1.97/5
Based on 117 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: March 23, 2018

132 Vacations To Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Customer increased Rating by 4 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 23, 2018

So we are experienced cruisers and we booked a cruise for our 30th anniversary with Vacations To Go. We booked well in advance and made a small deposit. The price subsequently dropped by a significant amount ($600), so I did some research on cancellation penalties to see if we could benefit from the price drop. At that point we would have lost our deposit, but we could have rebooked and saved $400. However, when I asked our Vacations To Go Travel Counselor, Elyse **, to look into it, we were told it was too late. I sent her proof from the CruiseLine website that we were well within the cancellation window, but she ignored that and did nothing until it was too late. My advice to all others is to do research and book on the actual cruise website yourself, or use another cruise travel agency that will work for you.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your review, Joseph. Your feedback and business are very important to us. We sincerely apologize that Elyse provided you with inaccurate information and failed to get back to you in a timely manner. While price adjustments after final payment can be difficult to secure and are entirely up to the cruise line, it is our job to work on your behalf to get you the best deal and we failed to do that. Our Director of Customer Service will be reaching out to you to discuss this further.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I’ve booked 2 cruises with Vacations To Go. Johnson ** is superb. Not just best possible prices, very very very prompt response, all booking details no matter how minor were always in order, he’s a god-sent. Will definitely book with him for all future cruises.

Vacations To Go response

Tricia, thank you for your kind words about the service you received from Johnson. Great customer service is very important to us so we're always pleased when our customers tell us that a member of our team has done well. I will make sure that Johnson and his managers get a copy of your kind words. We thank you for your business and I know Johnson looks forward to working with you again in the future!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 12, 2018

I convinced my brother and sister-in-law to use Vacations To Go to book their dream cruise (Greek Islands) with us. We called In October 2017, and made the reservations on the same phone call, so we could connect the 2 bookings and be close together. The agent, Elvis, ended up putting all of the reservation costs on my credit card and all of the emails under my sister in law. We called 2 days after the call, and Elvis assured us the double credit card charge was taken care of. And it was... only he had cancelled my reservation in doing so. On Feb 11, when I tried to log in, Royal Caribbean said I had no reservation. I called Elvis and he said "Something had happened with Royal Caribbean" and he would look into it.

Apparently, he re-did my reservation... My sister-in-law got the email confirmation. Not a phone call to me explaining what happened. And so I now have a room on the 8th floor and my brother and sister-in law are on the third floor. When I called the manager at Vacations To Go to try and get the rooms closer to each other, was basically told there was nothing they could do, since "something happened with Royal Caribbean". No, the issue was your agent messed up and you won't take accountability for it. Never again... Do not purchase from this site if you don't want to keep having to track your reservation down.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Tonya. I am very sorry for the issues you've encountered and that your agent was not as forthcoming as he should have been. I will look into this situation immediately and our Director of Customer Service will also be reaching out to you.

Original review: March 8, 2018

This company is an absolute joke. Hands down the worst customer service I have experienced with any company. I've spent 4 hours and 47 minutes on hold the past two days only to get disconnected after a significant amount of time, the long being 2 hours. Their website says they respond to requests within 24-48 hours. It's been 9 business days and I have yet to receive anything from them. When I have called and got ahold of them they would ensure that someone would call me back by the end of the day. Still, no call back after being told that 3 times. Be smarter than I was and stay far away from Vacations To Go. They won't do anything except take your money and waste your time. Frauds!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to privately send me additional information about your situation, Kellen. The phone number you called is not affiliated with our company and we do not have an employee by the name you provided. I'm very sorry for the issues you are experiencing with your reservation but you will need to contact the company you booked through to resolve your concerns.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I just booked a cruise a few days ago with Dale **. He promised to send me email confirmation to both my Email addresses the same day and never did. He does not return any phone calls and was ghost after making the sale. I tried on several occasions to get a hold on manager or customer service representative. They placed me on hold for over 20 min and then disconnected the call without speaking to me. I'm a world Traveler and booked my 16th of 17th cruise with various agencies like Priceline, Expedia, CruiseCompete etc. This is the worst experience and waste of my precious time. Nobody should be held up for almost an hour out of their day. This suppose to be a joyful transaction not stressful. I don't recommend them and will unsubscribe from them, once this is resolved. Horrible company!!!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your review, Taranee. We appreciate your business and your feedback about your experience. I sincerely apologize if Dale failed to adequately address your concerns and will makes sure your comments are passed along to our management team. I am glad to hear that your situation has been resolved. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I asked for a cruise quote for a specific cruise, date, port and cabin class. I received quote which was perfect, I organized and paid my non refundable business class airfares from Australia to Europe. Rang back V2G to pay deposit for cruise which was accepted. The next morning at 4am Australian time the agent rings me to tell me he had a slight problem.

