toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews

We had a very pleasant experience with our sales presentation. We attended the presentation at the Branson, Mo facility. Yes, the presentation ran a little longer than the 120 minutes they stated but a lot of that could have been our questions, breaks etc. Our salesperson, Stella, was very knowledgeable and personable. We received all we were promised and additional perks because we did wind up purchasing. We were impressed with the flexibility of using our points and the fact that we weren't locked into a specific unit at a specific time. We look forward to enjoying all the Welk facilities in the future as well as the special "getaway" trips that will come available. After arriving home we did some follow-up research that confirmed we had made the right choice.

Factual basis uncertain

The San Diego resort itself is quite nice and they maintain it well. The timeshare people are quite pushy and over the top. The presentation book has mention of 2 resorts to open in the near future. Hawaii to open in 2016 and Breckinridge in spring 2017. We swapped into Lake Tahoe and had a great experience. The timeshare dept there told us no Hawaii now and Breckinridge had slipped to 2019. Over the last 2 months we have called 5 times to use the balance of our points and have emailed once . No one calls back! Just dishonest people selling timeshares. They should not even mention dates on future resorts. The owner should close the dept and start over, they have beautiful resorts but terrible sales departments.

Factual basis uncertain

BUYERS BEWARE!! Unfortunately we were scammed into buying into this time share and it has proven to be the biggest mistake of our lives! I am writing this review and will be writing similar reviews on every social media website I can to try and warn people to stay as far away from ownership in Welk Resorts as possible. We bought our first timeshare last November after being promised the moon from the sales people and unfortunately (as it so often does) it was too good to be true. There were far too many promises they were unable to deliver on to actually list them here. And today is the pinnacle of our experience with Welk Resorts. We have paid every single payment on time as well as our maintenance fees on time until last month and we have been HOUNDED by rude and intrusive associates since.

Today I received another call from a lady named Tina that works at their San Diego office and her customer service was so deplorable we are contacting an attorney to proceed foreclose on this property. She was above and beyond rude! My husband has already made payment arrangements for the late payment and she threatened me with collections and when I asked about having to possibly foreclose with the assistance of an attorney she stated that we should be paying our payments on time and not wasting our money on attorneys and that if we would pay our payments on time then we shouldn't need an attorney.

Again I'm stating that this type of customer service is what we now expect from Welk Resorts after being LATE, not missing, LATE on a single payment. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourselves a favor and if you are considering buying into this timeshare DO NOT fall for their schemes and save yourself a lot of money and headaches!!

1st 5 years no problem. This trip room poorly cleaned. Dripping on 8 floor tile. Reported and place paper with arrow on one tile to show location. They only cleaned the one tile. Rest very obvious. They didn't clean sticky stain on fridge and dishwasher. We finally cleaned them ourselves. Front desk called to follow up. We told them what was not done and they wanted us to in to listen to a timeshare trade. Granite counter joint 1/16 inch off. Place not being taken care of. Emphasis solely on selling timeshare trades. Sadly, we won't back.

The tour... Great. The resort... Awesome! The sales tactics... Below bottom basement, psychological stunts that are worse than police tactics to get someone to admit to a crime he/she did not commit. For that reason, I gave them 3-stars. In other words it's a mixed review. So, the sales people start off right at the time of the 90 minutes it's suppose to take to claim. They are going to get your gifts. This takes up to about 3 hours of you saying no, or them saying yes, but they want you to sign a real estate contract without having any period to think about it and give them about $2090 downpayment right now.

Oh yeah, and if your credit is less than perfect, that down payment goes up about $1000.00. They don't tell you that until you look at the contract and notice a change. Now, they are slick. They do have a great resort... But the sales tactics really keep you in there for 5.5-6.00 hours. I missed a visit with my husband's mother who has terminal cancer, and we told them that, we miss our dinner date, and we told them that. Then we went outside, waited in line in the cold when some woman who works there and drives a white car comes past my husband and I, goes to the front of the line, literally looks my husband up & down, and we sit at the back of the go-cart in the dark, in the cold... Wow! I thought, "how rude..." But I laughed!

