Call toll free
2.74/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welk Resorts is a dynamic, growing, and respected leader in the vacation ownership industry. Independently owned and operated, Welk Resorts has built a foundation of innovation and hospitality.

With six luxury resorts across five sought-after vacation destinations in the U.S. and Mexico, all properties have earned top exchange marks from Interval International and RCI. Each Welk property is carefully designed with the needs of our Owners and guests in mind to provide unique, first-class accommodations and experiences.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

304 Welk Resort Group Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 17, 2019

I was at the Orange County fair and Welk had a booth set up. We came to the presentation and I didn’t really know anything about Welk or about timeshare. It was my first presentation. They were talking about a free trip so that was kinda the motivation to get out there. The property was nice. We went ahead and got the trip, but that ended up being a scam.

FTP Vacations, the company that we had to call and put a deposit down on, was closed. They had a website that guided us through the process of paying the deposit, but when we actually called, the number was disconnected. Once we googled the company, it said that they were no longer in service and people are complaining about scam. So, we could never get our money back and we didn’t realize that until it was too late for us to even fight it with our bank. We lost out on $285. So, that was unfortunate.

For the second presentation I went to, we stayed in one of the resorts the night before to really get a feel for it. Customer service was always great. The people were very nice. When they're trying to sell, there has to be some kind of pressure but it was a little bit much the last time. They sent four people after we told the original person who was just kinda pressuring, and pressuring, and pressuring that it wasn’t a good time.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My wife and I first bought in 2015, an every other year ownership of 240k points. Enough for one week in a 2 bedroom in Branson, or a 1 bedroom at some of the nicer/more in demand Welk properties. Well, every other year ownership has some serious limitations, such as you can book a stay with rolled over/borrowed points a maximum of 60 days out. That was not very well explained initially and we had a hard time booking anything. The gifts they offer for sitting through a presentation rarely work out, this is partially Welk's fault for not offering better gifts, partially the gifting company to blame. In those first years, we would be on hold for hours trying to get answers over the phone.

In 2018 we upgraded to 240k every year. Yes, this increased our maintenance fees however it gives us a 15 month booking window for our annual points. Customer service has gotten 100% better. The longest I've been placed on hold is 5 minutes before talking to a real person. As far as availability, there is plenty! Right now, on 3/8/19, I can book a five night stay at Northstar or One Village Place in Lake Tahoe, the first week of December, in a 2 bedroom unit for 210k points. Or I could go stay at Cabo in the large one bedroom for 120k points. I could literally book these right now. Keep in mind, I'm a little fish in the Welk pond with only 240k points. Platinum ownership goes from 90k points all the way to one million. Welk also trades VERY well through RCI or still with Interval International. Welk pays for the RCI membership, and I paid for 2 more years of II because I like the bonus weeks.

My point is, I went from hating it and regretting purchasing, to loving it and learning to utilize it to its fullest. If you bought with Welk and aren't happy, there is a Welk Platinum Owner's group on Facebook, find us, and I will help you all I can. Coz I know the feeling of despair when you think you're stuck with an unusable "vacation ownership" that costs thousands that you can't use and can't get rid of. Been there, learned a lot, now love it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Once again, my time at Sirena del Mar was outstanding. Nine days went by too fast. Just not enough time to spend not only at this beautiful resort, but with the absolute best staff around, bar none. I've been visiting Sirena del Mar since it opened in 2010. From that very first visit to this day, what has set the resort apart is the staff, both hotel and sales. The kindest, most attentive, and fun loving people around. They've become more than just waiters, bartenders, concierge, bellhops, deskmen to me, they've become friends, no, my second family. You meet them once and they remember you forever. Though people have left through the years, there are those that remain, and apparently instill the values of being great workers to anyone that has come to work there. There is always a smiling face to greet you, a fun poolside game to play, a well made drink to enjoy, and delicious food to taste.

