Vacations To Go

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I booked cruise to Europe with Costa with Vacations To Go. I was told my cruise would cost me £4600 British pounds. However when it came to paying the whole dynamic changed. It then became more than £5129. I was told by Megan ** that was because of the exchange rate. I told them to listen to my telephone conversation. Despite that they still lied and carry on with their lies. This is from booking operator to vice president. I was told that my call were also listen by the company's vice president and he too is not going to change my price plan. I explained that I am traveling with my family and had budgeted certain amount for this holiday but they were not negotiable. I now have also paid for all my flights and cannot get refund from Vacations To Go or flights company. I am very disappointed with their attitude and total dishonesty. I would never book again with them.

My suggestion is be very careful about working with these folks. I got a bid on a cruise to Alaska in late August 2017 (nearly 1 year in advance). The bid made it sound like the offer was a very good. They also said cabins in the category that I requested were very scarce. The deal offered was no better than what Princess was offering on their website. Over half the cabins in the category quoted are still available. Many cabins were available on the Starboard side of the ship on a Northbound cruise. I actually have a cabin reserved from what seems a very good agency. I wanted to see what "vacations to go" would come up with. Many other other travel agencies have much better deals and would not be so shady.

This company charges everyone different prices and give different on board credit. Seems they make it up as they go. We have a small group that booked and we all were given different prices and different amounts of on board credit. Seems to be an ongoing thing there. Shady, very shady. I would use cruises only if I ever book another cruise.

This was the wrong company but it won't let me delete it.

Original Review

I got this and was told I only paid a deposit of $198, then when I scheduled my cruise I had to pay another $294 for taxes, fees, and fuel charges. Also I was told I could upgrade to an ocean view for an additional cost. I did this because I don't like interior rooms, they are too small. Total came to $563 and change. I just got my travel confirmation and I am NOT in an ocean view, it is an interior. I called and said this isn't what I was told and they said "well we can look for an ocean view for an additional charge." I said no I've already paid and I am not paying again. In addition when I paid the $563, 2 days later somebody charged my credit card to the tune of approx. $200 in Florida. I find it ironic that I hardly ever use this card and it's used 2 days later in the same state.

I saw a fast deal for a hotel advertised for$ 41.70, wrote down the fast deal number and called them. They claimed it was no such deal and tried to charge me $101.00. This is called bait and switch! The customer service team would not honor the price which was still being advertised at the $41.70 rate. Wow. I will never use this company again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I have purchased a ocean view cabin for my cruise to Alaska with Vacations To Go. The salesperson Tiger ** advised that ocean view is obstructed. I requested none obstructed view. She charged me additional $200.00 for the upgrade. When arrived to my ship, I find out that cabin did not had any window, but only a porthole. She have also told me that there would be $25.00 on board credit from Vacations To Go. That was not true either. This salesperson Tiger ** defrauded me. Anyone who traveled knows that porthole is lesser category than even obstructed ocean view. I have paid and upgraded to Unobstructed ocean view. So she doubled down her fraud plus undelivered on board credit. Shame on her. There was no misunderstanding. She was deliberate in her actions. Needless to say I am utterly disgusted.

Just spent 3 hours planning a trip that was advertised on-line by Vacations To Go "all inclusive" to Ixtapa, MX. Planned the flight with American Airlines then called Vacations To Go to lock in the dates and fare quoted which said includes: 1 room, meals, drinks and activities for a mountain view room. When I called Vac. to Go, I was put on hold for a long time then was told they would call me back. Got a call in about 15 min. to say that was an error for all the various dates I checked on as it was ROOM ONLY - NOT ALL INCLUSIVE. I've used this company in the past, but this is the last time. Could you call it "bait and switch"?

Just checked a cruise for 2018 with a so called discount of 50% from Vacations To Go. I received their quote and then checked the cruise website’s advertised brochure price. The Vacations To Go price was a few hundred Aussie dollars cheaper than the listed price on the website. When I queried the pricing I was told that the 50% discount is off the initial brochure listed price. Hello this cruise is in July 2018 so the brochure price would not have gone down that much since first listed. All I can say here is check your prices well before booking with this company as I feel their brochure pricing and discounts are overstated. As their website is updated daily the brochure price should represent the CURRENT website price for that cruise followed by their discount. Otherwise it is very deceiving.

