2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

This contract was signed with many misrepresentations and we didn’t realize that the information we believed to be true was almost entirely false. The lies told to us by Wyndham employees are many, we’ve listed a few: Wyndham told us the timeshare we bought would increase in value. It’s actually worth far far less than our money wasted. Wyndham told us if we ever wanted to sell or rent out our timeshare they would handle that for us. However, when we decided to sell our timeshare, we were told we couldn't sell or even rent it out until it was paid in full. That vital piece of information was deliberately mistold to us. When we purchased our second 105,000 points, Wyndham said our deed would be for St. Thomas Margaritaville and since construction was still underway, we would all be Co-Founding VIP’s at any Margaritaville location that we ever visited. Sadly, this too is inaccurate.

Wyndham told us that they now had a new way to make our payments, they said payments could be put on a Wyndham Rewards credit card. What your Wyndham employees did NOT tell us was that there would be another down payment on this purchase of 105,000 points. Needless to say, when we received our first credit card statement and saw there was a $9,536.00 charge on the bill we were outraged. How exactly is that legal?! When we called Wyndham about this fraudulent charge we were told that “we must have forgotten about being told.” Not one of the three of us, myself and my wife (now deceased) and my niece, heard not a word about another down payment. Almost ten thousand dollars would certainly stick in the mind.

Wyndham told us if anything happened to my wife or I the timeshare would be paid in full. They said it was like an insurance policy. We told the sales representative that if something happened to us, we wanted the timeshare to go to our niece JoAnn **. We asked them if there was a form we could fill out stating this fact. He told us no but he could add her to the contract, and she could not be liable for any payments. Another lie! We were later told that anyone on the contract was responsible for payments, and they would go after our niece for payments if they had to. Liars.

On another vacation in New Orleans in September 2016, the salesman just kept pressuring me to purchase more points. He gave up on me and sent a female sales representative over to try talking me into the purchase. I told her no and got up from the table. While I walked to my room, she followed me all the way harassing me trying to sell me more points. Because she just wouldn’t listen to my "NO,” I had to shut the door to my room actually in her face to get away from her. It’s incredible to me that Wyndham trains their sales staff to be so over the top with their high-pressure sales pitch. To sum this all up, our time with Wyndham has been terrible and stressful and has made us lose faith in the justice system that is supposed to protect us.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

WorldMark is full of deception. They play games. Instead of communicating with us about our problems with their representatives and their outlandish lies, they put a cease and desist on our account. They refuse to do anything about their employees. They refuse to take any responsibility for their lies to us. We tried to use this once and could not use it. We knew then we had been had. We attempted to rescind and they refuse to revoke it. Worldmark and its employees are a disgrace to human nature. The Fiction we fell for: Priority booking. Ease of booking. Offsetting maintenance fees with credit cards. This is a money-generating property. Affordable vacations.

None of these are true if you cannot book a vacation. Right out the gate our first try we found out the calamity that befell us. This was a grade a swindle. And once we called to rescind we knew we were in trouble as they did not care, nor did anything to try to alleviate our concerns. They matter of factly said, "You cannot get out." They do not even care to try to act as if they could not believe what happened. This is a regular occurrence for this company.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I wish I could give this company negative STARS. My boyfriend and I went to a 2-hour presentation ON Saturday, October 5th in NEW YORK AT 733 3RD AVENUE. The sales reps were too nice, complimenting us every 10 seconds and which seemed a bit fishy but we stayed and listened. They told us at the end we would have the opportunity to say yes or no to this "opportunity". We were open to what they had to say and it sounded pretty great from what they were telling us that this would "pay for itself". Our sales rep "Mike **" if that's really even his name explained that this would pay for itself. Mike took us to "the back" to basically repeat everything "Destiny," the presenter said to us in the presentation. After 45 minutes of that, he took us next door to the Wyndham Vacation ownership only resort where he showed us some rooms and a really nice view.

My boyfriend said to mike "Listen this is great but what is the overall number that we need to be able to pay to apart of this". Mike never had a clear answer. He brought us back to the sales floor where he began to show us examples of what everything could cost (not actual pricing). Mike then told us they would need to run our credit to see if we qualify for a loan and a credit card so we could be put on a payment plan. My boyfriend then told Mike we were not interested in pursuing this opportunity at this time but thanks for the information. Mike still continued to pitch and brought over his direct supervisor whose name I cannot remember. The supervisor then said "Well why cant you sign up today?" I said I am a single mother of 2. I work 2 jobs, I am not going have 300-400 dollars of my income monthly go towards a luxury.

