1.0/5 (91 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

We have been owners for a couple of years now and must say we do not have one positive thing to say about this company. In simple words, they are corrupt and will lie about everything they are selling to you. They will tell you everything they think you want to hear in order to get a check. When we have been able to use our timeshare we are constantly harassed while we are there to attend meetings. If you don't want to attend they will call your room constantly as well as sending employees to knock on your door. I'm not sure about you, but when we go on vacation we go to relax and the constant harassment really gets in the way.

We had to reach out to Wyndham 3 times before we were ever acknowledged. We had a representative set a call with us and inquire on all our issues. She told us that she would get back to us with a decision on cancelling our contract and we never heard back from her which we find completely unacceptable. We have been going back and forth with Wyndham since April and we will not give up. We will not pay another penny to this terrible company and won't stop until we are free of this nightmare!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I purchased 2 cabins on Princess cruise line through Wyndham RCI. The cruise line canceled the cruise, NOT ME. Wyndham then said I would not get my money back because it was a certificate. After months and months of waiting, one room was put into a certificate and the other, WYNDHAM RCI says was canceled by me??? Now I have to reschedule at a time when no one knows what the cruise lines will do next year. I now have 3 days to make a reservation with the 1 certificate. The other is gone. So WYNDHAM RCI will have stolen $7,998.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Wyndham is a corrupt company that lied to me to get my money. I was under the impression that by signing the contract I would pay a set monthly fee until my purchase price was paid in full. Never once was I informed that this was not true and that my maintenance fees would increase annually. Booking was never supposed to be an issue and I was told I could go anywhere in the world I wanted at any time.

I quickly learned that this is simply not true because the availability of any desirable location is completely booked. My timeshare has only been used on time for a weekend trip and it wasn’t even me who went. I have never used this money draining timeshare and I never will. I even reached out to Wyndham directly and spoke with Michael ** in the Owner Care Department. After one conversation with him he denied me any type of resolution to my issues. Of course, this did not sit well with me so I reached out to Mr. ** again just to be simply ignored. I am done paying a company who has no intention of admitting when it is wrong and correcting it. They used false information to get me to sign a contract with them and will not even acknowledge it or me. They have TERRIBLE customer service and I highly recommend to anyone who reads this to STAY AWAY!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

We have been members for well over 20 years and it is now time for us to part ways with Wyndham. We have had difficulty using our membership and payments continue to go up. We have recently reached out to cancel this membership and were denied because of our account being overdue. This is disparaging, being that we have put so much into this membership and company. We recall being informed in 2014 that we had 1 million points and that we could sell back contract number ** with Wyndham Vacation Resort Pathways. We just want to rid ourselves of this completely. Like I said, it’s time. The membership is very difficult to use and payments continue to increase.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I have only had terrible experiences in every one of my interactions with Wyndham and their employees. Since the beginning, I have experienced issues with trying to use my membership to book vacation stays. When I mentioned this to your representatives, they told me that I simply did not have the right type of membership and were very quick to help me correct this, with an additional cost, of course. However, this did not help anything, now I just have a larger bill and still cannot use what I was sold. I am tired of trying to use this and want to be let out of this obligation. My attempts to resolve this with your company directly have remained ignored. Do not believe them!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Wyndham lies to us about what we are purchasing. They told us we could do all these great things and take all these great vacations but all of it is a lie. No matter how many points you buy it is either never available or you never have enough. The entire Wyndham timeshare organization is a scam. When we tried to resolve this with them they only wanted to offer minimal points back. We do not want points. We do not want Wyndham.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

This company has repeatedly shown they are not for their people or their customers. Only their money. I reached out to cancel but never heard back from my sales rep because he left and the company tells me "tough luck". I do the right things and this company still blames its people. We are stuck in debt for a lifetime because our sales rep left and no one informed me or got back to me.

We purchased with Wyndham in 2019 and have never used it. I reached out to the timeshare to request a cancellation based on the company’s sales processes. None of what they sold was true and they took advantage of my wife and me. I suffer from PTSD, chronic migraines, anxiety, depression as I’m a disabled veteran. The sales people keep you in a meeting for hours on end with high pressure, pushy sales. They back you into a corner and it was all a lie. I mentioned this to Owner Cares, Grant ** and he had no care for me as an owner. He is not for owners and their truth. He denied to help us saying “you were not under duress” during the presentation. How can someone know what I am going through? What I have been through? He told me I was not suffering from anything. There is no humanity here.

