Travelex Insurance Services Request Information
  3. Travel Insurance
Accredited Partner

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

Travelex Insurance Services is a leading travel insurance provider offering a variety of protection plans and optional upgrades to fit your individual travel needs. All Travelex leisure plans include coverage for trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, medical expense benefits, medical evacuation, lost or delayed baggage and more. With over 55 years of experience, our team is among the most experienced in the industry and is committed to helping protect your trip investment. Get a free quote today!

View More View More
Travelex Insurance Services Request Information

Travelex Insurance Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Once I got to the insurance website, everything was fine. However, it was miserable getting to the proper site. It would be very helpful if you had a link to the insurance site from your Travelex website.

Travelex Insurance Services response

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns Consumer Affairs. We empathize with your frustrations but wanted to take a moment to explain the situation.

In November of 2016, Cover-More Group, a leading travel insurance and assistance solutions provider based in Sydney, Australia, acquired Travelex Insurance Services. Today Travelex Insurance Services is a subsidiary of Cover-More Holdings USA, Inc. which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zurich Insurance Group Limited (“ZIG”).

For future trips, to purchase our policies you can go online at www.TravelexInsurance.com or contact our Customer Solutions Department via phone at 1-800-228-9792 or via email at customersolutions@travelexinsurance.com.

Thank you again, and we look forward to insuring all your future travels.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I've gotten Travelex for my family of 4 at least a dozen times in the past. I get it every time I travel internationally. I never had to use it in the past, but this summer, unfortunately, I had to file a claim due to flight cancellation and a one week delay. The process took about 3 weeks from start to finish. It was quick, easy and efficient. Everything was done online and payment came via Paypal. I would recommend this insurance to everyone.

Travelex Insurance Services response

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience.

We are very happy to hear that your claim experience went both smoothly and quickly.

We appreciate your frequent patronage and look forward to insuring all your future travel.

Thank you again, and have a great day!

Original review: July 15, 2019

Purchased a Travelex policy for a cruise this year. Unfortunately I had to cancel 1 day prior to departure due to medical advice from my daughter’s PCP. First step was to call Travelex to confirm coverage. While it was easy to make contact, they would not confirm that my circumstances fell within the scope of a valid claim. Representative spoke in general terms. I asked them to go ahead and begin a claim. I received an email shortly afterwords that explained the claim process.

Initially the documentation requested seemed a bit overwhelming. My submitted claim was 14 pages including documentation from doctor, receipts, cruise documents etc. Travelex allows up to 1 year to submit this documentation. Once I gathered all documentation I scanned and emailed my claim on a Monday evening, I received an email on Friday that my claim had been accepted and would be paid. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the quick turnaround! Honestly I expected a reply with a few hoops I needed to jump through to complete my claim.

I have read many of the good and bad reviews concerning travel insurance. The common denominator in all reviews is due diligence or lack thereof. Folks that read policy documentation and have a general idea of what was covered and what was not seem to have more favorable reviews. I will certainly use Travelex for my future insurance needs. The policy was competitively priced with comprehensive coverage. Claim process was less tedious than expected and quick.

Original review: June 15, 2019

A friend of mine recommended travel insurance for my 3 week trip to Southeast Asia. I did my research and decided on Travelex. It was a smart decision. The last leg of my trip back home from Hong Kong to LAX was canceled due to mechanical problems. I lost my connection from LAX to Tampa. I had to rebook that flight at a cost of $500. I filed all the proper paperwork with Travelex and they reimbursed me promptly. You can be sure I will get another policy with Travelex for my next international trip!

Travelex Insurance Services response

Thank you so much for your kind words.

It’s important to our company to hear that our claims processes are fair and reimbursement for losses are received promptly.

Thank you again and we look forward to insuring all your future travel!