He had booked us on a wrong cruise the following month and different cruise and different country but was on to it and he would rectify it, only to be told that to do the transfer to the right cruise IF I wanted (Hello! I had never asked for another cruise) I would now have to pay an extra $4000.00 AUD because he had given me the wrong price but sent me a quote and details for the right one that I wanted all along and booked me on a different cruise altogether. This started on 12th February. After him not returning my calls I decided to try customer service. She took all my details. I e-mailed all my airfares documents. It is now evening on 16th I haven’t heard a word not even an answer to my emails. People BE VERY AWARE.

Resolution response: Dec. 27, 2017

I just want to thank Vacations To Go for resolving my problem. I was a little skeptical at first and yes I did have some sort of mix up in the beginning but they did resolve it. Their customer service rep Kiwi was very nice. She really was. So, yes I do recommend this company and do look forward to booking future cruises here in the future.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I was using this agency because like everyone else they had great deals. Long story short I asked what would happen if the other person could not attend, what were my options. The lady Ms. ** was very nice and told me my options. She said $50 to change names. Well the person ended up not being able to go. I changed the name to someone else and now she said it was $250.00 when she said it was only $50 originally. I am just so upset about the whole thing. I don't know who I can talk to about this. Now I have asked for my $250.00 back because the second person cannot attend. I don't think they will give me my money back, but I am still waiting on that request. It's just so unfair. All she did was change a name! She said the cruise's representative told her that, ummm not my fault.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

This company is certainly not what it was 15 years ago and to be avoided. We were misquoted on fees. When we tried to resolve and the customer service was appalling and we also discovered the notes they initially wrote down were totally inaccurate. The manager did nothing to resolve our issue and rather than apologize continued to misrepresent their company, the services they offer and show complete lack of ethics morals and customer care. Cruise lines should take note and deal with more reputable groups.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have been traveling with Vacations To Go for over 10 years. I have never been anything except totally satisfied with both customer service, prices and vacations. I am currently scheduled to do a land vacation and do not expect anything except excellence in all areas of my experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

WAS a Vacations To Go customer for many years... Always trusted them to be the best deal, and recommended them to many for cruises. Recently decided to try them for an all-inclusive Jamaica vacation. I was told (apparently in a vague, non-specific way) that they would match a lower price if I found it, so I felt confident in booking. Three days after booking, I found a better deal by about $100. They refused to do anything for us (Resort credit? Something!!), calling their policy an "industry standard." So much for low price guarantees, and I will NEVER, EVER consult their website again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

In looking at cruise options in the Middle East and Asia regions prices advertised in the "Vacations To Go" website appeared attractively cheap. For example, their website claims that for a Celebrity 14-day cruise from Japan to Taiwan to China in November 2018 the brochure price for this is 7,596 usd. For an inside state room and the Vacations To Go price is 3,298 usd. In fact the celebrity (UK) brochure price is £1,739 which equates to 2,270 usd, an amazing 5,326 usd less than that the brochure price claimed by Vacations To Go.

