Super 8 Hotels

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I checked into this "pet friendly" motel on 8/14. At 3 am, I was awakened with numerous flea bites all down my left side. I went to the front desk and they moved me to another room. The night clerk told me I would not be charged for my stay because of the inconvenience of having to pack up and move at 3 am. Two days later, the room was charged to my credit card. Two phone calls have resulted in nothing but promises to pass the information on to the manager (Warren), who appears to never be there.

I booked a reservation with the hotel and come to find out they had no rooms left. I asked speak to a manager and was told no manager was there until next day at check in time. The employees answered the phone asking "Who this?" They would not allow me cancel my reservation or refund me my money. They had no parking, the manager very unprofessional and the staff too. I wouldn't recommend a roach to stay at that hotel… Soon as you see the name come up please don't waste your time...

Sleeping at the Norman Bates Motel would have been better. My family had 4 rooms and every room was worse than the next, first hotel said that Expedia cancelled our reservation and hotel said they were sold out? Smh???‍ Hotel puts me on hold and a miracle they have rooms. The first room had an 8 foot ladder in front of door (if I was looking to sue that would have been perfect opportunity). The other room one was a smoking room. I took it because the others had children or older adults, with my asthma I thought I would be ok. What choice was there.

I cleaned the sticky alcohol rings that were left on furniture, I dusted the dust to relieve some of my breathing, I went to front desk to get clean sheets (I knew they were clean because they were warm as if came out of dryer) but the sheets were old and a yellow look but clean, the carpets were horrendous. I wouldn't walk on them with firemen boots and the bathroom was so bad but that I brush my teeth and use the bathroom next door at restaurant. I'm not a prima-Donna. I lived in the Bronx most my life. I would rate the hotel as to blow it up and rebuild or rent rooms out by the hour but I will never recommend this place to any one... My advice sleep in your car and save $140.

I visited the Super 8 Motel in McGehee Arkansas on 8/8/17- 8/10/17. I was assigned room 114. This was the worst stay that I have ever experience in my entire life. I noticed immediately upon entering the room that the room had a terrible mildew, type of stench coming from it. I walked to the front desk and complained to the staff present. I was told that it was an old motel and that was the reason for the smell. Really? The on duty staff offered to come to the room and spray it to attempt eliminate the odor. His attempt was useless. The odor seem to be coming from the old carpet that was in the room.

I kept my shoes on my feet my entire time I was there. I did not even attempt to lay in the bed. No way! There was a recliner and a computer chair present in the room. The recliner looked dirty so I sprayed it down with Lysol and Febreze, but it was no match for that odor. I had to place a large shower towel on the computer chair & this is where I ended up sleeping. The shower had rust in it and a lot of mosquitos present. No shower for me! Every customer that I came across seem to be scratching like a dog with fleas. Good decision that I made to not sleep in that bed. No amount of discount offered could make me relive my stay there again. I would rather spend the extra money or drive the extra miles and avoid the Super 8 motel altogether.

Do yourself a favor and NEVER... I MEAN NEVER stay at a Super 8, especially the one in Stevensville, MI. The hotel was absolutely filthy, terribly overpriced and the hotel building was not secure. The electronic lock was not even installed on the door we were told to use to get to our room and anyone could have walked in off of the street at any time of the night or day. The young man that I dealt with at the front counter was nice enough and did steer us to a great area restaurant, but that was the ONLY positive thing about this stay...

Super 8... that is if there is even such a company, should be utterly ashamed to have their name on this hotel. Everything about this hotel was mangy, broken or just plain gross. I've stayed in hotels that cost 1/3 the cost of this hotel that were nicer. I'm utterly amazed that this hotel is still in business. It much just be that people booked sight unseen because there was a lack of rooms to be had in the area, because NO ONE... including myself would EVER knowingly book a room at this hotel. (This hotel was $56 more per night than the Marriott in Dayton, Ohio where we stayed the previous 2 nights, which was a fantastic, clean and friendly hotel and had a great, helpful wait staff and a fabulous breakfast). I will NEVER stay at a Super 8 again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super 8 Hotels?

