Vacations To Go

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have used Vacations To Go for multiple cruises, both ocean and river. The service is adequate but not exceptional. We have had some minor glitches that have been resolved prior to departures. It is important that you carefully check your confirmation as soon as you receive it so that corrections can be made. I like their website as it allows me to compare cruises to the same destinations. I have found pricing to be the same through VTG as opposed to going directly to an individual cruise company. However on their website I am able to compare cruises and costs side by side to find a good value for my money. I will continue to use Vacations To Go for booking cruises.

I booked a group cruise that consisted of 5 suites and 10 people. Unknown to the group VTG added people to our group and rooms without consent. So now we have to share some of the rooms with complete strangers that no ones knows. This was an all girls trip. That was planned 18 months ahead of time VTG never even let anyone know about this we found out when we boarded!!! All VTG said we could do was cancel and book new rooms at double the rate for inside only rooms when we had balcony room to start with or share our rooms with these strangers. They just could not understand what the problem was and just asked if we could just be nice and get along for the 10-day cruise. When we called the cruise line VTG told them the same thing that they had a recording with us giving permission. We were out everything.

I booked at least ten cruises with VTG. I encountered only one problem and it was not their fault. Most of the snafus are from the cruise lines, the airlines, hotels etc. So far I will keeping booking with VTG. They always get me a good deal.

I recently a booked a cruise on the Westerdam from Fort Lauderdale to Rome. The prices listed on Vacations to Go were unbelievably low for a suite. When I called to book it, the VTG agent double checked the prices were correct for a suite. I carefully went over with him what was included in the suite. On each item, he assured me it was included.

After the cruise was fully paid for, I checked the room category and it wasn't what I was told I was booking. I called vtg and the agent told me I must be mistaken, everything I asked for was included in the suite I booked. He assured me twice. Then he called back to tell me he was mistaken, those items weren't included. It would be an additional $2500, more than the original cost. When I suggested we split the difference, an offer I thought was generous, the vtg agent got back to me and said they had a tape of the day I booked the cruise where the agent told me those things I asked for were not included.

Since he admitted twice that he had told me they were, I asked to hear the tape. He said he didn't know how that could happen. Because of my husband's health requirements, we need the suite, so I paid the extra money. I have used Vacations To Go before and have been satisfied sometimes and other times not. I keep swearing I won't use them again, but keep going back. However, they have finally won. I will never use them again.

For the last three days I've been receiving cold calls from them, even though I have no interest in cruising. Last night they called again at 1:30 AM on a "do not call" line using an anonymous number. Any company who does this is very suspicious, and likely on the verge of bankruptcy. I would not use them to make a booking, nor would I ever give these scammers my credit card number.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

In September 2016, I booked a trip for Los Cabos. They gave me one month to pay the cost approx. $4,900+. I paid. We were set to leave on 12/22/16. Delta canceled our flight. We lost a whole day of vacation. (May I also add how incompetent Delta Airlines is... The morning of our cancelled flight, we waited 2 1/2 hours to retrieve our luggage, which never came. Decided to leave and go eat breakfast and came back 2 hours later and still no luggage. They told us in Delta baggage office, it would meet us at our destination. However, my husband's blood pressure meds were needed. It took them more than another hour (+) to find our luggage and when we did get our bags THEY WERE MARKED TO FLY TO CANCUN!!! Also out $40 for return transportation but I digress).

It is the end of January 2017. We have yet to hear about a reimbursement for time lost. There was ABSOLUTELY NO EFFORT made to get us to our destination and to extend our trip by a day would come out of our pocket and the resort would charge us $690 and Delta offered us $495. Generous, right? (Dripping Sarcasm) I'm looking to go to Costa Rica in December and I will NEVER USE DELTA nor Vacations to go ever again based on my first and last experience with both. OH, and BTW, Delta wanted to give us a voucher to be used ONLY with Delta. Good for them. Not good for me. They demanded cash up front two full months in advance. I think I'm due a cash reimbursement, what do you think? Will this negative review spur Vacations to Go/Delta Vacations to respond. I guess time will tell and I am willing to remove the complaint should I be satisfied.

I used Vacations To Go last year to go to Aruba for my husband & I's 10 year wedding anniversary. The website itself is very user friendly & I was contacted in the amount of time per the website. A gentlemen by the name of M.J ** called me & was so helpful, friendly & accommodating. I had even called him back a few times for questions. He always got back to me in a timely fashion, answered my questions & made sure I understood everything he explained. It was a great experience & I just booked a family vacation to Disney. Thanks for making my vacation planning easy & enjoyable Vacations To Go!

