2. Homeowners

California

3.9/5 (257 ratings)

About Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern California Edison?

Original review: May 13, 2021

I am a general contractor trying to re-build a home for some really nice folks whose home was destroyed in the Bobcat Fire (Edison started the fire). I need to set an appointment to have an Edison rep out to the property but I cannot get a hold of them. First call I was on hold for 2.5 hours before finally hanging up. 2nd call right at 7am, the outgoing message said approximate wait time 1-5 minutes. 2 hours later, I finally hung up. They burned down these poor people's home and you can't even get them on the phone to help?? I am in complete disbelief. How can they get away with this??

Original review: May 11, 2021

On 4/8 I was charged $400, (which I pay Edison a year ahead so I have a credit). That night a duplicate payment was to be charged for another $400, but I was able to put a stop payment on my account before it hit. I faxed in my evidence, and 2 weeks later, still no response. Just that a new billing software was put in, and I have to wait. In the meantime, the 2nd potential charge was stopped from hitting my account, but they took my 1st $400, and my Edison statement does not reflect my credit for the year.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2021

For the last 2 days I have been trying to contact So Cal Edison by phone. Yesterday I was on hold for 1 hour and 30 minutes before I finally hung up. Tried it again today waited over an hour before I hung up. The recording blames the wait times on some upgrade they have installed. Wouldn't you think an upgrade would improve the system and not slow it down. Disgustingly lousy customer service. The public utilities commission should investigate this because the public has little or no access to their information. Too bad we don't have options if we did I'd switch immediately.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Worst company in the US. No e-mail service to contact them. Normal wait time is over an hour, no matter when you call. On-line is out of order for the last month. HORRIBLE company. We need to lobby for a different company in South California. They change the customer number for service without informing the customer, so paying a bill via phone is IMPOSSIBLE. I would rate them a zero, not even one star.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I've had solar panel for 3 years. Every single year my system overproduces what I use by @3500 kw per year, and they think I owe them over $3K for each year. They won't send a tech to look at my system and keep giving me the runaround and not responding when someone needs to come and see their meter system is not functioning properly. What can I do?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I signed up for this program to save money on my electric bill. I was told it would only be up to 6 hours a few and only when necessary and would not damage my unit. Each time they turn it off my unit does not reset until the next day and this is after I have to turn the breakers off and on 3 times. So I am without air for 12 plus hours in the heat of the inland empire. Sce decision to turn off the ac unit during the heat waves when the temperature are at a high dangerous level is beyond me. I have high blood pressure and my daughter has a new born baby at home. I contacted SCE after my air was off for 5 days because of their program and I told them I was falling Ill, my daughter was having nosebleeds and the baby was getting heat rash and unable to sleep. I demanded to be removed from the program due to health issues as stated in the contract I have the right to cancel before 12 months.

I asked that the device be removed from my private property. A service ticket was order and they said someone will be at my home in 3 to 7 business days to remove it and check my unit. Now 3 weeks later we have another heat wave with temperatures at 120 degrees and SCE takes it upon themselves to turn off my ac for the 3 day weekend. The first day I got no answer to my message until 8pm when the tech acted as if she did not know why I was still on the program and said she will contact the supervisor. Day 2 and my ac is off again and no one is answering me. We are all feeling Ill again, my house is 90 degrees inside with no relief any time soon.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I have been denied service while maintaining a good payment history, I have been charged for services that were never used, treated very poorly by the staff and even had one staff member use profanity during the call. I wish that there was a different company to go through, however there is none. If you you move to California beware that you will have to use these scammers and will be provided with profanity, horrible service, and most likely be denied service even if you pay your bill on time.

Original review: May 7, 2020

We received a letter from what looks like a third party, "marketplace" (Edison?) that we had used more electricity than anyone else in the neighborhood. Not possible, an absolute lie! What is clear, that Edison is basing their billing on this marketplace info, not on a "ghost" employee supposedly reading the meter. This story is way too long to tell all that has happened, but we were over billed several times. We started taking pictures of the meter and it clearly shows that the numbers on the bill are way off compared to the real meter read!!

Contacted Consumer Affairs Branch from CPUC and of course they are on SCE side, more lies. They say it was a simple mistake. For real! A "mistake" shown on paper. This is purposely done by SCE in the hope that customers will let it slide. I am tired of being bullied by SCE. CPUC did nothing and consider the case closed. As long as they keep estimating, this case is never closed to me. Note: one of the investors in SCE.... CPUC, therefore filing complaints with them is useless!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I am upset about the current information about power outages in my area. First, I did not receive a notice about an outage on February 8, 2020 in my area. I received a text message yesterday, February 7th stating that my power would be out on February 8th from midnight until 2:00pm on Sunday. My neighbor said she received a notice stating power would be out on the 8th from 8:30am until 2:00pm on the 8th. It was confirmed by a phone call to SCE. It did not happen. I checked the website map and was even more confused. It was perhaps the most confusing map ever with no explanation as to what the colors meant. Secondly, why is this work (requiring an outage) being performed on a weekend when families are home? I am sure the employees doing the work are being paid double or triple time which will be passed on to the customers. All around VERY POOR planning and information on the part of SCE.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

My bill for Edison showed electricity was being used in my home during a power outage in my area. I called and informed them it was incorrect and received a call back 2 weeks later. They sent out a technician to test the meter, which showed a dip in usage when we didn't have power. The lady dealing with my case called me back and told me the opposite, that our meter matched the information they had. I was at home without power for 2 days and I find it very concerning that Edison is claiming they do not know the correct dates and times a power outage occurred...It's also very concerning that they are claiming our meter is accurate. How long have they been overbilling us? I will be filing a claim with CPUC.

Southern California Edison Company Information