Amber

Original review: April 16, 2019

Last month (March 2019) my wife and I began what was supposed to be a two-week vacation in Thailand. Two days after arriving in Bangkok, I was diagnosed with double pneumonia and was hospitalized there for 13 days. The physician required me to rest a few days after discharge before allowing us to fly back to the US. When we returned we filed a carefully documented trip interruption claim for about $10,000 with Travelex on April 9. (An arm of the insurance, On Call International, had already taken care of the hospital bill - quickly and completely, much to our amazement.)

Travelex responded the very next day (!) with an email saying that we would receive a check covering nearly the entirety of our claim. (We are still waiting to hear about one small aspect of the claim.) We received that check today (April 16). Fortunately we have filed very few insurance claims of any kind over our 70+ years, but all of the others have involved initial denials of claims, seemingly unending hassles, etc., before we finally received compensation. This has been a truly extraordinary experience. We will definitely use Travelex for all of our future travel insurance needs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelex Insurance Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 16, 2020

Son's trip to Washington DC was cancelled due to virus. When we submitted a claim for our money back from our Trip Cancellation and interruption insurance we were denied. We were told it's in the fine print. Don't use this scam company. They clearly prey on school systems for a profit.

Travelex Insurance Services response

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns on Consumer Affairs.

It is important to note that fear of travel, travel advisories, and destination being inaccessible due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) are not covered risks under the Travelex Insurance policy purchased. In order to cancel or interrupt a trip due to quarantine, the traveler or a traveling companion would need to be physically quarantined themselves.

We empathize with your situation and understand that this is a stressful time. We want to assure you that we are committed to doing our very best to assist and offer any accommodations that we can.

We may be able to allow travelers to apply the policy to a new or rescheduled trip at a later date. Please contact Travelex Customer Solutions at 800.228.9792 or customersolutions@travelexinsurance.com for further details on this option.

Resolution response: March 17, 2020

I wrote a very unfriendly review when I could not get through to this company on the telephone. However, after I did get to talk to an actual person, their performance has been stellar. I feel a little guilty about the first review, as these are crazy times, but in my mind they have redeemed themselves. I would recommend them with the caveat that they are a little overwhelmed on the telephone right now. Of course, I suspect anyone connected with the travel industry is in the same boat (no pun intended).

Original review: March 11, 2020

I don't understand how people could write a positive review when it took me over 25 minutes just for them to answer the phone! What should be a simple thing to fix is still unresolved after two days of "communication". I know it must be a crazy time for them, but my time is valuable too. I could in no way recommend them to anyone. And now I have just been told I have to call them tomorrow, and start all over!

Original review: March 11, 2020

Your phones do not allow for contact. I have tried two different numbers provided by you. Neither will allow contact. I wish to change the dates on a travel policy. I can be reached at **. I should not need to type 200 words to remind you it is difficult to do business with you if your phones do not work.

Travelex Insurance Services response

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns on ConsumerAffairs.

We are currently experiencing higher than normal call volumes due to Coronavirus, which is resulting in longer than normal wait times.

We have forwarded your information onto our Customer Solutions Department, and have been advised that they will reach out to you today by phone to help change the dates on your policy. You can also email the Customer Solutions Department to request a date change at CustomerSolutions@TravelexInsurance.com.

Thank you again, and we hope you think of Travelex the next time you travel.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I feel cheated and a victim of fraud. I asked that I be reimbursed for a Tilley Hat that I had either misplaced or had been stolen. The callous and dishonest denial of my claim is uncalled for. This is why so many people feel taken advantage by dishonest insurance companies such as Travelex.

Travelex Insurance Services response

Thank you for taking the time to post on Consumer Affairs.

We have contacted the Claim Administrator, on your behalf, and been advised that only one claim has been submitted, which has been approved and reimbursed for.

If you would like to submit an additional claim, for reimbursement on your hat, please contact the Claim Administrator, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am - &:00 pm CST, at 1-855-205-6054 or travelex.claims@bhspecialty.com.

