2.74/5

174 Vacations To Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 8, 2019

We have booked over a dozen cruises with this site... Vacations To Go. Each trip went smooth and as planned. Many perks or onboard credits were explained at time of booking. We could not ask for a better experience. All issues of planning was kindly addressed. Thanks.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your kind words, Cynthia! We appreciate the time you took to leave such positive comments, and we are so glad to hear that you have received such great service from us over the years. We appreciate your loyalty and your business, and we look forward to assisting you with your vacations for many years to come!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2019

Our cruise had to be cancelled as we were just informed our dog is diabetic, we need to give her insulin shots twice a day and watch her closely. We told them the TRUTH about why we had to cancel our cruise, now we are penalized 75% of the damn HIGH cost. We should have lied and said it was one of us who had a medical reason to cancel. WE WILL NEVER USE VACATIONS TO GO OR ROYAL CARIBBEAN AGAIN!!!! They are heartless **.

Vacations To Go response

Debi, I am truly sorry about your dog's diagnosis and cruise cancellation. Please understand as a travel agency, we are obliged to follow the cruise line's cancellation and penalty policies. I see that one of our managers has been in contact with Royal Caribbean and the insurance company to see if an exception can be made. We appreciate your patience while we await a response from Royal Caribbean and hope that we're able to negotiate a solution on your behalf. We hope to have an answer soon!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2019

We have booked 3 cruises with Vacations to Go, and have been more than satisfied with all of them. Our cabins were as promised. (In fact, one counselor actually got us an upgrade at no additional cost.) In addition, VTG now offers shore excursions at rates lower than the cruise lines themselves. We purchased two such excursions on our recent South American cruise and thought they were terrific. VTG will be our first go-to when we're ready to book our next cruise.

Vacations To Go response

Thanks for taking the time to write, Fritzi! We appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with Vacations To Go, and we are so happy to hear that you had such a great time on the shore excursions that we offer. Thank you for your continued business and loyalty and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I booked a cruise w broker-agent Joey ** of Vacations To Go. He tells me his specialty is just cruises & he has been doing this for 12 yrs. So I book a 2 wk cruise thru him on the Holland America ship, Rotterdam, from Tampa, Fl to southern & western Caribbean. Booked a cabin on the promenade deck. He stated that would be away from the elevators & mid ship, so it would thus be more convenient. I say ok. Cruise time & we get assigned to our stateroom, which was fine w/ the access to the walking deck thru a slider, which was also fine. We embark & return to our room afterwards & my wife says, "What's that noise??" We go out & discover that Mr specialist, **, got us into a cabin RIGHT ACROSS FROM THE ENGINE ROOM!! Talk about noise!

It gets better --- That night, we are awaken several times by the "room" above us, making noises, dropping things on the floor, etc., all night. I complain to the guest service station about it. At first, they said they would look into it. The next night, same EXACT noises. This time I go straight to the guest services at midnight & complain again --- the girl in charge says the noises are coming from the prep kitchen located right above our cabin --- can you imagine, this "so-called" 12 yr veteran, giving us a cabin w/ the prep kitchen located over our heads, that goes 24 hrs/day.

As the director of the guest services stated, "Apparently, your cruise agent hasn't the knowledge on cruise ships cabin room layouts, because agent worth their salt, would NEVER put a client in a room like that w/o at least telling you about the potential issues." So, I get back, make a complaint to Mr "specialist", Joey **, as well as to the CEO of Vacations To Go, Mr Alan Fox. To date, nobody has ever acknowledge any communication. I guess they just don't care, so unless one knows exactly where you kind of want to have a cabin, do not trust some of their specialists, in picking a cabin for you, because they'll tell you anything, to get you to book thru them so that they can get their commission. &, as far as Mr. Fox goes, not getting some type of answer is NOT very professional from "this also" so-called "leader". I would NOT use them again. There are plenty of more reputable cruise brokers out there.