How can they allow such arrogance in a place like this? If only she knew that look was a testament to the place. In other words if she works there with that attitude and behavior, she ain't the only one. This happened Saturday evening 10/15/2016 about 6:40 pm. She was dropped off to her white car. I believe it was a four door and she had long dark colored hair. She also had like a briefcase with wheels.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?

It is hilarious that all the negative comments are struck out and all the positive comments are clear and readable. Myself I enjoyed Welk and refused to attend the presentation much to the dislike of the concierge I must say. She actually was rude about it but other than that I loved it, going back next year and will say no to attend the presentation.

Factual basis uncertain

Read very carefully because I will be describing my vacation at the Welk Resort in Escondido in detail. I am a wife and mother of one 3 year old girl. I am a workaholic and when attended the presentation after being promised Six Flags tickets, Disney World tickets and a cruise ship and last but not least an android tablet. The only thing promised was the Six Flags tickets, everything else a scam. And my mother that accompanied me got hooked on a 3000, promotional preview which I told her wasn't a good idea. It is now 8/14/16, and I was right. I arrived with a total of 8 people - one who is my sister in a wheelchair, special needs. I was promised a room with ramp, and to accommodate the 8 people. Arrived and already problems, the room had stairs and fitted 6 people. On top of that racist, I am Mexican and make a great living yet I got treated worse than the ** guest. By the guest and the employees was treated bad.

Let me elaborate, so I am in line and I get cutted by ** folks and the employees saw and did nothing. I am at the pool purchased squirter guns for 3 of my invited guest and a ** guest called me out saying that I took her squirter guns. Thank God I had my receipts. But of all people who had same squirter guns, me. Then this place has no one trained to accommodate wheelchairs, no shade no ramps for wheelchairs waiting for the Damn trolley that takes you around. Trained one old ass man that took longer to put my sister up on the ramp than going to our room.

On the second day got switched to another room, took two hours of my family time moving things because they couldn't get their computers to stop glitches. Arrived to the room and not even clean yet. Gross. But when I went Back to get a charger I forgot to the other room. Come to find out it was all cleaned and ** folks arriving, mean as can be - yelling on why I took two parking space. Because I have a wheelchair and this place doesn't accommodate. In my personal opinion this place is not worth the headaches. Vacation was not a vacation. I can afford better than this and not have a headache. Thank God I didn't get hooked on being owner. I have nothing against ** people, but after being at Welk Resort I felt Trump everywhere. Just sad.

Factual basis uncertain

We attended a presentation in Branson, after signing a paper saying it is a "120-minute commitment." Our sales person was friendly, but after I mentioned we had already been there 2 hours and 45 minutes she said, "Oh, sorry," and went right on. We told her right up front we hated a presentation with high pressure and yet she called over her manager twice to continue to twist our arms after we had already said we were not at all interested. He was insulting. "Well we just thought you had an open mind." And on it went. Even after I stood up to leave they went on. And then, knowing we were very frustrated, we STILL had to sit and wait further for a third person to get the little piece of paper that let us leave in order to get the refund of our deposit and cash for our show tickets.

Factual basis uncertain

Please, anyone reading this review, learn from my mistake. Do not buy a Welk Timeshare. We went to their presentations. They are pretty slick at guiding you along, just as any good salesperson is. We were thinking of all the wonderful things we could do with this timeshare. They boasted on the fact that you could exchange your yearly points in through Interval International and change your one week into 2. What they casually slipped past you was the fact that every time you do that, it will cost you a cool 189 bucks. That and they forgot to mention the fact that there are tons of restrictions.

We are unable to use our points unless we want to pull our children out of school during the middle of the year, and the closest we could get to our destination that we wanted to go was about 8 hours away. I spent 18000 on a timeshare that I am now seriously debating on selling to a company for 1200 just to get out of it. 1300 every 2 years in ownership fees. I could have used that money alone from the fees and gone to the place I wanted to vacation and saved myself 18000. So please, if you read this review, please do not get suckered into buying their scamshare.

Factual basis uncertain

I'd like to thank the high pressure sales tactics of the Welk Branson for pushing me out of a purchase I was more than ready to make. We spent a great afternoon looking at what we thought we was going to be a great investment, a timeshare with the Welk Resorts. I liked the design of the offer, you buy a "unit" and get your points that can be used anywhere at any of their properties. The financial stability of the company looked good upon review, future plans looked good, and the company looked sound.

