1.11/5
  • 1 star
Based on 44 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Discover a great timeshare now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

47 Vacation Village Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Almost over a year ago there was a quiz on the radio to guess a name of a country that doesn't have the letter A. So I called and yayyy won a prize. Free vacation, not one but two free 3-4 days stay in a resort. One in Orlando FL and the other one In Vegas. So they took all my information and told me there's fee I have to pay and it's around $350. And they got me in the moment being all excited and stupid I gave them my card number and they took the money from me. I'm sure it's a scam, the question is how do I get my money back?? Anyone had similar experience with Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

While staying at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas We were enticed to visit Vacation Village Grandview Resort. We were required to put down $50 in cash. We were told that if we took the tour we would receive $70 in cash, $200 in gambling credit, $200 in food coupons and a voucher for 2 days and 3 nights in their resort. We went on the tour and after 3 hours of trying to hard sell us a timeshare we insisted on leaving and would like the incentives we were promised. They finally agreed to let us go but not before we had to stop at 3 more stations to be offered other timeshare deals, each less costly and comprehensive than the previous offer.

After another hour of "checking out" we received the incentives as promised, or so we thought. The food vouchers worked as expected, but the gambling vouchers were a joke. The vouchers were only good at the Casino Royale on 8 slot machines clearly marked "Promotion Only". There was a big sign above them that said you could win $5000, but there was no way to actually win it. There was no way to cash out your winnings. The only option was to keep pressing the spin button until your balance was zero. Actually we walked away with $60 credit left on the machine.

We haven't tried to use the vacation vouchers yet but the fine print mentions black-out periods and minimum night stays. I am not sure how this will work, but I don't have high hopes. Also we found that if you purchased a timeshare they would immediately provide you a limo ride directly back to your hotel. If you didn't purchase they had a run down shuttle bus that runs ever 30 minutes or so and stops at each hotel that the current passengers are staying. We were the 3rd hotel on the strip and it took nearly 45 minutes to get back.

So if you like hard sells techniques, lackluster incentives and have 4-5 hrs to waste while on vacation then this is a deal for you. How can you trust these guys enough to buy a very expensive timeshare that has uncapped annual maintenance fees and additional fees to trade your weeks for other resorts when they are so dishonest during the initial meeting. I now understand why so many people want out of their timeshares.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES. The 2 people we dealt with were completely unprofessional (Marian and some guy). We decided this wasn't for us. They kept telling us what we wanted to hear. After speaking to a manager, nothing they said was accurate or right. Marian promised to give us a ride back to our hotel. Instead she left us!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I received a letter from this company, stating that I had won a prize from a drawing at the Chesapeake Jubilee, but they were unable to contact me by phone, so I needed to call them by October 10, 2017 to claim my prize. So I called & I was asked for my name, city that I lived in & my telephone number. I gave them my name & city that I live, but did not give my phone number because I told them that they should already know my phone number if they have been calling me already (as stated in the letter that they sent me). The lady was quick to respond saying we just want to make sure that we have the correct # on file, because we have not been able to reach you, that’s why we sent you a letter. I told her, no it is the correct #, I just haven’t been answering because I didn’t know the number that was calling.

I did not want to give them my # so that they could bother me for the rest of my life, because I don’t even believe that they had my # in the first place b/c I don’t give my number out! So she proceeded with her sales pitch on how I won this COMPLETELY FREE VACATION to one of their amazing resorts (obviously she doesn’t know the definition of amazing) in Virginia. I asked her “what is the gimmick”? She said, “well if you want to call it a gimmick, it’s not. It is for advertising purposes. We want to get our name out, so if we give you a free vacation to one of our “amazing“ resorts & take care of all of your expenses for you & your family to have a great time - on us. Then you will hopefully return to one of our resorts, as a paying customer one day & bring your friends/family too!” So I again asked, "& this vacation is FREE OF CHARGE TO ME?"

To which she answered, "YES, WE EVEN GIVE YOU A VISA GIFT CARD FOR UP TO $250 DEPENDING ON WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK/WEEKEND YOU COME!” She then proceeded to tell me about the other properties that they had throughout the country & had me go on their website www.vacationvillageresorts.com to look at all of the properties that they owned. So I told her that I was actually looking to book a trip to Disney World for me & my daughter to go in November. She got really excited & starting saying that she would throw in a “bonus “ for two days & two nights at their resort in Orlando for me. But I couldn’t use it for at least 45 days, because they had so many bookings. That sounded a bit weird, so I asked again “THIS IS ALL FREE OF CHARGE TO ME?”

She said, "YES! We just ask that you take a quick tour of the property, so that we can show you all of the things that our property has to offer, at most it will take 90 minutes. You will not be asked or pressured to buy anything during your visit. We just want you to see everything that we have to offer, so that you get the full experience!" I said, "Okay let’s go ahead & book my vacation to Massanutten then." This sounded awesome, I was getting two free vacations & all I had to do was tour the property when I got there for no longer than 1 &1/2 hours - sweet sign me up!! Right! Wrong! She then proceeded to tell me that I had to put down a $75.00 deposit to hold my room, because their resorts are in such high demand, they can’t afford to hold a room for free & then you not show up. But I will get my $75.00 deposit back via the visa gift card, they will add it to my visa gift card, which I can use for gas, groceries,... or whatever I want.

This is where I knew that this was way too good to be true, because it wasn’t making sense anymore! So I googled Vacation Village Resorts reviews, while she was still babbling on & I came across Consumer Affairs & started reading all of the reviews stating how horrible this business is & how they were crooks & just downright rude & liars. To top it off they are not even an accredited business! I told the lady on the phone - "You know what - NEVERMIND! I don’t want your free vacation, you guys are not even an accredited business & the reviews on your business are absolutely terrifying!" She became very defensive & asked me where I was getting my information from & how they have been in business for 30 plus years.

I said, "It looks like you guys have been in business 30 plus years & straight ripping people off! Thanks for wasting my time." & she abruptly got off the phone with me!!! Thank god, I didn’t give them my phone #, because I know they never had it in the first place & they would probably blow my phone up for the rest of my life, had I given them my phone number. So PLEASE read all or some of the reviews about this business, before giving them any of your hard earned money, because they are very misleading & will take everything that they can get from you without hesitation! They are complete scumbags!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I will like to report the for their fraudulent advertising. They are crooks. They make everything sounds sweet but in reality they just steal. My fiancee and I are now trapped and stuck in their lies. After detaining us for five hours before giving us our tickets for our cruise trip we had paid for, we was pressured into buying a timeshare. We are basically not qualified and now are struggling to make the monthly plan and they are not willing to help us. It was all sweet talk for us to sign our life's to the devil. The sales man at one point told us to exaggerate on our income and as well as our expenses as "they don't really look at that". They claim we had 10 days to cancel but it was never verbally discussed to us and all the paperwork we signed was all rushed into as we were eagerly trying to leave to make it in time for our cruise departure.

The salesman after sealing the deal advised us to leave the documents in the truck of rental truck as we departed for our one week vacation for "security purpose" and not to discuss any of our transactions and process with anyone who was part of the timeshare presentation that day. How were we going to be able to read through their lies if we did not have the documents? We came back home from vacation and read through their scam we tried multiple times to contact them including the loan officer but no luck. Once we got in touch with them after a couple days they said we have passed our ten days cancellation window and there's nothing they can do. That is not how you do business. We cannot afford this and we feel like our consumer rights have been violated.

The sales person name Miguel, used racial slur the whole time, harassed me, bribed me, flirted with me the entire time. We were racial profiled. How professional is that. All that just to get a sale. At one point even had his hands on me which I was pissed about. He was smoking around us the whole tour. At this point if the resort does not do anything about this situation we are already talking to lawyers, because why would we want to be in business to a company that is so deceitful and scams and unprofessional. Big time scammers, racists, harassments, frauds. Don't do business with them, it's all lies. This business needs to be shut down to protect consumers, especially if in America there is a consumer right laws that is totally thrown out the window at this company. This company should be out of business for all the laws they breaking with their deceitful lies. There should be a lawsuit against them and I would be more than happy to put my name there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We were offered a cruise package, and it included a "presentation." I read the reviews and got prepared. I would generally avoid naming people, but Catherine, Peter and their staff made it my worst day and worst holiday experience. Even after clearly telling them that I am not interested in timeshare, and reassurance that Florida laws protected prospective buyers, they could not take NO for an answer. I was forced to go along breakfast, even after clearly telling no thanks. Then came the condo visit; and after repeatedly telling them to let me go, and close the session - and give me my entitled cruise package (I had paid a hefty $1000 - for it); I was still held for 5 hrs, 8:30am to 1:30pm against my will.

Repeated refusals did go into their heads - came offer#1 $28,000 (plus other costs + annual maintenance costs $840/-), and then offer#2 (today's special $21000 + costs), offer#3: $15000+costs (something like that, you get the idea), and then foreclosure offer ($9000) and yet another bottom most foreclosure ($5700). Being held against my will, and making my family stay for over 5hrs was nerve cracking. These people do not know how to behave. I completely support all the other posts on this "resort." And the resort we visited was dud! Little said the better - again in support of other comments here.

Original review: July 26, 2017

When I was young and naive I consigned a timeshare with, my at the time, boyfriend. Years later after some complications, I signed a quit claim deed to get my name off the thing... Never heard from them again till recently. The yearly maintenance fees are apparently too much to handle for my ex... I sent them proof of quit claim deed and also I've filed for bankruptcy between the quit claim deed and present. They will not stop sending me letters. Threatening to ruin my credit over a property I signed off on 15 years ago. I don't know what to do, or how to get them to stop harassing me. Who has money for a lawyer? I have children to feed. Absolutely terrible business ethic. Can't find the original owner to pay fees, so you start harassing the ex-consigner. Wtf!?

Original review: July 22, 2017

I took up an off for a week at Silver Lake Resort in Florida and also 2 days at the Weston in Fort Lauderdale. This offer included a 6 day car rental plus a 3 day cruise out of Miami. On arrival at the airport in Orlando I was told I needed all this extra car insurance as the laws in Florida are different so that cost me. We then were told we could select any car from those parked in the area we went to, which we did.

