2.1/5 (233 ratings)

About Vacations To Go

Vacations To Go Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

My wife and I have enjoyed a number of cruises in the double digits. Many were booked with Vacations To Go dealing with one particular agent. Unfortunately this agent has since left and with interest in another cruise, we contacted the company and a Ms. Caroline ** furnished us a quote of $937.90 for an Oceanview Balcony cabin. I then requested what cabins were available in the aft portion of the ship? She email me information that only one was available, but when I researched R.C.L. website, I found eight on decks eight through ten. Of greater importance, along with the misinformation regarding cabin availability, she now sends me a quoted price of $1889.90 for the same cruise. An increase of $952.00 from the original quoted price.

When I checked R.C. L. for the same cruise and desired cabin, the price R.C.L. quoted was $672.00 Lower than the quoted price furnished by Ms. **. When I complained to her manager regarding Ms. ** miss information, he/she showed no interest by responding to my comment/s. The word to wise would be clients interested in future cruises, contact the cruise line for pricing prior to utilizing a travel agent. It goes without saying, with my recent experience with V.T.G. I do plan on nor would I recommend doing business with a company who cares so little about customer satisfaction

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Months ago, I asked my cruise counsellor, Ben **, to cancel my cruise. He told me, he would do so, but didn't do it yet. I am worried now I have to pay more than the MSC cancellation policy says due to the date I cancelled it, which was 90 days prior departure. The departure now is in a little more than one week. During that 90 days the cruise wasn't cancelled I wrote him emails again and again, but he didn't answer one of them, I have to say, I feel ignored a little. It's pretty annoying I can't reach him and no one seems to feel in charge for my case. Pretty bad and expensive customer care.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Raquel our booking agent was incapable/unwilling or whatever to handle a reservation. Returning a call is apparently not included in her job description - Her repeated claims that I must have blocked her numbers were not factual. Outgoing messages stating her hours failed to mention that she was out of the office on vacation. I only learned she was out when I asked for a manager to try to resolve the problem. Management refused to clarify my issue. “I’ll have her call you when she returns to the office.” Trying to obtain the credits due from a COVID cancellation, a cruise canceled by the cruise line on a reservation booked by VTG in 2020 proved frustrating in spite of my presentation of all relevant documentation information. Vacations To Go is a low tier booking agency. I’m shocked that the luxury cruise lines would allow this inept rude group to represent them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Never again! Everybody now seems like it is their first day at VTG. Calls, Emails, etc. unanswered. I finally booked directly with Cruise line after talking with women who claimed she had been with VTG for 20 years! and receiving bad overpriced quotes.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I am very, very upset with VacationstoGo for taking my money and making me believe that I have a confirmed shore excursion. I had paid for The Golden Circle shore excursion in Reykjavik and was led to believe that I have that in the bag. It is supposed to be the highlight of my Iceland/Greenland cruise. Internet was intermittent during the cruise and when I saw my email two days before the excursion, it said I was confirmed for the 9 am trip. Then I was told the earlier time slots are filled up and there are only rooms for the 9 am trip. I replied back that I was confirmed for the 9 am so I was very confused.

The next emails then told me that VTG is sorry but my excursion was cancelled, on the day before the excursion!!! There was no clear explanation why and I was very, very mad because if I had known earlier, I could have waitlisted on the ship excursion and/or made other arrangements, like at the information center at Reykjavik. VTG literally ruined my cruise by cancelling on me at the last minute and not making arrangements for alternatives. When I emailed the travel agent, she said it was cancelled because the 9 am excursion may not be able to get back before the ship departs. Then why the heck did VTG take my money and confirmed the shore excursion???

It's not about the money. I don't care that VTG did not charge my card. That is not the point. The trip was supposed to be a break from taking care of my two very sick parents, and I don't have the luxury of TIME OR MONEY to go back to Iceland to take the excursion. Iceland is not a common trip for cruises, especially for those who are traveling solo and can't pay the single supplement. What a disservice to their loyal customers! I will never use VTG again as I cannot trust the company. You don't know whether the shore excursion you bought from them will be honored or you will be left stranded without any alternative on a trip you paid for.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Travel agency might not be good for you. Our cruise was sold to someone else. Norwegian sold our room twice, did not give a refund and refused to correct the reservation or offer any compensation. We were attending a family reunion and booked a block of 5 rooms. My father paid in full for all the rooms, and each family arbitrary assigned themself a room. Five days before the cruise my 86 year old father took ill and was not able to attend. We understood the "no refund” policy but we talked to Norwegian directly and was advised that we could keep the room and spread out our group. However the day before departure we were told that since this cruise was booked through a travel agency, Norwegian had the right to resell the room without giving us a refund. I don’t see how it is permitted to sell the room twice and not give one party a refund or return the sales tax and daily service fees. I would not recommend a Norwegian cruise.

Original review: June 24, 2022

We booked group cruise through Vacationstogo with their group manager Vickie ** in May 2022. Due to inclement weather the cruise got cancelled and we are having a great difficultly getting a straight answer from anyone at the agency on when we will receive our refunds or future cruise credits. Because our reservations were made through this agency, we have to go with them instead of the cruise line. No one is giving us a clear response on when we will see the refunds. With a group of 25+ passengers one would think that they will work hard to resolve our issue, but NO, all they cared was to get our money. Customer service be d**ned.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Manisha. We're truly sorry your cruise was cancelled and know that must have been very disappointing for the entire group. Your credit card is charged by the cruise line, not Vacations To Go, so only the cruise line can refund the charges or decide to issue Future Cruise Credits. If you still need assistance, please contact us so that we can follow up with the cruise line to check the status for you. We apologize again and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Vacations To Go review. First of all Stetson ** told me I could buy a protection in case I had to protect the trip. The day after I realized my daughter’s passport was expired and I had to postponed it but of course I had to pay a fee on top of the difference and my trip in August started at $3500 to finish in March for $5500. He was very annoyed to change the vacation in another date. He also told me that only the most expensive room had internet. Then I checked in another vacations site and of course even the cheap one had internet. In December I was paralyzed and I could go there only with an elderly scooter. No problem with the airline but transportation was a big deal.

