Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Travel

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

This was an extremely AWFUL experience. My mom and I went down because she "won" a trip. Our rep was very nice and upfront but when we went to sign papers to purchase a timeshare we soon realized it wasn't a good idea. Before we could finish processing I had asked about the gift cards that she had won but Sheron says "I think you signed them over". I said that isn't true. The gift cards weren't ever mentioned until I questioned about them. Let's just say it went downhill from there. They kept trying to tell me that there was a misunderstanding on my end but I can't understand something that was NEVER mentioned. Trust me it gets WORSE. So before they could process anything further I withdrew and told my mom if she wanted to continue with out me she could so of course she said, "NO."

Sheron then tells us to go downstairs and he'll be with us shortly. I decided to stay onsite where we were and didn't ride back with them to the office. They have you to go to for your "tour". They ended up making her an extremely great deal which was a 4 bedroom for 4,000 total. So they give my mom her gift card with her $75.00 deposit and another gift card that was supposed to have $200.00 on it. It had a balance of $0.00 which is why I advised her to check it while she was there but she said so much was going on she forgot. Please keep in mind they tell you that the tour only last for 90 minutes, my mom was with them from 9AM until 4:45 PM. We had to drive back to the office to see why the money hadn't made it onto the gift card as promised.

Brenda which is who sold my mom the TS told her that she signed it over when we were onsite and it would be refunded back onto the VISA card within 5 business days. So I decided to go in to reconcile this matter because I was there the entire time and there was NEVER a form signed that said she agreed to that. The receptionist explained to me the procedure because she was the one that did it. She showed us the BLANK form she sends over to the resort that my mom would've had to sign to make it legal.

Both my mom and I advised that we NEVER seen that piece of paper however her signature was on it so we were not only confused but pissed off as well because that forgery. The receptionist asked if we would like to speak with someone in upper management which we agreed to. Jewel was standing around the entire time so they went into a little room behind the desk to discuss it and while speaking with Jewel she advised us that they send the form overfilled in and all the applicant would've needed to do was sign their name.

HOWEVER the lady had just explained to us that it's sent over BLANK so there was yet ANOTHER LIE. If you must purchase a TS I advise going to a different company, this company has a 1 star rating for obvious reasons. They are very untrustworthy. They appear to be very friendly but that's just a mask they wear to try to get you to purchase their product. My best advice would be to say NO and stick to it.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I received a letter saying I had won a gift card after entering a contest at local event. I did enter the the contest. The only way I could collect my gift card is to go to their nearby resort and listen to their timeshare presentation. And I had to book by the end of the month. After reading the timeshare presentation experiences of others, I opted out. So it seems I did not win a gift card after all. The woman on the phone was very pleasant though.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I purchased a timeshare on purpose because I love to travel. I bought a TS with VV because it is a gold crown which means I can stay at Gold Crown resorts. I have yet to stay at my home resort because I exchange it to stay other places. I am able to get a condo for $160/week, plus 3 more for my friends and family. My friend used my timeshare benefits which costed her $300 cheaper than an Airbnb in the same location. I love Vacation Village resorts, as well as other places I've stayed for cheap/great accommodations. i.e.Hancock, MA, Orlando, Breezy Point, MN. My timeshare cost $14,000. work on the even year, but still get 3 extra vacation weeks plus last minute vacations where I don't have to use my points!!!! My family, friends and I love it!!!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I won a trip to Williamsburg, VA from a Bridal show and I was told my fiance and I would have to go to a 90min presentation in order to get the weekend for free. We went Sunday morning and were told it would be a "tour". What I did not know is that we would be kidnapped away from our car for 2.5 hours for the most unimpressive presentation of all time. We had to drive to a separate, really shabby looking office located in a Holiday Inn parking lot. As soon as we got there, the sales rep Jessica asked us to get into her car to get breakfast, which honestly made me a little uncomfortable to just hop in a strangers car with no means of escape. We are taken back to the resort we just came from, to a condo (which was nice) on another resort that they were trying to sell, then back again to the resort we were originally at. Just so much traveling and walking around when my fiancé was recovering from a knee surgery he got less than 2 months prior.

We were told prior to attending the presentation that there was no pressure to buy in, they just wanted to show people the resort and Williamsburg to encourage future vacations. However, the high-pressure sales pitch told us otherwise. The sales rep was trying to make us feel stupid for not buying a timeshare. I told her I'm not trying to make a $35,000 commitment on a whim when I don't even own a house yet, we are saving for our wedding, and my fiancé and I have over $200,000 of student debt combined. This is obviously a company that does not care about you. Luckily, I already know about timeshares and I am not the gullible idiot they thought I was because they say nothing about the annual fees and taxes you pay on a timeshare as well, even after you're done paying it off. It's also an investment that is only valid as long as the company is still in business.

