2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.1/5 (114 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have been trying to terminate my membership with Wyndham since we’ve had this membership. It was only about a week later when we called to cancel it and were told there was nothing that could be done and that we were stuck with it. The sales rep even agreed with my husband’s statement that “we would have to die to get out of it”. We will no longer pay because we want this cancelled immediately.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Years ago I got involve in this timeshare thing which I regret dearly. I was persuaded by my wife which she thought would be ideal to be part of not knowing how much of a big scam it is. Do not believe everything they tell you. It’s all lies. Trust me. I’m paying the price right now. Fees are outrageous. They go up constantly without you knowing about it. Once you sign into it you will not be able to get out of it. You are hold hostage. STAY AWAY...

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The Wyndham Rewards cards - especially the new iterations - are superb for Wyndham Resorts and hotels, and WorldMark time share owners. Purchases and fees for these organizations can be greatly offset (even completely!) by using these cards within their systems. (They are good for use elsewhere, but other rewards cards may be better for use outside of the Wyndham Resorts, hotels, and WorldMark time shares.) We use our card for all recurring maintenance fees, reservation fees, and housekeeping fees. The rewards given are very high (x4 to x6 for all costs). And, except for to very top tier card, they are free of any annual fees. Also, the Barclay's Bank processing is clear and accurate and their online app is very easy to use.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

We have had ZERO return on our investment with our timeshare purchase from Wyndham. The sales rep told us this would “solve our travel issues” but since we purchased back in 2019 we have yet to find any time to book a trip when and where we want to go… EVER! To make matters worse the maintenance fees keep growing and we keep getting more and more sales calls to pressure us to buy more points. Why am I paying to maintain something I never use? Why would I want more points when the points I already own are useless? The credit card interest is high and is hindering us from buying a new home. We were told to go to the bank and refinance for a lower interest rate. When we tried this the bank wouldn’t even loan us the money.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We were told that by buying this timeshare that we would be able to vacation whenever we wanted in these beautiful facilities, but that was all a lie. There is never anything available when or where we want to go. We have been brainwashed into meetings that have taken our vacations from us. We can not enjoy a family vacation due to the meetings and harassment from Wyndham. Wyndham has turned our life into a nightmare. We are supposed to be living "Golden Years" but because of Wyndham we have very little quality of life left.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

HUGE pressure during the sale pitting my wife and sales gal against me to make the sale. Ours was around $15,000, semi annual every other year in Kona. But NONE of the promises from the sales pitch were true. Telling us that the points will roll over automatically if not used, that we can book any associated hotel literally while you are in the parking lot and use points towards it. Never being told that we can ONLY use the points on every odd year. Took our Money with Nothing but broken promises to show for it. VERY disappointed and dissatisfied. Not user friendly. That's for sure. My last conversation I was handed through 4 different people before they told me I can't make it work for a weekend in October 3 weeks away.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We attended a presentation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in August of 2019. After spending six long hours of our vacation eating, touring condos, and sitting through sales pitches we declined their offer. That is when they offered us a “trial membership” that we could have for two years and then decide if we wanted to buy as members. We left that day thinking we did something awesome and were really excited.

We took our first vacation in February of 2020 with one of our friends. At check in we were told we would have to attend another meeting but it was not a sales pitch since we just started our “trial membership”. We attended the meeting and that was when we were informed we had to buy a membership or lose out on the “amazing discount”. We politely declined their offer but our sales representative Alexis ** acted very confused and disappointed. She proceeded to ask what Wyndham could do to change our minds. This was when we directly asked her if we could cancel our membership at any time if we wanted to, for whatever reason. She then informed us that we could cancel and walk away with no penalty at any time. So we decided to go ahead and become members.

