Super 8 Hotels

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I needed to cancel a room at the Lynchburg, VA hotel prior to my graduation. When I called, the "manager" was inexplicably rude throughout the whole process. I and all of my children have asthma and I had asked online (even though it was booked through another party) for a non-smoking room and also for it to be handicapped accessible due to my mother coming with me. Instead of explaining upfront that the hotel had an elevator, the "manager" was rude about explaining things and told me that they do not look at room notes until someone checks in. Instead of trying to be somewhat professional, she let her true personality shine through. I told her "that her attitude sucks" and like a true professional, she hung up on me.

Needless to say, I did report her and her attitude. At the same time, I also told what I said back to her. When I called the hotel back to let them know I took care of the extra room, the lovely "manager" handed the phone off to the assistant manager who repeated the same thing as her "boss". I let her know that I had already taken care of the room cancellation, submitted online again my request for a handicapped accessible, non-smoking room AND reported the "manager" for her wonderful attitude. I also let her know that I trust that everything will be taken care of before I arrive on Thursday. If not, they will be reported yet again. I will NEVER stay at this location again after this weekend.

I took my daughter and nephew to Super 8 in Athens Ohio. We had a large room with microwave and mini fridge. We had left our sodas on the table to drink throughout the evening and night and turned on the light to find we had been drinking ants. They were all over the two tables in the room. I paid $170 for a room with 3 bed and handicapped accessible and was offered $42 for a refund. We had to bag our purses and luggage and spray for ants when we got home. AWFUL. The Desk Help said "Oh it spring. We have ants in spring".

Without question, the most scientifically illiterate human species occupying the universe. I called 1-800-454-3509 SUPER 8 customer service FEBRUARY. Made reservations for FY 2017. June 16 - 21, 2017. 2 Adults, Non-Smoking, **, Super 8 Colorado Springs, 3270 N Chestnut St, Colorado Springs, CO 80907 GREAT. I spoke United States of American ENGLISH, I'm certain it was.

After the end of phone call requested email confirmation of reservation **. Never received, today (04/27/2017) called. Reservation agent then tells me to log into Wyndham to print out my reservation. I'm thinking last I heard it is the 21st Century, I shouldn't have to log into Wyndham. Reservation agent should be capable of such a simple task as emailing reservation confirmations to any customer any place, anywhere, anytime in the universe. What with all this so called modern technology. How complex can a simple confirmation be without the DRAMA QUEEN effects.

Round two of logging into Wyndham was surreal circus. Has wrong name (spelling) as Lise, when it is ELSIE. Then has wrong phone number, reservation confirmation listed states 605 Peterson RD Colorado Springs, CO 80915 US, so I call regarding my reservation. They in error book me into the WRONG Super 8 location. Reservation agent had zero clue how to do a simple reservation adjustment or modification so they cancelled the entire reservation, then gave me another number to call to re-book the reservation in its entirety so the surreal circus DRAMA continues. The number they gave was 1-800-454-3213.

Round 3 they hiked the rate to $99 per night, the original rate quoted was half that, and they refused to honor the original rate quote stating, "Sorry, that is all we can do." Reservation agent from Philippines, heavy accent. Overall negative F- zero. Total failure in customer service, let alone correcting reservation, agent massive errors, wrong names, wrong numbers, wrong reservation dates, wrong locations, refusal to honor rates initially quoted due to reservation agents errors. They hiked the rates to $99.00 per room, refused to honor the original rate during original reservation booking. Zero common sense. Zero customer satisfaction.

My experience with the Super 8 Motel in Beachwood, Ohio located on Orange Place is a terrible place. The rooms are very small and not clean, bath tub had dirt in it, and there were bugs in the room. Also after all this they billed my credit card twice once when I paid Saturday and on Tuesday. Today they took the same charges off my card and I was put in a room where there were underage children having a party and loud noise until 3:00 AM, and when I called the front desk to complain about my credit card being charged again after paying I had the manager using profanity in speaking with me. This all happened today at 11:00 AM on March 28, 2017. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS MOTEL EVER AGAIN IN ANY CITY.

OK so, the first time I was there it was in SD Sioux Falls. It was the worst experience ever!! It said no smoking but it reeked of smoke and there were smoke burns on pillow and bed and there was dirt everywhere!! And when I entered the hotel, there were large weird scratches all over the wall and paint was chipping off!! The room wall had weird scratches too. So I had to go to the bathroom and I swear there was poop on the wall. There were large brown smudges!!! Then I was going to bed and there were bed bugs. I couldn't sleep! And the fact that was bothering me was that I forgot to bring my pillow so I was using their nasty pillows!! Eww!

