New Jersey

2.4/5 (596 ratings)

About PSE&G

PSE&G Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2012

When I very first applied for PSE&G on Jan 2008, I was naive to what I was getting myself into. I had just received my voucher for section 8 in Manville, NJ after years of instability. I also was 6 months pregnant at the time. It was a relief to know now I have a chance to give my baby a manageable upbringing. The PSE&G in my first apartment wasn’t so bad. I wasn’t there because I had a sickly pregnancy which enabled me to do for myself.

The issue occurred on Jan 2009 when I move to my second apartment. I was living there for only one year and my PSE&G bill was over $3,000.00. I moved Jan 2010 because I couldn’t afford the gas bill. So I moved again to where I reside now. After living there for about a year or more, I never receive a bill from PSE&G and I did change over the service to the new address. When they finally turn my service off, my PSE&G bill was about $8,000.00. That’s when I hit rock bottom at the wrong time at that. I had just got custody of my nephew and he had a serious dysfunction case pending. I offer them all I had which wasn’t much compared to $8,000.00. I tired finding other sources to help me pay my PSE&G bill but I was denied. It had been months living from house to house and in the dark with a 1 and 2 year old. I didn’t know what to do.

I finally filed for bankruptcy until I realize that was not what I wanted to do. But by that time, my PSE&G had issue me out a new account and restored the service. I know that my old account will catch up with me very soon and I don’t know what I’m going to do. Please help me, I need someone to investigate my account, meters, boiler, PSE&G and their mistakes and whatever else there is to look for. I’m afraid that my gas and electric will go off in the winter. Please help, its tax season. I didn’t make much but I have at least a $1,000.00 and willing to make a payment arrangement. I seriously want an attorney to call me about this complaint as soon as possible. Thank You.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2012

My small business has been in business since March 2011 and doing business with PSE&G since then. Every month I have paid my bill on time with no fuss. All of a sudden in October I received a bill for ten times my usual amount. Since that time I have called and spoken with customer service representatives and managers upwards of ten times, all telling me different things with different solutions none of which have lowered my bill. My last two bills have been the low amount I am used to paying with no explanation for why my previous bill was ten times higher (my electricity usage has been consistent since the beginning). At this point I have no choice but to pay this bill lest my electricity be shut off.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2012

After being a loyal customer for over 13 years, and never being shut off, PSE&G adds a deposit to my bill, in the amount of $314. I am currently behind on my bill, but I am just back to work after being unemployed. If I don't pay the $314, they will shut me off on Feb 7th. I am amazed at the strong arm tactics PSE&G uses. Their customer service people are not the friendliest people. Maybe they should outsource that portion to another country.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2012

A high-voltage power line belonging to PSE&G broke and fell on my property, doing $695 worth of damage. I filed a claim, but all I received was a letter saying the repair was my responsibility. I don't see how they can get away with not paying something that was clearly their fault, either due to lack of maintenance or faulty equipment. I even wrote the CEO to ask him to intervene. He did not even respond.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2012

I’m disabled with MS and two small children. My bills & light don’t add up. The bill is extremely high for 1 bedroom. I can’t control my breaker and they won’t come out and look.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2012

My daughter lives in Newark, NJ and she is a single parent working at a minimal job and trying to support herself and her daughter. PSE&G refuses to come into the building to read the meter right and estimates her bill each month and as a result, her bill is now $1,600. She has asked and asked PSE&G to take the right reading and let the landlord know when they will be there but they will not. Now they want to shut her off on March 15th. She does not have this amount of money nor do I to help her because I am on social security only. Please help!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2012

I have a worry-free contract on 3 of my appliances (washing machine, dryer and dishwasher) through PSE&G. A while back, I had an issue with the washing machine, it stopped draining properly. I called PSE&G, and scheduled a service visit. I was sent an incompetent, incoherent young man, who spent all of 5 minutes in my home, and told me that the motor was bad, and I needed a new motor. He told me my contract didn't cover the motor, and only covered very minor repairs like belts, etc. He stated that buying a new machine would be a cheaper option, than repairing the motor.

Now, I have purchased a new washing machine based on this information. I removed the washing machine from my service plan (since it is brand new, and covered under a manufacturer's warranty), and placed my gas stove on the plan instead. When I made the contract change, I finally received in the mail a worry-free booklet called terms and conditions. I never received one of these, when I initially started the program.

