Summer Bay Resorts

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am upset with myself for falling for the scam. Many expenses were not explained verbally. The resort fees were supposed to be $14 per day, but miraculously rose to $20 per day. The airport was in Orlando, the Welcome Center was in Clermont and the resort was in Kissimmee. Approximately $150 in cab fare later, I reached the resort. These people are scammers and moral criminals ripping off people that work hard for their money. They also tell you that there is a salary minimum and a family composition requirement. They bypassed that to get me to sign up. Karma is waiting.

I initially saw this ad on facebook and expected it to be bogus. However after calling, I was offered a 5day/4night all inclusive trip to Costa Rica for $599. I was also given a 5day/4night in Orlando, 3 days/2night in South Florida, 3day/2night in Daytona, and 3day/2night in the Bahamas. We combined the Orlando and Daytona trip together for our honeymoon which worked out fine. The hotels were nice and the presentation was manageable. Now I was initially told I had a year to use my package, but I told them I was active duty and on sea rotation so it would be really hard to use all the packages in a year, so they said I had 18 months to use it. However when I called in around 14 months later to make a reservation they proceeded to tell me my package had expired.

It's really frustrating because I intentionally wrote down customer service rep names just to make sure. I told the agent that's not what I was told, so she said if I went on and booked the Costa Rica trip and paid the reservation fee $149/per person it would extend my other packages for a year. So I gave her the window. I was available to go to Costa Rica and she booked me for July 21st thru the 25th, took my payment and said the resort would contact me within 2wks. I thought everything was fine. NOW the trip is next month so I am ready to buy plane tickets, but I haven't heard anything back so I called them back yesterday and she immediately said well do you have any other alternate dates. I said no because you told me those dates were available. She put me on hold for 20 mins then came back to say she would call me back.

Needless to say I've called all 3 different 3's over 20 times and no one is answering. At this point i'm ready to get my money back!!! The $599 for the Costa Rica trip and the $300 I paid for the reservation booking fee. They are unprofessional and it looks like I won't be going to Costa Rica, or the Bahamas or Florida. BE AWARE! Do not waste your time! It sounds nice, but you'll be jumping through hoops for months trying to even book the trips!

Bought a package over the phone after swindling down to a very fair price. As a former RCI condo owner I knew they would try to get me to buy but I really just wanted the vacation. I called to make reservations and they aren't making reservations currently. Very rude manager on the phone. I can't wait to get here one day and sit through the 90-minute tour so I can tell them just what I think.

Fraudulent Misrepresentation. Exploria Resorts is a scam and I advise you Do Not Attend Any Presentation or believe any representation, no matter how tempting it may appear. I would like to know if there are any class actions against this company that I could join.

Like a number of other reviewers, I, out of curiosity called the local (Sydney Aust) number advertised on a pop-up that said I was the lucky recipient of a Walt Disney holiday receiving $3000 discount. The number transferred to the US - Summer Bay Resort I was told. The lady went through all the "wonderful" benefits of the holiday which included accommodation, car hire, cruise etc and was valid for 18mth, for 4 people at a cost of $898 to me. I expressed my concern at this being a scam at which time I was transferred to "Kevin **" the reservation manager (he told me).

His tactics to try to get my credit card details were to be extremely rude and intimidating. I told him not to try to bully me at which point he told me that life was all about making decisions and I needed to make a decision now. I told him that this conversation needed to be terminated as he continued to berate me. When he realized his high-pressure tactics were not working he hung up abruptly. If anything, he was what convinced me not to proceed with the purchase. His lack of professionalism only reinforced my reason for suspicion that this "deal" was too good to be true. I think anyone who gets caught, would have an extremely difficult time in getting out of buying into their timeshare.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Summer Bay Resorts?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Hopefully this will prevent any more scams happening to anyone else. Everything that the sales representative and her supervisor told me were lies. They lied from about the places I could stay, about only needing to use my points and no hidden fees. I have been strung along for 2 months now with false promises and now I am stuck. Only options I have are now to sell and lose $ or default and ruin my credit. NOTHING they told me was true. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM RCI OR CLUB EXPLORIA. IT IS A HUGE SCAM.

