1.16/5
Based on 58 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover a great timeshare now

Weston, FL

61 Vacation Village Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My husband and I were selected for a free getaway at Williamsburg Plantation in Virginia. We thought it was a scam, so I read as much information as I found about it. Although the reviews were not good, we decided to give it a shot since it was close to our hometown, if anything, we could just go back home. Turned out to be a great experience! The hotel was beautiful, clean, spacious and the staff very friendly. We were mesmerized!

Next morning we went for the timeshare presentation - the whole purpose of the getaway giveaway. We were worried that the designated people would be pushy and would make the whole experience a nightmare. But on the contrary, we were very satisfied with that. The saleswoman Jennifer, her director Ira and her manager David were fun, friendly and polite. After negotiating for a while - and please do not be afraid to bargain - my husband and I disagreed on this being the right time to buy it. But if you plan to take a vacation regularly, I recommend these people. Thanks to Vacation Village Resorts and Williamsburg Plantation for providing us with such a great time!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I filled out a form in Pizza Hut a few weeks ago and heard back from these folks. They offered me a "vacation package" and hard-sold me on a timeshare tour. I was told that I had to make a decision immediately and that I could call back later and cancel once I spoke to my husband, if need be. When I called back to cancel an hour later, I was forwarded to a woman named "Ronnie" in management that claimed to have worked for Marriott for and then was in this company for "17 years". A last name was not provided. She spoke at me for a solid 10 minutes about how I would have a fabulous time at their Massanutten Resort location and that it would be great and I'd be treated like royalty. These folks aren't BBB certified and gave me the response that they "had been certified 5 years ago, but our company is so big that they wanted to charge us too much to be on there. And you get nothing from it anyway."

I let her finish her script and asked if she could please cancel the reservation so someone else could have it. She told me that she couldn't do that because "you waste a vacation" and she couldn't give it to someone else, despite them having not sent any of the "paperwork" over to the resort. At first, Ronnie tried to find a solution, which I appreciated, but my husband put his foot down that he was not comfortable with the manner in which these folks contacted me, the processes, the lack of verifiable information, or the excuses about their card system.

Ronnie did not like that and got upset with me. She told me that I was wasting her time and a vacation and that she would be refunding me and then she thought she hung up. She muted me but left the line on... where she proceeded to start speaking poorly of me until I said, "Ma'am, I didn't receive a confirmation number and I can hear you". She then hung up on me officially. I'm currently in contact with my credit card company to verify that the transaction is being handled but I would firmly recommend staying AWAY from this firm. It's just a scam. If you're really interested in a timeshare, you find an agent for that - they don't come to you with some too-good-to-be-true deal.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I received a call from a company that said I won a $200 TGI Friday's gift card and a 3 day, 2 night vacation at the Williamsburg Plantations in Virginia because I filled out a form at TGIF's. The woman told me I could take the gift card and the vacation if I did a quick tour of the resort on my own, but I would only have until the end of September to take the vacation. Or, I could take a $100 Visa gift card and I'd have an entire year to take the vacation days. I would just have to pay a $75 deposit and my husband and I would have to do a "quick 90 minute guided tour" and the deposit would be refunded on the gift card. The woman assured me it wasn't a sales pitch and they just wanted to make sure we knew everything about the resort because they rely on word of mouth for advertising. What could go wrong???

Everything. We checked in for our tour a few minutes early and were told to have a seat and help ourselves to some stale coffee. A few minutes later a very nice woman named Brenda came in and introduced herself and explained that we were going to take a ride in her car and she was going to treat us to lunch before our tour. This was at 1pm. She took us to a restaurant and had us look through a photo album of trips her and her honey have taken since they got a timeshare.

We went into the restaurant where she presented the young man at the door with a piece of paper and led us into an area where a buffet was set up. We helped ourselves to some pretty decent food and sat down with Brenda. She started with some "getting to know you better" questions and once we finished eating she starts asking about the last time we took a vacation and where we'd like to go in the next 5 and 10 years. She keeps enforcing that vacations aren't a luxury; they're a necessity. We finished eating and went back to her car. She tells us that she's supposed to take us back to the office for a presentation but she wants us to see one of the resorts first. "Shhh... Don't tell them we did it this way. I'm not supposed to show you yet." We tour one of the resorts and she takes us back to the office.

On several occasions she tells us "but if my boss asks, I didn't tell you that. Act surprised." We go to the resort office and she shows us an incredibly packed pool. She takes us upstairs and has us sit down. She starts going over some books and comparing the costs of hotels vs. the cost of a timeshare for a week. Brenda threw out some pretty ridiculous numbers saying that with inflation, a hotel in Virginia Beach will cost $1,200 in 3 years. Yeah right. Then she says her boss wants to talk to us but we have to make it seem like we're going to go look at the property. She says we can go to this little cubby hole to have a cigarette but she'd be right back. We go to the cubby and within a few minutes a man comes over and says something about the person who sold to him didn't smoke so he was going to join us.

Right away I notice that this man is at the pool "swimming with his family" but he's fully clothed and get this... he has fake tattoos on his forearms. I don't know everything, but I know I won't trust a grown man with fake tattoos. Random conversation ensues and he says "oh I'm just here to tell you about the cons." Yep, he's in on the sales pitch too. Then Brenda asks how much he got his timeshare for and he says $32,000. She tells him we'll get ours for much cheaper and in Orlando, and he seems agitated and walks away. Brenda says "when you meet my boss and he gives you a price, don't buy until I say 'oh wow' because that's going to be the best deal.

So she takes us back upstairs and goes to get her boss. Husband and I agreed at the beginning that we weren't buying anything because we're not in a position to do so. We also agree that fake tattoos guy was strategically placed. Brenda brings her boss Dave over. Dave seems nice at first. He tells us he can sell us the timeshare for like $28k with $3500 down and then whatever the monthly payments are.

We tell Dave that because of an expensive custody battle we can't afford that. So then he gives us the "oh wow" number. No money down, $285 a month. Nope, sorry Dave, can't do it. He then goes into explaining how he was in a custody battle in Massachusetts and he offered $550 a week in child support so he could get joint custody. And "if I can afford this after $550 a week in child support, anyone can afford it. And if you can afford to buy an Apple Watch (after seeing mine) I know you can afford it too. We make money available for what we want." Nope, sorry Dave, still can't do it. He gradually becomes more aggressive in his pitch and here comes another "oh wow" number that he's never offered anyone before. No money down, $185 a month. We tell him we CANNOT do it, so he begrudgingly asks Brenda for our slip so he can sign it off and we can get our prizes.

Brenda takes us back to the office, which is right by a crappy hotel, and leads us back into an office. (After saying 3 times that she wasn't going to meet her quota for the day because she sells every single day) A very nice woman tells us she's just there to do a survey. We tell her Brenda was great but Dave was aggressive and unfriendly. She asks the final number Dave gave us and we said it was $12,000-something. "Oh yeah, $12,998" But Dave had never offered it before??? Yeah, ok. "Well, what if I can offer it to you at this number?" and she writes $75 on the paper. No lady, we're still not doing this. So she says, "Okay, go ahead and go to the front desk and sign for your gifts and exit right here," and walks away.

We sign for our gifts - the 3 day, 2 night vacation and a Visa gift card with $175 on it. Now it's 4pm. That "90 minute tour" took 3 hours. So with traffic, we ended up wasting 6 hours total that day. I read the fine print on the vacation printout and here's what they don't tell you: from June thru September you can't use it during the weekend or on holidays. You have to select 3 sets of dates and mail the request in. They will choose what dates you can stay or they will suggest some other dates if the ones you ask for aren't available.

Once you establish when you're going, they'll call you to collect a $75 deposit that's refundable (by gift card) upon check in. It also says in the fine print that if a room isn't available at check in they will put you in a local hotel! So even if you've reserved a condo and you've paid the deposit, you might still end up in a local hotel. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS CRAP. If they call you and say you won, politely decline and ask to be on the DNC list. I wish I had done that. I probably won't even use the "free" vacation. These people need to be shut down.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was cold called and offered a weekend getaway for $99 and a sales tour. I wanted to check with my wife before committing and was told I had to make a deposit at that time but could cancel if need be and refunded the money. I attempted to cancel at a later date and was told on the phone there were no refunds. I asked for a manager and was told one would call me back. This never happened. I called back four weeks later and was told by a manager there would be no refunds on promotions. I explained that was not what I was told on the sales call and asked the manager to pull the call. I was told the sales calls aren't recorded, which I find hard to believe. Companies should not lie to earn a buck. It's $99 so not the end of the world, but it's a direct reflection of how I am sure people are treated when they fall victim to a company like this. I will never deal with their resorts again.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Currently my family is staying at this resort. After a long trip we had a late check in. Went to the room and while I was sleep I woke up itching. When I went to take a shower a bug fell off of me. "Bed Bug". Thankful we didn't unpack. Woke up and went and informed the front desk. Yes, my room was changed to another room a door down from the room we was in. I don't know if they know that bed bugs usually carry from room to room especially since the room is located right next to the one they move us into. The room still have an musty smell. It's horrible that they think it's ok for people to stay at this resort in rooms in this condition. I will never spend a dime here again. Services is far below what the services should be. I sent an email to corporate office and has yet to receive a response. DON'T STAY HERE. "STAY AWAY FROM THIS RESORT"!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: July 5, 2018

Vacation Village @ Weston - When you get invited for the first time through the MainLine division, they offer you to buy weeks. They already have other advanced programs but want to spend several thousands of dollars in what they call their in house department. They also state that they will no longer be selling deeds which is a lie because the timeshares are not becoming 25 year leases. Please be careful when purchasing through this company!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I talked to a lady named Keisha! We listened to all her info and when we tried to explain that we didn’t have the money right now, twice, because we just got back from vacation she got really rude and talked real fast and said she’d mark it on the paper or whatever she said. Couldn’t understand her because she was talking so fast and very very rude!

Original review: April 28, 2018

Hi, I have politely but sternly asked the persistent callers from Vacation Villas Florida to remove my name and contact details from their telephone list. I gave them the true reason that I am a full time career for my mother who is dying from inoperative 4th (final) stage uterine and cervical cancer having chemotherapy and radium treatments but they continue to call me on average every 6 days (sometimes from their different phone numbers). Has anyone got any advice about USA harassment? I don't want to change my mobile (cell phone) number as I locked into a long discount plan but I don't know if the FBI does anything unless it is a serious complaint like a homicide. I don't want to involve a lawyer as I'm not earning any money. What are the easiest/cheapest steps to stop them calling me from their different phones?

Original review: April 9, 2018

We received several calls from what was told to us “Williamsburg Plantation Owner services”, requesting that I and my husband come down to Williamsburg for an owners’ meeting. I specifically asked what this meeting was about and we were told that the meeting was an “INFORMATIVE MEETING” that would provide us with information on our weeks that we “CURRENTLY OWN”. This briefing was to informed us of all the great and wonderful things that are going on, and the changes that are happening at Williamsburg. How the units are being updated and how to manage our weeks. Then the representative told us that we need to provide a credit card so that we can put down a refundable $75 dollars. Plus just for attending will receive a $100 Visa gift card and a 3-day and 2-night stay to return to Williamsburg.

