Call toll free
3.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welk Resorts is a dynamic, growing, and respected leader in the vacation ownership industry. Independently owned and operated, Welk Resorts has built a foundation of innovation and hospitality.

With six luxury resorts across five sought-after vacation destinations in the U.S. and Mexico, all properties have earned top exchange marks from Interval International and RCI. Each Welk property is carefully designed with the needs of our Owners and guests in mind to provide unique, first-class accommodations and experiences.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

Welk Resort Group Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

We stayed in a Welk Resort that we found on hotels.com. When we checked in, they told us about different free vouchers for this or that if we would go do something. We were there in such a short time and didn’t have time to entertain any ideas of anything extra so we turned them down but they were all friendly. The property was pretty nice for the price. We had a really good rate for the rooms. It was an older hotel that we stayed in and a little more update would be good but we really enjoyed it. It was in Branson, Missouri and the location was really great. It was relaxed. They were efficient there, too. It was kind of a little bit out of the way, on the edge of the town, but still close. Some of those hotels are right on the strip and I don't know how those people get in and out of the parking lot.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I was at the Orange County fair and Welk had a booth set up. We came to the presentation and I didn’t really know anything about Welk or about timeshare. It was my first presentation. They were talking about a free trip so that was kinda the motivation to get out there. The property was nice. We went ahead and got the trip, but that ended up being a scam.

FTP Vacations, the company that we had to call and put a deposit down on, was closed. They had a website that guided us through the process of paying the deposit, but when we actually called, the number was disconnected. Once we googled the company, it said that they were no longer in service and people are complaining about scam. So, we could never get our money back and we didn’t realize that until it was too late for us to even fight it with our bank. We lost out on $285. So, that was unfortunate.

For the second presentation I went to, we stayed in one of the resorts the night before to really get a feel for it. Customer service was always great. The people were very nice. When they're trying to sell, there has to be some kind of pressure but it was a little bit much the last time. They sent four people after we told the original person who was just kinda pressuring, and pressuring, and pressuring that it wasn’t a good time.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My wife and I first bought in 2015, an every other year ownership of 240k points. Enough for one week in a 2 bedroom in Branson, or a 1 bedroom at some of the nicer/more in demand Welk properties. Well, every other year ownership has some serious limitations, such as you can book a stay with rolled over/borrowed points a maximum of 60 days out. That was not very well explained initially and we had a hard time booking anything. The gifts they offer for sitting through a presentation rarely work out, this is partially Welk's fault for not offering better gifts, partially the gifting company to blame. In those first years, we would be on hold for hours trying to get answers over the phone.

In 2018 we upgraded to 240k every year. Yes, this increased our maintenance fees however it gives us a 15 month booking window for our annual points. Customer service has gotten 100% better. The longest I've been placed on hold is 5 minutes before talking to a real person. As far as availability, there is plenty! Right now, on 3/8/19, I can book a five night stay at Northstar or One Village Place in Lake Tahoe, the first week of December, in a 2 bedroom unit for 210k points. Or I could go stay at Cabo in the large one bedroom for 120k points. I could literally book these right now. Keep in mind, I'm a little fish in the Welk pond with only 240k points. Platinum ownership goes from 90k points all the way to one million. Welk also trades VERY well through RCI or still with Interval International. Welk pays for the RCI membership, and I paid for 2 more years of II because I like the bonus weeks.

My point is, I went from hating it and regretting purchasing, to loving it and learning to utilize it to its fullest. If you bought with Welk and aren't happy, there is a Welk Platinum Owner's group on Facebook, find us, and I will help you all I can. Coz I know the feeling of despair when you think you're stuck with an unusable "vacation ownership" that costs thousands that you can't use and can't get rid of. Been there, learned a lot, now love it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We liked the area where the Welk Resort was in. They were in San Diego. In addition, they offered every other year kind of a situation since we had another timeshare in Lake Tahoe that was every other year. We put this one in on the opposite year, so we'd either go up there or go down to San Diego. Since Welk is a points-based system, we purchased points from them. They send newsletters every year and that keeps us posted on what’s going on with the resort, and the other properties that are associated with them. So far, we enjoy going out there. The weather’s always nice. The golfing is good. The course is challenging enough to keep us entertained. It's a nice resort and they maintain it well. Other than that, they helped us out when we were using one of their properties down in Cabo and wanted to get extra days. They’re just very helpful people all the way around. We've been happy with Welk.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Once again, my time at Sirena del Mar was outstanding. Nine days went by too fast. Just not enough time to spend not only at this beautiful resort, but with the absolute best staff around, bar none. I've been visiting Sirena del Mar since it opened in 2010. From that very first visit to this day, what has set the resort apart is the staff, both hotel and sales. The kindest, most attentive, and fun loving people around. They've become more than just waiters, bartenders, concierge, bellhops, deskmen to me, they've become friends, no, my second family. You meet them once and they remember you forever. Though people have left through the years, there are those that remain, and apparently instill the values of being great workers to anyone that has come to work there. There is always a smiling face to greet you, a fun poolside game to play, a well made drink to enjoy, and delicious food to taste.

