Exploria Resorts

Exploria Resorts

1.3/5 (56 ratings)

About Exploria Resorts

Pros

• Multiple vacation packages
  • Military discounts
  • Family-friendly accommodations

Cons

• Limited locations and availability
  • Might require viewing a presentation

Bottom Line

Exploria Resorts is ideal for families looking to travel within its geographical focus area. It offers timeshare ownership opportunities following a 90- to 120-minute presentation, as well as vacation package resources.

What is Exploria Resorts?

Exploria owns a portfolio of hotels and resorts throughout Florida, Pennsylvania, Missouri and Tennessee. Each location offers multiple amenities, services and vacation packages. You can also take advantage of its seasonal deals and packages for reduced rates and exclusive activities. As part of its Club Exploria program, the company also offers timeshare ownership opportunities — its timeshare condos come with various floor plans and fully equipped kitchens.

How do Exploria’s vacations work?

With Exploria, you’ll enter your desired vacation dates and destination. Its website will display all available hotels and resorts, along with a selection of room types and vacation packages. You can filter hotels and resorts by availability, features, distance and more. If you’re interested in a timeshare opportunity, click “Vacation Ownership” on Exploria’s homepage and follow the instructions for contacting its representatives.

Exploria Resorts costs

The cost of an Exploria vacation will vary based on the timeframe, location and room type.

For instance, a deluxe room with two queen beds at Exploria Express in Orlando, Florida, runs $119 per night for two adults and two ch ildren during autumn (offseason) weekends. At Greenview Branson in Branson, Missouri, in the spring, a comparable room costs $209 per night for the same family (military discounts are available). You can also save with a vacation package — one of Exploria’s promotions offers 20% off nightly when you add a day.

Exploria Resorts FAQ

Who owns Exploria Resorts?
Cerberus Capital Management acquired Club Exploria LLC in November 2017, including two of the company’s Florida resorts and one in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
How do I cancel my Exploria timeshare?
Start by contacting its member services, but often you’ll need to write a letter to cancel your timeshare.
How many resorts does Exploria own?
Exploria owns nine resorts. Each resort offers families a variety of amenities, room types and services.
Where are Exploria’s hotels and resorts?
Exploria’s hotels and resorts are located in Branson, Missouri; the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania; Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge in Tennessee; and Orlando, Daytona Beach and New Smyrna Beach in Florida.

Are Exploria’s vacations worth it?

If you’re looking for economical U.S. family travel options, Exploria could be worth it. Its resorts’ family-friendly amenities include swimming pools, on-site dining and complimentary shuttle service. The company also offers seasonal and ongoing vacation packages. However, since most of its resort features are geared toward families, you might find Exploria isn’t for you if you’re wanting more upscale accommodations.

Exploria Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exploria Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exlporia Resorts?

Original review: June 21, 2022

Exploria has been an extremely dishonest company that used deceptive techniques to sell us our timeshare. We were told the presentation would last one hour, but we were there for 7 LONG GRUELING HOURS? You would also think they would take a good chunk of those 7 hours to go over the contract, but the 32-page contract took about 15 minutes to sign. Totally rushing through it to avoid us reading the truth about timeshares and the financial obligations. For example, our children would not inherit the property once we pass, they would inherit the FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Their salespeople held us hostage and lied to us to get us to invest in this worthless timeshare. I am appalled at the lack of ethics on display at Exploria. Hopefully this helps to spread the word to STAY AWAY FROM EXPLORIA!!!

