Super 8 Hotels

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I booked a one night room at Super 8 Hotel on 1121 Bell Road Nashville TN and based on past years experience when obviously it was under American management, it was in good condition. When I entered the parking lot, the entrance to the rooms were through a dark, dangerous small alley - way. Suddenly, I was aware that the rooms wouldn't be much better.

When we arrived at the room, sure enough, the top cover was dirty and had holes in them. The towels were dingy and the entire room looked dirty. I didn't feel comfortable in the bed or even eating on the desks. One of the lamps were broken. I didn't even feel comfortable taking a shower, even after I had cleaned the room and the shower. I wouldn't recommend anyone staying at that hotel. The condition is disrespectful to all customers!

Booked rooms with Expedia month before arriving, booked 2 non smoking rooms, arrived and received 2 smoking rooms, asked why, was told first come first served, then was told our fault for using Expedia and not booking in person. Tried to stay in rooms but our room had burn holes in comforter and smell was unbearable. We had to go book rooms at another hotel. Called Expedia and hotel says they could only refund 2nd night stay, so we received half refund. Hotel did not give us what we paid for but is allowed to keep money for room, so I was penalized for them giving my paid non-smoking rooms to someone else. How is this right? I showed up on time, my room was booked and paid for in advance and yet they are allowed not to refund both nights.

I stayed at this location on the night of 10/18/2016. Room 159 know the back side of the property. I was really disappointed in the condition of my room. I have stayed in several motel 8s across florida and Georgia. First, the entry door was dirty and needed painting. Also, when closed there was a large gap and you could see daylight through the cracks. Next, the toilet plugged up on the first flush. Called desk. They were surprised that someone was in the room they had rented the room out to some else, and they were coming with a plunger. Never showed up. I finally fixed it myself. The carpet in the room smelled and felt wet in several spots. I wore my shoes the entire time I was there.

I went to take a shower on the morning of the 19th as I had a doctors appointment to 7:00 am. I pulled the handle know the water control and it pulled out of the wall but stayed fastened. I had stayed in this motel as a convenience so I wouldn't have to drive 65 miles from home for my appointment at 7 the next morning. This is the worse Super 8 I have ever stayed in and will probably never stay in one again. The staff was friendly and seemed overworked. I wasn't offered a receipt when I checked out as the desk person was busy on the phone.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I stayed in Super 8 Azusa, CA for long time. I gave form to participate in Wyndham. To the man there who is charge for everything, I forgot his name, he is from India, I had discovered that man cheated me. Maybe he took my points. Who's responsible? Please I need the corporate manager. Contact me ASAP.

I just stayed a night in the Nampa, ID Super 8. The room had been remodeled and was very clean and pleasant. The beds were terrible. The mattresses were old and lumpy, the box springs creaked and crunched like they were going to crumble any minute. In all my 50 years of travel all across the USA, I've never slept on such a bad bed. From now on I'll check the beds before I accept the room in ANY motel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super 8 Hotels?

My husband and I are 53 year old, non-partying, responsible, mature adults, who stayed at the Super 8 motel in Nashville, TN on Dickerson Pike on August 24, 2016 when we were traveling to visit with friends. We did not make a reservation in advance and paid with our debit card when we went in and got a room. The payment of $77.41 (the rate for a one night stay, including tax, etc.) shows clearing our bank account on August 29, 2016. Today, September 22, 2016, when checking our bank account, we found that a charge of $83.18 to Super 8 in Nashville, TN on Dickerson Pike is pending for August 24, 2016. They are trying to double charge us (and at a higher rate even!) for a one night stay at their hotel.

When I called the motel to ask why they were trying to run our debit card a month later and charge it AGAIN for the same night that we stayed there, I was told that the manager was not there and I would have to call back. This has happened 3 times now. Luckily, we are able to straighten this out at our bank, but I wanted others to be warned that this motel will do this to people and that it is totally unacceptable. The rooms were average motel rooms. They were clean enough. The customer service was average. The value for the area was average and I have used the star rating to reflect those things just to be fair, but this ordeal has turned us against ever staying at another Super 8 motel.

I checked into this hotel 9/17/2016 and was informed cash is no longer accepted as of September 2026?? Nevertheless I was given room 317, and the shower area to me was in need of repair and someone who can see and clean up totally after each guest leaves. There was used soap in shower, the ceiling was in need of repair, you just don't get the feeling it is a clean environment.

