Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.87/5

182 Vacations To Go Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

I have taken cruises in the past. My experience with the run of the mill travel agencies is that they do not respond well after being paid. I have given Vacations To Go 4 stars instead of 5 stars only because nothing is ever perfect but my experiences have been good. Remember booking a cruise, a hotel, a tour, or anything is actually the obligation of that company directly involved with the service. Is it possible that a previously reputable company that Vacations To Go used is no longer reputable. Absolutely.

My recent personal experience was that I found it more personable and professional working with Vacations To Go vs Royal Caribbean International. Responses for detailed itinerary were that "Our systems do not provide the information you are requesting." Contacting Vacations To Go and requesting the same information, provided me with the details I wanted, a deep and broad description of the deck and room location chosen and responses to all of my questions. Keep in mind that Vacations To Go is a travel Service providing the best answers available from their vendors. I will continue using their services, and realize that all my prior complaints were with bookings directly from the cruises who are merely booking agents for shore excursions for a fee. That's my two cents. And thank you Vacations To Go for past vacations with the hope that future ones will be as enjoyable with your professional guidance.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Michael. We're glad to hear that you've had good experiences with Vacations To Go in the past and we appreciate your fresh perspective to travel and all its moving parts! We do hope we have the opportunity to work with you again soon and earn that 5th star! Thank you again for your business and kind words.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Vacations To Go has some excellent features. I have taken two cruises booked through Vacations to Go, and four cruises booked directly with the cruise line. What does Vacations To Go provide that the cruise lines don't? Their excellent, all encompassing website. There, you can input all the requirements of your cruise. You input the dates, length of cruise, location. And their website gives you a list of EVERY cruise line meeting your needs. Unbiased. You can then scan them all and make your choices, no obligation. THEN you can book with them or go to the cruise line direct. The two cruises I booked through Vacations To Go went well, but nothing special. I believe you can get the same discount prices through the cruise line but of course you can check for yourself.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your kind words, Bill. Our rates are always at least as low as the cruise line's, but many times we are able to negotiate additional discounts, onboard credits or other perks for our customers. You'll also receive unbiased guidance from our travel counselors, a single contact trained to assist you in every situation, promptly answer your questions and make sure your cruise is a wonderful experience. We do appreciate your business and hope that you'll continue to give us a try!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have used Vacations To Go numerous times over the years and most recently in November 2018. I've had nothing but great service from their reps and never felt screwed over. All interactions have been helpful, professional and ended up saving me money. Most of the negative reviews that I have read have nothing to do with VTG, but more to do with the tour operators or cruise lines. This company has worked hard to provide the best vacations for the best price and does not deserve their name to be sullied. My wife and I will be using Vacations To Go again... as soon as I can afford another all-inclusive trip to the Caribbean. They are our trusted travel partners!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words, Michael. We sincerely appreciate that you trust us with your travel plans and are glad that you're taking advantage of some amazing deals. Great customer service is very important to us and I'm thrilled to hear that our travel counselors are providing that to you. Thank you for your continued business and loyalty and we look forward to helping you plan your next all-inclusive in the Caribbean!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Like others I am surprised by the poor experiences. We have taken at least 5 Alaskan Cruises through VTG (usually from the 90 day ticker) and could not be happier with the experience. The reps have always been professional and helpful. The cruise is just as advertised and most times we end up getting bumped to a better room when we check in. We do know there are additional port fees and taxes so are not upset that the final price is more than the posted rate. This is common through most travel companies so should not be a surprise. Last summer we took my 82 year old mother which meant a room for 3 and Jed was a wonderful help. We are thinking of booking another cruise to Norway this April through VTG. We recommend this company constantly to friends. VTG is out to go to place for cruise arrangements.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Debra! We are so glad to hear that you are consistently receiving great service from Jed and all of our travel counselors and that you are taking advantage of the great deals offered on the 90-day ticker! We'd love to help you plan your Norway cruise in April so please feel free to give Jed a call, or if you prefer, any agent can assist you. Thank you again for your business and referrals through the years. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2018

Half serious about that cruise with Mr. Alan **,.....cheers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I'd give Mr. Alan Fox's Vacations to Go Travel Agency five stars except that I don't want anyone to think this was in any way machine generated or a "plug". Here is an unsolicited email I just sent to a VTG manager after 10+ cruises: "I would very much like to commend Ms. Kaitlyn ** for her devotion to her customers, to Vacations to Go and to the travel industry! For many years now, and on numerous cruises, she has looked out for us in optimizing our experience in terms of cabin selection, cruise tips, and OB credits. Helpful even in generously handing off business to her fellow colleague in the escorted land tours division for their expertise once.

"More importantly, when things didn't go right, as in our delayed flight and missed connections, she stayed with us, actively calling to assist, hand-hold, coordinate and facilitate our successful alternate and unique solution. That's commitment! That's why you need a great travel agent! And that is why she is, 'A Great Master Travel Agent!' Many Thanks to you, Kaitlyn." As you see, as I have, their prompt and helpful efforts to respond and resolve even the complaints below, know that this is a responsible, accountable and helpful service. Well worth it in my opinion.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to share your letter with us, Turner. We are so glad to see that Kaitlyn has delivered incredible service each time you've traveled and that she is consistently dedicated to making all your trips memorable and stress-free. We value you as a customer and know that Kaitlyn looks forward to working with you again very soon! Thank you for your business and loyalty to Kaityln and Vacations To Go through the years!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 25, 2019

Book a cruise directly with the cruise ships. Never use Vacations To Go because they have stock answers for everything, they are deceptive and lie just like the cruise lines do. But if you book directly with the cruise lines then you will be able to speak with someone who may care that you have booked 20 cruises with them and may actually try to resolve your problem. Vacations To Go does not want to waste an hour calling the cruise lines. Today I spoke with a supervisor at Vacations To Go and she was snarling at me. She refused to call the cruise lines to try to deal with my issue. She wouldn't resolve my problem, couldn't be bothered. So my advice is BOOK DIRECT WITH THE CRUISE LINE. if you have a problem they can't try to send you to a lazy person unwilling to help. Might as well save one extra layer of the prevention of customer service.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing! I'm very sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you've had. I'd like to investigate this further, but I don't have enough information to locate you in our system. If you don't mind, please send us a private message with your booking number, your name, or the agent or supervisor you spoke to. Our team of supervisors are happy to call the cruise line on your behalf or be your advocate in any way that we can. We hope to speak to you soon. Thank you.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 22, 2019

I was booking a cruise and the price they advertised had 2 separate prices: one was their price and the other was a Florida Resident price. When booked they couldn't find anything about the price, even though it was on their website: so the higher price was charged - like a bait and switch/false advertising. Then there was a onboard credit and of course that was the same they didn't know anything about it. I offered to send them a picture - they refused of course - so that wasn't given another, false advertising.

Vacations To Go response

Thanks for writing, Fay. We're sorry the price you were interested in was not available. Our prices come directly from the cruise line electronically and must be verified when you call. The agents you spoke to should have reported the error to our web team so they could update our site with accurate prices and it appears they did not do that. For that, we truly apologize. We never intentionally leave an unavailable rate on our site. We value your business and apologize again for the frustration.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I wanted to send you this email to outline our three excursions we booked with you on our recent Alaskan Cruise and how utterly disappointed and disgusted we were.

1. Mendenhall Glacier and Salmon Bake. $230.00 USD. We arrived at the port and were put on a bus which dropped us off at the Mendenhall Glacier parking lot. We were left there and told to return to the bus in 1 and 1/2 hours. We walked for over a mile to see the Glacier and the falls and returned to the bus. We were then dropped off at the Salmon Bake parking lot. We stumbled into the Salmon Bake area and were told we were suppose to be introduced and welcome by the staff on the bus before being allowed to enter the actual meal area. We were lucky they allowed us to eat. For $230.00 USD we were driven for 15 minutes to a parking lot and then to another parking lot and had a 30 dollar meal. Are you kidding me. We could have taken public transit to the Glacier parking lot and the Salmon Bake lot and paid the 40.00 to eat. A complete and utter rip off.

2. Skagway City and White Pass Summit-100.00 USD. Here we arrived at port and were put on a bus. We waited for 35 minutes and then travelled for 1 hour in complete rain and fog to the summit of the pass and then turned around and came back in rain and fog. No stops, no sight seeing. Nothing. I mean nothing. We saw rock and trees. Coming from British Columbia, trust me we know what rocks and trees look like. Again another complete waste of time and a utter rip off.

3. Saxman Native Village and Ketchikan City Tour-118.00 USD. You saved the worse excursion and biggest rip off for the last. We were loaded on a bus and taken to a building where a lady sat on a log and talked for a few minutes on totem poles. We then were taken to a open area beside the road and looked at the ocean. From there we went to the company parking lot and looked at more ocean and then walked down a muddy road to look at a slow moving creek.

The driver kept talking about wildlife and kept warning us about bears. Every few feet he said “oh that is where a bear might have sat in the grass”. No tour, no wildlife, nothing. I have seen more wildlife at home in our backyard because we have a squirrel that comes into our tree occasionally. From the muddy road we were taken to the Saxman Village, but were told we were not allowed in it or to actually visit the village. We walked on a public street and were shown some totem poles in a public area. No actual visit to the village, no actual totem pole demonstrations. Nothing. I mean nothing. From there we walked back down the public street to the parking lot and then back to the port. This was a complete waste of time and the biggest rip off of them all.

For $448.00 USD we were given maybe $80.00 value. We have travelled a lot in many countries and on many excursions but never, and I mean never have we been so defrauded and ripped off and misrepresented. We will never and I mean never use Vacations to Go again, and I will make it my life’s mission to warn everybody I know to never use Vacations to Go or their excursion service. I suspect what you do is actually illegal and should be reported. I will try my best to share this letter on every media device possible. You should be ashamed and embarrassed about how badly you treat people, but I suspect you will just take the money and run.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing and making us aware of your disappointment with the shore excursions you purchased, Doug. We want our customers to be happy with all aspects of their trip and I understand that you're already working with one of out supervisors who has reached out to the excursion provider for a resolution. We apologize again for your frustrating experience and appreciate your patience while we await their response. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My husband and I had booked our first cruise with Vacations To Go on 2007, since then we went on 15 or more cruises with the company. We have used different agents every single time since I don’t keep record of their extensions, but every single time we had friendly and professional agents.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your review, Manchun! We sincerely appreciate your kind comments, and we are so happy to hear that you have received such great service from our travel counselors over the years. Thank you for your loyalty and your business. We look forward to assisting you with your vacation plans for many years to come!

Original review: June 10, 2019

My husband I have booked with Vacations To Go for our honeymoon cruise 2 years ago and now an Alaskan cruise for my husband, myself, and my mother-in-law (2 rooms booked onboard for Alaska). We have gone through Danilo for our bookings and it doesn't seem like there is any effort to make our vacations extra-special or reason to keep us as customers. We haven't been offered any onboard credit or other offers for using Vacations To Go for our honeymoon cruise or the Alaskan cruise we have coming up, when local travel agents typically include a bottle of wine/champagne or on-board credit for using them. Our Alaskan cruise is in 2 weeks and after emailing Danilo about any on-board credit or other offers available as this is our second booking with them, he responded with "I have been monitoring the sailing, unfortunately nothing at this time. You will always see the best offer on the front of the Fastdeal."

After looking at responses from Vacations To Go on Consumer Affairs website, I found this response from Vacations To Go on March 12, 2019: "Our rates are always at least as low as the cruise line's, but many times we are able to negotiate additional discounts, onboard credits or other perks for our customers." Yet, we haven't received any of these perks. In addition, we had to find out on our own about renting cabanas onboard and had to ask him to include my Holland America passenger number into the booking as it wasn't initially in there. In the future, I don't see any reason to continue booking with Vacations To Go.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Angela. As you mentioned, many times we are able offer additional discounts or incentives to book, although not every time, and we are very sorry that we were not able to do so on your particular sailings. We do value you as a repeat customer and hope that you have a wonderful trip.

Vacations To Go Company Information