Exploria Resorts response

Victor, thank you for reaching out to ConsumerAffairs.com with your concerns. We absolutely regret to learn of your expressed point-of-sale experience and welcome the opportunity to address this matter accordingly. To provide an appropriate response to this matter, we have relied on your signed and acknowledged purchase documents for a better understanding of how the product was sold as we are unable to reconstruct your expressed experience from over five years ago. Unfortunately, Club Exploria, LLC could not ascertain the exact length of time of your sales presentation (you are stating the presentation lasted seven (7) hours long). However, Club Exploria, LLC provides clear and unambiguous disclosure in all its applicable advertising that a timeshare sales presentation lasts an average of 90-minutes. At the conclusion of the timeshare presentation, if a purchaser decides to purchase, the purchase process can take longer. That purchase process includes the discussion of price and purchase options, providing additional information on RCI and other exchange programs; processing applications; obtaining credit reports; preparing contract documents; scheduling and completing the closing with a Verification Officer, etc. Considering we have no way of knowing in advance how long the purchase process will take to complete, we make no representations in that regard. Also, attending a sales presentation completely falls at the discretion and decision to attend by the prospective purchaser. Purchasers are also provided with the opportunity to cancel their purchase within ten (10) calendar days after the date of purchase. According to our records, we did not receive a request to cancel within the ten-day rescission period. We are committed to serving your vacation needs and welcome the opportunity in helping you maximize use of your vacation experience. We are eager to provide you with personal assistance for booking reservations through Member Services for your future use, based on availability and the terms/conditions of your contract. If you are interested in this assistance, please feel free to contact us via email at MemberServices@exploriaresorts.com. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

It's a great place if you like swimming in sinkholes. The entire area is prone to them: just google Orlando area and sinkholes. YOU ARE RISKING YOUR LIFE. I am sure they will tell you geo experts (they hired and paid) say it is safe, but then why so many occurrences in the area? There are several well documented, including Summer Bay. I will never return to Summer Bay, even though an owner there. And RCI is a ripoff, charging more, giving you less.

Exploria Resorts response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us by way of this social site. As we certainly regret to learn of your expressed dissatisfaction, please know that we are eager in regaining your trust. We ask that you please provide us with additional information regarding your concerns and forward us your ownership so that we may properly research your account and provide you with a formalized response. We invite you to contact our Member Services Department at (800) 654-6102 or via email memberservices@exploriaresorts.com to provide this information. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your concerns.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

The owner unit we were assigned was way below expectations. I realize these are tough times with shorter staff related to COVID and that was quite obvious.. We came back during Easter week and I noticed then..it was worse this time and the resort was sold out.. They should've restricted the stay and blocked units that are outdated and needed to be fully redone.. We waisted our points and we weren't able to switch because it was sold out. I have already requested a refund. The beautiful warm weather made up for it..

Exploria Resorts response

Jihan, thank you for reaching out to ConsumerAffairs.com and thank you for being a loyal owner for the past seven years. We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent stay. After a thorough investigation of your account, it appears that you were reimbursed a percentage of your EXPOs to your account for the inconveniences you encountered. Please know our Member Services team is available to assist you with future stays to ensure we meet your expectations. Member Services can be reached at memberservices@exploriaresorts.com or by calling (800) 654-6102 or (321) 203-2503. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to provide a response to your concerns.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Don’t fall for what they are selling at Exploria. They will tell you that the money you are spending is an investment, like real estate. What you are buying is air. It has no value…at least with air, you can breathe it. They said I could take multiple vacations, but I can only get 2 or 3 nights, and that’s only if I can get in. Availability is a nightmare, because when you go to book what you want, it’s not available! They told us we could convert the points into cash to pay our upkeep fees, but they completely misled us regarding the value of the points to cash conversion.

I understand there are upkeep fees, but theirs have increased by 25% over 5 years. If I budgeted my personal expenses like that, I’d go broke in no time! Get this, not only will I have to pay for this forever, but my kids will also have to take over the debt after we die! How can something as wonderful as vacations, turn into a huge boulder around our necks?? I’ll tell you how, it’s because Exploria cares more about making money than making their members happy. I hope they spend the money we’ve given them wisely, because they aren’t getting any more money from us!!

