2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Weston, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2019

I purchased a timeshare on purpose because I love to travel. I bought a TS with VV because it is a gold crown which means I can stay at Gold Crown resorts. I have yet to stay at my home resort because I exchange it to stay other places. I am able to get a condo for $160/week, plus 3 more for my friends and family. My friend used my timeshare benefits which costed her $300 cheaper than an Airbnb in the same location. I love Vacation Village resorts, as well as other places I've stayed for cheap/great accommodations. i.e.Hancock, MA, Orlando, Breezy Point, MN. My timeshare cost $14,000. work on the even year, but still get 3 extra vacation weeks plus last minute vacations where I don't have to use my points!!!! My family, friends and I love it!!!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I won a trip to Williamsburg, VA from a Bridal show and I was told my fiance and I would have to go to a 90min presentation in order to get the weekend for free. We went Sunday morning and were told it would be a "tour". What I did not know is that we would be kidnapped away from our car for 2.5 hours for the most unimpressive presentation of all time. We had to drive to a separate, really shabby looking office located in a Holiday Inn parking lot. As soon as we got there, the sales rep Jessica asked us to get into her car to get breakfast, which honestly made me a little uncomfortable to just hop in a strangers car with no means of escape. We are taken back to the resort we just came from, to a condo (which was nice) on another resort that they were trying to sell, then back again to the resort we were originally at. Just so much traveling and walking around when my fiancé was recovering from a knee surgery he got less than 2 months prior.

We were told prior to attending the presentation that there was no pressure to buy in, they just wanted to show people the resort and Williamsburg to encourage future vacations. However, the high-pressure sales pitch told us otherwise. The sales rep was trying to make us feel stupid for not buying a timeshare. I told her I'm not trying to make a $35,000 commitment on a whim when I don't even own a house yet, we are saving for our wedding, and my fiancé and I have over $200,000 of student debt combined. This is obviously a company that does not care about you. Luckily, I already know about timeshares and I am not the gullible idiot they thought I was because they say nothing about the annual fees and taxes you pay on a timeshare as well, even after you're done paying it off. It's also an investment that is only valid as long as the company is still in business.

After being trapped for 2.5 hours, we declined politely and immediately the sales rep Jessica turned nasty and we still had to drive back with her to the resort! If I had known how nasty she would be, I would not have gone on the trip at all. It seriously ruined my day that people would try to poach me for my money and then treat me badly. Also- what idiot wants a timeshare in WILLIAMSBURG VIRGINIA?? Sorry we weren't the idiots you were hoping we were and sorry your cheap business tactics (seedy breakfast buffet, 90 second video of clips around the world and weird worksheet scribble thing) did not work on us! At least be professional when people decline your fraudulent business proposal because now I am posting this review on several platforms so people know what kind of business you conduct.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I own a timeshare with Vacation Village. While I am not (yet) disappointed with my actual timeshare, I am disappointed with their customer service. No one seems to know anything or be of any use. I called about a 1099 for for taxes. One woman told me she would email it to me at 9 am the day I called. Of course I never received it. When I called back the next day, they transferred to the same department and all of sudden they don’t handle 1099 forms. After explaining this to me, she gave me a number that didn’t work. It’s like pulling teeth to get anything done with them. It’s like no one knows anything.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I foolishly went to a sales presentation for a timeshare with Vacation Villages at Parkway in Orlando. The deal sounded too good to be true. Well, it was. I asked the sales person for several clarifications and was told false information on many points. They assured me that what they were saying was true. I wrote down all the answers to questions I had. They bold face lied to me. When I called the trading company (RCI) after the sale they informed me that I could only get 1 week of vacation when I was told that I could get 6-10 weeks!! I’m setting aside my embarrassment at being so foolish and telling you, please, learn from my horrendous experience and stay away from all time shares (I was lied to by the Diamond company as well.) Go on reputable travel sites and book there. It is much cheaper in the end. I didn’t have the option of giving it zero stars. A one is much too generous!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I wish I could give them 0 stars. This place is horrible. They are extremely unprofessional and will do anything to sell their scam timeshare product, including insulting potential customers. Stay away from this company!!! They will try to entice you with free gifts, but these gifts have so many strings attached.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

A 90 minute tour turned into 4 hr and 45 minutes. The timeshare salesman takes you to a restaurant, then one of their clubhouse locations, then to another clubhouse location, then back to the first clubhouse location. Which means that they take you from your car and you have no way to leave because they have you ride with them. Even after telling the salesman we had to leave FIVE times, he kept refusing to take us back to our car because he just needed "to show us one more thing." After 3 HOURS PAST THE SCHEDULED TOUR and saying "NO WE ARE NOT INTERESTED" over 50 times...we were taken back to the first location was where to our car and to get our "gifts."

