1.34/5
Based on 460 reviews that contain star ratings

542 Super 8 Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 2, 2019

The front desk staff - and I’m assuming, the owners - at the Super 8 Wyndham-Monterey were bizarrely confrontational and rude. We were not greeted with a smile or any sense of welcome, and when I asked if I could check in with my ID instead of my husband’s (he had remained in the car, and the reservation was in his name), the owner became insulting and angry. It was a truly surreal experience. His anger was actually frightening, and I cannot imagine what he is doing in the hospitality business.

Original review: March 31, 2019

If you're a TN resident WITHOUT a TN DRIVER'S LICENSE... Their policy is even if you have a STATE ISSUED TN ID...they still will not allow you to check in. I'm a traveling Nurse practitioner that use to live full time in Chattanooga- therefore I still have my STATE ISSUED TN ID. I don't drive but I do fly a lot for my profession. My employer books our hotels when we're traveling. Let's just say they will NEVER book a Super 8 hotel for any of our medical professionals. Not to mention Super 8 Hotel/Hamilton Place is a disgustingly smelly dingy hotel.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I checked in late after traveling through a storm and the bridge authority closed the Mackinaw Bridge. I turned the wall unit to heat and turned it up. I woke up sporadically through the night due to the window rattling. I have never seen a window rattle. I woke up again and the room was cold. The heater was not working. I informed the front desk who didn’t seem to care. I checked back a couple hours later and told them nothing was done. They claimed someone knocked on the door. I was in my room the whole time without the television on and never heard anything. They did not offer a discount or apology and acted like it was my fault. I would never stay here again!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We had an unexpected trip come up during Florida tourist season, when there are few affordable hotels rooms to be found. When I came into Super 8 in Crestview, they didn't have any open rooms left, but when I explained to the lady at the desk about the family issue that was going on, she called nearly two dozen reservations to make sure they would be arriving for their reservation. When it seemed that no room could be found, she finally looked at me with a smile and welcomed me as a guest to the hotel. The rooms were clean and noticeably updated with new floors, beds etc etc. The breakfast was the largest that I have ever seen in a Super 8! The staff is no less than incredible and will make you feel like a personal friend or family. They're pet friendly with affordable pet rates. Give this place a shot, if you haven't, you won't be disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We stayed at Super 8 in Galveston Texas in June 2018. We got there and checked in and went to our room and the key card didn't work so had to go back and get new key cards. Then a couple days later we had trouble getting out of our room and later that day couldn't even get in our room. Took 3 hrs for maintenance to show up and while waiting for maintenance my boyfriend and the people that worked there tried all they could to get the door open. Once maintenance showed up they finally had to break the lock so we could get our stuff out to move to a new room. Then they only offered us a $15 refund and we fought that and only got $52 dollars off our bill. We stayed 7 days. My reason for writing this is that it cost us almost a whole day of our vacation in Galveston waiting to get into our room. This year we booked elsewhere for our vacation to Galveston even though we used Super 8 for 2 yrs in a row.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super 8 Hotels?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I had a one night stay at Super 8 Preston in Louisville KY. To start the room was dirty. Wet towels behind the door. No remote to the t.v. Was offered another room that looked as if a fat man had rehearse Free Willy in the bed. I had to travel downstairs to get a remote that did not go to the tv so maintenance had to bring one. No one offered to get the wet towels. Neither did I. Stuck in the first room because no one cleaned up the set in the second. I continued my night to notice me and my girl was sharing rooms as if we were on the set of Joe's apartment. A couple roaches congregating on the walls as if they had rented the room.

Called the desk and he put us on hold for at least 15 mins and never came back to the line so I killed and took one of roach guest to him. He offered another room. This one has no tv stations, no fridge, no microwave. Television is offered in prison but not here. I called corporate twice and they said someone would call us and fix the problem in 7 days. Trump would say, "Let's make America great again."