We had a great time in Silver Lake in a lovely apartment and I went to the timeshare appointment but as I explained, I have WorldMark by Wyndham South Pacific so felt I didn't need the offer of timeshare as I can always stay at Silver Lake through RCI. We then went to the Weston at Fort Lauderdale and the small apartment was very ordinary but I went to the 'talk' and again explained that I would not take up any offer they had for the same reason. He insisted I be driven around the resort so he could show me how lovely it was. I then explained I didn’t particularly like it and would not take up the offer. I was asked to wait each time and a supervisor would come back with another “offer". It got to the point that, after 4 hours I was nearly in tears - it ruined the one lousy day we had to even experience Fort Lauderdale and it was only when I started to lose my temper that they would let me leave.

We then went to Miami - I was able to access my bill for the hire car and found that the supposed 1 day extension of the car had cost me several hundred dollars. No-one answered any phone contact I had. The ship booking, that had been made some 6-9 months earlier was an inside booking and we had been given a cabin with bunk beds, hardly suitable for a couple - one in their 70's and one in their 60's.

This all occurred in about 2012 I think. Since that time I have had about between 20-30 calls for Vacation Villa Resorts Florida either asking me that I still had a booking to be used, or seeing if I want to purchase another. I have explain; screamed; yelled at; pointed out; asked for a supervisor and pretty much every other way of saying PLEASE GET ME OFF THE BOOKS - I DON"T NEED OR WANT ANOTHER PHONE CALL - but still they keep coming including last weekend at 6.30 in the morning on my day off and again today, Saturday, when I am trying to run a busy pediatric surgery ON MY MOBILE PHONE.

I have had enough. This company is an absolute disgrace. I wish I had never taken up the offer in the first place (which, by the way, was not cheap being in USD for an Australian). I could have purchased all the accommodation through RCI and the cruise through normal channels for less... so, this is what I think and hopefully through this forum they will never ring me again.

Original review: July 20, 2017

We booked with Always Travel With Us, we did not know about the presentation, we were told that it would take 90 minutes of our time and at the end receive are two other vacations and a gift card. It wound up taking 5 hours to complete at which we did not buy a Timeshare. The person showing us was very nice and answered all our questions and was not mad at all that we were not interested. He did take us to a nice restaurant and we ate a nice meal for breakfast. He was not pushy and talk to us during our time. Then a lady came over who was a manager and she talked to us about prices for timeshares and how much we could save if we bought one. Now we told her we were not interested. She tried a couple more times but then got it and moved on.

Then a man came over and talk to us a bit about it and we told him we were not interested and he told us to go ahead and get checked out. Then our first guy took us over to the last room. Stamp the paper and we sat down at the table and another lady came to the table and tried one last time to get us to buy a Timeshare and then we told her we were not interested and moved on to a desk where we checked out. Got our vouchers and our gift card and then left but overall took a lot longer than what they said. And just wish we were informed about the timeshare in the first place.

Original review: July 5, 2017

This was the worst experience ever at a resort. It was my grandkid birthday and she wanted to spend at Disney. So we plan it with this online offer from JD Marketing for Vacation Village in Orlando, FL. The first room had bed bugs the was biting the family. Then they moved to the next room that had so many flies they died on top of her cake and everything plus everywhere. The night manager Ken ** told us he didn't put them there after he had sent us to the third room which the maintenance man couldn't even open the door and when he did the room was filthy dirty. I got very upset and called him a BSer and told him I truly understand he didn't put them there however they are responsible to get them exterminated.

He explained he was man and should not talk to him that way. I explained I'm a guest and I shouldn't have to move to 4 rooms before we get a good one. I felt we should be compensated. We have pictures and maintenance witness but he said that is not enough. They have to do their investigation that would take about a week and laugh us off. At that time I asked for his manager. He said he was where the buck stops and there was no one over him. I could tell I found someone not too scared to tell me he wasn't the boss and he did have a manager coming in the morning.

Next day I called 5 times to speak to Mr. Allen ** but to no avail, so I went back to office to overhear one person say Mr. Allen ** is on the property at one of the units. Afsheen ** asked how could she help but Mr. Allen was not on the property. She told us there was nothing she could do to help us until their investigation was done in a week. We had to show her the flies which we had pictures and show her the cake that was spoiled by flies. I told her go to building 3 the second building and look in the garbage since the pictures wasn't enough. This was the worst vacation ever. Customer service SUCKS or should I say MANAGEMENT. There were more guest moving because of the same problem.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I went to Vacation Resort Villas Las Vegas to cancel my purchase of a timeshare. They cut my price down from 12k to 5k for 1 week 1 bedroom. The process took less than an hour and they were very professional. I now have to wait 20 days for my deposit back. Timeshares may work for some but my concern is availability to exchange points and not being able to go where I want to go. I thought it would be helpful for people to know that you have a 5 day window cancellation time. So if you change your mind after you do your research you should send in or go in to cancel within that 5 days. The process was not difficult.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Resort sales personnel lied to my wife and I through the entire process. The major selling point was free golf for the life of the agreement. This was the first of many hollow promises. Within 1-2 years the owner sold the golf course. Mention of interest rates was cloaked in secrecy. Next items to lie about were promises of a monthly payment which was agreed on at a set price satisfactory to this buyer and a set date at the end of the month.

