3.8/5 (569 ratings)

About Duke Energy

Duke Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Duke Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Duke Energy?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

After hurricane Ian, Duke worked really hard to put our neighborhood's power back on! Each time we have a hurricane they have always restored our power in a timely manner! Excellent customer service. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

We have had a number of electric problems due to our new construction and nearby woods. Duke Energy has done an excellent job fixing all of our various problems and getting us up and running again as soon as possible. However, there is one man - Chris ** - who has consistently gone beyond the call of duty to not only learn the complex system of wires and poles nearby, but to also step in and help the rest of the crews to understand where to look each time we've had a problem. During our most recent issue, Chris called me personally and told me he saw our "out of power" report, and he was coming over to save the day once again. In this day and age of impersonal large companies, Chris is such welcome relief! Chris completely understands the real cause of our problems, and he's made sure that there is a permanent fix scheduled. I wish all Duke Energy repairmen were like Chris!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Being a Duke Power Energy Customer for almost 40 years, in NC, they have always been energy conservative and trying to make their product more efficient. Then why in the good world would you add another piece of paper to your bill to show basically nothing to an average household provider. One piece of paper times how many Thousands of customers???? Rewrite your bill on a single piece of paper, and pass that onto your customers.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Recently we had two of your employees come to our town (Shenandoah, Iowa) and stayed at our Hotel Shenandoah Inn & Suites. The two men (Brandon and Lorenzo were the employees first names) both employees were very kind and respectful. Thank you again for choosing our Hotel for your employees. We Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Infrequent outages usually brief and excellent communication with notice updates via text messages. Also regular monthly emails about current usage and tips on energy saving ideas. Also provide average use for homes similar to their customers homes.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Stay away if at all possible. It would be easier to go off grid than to deal with these crooks. I was in Biloxi MS for Kateina and Rita, and they had their power back up for people faster than this. We lost power yesterday at about 5 p.m., it's now 10:39 a.m. and still no power. My friends that were actually hit in FL by Ian lost power for 8 hrs, we just got wind and rain and we have been without power for 17 and a half hours???? You people suck at your job!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I have been thoroughly disappointed in the billing system of this company. I signed up for automatic payments last month because it finally let me, and it did not go through, so we didn't realize we had missed a payment. And also, before signing up for automatic payments every time I log on to my account it never worked so I had to log on as a guest and pay the extra fee for doing so. The billing system has some serious problems and we also did not get a notice that we had missed a bill, nothing. It has been awful, and beyond expensive for our rental property. I've never reviewed anything in my life up till this point, I just felt the need to do so now. It needs to be fixed.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

It goes out ALL THE TIME. It takes weeks for restoration. Packing up and going to stay with family out of town because it just went out again, and it'll probably be out for weeks. Illegal monopoly. I hate Duke with all my heart and soul. It's literally garbage. YOU'RE GARBAGE, DUKE.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

A few years ago I faced the pain of losing my mother and a great friend on the same day. I never thought I would feel so desperate again until I need the service of this company. Since last Tuesday until now, a number of neighborhoods in the city of Ocoee have been without power for no reason because Hurricane Ian, fortunately, never touched us and obviously we just had a storm... I have a sick person at home and little children. The situation is desperate and no one from the electricity company has spoken so far. Electronic devices, medicines and food are spoiling due to this terrible failure and largely due to the terrible management of Duke Energy in fixing the problem. There has been no way to communicate directly with the company and since yesterday we have been cut off. To its owners, its shareholders, its pathetic executives and its workers, wherever they are, I hope they never find peace or rest.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

My power was up and working fine through the storm, after it pass at some point I believe they turn it off for whatever reason. When you call customer service they tell you there no updates now.... I'm in Day Two, and their customer service still unresponsive on customer care. They know they never sent any one out to fix the problem. They knew it. Possibly so they can make false claims to the government for emergency pay off who knows but something not right when their own member services knows nothing. First time in years their service is unresponsive. Simply don't show any care. They did nothing to send their workers out.

Duke Energy Company Information