Do not purchase anything through Exploria at Summer Bay Resorts. We planned a birthday getaway only to have to sit through 5 hours of having the high pressure sale. Now I have been trying to contact someone, anyone. When I do get someone like Pam who has no last name nor an ID number to reference them, they tell me that Summer Bay no longer handles these. Why were we not contacted about a big change? She doesn't know, she's not affiliated with that part. Who is? "I don't know. But you can sell it on your own" Not once was I ever late on a payment yet when we signed the paperwork, Fonzie ** who is the QA Officer there told us if we decide to sell then to contact them and they can take care of it. I have been dealing with all the runaround and transfers since July 2015. Do not buy from this company, they are a rip-off.

Like others, I opened a pop-up advising I had won a holiday valued at $3,000. Spoke to a chain of telephone consultants, including one who advised they required a deposit of US $1,000 ($1,252 Aust). I balked at paying anything &, as my husband was not at home to consult, I asked about a cooling off period. I was advised a cooling off period applied applicable to legislation in Australia. I knew this to be five working days. I therefore went ahead and paid. Three days later, after checking flights to the States & consultation with my husband, I phoned the company to cancel my booking. I was subjected to further pressure to maintain the booking. They would find cheaper flights but was advised there was no cooling off period & whoever had told me that would be sacked. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager confirmed there was no cooling off period & the staff member who had told me this would be reprimanded.

He asked for a recording of the conversation with that person. I replied that it is illegal in Australia to record such conversations without the consent of the other person, & I was not in the habit of recording conversations. He advised they had recorded the conversation of me agreeing to pay the money (I was not informed of any recording at the time), but admitted they had not recorded any conversation prior to that. How convenient of them! I continued to demand a full refund. After some time the manager agreed to make a part refund & that was the best he could do, but offered a similar trip to any destination of my choice where the company had timeshare resorts in the Pacific Ocean, for the balance. He advised I would receive a voucher in the mail within a few weeks. Well, the voucher arrived BUT requested a further US $1,000, but was merely an offer to book further accommodation!

On top of that, the voucher stated there was a cooling off period of 30 days! However, it also had so many disclaimers that I did not feel confident in dealing with this dishonest company. I am so disgusted that I will not pay them any further money, & intend making a formal complaint to the US consumer authorities for a refund of the balance on my money.

The general public need to know about this business and its pressure selling techniques. One guy on the phone was actually yelling at me to listen to him. Once I told him I was a lawyer he ended the phone call.

Opened up. A message up popped you have won $3000.00 holiday Spree. Sunshine Holidays ring within 4 min. They were very smooth and professional. Passed from c/s to manager to credit. 6 nights at Summer Bay Resort then got conned into other packages: a cruise, East Coast Central Florida Beach, 1 week's car rental, and a Bonus Costa Rica. I didn't have the credit amount available ($1258 Australian) so they took $350 American, about $494 Australian. My bank advise me to shut down my account so they couldn't take any more. These immoral people have got to be stopped.

It was a timeshare resort package. The cost for this package was suppose to be $398.00, fortunately Visa called and questioned the charges as there were three in a row, one for $198, one for $298 and another for $398. I called to cancelled and another representative gave me some story about their computer going out and that was why I was charged 3 times. He reiterated the package that I agreed to so I continue with the $398 purchase. This was to be a package that allow me 18 months to travel.

When I received the confirmation it was only good for 12 month, not 18 which would have not worked for me. Also that participants from several Florida counties would not qualify to participate in this offer even though he knew that I would be moving to Florida in a couple of months. I called Visa to cancel after I received the confirmation that they sent. The notice of cancellation required a signed copy of cancellation notice to be received within three business days. I ended up paying $20 to overnight my cancellation notice to them. I was able to get a refund from credit card.

What an absolute waste. This is one of the biggest scams I have ever seen. My parents bought a timeshare house back in 1999, paid $20,000 to use one week every year in January. The maintenance fees were $440, now they are over $1200. They are in their mid to late 80's and don't travel anymore. I have tried to talk to Summer Bay about options with the timeshare and you can't get anybody competent on the phone, that's if you can even get through to talk to anybody.

My parents have deposited their unused weeks with RCI and that's another joke. All you get is more fees and nothing in return. You can't even sell the timeshare for 25% of what you pay for it, therefore you're stuck like my parents are paying maintenance fees and assessment fees for the rest of their lives for something they will never use again. I have found the people at Summer Bay rude and uninformed about their own property. In the end you would save much more money just picking out a week every year and paying out of pocket as if you were staying at a hotel.

Like everyone here, I was there. Got the heavy sales pitch and bought it. I did some research on the Exploria Resorts website, and it seems that the exchange rate is quite clear: 100 reward credits are equal approximately $1. you can check for yourself, just run a search for several random deals and switch between "Money" and "Reward Credits", it's quite consistent.

I was promise 65,000 reward credits every even year, it means I get about $650 per year in purchasing power on the website. But when I tried to move them to the "marketplace" using the VOICE system it didn't work. The real problem is they want me to pay around the same amount in real Dollars every even year just for maintenance and membership, all that besides the regular monthly mortgage.

What the salesman told me, and that is why I agreed to sign the deal, is that the whole idea is that after I finish paying the mortgage (after 11 years) I still get reward credits every even year for the rest of my life and that's why the whole deal makes sense. He also promised that the 65,000 reward credits are worth much more than my annual fees. But it seems like all the credits I will get are actually being offset by the maintenance and membership fees so at the end I just lose the mortgage and get nothing in return, since I could just use the same amount of dollars to purchase directly wherever I want, without going through you and this whole process!

In addition, he promised me that my payments will be reported to the Credit bureaus on a monthly basis, and thus increase my credit score, and that is one of the main reason I agreed to sign the contract. But obviously he lied to me on this one as well. The only reason I still don't ask to cancel the deal and get my money back, is that I hope - really really hope - that there is something here I am missing. Did I miss anything? Please advise.

Summer Bay Resort in Clermont, Florida is engaging in immoral, unfair and probably illegal business practices. I bought a timeshare about 6 years ago and had to pay besides the mortgage, a yearly fee for assessments and another for their Crown market place to shop for high priced vacations. This fee also included the RCI Platinum membership. Last year I had a vacation at Summer Bay and they tried to sell me the new gimmick of upgrading to a new scam. I said "No thanks" but by year's end they sent me a notification that I could only use the regular RCI membership and if I tried to upgrade the membership to Platinum through RCI they will not transfer my points.

This is discrimination between the different membership, one group can upgrade their timeshare and get RCI platinum and the other is not allowed to buy RCI platinum or upgrade to RCI Platinum with RCI with the threat of losing our points if we do so. This is not what we agreed to and I wish someone would file a class action suit against Exploria Resorts for shady business practices. All buyers beware this is not what they are selling you!!!

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS TIMESHARE!!! It sounds great at the presentation, that's their job. But NONE of what the salesperson says is true. And once you are in it they will NOT let you out of it. I'm now stuck trying to sell the one we bought and that is another headache. I purchased at Summer Bay and I can't even go there for a discount and it is my home resort. My cousin has Silverleaf and at least she can go to her home resort for $49 a night. I'm so frustrated with this resort. We actually bought the timeshare to use it, so as soon as I got my login info I started to search for somewhere to go but EVERYWHERE is overpriced and FULLY booked. I do not understand how stupid we were to buy this crap, it should be illegal for them to promise us all these things but not come through on any of it. Have any of these timeshares been sued before? Let's get together and do something about these lies that they tell!!!