Also, I tried to communicate with my sales rep several times within our cancellation window about my ownership and canceling and he NEVER called me back. Grant finally told me he’s no longer with the company so there’s nothing they can do for me. LIKE IT’S MY FAULT our sales rep is gone. I did my duty to attempt to reach out but I AM STUCK WITH THIS because he happens to no longer be here. WHAT KIND OF ANSWER IS THAT. I stand by us deserving a cancellation and full refund but I will NEVER work with Grant ** again. He is inhumane and he blames people for things out of their hands. We want to hear from someone higher up, please.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

The entire Wyndham organization is a scam. They use untactical sales pressure tactics and lies to force people to buy and then of course never deliver on anything they promise. When trying to speak with them about the issues they treat you even worse and try to make you feel stupid. I spoke with one of their representatives named Heather and she was terrible. They offer no help and only want to take your money. We are so fed up and want nothing more to do with this company. We have called, emailed and written letters as to many of our complaints, however nothing has been done.

One representative called one day, and I flat out told him that if Wyndham was the last company on earth I wouldn't buy from them. I told them I was going to try and sell my timeshare and the representative told me "Good Luck". After looking into trying to sell we found that there are many people in the same boat as us, that they have been trying to reason with Wyndham for years to no avail. We just want out. They should not be allowed to do business anywhere.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Wyndham made promises that they had no intention of keeping. This company treats their Owners like idiots and constantly pressuring, bullying and harassing them trying to squeeze every last dime out of you until there is nothing left to squeeze.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The rooms need a good cleaning and the nasty carpet needs to go. We are currently here, it’s after 1am and so noisy we can’t sleep. The jerks above us is out on the patio smoking weed, partying. You hear other neighbors open and close the patio doors at all hours. Took forever for security to answer the phones. They advertise a shuttle service to the parks. Universal leaves at 11:20, the park is at capacity @ 10-11. They pick up at 5 which doesn’t make sense since the parks close on weekends at 10pm.

Our TV doesn’t work, you get the impression they don’t take the steps like Disney does regarding cleaning for COVID. You're charged for housekeeping per day. You can tell it’s an assembly line people going and coming. Sales reps words, Wesley ** - YOU picked the place. He talked to us like a child. Wyndham pays “take a break” a marketing firm to bring people in you are not to blame Wyndham.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

First off, if I could give them a zero rating I would!!! When we signed up for the presentation we were told that we would be out of the building in no more than 120 minutes. Well that didn't happen, they don't care about your time or schedule. And we told them as soon as we walked in the door that we had no plans to buy anything. We missed a pre-scheduled concert because of this company. Told them we had to leave and they promised $100 if we stayed. Decided to stay and then it got ugly after that. Bet I told them 25 times we had to leave.

Once they finally 'believed' we had no plans to buy the product, then the rude and ugly behavior came out of them. Of course they said they never said they would give us $100, only if bought their product. That didn't go well with myself or husband. Needless to say words were said and we probably will never be allowed back on their property! No loss to us. What they forget is when someone is unhappy they tell 10 friends and those friends share the experience with another 10 friends. Hope no one else goes through what we had to endure.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Well, for the 2nd time in 5 weeks, I have been delayed multiple hours in checking in. All the front desk can say is, "Housekeeping knows you are here." As an owner for 13 years, you would expect some service or benefits. But, noooo. As I write this, it is approaching 5 pm. Rest assured, if you aren’t out by check out time, they are ready to beat you with a cane (exaggeration intended). Once you purchase, and choose not to sit through the “60 minute” presentation that they promise is only 60 minutes, you get treated poorly. If you are looking to becoming an owner at Wyndham, you are crazy. If you do, you are stuck with it. Don’t listen to the lies by the salesman that you can sell it. Wish someone would have told me 13 years ago.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have been trying to terminate my membership with Wyndham since we’ve had this membership. It was only about a week later when we called to cancel it and were told there was nothing that could be done and that we were stuck with it. The sales rep even agreed with my husband’s statement that “we would have to die to get out of it”. We will no longer pay because we want this cancelled immediately.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Years ago I got involve in this timeshare thing which I regret dearly. I was persuaded by my wife which she thought would be ideal to be part of not knowing how much of a big scam it is. Do not believe everything they tell you. It’s all lies. Trust me. I’m paying the price right now. Fees are outrageous. They go up constantly without you knowing about it. Once you sign into it you will not be able to get out of it. You are hold hostage. STAY AWAY...

