3.1/5 (406 ratings)

About Welk Resort Group

Welk Resorts is a dynamic, growing, and respected leader in the vacation ownership industry. Independently owned and operated, Welk Resorts has built a foundation of innovation and hospitality.

Welk Resort Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?

Original review: May 13, 2022

Welk Resorts is horrible and discriminatory!!! DO NOT do business with this corrupt company. How the government allows them to continue to operate is beyond me! These bullies deceived and fed us lies to get me and my wife locked into one of their timeshares. Their sales employees are disgustingly persistent. Contrary to what they tell you in the sales pitch meetings, THEY ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH DISNEY!!! They can’t offer you any perks and access to Disney parks or resorts! They told us we were eligible for a trip to Japan with airfare included but it was all LIES to get us buy, you can’t use their timeshare in Japan! Their “owner update meetings” are nothing more than just a ruse to sucker owners into buying more points!

They’re constantly trying to get you to upgrade and convince you that you haven’t experienced the best of Welk due to not upgrading. It’s all just a huge letdown and a scam. Don’t waste your money with Welk. They tell you their timeshare is a “tax write off” ...FALSE!!! What’s most vile about Welk is that during one of their garbage meetings their employees kept referring to wife as my husband despite having corrected them multiple times! Our experience with Welk has left us feeling discriminated against and constantly harassed. Not to mentioned scammed and left with tons of debt! Shame on Welk!

Original review: April 15, 2022

We are owners for this timeshare. There are what is called maintenance fees due yearly. They give you an option to pay quarterly or annually. The fees are over 3600$ for what we have. We paid our first quarter, and then when I went to pay the 2nd quarter weeks before it was due I realized they had sent me to collections. I have been unable to access our account for over a month, they have taken payment and neglect to verify or update my account that it has been paid. I have been unable to make reservations and NO ONE will help me within this company. I ask them to please call Meridian who took our payment of over 2000$ and they won't. It feels like we have been robbed. This company needs to be held accountable for their actions. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE/HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2022

My experience with Welk Resorts has been atrocious and I fully regret the day I got involved with their timeshares. I was initially introduced to Welk Resorts after I received a call from them saying I had won a contest. When I went to claim my prize, it was a bait and switch; I found myself in a day’s long sales pitch. Their sales agents are masters of manipulation who not only exaggerate the benefits owning a Welk timeshare but also purposely leave out the details that would make any reasonable person walk right out. It’s shameful to realize what they do to you after you’ve already signed with them. Welk's sales agents led me to believe I was getting a once in a lifetime deal and that they had never seen deals for such a low price… All lies.

They lied about the exclusivity of their resorts. They constantly haggle you to upgrade yet you never see the benefits of it. All their fees continue to increase, and I’ve recently found out I’m in debt to them $110,000. What does it say about a company that does business like this? Don’t believe their lies. The timeshare is hardly usable, availability is scarce and almost always available to non-owners. What is the point of getting sucked into a Welk timeshare contract if you always must pay to use it and have the option to book online? Unless you’re purposely looking to get scammed and deceived, stay away from Welk Resorts. I wasn’t so lucky, and I have had enough. I hope others read this and spread the word about Welk.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I feel for you if you have ever had to deal with Welk. If you haven’t had the displeasure, take this as a warning: My husband and I traded our week with Vistana to stay at a Welk resort. We were roped into a presentation where we made it clear that we had no intention of buying another timeshare. Our salesman gave us information about how Welk’s system worked and how the HOA fees would be every- other- year. He stated the trading power in FL vs. CA was different and we’d be better off owning in CA.

The clincher was that a Welk contract would release us from Vistana because they’d use the Vistana timeshare as a down payment. Well, months later, we still had a Vistana timeshare. When we called to figure out what was going on, we were told Welk never contacted them! What’s worse is now we have 2 Welk contracts. We signed one in person and another that was sent to us later that we thought was the same as the first. Unethical salespeople and company. I’d give no stars if I could!!!

