Trip Mate Insurance

Compare Travel Insurance

Research top Travel Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased Trip Mate Insurance for a long overseas trip. I selected a pretty comprehensive plan as I knew I would be traveling for a while and in many different countries. I submitted two claims which were fully within the terms of the plan as to what the plan covers. Both claims took forever to process and it was an excruciating process to get a customer service person on the phone and receive any updates. What's even more infuriating is that both claims were denied for no good reason. It then took me another long process to appeal the decision, which was again denied. What a colossal waste of time, money and energy. I highly suggest you do not use their service.

I bought Trip Mate Travel Insurance through AAA for our trip to Italy. We were celebrating our 50th anniversary. In Italy I became sick and had to see a doctor and also get some prescriptions filled that the doctor recommended. Total bill for both were $175. I filed the claim to get my money on 11/14/16. My own insurance company Cigna reimbursed me for most of it. Trip Mate was responsible for about $45. It is now June 2017 and this company has not paid me anything after I followed their instructions on how to get them to pay the $45. They do not return calls or answer their phones and if you're lucky enough to get someone to answer the phone they do not tell you the truth and constantly change their stories.

My question is with all these complaints why is this company still in business. Also AAA will be hearing from me about recommending this travel insurance company. The travel agent also tried to help me recover the money and they never called her back and she also could never get a real person to answer the phone. This company is truly a crooked and is running a scam on travel insurance.

This company is a SCAM. I got additional insurance on my flight and it said it covered flight cancellations (it said this in the screen and also in multiple emails sent to the customer). Yet when my friend was in a car accident and I needed to make changes I was told unless I had a doctor saying she was too sick to travel in an official document I would not be reimbursed for any changes.

I'm not sure how this service is legal as the service they provide is drastically different from what they advertise. What's worse is if you make a complaint with the local BBB they know the company by name and have representatives from BBB on a first name basis with their company. Yet with this knowledge of a history of complaints the company is still accredited from the BBB. Just don't waste your money with this as you can't cancel like they say you will be able to. No one will really see this because they don't tell you it's a third party insurance company with shady rules until after you make the purchase.

They have a very poor or worst customer service. I have filed a claim on March and until now I have not receive my claim. I was told a week ago that I'll receive my claim after a week after check is printed. It's been a week now and when I called earlier they told me it was not send out because it will take another two to weeks to mail it... The representative that I talked to named KAREN told me some excuse about their system. Friendly advice don't purchase any protection plan from TRIPMATE!! They will just give you a headache.

There are reliable travel insurance companies but AVOID THIS ONE! My Flight in February was canceled. There was a blizzard and the entire airport closed down. I have all the documentation. It is now June 7 and NO REFUND YET!! They have stonewalled me for four months! Online: "We are unable to locate your claim." Telephone? Wait time 15 minutes, I waited, and then -- nobody! Have spent endless amount of time on this and now must spend more time filling out forms at Better Business Bureau. When will they shut this operation down??

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trip Mate Insurance?

Because of the commercials and integrity of this company we did not hesitate to enroll in Trip Mate Travel Protection Plan. Upon trying to cancel the trip, which we thought was covered for any reason, we were told that it would be $100.00 per person and $1438.00 for the Trip Mate insurance. Their reasoning was that since we would have to pay Viking Cruises $200.00 for cancellation that we were "using" the insurance and that it would be activated. We did not receive any information regarding a time frame for cancelling the trip so that we could get our money back regarding the insurance. BE AWARE and do not buy this insurance. We are very disappoint in this scam.

When cancelling a Viking cruise, they told me that the insurance was not refundable, although we bought it so we could cancel for any reason. We are out of $1436.00. This company could not be found on any BBB website. Do not use this insurance company. We bought it without question because of the integrity of Viking cruises. We did not receive anything in writing that would alert us of the facts of cancellation of the trip. What a rip off.

Their customer service sucks!!!! I paid for my premium in a timely manner for a policy that says you can cancel for any reason. I unfortunately due to illness that could have ended my life I was unable to travel. I sent them over 30 pages of documentation of the hospital stay, the claim form, doctor's statement, hospital bill, copy of invoice where I paid for the cruise and for the insurance. One month later I still don't have my money!!!! Viking River Cruises should partner with someone else because these people suck!!!!