Exploria Resorts response

Jason, thank you for reaching out to ConsumerAffairs.com regarding your experience with Exploria Resorts. Although we sincerely regret to learn of your expressed dissatisfaction, we are appreciative of the opportunity to review this matter. Please provide us your specific contract information at consumeraffairs@exploriaresorts.com so we may research further. In the interim, regarding your commentary of being told that the timeshare is an “investment”, the Purchase Agreement clearly states that you are purchasing for personal use and enjoyment and not for any investment potential or any possible rent returns, tax advantages, deprecation, guaranteed buy-back. Surrounding your expressed financial concerns, we further invite you to contact our Financial Services team by calling (800) 371-8335 or via email financialservices@exploriaresorts.com. They are readily available to discuss payment plan assistance options which may be available to you as we understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise. Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to provide a response.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

My husband has become extremely ill, He is in Stage 5 Kidney Failure, he recently had a heart attack and when I took him to the hospital they said he is now also in Acute Liver Failure, his time is limited. So we are trying to clean up his estate before he passes. This is the worst company, we have paid it off 100%, and they still won't take it back (at no charge) or let us just give it back to them. They are not cooperating at all. I have contacted many departments there at Summer Bay in Clermont Florida, but no one is willing to help, they referred me to a company that could sell it for me, which they wanted $599 up front. When I checked them out on the Better Business Bureau, many many consumers said they take your $599, and you never hear from them again, and that's who they want me to deal with. I need help, and I don't know where to turn. Can someone please help me.

Exploria Resorts response

Thank you for contacting ConsumerAffairs.com with your concerns. Please know that Club Exploria appreciates your loyalty over the past five years. In order to better address your concerns and protect your privacy, a representative from our Consumer Affairs department will be reaching out to you directly at the telephone number we have on file for you to discuss the matter in more detail.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

This is the greatest mistake of my life. I'm currently talking to a lawyer to help get me out of it. You're never able to get customer care on phone. You're never able to book the holiday package you truly want. They claim there's nothing available but when you book as a new cash paying customer, everything is open and accessible. Of what use is a time share that non-owners get a better package than you? Even at a cheaper rate when all is considered. They'll tell you it's an investment during the pitch but throwing your money into the toilet & flushing it is a better investment. I truly regret ever agreeing. My sisters who bought also. My colleagues at work. We're all trying to get rid of it.

Exploria Resorts response

Elizabeth, thank you for contacting us. We are truly disappointed to hear about your experience with arranging your vacation time at our Exploria Resorts locations. We would like to connect with you to discuss the issues you have had making booking arrangement, and to see if we can accommodate you. We do apologize if you have experienced longer than normal wait times on the phone, and we invite you to connect with us via email at MemberServices@exploriaresorts.com. Our Member Services team will be standing by for a note from you. Thank you, and we hope we are able to provide you with amazing vacation experiences in the near future.

Original review: July 21, 2021

This company utilized the most horrific time that we all around the entire world to capitalize. During the pandemic although we are still in crisis they’ve use the opportunity to give an astronomical assessment fee. Nobody was traveling yet they’ve increased the annual fee. When trying to reach them, nobody responds… none of them care down to the salespeople. No consideration for what the entire world and people's families were and are still going through. Do not waste your time with them because they lie and make no attempt to resolve any situation. That assessment fee took care of them and their families while people struggled and are still struggling.

Exploria Resorts response

Antoinette, we appreciate you reaching out to share your experience with us. We would like to connect with you directly to confirm the fees you are referring to, and how the fees are used. Some incredibly exciting renovations and enhancements have been happening at some of our resort locations to improve the quality of vacations and the longevity of the accommodations and amenities. These improvements make the vacation product ownership that much more valuable as well. We invite you to connect with us via email at MemberServices@exploriaresorts.com or via phone at 844.258.2397. Our Member Services team will be standing by. Thank you, and we hope we are able to provide you with amazing vacation experiences in the near future.

