2. Travel

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5
Shop Now

Welk Resorts is a dynamic, growing, and respected leader in the vacation ownership industry. Independently owned and operated, Welk Resorts has built a foundation of innovation and hospitality.

With six luxury resorts across five sought-after vacation destinations in the U.S. and Mexico, all properties have earned top exchange marks from Interval International and RCI. Each Welk property is carefully designed with the needs of our Owners and guests in mind to provide unique, first-class accommodations and experiences.

View More View More
Welk Resort Group Call Now Toll Free (877) 633-9406 Learn More Shop Now
Call Now Toll Free

Welk Resort Group Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I’m a timeshare owner and when I used Welk Resort, I used my timeshare time. It was very nice and very clean. Plus, their staff was nice and I enjoyed my experience with them. But timeshare owners should pick residence over Expedia when they do their reservations because I couldn’t use my three days as they said there was no room, yet I could still go on Expedia and rent three days. Other than that, it was nice that if we could do barbecues at Welk Resort and the pool temperature was fine.

Welk Resort Group response

Thank you for the review, Matthew! We appreciate the feedback on your recent stay, as it truly helps us grow and improve as a company. We would like to ensure you that we will escalate this to our management team to be addressed internally, and we hope to have the chance to host you again in the future for a flawless visit.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We own timeshares and we trade them. We were introduced to Welk over 20 some years ago from a friend of ours that had a timeshare there. It is a great property. So far, everybody that we know goes there and we all feel the same about it. We like their customer service a lot, but they could improve on how to better answer the telephone because it’s hard to get through them sometimes. They also need a better restaurant there. They have a very small one, and that’s the only place you can go to eat, other than Pizza Hut. They don’t give us a good opportunity in that respect. I also don’t like the fact that I can’t go there every year. With the RCI, they say I have to wait three years to go. And then a lot of times, I have to go through a private party to get a week there.

Welk Resort Group response

Hello. We appreciate the feedback, as it truly helps us grow and improve as a company. We would like to ensure you that we will escalate this to our management team to be addressed internally, and we hope to have the chance to host you again in the future for a flawless visit.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I truly enjoyed my experience at the Welk Resort, the staff was nice and there were lots of things to do! We stayed for two nights and were able to do an escape room and the chocolate factory. The only two things I would change is: The walls in the condo were EXTREMELY thin, we could hear the people in the next room incredibly clear. We were in the green section, which I was told will be renovated next, so if that could be remedied, the condos would be perfect. Lastly, I would also say give people a chance to buy the Trail for 60-90 days. I know that once my situation changed, I would have LOVED to buy a trail because I would be interested in coming back and I was not given the opportunity to purchase after that moment.

Welk Resort Group response

We appreciate your kind review and we hope to see you again soon!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

We stayed in a Welk Resort that we found on hotels.com. When we checked in, they told us about different free vouchers for this or that if we would go do something. We were there in such a short time and didn’t have time to entertain any ideas of anything extra so we turned them down but they were all friendly. The property was pretty nice for the price. We had a really good rate for the rooms. It was an older hotel that we stayed in and a little more update would be good but we really enjoyed it. It was in Branson, Missouri and the location was really great. It was relaxed. They were efficient there, too. It was kind of a little bit out of the way, on the edge of the town, but still close. Some of those hotels are right on the strip and I don't know how those people get in and out of the parking lot.

Thanks, Carolyn!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My experience with Welk has been very good. I have always stayed there every time I go and I’m going to stay there again in November. I always go see Daniel O’Donnell and he's in the theater right there that I can just walk from my room to the show. They have the best breakfast in the world and everybody’s always so nice. They always give me discount if I have AARP and a past guest discount. They're very accommodating and I feel at home there. Usually, they go out of their way to make you comfortable. I stayed in a lot of places in Branson, but I like it the best. I don’t like staying on the strip in Branson and it’s nice and quiet out there. It's very peaceful.

Thanks, Margie!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?

Original review: May 14, 2020

My timeshare was cancelled without communicating with me it was going to be cancelled. No letter in the mail, no email, no phone calls. They took my deposit and ran. I want my refund! I tried contacting them and never hear back. Not only that but I paid the fees for our complementary trip, and didn't receive it, I want my refund for that too!. I guess the company went out of business? Twice!? I followed up and tried everything they prompted me to do and still haven't heard back from Welks. Beautiful Resorts but crap service. They need to be more organized and helpful.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Beware. Welk Resorts uses high pressure sales techniques to push people into expensive timeshares with high APRs. Very unorganized and uncomfortable setting. If the salesperson can’t push you into a sale, they will have two sales managers come to the table to try and pressure you into a sale. If they can’t push a sale onto you you then go to an exit sales presentation where they again try and push you into a sale. If you sign with them, you get a special stamp on your “free” Hawaii vacation giving you priority. If you don’t sign with them, you basically have no chance of successfully setting up a Hawaii vacation.

