1.10/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

789 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I stayed at a Wyndham Hotel in Raleigh, NC this past summer that was under renovation at the time. The Wyndham Hotel name used to stand for quality, this no longer the case, at least at this hotel. It was unsafe, filthy, and all services were totally dysfunctional... the entire hotel was completely torn apart, totally disorganized, smelly, roaches crawling about, construction debris all over parking lot, locked stairwells, etc. This stay was a real disappointment to say the least. My husband is disabled and cannot climb even small stairs, so, after elevators became broken down and we were unable to get to our room and had to sit in lobby for nearly 2 hrs waiting for repairman to come make it start working, we canceled the remainder of our stay there... and at that time, the desk clerk informed us that this was a common practice for this hotel.

To add insult to injury... I am now overwhelmed with constant, nearly daily, cold calls and telemarketers on my private cell phone number from Wyndham Vacation Resorts. So, they not only misrepresented themselves as a functioning hotel, they also feel free to avail themselves of my personal contact info without my knowledge. I had no idea that this was going to be the result of my trusting them with my private contact information... and without my permission or approval they are intruding into my private life, via cold call phone calls on my cell phone, unsolicited, and extremely unwelcome on every level... whether or not; and when and if, I ever get this resolved, you can rest assured that I would NEVER, EVER, subject myself to this kind of shoddy, sneaky, and predatory business marketing practice. Shame on Wyndham corporation, this is the most miserable experience I have had with such a huge corporation in a very, very long time.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Me and my spouse had done the Bluegreen seminar so we thought we would try Wyndham out! Worst mistake ever! They had us sit thru the presentation but after it was like we were drilled. We had our 2 kids with us so after being there for over 4 hours we were so drained! They tried running my wife's credit and the girl come back saying it wasn't going thru for some reason so I had her run mine. Boy I never should have done that! She acted like she hit a gold mine. After seeing the deal she could do for us I kept telling her now was not a good time. She made it out to seem like my family is not important to me because I wouldn't purchase that day. I will not ever use Wyndham again. Bluegreen vacation didn't pressure us like them. The girl at Bluegreen got it and didn't continue to drill me! Stay away!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My husband and I agreed to attend a timeshare presentation which was described as “a short slideshow” which would take 90 minutes. Almost 4 hours later, I was bumping into chairs in a desperate attempt to escape. I’ve never experienced such pressured and outright disrespectful behavior from salespeople. We were told that the inquiry which was REQUIRED by his boss to obtain the promised tickets, was a single, soft inquiry. Later in the day, I received notification from my credit reporting monitoring service that they had placed two, HARD inquiries on my credit!!! We continually refused the purchase and were approached by several other salespeople trying to get us to agree to the purchase!

Today, I received a notice of an account with Club Vacation with a $6000 credit limit. I NEVER AGREED TO OPEN AN ACOUNT WITH THIS COMPANY!!! WE WERE OUTRIGHT LIED TO ABOUT THE INQUIRY! The salesperson stated that most people purchase the packages. I knew better! If this were the case, why put so much pressure on perspective buyers? Despite my no, they went forward with a hard inquiry. Shame on you Tommy and your entire Wyndham Vacations team! Please open an investigation into the practices of this company! I’d be happy to answer additional questions and assist with the investigation.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Had the worst experience. Long story short. Took 2hr presentation for $100 worth of free pass after presentation. 2 hr turned into 5 hrs. And they try to sell a $30,000 vacation package and wanted me to make the decision right then. And said they will check my credit score but it won't be a hard inquiry but 3 days later I see it's on my report. They would not give me any copy of any pages to look over or any pages that I signed like the credit check pages. I had a vision of Wyndham being 7 star resort but after going thru they presentation I give them 0 stars. They try their tactics so hard to get you to purchase right then and lie about some stuff. They never mentioned about annual fees or high interest rate. The sales guy said it would be a 0% interest rate and came back with 17%. Company sucks. Email me at ** if you want more info.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Over 10 years ago I bought Grand Desert in Las Vegas for reasons that do not need to get into. We have family that lives there so it seemed to be a good idea. Now we have no use for it & I had banked over 230,000 points with RCI. Through Ovation from Wyndham I sold part of my points through a legitimate real estate firm, only paying closing cost when the sale was executed. I was left with 77,000 points which again through Ovation I basically gave up to them. The good news is no more monthly fees.

