1.1/5 (87 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I have been an owner for almost a decade and this was the first time I felt conned by the sales team. I usually going in understanding the process but this time after five hours and exhausting discussion, I believe that I missed a key thing regarding the payment. They indicated an increase of $200 and instead when I reviewed it was actually a $400 and not within my budget. I am disappointed because I didn’t agree to what I was locked into. I take responsibility for aspects because I should have come back since I was late for an appointment and had been there for 5 hours with no food or water offered. Just really felt that I was taken advantage of. Sadly I was open to increasing my points. Just wanted them to be honest and not lie about the numbers. Now I need to figure out how to cancel this because I can’t afford it at all. So disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Our timeshare was purchased in 2015. We have only been able to use it 2 times in the past 5 years....all the while we were still paying for it even with it going unused. One of reasons is their “points” system. Our points are always “too low” to book when and where we try to book. We are very disappointed with this purchase and would not recommend to any looking to vacation.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I was offered a 2 night/3 day stay @ Glacier Canyon Lodge, Wisconsin Dells, WI if my husband & I took a 120 minute Wyndham timeshare tour. My husband and I did it and did receive the 30,000 points toward hotel stay and Joe stayed under the time limit promise. Joe ** did an amazing job presenting the company. We didn’t purchase, but we did enjoy the tour and appreciate their honesty and that they did not use high pressure sales tactics or bullying. And we look forward to using our 30,000 points over the next four years to get free or cheaper hotel rooms!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

We stayed at their Atlantic city resort this week. After check in we were ushered to another counter to sign up for our feedback meeting. They offered us $100 to give them feedback. This turned out to be a sales presentation for their vacation club points. I was offered 400k pts a yr for over $100k plus 000s in annual maintenance. I told the agent I can buy 500k IHG points for $2500. They said but that isn't owning and only for one yr. Ok I do it for maybe 10 yrs and would cost less than what their maintenance cost is. Starting telling me all the way to get the maintenance paid with their credit card, bonus etc. From reading other reviews this is all lies.

Finally was offered a foreclosure. 126k pts annually for $19k+ [original cost $40k] plus reg fees plus $1080 per yr maintenance. We ended up talking about other things and left in 1 hr 42 minutes. After leaving I read a lot of reviews online. One of which said if interested buy thru eBay. I went there and looked and saw 126k pts for the AC resort for $10.50. Yes ten & half bucks plus the $1080 maintenance. I might have brought that if for say 10 yrs but like Scientology, the commitment is forever.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I stayed at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston (07/10/20-07/11/20) en route to visit family. It was "the worst" hotel experience in my entire life! The floor was filthy, feet blackened walking from bed to bathroom; towels dirty and grey; pillows unwashed & found pubic hairs in the sheets. In sum, it was the worst hotel experience of my life. I will "never" ever recommend a Wyndham hotel to anyone ever again, gross. I literally slept in my clothes because I was so grossed out about it. ** After spending a sleepless night in the hotel room at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in North Charleston, South Carolina, I summarily went to the front desk in the morning and wrote up my complaint. "No Managers" were available at the time!? Why "NOT"? Why were NO managers available???

In my entire, life I have never stayed in a more disgusting hotel room such as this one. It was filthy and gross. On my trip to visit family, I also stayed at a Radisson and a Best Western and they were wonderful and clean and welcoming. This hotel was the exact opposite. There were people smoking marijuana in the parking lot. It was more of a poor apartment complex than a hotel. Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is "NOT" fit for the public. If Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham was bulldozed, burned down, and rebuilt it may be an improvement--maybe?!?

Furthermore, I should also note, there was no water in the pool and there were frogs living in the pool and croaking happily. Well, at least the frogs were happy?! What hotel has frogs living in their pool?!? There was no complimentary breakfast whatsoever. (And while I understand, COVID-19 virus is happening, there is no excuse for this. Other hotels I stayed at on my trip, a Best Western and Radisson, had take away breakfast!) In sum, it was the worst hotel of my life! Really, it was. I have to think hard when it was I stayed in a worse hotel. I should be given a full refund with explanation in regard to how dirty this hotel, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, truly was and why it allowed guests to stay in a room so dirty?!?

