2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.2/5 (113 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: July 14, 2019

I posted the below complaint on Wyndham's owner care site over 2 weeks ago, and have yet to hear ANYTHING back from them. Just goes to show that once you sign your soul to them, they have NO desire to help you out! If I could save ONE person from signing this contract, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN IT! It's a black hole you can NEVER get out of!

I am very aggravated with my experience with Wyndham timeshares. When I originally signed up with my timeshare, one of the main sales pitches was that I would have great access to go to Disney World (we have children). I am frustrated that the sales people targeted what they knew would get me to sign, but now find it's virtually impossible to go on the vacation we want. First, the availability is nearly inexistent (after being told we'd have open availability), secondly, even if there was availability, I don't have nearly enough points to take my family (after upgrading, I was told I'd have plenty of points). All of this is really starting to feel like a scam. I have tried reaching out to the salesmen but have had no luck with that whatsoever. It's like they got my money, and now want nothing to do with me. It's completely unacceptable. I want to know what Wyndham is going to do about it.

Original review: July 12, 2019

July 2019. Boy what a slap in the face did I just get from Wyndham… After my wife had her latest stroke, we were not going to be able to use our points for the then current year. I decided to use the rental program to recover some money from the points/fees. I went through all the hoops and got a rental made in February for an April check-in. Everything confirmed! In July, after not getting any money or hearing anything I spend about 5 hours on the phone (BTY, their IVR systems just hangs up on you after so long and you have to call back in and start the wait all over again).

Well the rep said he had to transfer the inquiry to another department and they would get back to me – DIDN’T – so another call to find out: The renter (non-owner) cancelled – I was not notified and LOST my points (whole years’ worth) AND NO payment! But the renter got his money back!!! So that program is a SHAME! So, I call to transfer this year’s points to maintenance fees and find out the rental BS cost me my ONE annual transaction fee (3rd lost) and I had to pay a fee to do another transfer… So, I LOSE THREE times but the non-owner had no problems!!! This is one example of how Wyndham treats it owners – DON’T BUY WYNDHAM and if you already made that mistake for sure DON’T USE THE RENTAL PROGRAM!!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

If you’re thinking about purchasing a timeshare with Wyndham, please reconsider! The sales meetings are exhausting and drag on for hours. When I initially purchased, one of your sales representatives told me if I decided I didn’t want this timeshare any longer, Wyndham would buy it back from me, and I could walk away. No problem. That wasn’t the first time a sales representative told me that. When it came time to upgrade, I had my husband with me, and another sales rep told us the same thing. What irritates us the most is our experience in Daytona, Florida. We were stuck in the south tower at our Daytona resort, and it was dirty and smelled terrible. We could not even sit on the balcony because smokers were always outside smoking. These were allegedly non-smoking resorts.

I am sensitive to cigarette smoke and experienced breathing issues. Our complaints to management were not addressed or solved. Our beds have been uncomfortable; the sheets did not fit on the bed and wouldn’t remain on the mattress. There were no accommodations in many places that we needed to go. It was just a lousy experience all the way around. We were always made to feel like we could get out of this if we wanted to. It turns out Wyndham buying it back and repurchasing the deed was an outright lie. If you ever want out, you’re essentially stuck with the timeshare. The sales reps will also give you free things to lure you in. If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Sat through a 3+hour presentation. After going through all of the details decided not to buy. We were taken to the back to speak with someone else and given 300,000 "free" vacation points to use. 2 months later received phone call from bank we never heard of. We were 2 pts behind on the Wyndham Vacation Club. It has been hell trying to get this sorted out and at this point our credit is shot because we refuse to pay for something we didn’t want. The representative wears you down and you're so tired that you don't know what you're signing. This is ridiculous. We will never even stay in any Wyndham owned property. This has caused stress and and strain. DON'T DO IT!!!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

After checking in at the Emerald Grande Resort in Destin, Florida, we had MAJOR issues with the room. Upon meeting with a Wyndham Resort employee and going over these issues they tried to get me to purchase additional points by lying and misleading me and promising me things that I knew would never happen!!! They do not answer any calls once you turn them down and they become unreachable!! Do not purchase ANYTHING from this company as they just are concerned with a sale for commission.

