2.47/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

164 Vacations To Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We have taken two cruises with Vacations to Go and have our third scheduled already. Our first trip to Alaska on Holland America was everything we expected it to be and we were happy with the price we paid for a great two week trip. The second cruise, on Crystal Cruise Line, was outstanding in every way and the travel agent, Caleb **, was exceptional. I highly recommend the company and especially Caleb. It appears that the complaints one sees online are mostly about misunderstandings, and Vacations to Go makes a great effort to help smooth things out. We found almost instantaneous feedback from Caleb on our last two week cruise. Super happy with Vacations to Go!!

Vacations To Go response

Kathy, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Vacations To Go and Caleb! It sounds like you've taken two amazing trips and we know you are looking forward to the third. We value your feedback and want to thank you for being a loyal customer. I'll make sure that Caleb and his managers get a copy of your kind words. Thank you again and we look forward to planning many more trips together!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Back in July I purchased a Caribbean cruise for 8 people (4 couples). We had to cancel the trip cause of an illness, we purchased the cruise insurance as well so we all were covered. Price consists of 3 steps, cruise cost itself, cruise insurance and government taxes. The government taxes are collected by the ports that you visit during your trip, in our case it was supposed to be 11 days so good amount of places to visit. Taxes were almost $350 per couple so well over $1000 together.

When we canceled the trip, they should immediately refund us for the taxes as these don't get collected if you don't board the boat. They refunded us around $50 per cabin so around $200. I called few times and was promised that would have been taken care of immediately and if it wasn't done within a week they advised me to call back. I did that few times left a voicemail, sent an email and no response. My agent name was Madeline **, and when she was selling the cruise she would have called me few times per day to close the deal, now so much when it comes to resolving an issue. At this point I feel like they stole the money from us.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Maciek. We are sorry to hear that MSC Cruises has not sent you the full refund of your taxes. I see that you spoke to your agent yesterday, who has escalated this to a manager at MSC. The charges and refunds are made by the cruise line directly and we are working on your behalf to ensure the rest of your refund is successful. We will certainly let you know as soon as we have an answer from them and appreciate your patience while we await their response.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have used Vacations To Go numerous times over the years and most recently in November 2018. I've had nothing but great service from their reps and never felt screwed over. All interactions have been helpful, professional and ended up saving me money. Most of the negative reviews that I have read have nothing to do with VTG, but more to do with the tour operators or cruise lines. This company has worked hard to provide the best vacations for the best price and does not deserve their name to be sullied. My wife and I will be using Vacations To Go again... as soon as I can afford another all-inclusive trip to the Caribbean. They are our trusted travel partners!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words, Michael. We sincerely appreciate that you trust us with your travel plans and are glad that you're taking advantage of some amazing deals. Great customer service is very important to us and I'm thrilled to hear that our travel counselors are providing that to you. Thank you for your continued business and loyalty and we look forward to helping you plan your next all-inclusive in the Caribbean!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Booked a cruise for me and my husband to go on, we were so excited for we had never been on a vacation together before, and we desperately needed a vacation. It took a long time to save up the money for it and to be able to find a baby sitter for our special needs child. We had purchased the insurance in case something were to happen, and something did happen. We missed our flight to due to the TSA line taking so long and we ended up missing our cruise. Our whole vacation was ruined. And the insurance wouldn't cover it. I thought that's what insurance was for? Tried to see if we could just get a credit for a cruise or have the day changed to another day. They wouldn't do anything for us. We ended up losing ALL of our money we spent on the cruise. This is a terrible company and I would not recommend anyone using them!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Megan. I'm so sorry to hear that you missed your flight and your cruise. I can only imagine how disappointing that must have been. I'm very interested in helping you however, I’m afraid I don’t have enough information to locate your reservation in our system. Please feel free to reply with your booking number or your agent's name and I'll be happy to investigate this further to see if anything further can be done. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Like others I am surprised by the poor experiences. We have taken at least 5 Alaskan Cruises through VTG (usually from the 90 day ticker) and could not be happier with the experience. The reps have always been professional and helpful. The cruise is just as advertised and most times we end up getting bumped to a better room when we check in. We do know there are additional port fees and taxes so are not upset that the final price is more than the posted rate. This is common through most travel companies so should not be a surprise. Last summer we took my 82 year old mother which meant a room for 3 and Jed was a wonderful help. We are thinking of booking another cruise to Norway this April through VTG. We recommend this company constantly to friends. VTG is out to go to place for cruise arrangements.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Debra! We are so glad to hear that you are consistently receiving great service from Jed and all of our travel counselors and that you are taking advantage of the great deals offered on the 90-day ticker! We'd love to help you plan your Norway cruise in April so please feel free to give Jed a call, or if you prefer, any agent can assist you. Thank you again for your business and referrals through the years. We look forward to working with you again soon!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have used Jeff ** of VTG for about a dozen cruises and land tours over the last dozen or so years. I could not be more pleased. Good prices and great, friendly, knowledgeable help. I'm really shocked at some of the comments because I have had such great experiences - always!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Cissy! We appreciate the time you took to let us know about the many positive experiences you've had with Vacations To Go and with Jeff. We're always glad to hear when a member of our team has gone above and beyond. Please be assured that Jeff and our managers will get a copy of your kind words. We thank you for being a customer for many years and we look forward to working together for many more!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My husband and I have used Candi ** with Vacations To Go for several cruise vacations. We have been very pleased with her service and have only good things to say about our experiences with Vacations To Go, and Candi, in particular. I have recommended her to several friends who have also used her for their travel arrangements and have been very pleased. I am shocked at some of the negative reviews I've read, as my experience has been nothing but excellent.

