3.0/5 (412 ratings)

About Welk Resort Group

Welk Resorts is a dynamic, growing, and respected leader in the vacation ownership industry. Independently owned and operated, Welk Resorts has built a foundation of innovation and hospitality.

Welk Resort Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

In life, there are 2 types of decisions a person can make. A good decision and a bad one. I made a bad decision by giving my business and putting my trust into Welk Resorts. They have lied and have just committed complete fraud. It is so unfortunate that they have shown their true colors and it is not what I had hoped for. I was told they had access to Disney which was a big lie. How bad does a product and service must be for someone to blatantly lie about everything to get a sale. I really feel bad for Welk because they just seem like they cannot get it together. I have an idea, maybe instead of lying to your customers, you tell the truth. Then, more people can trust you and will have better things to say.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

You’re on vacation but I’m the middle of nowhere and all their “attractions” are out of order. Your room is in disrepair, there is one roll of toilet paper and the toilet paper holder falls off the wall upon touching it. The folding hairdryer won’t stay open and there’s no shampoo, soap, etc. You “get to” cook all your own food and do your own laundry too! No one’s gonna come make your bed or tidy up! Just like home! There’s no Wi-Fi in the bedroom so forget reading the news in bed next to your sleeping spouse. Just like a crap motel! But that’s okay because the walls are paper thin and you can hear everyone on all sides of you at all times. Just like an apartment. And all this could have been ours for $16,000 upfront and then no less than $600 a year to start for the rest of our lives and our kid’s lives and our kid’s kid’s lives. Apparently timeshares become a genetic disorder that stays in your lineage FOREVER.

We did our tour at the beginning of our stay so we kindly asked to read the contract and circle back at the end of the trip after we got to try out the resort. We were told we couldn’t read the contract before signing and if we came back tomorrow in love with the resort and wanted to sign it would now cost $159,000! NOT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL! Nothing to see here folks! So I recommend to everyone sign up for as many timeshare presentations as possible. Get the goodies. And then ask to read the contract and sample the wares! Free vacations for life. With a price tag of free, we got our money's worth! Highly recommended!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I have always heard about the horror stories about timeshares from other people, but I never quite believed the horrible things timeshare salespeople do to others. Because of Welk, I have now experienced these horrors firsthand. I was told I would have the ability to book amazing resorts across the world (including Disney), my timeshare could be inherited by my children, and I’d pay upfront cost for full suites rather than a hotel room, etc. They even went as far as telling me I was able to book using points through RCI to Disney’s Animal Kingdom (A MAJOR REASON WHY I PURCHASED). All these lies showed their true colors very soon after. Unacceptable. Everything I was told was a lie. I am disgusted with the way that Welk does business and I plan on letting the Attorney General know my firsthand experience with their deceptive sales practices. I’ve already researched, and I implore everyone who was deceived by Welk to do the same!

Original review: July 20, 2022

Thanks to these reviews here, we were able to escape a major modern-day calamity of having to pay 54k for the timeshare plus $1500 + a year in maintenance fees for the rest of our lives! They don’t let you keep any papers so you don’t get to keep the evidence of their lies. The rep wrote all these promises like No blackout dates, anytime, anywhere in the world. Every time I said I wanted to look at the paper he had to go get it from another room. Every time I hung on to it to refer to, like during the tour, I eventually end up setting it down on the table, he took it away. In the end he wouldn’t let me keep it or even take a photo of it.

On the paper he said by buying this timeshare, I can get 40-70% off all airlines, rental cars, and cruises. If I lend out this discount to share with my friends, I would get points that can help pay off the yearly maintenance fees. There is no such thing as 40-70% off! He even went as far to say if I change my mind about the family member or friend that gets the said discount, if they are not using it as much, and I get to elect 5 of them, I can change the name. Each of the 5 people I elect would get their own login and password. What a load of detailed crap.

The whole place doesn’t have internet so I wasn’t able to access these reviews until I stepped outside on the balcony. The whole place is booby trapped. From the get-go it’s been designed to keep you there. You park your car at a faraway place and they drive you down in the golf cart. You leave your kids at the Babyroom so you can’t say your kids want to go home. There are no clocks in there, and no evidence of their lies. So pretty much if you sign it you’re a goner, an indentured servant if you will, to pay maintenance fees for the rest of your life. Check on eBay there are plenty of people selling their already paid off timeshare for only $1 just to try to get out of it.

