Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I fractured my arm upon arrival at the airport in Aruba; the break needed surgery which the orthopedist recommended I have at home (for recuperative purposes) and your company paid all accident related expenses within 2 weeks of filing the claim.

Resolution In Progress

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Your customer experience is very important to us at Travelex. We will personally reach out to the claims department, on your behalf, to obtain additional info, regarding your claim.

Once we are able to review your situation, we will email you directly within 2 business days.

If you have any questions, in the meantime, please email us at TISReviews@Travelexinsurance.com

Amber

Original review: March 21, 2017

I think your company is very poor in giving any kind of decent & minimally caring service. I am in a crisis/flood area of Peru, just south of the equator for ten days today to get to Lima International Airport to leave on my business/vacation trip to see students in Argentina (now ruined by the floods and disasters in Peru currently). Each time I have asked about recovery under my plan and tried to get additional information, I have to "speak insurance" and fight for myself with your representatives. I paid for the **, the whole trip has been canceled and totally destroyed, and I have been sick in my hotel. Does Travelex care? I am suffering the loss of my entire trip, planned months earlier, and I have to fight with your company over the benefits?

I was able to quickly find and purchase not only travel insurance but medical insurance for while we were out of the country. It was easy to compare the products and from my perspective the price was more than fair. Fortunately we did not need to use either form of insurance but it quickly gave us peace of mind.

The young lady gave me precise information, answered my questions promptly and clearly and she did not try to sell me anything I didn't want. The base plan benefits met all my anticipated needs with most ample coverage. I would recommend the company to anyone traveling overseas.

Was very satisfied. Operator was concise and found my previous insurance, and was able to assist me without any problem. My request was handled to my complete satisfaction. Thank you. I am very happy with any and all services proved by your company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelex Insurance Services?

I've chose to purchase the travel insurance and it was really very quick and easy to use on the website. I also believe it covers what I was looking for. I will recommend it for my family and friends.

This is great price for a basic travel insurance package from a highly respected and popular travel insurance company. I've shopped numerous other companies and the pricing was more expensive and some of the coverages not as good. This is the best bang for the buck!!

I had a problem with the website not accepting data. I contacted the help desk and in less than 24 hours had a personal reply. I sent the information and had a quote almost immediately and this was late in the evening. I have not made any claims as yet - that is good - but their service to date has been excellent.

Easy to secure. Knowledgeable agents. Great attitudes! I can always rely on you guys to provide quick friendly assistance quickly and politely! Your prices are reasonable and fair and I can always count on you to be there when I call. Nothing more to say!

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to post!

We value your business and strive to make our claims process fair and our reimbursements prompt. Please note that all benefits are determined based on the information and documentation submitted in the event of a claim.

We hope you think of Travelex the next time you are looking to insure your travel!

Amber

Original review: March 2, 2017

This is the first time I have ever bought travel insurance privately. I have purchased it through various tour companies on other tours (although I don't recall if it was from your company or some other company). Price seems reasonable, but the proof is claims. We had travel insurance on one previous trip and had a medical claim for my wife, and they fully reimbursed our cash outlay in Norway for medical care. Hopefully, your company will do as well, if we are unfortunate enough to need to make a claim.

Travel to France - Continue to use your service which has been easy to enroll in and price competitive. We have used your product for years and have never had a problem. Looking forward to many more opportunities to do so. We are a private couple and have traveled using your service in Europe and Asia.

I use Travelex for my flight insurance when I travel internationally. It's a easy process. I have used them for years. I just call them and tell them to give me same coverage as last time and it's done. Highly recommended.

I forgot to buy travel insurance until the last minute before my trip. After hunting around for a bit, I learnt that many places don't offer insurance starting the day of travel. I was relieved to find out that Travelex could accommodate my trip. Same day option is great.

We have used Travelex for many years after a referral by our travel agent. We have had several claims, one for altitude sickness in Cuzco, another for a delayed departure from Newark to Lisbon because of winter weather, and another for a physician hotel visit in Seville. The claims were paid accurately and promptly with no questions asked.

We have been using Travelex insurance for many years, it as helped us in many occasions. One time in South America the airline lost our luggage, other medical emergencies in other countries of the world. In other occasion a strike of flights in Europe. I cannot express how great Travelex has been of giving us money, paying our hospital bills in France, Italy and Mexico. We never leave home without Travelex. It is the best!

I had no issues with selecting and purchasing a plan. I received the followup email and mailing of documents as indicated. I did not have to utilize any of the benefits. The plan details seem straightforward but obviously when filing a claim, things could get complicated.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to post.

We appreciate the kind words, and we process claims with every consideration related to the details of the policy.

