3.1/5 (398 ratings)

About Welk Resort Group

Welk Resorts is a dynamic, growing, and respected leader in the vacation ownership industry. Independently owned and operated, Welk Resorts has built a foundation of innovation and hospitality.

Welk Resort Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welk Resort Group?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Got the week we wanted where we wanted with excellent help from agent. This was a bonus week from purchase of points while in Cabo San Lucas last May. Our first use of the Collection properties. May use another property in the collection this summer.

Welk Resort Group response

We're thrilled to hear this, Robert!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

During a visit last year we were locked out due to code changes in our lockout and main bedroom. Apparently when a stay excites the normal 7 days the front or backend days cause a change in code. It was a nuisance but there must be a way to fix it. The manager was nice about it after the 2nd time and fixed it. Otherwise, the accommodations were terrific!

Welk Resort Group response

Thank you for your review, Bruce!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Our stay was fabulous however we went there Cabo Welks wanting to become owners but the sales lady we had was not professional. She was in a hurry to get off work and get to her husband and kids. We felt very rushed and did not get the information we were looking for. Sadly we did not buy. We would love another opportunity to go back another time for a better sales experience and enjoy our stay.. Thank you.

Welk Resort Group response

Hello, Lorena. We appreciate the feedback on your recent stay, as it truly helps us grow and improve as a company. We would like to ensure you that we will escalate this to our management team to be addressed internally, and we hope to have the chance to host you again in the future for a flawless visit.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Very nice inside and outdoors. Grounds are very clean. Golfing is great on either course. We go stay at least once a year with our family and visit the zoo and lots of other great things to do in San Diego also.

Welk Resort Group response

Thank you for this wonderful review, Debbie!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

It was yet another year with wonderful service where we rarely had to ever leave the resort. The only item we would ever even with for is a connection from the main hotel to the entertainment/restaurant building that wasn't outside. We always visit in November for the Daniel O'Donnell concerts and it's usually pretty cool to push mom's wheelchair over to breakfast and/or dinner. Maybe even just even a plastic barrier to cut the wind but allow the view to remain.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Very good place to stay and enjoy the grounds. Excellent breakfasts make it so much better. The quiet rooms are a big plus. Staff is very helpful and respond to all questions. Thanks for a great visit to the area. Keep up the good work and the smiles.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Updated on 01/06/2020: I am an owner and had a reservation. I needed to cancel and was charged $50 to cancel plus I lost half of my points I had used for this reservation. When we purchased the timeshare, I do not remember being told it would be $50 to cancel and on top of that lose half of my points. At most hotels you can cancel within 24-48 hours with no penalty which makes me feel that the Welk Resort is just being greedy. I feel you purchase in good faith, but as time goes along they keep adding new rules that you never agreed to when you purchased. Is this legal? Once I posted this, weeks later I received your email asking me to call them which I did. But no one knew who I should be talking to because it was a number for all Welk Resorts.

I was transferred to the front desk of the San Diego resort where they had no idea who I should talk to. They said they would send an email to the Corporate Office asking them to reach out to me because they were not allowed to transfer calls to that office. I said okay but was not satisfied at all. I was frustrated with the cancellation process, and now frustrated again because they act like they reached out to discuss the matter but did not bother to give me a person to call, just a number of all resorts which was next to no response. It makes me feel they are just being greedy and trying to avoid reaching out but want it to seem like they are being helpful. Very unhappy with them at this time.

Original Review: I needed to cancel a stay at your resort that I had reserved. I knew there was a charge to cancel. What I did not realize was that I would only get back half of the points. I don't ever remember being told that before. I think that is a little too much to pay $50 to cancel and then to lose half the points on top of that. I cancelled because we were coming down to play golf and with the upcoming rain, there really isn't a lot to do at the resort if you can't play golf. I was just disappointed that we lost half of the points we had used for the reservation.

Welk Resort Group response

Hi, Sue. We would like to look into this further. Please give our team a call at 1-855-455-9355.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

We live high in the San Bernardino mountains and there was a terrible storm. Our original stay was only supposed to be until the 29th. The mountain roads were closed, we couldn't get home. The lovely woman we called managed to get us three extra days. We were so grateful.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Good quality lodgings and we were comfortable. The small one bedroom in the new buildings has a shower that is not safe as it is in a tub that is hard to enter. Recently we stayed at Big Cedar. Good lodging, but the kitchen was smaller and not as well equipped. We liked the decor. Believe we’d like to use RCI again for stays.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Great place to stay once a year. I look forward to visiting the Welk Resort every November. The weather is nice and I have met some great people. The farmers market is my favorite thing to do. Meeting all of the vendors and eating great food is also the best.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

The staff members at Welk Resort are very knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. Our room was clean and ready on time. Even the slightest issue was handled quickly and expertly. We had a wonderful week, including an unexpected low score on my golf game.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I already did this. I will add I learned a lot at Leo’s meeting on RCI and it will be very beneficial. I always enjoy myself out there. All of my family have been there and like it but prefer Colorado because it’s closer and they can ski.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

It’s always a very nice experience whenever we stay at the Welk Resort in Escondido! We enjoy the onsite activities (golf, hiking, water aerobics and pickle ball), location, weather and friendly staff. The shows are always amazing. This time we saw Addams Family. It was a very funny musical comedy with a talented cast.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Very nice place to relax and enjoy nature. It’s like a second home. I would recommend it to everyone. Very friendly staff and don’t forget to go to pizza place. Very good food. Full kitchens with bbq at pool. Really nice property.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Excellent--No Problems--Thanks. Like the idea that all we have to do is walk to the show. The rooms are nice and clean. The beds are great. The food was good and did not have to drive to go eat. Service was excellent. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Very happy with everything and would highly recommend Welk to all our friends. Keep up the great work. We really enjoy coming to California. It is tough to pick our favourite between Escondido and Cathedral City. Both have different attractions and we enjoy our visits very much. The staff at both places are very friendly and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I truly enjoyed my experience at the Welk Resort, the staff was nice and there were lots of things to do! We stayed for two nights and were able to do an escape room and the chocolate factory. The only two things I would change is: The walls in the condo were EXTREMELY thin, we could hear the people in the next room incredibly clear. We were in the green section, which I was told will be renovated next, so if that could be remedied, the condos would be perfect. Lastly, I would also say give people a chance to buy the Trail for 60-90 days. I know that once my situation changed, I would have LOVED to buy a trail because I would be interested in coming back and I was not given the opportunity to purchase after that moment.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I don't have my ID nbr with me right now. I enjoyed my trip and the girls did very well with responding to my questions. The facilities were great and easy to get in and out. The ease of scheduling is great.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My stay at the Welk Resort was very pleasant. Every staff member was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was always delicious and plentiful. One of the shows was at the Resort and it was a great show and everything at the theater was well organized. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Welk Resort.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

We love our Welk Resort at Escondido. It cannot be compared with five star hotel. We feel like home. It's family oriented, cozy, relax and safe environment with lots of features, include market, restaurant, fast food, theater, farmers market, shop and many activities for kids and younger ones. Great customer service. I would recommend it to everyone.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Everything was great with check in. Had to leave a day early due to death in family. Two minor problems with room, sliding patio door needs a lock! NOT a piece of PVC pipe! Sliding closet door would not open. Tickets purchased through Welk were in order and ready to pick up prior to check in time! We Love Timber Ridge!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Cathedral City. We had a great time at this resort. The pool area is great, snack bar, too. Everything is well kept, clean, and ALL of the staff are helpful and friendly. It’s close to downtown Palm Springs, and all the activities. We’d definitely stay here again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

We have been Welk members for almost 8 years and are very happy with our experiences. The staff at both the Cabo San Lucas and San Diego locations are exceptional and always make us feel at home! We cannot wait to visit the other locations in the Welk Collection!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

The stay was wonderful, dinner at the restaurant was great, had fun at golf and the escape room was great fun. The grandchildren enjoyed the pool. All in all it was a super weekend. Looking forward to visiting in the future.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

After our recent visit, which was nice, we were told we weren't getting our deposit back. First it was because we didn't attend mandatory meeting but we'd been told that there wasn't enough staff so we didn't have to. Then we were told it was because our payment was late but it wasn't. You need to modernize your systems. No one seemed to know that a payment had been made the day prior unless I told them it had. Also, when we first signed up, it was supposed to be automatic payment, that never went in effect.

Welk Resort Group response

We're concerned about your experience and would like to look into this further. Please give our team a call at 1-855-455-9355.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I enjoy the positive energy when I visit Welk Northstar. From the shoulder season to the holidays it's nice to have options when we are there. I especially enjoy the itinerary they have each day for families with young kids.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I always have a very relaxing and good time at Welk. Beautiful villas and beautiful clean pools. I enjoy my stays and hope to be spending time with Welk for many years to come. Keep up the good work and fun activities. Friendly staff, too.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

The room was nice, clean, quiet and comfortable. The registration and check-in process was easy. The location of the resort was great in terms of the activities we had planned in the area. The amenities included in the resort met all our needs. The only negative was the height of the bathtub entry...it was too high!

Thank you very much! We hope to have you back again very soon.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

The grounds at the Welk Resort are well cared for and very attractive. Rooms are well maintained. We would like an exhaust fan in our bathroom during showers. Requested a main level room and got it. Meals were very tasty at the resort. The Peter Noone Show was excellent. Being able to park, eat, have our room and go to the show all at one location is what keeps us coming back to the Welk Resort. Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much! We hope to have you back again very soon.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

We purchased a timeshare through Welk Resort after attending a seminar and given information about the program. The program itself sounded great especially because they had mentioned that it now included Disney properties as their partner. Once we were given access to the owners lounge (after 7 day cancellation period), we attempted to start reserving our vacations in 2020.

This is where we started finding out about the inaccuracies of the presentation. 1. Disney properties are only available to tiered members that typically have a large amount of points. 2. We were told we should be able to book several vacations throughout the year with 180,000 points. 1 week in Cabo for a small 1 bedroom would use all the points. The only way you would be able to maximize these points would be to stay locally on one of their properties like Escondido or Palm Springs. 3. They show you a booklet of all the RCI properties around the world, once you get access to the RCI platinum website you will see that the properties are limited.

I’m assuming this is because of all the other timeshare owners that have booked way far in advance. My conclusion is that this program is not beneficial for a new owner. It would be difficult to find destinations you want to go to because you are competing with other owners for certain dates throughout the year.

Welk Resort Group Company Information