2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

Original review: May 15, 2019

They lure you in by offering free things for 1 hr or your time. 5 hours later you leave exhausted and having signed for something that you do not fully understand because you were pressured into doing so. Their customer service is very poor as you are given "personal" numbers yet they will never answer of return any calls. Do NOT make the same mistake we did! They are not selling a great opportunity for your family. They are conning you into a burden that you can not get rid of.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We received a phone call just like the other reviews and was promised a trip to the Wyndham resorts and got a 2 star hotel! Customer service refused to accommodate us and instead wanted to charge us $150 for wanting to cancel the trip. This is a bait and switch situation. Please be aware!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Last year I received a call from Wyndham sales team a call. As a diamond member I was told I can get a vacation 3 nights package at ANY of their Vacation resorts in the USA, plus a resort credit after attending 1.5h meeting/presentation about their resorts. I did not want to buy it but the sales person was very convincing. She promised I can use the package against ANY of their vacation resorts in the USA including Wyndham Clear Water Vacation resort and she said this couple of times to me. Not the Grand hotel but actual vacation resort. And I bought it.. huge mistake.

Earlier this year finally I managed to get some time off and I sent a request with dates etc. No response. Then I called to book the Wyndham Clear Water Vacation resort and I was told that this resort is NOT part of my package. And that my package is for Daytona Beach... I don't (didn't even know where this was!!!). But I can pay a premium and book the Wyndham CW resort. Then something disconnected me. I called again, next person told me this is a premium resort and even if I want to stay I can't even with a premium. But I can stay at the Grand hotel Not premium mentioned to me before. I needed more time and circumstances changed. So Today I called again, I decided to go for San Fran Donatello hotel. I was told the hotel is fully booked and I can't have it. I asked if I can check on the web hotel availability before calling to save myself a time. And I was told they have different system and I can't check availability online I need to call. Mess, mess terrible.

Each time I checked flights, when I found good flight and somehow reasonably looking resort they had no availability.. I travel a lot and this is by far the worst experience I have ever had. Now not only I will not use ever again their vacation resorts and I dare anyone to do that, but I will also stay away from any kind of hotels from their group. In December I stayed in Costa Mesa, CA.. dirty, smelly, terrible customer service. Think twice before booking any of their hotels or resorts.

Original review: May 8, 2019

We are booked at this resort next week and I just learned they have no internet connections in the units. You must be kidding. We haven't stayed at a timeshare in over a decade that didn't have internet. This will certainly cause a lot of inconvenience for us. We are NOT HAPPY. Time to upgrade your services.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Zero stars really!!! This company is the worst I have seen. We were at the timeshare presentation for 6 hours. That's actually illegal and after 90 minutes is coercion. They promised us a trip to Greece with full benefits (airfare, rental car, rooms, etc.) With the 400,000 points they gave us. It cost us $4,000 for those points, but we figured that was fine because this would be our honeymoon and how much we would spend anyway. When we tried to book I learned it was only US places you could book and it was only the room. Based on the chart I will have spent $4,000 on rooms I could have booked for under $1,000. They also are smart and make you take out a PayPal credit card so you can't dispute when you come to your senses. PayPal pays them immediately so now you just owe PayPal and can't fight it. Completely screwed. Stay away from this scam. They have great salespeople, but don't fall for it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: May 1, 2019

We were invited over to Wyndham presentation at festival. The guy promised us a 2 night stay no blackout dates at any Wyndham resort for $100 if we listened to timeshare presentation. He said only two locations were off limits and if we wanted to book it at one of those we would only be able to stay one night not two. He said presentation was 90 min and no pressure or commitment. We were at resort for 4 hrs. They were nice until I asked educated and informed questions. They were very invasive when I inquired about maintenance fees and other downsides to timeshare.

When we would not buy their $100k timeshare or vacation club they started getting rude. They brought several managers that that were equally rude. When they gave us the gift they promised we found out it was rewards not nights as promised. They told us they were equivalent to 2 nights. We went online and all they have to choose from are cheap hotels like Motel 8. Which is ironic because the guy promised we would stay at a Wyndham resort and they talked bad about the same hotels that are now the only a accommodations being offered to us. They also told us we could use their facility for the day. We were harassed by security when sitting by the pool and told it was for owners and guests only. We had to find someone and were treated like trespassers. Save yourself the headache and time. They are another typical high pressure timeshare company with same lies and scams!

Original review: April 24, 2019

This is really not worth your time and more importantly your money. You try and make a booking nothing available and when you ask for later days they tell you to call later on as the dates are not out yet and when you do call later they have no space available! Because they have very limited spots available for Discovery members. They promise a lot of things that they can not deliver!!!

Original review: April 21, 2019

My husband and I went to listen to the sales pitch. After the spiel, my husband decided to fill out the paperwork because they wouldn't tell us how much until we did. When they came back with the price, my husband said we needed time to discuss it and said we would come back the next day. That was unacceptable to them. They wanted us to sign now. They made it sound like we couldn't get the same deal unless we signed right then. So my husband said he wasn't feeling well and maybe needed to go to the ER. They still pushed it until I got mad. Then one man followed us into the elevator to keep trying! I gave them 1 star only because you have to put in something... Should be able to just put a sad face.

Original review: April 19, 2019

If you want to enjoy your vacation stay away from Wyndham hotels and resorts. They ruined our yearly vacation and the worst was when we reach out to them with our concerns they said they have nothing to do with the hotels and we have to communicate directly with the hotels. I have the phone records that I will submit to listen to the horrible response!!! We submitted a complaint with the BBB and we advice everyone has an issue with them to do the same so they can work on the horrible customer services they have. If I would say this company it’s a big SCAM but unfortunately there are other good hotels under their name but most of them is just scam.

When we reserved our vacation we liked the photos and info were provided on the website but when we went to the hotel it was nothing compared to the website the rooms furniture were broken, bedbugs, smell of molds, dirty and very old and outdated pools. Disgusting! We took photos and submitted to BBB and they contacted Wyndham since it’s the mother company and their response was we need to deal directly with the hotel!!! Wyndham is just a Big scam, unprofessional and waste of time and money. We lost a lot in addition to the stressful time we spent and ruined our vacation that’s why I’m writing this review to help others not to go through what we went through as family.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been an owner with Wyndham for 17 years. During that time they have been a pretty good company. The customer service was good and when we had any problems they were quickly rectified. That is not the case anymore. Now they only want your money and once they have it they don't care about you at all. I recently had over a million points taken out of my account without my authorization. I spent two and a half hours on the phone with a customer care representative named Steve. He researched everything and acknowledged that the points should not have been taken out of my account, but he didn't know where they all went. He assured me that points just don't disappear into thin air and they would research it further and get to the bottom of it, and call me back. They never called back.

My husband called them and went through everything with a new person who said they would look into it. Nothing has been done. Between my husband and I we have made over ten phone calls and no one is doing anything. After the 4th phone call they said that a case had not even been opened on it. Every phone call is hours of our time as we have to go through the whole thing with a new person. Meanwhile I am paying maintenance fees on points that I can't use, because they were stolen from me, and paying for hotel rooms since I can't use my points.

Original review: April 16, 2019

After being chased by Wyndham "Offers and deal" people I decided to give them some time to listen the offer. Have to say sales rep was speaking thousands of words per second and painting ALL the nice stuff I could get by buying the offer. So, I finally said yes. After I got the confirmation email I booked my vacation. I wanted to make sure I understood everything she said and I got all the info ahead of time. So I went back again and review the 4 pages. When I got to "Terms and conditions" I read the requirements which I didn't know since she NEVER explains those. So I spend over 1 hour with a sales rep (John) to explain me again and as usual he transferred me to another Customer service rep (Omar). He said that I did have those requirements. (End of call.) After 10 mins Omar calls me again to tell me that the info he gave me was incorrect so they will cancel my offer and refund me which I didn't want.

So they Never said it was a timeshare kind of deal, Never said the requirements, told me incorrect information and decided to just not give me anything. This is so disappointed. They kept saying they want to go above and beyond for their customers... but all that it's BS. That's just a catch. After staying with Wyndham hotels for more than 8 years that is how they treat their customers??? I'm not giving them any penny again!!!! Never staying again with them.

