Exploria Resorts
1.24/5

Exploria Resorts

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

Exploria Resorts Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

It's a scam! Be careful!!! They never give you anything that they promise you! Do not be innocent because nothing is that beautiful how they show you! At the end you prefer to say I lost all my money but I get my peace back. Then they transfer you to gocrv where they have the worst customer service. Specially an agent called "K" that's the only identity she reveals. Liars!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Good morning. Good afternoon. My name is Alonzo. I bought a package from Resortdaddy.com. Daddy guaranteed me that I was going to be at Summer Bay Resort from June 13th through June 16th. I got to Orlando. Was booked at Maingate Lakeside which is a Transit hotel. It is a crackhead hotel. It is nasty. I called back the next day to get out of my package deal. They told me that I was unable to get out of my package deal so I am holding Summer Bay Resort as well as resortdaddy.com false advertisement with the clients. You have me paying a resort fee and in a minute of the Ford Transit Hotel. It was the worst the hotel. Was leaking. It had dog hairs everywhere. It had believed this was the worst vacation ever. Resort Daddy and some of them are being sued. Please no one book through there at all.

Original review: March 21, 2019

We are from Australia. We had been to Summer Bay Resorts in the month of September 2017 as we were offered 3 days complement stay in Orlando-FL. We were quite convinced that after attending their timeshare seminar that we will buy a basic package. Well, we were told that we can able use their EXPOs for flights, Cruise, Holidays throughout the world. OMG after paying $22,000 plus nearly $1000 a year maintenance fees, we decided to book flights and Resort stay. Well we couldn't as we were told by the member services that we do not have enough points. 1 EXPOs = 10 USD. We were given only 480 Expos for 2 years which is not enough to book a single person flight. Absolutely ridiculous. SALES PERSON HAS NO CLUE HOW THE EXPOS WORK. We have been conned, misled.

Well, They the members services informed after contacting them several times that we can able use our Expos in RCI Timeshare. Due to family circumstances we couldn't able to go for any holidays for a year. In the month of Nov 2018, I received a call from Justin ** a con artist salesman that he will help me book holidays and that there is a special upgrade campaign going on right now and he said we are eligible as we are a existing customers and we can able to get 490 Expos per year. He also assured that he is going to personally book our family stay in one of the timeshares in UK (we booked our flights through our local travel agent). He also assured that he will look after us in future bookings. I used to get around 2 calls from him every day until nearly 2 months.

Finally we decided to join the upgrade and he sent us the contract to sign and also organized finance arrangement for nearly $23,000 and maintenance fees of $1600 per year which can be paid from the Expos. He also assured that he is going to book holidays to UK for 8 people keeping this as the assurance. I trusted him and I signed the documents in good faith. I did not read properly as it was 38 pages moreover we were away in the month of December 2018. Once I signed the contract and posted back to them afterwards no sign, No email, No phone call. I did email Justin ** in the month of February 2019 to get confirmation of our hotel bookings for UK trip as we were heading in the Month of June 2019. Now that he gave me a shock that I should contact member services for booking. He said he has no access to reservations to book holidays. Oh my God!

I was so angry and disappointed. I tried to contact member services and they informed that the Expos have to be converted to Reward credits and we need to do 6-8 months prior to travel dates. Well, we were betrayed, absolutely disgusted. We were misled and deceived by Justin. I had no option but to cancel our flight tickets which costed me $1600 cancellation fees, Monthly $380 for upgrade plus maintenance fees which is $2200 per year. We were deceived that maintenance fees is only $1600 per year and that can be paid by using Expos.

Now it is $2200 which I cannot afford. We tried to contact customer service to lodge a formal complaint, but no one is interested to listen to us. I finally got some managers email, JASON ** and JEREMY. But they were least bothered. THERE IS NO ONE TO TAKE CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS. NO ONE CARES ABOUT ANYONE IN CLUB EXPLORIA. "I have lost flight cancellation fees - $ 1600.00. Initial payment when joined in Sept 2017 - $22000.00. Upgrade monthly payment $380 per month - $23000.00. Maintenance fees every year - $ 2200.00". Is it worth the money? Not enjoyed any holidays. Losing so much money? I am broke. These people have destroyed my life and family. No one is there to help here. Please do not join Club Exploria.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Back in 2003, I was offered a 3 day/ 2 night stay in Orlando at Summer Bay Resort, located only 6 miles from Walt Disney World, with no obligation but to attend a short presentation about the resort. All for a small fee. Having never travelled to Florida, I thought this was a great opportunity to make the trip, which I did in March 2004. First given a long walking tour of the resort and shown different layouts available, I was last shown the ultimate 4 bedroom suite. From there, I was brought to a large open office area with a number of roundtables throughout the room and others returning from the same tour or already in discussions.