When there is an issue with the room, service is prompt and courteous. There is also little things, like using colored rice to spell out happy birthday on the bed with palm trees on each side, along with a small birthday cake decorated and left to enjoy. Priceless! The grounds are kept immaculate, the pool has an amazing view of the arch that never gets old, herbs for the kitchen are grown on the property, and with so many unswimmable beaches in and around Cabo, having its own swimmable private beach is a treat.

My only complaint used to be the distance to town, only because of the taxi prices which led me to rent cars for the last few years since it was just about the same price, but now that Uber has come to Cabo, and round trip prices to town being just over half of a one way trip with the taxis, the need to rent a car may be gone. Hopefully the resort will keep its current policy of letting the Uber drivers drive up to the lobby area. It makes things so easy. I could go on and on, but there is a reason I visit here 3 times a year, and anytime someone comes with me, they see what I see, and can't wait to come back, as did my brother after our trip last week.

Lastly, if I do have to complain, it would only be that Welk should go ahead and just finish the 4th building at the resort, especially after learning that allegedly the property in Hawaii contains ancient burial grounds, thus making it impossible so far to get any permits to do any kind of building. I met maybe half a dozen couples last week that were all current Welk owners but had never been to Cabo. They were all saying that they couldn't wait to come back. It's already getting more difficult to book time here at this resort, and with more people discovering the resort weekly, IMHO, adding the 4th building would not only relieve some of the booking congestion, but it would also generate that much more revenue a lot faster than what it would take to get anything built in Hawaii. Other than that, I've already got my next trips planned for next May, and probably October as well, when I'll be able to spend time with my family.

Welk Resort Group response

We hope you remember your recent nine days with us forever! It's great to hear that you loved our staff and service and we appreciate all of your positive and constructive input. We hope to see you again soon.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I went to the Welk Resort for the first time on an exchange with RCI and have been going there since 2005. We mostly go to their location in Escondido and the place is nice. It’s clean and everything’s always updated and they do a really good job with that. Their pools are nice too. Another nice benefit that we have with them is that we can trade too and we appreciate Welk Resort being able to do that with us. We have a timeshare at Capistrano Beach SurfSide resort on the beach in Orange County and we like going there. Then, they became part of Grand Pacific Resorts, so now, I can book a week of my Welk Resort, do a trade fee and just get it to Grand Pacific. Then I can go and see some really nice coastal places in Hawaii.

We have 540,000 points and it’s about enough for us to do what we need to do with our family. But they’re always trying to get us to buy more and they’re pretty persistent about it. They hammer us when we tell them no and that we don’t really wanna buy anything more but that's the only bit of dissatisfaction I have with them. Other than that, I’m happy with Welk and we actually are gonna go to their Cabo location in November. You should check Welk Resort out if you wanna take vacations. However, it is an investment and we invested quite a bit of money into it, so it’s a long-term thing for us. If you just wanna do a vacation and go somewhere once every couple of years, it’s not something you should do. But we needed to be able to take vacations every year, so Welk Resort Group has been good for us and I would recommend them.

Welk Resort Group response

Thank you for your review, Michael! We're delighted that you love our on-site activities and our timeshare opportunities. Thank you for letting us know what keeps bringing you back.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We were at the state fair and they Welk Resort had a booth there. They told us that if we just sat in on it, we would get a trip to Hawaii. We’ve been to a few of their property choices and they’re nice. We really like them. Plus their reps seemed friendly. They weren’t too pushy but they walk you through everything, like how much things cost. I feel like they probably do over inflate their prices a little bit when they’re talking about how much things really do cost, but that’s probably their selling point on it.

They’re gonna tell you how much something costs at the highest peak that it would sell for. It’s like whenever there’s a drug bust for police, they tell you how much they got if they were to sell it out individually and for A-plus material. Also it was like whenever we went to Serena del Mar, they would tell us it was gonna cost thousands of dollars to go there for a week but if you do it at the right time, you can find it on Expedia for maybe $300 a night. I understand how they go about explaining it but that still doesn’t take away from the value that I see in the actual property.

