Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.90/5

187 Vacations To Go Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 25, 2019

Book a cruise directly with the cruise ships. Never use Vacations To Go because they have stock answers for everything, they are deceptive and lie just like the cruise lines do. But if you book directly with the cruise lines then you will be able to speak with someone who may care that you have booked 20 cruises with them and may actually try to resolve your problem. Vacations To Go does not want to waste an hour calling the cruise lines. Today I spoke with a supervisor at Vacations To Go and she was snarling at me. She refused to call the cruise lines to try to deal with my issue. She wouldn't resolve my problem, couldn't be bothered. So my advice is BOOK DIRECT WITH THE CRUISE LINE. if you have a problem they can't try to send you to a lazy person unwilling to help. Might as well save one extra layer of the prevention of customer service.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing! I'm very sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you've had. I'd like to investigate this further, but I don't have enough information to locate you in our system. If you don't mind, please send us a private message with your booking number, your name, or the agent or supervisor you spoke to. Our team of supervisors are happy to call the cruise line on your behalf or be your advocate in any way that we can. We hope to speak to you soon. Thank you.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I was booking a cruise and the price they advertised had 2 separate prices: one was their price and the other was a Florida Resident price. When booked they couldn't find anything about the price, even though it was on their website: so the higher price was charged - like a bait and switch/false advertising. Then there was a onboard credit and of course that was the same they didn't know anything about it. I offered to send them a picture - they refused of course - so that wasn't given another, false advertising.

Vacations To Go response

Thanks for writing, Fay. We're sorry the price you were interested in was not available. Our prices come directly from the cruise line electronically and must be verified when you call. The agents you spoke to should have reported the error to our web team so they could update our site with accurate prices and it appears they did not do that. For that, we truly apologize. We never intentionally leave an unavailable rate on our site. We value your business and apologize again for the frustration.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I wanted to send you this email to outline our three excursions we booked with you on our recent Alaskan Cruise and how utterly disappointed and disgusted we were.

1. Mendenhall Glacier and Salmon Bake. $230.00 USD. We arrived at the port and were put on a bus which dropped us off at the Mendenhall Glacier parking lot. We were left there and told to return to the bus in 1 and 1/2 hours. We walked for over a mile to see the Glacier and the falls and returned to the bus. We were then dropped off at the Salmon Bake parking lot. We stumbled into the Salmon Bake area and were told we were suppose to be introduced and welcome by the staff on the bus before being allowed to enter the actual meal area. We were lucky they allowed us to eat. For $230.00 USD we were driven for 15 minutes to a parking lot and then to another parking lot and had a 30 dollar meal. Are you kidding me. We could have taken public transit to the Glacier parking lot and the Salmon Bake lot and paid the 40.00 to eat. A complete and utter rip off.

2. Skagway City and White Pass Summit-100.00 USD. Here we arrived at port and were put on a bus. We waited for 35 minutes and then travelled for 1 hour in complete rain and fog to the summit of the pass and then turned around and came back in rain and fog. No stops, no sight seeing. Nothing. I mean nothing. We saw rock and trees. Coming from British Columbia, trust me we know what rocks and trees look like. Again another complete waste of time and a utter rip off.

3. Saxman Native Village and Ketchikan City Tour-118.00 USD. You saved the worse excursion and biggest rip off for the last. We were loaded on a bus and taken to a building where a lady sat on a log and talked for a few minutes on totem poles. We then were taken to a open area beside the road and looked at the ocean. From there we went to the company parking lot and looked at more ocean and then walked down a muddy road to look at a slow moving creek.

The driver kept talking about wildlife and kept warning us about bears. Every few feet he said “oh that is where a bear might have sat in the grass”. No tour, no wildlife, nothing. I have seen more wildlife at home in our backyard because we have a squirrel that comes into our tree occasionally. From the muddy road we were taken to the Saxman Village, but were told we were not allowed in it or to actually visit the village. We walked on a public street and were shown some totem poles in a public area. No actual visit to the village, no actual totem pole demonstrations. Nothing. I mean nothing. From there we walked back down the public street to the parking lot and then back to the port. This was a complete waste of time and the biggest rip off of them all.

For $448.00 USD we were given maybe $80.00 value. We have travelled a lot in many countries and on many excursions but never, and I mean never have we been so defrauded and ripped off and misrepresented. We will never and I mean never use Vacations to Go again, and I will make it my life’s mission to warn everybody I know to never use Vacations to Go or their excursion service. I suspect what you do is actually illegal and should be reported. I will try my best to share this letter on every media device possible. You should be ashamed and embarrassed about how badly you treat people, but I suspect you will just take the money and run.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing and making us aware of your disappointment with the shore excursions you purchased, Doug. We want our customers to be happy with all aspects of their trip and I understand that you're already working with one of out supervisors who has reached out to the excursion provider for a resolution. We apologize again for your frustrating experience and appreciate your patience while we await their response. Thank you again for your business.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My husband and I had booked our first cruise with Vacations To Go on 2007, since then we went on 15 or more cruises with the company. We have used different agents every single time since I don’t keep record of their extensions, but every single time we had friendly and professional agents.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your review, Manchun! We sincerely appreciate your kind comments, and we are so happy to hear that you have received such great service from our travel counselors over the years. Thank you for your loyalty and your business. We look forward to assisting you with your vacation plans for many years to come!

