Find a Travel Insurance partner

2. Travel
  3. Travel Insurance

3.8/5 (211 ratings)

Insure your next trip with Generali Global Services

Choose from 3 different plans today!

Get a Quote
Find a Travel Insurance partner

About Trip Mate Insurance

Trip Mate Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trip Mate Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trip Mate Insurance?

Original review: June 17, 2021

I got Trip Mate for free when booking my travel with Beaches Resort in Jamaica. We had a claim and began to process it, the amount of info and very personal information to file the claim was awful. We also purchased Allianz insurance because we have used it in the past and they are so much better and thorough. I would never purchase Trip Mate insurance. I am a bit surprised that they are allowed to ask for the info needed to file a claim.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Contacted Trip Mate who denied our request for a refund even though The Greece border has been closed to tourists. I paid extra money for travel insurance last year just in case this happened and now Trip Mate flat out denied my request! How can they deny a request when the government shut down travel and they are an travel insurance company!

Get buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2021

My wife and I scheduled a flight to the Philippine islands. The govt restricted incoming flights, require a 14 day quarantine in a hotel of their choice. Mom in law traveling with us is restricted from leaving the home after quarantine. Only there for two weeks, not worth it. Trip Mate refused refund twice. CheapoAir came through and refunded us. Inflexible, hard to reach, will not refer for future to my family who travels a lot! Thank you CheapoAir!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I’ve been dealing WITH Trip Mate since March 2020. Till February 8th 2021 constant I might add. Anyway good news for you all (I do hope all). I ran into an acquaintance yesterday 2/10/2021. He said call the airline you were booked with. LO AND BEHOLD! I called United. 5 minute call and all was resolved!! You do not need to go through tripmate! The airline can see you never went on the flight and you have a credit with them. I hope this helps! Like I said. Wasted too many days/hours with trip mate. And resolved in 5 minutes. I’d love to know how you make out.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

2020, what a year, right? 2020 was the year we found out what everyone was made of. Politicians, people, and companies. My wife and I booked a trip to a Writers Conference in 2020. We booked it when Covid was just starting, but didn't seem like it was going to last through the entire year, and the trip was late in the year that we thought it would be good. So, for the first time, we decided to buy trip insurance. We looked it over, and it seemed like if something went wrong, we could fall on the insurance.

We were wrong. We booked through Priceline, and the "insurance" was through a place called Trip Mate through the Priceline website. Well, it turned out the conference was canceled. We were able to get our money back on the conference and the hotel we book. However, when we tried to submit a claim for airfare, which was a bit complicated to figure out how to do so, we were denied. The truth comes out. Trip Mate is a joke, their insurance company is a scam, and they will not give you your money back. I'm extremely disappointed in the company, and disappointed with Priceline for recommending them. I plan to NEVER use Priceline or Trip Mate ever again, and will tell everyone to avoid them. 0/5 Stars. Everyone avoid. It is a SCAM!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

TripMate deserves zero stars. Customer service is absolutely inexistent, they will not refund your money. Coronavirus has exposed its shady scheme. I submitted a claim in March 2020 and it's been 10 months without any response. They have to pay for this.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

This is my third time booking a trip with the Trip Mate I am canceling my son's trip because Explorica is not sure if they’re even going to go on the trip on the schedule date. My son has to be at his military training three days after he returns, due to the pandemic I’m not sure if he would have to quarantine when he gets back or if he goes to Spain or France if they will detain the travelers and he might not make it back on time. I purchased the travel cancel for any reason insurance all three times. They are not giving me my full refund because they said it’s not a covered reason. This is cancel for any reason...Somebody need investigate this company because they are tricking travelers into purchasing this fraudulent insurance. Brad Finkle is a the ambassador/CEO.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

If there were zero stars that's what I would rate that. We are in the midst of a GLOBAL PANDEMIC. We obviously booked our trip not knowing this would be an issue. We had to cancel since we are not able to meet the quarantine requirements and TripMate is not issuing any refund. Horrible customer service and STEALING money.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

My wife and I cancelled a trip in March of 2020 due to Covid risk to our health. (The trip organizer actually cancelled 2 days later.) We filed a claim. They do not answer the phone, so your only source of information is an online claim status system. Nothing happened for months and then the status system said they had sent a request for more information. We finally got it over a month later. Then they decided against us before receiving our information response. Then the online status said they had sent a letter of explanation. Never received until I repeatedly asked them to resend. Now they have denied us again, said they sent a letter of explanation, and almost a month later, we still do not have it.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

While traveling oversea two months ago. I subscribed a travel policy insurance with this company. My flight was delayed for two consecutive days leaving the USA.. I finally traveled and went back in the USA.. I contacted them and was asked to submit all details of my delayed trip which I did. After 10 days they wrote to me and asking me to write to the airlines company so they can justify to them why their aircraft didn't travel during the two days. (After numerous emails exchange with the airlines company that I sent to them) they refused to compensate me.

The so-called examiners of Trip mate aren't doing anything to investigate your claim.. Just buying time to pretend that they are working on your claim. Learn from my experience with this CON-TRAVEL INSURANCE COMPANY called TRIP MATE and Stay away from it. I am preventing you to be their next victim. Do yourself a favor. Find another insurance travel company.... I wish this review had less than one star because they deserve NOTHING.. I am also writing to BBB about this company..

Trip Mate Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

As the first company to waive the pre-existing condition exclusion, Trip Mate Insurance demonstrates its commitment to making every vacation as perfect as possible.

• Online claim reporting: Not every area has cellphone service, so being able to put in a claim online can get the ball rolling faster.

• 24/7 Customer service: Emergencies can happen at any time, so you want a company that offers around-the-clock customer service.

• Global XPI is included: During a health emergency, a physician may not have time to wait for medical records, so having everything available through this third-party service can make medical care a seamless process.

• 24-hour concierge services: Find out about immunization requirements, exchange rates or passport replacement at any time.

• Buy through your travel agent: Trip Mate Insurance is available through thousands of travel partners and retail locations.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor