2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Weston, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

This is the worst timeshare organization I've ever encountered. As a frequent traveler and owner of multiple timeshares... This is the work company I've ever dealt with. The resorts owned are ok. The organization is the worse!

Original review: July 21, 2020

I am currently an owner at the Colonies Resort through Vacation Village Resorts. My husband and I spent thousands of dollars to get a timeshare (which is paid off now). We have never been late on our taxes or maintenance fees. We were called by the Vacation Village Marketing Department and offered a free "re-opening" visit contingent upon we eat an 8:00 am breakfast while we listen to the updates they have done to another resort down the road from the Colonies called the Plantation Resort.

We were sold many lies and now we are required to attend another hostage holding meeting in the afternoon or we lose our deposit and their so called free gift card. We went to the Plantation resort and were told we had to go to the Colonies instead. We had to walk to the pool, even though the clerk told us we could call and "schedule "our pool one-hour reservation. Even though we were told it was completely open, and get this... the only "time" they had available was when our erroneously scheduled meeting was to occur.

Here are some of the lies we were told:
Everything is open: pool, hot tub, rec center, computer lab, restaurants, etc.-- They were not open.
You only have to eat breakfast and then you are excused. -- When we got here the clerk said they don't even have breakfast meetings.
You have a bedroom for your children. -- We had to get another room because they only gave us a one room condo.
The pool is open. -- Nothing is open.

You're staying at the Plantation Resort. -- Now you have to stay at the Colonies.

Do not waste your money or time with this place. Go to a hotel and stay or buy a camper. We are selling our timeshare because this place sucks!! They lie, take your money, make false promises, hold you hostage, and it's a crock of crap.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: March 14, 2020

We attended their timeshare presentation in Las Vegas last weekend in exchange for a free hotel room for three nights. It was supposed to be a 90 minute presentation and they held us hostage for over four hours! We tried to leave but they told us we would be billed for the hotel room if we didn't complete the presentation. We were in Vegas for the Chicago Cubs spring training and we told them several times the game started at 1:00 and they didn't care. We got there at 9:00 am and didn't get out of there until after 1:00. By the time we got to the game we were an hour late.

They had three different sales people come in to talk to us and got less and less polite every time we said no, which was at least ten times. Our sales guy also lied to us. He showed us an old or fake (not sure which one) Better Business Bureau page that listed their rating as an "A" with "4 complaints." I looked them up when we got home and they aren't even accredited with the BBB and have 312 complaints! What these people are doing should be illegal! Run from these people!!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I'm write this review as POA and caregive for my dad. He's mentally disabled due to Parkinson's and can't write this himself. Sort of like how he can't enter into a legal agreement with anyone. But that didn't stop this company for luring him down to Florida with all kinds of promises and lies. They then sold him not one but TWO timeshares. They been a leach on his assets ever since. He's been driven to financial ruin because to these predators. AVOID! They offer nothing but suffering to anyone who does business with them. Don't just take my word for it. There's 100s of reviews of this company all over the internet and they're all bad.

They are criminals that need to be imprisoned and the entire industry needs to be abolished.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I purchased a timeshare with this company in 2004 along with a vacation exchange program (RCI). I was told that I could exchange my resort with anyone of hundreds of resorts around North America that were part of the RCI program. I was made aware of the maintenance, real estate, exchange and membership fees which were not too bad. I told them I wanted a few days to think about it but they were relentless in their sales pitch that it would save us money compared to the costs we were currently incurring on vacation trips. Every time I said no, they sent someone higher up the ladder talk to us. They even said, "hey if it doesn't work out, you can always sell it since it was an asset." They even said the value would probably go up since it was real estate. So I signed the contract. It was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life.

Not only were we almost never able to get the exchanges we requested, the maintenance fees began rising immediately. They are now double what they were when we signed up with no end to future increases in sight. In researching how to get out of this mess, I come to find out that my time-share is worthless - you can't give them away because whoever takes them over, even if they buy them for $1, are going to get stuck with ever increasing maintenance fees FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. Even after they die, their children will inherit the debt. It's a nightmare out of the Twilight Zone.

