3.75/5
Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a utility company?

Last updated: March 2, 2018

8 Oklahoma Gas & Electric Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 2, 2018

My electricity company is OGE. Their customer service is usually very helpful but you occasionally will get a rep who is not. They have programs in place to help those in need and programs to help control the rising cost of electricity such as windmill production, solar panel grids, which unfortunately there is a waiting list for. They offer average billing and smart saver program where they give a smart thermostat for free and install it and during peak hours, it controls the temp from 2-7 pm when electric cost are the highest. They also offer a free weatherization program.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Usually the customer service was good... sometimes you get that one who acts like they didn't want to go to work that morning but if you're nice to their customer service they are usually cordial with you. My bill seemed to steady climb every month but after talking with customer service and others several times we finally got it straightened out. When I stayed in other states the price seemed a tad bit higher. As long as you do your part to conserve the value should be okay. I really had no problems with their reliability... as long as you paid your bill you are good. I never experienced a power outage but I am assuming that if for some reason I was to have lost power it wouldn't be too long of a wait to get power restored. When I first received service they were really quick out there to turn on my electric service.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

They were friendly and supportive. You get great customer service in fast and timely manner. They knew how to work with me, every time I called I got a real person that was concerned about my problem and got the issue right the first time, very nice. They definitely go beyond the extra bit to assure you're happily taken care of. Excellent value. Very reliable service. Definitely liked the experience.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

The customer service was very friendly and really catered to my needs. I felt like a priority and not like a annoying customer that was asking too much. I thought the bill was very reasonable. They told me what my bill was going to be and I was pleasantly surprised when it was lower than expected. I think they have a very valuable product and it was nice because they made me feel like a valuable customer which was important because of past experiences with other companies. I was surprised at their reliability. They were available when I needed them, their products were the quality that they advertised and they really make you feel like you matter to their company.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

A girl name Becky set up my service. She was so friendly and nice. She was so good she should get a raise. She has outstanding customer service skills. I enjoy talking to her. My bill was the same. Great deals here on electric and gas. Great people who work there. They have great quality value. I never been treated with such great customer service. Great team work, outstanding, amazing, talented. Reliable on the device because my payments not never go up. If I had problems staff members help. I love this place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oklahoma Gas & Electric?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Oklahoma Gas & Electric has great customer service. I had a problem with a bill once and the associate was very helpful in explaining and working out the problem. The bill from Oklahoma Gas & Electric are usually accurate. During high electric summer months, my bills are usually the same so I'm not surprised by high bills I can't afford.

Oklahoma Gas & Electric has competitive rates compared with other companies. I usually know that I'm paying a lower rate than other companies available in my area. Oklahoma Gas & Electric are always reliable. When there is a power outage, all you have to do is call and they will fix the problem in a timely manner. They always concerned about their customers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Anytime I would call it would always be somebody that couldn't speak English and they never wanted to deal with any problems. Being on hold for hours at a time. Just a horrible experience. The bill is a lot better than it is in my new city. Great prices. Never had a complaint ever about anything that had to deal with Bill service or what I was charged while using this company. Best value on any gas company I have ever dealt with. Always kept low rates and never messed up while doing estimates. A pleasure to deal with in that aspect. When I did have a issue was really hard to deal with the customer service, is not up to par as do not wanna deal with anything you are trying to get handled, so reliability I'm a little uneasy on.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The customer service was usually fine. The people are usually helpful, but there a few times where the people are downright rude and unhelpful. I never had that much of an issue with my bill. There were times where I felt overcharged, and it turned out to be true, but those were few and far between. There are better companies for your money, I'm sure. The best way I can describe the overall value of the service is, okay. The majority of my experience was fine, but the hassle in the problematic moments is something I'm glad I left behind. For the most part, the service was reliable, but the problem times that arose from time to time were bordering on ridiculous to resolve.

Oklahoma Gas & Electric Company Information