Original review: March 17, 2022

I could write pages about how Welk duped me, but for those of you reading this, I’ll try to keep it short. Welk has caused me an extreme amount of stress in the last 4+ years. The sales staff was not truthful when explaining timeshare ownership, because if they were, I would have walked away without ever buying one. The maintenance fees I pay continue to go up annually, which was never discussed as a possibility. This timeshare purchase was never the profitable investment that was promised, all it’s done is leave me with a HUGE debt. A debt that will never pay off even in my personal vacations.

I was lied to about resort amenities and the unit I was buying. I was promised access to the Disney Aulani resort in Hawaii and told only Welk has an arrangement with Disney. Not true. I found there was no affiliation at all. When I am actually able to make reservations, I end up paying out of pocket. If I have to pay per night, why am I throwing away so much monthly?! At every turn, Welk has been proven to be full of liars and I wish I would have never gotten in this position.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Went for a timeshare tour. We didn’t purchase a timeshare but did decided to try their trial or whatever you call it for $1,000 and for 4 night at a Welk of choice. READ THE FINE PRINT.

1. Getting the complimentary gift is like jump through hoop. Mail something in to reserve, they mail it back and say you need a $50 deposit and missing the voucher, call Welk and get invalid number to call, on hold for 1.5 hours.

2. The $1000 4 night at Welk resort also makes you jump through hoops. Says it’s valid for 18 months but can’t book for 6 months (so 12 months). Limited availability when you do book.

Honestly just a pain. More work than we planned for. Spent hours in hold and talking to people who can’t help and ending up at square one.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Shower gets cold after a few. People take shower. Even as the rooms are supposed to accommodate 8 people. We brought the kids for winter break and many of the recreational rooms are closed, and they still charge you a resort fee. This is not nice.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

The sales presentation promises you everything but they have come short in every way. It is hard to book anything leading me to believe they don't have enough inventory. I am usually the 30-40 customer in their queue when I call the 1 800 number. I seriously regret owning this timeshare. The funny part is that they continue offering "owner updates" with the promise to update me with current information and it is only another attempt to sell you more timeshare.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Very few things have been as promised. We find it difficult to schedule any stays. The maintenance fees have gone up $800 in 4 years! Trying to get anything done on the Experience line is impossible which is where we were suppose to get flights, cruises, hotels, etc. We were caller number 67 yesterday! Now when we try to sign in online, it says we need a new sign in number. We called RCI and we’re told Welk no longer uses them so we’ve lost 120,000 points. It feels like Welk is a scam…we knew timeshares weren’t the best investment but felt comfortable with this company. What a shame.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

I have been dealing with Welk since 2015 and it’s been a constant headache. My wife and I were lured into a presentation with free tickets to local attractions. What was supposed to take an hour of our time took all day. We dealt with multiple salespeople who claimed that Welk was a veteran-friendly company, and they love helping Veterans like us. That was an obvious tactic to make us more comfortable. They even went so far as to offer us a “deal that is reserved for Veterans only”. Between the constant contact with several salespeople, the overuse of “helping Veterans” and them not taking no for an answer, we felt extreme pressure to buy.

After finding out about all the lies that were told, it’s clear that they only care about helping themselves, not service members. They took advantage of us, just as they would any other people. We were told that we were investing in real estate, only to find out we purchased intangible points. No one mentioned we could bank points, instead they were wasted when they expired. We didn’t have enough points to go where we wanted even though the salespeople said we’d have plenty to go anywhere we desire. This is a scam, through and through. Especially if you are a service member, don’t fall for their blatant lies!

Welk Resort Group author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Welk Resorts is a company that was founded in 1964 by Lawrence Welk. The company is known for providing upscale, luxury resort and hotel accommodations, and it has properties in Escondido, Palm Springs, Cabo San Lucas and Branson.

• Selection of properties: The properties associated with the Welk Group Resorts are located in destinations known for great activities, landscapes and entertainment.

• Flexible ownership options: The company offers customers a range of ownership options, so they can choose the purchase plan that best works for their schedule and budget.

• Villa rentals: The properties that the company rents are villas, so guests have large size accommodations when they use their timeshare.

• Online fee payments: Welk Resorts offers owners the ability to easily pay their annual fees online, making the process simple and convenient.

• Platinum points program: The company has a platinum points program, which offers users the ability to take advantage of benefits the more they use their timeshare.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Welk Resort Group Company Information