The real brochure price is 1,028 usd less than VTG's price. The so called brochure prices advertised by VTG for another Celebrity Asian cruise which I looked at were similarly incorrect. I suspect that many if not all prices for other cruises advertised were likewise inaccurate. I am not sure whether there is a breach of trade descriptions legislation In the aforementioned circumstances. However those considering booking a cruise through Vacations To Go should at least be very wary of their advertised prices.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We booked a trip to Cozumel thru Vacations To Go. Two days ago we received a voice message from Andrew that our Delta flight to Cozumel was cancelled. We returned the call & left several messages - To date, NO ONE has bothered to return our calls. It is obvious that they could care less about our vacation. Our trip has been ruined. Please don't make the same mistake we did. Deal with a travel agent who cares.

Original review: July 6, 2017

My husband was interested in booking a cruise. It was the first time he has booked one although we have gone on 5 others over the years. This one was to be a surprise for our Anniversary. Fin ** was our agent and he did a wonderful job from booking the flights to getting the cruise taken care of. We highly recommend him to help you with any of your travel needs.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I have used this company a lot for cruising and have been very happy it with it. I traveled to China and they provided a service to help with the VISAs (for a fee but was easier than me trying on my own). I also did a Mediterranean cruise through them. I'm getting prepared for an Alaska cruise. They also quickly do cancellations if needed or change to another cruise. I like the website because I'm a destination traveler more than being loyal to one cruise line and you can see many cruises to the area and check out the itinerary quickly. They help you get the best rooms but if you are minding costs will tell you what your room will be like for instance a partially obstructed view for less cost. The only downside for me was after getting the reservation, some cruise lines will send you back to the travel agent rather than answering questions such as upgrades. That seems silly because you have already paid. But that is the cruise line doing it not VTG.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have been booking travel to all inclusive resorts to Vacations To Go for over 10 years now. I have had nothing but excellent service from all agents that I have worked with. Everything they have set up for me has been perfect including transportation to and from hotel to resort. I always get an email with all my confirmation information as well as an email prior to my departure as well as another email when I get back to find out how my experience was. I would recommend Vacations To Go to anyone, I have and they've always had a good experience. Thank you Vacations To Go for making travel so easy and so much fun.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I have booked 4 cruises over the years, with Vacations To Go. Getting ready to book another. I have always had good service from them, as well as follow-up emails prior to my cruises. I check prices with other companies, but their's have always been the best. Their prices on the website do not include port charges, taxes, or gratuity, so if you don't know that ahead of time, when you call to book, you may be shocked at the price jump... true of other sites as well. Check back from time to time when browsing, because prices can change as the ship fills up, and also as it gets closer to sailing.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Getting the runaround. I booked a vacation with VTG to Jamaica, airline tickets included. We unfortunately left during Delta's major snafu with horrible storms in Atlanta which caused thousands of cancellations. I felt we should have been notified by VTG and Delta that this was going to be an issue before I left my house at 2 am to get to the airport. That didn't happen and when I got there, Delta had a representative standing to help customers who were freaking out as their flights were delayed not hours but days. They gave us a red card with a number to call and said they would reimburse us.

We switched to American Airlines, paid another $2000 and made it to our destination. However, we have called Delta several times and sent emails and they say they reimbursed VTG and they are the ones who need to reimburse us. VTG says, "No it's Delta." Thank God for my credit card company that is giving us back the money. I won't use them again. EVER.

