Weston, FL

1.1/5 (108 ratings)

About Vacation Village Resorts

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: June 23, 2022

I was emotionally blackmailed by the staff at Vacation Village. I was contacted by a salesperson informing me I had won a free trip, so naturally, I took advantage of that offer. When I got there, I was invited to a sales presentation. When I declined, they said that it was mandatory and if I didn’t go, I would have to pay for the whole trip. If I would have known this, I never would have accepted a “free trip”. The sales rep told me that since Vacation Village has special arrangements with Disney, I can take my kids to visit Mickey. Vacation Village DOES NOT have any special arrangements with Disney, and they completely lied to my face! I kept declining their offers, but I felt pressured when multiple people would come up to me telling me I should buy it. I was overwhelmed with the amount of people I talked to that day. The people who work for Vacation Village will take advantage of you. Do not fall for their lies.

Original review: June 13, 2022

In 2018 we received a sales call offering a free weekend at The Grandview at Las Vegas through the El Dorado Resorts Corporation. We explained to them we had recently inherited another timeshare that we didn’t want and are not interested in another one. They told us no problem, we did not need to purchase a timeshare, we only needed to attend the presentation.

We asked for assistance in getting rid of the timeshare we inherited but we’ve later discovered they never intended to help us sell that timeshare, instead they pressured us into upgrading with new a timeshare to combine the points. They told us we could rent the timeshares out during football season once the new Raiders stadium is finished. The salesmen even said the stadium was being built across the street and they could help us rent it if we wanted to rent rather than vacation. All lies, the stadium was built on the opposite side of Las Vegas and there has been zero help in renting. We were manipulated with high pressure tactics and fraudulent statements, and now we are facing financial problems and increased debt. We can’t even afford to visit our grandchildren. Our health and future retirement are now in jeopardy. What a mess they got us into!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2022

If you receive a free offer for anything through Vacation Village, do not accept it! You will be required to attend a stressful sales presentation, and if it goes anything like mine, you’ll get duped into buying a worthless timeshare. I have owned since 2003 and was happy with my purchase until I wanted to start vacationing in other places. I tried using RCI but had so much trouble with reservations, I lost interest. Years later, I attended a free lunch and toured new units. This is when I was convinced to buy another week. I was talked in to another 92,000 points and was told not to worry about maintenance fees since my weeks could be rented out to cover that cost.

Since I had Christmas and 4th of July weeks, I would have no trouble renting theme out. SO UNTRUE! They have never been rented out and I have been responsible for the high maintenance fees for TWO timeshares! I should have never listened to that shady salesman. I have tried to rent it, sell it, and even give it away, yet here I am still holding the bag!

Original review: May 24, 2022

The customer service representatives are very unprofessional. At check in, we greeted the rep, who rudely interrupted us & asked for our ID. We were then sent to another rep who completely MISLED us in pushing a time share presentation. He specifically told us we wouldn’t have to do a tour/presentation, since we already owned a time share, & would get lunch & an $80 gift card after an hour maximum of a property review. He LIED to us. It ended up being a 3 hour presentation, with an overly pushy sales rep.

We later complained at the front desk about an issue in our room, the manager, Jolisa **, was very unprofessional, argumentative & said she was “trying to believe” our complaint. Wow. She talked over me as I explained, was rude, loud, & embarrassed me in front of other guests/customers standing around. She refused to give me the phone number to their corporate office, telling me I could Google it. This is not how management should handle an honest complaint. This company needs to better train their employees, especially managers. I’ll be contacting their corporate office.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Dec 2021. Paid almost 3k to enter their program, since then have been paying 350 a month. 5/11 First day tried to use plan and was told we have to pay extra for the second room that they told us came with the package. Decided we will use just one room. At the point of paying for they told us we had to attend a seminar. We heard the manager tell the employee we had to do an educational seminar or we had to call Grandview and work out with them regular pricing. He was rude, talked over me, and when I cussed he said he was glad I cussed and hung up. He was a manager named Rashad.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Do not get a timeshare from them. They raise their maintenance fee whenever they want to. They don’t offer assistance due to being affected by Covid. They are nothing but a SCAM. COMPLETELY regret getting them.