Vacations To Go response

We're sorry that you were so disappointed with your cabin location, Cynthia. Please know we would never knowingly place your cabin in a noisy area & we apologize for your frustration & disappointment. I see that you received an email from Mr. Fox on the 17th & have been in contact with one of our managers. The area above your cabin is not clearly marked on the deck plan & we are working with Holland America to see what can be done for you. We truly appreciate your patience and your business.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I was a customer for nearly 20 years. I have booked at least 2 vacations a year with this company. The last 3 bookings with this company have been awful. Their customer service is just awful. I assume they work on commission so one would think they would be motivated to help out a returning customer. I felt as if I was bothering them. It's a shame because I gave them a lot of business. Also, they are not the cheapest. Cheapcarribean.com is a lot cheaper. I will not book anymore with them.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Kelly. We sincerely apologize that your last few experiences with Vacations To Go have not met your expectations. We know you have many options when booking your travel. We value you as a customer and appreciate your loyalty to us in the past. I'm glad that our Director of Customer Service was able to speak with you, apologize for the experiences you had and put you in touch with one of our senior agents. We do hope we can earn back your trust and business in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

Original review: March 11, 2019

My wife and I learned of Vacations To Go years ago when I was ordered to take a vacation by my doctor. I came back to my office, went online and was booked on a cruise ship. That was on a Wednesday night and we were sailing on Sunday. We have since used Vacations To Go to book 20 plus cruises and are booked on a repositioning cruise in May. We have used several different agents From VTG over the years and have never been disappointed. Vacations To Go is an agent for the Cruise lines and must follow their rules. They have always worked with us to get us the best deal and kept us informed the entire time. Thank you Vacations to Go.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Dave! We are so happy to hear that you have been consistently receiving such great service from our travel counselors over the years. Thank you for your loyalty and your business, and we look forward to assisting you with any travel plans you may have in the future!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Vacations To Go has some excellent features. I have taken two cruises booked through Vacations to Go, and four cruises booked directly with the cruise line. What does Vacations To Go provide that the cruise lines don't? Their excellent, all encompassing website. There, you can input all the requirements of your cruise. You input the dates, length of cruise, location. And their website gives you a list of EVERY cruise line meeting your needs. Unbiased. You can then scan them all and make your choices, no obligation. THEN you can book with them or go to the cruise line direct. The two cruises I booked through Vacations To Go went well, but nothing special. I believe you can get the same discount prices through the cruise line but of course you can check for yourself.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your kind words, Bill. Our rates are always at least as low as the cruise line's, but many times we are able to negotiate additional discounts, onboard credits or other perks for our customers. You'll also receive unbiased guidance from our travel counselors, a single contact trained to assist you in every situation, promptly answer your questions and make sure your cruise is a wonderful experience. We do appreciate your business and hope that you'll continue to give us a try!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Booked 3 cruises back to back. Agent researched the best deal and cabins. No problems at all. Everything was by telephone confirmed by email. I can only add home negative comments are from people who changed itinerary and didn't understand the process and the third parties involved. It's not always the agent's fault or responsibility.

Vacations To Go response

Geoff, thanks for your review! We appreciate the time you took to let us know about the positive experience you had with Vacations To Go. We strive to deliver a wonderful experience each time a customer calls and we are always glad to hear when that happens. We value you as a customer and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: March 1, 2019

My husband and I have used Vacations To Go several times. This last time we have booked for the cruise Spectrum of the Seas, we are leaving on May (two months from now). At the time we made our reservation we didn’t include our baby girl, we called about 2 days after booking and spoke to the agent about adding our baby to our reservation, she told us that kids were free and that we would only pay taxes, so she said we would have to pay $950 dollars just to add a baby that sleeps with us, does even need anything just to be with us.