Amber

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

After reviewing information in Rick Steves Travel Book, I decided to compare 2 insurance companies for coverage and rates. Heather, at Travelex, was most helpful. She took the time to patiently and thoroughly answer all of my questions. I decided to book the coverage over the phone and she walked me through all steps. I hope that, heaven forbid, I have to submit a claim - that that process will be as painless as finding and confirming coverage with Heather. Thank you.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We hope you have a wonderful trip abroad, and we look forward to insuring all your future trips.

Amber

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

It was extremely easy to register and pick out my plan. Also, made me feel so much better traveling abroad! I was able to enjoy my trip to Thailand worry free! I will definitely be using this for all future travel out of the United States. Thank You Travelex!

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

We are happy to hear about your experience and look forward to doing business with you again.

Amber

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

No problems signing up for policy. Price seemed good in comparison to other company quotes. Website easy to use, policy brochure very convenient and easy to read and understand. This is all I intend to write on this review, will review again after my trip.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

We are so happy to hear about your experience and we are glad that Jay was able to assist you with all of your insurance needs. We look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Our agent, Jay, was astounding. First she described offerings to fit our needs with our Operations Manager, who gave me her name and asked me to give all the traveler information. I was assisted in a very tedious task, which she made simple and pleasant. She was clear in communication of a vast quantity of numbers and absolutely organized to keep each client separated, while still managing our group concerns. After completing our business, I had to call her back and cancel two clients who had purchased insurance differently. She was professional, efficient and swift. I have strong confidence in Jay and thereby, in Travelex that DPE's group will have a safe and stress-free trip next week-- with the assurance of ample and reasonable travel insurance. Thanks very much.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your thoughts!

We are happy that you were able to get everything resolved quickly and painlessly. We hope you think of Travelex the next time you need Travel Insurance.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

We discovered that our browser auto-filled the same traveler name rather than the 2 names I submitted. I called Travelex expecting push back or issues, but they quickly made the change and sent back a revised doc. Very painless and the agent was great.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts!

We appreciate the excellent rating. We hope that you think of Travelex the next time you are looking to insure your travel. If you want to speak to a representative, please call us at 1-800-228-9792, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm CST, and we would be happy to assist you.

Thanks again and have a fantastic day!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Very fast and complete online process; transaction and confirmation were instant. Very pleased with how easy it was to comply with the requirements. Would be even better if I could speak to someone when filling out the forms to make sure I was buying adequate coverage.

We just recently purchased our policy and hopefully will not need to use it. The lady that I spoke with when I called was extremely helpful, courteous and efficient. Within a very short time she explained my options and emailed me quotes so that I was able to further review them, make my decision and easily complete my purchase online.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback!

We are happy to hear about your good experience with us, and we look forward to insuring your future trips.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Your staff was very, very helpful. Very happy with the service and interaction with your staff. She answered all my questions and helped me purchase our travel insurance for our trip to Colorado. I was very pleased with your customer service.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

We appreciate the excellent rating. We value your business and process claims with every consideration related to the details of the policy.

We are looking forward to insuring your future trips!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I have always used Travelex for my trip insurance, and I have had excellent service. I appreciate being able to apply and receive coverage online. I did have to cancel a trip a few years ago, and Travelex covered all of the expenses. I was very satisfied with the experience.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback!

We are so happy to hear about your experience and look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I was treated as a person who was a friend and important and not a first timer as they had some of the info. on hand. Great and easy. The person who I talked to was kind and interested for our safety. Thank you.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

We appreciate the kind words and look forward to insuring all of your future trips!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I used the mobile site to purchase some travel insurance for my upcoming honeymoon. Pricing was fair, everything was transparent, quick & easy. No unexpected costs and I promptly received the policy in the mail. I would definitely use Travelex again for future travel.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you so much for your kind words.

It’s important to our company to hear that our claims processes are fair and reimbursement for losses are received promptly.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

The lady who helped me register for the policy was very courteous and helpful. I have used your company in the past, and was hospitalized in 2008 in Vietnam. I had to also undergo several tests and ambulance rides. The company was prompt in reviewing and paying my claim.

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to post!

I’m glad to hear that your experience with our claims process was easy. We strive to make submitting a claim as simple as possible. Travelex’ s coverage with no deductibles, lets you spend less time and hassle to receive reimbursement for eligible losses from us first, before any other collectible insurance.

We are looking forward to insuring your next trip! Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I will not use any other company from now on! From choosing the right plan, filing a medical claim, and receiving a timely reimbursement, this company is A+! We had to go to the Emergency room in Mexico and this company walked me through everything I would need to do and paperwork I would need to secure for our claim. Upon returning home they walked me through completing the claim forms step by step. Made the process very easy! We use this company for every trip we go on!

Travelex Insurance Services

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We appreciate you being a loyal customer of Travelex Insurance Service, and we recommend you consider the Flight Insure Plus Multi-Trip Plan, for your future trips. Please feel free to contact our Customer Solutions Team at 1-800-228-9792 with any questions you may have.