Since February, we have come to realize that everything promised to us is a complete lie. You cannot give your membership back at any time like we were promised and if you try to they basically laugh at you. Also everything else they promise during the presentation like vacationing anywhere in the world at any time, being an investment for your family, and never having issues with booking are all a lie. We have already wasted too much time and money on something we have not even been able to use. We want out of this terrible burden and to be free of Wyndham forever!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I booked an until in Hawaii on the Big Island and had to cancel with Wyndham Extra Vacations due to Covid-19. I was told that my $200 deposit would be returned by check in 72 hours. After a week I called again and was told it would be 2 to 4 weeks. After a month I was again put off and told they had a wrong phone number (which had nothing to do with a return of my deposit). Three month later I am still waiting for the return of my deposit and now considering legal action. I would never deal with this company as they have not been honest with me.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

We said no to the first saleslady. So she brought her boss and we told her NO we cannot afford it. A 3rd man came in and we said we do not travel enough. This is our first trip in 11 years. Then a 4th came, now it's been almost 5 hours and we are feeling pressured. We wanted to leave and caved in. Now that is 2 bad marks against you: Wyndham lied and said it was not a timeshare and your company did not listen to our financial needs. But we were free to get on with our vacation and excited as it has been so long. When we got off the cruise we tried to cancel and they told us it was too late. We were stuck. We do not want to have anything with Wyndham. I look at anything that comes in from Wyndham and it makes me angry and now I want to get rid of my anger and you guys have a way to do this and should help us as it was your mistake and pressure that got us in this problem.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

My wife and I got suckered in to a timeshare presentation. Upon arrival when I was asked why I was there, I stated because it's not a timeshare presentation. The high pressure salesman told me that it what it was and he's talking to manager to try to get us our prizes for showing up and fill out incident report so this doesn't happen again. Well for 3.5 hours he was our best friend, then goes on to what we would be approved for, I said again, "I'm not interested and it sounds great for a couple with money but I'm not interested." He said ok. A 2nd person came over, and said we qualify for the hero's package, now went from 400 a month to 250, I politely declined, then a 3rd person came over to have us take a (survey) then tried persuading us to buy.

I finally got a lil pissed. Lady felt it and let us out of there with our promised gift. Let me tell you gift was not worth it. Our new found best friend Chris (high pressure sales person) wanted nothing to do with us, it was concerning how a person can befriend you for 3.5 hours then flip a switch when he realizes you really aren't going to buy his product. I'm sure someone with money and travels 3 times a year this is a great deal but this place doesn't care if you can afford it or not, want it or not. My advice is not to do it unless you have money. Don't accept any free stuff to sit for some presentation. It will ruin your day. The sales people were worse than a used cars salesman.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I have been an owner for almost a decade and this was the first time I felt conned by the sales team. I usually going in understanding the process but this time after five hours and exhausting discussion, I believe that I missed a key thing regarding the payment. They indicated an increase of $200 and instead when I reviewed it was actually a $400 and not within my budget. I am disappointed because I didn’t agree to what I was locked into. I take responsibility for aspects because I should have come back since I was late for an appointment and had been there for 5 hours with no food or water offered. Just really felt that I was taken advantage of. Sadly I was open to increasing my points. Just wanted them to be honest and not lie about the numbers. Now I need to figure out how to cancel this because I can’t afford it at all. So disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Our timeshare was purchased in 2015. We have only been able to use it 2 times in the past 5 years....all the while we were still paying for it even with it going unused. One of reasons is their “points” system. Our points are always “too low” to book when and where we try to book. We are very disappointed with this purchase and would not recommend to any looking to vacation.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I was offered a 2 night/3 day stay @ Glacier Canyon Lodge, Wisconsin Dells, WI if my husband & I took a 120 minute Wyndham timeshare tour. My husband and I did it and did receive the 30,000 points toward hotel stay and Joe stayed under the time limit promise. Joe ** did an amazing job presenting the company. We didn’t purchase, but we did enjoy the tour and appreciate their honesty and that they did not use high pressure sales tactics or bullying. And we look forward to using our 30,000 points over the next four years to get free or cheaper hotel rooms!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

We stayed at their Atlantic city resort this week. After check in we were ushered to another counter to sign up for our feedback meeting. They offered us $100 to give them feedback. This turned out to be a sales presentation for their vacation club points. I was offered 400k pts a yr for over $100k plus 000s in annual maintenance. I told the agent I can buy 500k IHG points for $2500. They said but that isn't owning and only for one yr. Ok I do it for maybe 10 yrs and would cost less than what their maintenance cost is. Starting telling me all the way to get the maintenance paid with their credit card, bonus etc. From reading other reviews this is all lies.