Original review: July 9, 2019

If I could give zero stars I would. We were in Branson, MO for a family vacation. While picking up our tickets, we got roped into doing a Wyndham timeshare presentation. We wanted to see another show and the clerk said that if we did the presentation we could get a discount on another show. I thought okay why not, it's just a two hour tour and we will say no. We went to the fancy schmancy resort where we were told "No pressure at all, if it's not for you I'll get you back to your vacation." He did his spiel, showed us a 5 star, way beyond what we would want condo, and then sat down to crunch some numbers. During the entire thing my husband kept saying this is not for us.

Finally during the number crunching my husband told them NO multiple times and he got up and left. We didn't even get to see what we would have paid, we didn't want to proceed. They DON'T LISTEN TO YOU! They keep coming up with more and more deals. When I said no, they brought in ANOTHER person for more deals. Again "NO!!!" During this time my husband was fuming out at the car, all I wanted to do was get my show tickets and leave, but they make it almost impossible to finally leave. They want to show you more, talk more, more deals. Plus it took longer than just two hours. It was a good thing the show was fantastic to make up for it. The joke of the week was "At least you are not listening to a timeshare presentation." NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!! Next time I'll pay full price for my tickets.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I booked a with them 6/10/19 and was charged that day $430 for a reservation 3 weeks out. I canceled the next day 6/11/19 and was told they would refund it. 2 weeks later I called in and they said they would hand feed the refund... A week later... the same story. Today 7/8/19 I called again and spoke with a supervisor. I was told AGAIN they hand fed the refund today and would receive it. Total crooks. NEVER AGAIN. That’s too bad for them because we travel a lot.

Original review: July 5, 2019

If I wrote our whole horrific story thus far, it would take me all day. So, to make a long story short. We were conned into this presentation and then told it would only be $350 total monthly, never got to read our contract, never got to be alone even when we asked to be, and then given the runaround when we tried to cancel only 14 days after!!! I see multiple reviews say they had a 30 day window and that is what we were told by the salesmen, but that suddenly changed to 10 days! How can that even be legal!? 10 days to make a life altering decision! We should've definitely read these reviews before we ever went to the presentation. We are now paying almost $600 monthly on something that we can’t even find rooms for the next two vacations were taking so it’s pretty well useless! Someone needs to SUE these people for fraudulent sales! LIARS! CHEATS! TERRIBLE HUMANS! DO NOT DO IT!!!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

My sister and I were visiting Gatlinburg, TN when we went to Walmart and saw some brochures for fun things to do. We wanted to go to the Dolly Parton dinner show and the gentleman who sold the tickets told us we had to sit through a presentation by Wyndham in order to get the tickets. We went and were escorted by Rick ** to a table and said "You can tell me yes or no, but if you say you need time to think about it then I have to report to the man sitting over there (pointed to the office) and then I'll be in trouble." He then proceeded to tell us the "Wyndham Experience." My sister and I wanted to have a private discussion to talk about it and he would not let us be alone! We were so frustrated. At that point my blood sugar was getting low because I'm a diabetic. I asked if we could go get some food and we would come back. We had every intention of doing so. Mr. ** told us no and gave us small snacks.

More and more people came to our table and we just wanted to go. The ONLY reason we agreed to this is because we both were feeling so sick and needed to leave. At no time where we allowed to read over the contract! The lady who was getting us to sign it said, "she had to leave soon." We were told by Mr. ** that if at any time we need to discuss the contract to contact him. Never heard anything from him again!

Once we got home, we had a chance to really sit and read it over and realized we couldn't do it. We tried calling and calling for assistance and there was nobody to help. We finally got ahold of someone and they told us we were 3 days after the 30-day period to cancel. Now we know why nobody was answering our calls. They wanted to wait until after our 30 days. They now tell us "not our problem." We have both had to get second jobs because I am on social security and Disability. Our experience with Wyndham has been nothing but being bullied and manipulated. We are wanting to end this.