Vacations To Go response

Wanda, thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback about your experiences with us and with Candi, in particular! Not only do we sincerely appreciate your business, we also want to thank you for sending friends and family our way to plan their vacations, too! We're lucky to have Candi as part of our team and I'll make sure that she and our managers see a copy of your kind words. Thank you again for your business and loyalty and we look forward to working with you again soon!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Could not be worse. This company confirmed a prepaid Disney World hotel stay for my family — then did not book the rooms. We found out at the very last minute that they were in fact not available. It was a horrible disappointment, and they have been very slow to remedy it. (Been on the phone for hours and still no solid information about reimbursement.) Would not at all recommend this company. Do not use them.

I will say the agents are nice, but there are too many subcontractors/sub-booking agencies involved to get a straight answer about anything. Our agent didn’t actually book our trip when he told us he did; he sent our information to another agency, then another, and somewhere along the line it just wasn’t made. It is just as big a hassle in the problem-solving process; they have to wait on answers from two other companies. Bottom line: Their rates and availability seem to hinge on third-hand information being accurate. And in our case it just was not. It seems like it is a problem that would happen fairly often in a business setup like this. My parents have booked several cruises with them, but will not be doing so again. It’s too risky.

Vacations To Go response

Elyse, we truly apologize for the disappointment this caused & the time it took to remedy it. Please know we would never lie to you about your reservation. We had no reason to suspect that a problem existed with your reservation, as we had received a confirmation and travel documents from the supplier, but we truly regret that we didn't catch the error. We are glad we were able to secure rooms at the original Disney resort you requested and hope you had a wonderful vacation together.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We were told we had a vacation. Two days before the trip that included our daughter and boyfriend flying in from New York they called and said we didn’t have rooms. We were told the vacation number was as good as a confirmation number but it’s not. They misrepresented the trip and took our money. Me Chin is nice but is not truthful. This company is the worst. Do not use this company!!!

Vacations To Go response

David, we sincerely apologize for the stress this caused your family. Please know we would never tell our customers their vacation is confirmed if it truly isn't. We had no reason to suspect that a problem existed with your reservation, as we had received a confirmation and travel documents from the supplier, but we truly regret that we didn't catch the mistake. We are glad we were able to secure rooms at the original Disney resort you requested and hope you had a wonderful vacation together.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

My friend and I were very disappointed with the service we received. We asked and paid for separate rooms only to find that Vacations to Go booked us in the same room. We asked for the return of our money as we paid for separate rooms. We spent hundreds of dollars on my cell phone calling from Africa to speak with the travel agent and managers to correct this situation however, we never heard back from anyone.

This is a horrible way to run a business especially when the vacationeers are thousands of mile away. Vacations to Go is the worst we ever had. Not return calls, not give us what we asked for. Very disappointed and we asked for a refund of the difference in the price for a single supplement for the rooms we did not have even though we paid for single rooms. We spoke with a manager who tried to help us however, she never called back. If you want a nice vacation without problems please DO NOT USE VACATIONS TO GO.