Original review: May 4, 2017

We have used Vacations To Go for multiple cruises, both ocean and river. The service is adequate but not exceptional. We have had some minor glitches that have been resolved prior to departures. It is important that you carefully check your confirmation as soon as you receive it so that corrections can be made. I like their website as it allows me to compare cruises to the same destinations. I have found pricing to be the same through VTG as opposed to going directly to an individual cruise company. However on their website I am able to compare cruises and costs side by side to find a good value for my money. I will continue to use Vacations To Go for booking cruises.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I booked a group cruise that consisted of 5 suites and 10 people. Unknown to the group VTG added people to our group and rooms without consent. So now we have to share some of the rooms with complete strangers that no ones knows. This was an all girls trip. That was planned 18 months ahead of time VTG never even let anyone know about this we found out when we boarded!!! All VTG said we could do was cancel and book new rooms at double the rate for inside only rooms when we had balcony room to start with or share our rooms with these strangers. They just could not understand what the problem was and just asked if we could just be nice and get along for the 10-day cruise. When we called the cruise line VTG told them the same thing that they had a recording with us giving permission. We were out everything.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I booked at least ten cruises with VTG. I encountered only one problem and it was not their fault. Most of the snafus are from the cruise lines, the airlines, hotels etc. So far I will keeping booking with VTG. They always get me a good deal.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I recently a booked a cruise on the Westerdam from Fort Lauderdale to Rome. The prices listed on Vacations to Go were unbelievably low for a suite. When I called to book it, the VTG agent double checked the prices were correct for a suite. I carefully went over with him what was included in the suite. On each item, he assured me it was included.

After the cruise was fully paid for, I checked the room category and it wasn't what I was told I was booking. I called vtg and the agent told me I must be mistaken, everything I asked for was included in the suite I booked. He assured me twice. Then he called back to tell me he was mistaken, those items weren't included. It would be an additional $2500, more than the original cost. When I suggested we split the difference, an offer I thought was generous, the vtg agent got back to me and said they had a tape of the day I booked the cruise where the agent told me those things I asked for were not included.

Since he admitted twice that he had told me they were, I asked to hear the tape. He said he didn't know how that could happen. Because of my husband's health requirements, we need the suite, so I paid the extra money. I have used Vacations To Go before and have been satisfied sometimes and other times not. I keep swearing I won't use them again, but keep going back. However, they have finally won. I will never use them again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

For the last three days I've been receiving cold calls from them, even though I have no interest in cruising. Last night they called again at 1:30 AM on a "do not call" line using an anonymous number. Any company who does this is very suspicious, and likely on the verge of bankruptcy. I would not use them to make a booking, nor would I ever give these scammers my credit card number.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

In September 2016, I booked a trip for Los Cabos. They gave me one month to pay the cost approx. $4,900+. I paid. We were set to leave on 12/22/16. Delta canceled our flight. We lost a whole day of vacation. (May I also add how incompetent Delta Airlines is... The morning of our cancelled flight, we waited 2 1/2 hours to retrieve our luggage, which never came. Decided to leave and go eat breakfast and came back 2 hours later and still no luggage. They told us in Delta baggage office, it would meet us at our destination. However, my husband's blood pressure meds were needed. It took them more than another hour (+) to find our luggage and when we did get our bags THEY WERE MARKED TO FLY TO CANCUN!!! Also out $40 for return transportation but I digress).