We look forward to insuring your future travel. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I always go to Travelex. They have an easy to use website and they are rated highly. I use flight accident insurance for all my trips. It is a good feeling to know my kids would be taken care of. It is the company I always use.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Travelex is a leading travel insurance provider, with more than 650 locations worldwide. Each year, more than 1.3 billion travelers pass through one of their gateways.

• Multi-tiered pricing: They offer three pricing tiers with clearly laid out coverage levels.
  • High-limit medical coverage: Get medical expense coverage of up to $100,000 per trip.
  • Children travel free: With the right plan, children under the age of 21 are included at no extra charge.
  • Extended trip duration: Single-trip policies will cover vacations of up to 180 days.
  • Trip interruption coverage: In the event of an interruption, certain Travelex plans cover 150 percent of the cost of the trip.
  • Best for Leisure travelers, adventurers and family trippers.

Question and Answers - Travelex Insurance Services

What problem is Travelex Insurance trying to solve?

Travelex Insurance protects travelers from the unexpected expenses and assists in dealing with unforeseen events which could occur while traveling.

What sets Travelex apart from the competition?

Travelex is extremely proud of our "ExFactor" advantage over the competition which entails our experienced people, excellent protection plans and exceptional customer care. We pride ourselves on the fact that every client, customer, travel agent is treated as a VIP. We understand that many people do not understand travel insurance; our clients can rely on Travelex to provide the most appropriate plan with excellent service before, after and during their trip to be sure their needs are met.

What needs does Travelex fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

The Travelex protection plans offer 24-hour coverage for trip cancellations, flight delays, medical emergencies and evacuations and much more depending on the plan purchased. Many of the Travelex plans provide First Payer Coverage with no deductible. This means we pay first but may recover funds from medical & other collectible insurance plans. Our plans are available through major travel providers including tour operators, cruise lines, and thousands of travel agents across the country as well as online at www.travelexinsurance.com.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

Most people do not understand the need for travel insurance. In today's world there are so many uncertainties that can impact their trip investment, for example: trip cancellations due to natural disasters such as volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes; trip delays, sickness, injury, terrorist attacks, delayed baggage and the list goes on. The cost of one of these events would in most cases more than cover the cost of a Travelex protection plan.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 years to 10 years?

Prior to 9/11 the participation rate of travelers purchasing travel insurance was approximately 4%. Today approximately 33% of travelers who have undertaken significant travel (either traveled abroad or spent more than a week away from home) stated they have been covered by one or more types of travel insurance.

In addition, to more people purchasing travel insurance, more and more sales channels have been established and grown. Ten years ago the majority of travel insurance was sold by travel agents, tour operators and cruise lines. Today credit card companies, banks, online travel agency, airlines and travel insurance aggregators all sell a considerable amount of travel insurance in addition to the traditional channels.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Travelex Insurance?

Travelex Insurance Service is part of the Travelex Group which is the world's largest retail foreign exchange specialist. Travelex Group located in London, England serves retail customers directly providing foreign exchange, pre-paid currency cards and international payment services through a range of convenient channels. Customers can choose to do business with us in store, online or via our extensive network of ATMs.

In addition Travelex Group also works with a range of business partners to offer foreign currency services to their customers. We have long-term strategic relationships with a number of airport operators, retailers, travel agents and financial institutions who rely on us for retail foreign exchange, outsourcing and wholesale banknote solutions.

Has Travelex received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Travelex Insurance Services is a seven time winner of the Virtuoso Best Specialty Provider Award. This Award is unique in that the Virtuoso travel advisors vote for the winner. The fact that Travelex is continually recognized with this award is a tribute to the quality protection plans and exceptional service we provide every day to travel agents and travelers alike.

How has Travelex Insurance grown or evolved?

Travelex continues to modify and upgrade our plans to meet the needs of today's travelers. The company has progressed through the evolution of travel insurance products which started as a simple flight accidental death and dismemberment plans offered mainly through airport counter locations, to today where Travelex offers more comprehensive travel package plans sold through multiple venues including travel agents, tour operators, cruise lines and online travel agencies.

Our plans have mainly evolved with the needs of the leisure traveling public by including features such as a pre-existing medical waiver on most plans, a family friendly kids free plan, pet insurance provisions and a 'cancel for any reason' upgrade – to name a few.

How does Travelex measure success?

Customer satisfaction is the key success measurement for Travelex Insurance Services. When Travelex is able to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations our distributors are more likely to sell more insurance, travelers are more likely to become repeat customers and both are more like to be advocates of our company attracting more customers for us.

Travelex measures our customer satisfaction through customer feedback surveys, industry review site ratings, agency attrition rate and customer testimonials.

Travelex Insurance Services Company Profile