Original review: March 3, 2020

This was my first time buying travel insurance and submitting a claim. Travelex timely processed my claim and paid the claim out in full promptly. I highly recommend this company. The pricing of the policies are also very fair. They have different policies to choose from based upon your circumstances. This is worth purchasing especially given all the news going on.

Travelex Insurance Services expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Travelex Insurance Services is a leader in the travel insurance industry. They offer a variety of plans with customizable upgrades so you can find the perfect plan for your trip.

• Variety of protection plan options: They offer various protection plans with clearly laid out coverage levels including Travel Basic, Travel Select, and Travel Max.

• Medical coverage: Get medical expense coverage of up to $100,000 per trip.

• Children travel at no additional cost: With the Travel Select plan, children under the age of 21 are included at no extra charge when accompanied by a covered adult family member.

• Extended trip duration: Single-trip policies will cover vacations of up to 180 days.

• Trip interruption coverage: In the event of an interruption, certain Travelex plans cover up to 150 percent of insured trip cost.

• Best for: leisure, luxury and family trips.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor

Travelex Insurance Services questions and answers

What problem is Travelex Insurance trying to solve?
    Travelex Insurance helps protect travelers from unexpected expenses and assists in dealing with unforeseen events which could occur while traveling.
    What sets Travelex apart from the competition?
    Travelex is extremely proud of our "ExFactor" advantage over the competition which entails our experienced people, excellent protection plans and exceptional customer care. We pride ourselves on the fact that every client, customer, travel agent is treated as a VIP. We understand that many people do not understand travel insurance; our clients can rely on Travelex to provide the most appropriate plan with excellent service before, after and during their trip to be sure their needs are met.
    What needs does Travelex fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    The Travelex protection plans offer 24-hour coverage for trip cancellations, flight delays, medical emergencies and evacuations and much more depending on the plan purchased. Many of the Travelex plans provide First Payer Coverage for medical expenses with no deductible. This means Travelex pays first but may recover funds from medical or other collectible insurance plans. Our plans are available through major travel providers including tour operators, cruise lines and thousands of travel agents across the country as well as online at www.travelexinsurance.com.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    Most people do not understand the need for travel insurance. In today's world there are so many uncertainties that can impact their trip investment like trip cancellations due to natural disasters such as volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes; trip delays, sickness, injury, terrorist attacks, delayed baggage and the list goes on. The cost of one of these events would in most cases more than cover the cost of a Travelex protection plan.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Travelex Insurance?
    In addition to our travel protection plans, we offer expedited passport services, international driving permits and Travel Solve – our evacuation, security and assistance membership plan designed for a unique market of travelers.
    Has Travelex received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
    Travelex Insurance Services is a nine-time winner of the Virtuoso Best Specialty Provider Award. This Award is unique in that the Virtuoso travel advisors vote for the winner. The fact that Travelex is continually recognized with this award is a tribute to the quality protection plans and exceptional service we provide every day to travel agents and travelers alike.
    How has Travelex Insurance grown or evolved?
    Travelex continues to modify and upgrade our plans to meet the needs of today's travelers. The company has progressed through the evolution of travel insurance products which started as simple flight accidental death and dismemberment plans offered mainly through airport counter locations, to today where Travelex offers more travel package plans sold through multiple venues including travel agents, tour operators, cruise lines and online travel agencies.

Our plans have mainly evolved with the needs of the leisure traveling public by including features such as a pre-existing medical waiver on most plans, a family friendly kids free plan, pet insurance provisions and a 'cancel for any reason' upgrade – to name a few.
    How does Travelex measure success?
    Customer satisfaction is the key success measurement for Travelex Insurance Services. When Travelex is able to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations, our distributors are more likely to sell more insurance, travelers are more likely to become repeat customers and both are more likely to be advocates of our company, attracting more customers for us.

Travelex measures our customer satisfaction through customer feedback surveys, industry review site ratings, agency attrition rate and customer testimonials.

Travel Insurance is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, OH; NAIC #10952. 1725568

Travelex Insurance Services Company Information