My husband specially stated that if this is a sales presentation we are not interested and the representative assured us this was not a sales presentation. He asked that question twice and twice we were told that it was not a sales presentation. (LIED). We arrived ten minutes early for our 1 pm appointment and was told to have a seat on the bench in front of the fireplace. My husband asked the representative, “Why do we have to sit down, we are not here for a sales pitch.” She assured him that he wasn’t again. Then Mr. **, came and got us and stated that he didn’t know what they were having for lunch but he will check it out. My husband again said that we were not here for a sales presentation nor were we there for a lunch. So, Mr. **, told us that we will have to wait for him to eat his lunch and he will sit there and eat it in front of us, WHAT GALL!

I told my husband that we were there for an owners’ meeting, not a sales presentation and no one said otherwise, Mr. **, or the representatives checking us in. This was a blatant bait and switch. Our appointment was at 1 pm and at ten minutes to 3 my husband informed Mr. **, that we had to leave and he purposely dragged his feet. I felt his attitude was very condescending and disrespectful. His descriptive explanation of what our ownership entails was not “ONLY IN MY HEAD”. He had the nerve to tell me that what we own is not worth anything. Basically the paper that it is written on is worthless and we really don’t own anything. Also, in the upcoming years, we will not have any trading power with the “RED” float weeks that we currently own. Since he feels that we don’t own any “RED” weeks. I guess we are paying management fees and taxes annually because we are cheerful givers.

After my husband informed him that we had to leave he stated that he is not moving any faster than what he is currently going. After we were subjected to his basketball stories and his military career and his short skit working for a known urgent care facility. His children in college. He could have used that time to inform us that this was indeed a “SALES PITCH”.

We told him that we did not agree to a sales pitch, we came here under the pretense that we attending a OWNERS’ MEETING!!! Then requested that we complete a form stating what he went over with us and what was the main reason that we take vacations. I annotated because we wanted to relax not that we wanted to leave a legacy for our children. Heck, our children are grown and own their own timeshares. Then requested that we sign his form stating that he went over that information with us and then he asked for our driver's license and without our consent, he ran our credit. We did not agree to allow anyone to run our credit, as my husband constantly informed Mr. **, that we were not buying anything. Then he left the table and came back with a sales proposal, WHAT!!! We did not ask for a SALES proposal, we wanted to know more about our current ownership.

We again expressed the fact that we were not interested in buying anything, we were here for an owner's informative meeting. His attitude was that of a contemptuous, arrogant individual that was full of hostility, and the fact that we did not want to play along made him more rancorous. That is when I left the table. We are grown adults and NO ONE has the right to talk to us in such a condescending manner as if we are children.

Both of us have retired from the US Army and with 22 years respectively. Our children are grown and college graduates as well. We are also, grandparents in our own rights. We were not there to be chastised by any means. I went seeking anyone that would reimburse my husband his downpayment and keep whatever gifts that they wanted to offer us. We don’t need nor care to have that. Then this pompous man had the audacity to argue with me down the elevator.

Once we reached the basement level of the elevator we were introduced to “P” who stated that he wanted to know how we were treated by Mr. **. Here we go again, we informed him that based on the telephone call that we received that we were under the impression that we were there for an owners’ meeting to discuss our current ownership. NOT to sit through a briefing. I told him that we wanted our $75-dollar deposit back and he could keep any and all of the gifts that we were supposed to be receiving as we felt that we were misled from the start of this deceptive journey. He stated that he could not give us back our deposit until he finishes his sales pitch. Rubbish!!!

Then Mr. ** told me to call owners services and they will provide me with any updates on what is happening at Williamsburg Plantation. I really did not have to come to this meeting for that. Then he asked again, what did we think this meeting was about. I again told him that we were to meet with owner services of Williamsburg Plantation and get updates on what was happening with current ownership.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Booked this as a timeshare thru an Rci owner so I spent a nice amount for a 2 bedroom even though they used points to get my room. Upon arrival check in was rather fast even though the lady went over to a supervisor to ask some questions. She came back telling me she was asking if my room was clean. I knew she was lying. Well to get your parking pass you have to go to guest services...aka where they try to hook you into signing up for a timeshare presentation. I handed over a deposit of $20 to secure a time slot in a rush to get back to my family because it was 16 hours in a car. Well we were assigned to room 8405 and b.

Twenty minutes later some other guests checked in above us and the noise and slamming doors and jumping and screaming was insane. I tried to call the front desk and they were unreachable. I tried at least 20 times and nothing. So I got in my car and drove to the main desk. I was informed the front desk button doesn't work and instead dial 0 and that the resort does not enforce rules until after 10pm. So basically it’s a free for all. I spoke with a manager and she was nice and understood and offered to put us on a higher floor facing the pool. Thankfully that solved that issue.

But this hotel has paper thin walls and no one to enforce rules. Next no onsite restaurants so you are forced to leave for everything. Then rules...no one follows any rules. Not the workers, they smoke on the balconies, make calls and if you ask me hardly work. The pool was super crowded at building 8/9. And then you see them walk some scary individuals through the resort for their timeshare presentations. Literally makes you wonder where they find these people.

So now to the pool. Imagine a crowded pool and multiple footballs being tossed at once. I suffer from severe arthritis and hurt my neck dodging them only to have one hit my aunt and then get into a altercation as a result of the resort not being proactive. But here is the kicker. We had pool attendant call for security and she couldn't get thru so a driver came and then a maintenance director. Then all late 2 female security guards. Once again nothing could be done. What a crappy resort. Who allows guests to be harassed by other guests. They do.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I felt like my family was tricked into buying shares with these people. After I got back from Orlando my family thought it over and decided to cancel within 12 days and was told we could not get a refund... This is so wrong and a total rip off. Will definitely not recommend anyone to get involved with these people. They push you to sign up and down make you get all excited but at the end of the day there's no real benefits for you. Wanna know how to get back our refund. Anyone???

