Weston, FL

1.0/5 (33 ratings)

About Vacation Village Resorts

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

This is long, but PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW AND PRECEDING REVIEWS FROM OTHER PEOPLE BEFORE ENTERTAINING THIS BULL**. Wife got a call stating that we had won a "free" from a state fair to VVR is Williamsburg VA. I was skeptical at first, but decided to entertain for the $50 Roadhouse gift card, $200 Visa gift card and 2 free vacations they offered over the phone. Now before I continue, we were warned by family that this may be a timeshare scam and to be cautious of this "free" vacation. Upon driving the 3.5 hours to their Williamsburg, we were told that we had to attend a 90-120 minute tour the following day at 1015 to get our free night and not receive any charges. At this point I knew what we were about to sit through, but still abridged and made the most of our night there.

I was already set on not giving into the whole timeshare gimmick, but after reading a few reviews I KNEW that I wasn't going to fall for this scam. In fact, I was dead set on us not receiving any of our follow-on benefits after telling them no. But I'll be ** if I don't get my free night, so we entertained.

I won't lie, our salesman was good, he showed us the RCI app and asked a lot of good questions and rehearsed some pretty good answers. We met him at some random building that was 8 minutes away from where we stayed and from there, followed him to a nice restaurant we didn't even get to eat at. We sat down and just started talking...An hour later we viewed the deeded property he was selling and we were far less than impressed and he could tell, but didn't seem to care. From there we went BACK TO THE RESORT WE STAYED AT and that's where the "sale" was supposed to happen.

From there we endured a lot of talking and a lot of scribbling on paper with numbers that didn't really matter at all. Our salesman finally finished and expected my wife and I to talk it over in front of him like this was something to actually entertain. I immediately shut that down and told him that we weren't interested via some made-up excuse to be polite. He seemed to be cool with our decision....but said we had to wait and talk to his manager.

Wave 2 of the sales pitch was much more deliberate and intentional. I zoned on out his entire pitch and came back when he asked a question to my wife and I about vacations. Not wanting him to talk further I just said "yes" and hoped he would **...That was the wrong answer. The guy got emotional and talked about how important vacations were to him and his wife and then walked off....After doubling down on our answer, A THIRD rep came in that was supposed to sign and endorse our prize. She came in hot asking why we weren't buying, trying to sell us again.

At this point I was done and told her that we weren't interested and had to relieve our dog sitter and get back to our dogs. This woman, then calls us bad dog parents for leaving our dogs alone, signs our sheet, and walks away. At this point my wife was about to cause a scene had our original salesman not gotten up and gave us our gift card. We ended up getting our $50 Roadhouse gift card, but the Visa gift card only covered the $99 deposit we put down over the phone. As for the 2 "free" vacations to two of their properties; we will not be taking those....

