2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

2.2/5 (221 ratings)

About Vacations To Go

Vacations To Go Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Me and family got a package from Vacation To Go to La Hacienda Dominicus. This place is terrible. They don't clean the rooms. They have one jacuzzi, never was on service and was green, very nasty. They have 7 restaurants which Vacation To Go offer, but when I was there they only open a restaurant for breakfast and one for lunch, buffet nothing else. The other restaurants remain close all the times, food was terrible, nasty, water is the worst. People got sick, we got sick for 5 day all my member of my family, and many other people. Please avoid to go to this place.

They are no ready to open to the public, the only thing they want is your money, but the service is terrible, all inclusive mean food, drinks and entertainment but be careful with this because is only a lie. La hacienda only offer one type of beer (president) the other beers are for member of prestige package, restaurants close all times, only buffet morning and night same food for 10 days. A big mistake. Jacuzzi close, cafe shop close. The staff member follow you all day to sell the prestige package what a nightmare. This place is dead at 6 pm, nothing to do. The small town is nothing there. The manager of the hotel is terrible person and Vacation To Go only lie. They promises many things but when you get to the place is a different reality. Please don't go there or you will came back with a stomach virus.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Lina. We're truly sorry that the resort did not meet your expectations, and was such a disappointment. We always want our customers to be happy with the resort they chose and the service they received during their stay. I see that you spoke to one of our managers upon your return, and he forwarded your feedback to the resort supplier. We are still waiting to hear from them. I've asked one of our managers to contact you as soon as possible to discuss this further. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

My husband and I booked a trip of a lifetime for us. My birthday and our Anniversary. Had dinner on beach and sunset cruise paid for tonight. $320.00. All our paperwork said 7:20 flight. Called Tuesday evening. Checked time. Arrived hour early and flight was at 6:40/45 am. Called not willing to do anything but check with hotel. Really almost $4000. Trip and can't reimburse me anything. So upset. Crying all morning.

Vacations To Go response

Thanks for writing, Natalie. We're truly sorry that you missed your flight. Airlines recommend that you arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to your departure for international flights, and reconfirm your departure time within 24 hours from departure. We know this is a disappointing start to your vacation and we hope that you can reschedule your dinner and sunset cruise for another day. We truly hope you're able to arrive safely and enjoy the rest of your birthday & anniversary vacation.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Used VTG to book a14 day Caribbean Seabourn Cruise... They were amazing. The agent we used was helpful and very honest; even got a postcard from him... Chester. He got us a better price than we could actually get booking with Seabourn Cruise lines... Even for their previous cruisers and the discount they receive.. VTG was still less expensive with some really nice ship credits... more than others we had spoken with... Chester even let us know our suite number within two weeks of booking. He informed us that our ship credit would not show up on our account until day two of our cruise. I had to contact VTG during our cruise and Chester was quite helpful in answering my questions. I would definitely use VTG again! Suzanne

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to write & share your experience, Suzanne. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed working with Chester and that you were so pleased with the price and amenities secured for you. Great customer service is a top priority for us and I'll make sure that Chester and his managers see your kind words about his service. Please let us know when you're ready to travel again. I know Chester looks forward to working with you in the future and we truly appreciate your business.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

This company is fairly reliable to me. I have booked 2-3 cruises over the past few years and for the most part everything has been as described. They are quick to reply to questions and the one issue I encountered they resolved with 1 phone call. To me, the area this company shines with is the website. I really like their search feature. It doesn't have all the advanced features I would like but it has more than most sites. If I was to grade this company they would come in at like a solid "B-".

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments about our service and our website, Shelton. We appreciate your business through the years and while we want every booking experience to be issue-free, we're glad it was resolved quickly for you. We are regularly adding new features and content to improve the site, and are open to hearing what additional search features you would like to see. Thank you again and we hope we can continue to meet your expectations in the future!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I have been using this agent since 2012 and they have been outstanding on every occasion. These people complaining about refunds / being stranded abroad even though they didn't book their flights with v2g / lack of responsiveness / being issued a FCC even though they didn't request a refund from the cruise line need to take some individual responsibility and understand this is nothing to do with the agent. The refund comes from the cruise line, who are in a financial crisis.

I would never dream of complaining to Vacations To Go about my airline not helping me. I would never complain about lack of responsiveness even though the cruise lines have provided the mechanisms online to request a cash refund on their websites and let customers serve themselves due to the workload involved in administering this process. I would never take a FCC knowing full well that the cruise line has offered a refund and all I need to do is complete a form online like a responsible adult to request this. How about people provide some support to a company that is consistently excellent and is working in extremely adverse market conditions. People really need to grow up and learn to help themselves. Thank you for 8 years of outstanding service and I hope your business recovers soon.

Vacations To Go response

Christopher, we thank you for your many years of business and loyalty to Vacations To Go. We truly appreciate your kind words and support during this unprecedented event. We are encouraged by the support and encouragement of customers like you and appreciate you taking the time to leave such positive feedback. We look forward to working with you again once ships are sailing again and we hope that until then, you and your loved ones stay safe and well. Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I'm entitled to a full refund which I requested in May. First the agent said it would take 60 days. When the 60 days was up she said it would take 90 days. We're over 90 days and still no refund. This has gone on for too long.

Vacations To Go response

Stacia, I appreciate your frustration over the delay in getting your refund and wish there was more we could do to expedite this process. As an agency, we too are being told different time frames as more cancellations take place. We were originally told it would take 30-60 days, with a few cruise lines taking 90 days. Now most cruise lines are telling us that it's taking up to 90-120 days to process refunds. I truly hope the cruise line processes your refund soon. We appreciate your patience.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I have been on several cruise ships and I used Vacations To Go almost every time I booked. I have had a couple of good sales reps throughout the years. During the time of COVID-19 I have been assigned and re-assigned several reps. Ryan ** has been the best so far. I believe he has several years of experience and he knows his stuff. It doesn't hurt that he is very pleasant to work with; well mannered and he calls you back promptly.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your years of loyalty and business, Christopher. We truly appreciate you, and especially your patience and understanding through this unprecedented event. Vacations To Go thrives on the goodwill between loyal customers and our excellent travel agents. It's been very difficult, amid the impact of this pandemic, to see so many such relationships disrupted. We're so glad to hear that Ryan has taken such wonderful care of you and we hope you and your family stay safe and well.

Original review: July 26, 2020

We booked a tour to Spain and Morocco. Trip was cancelled in Spain (COVID). Everyone else was helped by their booking agents (AAA, Costco...). VTG DID NOTHING! They didn’t even help us get a refund or credit when we returned. They didn’t answer calls or emails. We had to do it all on our own! I have been a loyal customer for over 6 years but who needs an agent who doesn’t help you when you’re stranded? Never again!!! I’d have been better off booking with AAA or Costco because they helped their customers!

Vacations To Go response

We're sorry Collette canceled the remainder of your tour mid-trip, Marilyn. The customers that booked airfare through Collette were assisted on site. Your air was not booked through Collette or Vacations To Go, and I'm sorry if you felt we were of no assistance. Collette offered a refund for any unused portions of your trip and we contacted Collette upon your return to verify your refund amount and that no additional steps were needed to obtain it. If you haven't received it, please let us know.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I booked a Greek island cruise schedule to depart April 2020. The cruise was cancelled due to Covid. I was trying to contact the original agent who was assigned to book the cruise but he is no longer with the company. The new representative responded a few times regarding my cruise but stopped responding when I requested for a refund. The company Vacations To Go sent an email regarding getting a voucher for future cruise but never received one. This company is a scam! They haven’t responded to several follow up emails I sent. All calls are being referred to the agent you are assigned to and others will not help you. I also left several messages but no return calls.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Evelyn. We apologize for any lapse in communication. Due to COVID-19, we had thousands of cancellations and customers needing assistance and a very limited staff working under stay-home orders. Pullmantur cancelled your sailing on March 18 and only offered a Future Cruise Credit to all impacted passengers, not a refund. Unfortunately, any decision regarding compensation, or making exceptions to the existing compensation offers, is entirely up to Pullmantur. I'm very sorry.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I have used them previously, however, in this Covid 19 thing they are not taking the role of being consumer advocates, more the line of protecting the company treasure chest. I called when the news became obvious that we were in the high risk no sail group and the person I spoke with was not the person I had been dealing with (it is very hard to contact your initial contact person or "vacation specialist"). I spoke with another person who basically cancelled my cruise for four and now I am told my only option due to the way VTG handled me is to get a FCC (future cruise credit) from the company Royal Caribbean - they are very hands off now and I am out 4K.

I thought a travel agent was an advocate, they are not. Vacations To Go will refer you to the cruise line directly for any problem. Apparently if you carefully read what they are doing for you (nothing) they are merely a place to get quotes on prices. I will say once you report a complaint, the next time you call the phone disconnects during the conversation-both on land line and by cell phone, very strange. I do not have this problem normally, maybe they need a new phone system.

Vacations To Go response

I'm very sorry you're upset with the way your cancellation was handled, Ruth. At the beginning stages of this, we were working with a very limited staff under stay-home orders and were experiencing very long hold times. I do apologize for your difficulty in reaching us. Our team members are trained not to cancel any reservation without the approval of the passenger. If you'd like to provide me with your booking number, I'll be happy to look into this further. Thank you for writing.

Vacations To Go Company Information