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

October 30, 2017 we went to Vacation Village Resorts close to Disney World. What a horrible and terrifying experience. We ended up filing a complaint with security who rescued us from an out of control van driver. First we went to breakfast and the salesman was excellent. Told him I am bankruptcy attorney and in my opinion timeshares are not an investment. Told him not interested. He handled it well. We went back to office and he turned me over to his supervisor who tried hardcore sales with us. Told them both not interested. Turned me over to a third person who was rude and loud when I told him not buying timeshares. He literally screamed at me to leave his office. We went outside for the van to take us back.

I misunderstood the driver and thought she told us to wait for another van. When I asked one of the employees if I was waiting in the correct place the van driver screamed at us and cussed me out. She then opened her van door and charged at us. She said she was going to kick my ass. I would have been physically attacked except for the fact that a third person employee stepped in and backed her down. Security drove us back to reception center and took a report. Security said not the first time she has had complaints and has no idea why she still is employed. What a totally disgusting day and what a totally disgusting organization. I am a fragile sixty seven year old man and I was not only terrified but humiliated that I had to be protected from harm in front of my girlfriend.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

So, same story as most we put the deposit down etc and go to the presentation. We arrive 5 minutes early and are made to wait 20 minutes before someone comes out to “present”. He leads us to his car, it’s beat up, cracked windshield and when he opens the door it smells like a full on open bag of weed. But it’s cool, he’s young and people smoke, so we ride to the resort after a tour through town where he yells at people driving. Still ok, because I do that too. We get to the resort and are led to a room filled with people being swindled out of their money. He sits us down and begins going through his spiel. Don’t get me wrong, the kid is good, but the numbers don’t add up. They start off with the anytime price, what these condos “sell for” on any regular day. Comes out to about 47K btw after interest. Then he shows us the special price if we buy today, lower price, deposit and monthly payments.

Deal looks better on paper but if you do the math (there’s a no phone policy, so they’re not happy with you using your calculator) the special price comes out to the same exact price! We emphatically tell them we’re not buying today so my man gets his manager. The manager drops the price to 15k, lowers the down payment and monthly payments but get this... with interest it’s still the same price! Finally we make them understand we’re not gonna buy so we drive back to the office that’s at the econo lodge (yes, seriously). We go to the back to collect our “prizes” where we are greeted by a lovely young lady who tells us she is just taking a survey. But by the end of the survey guess what?! She has lowered the price again to 5K. We told her it ain’t gonna happen and we collected our gifts and left.

You get your deposit back on a gift card that can’t be used for cash or cash back and the free trips they give you have to be requested via postal mail 45 days in advance and you have to put a deposit down for those too. The whole thing is the biggest scam ever. I will say that the salesman we had was really good at his job but any intelligent person should see this for what it is. A huge scam! Oh and it takes 3 hrs, not 90 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ATTENTION. If you are paying a timeshare because you don't want your credit score to be affect. Read my real story with this company from hell. I have a similar expired like other people with this resort or company from hell, Vacation Village Resort Kissimmee FL. They just want to empty your bank account. But I discover that they are not register with BBB so they can't report your account to BBB. Your credit will be not be affect by this resort from hell. I stop paying my timeshare a year ago and my credit it better. They will sent you a lot of letter and email but nothing else gonna happen. You don't need to pay a lawyer to cancel your timeshare. They can't take you to court because the contract have so many illegal term. Those timeshare are a fraud.

I call them telling them I know the truth with BBB and they can't mess with my credit. A lady told me it's true. So I stop paying my timeshare. My score credit it still good after a year. The owner of this other resort and other resort it from or are in Italy. Lawyer will ask you for thousands of money and tell you that you don't need to go to court because the truth is they really don't need to go to court. It a illegal contract. They will send you a lot of documents saying they cancel your timeshare. It's another business between resort and lawyers. Other lawyer don't take those case because it is illegal. Check online BBB website. You will see the truth and you can't call them for more info. Even with the state of Florida some of the sale person don't have a realtor state license. Look for your self and will find the truth. Good luck.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Almost over a year ago there was a quiz on the radio to guess a name of a country that doesn't have the letter A. So I called and yayyy won a prize. Free vacation, not one but two free 3-4 days stay in a resort. One in Orlando FL and the other one In Vegas. So they took all my information and told me there's fee I have to pay and it's around $350. And they got me in the moment being all excited and stupid I gave them my card number and they took the money from me. I'm sure it's a scam, the question is how do I get my money back?? Anyone had similar experience with Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

While staying at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas We were enticed to visit Vacation Village Grandview Resort. We were required to put down $50 in cash. We were told that if we took the tour we would receive $70 in cash, $200 in gambling credit, $200 in food coupons and a voucher for 2 days and 3 nights in their resort. We went on the tour and after 3 hours of trying to hard sell us a timeshare we insisted on leaving and would like the incentives we were promised. They finally agreed to let us go but not before we had to stop at 3 more stations to be offered other timeshare deals, each less costly and comprehensive than the previous offer.

After another hour of "checking out" we received the incentives as promised, or so we thought. The food vouchers worked as expected, but the gambling vouchers were a joke. The vouchers were only good at the Casino Royale on 8 slot machines clearly marked "Promotion Only". There was a big sign above them that said you could win $5000, but there was no way to actually win it. There was no way to cash out your winnings. The only option was to keep pressing the spin button until your balance was zero. Actually we walked away with $60 credit left on the machine.

