1.1/5 (98 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

We firmly believe that we were targeted due to our age, and our trusting nature. We were lied to countless times regarding the timeshare process, and we kept upgrading our points because that is what the representatives told us to do. The upgrades never solved any of our problems, and my late wife would spend hours trying to figure out this timeshare. Wyndham took advantage of us many times, but we will not be silenced regarding the treatment we endured.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

We have had a horrible experience with Wyndham, and probably the worst customer service by any company we have associated with. Wyndham has consistently lied to us about various things including handicap accessible rooms, lying about the points I have currently to encourage additional purchases and placing a down payment on a credit card without permission. Due to these experiences, we are requesting our termination, but we also want to warn others regarding their practices.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

This membership is far from what I was told it would be. There aren't resorts available in the areas I'm interested in, therefore I am forced to settle and book in some other area. Another thing is, I have to plan my vacations around the availability the resort has, not the time I would actually like to vacation. The times I have stayed at a resort, they were RCI affiliated so the Wyndham membership is useless. I have thrown away way too much money into this membership and refuse to throw away another penny.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Hotel staff are dishonest. Will bill your credit card and tell you it is a pre-auth, but not true. Now, after 30 days, what will management tell me now. First they pre-authorized for $1700. When I became upset at the $1700, they pre-authorized for $57. But really the $57 was not a pre-auth and went directly into their pocket, as I did not even stay there.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Terms were not explained to me and I was not told that maintenance fees were going to rise annually. My credit rating has been affected by this timeshare, and my debts keep rising. This has caused me great financial harm. I was told since I was already a Start Island owner that by becoming a Wyndham owner it would give me VIP status which in turn was supposed to provide me with a bigger window to make reservations. They could sense my hesitation and worry so they told me that my credit score placed me as an “A” level which apparently qualified me for a “good deal” of 146K points yearly along with lots of other “incentives”.

In 2017 I attend an owner update meeting. I met with 5 people, including the senior manager. The visit lasted 5 hours which resulted in me writing a letter to corporate. They told me they would fax my letter but I never got a copy of that... I wrote the letter because I was told that there were issues with my PIC and that my VIP benefits were being removed. In 2019 I met with Christine ** and Jennifer ** in Atlantic City. They were supposed to help me with my 2017 deal, explain what a “WAM” was, assist with my unease, and reduce my payments. It resulted in a 7-hour visit over 2 days. Nothing was resolved. It only resulted in more points, a trade for the 2015 loan, and a huge down payment on a Wyndham Vacation Credit Club with higher mortgage payments. I tried calling with no response, no returned calls so I emailed for assistance and got no reply and I finally opened a claim with Wyndham, which was denied.

I have been lied to and ignored throughout this whole process. Along with the sales representative complaints, when I did use the timeshare I have found rooms poorly maintained when I have vacationed. The rooms were not ready when promised. Not enough towels were provided, and the towels did not appear to be clean. Sheets and blankets were missing from the beds, and rooms were not cleaned; dust was visible on surfaces. I also have had increasing problems finding availability even being a VIP owner. Most of the times I have called, nothing has been available when and where I wanted.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I don't know what to do at this point. I feel completely suffocated by this company. They do nothing when you bring issue to their attention. I was in communication with Juan and Julianne at Wyndham and they denied my plea to get out of my ownership. I was told by sales reps that I would have no issue whatsoever in renting out my timeshare in order to cover all fees/dues. This was a LIE! The rental options are just a scam to get more money and never actually rent it out for you. I will not pay another dime to a company unwilling to think of their owners especially in the midst of every thing in the world right now. I feel completely taken advantage of. They will not stop until they have all of my money.