Original review: March 15, 2020

We were approached by a Welk salesperson at an NHL hockey game to sign up for a timeshare presentation at a Welk Resort. Thought it was a good idea and signed up. Now I find out that the $50 deposit is nonrefundable, which was not presented to us. Furthermore, they signed us up for a hotel stay overnight (March 15-16) at one of their neighboring properties (Lakehouse Resort), for which we were not sent a confirmation nor made aware of their cancellation policy. When we tried to cancel on March 14 due to the need to avoid public travel because of the Coronavirus (plus the closing of our kids schools), their office was closed. We left a message and received no response.

I again called on March 15 and was able to get a hold of a representative name Kay. Kay, along with the advice of her supervisor (Trish **), stated that they will have to charge me for the hotel stay of $59.99 as a no show, without any consideration to the Coronavirus nor the unexpected circumstances of our children's school closure. The conversation was all business. No personal touch to the current crisis and fear of travel, just business. This is a very disgraceful act for a company to not consider a world pandemic and proceed business as usual

Being so frustrated, we decided to cancel our entire reservation with them for touring their property. We do not want to business with a company that has zero human touch and the inability to provide empathy or understand the need to provide flexibility during a worldwide crisis. Disgraceful. This is also when we realized our deposit is non-refundable. Kay and her supervisor, Trish **, refused to refund. They offered a better hotel in the future, which is not what we're interested in. We are/were interested in possibly purchasing at timeshare with Welk, but we a disgraceful act as such, that is no longer the case. When a company cannot adapt to unforeseen circumstances, you do not want to do business with them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I am sending you this message in regards to a stay that I had at the resort in Escondito, CA. and to make you aware of the deplorable management of your organization. We checked into the resort for Christmas week, 6 days before my daughter’s destination wedding in La Jolla. We booked a mountain villa at the Welk resorts property in Escondito, Ca., which was advertised as having "deluxe appointments and features sure to enhance your vacation experience". We wanted to enjoy the Christmas holidays and have some relaxation before the big wedding event.

Overnight on Christmas day there was a big rainstorm. The room that we were in was partially sub floor level. The closet where the bride’s wedding gown, my own gown, all the clothes and dresses for the various wedding events were hanging, as well as all the shoes for all the gowns and dresses that were on the floor of that closet, completely flooded. This was not a small leak, but a full on flood. Everything was soaked. This was literally thousands of dollars worth of property that we had spent at least the last 9 months buying and preparing for the wedding scheduled to take place a week later. It was clearly visible that there was a major crack in the exterior wall at the side of the villa where the water must have rushed in.

My main concern was to try to rescue anything that I could and even more so, to keep the bride, from finding out what had happened to her dresses, property etc., as she literally would have had a nervous break down. Luckily she was not in the villa that morning when I woke to see the flood. As soon as I got everything out of the closet, I went to the front desk. There was no manager available. There was only an assistant manager available who, in spite of being very sympathetic, told me that this was way above his authority and ability to deal with. I remained calm and polite. There were literally over a thousand guest at this property and there was no one available or present in a capacity of authority who could deal with this. The assistant agreed with me that we must keep this situation from the bride since at all cost, he wanted to avoid creating a scene at the resort.

Obviously, the bedroom was no longer usable and when the assistant asked me once if I wanted to move, I said to him that in order to do that I would have to tell the bride what had happened. He immediately agreed again that we should not tell the bride and not change rooms since that would create a terrible scene for him that he was not in authority nor capable of handling and that it would have created even more chaos and I now had to concentrate on repairing all the damage done before the wedding that was happening the following week.

They attempted to clean the room before the bride returned to the villa but the person trying to vacuum up the water told me there was too much water and he couldn't get it all up. The bedroom also started to smell moldy immediately. Clearly this was not the first time this had happened. I closed the door so that the bride wouldn't see what had occurred and never used the bedroom again. Since her room was on the other side of the villa, she remained unaware of what had happened.

Days went by and not a single manager or person in authority tried to contact me. Because I had so many things that took precedent to deal with, which included the wedding event, rehearsal, dinners, guests and relatives arriving to stay at the wedding venue in La Jolla, and now trying to replace and repair the damage that was done to my property without the bride finding out and the total chaos this created for me, I told the assistant that if they would just reverse the charges of our stay there, I would be happy to settle everything. He told me he didn't have the authority and didn't know why no manager or director had contacted me but refused to give me any contact information of anyone who could help me.

Over the next few days, I kept going back to the front desk and asking to speak the general manager of the hotel. Each time I was told that there was no manager available on the premises. They were on vacation and there was no one in charge present. The only person I could speak to each time was the same assistant who kept telling me that he was "completely on my side" but his position didn't allow him to reverse the charges and rectify the situation.