We haven't tried to use the vacation vouchers yet but the fine print mentions black-out periods and minimum night stays. I am not sure how this will work, but I don't have high hopes. Also we found that if you purchased a timeshare they would immediately provide you a limo ride directly back to your hotel. If you didn't purchase they had a run down shuttle bus that runs ever 30 minutes or so and stops at each hotel that the current passengers are staying. We were the 3rd hotel on the strip and it took nearly 45 minutes to get back.

So if you like hard sells techniques, lackluster incentives and have 4-5 hrs to waste while on vacation then this is a deal for you. How can you trust these guys enough to buy a very expensive timeshare that has uncapped annual maintenance fees and additional fees to trade your weeks for other resorts when they are so dishonest during the initial meeting. I now understand why so many people want out of their timeshares.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

LIES, LIES AND MORE LIES. The 2 people we dealt with were completely unprofessional (Marian and some guy). We decided this wasn't for us. They kept telling us what we wanted to hear. After speaking to a manager, nothing they said was accurate or right. Marian promised to give us a ride back to our hotel. Instead she left us!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I received a letter from this company, stating that I had won a prize from a drawing at the Chesapeake Jubilee, but they were unable to contact me by phone, so I needed to call them by October 10, 2017 to claim my prize. So I called & I was asked for my name, city that I lived in & my telephone number. I gave them my name & city that I live, but did not give my phone number because I told them that they should already know my phone number if they have been calling me already (as stated in the letter that they sent me). The lady was quick to respond saying we just want to make sure that we have the correct # on file, because we have not been able to reach you, that’s why we sent you a letter. I told her, no it is the correct #, I just haven’t been answering because I didn’t know the number that was calling.

I did not want to give them my # so that they could bother me for the rest of my life, because I don’t even believe that they had my # in the first place b/c I don’t give my number out! So she proceeded with her sales pitch on how I won this COMPLETELY FREE VACATION to one of their amazing resorts (obviously she doesn’t know the definition of amazing) in Virginia. I asked her “what is the gimmick”? She said, “well if you want to call it a gimmick, it’s not. It is for advertising purposes. We want to get our name out, so if we give you a free vacation to one of our “amazing“ resorts & take care of all of your expenses for you & your family to have a great time - on us. Then you will hopefully return to one of our resorts, as a paying customer one day & bring your friends/family too!” So I again asked, "& this vacation is FREE OF CHARGE TO ME?"

To which she answered, "YES, WE EVEN GIVE YOU A VISA GIFT CARD FOR UP TO $250 DEPENDING ON WHAT DAY OF THE WEEK/WEEKEND YOU COME!” She then proceeded to tell me about the other properties that they had throughout the country & had me go on their website www.vacationvillageresorts.com to look at all of the properties that they owned. So I told her that I was actually looking to book a trip to Disney World for me & my daughter to go in November. She got really excited & starting saying that she would throw in a “bonus “ for two days & two nights at their resort in Orlando for me. But I couldn’t use it for at least 45 days, because they had so many bookings. That sounded a bit weird, so I asked again “THIS IS ALL FREE OF CHARGE TO ME?”

She said, "YES! We just ask that you take a quick tour of the property, so that we can show you all of the things that our property has to offer, at most it will take 90 minutes. You will not be asked or pressured to buy anything during your visit. We just want you to see everything that we have to offer, so that you get the full experience!" I said, "Okay let’s go ahead & book my vacation to Massanutten then." This sounded awesome, I was getting two free vacations & all I had to do was tour the property when I got there for no longer than 1 &1/2 hours - sweet sign me up!! Right! Wrong! She then proceeded to tell me that I had to put down a $75.00 deposit to hold my room, because their resorts are in such high demand, they can’t afford to hold a room for free & then you not show up. But I will get my $75.00 deposit back via the visa gift card, they will add it to my visa gift card, which I can use for gas, groceries,... or whatever I want.

This is where I knew that this was way too good to be true, because it wasn’t making sense anymore! So I googled Vacation Village Resorts reviews, while she was still babbling on & I came across Consumer Affairs & started reading all of the reviews stating how horrible this business is & how they were crooks & just downright rude & liars. To top it off they are not even an accredited business! I told the lady on the phone - "You know what - NEVERMIND! I don’t want your free vacation, you guys are not even an accredited business & the reviews on your business are absolutely terrifying!" She became very defensive & asked me where I was getting my information from & how they have been in business for 30 plus years.

I said, "It looks like you guys have been in business 30 plus years & straight ripping people off! Thanks for wasting my time." & she abruptly got off the phone with me!!! Thank god, I didn’t give them my phone #, because I know they never had it in the first place & they would probably blow my phone up for the rest of my life, had I given them my phone number. So PLEASE read all or some of the reviews about this business, before giving them any of your hard earned money, because they are very misleading & will take everything that they can get from you without hesitation! They are complete scumbags!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I will like to report the for their fraudulent advertising. They are crooks. They make everything sounds sweet but in reality they just steal. My fiancee and I are now trapped and stuck in their lies. After detaining us for five hours before giving us our tickets for our cruise trip we had paid for, we was pressured into buying a timeshare. We are basically not qualified and now are struggling to make the monthly plan and they are not willing to help us. It was all sweet talk for us to sign our life's to the devil. The sales man at one point told us to exaggerate on our income and as well as our expenses as "they don't really look at that". They claim we had 10 days to cancel but it was never verbally discussed to us and all the paperwork we signed was all rushed into as we were eagerly trying to leave to make it in time for our cruise departure.

The salesman after sealing the deal advised us to leave the documents in the truck of rental truck as we departed for our one week vacation for "security purpose" and not to discuss any of our transactions and process with anyone who was part of the timeshare presentation that day. How were we going to be able to read through their lies if we did not have the documents? We came back home from vacation and read through their scam we tried multiple times to contact them including the loan officer but no luck. Once we got in touch with them after a couple days they said we have passed our ten days cancellation window and there's nothing they can do. That is not how you do business. We cannot afford this and we feel like our consumer rights have been violated.