After being trapped for 2.5 hours, we declined politely and immediately the sales rep Jessica turned nasty and we still had to drive back with her to the resort! If I had known how nasty she would be, I would not have gone on the trip at all. It seriously ruined my day that people would try to poach me for my money and then treat me badly. Also- what idiot wants a timeshare in WILLIAMSBURG VIRGINIA?? Sorry we weren't the idiots you were hoping we were and sorry your cheap business tactics (seedy breakfast buffet, 90 second video of clips around the world and weird worksheet scribble thing) did not work on us! At least be professional when people decline your fraudulent business proposal because now I am posting this review on several platforms so people know what kind of business you conduct.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I own a timeshare with Vacation Village. While I am not (yet) disappointed with my actual timeshare, I am disappointed with their customer service. No one seems to know anything or be of any use. I called about a 1099 for for taxes. One woman told me she would email it to me at 9 am the day I called. Of course I never received it. When I called back the next day, they transferred to the same department and all of sudden they don’t handle 1099 forms. After explaining this to me, she gave me a number that didn’t work. It’s like pulling teeth to get anything done with them. It’s like no one knows anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I foolishly went to a sales presentation for a timeshare with Vacation Villages at Parkway in Orlando. The deal sounded too good to be true. Well, it was. I asked the sales person for several clarifications and was told false information on many points. They assured me that what they were saying was true. I wrote down all the answers to questions I had. They bold face lied to me. When I called the trading company (RCI) after the sale they informed me that I could only get 1 week of vacation when I was told that I could get 6-10 weeks!! I’m setting aside my embarrassment at being so foolish and telling you, please, learn from my horrendous experience and stay away from all time shares (I was lied to by the Diamond company as well.) Go on reputable travel sites and book there. It is much cheaper in the end. I didn’t have the option of giving it zero stars. A one is much too generous!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I wish I could give them 0 stars. This place is horrible. They are extremely unprofessional and will do anything to sell their scam timeshare product, including insulting potential customers. Stay away from this company!!! They will try to entice you with free gifts, but these gifts have so many strings attached.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

A 90 minute tour turned into 4 hr and 45 minutes. The timeshare salesman takes you to a restaurant, then one of their clubhouse locations, then to another clubhouse location, then back to the first clubhouse location. Which means that they take you from your car and you have no way to leave because they have you ride with them. Even after telling the salesman we had to leave FIVE times, he kept refusing to take us back to our car because he just needed "to show us one more thing." After 3 HOURS PAST THE SCHEDULED TOUR and saying "NO WE ARE NOT INTERESTED" over 50 times...we were taken back to the first location was where to our car and to get our "gifts."

The $100 gift card you get and the "getaways" are NOT WORTH YOUR TIME WASTED. The "getaways" have so many restrictions, which includes expiring in a year, having to book 45-60 days in advance, no booking on holidays, no booking on weekends, no booking July 20-September 5, no rescheduling, you must pick 3 dates, you must mail in the request form with the dates you want to arrive (no scheduling online or over the phone available!), etc, etc. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM! PLEASE READ THE REVIEWS AND DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We got a cold call from a very kind woman who explained that, for $75, we could make a reservation in Las Vegas at any time for our two nights, along with a presentation. We’ve done this before, so we agreed to pay the $75. They sent an email confirmation with a totally different name, so it went to my junk box. I called a month later and had them re-send it.

When I just called to make a reservation for the fall, I was told we could not extend it out that far. The fine ‘talk’ said ‘anytime', the fine print said "within six months.” A TIMESHARE IS A TIMESHARE IS A TIMESHARE... Don’t get sucked in by the kind talkers only to be bullied by the hard-core sales team! Vacation Village is a blood-sucker.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We arrived at the property & went to the front desk. On saying that we had a booking the response we got was "What about it." Our booking could not be found even though we arrived on the second day of our booking. We were then allocated the last building which is No 19 which is a good 18 to 20 minute walk. Even though there is a shuttle there are fixed time that they operate. We later that day approached the manager who changed our rooms.

The customer service manager had emailed us that there was a promotion going on wherein we would receive a voucher from the customer service desk. On approaching the desk they told me that we cannot give you the offer. When I ask him why he said that I required to be have American address. On informing him that my son was studying here, he changed & said that he had to have a permanent job & that I should speak to the manager. Next day we went to see the manager as she was on leave earlier. She wasn't there but another lady there said that she could help us & the manager was not required. On checking the room she asked us where we were from. She then said, "I cannot help you & you should speak to the manager only."

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
      2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
      Ft. Lauderdale