We didn’t refuse to pay but at the time we didn’t have the amount she asked for, so about 2 days after we called the agent once again to make the payment to add our baby, but now she said we have to pay the amount of almost $10,000 dollars!!! Just to add our baby, she told us that if we are taking our baby they would have to move us to the grand suite, because the cabin we reserved was for only for 2 persons.

I called Royal Caribbean without telling them about my reservation and asked which cabin we could reserved to take our baby with us and they told us that we could fit 4 people in all the cabins, they also said that to add a baby we would only have to ask for a crib. We called Vacations To Go next just to ask the same question and the agent told us basically the same thing, that all the cabins we apt for a third person to be added. I recorded this call, because I don’t understand how the agent is telling us that we can’t take our baby with us unless we pay the $10,000, this is crazy and so unfair from Vacations To Go. I can’t believe they are not helping at all, this will be the last time we use this agency. Sorry for my writing, tried my best since my language is Spanish. Do not recommend Vacations To Go!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Barbara. We're sorry for the frustration you experienced when trying to add your child to the reservation. Not all cabins sleep 3 or 4 passengers or accommodate a crib and there are many factors that contribute to ship and cabin occupancy restrictions. These are set by the cruise line and we must abide by them. We apologize again for your troubles and are pleased that a cabin was found to accommodate your family. We hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I think I have used Vacations To Go 5-6 time. Have nothing but great experience with 3-4 agents I always use. Vacations To Go has always been there to answer any questions. Had one cruise booked and my wife died before we left. Called Vacations To Go and they immediately called cruise line and they refunded me 100%.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind comments, Victor. We would like to express our sincere condolences to you and your family for your loss, and we are glad to hear that we were able to work with the cruise lines to accommodate you in such a difficult time. Thank you for your loyalty and your business, and we hope to assist you in the future!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We have taken two cruises with Vacations to Go and have our third scheduled already. Our first trip to Alaska on Holland America was everything we expected it to be and we were happy with the price we paid for a great two week trip. The second cruise, on Crystal Cruise Line, was outstanding in every way and the travel agent, Caleb **, was exceptional. I highly recommend the company and especially Caleb. It appears that the complaints one sees online are mostly about misunderstandings, and Vacations to Go makes a great effort to help smooth things out. We found almost instantaneous feedback from Caleb on our last two week cruise. Super happy with Vacations to Go!!

Vacations To Go response

Kathy, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Vacations To Go and Caleb! It sounds like you've taken two amazing trips and we know you are looking forward to the third. We value your feedback and want to thank you for being a loyal customer. I'll make sure that Caleb and his managers get a copy of your kind words. Thank you again and we look forward to planning many more trips together!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Back in July I purchased a Caribbean cruise for 8 people (4 couples). We had to cancel the trip cause of an illness, we purchased the cruise insurance as well so we all were covered. Price consists of 3 steps, cruise cost itself, cruise insurance and government taxes. The government taxes are collected by the ports that you visit during your trip, in our case it was supposed to be 11 days so good amount of places to visit. Taxes were almost $350 per couple so well over $1000 together.