My wife and I worked with Tenon Tours for a trip to Ireland and England to celebrate 30 years of marriage. The trip of a lifetime. We were delayed leaving because of weather, flights canceled out of Norfolk. We lost the first day and a half and had to spend on a taxi and train in Ireland to catch up with tour. On the last day of the Irish part of the trip a family emergency caused us to leave early missing the last day in Ireland and all 6 days in England. Tenon Tours was little help getting back and the CIE people just reminded us we bought the tour from Tenon not them.

At least we knew we'd get a little back as we bought trip insurance from Trip Mate on the recommendation of Tenon Tours. Should have checked the web. They do not answer the phone, they do not return calls and the website is useless. 5 phone calls since we returned on April 12th. The local consumer agency should be there to close them down, and put everyone associated with the organization in jail for fraud. I have a new hobby, calling them every day to at least help others avoid a complete waste of a company.

We had to cancel our Hawaii trip in Jan, 2017 due to illness. I started the claim process Feb 7, 2017. We had CSA for the cruise ship portion and Trip Mate thru CheapOair. CSA was no problem getting our claim money within a few weeks... HOWEVER, I called Trip Mate, to make a claim for the airfares (called SEVERAL times and left my phone # to call back, one of their options, NO return call). FINALLY I called back and waited almost 1 hour for a live person.

Started the process, for 3 different air trips, (1) for Phila to San Diego, (2) San Diego to Las Vegas, (3) Las Vegas to Phila. I sent ALL information, which were 3 different claim #s. It took weeks of trying to contact them, I sent ALL info by FAX. Then Finally I get a check dated 3/24/17 for the #1 air trip to San Diego. More phone calls in April... Got notified by mail that they were waiting for information...

I RESENT the information, BUT THIS TIME I sent 2 packages by Certified Mail EACH one had a separate claim in it with a note telling them to check their FAX records. On May 10, 2017 I received checks for the # 2 airfare (however it looks like the amount was about $30 less than expected). I'm tired of fighting with this company and will take the less money... However as of May 29, I still have not received the last check. I WARN everyone to NOT USE this POORLY RUN COMPANY.

We just took an ALL inclusive 7 day Apple trip to Riviera Maya Mexico but got sick again and had to come home early. I looked at the Apple Insurance information to call about a claim and JUST found out it was TRIP MATE. I would have not taken the Apple insurance IF I knew it was thru Trip Mate. I would have purchase CSA!! At my age (73) and health, I can't stand the aggravation of going thru the same ordeal again. I just might have to deal with losing the $1500, an expensive lesson to learn about checking the insurance company out BEFORE you purchase it!!

We were in Mexico in Feb 2017, we booked for two weeks and took the insurance. We had to come home a week early due to my husband being ill. We had to pay an additional $200 to pay for flight change even though it was a charter flight. He saw his Dr. the day after we got back, I filed a claim with Trip Mate. We supplied all the information they required and now about four months later are still getting the run around. He had extreme swelling in the groin area and now we know he has cancer and the Dr. has written a letter stating it was a good thing he was seen ASAP but they don't seem to care. The resort gave our room away right away so they have gotten paid double. THIS INSURANCE IS A FRAUD! We all need to report them to the better business bureau.

As I read the other reviews I see a familiar pattern occurring in with Trip Mate charges a very high fee ($700 in our case) then refuses to honor its contractual obligations. My boyfriend purchased Trip Mate insurance for a trip in Feb. 2017. In November 2016 he was diagnosed with throat cancer, which has one of the most severe and painful treatments of any type of cancer. He contacted Trip Mate during the appropriate period and supplied them with endless documentation, including the lengthy report they required from his oncologist.

Like others have expressed, Trip Mate kept requiring more documentation over the 6 months from which he filed his claim -- only to be denied any reimbursement. What reason did Trip Mate give? They said he didn't have a sickness! If cancer isn't a sickness, then what is? They said he could have gone on the trip despite having documentation from his oncologist that he would require two months of chemo and daily radiation treatments from Jan. to March and wouldn't be able to travel until after July.

The radiation and chemo required for this cancer typically requires a feeding tube, and two months after the treatment my boyfriend still can't eat solid foods and requires Ensure to survive. Needless to say, this fraudulent company has caused undue stress during a time in which he is fighting for his life. Naturally, he would have much preferred to be on our planned vacation instead of in a cancer ward. I am completely disgusted by Trip Mate and don't understand why they haven't been investigated for fraudulent and deceptive practices.

