2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.10/5

Get matched with a great travel agency now

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Vacations To Go Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

First time I've booked a cruise... I had Told that to the agent. What a Rookie mistake!!! At first the rep said that the cruise was 300$ more than the website's price, when I almost didn't notice and then corrected him he said, "Oh right. I didn't put the codes in the system right." Seriously??? Then I was told, "best price. Guaranteed." WRONG!!

It was 300$ cheaper on the direct cruise line website. Because I'm Canadian and have a horrible exchange rate the calculations of how much more I paid with Vacations To Go didn't add up until after my purchase. Being told that you can get upgraded or credit if fare drops was a lie. 'Based on what the cruise says.' Reading that I can tell they scam for money after the experience with the rep on the phone.

My travel's not until April and I will be messaging the management everyday until this is resolved as I can't believe how upset I am m. It feels like I got robbed. AND especially after a sentence like best price guaranteed. Should have just booked direct. Would have saved hundreds and got an ocean view with free at sea package. Unless they fix this or come up with some resolution ASAP the future of their reviews online does not look bright. I don't want to have negative energy or words for many many websites but when you've been taken advantage of everyone should know and be made aware.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Katharine. We apologize for the frustration you've experienced with your booking. The cruise line's prices and promotions fluctuate often and the decision to upgrade or compensate you when the price drops after payment lies solely with the cruise line. Our Best Price Guarantee applies to the price at the time of booking and you did receive the lowest available price in U.S. dollars. I've asked a member of management to reach out to you to see if anything more can be done.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

The prices on their website are not accurate as it is not a "Live Site" according to a manager of customer care. Very misleading to customers. You think you can rely on the website but not always the case. I recently booked a cruise at one price. The price went down before my final payment and they would not honor it. Very poor customer service. Will not use them again.

Vacations To Go response

Thanks for writing, Gordon. We're very sorry you feel misled about the pricing on our site. We only receive price updates from the cruise lines 1-2 times a day. For this reason, our site states that prices are subject to change by the cruise lines & must be reconfirmed at time of booking. When a price drops after a cruise is booked, it is up to the cruise line to determine if the price can be adjusted. We're sorry we were not able to convince them to do so this time and hope you enjoy your trip.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I have booked with Vacations to Go for years, and I never had a negative experience until now. My wife and I are planning a couples trip, and wanted to use Vacations to Go. We saw a trip online that we thought was a great price, so we called the other couples and told them to meet us so that we can book the trip. The couples met us and we tried to book, but we were told by the Vacations to go representative that we could not book. The reason he gave was that there was something wrong with their website... the price was wrong.

This happened to us twice within two months. I worked in sales, and normally the price that is displayed is what your customer gets; that was not the case here... my wife and I feel that if there is a problem with the site, do not make the customer suffer. Make the customer's experience a great and a lasting one. I am very disappointed... we wasted our time and the other couples' time. I am planning to book with someone else if this continues because I am tired of getting the "run around".

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Travis. We are sorry to hear how disappointed you are with your last two experiences. Please know we will never intentionally advertise an unavailable rate on our site. I would like to look into this further. Can you please provide me with some additional details, such as the name of the agent you spoke to, your phone number or the type of vacation you called about, so that I may locate you in our system? We value your business and apologize again for the frustration.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

We have previously had good experiences with Vacations to Go. However this time our same travel agent, Brad, took advantage of us and told my husband the only hotel available and transfers available were $698. When I realized too late that we had been overcharged, I tried to cancel that, but that would be a $500 charge from Princess for cancellation. Now we are in Santiago and we just found out Brad booked us for two nights. We arrived January 4 and our cruise begins January 5. We do not need 2 nights!! We should have been charged $149 for 1 night night plus $24 for taxi to Sheraton plus $150 for transfer to ship. It seems that Vacations to Go does not work for the customers.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your feedback, Janiece. Part of our pledge to our customers is to act & advise in your best interest and to get the lowest available price, and we clearly failed to do that. While we are limited on the suppliers we can use for hotels & transfers, Brad should have provided you with some other options. We sincerely apologize & are truly disappointed that this situation has tarnished our long-standing relationship with you. I've asked a manager to contact you to personally apologize.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Went on a cruise through Vacations To Go on MSC cruise line. Service on ship was horrible. Food bad. Terrible exp. Vacations to go arranged a Cataraman snorkel cruise miles from ship dock. 18 people arrived on beach behind a major hotel at their own expense per person $16 at 9:00 in morning. No Vacations To Go rep in sight. A person from a beach vendor down the beach came over to tell us our excursion has been moved to 1pm! No reason, no accommodations. Vacations To Go left everyone abandoned! People made do as could, hotel refused service as we were not guests. 1:30 a rep shows up, no apology, reason, nothing and commences to march us down the beach a half mile in direction of cruise ships to a Scuba Caribe booth behind another major hotel. No need to go all way to first hotel. Scuba Caribe handled the excursion and it wasn't worth 10 cents. Never will use Vacations to go again!