Original review: April 8, 2019

HORRIBLE! The Wyndham brand of hotels are a nice hotel chain. However, please stay AWAY from this particular location, Baymont Indianapolis East 2311 N. Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis In. This location has the rudest desk staff I have ever seen. ** works the front desk and has the nastiest attitude and is rude and unfriendly, she totally screwed up my reservation from day one. ** is the general manager, she puts on a smiley face but is also rude, I witnessed her yelling at a man in the breakfast area. I do not know what the relationship was between her and this man but she was very loud, rude and disrespectful to him. **, who also works the front desk is of absolutely NO help at all in resolving issues with the hotel and none of them will give the name and contact info of the

owner so that you can air a complaint. They wouldn't even give me the number to Wyndham Customer Care, I had to google it.

The so called "hot" breakfast they serve on the weekend is absolutely horrible! You would be better off just walking across the yard to Bob Evans. The hotel has a LOT of unfinished "renovation" cosmetic flaws, which make the ENTIRE hotel and rooms look a MESS. The ice machine on the 4th floor did not work. I should have checked the reviews online for this location before I booked it because I would have seen all the bad reviews they have and booked somewhere else.

Also please be aware that even tho the sign on the room door says check out time is 12:00 NOON (I'm sure by now they have probably changed it after my dispute with them)! It is actually 11:00 am and they will charge you $50 if you stay past checkout time!! And they DO NOT CARE if the sign was misleading! This staff is completely unforgiving, uncaring, unfriendly and RUDE. They will do ANYTHING to charge you extra money! Read the online reviews! Do yourself a favor and stay SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Every time I use my timeshare to go on vacation, I am intensely pressured to upgrade my contract. The salespeople that work for Wyndham are extremely pushy and rude. They refuse to take no for an answer and will not allow me to leave the “Owner Update Meetings” until I give them more money and upgrade my contract with Wyndham. These meetings are quickly turned into sales pitches and never update me on anything. I have become so frustrated with Wyndham and their salespeople that I do not want to use my timeshare to go on vacation anymore.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Every time we try to have a nice, relaxing vacation, Wyndham ruins it. Multiple salespeople are constantly calling the phone in our in our room at all hours of the day and night. They lie and tell us they want to update us on the new changes that Wyndham has made, but this "UPDATE" quickly turns it into a sales presentation. We have tried to ignore the phone calls, but they never stop. The salespeople never get tired of calling your room. Once they finally get you on the phone, they won't leave you alone until you agree to go to one of their "OWNER UPDATE MEETING". We don't even look forward to going on vacation with Wyndham because their employees are so obnoxious and annoying.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I made a reservation at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for the weekend of March 22 to 24. I have stayed there before several times and thoroughly enjoyed it. My friend and I were meeting in Myrtle Beach and we chose Seawatch Plantation because they have two indoor pools and it was near activities that we had planned for the weekend. On Friday, March 22, at approximately 12 PM, four hours before we were to check in, I received an email stating that I needed to call Wyndham. I called them and they told me that my reservation had been canceled due to "unforeseen circumstances."

I was actually driving to Myrtle Beach as it is about a 3 Hour Drive for me and a 5 Hour drive for my friend. We were both on the road and were told that I had no place to stay. I told them this was not acceptable and They stated that they could put me at their “Towers on the Grove” property in North Myrtle Beach. I initially made the reservation at Seawatch because they have indoor pools and tennis courts were nearby. I told them Towers on the Grove was not comparable because there was no indoor pool and not in the location I wanted. They then said I could look on the internet to find accommodations.

They refunded my money but offered nothing else, basically saying they were sorry but could do nothing to help me. So, I was in Myrtle Beach with nowhere to stay and many of the nicer resorts that offered the accommodations I wanted were full. I found somewhere else that evening but this was extremely stressful, especially after a long work week. The customer service was horrible, to say the least. They don’t care about their guests, and cancelling a reservation on the day of check in is totally unacceptable.