Then my dad went to get a soda from the vending machine, and it wouldn't give him his soda, so he asked the desk guy for his money back and he wouldn't give the money back!! So they got in a long argument. Then my dad said, “Forget it we are outta here in the morning!!” So we didn't even stay for breakfast in the morning. Rude staff. Horrible cleaning. And overall terrible!! My dad is still mad and that was years ago!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super 8 Hotels?

While visiting Greenville NC I chose to stay at the Super 8 motel on Memorial Drive. The service was horrible. I asked the maid for an extra towel. We argued for damn near 5 minutes til she finally gave me one extra towel. To add insult to I asked for an nonsmoking room because I have asthma they gave me a room charged me 146.90 for 2 nights just for me to get home and discover they charged me almost 300.00! Saying there was a smoke charge! I don't recommend this place. The maids are ** and **!! They are not there for the bottom line just for a pay check!!

Hotel was dirty, paper trash hallways, bathtub dirty, EXTREMELY NOISY... from what seemed like most rooms. Remote to tv didn't work. Remote to heater didn't work. About 2 hours after laying down in the bed I had several bite marks on me and areas that I couldn't stop scratching! So noisy, IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP. NEVER WILL STAY HERE AGAIN.

The manager at the Super 8 in South Boston, VA should be fired. The way he talks to his employees is disgusting and very disrespectful. I seen him mistreat them on several different days and times. He doesn't care who is around and degrades them far beyond anything I've ever seen. I will NEVER stay here again if he is still the manager!

Booked as last resort. First room had roaches running on desk. Asked for new room. That one had bugs on pillow and looked like pillow cases were dirty with holes. Third room wasn't much better. Bathroom was dirty, Unswept, burn holes everywhere and lamp shades all broke and hair dryer didn't work. For 169.00 I'd expect it to be at least clean and kept up with but I couldn't leave because everyone was sold out. Sales guy was rude, wasn't that helpful and acted like it wasn't his problem. Drove 18 hrs and he said "I can cancel your room" knowing we had nowhere to go. Hookers and pimps walking thru hotel. Do not stay at this hotel.

On Sunday Feb 12th 2017 at 3:30 pm I had called the Super 8 in Stillwater, MN asking if I needed to give my credit card information to reserve a room for my daughter who would be arriving at the motel in the evening of Tues the 14th... and would be leaving early in the morning around 7am to keep traveling to her destination. "Melvin" the guy who took the call said, "NO" no credit card would be necessary at the time of check-in. She was going to be paying cash... Well, she arrived at Super 8 after midnight and requested a room. The guy on duty told her she needed a valid credit card. Keep in mind she is 24 and doesn't have any credit cards or debt for that matter... So he couldn't offer her a room even though she had cash in hand.

She called me in tears, sitting in her car wondering what she should do since she was 4 hours away, and didn't know a soul. A quick Google search and sent her to motel down the road and was checked in with no problems! What upsets me the most is... I CALLED couple days before asking if they needed credit info... I would have gladly given my info at that time but what really burns my butt is, nice to know they don't give a hoot whether or not a young person has a place to sleep... So for personal reasons my family and I will never set foot at Super 8 again...

We stayed at Motel 8 the 27th and 28th of January 2017. It was in Bloomington In. I have never written a bad review before, but people need to be warned so they don't suffer as I have. On the 28th I woke up to what looked like red circles on my left upper arm. A little while later my left hand started itching really bad. Then I noticed I also had bites on the back of my neck and also my back. Then my right hand started to itch! I have a total of at least 30 bites. I called the hotel as I started to itch about 5 minutes down the road. Took my name, phone number etc. never heard one word from them.

Also both nights the tv would just turn off. I told the guy at the desk, he said that happens all the time and all I need to do was plug the tv in a different outlet. The cord would not reach a different outlet, plus the light in the other outlet would turn off at the same time the tv would go off. The time was from 5 minutes to around 1/2 hour. It was doing that all the time we tries to watch tv. The next problem was minor, and at least had a common sense reason when we couldn't get breakfast on the 27th. They had a bus load of young people staying there and there was no room for us to get in to eat. But that was something I could at least understand. Very unhappy with our stay. 5 days later and the bites are still bothering me.