No guest should have the experience I had at this hotel, ever. Honestly, I stayed at your hotel because of the "name of Wyndham" because "Wyndham Hotels" was supposed to mean something. I had stayed at Wyndham hotels in the past and they were excellent such as the Wyndham Resort in Orlando, Florida. Now, however, because of my experience with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, the Wyndham name means "garbage" and "trash" to me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We have tried and tried to receive help from your company and received no useful help. We have sent multiple letters expressing our concerns on how we feel like we have been absolutely taken advantage of but no one seems to want to help us. During the sales presentation, we were told this is such a wonderful investment and how wonderful being a part of Wyndham is but this has been one of the WORST experiences of our lives and we feel like Wyndham has trapped us and will not let us go. We have been trying to get out of this for TWO YEARS. Wyndham has put a huge weight on our shoulders and we are only asking to be let out of this nightmare.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

After quite a long time as owners with Wyndham, we have come to regret ever making the decision to even look into timeshares. We’ve been through so many pushy, disingenuous salespeople with Wyndham that we are under the impression that Wyndham either purposefully hires people with those attitudes or trains people to have those attitudes. Either way, we were routinely advertised to falsely and had been given false understanding of Wyndham's obligations to us and our obligations to them as a timeshare company. The initial purchase of timeshare was made in late summer or early fall of 1988 at Sapphire Valley. It was for a week of use in the fall season and for a specific type of unit at Sapphire Valley.

The presentation probably took 3 to 4 hours and I decided to go ahead and make the purchase that day. I had heard about this through some mailing that I received and I thought that it was what I wanted based on how the information was relayed to me where I could have a scheduled time each year to get away. My wife and I talked over the next several days about how we needed to reach out and get this albatross off of our necks. Timeshare has been nothing but a nuisance to us and has robbed us of so much money that could have been spent on very good vacations. Knowing that timeshare doesn’t sell on the third party market for very much and that it take years is such a slap in the face to the enormity of money we have spent on these contracts. It hasn’t been worth that much to us and it isn’t worth that much to anyone else either.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I absolutely would not recommend buying a Wyndham timeshare… Exaggerations, misleading sales representatives, and an emptying bank account. To briefly summarize: We were constantly pushed by the salespeople to upgrade. The few times that we actually did use our timeshare we were pressured into attending meetings. Meetings that were pressuring us into upgrading our contracts/membership. We are supposed to be on vacation and having a good time and it is annoying to have to attend meetings where they just pressure you into more, more, more. All they care about is money. They don’t care about their customers. We were promised that we could use our points for certain things if we upgraded. Nope, not true. I could go on but I will just leave it at this for now.

Original review: July 22, 2020

The 90-minute meeting turned into 4 ½ hours. As we got our lunch, which by the way, was awful--dry chicken, cold green beans, and macaroni and cheese--we were directed to a room, then to a particular table, and were joined by a sales representative, Billy Rogers. Billy did everything he could to ingratiate himself to us as we ate and were “treated” to a presentation by another member of the Wyndham staff, who extolled the glories of vacation ownership at Wyndham. During our table talk, I referred to the Wyndham timeshares, and Billy corrected me, saying (repeatedly during the afternoon) that it was a vacation ownership, not a timeshare.

After the lunch, I was ready to leave. Billy walked out with us, and directed us to his cubicle. I stated clearly that we had no interest, and did not want to waste his time. He kept talking, asking us about our children and grandchildren, what places around the world we would like go on vacation, which vacations we would like to share with our family. As he persisted, I finally mentioned Hawaii (which I considered outlandish) and he said that he could make that happen. I heard that as bluster.

In retrospect, I think my wife and I were drawn in by Billy’s impoverished background and unpolished style. He spoke at length during lunch about growing up on an Indian reservation, and the two of us--a pastor and a therapist--felt it would be unkind to walk out on him. I don’t feel so kindly toward Billy now. Several times over the next few hours, he would ask us where we’d like to go, and then he would respond with some outlandish promise, while standing up halfway and peering over the top of his cubicle as if someone might be listening, and this was a secret between the three of us. Even at the time, it was ridiculous, even cartoonish.

I said repeatedly that we were not going to do this, and Billy said that he wanted to take us across the street to show us a property. It was a beachfront, top floor property with a scenic view of the ocean. The message: this is what we could look forward to with a Wyndham membership. We went back to his office, and Billy showed us different types of ownerships. As I recall, one cost $45,000, and another cost $100,000. I told him that the suite he had showed us was nice, but this was not something we could do. Then Billy asked us if there was one vacation that, more than any other, we really wanted to take.

I had mentioned to Billy that I would be retiring in the fall, and that we were downsizing, selling our home, and would be buying a condo. Now I added that our 50th anniversary was in August, and we were anticipating a long-dreamed of trip to Alaska. His eyes lit up, and he leaped out of his chair and left, bringing back with him someone who was obviously his superior. Connor was smooth and polished, an exact opposite of Billy. Connor told us that Wyndham had an arrangement with Norwegian Cruise Lines, and that Alaska was one of their destinations. He wanted to know if we would consider joining Wyndham if he could make the Alaskan cruise possible.

I responded that, as I had told Billy, we were in a transitional stage of our lives, we would be purchasing a new home, and could not do anything that might impact our credit report. I said that we had worked hard to raise our credit score. Connor asked, “Do you know what it is?” I had recently checked our score, so I knew exactly what it was. I hesitated because I was unsure whether I wanted to share such personal information. Finally, once I told him what it was, Billy sputtered and the two of them said almost in unison that there would be no problem.

I repeated that we could not afford the memberships Billy had shown us, and Connor left to see what he could offer us. The counter offer was a membership for $17,000. Again, I said that we could not do that, then Connor came back once again, saying that the $17,000 membership would buy us 105,000 points, 145,000 bonus points, and that this would bring us within 600 points of a Norwegian cruise to Alaska. He said we could rent the 600 points.

I knew that an Alaskan cruise for the two of us would cost in the neighborhood of $10,000, and for the first time (after at least three hours) I thought this might not be such a bad idea. They had been badgering us with promises of all the great perks that were available only if we bought the membership that day, especially emphasizing what a great deal “Last Call” would be. I asked Connor if we left, talked it over and came back the next day, would Last Call and other perks be part of the deal, and he emphatically said NO. He also told me that with Last Call, we could do as much with our membership as our friend with over a million points could do with his.

That was a lie, but the lie that angers me the most, and has caused considerable angst for my wife and me, was the lie that we “almost” had enough points to take the cruise to Alaska, a trip we had looked forward to and saved toward for years. Our down payment to Wyndham of $3,595 is the money we had saved for our 50th anniversary celebration. My anger is deepened by the fact that I told Connor about our anniversary, and that we would have to use those funds if we purchased the membership.

Our next stop was a Wyndham resort in Pompano Beach. I called the number on the Wyndham website for cruises, and when I made inquiry about arrangements for a cruise to Alaska, the representative told me that Alaska cruises required over 700,000 points, and that we might have almost enough for a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas.

Soon after we left Myrtle Beach, I was having some unsettling feelings, but it was during the call at Pompano Beach that I fully realized we had been conned. I felt like a fool, but more than anything, I was--and am--sickened by the loss of our anniversary cruise, and the financial impact of a virtually worthless Wyndham membership at a time when we are moving into retirement.

At the age of 71, after buying numerous cars and five homes over five decades, I know what it’s like to be on the receiving end of salesmanship. But my wife and I have never experienced such an environment of high pressure, almost hypnotizing tactics, and blatant lies that we were subjected to by Billy and Connor, and others on the fringe.

Original review: July 22, 2020

It was mass chaos from the beginning. We were offered free gifts to attend a meeting where a bus shuttled us to a different location. We didn't think the trade-off of the free gifts for 90 minutes of our time was a bad deal. However, upon entering the meeting room is where all the confusion began. There were a lot of people there. Some of the sales associates were unsure of what they were doing. We were passed onto different sales associates 5 times! After spending over 5 hours of our day of vacation in a tireless meeting where we were all but held against our will (we had no way to leave except for the shuttle bus), our brains were in overload. We were frustrated, exhausted, disappointed in having lost a day of vacation.