Vacations To Go response

Autherine, I'm sorry you were under the impression you had two rooms. There is a considerable price difference between a single and double room. The price quoted to you was for double occupancy and we do apologize if there was any confusion over the type of accommodations you were to receive. I understand that the tour operated offered to put you in separate rooms at an additional cost. I'm sorry to hear that option wasn't acceptable and hope you were still able to make the most of Africa.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I booked a cruise out of New Orleans thinking it would be SOLO adults. IT IS as I read on Facebook - people 20-30. BOOZE is their #1 thrill on this cruise. Liquor is a perk - no extra charge so they'll be bombed by day 1. Wanted to cancel but would lose airfare. Ins. does not cover air. I am on the wrong cruise. Dread going BIG MISTAKE. I could be their mother. NCL will not do a thing nor will VACATIONS TO GO. Can't drink, on pain meds after surgery & they do not give a damn. ONLY $$$. Can hope monster storms I keep hearing about on the news, will cancel the air to NOLA. Taken many many cruises. This is the last one. I don't want to go. Know I made a BIG mistake. NEVER FELT THIS WAY BEFORE A CRUISE. NEVER WILL I USE VACATIONS TO GO. WHAT A RIP OFF!!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Charlotte. We always want our customers to be excited about their vacation and we're sorry that wasn't the case. The average age for the passengers in this group was 59 years old. The prepaid gratuities and beverage package were included with your cruise and we're sorry the cruise line did not allow us to exchange the beverage package for another amenity for you. We hope once you got on board with the hosts and other guests that you enjoyed yourself and had a great cruise.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I thought Vacations To Go put me on a relaxing coast tour (Amalfi Coast Tour). Instead it included a bus ride up one of the most dangerous roads in Italy--a narrow dangerous road called a "killer highway" up and down a mountain. Not only did myself and my daughter get car sick with the tight winding turns but four cars in front of us was a car crash where the driver was killed and the trip was delayed for an hour. Please in dealing with Vacations To Go make them describe the difference between a "coast" trip and a "mountain" trip. Be careful with what World Tours subsidiarity is foisting on unsuspecting tourists. My fault was not being more aware I going where I did not want to go. Also the small meal atop the mountain was very poor. The Pompeii Tour was OK but not worth a tumultuous ride up and down the mountain.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Valerie. We are sorry to hear that you were so disappointed with your tour, however I'm afraid you have us confused with another company. We are in no way associated with World Tours and we do not sell any tours through them. Again, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your trip but you will need to contact the company you booked through to resolve your concerns. Thank you again for writing, and best wishes.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Vacations To Go used to be a good company but now they are absolutely horrible. The planner assigned to work with me was Pamela. She did not have a clue, I ended up doing all the work myself. I should have received 2 free cabins for this trip due to the numbers of cabins we booked but Pamela stated after I had booked this trip they changed the policy and only give a percentage. I informed Vacations To Go I would never use their company again. Pamela should find another job, working in PR is not her field. She had a very nasty attitude and make it very hard to plan for the 25 people going on this trip.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Connie. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the outcome of your booking. W appreciate your business and loyalty as a customer and I would like to know more about your situation. Please feel free to contact us directly to speak to a manager or contact me privately so that I may investigate this further. I'm sorry if there have been any misunderstandings and we hope to get to the bottom of this and resolve any complaints that still exist.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This site claims to have the lowest prices for long cruises but when compared it simply does not. It also claims to have great singles discounts and this does not seem true either at least for the cruises I researched. And keep in mind to ask for the total price. No one wants to be left with "hidden" fees.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Mae. Our rates are always at least as low as the cruise line's, and often lower. Even when you find the same price as the cruise line, on many sailings we offer shipboard credits or other perks. You will have a single contact here, an agent trained to assist you in every situation, promptly answer your questions, deliver unbiased advice and make sure your cruise is a wonderful experience. We do hope that you'll give us another chance to earn your business in the future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have booked cruises through them possibly 6 to 7 times... Been the odd minor burp. Also, I am religiously obsessed with Azamara cruises. In late June 2018 we received VtG's e-mailed flyer announcing select Azamara cruises at up to 79% off with up to $3250 cabin credit. So we booked a 16 night Asian cruise, and because we were in a lower class of room (a balcony unit) we were told we would only get $750 cabin credit, $250 spa credit plus a free night in the private dining room.

Bad enough that after we booked and paid, the cruise itinerary was changed with no price adjustment, now today, when I checked in for the cruise I find out we are NOT getting the extras and the agent seems to have drawn a blank. I talked with the agent and managers at VTG and got nothing other than if I canceled I would lose all my money due to the late date.

