Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Travel

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Vacation Village Resorts Reviews

Original review: May 16, 2016

My fiance and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas with a with a few of our friends. Of course part of the deal was to sit through a timeshare presentation in order to get our boarding passes. From the get go this company had us at their disposal. We had to catch a shuttle at 8am from our hotel they put us in that was filthy. The shuttle driver crammed us in there. I was separated from my group, told "You're tiny, sit in the back." The only child on the shuttle was forced to sit on the floor. She was terrified, asking if this was legal while her mom had to sit on the wheel well. We arrive at the presentation center and wait in line for 30 more minutes.

Meanwhile, waiting to see if we meet up with our group, we then meet our sales rep for the timeshares who is all nice and takes us in her car to breakfast. Then finally come back and hear her nonsense we leave again them taking us to their owned timeshare properties showing us models of apartments. Finally once again we sit down and they force numbers at us. We say no. They show us lower rates. Then she realized that I am a nurse so she went to her manager "Uncle Ed" and they came back with lower numbers since I now all of a sudden get a discount. We were told we were stupid if we didn't take this offer. Yet when I said no, once again we were brought an even lower offer.

A total of 4 offers were shown which we turned down. Uncle Ed started getting rude and said he would show us one more. These offers started at 30k and in matter of 45 minutes dropped to 10k. I said no once again and his demeanor completely changed. He stormed off and did not come back. We then were finally after 5 hours taken to get our boarding passes. Just when we thought we were done the last guys again offered us a timeshare that was now done to 4k. I at this time was extremely mad and said "I have said no 5 times today and you are not understanding. I will say it one more time." Overall, this was the biggest waste of time and some of the best sales reps were there who change their demeanor and become ** when they figure out they can't suck in and rip off a young couple. DO NOT DO IT!!!

Original review: April 24, 2016

We are timeshare owners at vacation village resort at Disney. Vacation village contacted us because we pay our fees on time. We get a free vacation without using points 1x a year. Once they went thru - the cruise would have cost $800 or a night stay at any other resort for $200. Offering that we can make an average of $500 a year by using our benefits at not charge to us.

Of course, we had to go thru a presentation 45 minutes, one thing my husband hates. After saying no because we would be forced to go thru the presentation -- Since we did not like the idea of (1) having to pay the $198 on the same day, and (2) having to sit thru a presentation, we said no. The woman, Laura, was rude and her tone was one of speaking to people who refuse to make an extra money. This intimidation or condescending act I do not appreciate.

Original review: April 6, 2016

I went to a timeshare presentation with this organization. First off they kept us there for almost 4 hours. When we would tell them no they would pretend to get our ship passes. Then someone else would come out to try to pressure us into buying. They had different people that tried to pressure us into purchasing timeshares. One of the sales people told my husband that he didn't need me to purchase a timeshare, he could purchase a timeshare without me. At that point, I just drew the line and told them we had already been there for 4 hours and I demand my ship tickets. This is a awful company with dogmatic sale people. They try to pressure you into purchasing using bullying tactics. Be very careful with them. Because of their disrespectful behavior I would not buy a single thing from them. Don't do it.

Original review: March 23, 2016

Please be careful if you're invited to the timeshare presentation! My sales rep was very rude, persistent, insulting and I was, "trapped" for almost 4 hours. I learned that several young, naive people, "bought" and several older, gullible people, "bought" the timeshare. I predict that it will be very difficult to use the timeshare and extremely hard to transfer to another location for an expensive fee! I was told that you have a 48 hour window to cancel the transaction. It's interesting that I was on a two-day cruise to the Bahamas after the presentation. I pity the people who bought the timeshare story and then leave the country for the 48 hours during which they have a chance to regain their perspective on the deal. Buyer beware!

Original review: March 22, 2016

We were offered a stay at Williamsburg Plantation through Vacation Village Resorts. When they called to offer us the stay over the phone, I asked if it was a timeshare and was told no (they failed to mention is a very similar concept to a timeshare). Girl on the phone said we would get a free weekend stay in Williamsburg and a $150 VISA Gift Card once we went on a 90-minute 'tour' of the property. We thought that sounded bearable so we ahead and scheduled our weekend trip.

