all the time. This is the only business that can get a one star rating and still have a business. This monopoly needs to end. If they had competition maybe they wouldn't feel they can rip off their customers and provide horrible customer service without any repercussions.

They don't send you bills or give you warning. They just disconnect your services even you are not late. One of the worst company I have ever dealt with. And their automated billing system doesn't work either.

I moved from a 960 sq ft apartment to a 750 sq ft apartment. Newer more modern apartment. My bill went from around 65 dollars a month to an average 150 dollars a month. I am supposed to be on the care program. I use less electricity than I did at my old place where I ran fans and lights all the time. Now I run no fans and keep the lights either out or limited to one or 2 lamps in the house. The only thing I can come up with is I moved from a lower income side of town to a higher income side of town, and SCE decided that I could play double (even still on the care program).

I moved into new apartment, sign up for Edison and they never started the services and they never call or mailed out a bill. When I called to ask what happen I got pissed off person who transferred me to another lady who did speak English. Edison has to be the worst company out there.

On 6-30-16 I used the automated system to turn off my service in a rental for 7-1. I paid what I thought was my final bill on 7-5. SC Edison failed to shut off the service and I received another bill on 8-3. I called and was told that they can see a call to shut off the service was made, but in their terms 'it was not completed'. I had no way of knowing it was not completed and was told I must pay the bill unless the homeowner acknowledges I moved. I was the first occupant when the new owners took over the house, so they probably do not even have their name on file. It seems I was just the most likely person to hold responsible, since I was the only name they could tie to the address. I was told they would do the shut off today, but would not supply a confirmation number (the very thing I did not have to verify the last request) nor would they provide a confirmation e-mail. I still will have no proof I requested the service be shut off.

I recently went in to look at my usage and realized every night between 2-4 there is a surge of power being used that is sometimes greater than when everyone is up. We unplug even our washer and dryer and we keep air at 77 so it doesn't come on. I then noticed on June 30th the surge was from 1-5 am. I am talking 4.5-6 kW being used per how the highest graph goes it 6 so someone tell me why? Cause I think something is going on that should not be. My bill is outrageous and there is no explanation on who is using all that electric. Why we have everything off and unplugged and no air running. Something smells fishy? Anyone else looked in their graphs on Southern Edison seen same thing?

My husband and his mother lived in our home since 1996. When they moved in my husband's mother called all of the utility companies to have everything turned on while my husband was busy moving. When they settled in, my husband paid all required deposits, but never bothered to changed it over to his name. In 1998 when we got married, I took over paying the bills, which had both his mother's name and his name. I figured we all had the same last name, so why bother changing.

In 2009 my mother-in-law died. Now presently, I am a disabled senior and my husband was working till 2013 till he had Spinal Surgery and suffered a Stroke, which caused him to be partially paralyzed and brain damaged. Before that, we were having a hard time paying bills, because his mother was no longer alive to chip in, and my husband was laid off from a Aerospace Company due to the economy and had to drive a transit bus, which paid considerably less money. Then our dog was paralyzed due to a stray dog attack. I would constantly have to make payment arrangements and I was trying to figure out how we could do this in our financial situation, especially, since we were almost losing our house, because my husband had to change the home loan to his name and we had a adjustable rate, which kept going up, so we could not afford to pay our mortgage.

I went on the SCE website to get on the CARE program and Medical Baseline. They would only do it if we change our account to our names, even though I called them in 2009 to tell them my husband's mother died. This whole time I already thought we had the CARE program, because I just filled out the paperwork and I was paying $75 a month, but still owed about $300. When I filled out the Medical Baseline, we were told that we needed to pay $215 for a deposit. I could not understand, because my husband paid a deposit in 1996. They said there was no record of a deposit and since we changed "the first name" on the account we owed the deposit. We did not have the money, we borrowed the money from our neighbor, but it was cash and after 5:00 pm, so no payment place was opened. They shutoff our power for 5 1/2 days and we just went grocery shopping.