I liked it, I was sold, until it came down to the end and the "high pressure" tactics of their "supervisor" and backed up by the sales guy whose personal story, although sad, had a number of holes and contradictions. They said that the "special" was available then and only then, no ability to look at paperwork before hand, no ability to leave and come back, no ability to have an attorney or real estate agent review it, no ability to conduct business as is done with every other real estate transaction.

I should have been more suspicious earlier in the presentation when the sales guy said often how he was just a sales guy and he doesn't know the pricing so he used the points system to describe the units. All of the numbers were the "points" that were obviously well rehearsed and all written down on blank paper by hand. Their little workbook was well designed to direct people in the right direction, once again, all hand written info. No rate sheets, no spec sheet, nothing resembling a product sheet.

It wasn't until almost 3 hours later that the true dollar amount came to light, about 15k for 1 bed, 20k for 2 and 25k for 3. The membership fees were around $1500/yr. All and all the pricing wasn't unreasonable and well within my price range. The two were quite adept at keeping the numbers flowing yet not quite adding up. Oh and those numbers were all without the inability to obtain 3rd party financing. They require you to get their 14.9% financing first then you have 30 days to get 3rd party financing.

The supervisor made quite the point that everything he was doing was legal and above board, which it was, 100% legal, just very manipulative. They wouldn't let the product sell itself, they felt the need to push the sale. I could literally give a dozen different ways it could work different and better. Welk Resorts missed out on a sale today. Well maybe, found dozens of memberships for sale on 3rd party timeshare sites. Maybe I can pick one up for a fraction of the original amount. For those who are interested in this, ask for the paperwork up front to review. When they don't give it to you, there's your ability to walk away. Oh, if Welk Corporate wishes to contact me, feel free.

Factual basis uncertain

In a moment of pure desperation for something good in our lives, we went to a timeshare presentation for the free vacation promise only. Somehow, despite the fact that we had almost no money in our bank account, we got talked into purchasing a timeshare. I didn't even think it would be possible that we would qualify considering neither my husband nor I had good credit, we didn't have enough money to put down the deposit they required, and also we didn't even want a timeshare! At that time, I was very mentally unstable, shortly after this huge mistake, I started therapy and got put on antidepressants for anxiety and depression. So I was not in the best state of mind and unfortunately let myself be convinced over the 5 hour presentation that this was a good decision.

The part that gets me the most is how they pushed the purchase through. Because we didn't have the money for the deposit, they applied for a credit card with Quorum Federal Credit Union for me, so that the deposit could be paid for with this line of credit. And then, they set up the payments for the timeshare to be automatically withdrawn from this credit card. This just seems incredibly unethical to me.... feels reminiscent of the sub-prime home loans that led to the housing bubble bursting and the 2007-2009 recession in the United States.

We couldn't even qualify for a $10,000 small business loan at that time, so how did we qualify to purchase a timeshare that cost $13,000, with no down payment?? I remember thinking, man this guy is gonna do whatever it takes to get this sale, and by the end of it, I felt bad that he had spent so much time with us, I felt like we owed it to him to follow through with the purchase!

That was in 2014, it is now 2016 and we haven't used a single day of our timeshare. Why? Because we can't afford it! We live on such a tight budget that we can't take time off. We have been on Medi-Cal health insurance for years because we are below the poverty line. Welk continues to put the timeshare payments on the Quorum credit card they so strategically provided for me, but we are only making the minimum payments on it and we haven't been able to pay our maintenance fees, so at this point I'm guessing we will be headed toward foreclosure. If anyone can confirm that these practices were illegal, please respond. I am considering pursuing a class action lawsuit against the Welk Resort Group.

Last November, we celebrated my parent's 50th wedding anniversary at the Welk Resort in San Diego. Many of our guests came from out of town and stayed at the resort, including my parents, and they loved being able to visit family at the pool, go to a neighboring villa for breakfast, and/or getting away to a nearby attraction. The venue on the golf course was beautiful and the catering director, Morgan ** was wonderful to work with from start to finish. My parents loved the celebration and seeing them smile and enjoy their special day, will be a memory we will never forget. It's experiences like this that confirm why we decided to become Welk owners and it's people like those who work at Welk who make these experiences very special memories.

