Welk Resort Group

Welk Resort Group Reviews

About Welk Resort Group

Welk Resorts is a dynamic, growing, and respected leader in the vacation ownership industry. Independently owned and operated, Welk Resorts has built a foundation of innovation and hospitality.

Welk Resort Group Reviews

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?
    Contract & Terms

Reviewed May 15, 2023

Owning a real estate investment property with Welk Resort is a joke! Why you ask? Because it’s a TIMESHARE, not an investment property. Availability is scarce and when Hyatt took over, we felt there would be some hope after all. Nope…Hyatt is just as bad, if not worse. We were told we would receive a deed once this is paid off, which only reinforced the fact they were selling us a real estate investment. Another real estate investment queue was that we could rent out our unit for a profit, which in turn would help pay off the loan quicker. If you ever buy a timeshare, a house or any type of real estate, do not let the closing officer have you sign a contract off an iPad because they will skip over the most important financial details, and you won’t find out you’ve been screwed until it’s too late.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2023

This was the worst purchase I have ever made. With no luck, I have tried and tried to reach someone at Welk to help me cancel my timeshare. I was taken advantage of and led to believe that I was purchasing something of value but in reality, it isn’t worth a dollar. It is becoming a financial strain and I keep putting money into it every month but never get anything in return.

There are a lot more reasonably priced and nicer trips that I can go on or I could put that money toward my newborn daughter's future instead of spending it on a timeshare that I won't utilize. Their customer service is poor and you can never get ahold of anyone on the phone that can actually help you or at least guide you on how to surrender your ownership. You are basically trapped in an agreement until someone with authority at Welk decides to let you out. Unfortunately, I haven't come across that individual yet.

Contract & TermsSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2023

Sick and tired doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel about Welk. Since 2018, they have been a constant thorn in my side. I am currently on a mission to cancel my contract since Welk employees have done nothing but lie and manipulate me. The saleswoman I worked with should be fired! The 30 minute tour/presentation went on for hours. Every time I said NO to an offer, I was given a new “better” deal. The sales supervisor even took a shot at me personally by saying I was being “too cheap”. They told me things like - They would make maintenance fees due every other year instead of annually (that never happened).

I was shown a diagram of how the value of my timeshare would increase over the years (there is no monetary value). I could use this timeshare anytime, anywhere (in order to actually use this the way I want, I would have to spend THOUSANDS more on additional points). I was never told about important information like the financial terms or cancellation period. This whole experience has been an absolute nightmare. Welk’s sales division should be investigated and punished for what they do to consumers!

Contract & TermsCoverageStaff

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2023

We have told all of our family and friends and will continue to spread the message here: DO NOT TRUST THOSE WELK RESORT EMPLOYEES! Their salespeople hooked my wife and I on a Reno trip back in 2017 with free show tickets. Mind you, at this time we already owned a timeshare we wanted to get rid of, so we knew we would say no and just get the free tickets. This backfired more than I could ever imagine. We spent about 3.5 to 4 hours declining their advances. That is just plain crazy! I was 67 and my wife was 60 at the time, why would they hold us hostage for that long?

Tired of those four walls, we ended up giving in when they said they would take our Vegas timeshare off our hands if we bought into Welk as a trade in. They threw in a free travel vacation certificate and mentioned all these luxurious spots we could stay if we signed. So, regrettably, we signed and said ‘bye-bye’ to Vegas. Turns out, their promises were not worth a thing—we never were able to book a time for the certificate and all of the luxurious spots required us to buy even more points just to cover our stay.

This happened to us twice again over the next couple of years as we tried our hardest to decline but fell weak to their expert pitches. All this time, we were unable to book!! They did not disclose details about the availability, how we could use it as an “investment”, and flat out LIED about the amount of time we had to cancel. They make everything feel so nice and special like you are their favorite clients ever, and then turn around to ignore you once you hand over the money and sign their contract. Whatever you do, DO NOT trust these people.

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2022

They will rope you in with promises of a 60-minute commitment in exchange for “gifts”. First, they will give you a “survey” which does 2 things. First, it sets up their “pitch” and second, they will ask about where you work to assess your income. They take you on a tour, present this as an opportunity to be “key holders” and as such would have “first choice” of rooms on the property. This was followed by talking about what we could gain access to through RCI. RCI is owned by another company, it is where you “exchange”…This is how they sold us with the promise of going anywhere in the world.

Here is the bottom line, we were trapped for just under 8 hours and fed lie after lie. This is not real estate, this cannot be “left to your children” without them being burdened to with continuously rising maintenance fee year after year. LIES AND MANIPULATION PURE AND SIMPLE! 4 employees brow beat us for hours, saying this was a one-time deal; if we didn’t purchase it today, it would never be available to us again.

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2022

In life, there are 2 types of decisions a person can make. A good decision and a bad one. I made a bad decision by giving my business and putting my trust into Welk Resorts. They have lied and have just committed complete fraud. It is so unfortunate that they have shown their true colors and it is not what I had hoped for. I was told they had access to Disney which was a big lie. How bad does a product and service must be for someone to blatantly lie about everything to get a sale. I really feel bad for Welk because they just seem like they cannot get it together. I have an idea, maybe instead of lying to your customers, you tell the truth. Then, more people can trust you and will have better things to say.

Contract & TermsPrice

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2022

You’re on vacation but I’m the middle of nowhere and all their “attractions” are out of order. Your room is in disrepair, there is one roll of toilet paper and the toilet paper holder falls off the wall upon touching it. The folding hairdryer won’t stay open and there’s no shampoo, soap, etc. You “get to” cook all your own food and do your own laundry too! No one’s gonna come make your bed or tidy up! Just like home! There’s no Wi-Fi in the bedroom so forget reading the news in bed next to your sleeping spouse. Just like a crap motel! But that’s okay because the walls are paper thin and you can hear everyone on all sides of you at all times. Just like an apartment. And all this could have been ours for $16,000 upfront and then no less than $600 a year to start for the rest of our lives and our kid’s lives and our kid’s kid’s lives. Apparently timeshares become a genetic disorder that stays in your lineage FOREVER.

We did our tour at the beginning of our stay so we kindly asked to read the contract and circle back at the end of the trip after we got to try out the resort. We were told we couldn’t read the contract before signing and if we came back tomorrow in love with the resort and wanted to sign it would now cost $159,000! NOT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL! Nothing to see here folks! So I recommend to everyone sign up for as many timeshare presentations as possible. Get the goodies. And then ask to read the contract and sample the wares! Free vacations for life. With a price tag of free, we got our money's worth! Highly recommended!

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2022

I have always heard about the horror stories about timeshares from other people, but I never quite believed the horrible things timeshare salespeople do to others. Because of Welk, I have now experienced these horrors firsthand. I was told I would have the ability to book amazing resorts across the world (including Disney), my timeshare could be inherited by my children, and I’d pay upfront cost for full suites rather than a hotel room, etc. They even went as far as telling me I was able to book using points through RCI to Disney’s Animal Kingdom (A MAJOR REASON WHY I PURCHASED). All these lies showed their true colors very soon after. Unacceptable. Everything I was told was a lie. I am disgusted with the way that Welk does business and I plan on letting the Attorney General know my firsthand experience with their deceptive sales practices. I’ve already researched, and I implore everyone who was deceived by Welk to do the same!

Contract & TermsSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed July 20, 2022

Thanks to these reviews here, we were able to escape a major modern-day calamity of having to pay 54k for the timeshare plus $1500 + a year in maintenance fees for the rest of our lives! They don’t let you keep any papers so you don’t get to keep the evidence of their lies. The rep wrote all these promises like No blackout dates, anytime, anywhere in the world. Every time I said I wanted to look at the paper he had to go get it from another room. Every time I hung on to it to refer to, like during the tour, I eventually end up setting it down on the table, he took it away. In the end he wouldn’t let me keep it or even take a photo of it.

On the paper he said by buying this timeshare, I can get 40-70% off all airlines, rental cars, and cruises. If I lend out this discount to share with my friends, I would get points that can help pay off the yearly maintenance fees. There is no such thing as 40-70% off! He even went as far to say if I change my mind about the family member or friend that gets the said discount, if they are not using it as much, and I get to elect 5 of them, I can change the name. Each of the 5 people I elect would get their own login and password. What a load of detailed crap.

The whole place doesn’t have internet so I wasn’t able to access these reviews until I stepped outside on the balcony. The whole place is booby trapped. From the get-go it’s been designed to keep you there. You park your car at a faraway place and they drive you down in the golf cart. You leave your kids at the Babyroom so you can’t say your kids want to go home. There are no clocks in there, and no evidence of their lies. So pretty much if you sign it you’re a goner, an indentured servant if you will, to pay maintenance fees for the rest of your life. Check on eBay there are plenty of people selling their already paid off timeshare for only $1 just to try to get out of it.

Every time I tried to read the terms and conditions, sales rep number 2 kept talking and showing me on his phone of how easy it is to get the rooms, not even of the website itself off his phone’s browser, but a video he took of his laptop of said website. (Why didn’t he just bring his laptop instead of taking a cellphone video of it? Bad reception in here he said, which is why a renowned company should have at least some wifi in their lounge). Don’t let the “Hyatt” Vacation Club name fool you, they will literally say anything to get you to sign, and they will disappear. Usually sales reps of cars or homes introduce themselves, but our sales rep(s) did not. I had to ask him, and even then he only said his first name, if that is even his first name at all.

In the terms and conditions, there was no mention of the generous 40-70% off all airlines, rental cars, and cruises. There was however, mention that these points cannot guarantee any availability of the timeshare and that there were blackout dates after all. When we asked them about those lines, they said said they have to put something like that there so people can’t just live in them all year round. Their final trick when we said no is that they asked us to sign an acknowledgement that if we refuse this offer this time, if we were to come back the price would be quadrupled to $160,000, according to them the price was going back up due to the pandemic being over.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 16, 2022

I made a reservation online a month in advance for a two bedroom suite thru their third party site Vacation Club Rentals. Entered my credit card info and selected to pay in full, the payment wasn’t taken at the time but I got a confirmation it was booked. Two weeks later I misplaced that credit card and had to order a new one. I called Vacation Club Rentals to update the cc info since they hadn’t charged my card yet. The guy informed me that I can’t “modify” my reservation but I can pay for it when I check in. He swore my reservation was secure and would not be canceled. Two days later I receive an email from them stating my card on file was declined (due to being lost) and if I didn’t call to update it within 48 hrs it would be canceled.

So I call again, the lady informs me I need to pay with the front desk of the hotel..I call the hotel and that lady tells me that’s incorrect. They can’t take payments, that I need to call BACK to Vacation Club Rentals..The rude guy (Andrew) at Vacation Club Rentals told me I can’t give them an updated card, wouldn’t let me speak with a manager or anyone else. Denied they sent an email stating to call them to update the payment which I’ve uploaded in this review to prove it was from them. He was so rude and argumentative and condescending.

I can’t believe this is coming from a "hospitality" company. So I call BACK. To the Welk hotel front desk and get another guy named Andrew who says he’s the front desk manager. He says he can help me..What a relief I felt..BUT needed to call me back ..Well he didn’t. And today is 48 hrs now and I’m expecting my reservation to be cancelled. This has been extremely frustrating and I have no clue what to do now. I have 7 people coming to this resort for a family vacation and no one will help resolve this. Plus they’re showing booked now. I’ve traveled all over and NEVER had this type of horrible customer service. Even lower end hotels have been more accommodating than this place.