The sales person name Miguel, used racial slur the whole time, harassed me, bribed me, flirted with me the entire time. We were racial profiled. How professional is that. All that just to get a sale. At one point even had his hands on me which I was pissed about. He was smoking around us the whole tour. At this point if the resort does not do anything about this situation we are already talking to lawyers, because why would we want to be in business to a company that is so deceitful and scams and unprofessional. Big time scammers, racists, harassments, frauds. Don't do business with them, it's all lies. This business needs to be shut down to protect consumers, especially if in America there is a consumer right laws that is totally thrown out the window at this company. This company should be out of business for all the laws they breaking with their deceitful lies. There should be a lawsuit against them and I would be more than happy to put my name there.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We were offered a cruise package, and it included a "presentation." I read the reviews and got prepared. I would generally avoid naming people, but Catherine, Peter and their staff made it my worst day and worst holiday experience. Even after clearly telling them that I am not interested in timeshare, and reassurance that Florida laws protected prospective buyers, they could not take NO for an answer. I was forced to go along breakfast, even after clearly telling no thanks. Then came the condo visit; and after repeatedly telling them to let me go, and close the session - and give me my entitled cruise package (I had paid a hefty $1000 - for it); I was still held for 5 hrs, 8:30am to 1:30pm against my will.

Repeated refusals did go into their heads - came offer#1 $28,000 (plus other costs + annual maintenance costs $840/-), and then offer#2 (today's special $21000 + costs), offer#3: $15000+costs (something like that, you get the idea), and then foreclosure offer ($9000) and yet another bottom most foreclosure ($5700). Being held against my will, and making my family stay for over 5hrs was nerve cracking. These people do not know how to behave. I completely support all the other posts on this "resort." And the resort we visited was dud! Little said the better - again in support of other comments here.

Original review: July 26, 2017

When I was young and naive I consigned a timeshare with, my at the time, boyfriend. Years later after some complications, I signed a quit claim deed to get my name off the thing... Never heard from them again till recently. The yearly maintenance fees are apparently too much to handle for my ex... I sent them proof of quit claim deed and also I've filed for bankruptcy between the quit claim deed and present. They will not stop sending me letters. Threatening to ruin my credit over a property I signed off on 15 years ago. I don't know what to do, or how to get them to stop harassing me. Who has money for a lawyer? I have children to feed. Absolutely terrible business ethic. Can't find the original owner to pay fees, so you start harassing the ex-consigner. Wtf!?

Original review: July 22, 2017

I took up an off for a week at Silver Lake Resort in Florida and also 2 days at the Weston in Fort Lauderdale. This offer included a 6 day car rental plus a 3 day cruise out of Miami. On arrival at the airport in Orlando I was told I needed all this extra car insurance as the laws in Florida are different so that cost me. We then were told we could select any car from those parked in the area we went to, which we did.

We had a great time in Silver Lake in a lovely apartment and I went to the timeshare appointment but as I explained, I have WorldMark by Wyndham South Pacific so felt I didn't need the offer of timeshare as I can always stay at Silver Lake through RCI. We then went to the Weston at Fort Lauderdale and the small apartment was very ordinary but I went to the 'talk' and again explained that I would not take up any offer they had for the same reason. He insisted I be driven around the resort so he could show me how lovely it was. I then explained I didn’t particularly like it and would not take up the offer. I was asked to wait each time and a supervisor would come back with another “offer". It got to the point that, after 4 hours I was nearly in tears - it ruined the one lousy day we had to even experience Fort Lauderdale and it was only when I started to lose my temper that they would let me leave.

We then went to Miami - I was able to access my bill for the hire car and found that the supposed 1 day extension of the car had cost me several hundred dollars. No-one answered any phone contact I had. The ship booking, that had been made some 6-9 months earlier was an inside booking and we had been given a cabin with bunk beds, hardly suitable for a couple - one in their 70's and one in their 60's.

This all occurred in about 2012 I think. Since that time I have had about between 20-30 calls for Vacation Villa Resorts Florida either asking me that I still had a booking to be used, or seeing if I want to purchase another. I have explain; screamed; yelled at; pointed out; asked for a supervisor and pretty much every other way of saying PLEASE GET ME OFF THE BOOKS - I DON"T NEED OR WANT ANOTHER PHONE CALL - but still they keep coming including last weekend at 6.30 in the morning on my day off and again today, Saturday, when I am trying to run a busy pediatric surgery ON MY MOBILE PHONE.

I have had enough. This company is an absolute disgrace. I wish I had never taken up the offer in the first place (which, by the way, was not cheap being in USD for an Australian). I could have purchased all the accommodation through RCI and the cruise through normal channels for less... so, this is what I think and hopefully through this forum they will never ring me again.

Original review: July 20, 2017

We booked with Always Travel With Us, we did not know about the presentation, we were told that it would take 90 minutes of our time and at the end receive are two other vacations and a gift card. It wound up taking 5 hours to complete at which we did not buy a Timeshare. The person showing us was very nice and answered all our questions and was not mad at all that we were not interested. He did take us to a nice restaurant and we ate a nice meal for breakfast. He was not pushy and talk to us during our time. Then a lady came over who was a manager and she talked to us about prices for timeshares and how much we could save if we bought one. Now we told her we were not interested. She tried a couple more times but then got it and moved on.