I no longer have any use for my ownership and will not be traveling the same as I once wanted to. I spoke with case specialists Juan and Julianne in Wyndham's Owner Care department, and they told me that I hand insufficient evidence to be able to process a termination. EVERY SINGLE stay I have had, I have been harassed by sales reps who lied about being able to cover the rising costs of owning this thing by renting it out. Well that doesn't work and I am convinced that Wyndham is determined to keep me jailed in this membership for the rest of my life.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

We feel like time and money were stolen from us... we were lied to in order for the Wyndham sales rep to make money. We were lied to by multiple reps multiple times. We paid every month on a product for 8 years which we estimate to $40,000.00 dollars plus. We could only use Wyndham one single time during this period and had to pay other agencies to set up vacations.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

This is an absolute nightmare. My wife and I were pressured into buying a timeshare at Wyndham. We were unable to leave until we signed the contract. 3 different salesman pressured us into making the decision. Offering us deal after deal. Placing us in different rooms, each one further and further from the exit. We finally signed the contract in order to leave. After getting back home we tried cancelling it. (They had told us we had 30 days to cancel). The customer support said that we hadn’t had it long enough and they were unable to cancel it. Then COVID-19 hit.

We tried cancelling it again since the country was shut down and we were unable to use it, not that we wanted it in the first place, they again refused saying they would put an extension on our trial period. Then my wife and I lost our jobs due to COVID-19. They still refused to let us cancel our trial and are threatening us with collections agencies if we don’t pay for something we did not want and have never used. We’ve paid several hundred dollars trying to get them to cancel and they still refuse to be the least bit decent. We’ve contacted the banks they used for the timeshare, contacted Wyndham themselves, no one is willing to help us. All we want is to cancel the timeshare that we didn’t want and them to remove the rest of the balance.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

My daughter took me to Myrtle Beach after my husband passed away April 19, 2019. She was trying to get me out of my house and get things off of my mind. The condo we stayed at had a lady giving out coupons if we'd sit in for a presentation. I had no intention of buying a timeshare and kept telling the salesgirl I couldn't afford it. She wouldn't take no for an answer. She pushed and pushed me with lower and lower costs and after over 3.5 hours, we'd had enough. I agreed only because they told me it was an investment for my daughter and her family and what a nice gift to leave them. It has been anything but that. Many of the perks they raved about were not true. They NEVER can give me a room because they are apparently always booked. The one trip I had booked, THEY canceled on ME.

It's been so hard to talk to anyone at the timeshare and I've even been kicked off of my online account several times. I've brought all of this to the attention of the timeshare and was put in touch with someone named Yesim. I gave her the details of all of my issues and I still have yet to hear back from her. There is no value here...not in customer service, not in properties, not in anything. They sell you like it's the Ritz Carlton...but it's nothing but a scam. I am disappointed to have not received the assistance I feel is deserved. At this point, I've never used it and want to move forward in cancelling my contract.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Wyndham took advantage of us and lied to us completely. Wyndham never told us the fees would go up 4% yearly...this was never implied. They told us this would be a good investment because we would be able to rent our unit which never occured or explained fully. They never told us when we pass our children would still need to pay on this timeshare.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

We have gotten virtually zero return on value with our Wyndham timeshare. It is always difficult to book anything, there are always hidden fees or the fees rise with no clear reason. Looking back, they practically harassed us into buying our timeshare. We said no many times, but they would just keep getting supposedly a higher manager that could work a better deal for us. Four hours later and we got suckered in. The first year already started to show red flags. The Wyndham sales rep told us that we wouldn't see an increase in the monthly fee by more than $10 a month.

