2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Weston, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I'm write this review as POA and caregive for my dad. He's mentally disabled due to Parkinson's and can't write this himself. Sort of like how he can't enter into a legal agreement with anyone. But that didn't stop this company for luring him down to Florida with all kinds of promises and lies. They then sold him not one but TWO timeshares. They been a leach on his assets ever since. He's been driven to financial ruin because to these predators. AVOID! They offer nothing but suffering to anyone who does business with them. Don't just take my word for it. There's 100s of reviews of this company all over the internet and they're all bad.

They are criminals that need to be imprisoned and the entire industry needs to be abolished.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I purchased a timeshare with this company in 2004 along with a vacation exchange program (RCI). I was told that I could exchange my resort with anyone of hundreds of resorts around North America that were part of the RCI program. I was made aware of the maintenance, real estate, exchange and membership fees which were not too bad. I told them I wanted a few days to think about it but they were relentless in their sales pitch that it would save us money compared to the costs we were currently incurring on vacation trips. Every time I said no, they sent someone higher up the ladder talk to us. They even said, "hey if it doesn't work out, you can always sell it since it was an asset." They even said the value would probably go up since it was real estate. So I signed the contract. It was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life.

Not only were we almost never able to get the exchanges we requested, the maintenance fees began rising immediately. They are now double what they were when we signed up with no end to future increases in sight. In researching how to get out of this mess, I come to find out that my time-share is worthless - you can't give them away because whoever takes them over, even if they buy them for $1, are going to get stuck with ever increasing maintenance fees FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. Even after they die, their children will inherit the debt. It's a nightmare out of the Twilight Zone.

There are many time-share exit companies out there, but many of them are as much scam companies as these time-share companies themselves. And even the few legitimate (Exit) companies out there are expensive and require you pay upfront. I hear some offer money back guarantees but I've read some complaints from clients who are having problems getting their money back when they fail to get you out of the contract. These time-share people are the worst scam artists in the world. Why people have not filed class action suits or the U.S. Government not gone after them is beyond me. They belong behind bars. Stay as far away from them as you can.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My boyfriend and I booked a vacation for Orlando through them, we were told on the phone we only had to attend a 90 minute tour at 8 am and we could get free tickets to Disney. We arrived in Orlando to find out they actually scheduled us for a 12 pm tour, which we were upset about because we planned on spending the day at Disney. The welcome center was completely unorganized and the women working there were extremely rude. We explained that we were told an 8 am tour and they told us to go call a third party company that we had never interacted with. Luckily, after some complaining they reluctantly gave us a tour at 9:50..... we didn't leave until almost 1 in the afternoon. Our sales rep was really nice and awesome, but we just weren't interested. We said it 10 times. After telling the sales rep we wouldn't be purchasing, they brought over another rep to try and get us to buy it.

At this point we are extremely frustrated because we already wasted 3 hours of our time with these people. I must have said a million times we weren't going to buy the timeshare. They ended up sending us over to 3 more people to try and get us to buy it. After firmly telling them for the 95th time that we were not going to buy it, they FINALLY let us go. It was a huge waste of our time and the company seemed like a mess. I'm really glad we didn't make any purchases with them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I would stay far from Vacation Village! I purchased a week years ago which was I was told I would be able to use all their different resorts with purchase of any of their properties! We’ll come to find out it’s worthless now because they don’t cover feedback programs and there are hundreds of people stuck like us. Without an exit program from the owners it drops the value of weeks and makes it impossible to sell. There are hundreds trying to give away what vacation village has created! It’s a worthless company that tells lies and has nothing really to offer. You are stuck for life with a terrible company that offers to upgrade with more promises to make up for the crap they sold you the first time. Lies lies lies! Please go to other timeshare companies as this has to be the worst!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

We purchased a timeshare. We already had one, but they told us if we purchased theirs we could use the points for travel. We were told we could book hotels, car rental and airline tickets with the points. Since we travel often, we thought this would be a great deal. NOT...they lied. I've yet to be able to use the point for hotel rooms or other travel. They will give you a discount that any other travel site gives you. We loved our other timeshare....WE HATE THIS ONE, IT IS USELESS TO US!! BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE, THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO YOU TO GET YOU TO BUY!! I feel like an idiot believing these people.

Then they called me and offered me to come to another one of their resorts and they would show me how to use the points. When we showed up we were told that the Timeshare we bought in Florida was worthless. We were told we needed the Williamsburg, VA timeshare to be of any meaning. UNBELIEVABLE! I walked out. I had forgotten they had commandeered my drivers license and had not given it back after arguing for 2 hours about how worthless the timeshare I bought was. STAY AWAY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I purchased with Vacation Village in early 2018. End of the year became a parent. Good companies are willing to take back your ownership, however if you purchase with this company, you're trapped. Forever. They are not willing to assist their customers in any way. When contacting costumer service they basically tell you, "You signed a contract, sorry about your bad luck". Please do not purchase with this company, you will have nothing but a debt to last a lifetime, and the sensation of being trapped for the rest of your life with no way out.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

We purchase a Timeshare with Vacation Village/Nouveau Resorts last month and the Sales Rep showered us with lies! The first lie rep stated he wasn't a sales rep and wasn't selling anything. He stated "he was just showing us how to utilize timeshares." He told us property increase in value and we will receive checks if we rent out the Timeshare. He also said VV will buy us out of other Timeshares in which we found that to be untrue.

He promised both a $100 Visa but only one of us received and I can go on forever about the Pack of Lies. I don't see how anyone can sleep at night. Please BEWARE and run for your life. I don't see how anything can be legal with the Sales Rep. They give you 5 days or so to figure out if you've been lied to but by then it's too late to cancel. Please people don't buy from Vacation Village and run for your life. This has to stop. Please contact to produce a Class Action Suit against Vacation Village and or Nouveau Resorts Corporation.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

35 days back I purchased a deal which was popped up on my Facebook and it said 298$ for Orlando vacation package which they said I will get 200$ gift card and I can book anytime in an year. I called them to book my package for next week (Sep 21st 2019). They said they will charge additional 150$ for rush fee and the rep whom I spoke with was very rude. When I asked the rep to whom I spoke to initially get this didn't inform she bluntly said, "You have read the agreement," and then I asked, "I want to cancel the package." She SAID, "NO," in a harsh voice. And, I asked, "Change the package to one resort than in 2 resorts." She said, "NO." I am not all happy with these guys.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have been trying to reach a higher level employee at Vacation Village in regards to our swap from FL to VA timeshare, for the past couple of months all he does is email me back when to call him, when we do he always pawns us off to someone else who cannot help us! That is bad business… Since transferring over from our FL vacation timeshare (which now I see was yet another timeshare disaster) we have NOT been able to use it as promised. More fees paid and more money wasted.

RCI has basically told us there is no inventory to exchange because the resort in VA is not in high demand. They suggest we book over 2 years out, which need to pay RCI fees in advance for membership, this is ridiculous. So let's do the math on MY MONEY since April ('18) last year = 8K payment (rounded down), $855.00 Maintenance fee & RE taxes, $124.00 RCI membership, (we have not renewed this year based on waste of time), Total 8979.00 (just thrown in the wind). Plus all the time wasted on the phone trying for a trip to AZ, then trying cruise options, then an Island for a family vacation only to come up with ZERO!

The women who was the salesperson sold us the switch over (not to mention we were there for 8 hours on my wife’s birthday back in April, I am still trying to make up for that time wasted with her). PROMISED us we would be able to get Myrtle Beach through our new purchase, guess what…NO that did not happen, and soon after she was nowhere to be found for help over the phone! We’ve already gone to SC Myrtle beach, and to St. Thomas WITHOUT using our time share or RCI membership or travel. This company ought to be ashamed of themselves and how they respond to a very unhappy owner, they simply don't respond and don't care. STAY AWAY from Vacation Village!

Original review: July 15, 2019

This was an extremely AWFUL experience. My mom and I went down because she "won" a trip. Our rep was very nice and upfront but when we went to sign papers to purchase a timeshare we soon realized it wasn't a good idea. Before we could finish processing I had asked about the gift cards that she had won but Sheron says "I think you signed them over". I said that isn't true. The gift cards weren't ever mentioned until I questioned about them. Let's just say it went downhill from there. They kept trying to tell me that there was a misunderstanding on my end but I can't understand something that was NEVER mentioned. Trust me it gets WORSE. So before they could process anything further I withdrew and told my mom if she wanted to continue with out me she could so of course she said, "NO."

Sheron then tells us to go downstairs and he'll be with us shortly. I decided to stay onsite where we were and didn't ride back with them to the office. They have you to go to for your "tour". They ended up making her an extremely great deal which was a 4 bedroom for 4,000 total. So they give my mom her gift card with her $75.00 deposit and another gift card that was supposed to have $200.00 on it. It had a balance of $0.00 which is why I advised her to check it while she was there but she said so much was going on she forgot. Please keep in mind they tell you that the tour only last for 90 minutes, my mom was with them from 9AM until 4:45 PM. We had to drive back to the office to see why the money hadn't made it onto the gift card as promised.

Brenda which is who sold my mom the TS told her that she signed it over when we were onsite and it would be refunded back onto the VISA card within 5 business days. So I decided to go in to reconcile this matter because I was there the entire time and there was NEVER a form signed that said she agreed to that. The receptionist explained to me the procedure because she was the one that did it. She showed us the BLANK form she sends over to the resort that my mom would've had to sign to make it legal.

Both my mom and I advised that we NEVER seen that piece of paper however her signature was on it so we were not only confused but pissed off as well because that forgery. The receptionist asked if we would like to speak with someone in upper management which we agreed to. Jewel was standing around the entire time so they went into a little room behind the desk to discuss it and while speaking with Jewel she advised us that they send the form overfilled in and all the applicant would've needed to do was sign their name.

HOWEVER the lady had just explained to us that it's sent over BLANK so there was yet ANOTHER LIE. If you must purchase a TS I advise going to a different company, this company has a 1 star rating for obvious reasons. They are very untrustworthy. They appear to be very friendly but that's just a mask they wear to try to get you to purchase their product. My best advice would be to say NO and stick to it.

Not sure about Vacation Village Resorts?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Timeshares for you.

Vacation Village Resorts expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vacation Village Resorts is a timeshare company that offers timeshare properties at more than 50 resorts. The company was founded in 1975 by James E. Lambert, and they have nearly 500,000 owners across the world.

• Community Minded: The company not only sells timeshares, but also gives back to the community, supporting the Broward Children's Center, which is a local charity that helps infants, children, and young adults with health challenges.

• Vacation Flexibility: Vacation Village Resorts has partnered with RCI and Interval International to offer a wide range of vacation property options for timeshare owners.

• ARDA Members: The company has been a member of the American Resort Development Association since the '80s, proving its reputation as a leader in the field.

• Affinity Rewards: Vacation Village Resorts has a great incentive program that is offered to its customers. The programs gives customers rewards for their loyalty and business.

• Referral Program: Vacation Village Resorts pays people who refer friends and family members to the company.

• Best for: People who want a luxury vacation property, large families, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
            2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
            Ft. Lauderdale