A little old, but clean. Safe, clean, friendly - what else would one need? The owners were warm and really tried to make us feel welcomed. No bed bugs or dead bodies. I'M OCD SO CLEAN REALLY MATTERS TO ME. WE WERE VERY IMPRESSED. WE WERE TRAVELING CROSS COUNTRY FROM NJ TO AZ.

Checked into room. Mirror was hanging from one side. 10 minutes later mirror falls off and shatters. Manager immediately starts blaming us for it. They ended up charging my card $125 for mirror and coffee pot. Went back. Tried to talk to manager. He didn't want to hear anything. Basically called us liars. I travel to Center frequently and always stay here but never again.

My family members, along with some guests booked a room just to have a fun filled day. To my surprise they were told they couldn't swim in the pool area. I didn't know guest were not allowed to swim here. I assumed that's what the area was for right? They feel they were being discriminated against. If a person is paying for a room they should receive all the amenities it offers!

We arrived late in the afternoon in late June at a Motel8 in Brighton, CO... We had a reservation for the only motel room available in the entire area because there was some sort of big tournament in the Denver area and all the other motels were fully booked. When we went into the 2nd floor room we were assigned it was obvious that the climate control (air conditioning in this case) was not operating. I made a trip to the receptionist's area and informed the lady at the desk of the unbearable heat, only to be told that the maintenance man had gone home for the day. I explained to the receptionist that there was no way we could sleep in that heat and asked her to get somebody back to deal with the air conditioning.

Nobody came... so, at about 8 PM I returned to the front office to ask about the repairs and was informed that the maintenance personnel and the manager would be returning the next morning. Again, I insisted that the management attempt to get the issue corrected that evening, at which time I was told, in a very angry voice, "I will refund your money and you can find your own ** room" (obviously, most of that expletive has been replaced with other characters, but you get the idea). So now I had been cursed for expecting that the management would attempt to correct the issue before we had to face a night of oppressive heat in a room for which we had a reasonable expectation that climate control would be working.

The next day the manager had returned, so I discussed the issue with her. She did not listen, in fact she made every attempt to talk over me as I was explaining the problem. She did offer a 10% refund, which was obviously unacceptable given the circumstances, and said that they were going to have the A/C unit serviced that day, so we headed off to Denver for the day's planned activities. When we returned about 6PM the room was still sweltering hot; obviously, nobody had repaired the A/C. We had no choice but to stay in that motel room that night... and again, the sweltering summer heat deprived us of any opportunity to sleep.

Wyndam Group's customer service department just called this morning, so I was expecting a more acceptable resolution. The rep offered a 50% refund... this, again, was unacceptable because we were not able to use the room for the purpose for which we had rented it, specifically to sleep that night, too. The customer service representative was insistent that was all he would offer, despite the admission that he had the authority to offer a greater refund, and the reason he gave was that it was our choice to stay the second night. Again, I explained that all motel rooms (and car rentals) in the entire area were booked solid, but that did not seem to matter to him.

Needless to say, I am continuing to attempt to resolve this issue with the Wyndham Hotel Group, but if it is not resolved in a manner in which I find acceptable Wyndham can just kiss the possibility of getting any more of my business goodbye... and I have stayed in Motel8 accommodations in many locations between the Gulf of Mexico and the Rocky Mountain area without any problems such as this.

So... bottom line... if you expect your room's temperature to be maintained at a comfortable temperature, don't sleep at the Brighton, CO Motel8. If you think it is inappropriate for the counter staff to address you in a profane manner, you may want to avoid the Brighton, CO Motel8. If you choose to do so anyway, don't expect any help from the corporate office's customer relations department, you'll be sorely disappointed if you do.

Never again will I return to the Brighton, CO Motel8...and if the Wyndham Group's Consumer Affairs department does not resolve this issue in a manner in which I find acceptable, I will never again return to ANY Motel8, or any of the other Wyndham Group's properties. You can, however, avoid any such experiences if you will just listen to my story and avoid the real problem, which is the Wyndham Group's failure to make sure their outlets are managed in a professional manner.

When trying to pay said only cash with no receipt, in July in TX and air was not working. Slept in a chair next to air conditioning and still was sweating, bathroom was dirty even walls had something smeared. Got up to eat and food was either nasty or very cold so threw it all away, never so happy to leave somewhere. Have emailed corporate. Said they would get back with me but surprise surprise nothing. Don't understand how air conditioning cannot work and why we had to pay cash 65$ and receipt in Moring said $62.15. There is not one good thing I can say about this company and corporate.

