2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

3.1/5 (393 ratings)

About Welk Resort Group

Welk Resorts is a dynamic, growing, and respected leader in the vacation ownership industry. Independently owned and operated, Welk Resorts has built a foundation of innovation and hospitality.

Welk Resort Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Beware of this scam! Do whatever you can to separate yourself from this company's poor ethical behavior. They will do everything they can to try to steal your money. The sales team uses fake "tours" as a way to get you to listen to a presentation about a timeshare. Tricking customers is HIGHLY illegal and I will be working with a firm to get protection of those who have been affected by this scam.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Since Welk wants us to share our experiences I think it’s very important everyone here knows what mine has been. Starting with the first presentation in 2015 our experience has been horrendous- we have STILL not been to take a vacation using our membership, the representatives are rude and unhelpful- the only "help" offered is through attending another meeting to address our concerns- but all they try to do sell more! This con has cost us approximately $60,000- and NO VACATIONS! 20 years of Service in the Navy and I still can’t vacation with my wife. Thanks to the heinous misrepresentation of this company. CONSUMERS BEWARE!!! Lawrence Welk himself supported and appreciated the service of the troops, it seems Welk Resorts, however, does not!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I had to have a name change on title. I submitted all paperwork and paid all fees. They said it would take 6-8 weeks. It's been over 3 months. Nobody will call or write back. Not even sure the company is still in business. Beware of this company. They have not been honest since day 1.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

My husband and I took a free 2-night -3-day vacation, as long as we sat through a presentation. We agreed that we would take the trip, but we wouldn’t be purchasing. This “short” presentation took 5 LONG HOURS of being pressured by multiple salespeople. Every time we said we couldn’t afford it; they came back with more affordable options. They got us excited about the real estate investment they were offering by feeding us lie after lie until we purchased.

A few months later I inquired with our accountant about the real estate being claimed on our tax return and I was told that we couldn’t file it on our taxes as it is NOT real estate, which directly contradicts the sales pitch we sat through! Owner’s updates are only a ploy to get owners to buy more points. After declining the sales pitches at our last “owners update” our rep got visibly upset and left the table, and after he returned, he said we could leave but the free gift we were promised was no longer available to us. HOW PETTY IS THAT!?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

We were approached at the LA Beer Festival by booth workers, they offered us a complimentary round trip to Hawaii in exchange we would need to come to a timeshare presentation, so we agreed to attend. On the day of the presentation, we traveled from San Fernando Valley to Temecula, and we arrived early in the afternoon. The salesperson laid a deal in front of us showing us all the places we could go if we decided to take the deal in front of us. The more hesitant we looked the more the salesman talked. 8 HOURS of this man talking we were mentally exhausted we were ready to go so we accepted the offer. The salesman walked us to the room to sign paperwork and every time we looked hesitant to sign, he would make another pitch, he even ended up sitting in the room with us as if he were guarding the door, just in case we had second thoughts and changed our mind.

Once the contracts were signed, we still felt uneasy and 6 DAYS LATER we tried to call and opt out of our contract and were told they would get back to us with the status of our app. The next day we got a voicemail stating our app was already processed and “closed” and we could not cancel. WE FOUND OUT LATER CA LAW PROVIDES 7 DAYS TO CANCEL A TIMESHARE CONTRACT! We were told we had 2 weeks if we changed our mind to cancel! This company is full of liars and cheats I would never recommend them to anyone!

Original review: May 28, 2021

I do not understand how Welk Resorts gets away with this! The only way to sell a timeshare is to lie about it & that’s exactly what Welk did to us. My family found itself in a sales presentation back in 2015 and after a bunch of misinformation, false promises & undisclosed documents we bought into their scam. It has been worthless as we pay the fees but cannot ever book anything because of their infinite blackout dates. Looking back, I see the red flags that occurred during our presentation such as not letting us think it over and forcing us to decide “then & there”. We experienced buyer’s remorse immediately. Had they been honest with us about the legal cancellation period, we definitely would have taken advantage of it. To anyone who might find themselves in a Welk presentation, my advice is that you walk away. Do not believe their false promises. You are better off renting at a nightly rate, believe me it will save you thousands!