Original review: March 25, 2019

My husband & I went to timeshare meeting while on our anniversary trip. We bought into Wyndham 2-year Discovery Timeshare ‘200,000’ points in 3/2017. We made a couple of reservations. We stayed at one place in Sept 2018. The other reservation was for Dec 2018, which I had to cancel due to surgery. I called to cancel and was told it was cancelled, & I called closer to the planned date to confirm & was told it was cancelled! I recently tried to make another reservation before the two years membership expired only to be told I had just 3,000 points left! I asked WHY? They said I didn’t cancel the Dec 2018 reservation & had forfeited the points - over 100,000 points. I was in disbelief!

The customer rep was not very pleasant so I requested to speak with a higher up & was told the matter was already reviewed & no reason to transfer me to a supervisor! She said there was nothing they could do I would not get back the points. Their tactics scream cheaters, underhanded, & just plain unscrupulous. I’m glad We did not buy into the long term timeshare ownership, we only had the discovery trial package. If they do this to us I can’t imagine what happens to those with the ownership timeshare that they can’t easily get out of! Never again, don’t want any of those ‘timeshare’ offerings. We lost/wasted almost $3,000. Be wary of them!! We’ll plan & pay for our trips the old fashion way!!

Original review: March 21, 2019

My wife and I visited Gatlinburg in March 2019. While there we stopped in Kroger to get some groceries and as we were leaving we stopped by a kiosk where a lady had a bunch of brochures for activities around the area. Being a family of six we knew our money would not get us very far with all the attractions and high prices. The lady told us she could get us 50-60% off of attractions if my wife and I agreed to sit in a presentation for 2 hours. Immediately I pushed for us to leave knowing it was a timeshare scam but my wife convinced me that we wouldn’t say yes and two hours for two things we otherwise wouldn’t be able to do would be worth it.

So the next morning we attended an earlier time so we could be out of there sooner. We were greeted with “free” coffee before we headed up to the main conference room where a lady sat us down and began asking general questions. As soon as we mentioned our kids she persisted on asking more about our vacations with them and how life is short blah blah blah. We then went to another room where another salesman talked to us and had us watch a video. Up to this point it wasn’t bad but I knew what was coming.

When the video ended we took a tour of the “rooms” that we would be offered if we bought into the program. First error we saw was she told us the rooms were presidential suites but when we were in the room she suddenly started calling it a studio loft? After the tour we went back and sat at a table with what was now another salesman and the lady that walked us around. She sat quietly as the sales guy began his pressure talk. In the middle of him joking and relating to us (gag) another guy walked by giving him a paper to which he immediately shoved under the table. He joked with us some more then brought it out casually. A credit check. (More gagging). I crossed my arms and said I was not having my credit ran because I had worked hard to bring it up to buy a house. Whatever you do, do NOT let them credit check you.

After I said no I told him where my credit was at and that if he wanted to show me his program tiers that we would just have to go on my word. He left and never came back. Instead we saw him go on to another table. Then we are given the different tier plans by another sales guy. This guy was here to make the deal. Pulled out every tactic in the book. Even went as far as saying if we didn’t do this we didn’t want what was best for our kids. We stayed persistent with our NO’s and eventually they gave up. We got up and the lady said we would need to be checked out and again we are taken to a table where another sales guy began giving us a survey.

At the end he asks if the lady told us about the trial membership... No? How convenient! So now we are sitting for another 20 minutes to tell us about this much more affordable option. At this point my wife was seeming more interested in something that was more affordable and less contract oriented. I had a real bad feeling and told her there was no way right there I could say yes. Surprisingly enough the man agreed to let us go home and think about it. We got our discount tickets and went on our way. When I got home I found these reviews and I am so glad we didn’t give into these guys. I just feel bad for the couple that we saw agree to the program. (They announced it to everyone.)

Original review: March 20, 2019

Attention to those of you who are unaware of the scam that Wyndham Vacation Resorts is running & I strongly advise that you avoid this company at all cost... I won't bore you guys with the long details of my horror story dealing with them but Let's say that getting a refund from them is so far beyond HELL THAT SATAN HIMSELF WOULDN'T DEAL WITH THEM!! What company makes you send out a handwritten letter in order to receive a refund & then turn around after a 2 week follow up & say, "Oh BTW you needed a Post Office receipt for the letter you handwritten as proof that you mailed it out to us."