Trip Mate seems to imply we can get vouchers (I can't be sure because the letter is so badly written). This is not appropriate because 1) we were offered the same voucher by the tour company without having to shell out the $700 we paid Trip Mate; 2) as a cancer patient who still cannot eat solid food, there is a strong likelihood that he will not be able to travel before the voucher's expiration date.

Someone on this site recommended filing a complaint with the insurance commissioner, which we are doing. I highly recommend everyone who has been ripped off by these con artists to do the same. From the very badly written letter we received (bad grammar, many words capitalized that should not be, such as "You" and "Your") they try to make their communications look like legalese, but in fact, are just uneducated people writing these documents. I would also suggest all people who have been scammed by this company look into filing a class action lawsuit since so many of the stories are the same.

You have been warn - look at all the reviews, they are very consistent. I went on vacation late January and had to go to the emergency care center on site. I submitted my claim as soon as I got home which was very early February. Each time I follow up they say either they need more information which they have or it is under review. I am also constantly being told the claim is being expedited (which it is not) or a supervisor will call back which does not happen. This company does not care about anyone. They continue to lie and you get the feeling they do not want to pay out any claim. This company is a scam and I will never buy travel insurance again - I am surprised with all the complaints they are still in business. If there was a way to give less than one star, I would.

I recently purchased travel insurance from Tripmate.com. However when I was unable to travel and notified Trip Mate as well as filing and providing all required documentation, I was denied 45 days later. It seems like someone has to actually be comatose to qualify for their claim...

My flight was canceled due to a blizzard, and I lost my hotel payment for the first day of a planned stay in Quebec City. I purchased travel insurance against any such occurrence from Trip Mate Insurance. After filing a claim for $94.00 I heard nothing for weeks, and the online site gave me no useful information. After about 6 weeks and my multiple follow-ups, Trip Mate denied my claim with no reason given. Do Not Purchase Trip Insurance from this Company. It lacks all customer care and simply denies claims.

When I first called they said that most of the communication was through email. Then they told me they have a block number when they called and our phone blocked them. Why would any business want to use a block number when calling their clients and also now I am told that they really do not communicate by email. Every time I called claim is still under review and the only thing that would be covered is the cost of the wallet which I have no idea of the cost as it was bought many years ago. So we my husband and I only spent over 600 dollars for the Trip Mate travel insurance and received nothing. So for any person traveling do not buy from Trip Mate insurance.

No resolution 5.5 months after claim. Had to cancel; put claim into Trip Mate January 2017. To this date May 18, 2017... still getting runaround. No decision on refund. Every time the company requests additional information - wait another 10 business days. Told that my medical record was not received with a request April, May and then Trip Mate needed to send a check for copy. My PCP never contacted and did send letter in January 2017 could not fly. I am 78 yrs of age. Who does anyone know that would not have a "preexisting" something at this age. Keep getting the runaround, pulled by a chain and no resolution or Refund. I am on a fixed low income and though the insurance was purchased in good faith, the tiny, tiny print did not receive. It's a SCAM and RIPOFF!

I do not normally buy travel insurance, and Trip Mate has given me a good reason to NEVER buy it. My 97-year old dad came to live with us three years ago. He celebrated his 100th birthday in October last year, and passed away in November. Before he passed away, my wife and I received a wedding invitation to a wedding in Oaxaca, Mexico. We had to attend this wedding, so I booked our flights but bought travel insurance, just in case. It so happened that my father did not interfere with our travel plans, but I did. I hurt my back to the point of being unable to move one day before our planned trip.

I saw a doctor, got a letter from him, filled out the Trip Mate paperwork and mailed it. This was in January. About FOUR MONTHS later, I am still checking my claim status online daily and calling at least once a week. It took them a month to realize some info was missing, another month to acknowledge receipt of the missing info, another month to find out that my tickets had some residual value (they did not!) and God knows what else. Half of my calls time out - I stay on hold until I am directed to leave a message. When I do get a live person, I get a promise that the claim will be expedited. That is what happened this morning, so here is to hoping!

I had a planned trip on a cruise leaving on 2/26/17. I had the trip planned for several months however my mom fell the weekend before my trip. And seeing that she was 87 at the time got admitted to the hospital and I have POA and in charge of her health care. I had to cancel my trip to make any medical decisions. I filled out all the necessary paperwork, I sent a copy of all my mom's health records her discharge summary and H&P. Also I sent a copy of the POA and health care surrogate. I did get a response from the insurance company that they needed a confirmation of the canceled cruise. I sent a copy of that back to them via fax right away. I followed up to make sure they received it. I spoke to a Shay and they said they would expedite it.