Sunday, the day we were leaving, was completely miserable. When we signed up for the 'tour', we were explicitly told that we were required to be there for 90 minutes, but that they were not legally allowed to keep us past that amount of time for us to be able to receive our gift (the VISA card). Randy was our representative. He was very nice and pleasant to ride with (I was really not comfortable at first riding in someone else's car). Now, they will tell you over and over and over again that they are not pushy and they will not force this plan on you. They 'understand it's not for everyone' and just want to 'show you what's great about it'. We heard so many times that are not pushy. BELIEVE ME, THEY ARE PUSHY. I don't think I've ever experienced pushier sales people.

After about 2 hours (I was being considerate since our guy was really nice and obviously trying to make a sale - just his job) I informed him it had been 120 minutes and asked if we could leave, since we were only required to stay 90 minutes. He looked confused and asked who told us that. I stated that the person who originally did our booking AND the girl at the complex who booked our tour. He said he was sorry, but he had to continue and finish because his manager required it. So, at my fiancé's desire to be considerate of him giving his sales pitch, we continued and walked around the complex. We were told this 'resort' (quite a stretch to call it that) was a 'gold level' resort, trading at the highest level. We were floored that it wasn't silver or bronze. It was not our idea of luxurious, top notch accommodations at all.

The policy after we say no a certain number of times is for the salesperson to get their manager to come over and talk to us and see what we don't like about the deal. Now, this woman's name was Ann ** and she was one of the rudest people I've ever encountered. Her tone was condescending and she talked to us like we were children who didn't know what was best for our needs. WHY wouldn't we want to accept this great deal?! Seriously?! Gosh, you must be stupid then. My anger level was so high I just bit my tongue and give her a fake smile, saying nothing. We let her do her rehearsed speech and then again, 'no, thank you', 'no, thank you', 'no, thank you'. She was incredibly unpleasant to be around.

So, after 3 hours (twice the amount of time we were promised we could leave after) and them FINALLY accepting our 'no' after about 5 different price reductions, we were able to leave. We had to go BACK to the original spot with our car and talk to one of the big wigs, who AGAIN tried to lower our price (seriously, if you are considering purchasing this, wait until the very, very last moment when one of the higher level folks are asking for your feedback on the experience). Here, we gave our candid opinion on Ann and our pleasant experience with Randy, although much pushier than he claimed he would be. We were allowed to get our gift card leave and at this point we had spent about 3.5 hours there. MISERABLE.

Overall, we were glad to have the weekend in Williamsburg, but honestly, that experience was so frustrating that I wouldn't do it over again for a free weekend. In closing, this IS indeed a free weekend, but be aware of the headache the 'tour' will likely cause. Another note: My fiancé saw this company, Vacation Village Resorts at a vendor show recently and told him about our experience. He was actually very shocked about the time we were required to spend there and pulled up the actual contract that had the 90 Minutes Maximum clause in there. He was sorry we were 'held hostage' there for over 3 hours. I doubt they will change though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Village Resorts?

Original review: March 16, 2016

I stayed at Vacation Village in March 2015. Doing the time I went on a presentation that was suppose to last 90-minutes but it lasted much longer. A guy name Mark was my tourist. Three hours later he started trying to sell me timeshare for $42000. I let him know that I can't afford that. So he said "let me talk to my boss". He went and talked to his suppose to be boss and they said it is a property that is in foreclosure for $12000. And I can put $2025 down and pay $254 a month for the next five years. I was told that we will get 10 weeks every two years plus two bonus weeks. My closing officer name is Pamela **.

In January 2016, I called and tried to reserve a trip and that's when I found out the truth. I found out that I am under the points system and I can use the bonus week until 45 days before the trip. I tried calling and plead my case but unfortunately I stuck with this useless timeshare. I WOULD LIKE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AND IF ANYONE ON HERE IS INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I am a single mother who just wanted my kids to experience the world and this company scammed me.