Original review: July 7, 2021

CLUB EXPLORIA invited us to a 3-night stay at one of their resorts in Florida at this open house event, but we were required to attend their open house tour in order to get this special promotion. As we attended this event, the salesmen immediately told us all the benefits that came with the Club Exploria membership. We were then introduced to a saleswoman who took us on another tour with her even though the salesmen just took us on one. Just like the salesman, she explained the benefits and how great of an investment this would be. She just repeated the tour and explanation of benefits causing our 90-minute open house to turn into a 5-hour NIGHTMARE!

After we declined the several offers that she made us, she then told us that she had a great deal for us and mentioned that the prices went down due to COVID-19. At this point there was no way of getting out of this sale and we ended up taking the deal which turned out to be a lie because we were charged more than what was said. Apparently, the “COVID-deal” was just made up on the spot to get us to buy. Club Exploria lacks honesty and uses high pressure sales tactic that no one should have to go through! If we knew all the details about the “ownership”, then we would have never made the purchase of this timeshare.

Exploria Resorts response

Ricardo, thank you for contacting us regarding your recent experience at one of our Florida sales centers. We would like to confirm with you, and discuss, your experience more in depth. It is never the intention of our sales people to take more of your time than is necessary to effectively showcase the benefits of being a member at one of our beautiful, immersive resort locations. We also invite you to connect with us via email at MemberServices@exploriaresorts.com or via phone at 844.258.2397. Our Member Services team will be standing by. Thank you, and we hope we are able to provide you with amazing vacation experiences in the near future.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Our experience with Exploria dates to 2017. We unfortunately accepted an offer of a “free” stay in one of their resort villas in exchange for attending a 90 min presentation. When we arrived at the presentation, I was firm with them that we needed more time to make a decision, but the rep was insistent and kept bringing over her manager to put more pressure on us. We made attempts at leaving the presentation as we were well past 4hr into this 90min presentation & we were starving. It felt as though we were being held hostage.

We finally broke down and signed the papers. Our experience after that has not been any better as they lied about so many things. They lied about availability, said it would only increase in value, and that it would be a great investment for our children’s future. They failed to mention how much of a financial impact this would have on us long term as the yearly fees never stops increasing. It has been a nightmare!! Please be wary with Exploria and do not accept any offers to a presentation!!

Exploria Resorts response

Maggie, thank you for your message. It’s our mission to ensure we are delivering exceptional vacation experiences, which is why we value hearing from our owners in these forums. Thank you for being an owner since 2017. Your options for travel and resort locations with us have grown a great deal since then and continue to do so, and we hope you’ll be able to take advantage of this in the coming year.

It is never the intention of our sales representatives to keep anyone longer than they want to be there, and we apologize that you felt like you had that experience. We do want to make sure that all of the benefits and value of owning with Exploria Resorts are made known and options made available while the presentation is taking place. We would like to discover more about what you mean regarding availability and missed expectations. We encourage you to reach out to your Owner Support team at MemberServices@ExploriaResorts.com, or call 800.654.6102. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I have owned week 30 every odd year, since 2004. I own my paid in full $9500 deeded document and pay $453-$478 every year for my one week stay only to be told since I did not book a year in the even year that I have to pay exchange fees. So on top of me paying $931 I have to pay RCI $124/year. When I remember to call to book, I be too early. By the time the even year comes I usually forget. Especially this July 2020 with the pandemic going on I truly forgot to call. In November I’m told I am too late for my paid in full and up to date in maintenance and real estate fees.

In 2019 every time I tried to book a vacation with RCI there was nothing available. So I skipped paying the $124 for that year. Now my new year is November 30, 2020 for 2021 and they want me to pay $248 for something I could not use in 2019 or 2020. What a rip off with Summer Bay Resort thru Exploria and RCI the exchange company they use. I have excellent credit of 830 and I’m 63 years old, but it may be ruined if I foreclose on these two companies that I’m getting no use out of.

Faye,

Thank you for the detail here. We have shared your feedback and concerns with the director of Member Services here. We will do our utmost to find a solution that works.

Reputation Management Team, Exploria Resorts