Like excuse me What?? Now I myself should had known right then & there to contact my Credit Card Company (STILL WILL) from the moment these Wyndham snakes ask me to write a letter for money that's rightfully mine. If they took it electronically & they need to give it back the same way. These people are con artist & will most certainly make payday off of you so please heed my warning & AVOID, AVOID, AVOID BY ALL MEANS. They don't even deserve 1⭐.

Original review: March 20, 2019

They make it so easy to get into these memberships, but getting out is a completely different story. I inherited mine from my parents. After years of paying $800 a year in membership dues and never, ever being able to book a stay in a desirable property, I put my membership up for sale on RedWeek. I priced it low and it sold quickly.

Then the fun started. The deal went into escrow in mid-August of 2018. The escrow company, and I, had to deal with the title department at Worldmark. The process of transferring title has taken 7 months and it is still going on! Every time I had to interact with them, and it was numerous times, it would take them anywhere from 1-2 months to respond, if they responded at all. For whatever reason, they couldn't provide the needed documentation all at once... It had to be requested in stages.

For example, I waited more than a month to get a "special" form from them that asked for nothing more than the contact info for the buyer and seller. But eventually I received my proceeds from closing and presumed the deal was completed. Wrong. Even though the escrow company told me the dues from Q4 were to be rolled into the closing statement, Worldmark did not credit the payment and put me in collection. Without bothering to tell anybody, of course, as is their custom. So now I owe dues from Q4, a collection fee, and because Worldmark has sat on it _again_ for a month, I will owe another quarter of dues.

This company is a trainwreck. The only thing they do well is upsell and hound users about "member education" events, where they can sell you more points you will only be able to use in garden spots like Fresno or one of their dumps like Palm Springs. Worldmark needs to acquire the Hotel California, because you can check in any time you want but you can never leave.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Arrived 3/9-3/15. We were very unhappy with Tidewater. The lack of being able to park on the 2nd floor garage when I paid for a 2nd floor unit started this whole thing. Having never been here, the front desk did not make any sense in explaining what we needed to do nor was there any communication to us prior to arrival that the 2nd floor was being pressure washed and repainting lines. We arrive in this unit to find mildew in the bath and shower of both bathrooms. The sofa in this unit is FILTHY. I had shoulder surgery 4 weeks ago. If I could not sleep in the bed, which has been how it is at home, I sleep on the couch sitting up. There is no way I will sleep on this one! he red wall in the kitchen is nasty too. We wanted coffee last night. Guess what? The coffee maker didn’t work. I had to go buy one at the dollar store AFTER having just come from Walmart.

Last but not least, see the final pics of my husband’s feet. Mine were this way too. This is after we had been walking around this unit with bare feet. We had not been outside at all. So before we could go to bed, we had to wash our feet. Needless to say, I am wearing flip flops in this supposedly “cleaned” unit so my feet don’t turn black again.

All of this is totally unacceptable for the amount of money we paid to stay here. We come here with my son’s high school ball team every year. This will be the one and only time we stay at Tidewater. On Sunday the 10th, I emailed someone at Wyndham resorts and as of Monday 3/18, I have still not heard from her. On Monday 3/11, they sent a young lady in to clean the mildew in both bathrooms. She still didn’t get it all and then her idea of mopping the floor is to walk around the whole unit with a spray bottle and mop as she went.

Needless to say it was not clean after she got through. Apparently, no one’s ever taught her how to mop the floor. our feet were still dirty after she mopped the floor. So that leads me to wonder how many more units weren’t actually cleaned. There are plenty of other places in Panama City Beach to stay so we won’t be staying here again and apparently people‘s concerns are not a concern to them because you don’t hear anything back.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I had to give a star to post this review. I will give them zero stars. Wish I could give minus stars. Do not buy into Wyndham Timeshare Ownership. It will not be worth the headache. They will tell you they have flexibility in planning your vacation anywhere anytime but that is not true. You have to book at minimum a year in advance and then you will be lucky if there is availability for your entire vacation.