Every time I tried to read the terms and conditions, sales rep number 2 kept talking and showing me on his phone of how easy it is to get the rooms, not even of the website itself off his phone’s browser, but a video he took of his laptop of said website. (Why didn’t he just bring his laptop instead of taking a cellphone video of it? Bad reception in here he said, which is why a renowned company should have at least some wifi in their lounge). Don’t let the “Hyatt” Vacation Club name fool you, they will literally say anything to get you to sign, and they will disappear. Usually sales reps of cars or homes introduce themselves, but our sales rep(s) did not. I had to ask him, and even then he only said his first name, if that is even his first name at all.

In the terms and conditions, there was no mention of the generous 40-70% off all airlines, rental cars, and cruises. There was however, mention that these points cannot guarantee any availability of the timeshare and that there were blackout dates after all. When we asked them about those lines, they said said they have to put something like that there so people can’t just live in them all year round. Their final trick when we said no is that they asked us to sign an acknowledgement that if we refuse this offer this time, if we were to come back the price would be quadrupled to $160,000, according to them the price was going back up due to the pandemic being over.

Original review: July 16, 2022

I made a reservation online a month in advance for a two bedroom suite thru their third party site Vacation Club Rentals. Entered my credit card info and selected to pay in full, the payment wasn’t taken at the time but I got a confirmation it was booked. Two weeks later I misplaced that credit card and had to order a new one. I called Vacation Club Rentals to update the cc info since they hadn’t charged my card yet. The guy informed me that I can’t “modify” my reservation but I can pay for it when I check in. He swore my reservation was secure and would not be canceled. Two days later I receive an email from them stating my card on file was declined (due to being lost) and if I didn’t call to update it within 48 hrs it would be canceled.

So I call again, the lady informs me I need to pay with the front desk of the hotel..I call the hotel and that lady tells me that’s incorrect. They can’t take payments, that I need to call BACK to Vacation Club Rentals..The rude guy (Andrew) at Vacation Club Rentals told me I can’t give them an updated card, wouldn’t let me speak with a manager or anyone else. Denied they sent an email stating to call them to update the payment which I’ve uploaded in this review to prove it was from them. He was so rude and argumentative and condescending.

I can’t believe this is coming from a "hospitality" company. So I call BACK. To the Welk hotel front desk and get another guy named Andrew who says he’s the front desk manager. He says he can help me..What a relief I felt..BUT needed to call me back ..Well he didn’t. And today is 48 hrs now and I’m expecting my reservation to be cancelled. This has been extremely frustrating and I have no clue what to do now. I have 7 people coming to this resort for a family vacation and no one will help resolve this. Plus they’re showing booked now. I’ve traveled all over and NEVER had this type of horrible customer service. Even lower end hotels have been more accommodating than this place.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Welk Resorts fed me lies to get into my wallet! I am very passionate about traveling but it is something I can rarely afford. Welk promised to make this easier for me, but instead made it more expensive and difficult! They reeled me in by offering me a free flight for my attendance at the presentation, but when I went to redeem the voucher, it was no longer valid. The two-hour presentation turned into four hours of pressure, where eventually I signed just to be able to leave. They have ripped me off and lied to me about this entire purchase.

The annual fees keep increasing, the interest rate is through the roof, and I cannot even use the timeshare! I have paid over $6,000 to them so far with NOTHING to show for it! Where is my money going? My maintenance fees have also increased from $1105 to $1300. Why am I paying so much money when I am not even able to use it? They have made it extremely difficult for me to use my timeshare and now my financial security is at risk. I am concerned about my future. Please learn from my mistake!

Original review: May 13, 2022

Welk Resorts is horrible and discriminatory!!! DO NOT do business with this corrupt company. How the government allows them to continue to operate is beyond me! These bullies deceived and fed us lies to get me and my wife locked into one of their timeshares. Their sales employees are disgustingly persistent. Contrary to what they tell you in the sales pitch meetings, THEY ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH DISNEY!!! They can’t offer you any perks and access to Disney parks or resorts! They told us we were eligible for a trip to Japan with airfare included but it was all LIES to get us buy, you can’t use their timeshare in Japan! Their “owner update meetings” are nothing more than just a ruse to sucker owners into buying more points!