After the first year alone, our monthly payment on fees increased by about $50. Customer Service is underwhelming and a joke. Our salesman said we could call him anytime. We have made attempts to do so. Never a word. Customer Service will only have scripted answers prepared for you. Never have we had so much trouble with one company. One day of vacation and we are taken advantage of, lied to and pressured into buying this timeshare, and it has become one of the costliest mistakes we have ever made. Even one one of the other sales reps said ssais our timeshare was a terrible plan.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Wyndham Vacation Resorts selling Club Wyndham Timeshare condos use many deceptive marketing practices. The headache of dealing with multiple levels of management is not worth it, just don't buy their packages or Timeshare condos. Here is my experience even before listening to their condo selling pitch. I received a call b/c I had a Wyndham credit card. CC acct rep said, if I just listened to the vacation offer, I would get 500 Rewards points. I accepted the offer. Call transferred to a salesperson who made an offer of 4 days/3nights at a resort in a city of my choice. Price looked good. I agreed to buy for $189. Then she said if I buy another package it will be only $159, and I bought it, and I would get some 6000 points once I have used the packages and listened to the Timeshare pitch at the resort. Here's where the deception begins:

1. To claim your first 500 points you have to wait for an email with a code from their sales contractor. If you did not go into their website and use that code in a given time, you would lose those points. I was very watchful. That email never came. I called them back, now you deal with a different set of people after several phone menus, everyone claimed ignorance or not my job. I elevated my complaint to higher level, and if I recall right called the corporate office, which finally got me in touch with the right people and credited the points.

2. During the sales pitch for the 4D/3N package, they never mentioned that the accommodation will not be at the condo they would be selling, but at a hotel - which does not have to meet any category or class level, and may not be even near the condos being sold!

3. Further, the hotel where your stay gets booked has resort fees, parking, and room taxes, which are not covered in the package you bought. Ha ha, you missed the fine print in the long email contract of the 4D/3N offer they sent you!

4. Sorry, the breakfast is not included either - and it depends on the hotel they gave you. You can't make your own either b/c it's the hotel room, not a Timeshare condo they want to sell you.

5. Once you agreed to the city and resort, there are charges for changing your plans. In our case COVID was a good and legit reason so we had change plans repeatedly, so we did not have to pay the change fees.

6. I was overloaded with repeated emails hotel booking confirmation, but nowhere in the email it said where do we have to go to listen to the Timeshare condo pitch. So we called the given phone number. The rep tells us that we have to pay the hotel room tax before you go there, and wanted CC to charge the tax, and warned us not to go there before paying the room tax. So I looked at the latest email, it said "...the room tax ($0)...is not included in your payment", yet they wanted me to pay the room tax of some $32, and hotel would charge parking $12.50 per day for 4 days! Due to COVID they had removed the resort fee. Thank you.

The bottom-line: If I had known what's in store with these packages, I would not have bought them. Just not worth the headache. I will be sure to write again, after I go through their Timeshare condo pitch and see how that is. I will write more.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Wyndham is the most corrupt company I have ever dealt with. My wife and I were completely lied to about everything that was a Wyndham timeshare. So many promises were made and not one of them was true so we decided to get rid of our timeshare. We stopped our automatic payments so we could decide what steps we wanted to take next because we had no idea how to even get rid of it and we weren’t going to ask Wyndham because they had already lied to us so much we knew not to trust them. We then received a letter telling us that our Wyndham contract had been terminated and we were ecstatic. We called Wyndham to confirm this and that is when we were told that it was a mistake on their end and our contract is not being cancelled. At this time my wife was also yelled at by the Wyndham representative and hung up on.

We find every bit of that interaction completely unprofessional. Whether it was a mistake or not, once they sent that to us as owners who are indeed trying to cancel their contract, they should be held accountable. We are being held accountable for a contract we signed under false information so why shouldn’t they? When we reached out to the CEO of Wyndham Michael Brown himself about this issue he showed us no attention. We did not expect to get a direct response from him but we did expect some kind of response from someone within that terrible company. We will not stop fighting Wyndham until they are held accountable and we have our contract cancelled and money returned.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