Original review: June 10, 2019

My husband I have booked with Vacations To Go for our honeymoon cruise 2 years ago and now an Alaskan cruise for my husband, myself, and my mother-in-law (2 rooms booked onboard for Alaska). We have gone through Danilo for our bookings and it doesn't seem like there is any effort to make our vacations extra-special or reason to keep us as customers. We haven't been offered any onboard credit or other offers for using Vacations To Go for our honeymoon cruise or the Alaskan cruise we have coming up, when local travel agents typically include a bottle of wine/champagne or on-board credit for using them. Our Alaskan cruise is in 2 weeks and after emailing Danilo about any on-board credit or other offers available as this is our second booking with them, he responded with "I have been monitoring the sailing, unfortunately nothing at this time. You will always see the best offer on the front of the Fastdeal."

After looking at responses from Vacations To Go on Consumer Affairs website, I found this response from Vacations To Go on March 12, 2019: "Our rates are always at least as low as the cruise line's, but many times we are able to negotiate additional discounts, onboard credits or other perks for our customers." Yet, we haven't received any of these perks. In addition, we had to find out on our own about renting cabanas onboard and had to ask him to include my Holland America passenger number into the booking as it wasn't initially in there. In the future, I don't see any reason to continue booking with Vacations To Go.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Angela. As you mentioned, many times we are able offer additional discounts or incentives to book, although not every time, and we are very sorry that we were not able to do so on your particular sailings. We do value you as a repeat customer and hope that you have a wonderful trip.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

Original review: May 30, 2019

Went off tour to spend an extra night in Germany. "Agent" verified he would help with transportation (bus/train) about 60 days out. At that time, all he offered was Rail Europe website. Ended up going to AAA, had excellent service, arranging all transportation needed. Realized VTG did not even provide transportation from airport to river cruise dock. I guess that's why they can offer lower prices. Unsubscribed from their website and will not travel with them again.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Jackie. We are sorry that your agent was not more clear about what transfers were included and not more helpful in planning additional transportation for you. I would like to investigate this further however, I'm afraid I don't have enough information to locate your reservation in our system. If you don't mind, can you please tell me your booking number, the name of your agent, or the ship/sail date you were on? Thank you and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Do not use Wendy ** if you are a first time cruiser. She does not have the patience for your questions. The last phone call I made she actually said, "I am really busy, what do you need?" I asked my final question, her response was, "Did you receive an email?" I answered, no. Then she said, "There is your answer, we are done here." Then she proceeds to hang up on me.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Debbie. I sincerely apologize for the poor service you have received. This is certainly not how we expect our agents to interact with our customers and I assure you that this matter has been discussed internally. We know you have many options when booking travel and we want you to know that we truly value you. I have asked one of our managers to reach out to you to personally apologize and answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you again!

Original review: April 8, 2019

We have booked over a dozen cruises with this site... Vacations To Go. Each trip went smooth and as planned. Many perks or onboard credits were explained at time of booking. We could not ask for a better experience. All issues of planning was kindly addressed. Thanks.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your kind words, Cynthia! We appreciate the time you took to leave such positive comments, and we are so glad to hear that you have received such great service from us over the years. We appreciate your loyalty and your business, and we look forward to assisting you with your vacations for many years to come!

Original review: April 5, 2019

Our cruise had to be cancelled as we were just informed our dog is diabetic, we need to give her insulin shots twice a day and watch her closely. We told them the TRUTH about why we had to cancel our cruise, now we are penalized 75% of the damn HIGH cost. We should have lied and said it was one of us who had a medical reason to cancel. WE WILL NEVER USE VACATIONS TO GO OR ROYAL CARIBBEAN AGAIN!!!! They are heartless **.

Vacations To Go response

Debi, I am truly sorry about your dog's diagnosis and cruise cancellation. Please understand as a travel agency, we are obliged to follow the cruise line's cancellation and penalty policies. I see that one of our managers has been in contact with Royal Caribbean and the insurance company to see if an exception can be made. We appreciate your patience while we await a response from Royal Caribbean and hope that we're able to negotiate a solution on your behalf. We hope to have an answer soon!

Original review: March 21, 2019

We have booked 3 cruises with Vacations to Go, and have been more than satisfied with all of them. Our cabins were as promised. (In fact, one counselor actually got us an upgrade at no additional cost.) In addition, VTG now offers shore excursions at rates lower than the cruise lines themselves. We purchased two such excursions on our recent South American cruise and thought they were terrific. VTG will be our first go-to when we're ready to book our next cruise.

Vacations To Go response

Thanks for taking the time to write, Fritzi! We appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with Vacations To Go, and we are so happy to hear that you had such a great time on the shore excursions that we offer. Thank you for your continued business and loyalty and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

Vacations To Go Company Information