3.8/5 (562 ratings)

About Duke Energy

Duke Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Duke Energy?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I enjoyed the safe way to protect my tickets without a outrageous cost. The tickets were good and about 22% lower than buying them through Ticketmaster. Safe and secure checkout. Thank you so much. I would be worried about the tickets being next to each other, but from the website it looks like that is the norm, instead of staggered throughout the complex.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

After hurricane Ian, Duke worked really hard to put our neighborhood's power back on! Each time we have a hurricane they have always restored our power in a timely manner! Excellent customer service. Thank you!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

We have had a number of electric problems due to our new construction and nearby woods. Duke Energy has done an excellent job fixing all of our various problems and getting us up and running again as soon as possible. However, there is one man - Chris ** - who has consistently gone beyond the call of duty to not only learn the complex system of wires and poles nearby, but to also step in and help the rest of the crews to understand where to look each time we've had a problem. During our most recent issue, Chris called me personally and told me he saw our "out of power" report, and he was coming over to save the day once again. In this day and age of impersonal large companies, Chris is such welcome relief! Chris completely understands the real cause of our problems, and he's made sure that there is a permanent fix scheduled. I wish all Duke Energy repairmen were like Chris!

Original review: May 14, 2022

Being a Duke Power Energy Customer for almost 40 years, in NC, they have always been energy conservative and trying to make their product more efficient. Then why in the good world would you add another piece of paper to your bill to show basically nothing to an average household provider. One piece of paper times how many Thousands of customers???? Rewrite your bill on a single piece of paper, and pass that onto your customers.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Recently we had two of your employees come to our town (Shenandoah, Iowa) and stayed at our Hotel Shenandoah Inn & Suites. The two men (Brandon and Lorenzo were the employees first names) both employees were very kind and respectful. Thank you again for choosing our Hotel for your employees. We Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Had no problems the entire time I had service. Decided to move locations and cancel my service since I no longer needed Duke Energy. Was then told I owed double what my bill should have been. When I showed them that I had paid them the bill they said I owed they said there was nothing they can do about it and said I still owed double the amount. Very poor service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Options are very very limited If you are low income And If you are low income and you try to apply for their assistance 9 times out of 10 You will be denied. Even if you try to get an extension on your bill you will be denied. They just keep raising my rates but not letting me qualify for any assistance.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I allowed them to draft my payments out of my bank account so when I moved, I called and paid my final bill with a Discover card (2 weeks before the due date) and they drafted it out of my bank account again. When I called to report this, I was on the phone for over an hour, just to get no results because nobody knew how to refund me for this… My power was constantly going out for no reason, one month I was gone for 3 weeks and my bill went up (how is that???). They need to let MOUNTAIN ELECTRIC cover the power up here in the mountains!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

Lafayette, IN. Ongoing outage for 59 homes. They were informed at 8am. No updates until an hour ago. No rain, tornado or other weather hazards. We are surrounded by houses and buildings with power. No one on phone can answer any questions. No info given out anywhere. Horrible, Horrible customer service.

This is a city not a one stoplight town. Zero excuses acceptable. 13 hours and no one can give any info

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Stay away if at all possible. It would be easier to go off grid than to deal with these crooks. I was in Biloxi MS for Kateina and Rita, and they had their power back up for people faster than this. We lost power yesterday at about 5 p.m., it's now 10:39 a.m. and still no power. My friends that were actually hit in FL by Ian lost power for 8 hrs, we just got wind and rain and we have been without power for 17 and a half hours???? You people suck at your job!

Duke Energy Company Information