We took a weeks vacation using a family member timeshare. We received a call every day of the vacation to try to have us come to a one consultation which ended being a three hour sales pitch. We sit with about four sale people listening to the great things they Promise us. They made it sound like what they were offering unheard of and we would be crazy not to buy it so we did. Since we have experienced nothing but inability to book, suites too small for our family, financial hardship, increasing maintenance fees we were never told about, and being harassed every single time we go on vacation with a new sales pitch. This company is full of liars and you cannot trust anything they tell you. We won’t stop fighting Wyndham until they cancel our contract.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

This year (2020) was the third and final year of our Limited Edition program with Wyndham through which we would terminate our timeshare ownership after 20 years of being VIP owners. After traveling from our home in Michigan to Florida in March, Wyndham cancelled our reservations and we had to return home. After that we heard nothing. During the summer we realized that, in our mid-70s with Covid19 continuing, we would not feel comfortable to travel and stay in a resort. We began making calls and writing letters requesting that Wyndham consider extending our 549,000 points into 2021 so that we could reschedule our vacation.

We could not get an answer until Dec. 1st, at which time we were told "NO"! We were also reminded that we could not have a "guest reservation", meaning that no one else could use our points. Considering the magnitude of this worldwide pandemic, we are extremely disappointed that Wyndham has refused to accommodate us in any way and we basically lost an entire year of the Limited Edition program. It has left us with a very negative attitude toward Wyndham. We have cancelled our Wyndham (Barclays) credit card and will never stay in a Wyndham owned facility again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

When we stayed at the Disney World property, we were asked to attend a short tour of the facilities. When the representatives started to discuss with us the benefits of Wyndham ownership, we told her that we already owned a timeshare, were extremely dissatisfied, and had no interest in purchasing another. We were told by Wyndham employees that they would refer us to a timeshare cancellation attorney to help us resolve our issues with our prior timeshare. This was our main reason for purchasing with Wyndham, however the alleged attorney that they referred us to was actually a total scam. Be careful of your interactions with this company.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

We had 3 different sales representatives telling us how great being a Wyndham timeshare owner is while putting a great deal of pressure on us. They asked a lot of questions about how we liked to vacation, how often we did, and what our dream trip would be. We explained how Tahiti has always been a dream and was on our bucket list. Our attitude towards not purchasing changed once they told us they had countless resorts even in Tahiti that we could easily access. Once we were told Tahiti was an option at a better price we decided to purchase.

Now that we were owners and could take vacations anywhere we wanted at any time we decided to try and book a vacation. We quickly learned that we could never get the weeks we wanted even if we tried to make reservations as quickly as our points were available. When we were ready to book our Tahiti trip we were very upset to learn that Wyndham does not have one resort there. This is when we realized that everything told to us during that presentation was a lie and that we had just signed a contract under false information.

When we reached out to Wyndham about this directly, they told us that there are locations in Tahiti and that we just simply could not find them and that they were not going to cancel our contract because we could not prove they lied to us. This company is terrible and does not care about anything but money. If you are thinking about purchasing anything with them, DON’T DO IT. We are doing everything we can to get our contract cancelled and our money back!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

When we first visited a Wyndham property, we were offered free tickets to an event in exchange for attending one of their sales presentations. We were kept in that meeting for more than six hours! We left thinking that what we purchased was a great investment in our future and that we could refinance this to get a better interest rate. This is not an investment! When we attempted to refinance, we were told by the bank that this was untrue as it had no real value. Please be very careful in your dealings with this company! We wish we had been more careful and had insisted on time to review all of the documents that we were rushed into signing.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

We have been lied to by representatives of this company. We have been harassed by representatives of this company. We have been ignored, brushed off, and are just met with a poor response from their customer service each time. While it comes to mind, one good example of their poor practice is when we were on vacation in San Antonio. Got to the welcome desk, they asked us to go to a sales presentation. We say no. They start calling our room the minute we settle in. We unplug the phone. Next morning, we receive a knock at the door from someone enticing us with a free breakfast if we hear his sales pitch out. Once we went to meet this guy, there wasn’t even breakfast. Just the pitch.

