2.4/5 (883 ratings)

About Super 8 Hotels

Super 8 Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super 8 Hotels?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

As I pulled in I notice 8-10 seemingly homeless people around the premises. Two couches with no cushions sat by the front door. I pulled into a parking place and the people sitting beside me were obviously living in their vehicle. The portion of the building directly in front of parking had lots of windows that were covered in ripped-apart insulation. I assume this had been the pool area- it looked like a tornado had gone through the wall. I locked my car and went to the front door- already afraid. The door had a printed sign that said “lobby opens at ten pm”. I assumed they meant closed and went in. The doors were filthy. The lobby looked dark and disheveled. There was no one in there- it seemed abandoned.

Another printed note taped to the plastic barrier between the worker and guest said “away from desk, will return”. I waited and worker came from the back on his phone and asked for my id/card which I had to slide under the excessive, hard, plastic divider. Think of an inner city liquor store or check cashing shop- somewhere that fears being robbed. This was NOT designed for COVID protocols. He asked if I had pets and I said I had an assistance animal with paperwork but that their bio indicated they allowed animals.

He said he would allow pets with an extra $40 fee and not in the “jacuzzi” room that I had booked for $80. I was already afraid of him and of this place but I tried to explain that their website did not say there was extra charges and that I had a service animal not a pet. He just kept repeating that he didn’t see pets on my reservation (because I don’t have pets- I have a service animal). I knew this place felt dirty and was not safe. He refused a cancellation and I walked out. Later I see he overcharged me and refused a refund because I ‘cussed’. (I called the hotel **) This hotel is beyond old or dingy. It is filthy and dangerous.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I have been the victim of stalking. So I'm staying at this Warrensburg, NY Super 8 for one night. I ask the young man at the front desk if he can keep my room private. I explain I have had a stalking situation. Being the wonderful person he apparently is, he announces my room loudly number in front of an itinerant looking guest hanging around while I check in. Then later he tells me he doesn't participate in stalking adding in a vaguely threatening way, "unless the person did something to deserve it." Wow the Super 8 really hires classy people in Warrensburg. If you are a woman concerned about security I would avoid this hotel.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I am a woman traveling alone. I asked the front desk guy to keep my room # private because I have had a stalker. He yells out my room number to an itinerant looking guest. Then in a very creepy manner, says to me he doesn't participate in stalking "unless the person did something to deserve it." After this, I had a parade of sirens and honking car horns outside my hotel room for hours.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

I stayed at the Super 8 by Wyndham Hotel located at 1808 1st St., Kennett, Missouri between 10/15/22 - 10/19/22. Upon check in, I met with the owner who identified himself as **, polite. As I went to my room (110), I noted the floors enroute were very dirty. After entering the room, I noted the towels were dirty, the carpet was unclean, and there was exposed wiring where the electrical components were plugged in. I tried to get out of the reservation (made via hotelcounter.com), but the deal was no refund upon acceptance. I was stuck for 4 nights.

While there, I was approached by two street persons seeking money in the lobby in two days, and I observed a female prostitute coming and going twice, escorted by another female. The breakfast that was advertised never was, and the coffee pot that was pointed out to me by ** was not filled for two days. I observed someone take a coffee on the third day and I tried it. It was days old, cold, and tasted horrible. I poured it out fearing I could become ill. While there, I met a couple who told me they were leaving, describing their experience the same as I had. They went across the parking lot to an America's Best Hotel.

I would not recommend this facility to anyone, particularly if you had an animal or children, as you are putting your family and pets at risk. I am willing to testify to my experience if necessary. The health department certainly needs to visit this facility. I put in a complaint at Wyndham Hotels via customer service, told the proprietor what I was doing, and also informed Hotel Counter reservations about this experience. Do not stay at this hotel unless this is your way to travel. It was disgusting.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

The owner in the day shift said my reservation was not as important as the callers asking for a certain room and I had to take a non acceptable room around the back area. That is where the old locals have to stay.

Original review: July 3, 2022

This is a review of the super 8 located in Athens, TN and about a room family stayed in. Management is rude and lied about deposit being refunded and room was unclean. Avoid and save your money. Scam.

Original review: May 11, 2022

They wouldn't move me lots of picture. Lots of drug people. They would bring me 3 items Say microwave iron board in an iron They took care of the drug people better than they took care of the good ones. They treating me like **. I’m handicapped. There’s no park. Brandy cat through has a lot of mold walls are nurses/in. The room wasn’t even clean when I checked and they would not refund me any money. They stated they don’t have to.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Hotel manager Danny in Logan Utah is absolutely fantastic. Very personable. Employees make or break any business. It’s clear that Danny is in the people business, he’s there to help your stay be pleasant and you feel like a top priority around him. His confidence about his industry and helps you feel confident about your staying at the Super 8. The little extras like a pool and the continental breakfast in a quaint establishment is a bonus.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

If I could 0 stars I would!! This is a HORRIBLE Hotel!! False advertising and the worst customer service we have ever had!! Do not waste your time at this place! We found hair on the sheets, toilet wouldn’t flush, and the lamps wouldn’t work! When we notified management they said we were making things up! Then the manager also said, "Oh, you can also leave a bad review but I know how to respond to those!" After hassling with them they finally gave us another pair of sheets…. But guess what!! Dirty and hair on the sheets!! Will never come to this hotel again! Beware! And when we left (did not stay) and asked for a refund the manager Paul Patel said no refund. We had to contact Priceline. We contacted Priceline and they wouldn’t give us a refund because they contacted the hotel already and manager said there were no issues!!! Complete liars!! We will never use Priceline or Super8 again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

No free breakfast as advertised. Free coffee was ice cold. No extra sheets for pull out bed, had to ask twice. No closet. No bathroom vent. Unfriendly staff. Filthy, smeared windows in common area. Never again.

Super 8 Hotels Company Information