Weston, FL

1.1/5 (97 ratings)

About Vacation Village Resorts

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Vacation Village is running a high dollar scam, I’m not sure how it is legal or how they stay in business. My husband and I bought a timeshare in 2018 and found out that we were told nothing but falsehoods during the sale. We spent almost 8 hours in a presentation that was supposed to be an hour long. A credit card was opened in our names WITHOUT our consent. Sales staff did not inform us of our right to cancel or major financial details like the interest rate or that our debt was about twice the amount of the purchase price that was agreed upon. There was no mention of all the extra fees that are charged on top of the outrageous amount we already pay. For all this trouble, can we even take a vacation? No! Nothing is ever available. We are just throwing money down the drain with Vacation Village.

We are currently disputing the validity of our contract with Vacation Village and if we can’t come to an amicable solution, we will be filing a formal complaint with the Attorney General.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Don’t be another victim of the unfair and deceitful sales tactics of Vacation Village. They will lure you to attend their sales presentation with free gifts. Then they apply hours and hours of tremendous pressure on you to purchase their valueless timeshare with promises they have no intention of fulfilling. We lost count of the number of people they put in front of us to sell this timeshare to us. They created nothing but chaos and confusion until we were worn down and guilt-tripped into saying yes.

We were promised that the reservation system was simple and flexible. Simple and flexible to them is having to book upwards of a year in advance. Being in the military, I simply don’t have the luxury of knowing my schedule that far in advance, but who really does?? Also, when we tried to refinance the high-interest loan they gave us with banks to get a lower rate, that’s when we found out that what we were sold as an asset to our family, turned out to have no value at all. The vacations are expensive, the fees are never-ending, and the customer service is abysmal. Be smart, when they approach you to take one of their presentations, turn your back and WALK AWAY!.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

RCI and Vacation Village work together as scammers in a get rich scheme on unsuspecting victims to buy timeshares that are worthless, I lost 25 k in the scam since 2016 down in Weston FL at vacation village. They use high pressure tactics and make it sound good that you got a deal and own property when you don't, I have a worthless deed at Grandview in Vegas that after you pay the mortgage you pay annual fees and rci charges fees also, they take your points from you also if you don't use them even though you paid thousands for them they are not worth that much, you could use them only for the hotel stay not flights or rental etc.

They use illegal methods to get you to sign a contract. Many have been ripped off by these timeshare companies including Wynn in Vegas. Now I am losing 2000 to a firm just to end my timeshare with no legal recourse for a return of any of my money to rci and vacation village. It is criminal in nature since they use fraudulent means to get you suckered in.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

This company is BEYOND obnoxious! After receiving countless cold calls offering free vacations, I finally accepted one of their vacation offers because I thought they were associated with Sheraton. When I arrived in Las Vegas, I was not given a room at the resort I was promised on the phone; but instead, was at a different location down the street. In hindsight, this was just the beginning of the problems, lies, and deceit. The "presentation" ran far longer than the timeframe I was promised, and I was constantly pressured by a multitude of salespeople to make a decision.

Since I was told they would take my Sheraton timeshare in trade, that my children would be able to enjoy these vacations forever, and I could travel around the world whenever I desired, I felt that it was in my best interest to give into their demands. They rushed me through the paperwork so quickly, however, that they "neglected" to mention that I had a cancellation period allowed by law and they never showed me the true cost of ownership. Now I am burdened by this ongoing financial debt and cannot even use it! There is NEVER anything available!!! What a bunch of thieves and scam artists!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Vacation Village is a total scam of a company, THEY ARE MASTERS AT DECEPTIVE SALES PRACTICES! When we met with them, we were told that we were purchasing a real estate investment that would grow in value over time and that we could pass down to our family for them to not only enjoy but utilize as a rental property. This has never been the truth! Now, they will not respond to our requests to cancel the contract, other than to insult us. The maintenance fees on this “ownership” continue to increase; sometimes over 10% in a year! They failed to disclose that actual cost of this purchase when you factor in the high interest rate over the 10-year term on the loan as well as all the ridiculous fees that are charged at every step. They are bleeding us dry!! I would STRONGLY encourage anyone looking to make a purchase with this Vacation Village to read the reviews and do as much research as possible. Nothing that they say is true!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I would give VVR zero stars if that were an option. Do not trust Vacation Village Resorts. My experience with Vacation Village has been terrible. After sitting in on a 5-hour sales pitch, I purchased a time share that I was pressured into with their deceptive sales practices and later learned I was sold a subpar product under false pretenses. While the sales process took hours the finance portion went so fast, they neglected to inform me of the important details that would have affected my decision to buy. Their sales folks failed to disclose that there was a 17% interest rate on the loan. They don’t tell you that the maintenance fees keep increasing despite the upkeep of the property being neglected.