No matter what we have tried, we just cannot get a clear and honest discussion about our frustrations. We contacted Owner Care and they kept saying they “should have” done this or that when I listed off all of the various events. The lady acknowledged that the representatives did wrong in many of those examples. Yet when we conclude the call, she just says that there is nothing she can do. So they acknowledge that there was wrongdoing, yet there is nothing being done to promote any accountability. Each attempt to contact someone else about this was pointless too. They just kept saying since I had that first conversation with Owner Care, that was it, they weren’t going to consider anything else. Just very disappointed in how this company has responded to our circumstances.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

We originally visited a Wyndham property on a free stay in exchange for attending a presentation. This presentation went on for several hours until we finally said yes to an offer because we felt that this would help us travel more and that it was within our budget. This was nowhere near the truth! Every time we have tried to use this, we have been unsuccessful. We also learned that not only were we paying more per month than we had originally been told, but they also signed us up for a credit card without our knowledge to charge part of the cost. Be very careful about accepting any free vacations from this company!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

After 5 years of being a Wyndham owner and ZERO vacations later, we want our money back. For five years we have attempted to utilize this timeshare the way we were promised and it is impossible. Easy booking, luxurious vacations, and open availability are all promises that were made to us by Daniel ** our sales representative and are all lies. We have put way too much money into these false promises and we will not continue to do so. We have read so many reviews on countless websites and now know that we are not the only ones Wyndham has done this to. When we reached out to Wyndham directly on 3 separate occasions we were ignored every time. This terrible customer service and contract based on false information should be cancelled, it is the least they can do!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I was convinced by a representative named Thomas from Wyndham hotels to sign up for a timeshare presentation that essentially granted me and my fiancée a discounted trip as long as we attend the Timeshare presentation. Thomas expressed that we had the option to stay at any of their locations 3 stars or higher, as long as we took advantage of the deal over the phone during the conversation. We Paid the 200$ non refundable deposit (after a week), trusting that I was given all of the information needed by a reliable company. We did not book at first, to give us time to decide on the perfect resort location. Once we decided on a location, we were informed that we are only allowed to stay at a select few hotels, and would have to pay more to stay at any of the hotels me and my wife selected.

This happened to us 3 times, leading us to believe that the packaged me and my wife were sold, is not the same package we originally agreed to. I calmly asked for a refund due to false advertisement, and was denied. Unfortunately, Wyndham hotels did not provide us with the product that was advertised over the phone, me and my family will no longer use Wyndham Vacations.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We have not enjoyed being Wyndham owners. Your are constantly pushed to purchase more points and nothing is ever as they say it is. They explain their timeshares as great investments and an opportunity to vacation anywhere you would like to at a moment's notice. We were told we would always have luxurious accommodations and a relaxing experience. Instead, every time we are even capable of booking a vacation there is something wrong with our room. In Bonnet Creek it was the cabinets as well as the Presidential Reserve perks not being provided. On our last trip to Nashville we had no air conditioning and the room was around 80 degrees. It took the technician almost an hour to arrive to fix it. We had to call the front desk 3 separate times before he ever showed up and again our Presidential Reserve perks were not provided.

We pay Wyndham a great deal of money for the experience they promised us and it fall short consistently. We have realized that this is not at all what was sold to us and we will not continue to pay for it. We even reached out to Wyndham about this and they ignored us. We will not stop fighting Wyndham until our ownership is cancelled and the money they have stolen is returned. They are a lying corrupt company and you cannot trust anything they tell you!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

We have been consistent paying customers to Wyndham since May 2015. But we have NEVER truly felt like Wyndham has offered consistency or transparency to my family. We have been able to take a total of ONE TRIP with this timeshare company, through no fault of our own. There are so many better vacation alternatives that we could've used in the last (5) five years but instead we were sucked into a misleading "deal" that we've hardly been able to use because of how difficult they've made it unless you dish out more and more and more money for additional points. There is NEVER availability to stay unless you book years in advance. Well that is ridiculous! I do not know what we will be doing or where we will be in 3 years!

To add to that now my husband is dealing with a medical condition and we are limited on travel. But I doubt they would care. We are paying for nothing and are locked into this endless contract with rising fees. Folks do not get yourselves involved with conniving companies such as Wyndham! WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

We have been owners for a couple of years now and must say we do not have one positive thing to say about this company. In simple words, they are corrupt and will lie about everything they are selling to you. They will tell you everything they think you want to hear in order to get a check. When we have been able to use our timeshare we are constantly harassed while we are there to attend meetings. If you don't want to attend they will call your room constantly as well as sending employees to knock on your door. I'm not sure about you, but when we go on vacation we go to relax and the constant harassment really gets in the way.

We had to reach out to Wyndham 3 times before we were ever acknowledged. We had a representative set a call with us and inquire on all our issues. She told us that she would get back to us with a decision on cancelling our contract and we never heard back from her which we find completely unacceptable. We have been going back and forth with Wyndham since April and we will not give up. We will not pay another penny to this terrible company and won't stop until we are free of this nightmare!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I purchased 2 cabins on Princess cruise line through Wyndham RCI. The cruise line canceled the cruise, NOT ME. Wyndham then said I would not get my money back because it was a certificate. After months and months of waiting, one room was put into a certificate and the other, WYNDHAM RCI says was canceled by me??? Now I have to reschedule at a time when no one knows what the cruise lines will do next year. I now have 3 days to make a reservation with the 1 certificate. The other is gone. So WYNDHAM RCI will have stolen $7,998.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Wyndham is a corrupt company that lied to me to get my money. I was under the impression that by signing the contract I would pay a set monthly fee until my purchase price was paid in full. Never once was I informed that this was not true and that my maintenance fees would increase annually. Booking was never supposed to be an issue and I was told I could go anywhere in the world I wanted at any time.

I quickly learned that this is simply not true because the availability of any desirable location is completely booked. My timeshare has only been used on time for a weekend trip and it wasn’t even me who went. I have never used this money draining timeshare and I never will. I even reached out to Wyndham directly and spoke with Michael ** in the Owner Care Department. After one conversation with him he denied me any type of resolution to my issues. Of course, this did not sit well with me so I reached out to Mr. ** again just to be simply ignored. I am done paying a company who has no intention of admitting when it is wrong and correcting it. They used false information to get me to sign a contract with them and will not even acknowledge it or me. They have TERRIBLE customer service and I highly recommend to anyone who reads this to STAY AWAY!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

We have been members for well over 20 years and it is now time for us to part ways with Wyndham. We have had difficulty using our membership and payments continue to go up. We have recently reached out to cancel this membership and were denied because of our account being overdue. This is disparaging, being that we have put so much into this membership and company. We recall being informed in 2014 that we had 1 million points and that we could sell back contract number ** with Wyndham Vacation Resort Pathways. We just want to rid ourselves of this completely. Like I said, it’s time. The membership is very difficult to use and payments continue to increase.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I have only had terrible experiences in every one of my interactions with Wyndham and their employees. Since the beginning, I have experienced issues with trying to use my membership to book vacation stays. When I mentioned this to your representatives, they told me that I simply did not have the right type of membership and were very quick to help me correct this, with an additional cost, of course. However, this did not help anything, now I just have a larger bill and still cannot use what I was sold. I am tired of trying to use this and want to be let out of this obligation. My attempts to resolve this with your company directly have remained ignored. Do not believe them!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Wyndham lies to us about what we are purchasing. They told us we could do all these great things and take all these great vacations but all of it is a lie. No matter how many points you buy it is either never available or you never have enough. The entire Wyndham timeshare organization is a scam. When we tried to resolve this with them they only wanted to offer minimal points back. We do not want points. We do not want Wyndham.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information