Magically, at closing, all agreed upon paperwork had disappeared and the amounts were at the original amounts before negotiation. Oh, and the promised date was converted by the scumbag financial institution they deal with. Imprisonment is what these people need. They are some of the biggest crooks on the planet with no regulation group to control them. If you enjoy being ripped off, these are the people for you. Based on the reviews I read, this is standard practice. Can't wait for judgment day. That higher authority is the one who will deal with them.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Booked the 2 day Bahamas Cruise, paid to upgrade the cabin. Throughout the entire booking and upgrading process, nobody once mentioned having to attend a timeshare presentation, especially since we already bought a timeshare less than a month prior. When we checked in to the "Welcome Center", they herd you in and tell you what time you need to be there and where to go, all of them about as friendly as mouth cancer. I told them I had not been told about any presentation and they very matter of factly and somewhat rudely that the presentation was part of the cruise and that we had to attend "a 90 minute presentation and tour in order to receive the cruise voucher." Ok, fine.

Next morning, we drive 30 minutes to the Vacation Village of Weston. We check in and sit around for a little bit, then our representative Sami comes out and welcomes us and offers us something to eat or drink, which we declined because we already had breakfast. We then sit through the rah-rah happy presentation where everyone says their names and the typical video and math showing that over the next 20 years, you're going to spend $42,000 on hotels, so just give us your $42,000 and we will let you stay here every now and then.

After the hour long love fest, we (my fiancé and I) explain to Sami that we didn't even realize that we had to sit through a presentation and that we had just bought one and weren't in the market. At first, he seemed understanding and said "Ok, then we will just take the tour and we will get you out of here quick", which sounded great. He then brings us into a crowded room of tiny tables with people crammed in like sardines all talking over each other. He starts asking a bunch of questions about our vacationing and about our timeshare that we owned. As the questions progressed, he started getting very condescending and flippant with my fiancé. He told her that we weren't going to get what we thought we were going to get and at one point, very sarcastically asked her, "Do you even know what you bought?" By that point we were done with this jerk, so we looked at our watches and said, "Well, 5 more minutes and we can go."

Sami asked what we meant and we told him that we were told we had to sit through a 90 minute presentation to get the voucher and he had 5 more minutes. He said, "Yeah, that's not happening. It's at least a 2 hour presentation and it just started when we sat down." We told him that's not how that works, that we were told 90 minutes and it's been 90 minutes. Then, this greasy looking scumbag actually looks at my fiancé and says "Don't get pissy with me!! You can leave if you want." We demanded the vouchers and he continued to refuse. We demanded to speak with someone immediately. He takes us outside in the heat and says "Stay here, let me see what they are going to do with you."

We are left standing there for about 15 minutes, then they call us in to an office with a short little lady that looked like a Hispanic Rhea Perlman. She never introduced herself, not a name, not who she was, not nothing. She just said "What's going on?" We, at this point are outraged and angry, so we tell her what we were told when we checked in and that we wanted our vouchers because we fulfilled our part of the bargain. She said "No, they told you wrong. The presentation is at least 2 hours and you have to take the tour. You have been standing out there wasting time, so it's going to take longer." I then inform her about the things Sami said to us and how he acted. She got up and walked over back into the building. Now we thought we were getting somewhere.

We go back in and Sami walks back up to us and say that if we want, we can get another sales member to give us the tour or he can continue. He never apologized for being a petulant, disrespectful man baby, he just gave us that choice. We again told him that we wanted our vouchers, because at this point, we weren't leaving without our vouchers. Again, we were told we had to go on the tour and be shown prices to get the vouchers. I then call the Weston Police Station and ask for a deputy to be dispatched because they were holding us against our will and not giving us what we were told we would get for our time, knowing full well that there probably wasn't anything the deputy would be able to do. Then Sami, Hispanic Rhea Perlman, and another lady came running out of the door. The third lady just asked if I would just go up to the unit and look at it and come back, we could have our vouchers. I said, "Fine."

A very pleasant gentleman came and took us up to his car and drove us to the unit, which we walked into and promptly out of, which by the way was a dump compared to our vacation condo. We came back to the office, then had to sit around for another 30 minutes, then a "manager" came out and actually had the guts to ask me if I had any interest in purchasing, to which I said, "Are you kidding me?" He offered me the last ditch lowest price to which I just stared at him. We were then brought in to actually get the vouchers. Not so fast...

We had to sit with yet another manager, who asked us why we chose not to purchase. I then recounted the series of events, he had a blank stare with nothing to say. I told him that maybe if you want someone to buy something from you, maybe talking down and telling someone not to get pissy with you is probably not the way to go about it. He told me Sami would be suspended for 3 days (highly doubt that) and that he was very sorry. We then got in the line of angry people who were trying to get out with their vouchers and get out of that dump, so I made it a point to very loudly tell them about how we were treated while listening to the other horror stories from the others.

Not long after that, they started hurrying up and finally, after four long hours, Hispanic Rhea Perlman gave us our vouchers, and now we can go on our cruise. I will caution anyone that has to go to this presentation or any from Vacation Village, it's not worth it, or as I told the last "manager" I spoke to, "You could write $0 on your piece of paper and I would still tell you to shove it up your **."

Original review: June 13, 2017

Horrible experience! Scam! I did a tour in Fort Lauderdale for a "free vacation in Orlando." This free vacation consisted of 2 nights in a hotel and 2 adult theme park tickets. I drove 11 hours from Virginia and was told at arrival the "free vacation in Orlando was to get me here...another tour must be done to stay for free and get the theme park tickets." The staff were extremely rude and spoke to each other in an unknown language. It was obvious they were talking about me. There is ZERO communication between the Welcome Center at Park Inn and where the tour must be done.