Super 8 in Roanoke, VA was clean and well-managed and service was great. Had a pool but did not use it. Even the people were very nice and welcoming. Air conditioning worked and no bedbugs. Had a wonderful free breakfast in the morning. It was also good rate.

I tried to check in at Super 8 in Wytheville VA with an employee discount. The manager booked the room online the night before. The rude desk guy ask for my paperwork stating I had to have a signed employee voucher. I did not have one. "I've stayed several times" I told him. He said "rules are rules". I said "I'll never stay here again". He threw his hands down on my credit card and driver's license thrust them at me said "then get the hell out". I said "fine **". He jumps up runs from behind the desk screaming "I'm going kick the ** out you". I told him "I dare you to lay a hand on me". He then threw his body into me knocking me down and into the door. ** is this guy's name. It's all caught on tape. I want to sue them...

Super 8 Irving/ DFW Apt/North 4770 W John Carpenter Fwy - Expedia Conf. **. Jan. 8-10th. My daughter and I moved in because renovations being done to our home. On day 1 that evening coming from work wanted to take a bath. Clean tub out and then noticed there was no tub stopper. I sent my daughter down to the front office to see if we could get one for our room. Please tell me why my daughter comes back with bathing towels. The women told her to stuff into the hole of the bathtub. So you know I put on my clothes and went downstairs and asked why. I was told they just don't have one for every room. I've never heard of such a thing when it comes to hotels. So I asked if anyone's moving tomorrow. I would like to be switched to a room that has one. She said ok.

My daughter was in the room the entire second day and no one called. So when I returned from work I was told they're booked and I couldn't move rooms. So no tub stopper huh?? No. You know I was frustrated at this. So here I am writing this because we were made to feel as though we weren't important and the situation wasn't either. Then for you to not have retrieved us a tub stopper from one of the rooms that a customer left from that morning made me very upset. I will never stay at another one as long as live. And the bathroom after I really inspected had mildew at the top in the corner of the tub. The back walls behind the toilet was not cleaned. The electrical cord behind the chair in the room was smashed into the wall and wouldn't come out. I took plenty of pictures.

My truck was stolen from the parking lot of the Super 8 in Farmers Branch, TX. The staff was rude, uncooperative and no help with this very stressful situation. They told me it was not their problem. They were not helpful to the police and did want us to view the video footage.

I booked a hotel room online without paying until I was ready to check in. I asked if they take AAA for a discount. They said they do but being that I started it online I was not allowed to be entitled to the discount. I have not paid for it yet. They should have given me the discount but they did not care and for that reason I will never use this hotel again. It is about principle that they do not understand.

I booked a one night room at Super 8 Hotel on 1121 Bell Road Nashville TN and based on past years experience when obviously it was under American management, it was in good condition. When I entered the parking lot, the entrance to the rooms were through a dark, dangerous small alley - way. Suddenly, I was aware that the rooms wouldn't be much better.

When we arrived at the room, sure enough, the top cover was dirty and had holes in them. The towels were dingy and the entire room looked dirty. I didn't feel comfortable in the bed or even eating on the desks. One of the lamps were broken. I didn't even feel comfortable taking a shower, even after I had cleaned the room and the shower. I wouldn't recommend anyone staying at that hotel. The condition is disrespectful to all customers!

Booked rooms with Expedia month before arriving, booked 2 non smoking rooms, arrived and received 2 smoking rooms, asked why, was told first come first served, then was told our fault for using Expedia and not booking in person. Tried to stay in rooms but our room had burn holes in comforter and smell was unbearable. We had to go book rooms at another hotel. Called Expedia and hotel says they could only refund 2nd night stay, so we received half refund. Hotel did not give us what we paid for but is allowed to keep money for room, so I was penalized for them giving my paid non-smoking rooms to someone else. How is this right? I showed up on time, my room was booked and paid for in advance and yet they are allowed not to refund both nights.

I stayed at this location on the night of 10/18/2016. Room 159 know the back side of the property. I was really disappointed in the condition of my room. I have stayed in several motel 8s across florida and Georgia. First, the entry door was dirty and needed painting. Also, when closed there was a large gap and you could see daylight through the cracks. Next, the toilet plugged up on the first flush. Called desk. They were surprised that someone was in the room they had rented the room out to some else, and they were coming with a plunger. Never showed up. I finally fixed it myself. The carpet in the room smelled and felt wet in several spots. I wore my shoes the entire time I was there.