Now it has been over a month since they received the additional paperwork. I have been calling every week and still have no answers. I speak to someone different every time I call. This is the worst travel company I ever heard about and will never use this company again. If I could they would get no stars.

This is the letter I wrote to the President of Trip Mate -- Dear Mr. Finkle: I am writing to express some concerns with some travel insurance that my husband and I purchased for a recent trip to Barbados back in February of this year from your company. First, I would like to take this opportunity to say that your organization does not deliver what you promise. Example number one: Our trip was February 18 through February 28th, 2017 and upon our return I immediately contacted Trip Mate to file a claim and was told I would have the issue resolved within 30 days and it took two months to receive my denial notice. Your very own LinkedIn page says that you offer a state of the art claims and handling department designed to specifically assist customers and to provide them with peace of mind knowing their vacation investment is protected.

Personally I don't believe the customer having to go online six weeks after the claim was filed to check on the status and then having to resort to calling customer service each week requesting to speak with a supervisor and rarely even getting to speak with a live person, as being very state-of-the-art. A better representation would be that your organization has chosen to join the ranks of those who hide behind the internet and focus on the almighty dollar instead of actually being customer focused and offering a service. I find it very disheartening that an upset customer does not have access to speaking with management if they so desire to share their concerns and ask relevant questions to their very own claim.

Being an honest individual seems to have hurt my claim versus protecting my investment, which is what most normal individuals purchase insurance for in the first place. On Tuesday, February 14th I visited an urgent care physician for diagnosis and medication for what I believed to be a urinary tract infection and was treated for such with a shot and prescriptions. The physician said I would be fine to go on my trip as planned originally and to continue taking all prescribed medications for the allotted time period, for which I followed his direction. By Friday of that week I was feeling 100 percent better and was getting excited for our getaway to Barbados, but a few days into the vacation, I started to feel worse and chose to visit the on-resort nurses office for assistance. The nurse and I agreed it would be best to have a doctor examine me and possibly provide additional or new medications to alleviate my discomfort and pain.

Medically speaking I don't know how Trip Mate could not be held responsible for refunding my $560 claim because there is no way to prove if this situation was a pre-existing condition or a brand new occurrence that manifested itself after my arrival to Barbados. If you recall, I was taking the medications as prescribed and felt 100% better within 3 days of visiting the doctor in the United States. Trip Mate chose to deny the claim because in their opinion the illness occurred before the plan was actually in effect; therefore they are not legally obligated to reimburse me for my out-of-pocket expenses from having to see a physician in Barbados. I beg to differ.

If your organization chooses to not reimburse me for my out of pocket expense for seeing a physician that is certainly your prerogative, but rest assured I will utilize every social media platform and go on local tv stations stating our differences of philosophy regarding this matter. Any normal human being would have not gotten on the airplane and went on vacation when ill. In fact, I would have thought it would be more expensive for Trip Mate to have to reschedule the resort, air fare and ground transportation for cancelling the trip. Your company is not even really out anything because of the two policies that were purchased for my husband and me.

The logic behind the denial simply does not make sense to me and being a woman of character and value persuades me to take necessary action into my own hands, warning consumers of your business practices especially after reading this sentence on your Linkedin profile, "we were the first company to make available provisions to waive the policy exclusion for pre-existing conditions through-out our product line." Professionally I see this situation as your company has no accountability or responsibility to consumers except to reach inside their wallets and take their hard earned money. Being hypocritical and racing to the nearest bank is what your company is all about and not focusing on the value your customers truly have on increasing your bottom line and profit margins if done honestly.

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE A FRAUD AND SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE MISSOURI GENERAL'S OFFICE. I purchased a ticket for my son who had a medical issue and was suppose to be released but the doctors wanted him to stay longer. I provided all the documentation and written letters from his doctors that he could not fly, but then this company made up something about a 60 day period for pre-existing conditions so I purchased the ticket one day before the 60 days were up (convenient, if I would have purchased the next day, they would have told me a 61 day period) and denied the refund and I still have to pay for the travel insurance.

I believe the people that claim they work at this company are actually in a mental hospital and are working for free. They made no sense at all when I called to dispute it. I should have known when I saw that they were located in Kansas City I was going to have issues. They are probably too busy stuffing their face with "barbecue" and steaks. Dealing with a cow town company this is what you get.