Long story short, I spent half a day traveling back and forth between the Welcome Center and Idiotville. My time was wasted and now I have to make a return visit just to use the not so free theme park tickets. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! Side note, the hotel, Park Inn, was wonderful! The staff very were friendly and I was given 2 free alcoholic drink vouchers because I had "to deal with the Welcome Center." The nice man at the counter stated "they get numerous complaints about them daily." IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!

Original review: May 11, 2017

I was totally lied to when I bought my new Time Share in March 2017. I own a timeshare in Massanutten which is a week's timeshare. Vacation Village salesmen told me that by buying their time share located in "Palm Beach Shores" that my existing time share would be converted into points and that it would also give me the concierge Service. The timeshare points from the Massanutten property could be used for flights and rental cars and hotel stays.

Well here we are in May and I received my new RCI account and I called RCI to make sure everything was converted and the RCI rep, said "OH NO you can not do this." That I would misinformed. Now what do I do. I did not need another timeshare, but I wanted the benefit of the concierge Service and the benefit of using the points differently. Can anyone help me with?

Original review: May 8, 2017

We were given a 3 day pass to the plantations in Virginia, part of the 3 day pass was a tour. Well the tour took most of the day and then we were placed in a room. A gentleman came over and started talking about purchasing a week vacation at this amazing price. We said, "No thank you, not interested." Then he laid out all these great, plans that there is no hassle to exchange, and we will give you a great week. Well our great week was the 4th week of the year. Not when you live in PA and you want somewhere warm that time of year. Then it is a bi-annual timeshare so we can only go every other year unless we bank a week. We have been trying to get out of this timeshare. They take payments out of checking every month but we can't use it because the maintenance fees are outrageous. We fell behind because of medical issues. I asked if I could pay a little at a time. They told me that if I sent then $25 they would send it back.

Really not happy about this. We are paying for something we will never be able to use. I feel like I was scammed. So many hidden fees. We were blindsided. And all they keep saying is, "You signed the agreement." Whatever you do if invited to the meetings. Say, "No thank you not interested." I would love to be part of the lawsuit, just for the sole purpose that we were taken advantage of and to get rid of this timeshare.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I was told that the vacation package can be cancelled anytime and refund, but when I tried calling them to cancel they refuse to do so. They make you book with a different message during the phone conversation and after the booking send different things in writing. I want to escalate this to next level to get my money back, can someone suggest how to get the money back. Just now found I'm not the one, many have this issue. Can we find a way to stop this nonsense. Any suggestion welcome.

Original review: April 11, 2017

We were told that we could cancel at any time! They refuse to do so. We have not use any part of the package because you get the runaround when you try to get your free week. Also I could book a vacation cheaper and try to call you get very rude people that talk over you. I would like to let people know to be aware of this scam! I have contacted the BBB and filed a complaint!

Original review: March 16, 2017

In 2015 my family was invited from a promotional ad on the radio to a 1 presentation at Vacation Village Parkway resort. At the reception, everything was calm, until we got to an area with a lot tables and chair. A lot movement of people in suits and other families sitting on desks. This sales representative was leading us into signing this wonderful deal. At the beginning we were hesitant and wanted to go home. She then brought another more experienced and senior salesman who made so many verbal promises on that we could sell the unit if down the road we did not want.

All the hidden fees and interest rates were not clear defined. In addition, not to mentioned the point system and week number was confusing and for us to call another number (which is another company) whenever we wanted to use the unit on the assigned week number. WHAT A SCAM. Please if you are a victim like me... I did some research and found potential good timeshare attorney... The more we are the better... Here is the attorney info **. Let's join!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I got a call a year ago re a Bahamas cruise sale. I thought they sell open inventory seats but they said I have to sit through 2 hour presentation. I decided to claim the vouchers because of a work trip. Today we went and was harassed by sales manager Roy and it looks like they prey upon people who don't know any better. I think the BBB and ConsumerAffairs have to send someone to see that operation. I paid money for this cruise but did not realize that this would come in exchange for experiencing Florida scam!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

Vacation Village at Parkway - I went on a Time-sharing Tour. We went to the welcome center. They wined and dined us. After lunch they took us to another location on the property, about a mile to a mile and half from the welcome center on their property. They were very pushy as I expected. After 2.5 hours and the agent and managers not taking no for an answer, we finally left. They gave us money for our time. After that I was looking for my ride back to the welcome center. Well the agent left and I asked for someone to take us back to the welcome center and we were told we were on our own. If we had bought they would take us back to where our car was parked, but they left us stranded.

After walking the mile to mile and a half, I blasted the Welcome center and told the other guest there, about what had happened. Of course the people at Vacation Village at Parkway, didn't care. All this place is about the money and not you. Don't go or use this place. Management and customer service stinks.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I am writing you guys to express my absolute discontent with the service and information I have been receiving from your company. I visited Vacation Village at Weston in April of 2016 on vacation after the passing of my parents. There we met Chris, an employee with Vacation Village who was assigned to present the TimeShare to myself and my friends. We were not interested in the Time Share and had no hopes on purchasing at all, until Chris told us that we could rent the Time Share out to people as often as we wanted and that we could make money off of it. He stated that he purchased a few Time Shares and that he made a significant amount of money renting his units out during the last Mayweather fight in Vegas. Of course that grabbed our attention being that we are young and interested in building for our future.