I wanted to share my experience with ScapeToVacations. They invited me to an all inclusive vacation in Cancun to stay for 5 nights and 6 days in Gran Caribe Resort. They kept calling me and finally I bought the voucher in Oct. When I called in Nov, I was told to call up in Dec. Dec I called up and then I was told to call up in Jan. Now in Jan, the agent on the call is proposing resorts which are 3 star and not the 4 star. This has been the most poor experience so far and I will not recommend you guys to anyone in future.

I booked a cruise from Fort Lauderdale and spent some time with a VTG agent fussing about my cabin and whether the view was obscured by a lifeboat. I'd rather have slept INSIDE the ** lifeboat than where she put us. The room she chose was DIRECTLY above the discotheque which banged away until 2 am often. We could not sleep until they closed it down. I am a mature citizen -- why don't they and Holland America put drinkers/dancers in rooms like that? Now here's the point. VTG just want to sell you a room and don't give a ** about your welfare. IF the VTG agents were properly trained they would know the structural aspects of all cruise ships and where the noise zones are. I've been on about six cruises and NEVER had this kind of problem before. WHO DESIGNS a ship that way! IDIOTS is the answer.

SO please don't book a cruise on the HA KONINGSDAM anywhere below the sixth floor or you run this risk. My husband reviewed the floor and believes that AT LEAST 20 rooms would be badly affected on the fourth floor of this stupid ship! (It's new, CARNIVALIZED and CANNIBALIZED and not nearly as cool as HA cruises used to be). I informed Mr Alan Fox of VTG about our awful experiences and all I got was his reassurances that they'd help us book our next cruise. There was NO discussion about safeguarding future passengers. As a matter of fact I got so my platitudes from them, I think I was dealing with some junior who just spends all day typing pablum responses. DO your own research -- you have to protect yourself -- these people just want your order, that's it!

I have worked with Vacations To Go for years booking cruises and always had a great experience until lately. I am finding they are advertising false cruise fares to get customers to call and then do not have the prices anywhere near what they advertise. I am done with Vacations to go!!!

This company falsely advertises its jobs. I personally know someone that worked 72 hours a week for 4 straight weeks and his/her pay check was only $900. I was told you cannot afford to take a day off because you have to be available when your customers call for you. On the customer side I called and was left on hold for over 20 minutes, I finally hung up and booked my own cruise directly with the cruise line, and actually saved more money. A friend of mine booked with Vacations To Go and then could never get a hold of his agent to ask questions and make changes (but they are supposed to be available when you call).

I booked cruise to Europe with Costa with Vacations To Go. I was told my cruise would cost me £4600 British pounds. However when it came to paying the whole dynamic changed. It then became more than £5129. I was told by Megan ** that was because of the exchange rate. I told them to listen to my telephone conversation. Despite that they still lied and carry on with their lies. This is from booking operator to vice president. I was told that my call were also listen by the company's vice president and he too is not going to change my price plan. I explained that I am traveling with my family and had budgeted certain amount for this holiday but they were not negotiable. I now have also paid for all my flights and cannot get refund from Vacations To Go or flights company. I am very disappointed with their attitude and total dishonesty. I would never book again with them.

My suggestion is be very careful about working with these folks. I got a bid on a cruise to Alaska in late August 2017 (nearly 1 year in advance). The bid made it sound like the offer was a very good. They also said cabins in the category that I requested were very scarce. The deal offered was no better than what Princess was offering on their website. Over half the cabins in the category quoted are still available. Many cabins were available on the Starboard side of the ship on a Northbound cruise. I actually have a cabin reserved from what seems a very good agency. I wanted to see what "vacations to go" would come up with. Many other other travel agencies have much better deals and would not be so shady.

This company charges everyone different prices and give different on board credit. Seems they make it up as they go. We have a small group that booked and we all were given different prices and different amounts of on board credit. Seems to be an ongoing thing there. Shady, very shady. I would use cruises only if I ever book another cruise.

Consumer Increased Rating!

This was the wrong company but it won't let me delete it.