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We have stayed at our favorite motel many times. Not perfect, but pleasant & safe. Great location near Downtown events, airport, and other attractions (Graceland.) Staff are very conscientious & honest, we never have problems due to bringing our 2 dogs. The very few times an issue has arisen with our room, staff has solved it immediately.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The check in was a little slow even though there wasn't anyone else there. There was a manager or someone like that occupying one of the staff's time. He didn't really even acknowledge us but the other 2 staff were nice. The rooms were pretty good, no funny smells or anything, beds comfy enough, the ice machine worked, the location is excellent and there's places to eat right in the parking lot. We stay there twice a year for the Mission Races/Father's Day car show.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

When I got divorced,I had to stay at that motel because my dear, sweet ex husband basically left me homeless. He didn't pay the rent at the apt. we had for 2 months and we then had to be out of there in 7 days. He had someone else (I guess). So, I had to stay there! No place would let me have my 2 dogs. Well, that was nice of them. While staying there for a good 5 months (AND I am disabled), they had one hallway for the traveling people which was spic and span. All new everything. Since I didn't know when I could find someplace, I found out that the owner used that hotel for drug buying and selling. Then I found out there were bookers there. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

It was expensive, and I found roaches on a regular basis. I had to keep getting my keys renewed. I stayed there a month, due to hurricane Michael, and got no weekly rate. There was not enough parking spaces. I would not ever stay there again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I paid to stay at Super 8 in Latham NY and was not aware of a $200.00 security deposit until I made it to the front desk. I was not able to stay at hotel and they are not refunding the money. Not only did they not refund the money it was also 25 degrees out that day. While I am arguing with Hotwire and Super 8 my fingers were burning from the cold. Super 8 is not worth a large security deposit and need to get some training on their customer service skills. I will NEVER do business with Super 8 AGAIN. I was not able to stay at that hotel and had to look elsewhere in the freezing cold with less money in my pocket. There is no reason for Super 8 not to refund my money, seeing how I did NOT even make it past the front desk! Funny thing is...aren't hotels about hospitality?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

When we had first checked in, we went up to our room and it was not clean. There were renovations done to the room. We talked to the general manager and he got us a different room. Things happen, it's okay. Then on the next day, I got a call asking why our stuff was still at our hotel room since we were supposed to check out. Since we were there for work, our boss had paid for two nights at that hotel. After a bunch of phone tag that was finally straightened out which was another mistake on their end.

To top that's all off on our last day, at 9:50ish AM, I went down to get breakfast. Housekeeping WALKED IN ON MY WIFE WHO WAS NAKED. Even though check out wasn't for another hour! This morning we spoke to the general manager and apparently after 9:30 there are no privacy laws at the hotel. They can just walk in on you. The staff we spoke to, including the general manager, were rude and not helpful. We will not be spending money there in the future. If you decide to stay at the hotel be prepared to have their staff blame each other and then of course, blame the customer for the hotel's mistakes. There are cheaper hotels in the area that actually give a damn about their customers. Go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Stayed at the Super 8 for about a week in October 2018. On the day before I was supposed to leave I woke up itching my hand. I threw back the covers and a baby cockroach scuttled away. Wasn’t a baby cockroach though, no sir, which I found out when I killed it. Cockroaches are dreadful bugs BUT THEY DONT SUCK BLOOD! I left all of my clothes there but still managed to track these horrific beasts to MY NEW RESIDENCE! What did the hotel, the owner, or Wyndham do? Nothin’. I have been forced to dispute charges on my credit card. Nice, huh? BEWARE FELLOW TRAVELERS-these parasites can also infest your PETS.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

This Motel is horrible! It was two floors and the top floor was being held up by rotted wood. They called it under construction but the boards holding was rotted with termites. I'm not a complainer but this was way bad and dangerous. Please do yourself a favor and skip this one. They don't refund even with pictures of all the rot. On a side note the pillows smelled of sweat.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Their manager Fawaz ** is a horror show. We checked in as a group on September 1, 2018 only to find out that everyone's reservations were screwed up and the wonderful staff was trying to fix it. The manager finally shows up after everyone can finally check. Instead of being apologetic for the screw up with our reservations he tries to charge me $15.00 per dog instead of the one single fee of $15.00 for all dogs in my room which I was quoted. When I was able to prove the fee I was quoted he said he would run my credit card for $250.00 when I leave for the damage my dogs did. I told him my dogs would not cause any damages. He said we'll see what he thinks once we leave so I had to take pictures of the room when we checked in as well as when we checked out.

The alarm started going off in the rooms around 6/7 pm and his staff called him to tell him but he didn't care and wouldn't come back to the motel until 3 hours later when his guest called the fire department because everyone was afraid that there was a fire and everyone was in danger so people stood outside their rooms for hours before the fire department told us it was a faulty alarm in one of the rooms. When all the guest came to the lobby at 10pm to find out why he allowed this to continue for hours again instead of trying to calm everyone down and apologize for not doing anything earlier he became confrontational, started screaming at everyone and throwing us all out.

I have him on video saying he wouldn't charge any of us for the night due to the nightmare he put us through, but waited for me to leave the next morning and ran my credit card for $122.91 without my authorization. I am now trying to get my money back, but Wyndham Resorts refuses to refund it even though it was taken without my authorization. I have filed complaints with the PA Attorney General as well as the CFPB and will have to fight to get my money back.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Last night, 08/17/18, I called the front desk at the Super 8 in Atoka, OK to let them know that we would be arriving late. I also requested a rollaway bed and extra bedding. The young lady at the front desk said it would be no problem. We arrived at our room around 8:30 p.m. very tired. When I checked in I was told that the closets where the bed and the linens were was locked up and she had no access. We then went to our room (103) and promptly turned on the air conditioner, they went swimming while it cooled off. We waited and waited and waited. The room never cooled and the air barely was blowing. Also, when we came back from the pool, I had no shoes on and within a minute my feet were black from the nasty floor. They were sticking to it. I then called and asked for another room. She came and brought another key, apologized and checked the air. She couldn't get it any better.

By then it was 10 pm and I had 3 grumpy, hot and cranky grandkids with me. She also told me that there were no more rooms left, so if it didn't work, we couldn't move again. We moved into room 221. The room was cooler, but never got completely comfortable AND the TV would not work! There was another couple that had to be moved 5 TIMES! Since we had no choice we got some wash clothes and kept wiping ourselves down during the night and slept the best we could. We did manage to get the TV working about the times we had to leave the next morning. We loved using the Super 8 chain, but this experience has dropped our opinion a lot. We will be making several trips to Atoka over the next few months but not sure who we will be staying with now. I was not offered anything other than an apology.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Super 8 in Iowa Falls, Iowa is great. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Ghanshyam at the front desk did a great job the whole stay. The hotel was clean, quiet and restful. The pool area/room is nice and relaxing.

Original review: July 31, 2018

On the weekend of July 28th and 29th 2018 my wife and I stayed at the Super 8 Hotels in Kingston New York. We got the last available room in the whole town. The whole place was filthy. The rugs, the furniture the employees. It was disgusting. The "kid" who checked us in had on a "gangsta" ballcap balanced sideways on his head. He had on a tee shirt and jeans. The chairs in the room, room 212, looked like someone poured mud and coffee on them. In the shower there was black mold on the walls and ** on the bathroom floor. I have never ever seen a more horror show of a hotel in my life! Never ever again!!! Beware!!!

Original review: July 24, 2018

Motel was dirty in common areas and hallways. No one at front desk, you have to call on a phone then wait. Room was dirty, towels seemed like washer was too full so not clean. "Air conditioner" was only a fan that was open to the outside so A LOT of bugs in room. Room next door and across hall had lots of cigarette and ** billowing out of them, then friend's debit card (not used to rent or reserve room) billed for $260 smoking fee when we DID NOT SMOKE. If this was the only place with a room, I'd sleep in my car.