The $100 gift card you get and the "getaways" are NOT WORTH YOUR TIME WASTED. The "getaways" have so many restrictions, which includes expiring in a year, having to book 45-60 days in advance, no booking on holidays, no booking on weekends, no booking July 20-September 5, no rescheduling, you must pick 3 dates, you must mail in the request form with the dates you want to arrive (no scheduling online or over the phone available!), etc, etc. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM! PLEASE READ THE REVIEWS AND DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We got a cold call from a very kind woman who explained that, for $75, we could make a reservation in Las Vegas at any time for our two nights, along with a presentation. We’ve done this before, so we agreed to pay the $75. They sent an email confirmation with a totally different name, so it went to my junk box. I called a month later and had them re-send it.

When I just called to make a reservation for the fall, I was told we could not extend it out that far. The fine ‘talk’ said ‘anytime', the fine print said "within six months.” A TIMESHARE IS A TIMESHARE IS A TIMESHARE... Don’t get sucked in by the kind talkers only to be bullied by the hard-core sales team! Vacation Village is a blood-sucker.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We arrived at the property & went to the front desk. On saying that we had a booking the response we got was "What about it." Our booking could not be found even though we arrived on the second day of our booking. We were then allocated the last building which is No 19 which is a good 18 to 20 minute walk. Even though there is a shuttle there are fixed time that they operate. We later that day approached the manager who changed our rooms.

The customer service manager had emailed us that there was a promotion going on wherein we would receive a voucher from the customer service desk. On approaching the desk they told me that we cannot give you the offer. When I ask him why he said that I required to be have American address. On informing him that my son was studying here, he changed & said that he had to have a permanent job & that I should speak to the manager. Next day we went to see the manager as she was on leave earlier. She wasn't there but another lady there said that she could help us & the manager was not required. On checking the room she asked us where we were from. She then said, "I cannot help you & you should speak to the manager only."

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

This is a big scam! Our 90 minute tour ended up being 3 hours and 15 minutes... even though we stressed we had another commitment. We were met by our salesman, David, who was very nice. He informed us that he was taking us out to breakfast in his personal car - so glad my husband was with me! Drove around Williamsburg some then to restaurant and made small talk for almost an hour - again we stressed being on a timeframe. Toured a unit. Discussed cost - almost $35k for one week plus annual maintenance fee and usage fee. But, if we committed right then it would be only $28k. If you finance it, interest rate was very high. We said no... so he called his manager, Michael. We told Michael no and he leaves for a few minutes and comes back with a just turned in unit from Florida for $10k and 2 weeks.

We still said no. David drove us to “check out” and we were met by Colby. He had another great deal for 2 weeks in Florida (Executive Ownership Plan) for only $5k. Again we said no. He leaves and comes back and offers us one week in Williamsburg for $4k. What? Earlier the one week in Williamsburg was $35k!! That difference of $31k is HUGE for the same thing. We refuse to do business with scammers like this. BUYER BEWARE! No way could this tour be only 90 minutes. If you buy one week and only use one week a year, add the annual maintenance fee to the usage fee to get your true one week cost. If you love vacationing for a week at a time, just do not say yes to begin with - it will cost you BIG! Let them keep “finding” less expensive deals for you. Slimy business practices in my opinion.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My husband and I were selected for a free getaway at Williamsburg Plantation in Virginia. We thought it was a scam, so I read as much information as I found about it. Although the reviews were not good, we decided to give it a shot since it was close to our hometown, if anything, we could just go back home. Turned out to be a great experience! The hotel was beautiful, clean, spacious and the staff very friendly. We were mesmerized!

Next morning we went for the timeshare presentation - the whole purpose of the getaway giveaway. We were worried that the designated people would be pushy and would make the whole experience a nightmare. But on the contrary, we were very satisfied with that. The saleswoman Jennifer, her director Ira and her manager David were fun, friendly and polite. After negotiating for a while - and please do not be afraid to bargain - my husband and I disagreed on this being the right time to buy it. But if you plan to take a vacation regularly, I recommend these people. Thanks to Vacation Village Resorts and Williamsburg Plantation for providing us with such a great time!

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
        2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
        Ft. Lauderdale