3.34/5

Looking for travel insurance?

Trip Mate Insurance

Looking for travel insurance?

Trip Mate Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Awful Company, Painful to deal with their service company. My nephew had Trip Mate travel insurance and drowned at a resort in Mexico. His insurance was supposed to cover the return of his remains. The travel insurance service company handling the policy was unresponsive and rarely called back. It has been 28 days since he died and even though Trip Mate has plenty of documents, including the death certificate, they keep asking for more and have not paid the local funeral home for the cremation and repatriation of his remains. My nephew's body has been sitting in a morgue for 28 days. 28 days!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Booked a trip to Paris/London/Ireland - walking tour with Globus, Tripmate was our insurance. My husband developed plantar fasciitis and unable to make the walking tours. I cancelled my trip, submitted a claim, doctor completed their portion, then 40 days later was requested more documents. The info on file does not provide treatment date at the time of cancellation. Went back to the doctor, called many time and on hold FOREVER, claim was closed with no settlement. This company sucks!! I lost over $1000.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Don't let this company fool you. They say a lot about how they will provide great service if you need a refund but it is not true. They make the refund process as long as possible and drag it out longer than the 25 days. Not only that, we canceled because there was a Dengue outbreak at our destination. The CDC issued a warning against pregnant women going and we even sent a doctor's note dating sites. I claim for a full refund. Was denied, and we only received 75% of the refund. When I checked this website to see reviews I noticed that the first four or five reviews are five star. I believe they are made up lies to make this company look better, the one star reviews tell a story similar to the one I had. Please go with another company and check their reputation before you lose your money like we did.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

No refund check yet. I paid for a trip for me and my grandson, bought Trip Mate insurance just in case. Turned in documents as required and still no refund. It's been 2 months. When can I expect my refund check? Yahweh **

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

See above. They make the reimbursement process as slow and convoluted as possible with the goal of rejecting claims. I was told over the phone that I would qualify for multiple kinds of medical reimbursement, that were ultimately denied due to a willful misinterpretation of the evidence they required from me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trip Mate Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Had a Sandals vacation booked with my daughter for April 3. My husband of 28 years, her father, passed away on Apr. 1. All required documentation supplied on a timely manner. 5 1/2 months later Trip Mate decides no benefit payable??? And they are not communicating with me. How can this be possible - death immediate family member???

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

My son purchased travel insurance through Trip Mate for a trip to Thailand on 5/25/19. He could not leave on the trip that day because he had emergency appendectomy surgery. He rebooked the trip for 6/7/19 and was advised to purchase a new insurance plan. All paperwork was submitted by the end of June. The claim has been denied. The reason stated is that he made additional travel arrangements, and the old travel insurance was still in effect on the newly booked trip. This information was not shared beforehand. I would advise NEVER purchase travel insurance from Trip Mate. It appears that their policies are unclear, unfair and wrong. An appeal process is provided; however, I believe it will be a waste of my time. Even though the staff is professional, the company is not to be trusted. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

We have been dealing with Trip Mate for 6 months about interruption of trip insurance and have called customer service asking to speak to supervisor. No call back. Then called 6 times to customer service with no one answering phone. Left message each time. Just want to resolve claim but no one to discuss issue. No customer service!!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

We scheduled a Lindblad National Geographic Expedition and purchased trip insurance from Trip Mate. Subsequently, my husband received a diagnosis of leukemia, and he began chemotherapy. Sadly, we had to cancel our dream trip. On June 28, Trip Mate received a complete copy of all forms to make our claim. Fortunately, Lindblad had already refunded 50% of my trip's cost. 8 weeks since Trip Mate received my documentation and several phone calls, I am still waiting for a check from Trip Mate. They promise 25 day (5 weeks) reimbursement. After 25 days, they requested another 21 days. I want to let others know that receiving a Trip Mate reimbursement for a trip cancelled for medical reasons may be a long process. And I can't say whether they will refund the rest of my trip's cost.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Anyone who uses this service deserves what they get, which is nothing! The lying never stops. They will tell you anything to put off reimbursing you what you are entitle to. We purchased insurance to be fully reimbursed for ANY REASON and still they refuse to reimburse us. The excuses and inept support is shocking. Stay far away from this company. We have documented proof that we are legally entitled to get reimbursed should we need to cancel and NOTHING but excuses. If you use this company you deserve what you get. Don't be a fool. Lastly, I'd be shocked if they had the decency to publish this.

Trip Mate Insurance Company Information