Welcome to Hell Hotel! Run away from Super 8 Hotel in VA Beach. The filthiest & highly mismanaged hotel run by an Indian family named ** family. If you read any "great reviews" about this motel it is because they were most likely paid reviews in my opinion. This hotel is licensed under the name of Wyndham Worldwide Hotel just because they were paid to have the license and name purchased, otherwise they are run independently. This hotel is not controlled by Wyndham. ** family (Indian family) owns and operates this hotel and many stores nearby. Do NOT get fool for the $25 a night saving & go somewhere else.

Parking is not guaranteed and at time nor it is free as you will read reviews, ONLY one ice machine for a 7 story dirty hotel (bed spread had dried up stains on it among other issues...), no safety box, doors do not lock up from inside the room, employees use guest room bathroom when you are not there, nothing works in the rooms. Filthy as hell rooms and premises. Forget breakfast also as white bread and tea is what you will find. Do not believe the paid reviews the ** the Indian owners of this hotel offer - Take my word, run, just run... pay the extra $30 a night and enjoy your stay. Do not even look back. Shame on Wyndham Worldwide Hotels for running their name for a few dollars they get from licensing their name to this dirty/unsafe hotel. Do not stay at super 8 hotel on 17th and atlantic ave in VA Beach VA. Nothing worked in this filthy room- not in my room and not in other guests rooms when I asked them.

I was told I have 10 min to take my bag and get out the hotel. And how is there problem? When I say I just waiting on my ride to get here "you can't leave your bag there" when it was in the corner or someone can trip over it. The Indian guy was a fricking **. From the I get here they having attitude with me then wake me up 8 in the morning to ask me if I was staying over.

Super 8 200 Palisade Drive Universal City, Texas: On 7/14/2017 Arrive to check in at about 10:30 PM. The Doors were locked but all the lights were on. Knocked on the doors for about 10 minutes. A young man shows up from nowhere and unlocks the doors. Once we are inside he takes his place behind the desk and ask me for my name and ID. I handed him my driver's license, but wait... now he can't get the computers to work, so he starts trying to figure out his computer problem. 20 minutes later he decides he cannot fix his computer. So he writes all my information down, to include my Credit card number, I ask him for a military discount, and he says no problem. He explained when the computers started working again, he would input the information, and give me the discount. He gives me two key cards to room 501. We finally get to the room after 11:10.

Once we are in the room, having been on the road all day we just want a shower and some sleep, but we discover the shower is so full of filth that we are afraid if we use it we will catch something, The bathroom smells of urine, and the shower curtain looks like someone wiped their rear with it. Totally disgusting, But at this time of the night nothing we can do about it, OK so we'll just get some sleep, and when we get to our destination we'll get that shower. On no, the sheets look like they have been slept on, And strangely enough at 6" 2" I cannot sit on the bed, with my feet on the floor (why does bed sit so high?). Never had this before. We decide to just sleep on the covers, and let the manager know in the morning of the problems.

By 5:00 AM the darn Air conditioner won't shut off, and it's so cold in the room it is unbearable. Without turning the lights on I try to shut the AC off, instead I turn the heat on and within seconds I smell something burning and the smoke detector goes off. Great, I turn the lights on, by now my wife is also awake, I get the smoke detector to shut off, and I turn the heat off.

Now the room smells terrible, and I have to leave the door open for 30 minutes to air it out. Needless to say we did not get much sleep. The room also had one desk chair, that did not go up or down, it was taped and filthy, it looked like a cheap chair from OfficeMax. It had one stuffed chair, but the left side was all torn open, and the seat was stained, there wasn't even a table to sit at and play a game of cards or eat. Also, the hair dryer did not work. We did not try to use the coffee port but I can tell you I would not let a dog drink from it. This was the worst hotel/motel room I had ever been in, and that is saying a lot since I spent many years in the military that came with a numerous hotel stays. When I went to check out, what a circus, The clerk told me that they had already charged my card the full price, this after being told I would get the military discount.