Then a man came over and talk to us a bit about it and we told him we were not interested and he told us to go ahead and get checked out. Then our first guy took us over to the last room. Stamp the paper and we sat down at the table and another lady came to the table and tried one last time to get us to buy a Timeshare and then we told her we were not interested and moved on to a desk where we checked out. Got our vouchers and our gift card and then left but overall took a lot longer than what they said. And just wish we were informed about the timeshare in the first place.

Original review: July 5, 2017

This was the worst experience ever at a resort. It was my grandkid birthday and she wanted to spend at Disney. So we plan it with this online offer from JD Marketing for Vacation Village in Orlando, FL. The first room had bed bugs the was biting the family. Then they moved to the next room that had so many flies they died on top of her cake and everything plus everywhere. The night manager Ken ** told us he didn't put them there after he had sent us to the third room which the maintenance man couldn't even open the door and when he did the room was filthy dirty. I got very upset and called him a BSer and told him I truly understand he didn't put them there however they are responsible to get them exterminated.

He explained he was man and should not talk to him that way. I explained I'm a guest and I shouldn't have to move to 4 rooms before we get a good one. I felt we should be compensated. We have pictures and maintenance witness but he said that is not enough. They have to do their investigation that would take about a week and laugh us off. At that time I asked for his manager. He said he was where the buck stops and there was no one over him. I could tell I found someone not too scared to tell me he wasn't the boss and he did have a manager coming in the morning.

Next day I called 5 times to speak to Mr. Allen ** but to no avail, so I went back to office to overhear one person say Mr. Allen ** is on the property at one of the units. Afsheen ** asked how could she help but Mr. Allen was not on the property. She told us there was nothing she could do to help us until their investigation was done in a week. We had to show her the flies which we had pictures and show her the cake that was spoiled by flies. I told her go to building 3 the second building and look in the garbage since the pictures wasn't enough. This was the worst vacation ever. Customer service SUCKS or should I say MANAGEMENT. There were more guest moving because of the same problem.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I went to Vacation Resort Villas Las Vegas to cancel my purchase of a timeshare. They cut my price down from 12k to 5k for 1 week 1 bedroom. The process took less than an hour and they were very professional. I now have to wait 20 days for my deposit back. Timeshares may work for some but my concern is availability to exchange points and not being able to go where I want to go. I thought it would be helpful for people to know that you have a 5 day window cancellation time. So if you change your mind after you do your research you should send in or go in to cancel within that 5 days. The process was not difficult.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Resort sales personnel lied to my wife and I through the entire process. The major selling point was free golf for the life of the agreement. This was the first of many hollow promises. Within 1-2 years the owner sold the golf course. Mention of interest rates was cloaked in secrecy. Next items to lie about were promises of a monthly payment which was agreed on at a set price satisfactory to this buyer and a set date at the end of the month.

Magically, at closing, all agreed upon paperwork had disappeared and the amounts were at the original amounts before negotiation. Oh, and the promised date was converted by the scumbag financial institution they deal with. Imprisonment is what these people need. They are some of the biggest crooks on the planet with no regulation group to control them. If you enjoy being ripped off, these are the people for you. Based on the reviews I read, this is standard practice. Can't wait for judgment day. That higher authority is the one who will deal with them.

Original review: June 18, 2017

Booked the 2 day Bahamas Cruise, paid to upgrade the cabin. Throughout the entire booking and upgrading process, nobody once mentioned having to attend a timeshare presentation, especially since we already bought a timeshare less than a month prior. When we checked in to the "Welcome Center", they herd you in and tell you what time you need to be there and where to go, all of them about as friendly as mouth cancer. I told them I had not been told about any presentation and they very matter of factly and somewhat rudely that the presentation was part of the cruise and that we had to attend "a 90 minute presentation and tour in order to receive the cruise voucher." Ok, fine.

Next morning, we drive 30 minutes to the Vacation Village of Weston. We check in and sit around for a little bit, then our representative Sami comes out and welcomes us and offers us something to eat or drink, which we declined because we already had breakfast. We then sit through the rah-rah happy presentation where everyone says their names and the typical video and math showing that over the next 20 years, you're going to spend $42,000 on hotels, so just give us your $42,000 and we will let you stay here every now and then.

After the hour long love fest, we (my fiancé and I) explain to Sami that we didn't even realize that we had to sit through a presentation and that we had just bought one and weren't in the market. At first, he seemed understanding and said "Ok, then we will just take the tour and we will get you out of here quick", which sounded great. He then brings us into a crowded room of tiny tables with people crammed in like sardines all talking over each other. He starts asking a bunch of questions about our vacationing and about our timeshare that we owned. As the questions progressed, he started getting very condescending and flippant with my fiancé. He told her that we weren't going to get what we thought we were going to get and at one point, very sarcastically asked her, "Do you even know what you bought?" By that point we were done with this jerk, so we looked at our watches and said, "Well, 5 more minutes and we can go."

Sami asked what we meant and we told him that we were told we had to sit through a 90 minute presentation to get the voucher and he had 5 more minutes. He said, "Yeah, that's not happening. It's at least a 2 hour presentation and it just started when we sat down." We told him that's not how that works, that we were told 90 minutes and it's been 90 minutes. Then, this greasy looking scumbag actually looks at my fiancé and says "Don't get pissy with me!! You can leave if you want." We demanded the vouchers and he continued to refuse. We demanded to speak with someone immediately. He takes us outside in the heat and says "Stay here, let me see what they are going to do with you."

We are left standing there for about 15 minutes, then they call us in to an office with a short little lady that looked like a Hispanic Rhea Perlman. She never introduced herself, not a name, not who she was, not nothing. She just said "What's going on?" We, at this point are outraged and angry, so we tell her what we were told when we checked in and that we wanted our vouchers because we fulfilled our part of the bargain. She said "No, they told you wrong. The presentation is at least 2 hours and you have to take the tour. You have been standing out there wasting time, so it's going to take longer." I then inform her about the things Sami said to us and how he acted. She got up and walked over back into the building. Now we thought we were getting somewhere.

