Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I fractured my arm upon arrival at the airport in Aruba; the break needed surgery which the orthopedist recommended I have at home (for recuperative purposes) and your company paid all accident related expenses within 2 weeks of filing the claim.

I had a very pleasant experience with the agent from Travelex Insurance. She went over the plan with me in details. She ask were there any questions I had at the end of the call. I would rate her a 10, if that is the highest... :)

You were recommended to me by my son, who has used you for his travel insurance. The website was easy to work with. Customer service was excellent, professional, friendly and courteous when I needed to update our travel plans. I appreciated the reasonable cost of my travel insurance. Thank you.

The price seemed fair. I never needed the insurance while on the trip, so only basing on the price. I appreciate that I could order it the day I departed, so it does set up fast and conveniently. However, since I never needed to use the insurance this is not a great assessment.

Resolution In Progress

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to put your concerns and suggestions in writing and are sorry to hear of your frustration.

Travelex values your feedback regarding the instructions for the claims process and will certainly forward your suggestions to the appropriate party for consideration.

We look forwarding to insuring your future trips. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Amber

Original review: April 17, 2017

My husband was not well enough to travel to an area that required extensive activity. We applied for a refund, and just received it with the help of Julius. However, your packet does not specify getting a letter of cancellation from the airline, which it should.

We have used your insurance before. Very, very satisfied with personnel. They are very knowledgeable. They were very helpful in advising type of insurance. Always asked the right questions and explain services. I have recommended them to other people we travel with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelex Insurance Services?

I made a mistake on my initial application online (should have been two households) and when I called, I got excellent assistance to correct. The customer service rep (sorry, forgot her name) worked out the details in correcting the problem. Also, answered my questions. Thanks.

The Travelex travel insurance coverage was a simple and easy process using their online application. Within minutes, I was able to get the insurance coverage needed for traveling abroad. The insurance policy provides peace of mind should anything happen before and during our planned vacation trip.

I purchased an overall trip insurance policy through the same travel site where I bought my airline tickets. After some research, realized that perhaps I should buy a medical only supplemental policy (we're not spring chickens). Travelex is very highly regarded online. Rick Steves' site lists you as well. Thinking this would be expensive, I emailed the company and asked for a quote. What a wonder, the price is extremely reasonable for myself and my husband and will enhance my enjoyment of the trip. I spoke with Charlene on the phone and had the policy set up in no time - a great customer service experience! I would highly recommend Travelex.

Resolution In Progress

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

We are so happy to hear about your experience and look forward to doing business with you again.

Amber

Original review: April 15, 2017

Very easy to find coverage. The Website was user-friendly. The different plans were well laid-out. Agents were friendly and helpful. The costs were competitive. I've been fortunate enough where I haven't actually used their product. I'm hoping that continues.

The process of picking, which policy to buy was easy, everything was laid out in an easy to understand chart. I hope not to have to use them, but you never know. I especially like the different level of insurance that you can get. I would recommend them now, but have not made any claim with them.

I had a very positive experience. The company was recommended by our travel group. I called with questions and all of the questions were answered quickly and professionally. I then called back to book the insurance and that process went very well also.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

It's important to our company to hear that our representatives were helpful. We look forward to insuring your future trips.

Kind Regards, Amber

Original review: April 4, 2017

The person who answered my call listened to me & then went deeper into our trip. We have traveled around the World & many times on the Azamara ships. She gave us what we needed home is Florida. We have another Ins. that will return us if needed & we were not flying anywhere. Our guest is not paying for the ship. So it all went well.

Very happy with your service. We've used it many times and always first class. Everyone very polite and helpful. I first heard of your service from a friend. She had a very bad accident in Europe and your service helped her greatly.

After reviewing my confirmation of coverage, I realized the amount insured was more than I needed. I thought I originally signed up for $3,450 in coverage, but the confirmation said $3,550. I called to reduce the amount to $3,500 and the operator was very helpful. Thank you.