They will invite you on special "VIP" weekends and then scam you into "upgrading" which is their version of sucking more money out of you. They may even open credit accounts in your name that you are not aware of until you get the first bill. I know this as fact because they did it to us. Their version of an upgrade is you will have to make another down payment. They will lie to you about services you're entitled to with your ownership and after the fact those services won't be available too because you do did not purchase enough points.

This is a contract you can never get out of. They will tell you you can get out of the contract but you have to continue to pay. They will even ask you to lie about your annual income so that you qualify. They will try to tell you that their timeshare program is the best because it is worldwide and you can travel anywhere and your children can inherit it. Keep in mind all timeshares are inheritable if you own them! Just a horrible company to work with and I would suggest running as far away as fast as you can if you are approached about a Wyndham timeshare.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Wyndham salespeople will do anything to make a sale. We quickly found out that 70,000 points was not going to get a family of 6 anywhere. Our salesperson at Glacier Canyon told us that our first salesperson screwed us over, and they were going to make it right. The sales office in Glacier Canyon told us to call them if we needed anything, but every time we call they do not ever answer our call. We have left several voicemails and never once received a returned call. Wyndham will promise anything you want to hear just to make a sale. They never intend to keep any of their promises. All they care about is taking your money.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

STAY AWAY PLEASE for YOUR OWN SAFETY AND COMFORT. I have had an absolutely horrible experience with Wyndham. I signed up for a vacation package with Wyndham Resorts for a stay at the Wyndham in NYC. Prior to participating in this sales pitch for their timeshares I had the opportunity to stay at two Wyndham properties in Atlanta, Georgia and Manama, Bahrain. Between the both I encountered blood stained sheets, hair on the bath towels, phones not working, bed bugs, dirty and mildew in the showers, and a very non-responsive and indifferent management. When I attempted to cancel my “vacation package” I was told I cannot. They also said that the Wyndham properties are not the same as the vacation properties. I asked if both were owned by the same shareholders and I was told yes. I asked if both reported to the same CEO and Chairman, I was told yes.

The response from the Orlando Fla staff and the Corporate Office was deplorable, defensive, intentionally misleading and not very honest. I did mention to them that I was an educated person and capable of self-recognition but was still treated in a very patronizing manner. I strongly recommend booking all your hotel stays and “vacation travel packages” with a non Wyndham property. Also check your bed for bugs and sheets with blood stains and your towels for someone else’s hair. Check your phone and make sure all the light bulbs work prior to accepting the room. Also do not order an omlet from room service. In Atlanta is not delivered on a tray or table and you must eat it off your bed and in Bahrain it is served burnt with none of the “extras” you asked to be included.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Wyndham Timeshare Nightmare, this is, of course, one of the biggest mistakes ever... Now, after 10 months w/ Timeshare Exit Team, who says it will get us out, I want to look at recouping the massive amount of $$$ spent AND punitive damages. Please, any referrals to existing action(s) or anyone interested in starting one.TY, Bill.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My husband and I attended a presentation on November 6, 2018, while on our honeymoon in Las Vegas. The presentation got us thinking that what they said made sense. We want to travel more and thought this would afford us those opportunities. Our salesman David, appeared nice enough and was helpful during our discussion. We advised him that we couldn't afford to purchase right now but would think about it for the future. He pushed and pressured us into different ways we could finance the purchase that day.

Reluctantly, we purchased and made the biggest mistake of our lives. All the information provided to us during our sales pitch was a complete lie! We did not realize this until we returned home and began receiving information from Wyndham. I immediately contacted our salesman and the quality assurance manager, who both told me there was nothing I could do but suggested I contact the main office in Orlando. I contact them immediately to have our case reviewed to get out of our contract. Today, February 20, 2019, 4 months later! They tell me I'm stuck with it but because of all the hassle they'll pay my maintenance fees for the year. I want nothing to do with this company and want to sell. I will be researching resale.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Came to a hotel on vacation and was told we had to come and get our “welcome package”. Ultimately we agreed to do a two hour timeshare consultation to get points towards free nights at a hotel and for some tickets. I’ll point out the pros first and then the cons. A free mediocre lunch. The speaker was pretty funny so it was somewhat entertaining. Our rep was very friendly.