Factual basis uncertain

We bought into their lies and purchased. We stayed a few days in San Diego. Location is so far away from everything that you spend a lot of time traveling. When we decided that timeshare life wasn't for us, I called Welk like they said we should. Told we had to give them first option to buy us out. They no longer have that program and haven't for years. Lie #1. Tried to put our time into the rental program, like we were advised. They can't do it either. Lie #2. When we filed a complaint with the BBB they failed to respond. Told us what a great rating with the BBB they had. That's 'cause they don't respond. Lie #3. DON'T BUY THIS. Can never get time in interval because Welk is too small to compete. Lie #4. It's all a great big lie!

Palm Springs/Cathedral City Resort - Really enjoyed the units with my little one. The kitchen was awesome to have and the property grounds were great too.

My wife and I stayed for several days at Sirena Del Mar in Cabo. First, the location of the resort is beautiful and our view from our balcony was breathtaking. We also felt that the staff was very cheerful and their service was impeccable. I will certainly recommend this resort to friends and family that look to visit Cabo!

Love this place. The staff are friendly and helpful, they have good food at the pools, and it's just such a nice place for families. Our friends have a timeshare and we meet up with them every summer. Love renting a cabana and playing in the pool. And the rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. Can't go wrong staying at the Welk resort in Temecula.

We went to Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar Cabo San Lucas on our 1st Anniversary. We were delighted sitting on our balcony above the surf looking out to the ocean panorama and passing boats at a distance. The view from the dining area, adjacent to the pool, looking out over it and the Jacuzzi to the surf, is simply indescribably beautiful. The room amenities, furnishings, bathroom and floor plan was simply amazing. We were so impressed with the whole facility, setting, and staff we became Welk Owners. We were at Welk San Diego Resort several times since becoming owners usually in the Villas. The Resort facilities are well maintained and a wide variety and I'm not even a golfer. The dinner and live theater performances, and shopping at the resort are great. The ocean and San Diego, including major sports, zoo, and museum are a short drive - simply fantastic.

We have been to Branson Welk Resort 2 times and will be returning again in July. The Lodges at Timber Ridge, The Mountain Villas San Diego, and Cabo San Lucas have similar floor plans which are simply wonderfully unique. We love Branson with the beauty of the Lodges, wonderful staff, large dining area, theater, water facility, and all the live performances in Branson. In addition to the performances, restaurants, and shopping the lakes are amazing. For a recent birthday we were at Welk Palm Springs Resort. The staff was very informative with a special thank you to "Vic" who was especially helpful. Our Palm Springs stay was very nice including the Palm Springs Tram ride up Mt San Jacinto.

My wife and I visited the Sirena Del Mar Resort in Cabo San Lucas and were very pleased to say the least. The staff were polite and accommodating. The room we stayed in was clean and spacious. The views were incredible. The vanishing edge pool overlooked the ocean and was very relaxing while enjoying your beverage of choice from the walk up pool bar. I don't have any complaints except that the stay was too short. I am definitely looking forward to returning soon.

You will not regret your decision to join Welk Resort! My family of four (2 boys 6 & 14) have been looking at the timeshare market for years and attended at least 10 presentations at various companies without ever buying. We always felt pressured and the companies didn't seem right for us. We were asked to attend a Welk Resort timeshare presentation in Branson, Missouri in 2010. We had never heard of Welk previously and decided to give it a listen. We became owners at Welk that day and never regretted our decision. I looked at my husband after we listened and had our questions answered and said this is the one, he agreed.

Since purchasing we have had the opportunity to visit some other resorts by utilizing the Interval International exchange program along with, Welk Resorts in Cabo San Lucas twice & Branson, Missouri too many times to count since we only live about 4 hours away from this location. Our future trips to a Welk Resort will include Cabo San Lucas, Sirena Del Mar as many times as possible, Hawaii when construction is completed, Breckenridge, CO, Lake Tahoe, CA, and San Diego. The vacation you receive from Welk Resorts is AMAZING!!! If I were to purchase these vacations as a consumer and not an OWNER I would pay much more over time and would not be able to afford these kind of trips twice a year or more. The staff at every location we have visited make it a point to get to know you personally and keep you happy!

We wrote this review because so many people are quick to post the negative and not the positive about legit companies around. I would strongly recommend giving a Welk property a visit to see what you're missing! I would be happy to answer any questions to anyone that would like to know more about this timeshare company. If you need/like to vacation you will thank yourself for joining Welk and not another timeshare company.

I have been vacationing at Welk for over 20 years. Some of my fondest memories date back to Welk vacations! I have personally stayed in Cabo, Escondido and Palm Springs, but look forward to vacationing at the other resorts in due time. While owning a timeshare can be confusing and overwhelming at times, Welk staff have always made themselves available to help us navigate the system. I personally purchased my ownership when I was 32 years of age. I currently am able to make my points get me 4 weeks of vacation a year, whether it's at a Welk resort or through an exchange company. I have experienced some bumps along the way in my Welk ownership experience, but I reached out to the corporate office and got a great response. They handled my concerns immediately, with the right attitude, and made me feel as a VIP! Nothing in life is perfect, so have the right expectations!

I always believe that you shouldn't judge a business by their mistakes, you should judge them based on how they fix those mistakes. In 20 years, I have had my issues, but I have also worked them out professionally, and that makes all the difference in the world! I plan on a lifelong relationship with Welk and when I die, I plan on leaving the legacy of vacationing as a family to my two girls, who will inherit our Welk ownership! After paying off our loan, we will be able to vacation every year, 4 times a year, for $1200... What a deal!

Factual basis uncertain

After touring the Branson resort, we purchased a package from Welk. We paid for this purchase, in the amount of $21,095, using our credit card. After signing all the paperwork, the woman who handled the paperwork, bundled up all such paperwork, placed it in a large white envelope, and put it in our binder. Later we decided to review this paperwork. We were absolutely stunned to discover that our paperwork was NOT complete. Missing from our packet was one section of the Master Declaration of Restrictions and Bylaws for Welk Resorts Platinum Program, as well as Pages 10 and 11 of the Purchase and Sale Agreement and Escrow Instructions. In other words, the ONLY information missing from our bundle was the information which told us that we had the right to cancel our contract, and explaining how to do so, from two different documents.

Upon realizing that we had clearly been victim to a Timeshare Scam, we contacted the resort in Branson, who categorized this as a mistake, and stated that they had realized that morning that they had left this information out of several sales packets. Note that no attempt to contact us was made. AGAIN, KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE PAGES WERE OMITTED FROM TWO DIFFERENT DOCUMENTS, AND NOTHING ELSE WAS MISSING! Fortunately, we had taken the time to review our purchase information immediately, and we are in the process of exercising our right to cancel our contract as is allowed under Missouri State law. I am sure that most are not that fortunate. While we felt and still feel that we would have gotten much use out of our timeshare, there is no way we would associate ourselves with a business that uses these shoddy business practices, with clear intent to defraud the consumer.

Factual basis uncertain

I got "a deal" for a vacation package to LegoLand for my son's birthday. First of all lied about the entire time. Found out that instead being at the resort they made the reservation at their sister hotel - Rancho Radisson which is a lower grade hotel. They told me that we only would be able to get the deal if we joined to their facility tour which should be 1 hours, but the tour is actually over 120 minutes. They told us that LegoLand was only 15 minutes from the facility but it's not. LegoLand is 30 miles from the hotel and it's 45 minutes away. I contact the advertisement/administration to have my reservation canceled and my money returned but they insisted that nothing could be done so I lost all the money that I prepaid for my family vacation. A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!

They didn't try at all to help me, in fact they told me that every detail was well explained to me - FALSE!! So I told them to check the entire conversation between me and the person that made my reservation - Rose was her name. They supposed to return to me the next day but nobody had the courtesy to call me back. So I called back and spoke to Adriana. She couldn't even remember why I was calling - very bizarre because she was the one that I spoke the day before. She placed me on hold and then told me - "yes!! I heard the recording and our salesperson was very accurate in her explanations" - FALSE!! They are very A TOTAL SCAM! Do not buy nothing from them. In fact look for other reviews if you may! I also never got a receipt from them, only the tour schedule in which they try to sell timeshare to their resorts. A such dishonest business. Very hard to reach anyone for help.

Ok first of all don't ever go to a presentation just for free stuff unless you are really desperate for those things AND enjoy wasting yours and others time. Do go if you're curious what they are selling and somewhat open to purchasing a timeshare. I would only buy a timeshare if at least 2 of the following applies to you... You enjoy taking vacations and don't want a standard hotel room. You have the extra $ a month to pay at least 265.00 a month for the timeshare (not a credit card). Can afford to pay at least 1600.00 every other year forever for maintenance fees. You live close or would actually visit the property for day use privileges. You don't want to pay or charge a huge fee at once when taking a vacation. You want to "create memories with your loved ones" at these properties.

Buying a timeshare is a commitment. You pay a lot in interest if they finance you so the best thing is to buy one with money saved or maybe with a credit card that you can actually pay off in a short amount of time. I think Welk does an amazing job entertaining guests with things to do and is very family oriented with their pools and activities. Kids love it there. The rooms or resorts are very nice and well kept. Don't buy with the intention of selling your points to make $ back. Most people don't know how to and it's not as easy as they make it seem.

BUT here is a real perk to owning. You can get AMAZING deals as a Welk owner through interval.com. You don't even have to exchange your points. You can buy a "getaway" week to almost anywhere for less than half of what the resorts charge regular people. And interval is always giving away a "free" week. You normally pay 265.00 at the most (not including tax) for 7 days at a nice resort with their weeks. Room size vary, but we are going to Park City in May for a wedding in Utah and staying in a 2-bedroom Marriott for 294.00 TOTAL. You can also buy these deals for guests for 50.00. We bought a timeshare at the Welk because we own our home and our mortgage is low. We don't have an HOA and we use their pools year round at Welk in Escondido since we live close. I work to pay for our timeshare and it's totally worth it for us. Sooo there's my two cents lol!!

The room was very comfortable in every way. Staff was super friendly and extremely helpful! I highly recommend this resort...

My husband and I have been looking into purchasing a timeshare. We came across a presenter for Welk Tahoe and paid to stay and attend the presentation. Our kids and us were so excited to go and even wanted to do 2 nights as opposed to 1 but had to cancel due to a family emergency (dying family member). We were going to get charged to move the date so we canceled but received NO refund. So much for purchasing a timeshare here.

Factual basis uncertain

From the beginning I was told lies about buying this time share. Now that I am more informed about how this company conducts their business with their owners, I am considering writing to my congressmen to stop this falsely represented company from cheating future buyers. One perfect example is this: they have raised their association fee so high that I cant even sell it. Plus, if I want them to buy it, Welk Resorts sends me to a third party company that will buy it for $2,500.00, which is approximately 10% of what I originally bought it for. That number does not include the yearly association fee costs that I am required to pay. Originally they told me that they would buy it back from me if I no longer wanted the time share.

In order for me to not lose more money, I usually try to rent it to cover basic costs. Even then, I dont get the full amount to cover it. Even then, I have to deal with Welk Resorts incompetence. The final issue was recently. After months of trying to get my check from them to cover the cost of ownership, they mailed me an unsigned check. Ive been upset with them. And instead of helping me with my complaint, they threaten to hang up the phone. They said "the call is recorded". I want the calls recorded so their management knows how incompetent they are.

I want people warned that when they are trying to get you to buy, they are very nice and make you many promises. However, as soon as you are an owner, the professionalism changes. They are harsh, disrespectful, and then really tell you what you actually are an owner of. By then it's too late, you lose money, are treated poorly, and basically are told you can sell it at significant lose to yourself.

Dont make the same mistake I made. If you plan to buy a time share, research the contract word for word and have them explain it to you in that fashion. Dont just take the sales representative at their word. Read before believing anything that comes out of that persons mouth. If they promise you something, make sure that exact wording is in writing. Be aware that they can raise their association fees significantly over time. Do you have the budget for that unknown risk? I dont.