He wrote one note in a note book with a wire binding about the bathroom. No apologies, no how did this happen or anything, except you booked your room thru Expedia we can't give you a military discount, then why did you say you would. As I am talking to the clerk to my right, more than a dozen men, dressed as construction workers have filled the little breakfast areas, talking and laughing loudly. No reasonable person would allow their family to eat in a room with this circus going on. Heck I was even concerned for my safety as a lot of these guys really looked bad.

As I was leaving the office to get back into my truck, an older gentleman stops me, tells me his night was worse, and hands me a business card to this Super 8 recommending I contact the main Headquarters of Super 8. Which I will do. Just how in hell this hotel gets a triple A rating is beyond me. As I'm leaving the parking lot I notice all the construction vehicles. I I gathered this hotel attracts a lot of construction and Day workers. Date of incident: night of 14 Jul 2017, Confirmation number **, account number **. Total cost with taxes $125.08. I think this experience merits a refund. And the pictures they use to advertise this place must be from 20 years ago because they do not match this dump in any way except location.

Made a reservation for a Super 8 hotel at 1870 beach blvd., Biloxi, MS. and asked twice if there was a hot tub by the pool. Upon arrival, we asked about the hot tub. The lady said, "It's like a hot tub". I checked it and it was freezing cold. The room was so filthy that we requested a refund. But got double charged!! Unfriendly customer service and horrible place.

Drugs, prostitutes, crime, blood spattered on walls, feces on bed, vomit in floor, refused free cancellation refund on incorrect first booking that had us checking in 3 pm rather than 3 am, even though we stayed in another room!

Hallway and room reeked of skunk weed, found a huge puddle of water on the floor the next morning from AC, which I almost bust my behind on!!! When I went to the front desk, they said there was nothing they could do. They couldn't stop people from smoking weed unless they were in a non smoking room and then they would charge them $150. The AC should've been reported when I first got up. When asked for my money back... they refused!!!

One week and two days and I am still itching and covered in welts from bedbug bites. We have thrown away luggage, clothes, and a purse just in case the creatures followed us home. I am now scared to stay anywhere. What an awful experience!

We stayed at the Super 8 in Albuquerque, NM. It had 3 queen beds. One of the beds had a big hole in it. The shower did not work. After driving from 7 am that morning everyone needed and wanted a shower so badly. The bathroom as very dirty with hair on the floor. The air conditioner did not work well. It was probably one of the worse places I have every stayed. They only had 1 luggage carrier and someone was leaving the same time as we were and had borrowed it so we had to hand carry all our luggage and we had 3 little boys.

Stayed at Super 8 in Boise Idaho. On Elder St. First, the whole place smells like mold and mildew. There was black mold in the shower, lady from front desk came in to look, her exact words to me were "I don't clean but you can make a complaint if you want..." No manager on premises to refund us to go somewhere else. I had to go buy cleaner and clean the shower and tub myself. Sheets in room were stained, asked for bedding to be changed and ended up with worse stains. Mattress needed replaced years ago. Free breakfast was a joke, you had your choice of waffles, very old looking biscuits and probably week old gravy or Could cereal. Could not find a manager at all. We had to stay in this place for 3 days. At checkout there was still no manager. Needless to say, after I freaked out we were not charged at all for all 3 days. Will never stay at a super 8 again.

We booked and stay at Super 8 motel in Belleville,KS on June 10th and 11th. They put us in a room 201 upstairs. After unpacking the tv picture looked like an hour glass and the remote to the tv didn't work, we complained to the front desk and moved us down to ground level in room 103. After unpacking I was preparing to take a shower when I noticed the ceiling in the shower was wet and had mold on it. Told my wife "Forget this crap", complains to the front desk, they said ok and moved up again this time to room 101. Once again we packed up our stuff and moved to yet another room, checked it out, at first seemed ok until I prepared to take a shower. It took well over 10 minutes to get hot water, air conditioner only worked when we turned the temp setting to 60, the outlets on the lamps kept coming out of the sockets, and upon that, the key cards quit working like every 1 1/2 hrs, we had to have them redone.