I needed to schedule a visit for my dishwasher, and while reading what is covered and not covered in the booklet, I now find that my washing machine motor was covered, and that the service person lied to me, and was indeed totally incompetent. I find that when calling in about this issue, I am met with deflection, arrogance, unwillingness to listen to consumer's concerns, etc. I think PSE&G is fully aware that they sell these plans with no intention of ever repairing anything, no matter what it says they cover or not. You can't contest it. They say it is up to the service person sent out to determine, and if he's a idiot, then you are **.

I've been having shady thoughts about PSE&G in the last several years, anyhow, they are handling bills and determining usage. I think this corporation needs one big government investigation and shake-down, as I believe they are pulling from the poor, big time. And now, after what I've just witnessed on the phone, talking to several customer service people and several supervisors, I'm convinced of it. There are big, big, big ,cover ups going on here. Do something about it.

I should have had my washing machine repaired by the contract I was paying for, and should not have had to pay to buy a new washing machine. Next week, I have scheduled two service visits for my stove and dishwasher. I know what is wrong with them, and I know (per the contract booklet) that these problems are covered by my contract. If I witness the same kind of devious deflection and runaround, I'm prepared to do a whole lot more than just post and whine here.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2012

I have had an issue with PSE& since Oct. 2010. When I was shut off for non-payment, I was advised at that time that I hadn't paid my bill during the entire year. I contacted PSE&G, they had the wrong information in the system, and the situation was supposed to be corrected. Within a week’s time I received 2 bills; one for a regular payment and another well over $5,000. I was in shock.

I contacted board of Public Utilities. I am still in the process of having my bill corrected, I was accused of not paying, yet I provided them all necessary documents that state otherwise. My electric has been shut off several times for non-payment, which was after they received my documentation stating otherwise. I have written everyone at the BPU to assist me. Again, this is still ongoing. PSE&G will turn your payments made by check into an electronic withdrawal and never sending your canceled check back to your bank. The only thing that shows up on your bank statement is Ac-Pseg Ca-Arc-ck0000000000000189. It states that PSE&G received the money, yet PSE&G advised me that they needed to do the research to see where my money went. The balance still shows up on my bill, which appears as if I have a high balance, in which I do not.

I was forced by PSE&G to pay $700, as if I had never made a payment in order to have my power restored, and I was advised by the BPU that the refrigerated medicine that I needed to take would simply have to be placed in an ice bucket. I was just shocked. I am still waiting on my credits. My bill still reflects a balance that I do not owe and the BPU is still coming across as if I did something wrong. I recently asked them if all the people who have suffered at the hands of PSE&G filed a class action lawsuit what would they do!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2011

I paid my overdue bill and was supposed to get my gas/heat restored by midnight tonight. I called customer service at 11:00. They told me that it wouldn’t be turned on until tomorrow, 12/29/11 after they told me on 12/27/11 that it would be turned on that night by midnight. When I called this evening, the supervisor for customer service apologized and told me that my order was sitting in the system and no one "caught up on it" and that it was a glitch in the system. She went on to say that she would "freeze" the orders and have mine restored first thing tomorrow morning, 12/29/11. Now, the temperature inside my house is 35 degrees. The heat has been out since December 20th. Is there an attorney out there that would like to take on my case?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2011

PSEG has been told repeatedly not to send estimated bills. I was hit with a major actual bill in September for over $500 which comprised of estimates since March 2011. It put me in a huge financial hole. I switched provider to Viridian in March. I believe they are doing this on purpose as I am still getting estimated bills. They have access and was provided a key in order to enter the premises. There is no reason to give estimated bills. I was advised that if my bill goes past due over 60 days, I would lose Viridian and would revert back to PSEG and would not be able to reactivate the account with Viridian. I paid $148 in November (which I received an estimated bill and I only paid what I believed would be the right amount based on the actual bill I received in October). The rest is disputed until an actual bill is made.

They estimated my meter reading in November to be 44096 and on December 9 to be 44631. As of today, December 27, my meter reading is actually 44116, nowhere near their "estimated amount". I am extremely upset that I am being overcharged and then harassed with huge bills when they decide to do an actual reading. They even had the nerve to tell me to give them the reading over the phone. I refuse to do their job for them. There is no reason why their personnel cannot do their job and read the meter. They told me that they could set up an appointment to come out and read the meter and that I should be here. I don't see a reason why when they have the key.