Chris invited his best friend (J.B or B.J) to the table and they both talked to us about renting the units out. They made it clear to us that this was the culture of the company, but the only thing was, I could not tell the guy we closed with that we were using it for rental purposes. He made us feel like this is just how Time Shares operate and the majority of people use their place for residual income.

After thinking about it, I asked Chris If we changed our minds and did not want the Time Share anymore, what are our options of getting out? Chris stated "you can call Vacation Village and let them know at anytime, we will just sell your contract to another person, like we are doing with you. The only thing about it is, you will not get your deposit back. Since we do in house financing it will not go on your credit or anything like that." (Verbatim)

Lastly, Chris brought over his best friends father, whom he said was the OWNER of the Grandview Vegas because we had no interest in buying in Florida. The owner explained that he had someone that did not want their Time Share anymore and if I wanted it he would give us a great deal on it, but he had to catch a flight and we needed to make a decision soon. I would have not 1 but 2, 2 bedrooms units, which meant we would have the A side and B side, the entire suite. He also threw in 2 extra weeks since 3 of us were interested in buying at this point.

When trying to book vacation with the concierge department, I had a difficult time, so I asked them how I could go about cancelling and they responded that I could NOT cancel or end my Time Share. No way at all and if I did not pay for it you all would garnish my wages and place it on my credit report. The ABSOLUTE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I WAS TOLD!!! I am LIVID that CHRIS (as a person) or VACATION VILLAGE (as a company) would even think this is acceptable to do just to get a commission!!!

He PURPOSELY mislead us into thinking this was a great deal and purposely gave us INCORRECT information. I guess that's how you all get your sales though right? Chris told us all about how we could take the money we made on the time share, and he could put us in touch with a jeweler that was in need of investors. Chris told me if I had any questions or concerns that I could give him a call. Well I've reached out to him on several different occasions and he has not responded or acknowledged my concerns at all. I have yet to hear from him. I would be more than happy to add my name to a class action lawsuit!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2016

We purchased a cruise to Fremont Bahama (which by the way was my wife's first cruise). The island looked like hell. Part of the deal was that we go to Vacation Village Timeshare presentation that would last only 90 minutes. Needless to say we were there from 10 a.m. until closing. We were high pressure and ended up buying a timeshare for under $3,000. We were never offered or received them. When asked to read the contract they told us that if we didn't sign that it would be gone by tomorrow.

When I received my deed it says that we showed Florida driver's license when indeed we did not even have a driver's license. We used our passports as identification. We were never informed that are making space or not included in a mortgage payment. We were told that if we wanted to give it to someone else we could. But according to the mortgage company that is not true, that we would have to pay the full balance in order to give it to someone else. I have to say is everything they promised was the LIE! I see they have side and persuaded others to buy their timeshares.

I have tried to get out of my contract by contacting them and also I can say is that it wasn't their responsibility in which they hired to represent them. I asked for their corporate attorney's number and called various times and they refused to answer my calls. I'm soo very interested in a class action suit against Vacation Village Timeshare. They totally misrepresented us and others!! There is more to tell, but there isn't enough space to tell the whole experience. Please all those who experience the same terrible experience as we have to pull together and start this lawsuit against Vacation Village!!!

Original review: July 15, 2016

They have several names: Holiday cruise line, Vacation Village Resorts, etc... They call me on my phone and offered a very good deal on hotels and cruise with casino money. They offered me: 3 days in Ft Lauderdale, 1 night on Grand Celebration cruise to Bahama, 3 nights on Grand Bahama Resorts, 1 night to back to Ft Lauderdale and drive to Orlando for 2-night hotels. 9 days car rental for $900.

It must be used within 18 months. I used it on my 17th month. A travel agent name Karen called me to help me book. She insisted that I upgrade all my hotel reservation from Ramada to Double Tree etc. and Park Inn resorts in Orlando because it is closer to the beach blah blah blah... Well I fell for it and did my upgrade which cost me more than $300 more. So I was ready to go on my vacation with my wife 9 days trip of our life.

Here is the real story: I spent my own money flying to Ft Lauderdale ($600 for 2people). I took my rental car from Alamo rental, but they didn't pay for my taxes. So I didn't care, but it turned out to be $150+ for 9 days taxes. I was not told this. I get to their Welcome Center and they gave us hotel vouchers but no cruise tickets. They said I need to go to a Vacation Village Resort the following day for 2hrs and they will give us boarding ticket there. I was like "what the heck is that?" Well we went without knowing what it was because we needed our boarding passes. Got there 12 and didn't get out until 5pm. That was not 2hrs. They tried to sell us Timeshare **. Well I didn't buy it. I told the guy that I did not know about this "Time-wasting **." This is the manager words "Well, then don't book discounted cruise. Here in America, that is how things work." I was like WOW... I stood up and left.

Double Tree at Ft Lauderdale was crappy. I didn't know why I upgraded, but the beach was not even close. Their pool was under construction. The beach was 15-20min drive. Too much trouble to do anything. Their hotel restaurant was overpriced with like 20 items. They gave us meal vouchers but guess what? Their price was so high, you're actually paying for an expensive meals. Burger was $18, but the meal voucher cover only $10 so you still pay $8. You can get a better burger outside. We end up not going there and go out to eat.