The breakfast room was another thing, coffee pots stay empty most of the time during breakfast, top of refrigerator was absolutely horribly filthy, beside it was a trash can. They had the batter from the waffle maker all over the lid and the wall behind the trash can, and by the ice machine. When they painted, they painted around the ice maker, snack machine, and soda machine. This was the worst place we have ever stayed in. I requested our money back and the desk clerk just smiled and walked away. We will write a complaint to the health department as well as corporate office of Super 8 motels.

My fiance and I stayed at a Super 8 Motel in Roseville, Michigan on May 16th, 2017. The room had major issues. It smelled like smoke although it said non smoking. I noticed when I went to the bathroom there were baby ants crawling on the floor and then worst of all I spotted 3 bugs on the actual bed during the night. Needless to say I'm sure they were bed bugs and we left immediately. I always keep giant ziploc bags with me as soon we shook our clothes out thoroughly and bagged them we proceeded to leave and when checking out the Indian desk attendant didn't seem to concern about our complaints. He just said we will have to look into it. Worst motel I've ever stayed in. We will never use their motel again.

Checked into Super 8 in Shelton, WA for a TWO night stay on 21 April 2017. We were attending a tournament. We threw our bags in our room and headed for round one of our event. Upon returning very late that evening, we found USED and unopened CONDOMS. I scrapped up the unopened ones in a cup and returned them to the front desk. I was told we would NOT be charged for that night and that housekeeping would do a super clean the next morning and that management would call us.

Next day... Management NEVER called. Housekeeping NEVER cleaned the room PERIOD as we again returned very late from our tournament and the bed wasn't even made so we know they didn't come in nevertheless remove the USED condoms from under the chair. Sunday morning we got up extra early to get out of the gross room. Now the added insult: I noticed they charged us for THREE nights just as we were pulling out of the hotel. Turned around and went back in and after 20 minutes of arguing finally got them to charge us only for the TWO nights with a $12.64 discount for the "Inconvenience" we had for Friday night. (New receipt $174.24)

On 24 April 2017, our account was charged $280.32 ($93.44 per night X 3) We immediately disputed the charge with our bank and 01 May 2017 Super 8 received what was owed to them $174.24 (Per our receipt). WELL... Last night Super 8 charged our credit card AGAIN (17 May 2017). I called Super 8 and asked what authorization do they have to charge my card and all the receptionist had to say was "I'm not sure" and HUNG UP! Needless to say, our bank has declined the charge and we are seriously thinking of filing fraud/theft charges. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS MOTEL AS YOU CAN. If the nearby casino isn't booked again, as it was this year, for next year's tournament we'll sleep in our car before ever staying there again.

Atlanta, Georgia Super 8 Hotel at I-85/Chamblee-Tucker exit. Check in about 00:30. The clearly labeled non-smoking room was heavily smoked out. Made this non-smoker physically ill. Room appeared clean and orderly, except for mold in bathroom. Holes in walls by mirror and in bathroom suggest potential for illicit cameras present.

I needed to cancel a room at the Lynchburg, VA hotel prior to my graduation. When I called, the "manager" was inexplicably rude throughout the whole process. I and all of my children have asthma and I had asked online (even though it was booked through another party) for a non-smoking room and also for it to be handicapped accessible due to my mother coming with me. Instead of explaining upfront that the hotel had an elevator, the "manager" was rude about explaining things and told me that they do not look at room notes until someone checks in. Instead of trying to be somewhat professional, she let her true personality shine through. I told her "that her attitude sucks" and like a true professional, she hung up on me.

Needless to say, I did report her and her attitude. At the same time, I also told what I said back to her. When I called the hotel back to let them know I took care of the extra room, the lovely "manager" handed the phone off to the assistant manager who repeated the same thing as her "boss". I let her know that I had already taken care of the room cancellation, submitted online again my request for a handicapped accessible, non-smoking room AND reported the "manager" for her wonderful attitude. I also let her know that I trust that everything will be taken care of before I arrive on Thursday. If not, they will be reported yet again. I will NEVER stay at this location again after this weekend.