We had to walk around the dark, my husband fell and I had to search for flashlights in the dark, so I could change my dog's diaper. Finally they turned it on when we had a attorney from HELPS a place that charges $30 a month to help with other issues and not utilities. When they turned off the power, we thought everyone's power was off. My husband who can barely walk or speak went out to see why it was shutoff and a meter woman was outside turning our power off. I was inside changing my dog's diaper and our door was opened. All I heard was a woman screaming. My husband was begging her not to shut us off and we were going to call SCE. She said it was too late. My husband ask her name and she refused to give it to him.

My husband said she is calling the police. I asked him why and he said that she got angry when he asked her name, so she said "what do you want to do? hit me" - my husband said that is why he came inside, because she was acting all crazy. Next thing we knew, the Sheriff was at our door. After he spoke to my husband, he told him do not worry about it and he left. A Raphael ** a review manager, said because my husband threaten a SCE employee, that he would not have the power turned on. Then a Nina from Consumer Affairs with SCE said if my husband went down to the Sheriff's station and signed a paper stating he will never talk or touch a SCE employee then they will turn on the power.

I told her the Sheriff already came by and decided nothing happened. Then Mr. ** wanted us to go down not to our Sheriff's Dept. but another Sheriff's Dept. which was 15-20 minutes away and it was already 4:30 pm and we would never make it by 5:00, the time they wanted us there. He finally called us back and said my husband just had to make a statement on the phone regarding the "incident". There is so much more, but we finally got power after the 5 days. But, the strange part is our bill became over $1600.

They wanted us to pay $125 a month towards the $1600 and our regular bill of around $165 a month. How can we pay $290 a month when we are behind our mortgage, other utilities, and our car payment. I have been trying my best and then the car was repo and we are being threatened to be foreclosed on, plus the Gas Company almost shut us off. We called the Public Utility Commission and they would not help. We got a email yesterday stating "sorry your husband is not doing well, but if you do not come up with $1200 by June 27th, then we will shut you off." I really like the part about how sorry they are about my husband.

There are not any contractors on their list that will come to our area so we are out of luck for a rebate for a new air conditioner. We are low income and cannot apply for a new a/c unit because our compressor is not working. It is a system of rebates and help for updating old appliances that does not make any sense if you live in outlying areas.

Not sure why, how SC Edison... and I'm sure the other power companies can raise the rates like they have with no explanation, no transparency, no regulations and get away with what they have... and are doing to us – its customers. We take care of a 92 year old (my father-in-law). We turn off lights when leaving any room. We rarely run our central air unless it's up in the high '90s and only then will we turn it on in the mid afternoon say around 2pm and leave it on until 5-6pm when the outside temps are getting back in the lower '90s. He's quick to turn on his room heater because he's old, quick to get cold. We purchase solar panels around 3 - 3 1/2 years ago. Bought them to help with our electric bill because of the high rates... high tier costs because basically his usage wanting to stay warm at nights or cooler during the day. We put a small, new efficient wall unit in his place... 8000 btu which he only runs when it's too hot to deal with.

We live in the high desert, Santa Clarita. We've planted trees around his place to provide more shade which that helped. But, my point is – with the solar panels... the way that SC Edison does their tiered usage accounting... there's no explanation of when our bills are going to be high or? I only hope that the powers that be... can bust these crooks and or at least get some transparency and clarity on the billing. With our solar panels we immediately saw low monthly bills but, it's all a joke. We got a bill for the difference after 12 months of paying $2-$5 a month of over $2,500 for the extra tiered charges that Edison does to you. So, with our monthly payment for the solar panel system, we're paying the same price for electricity as if we never bought the panels.

Whatever politicians, power czar crooks who are doing this to us. Please... we need to find the right and honest person to get these crooks under control. It's become a joke. I get it. A guy should be able to make a profit. But, not at the cost of what's going on today here in California. And you wonder why the anger with how our system is today with our citizens. It's not going to get better. They say our power costs will continue to rise 6%-8% annually. Why? They're not re-investing their profits into our power grid to make costs go down... only to stuff more dough in their pockets.