Driving from Ft Lauderdale to Palm Beach to board our cruise was almost 1hr drive. Wow... Paid for $72 parking fee. I was told that Grand Celebration cruise was the smallest cruise that exist on the planet. It looked big until it started moving. Carnival cruise was next to us and made us look like a mouse standing next to an elephant. When we got out into the sea, the cruise started to rock very heavily. That was the result of small cruise because people on the cruise said Carnival cruise does not rock even in bad water because they're so big.

Grand Bahama resort: It was the worse resort that I ever been to. Buffet cost $60 for 2 people, lunch with like salad, hot dog, burger, and some fruits. WOW!!! I was so hungry, but I still didn't want to get anything there. Dinner cost $100 for 2 people with the same items. I still don't know why the price difference. We were there and found out that there was a Memorial resort next door that was cheaper to stay and we were invited by their staffs for one-night pass and I can tell you that it was the place to go. Book with Memorial Resort if you go to Bahama.

Back at Orlando, well, when we arrived to our hotel Park Inn Resort after 3 hrs drive from Palm Beach. They wanted us to attend another Time-Share presentation **. I told them that I'm not going and I didn't agree to this. They told me "but it is part of the package." I told them "no it was not. I did not agree to go to these ** events." The lady behind the desk took our meal voucher and ripped 1/3 of the voucher and gave us back and said then we have to take some of your meal vouchers. I said fine.

Well we unpacked and went to their restaurant thinking that we might get decent food since we're in America but damn!!! Again they said I have to pay $8 taxes and fee for 2 people if I use vouchers... I said fine. I went to their buffet bar and saw like 6 items. We went back to the desk and said: "we're not eating, you can keep the voucher." We went to Outback Steakhouse that was 7min from where we stayed. In summary, I will not book with these people again. I was told that if I go to cruise, I should book it on vacationexpress.com. I will say that anything will be better than what we experienced. What a load of crap.

Original review: June 16, 2016

I went to a timeshare presentation and was there for 8 hours 12 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Of course the usual routine is they pick you up and take you for breakfast and then back to the preview center to discuss factors. Jose was my tour guide and he was very convincing to the point where he acted like he was your friend and try to look out for you and act like he's on your side when they are all cons, working together playing code games that you wouldn't even think it's a game.

They make it all look real. One minute Jose leaves and acts like he's sick so the next person could come in and talk to you as if they were all for you. Something that they didn't want your tour guide to know. They would all take turns Anna Makeovers to you that they try not to make aware of anybody else. We were the very last people to leave because he wanted to offer jobs and opportunities, benefits, and none of that was true. We even spoke to a so-called Executive Vice President named AJ and nothing we can. We end up canceling the next day.

Original review: May 16, 2016

My fiance and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas with a with a few of our friends. Of course part of the deal was to sit through a timeshare presentation in order to get our boarding passes. From the get go this company had us at their disposal. We had to catch a shuttle at 8am from our hotel they put us in that was filthy. The shuttle driver crammed us in there. I was separated from my group, told "You're tiny, sit in the back." The only child on the shuttle was forced to sit on the floor. She was terrified, asking if this was legal while her mom had to sit on the wheel well. We arrive at the presentation center and wait in line for 30 more minutes.

Meanwhile, waiting to see if we meet up with our group, we then meet our sales rep for the timeshares who is all nice and takes us in her car to breakfast. Then finally come back and hear her nonsense we leave again them taking us to their owned timeshare properties showing us models of apartments. Finally once again we sit down and they force numbers at us. We say no. They show us lower rates. Then she realized that I am a nurse so she went to her manager "Uncle Ed" and they came back with lower numbers since I now all of a sudden get a discount. We were told we were stupid if we didn't take this offer. Yet when I said no, once again we were brought an even lower offer.

A total of 4 offers were shown which we turned down. Uncle Ed started getting rude and said he would show us one more. These offers started at 30k and in matter of 45 minutes dropped to 10k. I said no once again and his demeanor completely changed. He stormed off and did not come back. We then were finally after 5 hours taken to get our boarding passes. Just when we thought we were done the last guys again offered us a timeshare that was now done to 4k. I at this time was extremely mad and said "I have said no 5 times today and you are not understanding. I will say it one more time." Overall, this was the biggest waste of time and some of the best sales reps were there who change their demeanor and become ** when they figure out they can't suck in and rip off a young couple. DO NOT DO IT!!!

Original review: April 24, 2016

We are timeshare owners at vacation village resort at Disney. Vacation village contacted us because we pay our fees on time. We get a free vacation without using points 1x a year. Once they went thru - the cruise would have cost $800 or a night stay at any other resort for $200. Offering that we can make an average of $500 a year by using our benefits at not charge to us.

Of course, we had to go thru a presentation 45 minutes, one thing my husband hates. After saying no because we would be forced to go thru the presentation -- Since we did not like the idea of (1) having to pay the $198 on the same day, and (2) having to sit thru a presentation, we said no. The woman, Laura, was rude and her tone was one of speaking to people who refuse to make an extra money. This intimidation or condescending act I do not appreciate.

