2. Travel
  3. Hotel Brands

3.8/5 (385 ratings)

About Super 8 Hotels

Super 8 Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super 8 Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super 8 Hotels?

Original review: July 23, 2021

We stayed at this location twice. We were very impressed at the cleanliness and value. We have stayed at Hotels and paid far more money that were not this nice. The beds were comfortable. The carpet and bedding seemed new and was very clean. Everything you need at a hotel was there. And the front desk clerk Matt was so kind and assisted with a difficult arrival. I would highly recommend this location.

Original review: April 8, 2021

During my extended stay experience the staff was extremely pleasant and have gone above and beyond to make you comfortable. The hotel feels safe being directly beside state police barracks. Easy access to interstate and shopping nearby. Rooms clean and comfortable. Would recommend to family and friends.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

If I could 0 stars I would!! This is a HORRIBLE Hotel!! False advertising and the worst customer service we have ever had!! Do not waste your time at this place! We found hair on the sheets, toilet wouldn’t flush, and the lamps wouldn’t work! When we notified management they said we were making things up! Then the manager also said, "Oh, you can also leave a bad review but I know how to respond to those!" After hassling with them they finally gave us another pair of sheets…. But guess what!! Dirty and hair on the sheets!! Will never come to this hotel again! Beware! And when we left (did not stay) and asked for a refund the manager Paul Patel said no refund. We had to contact Priceline. We contacted Priceline and they wouldn’t give us a refund because they contacted the hotel already and manager said there were no issues!!! Complete liars!! We will never use Priceline or Super8 again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

No free breakfast as advertised. Free coffee was ice cold. No extra sheets for pull out bed, had to ask twice. No closet. No bathroom vent. Unfriendly staff. Filthy, smeared windows in common area. Never again.

Original review: June 27, 2021

On June 20- June 22 I stayed at the Super 8 location: 557 Warrenton Rd Fredericksburg VA 22406. While there, I was placed in the most filthy rooms I have ever had the displeasure of staying in. The first room I was placed (#120) in had several leaks in the ceiling. These leaks had tissue that had been stuck inside the holes and cracks. Needless to say, the tissue didn't fix the leak. I then called the front desk and spoke with ** who moved us to room #125. In this room there was a VERY heavy leak! It was located right where anyone cleaning the room could have seen. It was impossible to miss. In addition to the leak, there were bugs on the floor and walls. Hair on the beds.

Upon seeing the state of the second room, I called ** at the front desk again and asked for a refund. Surely, after staying in TWO different rooms that were absolutely filthy, I am entitled to a full refund. It is unreasonable to think that I would trust my health in the hands of an establishment that has already placed me in TWO rooms that were absolutely filthy. After she spoke with the manager **, I was informed that I could not receive a refund but they can change me to a THIRD room.

I communicated my dissatisfaction with that "solution", as well as the concern for my health. Still, I was told there is nothing else they are willing to do other than a third move. Because my baby was extremely sleepy (this was around 10PM), I was in desperate need for rest, as I am currently pregnant and the inability to book another room without the money I foolishly paid for the unsafe conditions at their location, I was forced to stay. The third room, of course, was just as filthy as the first two.

When booking a room, I expect to at the most basic level, be placed in a room that is CLEAN. In a building that is not falling apart. This is the most basic expectation any guest, of any establishment can have. However, during a global PANDEMIC, cleanliness becomes even more paramount. Now, a few days after my stay, I am not feeling good! Praying this is not COVID.

** and ** were completely unwilling to hear my concerns and treat me the way they would expect to be treated. Or even treat me the way their company claims to. Is this the "Count on Me" the company claims to have? Is this the welcome the company provides "wherever you go"? I contacted the customer service department and was given an invalid email to send pictures and videos to. I have still not heard back from them, although I was told I would hear something by last Friday.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Jamie who works the Front desk, and Deb The housekeeper are two employees that will go the extra Mile for you. They both are what I would Call exceptional employees, and do more than their Job requires them to do. It's because of them that I would Stay there again. Thank You both for such a wonderful Stay.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I made a reservation directly with the hotel clerk over the phone. I asked if it was possible to check-in early. I explained that I would be in town around 5 or 6 am. and that I would be leaving around 3 or 4 am that night. I was told that I could pay an extra fee and check-in early but I needed to pay now so that he could reserve my room for early check-in. I gave him my debit card information. I arrived at about 5 am on the 20th. When I checking in I was again asked what time would I be checking out. I reiterated that it would be about 3 or 4 AM. He made me initial that I would check out by 6. I was not given a receipt just a key card.

I received a call from Priya (hotel clerk) on the hotel phone around 6 PM telling me that I was supposed to be checking out at 6. I explained that I was charged extra for early check-in and that I was had to check out by 6 AM. She said it was a misunderstanding and it was supposed to be 6 PM, not 6 AM. I told her that I would just go ahead and get out now. She said, "not to worry. I will just charge you an extra $15.00 and you can stay until 6 AM." I asked if I needed to come to the office to give her my card to take care of it and she said to take care of it when I checked out.

I checked out about 12:15 AM that night. When I asked the clerk for a receipt he said his computer was locked up and he couldn't give me a receipt. He said I was supposed to have checked out by 6 PM. I explained that this whole thing is a mess and that the lady told me that I was going to be charged $15.00 extra to check out by 6 AM. He said I would have to call back in the morning to talk to that same lady. The next morning I was charged for 2 nights. When I called to talk to Priya (the hotel clerk), I was told that he was the manager and was charging me for 2 nights. He didn't care what Priya, the hotel clerk, had told me the evening before because I was supposed to check out by 6 PM. I explained that I was charged extra from the beginning for early check-in and then I was also charged an extra $15.00 after the fact. Now I was also charged for 2 nights.

The manager that I was speaking to, to get it resolved was very rude and threatening. He told me that I had no idea who I was talking to and that I had better be careful. I explained that he had no right to charge me for 2 nights. He said that the clerk was not authorized to make the decision to charge me the extra $15.00 to let me stay. He took off the early check-in fee and the $15.00 fee the clerk charged and charged me for 2 nights and that there was nothing I could do about it.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I booked online for a Sunday night stay, Oct. 4 for $61.01 including tax. I stayed two more nights in the same room (#302) and was charged $61.01 for the second night, Monday, Oct. 5 and a shocking $122.04 for the third night, Tuesday, Oct. 6. Staff did not notify the price for Tuesday night would double!! But staff had my credit card on file so went ahead a charged it. There were no special events in town and $122 is above the Tuesday night price of much fancier nearby motels such as the Comfort Inn. I feel ripped off by Super 8 / Wyndham.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I made a reservation through reservations.com (BTW, I found out that they have an F rating by BBB after the fact). Super 8 in Bend, OR could not locate that reservation, so I simply took an available room. Then I immediately called reservations.com to notify them, and they assured me that I would be refunded. Several calls and complaints later, and no refund. I also called Super 8 Customer Service to request a refund of one of the double-charges (I stayed 2 nights, got charged for 4, once by reservations.com, once by Super 8). Super 8 refused to help. I had stayed there very regularly, but now will NEVER again, and I will discourage my friends, colleagues, coworkers, and strangers from also doing so.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

This hotel is a big disappointment; no trash bin in the room, very strong cigarettes' odor in the hallway and in the room even it's a non-smoking room. Bed sheets are too old and room not properly clean.

Original review: July 18, 2020

We have used these along the I-90 corridor through Idaho, Montana and North Dakota. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. Although basic they do have little refrigerators, coffee pots and good HVAC units.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I have no complaints about this hotel. They has clean sheets, bright white clean towels. Soap and shampoo had me feeling wavy baby. They even had red toilet paper. Yaaaasss. Every Super 8 that I travel to show up and show out. Breakfast on top. On Brooke and Taraj, I have no complaints.

Super 8 Hotels Company Information