Vacations To Go Reviews

• 0%
  • 3%
  • 92%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?
    Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Fake deals on the Vacations To Go site just to get their hands on your data. I would not recommend to do business with them. Found a deal, asked for a call, nobody called; I called them to tell me that everything is sold out, and the website is slow to update. :)))

Pinned

Dear Anka, we apologize for any negative impression you may have gained. We received four call requests from you between 7:59am and 8:15am. One of our travel counselors contacted you via email at 8:22am, as your first request stated you do not take calls from unknown numbers. We received your call at 8:23am to speak with a different agent. We're sorry the sailing you were interested in was sold out. If there's another sailing you may be interested in, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed July 2, 2024

We were charged extra $1500 without our permission, and zero help from their customer service. Do not book through Vacations To Go. Find your cruise and then book through the cruise ship company directly. It's the same price. We booked from Vacations To Go and were upgraded to a higher priced cabin without our knowledge. By the time we realized what had happened, they had our deposit and the original cabins we wanted were not available for the price they quoted. For their illegal action, they gave us $100 on board credit. No refund. No waiver of cancellation fee. We would have taken onboard credit in equal value of fraud, but the best they can do is %10 from our next booking. Thanks but no thanks. Don't book through Vacations To Go.

Pinned

Arin, we apologize if you feel we were dishonest in any way. Your travel partner, Ms. Davis, made the travel arrangements on your behalf and agreed to the price emailed to her prior to her card being charged. As stated on our site and in the emailed quote, all prices are in U.S. Dollars, subject to the conversion rates of the credit card or bank she used. We're sorry if the details were not communicated to you clearly after Ms. Davis received them. We hope you're still able to enjoy your cruise.

Resolution In Progress

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

PriceStaff

Reviewed June 29, 2024

Prices change everyday on their site. They quoted me $2200 for two people on a 2D cabin and when I compared to another travel site (Cruises.com) they were only $1365. Then I cross checked with Royal Caribbean's direct website and they were $1800. Have used V2G in past but never again. Even brought to the attention of the Executive Management and all he could say was sorry and didn't even try to match.

Pinned

Thanks for writing, Michael. As the world’s largest seller of cruises, we can always offer the same price as the cruise line, often lower. Please feel free to give us another call and we can assist you further. Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed May 4, 2024

False advertising! I have yet to use them, but after seeing all the reviews I may not. Not to mention they are false advertising their prices. So when you see (You Save xx%), it's not true. When I checked the price on V2G and compared it to what the cruise line is offering, it is the exact same, and the cruise line is cheaper. One example is I looked at Royal Caribbean for a suite. V2G advertised $2,679 say I save 48%, but when I checked RCCL website for the exact same cruise, date, and room, they are giving me the exact same price. I even checked another cruise line like NCL and it was the same. If anything NCL was a couple hundred bucks cheaper. So save your time and just book with the cruise line and not a third party agent. Because after reading some of these reviews and seeing when people have issues, it's impossible to get anything done or corrected.

Just do your homework before you book with V2G. Compare with the cruise line and maybe other websites before you decide. Because if they are truly advertising so much off or save then it should be what the cruise line is offering then that percentage off. Like the RCCl I said. If the RCCL price is $2679, then it should be 48% off of that price, not the same.

Pinned

Dear Ryan, we're sorry you have such a negative impression of Vacations To Go, despite having never used our services. We can assure you that we do not engage in false advertising. Vacations To Go is celebrating 40 years of business, having served more than 8 million people. All prices are provided to us by the cruise line, including the brochure rates, which are the value the cruise line places on the cabins being sold. We're often able to offer rates lower than the cruise line. Give us a call!

Reviewed April 22, 2024

We are trying to go on the excursion in Cozumel for the trolly tour. In two words - don’t go! The directions are incorrect. It is confusing. We stood under the shopping village sign for 20 mins and even went to the office twice. The staff do not attempt to look for you. They just sat there chatting and laughing away. What service, huh? Don’t waste your money on this. It says likely to sell out - what a lie!

Pinned

Thank you for writing, Sharon. We're sorry you were unable to take your excursion and for the frustration you experienced trying to locate the excursion operator. Your excursions were purchased through our third-party excursion supplier, Shore Excursions Group (SEG). The manager you spoke to yesterday has contacted them on your behalf to request compensation. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as we have an update. We're sorry again and hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

When I called to book a resort, they said, I booked 10 years ago, and I was difficult over a credit and misrepresented myself as a travel agency. First of all, I’m not a travel agency, so they obviously mixed me up with somebody without giving me an opportunity to defend myself. A bunch of little kids are running the place. It is a joke, plus I looked it up. You can save a lot of money by going to a different place and booking. They don’t offer much more. Insults!

Pinned

Lisa, we've confirmed that your contact information matches that which was provided in 2014 when you traveled with us previously. I'm afraid Vacations To Go can no longer act as your travel agency. Please know this is never a decision we take lightly, and we regret that we were not a good fit for planning travel together. We wish you all the best and appreciate your understanding.

Verified purchase
      David increased rating by 3 stars.
      Customer ServiceStaff
      After a positive interaction with Vacations To Go, David increased their star rating on Jan. 17, 2024.

Updated review: Jan. 17, 2024

Thank you Vacations To Go for investigating my issue and taking corrective action. I greatly appreciate your efforts in helping me get this resolved. You made it right and that means a lot.

Original Review: Jan. 12, 2024

During Cyber Monday of last year (2023) I purchased a FastDeal cruise from Vacations To Go (V2G) for a cruise taking place in May 2024. This week I was looking at my booking on the Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) website and realized that I could not find all of the offer incentives that were included with the package that I purchased. I contacted NCL support and was told that I would have to speak with V2G about the discrepancy. I contacted the V2G agent that I worked with during the initial booking and asked if he could help me find the options in the package that I had purchased.

The booking that I purchased included the following offers: 1. $50 onboard credit per cabin 2. Unlimited open bar 3. 1 meal at a specialty dining restaurant 4. Free Wifi 5. $50 shore excursion credit per cabin. When I asked the V2G agent to show me where to find these within my reservation he stated that my booking did not include the "Free At Sea" offer and that he had booked my reservation under NCL's "EasyFare" offer which does not include all of the options that I thought to have purchased. He then proceed to tell me that I could pay more to add the "Free At Sea" offer. When I purchased the cruise, the agent and I had extended dialog about how great of a deal it was because it included the unlimited open bar. In fact, he never mentioned anything about a "Free At Sea or EasyFare" package. When challenging him on this, he reiterated that he could certainly add the option and that I would need to pay for it.

I asked to escalate the matter and he told me that there was no escalation path. He stated that they record all of their calls to ensure accuracy so I asked for a copy of the recording, he refused to provide the recording citing that that it was for internal use only. To this point the agent has refused to acknowledge or correct his error. The phone recording of our conversation would reveal that I was led to believe the offers were in fact included and there is no mention of either the "Free At Sea or EasyFare" offers. If this cannot be resolved, this will be both my first and last V2G purchase.

Pinned

Thank you for writing, David. We're very sorry for any misunderstanding or miscommunication that may have taken place about the promotion being purchased. I'm happy to ask a manager to contact you to discuss this and investigate the situation further, but I'm afraid I don't have enough information to locate your booking. Can you please provide your reservation number so that we may assist you further? Thank you again, and we look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2024

We won a vacation with this company by listening to a marketing pitch. They strung us along for months. Two fees. We are out about 150. It takes so long before you realize you're scammed, you can't even get the money back from your credit card company. Don't do business with them.

Pinned

Thanks for writing, Chris. I'm afraid you have us confused with a different company. We don't have booking or membership fees and none of our customers are asked to attend marketing, promotional or time share pitches. We also do not offer up free vacations as incentives or prizes. We hope that you're able to find the company you're looking for, and redeem the trip they've promised you. Please consider removing this review and rewriting it for the appropriate parties. Thanks and best wishes!

Customer Service

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2023

I am writing to share my recent experience with Vacations to Go organization, specifically in relation to the Alaska cruise my wife and I took in September through the Holland America Line. To provide some context, we chose Vacations To Go for this trip due to a family reunion organized by a member who had used your services in the past. However, our overall experience with your agency was less than satisfactory, and I feel compelled to share our concerns.

First off, I want to highlight the positive aspect of our journey—the cruise itself with Holland America Line. The cruise was exceptional, and we would highly recommend this cruise line to anyone seeking a memorable and enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, our praise does not extend to the level of assistance and service we received from Vacations To Go. Our disappointment began with the agency's lack of support in preparing for the trip. We anticipated assistance with air travel, hotels, logistics from the train to the ship, meal accommodations, and more. However, we found that your organization provided very little information or support in these areas. As a result, we had to create our own itinerary to reach the ship and plan our post-cruise destinations.

Moreover, the excursions we booked through Vacations To Go were not seamlessly integrated with the cruise ship's offerings. This lack of integration led to communication challenges, and unfortunately, we were unable to partake in an excursion for which we had spent a significant amount of money. Despite adhering to all rules and submitting the required documentation, we are still waiting for reimbursement four months later. This experience has left us disheartened, especially considering that we invested in your protection plans, which proved to be a waste of money.

The delay in reimbursement and the apparent disregard for your own policies are particularly troubling. As a company with an annual revenue in the millions, we expected a higher level of professionalism and adherence to stated guidelines. It is disconcerting to discover that Vacations To Go has numerous complaints on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, further diminishing our confidence in your services. In conclusion, our experience with Vacations To Go has been disappointing, and we have decided not to use their services in the future. We hope that this information serves as an opportunity for their improvement, and for them to reconsider your policies and practices to enhance customer satisfaction.

Pinned

Thanks for writing, Jerry. We're sorry to hear you're displeased with the assistance you received before & after your trip. We're also disappointed you were unable to make the shore excursion due to falling ill. As explained in our BBB response, Shore Excursions Group (SEG) cannot issue your refund until the paperwork they've sent you is completed and returned. One of our managers has contacted you to assist you with the process, and we hope SEG can issue a swift refund at that time. Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2023

Completed my first booking with VTG with Grace. I was booking an MSC cruise and have asked her a lot of questions before I paid in full. She appeared to be annoyed with every question I asked, but assured that I need to complete my booking first (make final payment) before I can make any special request for linked reservations. She has not rerate our deal on the day of final payment, price was lower on that date. She has found million of excuses why she cannot complete any of our requests after we completed the booking. The agent is unprofessional and has no knowledge about cruise lines she booked. Remember, VTG that you don't seek out customers, we reach out to you ourselves with fast deal we want and simply want you to book. Agent should know information about each product they sell and not guide customers to read cruise policies.

Pinned

Thanks you for writing, Anna. We're sorry to hear that you are not pleased with your travel counselor. We see that several emails have been exchanged between you both with questions and information, and I'm sorry that MSC's policies limit our ability to fulfill some of your requests. That said, I've asked one of our managers to contact you to address your concerns, answer any remaining questions and see if there's anything else MSC will allow us to do. We look forward to speaking with you.

Vacations To Go Company Information