I took my daughter and nephew to Super 8 in Athens Ohio. We had a large room with microwave and mini fridge. We had left our sodas on the table to drink throughout the evening and night and turned on the light to find we had been drinking ants. They were all over the two tables in the room. I paid $170 for a room with 3 bed and handicapped accessible and was offered $42 for a refund. We had to bag our purses and luggage and spray for ants when we got home. AWFUL. The Desk Help said "Oh it spring. We have ants in spring".

Without question, the most scientifically illiterate human species occupying the universe. I called 1-800-454-3509 SUPER 8 customer service FEBRUARY. Made reservations for FY 2017. June 16 - 21, 2017. 2 Adults, Non-Smoking, **, Super 8 Colorado Springs, 3270 N Chestnut St, Colorado Springs, CO 80907 GREAT. I spoke United States of American ENGLISH, I'm certain it was.

After the end of phone call requested email confirmation of reservation **. Never received, today (04/27/2017) called. Reservation agent then tells me to log into Wyndham to print out my reservation. I'm thinking last I heard it is the 21st Century, I shouldn't have to log into Wyndham. Reservation agent should be capable of such a simple task as emailing reservation confirmations to any customer any place, anywhere, anytime in the universe. What with all this so called modern technology. How complex can a simple confirmation be without the DRAMA QUEEN effects.

Round two of logging into Wyndham was surreal circus. Has wrong name (spelling) as Lise, when it is ELSIE. Then has wrong phone number, reservation confirmation listed states 605 Peterson RD Colorado Springs, CO 80915 US, so I call regarding my reservation. They in error book me into the WRONG Super 8 location. Reservation agent had zero clue how to do a simple reservation adjustment or modification so they cancelled the entire reservation, then gave me another number to call to re-book the reservation in its entirety so the surreal circus DRAMA continues. The number they gave was 1-800-454-3213.

Round 3 they hiked the rate to $99 per night, the original rate quoted was half that, and they refused to honor the original rate quote stating, "Sorry, that is all we can do." Reservation agent from Philippines, heavy accent. Overall negative F- zero. Total failure in customer service, let alone correcting reservation, agent massive errors, wrong names, wrong numbers, wrong reservation dates, wrong locations, refusal to honor rates initially quoted due to reservation agents errors. They hiked the rates to $99.00 per room, refused to honor the original rate during original reservation booking. Zero common sense. Zero customer satisfaction.

My experience with the Super 8 Motel in Beachwood, Ohio located on Orange Place is a terrible place. The rooms are very small and not clean, bath tub had dirt in it, and there were bugs in the room. Also after all this they billed my credit card twice once when I paid Saturday and on Tuesday. Today they took the same charges off my card and I was put in a room where there were underage children having a party and loud noise until 3:00 AM, and when I called the front desk to complain about my credit card being charged again after paying I had the manager using profanity in speaking with me. This all happened today at 11:00 AM on March 28, 2017. I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS MOTEL EVER AGAIN IN ANY CITY.

OK so, the first time I was there it was in SD Sioux Falls. It was the worst experience ever!! It said no smoking but it reeked of smoke and there were smoke burns on pillow and bed and there was dirt everywhere!! And when I entered the hotel, there were large weird scratches all over the wall and paint was chipping off!! The room wall had weird scratches too. So I had to go to the bathroom and I swear there was poop on the wall. There were large brown smudges!!! Then I was going to bed and there were bed bugs. I couldn't sleep! And the fact that was bothering me was that I forgot to bring my pillow so I was using their nasty pillows!! Eww!

Then my dad went to get a soda from the vending machine, and it wouldn't give him his soda, so he asked the desk guy for his money back and he wouldn't give the money back!! So they got in a long argument. Then my dad said, “Forget it we are outta here in the morning!!” So we didn't even stay for breakfast in the morning. Rude staff. Horrible cleaning. And overall terrible!! My dad is still mad and that was years ago!!