The only question I had for them that they could not answer was 'WHERE WOULD I GET THESE FIGURES FROM"? No one at VTG could answer that. Very very very disappointed now in this company and Azamara. It's not just about $1000USD, it is $1300Cdn. And they come back with no resolve other than cancel and I lose my entire payment. Sadly, they have my money for the cruise and I have no recourse other than this posting. GET IT IN WRITING...

Vacations To Go response

I'm very sorry that you feel there should have been additional amenities offered for your cruise. We've reviewed this matter and spoken to the cruise line and the promotion you're referring to was not offered on your particular sailing at the time you booked. The supervisors that you have spoken to have done their best to clarify the situation and we are sorry that you are still disappointed. We do hope that despite this, you are able to enjoy your cruise vacation.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Have been looking at deals emailed by Vacations To Go, (VTG) ie 53% off, 81% off. Happened to walk past a travel agent. They had cruise books out the front. The percent VTG is offering off is a lie. The cruise book had full price at less than VTG discounted price. DISGUSTED!

Vacations To Go response

Hi Chris, I’m sorry if you felt misled by our prices. The rates shown on our site are in US dollars and sent to us from the cruise lines. I assure you that we would never intentionally inflate the brochure prices to make the discounts appear greater. Also keep in mind that prices do fluctuate up and down and it's not unlikely to see changes after a brochure has been printed.I do hope this information clears up any confusion and we will have the opportunity to earn your business in the future.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Our first time experience buying a cruise vacation package. The agent mislead us in believing this was a all inclusive deal. Two weeks after we made the payment, we got a notice in the email basically asking for almost $500 in service charges. Services which have not been delivered yet. I called to complain and was told that it is "standard" practice on all cruises and "the agent should have told you." "The cruise line will bill you even more if you decide to pay at the end of your cruise. There is nothing we can do." They just lost any possibility of future business. I will take it up to the cruise line myself. The agent and the management did not offer any help. Not a wise business decision.

Vacations To Go response

Adnan, we apologize that you felt mislead about what was included in the price of your cruise. Your agent should have explained that gratuities will be an additional cost once you board the ship and we apologize that he failed to do that. As an industry standard, the cruise lines charge gratuities and we do not have the ability to change that. Some cruise allow you to remove them once on board. We apologize again for any confusion and hope that you are still able to enjoy your cruise.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I've booked 5 times over several years. Vacations To Go have always been helpful and offered very competitive rates. I've always been able to book what I saw advertised as they even offer free telephone to UK customers.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, Martin. We value you as a loyal customer over the last several years and are glad to hear that each booking experience has been so pleasant. We look forward to continuing to earn your business when you're ready to travel again!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I found a cabin for an ocean view on their site. Looked at cabin details. All fine... until... I tried to book the cabin. It turns out, cabins at that price are all obstructed views... You look at a lifeboat. To get a real ocean view room, the price is more than double the quoted price! So, you cannot get the cabin as advertised.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2018

Half serious about that cruise with Mr. Alan **,.....cheers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I'd give Mr. Alan Fox's Vacations to Go Travel Agency five stars except that I don't want anyone to think this was in any way machine generated or a "plug". Here is an unsolicited email I just sent to a VTG manager after 10+ cruises: "I would very much like to commend Ms. Kaitlyn ** for her devotion to her customers, to Vacations to Go and to the travel industry! For many years now, and on numerous cruises, she has looked out for us in optimizing our experience in terms of cabin selection, cruise tips, and OB credits. Helpful even in generously handing off business to her fellow colleague in the escorted land tours division for their expertise once.

"More importantly, when things didn't go right, as in our delayed flight and missed connections, she stayed with us, actively calling to assist, hand-hold, coordinate and facilitate our successful alternate and unique solution. That's commitment! That's why you need a great travel agent! And that is why she is, 'A Great Master Travel Agent!' Many Thanks to you, Kaitlyn." As you see, as I have, their prompt and helpful efforts to respond and resolve even the complaints below, know that this is a responsible, accountable and helpful service. Well worth it in my opinion.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to share your letter with us, Turner. We are so glad to see that Kaitlyn has delivered incredible service each time you've traveled and that she is consistently dedicated to making all your trips memorable and stress-free. We value you as a customer and know that Kaitlyn looks forward to working with you again very soon! Thank you for your business and loyalty to Kaityln and Vacations To Go through the years!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have used VTG several times. I do book my travel insurance through another company and always pay Cancel for any reason insurance. I have always found them to be professional and I have called back and added or changed some minor details without any trouble. Yes, I will use them again.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your kind feedback, Patricia. We sincerely appreciate your business and are glad to hear that your travel counselors have been professional and able to make your necessary changes so easily. We value you as a customer and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I had previously booked a cruise direct with Pullmantur and had a wonderful cabin & great experience. For my cruise of the Greek Islands in Sept 2017, I decided to book thru VTG. Their associate, Samuel **, sold me a balcony cabin, which of course was a lot more money than a regular cabin. I told him clearly that I wanted a balcony so that I could have fresh ocean air, and a peaceful cruise. He HAD to know that the balcony cabins on Deck 9 are directly above the disco, which blasts deafening, thumping noise from 11 p.m. till 4 a.m. every night. This meant that none of the cruise passengers, almost all of us being retired people, got any sleep for the duration. The noise was even more horrendous if the balcony doors were open, so the reason I paid extra for a balcony - to be able to sleep with fresh air - was impossible. Our cruise was totally ruined - it was outright torture.