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The Wyndham Rewards cards - especially the new iterations - are superb for Wyndham Resorts and hotels, and WorldMark time share owners. Purchases and fees for these organizations can be greatly offset (even completely!) by using these cards within their systems. (They are good for use elsewhere, but other rewards cards may be better for use outside of the Wyndham Resorts, hotels, and WorldMark time shares.) We use our card for all recurring maintenance fees, reservation fees, and housekeeping fees. The rewards given are very high (x4 to x6 for all costs). And, except for to very top tier card, they are free of any annual fees. Also, the Barclay's Bank processing is clear and accurate and their online app is very easy to use.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

We have had ZERO return on our investment with our timeshare purchase from Wyndham. The sales rep told us this would “solve our travel issues” but since we purchased back in 2019 we have yet to find any time to book a trip when and where we want to go… EVER! To make matters worse the maintenance fees keep growing and we keep getting more and more sales calls to pressure us to buy more points. Why am I paying to maintain something I never use? Why would I want more points when the points I already own are useless? The credit card interest is high and is hindering us from buying a new home. We were told to go to the bank and refinance for a lower interest rate. When we tried this the bank wouldn’t even loan us the money.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We were told that by buying this timeshare that we would be able to vacation whenever we wanted in these beautiful facilities, but that was all a lie. There is never anything available when or where we want to go. We have been brainwashed into meetings that have taken our vacations from us. We can not enjoy a family vacation due to the meetings and harassment from Wyndham. Wyndham has turned our life into a nightmare. We are supposed to be living "Golden Years" but because of Wyndham we have very little quality of life left.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

HUGE pressure during the sale pitting my wife and sales gal against me to make the sale. Ours was around $15,000, semi annual every other year in Kona. But NONE of the promises from the sales pitch were true. Telling us that the points will roll over automatically if not used, that we can book any associated hotel literally while you are in the parking lot and use points towards it. Never being told that we can ONLY use the points on every odd year. Took our Money with Nothing but broken promises to show for it. VERY disappointed and dissatisfied. Not user friendly. That's for sure. My last conversation I was handed through 4 different people before they told me I can't make it work for a weekend in October 3 weeks away.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We attended a presentation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in August of 2019. After spending six long hours of our vacation eating, touring condos, and sitting through sales pitches we declined their offer. That is when they offered us a “trial membership” that we could have for two years and then decide if we wanted to buy as members. We left that day thinking we did something awesome and were really excited.

We took our first vacation in February of 2020 with one of our friends. At check in we were told we would have to attend another meeting but it was not a sales pitch since we just started our “trial membership”. We attended the meeting and that was when we were informed we had to buy a membership or lose out on the “amazing discount”. We politely declined their offer but our sales representative Alexis ** acted very confused and disappointed. She proceeded to ask what Wyndham could do to change our minds. This was when we directly asked her if we could cancel our membership at any time if we wanted to, for whatever reason. She then informed us that we could cancel and walk away with no penalty at any time. So we decided to go ahead and become members.

Since February, we have come to realize that everything promised to us is a complete lie. You cannot give your membership back at any time like we were promised and if you try to they basically laugh at you. Also everything else they promise during the presentation like vacationing anywhere in the world at any time, being an investment for your family, and never having issues with booking are all a lie. We have already wasted too much time and money on something we have not even been able to use. We want out of this terrible burden and to be free of Wyndham forever!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I booked an until in Hawaii on the Big Island and had to cancel with Wyndham Extra Vacations due to Covid-19. I was told that my $200 deposit would be returned by check in 72 hours. After a week I called again and was told it would be 2 to 4 weeks. After a month I was again put off and told they had a wrong phone number (which had nothing to do with a return of my deposit). Three month later I am still waiting for the return of my deposit and now considering legal action. I would never deal with this company as they have not been honest with me.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