My commercial account was set up incorrectly. It was linked to my residential account! AND my tiny art gallery is being billed as a large business! The person who set up the account didn't ask me anything about how large my business was, what kind of business, and whether or not I wanted to have bills combined with my residential account! And now I've been dealing with incorrect bills for 2 months, with hours on the phone in the midst of starting a new business, which I can't open when I'm on the phone for hours, causing me to lose who knows how much money! AND I'm being audited by the IRS that NEED to see my business receipts and expenditures. I'm told I have to wait 6-8 weeks for billing to be sorted out with Edison. Tell the IRS that!

Neither my business name or address is on the bills I'm getting! Meanwhile, I'm receiving bills with incorrect balances with late notices being sent for bills with the incorrect balances - who knows what that's doing to do to my credit! Stop the automated system for a minute and fix this problem before you ruin my new business Edison! I can't afford to have my doors closed while I spend hours on the phone over the span of two months trying to show you that you've created a problem that you need to fix, explaining the situation over and over and over again to your poor, confused operators! One person needs to be assigned to this case to fix it immediately before a lawsuit happens! I have real work to do and I can't afford for you to continue not doing your job correctly!!

I've been on disability for some time now & was receiving CARE discount. I was dropped & informed that my disability proof of income is no longer acceptable because my usage is so high. I've been injured for a few years now & need a constant fan on. Also at night have had to keep a light on for safety reasons. We only use fans, have lights out in rooms not used, but were given an old dryer when mine went out & that more than quadrupled my bill. Help with appliances you say? Been given the runaround with that as well. Anyway, I have requested multiple times the documentation from IRS but have yet to receive anything in 6 months. Have spent literally weeks holding on the phone with IRS with no avail.

I'm a single mom with 3 kids living on an income far below poverty & that's not proof enough? It seems many others are having the same problem with Edison as well as obtaining documentation from the IRS. What a scam to deny this discount & make a quick buck. Too many people fed up with Edison & going to solar? How about a class action suit? Also, the poles behind my yard are so old that there is a constant LOUD motor sound & vibration, but Edison says it's too expensive to do anything, yet there are new houses going up down the street & they are changing out those poles. $$$. Our house was the first house built in this neighborhood. You'd think we would have some seniority.

After placement of the smart meter, there started a constant vibration in the house that you can actually feel through your whole body. It took a while to put 2 & 2 together & now others have told me they experience the same thing. I haven't really been much of a conspiracy theorist, but definitely there has to be some sort of connection. I had the smart meter removed & not only are they charging me an extra $10/month to check meter - I get that, well not really since they are saving money not sending people out all the time - but $75 for under 5 minutes of work is ridiculous. The vibration has stopped since removing meter but poles still give off loud hum which gets even louder depending on weather.

By the way, after the poles started escalating with the sizzling & loud constant motor hum & placement of smart meter I also developed 6 nodules on my thyroid which we discovered after I became increasingly sick & felt too tired to move. All & all it's quite frustrating, but seeing that others are having the same problem inspires me to give it another fight. Don't back down. No one wants to be in this position, I know I NEVER thought of myself in this spot. I made good money, but used all my savings waiting years for disability insurance to kick in after a botched surgery. A suit against SCE might be necessary. Good luck to all. Shame on you SCE!

I was renting a house in Agoura Hills for 5 months. I had previously rented a house in Malibu. All my bills ranged from $250 to $350 every month. All of a sudden my bill went up to $2,000. SCE claims now that I owe them $2,808 for a 3 month period. I have tried to solve this problem. They won't help me. I had absolutely nothing extra going on at this home for those months. I questioned the fact that someone might have hooked something to my power. They did not bother to check. They simply limited their response to a mere "I am sorry." I need help as I cannot pay this outrageous amount that I know I don't owe.

Southern California Edison Company Profile