The Summer Bay scam in Florida sounded too good to be true. As I am new at the computer I didn't know if I should look at this mail that was annoying me at the time as I was looking at something else. The staff sounded professional and gave me a number to obtain my trip to Florida. All I had to do was to pay $898. They didn't ask for my credit card as she said I didn't sound too excited. I told her my daughter investigates everything and gave my daughter the website they put me on but she couldn't get through. I think it's cruel what they do to others. They wouldn't like it done to themselves. Who needs people like that.

Very polished presentation on the computer and phone techniques. They must be well-trained or have it all on a computer screen. Very polite when describing the holiday details. They say they are affiliated with Disney world as they use its logo. If this is so, Disney should be ashamed of themselves or sue the arse off this mob. What a bunch of scammers. I don't know how these bunch sleep at night and they are Americans scamming in their own backyard. What a disgrace, they have no morals whatsoever.

You are handed over to a manager who says they will answer all your questions then comes the credit card request. Well don't give it to them. There are much better and reputable deals you can obtain. If it sounds cheap, you're right, it's as cheap as the people who are involved in this shonky scam. SEEMS THIS MOB HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS. Don't the yanks have any balls and close down this so called resort. WHAT A JOKE, IT MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE IDIOTS!

The computer I had a flashing screen advising if I rang in 4 minutes I would win a vacation to the value of three thousand dollars. It sounded great so I rang the number and a lady milly ** answered and continued on congratulating me and after long explanations out came the wanting of my credit card information. When I was reluctant to give those details she put me through to another lady posing as a manager and she again pressured me to give payment of about $1200 NZ cash towards a fantastic holiday with my credit. I advised I wasn't going to give those details over the phone. She really started to pressure me again to release details that mastercard credit companies wouldn't advertise their logo if this was a scam in regards to my credit card details..then looked on consumer complaints and other people who experienced and got ripped off...I was on to it and hung. Other people might not be so lucky.

Summer Bay Resorts continue to target unsuspecting Australians. My experience in November 2014 is identical to that reported in June. I too was pressured into supplying information and credit details and not given the opportunity to check the credentials of the company. I have been promised 6 nights in Orlando Florida, 7 days car rental, 3 nights Daytona Beach, 2 nights Bahamas Cruise and 4 nights at Guanacaste, Costa Rica. All this can be mine for $898 if I agree to participate in 90-minute timeshare presentation PLUS $199 per person "departure fee" for Bahamas cruise, PLUS $250 booking fee for Costa Rica PLUS $300 for meals & room service. I was quoted $1386 AUD but have been debited almost $1500AUD. I too, like others did not receive a receipt. (A phone inquiry led me to click on yet another link to view a receipt of sorts which shows payment as pending. Assurances that they would also email all paperwork were followed through.) After finally completing my consultation with several polite but overly persuasive people, I was left shaking and wondering what I had gotten myself into?

A brief look online quickly brought up poor reviews about shoddy accommodation, misleading information - the Bahamas cruise is a 4 hour trip to Fort Lauderdale. People arrive at resort to find they have been booked at an entirely different "overflow" location etcetera. Immediate contact with my bank showed the payment had already been processed. I am leaving it in the hands of my bank to sort out the return of my money as I see from other's experience that no satisfaction will be gained by attempting to obtain a refund from Summer Bay Resorts.

They show you fancy pictures and videos only to lead you to the property but when you get there it's not what you expected and they refused to make amends for it. While the agents are very courteous at the front desk management, stays behind a door in case you need to make a complaint and they send the people at the front desk out like messengers only to deliver the bad news rather than facing you upfront. After asking numerous times about a whirlpool or Jacuzzi type bath tub in the room they told me over and over again all of the rooms had it however when I arrived I was given a rusty oval bathtub with no jets in it and they refuse to move me into what I was told was a standard amenity. The claim that they were sold out get the parking lots work and there were few people coming in Pittsburgh. The apartment that I stay in next door was thinking as well as the next door and next door and so on and so on yet they still refuse to move which is very shady business practices and extremely unprofessional. I was so turned off by the ordeal, I left two days earlier than I was supposed to leave and let them have the money as I had no choice.