In the end, we were brought into a small room when Dawn began to "read" through the contract. She highlighted a few points the sales associates had gone over as she quickly scrolled through the contract. She threw so much information at us so fast we couldn't keep up. I remember asking on our way out, "What do we do if we decided against this purchase?" They told us there would be no problem that we had 5 days after we got home from vacation to look over everything. They also said, that even if we decided further down the road that we didn't want it, that Wyndham would want first dibs in purchasing it back because their timeshares were in such high demand.

After we got home, we called to cancel and were told we were 5 days too late! We were shocked! How could that be? That is not what we were told! And then to top it off, they told us there was no such buyback program! Due to our lack of trust in Wyndham, because of their untrustworthy practices and wishy-washy responses to us, we have no desire to utilize their resorts.

Original review: July 20, 2020

We were on vacation in Sevierville, Tennessee when we were approached by one of Wyndham's sales employees pressuring us to come to a meeting in exchange for an incentive. We attended the presentation and they made it sound like we would be in the best resorts and be able to travel worldwide whenever we wanted. They also made it sound like it was so affordable but we soon found out that it was all one big lie and what they showed us is not what we purchased. They also failed to tell us about the increasing fees and that this would be passed along to our children upon our deaths. This has been nothing but a strain on our family and we are not receiving what we were promised. Because of Wyndham, it almost cost us our marriage. We are requesting to walk away from this and a refund of the money we have paid. We have been lied to and cannot bear this weight on our shoulders any longer.

Original review: July 19, 2020

There are so many reasons this has not been a pleasant experience for us as promised. We originally purchase in April of 2017 and upgraded in December of 2017. At the upgrade, were hoping it would be a better experience than the first time because we knew we were taken advantage of and the salesman at the upgrade, said we did as well so they were going to fix everything and show us we could trust Wyndham to do it right the second time around. The salespeople (many of them) and their managers convinced us this time we would get what we deserved and the benefits would be real. They also said we would have one certain person (Bernadina) we could call for personal assistance anytime we needed help. I think they meant to say we could call, but could never reach her or get called back by her.

This is the most untrustworthy company we have ever dealt with. We were told we would have easy booking privileges, being owners. When we first purchased, we were told we could start using our points right away, well after 48 hours because they had to get us in the system. We were leaving the next day to go visit family in Utah and then Arizona, and they said by the time we got there we could use them. Well, we got there and we were told we had to wait 6 months (Nov. 1st). We soon found out it’s all about needing more points, them trying to push more points, and never having enough points!

The meetings were crazy, like a shark frenzy. So much going on all around us it was hard to focus on any one thing, and there were too many people talking to us at one time. We think because we were asked to give Wyndham another chance to prove they were worthy of our investment, we caved in. Do not trust Wyndham. We were told our costs would increase so slightly, we might not notice. Well, they doubled! The freebies and the Kindles were not worth what you took from us! We were manipulated and lied to! We think you know all the tactics because we heard it all around us, we weren’t the only people these things were being said to. The only thing we are looking for out of this now is to get canceled and get our money back. Every time we call to speak to someone they say our account is in the process of cancelling but it never does! This has been going on for YEARS! We are tired of the lies!

___

Original review: July 18, 2020

The Hotels are always clean in or out of the room...The staff is second to none..Never had any problems during the past 5 years...The food is great and the locations are very good in the states and cities we have traveled.

Original review: July 18, 2020

This company is quite possibly the worst, ethically deprived, company I think I've ever dealt with. I was in Vegas with my BF who happens to be a man. They asked if we wanted to do a presentation while we were inside our hotel (Luxor) and we said, "Why not." We had to use a credit card to secure our spot and if we didn't show, we'd lose the $35.

We showed up the next morning, breakfast was hard pancakes, potatoes, and fake eggs. We watched a presentation that went on for more than 2 hours (they promised us this would only be 1.5 hrs), and then they had everyone meet with a rep. I told Tarek I was married so he said I had to lie and pretend I wasn't in order for this to work. First red flag but he was so sweet and young, I didn't think he was a scammer. Then I said it didn't seem like this would work financially, I have three kids so it's a lot of money per month.

We travel about four times a yr, so he kept saying they had places in all the cities I go to, so I was very excited. He ran my credit, said I was approved for 40K points at $300 a month. My service wasn't working, so I couldn't google the company or text my husband or do anything. I made an excuse to use the bathroom and he followed me and said I could leave my phone w/ my friend.