Original review: July 2, 2019

On August 9, we were in Myrtle Beach shopping at Barefoot Landing Boardwalk, we approached what we thought was a newsstand. There was an advertising for free tickets to any of the listed venues, if we agreed to go to a 1 hour presentation just down the road. We attended the presentation, leaving our daughter in the hotel we were staying at, telling her we would be back in an hour and a half. We met with Brantley ** a sales rep. who was very personable. He said he was an officer, but came on with Wyndham full time. He also stated that he had a timeshare with Wyndham and he had taken 3 trips within that year already. He told us we could go to our dream spots like Hawaii, Australia and Disney at no additional costs.

He also told us we had "great booking power" because of the great Wyndham name. Looking back at that, it makes me laugh! Once we were done touring the property, we sat down with what felt like 10 different people. We couldn't keep up with who is who. I was part of the conversation, but my name was not included on the paperwork because I didn't have I.D. with me. Yet when they wanted a downpayment, they wanted to use my credit card and the presentation actually lasted 4 hours! We went to Jon **'s office to finish up paperwork and he gave us a free tablet that has never even been used because we can't book anything. As the payments started rolling through we received them in 3 different bills, from 3 different addresses. When we called to have this explained, we can never get anyone on the phone! This has been an absolute disaster of an experience and would not wish it on anyone.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have never even used this timeshare! By far the worst decision was to listen to those salespeople. You get sucked into it and feel like you can’t leave until you sign up! I have been trying to get out of this torment and got in contact with Ileana ** and she is absolutely terrible! She contacts me and wants to set up a call with me and I gave her times to speak. She missed our scheduled call 4 times! After that I told her to email me moving on because she clearly couldn't keep her word on calling me. I have yet to receive a response from her. Wyndham preaches about "customer service" and "quality" but they are the worst scammers out there! For anyone who wants to know if they should look into buying this, DONT! They dont care about you at all, they only want their money!

Original review: June 30, 2019

Confirmation Number: **. I booked room from June 21st for stay @Wyndham San Antonio River Walk for June 29th. I got a reminder email from Wyndham's email system confirming my reservation on June 27th as well. When I showed up at the front desk with my 8 yrs old child for checking in, Manager denied my reservation & kept telling me that my reservation was cancelled right 10 mins after I booked. I showed her the email confirmation as well & she had no answer to that so she called security to throw me out of the hotel.

I was very polite & respectful & she crossed her line & threatened me to call the cops. I asked her to do so & she just walked away. When I called the Wyndham customer care, she accused me of threatening her. As soon as I mentioned I have video taped the whole scene in the hotel, customer care & manager were speechless. They cancelled my reservation as they were overbooked (Manager's own words) & I was using my rewards point for the stay & they were not making any money. This is the worst experience I had ever had & the manager was extremely rude & unprofessional. Not only I had to pay 3 times the price to find another hotel, my 8 yr old son was scared to death by this emotional trauma & it ruined my entire vacation.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We were sold the Discovery program to try out the resort experience and were told it was family friendly. From the start I found out after the purchase you are not eligible for most of the resorts Wyndham offers. There are a select few you can visit with limited access. As if that wasn’t bad enough, I set a reservation for my son's honeymoon only for them to tell me I would have to be there to check him in because I’m the primary on the paperwork work. In other words it’s not family friendly. You cannot make reservations and have your family check in. Only those who have “signed” the paperwork can reserve anything! Talk about PISSED OFF! Their Discovery program has done the exact opposite of what they designed it to do. Instead of convincing me to join and buy a timeshare. They showed me their true colors and deceived me and sold me a LIE! BUYERS BEWARE! Run for the hills to get away from these thieves!

Original review: June 26, 2019

I don't have enough time left on this earth to document all the bad experiences we have had with Club Wyndham. We have owned timeshares since 1992 and are pretty familiar with the process. We enjoyed our experiences with other resorts as well as Interval International for exchanges. Four years ago we joined Club Wyndham. They throw around numbers and hundreds of thousand points to take you "anywhere in the World". But, try to make an exchange and they are really not worth much unless you "upgrade". Then the contract is written as a separate contract, not associated or combined with the original. Points were awarded separately, not enough to get any exchanges we needed.

Salesperson who claimed to be a "Preacher’s Kid”, wanted to be our new best friend, gave us his personal cell number and said he would take us out for breakfast the next day, but he vanished from the face of the earth. Phone number was bogus and never showed up for breakfast. Our first clue that Wyndham is NOT reputable, and it was just the beginning of the worst plan, the worst or non existent customer service and the biggest scam in Vacation ownership.

After my husband passed away, I was on my 1st trip with family. I was emphatic that I did not want to attend a "presentation". I was told to "just fill out our survey" and we would get discount tickets for local sites, restaurants etc. At my meeting to fill out my quick 12 question survey, I was told that a new credit card was available that would give me better rewards. I agreed to get the new card and just had to stop down to sign the forms. When I went down, I was told that my last representative had to go out of town. (I was told earlier on a phone message from him that he had to take his baby to the hospital). Obviously all lies.

I was handed off to someone else. I said, “Is this when they bring out the big guns?” She said, and I quote, "I am the big gun". She knew my situation, recently widowed, but proceeded to tell me I needed to upgrade my contract to "save on Maintenance charges". Explained that they keep increasing each year and I would be responsible for them for the rest of my life and then my children would be responsible "in perpetuity". I told her I would walk away, (I knew about Ovation), she said my good credit would be ruined. The light went on at that moment. The credit card application was a good way to access my credit records.

I was so upset I started the Ovation process, I walked away from a $22,000 investment, lost over 250,000 points. They also cancelled my RCI membership as well and 115,000 points were lost. Maybe this is the Master plan, take a lot of money, make life a living hell for members, then take it all back to sell to another unsuspecting victim.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I was unable to use the certificate they gave me after sitting through one of their 2+hour presentations. Apparently, none of the weeks (no matter when I chose them), were available. I literally plugged in every week of the year and they were ALL unavailable. I'm literally going out of the country in Sept. and again in Nov. possibly next month as well. 0 availability. I go to try again tonight (since my certificate expires today) and it already listed as expired. The day isn't over yet and when I tried to call prior to this, the reps were unhelpful. I have another week available to use and I am still unable to find any resort available. DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY. IT IS A SCAM!!!

Original review: June 24, 2019

My husband and I were invited to a presentation in Destin, Florida. We were guaranteed a balcony and ocean front room in writing at Wyndham Garden at Fort Walton beach. When we got to our room it was not oceanfront and did not have a balcony. Our view was of the parking lot!! We went to front desk and expressed that we would like the room we booked and were promised. The manager basically said he could not help us at all. We were given a phone number to call to resolve the issues. After two hours, five different phone numbers we still did not get our issue resolved and were livid!! The next morning we attended our 2 hour presentation and immediately told them what we had been through and how disappointed we were with this company. They begin telling us that the motel was different entity than the resort side and they were going to make it right.

They went through the whole presentation, we went on the tour, etc. We held up our end of the bargain and they kept coming back to us saying, "We are working on something and it will be resolved before y’all leave". Well, when it came to the part where they asked if we were ready to close the deal, My husband said, "I have no intention of doing anything until I see how you handle this situation about our reservation not getting straightened out". They acted all concerned and told us these type of situations never happen!!! Well, we are still waiting! It has not been resolved and they just lied to us, strung us along to keep us there for the entire presentation. We would never do business with a company like this and I strongly suggest to anyone thinking about it, don’t waste your time. As far as we are concerned this company is a scam!!!

Original review: June 19, 2019

This time of year many of us are on vacation and run into companies trying to sell their timeshares for their resort. They grab a hold of you in malls, live attractions, and places like Barefoot Landing. They promise you tickets for a show, cash and gift certificates to local restaurants. Word to the wise stay away from the Wyndham Resort. It is a scam at best. We had a very bad experience at the Wyndham Resort in Myrtle Beach last week. Buyer beware and stay away. Some of the posts that people have put up on consumer affairs can be viewed following this link. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/wyndham_vacation_resorts.html

Original review: June 19, 2019

We have been fighting this company since August of 2016. We were on vacation in New Orleans when we were approached by a salesman to come to a presentation and receive free gifts and money while on our trip. We went the next morning and met with other people in the group. We were immediately met with pressure to buy and they wouldn't stop sending over people until we said yes. We were told that it would be a great investment for our family and we could pass it down to our children and share with friends. But they didn't tell us that the maintenance fee goes up tremendously every year!

We have vacationed 3 times and each time we were automatically assigned a "required" presentation time. After the first upgrade we were yet again tricked into we went back to our hotel room and figured out the way to cancel within 5-day period. The last two presentations we stuck to our guns and declined each one and the sales reps were so angry and pushy towards us because we wouldn't do the sale. They even yelled. We are still trying to get in contact with Wyndham for help in getting out of this nightmare!

Original review: June 14, 2019

As a marketing incentive I was invited to attend a timeshare presentation in exchange for a reduced hotel rate. When I was making the reservation I was told that I should be able to choose the times and the days but that it would vary on location. At the Williamsburg Virginia location they only offer one time for the timeshare presentation and it is at 1:30 p.m.. This is a terrible time. Has it smack dab in the middle of the day when people are trying to be out and about. I called Wyndham and I was told that it is up to each site of how they manage their timeshare presentation. I would only recommend agreeing to this if you have an extra day to burn on your vacation. I would not do this again had I known the time options available.

Resolution response: Nov. 12, 2019

After many months of dealing with collection calls and email notices, we finally got out of our contract with Wyndham and received a partial refund. By refusing to pay and sticking to it and appealing to the CEO we negotiated with their representative to both our satisfaction. We still do not recommend buying into ANY timeshare. It will cost you thousands of dollars.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We bought into Fairfield in the '90s. When Wyndham took over trouble began. We have been lied to by three different sales reps. When I signed at the New Orleans resort, I was promised our maintenance fees would not go up. They have gone up every year. When they called to offer us a reduced interest rate for the same contract, at first they said it would cost us nothing extra. Then it was $2000 for signing cost, $1000 of which they would return, which they did. However, this new contract was an extra $16,000. They did not tell us that up front. After filing a complaint with their complaint department, they said they could not find evidence to back up our complaint, even though it was supposedly recorded. How convenient for them.

Do not buy into this company. You will never get out and the costs and fees keep going up and there is a fee for everything. For instance, they charge an extra $8 for sending you a bill rather than use auto pay. The bills do not show your balance. You have to call them for that. They like to keep things hidden from you. Their obvious deceptions should be illegal.

Original review: June 11, 2019

"This company has lied to us for the past 21 years! They made us believe that we were doing the right thing and we would save money by upgrading, WRONG! Wyndham is a bloodsucking company who gives you “free” incentives to get you to come to their “30-minute presentations” which ends up being hours! The one time we went to a Wyndham hotel discount it was absolutely disgusting and when we told the manager there was nothing he could do about it because we had paid through Wyndham’s account. We are not paying them another cent of our money for false promises. My family is very important to me and we value family time. We can’t even do that now because of all the lies and false hopes they give you. We have proof of the lies and manipulations we have encountered over these 21 years and we are done dealing with it!"

Original review: June 6, 2019

I was in Williamsburg VA in May of 2018 for a short weekend trip. I was walking around the mall when a man and woman hassled me into attending a short presentation. That was the first lie. It lasted for over 4 hours! Come to only find out later after I had been lied to about everything in the presentation. When I asked the salesperson if it would be difficult to book a reservation with my points, she said "that will be no problem at all". I have tried several times to book a trip to some of my favorite spots and I have never been able to take a vacation! You can't book a trip for anything. It's always "booked up". But when you go on the website not as an owner you can book immediately!

How can someone who pays every month on being able to go anywhere, anytime not be able to book a trip but someone who doesn't pay anything towards this company be able to book immediately? Also, I was told I would have someone to always be there if I needed help booking a trip and I have tried calling several times with questions and have never received any help! I wish I would have never gone to the mall that day.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Many of us would like to exit our ownership at Carriage Ridge/Hills (near Barrie, Ontario Canada) but unlike those in the USA we cannot participate in the Exit Strategy. Our fees have more than doubled in 15 years. Many are living on a fixed income. I got charged over $300 in late fees because I was late. There was a postal strike during that time as well. I was hoping to have gotten out of Carriage Ridge ownership before maintenance fees were due but unfortunately got hit up with the extra fee instead. I didn’t want to be taken to court so I had to pay up. What a slap in the face. They are gouging us. Since Wyndham has taken over a lot of rules have changed, lots of changes that a lot of us were unaware of. As soon as Wyndham bought up what they needed, most likely free because some people couldn’t afford maintenance fees, the rest are stuck with higher maintenance fees.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Please everyone who is interested in purchasing a timeshare from Wyndham, BEWARE. If I could select 0 STARS I would. We were approached by a Wyndham rep in the mall who gave us coupons, 4 25.00 food vouchers for $40.00 and promised a 50 dollar AMEX gift card once we attended/completed the presentation. We received a receipt of what we were verbally promised. And on the back of the receipt said we will not be PRESSURED TO PURCHASE ANYTHING, AND THE REP THAT WE MET THE FOLLOWING DAY SAID THE SAME. (LIES).

My dad and family attended the seminar the next day, and toured the resort in Texas which lasted 4 1/2 hours. Which was 2 1/2 hours longer than the rep told us. 1st off my dad whom is a disabled veteran was offered a timeshare for $695.00 17% (interest for financing) plus assessment fees then when my dad and I said the price was too high our rep had a manager come and magically drop the price down some. The manager asked what my dad credit score was, and etc. I told him if he allow you to run his credit you can't guarantee the price due to his low credit score. He said it will only go up $3.00. (LIES). My dad also asked if he can cancel anytime both the manager, and rep said yes (LIES).

I'm thinking to myself if my dad borrows money to pay for this timeshare, he's responsible for it. So there is no cancellation. I felt like we were at a car dealership getting swindled. I immediately said we were not interested and the manager who was very intimidating asked, "Why not? You just heard our rep say we were the number 1 timeshare in the country." (LIES). I said, "That's your opinion. My dad and I never did research on your company, and we don't feel comfortable signing anything." The manager repeated his self. And I looked online and saw so many negative reviews. He asked what was I looking at on my phone. I didn't respond. He then said, "Oh you can't believe those negative reviews, people said negative things about Jesus too. And if you don't sign now the price will go up even higher if you decide to get the timeshare." This manager was so nasty acting when we kept saying no.

Once we continuously said we will opt out they finally gave up, and before my dad received his AMEX card a female rep made us another offer which was a one time trip for a few thousand. At $159.00 per month. WE DECLINED. This company use so many INTIMIDATING tactics to get you to sign this contract, it's terrible mind you. Think about how many hours we were there, and we were hungry, frustrated. It's never good to sign anything feeling like that, especially if you didn't do your research on the company. Me personally I could not work for a company that takes advantage of PEOPLE especially in my dad's case a DISABLED VETERAN!!!! PLEASE EVERYONE BEWARE. THERE ARE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ON SO MANY SITES. I'm so afraid for others, especially the elderly whom is more vulnerable.

Original review: May 31, 2019

NO WAY to CANCEL/HARD SELL!!! I was talked into signing up for a 3 day package for $129.00. I tried to tell the agent that my husband would not be able to join me but she just wouldn't take no for an answer. This was a huge mistake on my part. I tried to cancel the package but to no avail.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Every time we try and go on vacation using our Wyndham ownership, the Wyndham representatives tell us that we are required to go to an update meeting which quickly turns into a sales pitch. They even took an entire day away from us when we were on our honeymoon!! We tell them that we are not interested in purchasing any more points, but they refuse to take no for an answer. When we went on one vacation, they manipulated us into upgrading our ownership, and they set up a PayPal account without our permission!! When we got home, we received an email that said we have $20,000 of debt on a PayPal account that we didn’t even create!! These are only a few examples to show how Wyndham has been able to trick us into buying something that we don’t really want.

Original review: May 29, 2019

We were snookered into attending a timeshare presentation at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, which is, to be fair, a first-class resort. The prize? An eight-day seven-night vacation at any RCI resort, for which they want $50 up front. And, of course, you have to attend the "90-minute presentation." So we did. Conclusions:

1. Our 90-minute presentation lasted nearly five hours, most of which was spent waiting to go from one stage of the sale process to another.

2. At one point, they will ask you for your Social Security number, so they can check your credit. Anyone who has been to one of these knows it's coming, so fair enough. But these people then ask you to write in your SS# on a computer tablet three more times. This appears to be the equivalent of your signature on various things. One of them that I discovered was that if I gave my number, I was agreeing that if I finance, I would go through their bank, and I was giving the bank permission to contact me by mail, email, phone or -- and get this -- robocall. No thanks.

3. At one point, the third person involved in the sales process asked why I would not consider buying. I gave him some definitive reasons, and as he left the table, he said to me, "Why in God's name are you here then?" Direct quote. I could not make this up.
4. When we finally could get free, it turned out the gift certificate for the week gives you free lodging at three places if you want to stay in the next two weeks, and more than 100 other places where you will pay an additional $160-$900 to stay for those seven nights on dates farther away.

5. When I pointed out the sneakiness of the "small print" that would have committed me to robocall dunning by their bank, one of them said, "It's not sneaky. You saw it, said you didn't want to sign, and you didn't have to." I guess we need to come to a presentation like this with a fully-armed defense system.

Original review: May 28, 2019

This is lengthy but worth the read. I bought the timeshare 2016. They gave myself and my husband certificates for free vacations. When we tried to use them it was actually impossible to use. We tried 10-15 locations. Each and every time they said it was not available. We tried on 4 different occasions. The next year we tried again and eventually found an opening in Myrtle Beach (not our preferred location by a long shot). We got to our room with was "ok". They preceded to call, knock on our door to ask us to come for a presentation. We (I said no multiple times), but they were relentless, saying it was only for update info on our timeshare. We were there for 7 hours! They were relentless. They eventually used the tactic that if we go to the next level we would be able to get our preferred locations easier, blah blah. So we caved... I thought I would book a year out to get our preferred areas. Guess what, NONE WERE AVAILABLE!

Then in Jan 2018, we found out my husband had stage 3 rectal cancer, it was bad. He was going to have to miss a lot of work and the convalescence leave. We weren't sure if he was not to make, seriously. His chances of not surviving were not good. We started reducing our expenditures and cancelling subscriptions and everything because he was the breadwinner. We called Wyndham for help us in selling our timeshare. That ended up being a waste of time. We asked them how we could get out of the timeshare because of my husband's health (we seriously did not know if he was going to live). Here is what they said, "You can go into foreclosure". That is all the help we got. $40k we had paid and 1 vacation to a location we didn't really want. DO NOT USE WYNDHAM company. Go use VRBO or something like that.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Thank you for the reviews. We were sitting through the lengthy presentation and I began reading these reviews. They quickly made my mind up. After saying no, they started whole different methods. I caught the last guy lying to me and confronted him but he denied it. I will not purchase anything from a company that has employees who are dishonest with me. I will not purchase this.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I bought the timeshare 2017. They gave myself and my wife certificates for free vacations. When we tried to use them it was actually impossible to use. We tried 10-15 locations. Each and every time they said it was not available. We tried on 4 different occasions, not available so we did what they wanted and gave up.

It was told to us that if you we did not use the points it would rollover to the following year. They forgot to tell up we had to call to let them know that we were rolling our points over. So we did book a vacation that cost over 200,000 points, and then we found out we just lost over 200,000 points just 4-1-2019. When we bought the timeshare has silver plus we can book our vacation 13 months before so we get the top picks. When we tried to do so we were told it’s not 13 months it’s really 10 months, so things happen and life goes on. Wyndham isn’t telling the truth when it comes to selling people timeshare. Take it from me. Don’t buy timeshare from Wyndham. You are going to regret it.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information