Factual basis uncertain

While one day at the mall with my boyfriend, a man at one of the stands approaches us and asks if we would like to get free tickets to Disneyland, a free tablet and possibly some other free gifts just for attending a presentation. I didn't really want to although the free part did sound great! So with hesitation, we said yes. We had to pay $25.00 to reserve a appointment that he said would be given back to us the day we attended. So the day came for us to go and we went. The driver that picked us up at the top of the hill said to us as we got off the golf cart "have a good day, now go let them take all your money". I thought wow, why would an employee say that?

Anyhow we were already there and wanted our deposit and free stuff as promised. We walked up and of course, the place was beautiful! We waited in the lobby for our tour guy or whatever they're called. We went in and spoke with a man named Ron. He was really friendly, outgoing type and, of course, told us everything we wanted to hear. After getting into the cost, I told him that I work in retail and only made minimum wage. But my boyfriend did make more than me, so Ron suggested we use my boyfriend's income which wasn't even as much as he said. After running credit Ron said that my credit was a lot better and he couldn't use my boyfriend for the loan. He was only going to use mine. However though if anyone asked for me to tell them that I work as a store or district manager because he got me a good deal. YEAH RIGHT!!!

He then told me that they would need down payment which I then told him I did not have that kind of money on hand or even in my checking account. He of course, had a plan for that too. He ran my credit for a credit card through them, and of course I was approved for a $5000 credit limit and was then able to make the down payment and first few monthly payments at $270 a month. I kept telling him I didn't know If I could pull it off. He then told me that he truly felt that I was a good person and from talking to me, he knew I could succeed at working with Welk doing what he does. And then explained to me how much money they make for getting a sale. He told me he guaranteed he could get me a job with them and gave me his cell phone number to keep in contact. That way I would definitely be able to afford the payments and for me to really consider it.

I thought my this man is really trying to help me (yeah help me into a hole that I couldn't get out of). So I agreed. After all he promised me a job, lied for me to get the loan and applied me for their credit card. I then signed my life away to these con artists. The fees are ridiculous. I couldn't afford to pay the one from last year so they take $200 a month from my account. And now I have the new from this year and of course cannot afford it either! And to top if off I got the forms for all the free stuff and it too was all fake. These people shouldn't force people if they say they cannot afford it. They shouldn't offer lies. Also offering free stuff to people to attend says "yeah we're desperate." I emailed the man that handles disputes for them, and of course I didn't even get a reply. So here I am.

Factual basis uncertain

I went to the Welk Resort in Branson MO to find out what it was all about. They promised a free 4-night cruise, but that is NOT true! It cost over 400.00! IT'S NOT FREE!! We sat for over 2 hours listening to high-pressure salesman try to sell me an ownership in a property. First it was 41,000, then it came down to 29,000 then to 18,000. They are just playing games, and to top it all off, you don't even get equitable title as in a general warranty deed. They give you a title certificate! What a joke! Do they think we are stupid? What a scam!

Factual basis uncertain

My husband and I went to a presentation on 10/17/15 for more than 6 hours and left with an audition programs contract for an 18 month plan. After reviewing plan there were some things not disclosed. I immediately cancelled the contract after 3 days and sent a certified letter return receipt and 2 fax letters that included all the specifications of our canceled contract. I got the certified receipt. 3 days later called Welk Resort and they told me that someone by the name of Rochelle had talked to me and I had decided to keep the contract. This was an outright lie!!! I am so upset and left a message with the audition sales dept where this person works and told them about their deceitfulness and that my contract is to be honored as the cancellation intended. I am a disabled person and am having a panic attack over this. I have yet to hear from them about their mistake. My anxiety is causing me to go to my doctor.

Factual basis uncertain

We just completed our 120 minute tour with Welk's Resort in Branson. We were promised to be done in two hours... At 2 hours we walked out & after requesting our 'free' cruise voucher that actually will cost almost $400 in fees and taxes. The salesman was young & very nice. I felt bad that he works there! The cost -- $41,000!! Plus $1,200 in HOA FEES PER YEAR! They really want to sell it and try to be your best friend. Beware!!

Welk Resort Group Company Profile