We go back in and Sami walks back up to us and say that if we want, we can get another sales member to give us the tour or he can continue. He never apologized for being a petulant, disrespectful man baby, he just gave us that choice. We again told him that we wanted our vouchers, because at this point, we weren't leaving without our vouchers. Again, we were told we had to go on the tour and be shown prices to get the vouchers. I then call the Weston Police Station and ask for a deputy to be dispatched because they were holding us against our will and not giving us what we were told we would get for our time, knowing full well that there probably wasn't anything the deputy would be able to do. Then Sami, Hispanic Rhea Perlman, and another lady came running out of the door. The third lady just asked if I would just go up to the unit and look at it and come back, we could have our vouchers. I said, "Fine."

A very pleasant gentleman came and took us up to his car and drove us to the unit, which we walked into and promptly out of, which by the way was a dump compared to our vacation condo. We came back to the office, then had to sit around for another 30 minutes, then a "manager" came out and actually had the guts to ask me if I had any interest in purchasing, to which I said, "Are you kidding me?" He offered me the last ditch lowest price to which I just stared at him. We were then brought in to actually get the vouchers. Not so fast...

We had to sit with yet another manager, who asked us why we chose not to purchase. I then recounted the series of events, he had a blank stare with nothing to say. I told him that maybe if you want someone to buy something from you, maybe talking down and telling someone not to get pissy with you is probably not the way to go about it. He told me Sami would be suspended for 3 days (highly doubt that) and that he was very sorry. We then got in the line of angry people who were trying to get out with their vouchers and get out of that dump, so I made it a point to very loudly tell them about how we were treated while listening to the other horror stories from the others.

Not long after that, they started hurrying up and finally, after four long hours, Hispanic Rhea Perlman gave us our vouchers, and now we can go on our cruise. I will caution anyone that has to go to this presentation or any from Vacation Village, it's not worth it, or as I told the last "manager" I spoke to, "You could write $0 on your piece of paper and I would still tell you to shove it up your **."

Original review: June 13, 2017

Horrible experience! Scam! I did a tour in Fort Lauderdale for a "free vacation in Orlando." This free vacation consisted of 2 nights in a hotel and 2 adult theme park tickets. I drove 11 hours from Virginia and was told at arrival the "free vacation in Orlando was to get me here...another tour must be done to stay for free and get the theme park tickets." The staff were extremely rude and spoke to each other in an unknown language. It was obvious they were talking about me. There is ZERO communication between the Welcome Center at Park Inn and where the tour must be done.

Long story short, I spent half a day traveling back and forth between the Welcome Center and Idiotville. My time was wasted and now I have to make a return visit just to use the not so free theme park tickets. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! Side note, the hotel, Park Inn, was wonderful! The staff very were friendly and I was given 2 free alcoholic drink vouchers because I had "to deal with the Welcome Center." The nice man at the counter stated "they get numerous complaints about them daily." IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!

Original review: May 11, 2017

I was totally lied to when I bought my new Time Share in March 2017. I own a timeshare in Massanutten which is a week's timeshare. Vacation Village salesmen told me that by buying their time share located in "Palm Beach Shores" that my existing time share would be converted into points and that it would also give me the concierge Service. The timeshare points from the Massanutten property could be used for flights and rental cars and hotel stays.

Well here we are in May and I received my new RCI account and I called RCI to make sure everything was converted and the RCI rep, said "OH NO you can not do this." That I would misinformed. Now what do I do. I did not need another timeshare, but I wanted the benefit of the concierge Service and the benefit of using the points differently. Can anyone help me with?

Original review: May 8, 2017

We were given a 3 day pass to the plantations in Virginia, part of the 3 day pass was a tour. Well the tour took most of the day and then we were placed in a room. A gentleman came over and started talking about purchasing a week vacation at this amazing price. We said, "No thank you, not interested." Then he laid out all these great, plans that there is no hassle to exchange, and we will give you a great week. Well our great week was the 4th week of the year. Not when you live in PA and you want somewhere warm that time of year. Then it is a bi-annual timeshare so we can only go every other year unless we bank a week. We have been trying to get out of this timeshare. They take payments out of checking every month but we can't use it because the maintenance fees are outrageous. We fell behind because of medical issues. I asked if I could pay a little at a time. They told me that if I sent then $25 they would send it back.

Really not happy about this. We are paying for something we will never be able to use. I feel like I was scammed. So many hidden fees. We were blindsided. And all they keep saying is, "You signed the agreement." Whatever you do if invited to the meetings. Say, "No thank you not interested." I would love to be part of the lawsuit, just for the sole purpose that we were taken advantage of and to get rid of this timeshare.

Vacation Village Resorts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vacation Village Resorts is a timeshare company that offers timeshare properties at more than 50 resorts. The company was founded in 1975 by James E. Lambert, and they have nearly 500,000 owners across the world.

• Community Minded: The company not only sells timeshares, but also gives back to the community, supporting the Broward Children's Center, which is a local charity that helps infants, children, and young adults with health challenges.

• Vacation Flexibility: Vacation Village Resorts has partnered with RCI and Interval International to offer a wide range of vacation property options for timeshare owners.

• ARDA Members: The company has been a member of the American Resort Development Association since the '80s, proving its reputation as a leader in the field.

• Affinity Rewards: Vacation Village Resorts has a great incentive program that is offered to its customers. The programs gives customers rewards for their loyalty and business.

• Referral Program: Vacation Village Resorts pays people who refer friends and family members to the company.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
    2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
    Ft. Lauderdale