Now the bad news. When I went to set up a vacation using my banked RCI points, I was informed that since my account was closed I lost all those points I had banked. When I called Ovation I was told very nicely, tough **. When I told the Ovation person I was never informed I would lose those points, again: tough **.

Thank goodness I am done with Wyndham. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. If you are ever offered one of these vacations, run from it as fast as you can. Wyndham is basically a scam operation. Whatever they offer you as a come on, tell them to take a hike.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Do not get me wrong. I enjoy Wyndham Resorts. They are great places to stay. But DO NOT buy points or TIMESHARES period! They are money pits!!! You constantly have to buy more points and upgrade to continue to vacation. You will never get paid off! My advice: Just rent from someone if you want to go!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was charged my own downpayment and someone else's downpayment on my PayPal account. After 45 min getting the runaround I finally got the extra 5,000 removed from my account. Then when I wanted to place a complaint I had to deal with another runaround which led to 30 more minutes of sitting on hold and talking to employees who didn't know anything to help me. Just to have one call me a liar and refer me back to one of the people I had already called. Fed up I hung up the phone. If I don't get a call back with someone seeking me out to resolve the issue then I'm going to cancel this contract that they breached by overcharging the down payment.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The monthly expenses of being part of the club outweighs the benefits. The point system only works for the resorts, (which probably isn't even available the dates you want to go) not the hotels associated with club Wyndham. You have to earn reward points which means spending more money. The credit card provided to earn said reward points is very limited and the interest is outrageous. I much rather save myself thousands of dollars a year and pay for my own hotel room than deal with the frustration of jumping through their loopholes just to get benefit out of the program. I cannot wait to cancel.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My g/f and I agreed to a 3 day/2 night vacay at any resort in exchange for a 90 min presentation in Austin, Tx and the $50 fee. The night prior to the presentation, we discussed high pressure sales and agreed that "no" would be our motto, no matter what. We arrived at the hotel and I parked in the 30 min check-in parking spot, of which there were about 20, 18 of which were free. I walked in and advised the desk person of what I did and what we were there for, and then was told that I had to move my car. Parking in the hotel was $7/hr, and I asked if they validated parking. When she said no, I questioned how they had the gall to charge me for parking for a presentation they invited me to attend. She then said we could park on the street, which we couldn't as there were no spaces. I told her never mind, we'll just leave and call it a day, at which point she said that she "thinks" the sales staff could validate parking if we got a ticket.

We had to go back outside to access that side of the building (and the sales staff) and found out sure enough, they would validate parking. Pretty sure the lady at the desk already knew that. Moved the car and waited for our presentation. We had an awesome salesman, Tyler. He assured us he wouldn't pressure us if we felt it wasn't a good fit. He was very personable, and we got a good vibe from him. That all went well. He asked if they could run our credit to see what we would qualify for. I asked him if it was a hard inquiry or a soft inquiry, and he was honest and told us it was a hard inquiry, which we allowed. He mentioned that there were 3 tiers, A, B, or C, each one divided into two. We qualified for B1, which was interesting as I paid off $27k in debt the day before. I advised him of that, and advised that we would qualify for A1/A2 had this been a week later.

His manager came back with the figures and the pricing, and then came the facts: 7K points for $30k w/~$5300 down and $250/month... financed at 17.83%. Nope. Not in this lifetime. Not at that interest rate. We're getting ready to build a house next year, and that isn't going to fly. He had mentioned before that they're a $12 billion dollar company, and I asked, given that, why couldn't they offer a better interest rate for something they're trying to sell. "Well, we aren't a bank." Exactly, so why the high interest rate? On to the next... he then said it isn't going to appear in our debt-to-income ratio on our credit report. WTF? How is that even *possible*? I asked him if we defaulted on that, would it appear on our credit reports, and he said yes. So I told him point blank that it would also appear as debt, because how could something not show a debt, but they needed to run our credit reports to acquire it, and it would show negatively if we defaulted.

He couldn't really answer that, and reverted to talking about the interest rate again, saying that we would only have to worry about that interest rate if we financed for the full 10 years, and that most of their members pay it off in 1-5 years. He said he and his wife refinanced through USAA, and, since this isn't a mortgage, that means they had to either take out a loan or put it on a credit card, which, at that point, WOULD APPEAR AS DEBT. He then brought over his credit/finance guy, who advised us that he used to do credit consultation, and that they've had members buy from Wyndham to help *build* their credit, which helped them qualify for a mortgage where they couldn't before. So, uhm, yeah, if that's the case, since this is reported on your credit report for timely payments, THIS APPEARS AS DEBT ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT. Duh!

The manager walked away and we told Tyler nope, we're not putting our dream home in jeopardy for this, and he was cool with it, living up to his word that he's not going to pressure us into doing something if we didn't feel it would be a good fit. His manager, however, came back and offered us 3 different points totals for lower dollar values. We told them we needed a moment to discuss, and they gave us our privacy. Tyler popped in for a moment to let us know that his manager would throw in a free week's vacay through RCI. We were actually discussing what we wanted to do for lunch :-) Came back, told him no again, and we signed their "Decline" paperwork and were on the elevator headed down in less than 3 minutes. We got our points information for a 3 day/2 night stay, and were on our way. After reading all these reviews, yikes... Glad we dodged that bullet!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Giving this hotel 1 star is more than generous. I went to the one on Medical Arts in Albuquerque and I have had the most exhausting, frustrating and upsetting experience, not once but twice. The man at the front desk was super disrespectful both times I stayed and the first time I stayed, he ended up giving my deposit away after I forgot my ID, to the "friend of a friend" whose name I used in order to stay there. Fast forward two weeks later: I go in fully prepared and try to check in. He looks at my ID and says they don't let anyone under the age of 21 stay there.

Keep in mind I stayed there two weeks prior to this new incident. After finding this out, I was upset because I looked up the entire business before I had even left my hometown and it didn't say anything about age requirements. I calmly came back inside and asked for documentation proving it to be a fact. He then got increasingly angry, gave me a business card, and we began yelling at each other over the matter right there in the lobby. I will NEVER EVER stay here again and I don't recommend anyone else do so either. His name is Josh and he is extremely rude to ALL visitors! Especially young ones!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We attended the presentation at “Shawnee Resort” on our 2nd day of our exchange vacation through RCI. It was a very high pressured and misleading, and I rejected it several times but they would not take no for an answer. After about 3 hours they kept pushing the issue, and so we purchased a plan. They said would be good for a 2 or 4-bedroom villa per year vacation in their newest units. After getting home and inspecting our paperwork & brochures and how many points it took we didn't even have enough points and we did not qualify for the “PIC” program. It's our legal right that we have 7 business days to cancel our offer, so with that said, we Canceled our purchase and they rejected it, so that they can stick it to me with something that we are NEVER going to use.

Now, I will need to have my legal representing in this disillusion since they have the upper hand. How many other innocent families are being destroyed by their unethical tactics. Also, they went and charged the entire amount on a Club Wyndham Credit card (on the second day after signing) that I did not authorized and or activated. I had to call the credit card people to have charges investigated for fraudulent usage. This was a total scam and needs to be investigated by our attorney general, and local news stations, so that they are exposed for the rats that they are.

They misrepresent and coercive the public into what they don't want. This is going to cost me a lot in legal fees to get out of after only nine days, not to mention they'll try and mess up peoples good credit rating for their own selfish purposes. Public be aware of the sheep in wolves clothing! Don't ever trust Club Wyndham. I will not stop until this agreement is Voided and dismissed on false pretenses!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We attended a presentation in Kona to obtain our $350 discount for a helicopter ride. The presentation wasn’t too bad, it’s pretty clear to spot their system. Everyone is super friendly, the goal is to create a “relationship” with you. Our rep was nice and didn’t try to pressure us into anything. However, it’s easy to fall into their trap, so don’t feel too bad if you do. It’s a lot like the old car dealership model, your sales rep will go confer with the finance guy to give you the pricing and incentives. Then they shuttle you to a closer, who masquerades as a quality control person. The pressure comes towards the end.