Finally was offered a foreclosure. 126k pts annually for $19k+ [original cost $40k] plus reg fees plus $1080 per yr maintenance. We ended up talking about other things and left in 1 hr 42 minutes. After leaving I read a lot of reviews online. One of which said if interested buy thru eBay. I went there and looked and saw 126k pts for the AC resort for $10.50. Yes ten & half bucks plus the $1080 maintenance. I might have brought that if for say 10 yrs but like Scientology, the commitment is forever.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I stayed at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston (07/10/20-07/11/20) en route to visit family. It was "the worst" hotel experience in my entire life! The floor was filthy, feet blackened walking from bed to bathroom; towels dirty and grey; pillows unwashed & found pubic hairs in the sheets. In sum, it was the worst hotel experience of my life. I will "never" ever recommend a Wyndham hotel to anyone ever again, gross. I literally slept in my clothes because I was so grossed out about it. ** After spending a sleepless night in the hotel room at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in North Charleston, South Carolina, I summarily went to the front desk in the morning and wrote up my complaint. "No Managers" were available at the time!? Why "NOT"? Why were NO managers available???

In my entire, life I have never stayed in a more disgusting hotel room such as this one. It was filthy and gross. On my trip to visit family, I also stayed at a Radisson and a Best Western and they were wonderful and clean and welcoming. This hotel was the exact opposite. There were people smoking marijuana in the parking lot. It was more of a poor apartment complex than a hotel. Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is "NOT" fit for the public. If Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham was bulldozed, burned down, and rebuilt it may be an improvement--maybe?!?

Furthermore, I should also note, there was no water in the pool and there were frogs living in the pool and croaking happily. Well, at least the frogs were happy?! What hotel has frogs living in their pool?!? There was no complimentary breakfast whatsoever. (And while I understand, COVID-19 virus is happening, there is no excuse for this. Other hotels I stayed at on my trip, a Best Western and Radisson, had take away breakfast!) In sum, it was the worst hotel of my life! Really, it was. I have to think hard when it was I stayed in a worse hotel. I should be given a full refund with explanation in regard to how dirty this hotel, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, truly was and why it allowed guests to stay in a room so dirty?!?

No guest should have the experience I had at this hotel, ever. Honestly, I stayed at your hotel because of the "name of Wyndham" because "Wyndham Hotels" was supposed to mean something. I had stayed at Wyndham hotels in the past and they were excellent such as the Wyndham Resort in Orlando, Florida. Now, however, because of my experience with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, the Wyndham name means "garbage" and "trash" to me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We have tried and tried to receive help from your company and received no useful help. We have sent multiple letters expressing our concerns on how we feel like we have been absolutely taken advantage of but no one seems to want to help us. During the sales presentation, we were told this is such a wonderful investment and how wonderful being a part of Wyndham is but this has been one of the WORST experiences of our lives and we feel like Wyndham has trapped us and will not let us go. We have been trying to get out of this for TWO YEARS. Wyndham has put a huge weight on our shoulders and we are only asking to be let out of this nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

After quite a long time as owners with Wyndham, we have come to regret ever making the decision to even look into timeshares. We’ve been through so many pushy, disingenuous salespeople with Wyndham that we are under the impression that Wyndham either purposefully hires people with those attitudes or trains people to have those attitudes. Either way, we were routinely advertised to falsely and had been given false understanding of Wyndham's obligations to us and our obligations to them as a timeshare company. The initial purchase of timeshare was made in late summer or early fall of 1988 at Sapphire Valley. It was for a week of use in the fall season and for a specific type of unit at Sapphire Valley.