When we canceled the trip, they should immediately refund us for the taxes as these don't get collected if you don't board the boat. They refunded us around $50 per cabin so around $200. I called few times and was promised that would have been taken care of immediately and if it wasn't done within a week they advised me to call back. I did that few times left a voicemail, sent an email and no response. My agent name was Madeline **, and when she was selling the cruise she would have called me few times per day to close the deal, now so much when it comes to resolving an issue. At this point I feel like they stole the money from us.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Maciek. We are sorry to hear that MSC Cruises has not sent you the full refund of your taxes. I see that you spoke to your agent yesterday, who has escalated this to a manager at MSC. The charges and refunds are made by the cruise line directly and we are working on your behalf to ensure the rest of your refund is successful. We will certainly let you know as soon as we have an answer from them and appreciate your patience while we await their response.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have used Vacations To Go numerous times over the years and most recently in November 2018. I've had nothing but great service from their reps and never felt screwed over. All interactions have been helpful, professional and ended up saving me money. Most of the negative reviews that I have read have nothing to do with VTG, but more to do with the tour operators or cruise lines. This company has worked hard to provide the best vacations for the best price and does not deserve their name to be sullied. My wife and I will be using Vacations To Go again... as soon as I can afford another all-inclusive trip to the Caribbean. They are our trusted travel partners!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words, Michael. We sincerely appreciate that you trust us with your travel plans and are glad that you're taking advantage of some amazing deals. Great customer service is very important to us and I'm thrilled to hear that our travel counselors are providing that to you. Thank you for your continued business and loyalty and we look forward to helping you plan your next all-inclusive in the Caribbean!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Booked a cruise for me and my husband to go on, we were so excited for we had never been on a vacation together before, and we desperately needed a vacation. It took a long time to save up the money for it and to be able to find a baby sitter for our special needs child. We had purchased the insurance in case something were to happen, and something did happen. We missed our flight to due to the TSA line taking so long and we ended up missing our cruise. Our whole vacation was ruined. And the insurance wouldn't cover it. I thought that's what insurance was for? Tried to see if we could just get a credit for a cruise or have the day changed to another day. They wouldn't do anything for us. We ended up losing ALL of our money we spent on the cruise. This is a terrible company and I would not recommend anyone using them!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Megan. I'm so sorry to hear that you missed your flight and your cruise. I can only imagine how disappointing that must have been. I'm very interested in helping you however, I’m afraid I don’t have enough information to locate your reservation in our system. Please feel free to reply with your booking number or your agent's name and I'll be happy to investigate this further to see if anything further can be done. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Like others I am surprised by the poor experiences. We have taken at least 5 Alaskan Cruises through VTG (usually from the 90 day ticker) and could not be happier with the experience. The reps have always been professional and helpful. The cruise is just as advertised and most times we end up getting bumped to a better room when we check in. We do know there are additional port fees and taxes so are not upset that the final price is more than the posted rate. This is common through most travel companies so should not be a surprise. Last summer we took my 82 year old mother which meant a room for 3 and Jed was a wonderful help. We are thinking of booking another cruise to Norway this April through VTG. We recommend this company constantly to friends. VTG is out to go to place for cruise arrangements.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Debra! We are so glad to hear that you are consistently receiving great service from Jed and all of our travel counselors and that you are taking advantage of the great deals offered on the 90-day ticker! We'd love to help you plan your Norway cruise in April so please feel free to give Jed a call, or if you prefer, any agent can assist you. Thank you again for your business and referrals through the years. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have used Jeff ** of VTG for about a dozen cruises and land tours over the last dozen or so years. I could not be more pleased. Good prices and great, friendly, knowledgeable help. I'm really shocked at some of the comments because I have had such great experiences - always!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Cissy! We appreciate the time you took to let us know about the many positive experiences you've had with Vacations To Go and with Jeff. We're always glad to hear when a member of our team has gone above and beyond. Please be assured that Jeff and our managers will get a copy of your kind words. We thank you for being a customer for many years and we look forward to working together for many more!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My husband and I have used Candi ** with Vacations To Go for several cruise vacations. We have been very pleased with her service and have only good things to say about our experiences with Vacations To Go, and Candi, in particular. I have recommended her to several friends who have also used her for their travel arrangements and have been very pleased. I am shocked at some of the negative reviews I've read, as my experience has been nothing but excellent.

Vacations To Go response

Wanda, thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback about your experiences with us and with Candi, in particular! Not only do we sincerely appreciate your business, we also want to thank you for sending friends and family our way to plan their vacations, too! We're lucky to have Candi as part of our team and I'll make sure that she and our managers see a copy of your kind words. Thank you again for your business and loyalty and we look forward to working with you again soon!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Could not be worse. This company confirmed a prepaid Disney World hotel stay for my family — then did not book the rooms. We found out at the very last minute that they were in fact not available. It was a horrible disappointment, and they have been very slow to remedy it. (Been on the phone for hours and still no solid information about reimbursement.) Would not at all recommend this company. Do not use them.

I will say the agents are nice, but there are too many subcontractors/sub-booking agencies involved to get a straight answer about anything. Our agent didn’t actually book our trip when he told us he did; he sent our information to another agency, then another, and somewhere along the line it just wasn’t made. It is just as big a hassle in the problem-solving process; they have to wait on answers from two other companies. Bottom line: Their rates and availability seem to hinge on third-hand information being accurate. And in our case it just was not. It seems like it is a problem that would happen fairly often in a business setup like this. My parents have booked several cruises with them, but will not be doing so again. It’s too risky.

Vacations To Go response

Elyse, we truly apologize for the disappointment this caused & the time it took to remedy it. Please know we would never lie to you about your reservation. We had no reason to suspect that a problem existed with your reservation, as we had received a confirmation and travel documents from the supplier, but we truly regret that we didn't catch the error. We are glad we were able to secure rooms at the original Disney resort you requested and hope you had a wonderful vacation together.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We were told we had a vacation. Two days before the trip that included our daughter and boyfriend flying in from New York they called and said we didn’t have rooms. We were told the vacation number was as good as a confirmation number but it’s not. They misrepresented the trip and took our money. Me Chin is nice but is not truthful. This company is the worst. Do not use this company!!!

Vacations To Go response

David, we sincerely apologize for the stress this caused your family. Please know we would never tell our customers their vacation is confirmed if it truly isn't. We had no reason to suspect that a problem existed with your reservation, as we had received a confirmation and travel documents from the supplier, but we truly regret that we didn't catch the mistake. We are glad we were able to secure rooms at the original Disney resort you requested and hope you had a wonderful vacation together.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

My friend and I were very disappointed with the service we received. We asked and paid for separate rooms only to find that Vacations to Go booked us in the same room. We asked for the return of our money as we paid for separate rooms. We spent hundreds of dollars on my cell phone calling from Africa to speak with the travel agent and managers to correct this situation however, we never heard back from anyone.

This is a horrible way to run a business especially when the vacationeers are thousands of mile away. Vacations to Go is the worst we ever had. Not return calls, not give us what we asked for. Very disappointed and we asked for a refund of the difference in the price for a single supplement for the rooms we did not have even though we paid for single rooms. We spoke with a manager who tried to help us however, she never called back. If you want a nice vacation without problems please DO NOT USE VACATIONS TO GO.

Vacations To Go response

Autherine, I'm sorry you were under the impression you had two rooms. There is a considerable price difference between a single and double room. The price quoted to you was for double occupancy and we do apologize if there was any confusion over the type of accommodations you were to receive. I understand that the tour operated offered to put you in separate rooms at an additional cost. I'm sorry to hear that option wasn't acceptable and hope you were still able to make the most of Africa.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I booked a cruise out of New Orleans thinking it would be SOLO adults. IT IS as I read on Facebook - people 20-30. BOOZE is their #1 thrill on this cruise. Liquor is a perk - no extra charge so they'll be bombed by day 1. Wanted to cancel but would lose airfare. Ins. does not cover air. I am on the wrong cruise. Dread going BIG MISTAKE. I could be their mother. NCL will not do a thing nor will VACATIONS TO GO. Can't drink, on pain meds after surgery & they do not give a damn. ONLY $$$. Can hope monster storms I keep hearing about on the news, will cancel the air to NOLA. Taken many many cruises. This is the last one. I don't want to go. Know I made a BIG mistake. NEVER FELT THIS WAY BEFORE A CRUISE. NEVER WILL I USE VACATIONS TO GO. WHAT A RIP OFF!!