Original review: July 5, 2018

SUPER 8 South Jordan, UT - Checking in was not an issue, hard to understand due to accent. Only 1 luggage cart and side security door was broke so the door stayed partially open. Looked like they pulled the card swipes to get in off. Once in room we discovered one of the bedspreads had cigarette burns all over it, blanket had pink finger polish all over. Bath towels had long black hairs stuck in them.

Room had not been cleaned very well as the corners had debris. Our toilet plugged up so we called the front desk for help and was told "Ok". 45 minutes later we called to see why no one came up and rudely told my husband he hung up before he could tell him he had to come get a plunger and unplug it himself. My husband went down and was told no one was on duty after 2 pm to fix anything. Was handled a dirty plunger with toilet paper stuck to it in a plastic grocery bag that had holes in it. My husband unplugged it by found that the flapper in tank was shutting too fast and not allowing enough water pressure to flush unless you held handle down for 10-15 seconds.

I asked to speak to manager and was told he wasn't working but would be there tomorrow. When I told the manager our problems he asked if our bedspread was clean? And every guest had to unplug their own toilet after 3 when maintenance went home. He was smiling and gave me the impression he could care less. When the manager asked if he could make everything better I told him of course, we would be out most of day for basketball tournaments. When we returned nothing had been done so I asked why and he said we had a blanket laying on the bed to be changed and they would not touch the beds unless everything is off even to change sheets cause they don't want to be blamed for stealing.

Then we get a knock on our door and it's the maintenance guy, he was rude and abrasive when my husband told him he thought it was the flapper in the tank. We told him and showed him how we had to hold handle down but he just dismissed it. Said it was fine and used a snake on the toilet, threw dirty water all over floor and walked out, leaving us to clean up. Breakfast was a joke, 2 cereals, fat free milk in a jug, toast, waffle, the same bruised apples were put out all 4 days. Even locked up their juice machine at 9 am sharp. Ice machine on 3rd floor broke, ice machine on 1st floor leaked all over floor, 2 washers and 2 dryers (stacked on top of each other) for 3 floors and one washer was broken. Was there for major basketball tournament and was up til 1 am washing jerseys, plus only one person could get in laundry. It was so narrow and had vending machine in same narrow hallway.

The room had the smallest bathroom ever, you could sit on toilet and wash your feet in bathtub at same time. Sink area was right next to entry door and you could lay on one of the beds and watch people at the sink was a very strange and awkward setup. Not at all user friendly. We are senior citizens traveling with our grandchildren for their basketball tournament and this was the most unconscionable experience ever. We want our money back.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Arrived at this motel, we were dealt with a complete rude person, if we dared asked a question he shrugged and muttered under his breath to his colleague about us. Condescending and intimidating and unwilling to be helpful.

Original review: May 29, 2018

After reviewing all of the other reviews and reading the canned response from "Nerissa **, Guest Relations Manager", I don't really expect much more than I have seen her give everyone else who complained, but at least the next one reading my post may we prepared to get the same pre-typed "Sorry, but we really don't care, and nothing will change response."

I booked at Super 8 by Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront due to "lack of options" and they were the only hotel that had rooms on Memorial Day weekend. My family and I arrived about 1 hour before check-in to beat traffic. Surprised to see there was little to no parking, asked about early parking and was told we would have to pay for a parking pass to be on the lot early or would be towed (tow truck was towing a car when we pulled in). So we purchased the early parking pass ($15 CASH only for 1 hour, wonder who pockets this $$$).

We left and came back approx 1 hr later and had nowhere to park. No other free parking available. Called the hotel was told, "Sorry parking is what it is, there are other parking garages nearby you can pay for." Finally waited in the lot for over an hour for someone who wasn't a guest to move. Parking is across the street behind buildings in a pretty shady area. Lot is not monitored, only patrolled by a tow truck. Spaces are very small, I had a hard time fitting my Jeep there. Once we get checked in, there was no baggage cart, and had to carry all luggage from the parking lot to our room. One elevator that worked when it wanted to. Our room was on the 5th floor. To be a non-smoking hotel, they must use cheap cigarette smoke scented air freshener.

There were no towels in room, called front desk, they brought 3 hand towels. Never received a bath towel after calling several times. Exhaust fan in bathroom didn't work, fridge didn't cool below 60 degrees, shower curtain moldy and was not long enough to keep water in tub, floor was soaked after each shower. Asked to change rooms/floors told no. Room wasn't cleaned, beds weren't made, no towels, and trash wasn't taken out during our entire stay. Pool had trash in it, and even after telling staff, the trash was still in there the day I checked out. Continental breakfast was a joke. I work in the Fire Service and found sprinkler heads painted over and honestly question the functionality of the sprinkler system, think about that before you let your family and children sleep here at night.

The front desk staff after 6pm was either outside fraternizing with girls on the street or was too busy to help myself or other guests. I have stayed at Super 8's before and have NEVER experienced a hotel with such filth, and lack of customer satisfaction. Asked to speak to the General Manager and was told he "wasn't available". Asked about a survey card, and was told "just go to TripAdvisor." Not sure if Super 8 Corporate office has anything to do with this hotel, but someone needs to pay them a random visit!

Original review: March 27, 2018

I was pleased with the Super 8 hotel in Cincinnati, OH. There were safes in the room, smoke detectors, and good mattress. Clean bathroom, bedding, and floors. Nice, clean room. Nice, friendly personal service. Took MasterCard, and had a swimming pool.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My Stay in Super 8 Gainesville Florida was OK for an overnight stay with the last-minute reservation. The price was reasonable. Room was clean but not enough towels for two persons stay.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have been to better places but the Super 8 hotel in Des Moines, Iowa was remodeling and I thought it was ok it was being remodeled so in all fairness I did like the washer/dryers that were close to the room. It was clean enough in the rooms and the outside entrance was nice to be near my room.

Original review: March 22, 2018

The Super 8 hotel in Atlanta was in a very safe area and close to shopping and restaurants. The receptionist was very nice and the rooms were very clean and there was no cigarette smell. I plan on going and staying there again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

It was in the 80s when I stayed at Super 8 in Nashville. I really liked staying at Super 8. When I stayed at Super 8 they made sure we had everything we needed. I'm really glad I stayed there. I doubt that I will stay at any motel or hotel ever again.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Super 8 in Memphis was the bare minimum and not worth the money it cost. It's a place to sleep if you are on the road and only need to stay for one night. It was not as clean as I like, and the stairs were impossible if you have much luggage to carry in.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My car died on me and my motorhome. Off and on throughout the month, while my Motorhome was being repaired, I stayed at the Super 8 in Idaho Falls. They were very kind to me and I also had a pet, my cat. After a few nights the night gal got to know me by sight. I came in one night and have looked exactly as I felt. She came around the desk and asked if she could give me a hug. I asked her why. She said, "Joy look like you need out." Boy did I. I love this place. They also had rooms set aside for smokers which are rare! Thank you Super 8. I had wonderful and kind service.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Three minute hotel booking I made through Priceline.com. I canceled the order after finding that there was a glitch in the Priceline system as they told me to do and rebooked for the Super 8 in Belleville Illinois which is what I had put in the system to look for. The manager at the Super 8 in Belleville Michigan will not take phone calls from myself or from Priceline to try to discuss this situation. I was staying with my son at an Air Force Base in Illinois. I rebooked immediately for the Super 8 by that Air Force Base and the Michigan Super 8 charge me for one night stay. The cancellation policy showed at the time that I had till noon the next day to cancel. I actually canceled three minutes after I made the reservation. The manager is unwilling to speak with me about this issue even though he keeps telling us to call back.

Super 8 Hotels Company Information