The presentation probably took 3 to 4 hours and I decided to go ahead and make the purchase that day. I had heard about this through some mailing that I received and I thought that it was what I wanted based on how the information was relayed to me where I could have a scheduled time each year to get away. My wife and I talked over the next several days about how we needed to reach out and get this albatross off of our necks. Timeshare has been nothing but a nuisance to us and has robbed us of so much money that could have been spent on very good vacations. Knowing that timeshare doesn’t sell on the third party market for very much and that it take years is such a slap in the face to the enormity of money we have spent on these contracts. It hasn’t been worth that much to us and it isn’t worth that much to anyone else either.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I absolutely would not recommend buying a Wyndham timeshare… Exaggerations, misleading sales representatives, and an emptying bank account. To briefly summarize: We were constantly pushed by the salespeople to upgrade. The few times that we actually did use our timeshare we were pressured into attending meetings. Meetings that were pressuring us into upgrading our contracts/membership. We are supposed to be on vacation and having a good time and it is annoying to have to attend meetings where they just pressure you into more, more, more. All they care about is money. They don’t care about their customers. We were promised that we could use our points for certain things if we upgraded. Nope, not true. I could go on but I will just leave it at this for now.

Original review: July 22, 2020

The 90-minute meeting turned into 4 ½ hours. As we got our lunch, which by the way, was awful--dry chicken, cold green beans, and macaroni and cheese--we were directed to a room, then to a particular table, and were joined by a sales representative, Billy Rogers. Billy did everything he could to ingratiate himself to us as we ate and were “treated” to a presentation by another member of the Wyndham staff, who extolled the glories of vacation ownership at Wyndham. During our table talk, I referred to the Wyndham timeshares, and Billy corrected me, saying (repeatedly during the afternoon) that it was a vacation ownership, not a timeshare.

After the lunch, I was ready to leave. Billy walked out with us, and directed us to his cubicle. I stated clearly that we had no interest, and did not want to waste his time. He kept talking, asking us about our children and grandchildren, what places around the world we would like go on vacation, which vacations we would like to share with our family. As he persisted, I finally mentioned Hawaii (which I considered outlandish) and he said that he could make that happen. I heard that as bluster.

In retrospect, I think my wife and I were drawn in by Billy’s impoverished background and unpolished style. He spoke at length during lunch about growing up on an Indian reservation, and the two of us--a pastor and a therapist--felt it would be unkind to walk out on him. I don’t feel so kindly toward Billy now. Several times over the next few hours, he would ask us where we’d like to go, and then he would respond with some outlandish promise, while standing up halfway and peering over the top of his cubicle as if someone might be listening, and this was a secret between the three of us. Even at the time, it was ridiculous, even cartoonish.

I said repeatedly that we were not going to do this, and Billy said that he wanted to take us across the street to show us a property. It was a beachfront, top floor property with a scenic view of the ocean. The message: this is what we could look forward to with a Wyndham membership. We went back to his office, and Billy showed us different types of ownerships. As I recall, one cost $45,000, and another cost $100,000. I told him that the suite he had showed us was nice, but this was not something we could do. Then Billy asked us if there was one vacation that, more than any other, we really wanted to take.

I had mentioned to Billy that I would be retiring in the fall, and that we were downsizing, selling our home, and would be buying a condo. Now I added that our 50th anniversary was in August, and we were anticipating a long-dreamed of trip to Alaska. His eyes lit up, and he leaped out of his chair and left, bringing back with him someone who was obviously his superior. Connor was smooth and polished, an exact opposite of Billy. Connor told us that Wyndham had an arrangement with Norwegian Cruise Lines, and that Alaska was one of their destinations. He wanted to know if we would consider joining Wyndham if he could make the Alaskan cruise possible.

I responded that, as I had told Billy, we were in a transitional stage of our lives, we would be purchasing a new home, and could not do anything that might impact our credit report. I said that we had worked hard to raise our credit score. Connor asked, “Do you know what it is?” I had recently checked our score, so I knew exactly what it was. I hesitated because I was unsure whether I wanted to share such personal information. Finally, once I told him what it was, Billy sputtered and the two of them said almost in unison that there would be no problem.

I repeated that we could not afford the memberships Billy had shown us, and Connor left to see what he could offer us. The counter offer was a membership for $17,000. Again, I said that we could not do that, then Connor came back once again, saying that the $17,000 membership would buy us 105,000 points, 145,000 bonus points, and that this would bring us within 600 points of a Norwegian cruise to Alaska. He said we could rent the 600 points.