Also whenever they do the owner updates they say it’s only gonna take an hour and a half, but that’s a straight up lie. It ends up being like three hours. So if they could really adhere to that hour and a half that they say it is, that would be nice. But I understand that they’re doing their thing. Nevertheless, we like Welks. We think it’s a good deal. If you wanna try to vacation, do it outright. It doesn’t work for everybody. Everybody has to find their own little way of doing things but for us it seems to work. I might end up saving money in the long run doing it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I was approached by Welk at both a Dodgers game and at Staples Center. They were offering prizes for people to come view their spaces. They kept saying you don't have to buy, just come and check it out and the prizes are yours. We went, we sat through the whole presentation. Halfway through they asked me and my boyfriend what is keeping us from buying. I said, "Well you haven't even shown me the place..." I have been sitting in this room staring at rocks for about an hr. After going through other hr of time they asked me again. I said I still haven't seen anything. We finally got a quick 20-minute tour of two places. (These looked the best out of all the places we could have seen).

The place still kind of came off as an old folk home. We came back and they once again tried to get us to buy. A couple of men came over to help out the person who took us to the tour. They weren't nice especially to their female employees. This truly bothered me. Why would I want to even think of a place that doesn't even respect each other? We finally got through it all and they "gave us the prizes." We checked a bunch of reviews and even looked at websites and THEY ARE A SCAM! This place is full of liars. They offer you something that doesn't exist to get you in the door. It is a waste! Would never trust this company with anything! DO NOt TRUST THEM!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I checked in and my room was not clean.They have termite problem.The room was falling apart and the staff reminded me IM not an owner so IM not privie to their inventory and thats the type of room I was entitled to for 120. And then I talked to a manager who said they will have housekeeping come. They never DID and they offered compensation that they brushed off and never gave any of gifts they promised and said they really didnt have ability to change it? I feel they are liars from the gate.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

We stayed in a Welk Resort that we found on hotels.com. When we checked in, they told us about different free vouchers for this or that if we would go do something. We were there in such a short time and didn’t have time to entertain any ideas of anything extra so we turned them down but they were all friendly. The property was pretty nice for the price. We had a really good rate for the rooms. It was an older hotel that we stayed in and a little more update would be good but we really enjoyed it. It was in Branson, Missouri and the location was really great. It was relaxed. They were efficient there, too. It was kind of a little bit out of the way, on the edge of the town, but still close. Some of those hotels are right on the strip and I don't know how those people get in and out of the parking lot.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

We stayed in the Welk hotel and enjoyed it very much. It was very close to the venue that we wanted to see. The Daniel O'Donnell concert was there and the hotel was very convenient. The staff was very nice and polite too. We had made the reservation online and that also went very well. The website was very clear.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My experience with Welk has been very good. I have always stayed there every time I go and I’m going to stay there again in November. I always go see Daniel O’Donnell and he's in the theater right there that I can just walk from my room to the show. They have the best breakfast in the world and everybody’s always so nice. They always give me discount if I have AARP and a past guest discount. They're very accommodating and I feel at home there. Usually, they go out of their way to make you comfortable. I stayed in a lot of places in Branson, but I like it the best. I don’t like staying on the strip in Branson and it’s nice and quiet out there. It's very peaceful.

Welk Resort Group expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Welk Resorts is a company that was founded in 1964 by Lawrence Welk. The company is known for providing upscale, luxury resort and hotel accommodations, and it has properties in Escondido, Palm Springs, Cabo San Lucas and Branson.

• Selection of properties: The properties associated with the Welk Group Resorts are located in destinations known for great activities, landscapes and entertainment.

• Flexible ownership options: The company offers customers a range of ownership options, so they can choose the purchase plan that best works for their schedule and budget.

• Villa rentals: The properties that the company rents are villas, so guests have large size accommodations when they use their timeshare.

• Online fee payments: Welk Resorts offers owners the ability to easily pay their annual fees online, making the process simple and convenient.

• Platinum points program: The company has a platinum points program, which offers users the ability to take advantage of benefits the more they use their timeshare.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Welk Resort Group Company Information