The supervisor then said his mother was a single mother too and she worked two jobs too and she invested in wyndham 19 years ago and they have been able to go to disney every year since. He also said my children wont remember what i get them for christmas or what we do for their birthdays. They will only remember where we took them and this investment in wyndham. He was basically saying nothing but Wyndham matters which is absolutely ABSURD. My boyfriend stopped him seeing that I was visibly upset by what this man just said. My was boyfriend told him "No our kids are going to remember what we got them and what we do for them", the supervisor cut him off and said nope they won't actually. Then said "Well you don't have to sign up, you can leave. You don't need to be here then".

My boyfriend then said "Are you really doing this right now? You are at a place of business. You need to remain professional". The guy was still super disrespectful and tried to get some sort of rise out of my boyfriend and was shocked to see how calm and collected he was even after insulting us. The false niceties flipped so quickly my head almost fell off. We tried to speak to the Supervisors Supervisor. He acted like he didn't care and basically flipped us both off not even attempting to correct his staff on his unprofessional demeanor. We asked for who was over all of them. We got the name "Nick **". We were treated like dirt the minute we said "No we are not interested". DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Well the wife and I first tried the discovery package and was somewhat disappointed with the misunderstood ways but enjoyed travel so we became owners in 2017 and have been very dissatisfied since and when we checked in on july 27th 2019 we were told we needed to attend an updated seminar to learn the latest updates, so the wife and I and 2 kids on july 28th went to what was only supposed to be about 30 min of our vacation time that turned into 12 hrs of nonstop lies and badgering from several people to upgrade.

So during all this we were told that the new contract would cancel out the old contract and we would only be paying for the new contract and that if we sold the new contract points back to Wyndham that it would pay for itself and that all we would be paying for is the maintenance fees, but on august 1st I had emailed the lady that we sat in front of to esign that I wanted to reverse our decision to go thru with the upgrade and she had not answered me back. So on august 3rd I had went in to talk with the main salesman and told him that we wanted to reverse our decision and he said that he would take care of it and that by august 14th we should be recieving the cancellation papers.

So I thought nothing else about it but she did answer the email saying that she had spoke with the salesman and asked if she could do anything else for us, so I answered, "All good here" with the previous understanding that the salesman was going to take care of it so on august 14th I had not received any paperwork so I started making phone calls only to find out that we had 2 contracts and that we had 2 maintenance fees now that I have been told it's too late to cancel the upgrade but I have the email from 2 days after signing the upgrade asking to cancel it, and they have admitted that I had done so, they have yet to cancel the contract so I am suing for all I can....

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

•We were never told that our payments would never stop, even if we are to die and bequeath this to someone, they still would have to pay.

•We were never told that the fees would increase

•The amount you end up paying after it was all said and down was not relayed to us properly in order to make a valid decision on our ability to pay this. The amounts are thrown around at different times and not added up together to talk about total cost.

•As time passes, we learn more and more bad things, more light bulbs go off

•This whole process was deceitful

•We said no many times and it was ignored.

•I specifically said over and over, “I CAN NOT AFFORD THIS” and it was ignored, which made them talk about how it will “PAY FOR ITSELF”, we have yet to be able to rent our points or sell our points as we were told in order to purchase

•They showed us a website to show there was an interest in renting points, later we found out this was listing them and no one was biting

•We felt an immense pressure to sign for anything. Not a very good way to lock someone into a something so permanent and costly.

•We went with you for the value and quality however this was not what we are getting.

•Almost 5,000 a year was not value and we can take nicer vacations for cheaper with better quality resorts and come out ahead.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We were on vacation in Hawaii when we were offered a discount on tours by attending one of their ‘timeshare’ presentations. Big mistake! They offered transport to the venue and we decided to attend. The presentation was very staged and the staff members were very pushy. I asked early on in the presentation how much it was to join the timeshare. They ignored me and said they would get to that. Meanwhile 2 hours later we were finally told the cost. When I said we weren’t interested their attitude changed dramatically. They were rude and even yelled at me when I picked up the piece of paper with the details on it. They yelled and said I couldn’t take a real estate contract out of this room and how stupid I was that I didn’t know that.