Catlin of Muncy, PA on

Original Review

I got this and was told I only paid a deposit of $198, then when I scheduled my cruise I had to pay another $294 for taxes, fees, and fuel charges. Also I was told I could upgrade to an ocean view for an additional cost. I did this because I don't like interior rooms, they are too small. Total came to $563 and change. I just got my travel confirmation and I am NOT in an ocean view, it is an interior. I called and said this isn't what I was told and they said "well we can look for an ocean view for an additional charge." I said no I've already paid and I am not paying again. In addition when I paid the $563, 2 days later somebody charged my credit card to the tune of approx. $200 in Florida. I find it ironic that I hardly ever use this card and it's used 2 days later in the same state.

I saw a fast deal for a hotel advertised for$ 41.70, wrote down the fast deal number and called them. They claimed it was no such deal and tried to charge me $101.00. This is called bait and switch! The customer service team would not honor the price which was still being advertised at the $41.70 rate. Wow. I will never use this company again.

I have purchased a ocean view cabin for my cruise to Alaska with Vacations To Go. The salesperson Tiger ** advised that ocean view is obstructed. I requested none obstructed view. She charged me additional $200.00 for the upgrade. When arrived to my ship, I find out that cabin did not had any window, but only a porthole. She have also told me that there would be $25.00 on board credit from Vacations To Go. That was not true either. This salesperson Tiger ** defrauded me. Anyone who traveled knows that porthole is lesser category than even obstructed ocean view. I have paid and upgraded to Unobstructed ocean view. So she doubled down her fraud plus undelivered on board credit. Shame on her. There was no misunderstanding. She was deliberate in her actions. Needless to say I am utterly disgusted.

Just spent 3 hours planning a trip that was advertised on-line by Vacations To Go "all inclusive" to Ixtapa, MX. Planned the flight with American Airlines then called Vacations To Go to lock in the dates and fare quoted which said includes: 1 room, meals, drinks and activities for a mountain view room. When I called Vac. to Go, I was put on hold for a long time then was told they would call me back. Got a call in about 15 min. to say that was an error for all the various dates I checked on as it was ROOM ONLY - NOT ALL INCLUSIVE. I've used this company in the past, but this is the last time. Could you call it "bait and switch"?

Just checked a cruise for 2018 with a so called discount of 50% from Vacations To Go. I received their quote and then checked the cruise website’s advertised brochure price. The Vacations To Go price was a few hundred Aussie dollars cheaper than the listed price on the website. When I queried the pricing I was told that the 50% discount is off the initial brochure listed price. Hello this cruise is in July 2018 so the brochure price would not have gone down that much since first listed. All I can say here is check your prices well before booking with this company as I feel their brochure pricing and discounts are overstated. As their website is updated daily the brochure price should represent the CURRENT website price for that cruise followed by their discount. Otherwise it is very deceiving.

We have now booked at least 10 cruises with Vacations To Go and have found them to be fantastic. Our cruise consultant Brenda could not be more helpful.

We have saved many thousands of £'s booking with them. And you can get your deposit back up to 90 days before sailing if you change your mind for ANY reason. We have another 33-night cruise booked for 2017 and we saved at least £2000.

This was my moms first time booking a cruise and I feel as though Vacations To Go use that as an advantage to get extra Money out of her pocket!! Things should have been explained better to her. Also these sites should be about helping people pay Less not makings and finding ways for them to pay More! I suggest no one use these Guys???

Do not book with Vacations To Go. I paid over 5,000 and booked three cabins and because I had to make changes to my booking more than 15 days before we cruise they took over 1,400 from me, took away my large ocean view room and cramped 4 people in a room with no windows. I was told it would be investigated; however, the owner had the supervisor call me to say that I should have understood the changes. They made me pay for my son twice because he went from one room to the next a room already paid as well. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM, PLEASE THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT WORKING CLASS PEOPLE. I'm looking for others that had the same problem or any problems. We can get together and focus on changing policies or looking more into this company. I travel on May 21 and will be looking for other to help me in this fight.

Was told on the phone that part of the deal was a free stay in Vegas with my family -- Turned out not to be true, we were charged an extra $40. The "free" cruise certificate we received had approximately $350 worth of fees attached to it and was only good for certain weeks. (We ended up booking directly through Carnival for the same price and got a better room and the week we wanted.) Bottom line, when they call -- just hang up.

Vacations To Go - positive experiences 8 April. WE have booked around 10 repositioning cruises with V2G. To Singapore & Buenos Aires, & Panama Canal, etc. Just got back from Hong Kong to Venice arriving 5 April. Check records of V2G. Always had great experiences and even a few unexpected shipboard credit gifts.

I am surprised to see so many negative reviews on Consumer Affairs.

The only bad experience we ever had on a cruise was with Holland America. They refused us boarding unless we had an India visa--would have cost us $500 for a 5 hour port stop for a 10 year visa we didn't want. This was after several travel agents, 2 ambassadors, all said we did not need if we stayed on the ship. V2G couldn't help us on this one so we got the visa and boarded 12 days late into the cruise. I would never go on a cruise where the cruise line was adamant about requiring an India Visa. Fact is we went on Royal Carib, Costa and several other trips booked thru V2G where the line did NOT require an India visa. Anyway, I give V2G 5 stars. They had by far the best prices & biggest discounts.

I had been stalking cruise prices on various travel sites and came across Vacations To Go ("VTG"). I was surprised at how few reviews there were about what looked to be an online travel agency with very extensive cruise offerings. There is a long thread on TripAdvisor about this company. It began in 2006 with numerous threads defaming and supporting VTG up until 2015 when the forum was closed in 2015 due to some inflammatory posts that got off topic. I have cruised previously with Viking Ocean Cruises, Princess and Norwegian so I am not new to cruising.

I cannot speak to some poster's negative experiences on this website, but I felt compelled to write this review because thus far I have had a very pleasant experience and would recommend VTG. Thus far, I have had a dedicated travel agent who returns my calls and emails promptly. I searched what appeared to be at least 10 competing cruise sites and NO ONE could compare to the price that I got on VTG. I recently put a deposit on a high end all-inclusive luxury cruise line.

I think with all things that you need to be BUYER BEWARE and to do your research. Read forums and know that people with negative experiences are more likely to post complaints than those who have had positive experiences. I will write a follow up report after my cruise in October 2016, but thus far, I have nothing but positive things to say about this company. I put my money where my mouth is. I have committed to spending over $8,000 for a 7-day cruise with VTG. No, I am not a shill, employee or marketing person for this company. I write for a living and am periodically inspired to write reviews.

R.L., thank you for your kind comments about your experience with Vacations To Go. We strive to offer excellent service to our clients, and I am pleased to hear that is what you received. We look forward to the opportunity to help with all of your vacation planning in the future.

I've never been treated worse. They don't call you back. They don't price match like they say they do. I will never use refer these people. Even the manager was a jerk. They gave me ** because they booked the wrong flight then cancelled my vacation and wouldn't call my bank to release the charges so I could book somewhere else. BEWARE.

Hi Anthony, this is Kimberly Aven, Senior Director of Customer Communication at Vacations To Go.I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for any issues encountered while attempting to book a vacation with us recently. I'd like to hear more about your experience, and invite you to contact me directly at 1-800-338-4962 to discuss your situation. Customer satisfaction is very important to us, and we would like the opportunity to make it right.

This agent sent out a warning concerning the Zika Virus being in some of the ports that we were going to. We were very concerned since we were not sure what the medical consequences may be as more information was released about this virus so based on their warning we canceled our cruise. We had trip cancellation insurance with CSA Travel Protection but they have denied our claim. All of the reviews that I saw concerning claims were also denied for one reason or another. CSA is a scam and should be put out of business. Vacations To Go gave us a partial refund but we have still lost $1099.00 due to their warning.

Hi Ronald, my name is Kimberly Aven, Senior Director of Customer Communication at Vacations To Go, and I’m very sorry to hear your claim was denied. I realize it was not the outcome you were hoping for and can certainly understand your frustration. Unfortunately, CSA insurance does not cover cancellation due to the potential risk of illness. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We appreciate your business, and look forward to being of continued service.

Me, my son, and my granddaughter went on a Disney cruise. We booked thru Vacations To Go. It was obvious the person taking the reservation did not know anything about the ship. I always get concierge service and am willing to pay more for it. This operator was way too inexperienced. I kept having to call back over and over and get his boss. He kept saying "Well that will add to the trip." I paid for the concierge service only to discover that I DID NOT have it when I got on the trip, did not like the accommodations at all. We were put in with the masses and waited in long lines.

Book directly. They couldn't help on the ship because we did not directly book thru them. I was very disappointed in the cruise. Disney at no new characters. They had Mary Poppins show that my children couldn't relate to and have not upgraded their characters at all. No Ariel, no Beauty and Beast, no Lion King. They had a picture taking sessions with the princesses and with Anna Frozen but the princess was overweight and not friendly. I would never book with these people again!!! Horrible!!! No one got back to me when I called them from the ship. I kept getting an excuse that "He no longer works here" or "He was on vacation!!!"

Hi Connie, my name is Kimberly Aven, Senior Director of Customer Communication at Vacations To Go. Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your disappointing cruise, and I apologize if there were any misunderstandings about your reservation. Customer feedback is very important to us and we would like to hear more about your experience. I invite you to contact our Director of Customer Service, Christine Parsons, to share your concerns. We look forward to speaking with you!

12/1/2015 - Vacations to Go. Family cruise, Nov. 26 to Dec 1, 2015, Brilliance of the Seas, Tampa - 15 Family Members. I am sharing this summary of our cruise experience so you may share with your colleagues and Royal Caribbean to assist with future bookings so you and Royal Caribbean have a better understanding of the product. You & they are marketing. Based on our experience it is obvious you have no idea what you are providing your customers. Please keep in mind that I am a Platinum member of the Crown and Anchor Club. 8 previous Cruises with Royal Caribbean. Also sharing with others to prevent anyone from incurring the disappointment we experienced. It is obvious, based on our discussion with you - our expectations were way too high.

Cabins: As you are aware we arranged for one two-bedroom Suite, 3 Deluxe outside cabins with Balconies and 2 Inside cabins. The two bedroom suite We confirmed with you, our travel consultant. The bedrooms were of the same size, the bathrooms and shower facilities would be within the sleeping areas, both bedrooms plus both Cabins and the common area would have a television. The Balcony would be a wrap around balcony. The Sleeping rooms in the two bedroom Suite, Cabin7672, on Brilliance of The Seas are not the same size. One contains a queen size bed, The 2nd sleeping area has two very small beds, one light in the room and NO television. The Bathroom is located outside the sleeping areas resulting in very little privacy. The balcony was only large enough for one chair one small table and a very small lounge chair. It was wrap around however there was only access to 25% of the Balcony.

Deluxe outside cabins: As requested one of the outside cabins was handicapped accessible. This cabin was of ample size one chair and one bed consisting of two small single size beds combined to make a very small queen size bed. 2 Deluxe outside with a balcony, did not have chairs (had to move one of the chairs from the small balcony inside to sit on) consisted of one bed, consisting of two small single size beds combined to make a very small queen size bed. No access to roll away beds etc. Two inside cabins were just that, two beds, very small, one table light. The family members sharing these cabins had difficulty sleeping because they were 59 - too tall to comfortably fit in the beds. Very disappointing.

Dinner: As you are aware you confirmed early seating for dinner for 15 (the family members traveling on this cruise). We presented ourselves to the head waiter at 6PM, he curtly told us they were unable to accommodate us there were no reservations for early seating for us. Did not matter - we had paperwork with us.

Finally after being embarrassed by delaying other guests we were able to escalate the issue to someone who could make a decision and they did seat us, two tables one at one end of the dining room the other at the other end. It was obvious they have the capability of seating 15 at one table. There were no less than three families traveling with 15 or more all seated together one table. What I will say is the staff (worker bees) including Dinner wait staff were terrific. Overall, very disappointed with Vacations to Go. You provide an expedited process for reservations. However based on our experience you have no idea what you are providing.

On October, 26, 2015, I called Vacations To Go on a recommendation to book our honeymoon in Punta Cana. I spoke with Tex who took all our information and we gave him the resort we were interested in and the dates. He then asked for our full names and DOBs and said he was going to call us back shortly. 2 hrs later, still not call back and it was getting late so I took the initiative and called only to get his voicemail. I then called back and spoke with Annette who asked for my phone number and said there was nothing in the system under my cell or home numbers and said she would speak with Tex's supervisor and have them call me back.

1 hr went by and then Tex called back saying he could not secure the flight we needed and at that point we were so negatively drained that we told him we were no longer interested. But then we decided to take the more expensive flight as we really wanted this for our honeymoon and I called him back and left a voicemail for him to call back and we never heard from him again. This truly turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as we booked our trip to Punta Cana with Cheapcaribbbean.com and got a much cheaper price and also got seats on that original flight, but I reached out to the CEO, Allan Fox from Vacations To go who said he would investigate and have someone get back to me and that was 1 week ago. So I had to relay this to other prospective customers of Vacations To Go.

Vacations To Go Company Profile