I knew that an Alaskan cruise for the two of us would cost in the neighborhood of $10,000, and for the first time (after at least three hours) I thought this might not be such a bad idea. They had been badgering us with promises of all the great perks that were available only if we bought the membership that day, especially emphasizing what a great deal “Last Call” would be. I asked Connor if we left, talked it over and came back the next day, would Last Call and other perks be part of the deal, and he emphatically said NO. He also told me that with Last Call, we could do as much with our membership as our friend with over a million points could do with his.

That was a lie, but the lie that angers me the most, and has caused considerable angst for my wife and me, was the lie that we “almost” had enough points to take the cruise to Alaska, a trip we had looked forward to and saved toward for years. Our down payment to Wyndham of $3,595 is the money we had saved for our 50th anniversary celebration. My anger is deepened by the fact that I told Connor about our anniversary, and that we would have to use those funds if we purchased the membership.

Our next stop was a Wyndham resort in Pompano Beach. I called the number on the Wyndham website for cruises, and when I made inquiry about arrangements for a cruise to Alaska, the representative told me that Alaska cruises required over 700,000 points, and that we might have almost enough for a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas.

Soon after we left Myrtle Beach, I was having some unsettling feelings, but it was during the call at Pompano Beach that I fully realized we had been conned. I felt like a fool, but more than anything, I was--and am--sickened by the loss of our anniversary cruise, and the financial impact of a virtually worthless Wyndham membership at a time when we are moving into retirement.

At the age of 71, after buying numerous cars and five homes over five decades, I know what it’s like to be on the receiving end of salesmanship. But my wife and I have never experienced such an environment of high pressure, almost hypnotizing tactics, and blatant lies that we were subjected to by Billy and Connor, and others on the fringe.

Original review: July 22, 2020

It was mass chaos from the beginning. We were offered free gifts to attend a meeting where a bus shuttled us to a different location. We didn't think the trade-off of the free gifts for 90 minutes of our time was a bad deal. However, upon entering the meeting room is where all the confusion began. There were a lot of people there. Some of the sales associates were unsure of what they were doing. We were passed onto different sales associates 5 times! After spending over 5 hours of our day of vacation in a tireless meeting where we were all but held against our will (we had no way to leave except for the shuttle bus), our brains were in overload. We were frustrated, exhausted, disappointed in having lost a day of vacation.

In the end, we were brought into a small room when Dawn began to "read" through the contract. She highlighted a few points the sales associates had gone over as she quickly scrolled through the contract. She threw so much information at us so fast we couldn't keep up. I remember asking on our way out, "What do we do if we decided against this purchase?" They told us there would be no problem that we had 5 days after we got home from vacation to look over everything. They also said, that even if we decided further down the road that we didn't want it, that Wyndham would want first dibs in purchasing it back because their timeshares were in such high demand.

After we got home, we called to cancel and were told we were 5 days too late! We were shocked! How could that be? That is not what we were told! And then to top it off, they told us there was no such buyback program! Due to our lack of trust in Wyndham, because of their untrustworthy practices and wishy-washy responses to us, we have no desire to utilize their resorts.

Original review: July 20, 2020

We were on vacation in Sevierville, Tennessee when we were approached by one of Wyndham's sales employees pressuring us to come to a meeting in exchange for an incentive. We attended the presentation and they made it sound like we would be in the best resorts and be able to travel worldwide whenever we wanted. They also made it sound like it was so affordable but we soon found out that it was all one big lie and what they showed us is not what we purchased. They also failed to tell us about the increasing fees and that this would be passed along to our children upon our deaths. This has been nothing but a strain on our family and we are not receiving what we were promised. Because of Wyndham, it almost cost us our marriage. We are requesting to walk away from this and a refund of the money we have paid. We have been lied to and cannot bear this weight on our shoulders any longer.

Original review: July 19, 2020

There are so many reasons this has not been a pleasant experience for us as promised. We originally purchase in April of 2017 and upgraded in December of 2017. At the upgrade, were hoping it would be a better experience than the first time because we knew we were taken advantage of and the salesman at the upgrade, said we did as well so they were going to fix everything and show us we could trust Wyndham to do it right the second time around. The salespeople (many of them) and their managers convinced us this time we would get what we deserved and the benefits would be real. They also said we would have one certain person (Bernadina) we could call for personal assistance anytime we needed help. I think they meant to say we could call, but could never reach her or get called back by her.