We said no to the first saleslady. So she brought her boss and we told her NO we cannot afford it. A 3rd man came in and we said we do not travel enough. This is our first trip in 11 years. Then a 4th came, now it's been almost 5 hours and we are feeling pressured. We wanted to leave and caved in. Now that is 2 bad marks against you: Wyndham lied and said it was not a timeshare and your company did not listen to our financial needs. But we were free to get on with our vacation and excited as it has been so long. When we got off the cruise we tried to cancel and they told us it was too late. We were stuck. We do not want to have anything with Wyndham. I look at anything that comes in from Wyndham and it makes me angry and now I want to get rid of my anger and you guys have a way to do this and should help us as it was your mistake and pressure that got us in this problem.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

My wife and I got suckered in to a timeshare presentation. Upon arrival when I was asked why I was there, I stated because it's not a timeshare presentation. The high pressure salesman told me that it what it was and he's talking to manager to try to get us our prizes for showing up and fill out incident report so this doesn't happen again. Well for 3.5 hours he was our best friend, then goes on to what we would be approved for, I said again, "I'm not interested and it sounds great for a couple with money but I'm not interested." He said ok. A 2nd person came over, and said we qualify for the hero's package, now went from 400 a month to 250, I politely declined, then a 3rd person came over to have us take a (survey) then tried persuading us to buy.

I finally got a lil pissed. Lady felt it and let us out of there with our promised gift. Let me tell you gift was not worth it. Our new found best friend Chris (high pressure sales person) wanted nothing to do with us, it was concerning how a person can befriend you for 3.5 hours then flip a switch when he realizes you really aren't going to buy his product. I'm sure someone with money and travels 3 times a year this is a great deal but this place doesn't care if you can afford it or not, want it or not. My advice is not to do it unless you have money. Don't accept any free stuff to sit for some presentation. It will ruin your day. The sales people were worse than a used cars salesman.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I have been an owner for almost a decade and this was the first time I felt conned by the sales team. I usually going in understanding the process but this time after five hours and exhausting discussion, I believe that I missed a key thing regarding the payment. They indicated an increase of $200 and instead when I reviewed it was actually a $400 and not within my budget. I am disappointed because I didn’t agree to what I was locked into. I take responsibility for aspects because I should have come back since I was late for an appointment and had been there for 5 hours with no food or water offered. Just really felt that I was taken advantage of. Sadly I was open to increasing my points. Just wanted them to be honest and not lie about the numbers. Now I need to figure out how to cancel this because I can’t afford it at all. So disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Our timeshare was purchased in 2015. We have only been able to use it 2 times in the past 5 years....all the while we were still paying for it even with it going unused. One of reasons is their “points” system. Our points are always “too low” to book when and where we try to book. We are very disappointed with this purchase and would not recommend to any looking to vacation.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I was offered a 2 night/3 day stay @ Glacier Canyon Lodge, Wisconsin Dells, WI if my husband & I took a 120 minute Wyndham timeshare tour. My husband and I did it and did receive the 30,000 points toward hotel stay and Joe stayed under the time limit promise. Joe ** did an amazing job presenting the company. We didn’t purchase, but we did enjoy the tour and appreciate their honesty and that they did not use high pressure sales tactics or bullying. And we look forward to using our 30,000 points over the next four years to get free or cheaper hotel rooms!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

We stayed at their Atlantic city resort this week. After check in we were ushered to another counter to sign up for our feedback meeting. They offered us $100 to give them feedback. This turned out to be a sales presentation for their vacation club points. I was offered 400k pts a yr for over $100k plus 000s in annual maintenance. I told the agent I can buy 500k IHG points for $2500. They said but that isn't owning and only for one yr. Ok I do it for maybe 10 yrs and would cost less than what their maintenance cost is. Starting telling me all the way to get the maintenance paid with their credit card, bonus etc. From reading other reviews this is all lies.