Original review: April 6, 2016

I went to a timeshare presentation with this organization. First off they kept us there for almost 4 hours. When we would tell them no they would pretend to get our ship passes. Then someone else would come out to try to pressure us into buying. They had different people that tried to pressure us into purchasing timeshares. One of the sales people told my husband that he didn't need me to purchase a timeshare, he could purchase a timeshare without me. At that point, I just drew the line and told them we had already been there for 4 hours and I demand my ship tickets. This is a awful company with dogmatic sale people. They try to pressure you into purchasing using bullying tactics. Be very careful with them. Because of their disrespectful behavior I would not buy a single thing from them. Don't do it.

Original review: March 23, 2016

Please be careful if you're invited to the timeshare presentation! My sales rep was very rude, persistent, insulting and I was, "trapped" for almost 4 hours. I learned that several young, naive people, "bought" and several older, gullible people, "bought" the timeshare. I predict that it will be very difficult to use the timeshare and extremely hard to transfer to another location for an expensive fee! I was told that you have a 48 hour window to cancel the transaction. It's interesting that I was on a two-day cruise to the Bahamas after the presentation. I pity the people who bought the timeshare story and then leave the country for the 48 hours during which they have a chance to regain their perspective on the deal. Buyer beware!

Original review: March 22, 2016

We were offered a stay at Williamsburg Plantation through Vacation Village Resorts. When they called to offer us the stay over the phone, I asked if it was a timeshare and was told no (they failed to mention is a very similar concept to a timeshare). Girl on the phone said we would get a free weekend stay in Williamsburg and a $150 VISA Gift Card once we went on a 90-minute 'tour' of the property. We thought that sounded bearable so we ahead and scheduled our weekend trip.

Sunday, the day we were leaving, was completely miserable. When we signed up for the 'tour', we were explicitly told that we were required to be there for 90 minutes, but that they were not legally allowed to keep us past that amount of time for us to be able to receive our gift (the VISA card). Randy was our representative. He was very nice and pleasant to ride with (I was really not comfortable at first riding in someone else's car). Now, they will tell you over and over and over again that they are not pushy and they will not force this plan on you. They 'understand it's not for everyone' and just want to 'show you what's great about it'. We heard so many times that are not pushy. BELIEVE ME, THEY ARE PUSHY. I don't think I've ever experienced pushier sales people.

After about 2 hours (I was being considerate since our guy was really nice and obviously trying to make a sale - just his job) I informed him it had been 120 minutes and asked if we could leave, since we were only required to stay 90 minutes. He looked confused and asked who told us that. I stated that the person who originally did our booking AND the girl at the complex who booked our tour. He said he was sorry, but he had to continue and finish because his manager required it. So, at my fiancé's desire to be considerate of him giving his sales pitch, we continued and walked around the complex. We were told this 'resort' (quite a stretch to call it that) was a 'gold level' resort, trading at the highest level. We were floored that it wasn't silver or bronze. It was not our idea of luxurious, top notch accommodations at all.

The policy after we say no a certain number of times is for the salesperson to get their manager to come over and talk to us and see what we don't like about the deal. Now, this woman's name was Ann ** and she was one of the rudest people I've ever encountered. Her tone was condescending and she talked to us like we were children who didn't know what was best for our needs. WHY wouldn't we want to accept this great deal?! Seriously?! Gosh, you must be stupid then. My anger level was so high I just bit my tongue and give her a fake smile, saying nothing. We let her do her rehearsed speech and then again, 'no, thank you', 'no, thank you', 'no, thank you'. She was incredibly unpleasant to be around.

So, after 3 hours (twice the amount of time we were promised we could leave after) and them FINALLY accepting our 'no' after about 5 different price reductions, we were able to leave. We had to go BACK to the original spot with our car and talk to one of the big wigs, who AGAIN tried to lower our price (seriously, if you are considering purchasing this, wait until the very, very last moment when one of the higher level folks are asking for your feedback on the experience). Here, we gave our candid opinion on Ann and our pleasant experience with Randy, although much pushier than he claimed he would be. We were allowed to get our gift card leave and at this point we had spent about 3.5 hours there. MISERABLE.

Overall, we were glad to have the weekend in Williamsburg, but honestly, that experience was so frustrating that I wouldn't do it over again for a free weekend. In closing, this IS indeed a free weekend, but be aware of the headache the 'tour' will likely cause. Another note: My fiancé saw this company, Vacation Village Resorts at a vendor show recently and told him about our experience. He was actually very shocked about the time we were required to spend there and pulled up the actual contract that had the 90 Minutes Maximum clause in there. He was sorry we were 'held hostage' there for over 3 hours. I doubt they will change though.

Vacation Village Resorts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vacation Village Resorts is a timeshare company that offers timeshare properties at more than 50 resorts. The company was founded in 1975 by James E. Lambert, and they have nearly 500,000 owners across the world.

• Community Minded: The company not only sells timeshares, but also gives back to the community, supporting the Broward Children's Center, which is a local charity that helps infants, children, and young adults with health challenges.

• Vacation Flexibility: Vacation Village Resorts has partnered with RCI and Interval International to offer a wide range of vacation property options for timeshare owners.

• ARDA Members: The company has been a member of the American Resort Development Association since the '80s, proving its reputation as a leader in the field.

• Affinity Rewards: Vacation Village Resorts has a great incentive program that is offered to its customers. The programs gives customers rewards for their loyalty and business.

• Referral Program: Vacation Village Resorts pays people who refer friends and family members to the company.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale