Travelex Insurance Services
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand
Travelex Insurance Services is a leading travel insurance provider offering a variety of protection plans and optional upgrades to fit your individual travel needs. All Travelex leisure plans include coverage for trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, medical expense benefits, medical evacuation, lost or delayed baggage and more. With over 55 years of experience, our team is among the most experienced in the industry and is committed to helping protect your trip investment. Get a free quote today!
We scheduled a trip to Croatia for mid-September. Unfortunately, Hurricane Irma had other ideas. After a mandatory evacuation and no admittance back to our home for over a week, we came home to find a 100 foot tree on our house. We were scheduled to leave the next morning. I called immediately to let our tour company and Travelex know the status of our home. We submitted our documents about the cancellation and about 3 weeks after the Hurricane, our claim was approved and check sent. Now if only the Homeowner's insurance worked this well.
Making the claim was easy. Getting reimbursed was fast. The only thing that prevented me from giving a 5 star rating was I asked for a hospital and the one that was recommended to me had staff that did not speaking English. I should have been told to go to the University Hospital where the staff spoke English.
Though I didn't think vacation insurance was necessary, after one experience where I actually had to use it, it's now part of my vacation planning! Thanks to an incident where my mom got sick on a cruise and we relied on the insurance, it was indeed a Godsend! From that point forward, I have purchased your insurance religiously when I'm planning a big trip. Thanks for the ease with reimbursement for the aforementioned incident and I hope I never have to use you again... Though I will have it just in case. ;o)
I have not used my Travelex policy yet because my trip will occur in Nov/Dec 2017; so no experience to report. However, I found Travelex offering and policy choices to be thorough and complete, very professional, and reasonable in price. I hope/expect that any issues that arise whereby I need the benefits of your policy plan, will be administered and provided in a manner befitting the quality of your offering and presentation.
I found the policy to misleading; in reality there was no coverage for me even though my bag which was delayed 4 days--the luggage started out in the coverage period. Evidently since it was bound for my final destination, the coverage stopped at midnight of the coverage. The sundries etc that I was forced to buy--about $60-- had to be out of pocket. Policy is unclear for the consumer.
We thank you for taking the time to put your concerns in writing and we are sorry to hear of your frustration.
I have contacted the Claims Administrator on your behalf and this email is to clarify why the Claim Administrator denied your claim for Baggage Delay benefits.
The JustAirTicket travel protection plan purchased offers coverage while you are traveling on a covered trip.
The Description of Coverage was emailed to you, at the email provided, when the policy was purchased on November 2, 2016 at 11:36pm. The Description of Coverage includes the benefits, coverages, and limitations, and it states the following:Baggage Delay Benefits
We will reimburse you up to the amount shown in the Schedule for the cost of reasonable additional clothing and personal articles purchased by you, if your Baggage is delayed for 12 hours or more during your Covered Trip. We will also reimburse you up to $25 for expenses incurred during your Covered Trip to expedite the return of your delayed Baggage.
This coverage terminates upon your arrival Home or to your original scheduled destination.When Coverage Ends
Your coverage automatically ends on the earlier of:
1. the date the Covered Trip is completed;
2. the Scheduled Return Date;
3. cancellation of the Covered Trip covered by the plan;
4. your arrival at the return destination on a round-trip, or the destination on a one-way trip.
The claim documents received by our Claim Administrator reflect that the items being claimed were purchased after you arrived home and after your coverage ended; therefore no reimbursement is due.
Travelex makes every effort to review all concerns from our clients and we hope that this additional explanation is of assistance. If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact the Claim Administrator at 1-866-968-2061.Kind Regards,
Online process was easy to use and very clear. Information and confirmation were available virtually immediately. There is a handy "wallet card" on the Confirmation of Coverage document that is designed to print two-sided for cutting out to use as a summary card on your trip.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelex Insurance Services?
- 909,216 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Easy to purchase. Affordable for such great piece of mind. Website was easy to navigate. The options offered were wide and diverse. There were choices for any type and amount of coverage you want. Beneficiaries were easy to name and prices are fair for the level of coverage you receive.
Not only did I find out I had cancer a month before I was to leave for Europe, the insurance I purchased from Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company through Travelex is refusing to pay the claim. A nurse that filled out form made a mistake on dates but it was subsequently corrected with a letter from the Dr. They are using the mistake to deny the claim. I even sent copy of biopsy. I later heard they do this type thing all the time. Careful dealing with this company.
Travelex appreciates you bringing any concerns to our attention and we are sorry to hear of your frustration.
With regards to your concern about the request to the physician for your medical records, insurance is highly regulated and in order to confirm coverage, claim forms and documentation (including medical records) are an important part of the claim process. They are used to validate coverage, as it relates to the specific conditions listed in the plan purchased.
We empathize with your situation. However, given the inconsistencies and conflicting information on file, in order to further review your claim our Claims Administrator requires the physician’s medical records. The medical records are needed to clarify the medical documentation previously submitted.
Travelex makes every effort to review all concerns from our clients and we hope this provides clarification.Kind Regards,
Your service is easy to use and pay experience upon a loss has been prompt and efficient. However, booked directly means that TA commission is additional margin to you and it would be both fair and appreciated if in some way that was credited to people who book directly online.
Thank you for taking the time to post!We appreciate the excellent rating and your patronage for over the past 10 years.
Unfortunately since our plans are highly regulated by the Department of Insurance, the rates are the same regardless of where you purchase a travel protection plan from.
We look forward to insuring all your future trips.
Thanks again and have a great day!Kind Regards,
My experience was very good. I purchased insurance online and all went well. We have purchased insurance from Travelex several times. We have made two claims & they were handled quickly & professionally & we were reimbursed as promised. Thanks!
After a day in phone I did from my pocket back in Brazil. Never will recommend this.
Easy to use website, no long wait when phoning in, friendly and helpful advice from customer service. The company is highly rated by Consumer Reports. The travel insurance coverage without trip cancellation is priced competitively. Adding trip cancellation increases the cost too much for me to take advantage of that portion.
The online insurance registration process was quick... Easy to follow. This is my 2nd time using your services. I would definitely recommend Travelex to anyone. The rates were much lower than others. I will plan on using this service in the future. Great!
Agent was clear and concise. She was friendly and took time to explain exactly what I was purchasing. I would recommend to a friend. The rate was better than the competition. I only needed coverage in the event of a death of my mother who is elderly. A friend bought my ticket and I didn't want her to get stuck with a hefty bill for services not used and non-refundable.
I hope that I don't have to use your product! Your company got good reviews, and the purchasing experience was easy and straight-forward. I've purchased travel insurance from you before, and that was one reason I returned to Travelex for my upcoming trip. Thank you.
One hour before leaving for the airport I realized that we had not purchased travel insurance for a trip to Cancun. Within 15 minutes I had a policy in hand. Suitcase ready. The website was easy to navigate and the choices were clear. We are safe at home now having had no travel incidents, but also vacationed with a peace of mind.
Thank you for taking the time to post!We appreciate the kind words and love to hear that we were able to help you travel with peace of mind.
We look forward to insuring all your future travels.
Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
I found your website clear and easy to navigate. I did what was needed and left site with no issues. The instructions were clear, and the document copies were in my e-mail quickly. I cannot see a better way to purchase coverage. I hope that I do not need to make use of the policy!
I called because I need additional help to be sure I was filling out information online correctly. The lady that helped me stayed suggested that she stay on the line while I completed the form to make sure I had no additional questions.
I do not have an order number because one of your operators failed to tell me the policy did not go through after I gave her my credit card number. I had to quickly grab another policy online the night before.
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns, we are sorry to hear about your frustration.
I did contact our Customer Solutions Department, on your behalf, to review the call, as we strive to provide exemplary customer service. While they did provide you with the confirmation number, we did also confirm that there was a bad connection during this call.
In our system, we do have two duplicate policies for you. The first policy was purchased on July 21, 2017, with our Customer Solutions Representative, and the second policy on July 23, 2017, which was purchased online. The Confirmation of Coverage and the Description of Coverage were both emailed to you at the time of each purchase, along with the confirmation numbers.
One of our Customer Solutions Representatives cancelled the second policy on Thursday August 10, 2017. We refunded the travel protection plan premium back to the Mastercard ending in 5805. You should receive the refund within the next 5 to 10 business days, depending on your banking institution.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Solutions Department if you have any questions. They are available at 1-800-228-9792, Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm CST.
Travelex makes every effort to review all concerns from our clients. If we can be of further service, please let us know. We hope you think of Travelex the next time you are looking to insure your travel!Kind Regards,
My son was flying overseas to the U.K. for soccer and at the last minute the organization he was traveling with informed us they would not be purchasing travel insurance for the full team. In a matter of minutes I was able to obtain travel insurance for my son online. I was very happy to find an easy online solution which saved me time as I prepared for his trip.
I trust Travelex. They paid a claim when I was sick traveling in Europe. This trip I emailed ahead for customer service and they were very prompt in their response. I wouldn't use any other insurance company when I travel.
I have used Travelex Insurance Services for over 10 years and never had a claim. I feel very secure in the coverage I have purchased over the years. The online site is very easy to use and clear on the coverage. I have recommended them to several of my friends and plan on using them in the future.
I have purchased travel insurance from Travelex many times. The website is easy to navigate. The products are well described and choosing is easy. Prices are visible when ordering. I always have a paper copy of the policy sent as well as printing out the computer confirmation. All in all, a good experience with a superior product.
I have placed insurance with Travelex for over 20 years. On the few occasions where I had to make a claim, I received a prompt and positive response. I have recommended them to many friends. The basic package includes all the coverage that the ordinary traveler needs.
The Travelex website is easy to use. The cost for the benefits compares well with other insurance companies. I have used Travelex on most of my overseas trips. On one trip my co-traveler had to cancel because of a cancer diagnosis. Travelex did pay for the canceled trip.