We all left that cruise feeling stressed & exhausted from the constant nightly noise & lack of sleep. We were so tired after not getting to sleep until after 4 a.m. each night that we were unable to even go on any tours that usually left at 8 a.m. When we got to port, I called and emailed Samuel at VTG, but this was fruitless. We all put in formal written complaints to Pullmantur but we're told that they would do nothing for us because we booked thru VTG. VTG was completely unresponsive to our complaints about this torture cruise.

We are looking for a class action law firm to deal with this, and I am in the process of taking my unanswered complaints to the European Commission on Mobility and Transportation. From the many complaints on here, the lesson is, book directly with the cruise line, not with VTG - you have more rights booking direct with the cruise line, and in my experience will get a better cabin for the same price - it seemed like VTG got a chunk of the less desirable cabins.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

The website tricks you into thinking you are viewing the Dolly Parton Stampede ticket website. In fact, you will be purchasing tickets at an inflated price. I was charged $90 more than the theater price for two adults and two children. Then they try to sell you a timeshare. Beware of this site!! After multiple complaints, I was credited $27.75 to my credit card. I’m still out an overcharge of $60. Total scam!!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Donna. I'm afraid you have us confused with another company. We do not sell tickets to the Dolly Parton Stampede and are not in any way associated with timeshares. We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced and hope that you're able to resolve the matter with them soon.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I have used Vacations to Go many times. So far, everything has been as advertised. Their online format is the best for research. Bookings are easy and straightforward. They are easy to contact and get back to me quickly. I will use them again in the future.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your positive feedback, James! We strive to deliver a wonderful experience each time a customer calls and we are always glad to hear when that happens. Thank you again for your loyalty and positive feedback and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

90 day ticker cruises - Booked cruise, added insurance in case something went wrong. Work schedule changed had to cancel. Charged me 50% of total price I paid for two adults as fee to cancel. Now after 11 days I have not received my refund. Horrible that that charged that much to cancel and take this long to make refund. Should get charge for taking so long. Could not use insurance after being told I could! Don't do it, go to a travel agent with integrity!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your business, Anthony. I’m very sorry that you had to cancel your cruise and that your reason for canceling wasn’t covered by travel insurance. We know it’s disappointing to have to change your travel plans unexpectedly, and have been communicating with the cruise line on your behalf to get your refund processed as quickly as possible. We apologize for your disappointment and hope that you will allow us to be of service to you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I am really disappointed with VTG. I booked a 7 day cruise back in March 2018. It was booked for July 22-29, 2018. Well my other half took sick was admitted to the hospital and was told he had LUNG CANCER. I explained to my trip counselor what was going on and he said ok. I was set to try to go, but when the Doctor stated that surgery was scheduled for June 27th and as soon as he could he would schedule CHEMO I was hurt. I called, my doctor sent a letter, I called, I called, I called.

To this day August 8, 2018 I have not heard a word. It is strange how you want good reviews and yet I cannot get my money back. I did not nor the doctor nor Charles thought we would not be able to go. And guess what? I am a CARNIVAL GOLD CARD MEMBER. I am almost tempted to go viral and on TV Thanks for your assistant. My agent was Noah **. He helped me as much as he said he could. But my money was ok but what about my refund. REMEMBER this could happen to you.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We went through Vacations To Go for a condo in Saint Augustine for June 30 – July 7, 2018. We had five adults and one child, with two of the adults being a couple. I always ask the number of beds and bed size. When we checked in and saw the rooms, I was irate! The master bedroom was very nice, but the second bedroom (being shared by three adults and one child) was literally a set of bunk beds separated. I immediately called VTG and was basically called a liar.