This is the most untrustworthy company we have ever dealt with. We were told we would have easy booking privileges, being owners. When we first purchased, we were told we could start using our points right away, well after 48 hours because they had to get us in the system. We were leaving the next day to go visit family in Utah and then Arizona, and they said by the time we got there we could use them. Well, we got there and we were told we had to wait 6 months (Nov. 1st). We soon found out it’s all about needing more points, them trying to push more points, and never having enough points!

The meetings were crazy, like a shark frenzy. So much going on all around us it was hard to focus on any one thing, and there were too many people talking to us at one time. We think because we were asked to give Wyndham another chance to prove they were worthy of our investment, we caved in. Do not trust Wyndham. We were told our costs would increase so slightly, we might not notice. Well, they doubled! The freebies and the Kindles were not worth what you took from us! We were manipulated and lied to! We think you know all the tactics because we heard it all around us, we weren’t the only people these things were being said to. The only thing we are looking for out of this now is to get canceled and get our money back. Every time we call to speak to someone they say our account is in the process of cancelling but it never does! This has been going on for YEARS! We are tired of the lies!

___

Original review: July 18, 2020

The Hotels are always clean in or out of the room...The staff is second to none..Never had any problems during the past 5 years...The food is great and the locations are very good in the states and cities we have traveled.

Original review: July 18, 2020

This company is quite possibly the worst, ethically deprived, company I think I've ever dealt with. I was in Vegas with my BF who happens to be a man. They asked if we wanted to do a presentation while we were inside our hotel (Luxor) and we said, "Why not." We had to use a credit card to secure our spot and if we didn't show, we'd lose the $35.

We showed up the next morning, breakfast was hard pancakes, potatoes, and fake eggs. We watched a presentation that went on for more than 2 hours (they promised us this would only be 1.5 hrs), and then they had everyone meet with a rep. I told Tarek I was married so he said I had to lie and pretend I wasn't in order for this to work. First red flag but he was so sweet and young, I didn't think he was a scammer. Then I said it didn't seem like this would work financially, I have three kids so it's a lot of money per month.

We travel about four times a yr, so he kept saying they had places in all the cities I go to, so I was very excited. He ran my credit, said I was approved for 40K points at $300 a month. My service wasn't working, so I couldn't google the company or text my husband or do anything. I made an excuse to use the bathroom and he followed me and said I could leave my phone w/ my friend.

I tried to back out of the deal, then comes the mean cop, dustin Durbin who berates us and tells us how stupid we are if we don't decide right now. I said, "Let me consult w/ my father (since I couldn't mention my husband)" and he said if I walked out the door, the offer was over and I could legally never attend another timeshare meeting or offer. I said, "No thanks," and then nice manager cop shows up. He butters me and convinces my friend that this is a good idea. We can use it, share it, rent it out to people and make money off of it. it all seemed fantastic. I sign, I'm happy, then I go to the mall where I have service and my phone and read all the horrible reviews. 40K points won't take me across the street so my $300 monthly is for nothing and the maintenance fees would just go up and up

I immediately try to find a way out of the contract. The sales contract guy said I had 6 months to change my mind, thankfully I the internet is unmatched. You have 10-14 days, depending on which location you signed. They're betting on the fact that you're on vacation and won't review the contract until you go home, and by then, it's too late

I sent them a rescission letter and canceled the contract immediately, in Vegas, during my vacation. The sticky thing is, they don't say whether it's 10-14 business days or just days. I followed the info I found online to a T, and got it cancelled. Two months later, my friend, who gave them zero info except his name, got a hard pull on his credit and a credit card in his name. We cut them up, called the company and complained, and threatened a lawsuit. Don't sign a contract with them. If you do, you have 10 days, at best, to change your mind. The info is usually buried in the contract, opt for a written on, not one on a stupid cheap Kindle. You've been warned.

Original review: July 17, 2020

As we were in Vegas with my husband. We got an offer to get free tickets for a roller ride and 100 voucher. They said it’ll be 90 mins long. So we thought why not?