But like a car purchase, if you were to spend $23,000 on a car, wouldn’t you do some research on the vehicle before you buy it? In this sales system, we aren’t given the opportunity to do proper due diligence. So that should be your number one objection. Secondly, financially this makes no sense. If you invested $23,000 today in the capital markets and earned a conservative 5% in one year, that amount would roughly pay for a one week stay in a nice condo from VRBO at roughly $150 per night. You get to keep your $23,000 AND you don’t have to deal with managing points, dealing with a company that has major customer service issues as evidenced on this site, and the flexibility of booking vacations when and how you want to.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Their sales and marketing at Plantation Resort Villas in Surfside - For over three hours, I told the salesmen that I could not afford their Club and was completely happy with what I already have. After an hour or so, they brought in the big guy who could offer me more for less. Their whole pitch to me was that the program was free for the 1st 2 years. I even had them check my credit to show them that my credit was the lowest it had ever been and that I could not afford their Club. I was told that I qualified for their credit card, but it would be better for me if I put it on my PayPal, all while they kept telling me that it was free for 2 years and I need not worry about any cost. I now know why innocent people confess to crimes they didn't commit. After 3 hours, I would and did sign papers just so I could get out of there. I was in pain and my vision was blurred. I just wanted out!!!

When I arrived home from my timeshare, I received mail from Barclay's. I wasn't even sure what they were. It said I had been denied credit for a Wyndham card. Everything they told me that day was a lie. I checked my PayPal account that evening. And, sure enough, they had charged over $3,500 to it. How do they think I am going to pay that??? I immediately looked up the number for Mr. ** (he wrote it on one of the papers and was supposed to give it to me) and called him. He didn't answer so I sent him a text message. I have tried working with them to correct this and they refuse.

Original review: July 31, 2018

IF A 0 WAS POSSIBLE, THEY WOULD RECEIVE A ZERO! First of all, purchasing a timeshare from Wyndham has been the POOREST decision in which my husband and I could have made during our 17 years. Don't PURCHASE from Wyndham if you want to be treated with respect and consideration. I have owned with Wyndham for 6 years. The presentations are awful and it feels as if they are trying to bully you into purchasing units or something each time to "improve" your membership.

My biggest issue is that May 31, 2018, at 11 am, I scheduled a vacation for Aug. I realized the following day that the dates didn't work for my family and "canceled" the reservation. I scheduled another vacation that works for my family and was preparing for our vacation. I checked today 7/31/2018 to schedule for another vacation and realized that my points had not returned and the first vacation remained. I called customer service and it took them 10 minutes to answer my call and was put on hold for representative to speak with her supervision for another 10 minutes. To be told that IT will check into the issue to see if I "tried" to cancel the first reservation. If IT can't see that a mistake was made then I would have to forfeit my points. I'M SO DISAPPOINTED THAT WE WASTED OUR TIME AND MONEY WITH WYNDHAM! BUYER BEWARE, DON'T PURCHASE!

Original review: July 31, 2018

We agreed to a 120 minute presentation in exchange for a 3 night stay in Nashville. We were there for 9 hours! They lied to us, would not give us any details, and every time we asked them to actually show us on their website how to book a vacation and see what kind of availability there was at places we’d be interested in, they said they couldn’t because of privacy and just to trust them. They would throw out some fact that 89 percent of their members get where they want when they want, but won’t prove it. They said they had never been asked these types of questions by anyone before, so they’d have to check with someone.

The salesman would leave and come back a long time later. It was just ridiculous. If we had just taken his word for it, we would have been completely lied to and wouldn’t have known it until we had already lost money, and been stuck with fees for life! Not only our lives, but our children would be burdened with them for their lives as well. It’s literally forever.

Eventually several other people came in the room, and they were a little more honest. When they FINALLY showed us how it would work when we wanted to use the points, nothing was available on any of the dates we wanted at any of the places we wanted to go other than cheap hotel rooms we could get for less than $100 cash per night. We even looked 10 months out and there was still no availability at the amazing resorts they kept telling us about the kind they give you a tour of.

We looked in multiple cities in many different time periods. It is a total scam and I would stay as far away as possible. It wasted an entire day of our very limited time there, and we ended up having to stay an extra day and pay for another hotel to see what we came to see. Our “free” stay was far from free. Their presentation was extremely high pressure and although the salesman was always respectful to us, he lied about how well it works and how good a deal it is over and over. Their salespeople are dishonest, and their product is a scam. Stay away.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I will save you the trouble... for the lowest package $100k plus the $5k down-payment and the 120 months of payments at about $250 plus maintenance fees and administration fees. Sounds great right, for life right, pass it to your family right? Don't do it. I am a numbers guy and when the first plan came I said no. "Ok, we will work this for you." Come back with an even worse deal for about the same amount of money. Not I not a smart man but lost 40000 points in the second try and several other first plan features and they still wanted what the first plan price was going to be. Plus, when asked to see the contract to read the fine print... crickets. When asked about the additional things promised like all activities they promised would be included they skated around that one too. I guess I should have explained I work in sales and I know a good deal when I see one and this is not the case.

They tried to play with the guilt trip, tried to throw God into it, tried everything that they thought I would not catch on but I am very detail oriented and caught all the lies before they got to them. I was ready for them and I know they didn't expect that at all. Well, they finally take my no but then proceeded to send me to another person who tried to spill a bunch of information at me to try to confuse me. These guys are good and I can see why and how they get people. Please don't do it. It's not worth 2-3 hours of your life you just can't get back. Oh, and points systems are bad too... depending on size, location and other factors the cost they say is fixed then why aren't the points? It's costing you something and peace of mind knowing you don't have to buy into a 10 year pay off for something that isn't yours is not worth. Plus, what happens when they go belly up? Good luck getting any of your investment back. Just don't do it.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I went in for a 90 minute Promotion, and was there for 2 1/2 hours. I finally walked out on my own. They literally chased me down to give me my free 7 night stay at one of their resorts. Now, I feel like there's more to it. Should I redeem my certificate or not?

Original review: July 28, 2018

My husband and I attended a Wyndham timeshare presentation in Branson, MO today. It was horrible! The salesman assigned to us started out friendly, but became increasingly rude. He belittled us and accused us of lying. He would say something critical of us, then say “Just kidding!” Toward the end of the meeting, I mentioned that I am disabled and might not be able to travel in a few years. His response to that was, “Well, you had better go now before you die!” That degree of insensitivity is appalling and unacceptable! Of course, our session ran way over the specified ninety minutes. By the time we left, I was near tears and my husband had a horrible headache. We felt like we had been flogged! I don’t understand how this company gets away with these tactics.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have to admit, I was naive in signing up with Wyndham, they assured me that my ownership with Shawnee in the Delaware was nothing but a downhill money slide and they pitched me and my daughter a great sales pitch. They saw us coming, MY ADVISE TO YOU, if you want a timeshare, I will let you buy mine for a half of what Wyndham will charge you. If you feel more comfortable dealing with Wyndham get a lawyer to read all of the hidden fees. Shawnee was a happy place for me and my family for many years and while the maintenance fees kept going up, it still was a straightforward deal. Wyndham is a money pit that never stops and I don't think in the past years of being a member with Wyndham that I have actually enjoyed the two or three vacations that we went on.