Original review: April 22, 2022

When they called I purchase a $99.00 package, my life has been busy so I forgotten about, this was in 2019. They charged my card, I never used the vacation and now in 2022 they tell me no refunds and that I need to purchase a new package for $169.00. What a good scam and legal, wish would've thought it before they did.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I thought I was lucky when in 2020 I won a radio station contest and received a “free trip” to Orlando or Las Vegas, but my luck was short-lived and ended with me having to cross paths with Vacation Village Resorts and it led to being one of the biggest mistakes of my life purchasing a Vacation Village timeshare. It was all a clever shakedown, a perplexing scheme to deceive me to purchase! It's all one big fat pyramid scheme! They are pushy, and do not take NO for an answer and the sales representatives would act like this would be the last time anyone could ever purchase a timeshare, I was pressured into purchasing this and I was lied to! Hidden fees, lies, scams, taking advantage of working folks and then not caring how this affects people is what Vacation Village Resorts is great at.

Their staff is a joke, and they know the scams they are pulling on people, and they need to be stopped! I was suckered into this garbage timeshare, I trusted those sales reps, but those FRAUDS knew what they were doing, those FRAUDS told me to my face that my children could inherit the timeshare but failed to disclose that they would also be inheriting the ridiculous debt! I am warning anyone who comes across my review towards Vacation Village resorts, do not waste your time or money here. They are a complete scam and will find a way to trick each and every guest, they are money hungry sharks. Beware of this pyramid scheme!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I called on a vacation certificate and the woman who answered not only answered my call ON SPEAKER so I couldn’t understand anything she was saying because of all the background noise. She took me off speaker after I said I couldn’t hear and was extremely rude to me the entire time. Telling me the “free” vacation still requires $289 to book. And I’ll only get $100 back after they try to upsell me DURING my vacation. What was the point of using this certificate if you’re going to scam people??? 0 stars on customer service and 0 stars for truthful advertising and truthful policies.

Original review: March 14, 2022

El Dorado Resorts Corp is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE! My husband and I made the terrible MISTAKE of buying a timeshare unit at the Grandview last year in Las Vegas. We went to their sales pitch meeting that lasted 8 HOURS! We were told lie after lie to convince us to buy the timeshare. They falsely told us that the property was a deed and wouldn’t ever affect our credit. They kept pressuring me to give them my social security number no matter how many times I refused and said we weren’t interested. We were quoted a low price and the availability to book vacations anywhere in the country with a day’s notice; this turned out to be a bunch of lies!

They never mentioned the hidden fees, the ridiculous maintenance costs and NEVER told us that our kids would inherit this debt. They purposely kept these details out of their sales pitch to deceive us into buying!!! El Dorado Resorts and their shady salespeople are preying on innocent Vegas tourist! Worst of all they never disclosed the amount of time we had to cancel the contract we signed with them. We were betrayed. They not only ruined our trip in Vegas but left us with a huge amount of debt! Do you and your family a huge favor and stay away from the Grandview!!!

Vacation Village Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vacation Village Resorts is a timeshare company that offers timeshare properties at more than 50 resorts. The company was founded in 1975 by James E. Lambert, and they have nearly 500,000 owners across the world.

• Community Minded: The company not only sells timeshares, but also gives back to the community, supporting the Broward Children's Center, which is a local charity that helps infants, children, and young adults with health challenges.

• Vacation Flexibility: Vacation Village Resorts has partnered with RCI and Interval International to offer a wide range of vacation property options for timeshare owners.

• ARDA Members: The company has been a member of the American Resort Development Association since the '80s, proving its reputation as a leader in the field.

• Affinity Rewards: Vacation Village Resorts has a great incentive program that is offered to its customers. The programs gives customers rewards for their loyalty and business.

• Referral Program: Vacation Village Resorts pays people who refer friends and family members to the company.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
    2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
    Ft. Lauderdale