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Charlotte. We always want our customers to be excited about their vacation and we're sorry that wasn't the case. The average age for the passengers in this group was 59 years old. The prepaid gratuities and beverage package were included with your cruise and we're sorry the cruise line did not allow us to exchange the beverage package for another amenity for you. We hope once you got on board with the hosts and other guests that you enjoyed yourself and had a great cruise.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I thought Vacations To Go put me on a relaxing coast tour (Amalfi Coast Tour). Instead it included a bus ride up one of the most dangerous roads in Italy--a narrow dangerous road called a "killer highway" up and down a mountain. Not only did myself and my daughter get car sick with the tight winding turns but four cars in front of us was a car crash where the driver was killed and the trip was delayed for an hour. Please in dealing with Vacations To Go make them describe the difference between a "coast" trip and a "mountain" trip. Be careful with what World Tours subsidiarity is foisting on unsuspecting tourists. My fault was not being more aware I going where I did not want to go. Also the small meal atop the mountain was very poor. The Pompeii Tour was OK but not worth a tumultuous ride up and down the mountain.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Valerie. We are sorry to hear that you were so disappointed with your tour, however I'm afraid you have us confused with another company. We are in no way associated with World Tours and we do not sell any tours through them. Again, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your trip but you will need to contact the company you booked through to resolve your concerns. Thank you again for writing, and best wishes.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Vacations To Go used to be a good company but now they are absolutely horrible. The planner assigned to work with me was Pamela. She did not have a clue, I ended up doing all the work myself. I should have received 2 free cabins for this trip due to the numbers of cabins we booked but Pamela stated after I had booked this trip they changed the policy and only give a percentage. I informed Vacations To Go I would never use their company again. Pamela should find another job, working in PR is not her field. She had a very nasty attitude and make it very hard to plan for the 25 people going on this trip.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Connie. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the outcome of your booking. W appreciate your business and loyalty as a customer and I would like to know more about your situation. Please feel free to contact us directly to speak to a manager or contact me privately so that I may investigate this further. I'm sorry if there have been any misunderstandings and we hope to get to the bottom of this and resolve any complaints that still exist.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This site claims to have the lowest prices for long cruises but when compared it simply does not. It also claims to have great singles discounts and this does not seem true either at least for the cruises I researched. And keep in mind to ask for the total price. No one wants to be left with "hidden" fees.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Mae. Our rates are always at least as low as the cruise line's, and often lower. Even when you find the same price as the cruise line, on many sailings we offer shipboard credits or other perks. You will have a single contact here, an agent trained to assist you in every situation, promptly answer your questions, deliver unbiased advice and make sure your cruise is a wonderful experience. We do hope that you'll give us another chance to earn your business in the future.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have booked cruises through them possibly 6 to 7 times... Been the odd minor burp. Also, I am religiously obsessed with Azamara cruises. In late June 2018 we received VtG's e-mailed flyer announcing select Azamara cruises at up to 79% off with up to $3250 cabin credit. So we booked a 16 night Asian cruise, and because we were in a lower class of room (a balcony unit) we were told we would only get $750 cabin credit, $250 spa credit plus a free night in the private dining room.

Bad enough that after we booked and paid, the cruise itinerary was changed with no price adjustment, now today, when I checked in for the cruise I find out we are NOT getting the extras and the agent seems to have drawn a blank. I talked with the agent and managers at VTG and got nothing other than if I canceled I would lose all my money due to the late date.

The only question I had for them that they could not answer was 'WHERE WOULD I GET THESE FIGURES FROM"? No one at VTG could answer that. Very very very disappointed now in this company and Azamara. It's not just about $1000USD, it is $1300Cdn. And they come back with no resolve other than cancel and I lose my entire payment. Sadly, they have my money for the cruise and I have no recourse other than this posting. GET IT IN WRITING...

