1.29/5

Need a utility company?

New Jersey

Need a utility company?

459 PSE&G Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have had a worry free contract for many years on appliances. I called this week because my central air was not working. PSE&G Tech comes to my house, tells me it is a broken wire in my outside unit. Refuses to look at my inside unit at all because he was sure of himself. He said it would take a few hours to catch up so he couldn’t check if his fix worked. Of course the house was still hot and the unit still broken. Called them back. Tech comes today telling me I need Freon but he can’t add it because it’s not hot enough outside to know how much to add. Told me to make an appt when it is hot. Wouldn’t even look at my inside unit because he was sure that was the problem.

I called 2 other air conditioning businesses as soon as he left and they both told me they can absolutely add that to my unit no matter the temperature outside. I called back PSE&G to speak to a supervisor. They would only take my complaint and said the supervisor will call me back 24-72 hours. Done with them and these worthless contracts. Made an appt with a local business to fix it. Now I have to pay but at least they want to fix it and will add my Freon tomorrow. The whole worry free contact is a sham. Don’t do it!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

PSE&G makes you wait at home WITHOUT POWER for some guy to restore your power (FROM OUTSIDE) and gives you NO ABSOLUTE or estimated time for this restoration. My question is WHY DOES ANYONE HAVE TO WAIT for the guy to restore your power from a meter switch that is OUTSIDE of your home?

Forget trying to pay with Credit Card, there is a different number you have to call to get it sorted and THEN you have to call PSE&G back, to give them a confirmation number (which you have to go thru the entire system just to get a human on the line for). Whoever is running this show ought to be shot or needs new management. PSE&G, please use our hard earned cash & UPDATE your service.

Original review: April 2, 2019

My service was disconnected this morning at 9 am. My bill was up to date and not due until the 5th. Apparently they cut the power off on the wrong house, which ended up being my house. They shut it off within a 30 min period this morning while I took my kids to school. Almost 2 dozen calls later, it is 8 at night and my power is STILL off. My house is almost below 50 degrees. I have 3 kids and one is a baby. I’m beyond furious!!!! Customer service claims they can’t phone the technician to get a time frame. Since when!? They can phone them during work calls but not for reconnection? This was not even MY fault. They also said that the tech has until midnight to turn my power back on. The amount of thievery this company is able to “legally” do is baffling. I have so many unruly and disrespectful things to say, but I’ll keep them to myself. No wonder why they have such a bad reputation. Disgusting!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Payments of $131.91 on 7/16/12, and $112.28 on 9/13/12 have not been applied to the account. This has been an issue for 5 years, and I cannot seem to get through to them. I believe they applied these against a Sec Dep, which I never knew was on the account. It is time for them to apply these two payments to the account already. They do not seem to have employees that understand the situation. I have the spreadsheet, that they finally provided, and these two payments are not on it. I cannot understand how these people are still employed. Seems like PSE&G has many complaints regarding billing and payments issues.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I pay my bills online through my bank account at TD Bank. I made a payment on December 7th for $254 for my electric service, and even though it was removed from my bank account, it was never credited to my account at PSEG. I have called and written letters. PSEG has an email address specifically for payment issues. I have provided to them the precise info from my bank that they require to resolve the issue and all I get back are letters that they can't find my payment. On the bank's side, since I authorized the payment to them, they can't do anything to reverse it. The bank can prove that PSEG received the payment. I am really angry as I don't have a spare $254 for mistakes. I have obviously had to repay that month to ensure my account is kept up to date.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PSE&G?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I was surprised with my gas/electric high bills. My December bill was $116, which is quite high for someone who lives alone and has no appliances except the fridge. I leave home at 7am to come back around 8pm. To test the honesty and accuracy of PSEG, I shut of the heat completely just to use it one hour in the morning and one at night. To my shocking surprise the bill instead of going down, went up to $178. I called PSE&G to clarify. Their explanation was BLAME it on the extreme cold weather. When I mentioned that the heat is shut off for almost 22 hours during the day. Their funny answer was that the pilot of the boiler still consumes gas at high rate. COMPLETE RIP OFF. I don't know whom to complain to or where to sue these blood suckers. Any suggestion is highly welcome.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Please WAKE UP Sleeping Clifton Electric Officials. On 9/4/2018 I have paid $4,924.04 for new connection at **. AS OF TODAY NO ELECTRIC CONNECTION IN 6 MONTHS. Whereas PSE&G Gas new connection I paid $550.00 on 10/5/2018 and has gas meter connection in November 2018. PLEASE WAKE UP SLEEPING ** of Clifton Electric Department. They need lane closure from County and I learnt that PSE&G Clifton office submitted application to county on Jan 15/2019. What the heck is going on here. Someone PSE&G Clifton officials sitting on my application and sleeping deep for 6 months without any action. Can you please forward this complaint to Karen Reif. Hope she will take care of that.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I continue to call monthly (for the last 6 months) regarding my electric bill. PSE&G continues to bill me estimates because their employees are too lazy to take a true reading and/or follow-up with the true issue. I call customer service and tell them nothing has changed on my side, why do I continue to get estimates for electric?? We have not had an estimate on the bill in over 4 years. My issue is that they continue to say a supervisor or management person will call me back but of course that does not happen. My concern is they are taking bad estimates and will charge me 6 months back electric bills. All I want is a true reading. If I wanted estimates, I would opt to pay estimates monthly!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

We had a mandatory pipe replacement done on our street. Since then in the month of December 2018, our heat bill more than doubled. The heat boxes are unmanageable - we went from 68 degrees in the bedroom to 88 unbearable heat. Hard to find someone to fix this. To top it off my heat bill just came in from $220 at most a month to $520. Beware of the company policies and procedures as you work full time and trying to fix this it's quite a challenge. Already paid $200 for an item that the contractors broke - now $300 for heat. Still not fixed!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Very unhappy with this company and their lack of care for their customers. I've been a customer for the last 2 years since I've lived in NJ. I called them because my electric bill was 4 times higher than it was the month before. It was $70 in November and it mysteriously jumped to $330. The customer agents I spoke with made me wait forever while they tried to explain their billing, which they didnt even understand. HAHA. They told me I needed to check with my apartment complex because the problem seems to be on their end (if there is one) not theirs. I will pay double but four times?! There is a problem!

PSE&G Company Information