I am not going to miss a day of work for them. They are just being lazy and making it difficult for me when they know they are wrong. I have spoken to PSEG on numerous occasions about this and have been ignored and harassed. This is just a ploy to get Viridian out of the picture and force me back to PSEG. This should not be permitted. Please help me to rectify this problem. I don't even know how much I truly owe and do not have the means to be throwing money towards inflated bills. I am the sole provider in my home and their $500 plus bill has created a major hole financially for me that I am still struggling to get out of. I paid the bill in one lump sum. They even had the nerve to call me to collect on this balance which they had just billed me and I had not received the bill until two days later. PSEG should be sued.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2011

I too had my power turned off due to a misunderstanding and we promptly paid the past due amount. We were promised the power would be restored by midnight tonight and it was not. I am sitting in IHOP typing this and I am not happy. PSEG has ruined my week and Christmas. We paid what we needed and the customer service was terrible.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2011

I am a teacher with an outstanding credit rating who has lived in Hoboken, NJ for over 7 years. I signed up for the electronic bill pay with PSEG, but with all my student loans and other bills, I did not remember to check my electronic account. Without any notice except for the electronic bills that I did not check, in the middle of winter, without a courtesy call or any notification aside from the electronic bill, my electricity was cut off. Payment was never an issue. I had the money to pay my bills and it was my mistake that I did not check the electronic bill, but to have no other notification, no other reminders, no nothing, I think it is unbelievably irresponsible for the company to act this way.

Any other service for which customers have a choice in companies, when there's any competition, this is not an issue. If I ever miss a phone payment, credit card payment, a cable bill payment, any other type of service, the company has always called me and I immediately paid my bill. Again, I repeat, I have a great credit rating. The few times when I missed a payment for anything, I paid as soon as I was notified.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2011

My opinion of the company is an extremely low one. Our services were turned off, about 3 weeks ago without warning. When I called in, I waited on hold for over an hour, before I spoke to a human being. I asked why I was shut off, and why I was not notified of the shut off by phone, or mail. It turns out, all of the bills, and anything else they sent to me where mailed to an address I hadn't lived in for over 3 years! When I realized what had happened, I asked how much I needed to pay to get it turned on. I paid it, and was told someone would be at my home by midnight that evening.

Nobody showed up, and every hour we called, we got the same song and dance. Someone is coming, but we can not give you a time. I stayed home from work the following day, and the same thing happened. Someone is coming, but nobody did. We called the corporate office the following morning. I lost 2 days pay, a fridge full of food, and they were also told my son has asthma, and uses a nebulizer, but that is not the end! Now, about a week later, I received in the mail, a check from them. The money I paid to have the service turned back on. They had sent the payment to the wrong account! I called again, and asked why they continued to mess up my account. The man I spoke to was not so nice, as were most of the employees I spoke to there. He told me I had to resubmit the payment. Anything and everything I requested from them could not be taken care of.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2011

When PSE&G acts on a shut-off notice, the time it takes to turn the service back on after payment is unreasonable. They have until midnight, even if you paid early. Power is a necessity, and many things like people's livelihood and health become an issue without it. If someone doesn't pay their bill, it is either because they can't afford it, and need help, or an oversight, and it was a mistake. I feel the BPU gives them too much power, and this leaves the consumers at their mercy too often. Someone should do something about it.

We still have no power even after payment was made 7 hours ago. This also affects our heating system, hot water, all the refrigerated items, and one of my pets that needs heat, because it is a tropical bird, and I can't really bring him out of the house, because its too cold to take him elsewhere. There is also a power outage in the area now, so me having power is not even important to them at all. I called, and that's pretty much what I was told. I get bumped.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2011

I had an overdue bill due to a banking error. Without prior warning, they shut off my power. I called at noon on a Monday and promptly offered full payment in the exact amount. PSE&G wanted as well as the method they preferred without any complaint or excuse. They accepted this payment and I requested that they try to prioritize my reconnection because health issues were involved. They stated they could not give me an exact time, but that my power would be restored that day. I called again at 5pm and asked what was happening and they assured me that work crews were in my area and it should not take long and took my phone number again.

I called them again at 8pm and they said that the phone number was not placed on the work order but would be now and should be completed by the end of the business day if not sooner. I asked what time the work order was placed and they put me on hold, then came back to tell me that the information was never recorded. I called again at 11pm and spoke with a very rude woman who did not let me speak at all. I reminded her that there was a health issue involved and that it was illegal to give a false impression of timely service restoration when health issues were involved.