There are many time-share exit companies out there, but many of them are as much scam companies as these time-share companies themselves. And even the few legitimate (Exit) companies out there are expensive and require you pay upfront. I hear some offer money back guarantees but I've read some complaints from clients who are having problems getting their money back when they fail to get you out of the contract. These time-share people are the worst scam artists in the world. Why people have not filed class action suits or the U.S. Government not gone after them is beyond me. They belong behind bars. Stay as far away from them as you can.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My boyfriend and I booked a vacation for Orlando through them, we were told on the phone we only had to attend a 90 minute tour at 8 am and we could get free tickets to Disney. We arrived in Orlando to find out they actually scheduled us for a 12 pm tour, which we were upset about because we planned on spending the day at Disney. The welcome center was completely unorganized and the women working there were extremely rude. We explained that we were told an 8 am tour and they told us to go call a third party company that we had never interacted with. Luckily, after some complaining they reluctantly gave us a tour at 9:50..... we didn't leave until almost 1 in the afternoon. Our sales rep was really nice and awesome, but we just weren't interested. We said it 10 times. After telling the sales rep we wouldn't be purchasing, they brought over another rep to try and get us to buy it.

At this point we are extremely frustrated because we already wasted 3 hours of our time with these people. I must have said a million times we weren't going to buy the timeshare. They ended up sending us over to 3 more people to try and get us to buy it. After firmly telling them for the 95th time that we were not going to buy it, they FINALLY let us go. It was a huge waste of our time and the company seemed like a mess. I'm really glad we didn't make any purchases with them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I would stay far from Vacation Village! I purchased a week years ago which was I was told I would be able to use all their different resorts with purchase of any of their properties! We’ll come to find out it’s worthless now because they don’t cover feedback programs and there are hundreds of people stuck like us. Without an exit program from the owners it drops the value of weeks and makes it impossible to sell. There are hundreds trying to give away what vacation village has created! It’s a worthless company that tells lies and has nothing really to offer. You are stuck for life with a terrible company that offers to upgrade with more promises to make up for the crap they sold you the first time. Lies lies lies! Please go to other timeshare companies as this has to be the worst!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

We purchased a timeshare. We already had one, but they told us if we purchased theirs we could use the points for travel. We were told we could book hotels, car rental and airline tickets with the points. Since we travel often, we thought this would be a great deal. NOT...they lied. I've yet to be able to use the point for hotel rooms or other travel. They will give you a discount that any other travel site gives you. We loved our other timeshare....WE HATE THIS ONE, IT IS USELESS TO US!! BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE, THEY WILL SAY ANYTHING TO YOU TO GET YOU TO BUY!! I feel like an idiot believing these people.

Then they called me and offered me to come to another one of their resorts and they would show me how to use the points. When we showed up we were told that the Timeshare we bought in Florida was worthless. We were told we needed the Williamsburg, VA timeshare to be of any meaning. UNBELIEVABLE! I walked out. I had forgotten they had commandeered my drivers license and had not given it back after arguing for 2 hours about how worthless the timeshare I bought was. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I purchased with Vacation Village in early 2018. End of the year became a parent. Good companies are willing to take back your ownership, however if you purchase with this company, you're trapped. Forever. They are not willing to assist their customers in any way. When contacting costumer service they basically tell you, "You signed a contract, sorry about your bad luck". Please do not purchase with this company, you will have nothing but a debt to last a lifetime, and the sensation of being trapped for the rest of your life with no way out.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

We purchase a Timeshare with Vacation Village/Nouveau Resorts last month and the Sales Rep showered us with lies! The first lie rep stated he wasn't a sales rep and wasn't selling anything. He stated "he was just showing us how to utilize timeshares." He told us property increase in value and we will receive checks if we rent out the Timeshare. He also said VV will buy us out of other Timeshares in which we found that to be untrue.

He promised both a $100 Visa but only one of us received and I can go on forever about the Pack of Lies. I don't see how anyone can sleep at night. Please BEWARE and run for your life. I don't see how anything can be legal with the Sales Rep. They give you 5 days or so to figure out if you've been lied to but by then it's too late to cancel. Please people don't buy from Vacation Village and run for your life. This has to stop. Please contact to produce a Class Action Suit against Vacation Village and or Nouveau Resorts Corporation.

Vacation Village Resorts author review by Lisa Ann Schreier

Vacation Village Resorts is a timeshare company that offers timeshare properties at more than 50 resorts. The company was founded in 1975 by James E. Lambert, and they have nearly 500,000 owners across the world.

• Community Minded: The company not only sells timeshares, but also gives back to the community, supporting the Broward Children's Center, which is a local charity that helps infants, children, and young adults with health challenges.

• Vacation Flexibility: Vacation Village Resorts has partnered with RCI and Interval International to offer a wide range of vacation property options for timeshare owners.

• ARDA Members: The company has been a member of the American Resort Development Association since the '80s, proving its reputation as a leader in the field.

• Affinity Rewards: Vacation Village Resorts has a great incentive program that is offered to its customers. The programs gives customers rewards for their loyalty and business.

• Referral Program: Vacation Village Resorts pays people who refer friends and family members to the company.

by Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
    2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
    Ft. Lauderdale