Original review: March 8, 2016

We were promised false perks in the name of timeshare. We spent undue energy stating our case - to no avail. They sold us something worthless under misrepresentation. They claim it has value but if it were so valuable, why will they not buy it back?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

I love traveling and Orlando is one of my favorite places. Being introduced to the timeshare concept at Vacation Village in I thought this was a good idea because I liked the location and the Hotel. The way this concept was explained to me sounded perfect. I decided to buy a week membership and thought this would be perfect. When I wanted to use it for the first time - THE NIGHTMARE STARTED. When I bought it - I knew I was coming back in 3 months. I even asked the salesperson if I would be able to use it then - and he said "sure - no problem." When I wanted to use it I found out that the registration in the system took forever - so I had to travel without being able to use my ownership - and book into a different Hotel.

I called office after office - being put on hold - being told "this is not my department" - being given a new number - a new department - a new person -who would not answer - or tell me the same- "this is not my department" - or they would never call me back. I also found out that there were so many expenses that were not talked about in the presentation that it was overwhelming. THE WHOLE PRESENTATION WAS A BIG LIE. I bought in in July and tried to sell it in September since I was not able to use it in October - without any luck..

The next year I used my weeks but was put in an apartment that was not even close to the one that was in the presentation. I also had troubles with the week because it is not flexible so I had to come on a certain day which is not ok for me - coming from Europe. I want to be able to get into a Hotel the day it suits me - so I decided to UPGRADE to points - that is more flexible.

When I went on vacation in 2014 I called before leaving Europe to ask for a good location because I was bringing my mom who was 80. When we came it was not ok. We had to ask to be changed. At the apartment we were changed into there were BUGS UNDER THE CARPET IN THE LIVING ROOM AND IN THE BATHROOM and it had to be cleaned in a certain way so we had to stay out for some hours.

We also had the experience of being locked out of the apartment when we came home tired after a long day at Disney - because the key was not valid. They had forgotten to registrate all the weeks we were up for. Another experience was that the cleaning people came early in the morning because they thought we had left - it was in their papers that our weeks were over and we had a week and a half left. They did not believe us - so it became A THING - back and forth with them and the management - until it was settled - WE WERE RIGHT - THEY WERE WRONG!!!

The next year I am being billed for 2 maintenance fees - as another surprise. When I contacted them in 2015 about this they told me I only had to pay for the new point membership - and I did. For 2016 I got a new bill for 2 maintenance fees - I ask them again and I'm being told that I have 2 memberships - 1 week every year and 1 point every other year. THIS WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED - NOT WHAT WE AGREED ON - NOT EVEN WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT. IT WAS ALL NEW TO ME. Maybe that is why the salespeople "hide behind the curtains" while the paperwork people are doing their job - so the truth about their lies won't be revealed?

My experience with the salespeople at vacation village is that they are either - crooks - incompetent in doing their job - or that this is a big scam. It is so frustrating living so far away - not being able to walk in to their office and tell them face to face what a nightmare this is. I FEEL SO FRUSTRATED - WHAT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA HAS TURNED IN TO A NIGHTMARE. If anyone has any suggestions of how to get out of this - please help.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Look these people up on tripadvisor.com. I wish I had before going there. It is like timeshare sales but are like a travel agent. You get $100.00 Visa card and $50.00 "dough dining" card. We weren't buying and they didn't tell us about the 3-4 grand you have to put down that day. They said over and over all you ever have to pay is $189.00. When the boss came over to pay us she said we were all liars and we all misunderstood, all 4 of us. She was yelling at us like children. We were the last ones in the room so she said for us to sit down, shut up and listen to her.