Vacations To Go response

Thanks for writing, Eugene. We're terribly sorry that you were unhappy with your shore excursion and the experience you had on MSC. One of our managers attempted to reach you by phone & email multiple times, but was unable to contact you. We're happy to say that the supplier has issued a full refund for your excursion. We do truly value you as a customer and are glad to see that you've already booked your next cruise with your travel counselor. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacations To Go?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I am tired of being misled by VTG prices. The prices they advertise are low, but as soon as you call in, that low deal doesn't exist. Then you have to sit on the phone waiting for the agent to call the cruise line for a price and availability. I may as well deal directly with the cruise line itself. Their excuse is that their system doesn't immediately update the price increase -that's deliberate, given as soon as a cruise line drops their price, VTG immediately reflects it in their system and what you see. I have often been told by VTG that the price "just went on" but monitoring the price from day to day, proves that even if they know the price has gone up, they leave the low price on there for weeks at a time.

The cruise line indicated that VTG gets immediate updates of both increases and decreases in prices, so it is just VTG that deliberately leaves the low prices on their website. Also, the agents can't seem to look up the right date or ship properly, so I am never dealing with VGT again. And if you have problems, VTG won't help, so better to book with the cruise line and deal directly with them for any problems. VERY disappointed in Alan Fox and how he operates this company that deliberately false advertises. I have spoken to him before and he is arrogant and argumentative and doesn't like it if you prove they are guilty of false advertising.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for your feedback, Bob. We’re sorry to hear that you feel we are dishonest in the way we display our pricing. The prices on our site are updated electronically by the cruise lines once or twice daily, and our travel counselors are trained to inform our website staff anytime a price has sold out so we can keep our site as up-to-date as possible. We will never intentionally mislead our customers in any way and we do hope to have the opportunity to earn your trust again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Booked Mediterranean cruise for whole family. Special dietary requirements confirmed in writing, but information was NOT passed on to cruise line. When I returned, the consultant said she couldn't do anything because she was going on vacation. I even contacted Alan Fox, Vice president, who sends out the emails...not even the courtesy of a reply. Anyone can sell you a car or a cruise, but only a company with ethics and morals will take the time to help you if there's a problem later. Vacations To Go... You failed miserably.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Steve. Special dietary requests are some of the many important details when traveling, and we are very sorry to hear that those were not communicated properly. I would like to investigate this further however, I'm afraid I don't have enough information to locate your reservation in our system. If you don't mind, can you please tell me your booking number, the name of your agent, or the ship and sail date you were on? Thank you and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I booked a cruise from VTG in August 2019. I was told that if I find the exact same cruise cheaper, call in and they would credit you accordingly. Well they dropped the balcony cruise rate and refuse to credit my 2 balcony rooms. VTG said it's up to Holland America, Holland America said it's up to VTG. I never used either one before. I assure you I will not either one again. I will update my review after the cruise. So far after booking with “no refund policy" I will update my review. I will stay with Royal Caribbean.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Sandra. We are very sorry that the price went down after you booked. The decision to offer compensation in these situations lies solely with the cruise line. One of our managers called Holland America for you and unfortunately, we could not convince them to credit the difference in price or offer an upgrade, due to restrictions on the promotion you're booked under. I see that our Director of Customer Service has been trying to reach you. We look forward to speaking to you!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Updated on 01/09/2020: In response to your answer on my review on a seven day single cruise I was on the “Liberty of the Seas” departed on October 29, 2017. I was emailing to Water **, As I was asked to do when I tried to call and book my cruises. Ask the ladies that were in charge of the single cruises for that trip they even say my sister and I should’ve been on with the singles, got left out, could’ve been our best cruise ever. I have been on cruises before but this was the most disappointing cruise my sister and I have had. I paid for both of us and didn’t get what I paid for. All they offered was $50 credit to my next cruise for spending over two grand. Keep your $50 credit.

Original Review: Booked a seven day single cruise for my sister and I two years ago, with Vacations To Go. To make a long story short. They did not include us with the singles. I even asked at the front desk. No help. After about half week. They left a schedule at my door, but, by then, was no fun. When I returned home I called and emailed, vacations to go. They did not try to make things right. Vacations to go for singles lost my business and I tell people.

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Maria. We are so sorry to hear that you and your sister were not able to participate in the singles activities once on board. I'd like to investigate this further, but I don't have enough information to locate your reservation in our system. Do you remember the ship and sail date for this cruise? Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

We wanted to book a cruise. The price was $177! When we called, the price was double! Taxes and fees were over 100% of the price of the cruise!!!! Seriously! NO BUENO! How can taxes and fees be over 100% of the original ticket price????

Vacations To Go response

Thank you for writing, Kathy. We're so sorry to hear that you're frustrated with the price quote you received. Taxes and fees are in addition to the price on our website, as stated on every FastDeal, and are set solely by the cruise line. Amounts vary for each sailing and are based off the length of the cruise and your destinations. We wish we had the ability to lower those for you, as in some cases, they can be high. We do hope that you'll give us a chance to work with you again in the future.

Vacations To Go Company Information