2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

2.2/5 (221 ratings)

About Vacations To Go

Vacations To Go Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

Original review: May 3, 2020

Due to car issues on the way to the port we were unable to board our scheduled cruise. In fact we watched it leave 45 minutes later. Vacations to Go refuses to either offer us a future cruise credit or a full refund. They are pointing fingers at Royal Caribbean and Royal Caribbean is pointing fingers at Vacations to Go, neither wants to take responsibility. In what reality is it right to pay for a service and not receive that service?? I've been trying to come to some sort of agreement with them since March and have gotten nowhere. There is far more to this story but this is the bottom line.

Vacations To Go response

I'm sorry to hear that Royal Caribbean denied you from boarding at the pier, Ty. I know that must have been very disappointing. We always suggest arriving at the pier at least two hours prior to the ship's departure time and leaving plenty of time in your commute for unforeseen circumstances. I see that you've spoken to many managers within our agency, but any decision to offer compensation for your missed cruise must come from the cruise line directly. I'm sorry there's not more we can do.

Original review: April 26, 2020

We have been booking cruises with Vacations To Go since 2011. We have always been happy with the service we receive. Vacations To Go has always offered the best value. I highly recommend Bruce ** when booking your cruise vacation. He is very knowledgeable and friendly and he is always willing to answer any questions I may have. He makes the process very easy. I plan to use Vacations To Go in the future!

Vacations To Go response

Larry, thank you for your years of loyalty to Vacations To Go and Bruce. We are so glad to hear that he has taken such great care of you and that he makes the process easy and that you feel comfortable asking questions. We truly appreciate you and the time you took to leave such positive comments. I'll be sure to share them with Bruce and I know he looks forward to working with you again soon! Until then, stay safe and well!

Original review: April 24, 2020

A company they represent, Pullmantur, after we flew from Western Canada to Dubai, cancelled our cruise. We had already boarded a ship. They then booked us to go home and made errors with that costing us an extra CAD $1500. They had issued a letter to us saying we would receive a full refund for the cruise - but changed their mind so we get nothing [a future cruise which because of geography we will not be pursuing]. Vacationstogo other than acting as a mailbox for Pullmantur, did nothing. Our essential question of ethics is with Pullmantur but vacationstogo bears some responsibility for those they represent. They have been of no help whatsoever.

Vacations To Go response

We're so sorry that your trip was ruined by this pandemic, Garry, and that Pullmantur made an error in booking your return trip home. I understand your frustration and wish we could intervene and get you the refund you were promised. As your travel agent, we will always speak on your behalf and request exceptions, which he have certainly done in this case, but all decisions regarding refunds are ultimately made by the cruise line. We'll let you know when we hear back from them. Thank you.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Used VTG before and friends too. We got incredible prices at the last minute. Good service too. I am sure they are swamped with calls now. Just be patient. We picked up the tickets at the port and all went smooth. Ray.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Ray! You're right, we are swamped with calls, but each call is important and we're working diligently to address each customer's concerns. Thank you for your encouragement and support and we look forward to working with you again when we're on the other side of COVID-19 and you're comfortable traveling again! Thank you for your business. Until then, stay safe and well!

Original review: April 22, 2020

Don't ever use this company not efficient, lacks knowledge of an invoice process. Does not follow the law in returning funds. This company lies to credit card about service received. This company is messy.

Vacations To Go response

I'm sorry that you're so unhappy with your experience, Lydia. If you booked your trip with Vacations To Go, please provide me with your booking number and I'll be happy to have a manager contact you to address your concerns. If you're waiting on a refund for a trip, the refund comes directly from the travel suppliers we work with, not Vacations To Go, as we are not the ones to charge your credit card. We look forward to speaking to you.

Original review: April 19, 2020

Almost a week since I requested credits for the 3 cabins on Mariner of the Seas which was a cancelled cruise and I sent an email requesting a confirmation that I formally requested a full refund but have heard nothing. What is policy at Vacations To Go about confirmations to customers. Would think within a week they should at least confirm and reply. Please advise. Thank you.

