2. Travel

Weston, FL

1.1/5 (89 ratings)

About Vacation Village Resorts

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

We were told that only maintenance fees and loan for the points that we are going to pay, it turns out that we have another annual membership fee of over $200, that they never mention, I called them and told them I can no longer afford to pay and was told that I can't just cancel them, I still have to pay my loan. Why they have to lie to people.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I just visited Las Vegas and was approached by someone in the car rental building for freebies; all I had to do was attend a presentation, so I went. Please be aware that these people will tell you that you can get a timeshare and rent it out to pay for it. False and illegal! There is no special discount for you being in the military or school. They come up with a magical down payment for the timeshare (really to see how much money they can pull out of you right at that moment). All I know is something just did not feel right with signing up....honestly they make it sound good with the vacation deals. When you get that feeling to follow your first mind, do just that. I was able to cancel before I left Vegas and got my money back!

They were extra friendly when they were taking my money; but when I decided to cancel, the vibe became very snotty! Guess they got mad that I read the contract. You only have five days to cancel with no obligation and they are banking on you to completely forget about that while you are partying in Vegas and by time you get home....you are already locked in to these blood suckers....please run!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I was approached and told that being military I got a special deal, that it's real estate and the value will go up, I can rent it and pass it on to friends and family. I didn't know I can't sell it, and there were added fees and I didn't get as much time as they said I would get. It's nearly impossible to get out of this. I didn't get any deal or special from being military.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Vacation Village has lied to us from the start. We originally visited their Las Vegas location as part of a discount vacation package that required us to attend a sales presentation. At this presentation, we were told that this was a piece of real estate that we could rent out and that would increase in value, especially since we were told that they were building a new football stadium down the street.

When we visited the location in Orlando, we were told that we needed to attend another presentation, where we share the issues that we had been having since our first purchase. They convinced us that the only way to fix our booking problems was to upgrade. Eventually, we gave into their high pressure and continuous demands and agreed to upgrade. However, this has not solved any of our problems! We cannot book, we cannot use our points for cruises like we were led to believe and feel that we are paying for nothing! To make it worse, there are additional fees associated with everything!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I wish I could put 0 stars but this was not an option. When we first received the call for a free vacation, we felt that there was nothing to lose. We ended up in an endless sales presentation, having to listen to the employee’s sob story, that we believe she used as a means to sell us a timeshare that we were not interested in purchasing. We have never been able to use this purchase, even after we went back and spoke with someone that told us that the next purchase would correct all of our problems. We feel that this was forced upon us and urge anyone to be very careful about doing business with this company, their product does not work.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Went to the meeting. They started with a 28,000 Timeshare total value with a down payment of 4,000 with a monthly payment of 500. I kept saying I'm not interested and they ended up offering a 4k value, 60 dollars monthly payment and a down payment of 300 and they told me that I'm paying 4k for a timeshare value of 28,000. It smelled fishy at that moment and I ran. Why lower the cost by 85%? What's the profit margin? Please avoid or just go for the complimentary gift card and hotel stay. Estimated time 3 hours.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Do not trust this company, as a healthcare worker that can not travel due to the Circumstances of the world that’s going through COVID-19 right now they still will not refund my $299.00 fee that I paid for a vacation resort stay. After explaining the conditions that I have through my work and as my field of work they said it was out of their hands that I had to have canceled 30 days from when I booked the travel which was April when COVID-19 originally started and no one predicted how it was going to pan out. Now that I still can’t travel they say it’s too late for me to get a refund and won’t work with the situation and time we as a society and world are going through.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Me and my bf went to their presentation in Las Vegas this past weekend we were told it was a 90 min thing we were there for over 4hrs. Our sales person was very racist and talked about politics way too much. He sold us on the thought of using it for business purposes and making money off of it, by the time we spoke to the loan advisor she informed us that is illegal so we backed out. We were given a refund and 4 attraction passes. We were unable to use the attraction passes because we were leaving town too soon so we were told we could come in and get a $100 visa gift card in exchange. Upon arrival to do the exchange the person we dealt with was very rude and we only got $80 which again was another thing they switched up on. This business is very poorly ran they try to sell you on one thing but then it’s all switched up by the end of the process.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

This is the worst timeshare organization I've ever encountered. As a frequent traveler and owner of multiple timeshares... This is the work company I've ever dealt with. The resorts owned are ok. The organization is the worse!

Original review: July 21, 2020

I am currently an owner at the Colonies Resort through Vacation Village Resorts. My husband and I spent thousands of dollars to get a timeshare (which is paid off now). We have never been late on our taxes or maintenance fees. We were called by the Vacation Village Marketing Department and offered a free "re-opening" visit contingent upon we eat an 8:00 am breakfast while we listen to the updates they have done to another resort down the road from the Colonies called the Plantation Resort.

We were sold many lies and now we are required to attend another hostage holding meeting in the afternoon or we lose our deposit and their so called free gift card. We went to the Plantation resort and were told we had to go to the Colonies instead. We had to walk to the pool, even though the clerk told us we could call and "schedule "our pool one-hour reservation. Even though we were told it was completely open, and get this... the only "time" they had available was when our erroneously scheduled meeting was to occur.

Here are some of the lies we were told:
    Everything is open: pool, hot tub, rec center, computer lab, restaurants, etc.-- They were not open.
    You only have to eat breakfast and then you are excused. -- When we got here the clerk said they don't even have breakfast meetings.
    You have a bedroom for your children. -- We had to get another room because they only gave us a one room condo.
    The pool is open. -- Nothing is open.

You're staying at the Plantation Resort. -- Now you have to stay at the Colonies.

Do not waste your money or time with this place. Go to a hotel and stay or buy a camper. We are selling our timeshare because this place sucks!! They lie, take your money, make false promises, hold you hostage, and it's a crock of crap.

Vacation Village Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vacation Village Resorts is a timeshare company that offers timeshare properties at more than 50 resorts. The company was founded in 1975 by James E. Lambert, and they have nearly 500,000 owners across the world.

• Community Minded: The company not only sells timeshares, but also gives back to the community, supporting the Broward Children's Center, which is a local charity that helps infants, children, and young adults with health challenges.

• Vacation Flexibility: Vacation Village Resorts has partnered with RCI and Interval International to offer a wide range of vacation property options for timeshare owners.

• ARDA Members: The company has been a member of the American Resort Development Association since the '80s, proving its reputation as a leader in the field.

• Affinity Rewards: Vacation Village Resorts has a great incentive program that is offered to its customers. The programs gives customers rewards for their loyalty and business.

• Referral Program: Vacation Village Resorts pays people who refer friends and family members to the company.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
    2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
    Ft. Lauderdale