I never argued or lost my temper with him or any other person there as I was being respectful of the fact that there were at least a thousand other guests there for the holidays and I was trying to be considerate. In hindsight, perhaps that was a mistake as ultimately management was completely ungrateful and rude to me. Each time I kept asking why isn't anyone "in authority" contacting me and he didn't know. Each time (at least 5) I politely asked for contact information for the general manager of the hotel so that I could contact them and they refused to give it to me or tell me how to speak to someone who could help me. When we checked out of the hotel, Christmas had passed days before and still no one contacted me. Again, I asked for contact information since we were leaving and moving on to the wedding venue and the assistant refused!

Five days after the flood, days after we had checked out, the afternoon before the wedding a PR person named Hutch ** contacted me. Needless to say I was completely preoccupied at that point with the wedding but he claimed he knew nothing about what had happened (even though the assistant had previously assured me that “corporate” was fully aware of everything that had happened) and he made me explain everything in detail, to him. He was clearly disturbed and sympathetic. He said thank you so much for being so patient and reiterated to me how grateful he was and how smart it was that I didn't and still hadn't told the bride what had happened, which was one of the main reasons for not changing rooms at the resort. He even said to me that he could only imagine what a horrible situation it would be if that had happened to his daughter.

He told me that he was on my side and that he really appreciated and admired the way I had handled everything. He told me that he promised I would never have to repeat the story to anyone again, that he would deal with the whole thing and that he would keep me up to date and stay in touch with me and call me every step of the way. I thanked him and said just don't call me during the wedding which was the next day. I didn't hear from him again for 15 days. I managed to get his phone number off my cell phone. After the wedding, I kept calling him and leaving messages and he NEVER called me or contacted again for 15 days.

When I finally got him on the phone, he made excuses about having so many other messages to answer and being busy in many meetings. He said that he had discussed the flooding of the villa with his superiors and it was decided by his bosses, that they would not refund me anything but if I gave him receipts they would consider paying for the cleaning of things. He said I should have changed rooms.

I had to explain to Mr. ** that the issue being addressed here is NOT that we didn’t change rooms (which the assistant manager agreed was not a feasible option) but: A) The flood had already happened and changing rooms would not have changed the fact that your facility needed to take responsibility for the flood that had occurred not cause more stress and inconvenience to the guest. B) I would have had to tell the bride what had happened and that the assistant asked me not to tell the bride since there would have been a completely unmanageable scene created for him to manage. C) That regardless of the thousands of dollars in property damage and the immense stress and chaos this created, anyone staying in a hotel room that was flooded should NOT be charged for their stay there.

His response to me was that this was his superior’s decision and there was nothing he could do about it. When I kept asking him to give the contact information of the people that had made this decision he refused to give me anyone's name or contact and he refused to go back to his superiors to reconsider. He left me with no option except to try to stop payment on my credit card. I hope you as CEO can help me and correct this horrible treatment at your resort.

Welk Resort Group response

We're very concerned about your experience and would like to look into this further. Please give our team a call at 1-855-455-9355.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

The salesman we got stuck with, made all sorts of promises. We didn't learn until after purchasing that he'd lied through his teeth. They fired him, but it was too late for us. We've had this timeshare for several years and only have been able to use it once...for 2 nights. With a $1200 per year maintenance fee, that was an expensive $600 per night stay. We tried 2 times to use their rent-out option, but even though 1 went through, and I made $200, the second one they canceled, stating I didn't pay my maintenance fees. When I sent them documentation, proving I had, it was too late and our points were gone. Use it or lose it!

I went to 1 owner's update, where they put us in a really bad room, then tried showing how great a room we could've had, then asked me to pay more to get more. The heck?! Why would I up my time, when I'd be paying a Ton more? I called and asked nicely for them to just let us out of the deal, but they just said they'd take it back if I pay off the loan. So I'll go buy a car, then just give it back to the dealer? This company is nuts! High maintenance fees, for 2 days per year. Think twice before you buy into them. I have 3 other timeshares and they are awesome. This place is a joke and they won't let you out of a bogus deal.

Welk Resort Group response

Hi Mary, we are disappointed to hear about your experience as an Owner with us. Please send us a message with your contact information and we will escalate this to our management team to contact you.

Welk Resort Group author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Welk Resorts is a company that was founded in 1964 by Lawrence Welk. The company is known for providing upscale, luxury resort and hotel accommodations, and it has properties in Escondido, Palm Springs, Cabo San Lucas and Branson.

• Selection of properties: The properties associated with the Welk Group Resorts are located in destinations known for great activities, landscapes and entertainment.

• Flexible ownership options: The company offers customers a range of ownership options, so they can choose the purchase plan that best works for their schedule and budget.

• Villa rentals: The properties that the company rents are villas, so guests have large size accommodations when they use their timeshare.

• Online fee payments: Welk Resorts offers owners the ability to easily pay their annual fees online, making the process simple and convenient.

• Platinum points program: The company has a platinum points program, which offers users the ability to take advantage of benefits the more they use their timeshare.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Welk Resort Group Company Information