Cons: We were told it was two hours but it ended up being three hours (vacation time is precious). They said there was no pressure and that you didn’t have to buy but then they try to force multiple options on you. After speaking with our one on one rep another person came over with the “offers”. They had no personality and seemed to get more and more angry when the answer remained no. Every time they were given a logical answer they tried to make a rebuttal, down to the point where they made it seem like I would ruin my kids' childhood memories because I was saying no. At this point I was completely done listening and I’m completely offended.

Ultimately they made everything look great; to the point where you really want to consider it but they give you no time to think it over and demand an answer on the spot. When you say no they bring out other options at a prorated amount with less days. This continues over a 20 minute period. Then they bring over another person with the survey and they try to sell you a final attempt package. After explaining my extremely logical and level headed reasons like a broken record, we were finally able to collect our points and tickets and leave.

Overall it went from a pretty good presentation to the feeling of unnecessary urgency... If they had given us time to think and research...they probably would have sold us. But when someone pushes something and doesn’t want you to think about it...it makes you think that they don’t believe in their offers and makes the place less appealing because they know you’re not going to like what you research.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Need help! Was in Las Vegas December 2018. Have been a owner for over 10 years. Long story short was fed lies and deceptions in order to sell me more points. Have written statement from a friend sitting with me during sales pitch and my sister over the phone (also a account owner). Was told I had $22K in "assessment fees" that will HAVE TO GET PAID. Turns out they used that line among other to deceive me into buying more points. Has anyone else received these lies? I need help!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

In December 2018 I was in Orlando Universal Studio. A sales offered 7 nights at Margarita Villa in Puerto Rico for listening 1 hour presentation. Attended presentation and it was not appealing and I am already Hilton vacation owner. I rejected offer. A person came to take feedback. Said he is senior and wanted to take feedback and wanted us to consider another offer. 400,000 points without any commitment. Most attractive feature is it can be cancelled and you can make monthly payment as low as 60 dollars but should be completed before months. In that 24 months you can cancel at anytime as far as you have not started using the points. Since it can be cancelled at any time we bought it.

They bring contract papers one by one. First page itself I observed a discrepancy. Discrepancy was, sales person told us you can use this package even without paying one installment and once you use promotion you can pay it off in 24 months or before contract ends. But in the contract it was written that 1450 had to be paid minimum to activate promotional package. When we enquired about it he said you can mark it as not applicable. This is how they gain confidence and he brought last page where cancellation policy is written just before we left and got our signature. It was a catch and it says within 10 Days we have to cancel.

After vacation many few weeks later since I didn’t make payment and wanted to know how I make payment I called customer service then I got all information about cheating, mind game cheating. Cheating number 1 - cancellation is not for 24 months. It should be done within 10 days contractually. Cheating number 2 - entire amount 3800 dollars to be paid within 6 months or else they will charge interest rate for the whole amount. Please beware with this company.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I recently booked a Wyndham hotel for one week through a 3rd party. (Hey, I like to save money!) Upon checkout from the hotel I asked the office personnel to please add the Wyndham Reward points onto my account. Their response was that I didn't qualify due to the fact that I booked my stay through a third party! So either you book directly through the hotel, pay full price and receive Wyndham points, or book through a 3rd party as save money from the get-go! It's no brainer!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I rented a cabin called Nature's Paradise in December 2018. The cabin was supposed to be ready for a 4pm check in time but was not ready until 6pm. We were told that the linen had to be changed however the maids had not cleaned the unit at all. When we finally go in at 6pm we still could not enter because the floor were all wet from the recent mopping. After checking in we had to call twice regarding the heater. The temperature in the unit was in the 40s and going down instead of going up.

Finally at 11pm a A/C repairmen was sent out and he had to replace a part. We continually complained about the inoperable hot tub. The motor needed to be replaced. The hot tub vibrated the whole cabin. The noise was so loud we could not even sleep at night. The agency made a small compensation for their shortcomings however was not nearly enough for our inconvenience. The bottom line is that the heater & hot tub never did work properly. These mechanical items should have been inspected prior to anyone renting this unit. I will never do any business with Wyndham Vacation Rentals again!!!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information