I asked to be put somewhere else close by that had adequate bedding, of which they said they had nothing. I was told I could sleep on the pullout couch. I didn't pay $2241.11 to sleep on a couch (which hadn't been cleaned since who knows when). The girl I spoke with, whose language and demeanor seemed to be about 12, kept saying it had a "trunkle" I could use. When asked what a trunkle was, she didn't know and kept asking others in the room. Turns out, she was referring to a trundle under one of the bunks, which was more uncomfortable than the bunkbeds. They knew the number of people sharing this condo. The second bedroom was definitely set up for children.

I spent my first almost 2 hours of vacation arguing with them. Finally they said they'd take off $100 off the cost of the condo. (Big deal!) I hung up in tears. Here is a list of other issues we soon discovered: They didn't supply the gate code and had to wait at the gate until we got it. I had read other complaints about this, but thought they were referring to the door code, which I did get. Could not lock the bedroom door. Could turn the lock, but it would not engage in the lock.

Dishwasher didn't work properly. Would run and never stop, then you'd have to take them out, rinse and hand dry. Plus, it leaked on the floor. Had to hand wash dishes for a week!

Microwave wouldn't set timer and had to watch and count minutes. Microwave and washer were old, very noisy and sounded as if they were going to quit any minute. Small bedroom overhead light was out, and required a screwdriver to take off the light receptacle to replace a bulb. (Sorry, none of us ladies brought our toolbox on vacation). Small bathroom had no toothbrush holder or shower rug, as did the large one. Although The small bedroom was set up for children, there were no plastic dishes or cups. Had to use the square plastic storage containers for his dishes. The toilet in the small bathroom continually ran if you didn't wiggle the handle each time, and at times had to remove the back and push the rubber plunger down by hand (gross!). To sum it up. These units are not regularly checked for the most simple maintenance and upkeep.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Robyn. We are sorry to hear that your vacation was such a disappointment. I'm afraid I was unable to pull up any reservations in our system using your name, travel dates or travel destination. If you did in fact book with Vacations To Go and your situation has yet to be resolved, please contact our office at 800-338-4962 and ask to speak to a manager or feel free to write back with your counselor's name and your booking number so I can investigate this further. Thank you!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I was aghast at some of the negative reviews I just read, which contrasted hugely with the positive experiences I've had with VtoGo. I've used them for years and I've never had a single solitary problem. They have been cordial, immediately responsive, easy to deal with and more. I do recommend them to friends. Their website is easy to use, comprehensive, and so far, has offered the best deals around. Bravo, Vacations To Go!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback, Stephanie. We sincerely appreciate your business and loyalty and are so glad to hear that you've had such positive experiences with our site, our staff and our services. We look forward to working with you again soon to help you plan another fantastic vacation!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I pre-booked a cruise with them on P&O and once I paid my deposit the com timer service was absolutely **. I have never seen a company that is such a con artist. Once you sign up you get nothing from them and I had to cancel the trip due to an illness in the family. I was 220 days out from cruising and they charged me $272 per person cancellation fee and wouldn't let me use the deposit for another cruise. For 5 people it was a big loss and no compassion whatsoever. Young booking with P&O direct I would have got a full refund so please don't consider this company as you'll be sadly disappointed.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Anthony. I’m sorry to hear about your poor experience. I'm very interested in helping you however, I’m afraid I don’t have enough information to locate your customer record or booking in our system so that I can investigate this further. If you did in fact book with Vacations To Go, please contact our office at 800-338-4962 and ask to speak to one of our managers or reply with your agent's name or your booking number. Thank you!

Original review: June 11, 2018

Trip to Puerta Vallarta - Terrible experience with Vacations to Go. Let me say I have used their services in the past for cruises and week long vacations and was satisfied. However, I didn't have any negative experiences. This trip was much, different. The Resort was horrible and I checked out after 1 night for fear of contracting a disease. When I complained to my VTG agent he passed me off to someone else named Lonnie. Lonnie is supposedly a supervisor but he's a real piece of **. I've attempted to resolve the issue and he won't even return my requests for a status. I have requested a refund because the advertising States a 4 star and it's not even a 1 star. I will never use VTG again. They are completely useless unless everything turns out well. I encourage anyone and everyone AVOID VTG. They are not on your side, they only want your money. There are other companies I will try.

Vacations To Go Company Information