A sales representative was then introduced to me and gave me an offer that was extremely high. I said “no, I definitely cannot afford it”. He then began talking about how the timeshare is a great investment as it is property, a great financial decision for myself and, in the future, my family. Also, that this was the “best time” to purchase as the seller was very motivated. The sales rep kept coming back with lower prices and I continued to express I could not possibly invest, not only due to the initial cost but that travelling to Florida on a “yearly” basis was not something I felt I could do.

The points option was offered that would allow me to travel “all over the world, including Canada”, utilizing the point value of my investment, with the option to carry over points and experience grander vacations at 100s of resorts. I was also told how I could easily rent the timeshare and this income would cover any maintenance fees and taxes. Still hesitant, the big guns arrived, the Sales Manager.

I was extremely skeptical and asked about selling the property in the future. He told me that wouldn’t be a problem, that they were selling this timeshare for another owner wanting to upgrade. I was told that they would help sell for me if I ever decided too as they were selling to me from another owner. I was given a final offer and told I had to decide right then. If I decided not to purchase, I was required to attend another presentation at another of their resorts the next day. If I purchased right then, I would be able to just enjoy Florida for the rest of my stay.

After approximately 4 hours, I made the biggest mistake ever, I purchased. I was enrolled in the RCI points program also and told my yearly expenses would only be $451.34 per year in maintenance fees, estimated property taxes of $43.86 per year, plus the yearly membership to RCI of $99. Much less than the cost a vacation!! I was then ushered off to a hotel in Daytona so I then had to drive from Orlando to Daytona. I wasn’t even given “my timeshare” for the remainder of my stay and was then miles from Disney World.

After realizing I made this mistake, I contacted the sales department at Summer Bay, including while still in Florida, multiple times and was told they do not sell for owners!! They provided no direction whatsoever. When I told them what I had been told, there was no concern at all, just a flat out, "Sorry about your luck." I was shocked and stuck in a financial situation I could not find any help to get out of.

After a few years of not having any luck renting the timeshare and looking for options to sell, in my desperation, I was taken advantage of by a company that said they would sell for me. They just took my money and laughed at me when confronted. Bold out confessed! Again, I could find no way to recoup that loss and still responsible for timeshare fees. Once bitten, twice shy, I just carried and paid for this huge burden for so many years. It is ever blackening and I cringe thinking of the burden, not investment, upon my family. They do not deserve to carry this.

For many years now, I have struggled to pay the fees so my credit is not affected and to avoid the extremely high late fees charged if I’m late with my payment. I have not seen any gain from this alleged investment, only loss. The resort has changed and is now Exploria Resorts? And RCI has changed since my purchase and the fees are ridiculous. I have long since cancelled RCI.

To date, it has been 13 years of financial strain, stress, agony and grief because I was lied to for the profit of others. I now have a family and we do not travel, it is financially not possible. I have never been back to Florida or travelled outside of Canada since this purchase in 2004. The initial purchase plus the 16.9% interest charged for financing, cost $17,308.16 US. I can only imagine the Canadian $$ value at this point. About 2007/2008, I was on hard times and was late with payments. The fees were ridiculous. I paid these fees. The original purchase has been paid in full, which is more than the above amount noted when including the late fees.

The maintenance fees and property taxes have steadily increased and in 2016 were approximately $1000 (with exchange, this was $1206.75 Canadian dollars). Basically, doubled from 2004. This equates to an approximate amount of $10 000 US in fees? Over the 13 years and counting. I am desperate to be released from this timeshare.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

My partner purchased a holiday about 5 years ago. Paid nz$2000 to have time at summer bay in Orlando. Time at Daytona beach, a cruise to the Bahamas, and some time in Costa Rica and a rental car. We got pretty excited about it and started planning our trip. Unfortunately my partner got made redundant and our circumstances changed dramatically. Exploria were awesome and gave us extra time to use our "holiday". In the end we decided we wouldn't be able to use the holiday at all so I asked for a refund of at least some of our holiday. Of course the answer was no. We decided that we would just have to take the loss and move on.

Suddenly last week we got a call from Exploria offering us reinstatement of our holiday with some extras!!! It would only cost us nz$500 to get everything back. Again we got excited and although our financial position isn't great we seriously need a break and seeing they gave us until 2020 to use it we paid the money. Yesterday I decided to search summer bay resort and was horrified to read all the terrible reviews about the deal we purchased. We decided to contact the number we had been given by the "lovely" Natasha from Exploria and tell her we wanted our money back.