She told us "you better listen to me every word and you will not get your 100.00 Visa card until I am done". When she was finally done they sent another sales person over to offer it to us for even less cash. We declined, asked for our money again and now they say they lost the other couple's paperwork so they won't get paid the Visa 100.00 card and the $50.00 restaurant card that only had a bunch of poor rated places on it like pizza or subs. This was suppose to take 45 minutes to an hour tops. We got out of there after 2 hours and 42 minutes. They have you stuck there because we were not losing #300.00 total. I could go on but you get the gist of it. Stay away. Not even worth a grand. Now I know why so many walked out.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Hello, I am Brazilian. I was fooled by sellers of Vacation Village and RCI. I was at the resort in September 2015 and they sold me an enterprise called Timeshare. I paid at the moment around $3.000. But the seller did not inform me about taxes they are charging me now worth $ 817.00. I demand the cancellation of the contract and my money back.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2015

When we arrived to the resort they put us into a room and when we got there the night light was on the door so we cannot get into a room and we had to wait one hour for someone to come and undo the night latch from the outside. Then while at the pool someone had defecated into the pool and signs were put up. But they only used one small bag of shock for a 70000-gallon pool. After about 30 minutes they open the pool back up without testing it. We tried to get them to test the pool and column manager up to the pool.

Another lady who we do not know called health services and ground security came out to the pool. They said they had tested it but clearly had not. After a while going back and forth with management they tried to evict us on Christmas Day because we wanted to see the chemical reading on the pool. But said we had caused ruckus. All the customers that were there around the pool had also sent in complaints. My mother had to beg and plead to stay because we are 20 hours away from home and it was already 5 pm. We had nowhere else to go. They did not even try to cope with us. They just weren't going to have it. This is the worst place to stay. They are very rude and the Wi-Fi is very awful. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

I went to go to their presentation. They told me because I was a single man I could not go. If I was a single woman I could go or a married couple. They discriminate against men. They won't let a man go to their presentation and get the gifts that they give out. This is very bad discrimination against man and woman. Do not buy anything from Vacation. Zoiee just anxious.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2015

When we bought our timeshare we were told all the buildings were the same. Our last vacation there RCI messed up our dates and we had to leave a day early. The resort offed another day at an outrageous price and RCI said they couldn't find another room there. Strange! We traveled with our dog this time and were put in a building that was for pet owners. It was nothing like the rooms we were showed. It was old, musty, small, and didn't have the amenities of the other units. They should have showed the older units with the newer ones so you would know what you're getting. Especially since you see people in the newer units with pets and especially when you own there. When we purchased they also didn't tell us we couldn't exchange for Disney Resorts because you had to have bought at least 50 miles away from Disney.

I also get tired of every time we go there they want to push you to go on another presentation. I own there, why would I want to. We also were not told that if you carry points over from another year, even if you try to use them before they expire, you haves to pay the $149 fee to extend your points and then they can be used. They used to have wonderful pool towels at the pools and now the towels for the pool are worse than bath towels, so bring your own. I fully enjoy vacationing there as long as I don't bring the dog, but she has separation issues. I've been very displeased at how owners of this resort get treated. You would think they would be treated better than anyone.

Original review: May 30, 2015

The people were great when I bought my timeshare. They told me I could call my Rep any time & he would always be there. I have left countless messages since 2013 when I bought it. NO ONE has called back yet. I was told if I didn't vacation, I could transfer to RCI. I wasn't aware of the fees from RCI. Why do I have to pay RCI for my weeks? It's the largest atm fee I ever had to pay. Why is there a middle man? Why doesn't Vacation Village have a free system where my pts are held? Seems like another way to get more money.

Original review: May 25, 2015

My family & I have recently visited Vacation Villages at parkway (5/22/15 to be exact), and received discounted Universal theme park tickets for doing so. The entire staff was very friendly, outgoing & knowledgeable on what they were selling. Their happy go lucky attitudes definitely decreased once they realized we were not interested in purchasing anything, and were quickly rushed out to wait and catch a shuttle back to the lot our car was in. Mind you they were chauffeuring us around all morning in their own personal cars, from 930am till they dumped us out of their building around 1:30-2ish. I realize how this process works and wasn't surprised. Everyone was still friendly enough & can't complain. We still got our discounted tickets, which I'm sure this company buys enough theme park tickets in bulk that selling them discounted to us is actually cost for them & they aren't losing any money on that deal.