I still have a deed on the Shawnee property which is great for Wyndham because I pay for both having Shawnee maintenance and for Wyndham fees. Mostly every month I have a bill besides other payments and fees. You can never get a place when you want to travel, so you need a person to be online every day to try and book when you want to travel. Don't know about you but I work full time, on a computer and really don't want to come home and sit on a computer every night too! I am so mad at myself for getting involved with Wyndham, if anyone can give me advise on how to sell to at least not lose all the money I have invested in this or a lawyer that can help I would appreciate it. Looking to retire soon and I will have to get rid of this one way or another as I cannot afford the payments.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We are staying at a Wyndham resort in Kauaii on a friend's behalf and love the place. We were offered a discounted helicopter ride in exchange for attending a 90 Minute Meeting. I was assured no more than 90 minutes. Since do what I say is one of my values, I agreed to go. 90 minutes in, the point system was so confusing I just couldn't take a 3rd explanation. When my salesperson said she would get her manager, I bailed. If they are willing to break the very first promise they gave me - 90 minutes, who knows what's next? Having now read other reviews, I feel very lucky to have dodged a bullet.

Original review: July 22, 2018

We been to a Wyndham vacation resort and the resort wasn’t bad but the scam to go with it was ridiculous. They give you a 3 day 2 night get away for a great price. But look out because hidden fees arise when you check in. They also tell you lies about the hotel they are booking you into. Call hotel on your own! They will provide you with a great description that is not what you receive. They promise you gifts for attend a sales pitch that will be between 90 minutes to 120 minutes, try 180 to 240 minutes. Then you don’t get the gifts they promise. Why? This is all a game to them and we’re the ones that lose. Don’t waste your time, money and nerves.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Lied multiple times and cost us $240 more than planned. They told us there would be a small fee. IT WAS $160!!! They didn’t tell us the meeting was off site so it cost us $80 in Uber to get to the meeting and back. They lied and said they would get one of their staff to give us a ride back. Then he didn’t. Don’t get scammed! Luckily we didn’t sign up for the timeshare and get duped that way too. The hotel (Patricia Grand at Myrtle beach) they put us up in was disgusting! The photo is of the bed we had to sleep in, I think there is blood on those chairs, the cleaning lady complained about having to clean the room next to us so we didn’t have her clean our room. Worst trip I’ve ever taken.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My wife and I recently attended a Wyndham presentation in San Antonio, Texas. It was just a different way of presenting timeshares called Wyndham Vacations. I told the salesman from the start that what he was pushing did not fit our lifestyle. He gave up and went to get his "supervisor" who tried to sell us a smaller package. I told him the same thing. In the meantime, the first salesman went to do a "SOFT" credit check. I told him I didn't want a credit check to be on my credit report. He promised it was a "SOFT" check and wouldn't show up. This was an outright lie.

When it showed up on my Equifax report I called Wyndham Corporate and tried to explain and wanted to speak to the CFO or CEO about this failure to live by their ethics statement. I was put on hold and that ended that. No one ever came back on the line. Don't waste your time listening to their lies and don't waste your hard earned money on their products. I will never stay at a Wyndham property again!!!

Original review: July 12, 2018

If you are considering attending a Wyndham timeshare presentation, run away as fast as you can and do not look back. They will quadruple the amount of time promised for the presentation and hours later, you will either limp away with the gift card after a torture chamber filled with aggressive sales tactics or you will have just signed a contract that they will fight to keep you in no matter what. Then they will try to upsale you to get you out of the contract by putting you in a contract that will make it even worse over time. The rules have changed over the years and the things that they market, you can no longer do, but you still have to pay them. Don't do it!

Original review: July 10, 2018

Their long dragged out sales presentation that wears you down, and all the false verbal promises that they have no intention on fulfilling. Even when you try to use the points you have purchased months in advance they have no places available, unless you want to upgrade your membership. Do yourself a favor and stay well clear of these con artists. Cannot believe that they haven't had a class action law suit brought before them yet.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We were approached about attending a timeshare for a free trip for our family while staying in Park City, UT. We were told it would be 90min and to bring our kids because they had activities for them while we attended. After arriving our check in host was surprised when we asked where the activities where for our kids. They said they could watch tv in the lobby and color. Our kids were stoic for about 2 hrs and started to text and ask how much longer. We advised the sales team and they kept pushing a high pressure sale for another hour. We said we had to leave to feed our kids. They stated taking packages with lower prices since we declined the 54,000$ package for 20,000 points. The fees and financing charges just weren’t adding up to be a good deal and we were done.