If I could add minus stars I would. My wife who happens to be wheelchair bound purchased Trip Mate travel insurance when making a booking with CheapOair. NEVER AGAIN! And that includes CheapOair! We live in Malta, Europe but as my wife was traveling to visit her mother in Florida, it was much easier to pay in USD, not €, I therefore booked her through CheapOair.com not .co.uk.

The first time I tried to contact Trip Mate was to inform them that my wife's luggage hadn't arrived at her destination. I was told by a 'noreply' email that I should complete a form to include information, which for obvious reasons, I didn't have at my disposal, and return it within 24 hours! A little difficult as my wife and I were in different hemispheres and due to her illness and lack of internet facilities, communication was impossible. Not to mention that internet contact details are not provided and once one gets through by phone one has to wait for ages and then asked to leave a message. I want to speak to a person not a machine.

On her return home I found that my wife had been sick during her trip and had had to use the US health service facilities. I consequently filed a medical expense claim to which a reply was received 1 month later asking for information which had already been provided! I replied by mail (calling was a total waste of time) and I had no email contact details. A reply was received repeating the same question which had already been answered TWICE. O yes, there is a place on the medical claim form where information on exactly the same query can be provided!! Consequently trying to make a call to the number provided is a waste of time not to mention the 7 hour time difference and call costs! Frankly I doubt very much if at this rate, the claim will ever be viewed let alone paid out.

I will certainly not recommend anyone to use what seems to be a 'cowboy' company. Finally, I wish to add that I have booked flights through CheapOair on many occasions and even recommended them to friends and relatives, but I doubt if I will again, if they continue to use Trip Mate. From my experience and having read other customer reviews, Trip Mate seems to be a very unprofessional company with a disregard for customer service and satisfaction.

I purchased Travel Insurance for me, my wife and 81 years old mother-in-law for $647.00. United Airlines flight to Punta Cana on February 11, 2017 was overbooked and they denied boarding to my 81 years old mother-in-law. My wife and I could not leave elderly person behind, so we had to leave flight as well. We were booked for the same flight next day. So, we are not at fault and had lost nonrefundable payment for a day stay in resort, extra transportation and food expenses. Total confirmed loss is $1,033.60. Trip Mate Insurance refused cover my loss because it arose due to flight overbooking. However there is no such exclusion in the insurance policy.

My husband, Michael, had failing health due to Parkinson's Disease and latterly cancer. His cancer had been under control (though horrendous side effects) for 2 years. After one of his regular scans the cancer was found to have slowly started growing again. Michael did not want further treatment/more side effects. On hearing this we booked a flight to California for a final trip to his childhood home and to meet his sister who had found through Facebook. They had completely lost touch and not seen nor heard from each other each other for 60 years. The trip was booked for myself, Michael and our daughter, Susannah. Susannah's trip was shorter than ours, due to work, and was booked through a different online company, CheapOair.

The insurance company CheapOair provided was TRIP MATE. Our flight was booked through Virgin America and we paid for insurance provided through Virgin, AIG travel insurance. To make a long story short, AIG insurance paid quickly for the airfare when my husband lost confidence and could not make the trip due to his failing condition. Trip Mate has only just today informed me they will not pay the refund. The main reason being that Michael's failing health did not qualify for their interpretation of the word "sickness". The other reason is that my husband did not die during the intended travel time. He passed away in February, 2 months after the intended travel.

I had to cancel my trip to Dubai because I ruptured my Achilles tendon in a fall. I filled out the required forms, including the physicians statement, on January 30, 2017. I was informed that it would take three weeks to get my money back. I have called numerous times inquiring about my refund and I am consistently told that they are slightly behind. It has now been 10 weeks and I still do not have my money. I have had an opportunity to schedule two more trips and Trip Mate was recommended; however, I declined and will find another insurance company to do business with. I have informed my friends to do the same as well. The one star rating I gave them is being very generous. Thank you.

I wish I could give them no stars. Worst service I have ever received from a travel insurance company. They have not answered any emails and when I call I stay on hold for hours. They should have covered over $500 in costs and they sent a check for $40 and $12 after I told them not to sent the checks because I wanted to file a new claim. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!

Worried about my camera gear I purchased insurance through Trip Mate... My car was broken into in Puerto Rico and lost a lot of gear... After a year and a half of lost reports and not to mention the 35 hoops I had to jump through, it was denied based off some random sub-paragraph that you can't read. Basically I spent all that time to try and recover nothing. The reason they denied the claim in the end? ARTICLES CANNOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED!!! Are you serious?!? Wow let me set up an insurance company asap. What BS.

Because it's required to rate with a star, I had to click 1... but in all honesty, this company does not deserve even a star after my experience. I bought this insurance when I booked my ticket with Cheapoair online. I was flying from SFO to LA to Chengdu. Because of the weather condition in SFO, the initial trip was delayed for more than 2 hours; causing me to miss my connecting flight to Chengdu. The plane companies involved were washing their hands saying that it's not their responsibility that I missed the flight and to put me in another flight. In short, I have to buy new tickets (LA-Chengdu; Chengdu-SFO), among others.

When I came back, I filed a claim... only to encounter more problems: (a) it takes forever for a representative to answer the call; (b) their 15-day policy was not followed--I filed the claim last January; now it's already March; (c) after a long wait, I was told that they will refund the hotel (for a night stay in LA), but not the tickets I bought because of the delayed SFO flight and the missed LA-Chengdu flight. Honestly, it feels like I haven't been insured at all. Learning for the day: Trip Mate Insurance is NOT an Mate for any Trip. It doesn't insure you at all. Money wasted.

As an experienced traveler, I arrived in Lima Peru to begin an adventure and 6 hours into my trip, my purse was stolen at La Panka Restaurant during our group lunch with our Overseas Adventure Travel Guide and group of 12. Upon returning home, I submitted all insurance forms required and carefully listed additional expenses. My trip was interrupted for two days and I missed several activities with the group. Lots of red tape ensued. Had to apply for a new passport, etc. I mailed claim to Travel Mate via certified mail on Jan. 20, 2017. After calling every other day from Jan. 9 as I was to told claim evaluation took fifteen business days. After 30 days, I received a letter from Trip Mate stating that I would receive a lesser check for my passport and they needed a receipt for my purse, which I listed under items stolen.

It is a nickel and dime company that obviously has one goal and that is to wear down the claimant and pay as little as possible. It is clear that OAT and Trip Mate seem to work in tandem as I have called OAT and they tell me there is nothing they can do. This is not acceptable. Nothing was mentioned about trip interruption reimbursement which is listed in the fine print of the insurance documentation.

I called to fill out travel claim form which their rep emailed me after completing to identifying info I gave her. The claim form said it had to be mailed & gave the address. I sent it certified on 1/25/17. On 2/9, I checked their website & there was no record of its receipt. The Post Office tracking said they had attempted delivery on 1/28 (a Sat), closed & it was delivered on 1/30. I called & spoke to a rep who searched & could find no record of it. She then gave me an email address. I said that's what I wanted to do to begin with. She asked if I had gotten the form by myself or via their phone rep. I said their rep & she said the rep should have given me the email address to file the claim. (IT should be on their forms.) I said I would scan it & email it & requested priority handling.

I sent all copies of the original claim & copies of the certified receipt & tracking record with it. I waited a few days & checked the status & now both the 1/30 claim & the 2/9 submission were showing as received without any activity done. On 2/21 I called & spoke to a rep who told me they had them & their standard for finalizing claim was 15 working days. I said this was the 15th day from the 1/30 original receipt date. She said they were running behind. I said I want it processed that day and asked for a supervisor who was unavailable but called me the next day (2/22) & told me she had good news that they were sending me $2776.00.

The claim history shows final payment entered 2/23, final payment printed 3/1. I received the check today 3/6 and it was postmarked 3/3. This is atrocious claim service. I will never insure with Trip Mate again and complained to Overseas Adventure Travel to stop using them. I hope they find another carrier. My airline claim was promptly handled by Allianz and the funds received weeks ago. It was filed the same day via email and handled timely.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

As the first company to waive the pre-existing condition exclusion, Trip Mate Insurance demonstrates its commitment to making every vacation as perfect as possible.

• Online claim reporting: Not every area has cellphone service, so being able to put in a claim online can get the ball rolling faster.
  • 24/7 Customer service: Emergencies can happen at any time, so you want a company that offers around-the-clock customer service.
  • Global XPI is included: During a health emergency, a physician may not have time to wait for medical records, so having everything available through this third-party service can make medical care a seamless process.
  • 24-hour concierge services: Find out about immunization requirements, exchange rates or passport replacement at any time.
  • Buy through your travel agent: Trip Mate Insurance is available through thousands of travel partners and retail locations.
  • Best for Party animals, adventurers and family trippers.

Compare Travel Insurance