In Australia we are allowed to take real estate contracts home with us to look over. So of course I had no idea. In the end we walked out. There was no transport back to our hotel. Later on in our stay we were walking along a street in Waikiki, Hawaii and a man from the same company jumped and stood right in our faces. We were very firm this time and told them to get out of our way. We couldn’t believe that a company could behave in such a way to potential customers. We will be sure to let people know back in Australia. It certainly has dampened our holidays and we wonder how a company like this is allowed to get away with behaviour!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

It was an event that was only to be 1 hour and turned out to be about 5 or 6 hours. Because they go back and forth and back and forth with you trying to get you to purchase a full membership vacation club plan. They will finally pass you off to one last person after you keep saying no, that you cannot afford the membership.... and then he gives you the speech about you want to stay involved and give it a try for just 2-years and pay a nominal fee of $2908.64 vs the "thousands" more it would cost for a membership.... bottom line they tell you, you have two years to make payments and two years to visit the resorts with the 300,000 points they give you for this period.

They LIED, because when I received the statement from the finance bank it had the statement as follows "You MUST pay the balance of your Plan 406-00001 in full by Feb 10,2020 to avoid paying accrued interest charges," making it necessary to pay $488.00 for the 6 months vs the two year term I was told. I am only paid $800 per week and two of those checks go to rent. Sadly they have shady business practices. BUYER BEWARE!!! Read the fine print and be aware of the terms to cancel.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

MY salesperson was wonderful and even her manager was good even though we did not purchase. However the closing representative was very rude and told my wife, he would not waste his breath talking to her. It was very rude way to end a good experience. I was interesting but the attitude of that one gentleman would prevent me from ever purchasing a timeshare through this company. Attended location is Orlando Florida, Vacation Village. This was my first experience and not happy on how it ended. Signed Potential Buyer

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

We purchased our timeshare (YUP, A REGRET) 2 years ago during our stay in Las Vegas. During the 2 years since we've had the timeshare we could not use it due to deployments (husband military). Wyndham was kind to "extend our contract," and helped us book 6 months out in advance at a place called Bonnet Creek. The representative made it seem like everything was straightened out, and ready to go, all we had to do was just arrive at check-in. I've been looking forward for a confirmation e-mail for the reservation, and nothing was ever sent! We were given a false promise of staying at a nice resort. Without communicating with us, and asking us if we wanted another resort, they insisted to book us at a location that was one star less than Bonnet Creek, and also 45 min away from our Vacation destination, (to us this was a slap in the face).

Wyndham timeshare has been an ultimate headache, a disappointment, and full of lies. They have NEVER PROFESSIONALLY APOLOGIZED FOR THEIR LIES, & did not communicate effectively, instead they COVER IT UP and try to put us in a place that we do not want to stay at. I called back to try to get reimbursed for the trouble and headache that this timeshare has caused us.

We had high hopes to stay at a nice resort because of the reviews, and friends that have stayed there before. ALL OF THE REPRESENTATIVES that we have spoken to over the past few weeks to resolve this situation into something positive have been aggravating! I have no faith in this company, they are the stereotypical SCAM! If you are reading this, DO NOT invest your hard earned money on a "timeshare," My husband and I work a lot, we thought we were treating ourselves and doing something great, a getaway. But, it seems like that thought is not going to happen with Wyndham. You sell lies, steal people's money, and not apologize for your representatives messing up. Instead of accommodating us they would rather inconvenience us thinking they are helping, but in reality they are not.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

We have 5 years experience with this company and over the years we have picked up on some not so savory practices this company uses and most people will not enjoy them.

1) The constant harassment by calls and at vacations to upgrade. They use the same tricks and after the first time, then red light bulbs go off. That these special rates are bogus and made-up so you feel special and will buy.

2) These special rates they keep using to reel you in are still exorbitantly high. If you were to get all the amenities they say you will, it would be different, but you do not. For instance, they use the line that you save money on vacations and they say most people do not a vacation because they cannot afford it. This is not cheaper by any stretch of the mind. Example, last year we went on 2 vacations to Bonnet Creek resort in Orlando, Florida. The prices increase each year but I found a website for $169 to $189 a night. You add up our vacations that would be $1,432 to stay we would pay this year for that same stay. We paid last year just in the maintenance fees for our contract $1693.86 On top of our credits they charged us for cleaning fees. So essentially what we pay in maintenance fees is more expensive than the cost of our vacation. This is the exact opposite of what they told us would happen. We are not saving but spending more for vacations.