She immediately told me they did not have to talk about that, that they had a disclaimer that covered them on liability and that for any further discussion on the issue I would have to speak to their legal department which she assured me has no problem handling claims of this type. I still have no power, my food & medication are going bad in the refrigerator and PSE&G seems to be trying to teach me a lesson in obedience. I can't imagine a court system that would allow this type of behavior from a utility that people's lives rest upon. Shame on PSE&G, shame on the legal system that allows this.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2011

The storm of October 29th 2011 has taken out our light via a branch that was entangled in the cables and ripped out our meter along with cables from the side of our house. We have been without light for over a week now and we have contacted PSE&G numerous times.

We are freezing and need help. Please help us. We are suffering in this house. They have told the landlord several times that they will fix it and never do. The transformer on the street is broken. The cables to the house are repaired. Last time that I saw a PSE&G guy was Wednesday. It's Saturday and still nothing! Please help us. We have no light or heat for a week now!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2011

Our power cable was destroyed in a storm on 10/29/2011. We called PSEG every day, and every day, we heard the same: "The power will be restored before midnight on..." They only restored power on 11/05, after very unpleasant conversations with customer service and finally, some manager. Extremely poor service when you really need it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2011

Storm of 10/29/2011 caused us to loose power. As soon as we lost power we called PSE&G. We were told that they would be out to us on Wednesday Nov 3rd, that never happened. We called back on Nov 3rd & they kept telling us that they would be out to us on Nov 3rd right up until midnight. Well, it never happened and now we're told that the date was changed to Friday Nov 5th & that we're secondary, meaning the last to get power back.

Why did they keep telling us we'd get power back on Wed Nov 3rd and not only that the other side of my town was out for a short time on Saturday but that side of town was back up and running in no time, but PSE&G never came to my house which is on the other side of town. I don't get it! We're being put off because I'm the only house without power. I pay my bill on time & never complain about it and the one time I needed them, they did not respond in a timely fashion. Not fair, poor service. For a company that big, you'd think someone could get to 1 lone house and put the line back on the pole. If I knew in advance that they were not coming out until Friday, I would have contacted an electrician early on to have them come out & put the wire back on the pole. Poor Service and we're at their mercy in this day and age. It's unbelievable. The least they could have done was be honest and let us know that they were not certain when they could get to us.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2011

My parents are experiencing extreme financial hardship. My dad is a disabled ill senior citizen with a serious heart condition, and my mom has very little income. They have been trying to get on a payment plan with PSE&G (Central Jersey Light and Power), but the electric company won't cooperate. My parents don't have the money to pay in full. They lost any money they had to medical bills. The electric bills are out of control and the charges exaggerated. Even hospitals offer payment plans.

My dad's doctor filled out and signed a life-sustaining equipment certification for my dad who needs heart equipment that's run by electricity, yet the power company shut down my parents' electricity anyway. They did not honor the doctor's order, and now, they have no electricity, water, or heat. They are suffering physically and emotionally, and when I tried to call the power company on their behalf, the PSE&G managers/operators were rude, extremely insensitive, and abusive towards me.

I had enough! This is totally inhumane and needs to be exposed on the news. What can my poor parents do? They will freeze to death. Is this what America has come to? Treating its citizens like trash? Who is responsible for fixing this? Is the last resort legal action? Can someone provide me with some guidance? I have read so many consumer complaints on here. Why are authorities letting this monopoly control and kill people? This can't be legal!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2011

On 8/2010, the electrical meter was blinking. On 9/2010, PSEG came and replaced the meter. After that on 10/2010, my bill came to $13.706. I call PSEG and i said this is not all right. Something is wrong. I will not pay $13,706. They came and shut my power off on 10/2010. From that date, I'm using a generator and I received a bill for $1000 every month without having service.

On 8/2011, I called PSEG asking why I have a bill of $1000.00 a month without having a service and they said, "No, you have a service." I said, "No, they cut the service from the pole." They said there will be investigation. Ten days later, they came and took the meter. On 10/17/2011, I received all statements from 10/2010 to 10/2011. They gave me credit for the $13,706 and my new balance is $1,512.

Okay. When I went to PSEG walking office, I asked how much do I have to pay to reconnect the service and they said $400.00. Okay. I paid $400 and they said they will come to turn the power back on this afternoon. I was waiting to 9 o'clock and I called to find out why they are late. They said the job work order is out and will be there. They are working until midnight.