I needed to cover only the air travel both ways since we already have other travel covered with a cruise line. The agent with whom I spoke quickly helped me select the correct and right amount of coverage. Quick and easy. Hope I don't need to make a claim, but at least I have the peace of mind that I am covered.

This is our second time using Travelex and the experience last time and so far this time have been great. We actually had to file a claim last time and that went smoothly and was handled very fairly and professionally.

Very easy to use and access website. It is laid out in a concise and informative format. Choices are outlined in succinct summaries. The premium cost appears to be competitive. Response to purchase was quick and information emailed immediately. Hopefully we will not have to use services.

We have used Travelex now several times. We have also had to make a claim on a Travelex policy. Whether purchasing or submitting a claim, the people at Travelex are a pleasure to work with! We will continue to use Travelex for our travel insurance needs in the future.

I have used your services in the past and I am very pleased with your benefits. I would definitely recommend your services to others. I write for the Maine Seniors Magazine and will have an opportunity to mention Travelex in an up-coming article.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to post and we appreciate your feedback!

With regards to your concern about the high premium, our protection plan rates are based on 4 factors: the plan benefit amounts, age, trip cost, and trip length. As these four factors change, the price of the policy will also change.

We appreciate the excellent rating and we look forward to insuring your future travels!

Amber

Original review: April 1, 2017

Travelex is easy to work with and offer very favorable rates compared to other travel insurance companies. I would love to see your rates go down more as our policies are only for a few days yet still cost hundreds of dollars. I would and have recommend you to others.

When traveling out of the country we always purchase a Travelex medical policy which includes evacuation insurance - which is our primary concern. Fortunately, we've never had to use the insurance, so I can't comment on this aspect. However, the agents have always been very professional and knowledgeable when we have purchased our policies over the phone.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Your customer experience is very important to us at Travelex. We will personally reach out to the claims department, on your behalf, to obtain additional info regarding your claim.

Once we are able to review your situation, we will email you directly.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact us at TISReviews@travelexinsurance.com.

Amber

Original review: March 26, 2017

You ruined our first trip in 10 years. My wife's grandfather passed away 2 weeks after purchasing our coverage and five days prior to our trip. Our claim was denied because apparently I'm omnipotent and knew he was going to die. You took my money for the premiums and refused to pay. I have told my travel agent that recommended your company and plan to call every travel agency I can find over the next week to let them know how awful your company is and I'm not stopping there. Being old is not a pre-existing condition.

The sales agent I spoke with was helpful and courteous and made me recommend this company to a friend and return to insure a second trip. I was pleasantly surprise by the experience. The second time I called for insurance the second agent was equally courteous.

We have purchased Travelex coverage before, and have been fortunate enough to not have needed to use it. But the information on the website, and capable assistance of the customer service representatives, make the purchase very simple. We did call in to confirm information and get a couple of questions answered, then made the purchase on the phone. All the necessary documentation quickly arrived by email.

Appreciated the salesperson time. She took explaining all the different options, coverage and how the insurance works. I have been burned by other travel insurance in the past, so was reluctant to sign up again. Let's hope I don't need to use it, but if I do I hope the service is equally as good with a claim.

Selected this program because we had a similar one through Travelex on a trip to Africa in 2016. It suits our needs well. We determined that we did not need trip cancellation insurance as we have not had to cancel a trip in over thirty years of world travel. The other coverage, however, is useful and important.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Your customer experience is very important to us at Travelex. We will personally reach out to the claims department, on your behalf, to obtain additional info, regarding your claim.

Once we are able to review your situation, we will email you directly within 2 business days.

If you have any questions, in the meantime, please email us at TISReviews@Travelexinsurance.com

Amber

Original review: March 21, 2017

I think your company is very poor in giving any kind of decent & minimally caring service. I am in a crisis/flood area of Peru, just south of the equator for ten days today to get to Lima International Airport to leave on my business/vacation trip to see students in Argentina (now ruined by the floods and disasters in Peru currently). Each time I have asked about recovery under my plan and tried to get additional information, I have to "speak insurance" and fight for myself with your representatives. I paid for the **, the whole trip has been canceled and totally destroyed, and I have been sick in my hotel. Does Travelex care? I am suffering the loss of my entire trip, planned months earlier, and I have to fight with your company over the benefits?

I was able to quickly find and purchase not only travel insurance but medical insurance for while we were out of the country. It was easy to compare the products and from my perspective the price was more than fair. Fortunately we did not need to use either form of insurance but it quickly gave us peace of mind.

Amber

Original review: March 20, 2017

Called toll free number and discussed and then order insurance on a four day trip to Washington DC in May. Spoke to a lovely person who gave me information and then took my order for coverage. She was excellent and a great representative of your service and product line!

It is my second time I have this insurance. As I was already in the system, it was easy to get this insurance. Young woman who helped was pleasant and swift. Hopefully, I won't need this. Just a good assurance to be covered in case of emergency.

Question and Answers - Travelex Insurance Services

What problem is Travelex Insurance trying to solve?

Travelex Insurance helps protect travelers from unexpected expenses and assists in dealing with unforeseen events which could occur while traveling.

What sets Travelex apart from the competition?

Travelex is extremely proud of our "ExFactor" advantage over the competition which entails our experienced people, excellent protection plans and exceptional customer care. We pride ourselves on the fact that every client, customer, travel agent is treated as a VIP. We understand that many people do not understand travel insurance; our clients can rely on Travelex to provide the most appropriate plan with excellent service before, after and during their trip to be sure their needs are met.

What needs does Travelex fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

The Travelex protection plans offer 24-hour coverage for trip cancellations, flight delays, medical emergencies and evacuations and much more depending on the plan purchased. Many of the Travelex plans provide First Payer Coverage for medical expenses with no deductible. This means Travelex pays first but may recover funds from medical or other collectible insurance plans. Our plans are available through major travel providers including tour operators, cruise lines and thousands of travel agents across the country as well as online at www.travelexinsurance.com.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

Most people do not understand the need for travel insurance. In today's world there are so many uncertainties that can impact their trip investment like trip cancellations due to natural disasters such as volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes; trip delays, sickness, injury, terrorist attacks, delayed baggage and the list goes on. The cost of one of these events would in most cases more than cover the cost of a Travelex protection plan.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Travelex Insurance?

In addition to our travel protection plans, we offer expedited passport services, international driving permits and Travel Solve – our evacuation, security and assistance membership plan designed for a unique market of travelers.

Has Travelex received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Travelex Insurance Services is a nine-time winner of the Virtuoso Best Specialty Provider Award. This Award is unique in that the Virtuoso travel advisors vote for the winner. The fact that Travelex is continually recognized with this award is a tribute to the quality protection plans and exceptional service we provide every day to travel agents and travelers alike.

How has Travelex Insurance grown or evolved?

Travelex continues to modify and upgrade our plans to meet the needs of today's travelers. The company has progressed through the evolution of travel insurance products which started as simple flight accidental death and dismemberment plans offered mainly through airport counter locations, to today where Travelex offers more travel package plans sold through multiple venues including travel agents, tour operators, cruise lines and online travel agencies.

Our plans have mainly evolved with the needs of the leisure traveling public by including features such as a pre-existing medical waiver on most plans, a family friendly kids free plan, pet insurance provisions and a 'cancel for any reason' upgrade – to name a few.

How does Travelex measure success?

Customer satisfaction is the key success measurement for Travelex Insurance Services. When Travelex is able to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations, our distributors are more likely to sell more insurance, travelers are more likely to become repeat customers and both are more likely to be advocates of our company, attracting more customers for us.

Travelex measures our customer satisfaction through customer feedback surveys, industry review site ratings, agency attrition rate and customer testimonials.

Travel Insurance is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, OH; NAIC #10952. 1725568

Travelex Insurance Services Company Profile