Vacations To Go response

We apologize for any delay in getting a cancellation confirmation to you, Gary. Due to COVID-19, thousands of sailings were cancelled, creating a backlog of tens of thousands of affected customers needing service, with a limited staff working under stay-home orders. In case you have yet to receive your cancellation confirmations, I've asked a manager to send you another copy of all three reservations. If you need further assistance, please let us know! Thank you for your patience.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Everything was going well with our booking until COVID 19 hit. For health reasons, I could not continue my trip in June 2020 until everything is completely clear. We purchased insurance because my travel advisor (Dawn **) said that FOR ANY REASON we have to cancel the trip, it is just a good idea and that they will always take care of their customers.

Everything was going well with our booking until COVID 19 hit. For health reasons, I could not continue my trip in June 2020 until everything is completely clear. I emailed Dawn and I do not get any reply. A new person Ashonti ** said I cannot cancel my trip and get a refund, only a credit. She told me to contact Generali Global Travel to file for a refund. I contacted Generali and redirected to an eClaim. I filled out the form but the button to CONTINUE was not enabled. So I'm just stuck. A customer should not be forced to get "cruise credit" if we were told that an insurance would guarantee we get full refund. Dawn was great but the experience has soured. BTW, the star is for Dawn ONLY. I would give her a 5 star but I don't want anyone thinking it's for the company.

Vacations To Go response

I'm sorry your trip was affected by COVID-19, Maria. Because you cancelled your cruise before Carnival cancelled it, they only offered a Future Cruise Credit for the penalty amount and refunded the remaining amount. I understand your frustration, but we are obliged to follow the policies of the cruise lines we represent and do not have the ability to override it for a full refund. I'm very sorry. I hope you're able to use the credit toward another cruise when you're comfortable cruising again.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I have been a loyal Vacations To Go customer. Not anymore. I booked a cruise thru Vacations to go that was cancelled because of CV19. I went to rebook, I wanted the price that was advertised on the website, it wasn't available, next room up was 250 dollars more. I said no thank you, booked online with the cruise line and got it for the price that was advertised on Vacations to go. Until recently I thought Vacations to go was a good company. Not so much anymore.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Esther. I'm sorry that you feel like we are dishonest in our pricing and that we practice bait and switch. I can assure you that's not the case. All of our pricing comes directly from the cruise lines through an electronic feed. If the cruise line has it available, we should have it available too, and I'm sorry that the agent you spoke to didn't present that pricing to you. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your trust again in the future. Enjoy your cruise!

Original review: April 4, 2020

I have used Vacations To Go for a number of cruises. Recently Holland America suspended my cruise booked through VCTG. I received a notice with direction to advise Holland America if I elected a refund or future credit. I elected refund the same day (March 5). No refund has been received. My first call to Holland America I was told refunds would issue on April 1. Today I was told it would take 60 days with no explanation other than that a large number of refunds were requested. I attempted to call VCTG and my cruise counselor there and the office is closed with direction to leave comment at a customer care email which does not come up via the internet. I need help. If VCTG takes a reservation it should follow through to see that the cruise line fulfills its promise of a refund.

Vacations To Go response

Thanks for writing, William. Due to the unprecedented backlog of cancellation requests, it's taking cruise lines much longer than usual to process refunds. In general, most cruise lines have advised us it is taking 60 days to process a refund, and a few lines are taking up to 90 days. I sincerely apologize for the delay and wish we could accelerate this process for you, but unfortunately we have no control over it. We truly appreciate your business and your patience during this difficult time!

Original review: April 1, 2020

Our Italy two week bus tour booked with Vacations To Go has been cancelled due to Covid 19. We want all the money we paid returned to us - that is for land, air and travel insurance all booked through VTG. VTG told us that we could schedule another trip in the future with the land only $$ and we would have to cancel the air on our own. Well, I tried to cancel our flights with United and they told me that it was booked through a third party and United could not do the cancellation. I have tried to reach out to Our agent and also the CEO at VTG and have not received a email or phone call. Actually the phone number and emails are not even going through. This treatment is unacceptable.

Vacations To Go response

We apologize for any difficulty reaching us, Margaret. Due to COVID-19, thousands of trips have been cancelled, which has created a backlog of tens of thousands of affected Vacations To Go customers needing service. We are here and working diligently to assist everyone with their requests. As a travel agency, we have no control over what compensation options they chose to offer. I'm truly sorry that we can't do more and have asked a manager to contact you to discuss this further. 6/2/20

Vacations To Go Company Information