Original review: April 22, 2021

Please don't buy! High pressure sales. They will tell you to give them the first opportunity to buy back your points before you try to sell them. The truth is you have to sign up once a year for the Owner Release Program. If you're accepted, you have to pay them to get out of your ownership. Welk only accepts 200 applications for the release and this year they took an additional 100. Some of the others were waitlisted for possible release next year. That's over 300 people who want out of their contracts! I didn't make either list and our points have been paid off for years, so it's not like they're getting anything except the maintenance fees.... which are exorbitant!

I have found it very difficult to schedule at any of the resorts for the time frame I wanted. And there are all kinds of rules about how far out you can schedule. It's very confusing and frustrating. We bought ours at Branson. During the tour, you see how many units they have and they were still building more! The hidden truth is, not all those units are available for owner rental. Maybe just 1 or 2 buildings. I have stayed at Welk's in Branson, San Diego and Cabo. All of the units were very nice. The pools were nice. The food selection is limited. It is definitely NOT worth the cost of buying in. You CANNOT get out even if your points are paid for. You apparently CANNOT even just give it back to them. They want you to pay them. And now they've SOLD OUT to another company. DO NOT BE TAKEN IN BY THEIR SALES PITCH. YOU WILL BE SORRY. RUN when they offer you anything!

Original review: April 19, 2021

This company is only out for money!! I bought and paid for an audition in full. Even though my experience was horrible the sales reps do not take NO for an answer.... They then belittle you and act as if you are poor because you won’t buy and then talk down you are unwilling to give your family a vacation or nice things. I went to a “presentation” each time same thing sales reps hassling you to buy and getting mad you saying no. The last time I had used all my points so I decided to skip being talked down to and not go to the presentation. I was told I would forfeit my membership and points but I used mine and wasn’t signing back up. I then got a call the next day they charged my “incidental” card on file 500$ for a no show. I did not authorize this charge and will dispute it. DO NOT BUY AND STAY AWAY. THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY!!

Original review: March 30, 2021

Warning Warning: Please don't buy any timeshare from this place. They are the worse. They present the best way to trick you to buy. Open the Champaign to celebrate your stupidity and this how we bought their Auditions program cost 3000$. There is no open date. There is no customer service, we went to Palm Spring resort (actually this is another lie. There is no resort standard in their hotels). Elevator was not working. So dirty. Bad customer service. PLEASE DON'T BUY. We just put 3000$ on trash. We asked for refund. They didn't even answer and any time we request for booking there is no free time. The over sale. Please don't buy anything here. Bunch of scammers.

Original review: March 25, 2021

While at a baseball game with my husband, I was approached by a Welk rep who was offering a free stay in Las Vegas if we attended their presentation. At the presentation, I was told that this membership would give us the best and cheapest options available to vacation and that we could travel internationally at no additional cost. This all sounded amazing, especially given the champagne they were giving us! There is so much that the salespeople left out during the presentation that we did not learn until after the fact. For example, we were told that this was a tax write-off, yet we have never been able to do so. These employees have never been truthful with us and now that we are in this situation of their making, they will not help us resolve it! What kind of customer service is that?

Welk Resort Group author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Welk Resorts is a company that was founded in 1964 by Lawrence Welk. The company is known for providing upscale, luxury resort and hotel accommodations, and it has properties in Escondido, Palm Springs, Cabo San Lucas and Branson.

• Selection of properties: The properties associated with the Welk Group Resorts are located in destinations known for great activities, landscapes and entertainment.

• Flexible ownership options: The company offers customers a range of ownership options, so they can choose the purchase plan that best works for their schedule and budget.

• Villa rentals: The properties that the company rents are villas, so guests have large size accommodations when they use their timeshare.

• Online fee payments: Welk Resorts offers owners the ability to easily pay their annual fees online, making the process simple and convenient.

• Platinum points program: The company has a platinum points program, which offers users the ability to take advantage of benefits the more they use their timeshare.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Welk Resort Group Company Information