This hotel lacks customer service and professionalism. They have no idea how to conduct business. The rooms were not horrible. Rooms includes broken and scratched furniture, a lock box that was rusted, bent and broken. Television was broken and bent over like someone tried to swivel the screen but it did not swivel. The door was warped and would not shut properly. We intended to stay there on our family vacation but when we arrived we quickly found out that the lobby was the only presentable area of the whole place. We ended not staying there. We immediately went to the front desk to ask for our money back but were told that the manager was not there and we would probably not get our money back because we went through Priceline. We lost close to $500.00. The manager would not give us our money back.

This hotel has no idea how to run business. We did find another hotel at South Padre which was incredible and the management very nice. If it was not for this other hotel we would have been in big trouble. This vacation was one of the worst experiences of our life. We lost $500 dollars and were treated like our opinion or needs did not matter as customers. Please do not stay at this hotel. It is a nightmare.

I booked 2 rooms from Hotelplanner.com for 2 nights (June 29 & 30, 2016). Each room has 2 Queen beds for 4 adults (confirmation # **). When we drove to and check in, the manager, a small Indian lady, said: I ordered online for 1 person each room. I had to pay extra for 3 more people each room for 2 nights or I had to call hotelplanner. I saw the paper she handed out. It just listed the name of the person who is in charge of the room. I explained, she closed her ears. I couldn't contact hotelplanner or cancel the booking. The manager left my seven relatives stayed in hot weather for an hour in trying to squeeze my money ($30 extra for each room). Room looked dirty and had terrible smell. TV remote had no battery cover, microwave had no knob. Keys were reprogrammed each day??? At the time of checkout, I refused to sign on the rip-off charges. This is not the way to conduct a business.

My brother and I stayed at a super 8 in boise id in april to welcome his new granddaughter. We stayed 3 days. We came home and last month we discovered we have bed bugs. Orkin said it takes 3 months to populate. I called Super 8 and complained - they said it was an epidemic. They also said they would get back to but never did. I called priceline as well and complained. They simply don't care. We had to pay for a room, flight, car. Now bed bugs. Something needs to be done. I will never recommend or stay in a super 8 again. Thank you linda.

Stayed 3 nights in Madison Wi. The room was not cleaned, no new towels, coffee or toilet paper. Person at the front desk couldn't care less. They apparently have no housekeeping staff.

My husband and I stayed at the Super 8 in Fergus Falls, MN from July 14th to July 17th. We didn't have air when we got there. We went down to the front desk and told them. We were told they would take care of it. We came back a few hours later and no air. Went back down. They said they will take care of it, never happen. On Friday July 15th we talked to the manager. Told us they would take care of it. We had no air and our room was not cleaned. Dirty towels were on the floor, and, still no air. Saturday morning talked to another person. They said they would put us in a different room when we got back. We got back Saturday evening around 10:00 PM, and, they didn't have any empty rooms, so, we slept in a hot and dirty room. My husband and I both wrote complaints to the general manager who is Samantha **. We told me she would refund us our full payment and we have not received a thing.

I spoke to her on July 28th and kept telling me that they took care of it, but, I called the bank and they looked into it and they never reverse the money. I am so upset with this situation I could scream. I kept e-mailing her and she told me not to do it anymore because it cost Super 8 $80.00 for every time I e-mail her. I just want somebody to take care of this, send us our money and be done. The amount that we were charged was $390.22, and, on our receipt it says $343.72. I asked her why she give me all kinds of reason and I have no idea. Why the difference. I want some answers and I want my full refund, please. I will never go to another Super 8 again. This is so upsetting what we had to go through. I would appreciate some answers, asap. Thank you.

We stayed at the Super 8 Downtown Hotel in Nashville, TN. The room was very nasty stains on the walls, mold in the bathroom, lamp had duct tape holding it together, the mattress and box springs were at least 30 years old very nasty, carpet was very nasty, the place smelled like cat urine, the chain link door lock was broke, sheet were all stained. (He told me he put the sheets on that bed himself that they were cleaned.) I had a few words about that also. This room was not clean enough for pigs to stay.