I tried to back out of the deal, then comes the mean cop, dustin Durbin who berates us and tells us how stupid we are if we don't decide right now. I said, "Let me consult w/ my father (since I couldn't mention my husband)" and he said if I walked out the door, the offer was over and I could legally never attend another timeshare meeting or offer. I said, "No thanks," and then nice manager cop shows up. He butters me and convinces my friend that this is a good idea. We can use it, share it, rent it out to people and make money off of it. it all seemed fantastic. I sign, I'm happy, then I go to the mall where I have service and my phone and read all the horrible reviews. 40K points won't take me across the street so my $300 monthly is for nothing and the maintenance fees would just go up and up

I immediately try to find a way out of the contract. The sales contract guy said I had 6 months to change my mind, thankfully I the internet is unmatched. You have 10-14 days, depending on which location you signed. They're betting on the fact that you're on vacation and won't review the contract until you go home, and by then, it's too late

I sent them a rescission letter and canceled the contract immediately, in Vegas, during my vacation. The sticky thing is, they don't say whether it's 10-14 business days or just days. I followed the info I found online to a T, and got it cancelled. Two months later, my friend, who gave them zero info except his name, got a hard pull on his credit and a credit card in his name. We cut them up, called the company and complained, and threatened a lawsuit. Don't sign a contract with them. If you do, you have 10 days, at best, to change your mind. The info is usually buried in the contract, opt for a written on, not one on a stupid cheap Kindle. You've been warned.

Original review: July 17, 2020

As we were in Vegas with my husband. We got an offer to get free tickets for a roller ride and 100 voucher. They said it’ll be 90 mins long. So we thought why not?

As we went there, we came late so a lady did a one on one presentation for us. Honestly as soon I saw the numbers, I said that's out of our budget. We are not planning to buy anything as we already have enough bills to pay. So then they offered additional 12k credits on top plus a 350$ vacation package to Mexico. Honestly I felt like we should sign anything. But they were so pushy telling us this is the best deal. That we ended up signing up for it. It’s been less than a week. I really want to cancel this ownership with Wyndham. Does anyone had experience with cancelling?

Original review: July 15, 2020

We have not been allowed to take vacations where and when we chose as explained to us in the sales meeting. The lack of availability is a big issue and contradicts the promises your salespeople made to us. We have used this timeshare only once, for 2 nights in February 2019. On that vacation, representatives hounded us to attend an update meeting. They even slipped brochures under our door. It became clear that Wyndham just wanted more and more money from us, and never intended to let us just enjoy ourselves on vacation. It felt as though we were playing hide-and-seek to just avoid the Wyndham salespeople.

We thought we were going on vacation to relax, but Wyndham tried to get us to upgrade from the moment we arrived. We also have not been able to reach anyone for our questions and concerns. We have left many messages but no one ever responds! Another problem we have encountered is all the hidden fees we were not told about, which came up when we checked into the hotel. We also were not told that upon check-in, we would be required to pay more money in deposits! They even withheld our room key until we agreed to attend another sales meeting! We did not pay all this money to vacation to be on some business trip!

The idea of being able to take affordable vacations with our family for next to nothing and to have our travel provided was very appealing. But then came the real world. It was extremely difficult to find any availability. We finally settled on a place that was not our first choice, not our second choice, but just a place we found available. Only to be told our package was just a start-up package and didn’t cover any travel!

I have served three years in the U.S. Army. This so-called “great financial decision” for our family has been nothing but a financial disaster in every respect. When we called to sell back our ownership as instructed, we were told our account didn’t qualify for the ovations program! Because of all the misrepresentations and deceptions on the part of the Wyndham staff, we no longer feel bound by the agreement. Wyndham has not honored its end of the bargain.

Original review: July 15, 2020

We purchased our timeshare in Branson, MO in August of 2018 for just under $20,000.00 and we have never been able to successfully book one vacation! We have to take small vacations and use hotels with all out of pocket cost. We find it amazing that we can book where and when we want with regular hotels but not with the one we are “owners” with! The representatives told us that the timeshare would be easy to use and that we would be able to use it whenever we wanted. We were told that the timeshare could be handed down to our children at no cost to them. They could use it anytime they wanted as long as they had our number.