When there is an issue with the room, service is prompt and courteous. There is also little things, like using colored rice to spell out happy birthday on the bed with palm trees on each side, along with a small birthday cake decorated and left to enjoy. Priceless! The grounds are kept immaculate, the pool has an amazing view of the arch that never gets old, herbs for the kitchen are grown on the property, and with so many unswimmable beaches in and around Cabo, having its own swimmable private beach is a treat.

My only complaint used to be the distance to town, only because of the taxi prices which led me to rent cars for the last few years since it was just about the same price, but now that Uber has come to Cabo, and round trip prices to town being just over half of a one way trip with the taxis, the need to rent a car may be gone. Hopefully the resort will keep its current policy of letting the Uber drivers drive up to the lobby area. It makes things so easy. I could go on and on, but there is a reason I visit here 3 times a year, and anytime someone comes with me, they see what I see, and can't wait to come back, as did my brother after our trip last week.

Lastly, if I do have to complain, it would only be that Welk should go ahead and just finish the 4th building at the resort, especially after learning that allegedly the property in Hawaii contains ancient burial grounds, thus making it impossible so far to get any permits to do any kind of building. I met maybe half a dozen couples last week that were all current Welk owners but had never been to Cabo. They were all saying that they couldn't wait to come back. It's already getting more difficult to book time here at this resort, and with more people discovering the resort weekly, IMHO, adding the 4th building would not only relieve some of the booking congestion, but it would also generate that much more revenue a lot faster than what it would take to get anything built in Hawaii. Other than that, I've already got my next trips planned for next May, and probably October as well, when I'll be able to spend time with my family.

Welk Resort Group response

We hope you remember your recent nine days with us forever! It's great to hear that you loved our staff and service and we appreciate all of your positive and constructive input. We hope to see you again soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Very nice inside and outdoors. Grounds are very clean. Golfing is great on either course. We go stay at least once a year with our family and visit the zoo and lots of other great things to do in San Diego also.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

It was yet another year with wonderful service where we rarely had to ever leave the resort. The only item we would ever even with for is a connection from the main hotel to the entertainment/restaurant building that wasn't outside. We always visit in November for the Daniel O'Donnell concerts and it's usually pretty cool to push mom's wheelchair over to breakfast and/or dinner. Maybe even just even a plastic barrier to cut the wind but allow the view to remain.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Very good place to stay and enjoy the grounds. Excellent breakfasts make it so much better. The quiet rooms are a big plus. Staff is very helpful and respond to all questions. Thanks for a great visit to the area. Keep up the good work and the smiles.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

The staff members at Welk Resort are very knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. Our room was clean and ready on time. Even the slightest issue was handled quickly and expertly. We had a wonderful week, including an unexpected low score on my golf game.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

The grounds at the Welk Resort are well cared for and very attractive. Rooms are well maintained. We would like an exhaust fan in our bathroom during showers. Requested a main level room and got it. Meals were very tasty at the resort. The Peter Noone Show was excellent. Being able to park, eat, have our room and go to the show all at one location is what keeps us coming back to the Welk Resort. Keep up the good work.

Welk Resort Group expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Welk Resorts is a company that was founded in 1964 by Lawrence Welk. The company is known for providing upscale, luxury resort and hotel accommodations, and it has properties in Escondido, Palm Springs, Cabo San Lucas and Branson.

• Selection of properties: The properties associated with the Welk Group Resorts are located in destinations known for great activities, landscapes and entertainment.

• Flexible ownership options: The company offers customers a range of ownership options, so they can choose the purchase plan that best works for their schedule and budget.

• Villa rentals: The properties that the company rents are villas, so guests have large size accommodations when they use their timeshare.

• Online fee payments: Welk Resorts offers owners the ability to easily pay their annual fees online, making the process simple and convenient.

• Platinum points program: The company has a platinum points program, which offers users the ability to take advantage of benefits the more they use their timeshare.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Welk Resort Group Company Information