I went right to the front desk and told him everything. All he said was "yes I know but I only work here" (REALLY). Would not get another room or refund our money. We had no choice but to stay there we already paid our money. The worst place I have ever stayed. Had to call the police because we heard gun shots going off, tried to call the front desk no one would answer our call we tried for over 2 hours. Tried calling the main office to complain, they put us on hold for over an hour, never did get to talk to anyone. The front part of the hotel looks okay, but when you go around the building it's falling apart. We stayed on the right side of the hotel room 137 I think (can't remember, guess I want to forget I was ever there).

My husband and I stayed at the Super 8 motel on Russell Street in Sioux Falls SD on Saturday night July 23. We had booked the room on Booking.com. When we arrived at the motel to check in we were greeted by 2 people who did not speak English!!! Do you realize how frustrating that was?!!! When we got to our room, we found soiled and stained bed covers or spreads. That was disgusting!!! Then we tried to secure the chain lock by the door in the chain holder only to find out that the holder was installed upside down so the chain would fall out. That didn't make me feel safe at all!!! Our room was in a section that was non-smoking, but when we checked out the next morning, found a cigarette butt outside our door!!! We are not smokers!!! We will NEVER stay at another Super 8!!! The cost was very expensive for the way we found things. We didn't want to eat breakfast there after all this.

When my family checked in to room 233 at this motel my boyfriend and son had a scary and very dangerous experience. While trying to plug a bedside lamp into the socket my son got a shock and my boyfriend got electrocuted by it! We immediately notified staff of the situation. They moved us to another room 235, but my boyfriend was in pain and uncomfortable the rest of that night. Also he received external burns and melted skin of thumb and index finger. The staff denied any compensation or action that same night. They informed us that we had to wait for the manager to be in to take any complaint or action.

So the next morning at check out we spoke with manager and he told us, "No big deal, I get shocked all the time, don't know why you still complaining?" He did not take any responsibility for this negligence and only offered $9 of our money back to compensate. I feel because of this negligence we were not taken seriously as this caused our family great distress as well as personal injury during our stay.

Checking in they gave us a room that had not been clean. We checked in at 8:00 at night. Why wasn't the room clean that time of night. Morning come, go for light breakfast, make a cup coffee - it's cooled. Go tell guy at front desk, he tells me he was going to toss it out because it was yesterday's coffee so I ask, "What are you waiting for? You should have tossed yesterday." (No he was going to heat and sit it right back.) Look down in the cup and a bug in it. The desk clerk as he getting the coffee tell me, "I will get you a new cup of coffee" (no the coffee he take back will be my NEW cup of coffee), not happen. Now I know why that room was dirty as we was checking out we see this older couple cleaning the rooms. I said they should be cleaning these rooms. Super 8 York, 40 Arsenal Road, York Pa 17404.

I had booked 11 rooms at the hotel for my family first vacation to Kentucky Kingdom. I had booked these rooms over a month prior. When my guest first arrived at the hotel the sign to the left of the front desk stated that check in was at 2:00 p.m. EST. When my guest tried to check in she was told by a Shanelle that she could not check in until 3:00 p.m. EST due to the cleaning staff not finished with the rooms. She was ensured that when she checked in that her room would be perfect since she had to wait an hour before she could check in and go to the amusement park (Kentucky Kingdom). She paid with cash and went to her room.

Once she opened her door she called me and told me that the sheets were not clean, the bathroom still had rags from the prior guest and that there were holes in the wall by the bed. She went downstairs to ask for a refund and was told by the front desk lady (Danielle) that she had already drop the cash deposit at the bank. She was told that the manager Dave would be there on Sunday July 17 to refund her and that she would take her around to find a room that was better. Ms. ** (who was nice) took my guest to three rooms. One room had no air and had a box fan. The next room was full of cigarettes butts and smoke. The last room she took and then discovered "black mold" and her room door would not shut.

When I arrived I spoke to Ms. ** about the issue who at first stated that she is front desk and does not work in cleaning and the cleaning staff is not there. She stated that the only thing she could do is allow me to see my guest see their room first before they pay. At this point all of the surrounding hotels were booked (this is the reason why I constantly called to make sure everything was ok prior due to us checking in late to go to the amusement park first.) I looked at me and my mother in law room which were on the first floor and ok except for the fact my mother in-law t.v did not work. My next guest came in to check in and was shown 3 different rooms. The first room floor was missing in the bathroom. The next room the shower faucet was not on all the way, and the last room she stated also did not have any air and the lamp was broken. She decided to drive around to find another hotel and ended up with one far from the rest of us.