I went to take a shower on the morning of the 19th as I had a doctors appointment to 7:00 am. I pulled the handle know the water control and it pulled out of the wall but stayed fastened. I had stayed in this motel as a convenience so I wouldn't have to drive 65 miles from home for my appointment at 7 the next morning. This is the worse Super 8 I have ever stayed in and will probably never stay in one again. The staff was friendly and seemed overworked. I wasn't offered a receipt when I checked out as the desk person was busy on the phone.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I stayed in Super 8 Azusa, CA for long time. I gave form to participate in Wyndham. To the man there who is charge for everything, I forgot his name, he is from India, I had discovered that man cheated me. Maybe he took my points. Who's responsible? Please I need the corporate manager. Contact me ASAP.

I just stayed a night in the Nampa, ID Super 8. The room had been remodeled and was very clean and pleasant. The beds were terrible. The mattresses were old and lumpy, the box springs creaked and crunched like they were going to crumble any minute. In all my 50 years of travel all across the USA, I've never slept on such a bad bed. From now on I'll check the beds before I accept the room in ANY motel.

My husband and I are 53 year old, non-partying, responsible, mature adults, who stayed at the Super 8 motel in Nashville, TN on Dickerson Pike on August 24, 2016 when we were traveling to visit with friends. We did not make a reservation in advance and paid with our debit card when we went in and got a room. The payment of $77.41 (the rate for a one night stay, including tax, etc.) shows clearing our bank account on August 29, 2016. Today, September 22, 2016, when checking our bank account, we found that a charge of $83.18 to Super 8 in Nashville, TN on Dickerson Pike is pending for August 24, 2016. They are trying to double charge us (and at a higher rate even!) for a one night stay at their hotel.

When I called the motel to ask why they were trying to run our debit card a month later and charge it AGAIN for the same night that we stayed there, I was told that the manager was not there and I would have to call back. This has happened 3 times now. Luckily, we are able to straighten this out at our bank, but I wanted others to be warned that this motel will do this to people and that it is totally unacceptable. The rooms were average motel rooms. They were clean enough. The customer service was average. The value for the area was average and I have used the star rating to reflect those things just to be fair, but this ordeal has turned us against ever staying at another Super 8 motel.

I checked into this hotel 9/17/2016 and was informed cash is no longer accepted as of September 2026?? Nevertheless I was given room 317, and the shower area to me was in need of repair and someone who can see and clean up totally after each guest leaves. There was used soap in shower, the ceiling was in need of repair, you just don't get the feeling it is a clean environment.

A little old, but clean. Safe, clean, friendly - what else would one need? The owners were warm and really tried to make us feel welcomed. No bed bugs or dead bodies. I'M OCD SO CLEAN REALLY MATTERS TO ME. WE WERE VERY IMPRESSED. WE WERE TRAVELING CROSS COUNTRY FROM NJ TO AZ.

Checked into room. Mirror was hanging from one side. 10 minutes later mirror falls off and shatters. Manager immediately starts blaming us for it. They ended up charging my card $125 for mirror and coffee pot. Went back. Tried to talk to manager. He didn't want to hear anything. Basically called us liars. I travel to Center frequently and always stay here but never again.

My family members, along with some guests booked a room just to have a fun filled day. To my surprise they were told they couldn't swim in the pool area. I didn't know guest were not allowed to swim here. I assumed that's what the area was for right? They feel they were being discriminated against. If a person is paying for a room they should receive all the amenities it offers!

We arrived late in the afternoon in late June at a Motel8 in Brighton, CO... We had a reservation for the only motel room available in the entire area because there was some sort of big tournament in the Denver area and all the other motels were fully booked. When we went into the 2nd floor room we were assigned it was obvious that the climate control (air conditioning in this case) was not operating. I made a trip to the receptionist's area and informed the lady at the desk of the unbearable heat, only to be told that the maintenance man had gone home for the day. I explained to the receptionist that there was no way we could sleep in that heat and asked her to get somebody back to deal with the air conditioning.

Nobody came... so, at about 8 PM I returned to the front office to ask about the repairs and was informed that the maintenance personnel and the manager would be returning the next morning. Again, I insisted that the management attempt to get the issue corrected that evening, at which time I was told, in a very angry voice, "I will refund your money and you can find your own ** room" (obviously, most of that expletive has been replaced with other characters, but you get the idea). So now I had been cursed for expecting that the management would attempt to correct the issue before we had to face a night of oppressive heat in a room for which we had a reasonable expectation that climate control would be working.

The next day the manager had returned, so I discussed the issue with her. She did not listen, in fact she made every attempt to talk over me as I was explaining the problem. She did offer a 10% refund, which was obviously unacceptable given the circumstances, and said that they were going to have the A/C unit serviced that day, so we headed off to Denver for the day's planned activities. When we returned about 6PM the room was still sweltering hot; obviously, nobody had repaired the A/C. We had no choice but to stay in that motel room that night... and again, the sweltering summer heat deprived us of any opportunity to sleep.

Wyndam Group's customer service department just called this morning, so I was expecting a more acceptable resolution. The rep offered a 50% refund... this, again, was unacceptable because we were not able to use the room for the purpose for which we had rented it, specifically to sleep that night, too. The customer service representative was insistent that was all he would offer, despite the admission that he had the authority to offer a greater refund, and the reason he gave was that it was our choice to stay the second night. Again, I explained that all motel rooms (and car rentals) in the entire area were booked solid, but that did not seem to matter to him.

Needless to say, I am continuing to attempt to resolve this issue with the Wyndham Hotel Group, but if it is not resolved in a manner in which I find acceptable Wyndham can just kiss the possibility of getting any more of my business goodbye... and I have stayed in Motel8 accommodations in many locations between the Gulf of Mexico and the Rocky Mountain area without any problems such as this.

So... bottom line... if you expect your room's temperature to be maintained at a comfortable temperature, don't sleep at the Brighton, CO Motel8. If you think it is inappropriate for the counter staff to address you in a profane manner, you may want to avoid the Brighton, CO Motel8. If you choose to do so anyway, don't expect any help from the corporate office's customer relations department, you'll be sorely disappointed if you do.

Never again will I return to the Brighton, CO Motel8...and if the Wyndham Group's Consumer Affairs department does not resolve this issue in a manner in which I find acceptable, I will never again return to ANY Motel8, or any of the other Wyndham Group's properties. You can, however, avoid any such experiences if you will just listen to my story and avoid the real problem, which is the Wyndham Group's failure to make sure their outlets are managed in a professional manner.

When trying to pay said only cash with no receipt, in July in TX and air was not working. Slept in a chair next to air conditioning and still was sweating, bathroom was dirty even walls had something smeared. Got up to eat and food was either nasty or very cold so threw it all away, never so happy to leave somewhere. Have emailed corporate. Said they would get back with me but surprise surprise nothing. Don't understand how air conditioning cannot work and why we had to pay cash 65$ and receipt in Moring said $62.15. There is not one good thing I can say about this company and corporate.

This hotel lacks customer service and professionalism. They have no idea how to conduct business. The rooms were not horrible. Rooms includes broken and scratched furniture, a lock box that was rusted, bent and broken. Television was broken and bent over like someone tried to swivel the screen but it did not swivel. The door was warped and would not shut properly. We intended to stay there on our family vacation but when we arrived we quickly found out that the lobby was the only presentable area of the whole place. We ended not staying there. We immediately went to the front desk to ask for our money back but were told that the manager was not there and we would probably not get our money back because we went through Priceline. We lost close to $500.00. The manager would not give us our money back.

This hotel has no idea how to run business. We did find another hotel at South Padre which was incredible and the management very nice. If it was not for this other hotel we would have been in big trouble. This vacation was one of the worst experiences of our life. We lost $500 dollars and were treated like our opinion or needs did not matter as customers. Please do not stay at this hotel. It is a nightmare.

I booked 2 rooms from Hotelplanner.com for 2 nights (June 29 & 30, 2016). Each room has 2 Queen beds for 4 adults (confirmation # **). When we drove to and check in, the manager, a small Indian lady, said: I ordered online for 1 person each room. I had to pay extra for 3 more people each room for 2 nights or I had to call hotelplanner. I saw the paper she handed out. It just listed the name of the person who is in charge of the room. I explained, she closed her ears. I couldn't contact hotelplanner or cancel the booking. The manager left my seven relatives stayed in hot weather for an hour in trying to squeeze my money ($30 extra for each room). Room looked dirty and had terrible smell. TV remote had no battery cover, microwave had no knob. Keys were reprogrammed each day??? At the time of checkout, I refused to sign on the rip-off charges. This is not the way to conduct a business.

Super 8 Hotels Company Profile