Finally was offered a foreclosure. 126k pts annually for $19k+ [original cost $40k] plus reg fees plus $1080 per yr maintenance. We ended up talking about other things and left in 1 hr 42 minutes. After leaving I read a lot of reviews online. One of which said if interested buy thru eBay. I went there and looked and saw 126k pts for the AC resort for $10.50. Yes ten & half bucks plus the $1080 maintenance. I might have brought that if for say 10 yrs but like Scientology, the commitment is forever.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I stayed at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston (07/10/20-07/11/20) en route to visit family. It was "the worst" hotel experience in my entire life! The floor was filthy, feet blackened walking from bed to bathroom; towels dirty and grey; pillows unwashed & found pubic hairs in the sheets. In sum, it was the worst hotel experience of my life. I will "never" ever recommend a Wyndham hotel to anyone ever again, gross. I literally slept in my clothes because I was so grossed out about it. ** After spending a sleepless night in the hotel room at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in North Charleston, South Carolina, I summarily went to the front desk in the morning and wrote up my complaint. "No Managers" were available at the time!? Why "NOT"? Why were NO managers available???

In my entire, life I have never stayed in a more disgusting hotel room such as this one. It was filthy and gross. On my trip to visit family, I also stayed at a Radisson and a Best Western and they were wonderful and clean and welcoming. This hotel was the exact opposite. There were people smoking marijuana in the parking lot. It was more of a poor apartment complex than a hotel. Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is "NOT" fit for the public. If Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham was bulldozed, burned down, and rebuilt it may be an improvement--maybe?!?

Furthermore, I should also note, there was no water in the pool and there were frogs living in the pool and croaking happily. Well, at least the frogs were happy?! What hotel has frogs living in their pool?!? There was no complimentary breakfast whatsoever. (And while I understand, COVID-19 virus is happening, there is no excuse for this. Other hotels I stayed at on my trip, a Best Western and Radisson, had take away breakfast!) In sum, it was the worst hotel of my life! Really, it was. I have to think hard when it was I stayed in a worse hotel. I should be given a full refund with explanation in regard to how dirty this hotel, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, truly was and why it allowed guests to stay in a room so dirty?!?

No guest should have the experience I had at this hotel, ever. Honestly, I stayed at your hotel because of the "name of Wyndham" because "Wyndham Hotels" was supposed to mean something. I had stayed at Wyndham hotels in the past and they were excellent such as the Wyndham Resort in Orlando, Florida. Now, however, because of my experience with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, the Wyndham name means "garbage" and "trash" to me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We have tried and tried to receive help from your company and received no useful help. We have sent multiple letters expressing our concerns on how we feel like we have been absolutely taken advantage of but no one seems to want to help us. During the sales presentation, we were told this is such a wonderful investment and how wonderful being a part of Wyndham is but this has been one of the WORST experiences of our lives and we feel like Wyndham has trapped us and will not let us go. We have been trying to get out of this for TWO YEARS. Wyndham has put a huge weight on our shoulders and we are only asking to be let out of this nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

After quite a long time as owners with Wyndham, we have come to regret ever making the decision to even look into timeshares. We’ve been through so many pushy, disingenuous salespeople with Wyndham that we are under the impression that Wyndham either purposefully hires people with those attitudes or trains people to have those attitudes. Either way, we were routinely advertised to falsely and had been given false understanding of Wyndham's obligations to us and our obligations to them as a timeshare company. The initial purchase of timeshare was made in late summer or early fall of 1988 at Sapphire Valley. It was for a week of use in the fall season and for a specific type of unit at Sapphire Valley.

The presentation probably took 3 to 4 hours and I decided to go ahead and make the purchase that day. I had heard about this through some mailing that I received and I thought that it was what I wanted based on how the information was relayed to me where I could have a scheduled time each year to get away. My wife and I talked over the next several days about how we needed to reach out and get this albatross off of our necks. Timeshare has been nothing but a nuisance to us and has robbed us of so much money that could have been spent on very good vacations. Knowing that timeshare doesn’t sell on the third party market for very much and that it take years is such a slap in the face to the enormity of money we have spent on these contracts. It hasn’t been worth that much to us and it isn’t worth that much to anyone else either.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I absolutely would not recommend buying a Wyndham timeshare… Exaggerations, misleading sales representatives, and an emptying bank account. To briefly summarize: We were constantly pushed by the salespeople to upgrade. The few times that we actually did use our timeshare we were pressured into attending meetings. Meetings that were pressuring us into upgrading our contracts/membership. We are supposed to be on vacation and having a good time and it is annoying to have to attend meetings where they just pressure you into more, more, more. All they care about is money. They don’t care about their customers. We were promised that we could use our points for certain things if we upgraded. Nope, not true. I could go on but I will just leave it at this for now.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information