The next guest checked in and had a King reserved and was shown four different rooms. The first room did not have any air. The next room was full of smoke and not clean. The 3rd room only had one full size bed. The last room was full of trash but was ok enough to sleep. The next guest I had check in on the Friday 07/15/2016 and did not have any comforters on the bed. The last guest was ok with her room until she looked behind her dresser and it was full of trash and bugs.

I was told that Dave the manager would be in on Sunday. I waited to check out to only be told by Shenelle that he was not coming in for the day that she would give him my number. I called today 07/18/2016 and was told again by Shanelle that she didn't know if the manager would be in but she has my number. I told her that I am sure he won't call so I will continue to call. I am very embarrassed and disappointed at the treatment and the customer service that we received at this hotel.

Went thru booking.com to book our room. When we got to the desk the guy behind the desk told us that we could have gotten the room $25's cheaper if we would have booked directly with their hotel! Room was clean, but there was no frig, 1/2 of a roll of toilet paper and 1 small bar of soap - went to the front desk and asked for some shampoo and was told that it would cost 50cents!!! The room was $91.82 for the night, one would think that amenities like soap, toliet paper, and shampoo would be included in the room rate! Didn't need an alarm clock, because when a shower was turned on it made a horrible noise that echoed thru the room! I work 3 jobs, so when I do get away I like to get what I pay for, I don't think that's asking too much!!!

I booked and paid in advance via hotwire for a weeks. Stay at Frederick super 8 in Maryland aprox. may 20th. When I arrived to check in I was told I had to give them a credit card to hold for incidentals and was told it would not be charged and would just be held on file. Right after check in I was notified by American Express that my card was charged at the same time I checked in for 237.08. I went to the front desk to inquire as to why my card was charged and was told no manager was there so "sorry cant help you".

I became very angry the front desk and then a manager by the name of "will" refused to give me last name, came and laughed and smirked at my complaint. I threatened to call the cops for them stealing my money and then another manager came out, "Mr Fahmy". He told me they did not charge my card and called me a liar. Well after a very heated exchange he then threatened me and said "we know how to deal with people like you." I said "what. Call the cops. Go ahead. You stole from me." He said "no, we have other ways to deal with people like you."

So I left and did not stay there as they stole from me then threatened me when I complained. I was shocked at the way I was treated and will never stay at another super 8 again. And this has now become personal. How can you have people like that working there. After that I even got more of a run around by their 800 number customer service and email. Was told my card was never charged, then when I sent in a statement proving it - I was charged - I was then told they paid it back. When I said "it was not paid back" I was told to deal with Frederick Super 8 myself. I told him "no. I will not subject myself to that again." He then placed me on hold. When came back said they will be calling me back in 20 min. Well as expected no call was returned.

I have a problem due to lack of understanding & or communication with this motels staff. I made two reservations for this motel as you will see. I checked in in Saturday morning, and upon doing so I told the young man at desk I had made two separate reservations. He told me that I only had one, and he charged me for one. My husband who was standing beside me told me "don't worry about it, let it go", as we were in a hurry and had our bags in room and leave. I paid and left it at that. The next morning (Sunday) before checking out, I called the front desk to inquire about the rate for another night's stay. The gentleman asked for my name, and room #, put me on hold and came back on line with price. We then decided to check out and go back home to Tampa (200 miles away).

Now, with all that said. We checked out Sunday. Sunday evening, I checked my account for the weekend's transactions & seen I was charged for the 2nd night stay (Sunday that was my original reservation) that I was told Saturday morning I didn't have. I called the motel, and was told that was my charge for not cancelling. I explained to this staff member the above circumstances & was told he would call me back Monday 7/4 by 12 pm. I waited until 2 pm, with no call. I called the motel & asked for the manager. He told me someone would call me back. I received call back by the same individual I had spoke with originally Sunday evening. He proceeded to tell me that he reviewed the tape and I never mentioned the second reservation/confirmation to the young man upon my check in. (I indeed mentioned this, and also in this "tape" is my husband telling me just let it go, don't worry about it right now. )

He proceeded to tell me I would get a call back by a manager and he was going to contact that young man and see if he remembered me, or our interaction. At 5 pm, I received a call from a "manager" who again told me I never mentioned my having 2 separate reservations & or confirmation(s), and he spoke to this young man & he didn't remember me bringing it up. Well, I didn't think he would as this was a very hectic time. With that, this manager told me it was my fault, and I skipped out on my reservation therefore they were not giving a refund of any sort. #1 With the staff knowing I was onsite. #2. I called front desk prior to check out for rate for that evening (being I was told I had no other reservation) they asked for my name. He put me on hold & came back with rate info.