The presentation lasted over 3 hours instead of the 1 ½ hours we were told about. The representatives were a little pushy so we told them we needed to think about it, but we were made to feel as though we had to make the purchase right then to secure the offer. They told us they had several other couples interested in our deal and it would not be available later. We have tried several times to book a room at different locations. We waited and tried again at different times and different locations. The site always said there was nothing available, no matter what date we asked for. We never got to use a single day of the timeshare because we absolutely cannot find any availability anywhere.

Original review: July 15, 2020

We have invested more than $25,000 in this timeshare "investment" but have not been able to enjoy them in the ways we were promised during the presentations. Wyndham's staff kept pressuring us to sign up not caring if it would put us in a predicament for financial hardship or not. They never asked us questions about how this would affect our lives. They only pushed the contracts in front of us and told us promises Wyndham can never fully fill. We wrote a letter to Wyndham and they will not respond. Dealing with Wyndham has been one of the worst experiences in our lives. James has leukemia and being owners with Wyndham is just making things worse for us.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Wyndham will never stop selling points and promising a brighter horizon. I have been trapped in a presentation for nearly 7 hours on my last stay Glacier Canyon (Wi Dells) and they still can't explain the product correctly. They also promise a vacation any time, but in reality you have to book 10 to 13 months in advance. In today's world, Who can look that far in the future? Wyndham is a horrible company and no one should ever sign up with them.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Wyndham controls when we travel, and how far in advance we have to book the rooms. There is always a salesman harassing us to buy more point, and it ruins the vacation. When we purchased the contract we had four people talking non-stop, and we just wanted to leave. All the things that they said we would enjoy has been a lie, and this company is not worth doing business with.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Wyndham completely scammed me. I was completely taken advantage of and lied to by Wyndham's sales employees. I have contacted Wyndham multiple times in regards to this matter. I am tired of being trapped in this scam while no one is helping me. In 2015, The sales presentation took almost all day instead of just an hour. I was worn down and unable to mentally focus. It took 2 whole days of my vacation time to get the timeshare purchase finalized. The first day was long and exhausting. I informed them on the first day we met that I was on disability for mental and emotional problems.

Terry and Shawn worked together to put my deal together. I was told Wyndham did not usually take other timeshares in on trades but had a new test program. I was giving up my Tree Tops Resort because I was told Wyndham was structured in such a way that single night stays were easily possible. They took advantage of my disability.

On top of it all, the salesman was incompetent. I returned the second morning because after reading over everything I discovered I would never be able to get an RCI reservation with the way he set things up. After finally making Shawn call RCI, I was proved right. The contract was rescinded, and they put together a new contract with a PIC. I was excited believing this would allow me to use my timeshare as one-night stays on a cross-country motorcycle trip. This was my stated goal and remained the same thru ALL my Wyndham presentations.

Shawn showed me screens full of available accommodations all over the USA on his laptop. I wanted to use the timeshare for cross country motorcycle trips, staying one night at a time. I was told Wyndham was more versatile than the Tree Tops Timeshare and could be used on a nightly basis. The salesman, Shawn logged onto his Wyndham account and showed me the numerous availabilities shown across the country. He said, “I’m not supposed to show you this.” However, when trying to book my trip it was hard to find any availability and when it did show, there was a two-night minimum! I was NOT able to use my Wyndham timeshare for my cross-country trip that year and had to pay out-of-pocket to stay at hotels!

I was told at the next upgrade meeting that mistakes were made with my original purchase. I was told that PIC was not included correctly, that I had been an “honorary” VIP with my bonus points. I did as instructed and called Wyndham to get the VIP recognized on the computer correctly. It has still not been corrected to this day! I upgraded twice being told I needed Silver and VIP status to access availability. I was told there were previous errors not including my PIC. I am paying maintenance fees on 70k points, but they do not show up on the website along with my allotted points.

The 2017 purchase at Daytona Beach Wyndham was because I was instructed I needed more points to pull available inventory as I complained I had not been able to reserve one-night stays on my trips. I was told that Wyndham had bought RCI and there would be no more RCI fees! The January 2018 purchase at Smoky Mountain Wyndham was because I was told that Daytona’s sale had calculated points mistakes and I only needed a few more points to be at Silver Level and reach VIP status which would make more available inventory show up on my inquiries. I AGAIN was not able to pull inventory for single night stays for a cross country trip. I was told most resorts required a 2-night minimum West of the Mississippi when I called to complain.

I also saw this when trying to make reservations with RCI with my points. Using my points thru RCI revealed that there were still RCI fees for exchanges! I WAS ALSO CHARGED A $40 RESERVATION FEE. All of these extra fees were never mentioned in the sales meetings. I have tried each year to use my points and not lose them, especially after learning I could only put them all in RCI during a certain period before the New year began. Using them was not easy!

I visited the Wyndham Smoky Mountains and attended an owner update in December 2018. I told the sales reps. that I was not buying any more points and that I had not been able to use the membership as I had stated many times for single night reservations. I told them I was not spending any more money with Wyndham after being strung along and lied to. They said all they could do for me was to “refinance my mortgage” as they had a new and better rate now. I was told to fill out the paperwork so they could see how good of a rate they could get me. I was mistrustful now, as I had been lied to so many times.

I asked several times that this was not another “points” purchase. They even tried to pry the paperwork from my hands! They said they could dispose of it there for me in the bins for shredding. I was not giving it to them. Finally, when alone, the first guy sheepishly admitted that yes it did involve more points. When the other guy returned, he again tried to get me to give him the paperwork to “refinance” my balance. I have tried many more times to put a cross country trip on the bike together. Unsuccessful and frustrated.

I looked into an RCI exchange to Cabo to be told the 1 in 4 rules applied to me even though I was an owner in CABO. I was told the Wyndham RCI account was “different.” The exchange is 50K points more than with my non-Wyndham RCI account for the exact same accommodations! My life savings have been depleted from paying down the huge down payment put on PayPal. The stress has taken a toll on my chronic depression leading to more medicines and more health treatments. I have sold off possessions such as furniture, appliances, sports equipment, etc. and had to move to affordable housing so I could make payments to Wyndham for a product that is of no use to me.

Looking back over my notes when I had finally achieved Silver status, I was told that if I ever wanted to use my points for a longer vacation when I was not taking a cross-country motorcycle trip, my package would cover me staying for a week and would cover airplane tickets and/or car rentals. Of course, these were also lies. Finally, I was told anytime I wanted out all I had to do was call Ovations only to be told my account didn’t qualify. How can I be held responsible for Wyndham’s reps knowingly, willfully, and purposely lying to me?

Original review: July 9, 2020

The stress we were put under while on vacation to attend more sales meetings is ridiculous. We purchased something based on the fact that we were going to be able to enjoy leisurely vacations at a good price, while also making a good investment for our futures. The harassing phone calls and intimidation techniques that are used to trick people into attending these meetings to buy more points is unethical and morally wrong. My husband has been called more than 4 times within one hour during a workday to be offered a “once in a lifetime opportunity.” Instead of enjoying a relaxing vacation, it felt like we were being strong-armed by the mafia!

We have had salespeople beat on our door at the crack of dawn, sliding brochures under our door, mandatory meetings taking away a full day of our vacation. We were even threatened that if we refused to attend an update meeting that they “would put a black mark on our account.” We were promised by each salesperson that they would be our direct communication with Wyndham, however, each and every time that was a bald-faced lie. Our phone calls and text messages were never returned. Each apologizing for the former representative, but they would take care of us as promised, just more empty promises.

The check-in process each time is incredibly stressful, the pressure of being required to attend an “owner update” meeting is awful! We have even had our parking passes withheld until we agreed to attend a meeting. The amount of money spent on this timeshare has more than tripled compared (with no benefits) to when we were traveling on our own. At least when we were traveling on our own we could go when and where we wanted as opposed to non-existence traveling with Wyndham! We do not have access to locations we want to visit when we want to visit them, therefore we cannot take trips but are still required to make payments!

We were manipulated each time into "upgrading" so we would be ensured to always have the best access to booking without issues. However, after upgrading 4 times, we do not have any more priority booking than we originally had. We were told by us reaching the “Platinum” status all of our traveling needs would be completely covered along with our rooms. We were never able to get our airline tickets nor car rentals covered.

The condition of the properties we stayed at would always be sub-par and certainly not luxurious! There were problems with tons of dead bees in the pool and on the deck. The rooms were dirty. There was mold in the master bedroom shower, had to report it 3 times before someone came to clean it. The TV didn't work, etc. Our experience with Wyndham has been very disappointing, to say the least. We hope that no company, especially one as large and well known as this one, would allow their paying owners to be mistreated and lied to this way without any option of severance.

Original review: July 6, 2020

We were sold on how much easier and cheaper it would be able to vacation with a Wyndham timeshare as opposed to booking a hotel room and vacationing on our own. We were sold on how much money we would save. However, we have only run into roadblock after roadblock.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Nobody explained to us about the perpetuity clause that is in our contract, and that is a giant thing to leave out. The pressure we experienced at the sales presentations was tremendous, and at times ruined our trips. The rooms we stayed in always had issues with the appliances like the dishwasher not working. To be completely honest with you, I can't tell you a single good thing about being an owner. Wyndham is a horrible company, and I will fight for a cancellation.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I was sold on the idea that this was an investment, and it would be building equity. I have asked to see the equity and they refuse to show me, in fact they usually stop responding all together. Wyndham as a company is entirely unprofessional and commits fraud on every occasion. I have been called so many times, or talked to someone in person about upgrading. Every time I speak with them, they state that the last salesman messed up my account. That is just an example of how they manipulate people into purchasing a timeshare, or upgrading.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I made my reservation in 11/2019 for 7/13/202 for Daytona Beach and I received a phone call on June 26th that my reservation had been cancelled. Sorry, they overbooked. Want to reschedule? Not a chance.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Wyndham did not allow us to read the contract and lied to us. Our salesperson applied extreme pressure and did not allow us to read the contract. They claimed it was uploaded to the "free" Kindle we received and could review within 5 days of date we signed contract but when I tried to retrieve the contract on Kindle it was not there and therefore too late to cancel within the allowable timeframe of cancellation. I feel like this was done on purpose and want my contract cancelled.

The Wyndham owner services team rewatched the video and although they said they stated we could leave, they were pressuring us to sign before we left as my husband became extremely ill while we were there. The team agreed that he was ill and even vomited while we were there but never let up on the pressure to sign the contract. I feel that when I explained this, I was told we could have left but with the stress and concern for my husband and the stress and pressure I was feeling from the "team" I felt like I had no other choice but to sign the contract to get out of there.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Checked in to Wyndham's Atlantic City (Wyndham Skyline Tower) property and was scheduled a tour for which we were to receive a $50, and our parking fees reimbursed. It turned out to be a sales presentation to buy more points to our membership and not a tour. We were told that we were offered an upgrade to our Wyndham Rewards credit card (we were already a Platinum cardholders), instead my wife and I got the lower no fee credit card with a lower reward rate. That's not the only lie, they pulled a hard credit report to open a line of credit which we didn't need because we were not going to purchase any additional points. So overall that one sit down (tour) we both got two hard credit checks against our credit reports.

Original review: June 26, 2020

They promise you the world and then the bottom falls out and it never happens. They also blatantly lie to your face to make a sale. We were told, "It's a great investment for your kids you can pass it down to them!" This is a complete lie, they don't have a choice! It's not an investment for them, it's a debt burial! This would have been nice to know before signing since they wouldn't let us take the contract with us to review it, or actually look at the contract before signing.

The pressure they forced us to sit through is almost unbearable. They make you so mentally exhausted that you don't even want to think for your self anymore. They come at you with all these fantasy stories about places you can stay and how happy it will be to vacation with them when in turn you can never actually go where you WANT to go, it's either not available or you don't have enough points. If you do get lucky enough to book ANYTHING, then the meeting they force you to go through is unbearable as well. They will tell you "it's optional!" If that's the case then we wouldn't feel like we HAVE to go and waste our vacation. This is nothing we signed up for, and what we signed is NOT what we got.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Wyndham has lied about everything, including where they have resorts. I believe this was just a fraudulent attempt to rip us off. The salesman did not explain the contract fully, and gave us no time to read the documents. She stated that we could vacation multiple weeks a year, but in reality our vacation points equate to seven days. I am furious with Wyndham and want my contracts cancelled immediately!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information