They’re constantly trying to get you to upgrade and convince you that you haven’t experienced the best of Welk due to not upgrading. It’s all just a huge letdown and a scam. Don’t waste your money with Welk. They tell you their timeshare is a “tax write off” ...FALSE!!! What’s most vile about Welk is that during one of their garbage meetings their employees kept referring to wife as my husband despite having corrected them multiple times! Our experience with Welk has left us feeling discriminated against and constantly harassed. Not to mentioned scammed and left with tons of debt! Shame on Welk!

Original review: April 15, 2022

We are owners for this timeshare. There are what is called maintenance fees due yearly. They give you an option to pay quarterly or annually. The fees are over 3600$ for what we have. We paid our first quarter, and then when I went to pay the 2nd quarter weeks before it was due I realized they had sent me to collections. I have been unable to access our account for over a month, they have taken payment and neglect to verify or update my account that it has been paid. I have been unable to make reservations and NO ONE will help me within this company. I ask them to please call Meridian who took our payment of over 2000$ and they won't. It feels like we have been robbed. This company needs to be held accountable for their actions. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE/HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Original review: April 6, 2022

My experience with Welk Resorts has been atrocious and I fully regret the day I got involved with their timeshares. I was initially introduced to Welk Resorts after I received a call from them saying I had won a contest. When I went to claim my prize, it was a bait and switch; I found myself in a day’s long sales pitch. Their sales agents are masters of manipulation who not only exaggerate the benefits owning a Welk timeshare but also purposely leave out the details that would make any reasonable person walk right out. It’s shameful to realize what they do to you after you’ve already signed with them. Welk's sales agents led me to believe I was getting a once in a lifetime deal and that they had never seen deals for such a low price… All lies.

They lied about the exclusivity of their resorts. They constantly haggle you to upgrade yet you never see the benefits of it. All their fees continue to increase, and I’ve recently found out I’m in debt to them $110,000. What does it say about a company that does business like this? Don’t believe their lies. The timeshare is hardly usable, availability is scarce and almost always available to non-owners. What is the point of getting sucked into a Welk timeshare contract if you always must pay to use it and have the option to book online? Unless you’re purposely looking to get scammed and deceived, stay away from Welk Resorts. I wasn’t so lucky, and I have had enough. I hope others read this and spread the word about Welk.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I feel for you if you have ever had to deal with Welk. If you haven’t had the displeasure, take this as a warning: My husband and I traded our week with Vistana to stay at a Welk resort. We were roped into a presentation where we made it clear that we had no intention of buying another timeshare. Our salesman gave us information about how Welk’s system worked and how the HOA fees would be every- other- year. He stated the trading power in FL vs. CA was different and we’d be better off owning in CA.

The clincher was that a Welk contract would release us from Vistana because they’d use the Vistana timeshare as a down payment. Well, months later, we still had a Vistana timeshare. When we called to figure out what was going on, we were told Welk never contacted them! What’s worse is now we have 2 Welk contracts. We signed one in person and another that was sent to us later that we thought was the same as the first. Unethical salespeople and company. I’d give no stars if I could!!!

Welk Resort Group author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Welk Resorts is a company that was founded in 1964 by Lawrence Welk. The company is known for providing upscale, luxury resort and hotel accommodations, and it has properties in Escondido, Palm Springs, Cabo San Lucas and Branson.

• Selection of properties: The properties associated with the Welk Group Resorts are located in destinations known for great activities, landscapes and entertainment.

• Flexible ownership options: The company offers customers a range of ownership options, so they can choose the purchase plan that best works for their schedule and budget.

• Villa rentals: The properties that the company rents are villas, so guests have large size accommodations when they use their timeshare.

• Online fee payments: Welk Resorts offers owners the ability to easily pay their annual fees online, making the process simple and convenient.

• Platinum points program: The company has a platinum points program, which offers users the ability to take advantage of benefits the more they use their timeshare.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Welk Resort Group Company Information