The rooms were in poor condition and the walls had scrapes and dents all over. The artificial plants were old and dusty. In 2020, they still had a VCR in the room with wires hanging out of it. The furniture was dirty and there was hair, bobby pins and a pill in the drawers. The maintenance fees go up, but the condition of the properties is completely unacceptable. I’ve spent thousands of dollars in fees and enough is enough! I am not happy with Vacation Village. Avoid doing business with them! They should be investigated by the Attorney General in every state they do business!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

My wife and I were in the process of buying a house when Vacation Village invited us to what they called a real estate opportunity presentation. So, they presented us with an 'investment opportunity' that would pay for itself. That was a lie. We told our rep Talyta that we liked to travel, so she told us what we wanted to hear: that if we bought this timeshare, we could book our week anytime, anywhere. We decided to buy based on her promises and were then rushed through the signing process, and it was only after we tried to use it that we realized we were SCAMMED. We reached out to Vacation Village to expose this woman and request cancellation and all they did was protect her and their money.

This 'investment' does not appreciate, it does not pay for itself, it is never available when we want to travel. Post purchase the helpful and friendly 'Talyta' who had promised to assist us with anything after we had bought this investment disappeared and never returned our calls. They took advantage of our wish as a parents to give our children nice vacations for the rest of their lives. Now, instead of vacations for life, our children will be stuck with maintenance fees that increase every year for the rest of their lives!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I’m writing this review after I’ve attempted to end my timeshare contract with Vacation Village Resorts. After being fed a bunch of lies from their salespeople I’ve decided that enough is enough. We were offered an elegant breakfast and a $100 gift card to attend an hour-long presentation on our honeymoon in Boca Raton. We weren’t interested in purchasing anything and yet we were forced to stay there listening to their sales pitch for almost 4 hours! We were told that if we left, we wouldn’t be able to receive the gift card they promised.

What’s worse is they sold us the timeshare under the pretense that it was an “investment” and compared it to owning a home. They lied to us and even went as far as to say that we could claim it on our federal taxes. They DID NOT mention that if we ever wanted to book a stay, we would have to pay an “all-inclusive” fee of $124 per day! My husband and I insisted that we could not afford to buy a timeshare, but the sales rep dropped the price. They will lie and say anything to con you into buying a timeshare. They are bullies who use aggressive tactics. We have made every effort to get the benefits that were promised to us, but it was all LIES. I hope other folks don’t fall victim to Vacation Village’s evil SCAMS and we plan on letting the Attorney General in Florida know how the scammed a newlywed couple on their honeymoon!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

We were told that only maintenance fees and loan for the points that we are going to pay, it turns out that we have another annual membership fee of over $200, that they never mention, I called them and told them I can no longer afford to pay and was told that I can't just cancel them, I still have to pay my loan. Why they have to lie to people.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I just visited Las Vegas and was approached by someone in the car rental building for freebies; all I had to do was attend a presentation, so I went. Please be aware that these people will tell you that you can get a timeshare and rent it out to pay for it. False and illegal! There is no special discount for you being in the military or school. They come up with a magical down payment for the timeshare (really to see how much money they can pull out of you right at that moment). All I know is something just did not feel right with signing up....honestly they make it sound good with the vacation deals. When you get that feeling to follow your first mind, do just that. I was able to cancel before I left Vegas and got my money back!

They were extra friendly when they were taking my money; but when I decided to cancel, the vibe became very snotty! Guess they got mad that I read the contract. You only have five days to cancel with no obligation and they are banking on you to completely forget about that while you are partying in Vegas and by time you get home....you are already locked in to these blood suckers....please run!

Vacation Village Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vacation Village Resorts is a timeshare company that offers timeshare properties at more than 50 resorts. The company was founded in 1975 by James E. Lambert, and they have nearly 500,000 owners across the world.

• Community Minded: The company not only sells timeshares, but also gives back to the community, supporting the Broward Children's Center, which is a local charity that helps infants, children, and young adults with health challenges.

• Vacation Flexibility: Vacation Village Resorts has partnered with RCI and Interval International to offer a wide range of vacation property options for timeshare owners.

• ARDA Members: The company has been a member of the American Resort Development Association since the '80s, proving its reputation as a leader in the field.

• Affinity Rewards: Vacation Village Resorts has a great incentive program that is offered to its customers. The programs gives customers rewards for their loyalty and business.

• Referral Program: Vacation Village Resorts pays people who refer friends and family members to the company.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
    2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
    Ft. Lauderdale