However my boyfriend & our son had never been to Universal so on the last day of our trip we decided to check it out. We had already been to Discovery cove, SeaWorld, dinner with Shamu, Aquatica, Fun Spot, Indoor Skydiving, you name it, on our recent trip. So we definitely didn't mind trying to save a few bucks on Universal tickets but we're going to buy them either way (mind you we still spent over $200 & almost 4hrs on these tix, they weren't free). This is where we first encountered ** who at first site looked like she truly hated her job dolling out theme park tickets to all the families coming through like a personality lacking robot. Had no issue with her at that moment, but would think an outgoing sales type of business would prefer a more friendly person as one of the faces of their company.

Unfortunately for us, my boyfriend stuck our tickets in a loose cargo pant pocket, and somewhere between the 15-20min wait at the shuttle stop & the shuttle ride back to our car at the welcome center (where sales rep had picked us up earlier that morning) he had lost the tickets. We looked everywhere in and around our car. I immediately went into the welcome center and made them aware of our dilemma. The women at the desk there were more than friendly, and willing to try to help resolve our problem as best they could, after all we did PAY for these tickets.

They called the woman who was driving the shuttle. She said the tickets were not in the shuttle. They also called to speak with ** to get our ticket #'s. One of the women mentioning ** may not be clear on what # to give and to be specific on which # to look for (isn't this something the person dealing with the tickets should be well aware of?). We had to wait for ** to look & call us back, all the while the women were joking about how ** had no patience and basically acted like she never had time for anything (not a good personality trait for her position).

She called back with #'s so we went straight to Universal (which by this time it was already after 3pm) to use them... child's ticket # was correct but according the guy at ticket window adult tickets were missing 3 #'s a piece. We called Vacation Villages & spoke with ** (who by the way is apparently a manager, lol). She gave us two different #'s that also did not work. I then asked her what the deal was and she said to check my receipt, that it clearly states they are not responsible for lost or stolen property & that they had no real way of tracking our ticket #'s, that she was basically guessing what our ticket #'s where, & that she had sold about 25 tickets to Universal that day (wow 25 lol), & was on a new batch & had no way to go back and look at what our ticket #'s were.

And that this was our loss, & that they could no longer help us (It was obvious that she had no idea what she was talking about, and was trying to pull answers out of her you know what). That's when we decided to head back to the office where ** was located to hopefully speak to someone who was more knowledgeable in their position & had a more friendly customer service attitude. It was just our luck that it was only ** who was available. My boyfriend was the first of us to try to speak with her. She quickly dismissed him giving him no answer or reasoning. I then went in to speak with her armed with common sense & logic, knowing that I paid for these tickets & there must be some record of my purchase on their end. She was forced to pull out all 25 of the receipts (lol again), and lo & behold, there were the #'s that were missing.

Now it's past 5pm and Universal closes at 9pm, after re-parking, renting a stroller for my 5yr old son (whose been up since 7:45am waiting to go to Universal) and having to have them re-issue tickets, we maybe spent 3 hours there. And I'd say at least one of those hours was spent waiting in lines. Long story short I would not recommend anyone to Vacation Villages because of **'s negative attitude & total disregard of customer service. If this is how people are treated after making a purchase with your company I would be very afraid of making a larger purchase like a time share...

I truly hope you consider retraining this woman if she wants to continue to deal with customers. She needs to be 100% knowledgeable on her position & how to handle all situations that may arise. As well as how to keep a positive customer service attitude, and to just plain smile. Maybe a behind the scenes job might better suit her? She almost ruined our last day of vacation (she definitely delayed it & cut it short) because she either A. did not know how to do her job... Or B. was lazy & did not care.