It is the end of January 2017. We have yet to hear about a reimbursement for time lost. There was ABSOLUTELY NO EFFORT made to get us to our destination and to extend our trip by a day would come out of our pocket and the resort would charge us $690 and Delta offered us $495. Generous, right? (Dripping Sarcasm) I'm looking to go to Costa Rica in December and I will NEVER USE DELTA nor Vacations to go ever again based on my first and last experience with both. OH, and BTW, Delta wanted to give us a voucher to be used ONLY with Delta. Good for them. Not good for me. They demanded cash up front two full months in advance. I think I'm due a cash reimbursement, what do you think? Will this negative review spur Vacations to Go/Delta Vacations to respond. I guess time will tell and I am willing to remove the complaint should I be satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I used Vacations To Go last year to go to Aruba for my husband & I's 10 year wedding anniversary. The website itself is very user friendly & I was contacted in the amount of time per the website. A gentlemen by the name of M.J ** called me & was so helpful, friendly & accommodating. I had even called him back a few times for questions. He always got back to me in a timely fashion, answered my questions & made sure I understood everything he explained. It was a great experience & I just booked a family vacation to Disney. Thanks for making my vacation planning easy & enjoyable Vacations To Go!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I wanted to share my experience with ScapeToVacations. They invited me to an all inclusive vacation in Cancun to stay for 5 nights and 6 days in Gran Caribe Resort. They kept calling me and finally I bought the voucher in Oct. When I called in Nov, I was told to call up in Dec. Dec I called up and then I was told to call up in Jan. Now in Jan, the agent on the call is proposing resorts which are 3 star and not the 4 star. This has been the most poor experience so far and I will not recommend you guys to anyone in future.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I booked a cruise from Fort Lauderdale and spent some time with a VTG agent fussing about my cabin and whether the view was obscured by a lifeboat. I'd rather have slept INSIDE the ** lifeboat than where she put us. The room she chose was DIRECTLY above the discotheque which banged away until 2 am often. We could not sleep until they closed it down. I am a mature citizen -- why don't they and Holland America put drinkers/dancers in rooms like that? Now here's the point. VTG just want to sell you a room and don't give a ** about your welfare. IF the VTG agents were properly trained they would know the structural aspects of all cruise ships and where the noise zones are. I've been on about six cruises and NEVER had this kind of problem before. WHO DESIGNS a ship that way! IDIOTS is the answer.

SO please don't book a cruise on the HA KONINGSDAM anywhere below the sixth floor or you run this risk. My husband reviewed the floor and believes that AT LEAST 20 rooms would be badly affected on the fourth floor of this stupid ship! (It's new, CARNIVALIZED and CANNIBALIZED and not nearly as cool as HA cruises used to be). I informed Mr Alan Fox of VTG about our awful experiences and all I got was his reassurances that they'd help us book our next cruise. There was NO discussion about safeguarding future passengers. As a matter of fact I got so my platitudes from them, I think I was dealing with some junior who just spends all day typing pablum responses. DO your own research -- you have to protect yourself -- these people just want your order, that's it!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I have worked with Vacations To Go for years booking cruises and always had a great experience until lately. I am finding they are advertising false cruise fares to get customers to call and then do not have the prices anywhere near what they advertise. I am done with Vacations to go!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

This company falsely advertises its jobs. I personally know someone that worked 72 hours a week for 4 straight weeks and his/her pay check was only $900. I was told you cannot afford to take a day off because you have to be available when your customers call for you. On the customer side I called and was left on hold for over 20 minutes, I finally hung up and booked my own cruise directly with the cruise line, and actually saved more money. A friend of mine booked with Vacations To Go and then could never get a hold of his agent to ask questions and make changes (but they are supposed to be available when you call).

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I booked cruise to Europe with Costa with Vacations To Go. I was told my cruise would cost me £4600 British pounds. However when it came to paying the whole dynamic changed. It then became more than £5129. I was told by Megan ** that was because of the exchange rate. I told them to listen to my telephone conversation. Despite that they still lied and carry on with their lies. This is from booking operator to vice president. I was told that my call were also listen by the company's vice president and he too is not going to change my price plan. I explained that I am traveling with my family and had budgeted certain amount for this holiday but they were not negotiable. I now have also paid for all my flights and cannot get refund from Vacations To Go or flights company. I am very disappointed with their attitude and total dishonesty. I would never book again with them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

My suggestion is be very careful about working with these folks. I got a bid on a cruise to Alaska in late August 2017 (nearly 1 year in advance). The bid made it sound like the offer was a very good. They also said cabins in the category that I requested were very scarce. The deal offered was no better than what Princess was offering on their website. Over half the cabins in the category quoted are still available. Many cabins were available on the Starboard side of the ship on a Northbound cruise. I actually have a cabin reserved from what seems a very good agency. I wanted to see what "vacations to go" would come up with. Many other other travel agencies have much better deals and would not be so shady.

Vacations To Go Company Information