Vacations To Go response

I'm very sorry that you feel there should have been additional amenities offered for your cruise. We've reviewed this matter and spoken to the cruise line and the promotion you're referring to was not offered on your particular sailing at the time you booked. The supervisors that you have spoken to have done their best to clarify the situation and we are sorry that you are still disappointed. We do hope that despite this, you are able to enjoy your cruise vacation.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Have been looking at deals emailed by Vacations To Go, (VTG) ie 53% off, 81% off. Happened to walk past a travel agent. They had cruise books out the front. The percent VTG is offering off is a lie. The cruise book had full price at less than VTG discounted price. DISGUSTED!

Vacations To Go response

Hi Chris, I’m sorry if you felt misled by our prices. The rates shown on our site are in US dollars and sent to us from the cruise lines. I assure you that we would never intentionally inflate the brochure prices to make the discounts appear greater. Also keep in mind that prices do fluctuate up and down and it's not unlikely to see changes after a brochure has been printed.I do hope this information clears up any confusion and we will have the opportunity to earn your business in the future.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Our first time experience buying a cruise vacation package. The agent mislead us in believing this was a all inclusive deal. Two weeks after we made the payment, we got a notice in the email basically asking for almost $500 in service charges. Services which have not been delivered yet. I called to complain and was told that it is "standard" practice on all cruises and "the agent should have told you." "The cruise line will bill you even more if you decide to pay at the end of your cruise. There is nothing we can do." They just lost any possibility of future business. I will take it up to the cruise line myself. The agent and the management did not offer any help. Not a wise business decision.

Vacations To Go response

Adnan, we apologize that you felt mislead about what was included in the price of your cruise. Your agent should have explained that gratuities will be an additional cost once you board the ship and we apologize that he failed to do that. As an industry standard, the cruise lines charge gratuities and we do not have the ability to change that. Some cruise allow you to remove them once on board. We apologize again for any confusion and hope that you are still able to enjoy your cruise.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I've booked 5 times over several years. Vacations To Go have always been helpful and offered very competitive rates. I've always been able to book what I saw advertised as they even offer free telephone to UK customers.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, Martin. We value you as a loyal customer over the last several years and are glad to hear that each booking experience has been so pleasant. We look forward to continuing to earn your business when you're ready to travel again!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I found a cabin for an ocean view on their site. Looked at cabin details. All fine... until... I tried to book the cabin. It turns out, cabins at that price are all obstructed views... You look at a lifeboat. To get a real ocean view room, the price is more than double the quoted price! So, you cannot get the cabin as advertised.

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2018

Half serious about that cruise with Mr. Alan **,.....cheers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I'd give Mr. Alan Fox's Vacations to Go Travel Agency five stars except that I don't want anyone to think this was in any way machine generated or a "plug". Here is an unsolicited email I just sent to a VTG manager after 10+ cruises: "I would very much like to commend Ms. Kaitlyn ** for her devotion to her customers, to Vacations to Go and to the travel industry! For many years now, and on numerous cruises, she has looked out for us in optimizing our experience in terms of cabin selection, cruise tips, and OB credits. Helpful even in generously handing off business to her fellow colleague in the escorted land tours division for their expertise once.

"More importantly, when things didn't go right, as in our delayed flight and missed connections, she stayed with us, actively calling to assist, hand-hold, coordinate and facilitate our successful alternate and unique solution. That's commitment! That's why you need a great travel agent! And that is why she is, 'A Great Master Travel Agent!' Many Thanks to you, Kaitlyn." As you see, as I have, their prompt and helpful efforts to respond and resolve even the complaints below, know that this is a responsible, accountable and helpful service. Well worth it in my opinion.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to share your letter with us, Turner. We are so glad to see that Kaitlyn has delivered incredible service each time you've traveled and that she is consistently dedicated to making all your trips memorable and stress-free. We value you as a customer and know that Kaitlyn looks forward to working with you again very soon! Thank you for your business and loyalty to Kaityln and Vacations To Go through the years!

Vacations To Go Company Information