Then they brought a second and third salesman in that was a supervisor. We agreed we would do a package that was 16,000$ for 10,000 points plus a bonus 10,000 points for 3 years with some of the VIP options. The supervisor had to call and approve it. We finally had to leave to “go on our actual vacation with our kids right” and they called saying all was approved and wanted us to hurry back because we were holding up the sales team. Not to mention the waste of time to our family. We reluctantly went back after feeding our kids and doing some fun activities at Olympic Park. When we got there I could see that the pricing was not what we agreed. They were wanting us to pay 24,000$ out of pocket right then. When I questioned that this wasn’t what we talked about they tried to make it a misunderstanding. I was going to sign that.

They then said they would redo the paperwork to reflect the 16,000$ price but lowered the points to 6,000 with no bonus points. We finally said we were leaving and the once friendly salespeople started to be not so friendly. They had us sign a paper declining all offers as we were literally stepping into the elevator. I just wanted out of there. I can’t believe I fell for this to waste my time. I’m so glad I didn’t buy. It was high pressure sales on steroids. 100 times worse than buying a car. Avoid these scammers at all costs. Not worth the wasted vacation time and for sure not worth the lost money. Oh, and “the free week vacation” is so full of fees and extra charges that’s not even worth booking. Wow. What a waste. Totally changed my perspective on the Wyndham company. I will never stay at any of their hotels again.

Original review: July 3, 2018

When we checked in at Wyndham Patriot's Place, Williamsburg, after booking a unit through someone on Airbnb, we were overwhelmed with generous offers: reduced cost entry fees, a free breakfast, a prize... All we had to do was attend a 1.5 hour presentation. We agreed to do this. When I checked my credit card, I discovered that we had paid USD 60.00 more than was quoted. Also, we could not escape the presentation before 3.5 hours were up.

Buying timeshare in the US is, financially, not an option for a South African couple, living on a small pension, with the exchange rate (then) about twelve SA rands to the USD. And the other three people in our group are from the UK, and seldom get to the USA. Financially, it was not viable for them, either. The people responsible got us to a presentation under false pretenses, didn't follow through on their promises, and were aggressive in trying to persuade us to buy. We were seriously incapacitated, leaving for our next destination two hours late. We left Williamsburg with a very bad taste in our mouths, and won't ever repeat this kind of unpleasant experience.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I called because I needed to see if I was able to book or hold a resort in Myrtle Beach due to a hold on my account for non payment. Now I understand that they put a hold on the account because of me paying late and it's my fault but the fact that a manager isn't able to remove the hold or placing a hotel on hold is outrageous. Now before she started I told her the situation and asked her if there was anything that can be done. Now she's gives me an attitude stating "Well we don't do hotels I do resorts." Well excuse me for using the word hotel instead of resort! So I began telling her "Well I'm sorry that's what I meant to say." She continues to ask me for the dates I'm looking for. I explained yet again the situation telling her that she really doesn't need the dates. All I'm looking for is an answer to my question.

She begins to have yet another attitude and says "Well if that's what they told you then there's nothing we do." Then proceeds to ask me for the dates again (Now I'm pissed! Past irritated or being annoyed just straight pissed because of her attitude for no reason at all). So I give her the dates. She looks it up asks me the hotel which I give her because it's the only one that is available. She then proceeds to tell me she can't book it due to the account being on hold. I lost it! That was my EXACT POINT! Why ask me for the damn dates if I told you from the damn beginning.

I told her I would like to speak to a manager about it because she obviously doesn't understand what I'm saying. She puts me on hold and returns in about 5 minutes to let me know that there is nothing that they can do to remove the hold because the bank needs to confirm that my payment went through because they basically don't know if I was good for it. The level of that customer service was horrible and unprofessional I definitely didn't like the way she handled it. I'm annoyed because of her and also because Wyndham doesn't do anything to help their customers for a resort. Horrible horrible! I truly dislike every timeshare out there. Mind you I wouldn't even have bought one if it wasn't because of an man that was with me! I hate timeshares and it's a waste of money! Please don't buy one. You can save way more money by putting some money on the side!