Now, why would I have checked out, drive 200 miles back home shortening my stay, throwing away $185.00? Especially, me knowing they're aware I've been there? Doesn't make sense why a person that works hard for every dollar would do that. It wasn't as if I wasn't there at all. I stayed the one night they told me I had. If I had been there, where I had planned to be until Monday 7/4, I wouldn't have been in accident Sunday driving back home across the state of Florida having to be towed. I know that is out of anyone's hands, just saying that wouldn't have happened. They're refusing to listen to me, he said "What I say goes, it is your fault you're getting nothing back".

Take in mind this is a $80.00 a night facility, and during this special event profited 110% with the $182.00 rate. They wouldn't even compromise nor acknowledge their fault in events that led up to this. In closing I feel I was taken advantage of, and maybe in part that I only paid $62.00 for Sat 7/3, versus the nearly double going rate. Allowing this to happen is unacceptable. I have written a letter our Attorney General, Super 8 Corporate, and Wyndham Rewards. I feel I should receive compensation back.

This is my complaint regarding a recent hotel stay where I was extremely inconvenienced, verbally and physically assaulted by the hotel manager. I stayed at the Super 8 Hotel on West O Street in Lincoln, NE from Sunday until Wednesday (June 19 through 22nd 2016) and I booked it through Hotwire.com. Upon arrival, we noticed the room was hot (it was 90 plus degrees outside) and the air conditioning wasn't working. So we requested a room change, but was denied. Later the very rude manager who lives on property put a fan in our room while we were gone like that was a solution but it just blew hot air around in the hot room.

We made several complaints to Hotwire and eventually got a full refund. Last night (June 21) the room next to us flooding due to a pipe under the toilet and we (my fiance and I) alerted the on-site manager of the flooding and even helped her stop the water. When you see the photos at the link below you will see that the entire floor in that room, the hallway and our room was flooded and we had sustained damages to items we had on the floor.

The on-site manager that night quickly tried to remedy the flood in the hall and in the room next door which caused the ceilings on the first floor below us to collapse (also evident in the pictures) but no efforts were made to accommodate us or assess our property damage. The night manager only brought us extra towels and had contractors working all night which kept us up, causing me to miss my appointments Wednesday morning. The night managers and front desk people continuously told us they weren't authorized to assist us and that we needed to speak to the manager in the morning but she dodged us all the time. The front desk person told me she was dodging us and gave me the number to her husband and the hotel accountant.

After not hearing anything from management and calling for hours I approached the front desk today around noon. When I approached her I simply asked her to call Hotwire so she could confirm our refund because that is all Hotwire was waiting on. She claimed she didn't know the number to Hotwire and then said I should be thankful that she was allowing them to reimburse me for the room.

I told her that was only part of the problem. The flooding damaged our bags and the contents that were sitting by the door which included 3 laptops, 2 Android tablets, one iPad air and many of our clothes. I asked her for her insurance adjuster's name or for a claim form so we could make record of the damages and she told me and I quote, "you shouldn't have had your things on the floor, it's not my fault, it was an accident. So do what you need to do." I immediately contacted my local attorney Dana ** of London Law Firm (londonlaw@neb.rr.com) and he advised me to file a claim and reports with the police, Better Business Bureau, and Super 8 corporate.

Once I told the manager what I was instructed to do, she quickly turned off her surveillance camera systems and began attacking me verbally, calling me curse words, saying "what do you expect this is Super 8 not Radisson Inn, etc..." The young lady at the front desk with her told me she turned the cameras off and apologized repeatedly. I then turned on my recorder on my phone and asked the manager to repeat what she said after she said, "you black people are always causing problems and are so ** cheap." She also claimed I was a liar and that we had no damages even though she refused to come assess the damage with us. I included that video in the link below as well and in it you can see her smack me and try to take my phone away.

My fiance and I were in court all week at Lancaster County but tomorrow I am getting estimates to repair the devices and will try to assess the value of our clothing which is sour from sitting in water for hours. If the devices cannot be repaired, which I doubt they can be, maybe we can at least get the hard drives backed up and get the data transferred to new devices. Please help!!!

Super 8 motel @ Mt Pleasant Iowa, dates of stay 06-27-16 and 06/28/16. Poor service. There is a remodel ongoing at this location. The workers were constantly using the F word without even caring if there were any kids around. The water was cut off at 6 pm on a 96 degree day. When asked to speak to a manager I was told she is not taking calls, it's her day off? Worst place I ever stayed. I watched the construction worked toss construction materials in to the weeds instead of walking to the dumpster. Never will I stay at a Wyndham hotel chain.

My husband and I and our daughter stayed the night at super 8 in mt pleasant mi. My husband is disabled and has a service animal. We went down to the breakfast room and the clerk came in screaming at my husband that his dog couldn't be in the breakfast area even though she had her working vest and harness on. Totally humiliated my husband in front of other guests. Management and corporate said nothing to rectify matter.

We spent $268 plus tax totaling $300.16 for two nights and two beds at Super 8, unfortunately. I was looking forward to going to a wedding and Super 8 ruined my weekend. When we first walked into the room it smelled horrible. I will just go down my list. The toilet tank was BLACK and all around the rim also. The next day the toilet plugged up and we had to get someone to unplug it. The shower curtain had specks of mold on it and it smelled terrible. We asked the desk clerk if he had a new shower curtain to put up. He said he didn't but he could go up and spray it with Clorox. Which he did and he cleaned the toilet. We asked him for more toilet paper as the roll that was already in there upon arriving was only one quarter of a roll.

The telephone was dead and about 20 years old. The t.v. was fuzzy and again around 20 years old. The wall socket in the bathroom was so worn out that we could not use it. We asked the clerk for another chair so we could play cards or something and we didn't get one so I sat on the cooler. The carpet was filthy under the bed skirts where we found a 10 inch dog toy and dirt. We found a big bottle of shampoo and conditioner in the window sill. There was NO air conditioning in the hallways. It was 90* outside. We were afraid to get into bed in fear of bed bugs.

For warning, there are no elevators but I heard Hotels with only two floors does not have elevators. We both have health issues, hip problems and back problems. This is not a place for handicap people to stay. We were in Noblesville, Indiana. I suggest you stay somewhere else other than Super 8. There was no microwave or refrigeration. Room was totally too expensive for the misery we suffered.

Horrible experience overall with this hotel. I have stayed at many other hotels over the years. Super 8 is the worst in room accommodation and customer service. The phone in my assigned room did not work. One of the buttons on the TV remote did not work. There was a scorched area on the rug. No fitted bottom sheet on the bed; mattress, mattress pad, and then a top sheet and then another top sheet on top of the other one. Children running up and down the hall laughing and screaming at 11:30 pm. Heard people above me on the 2nd floor walking around. Few pounding noises next door as if someone had hit the wall, occurring intermittently in the evening and at 5 am. Room doors shutting loudly and repeatedly at 5 am and lasting for about an hour. Can hear water running from the floor above; shower, toilet. The remote control for the TV was replaced, but the phone never fixed.

At check in, the front desk person (night attendant, male) stated (before I noticed any problems) that all single queen beds are only located on the first floor. This was stated after I requested to have a room closer to my relatives whose room was located on the 2nd floor with the double queen beds. At around 6 am, I got out of bed after not being able to go back to sleep, complained to the female desk clerk about the noise issue and the accommodations. I asked her how many customers are on the first floor. She stated no vacancies. I then asked about the 2nd floor. She again stated no vacancies and so on. Her response to my complaints were basically "sorry" and "the manager will be here at 8 am." A little after 8 am I approached the desk and the manager, Bob ** was there.

I told him the complaints I had including the noise issue. He stated I could have moved to the upper floors and confirmed it does get noisy. Told him I was told no vacancies and that only single queen beds were located only on the 1st floor. Asked him if he believed in fitted bottom sheets. His response. "Huh? On what size bed? Oh, no, we don't have fitted bottom sheets for queen beds." Must not because my relatives on the 2nd floor didn't have fitted bottom sheets on their beds either. Did this manager have any respect or great customer service skills? Absolutely not!

No respect, no empathy, no discount for my room, no recourse of any sort. No great hotel management skills of any kind. Deplorable! Absolutely deplorable! Who trained this person to be a manager and why was he hired? He obviously did not have any hotel management or customer service skills. I have duly noted that Singh Resorts, Inc., are the owners. I will further add that my stay at this hotel was like being in a third world country in a third rate hotel. The money spent was far too expensive for the value provided.

Super 8 Hotels Company Profile