I told Stetson immediately when I bought the scooter, he told me he will tell transportation and he will let me know. That was in January, he called me 2 days before the trip to tell me the transaction was $195 on top of the $140 I already paid, I had to pay it. Then it was time to leave, I was so excited to go in a 5 star resort, that maybe my expectation were too high. Our plane was late and I had to call Stetson to tell the transport to wait for us. Just my luck. He went on vacation the day before. I had to talk to someone else but she assured me she will reach out to them to tell them to wait. Of course they didn’t, so we were at the airport without a car. I had to rent a van for $140 that it is not the $195 I paid for it but I guess $55 was for vacation to go otherwise they don’t make money.

Arrived at the resort. They didn’t greet us as promised with a cocktail but I couldn’t drink alcohol so I didn’t care. The room was in decay, it looked like they didn’t renovate it since they opened, rust everywhere, broken parts, broken bulbs, basically a mess. I went immediately to the reception and they told me they would fix everything. They did but 3 days after constant complain. Imagine my frustration, I was working with Wifi and I couldn’t do my job, I lost a lot of money. Carley contacted me saying that she was very sorry but she had no control over the resort and suggested me to go to the concierge to complainant but I already did, so she had no other suggestions. She was nice. Finally someone who emailed me to see how my vacation was going.

When we went back home Carley promise me I would get a refund if I could show them a receipt of the $140. I emailed it immediately and she disappeared. I thought that the Transportation was difficult to contact but after about 3 months, Alan Fox the Executive Chairman of Vacations To Go sent me an email saying Carley was no longer working for them (a good one and they couldn’t even keep her). After few weeks I received a $175 credit from American Airlines but with restrictions, I could spent this money only within a year, it could be used only on airplane tickets, it can not be combined with the value of an existing ticket to pay for a new ticket. Since I discover Vacation to go is not as cheap as the other company, I didn’t pay attention to it and I had no intention to use it.

When I contacted Alan Fox asking for the $140 refund and he answer that their policy doesn’t allow them to give refunds but only credit and the $175 airline credit was my refund, the same airline that didn’t charge me for the scooter….I’m so upset, shop around before you buy a vacation package with this company. I can guarantee the first site you look at with the same resort, same airplane and same transportation, it is at least $200 cheaper than vacation to go.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Elena. We're truly sorry the resort did not meet your expectations. The manager you've been working with, Callie, has moved to a different department and your case is now being managed by Ty. He and two other managers have contacted American Airlines Vacations on your behalf to see if they are willing to reimburse your transfer expenses. We appreciate your patience while we await their response, and will update you as soon as we hear from them. Thank you!

Original review: June 5, 2022

They did absolutely NOTHING to advocate for me and my family on a recent cruise booking. Carnival Cruise Line cancelled our booking with NO NOTICE TO US 3 days before we were supposed to board. Vacations to Go kept telling us "unfortunately, there's nothing we can do." They didn't find us a comparable cruise on another line, help us get a refund, or ANYTHING! As if the total lack of help with this rotten situation wasn't bad enough, when we got on a 3 way call between us, vacations to go and Carnival to discuss the situation, our "travel agent" King ** had the audacity to say to the carnival rep "hey, you cancelled these guys booking, but I still get my commission, right?" Classy, vacations to go! You really made us feel like you put your customers first! NOT! We'll never book through them again! A completely useless company.

Resolution response: April 12, 2022

Thank you, Stuart, for taking on a difficult situation. You are amazing and I am truly thankful for your time and expertise. I know this vacation will be wonderful.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I am a nurse and my husband works in construction. We take vacations from time to time and we managed to save enough money to take our adult families with us thanks to the low prices on the Vacations To Go website. We purchased two vacation packages in December 2021. We worked with Marshal ** and he was very professional and has been very professional throughout the process.

Around March 15th, the continuation of COVID's emerging new strains and the war in the Ukraine started creating anxiety about traveling out of the country. Three family member decided they no longer wished to go. I reached out to Marshal to try to work out how we could integrate the change into the vacation for the rest of the family. (NOTE:He did offer the insurance for $250 and $600 at the time of the booking and we declined it.) We still wanted to go with rest of the family and, hopefully, change the reservation with upgrades for the rest of us.

It has been two weeks and I finally asked about cancelling and found out that if we cancel we lose everything. We would receive about 20% of what we spent in credit for a future purchase. If we want to upgrade, it will cost an additional $4,000. If those family members do not go, we will have to pay an additional $400. It is a nightmare and for two weeks, no one cares to work with us. They have their money and they don't care about the customer. TO BE CLEAR, I DID NOT WANT A REFUND. I wanted to re-allocate the money to create a better vacation. BUT, as it turns out, they get more money no matter which way we go.

Vacations To Go response

Robin, we're truly sorry for the negative impression that you have and the frustration the changes have caused you. We appreciate your patience with us while we worked with the travel supplier to correct an accounting issue on their end. I see that you’ve been working with one of our managers, Stuart, and that your reservation has since been updated with the requested changes at almost no additional cost. Thank you again for your business and we hope you have a great time on your trip!

Vacations To Go Company Information