Original review: June 29, 2018

My sister and I attended a presentation and purchased an upgrade to our RCI membership. This is what we were told. Now, I am a skeptical person so I researched information about Club Wyndham that evening. I am so glad I did. I am so glad I found this website. Many of the comments people wrote about were what we were told. I then read every document we signed thoroughly. I spent hours doing this. Club Wyndham does not count on you doing this while on vacation. They expect you may do this when your vacation is over. Then it is too late.

In the morning, I told my sister what I had found out and showed her this website. She then initiated an account with Club Wyndham. We are interested in going to Boston next year and tried to schedule a stay at the resort/hotel near Boston. No availability. So then we looked for availability in February or March. No availability. Now who wants to go to Boston at that time of year? We then tried to schedule vacations at other resorts. The screen showed that we had to call a 1-888 number to schedule. My sister said this is just as hard to schedule as it is with RCI. We were promised easier. Availability of resorts are kept a secret. It did not show up on the computer screen. Anyhow, we started counting how many lies we were told by the salesman. It was nine. I cannot remember all of them, but here is what I can remember.

We were told we could go on a cruise on Norwegian for 45,000 points and it was based on the cabin, not individuals. We could take several people for 45,000 points. No, the website said 105,000 points per person based on double occupancy. My sister who receives all the mail from RCI was told she was notified that Wyndham had purchased RCI a year or two ago and was offered the chance to upgrade our membership at that time. My sister does not remember ever receiving such an offer.

This is what a previous reviewer also wrote about. I asked my sister, "Do you remember ever getting a letter about upgrading your membership for $23,000," and she replied no. I believe she would remember such a thing. Next, they were going to give us a deal. They were going to give us the deal they offered a year or two ago and not the increased price now. It turns out this upgrade to membership was not an upgrade but an additional timeshare of one week at the resort we were currently staying. The salesman even commented to us that we did not have enough points with RCI to stay on the beach and that is why we were at this resort which was about a mile inland. And yet I bet this is the one week timeshare we bought.

I found the four digit number of the resort on our paperwork, no name for the resort. We were also told we would have priority scheduling. My sister asked several times about what priority scheduling meant but did not receive an answer. I found it in the paperwork. We have priority scheduling only at our home resort, the resort we did not know we bought a timeshare at. We also did not plan on coming back to this resort and had told the salesman that. We like going to different places. There were monthly assessment fees.

Even at the time, I got out my phone and calculated these fees to be over $1000/year. My sister figured out these are maintenance fees for the home resort. The salespeople never called these fees maintenance fees; it was assessment fees. By charging by the month, it makes the consumer think it is not so expensive. In the presentation, we were shown how many vacations we could go on with the points we purchased. However, on their website, it shows the vacations are a lot more points than shown in the presentation. And we looked at quite a few different resorts.

We decided to cancel. According to state law and our contract we had five days to do this. We sent a letter overnight to Las Vegas cancelling the contract. We returned the Kindle Fires given to us by priority mail to the building at the resort the presentation was held in. My sister's credit card was credited within the 10 days allotted for the full amount. This was an experience we will not do again. No more timeshare presentations for us. We will continue scheduling our vacations as we have been doing.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Poor experience and reason is to warn people who to fully understand what they are doing. Short story, wife got conned into timeshare presentation. Will only be two hours, wrong was 3.5. The presentation starts off with going through what you can do with the 400k points package, how many trips you can take etc, seems GREAT. Once you get to financing options they show you this sheet and 400k points per year costs 100k and 200k points costs 50k, (not including maintenance fees) so you are like wow that’s a lot of money... then 10 minutes later they have a special deal just for that day. You can get 126k points for 20k but you have to do it right then, you cannot think about it, you just have to do it.

Then you say no and there is another person who sits down and gives a run around about a sample for two years and if you don’t like it after you have used those points you can just walk away but that was going to be a 3600.00 investment to try it out. So the whole time you think you’re going to have all these days to use in actuality you would end up with about 25 percent of the time you were led to believe. Funny the other more expensive options were not presented to consider after the initial sticker shock. The whole process was very misleading, be careful.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information