Although I believed I had purchased coverage, and a pending charge appeared on my credit card, and remains there, I never have received any confirmation of this from them in over week. So I have no way of knowing if I am covered or not.
Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns.
The Customer Solutions Representative mailed your Confirmation of Coverage and Description of Coverage to the address provided at the time of purchase on July 13, 2017 and it was mailed the following business day on July 14, 2017 via the United States Postal Service (USPS). Please note this can take up to 5 – 10 business days.
Please let us know if you don’t receive your documents via USPS. You may also contact us with any questions, at 1-800-228-9792, 8am-7pm CST, Monday – Friday, or by email at CustomerSolutions@TravelexInsurance.com.Kind Regards,
Because the conference I was planning on attending cancelled, I contacted Travelex about getting a refund on the travel insurance. The agent had to check with his supervisor and then came back to me and told me that my request for a refund had been approved. I was pleased.
Just purchased the insurance for a trip in September. Very prompt service and receipt of documents. I hope I don't need to use the insurance on my trip, but feel confidence in Travelex if I do. The friend with whom I'm travelling has used Travelex in the past with good results.
This review refers to the ease of buying the insurance for an upcoming trip. The process went very smoothly and person I spoke to was very knowledgeable. Hopefully, I will not need to use this protection insurance and if I do hopefully it will go smoothly as well.
For a number of years now we consistently purchased Travel insurance for our vacations through Travelex. We find the site easy to understand and to navigate and readily find affordable coverage options.
Purchasing travel insurance with Travelex was so easy! The agent was extremely helpful and answered all my questions. My sister and I were going to be traveling together (Alaska cruise) so I purchased insurance for both of us and even that was easy! I would recommend Travelex to anyone that is traveling! Purchasing insurance is worth the peace of mind!
Travelex Insurance Services questions and answers
- What problem is Travelex Insurance trying to solve?
- Travelex Insurance helps protect travelers from unexpected expenses and assists in dealing with unforeseen events which could occur while traveling.
- What sets Travelex apart from the competition?
- Travelex is extremely proud of our "ExFactor" advantage over the competition which entails our experienced people, excellent protection plans and exceptional customer care. We pride ourselves on the fact that every client, customer, travel agent is treated as a VIP. We understand that many people do not understand travel insurance; our clients can rely on Travelex to provide the most appropriate plan with excellent service before, after and during their trip to be sure their needs are met.
- What needs does Travelex fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- The Travelex protection plans offer 24-hour coverage for trip cancellations, flight delays, medical emergencies and evacuations and much more depending on the plan purchased. Many of the Travelex plans provide First Payer Coverage for medical expenses with no deductible. This means Travelex pays first but may recover funds from medical or other collectible insurance plans. Our plans are available through major travel providers including tour operators, cruise lines and thousands of travel agents across the country as well as online at www.travelexinsurance.com.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- Most people do not understand the need for travel insurance. In today's world there are so many uncertainties that can impact their trip investment like trip cancellations due to natural disasters such as volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes; trip delays, sickness, injury, terrorist attacks, delayed baggage and the list goes on. The cost of one of these events would in most cases more than cover the cost of a Travelex protection plan.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Travelex Insurance?
- In addition to our travel protection plans, we offer expedited passport services, international driving permits and Travel Solve – our evacuation, security and assistance membership plan designed for a unique market of travelers.
- Has Travelex received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Travelex Insurance Services is a nine-time winner of the Virtuoso Best Specialty Provider Award. This Award is unique in that the Virtuoso travel advisors vote for the winner. The fact that Travelex is continually recognized with this award is a tribute to the quality protection plans and exceptional service we provide every day to travel agents and travelers alike.
- How has Travelex Insurance grown or evolved?
- Travelex continues to modify and upgrade our plans to meet the needs of today's travelers. The company has progressed through the evolution of travel insurance products which started as simple flight accidental death and dismemberment plans offered mainly through airport counter locations, to today where Travelex offers more travel package plans sold through multiple venues including travel agents, tour operators, cruise lines and online travel agencies.
Our plans have mainly evolved with the needs of the leisure traveling public by including features such as a pre-existing medical waiver on most plans, a family friendly kids free plan, pet insurance provisions and a 'cancel for any reason' upgrade – to name a few.
- How does Travelex measure success?
- Customer satisfaction is the key success measurement for Travelex Insurance Services. When Travelex is able to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations, our distributors are more likely to sell more insurance, travelers are more likely to become repeat customers and both are more likely to be advocates of our company, attracting more customers for us.
Travelex measures our customer satisfaction through customer feedback surveys, industry review site ratings, agency attrition rate and customer testimonials.
Travel Insurance is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, OH; NAIC #10952. 1725568
Travelex Insurance Services Company Information
- Social media:
- Company Name:
- Travelex Insurance Services
- 9140 West Dodge Road, Suite 300
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (800) 228-9792