As we went there, we came late so a lady did a one on one presentation for us. Honestly as soon I saw the numbers, I said that's out of our budget. We are not planning to buy anything as we already have enough bills to pay. So then they offered additional 12k credits on top plus a 350$ vacation package to Mexico. Honestly I felt like we should sign anything. But they were so pushy telling us this is the best deal. That we ended up signing up for it. It’s been less than a week. I really want to cancel this ownership with Wyndham. Does anyone had experience with cancelling?

Original review: July 15, 2020

We have not been allowed to take vacations where and when we chose as explained to us in the sales meeting. The lack of availability is a big issue and contradicts the promises your salespeople made to us. We have used this timeshare only once, for 2 nights in February 2019. On that vacation, representatives hounded us to attend an update meeting. They even slipped brochures under our door. It became clear that Wyndham just wanted more and more money from us, and never intended to let us just enjoy ourselves on vacation. It felt as though we were playing hide-and-seek to just avoid the Wyndham salespeople.

We thought we were going on vacation to relax, but Wyndham tried to get us to upgrade from the moment we arrived. We also have not been able to reach anyone for our questions and concerns. We have left many messages but no one ever responds! Another problem we have encountered is all the hidden fees we were not told about, which came up when we checked into the hotel. We also were not told that upon check-in, we would be required to pay more money in deposits! They even withheld our room key until we agreed to attend another sales meeting! We did not pay all this money to vacation to be on some business trip!

The idea of being able to take affordable vacations with our family for next to nothing and to have our travel provided was very appealing. But then came the real world. It was extremely difficult to find any availability. We finally settled on a place that was not our first choice, not our second choice, but just a place we found available. Only to be told our package was just a start-up package and didn’t cover any travel!

I have served three years in the U.S. Army. This so-called “great financial decision” for our family has been nothing but a financial disaster in every respect. When we called to sell back our ownership as instructed, we were told our account didn’t qualify for the ovations program! Because of all the misrepresentations and deceptions on the part of the Wyndham staff, we no longer feel bound by the agreement. Wyndham has not honored its end of the bargain.

Original review: July 15, 2020

We purchased our timeshare in Branson, MO in August of 2018 for just under $20,000.00 and we have never been able to successfully book one vacation! We have to take small vacations and use hotels with all out of pocket cost. We find it amazing that we can book where and when we want with regular hotels but not with the one we are “owners” with! The representatives told us that the timeshare would be easy to use and that we would be able to use it whenever we wanted. We were told that the timeshare could be handed down to our children at no cost to them. They could use it anytime they wanted as long as they had our number.

The presentation lasted over 3 hours instead of the 1 ½ hours we were told about. The representatives were a little pushy so we told them we needed to think about it, but we were made to feel as though we had to make the purchase right then to secure the offer. They told us they had several other couples interested in our deal and it would not be available later. We have tried several times to book a room at different locations. We waited and tried again at different times and different locations. The site always said there was nothing available, no matter what date we asked for. We never got to use a single day of the timeshare because we absolutely cannot find any availability anywhere.

Original review: July 15, 2020

We have invested more than $25,000 in this timeshare "investment" but have not been able to enjoy them in the ways we were promised during the presentations. Wyndham's staff kept pressuring us to sign up not caring if it would put us in a predicament for financial hardship or not. They never asked us questions about how this would affect our lives. They only pushed the contracts in front of us and told us promises Wyndham can never fully fill. We wrote a letter to Wyndham and they will not respond. Dealing with Wyndham has been one of the worst experiences in our lives. James has leukemia and being owners with Wyndham is just making things worse for us.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Wyndham will never stop selling points and promising a brighter horizon. I have been trapped in a presentation for nearly 7 hours on my last stay Glacier Canyon (Wi Dells) and they still can't explain the product correctly. They also promise a vacation any time, but in reality you have to book 10 to 13 months in advance. In today's world, Who can look that far in the future? Wyndham is a horrible company and no one should ever sign up with them.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Wyndham controls when we travel, and how far in advance we have to book the rooms. There is always a salesman harassing us to buy more point, and it ruins the vacation. When we purchased the contract we had four people talking non-stop, and we just wanted to leave. All the things that they said we would enjoy has been a lie, and this company is not worth doing business with.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information