Price

Reviewed June 23, 2022

Welk Resorts fed me lies to get into my wallet! I am very passionate about traveling but it is something I can rarely afford. Welk promised to make this easier for me, but instead made it more expensive and difficult! They reeled me in by offering me a free flight for my attendance at the presentation, but when I went to redeem the voucher, it was no longer valid. The two-hour presentation turned into four hours of pressure, where eventually I signed just to be able to leave. They have ripped me off and lied to me about this entire purchase.

The annual fees keep increasing, the interest rate is through the roof, and I cannot even use the timeshare! I have paid over $6,000 to them so far with NOTHING to show for it! Where is my money going? My maintenance fees have also increased from $1105 to $1300. Why am I paying so much money when I am not even able to use it? They have made it extremely difficult for me to use my timeshare and now my financial security is at risk. I am concerned about my future. Please learn from my mistake!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed May 13, 2022

Welk Resorts is horrible and discriminatory!!! DO NOT do business with this corrupt company. How the government allows them to continue to operate is beyond me! These bullies deceived and fed us lies to get me and my wife locked into one of their timeshares. Their sales employees are disgustingly persistent. Contrary to what they tell you in the sales pitch meetings, THEY ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH DISNEY!!! They can’t offer you any perks and access to Disney parks or resorts! They told us we were eligible for a trip to Japan with airfare included but it was all LIES to get us buy, you can’t use their timeshare in Japan! Their “owner update meetings” are nothing more than just a ruse to sucker owners into buying more points!

They’re constantly trying to get you to upgrade and convince you that you haven’t experienced the best of Welk due to not upgrading. It’s all just a huge letdown and a scam. Don’t waste your money with Welk. They tell you their timeshare is a “tax write off” ...FALSE!!! What’s most vile about Welk is that during one of their garbage meetings their employees kept referring to wife as my husband despite having corrected them multiple times! Our experience with Welk has left us feeling discriminated against and constantly harassed. Not to mentioned scammed and left with tons of debt! Shame on Welk!

Reviewed April 15, 2022

We are owners for this timeshare. There are what is called maintenance fees due yearly. They give you an option to pay quarterly or annually. The fees are over 3600$ for what we have. We paid our first quarter, and then when I went to pay the 2nd quarter weeks before it was due I realized they had sent me to collections. I have been unable to access our account for over a month, they have taken payment and neglect to verify or update my account that it has been paid. I have been unable to make reservations and NO ONE will help me within this company. I ask them to please call Meridian who took our payment of over 2000$ and they won't. It feels like we have been robbed. This company needs to be held accountable for their actions. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE/HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 6, 2022

My experience with Welk Resorts has been atrocious and I fully regret the day I got involved with their timeshares. I was initially introduced to Welk Resorts after I received a call from them saying I had won a contest. When I went to claim my prize, it was a bait and switch; I found myself in a day’s long sales pitch. Their sales agents are masters of manipulation who not only exaggerate the benefits owning a Welk timeshare but also purposely leave out the details that would make any reasonable person walk right out. It’s shameful to realize what they do to you after you’ve already signed with them. Welk's sales agents led me to believe I was getting a once in a lifetime deal and that they had never seen deals for such a low price… All lies.

They lied about the exclusivity of their resorts. They constantly haggle you to upgrade yet you never see the benefits of it. All their fees continue to increase, and I’ve recently found out I’m in debt to them $110,000. What does it say about a company that does business like this? Don’t believe their lies. The timeshare is hardly usable, availability is scarce and almost always available to non-owners. What is the point of getting sucked into a Welk timeshare contract if you always must pay to use it and have the option to book online? Unless you’re purposely looking to get scammed and deceived, stay away from Welk Resorts. I wasn’t so lucky, and I have had enough. I hope others read this and spread the word about Welk.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 25, 2022

I feel for you if you have ever had to deal with Welk. If you haven’t had the displeasure, take this as a warning: My husband and I traded our week with Vistana to stay at a Welk resort. We were roped into a presentation where we made it clear that we had no intention of buying another timeshare. Our salesman gave us information about how Welk’s system worked and how the HOA fees would be every- other- year. He stated the trading power in FL vs. CA was different and we’d be better off owning in CA.