Surprise surprise the number doesn't go anywhere. So we emailed her and so far no reply. We called our bank and canceled our credit card in case they take more money from us and we have lodged a complaint with the fraud department at our bank to try and get our money back. Please please please DO NOT take up any offer that has anything to do with Summer Bay Resort or Exploria. Not worth the stress. It's just an outright SCAM!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exlporia Resorts?

Original review: March 6, 2018

After buying the membership for $6,950 I got a free week 2 bedroom condo in Orlando, Fl. Weeks for $150 worldwide plus credit every time I spend money in marketplace. I recommended this to any family.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Scam! You get nothing! From this crap don't be fooled! Please do not ever buy a timeshare from Exploria (Summer Bay) Resorts. I can't believe we were stupid enough to fall for this SCAM. We bought a timeshare years ago, it has been nothing but a headache and a drain on our pockets with high maintenance fees which goes up every years. They pitch me and my husband such a fantasy dream of so many vacation and so benefit and when to use my timeshare so many hidden fees and other charges. They change their name and took all my benefit what was promise when I sign the contract. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF SCAM ARTIST. I could go on and on.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I bought the package in March 2017. On the package it asked you to book 60 days prior to ensure you got the dates you wanted. But when I tried to book for December in August, I was told it cannot fulfill the agreement. They refuse to refund me the money though. Instead they offer to extend the deal to the December in 2018.

So I went ahead to book my holidays in December 2018. The communication and service department is poor. I need to call many times to get someone on the line. I am guessing there is only one lady there and the different time zone doesn't help. Anyway, when my reservation is booked, I find out that of the deal on my package is not there. When I ask about this, the lady at reservation ask me to call the VIP centre, then I was told that they cannot fulfill this deal because some disagreement. Again I asked them to refund me the money as they cannot fulfill the agreement. I was told that there is no way for a refund, but I can get a saving balance credit of $1000 at 1800go.com. Please note this is not a real credit. It is a fishy way to make you think you can save 1000 but it is not.

Then I realised that I am staying at the Crown Club Hotel (Crown Hotel Inn) for the package. This is a 2 star inn. I was under the impression I am staying at Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts. Their name has been on the first and second page of my package. When I ask them about it, I was told that on the 3rd page, it actually says Crown Club Inn. If I really want Summer Bay Orlando, I need to pay extra. There is no way I am going to pay these people any extra money. I have learned the lesson. I guess you really need to read these package as a legal document to avoid been scammed. Anyway, has anyone had the same experience as me? Can I raise a formal complaint through any agency to get my money back?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We got a good deal on a condo for the week. When we got there, they offered $100 for us to go to a sales presentation. I did not like the pressure that they we were putting on us and left with the kids. I looked up Summer Bay Resorts and saw nothing but bad reviews. I mentioned this to an employee in the parking lot who was a timeshare salesperson. She said that she is very impressed with her company and the timeshares that they offer.

I walked away from my vehicle and she was just walking around the parking lot. A few minutes later she told me that I left my door open on my vehicle. I went to check but the doors were not open. However, I did notice that someone keyed both doors on my vehicle. When I looked for her, she was nowhere to be seen. I did not report this to the facility because I was afraid that they may turn this incident around and say that I was being disruptive and kick us out of the facility, based on others experience here. Fortunately, they still came clean with the $100 which will be used to repair our vehicle.

Floors of the condo was so dirty that we had to wear shoes inside otherwise our feet would be filthy in a matter of minutes. The sofa bed was broke and bent. Maintenance got it to work but did not fix it. They said there is an order on it. The shower/tub temperature control worked in reverse. Someone must have installed the pipes in reverse (no big deal though). Everything else worked just fine, however. The splash park is not heated, so do not expect to use it on cool days. If you get a good deal on this facility, do not go to the presentation. You will be better off. The stress of the presentation and the damage that was done to my vehicle was definitely not worth it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Stay away from this place. It's staffed with a bunch of crooks and salesmen who only care about selling you timeshare and upgrades. It doesn't matter how many times you say no, they will jam calculators in your face and say, "Look at how much you can save!" Well we sure didn't save anything -- not even when using their room safe to lock our money. It mysteriously vanished and the "security guard" will claim he checked high and low but found nothing (because he's the one that stole it). Read the reviews of other victims and protect yourself from these thieves. Don't step foot on this resort.

Exploria Resorts Company Information