While visiting Greenville NC I chose to stay at the Super 8 motel on Memorial Drive. The service was horrible. I asked the maid for an extra towel. We argued for damn near 5 minutes til she finally gave me one extra towel. To add insult to I asked for an nonsmoking room because I have asthma they gave me a room charged me 146.90 for 2 nights just for me to get home and discover they charged me almost 300.00! Saying there was a smoke charge! I don't recommend this place. The maids are ** and **!! They are not there for the bottom line just for a pay check!!

Hotel was dirty, paper trash hallways, bathtub dirty, EXTREMELY NOISY... from what seemed like most rooms. Remote to tv didn't work. Remote to heater didn't work. About 2 hours after laying down in the bed I had several bite marks on me and areas that I couldn't stop scratching! So noisy, IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP. NEVER WILL STAY HERE AGAIN.

The manager at the Super 8 in South Boston, VA should be fired. The way he talks to his employees is disgusting and very disrespectful. I seen him mistreat them on several different days and times. He doesn't care who is around and degrades them far beyond anything I've ever seen. I will NEVER stay here again if he is still the manager!

Booked as last resort. First room had roaches running on desk. Asked for new room. That one had bugs on pillow and looked like pillow cases were dirty with holes. Third room wasn't much better. Bathroom was dirty, Unswept, burn holes everywhere and lamp shades all broke and hair dryer didn't work. For 169.00 I'd expect it to be at least clean and kept up with but I couldn't leave because everyone was sold out. Sales guy was rude, wasn't that helpful and acted like it wasn't his problem. Drove 18 hrs and he said "I can cancel your room" knowing we had nowhere to go. Hookers and pimps walking thru hotel. Do not stay at this hotel.

On Sunday Feb 12th 2017 at 3:30 pm I had called the Super 8 in Stillwater, MN asking if I needed to give my credit card information to reserve a room for my daughter who would be arriving at the motel in the evening of Tues the 14th... and would be leaving early in the morning around 7am to keep traveling to her destination. "Melvin" the guy who took the call said, "NO" no credit card would be necessary at the time of check-in. She was going to be paying cash... Well, she arrived at Super 8 after midnight and requested a room. The guy on duty told her she needed a valid credit card. Keep in mind she is 24 and doesn't have any credit cards or debt for that matter... So he couldn't offer her a room even though she had cash in hand.

She called me in tears, sitting in her car wondering what she should do since she was 4 hours away, and didn't know a soul. A quick Google search and sent her to motel down the road and was checked in with no problems! What upsets me the most is... I CALLED couple days before asking if they needed credit info... I would have gladly given my info at that time but what really burns my butt is, nice to know they don't give a hoot whether or not a young person has a place to sleep... So for personal reasons my family and I will never set foot at Super 8 again...

We stayed at Motel 8 the 27th and 28th of January 2017. It was in Bloomington In. I have never written a bad review before, but people need to be warned so they don't suffer as I have. On the 28th I woke up to what looked like red circles on my left upper arm. A little while later my left hand started itching really bad. Then I noticed I also had bites on the back of my neck and also my back. Then my right hand started to itch! I have a total of at least 30 bites. I called the hotel as I started to itch about 5 minutes down the road. Took my name, phone number etc. never heard one word from them.

Also both nights the tv would just turn off. I told the guy at the desk, he said that happens all the time and all I need to do was plug the tv in a different outlet. The cord would not reach a different outlet, plus the light in the other outlet would turn off at the same time the tv would go off. The time was from 5 minutes to around 1/2 hour. It was doing that all the time we tries to watch tv. The next problem was minor, and at least had a common sense reason when we couldn't get breakfast on the 27th. They had a bus load of young people staying there and there was no room for us to get in to eat. But that was something I could at least understand. Very unhappy with our stay. 5 days later and the bites are still bothering me.

Super 8 in Roanoke, VA was clean and well-managed and service was great. Had a pool but did not use it. Even the people were very nice and welcoming. Air conditioning worked and no bedbugs. Had a wonderful free breakfast in the morning. It was also good rate.

Super 8 Hotels Company Profile