2. Homeowners

New Jersey

3.8/5 (264 ratings)

About PSE&G

PSE&G Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Even without storms, Long Island’s electric service under PSEG is terrible. More outages than a third world country without mosquito nets. Taxes up the wazoo and this is the best you can do? Bring back LILCO... HEY CUOMO, DO SOMETHING!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Want to share my experience with WorryFree service for repair of a dishwasher. Got confirmation of the call beginning of June and the dishwasher was repaired middle of August after 5 visits of 3 techs and 2 out of 3 wrong parts. After every visit I had to speak to a supervisor to negotiate a tech return date. When I provided feedback on their site I got the following disappointing response: "Sorry to hear about this ordeal. I'm glad it has a happy ending! Is there something I can help you with?" I blame myself as I had previously had already a bad experience I have not learned from: Paid for years for my dryer insurance and when needed service was told my dryer is not covered.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We lost power due to the storm on Tuesday around 12:30PM (8/4/20) and PSE&G's ERT is Sunday (8/9/20)-5 days yet I have not seen a single PSE&G truck or crew in this area. And they do not reimburse for food lost. Why? I just went food shopping spent over $500 and all that food gone. Most people are struggling right now to make ends meet because of COVID and to have to throw out all that food is beyond wasteful. I have receipts and proof on my account. NY, NJ and PA all sold out of generators you can't even rent one. I have a child with asthma a dog with heart disease that are suffering badly. Now to top it all off we have to close all the windows due to more scattered showers and thunderstorms.

I spoke with a PSE&G rep who informed me that it's better to just keep calling to check the status because the website and text alerts are not always up to date or accurate yet she gave me even less information then the alerts. The rep advises her system is not showing when power will be restored but the text alerts are saying Sunday August 9 by 3pm. I am very disappointed in how PSE&G responded to this outage. You receive emails from PSE&G prior to the storm stating how they're preparing for the storm and that their grids are stronger. Well it's obvious that they are not and PSE&G learned NOTHING from Sandy.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I have been calling PSEG, log in to my account etc...Spoke with 5 different people. Emailed 3 times. Chat with the expert and so on...But nobody really help me. My bill was going up even (I have a small restaurant) I shut off 1 refrigerator and an ice maker because of Covid 19. I am not even using air condition even it is 90F outside. The business went down to 60% not cooking that much.

This Aug. 5th my bill is over $321. I called them again and they said to take picture of the meter and send it to them. And I did. But nobody really helps me. I think they are trained to lie. My bill last year was about $250. That was the highest. But I did not say anything because I know I was using a lot. Now I don't know where they get that $321. They said I can pay installment. But that is not the issue. I can't believe a company as greedy as this treat their customers as nothing disregard all the complains especially this time of pandemic. If there is zero star that should be your rating.

Original review: June 25, 2020

This house was built in the 70’s and the A/C unit is the one that was installed back when the house was built so we are talking about a unit that is 45-50 yrs old.... unit stopped working 06/24/2020, I called for technician to come take a look and PSE&G sent someone the very next day. Let me tell you, this guy went above and beyond... He replaced a circuit, a connector and some other thing... Then thank god he stayed to confirm unit was working because 10 minutes into unit running it suddenly stopped.... He said “your motor is done”.... I figured he will just give up and tell me to stop being cheap and upgrade to a new unit but instead he got on the phone to try to find a replacement motor, obviously there is no replacement motor for a 50 yr old unit so he tried using a universal motor and it worked....

Unit is now working great and I saw the bill and I would’ve have to pay $1178.00 but instead I paid $0 thanks to WorryFree... best decision I ever made enrolling and yes, machine will any day now die for good but this guy was out there for 4 hours working on it and got it to live a bit longer, even if unit dies tomorrow I’ll know it was because of how old it is and not due to poor repair skills. Couldn’t be happier. Thanks PSE&G.

PSE&G response

Good morning Fernando

Thank you very much for letting us know about your positive experience, we appreciate the feedback and are happy that your AC is working. I will pass the information on to the technician who made the repairs.

Have a great weekend.

Jacqueline

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I got a problem with my Samsung washer. It was very easy to schedule appointment online. When technician came, he ordered needed part. Next day the part arrived. Chris came to replace this part. He is very professional, detail oriented and competent. It was wonderful experience.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

We bought a York furnace from PSE&G thinking that they know good equipment since they service it. Not true. Our York furnace is 11 years old BUT we’ve had problems since day 1. We’ve had most of the components replaced but still have to call for service at least once per winter season due to no heat. Often we’ve lost heat more than once in a season. PSE&G says the New York furnaces are better. Just stay away from them. Since I’m a regular service customer, it seems my calls no longer are meaningful. More than once a technician was “rerouted “ after he was on the way for an “emergency.” They simply don’t know how to fix the equipment they sell. Time to look for a new furnace but not YORK!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I purchased a Worryfree for dryer and washer machines. I called them for a problem, they said, "No you have to change the machine!!!!" I called to speak with a manager or a supervisor, they said they are busy but she will put a note for them to call me back, it’s already one week and I am still waiting for the phone call. Really I don’t know what to say??!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

PSE&G worry free is a scam! You kept paying monthly for that. But when any of your appliances broke down, they would send the guy to come take a quick look and just said “sorry can’t fix it, the part is way too expensive and better get the new one”. I end up having other local regular guy come and fixed it with the fees, of course but not that expensive like PSE&G guy said it. SCAM PSE&G. Please, everyone don’t fall for this scam.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I had my issue with my heating system. Called PSEG to schedule appointment for the worry free repair service. Got appointment for next day. Tech arrived on time and was able to detect the issue and fix it in less than 30 mins. Excellent service.

PSE&G Company Information