The next day at about 10:30, I called PSEG customer service asking why they are not here yet. They told me there is no work order to restore the service and I should go to local office to find out why and i did. In this office, they told me not to worry and gave some time and they will be there. I was waiting all day and all night. Nothing. The next day, I went to the same office and they told me the PSEG customer service add the $13,706 back on to my account and the new balance is $15,218 and nobody knows why. I don't know what to do.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2011

Pseg disconnected our gas and electric because we couldn't pay our whole bill. We were only paying half of the bill, so we paid it in full right away. I called Pseg customer service, and they said that service will be back on before midnight. They kept us waiting for 20 hours, with no power and no gas. The next day, at 8am, I called them again. They said a technician will come to turn service on again, but nobody showed up. We don't know when they will come back. I hate Pseg. I will switch to another public service as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2011

PSEG came into my home and stripped the dishwasher door while removing it and I was told they were ordering parts to fix it. It's been over a month and I have had over 20 phone calls to numerous customer service people who have all lied and said they would look into this and let us know when the part would be in. I have been calling for weeks and found out today no part was ordered and the supervisor keeps disconnecting me. When I begged, I finally got to talk to him. All I want is the dishwasher which they damaged to be fixed. They will not give me any answers other then than, "Supervisor is working on it." Please help me in resolving this somehow. Thanks. They also repaired my refrigerator which leaked and caused water damage to my cabinets and wood flooring. I complained this to Tony *** who told me to file a claim.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2011

PSEG charged me a deposit for almost 400 dollars. They are unbelievable and they charge people with whatever they want. They are a monopoly.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2011

Every other month for the past 10 months, my gas bill has been well over $100. While in the past several years it is normally less than $30. I am doing nothing different. The gas bill is for my cooking stove only and I do not cook regularly, only boil water each morning for tea. I have called multiple times for bilking inquiry and was told to go down to my meter and read them the numbers after which I am told I must pay the large amount and they will have someone check next cycle. This is unfair to continue to be forced to pay incorrect usage for $100 plus amounts for boiling water for a cup of tea each morning.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2011

I have been a customer with PSE&G for several years, but I have been paying way too much money each year. I really do not know what to do at this point. I have been having a hard time this past 2 years. I was injured at work and I had back surgery. The only income I was having was worker's compensation. Now, I am collecting unemployment and I have no money. PSE&G turned off my power a few weeks ago and I have no money to pay. Well, I do not have $1,000 to pay, that is what they are asking for. I asked for some type of help, but they denied everything. I have 3 small children and they didn't even care. As a costumer and parent of small children, I need to have electricity and I will pay my bill. I just needed some time and payment plans. I think they are taking advantage that they are the only company here. They are too cruel to some people. They are also charging too much money. I really hope that someone really changes all this someday.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2011

I had been on an equal payment plan with PSEG for years, approximately 30 years. Up until last year when I was unemployed for the months of July and August, I did not question my bill. Money was tight, so I began to monitor my bills. My equal payment plan was $330/month. My usage was only $179/month. I checked my online bill from over the past bill and found that this had been going on for 9 out of 12 months.

My oil heater no longer works. It has not worked in 6 years and needs replacement, but with the recession, I have not had any money to replace it. I am not eligible for loans or grants since I am in bankruptcy to keep the roof over our head. My daughter and I have been using electric space heaters in the winter. I had been giving PSEG sometimes $600 or $800 a month. When I tallied up my payment to PSEG, all equaled to $9,000 for 1 year. I only used $6,000 electrical and had no gas service at home.

I called and emailed PSEG. The only thing I got was an Excel spreadsheet with the same figures of my bill that I downloaded. PSEG cut off my electric on October 2010 and demanded payment of $600 more to get it turned on. I only bring home $30,000. In addition, I had to pay $411 plus regular Equal Pay Plan of $711/month. I demanded that I be taken off the Equal Pay Plan and PSEG never reconciled my bill every 6 months with this Equal Pay Plan as they say they would while pushing this program. I had been paying my true usage of $179/month with a $1,600 balance and growing from the over payment they refuse to reimburse.

I came home 3 nights ago to 1/2 my electric in my house off. I thought it was a fuse. When I checked, I thought I had to call an electrician. I paid the first electrician $196 to diagnose the problem. I was told that this was an immediate fire hazard and must be fixed. As printed on the estimate, the repairs would $4,800! He needed the money upfront, and he would file the insurance paperwork with my homeowners and I would get the money back as an insurance claim. I didn't have that kind of money, so I got a second electrician who told me the electric was only coming in 1/2 of the house and showed me with a tester and the problem was out on the pole and was PSEG's responsibility to fix. My main breaker box was fine.

I called PSEG who stated that they shut off my electric 1/2 way due to non-payment of an overdue balance which is now $2,084.38.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2011

I have a landlord who is delinquent on his mortgage and his bills. He has a $4,400 balance owed to PSE&G, and I pay him for electricity. I have a separate meter for gas, and a credit with PSE&G due to overpayment. At one point, they over billed with a $600 charge, and only after six months of excuses, I received a $350 refund. I spoke to PSE&G concerning the landlord and was told that my power would not be shut off. My PSE&G Account Number is **, the landlord is Van **, and his PSE&G Account Number is **. I am aware that it is illegal for separate rental units to be on the same meter, as is the case here. This was also explained to PSE&G.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2011

I have been fighting for a new electricity meter for 2 years. I had to call the Board of Utilities and complain. PSEG told me that I had to pay and have an electrician to take care of the problem. My husband and I saw the news and the news claims that PSEG had a problem that their meters were faulty. I finally received a new meter, but they needed to do an investigation of the meter. Well, they forgot and tossed the meter and I was told that it is what it is. I received a letter on Saturday stating that they owe us $560.00 credit. I still have a problem because this can not be for 2 years and my warranty contract was eliminated from my bill because they felt we were still behind our payments. I am never home, I work 2 jobs . I have to pay for a repair now due to the fact that when they came to turn the pilots back on, they almost blew my boiler. I feel they owe me lot more that $560.00 for 2 years. To make matters worse, they came today to disconnect my utilities. Thank God my husband was home and showed them the letter that they owe me money. I need someone to look at my whole account for 2 years.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2011

My name is Lafah **. I am a compliance officer with the United States Department of Labor/OFCCP. I am writing because I have a dilemma. On June 24 2011, I filed an application with AHA, an agency that help individuals and families who are seeking temporary relief in paying their electric bills. AHA is an authorized NJ Shares Intake site, assisting those with moderate household incomes by providing a one-time hardship assistance payment per calendar year. AHA also administers a Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which assists low-income households, particularly those with the lowest incomes that pay a high portion of household income for home energy, primarily in meeting their one-time or monthly home energy needs, depending on household eligibility.

AHA sent me an email on August 8, 2011 stating my file is complete and ready to be proposed to the utility company (PSEG). This process usually takes about 3-5 business days and to make sure my services remain on in order to receive the grant. On July 11, 2011, my services were shut due to non payment. I called PSEG collection agency the same day and made a payment for 174.95 and set up a payment plan for PSEG to turn on the service. My payment was processed and an ** male came to my apartment and turned on my electric.

On August 15, 2011, I received a phone call from Tamiko ** case worker processor (True Utility Program Ph: 732-982-8710) stating that her supervisor on August 30, 2011 attempted to pay my balance of $734.14; however, an individual from PSEG stated that my services were off as of July 11, 2011. She also made me aware to receive a grant my services must remain on. On August 16, 2011 I spoke to a representative from PSEG who informed me that my services are off. She explained that whoever turn on the power on July 11, 2011 never updated the account. She also went ahead and updated the account.

Due to the lack of care in customer service and administrative error, my services may be shut off on August 31, 2011 and could face severe financial hardship. PSEG has failed to ensure its obligation in accordance to NJBPU regulations. The administrative error caused by PSEG confirmed that managers and customer services employees are not implementing the procedures efficiently, as well as the company’s compliance with its Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and Title 18 Section 241-242. I command my utilities be restored immediately and redemption compensation of 734.14 USD paid to account number **.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2011

I'm a senior advocate and I am helping a senior with her PSE&G bill. To make a long story short, her husband had cancer, and she has medical conditions. PSE&G allowed the bill to reach over $10,000 and now they have turned everyone off. What I don't understand is how PSE&G allowed this bill to get this high before taking any actions. No suitable solution has been offered for this senior to correct this issue and she has no lights or gas. This is unconstitutional. PSE&G needs to change their policy, not to allow this to happen. I'm doing my best to help this senior out.

PSE&G Company Information