Weston, FL

1.0/5 (30 ratings)

About Vacation Village Resorts

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Make no mistake, Vacation Village Williamsburg, lures hardworking middle-class families like mine into a dreamland of vacationing with total disregard for their legal obligations to acknowledge and disclose the governing consumer's rights. I was NOT made aware of the rescission periods for the state. There is zero question that it was withheld purposefully as a strategic OMISSION. I was LIED to about the value of the product from the get-go. I regretted this almost immediately after the purchase, because this simply was not the right decision for me and my family.

They have shown ZERO EMPATHY for has now turned into a true financial hardship. Do not be lured into the All-American dream in Colonial Williamsburg. Disgusting, manipulative, dishonest practices are all you will find there. It is a safe assumption that this is part of Vacation Village’s standard business practices.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Vacation Village built this travel fantasy where we can make traveling easier and cheaper. They told us if we bought a timeshare with them, we could write it off on our taxes. They harped on the idea that it would benefit our whole family and we could pass it on later down the road. It was sad when we found out none of this was true. I cannot think of one thing the sales representatives told the truth about. It is disgusting that these people are able to lie so easily and not feel any empathy towards the people they are conning. Commissions are the only thing that matter with this company. Steer clear of Vacation Village.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

If you are considering buying a Grandview Timeshare…BEWARE! Their sleazy, unethical, predatory approach is disgusting. Upon arrival to our 1-hour lunch and talk, they took our driver's licenses to hold us hostage and perform a credit check that we did not authorize! After 5 exhausting hours, and the promise of Disney vacations, we succumbed. We found that their “affiliation” with Disney is a joke and making a reservation is impossible. Maintenance fees were never disclosed to us. They pitched this as an investment, failed to mention we could cancel within a week, said we could earn rental income and we could write this off on our taxes. ALL LIES! The staff is highly unethical, and we’ve been roped into a scam!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

These people are scammer. I am looking for a way home now. I depended on this gift card they promised after touring for hours. Please do not trust them. They are liars and take your money. I spent all I had in left with nothing they promised me.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

After being tricked into a breakfast "sales charade" my family and I decided not to participate. The second our (salesman) realized I was serious and don't care for any free gift card or whatnot. The charm disappeared, and we were treated trash. They trick you, to get you there in the first place then give you a really crappy breakfast or whatever, while you're forced to listen to a salesman for hours. They look down on the unfortunate, even mentioned people living on food stamps, stating that was an easy way to live. At the same time - telling you God is #1. They take an Hour, to ask you very personal questions and get pissed when you ask them to get to the point - what are you selling and how much! Lol really sad. Lesson learned, and glad I left before sitting there another couple of hours, 1 was Enough!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

They really out here scamming! Told me my name was chosen from a bridal show I went to & they wanted to offer me some free trips. Told me and my fiancé to come and do a tour for 90 minutes and we would leave with 2 free trips and a gift card! We ended up being there for 5 hours with different people trying to pressure us into buying a “time share”. Oh and the “free trips” we were given were not even free. Go look at other reviews before you go & think about signing a contract with these people!

Original review: July 25, 2022

Vacation Village took advantage of my son with an INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY while I stepped out of the room. We initially purchased timeshare because of the lies they told us during the presentation. We believed all these things to be true when in fact they were not; the timeshare is an investment, we would receive tax benefits from purchasing, it could be rented out for $5,000 or more because of its proximity to Disney, the access to RCI and to be able to visit vacation destinations around the world, and many more.

A year later, my son and daughter attended the upgrade meeting. This meeting ended up being 7 hours of the staff holding her there despite her declining their offers. She was highly pressured to purchase a second week with them AND they had my son sign papers in my absence. The papers were later sent to me for my signature. In what world is this acceptable behavior? I am furious they would take advantage of my children like this! This company is money hungry and will take your money at any opportunity they can.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Don’t fall victim to Vacation Village Resorts timeshare trap. During an outing at a gun show we received free tickets to enter a getaway weekend at Historic Williamsburg. They called us a few days later and said we won, but we only had to listen to a 1-hour presentation. Instead of an hour, they trapped us there for almost the entire day. The sales presentation was more one on one high pressure sales to purchase a timeshare. Our salesman took us on a tour of Williamsburg, and Vacation Village, and explained all the benefits of purchasing the timeshare. Things like, passing the TS to our kids, access to Disney when traveling, hotel discounts around the world. All of this was FALSE.

After an exhausting day long, we told them we could not afford it. Our salesman kept dropping the price several times to make us think we were getting a great deal. Instead, we were creating a financial burden for our family. They never disclosed the ridiculously high interest rates and that there was no resale value for the timeshare. Don’t fall victim to their high-pressure sales trap. We have thrown away money to pay Vacation Village for A timeshare we do not need or use. They manipulated us and lied to us and pushed us into this disastrous contract.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I am writing this review regarding Vacation Village at Bonaventure. They outright lied about the timeshare and the benefits pertaining to having it. To begin, we were offered a free buffet for our family, and if we attended their timeshare presentation, they would give us a $100 gift card. Essentially, they bribed us to attend. Looking for the best deal on vacations for my family we decided to go. They said that we would “own property”, which is a complete and utter lie! They painted this dreamy picture of all the beautiful locations that we would have access to, but this turned out to be a lie.

Trying to book a vacation is impossible with their confusing website and lack of availability. The sales representative never disclosed the total cost of this purchase, if they would have informed us, we could have WALKED AWAY. The sales representative pressured us and repeatedly ignored our refusal to buy. The annual maintenance fees outweigh the cost of just paying for our own lodging. They are selling something that is not feasible. Do all your research and do not fall victim to these predatory sales tactics. In fact, if you spend 10 minutes reading other reviews about Vacation Village, you’ll get the picture.

Original review: July 7, 2022

Vacation Village Resorts is a fraudulent business. I am no longer interested in keeping my contract with this company. It has been nothing but a hassle and a waste of my hard earned dollars. In this review, I will outline the ways in which I've been deceived, and how this contract will be an enormous burden for my financial future. In 2019, I booked a hotel in Orlando. On my check in and arrival, I was told that if I listened to a two hour sales lecture, they would waive the cost of the hotel stay and I would be given complimentary tickets to the three Disney parks. This sounded agreeable to me especially as the sales meeting would not involve high pressure technique. So I was told.

On attending the meeting, I was immediately subjected to high pressure sales tactics. I declined the initial offer vehemently but each time a different sales person would try to coerce me into purchasing a timeshare at a lower price. I requested time to think, but was told that I had to decide that morning. This entire ordeal lasted for six hours of high pressure sales pitch. Eventually and reluctantly, I agreed to purchase a timeshare unit at THE BERKLEY RESORT in Orlando as my

family was waiting for me.

On returning home, I learned terrible truth about this purchase: the unending maintenance fees, high interest loans, and the specific cancellation rules. Had any of these been DISCLOSED, I would not have agreed to purchase the unit. In 2020,I tried to book vacation at THE BERKLEY, and it was not available. Thereafter, every time I tried to book at this resort, it was never available. I have paid absurd amount of money for something that I could never use. Since December 2019, I have paid over $15,000.00 for something I have never been able to use. I am 74 years old, and plan to retire at the end of 2022. I am getting older and I will be traveling much less. For this reasons, I want my contract cancelled immediately.. I expect for this to be handled in an efficient manner, so that I can move on with my life.

Vacation Village Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vacation Village Resorts is a timeshare company that offers timeshare properties at more than 50 resorts. The company was founded in 1975 by James E. Lambert, and they have nearly 500,000 owners across the world.

• Community Minded: The company not only sells timeshares, but also gives back to the community, supporting the Broward Children's Center, which is a local charity that helps infants, children, and young adults with health challenges.

• Vacation Flexibility: Vacation Village Resorts has partnered with RCI and Interval International to offer a wide range of vacation property options for timeshare owners.

• ARDA Members: The company has been a member of the American Resort Development Association since the '80s, proving its reputation as a leader in the field.

• Affinity Rewards: Vacation Village Resorts has a great incentive program that is offered to its customers. The programs gives customers rewards for their loyalty and business.

• Referral Program: Vacation Village Resorts pays people who refer friends and family members to the company.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
    2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
    Ft. Lauderdale