Bottom Line: They sell a crap product; I am thankful for not buying this; get your free stuff and leave if you have the thick enough skin to say no to them and stick to it. Go and buy a car if you want to make a wild purchase; at least you'll get to use the investment.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Vacation Village is running a white-collar swindle that you wouldn’t believe. I originally bought a deed in 2019 and had a challenging time booking a vacation. When I did in 2021, they roped me into another presentation and told me that if I converted my deed to points it would open endless opportunities to vacation. But that’s not all: I was also told I could refinance the loan if I upgraded, availability would open up significantly and I could also rent out my excess points to cover the maintenance fee. NONE OF THIS WAS TRUE. Banks don’t refinance timeshares; availability is abysmal at best and there is no market to rent your excess points. Even if there were, you still can’t book a vacation. At this point, all I am doing is paying interest towards my loan. My mortgage balance has barely dropped in the 3 years I’ve owned this worthless timeshare. If you are ever approached by a Vacation Village rep, do not fall for the gimmicks.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I bought into this timeshare when I was well under the influence, and no one at this company seems to care about that. In fact, the last conversation that was had with them over the phone they completely glossed over it like I didn’t even say it. Wouldn’t even let me talk to another representative about what was going on. I am so fed up with having the same conversations over and over again. I just want out of this, considering the circumstances, and they will not allow it! I am fed up with going to them over and over and being fed the same response about not being able to help me. I know they can, because it wouldn’t make any sense if everyone who bought a timeshare was stuck in it forever. They would end up running out of things to sell if that were the situation, or overselling it by a mile. Maybe this will get their attention and let them know that I mean business here!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Grandview Resorts, owned by El Dorado Resorts is nothing more than a hard-core timeshare sales gauntlet, preying on the young and old visitor. Sucking them in to high interest, high debt loans by distracting people on the LV Strip. I was an adult for exactly 24 hours in 2020 when they suckered my Fiancé’ and I, at the time, into a presentation after being lured in with a “free vacation” and $150.00. We toured a broken-down hotel, while our “tour guide” talked about 5-star properties. That is where my personal interest peaked, as, now I was being told there were luxury properties, in places I wanted to visit. Discounted trips all over the world whenever we wanted sounded cool. As a 21-year-old with a new fiancé, it sounded like this would be the “responsible adult decision”, a membership we could profit off, get to travel more often, and something we could “own” together.

When it came to our “application” we were told we could exaggerate our numbers if we wanted. We were told explicitly to say we had worked at our jobs longer than we had, and to say we were working full-time as opposed to our reality. In the Bay Area, during COVID, we were underemployed, broke, with at 1,900 per month rent. We were very forthcoming that this was not a purchase we could afford, yet the salespeople ground us down to $100 a month that we still said would be difficult. The payment is NOT $100/month, and we have no idea of how much extra they are charging us on this purchase. 17.90% interest, more than doubles the cost of this “product” that literally has zero value. I now believe that El Dorado, Grandview, whatever saw a young couple that they could grift out of money and figured we'd be too stupid to realize what it was we were really signing.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Senior citizens are what we are. We live in the northern plains that have very cold winters. We were ready to retire and wanted to spend our winters in Florida. So, we set out to scope out retirement properties. We landed at Vacation Village Resort Orlando, Florida thinking this would be a good place to begin our search. We were offered a $100 golf voucher for attending a presentation that would not exceed an hour. Well, THREE HOURS LATER, as we finished sharing our retirement objectives with the sales representative at the resort, they pushed us to believe that the timeshare would be a perfect fit for us. Our purchase total was $20,964.69 for 55,000 points. They said we could stay at their resorts for 4900 points per week. That would give us 11 weeks in sunshine every year. We were thrilled.

It took us a few weeks for them to set up our online account. We soon discovered everything they told us in the sales meeting was a LIE. It is not possible to get a 4900 point week in the winter season! Oh my, this was the ONLY reason we decided to make this purchase. We contacted Vacation Village and were told it is not their problem and they can not control the points system. We have paid the contract in full and have requested a minimum refund of 80%. We are fair people...is Vacation Village?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

So they have teams of people who work together to sell you their lies. I was iffy about it and a sales person gave me their "personal card". I shoulda called it right in front of them. They gave me the number to RCI which has nothing to do with them. They messed up my contract making it almost unusable and said I have to fork over another $200 to get their mistakes fixed. They sold me my timeshare under the guise I get a week every year, only pay my maintenance fees every 3 And get two weeks on the year I pay. All of it was a lie. I have to fight to get the two weeks I own as stated in my own contract when I pay maintenance. It's ridiculous. The kicker is whenever I call to talk to Pamela ** who was one of the lead sales reps, she doesn't exist or work there.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Wish I could give zero stars! BE WARNED: Vacation Village’s practices are deceptive, hostile and we suspect illegal. When we arrived at the presentation, we were immediately subject to humiliation by the lead presenter. They claimed that our vacation townhouse was awful compared to the units they offered at their property. He even said he wouldn’t be caught dead staying at the location we were at.

After he had broken us down, he showed us pictures of beautiful, luxurious locations and claimed that all of this could be ours if we signed a contract with him. The man claimed that we needed to make this decision immediately, or else the price he quoted would go up. We attempted to ask clarifying questions but were treated like we were dumb for not understanding what he was saying. After several hours of sitting through their presentation, we finally decided to purchase what was being offered. The contract signing was a blur, and crucial information–like our right to rescission–was left out.

Looking back, we realize now that we had been scammed into purchasing something that didn’t even exist. We were told that we would have access to luxury accommodations whenever we wanted, but this just isn’t true. We have found that booking availability is scarce, and that we need to spend more money than we already have just to get what they promised in the first place. None of this was explained during the presentation we sat through. Instead, we were treated like idiots because we expressed skepticism and were then conned into buying by creating urgency that didn’t exist using deceptive sales tactics. It's a shame that they rely on dishonesty to sell their product!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

The Vacation Village Timeshare company is nothing but a bunch of crooks that sell the idea of a dream while hiding a hefty interest rate in a never-ending contract! We were duped by misleading, conniving, and down-right dishonest salespeople! We have owned for 4 years and have not been able to use the ownership once! The website is impossible to use and is probably intentional on their part, so they are able to sell these rooms for nightly rentals on 3rd party travel websites to double their profits! We were promised a personal concierge to help us but have never been able to reach them! Every promise made has been broken and we are sick and tired of this white-collar crime!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

DO NOT take free trips offered by Vacation Village! It’s just a trap to get you to buy a timeshare. Unfortunately, we fell for it, and we have paid dearly- financially and mentally. At the MANDATORY presentation, we were hounded until we bought a timeshare. When we came back to cancel a couple days later, things got worse. Salespeople argued that we should keep it and offered better deals. They lied and said we could refinance for even lower payments just to get us to sign an even newer contract. They rushed us through the contract in a matter of 10 minutes so we wouldn’t know what we were really doing. Then finding out the timeshare was useless pushed us over the edge. We never seem to find any availability, yet when I try to book as a non-owner, suddenly there are available reservations. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE GARBAGE TIMESHARES.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Please don’t go near the Vacation Village Resorts timeshare sales staff, they will pressure you, mislead you and lie straight out of their teeth just to get you into a phony contract. We, unfortunately, fell for these scammers' lies! They don’t tell you hidden fees during the sale at all, they make sure to hide all the pertinent information regarding maintenance fees, resort fees and taxes before we signed the contract.

They also completely misled us about the resort experience, as far as availability, locations, booking ease and we were told the resorts were all-inclusive to timeshare owners, which we have now learned is a BIG FAT LIE! I wish they would have been honest, and we would have never signed this contract, but they especially know what information to disclose and not disclose to trick you into signing! The Grandview staff capitalized on our dreams and took advantage of our trust, all just to make a quick commission check. The sales rep we were assigned to focused on our dreams and how easy it would be to fulfill them using their timeshare, it was just a bunch of false information.

Vacation Village Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vacation Village Resorts is a timeshare company that offers timeshare properties at more than 50 resorts. The company was founded in 1975 by James E. Lambert, and they have nearly 500,000 owners across the world.

• Community Minded: The company not only sells timeshares, but also gives back to the community, supporting the Broward Children's Center, which is a local charity that helps infants, children, and young adults with health challenges.

• Vacation Flexibility: Vacation Village Resorts has partnered with RCI and Interval International to offer a wide range of vacation property options for timeshare owners.

• ARDA Members: The company has been a member of the American Resort Development Association since the '80s, proving its reputation as a leader in the field.

• Affinity Rewards: Vacation Village Resorts has a great incentive program that is offered to its customers. The programs gives customers rewards for their loyalty and business.

• Referral Program: Vacation Village Resorts pays people who refer friends and family members to the company.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Advisor

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
    2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
    Ft. Lauderdale