3) They do not allow you to vacation when you want. They say they are booked however again, you can book online if you pay money and not use your ownership. Even though owners are supposed to have priority booking rights. We were charged a hefty premium to be owners, this past upgrade was $37,127 and the one before was $15,300. What is that premium for, if anyone can get what we get for cheaper than we pay?

4) We feel this is a ripoff!

5) How is this company regulated? How is it fair to take advantage of and manipulate people in this fashion?

6) I would never suggest to anyone use this company and I wish we had wisened up to this before we were so far down this rabbit hole.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Don’t even go to the “hour” presentation!!! It will take you 5 hours and you will hear so much info you will have no idea what you’re signing and you will NEVER get out of your contract. We have had unforeseen financial hardships and tried to get out of our contract. There is only a 5 DAY rescind period. They don’t care. They will not hep you. Prior to our hardships every time I tried to book something I have been unable to. They try and tell you all the wonderful perks and deals you will be getting but it is not true!! Don’t be scammed!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We purchased a timeshare in Canada with Shell Vacations Club whom was purchased by Wyndham. Wyndham offers a program called Ovation designed as an exit from your contract if needed but will not offer same to Canada. We have a contract we can’t get out of or sell as it is worthless. This contract even supersedes death as they will go after our children for any due maintenance fees. Maintenance that have more than doubled since purchase.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My boyfriend and I are silver owners with Wyndham and this year I made a reservation months in advance to stay in North Myrtle Beach for the Labor Day week. A week before we arrived, Wyndham sent a text message asking what time we would arrive. I texted back the approximate time we would be arriving and requested a certain room. They texted me again and said our room request was flagged and they hoped to see us soon. We arrived at the resort at the time I gave them and all was well until they told us we would be on the 8th floor. My boyfriend has vertigo and cannot stay on a floor that high.

I explained this in my text message to them. They said there was nothing else available and there was no guarantee on room requests. We had driven for 4 hours and had to turn around and go home. Later in the week, because of Hurricane Dorian, everyone was evacuated and their points refunded. Our points were taken and we never stayed there. They refuse to refund any of the 171,000 points.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I'm a timeshare owner for many years. Unfortunately, this year I decided to add to my vacation ownership by purchasing a membership with Wyndham. The experience has been nothing but negative. They lied from the moment I signed my contract in March and continue to lie now. From the day of the original transaction, they have been making mistakes with my membership and every time I think things are getting settled they come up with more problems. They have a horrible system that has affected my Wyndham experience. STAY AWAY FROM THE WYNDHAM VACATION CLUB. Save yourself a headache and your money!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

If you make a 6 digit income or even a high 5 digit income, you probably won't have any trouble making it work out for you. If on the other hand you still pretty much live paycheck to paycheck DON'T DO IT!!! Everything that I was assured would happen was pure B.S. They listen to your concerns but only care about your credit score. One very important piece of information that I didn't bring up and they were not about to was how much time you have to change your mind. ONE WORK WEEK, 5 work days. Most people go on vacation to vacate their everyday life for a little while and relax and they will take advantage of that.

One day after my vacation was over it was too late. Now I'm paying for something that I won't ever be able to use because nothing is working that they said and I couldn't afford to spend the amount of money to accumulate the amount of points to lower the cost. Now I'll never be able to. They screwed me good and I truly don't believe they give a damn.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Updated on 02/25/2020: At the beginning of February I wrote how Wyndham, just like 'Trump University', sells an inferior product and then spends the rest of the time trying to get owners to dish out more money to buy more points. A week after I wrote that review I received a call from Ellis ** at Wyndham who had information about 'amazing new' things happening at Wyndham that will make our membership even more exciting. Of course I had to buy hundreds of thousands of points at tens of thousands of dollars in order to see these great NEW membership rewards!

I told Mr. ** that we were unhappy with Wyndham's point system that 'fees' a person to death and has so many restrictions that it is difficult to navigate and use. I also was tired of Wyndham's constant effort to get us to pay more money for nothing. Of course he said that buying the NEW points would fix all of my problems. $24,000 to fix a bad product that Wyndham sold me in the first place.

Well just yesterday, February 24, 2020, I got another call from a Uriah? (last name unintelligible), who left a message on my phone. Can you guess the message? Of course Wyndham has huge new changes in their membership plans that will have a huge impact on our membership plan. I have not returned her call yet but I can bet that I will be required to dish out some $20,000 or more dollars to fix my damaged membership plan. I will update this review after I hear from Uriah again as I am sure that I will. Bottom line; KEEP AWAY FROM THIS PYRAMID SCHEME!

Original Review: Seven years ago my wife and I bought a 166,000 points membership with what was at that time Wyndham Worldwide but is now Wyndham Destinations. We were promised that this amount of points would provide us at least two vacations a year. The saleswoman also never told us of the extensive fees that this 'level' of membership would incur every month. We were also told how easily we would be able to subsidize our fees with points we would accrue on our 'rewards' Visa card. None of this is true. These points barely get one vacation a year. Not being a VIP member means that we have a limited window of opportunity to make a reservation at all of the new or high quality properties. This forces us to use the same properties year after year.

Furthermore, every time we go on vacation at a Wyndham property we are 'invited' to a seminar to "learn what is new in the program and how better to use your membership. This ALWAYS means that you must pay tens of thousands of dollars to upgrade to either VIP, Silver, Gold or Platinum membership. We even bought an upgrade three years ago while in Atlantic City. Luckily we decided to cancel. The contract says that we have seven days to cancel, but they NEVER answered or returned my calls to do so. We actually faxed, emailed, express-mailed, texted and overnighted our cancellation request to get it under the seven day window. I believe that they purposely did not respond to our calls, texts and emails to force us to go beyond the seven day limit. Even after they finally accepted our cancellation we were singled out for hard selling sales people at every property that we stayed.

The sales people at every office that we vacationed at so far has put out some good information about Wyndham Destinations, but then comes the closer. This is the person that tells us how they can 'FIX' our membership problems by selling us more points to bring us to the VIP level. Almost ALL of the Wyndham staff admit that our membership has serious issues, not the least being that we cannot book high end properties far enough in advance to guarantee that we will get a booking there. Other problems are the fees that get larger every year. Also the fact that we do not have enough points to do all the things that we were told that we could do. Finally there is our last visit to the Poconos, Dupuy cabin D62-F on August 30 & 31 and September 1 & 2 of 2019. I do go to the seminars to learn about new products and to receive the $100-$150 gift cards that are offered.

This time we were with Scott who was new and very nice. But when he was unable to produce a sale he came back with Denise, (not sure of the name), who was quite rude and very brusk. She was insulting us by insinuating that only a fool would not take this great offer. One other thing about Wyndham's sale practices is that you have to make the decision to purchase right on the spot! They make sure not to give you time to think it over. So be careful if you are approached by Wyndham sales people. Yes they have great resorts, but only if you have the right membership.

Any membership level that you have will never be enough, they will ALWAYS try to sell you and upgrade. My biggest complaint is that we were sold a defective product and told that the only way to fix their bad product is to spend another $24,000. I think that they sold us this defective product, they should fix it for free. Thanks, and beware of Wyndham’s hard sell tactics and weak introductory products, JOHN

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

While walking around Pigeon Forge we attended a show and approached to attend a presentation. We decided to go because they would give us money off the show. We went to the presentation and we were told it would cost hardly anything to go on our dream vacation to Alaska. We were so excited because we knew we wouldn't be able to take that trip for a while. We obviously were lied to because we have not been able to book anything. When we ask, we get the run around that we should make reservations years in advance. It is ridiculous because many people last minute need to book trips and that is how Wyndham scams people! We were told we could be impulsive and book when we feel like going, but that was a complete lie! We get told now, "sorry about your luck." None of us want this passed on to our kids and want out of it. We trying to get people to see these complaints before they consider getting sucked into this company!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Be very careful, please. Do your research. They have over 700,000 owners and only 70 locations... What does that tell you. We mistakenly purchased 154,000 points in Feb. We were told it was a 1 hr presentation with breakfast. We showed up as scheduled at 7:50am with our 6 yr old to bagged muffins and danishes. By the time the card was run it was nearly 1pm. They walk you around, show you beautiful things and rooms but rest assured, there's a reason you only go to certain resorts (Bonnet Creek) and certain rooms. We stayed in VA in May and having been accustom to Hilton standards, it was far from a lavish vacation. The room was moldy, wet, smelled awful, etc. Not to mention the constant harassment EVERYWHERE you go to Buy more.

Booking is a NIGHTMARE. Don't ever actually expect to book a full week anywhere. 13 mo advance reservations also don't exist. Resorts are booked full years in advance at this point. WAY too many owners and not enough properties. Since your points expire it's to no loss of theirs. Watch your credit report, despite not actually have a deed, they report it as a mortgage. Working with FTC over that issue now. They open up Barclay Credit Cards & Vacation Club credit accounts IN YOUR NAME while you wait. It's disgusting what they do. Save your money and rent. You'll save yourself THOUSANDS in the long run. Check out the market value of your points on EBAY.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

The hotel, after 3 years, is still "under renovation." Scotch-taped to the what is supposed to be the front door is a "sign" indicating the location of the lobby. The handicapped parking - 2 spots only _ is NOT close/convenient to the hotel for someone with mobility concerns. The "elevator" goes to the lobby - after that - there are 2 sets of steps where you must walk/carry your luggage... which the person who appeared to be a construction worker did. Room keys did not work. Sheets not ironed - appeared to have been slept in and not cleaned.

We later realized there were elevator rooms across the hall from the front desk - but the staff did absolutely nothing to offer us the rooms that WOULD have made our stay at least less mobility impaired. Will NEVER go to another WYNDHAM "resort" again - a place where the only "resort" is the way in which they resort to disregard those they are successful in duping to spend their money there. Zero dollars per night would have been too much. Doors not in use, the "pool" outdoors was not accessible or prepared to use. We spent one night and left - after a 5 hour drive to get there!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Please take note of all the negative comments. My husband & I were sucked in on a family vacation in Belize. Our salesman was a nice grandfatherly type and we trusted him. HUGE, COSTLY mistake... So many promises were made but as we found out too late they were not in the contract. Also found out too late we had only 2 days to cancel, by then we were on our way home. After many tries to cancel and get a refund, we were told they met all their requirements and did not owe us money. Lost 11,000.00... Don't listen to them, don't talk to them, don't even look at them... They all make promises they can't and won't keep. We should have known better but got caught up in the fun and sun. Please don't make the same mistake we did!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I stayed at the Days Inn Wyndham hotel in LA and it was full of roaches. I called and talked to customer service because I am allergic of roaches and they didn't at first want to give me a refund. I believe this place is a shelter for sure. Also the water was about to be turned off due to a plumbing problem. I finally got my refund at about 11pm at night and I had to call around and find somewhere else to stay barely found somewhere. I got lucky. Then the guy I talked to at Wyndham told me in the future if I wanted to try another hotel they would accommodate me one night free. I called and talked to customer service and they gave me an reference number and said they would call me back about the matter and they never called. I called them back at Wyndham customer service and was talking to a rude supervisor and she told me they weren't going to accommodate anything. She was very very rude.

I have went to several timeshare meetings with Wyndham whereas they are trying to sell people timeshares, but yet they let the Days Inn use their logo and name and try to put you in roach hotel rooms then talk to customers any kind of way. Not business like. I will email and blog their investors page and let them know that they don't accommodate the guest as they promise to do. Also I would recommend that as long as the Days Inn are using their name that I wouldn't spend a dime with Wyndham or the Days Inn. These people would put you in a roach ridden room, offer to make it right by having your next stay one night free, but they don't live up to their agreement and talk to the guest as they please, in a nasty way. The Days Inn and Wyndham are the worst companies ever. I will let the investors in the company know how they treat people.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Do NOT fall for these slimy salespeople awful techniques! They’ll promise you the world and never deliver on it. I told them MULTIPLE times during these presentations that I do not vacation, and that it’s not a good fit for me, but they kept creating lie after lie trying to convince me to sign up. After I signed up, the truth came out. It’s a scam! They created such an extravagant lie fit JUST for me so I would sign up. It’s the biggest mistake I’ve ever made!

To make matters worse, the salesmen Roih ** and C Jay ** BOTH ran my credit (once for a credit card, another time for PayPal) WITHOUT MY CONSENT! Not only will the timeshare purchase take all your money, it’ll ruin your credit too! I tried calling my salesmen C Jay ** multiple times, but he refuses to return my call. Contacting Wyndham customer service is also a joke, as they were absolutely no help. Please learn from my mistakes and avoid Wyndham timeshare AT ALL COSTS! BEWARE: THEY WILL RUN YOUR CREDIT WITHOUT PERMISSION!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

We stopped by a booth for tickets to Splashtown in San Antonio. Before we knew it, we were scheduled to attend a 90 minute presentation the next day. We were offered a $25 gift card, $75 restaurant vouchers, two boat rides, and one free hotel stay if we attended. So of course we did. The next day we were shuttled to the Wyndham office and the presentation began friendly but when we said we were not interested because they wanted $35,000 down they became aggressive. They then gave us a discount price for $14,000 with less points but we still said no. They called us rude and their tone was mean.

I felt very intimidated but eventually we were led out to an exit review. They tried to sell us points to rent not own. The price was $2,700 but we said no because we were just ready to escape. So finally after several hours of their aggressive sales pitch we we led out to a cashier who gave us all the freebies we were promised. We left gladly but scarred! Don’t attend this because it’s not worth the degrading way they treat you. I’ll pray for them because it’s evil the way they conduct business.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Rick, the security personnel shrugged off my children’s and my request for help right before we were assaulted by another family between the Iguna pool and back pool area in the resort. Rick was a no show after ten minutes of my children running to get help in the first place so I had to walk back towards the front of the resort where I found him standing aside the bar. After I spoke with Rick regarding my concerns and reported to him the current situation he told me he was going to get a golf cart to come to the back and look for the adult families members to address two young teenage boys who were bullying my 9 and 11yr in the pool.

Other guests witnessed the bullying, including one of the teenagers hitting my 9 yr old in the back when he tried to get out of the pool. Rick also responded he knew who the teenagers were that I had reported and concurred they should not have been unaccompanied without adult supervision from their own parents at the pool area. However, he was non-concerned in general about what I had reported and had no intention of accompanying me and the children back to our room.

He made a claim he would go get a golf cart to ride around back to find the teenagers parents to speak with them, but no disciplinary action would happen unless there was another incident following (that was complete bs as the next incident happened less than five minutes after he walked away from us and still the hotel has taken no disciplinary action out on the individuals who attacked and assaulted us. That family is still at the resort now as I write this review). Following departing the Iguna pool and my conversation with Rick (security) I went to walk my children back through the wooded area between the Iguna pool and back pool. As we approached center where there is a small roundabout walkway, the teenage boys along with their adult family members aggressively came strait toward us like a pack of animals and began verbally assaulting us.

When I tried to continue to walk and stated they should go see security themselves, a 22 year old adult female began hitting me in my back and using her body to keep knocking me forward. When I tried to step up to the back pool she jumped in front of me and started beating me. I screamed for my children to try and run. While I was attacked the teenage boy who had hit my 9yr old earlier in the back then jumped on top of my 11 year old and punched him continuously until he could not get up and walk.

911 was called by another guest. At no point did this security (Rick) who we requested help from ever even come back to the area where we were assaulted and attacked. In fact in a span of over 30 minutes he was still not to be found even when the police arrived on scene. We left this hotel, I will never return as I feel it’s unsafe. After the police arrived it was determined there are no security cameras on the premises for anyone’s protection. Other guest who witnessed the assault also requested to be relocated to other hotels as they felt unsafe. It was absolutely inappropriate for security (Rick) to shrug and make the statements to the bartender at the Iguna pool “what can I do about it”? (While the other guests at the bar overheard and were extremely upset by.)

Had security followed my children and I instead of lying about going to get a golf cart and had walked with us this entire situation could have been avoided as I believe it would be “security”. It’s not that I have any faith in Rick and his ability to do his job as a security personnel, it’s the fact if he was there as another person in the situation my children and I could have at least escaped and ran away possibly before we were attacked. Nobody comes on vacation to experience low class individuals staying there, bullying, using the foulest language openly, viciously assaulting a woman and her two young children.

The aftermath of the situation has also been disappointing. The only people in this hotel we owe any thanks to are the two guest services individuals who helped us relocate, showed any true sympathy for what my children and I had just gone through, and actually apologized for the events occurring at the hotel. The second security personnel to be called later after the incident was over was named Will, who walked us to our room, waited while we packed, and helped us into our car in the parking garage. Will, apologized numerous times, he was kind to my children as they were extremely upset and scared, and I am thankful for his help (I wish he had been the one called on scene the first time as he knows how to do his job and could be counted on to actually protect as a security personnel). Rick should be fired for many reasons, his service to Wyndham is deplorable!

The female manger of the hotel didn’t even offer an apology, she stood stone faced, uncaring, and one can only assume she is protecting her own butt for her employee Rick’s negligence. This is truly a zero star resort! The one star I’m leaving is required to leave a review. If you are family I would not suggest you stay here! There are so many resorts in the area so choose one elsewhere that you will actually be safe at! In addition to the assault, our room wasn’t even ready by 5pm the day we arrived, and the timeshare people were aggressive in trying to sell us more when this was only just our first stay at the timeshare period. This resorts new renovations cannot hide a majority of the poor staff on premise. This is a failing property unless Wyndham does some serious firing and hiring of actual educated and customer service oriented staff! Again, deplorable all around!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I went to a Wyndham Timeshare seminar (billed as a “travel club”) today at Wyndham Reunion Resort, Kissimmee, FL today. It was a low budget affair for a high priced product. The spokesperson was “Ben,” a supposedly former football star with a shiny bowl ring of some kind. I asked to know his last name but it would not be revealed. One of many red flags. Lots of high pressure to buy a high interest rate deal. They even offer a high rate credit card application if you can’t swing the down payment that day. Any good product does not require a high pressure sale. RUN!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Signed up at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas. They said our free stay after the presentation could be used at Caesar’s. So many lies! The sales presentation was awful (and I’ve Been to several). Hard sell, they want to run your credit report before they give you the details, had to ask 10 times what the details are before I got them. Your free stay has to be done online or through mail. Takes 30 or more days. Only allows you a 3 star hotel. Believe me when I say, don’t trust Wyndham!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I purchased a Wyndham Discovery Vacation Timeshare. It's a two year contract where I use 20,000 points to tryout their resorts. Sounded good at about $140.00 per month. Yes interest at 12.99%. No mention that wasn't included in the monthly payments. They use tactics similar to sleight of hand to point out (in contract) the good points intentionally directing your attention from the contract. Anyhow, was miserable the moment I left. Was on a vacation road trip so didn't read it all until I got home. Missed the cancellation deadline.

I paid it off immediately through the Comenity Capital Bank only using the one time user sign on. THANK GOD I DID. Got a statement from this bank and interest rate was 19.99%. Over $1700 in interest had I made the monthly installments. I do have the original Contract to prove it. Also not to mentioned and with their sleight of hand found out later I am required to attend Wyndham 1 1/2hr presentations at each place I stay. So my heart goes out to all of those that purchase anything from these crooks. Especially those that go for the lifetime memberships. Wish someone could shut them down.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We have owned a timeshare with Wyndham since 2018 and let me tell you, it’s been one year too long. During the original presentation, we were lied to and mislead into purchasing something we didn’t understand or want. Salespeople lied about when, where, and how we could use our points as well as lying to us about giving us a free week of vacation. We were also not informed of the maintenance or house-keeping fees. We weren’t informed of all of the other “program fees” that accompanied this ownership. We are not able to use the points how we want, like we were promised.

We were told this was an investment in our children’s future, but what they didn’t say was that this gets passed down mandatorily to our children and grandchildren whether any of them or us want it at all and we weren’t told that they couldn’t cancel the contract once inherited. This has been nothing but problems and has caused hardships to our family including, but not limited to hardship, stress in our marriage and family, and a mountain of financial burdens.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

The sign-up experience with this timeshare should have been an indicator of the rest of my experience since purchasing. They essentially hold you hostage until you agree to sign the contract, and then they disappear. Terrible service all-together. We have lost well over $20,000 and have multiple instances where our points have been "thrown away" even though we were told they would roll over until the next year. They say once you own, all vacations would be free. TOTAL LIE! You're responsible for taxes, gratuities, port fees, etc. This is in addition to outrageous loan payment as well as an ever-increasing maintenance fee. This was the biggest mistake we've ever made in our lives. It's hard to comprehend how a company is able to operate the way Wyndham does. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! Everything they tell you is a blatant lie!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

August of 2017, we attended what was supposed to be a 90-minute information session with a complimentary breakfast. In order to receive free tickets, we had to attend. This presentation was so long we ended up eating dinner there. Everyone else had already left. The salesperson proceeded to tell us that we could travel wherever we please. He told us we could ALWAYS vacation anywhere we please along with a two-bedroom suite! I also stated that we wanted to only stay in high security resorts with Wyndham. He GUARANTEED that we would be provided this.

Also, during the sales presentation, we were told we could cancel it at any time, because that’s what makes them different from the old timeshares. We went to this session at the the beginning of our 8-day trip. Therefore, by the time we got home and looked into our timeshare and saw how we couldn’t get anything we were promised, I tried calling to cancel. I was then told that I was told we had a 10-day rescission period, which wasn't true. We were told we could cancel at any time. We want out of this disaster of a company! We will never use Wyndham.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information