The clincher was that a Welk contract would release us from Vistana because they’d use the Vistana timeshare as a down payment. Well, months later, we still had a Vistana timeshare. When we called to figure out what was going on, we were told Welk never contacted them! What’s worse is now we have 2 Welk contracts. We signed one in person and another that was sent to us later that we thought was the same as the first. Unethical salespeople and company. I’d give no stars if I could!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2022

I could write pages about how Welk duped me, but for those of you reading this, I’ll try to keep it short. Welk has caused me an extreme amount of stress in the last 4+ years. The sales staff was not truthful when explaining timeshare ownership, because if they were, I would have walked away without ever buying one. The maintenance fees I pay continue to go up annually, which was never discussed as a possibility. This timeshare purchase was never the profitable investment that was promised, all it’s done is leave me with a HUGE debt. A debt that will never pay off even in my personal vacations.

I was lied to about resort amenities and the unit I was buying. I was promised access to the Disney Aulani resort in Hawaii and told only Welk has an arrangement with Disney. Not true. I found there was no affiliation at all. When I am actually able to make reservations, I end up paying out of pocket. If I have to pay per night, why am I throwing away so much monthly?! At every turn, Welk has been proven to be full of liars and I wish I would have never gotten in this position.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2022

Went for a timeshare tour. We didn’t purchase a timeshare but did decided to try their trial or whatever you call it for $1,000 and for 4 night at a Welk of choice. READ THE FINE PRINT.

1. Getting the complimentary gift is like jump through hoop. Mail something in to reserve, they mail it back and say you need a $50 deposit and missing the voucher, call Welk and get invalid number to call, on hold for 1.5 hours.

2. The $1000 4 night at Welk resort also makes you jump through hoops. Says it’s valid for 18 months but can’t book for 6 months (so 12 months). Limited availability when you do book.

Honestly just a pain. More work than we planned for. Spent hours in hold and talking to people who can’t help and ending up at square one.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2022

Shower gets cold after a few. People take shower. Even as the rooms are supposed to accommodate 8 people. We brought the kids for winter break and many of the recreational rooms are closed, and they still charge you a resort fee. This is not nice.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2022

The sales presentation promises you everything but they have come short in every way. It is hard to book anything leading me to believe they don't have enough inventory. I am usually the 30-40 customer in their queue when I call the 1 800 number. I seriously regret owning this timeshare. The funny part is that they continue offering "owner updates" with the promise to update me with current information and it is only another attempt to sell you more timeshare.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2022

Very few things have been as promised. We find it difficult to schedule any stays. The maintenance fees have gone up $800 in 4 years! Trying to get anything done on the Experience line is impossible which is where we were suppose to get flights, cruises, hotels, etc. We were caller number 67 yesterday! Now when we try to sign in online, it says we need a new sign in number. We called RCI and we’re told Welk no longer uses them so we’ve lost 120,000 points. It feels like Welk is a scam…we knew timeshares weren’t the best investment but felt comfortable with this company. What a shame.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2021

I have been dealing with Welk since 2015 and it’s been a constant headache. My wife and I were lured into a presentation with free tickets to local attractions. What was supposed to take an hour of our time took all day. We dealt with multiple salespeople who claimed that Welk was a veteran-friendly company, and they love helping Veterans like us. That was an obvious tactic to make us more comfortable. They even went so far as to offer us a “deal that is reserved for Veterans only”. Between the constant contact with several salespeople, the overuse of “helping Veterans” and them not taking no for an answer, we felt extreme pressure to buy.

After finding out about all the lies that were told, it’s clear that they only care about helping themselves, not service members. They took advantage of us, just as they would any other people. We were told that we were investing in real estate, only to find out we purchased intangible points. No one mentioned we could bank points, instead they were wasted when they expired. We didn’t have enough points to go where we wanted even though the salespeople said we’d have plenty to go anywhere we desire. This is a scam, through and through. Especially if you are a service member, don’t fall for their blatant lies!

PriceStaffProcess

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2021

What a joke Welk Resorts are. My husband and I could never recommend Welk to anyone after the deception and mistreatment we endured. We were approached at Six-Flags by one of their reps and were offered a free vacation to Hawaii… IF we went to their presentation. The rep said we had to leave our credit card information for the future booking as a deposit. Well, when we could not attend the presentation, they charged us $50! (This should have been the first red flag). Upon inquiring about the charge, I was told the money would be given back if we rescheduled.

From the time we entered the presentation, we were bombarded with lie after lie. We knew nothing about this product and were very hesitant. The reps prey on people like that. We reluctantly signed up for the “audition” program. After that, we booked a vacation and when we check in, a rep tells us we must go to yet another presentation or we would be FINED!!! After FIVE HOURS in this second meeting, we became full owners.

Unfortunately, nothing they told us was true. There is no cancellation option like they said there was, and the points are useless when you can never get a reservation. If you do ever get one, there’s always a mandatory meeting where the reps push you into another upgrade. This is quite a scheme they have going. It should be illegal to do business the way they do. I sincerely hope that my story saves another person from the frustration my husband and I deal with constantly.

PriceStaffProcess

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2021

My wife and I went to a Welk presentation in Escondido in 2014. The presenter learned that I am a veteran and my wife, and I were both in school. She kept pushing the family narrative and made comments like, “How much would it mean to your children to have memories of amazing vacations”. Obviously, that would be fantastic, but we told the presenter that our finances and schedules would not allow for it. During the 4-hour presentation, we were sold on a dream. We were shown beautiful rooms and given false information.

This membership was sold as an investment in real property rather than a timeshare. We were promised equity that would only increase so we could resell our “asset” or gift it to our children. None of that is true. There is no property, equity, or value. What’s worse was the promise of recovering our costs through renting the property out and being part of a buyback program. We thought that with those 2 options, we had a way to deal with things if it became a financial burden but those were just more lies!

As if these things were not bad enough, we always have problems with availability. We went over 2 years without being able to reserve anything. We were never able to rent out points because the program didn’t exist! That was the major selling point. If we knew we could not offset the cost, we NEVER would have gone through with this! This has become a financial albatross.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2021

My husband and I were approached by preview reps at the Acura Grand Prix in Long Beach. They sparked our interest because they mentioned they were a Timeshare and that they aren’t ‘your traditional timeshare’. We agreed to book a tour and a stay at a discounted rate (1 night at a sister hotel for $79 right then and there) after they talked to us about Welk might wanting to buy our current timeshare and offer one of their packages. We asked if they had a brochure or what the sister hotel looked like. The reps looked it up on their phone and showed us what to expect. We asked if there was availability at the Welk Resort where the Tour would be as there were photos of that right in front of us on the table and we thought it would make more sense, stay at the Resort we’re going to be touring in hopes of becoming Timeshare owners.

This was out of the question as the preview reps expressed that they don’t have availability. We then continued to look at the sister hotel on our phones and thought ‘What the heck? Let’s try it!’. We are BlueGreen owners and we were thinking, ‘Why not check what else is out there?’. We were also persuaded by the gifts they promised for our taking the time to drive to Escondido for the tour. My husband and I thought it wasn’t a bad move - small staycation with our daughter, a possible Timeshare upgrade, and a freebie. Not bad, right?

Sadly, we were wrong. The preview reps at the Grand Prix assured us that our daughter could go to a child care center on site while we attend our tour. Fast forward to our small staycation, we are pulling into the driveway of the Lakeshore Resort (sister hotel) in San Marcos and we are made aware that we can not attend our Tour because our daughter isn’t potty trained and the policy at the day care on site at Welk is that children must be fully potty trained and not in pull ups. We were disappointed because we then had to rebook our Tour, take off work another day, and pay for a babysitter for the day. We chalk it up to a minor miscommunication error. At our stay at Lakeshore, because we weren’t gonna drive two and half hours back home. We were assured we can keep our room for the night. We checked into the resort and we’re given for lack of better words a dirty, old, and out of date hotel room.

The sister hotel, Lakeshore, had put us in an old building and nothing like the photos online. The walls had large dents from moving furniture or furniture that must have been dragged across the wall leaving a dragged dent at least 15 feet in length. The walls looked and felt like they hadn’t been wiped since I don’t know when. Just by putting your hand on the wall you can feel the layer of dirt on your fingers. The TV remote and light switches needed to be wiped down as they were noticeably filthy and the same as the wall dirty to the touch. All the furniture (the table, night stand, chairs, and entertainment dresser) was beat up and just deserved an upgrade. We had a made come wipe down the wall, light switches, and remote.

A week later, we come back for our tour. We have the most amazing, down to earth, funny Tour guide Dylan. He made everything easy to understand and we had a great day with him. Information wise everything sounds almost exactly the same compared to our other timeshare. We leave the preview center to go on our tour and I pass a couple who has a stroller with their daughter who is maybe 2 or 3 years old playing on her pad. I immediately start thinking, ‘Hmmm… that’s interesting. They told me my daughter could accompany my husband and I on the meeting.’ I shake it off. We finish touring the rooms and we head back to the preview center and I can’t make this up, two other families both with strollers, both with 2-4year old children (I am estimating and comparing to my daughter's height and stature) and are upstairs with parents talking to Tour guides (one child on coloring and the other eating a snack).

At this point I am very angry. I excused myself from my table to go to restroom and lo and behold I run into a mom with their baby in the restroom. I ask her how old is her daughter she says, two. I comment on the selling tactics and she says, ‘Yeah, my husband and I don’t want to buy. We’re just here for the gift’. I get back to my table and it’s apparent that I am bothered. My tour guide Dylan asks us if we want to look at numbers and I tell him my thoughts about the miscommunication. Of course he’s confused and doesn’t know what to say to me so he suggests a feedback card. I express my wanting to leave and at this point I don’t care about the gifts. He says, "Ok, let me get you the sign out sheet."

Dylan comes back with a salesperson Alex. Alex is very direct and tells my husband and I that our current ownership is ‘worthless’ and that THEY would be ‘doing us a favor’ by selling us a package with Welk. He continues to tell us that our Timeshare isn’t any good, we were gullible to buy with BlueGreen, we obviously don’t know anything about our timeshare package, real estate, trading power, or the value of money. I tell him he’s coming off very aggressive and rude. He leaves us with a sly comment about my husband's watch and how we must go on a ton of Timeshare previews - insinuating we are taking advantage of the whole Timeshare system. He extends his hand to shake goodbye and I tell him ‘walk away, don’t touch me’.

We then must wait for the gift we are promised and I express to my husband and Dylan that I don’t care about the gift, I’m gonna leave. Another salesman comes to our table and explains to us our gift and that if ever we do look to purchase they offer a sampler package and would love to sell us one. His name was Eric and he was nice. We then left with our gift, 4 hours later. We get home 3 hours later, and pay our babysitter for 9 hours ($170) of watching our daughter from 9:00 - 6:00. Something I didn’t even have to do since parents brought their unpotty trained kids to the meeting with them. Something I was told twice, by two different reps (AJ and Tamara) was not possible.

On my drive home I couldn’t help but feel discriminated against, since the three other families with small children were all ** and obviously had rules bent for them. I also thought the comments from Alex were out of line and had I not remained professional and composed, I might have been arrested for the way I wanted to act towards Alex. This is what I know in my experience with Welk, they don’t have universal policy for guests/potential owners, they treat you nice and respectful until you raise concern, and they lie.

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2021

Beware of this scam! Do whatever you can to separate yourself from this company's poor ethical behavior. They will do everything they can to try to steal your money. The sales team uses fake "tours" as a way to get you to listen to a presentation about a timeshare. Tricking customers is HIGHLY illegal and I will be working with a firm to get protection of those who have been affected by this scam.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2021

Since Welk wants us to share our experiences I think it’s very important everyone here knows what mine has been. Starting with the first presentation in 2015 our experience has been horrendous- we have STILL not been to take a vacation using our membership, the representatives are rude and unhelpful- the only "help" offered is through attending another meeting to address our concerns- but all they try to do sell more! This con has cost us approximately $60,000- and NO VACATIONS! 20 years of Service in the Navy and I still can’t vacation with my wife. Thanks to the heinous misrepresentation of this company. CONSUMERS BEWARE!!! Lawrence Welk himself supported and appreciated the service of the troops, it seems Welk Resorts, however, does not!

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2021

I had to have a name change on title. I submitted all paperwork and paid all fees. They said it would take 6-8 weeks. It's been over 3 months. Nobody will call or write back. Not even sure the company is still in business. Beware of this company. They have not been honest since day 1.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

My husband and I took a free 2-night -3-day vacation, as long as we sat through a presentation. We agreed that we would take the trip, but we wouldn’t be purchasing. This “short” presentation took 5 LONG HOURS of being pressured by multiple salespeople. Every time we said we couldn’t afford it; they came back with more affordable options. They got us excited about the real estate investment they were offering by feeding us lie after lie until we purchased.

A few months later I inquired with our accountant about the real estate being claimed on our tax return and I was told that we couldn’t file it on our taxes as it is NOT real estate, which directly contradicts the sales pitch we sat through! Owner’s updates are only a ploy to get owners to buy more points. After declining the sales pitches at our last “owners update” our rep got visibly upset and left the table, and after he returned, he said we could leave but the free gift we were promised was no longer available to us. HOW PETTY IS THAT!?

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

We were approached at the LA Beer Festival by booth workers, they offered us a complimentary round trip to Hawaii in exchange we would need to come to a timeshare presentation, so we agreed to attend. On the day of the presentation, we traveled from San Fernando Valley to Temecula, and we arrived early in the afternoon. The salesperson laid a deal in front of us showing us all the places we could go if we decided to take the deal in front of us. The more hesitant we looked the more the salesman talked. 8 HOURS of this man talking we were mentally exhausted we were ready to go so we accepted the offer. The salesman walked us to the room to sign paperwork and every time we looked hesitant to sign, he would make another pitch, he even ended up sitting in the room with us as if he were guarding the door, just in case we had second thoughts and changed our mind.

Once the contracts were signed, we still felt uneasy and 6 DAYS LATER we tried to call and opt out of our contract and were told they would get back to us with the status of our app. The next day we got a voicemail stating our app was already processed and “closed” and we could not cancel. WE FOUND OUT LATER CA LAW PROVIDES 7 DAYS TO CANCEL A TIMESHARE CONTRACT! We were told we had 2 weeks if we changed our mind to cancel! This company is full of liars and cheats I would never recommend them to anyone!

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 28, 2021

I do not understand how Welk Resorts gets away with this! The only way to sell a timeshare is to lie about it & that’s exactly what Welk did to us. My family found itself in a sales presentation back in 2015 and after a bunch of misinformation, false promises & undisclosed documents we bought into their scam. It has been worthless as we pay the fees but cannot ever book anything because of their infinite blackout dates. Looking back, I see the red flags that occurred during our presentation such as not letting us think it over and forcing us to decide “then & there”. We experienced buyer’s remorse immediately. Had they been honest with us about the legal cancellation period, we definitely would have taken advantage of it. To anyone who might find themselves in a Welk presentation, my advice is that you walk away. Do not believe their false promises. You are better off renting at a nightly rate, believe me it will save you thousands!

Welk Resort Group Company Information