Original review: May 5, 2015

Don't buy here. I brought my family and in-laws here. They put each family in different rooms,because some only speak another language. Then they like others gang up with 2 or 3 people talking how good it is. They never put anything in writing, in their language. They had 4 people trying to push me in to buying. My mom gave in at the third and bought, and the in-law gave in at the third person too. The biggest problem was their paper work was all in English. They can read English. The bottom line is they feel they did a bait and switch. I stated they needed it in their language and they didn't so when it goes to court I am sure honesty over a team of lairs wont prevail.

Original review: April 8, 2015

I was told that it was a 90 minute presentation. I had to give my boarding pass when I first entered. I was there almost 5 hours repeatedly telling them I was not interested. They almost had my wife sign a $30,000 dollar deal. I stopped it. We spent 15,000. It still has left a sour taste in my mouth. I didn't do the research. It's a bad deal. All the tricks, the music is very high, they tell you so others don't hear about the great deal you are getting. The truth is they do this so when you keep telling them no nobody else can hear you. They don't tell you about the fees such as water, electricity and other fees. They were rude and the sales pitch is very intense even if they tell you at the beginning that there is no pressure. Avoid at all cost.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I booked a 3 week vacation in April 2014 as was recommended by the management to ensure a suite suitable that is our needs as my wife has mobility problems. Also the front desk said to call a week before arrival to confirm our needs. I called the front desk receptionist and put in my request as close elevator and at the receptionist we had a choice of pool side or Disney. We arrive later in the day at 10:30 pm and are given a room that is furtherest from elevator with a view of parking lot and Forest. I do not appreciate being offered one thing and switching at last minute to a back room. Be honest in what you offer, don't offer a promise and not provide. PS, requested a cot playpen- not in room as requested on Jan 11.

Original review: May 26, 2014

When I did buy they would not get a ride back to my hotel and treated me badly and so did management. I was there for 8 hours by myself. They were rude. I called for help but no one would help. They told me to call a taxi for 50 dollars.

Original review: May 3, 2010

I have a contract with Williamsburg Plantation that states as long as I make my payments on time, I get two weeks vacation anywhere in the world from their list of countries/cities. I have had timeshare since May 2002 and it has been working out great, there have been no issues up until 2009. I called to use my weeks and was told I did not have any weeks, I was never given a clear answer as to why not. I was current with my payments, I hadn't used my weeks the previous year, and every time I tried calling to fix the problem they would always transfer my call to another associate or say they would call me back.

I immediately stopped payments to my account, refused to pay until I could get a straight answer. 2010 has come and they are continuously calling me in regards to payments from my account. I have no problem paying and setting the account back to current, once I get my vacation weeks from 2009, and 2010 can be promised. I have now taken this up to my lawyer, and hope to get a response from Vacation Village in this way.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2010

Vacation Village is running a scam. They coerced me into giving a credit card deposit. When I called the next day to complain about being given a hotel room instead of a suite, then they revealed that the "deposit" was non-refundable. They will not answer or return my calls. They have not the slightest interest in resolving this conflict. They seem quite happy to have stolen my hard earned money. They have no concern for my satisfaction or their responsibility to honest business practices. Vacation Village & their parent company Berkeley group are scam artists. Avoid them at all costs.

Original review: April 5, 2006

Bobby Lester sold us a timeshare October 2005. When he sold us the time share he said we would receive a memeber ship to RCI that would allow us to use unlimited $99 3 day getaways and $149 1 week getaways without having to touch the weeks we own. He said that we could book these vacation through RCI as little as two days before travel with no black out periods, but for busy seasons we would need to book at least 60 days in advance.

For the last five months we have been passed back and forth between Vacation Village at Parkway customer service dept, Bobby Lester and RCI being told that the vacations do exist confirming the price we where told when we purchased the vaction, but that we would need to wait until we received our "welcome package" before we could book a vacation. Today April 5, 2006 I finally recieved the package. I called to book our first vacation and I was told that the person who sold me the time share lied and that I would need to take my complaint up with them.

Vacation Village Resorts Company Information

1983
      2626 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
      Ft. Lauderdale