We have now booked at least 10 cruises with Vacations To Go and have found them to be fantastic. Our cruise consultant Brenda could not be more helpful.

We have saved many thousands of £'s booking with them. And you can get your deposit back up to 90 days before sailing if you change your mind for ANY reason. We have another 33-night cruise booked for 2017 and we saved at least £2000.

This was my moms first time booking a cruise and I feel as though Vacations To Go use that as an advantage to get extra Money out of her pocket!! Things should have been explained better to her. Also these sites should be about helping people pay Less not makings and finding ways for them to pay More! I suggest no one use these Guys???

Do not book with Vacations To Go. I paid over 5,000 and booked three cabins and because I had to make changes to my booking more than 15 days before we cruise they took over 1,400 from me, took away my large ocean view room and cramped 4 people in a room with no windows. I was told it would be investigated; however, the owner had the supervisor call me to say that I should have understood the changes. They made me pay for my son twice because he went from one room to the next a room already paid as well. DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM, PLEASE THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT WORKING CLASS PEOPLE. I'm looking for others that had the same problem or any problems. We can get together and focus on changing policies or looking more into this company. I travel on May 21 and will be looking for other to help me in this fight.

Was told on the phone that part of the deal was a free stay in Vegas with my family -- Turned out not to be true, we were charged an extra $40. The "free" cruise certificate we received had approximately $350 worth of fees attached to it and was only good for certain weeks. (We ended up booking directly through Carnival for the same price and got a better room and the week we wanted.) Bottom line, when they call -- just hang up.

Vacations To Go - positive experiences 8 April. WE have booked around 10 repositioning cruises with V2G. To Singapore & Buenos Aires, & Panama Canal, etc. Just got back from Hong Kong to Venice arriving 5 April. Check records of V2G. Always had great experiences and even a few unexpected shipboard credit gifts.

I am surprised to see so many negative reviews on Consumer Affairs.

The only bad experience we ever had on a cruise was with Holland America. They refused us boarding unless we had an India visa--would have cost us $500 for a 5 hour port stop for a 10 year visa we didn't want. This was after several travel agents, 2 ambassadors, all said we did not need if we stayed on the ship. V2G couldn't help us on this one so we got the visa and boarded 12 days late into the cruise. I would never go on a cruise where the cruise line was adamant about requiring an India Visa. Fact is we went on Royal Carib, Costa and several other trips booked thru V2G where the line did NOT require an India visa. Anyway, I give V2G 5 stars. They had by far the best prices & biggest discounts.

I had been stalking cruise prices on various travel sites and came across Vacations To Go ("VTG"). I was surprised at how few reviews there were about what looked to be an online travel agency with very extensive cruise offerings. There is a long thread on TripAdvisor about this company. It began in 2006 with numerous threads defaming and supporting VTG up until 2015 when the forum was closed in 2015 due to some inflammatory posts that got off topic. I have cruised previously with Viking Ocean Cruises, Princess and Norwegian so I am not new to cruising.

I cannot speak to some poster's negative experiences on this website, but I felt compelled to write this review because thus far I have had a very pleasant experience and would recommend VTG. Thus far, I have had a dedicated travel agent who returns my calls and emails promptly. I searched what appeared to be at least 10 competing cruise sites and NO ONE could compare to the price that I got on VTG. I recently put a deposit on a high end all-inclusive luxury cruise line.

I think with all things that you need to be BUYER BEWARE and to do your research. Read forums and know that people with negative experiences are more likely to post complaints than those who have had positive experiences. I will write a follow up report after my cruise in October 2016, but thus far, I have nothing but positive things to say about this company. I put my money where my mouth is. I have committed to spending over $8,000 for a 7-day cruise with VTG. No, I am not a shill, employee or marketing person for this company. I write for a living and am periodically inspired to write reviews.

I've never been treated worse. They don't call you back. They don't price match like they say they do. I will never use refer these people. Even the manager was a jerk. They gave me ** because they booked the wrong flight then cancelled my vacation and wouldn't call my bank to release the charges so I could book somewhere else. BEWARE.

This agent sent out a warning concerning the Zika Virus being in some of the ports that we were going to. We were very concerned since we were not sure what the medical consequences may be as more information was released about this virus so based on their warning we canceled our cruise. We had trip cancellation insurance with CSA Travel Protection but they have denied our claim. All of the reviews that I saw concerning claims were also denied for one reason or another. CSA is a scam and should be put out of business. Vacations To Go gave us a partial refund but we have still lost $1099.00 due to their warning.

Me, my son, and my granddaughter went on a Disney cruise. We booked thru Vacations To Go. It was obvious the person taking the reservation did not know anything about the ship. I always get concierge service and am willing to pay more for it. This operator was way too inexperienced. I kept having to call back over and over and get his boss. He kept saying "Well that will add to the trip." I paid for the concierge service only to discover that I DID NOT have it when I got on the trip, did not like the accommodations at all. We were put in with the masses and waited in long lines.

Book directly. They couldn't help on the ship because we did not directly book thru them. I was very disappointed in the cruise. Disney at no new characters. They had Mary Poppins show that my children couldn't relate to and have not upgraded their characters at all. No Ariel, no Beauty and Beast, no Lion King. They had a picture taking sessions with the princesses and with Anna Frozen but the princess was overweight and not friendly. I would never book with these people again!!! Horrible!!! No one got back to me when I called them from the ship. I kept getting an excuse that "He no longer works here" or "He was on vacation!!!"

12/1/2015 - Vacations to Go. Family cruise, Nov. 26 to Dec 1, 2015, Brilliance of the Seas, Tampa - 15 Family Members. I am sharing this summary of our cruise experience so you may share with your colleagues and Royal Caribbean to assist with future bookings so you and Royal Caribbean have a better understanding of the product. You & they are marketing. Based on our experience it is obvious you have no idea what you are providing your customers. Please keep in mind that I am a Platinum member of the Crown and Anchor Club. 8 previous Cruises with Royal Caribbean. Also sharing with others to prevent anyone from incurring the disappointment we experienced. It is obvious, based on our discussion with you - our expectations were way too high.

Cabins: As you are aware we arranged for one two-bedroom Suite, 3 Deluxe outside cabins with Balconies and 2 Inside cabins. The two bedroom suite We confirmed with you, our travel consultant. The bedrooms were of the same size, the bathrooms and shower facilities would be within the sleeping areas, both bedrooms plus both Cabins and the common area would have a television. The Balcony would be a wrap around balcony. The Sleeping rooms in the two bedroom Suite, Cabin7672, on Brilliance of The Seas are not the same size. One contains a queen size bed, The 2nd sleeping area has two very small beds, one light in the room and NO television. The Bathroom is located outside the sleeping areas resulting in very little privacy. The balcony was only large enough for one chair one small table and a very small lounge chair. It was wrap around however there was only access to 25% of the Balcony.

Deluxe outside cabins: As requested one of the outside cabins was handicapped accessible. This cabin was of ample size one chair and one bed consisting of two small single size beds combined to make a very small queen size bed. 2 Deluxe outside with a balcony, did not have chairs (had to move one of the chairs from the small balcony inside to sit on) consisted of one bed, consisting of two small single size beds combined to make a very small queen size bed. No access to roll away beds etc. Two inside cabins were just that, two beds, very small, one table light. The family members sharing these cabins had difficulty sleeping because they were 59 - too tall to comfortably fit in the beds. Very disappointing.

Dinner: As you are aware you confirmed early seating for dinner for 15 (the family members traveling on this cruise). We presented ourselves to the head waiter at 6PM, he curtly told us they were unable to accommodate us there were no reservations for early seating for us. Did not matter - we had paperwork with us.

Finally after being embarrassed by delaying other guests we were able to escalate the issue to someone who could make a decision and they did seat us, two tables one at one end of the dining room the other at the other end. It was obvious they have the capability of seating 15 at one table. There were no less than three families traveling with 15 or more all seated together one table. What I will say is the staff (worker bees) including Dinner wait staff were terrific. Overall, very disappointed with Vacations to Go. You provide an expedited process for reservations. However based on our experience you have no idea what you are providing.

On October, 26, 2015, I called Vacations To Go on a recommendation to book our honeymoon in Punta Cana. I spoke with Tex who took all our information and we gave him the resort we were interested in and the dates. He then asked for our full names and DOBs and said he was going to call us back shortly. 2 hrs later, still not call back and it was getting late so I took the initiative and called only to get his voicemail. I then called back and spoke with Annette who asked for my phone number and said there was nothing in the system under my cell or home numbers and said she would speak with Tex's supervisor and have them call me back.

1 hr went by and then Tex called back saying he could not secure the flight we needed and at that point we were so negatively drained that we told him we were no longer interested. But then we decided to take the more expensive flight as we really wanted this for our honeymoon and I called him back and left a voicemail for him to call back and we never heard from him again. This truly turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as we booked our trip to Punta Cana with and got a much cheaper price and also got seats on that original flight, but I reached out to the CEO, Allan Fox from Vacations To go who said he would investigate and have someone get back to me and that was 1 week ago. So I had to relay this to other prospective customers of Vacations To Go.

It is unfortunate to say that we are very unhappy with the service from Vacations To Go. Previously, we have been happy, so we attempted to book another cruise. I was working with a certain travel counselor who had quoted me a great price on Thursday for a cruise to the Caribbean. When I then called to book the cruise with him on Friday, he told me he would prefer to book the cruise on Monday as he was going to be leaving work in about 15 minutes. I informed him that would be fine as long as we would be guaranteed the same price as we were ready to book now. He then took our names and birthdays in what we believed, was the plan to hold the rooms.

Then today, Monday, when we spoke to conclude the booking, the cruise price had increased and he told us there was nothing he could do to get us the original price he quoted. I reminded him the WE had called him on Friday to book the cruise but he had PREFERRED to do it Monday as he wanted to leave work soon. We gave him the 4 travelers names and birth dates to place it on hold, but apparently he did not.

I then emailed Vacations to Go to deal with this issue, feeling fairly confident that our situation would somehow, in some way be resolved so we could continue utilizing Vacations to Go. Unfortunately, the manager said there was nothing that could be done and that without names and birth dates (which we had provided), they couldn't have put them on hold. The problem is, WE had called to book on Friday, we spoke to the travel counselor who wanted to go home instead, he did not book our rooms as we initially called for but then did not even put the rooms on hold as we understood he was going to.

The manager expressed understanding our disappointment but made no attempt to apologize for how this worker dealt with our situation (preferring to go home rather than book a cruise for a customer???). This manager actually told us to "call (the same worker) and he can continue to help us and monitor the cruise for us." How is this even close to helping a return customer?? This was so unprofessional and disappointing. I expected so much more. When a worker makes an error, the company should stand by servicing their customers. Vacations To Go has been good in the past, but unfortunately, their customer service is very poor when one of their employees handled the situation appallingly.

I have booked numerous cruises on Vacations To Go. Never have I encountered an agent that wasn't helpful in every possible way. I just booked a cruise to Mexico via a nice young man named Travis. I have nothing but good things to say about Vacations To Go. **, Northfield, MN.

HORRIBLE… We had 6 family members denied boarding because they didn't have Canadian visas for trip to Alaska from Seattle. I made it very clear to the sales rep, and asked what exactly will they need to take this cruise. He said if they have Nigerian passports and USA visa, that was all they needed. BS!!... They came all the way from Africa for a family vacation. Not only did they give us false info, but I had asked for 2 outside with decks, and 1 outside suite with deck so 4 people could sleep in that larger room. Found out they gave us no suite, but an outside regular size room with a window!! I have booked many cruises in the past, and I have never dealt with such a misinformed sales rep Mr.**!! They are not offering me anything for their huge mistake. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY FOR CRUISES!!

Even though V2Go was not the tour operator, they represented to us the superior quality and professionalism of Gate1 tours. This tour was a nightmare from the 2nd day! Tour was interrupted halfway because of low water (which was not their fault) but they should have bused us to the next port and pick up the ship there (which VIKING RIVER CRUISES DID FOR THEIR 400 PASSENGERS ON 3 SHIPS!). Gate 1 did not give us what they promised regarding meals, drinks etc. I could go on and on but in the end: Do not book a river cruise with V2Go and Gate 1 travel. You get what you pay for!

I've booked about 18 cruises over 15 years, using Vacations To Go. I've never had a problem and in a couple of cases I had truly exceptional service. I notice a few of the other complaints are about the ships and not V2G. Lifeboats below your deck are not considered an obstruction by the cruise lines. Only something on your deck obstructing your view directly out your window is considered an obstruction. We had the same issue but we were at least aware of it having looked at deckplans.

I'm an experienced cruiser who has never used them, but when I saw their ad for a January 2016 cruise, it caught my eye. It said: "Exclusive Offer! Book select Oceanview categories and higher, and receive a FREE $150 per cabin onboard credit plus choose one of the following offers: 1. An additional $300 per cabin onboard (for a total per cabin onboard credit of $450), or 2. FREE pre-paid gratuities for two, or 3. A FREE Classic Beverage Package for two, which includes select alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard, or 4. Unlimited Internet access." When I called them, they immediately told me that this "free" offering cost an additional $300!

I made a mistake on the reservation I made on a hotel through VTG, noticed it right after and I cancelled the reservation. They canceled the room but did not inform me until they had done it that there is no refund for the charges. I was off by one day on the date. Called Best Western to complain, they say it was VTG's policy for no refund. VTG says it is Best Western policy, nothing can be done. I'm out $115.00 for a room I didn't use. I won't use Best Western or VTG again.

I went to a Cancun resort for my little brother's wedding and used Vacations To Go to book the flight and resort. VTG saved me $1,250 vs going with a travel agent to the same resort. We flew non stop to and from Cancun - the same as our friends & relatives. We enjoyed the same amenities from the resort. Room service, sailboats, all the food, espresso, booze that we could consume. The only difference being - I paid $1,250 less for my trip! I plan on booking another vacation with for my wife & I in the near future.

The company Vacations to Go finally resolved this issue to my satisfaction. I would recommend VTG to others for booking a cruise vacation. A word of thanks to ConsumerAffairs and the Houston Better Business Bureau for helping in resolving my issue.

Original Review

Holland America charged us $25.00 a day for "Hotel Services" on contacting the Vacations to Go. I was given an 800 number to call HA about this charge. I emailed Mr Alan ** of VTG who replied he would have someone look into this. The follow up was that the VTG agent was at fault. Our original bill paying for cruise indicated that gratuities were included in the fee. VTG has wiped their hands of this matter and offered a 10% discount on a future cruise. I want my $175.00 that was charged by HA as an additional gratuity over and above what we paid to VTG. Vacations to Go in my mind is definitely a buyer beware internet company.

Having used VTG in the past, suggested to friends we use them for our Splendors of Europe river cruise. The cruise line canceled our original date but our agent neglected to mention it at all until six months later attaching a document from the cruise line requesting documentation which we provided to her in the beginning. (She still did not mention the change. I caught it while looking at the attachment.) To make an error riddled, long sordid story short we have received no apology regarding this mix-up and our agent's supervisor has totally placed the blame on the cruise line and accepts no fault by any of the staff or self. I'm concerned that this experience may not yet be over as we have not received our documents to date as promised. I'm extremely disappointed and will not use this company again - mainly because of the total disregard for our feelings.

My husband and I, along with 3 of our friends booked a river boat cruise with this company. Our contact person is Tracia ** and her supervisor is Jay **. When we booked we gave all the information (name, address, birth date, passport info, etc) but the first email back from Tracia had incorrect information... names not spelled correctly, wrong dates of birth, one person missing insurance (which we ordered and was included in payment). Everything she sent had an error of some type. My friend received an email from Tracia around the end of April asking for personal information (again) and she noticed it said our sailing date was 7/27 instead of 8/22.

Called Tracia and she said she tried to call me in February but I had not responded to her. We were in Mexico for three months and I show no record of her calling.. there wasn't an email sent to any of us nor did she try to call one of the others. She said the trip had been cancelled and it wasn't her fault (as usual) and that she had rebooked us on an earlier date. Luckily we could go on the earlier date but had to change our airline tickets. She said due to the confusion, they would pay the change fee. Gave all information (or most of it) again and she sent new confirmations but she had 4 of us leaving on 7/27 and ONE leaving on 8/11... so another call to get us all on the same trip.

In June she contacted me once again for flight info and passport info (this is at least 3 times) and told me the documents would be here in a week to 10 days. We are past that time frame so I will be calling her in the morning and I just discovered we don't have transportation from the airport to the ship, even though I have ordered it now three times but I confirmation says "no airport to ship transfer."

My friend contacted Tracia's supervisor but the complaint was basically ignored. I would NEVER recommend them and will do my best to warn anyone I know looking for an agency, to stay away from this one. I've been traveling for many years and have never encountered this many problems in all my years together. I have no faith that everything will be correct or even if we will have reservations to take the trip. We are traveling on Emerald Waterways and I have heard good things about them but I question why they would connect themselves to Vacations to Go???

Vacations To Go Company Profile