I know I overpaid and the management basically had this ‘take it or leave it’ attitude, you have to be an honor to get somewhat some sort of respect. It left me in a sour mood before I left and I refuse to go to the front office. When I went to the business presentation the conversation was recorded and then listen to I guess more than one conversation where they said that they couldn't find anything that was promised to me. I had to inform them that it was not about promises that was made to me, it was about amenities that I specifically asked for and was told that they had and I had specifically asked for those amenities for my suite. It's different strokes for different folks. Use them if you want to, however keep in mind that you may not get what you ask for but you will receive an abundance of non cooperation and rudeness from the management. Be careful what you ask for because you just may not get it. I'm a timeshare owner with the Sheraton and this is what I get for wanting to try something new.

Well, you already know most of the story. It was pure coincidence that I have been speaking with a Travel Agent only minutes before, when I received a Popup ad on eBay. Being curious, I thought I would call the local number and find out more. The phone Staff were very polished and I can understand how people would be taken in. The deal all sounded to good to be true. I immediately suspected that they were a Timeshare organization offering a so called discount off their normal package price. Oh and wasn't I the lucky one. I received their very best offer, $3,000 off etc etc. Would your Family love to do this and that etc. They know you want to give your family a great holiday and spend some quality time with them etc. It's all an incentive to get you hooked into their system. I was suspicious when they told me to click on a link and printout their written guarantee. SO WHAT anyone can type up such a document. It's not worth the paper it's written on.

We have a 5 star rating. We advertise these big co names. Anyone can design a fancy home page with links to a legitimate site. All seemed OK but not without some reservation, as to whether this was a very elaborate scam. When they got to the point of requiring my Credit card details before the end of the phone call, I advised I would not be giving them any credit card details and I would not be paying a deposit immediately, which could be as much as 18 Months in advance, without having the opportunity to research things further, or discuss the holiday on offer with my family.

They would not call me back in a day or two, and give me time to consider things. As they suggested, I called the Bank on another line, (Keeping them in anticipation) to try and verify that these people were legitimate. They were obviously not able to, although it seems they are fronting a legitimate business, which for some could be even more convincing.

The pressure to act now or miss out on such a wonderful opportunity was enough for me to leave them hanging on the phone until I accidentally cut them off. Of course they called back twice from a caller id of 000000. I did not answer. I hope they call again. If they do, I might waste an hour or so of their time stringing them along. Remember the ball is in your court. If they are legitimate, there would be no pressure to confirm your placement now. How can they guarantee you accommodation 18 months out with 45 days notice. I have had to book accommodation/Flights several months in advance and even struggled to secure accommodation when calling the Hotel directly. Anyway hope you come out of this OK and don't lose your money. They are VERY professional.

The Guys I spoke to seemed almost too nice.

I am currently waiting to see what happens next with this organization and am very concerned now (the satisfaction rating applied above was necessary to complete this comment and is subject to the outcome of my interaction with the company) having googled and serendipitously come across the scam comments!!! Today I received a notification whilst reading my e-mail that I had won a $3000 holiday package for 4 people to the above and other locations (valid for 18 months) and also for a cruise and after some deliberation and with the encouragement of the very professional and friendly staff agreed to go ahead with the fee of US$..... having been quite stressed for some time and in need of a long overdue holiday.

As I live in Australia, I then checked the cost of airline travel to the States, etc. (AU$2500+) and felt that I would not be able to afford this offer for some time and called the company back to inquire re the cooling off period and cancelling of the arrangement. The lady at the Sydney Australia number 8015 5036 could not give me any info but has assured me that someone would call me on Monday as all staff were off for the weekend and that my cancellation procedure would follow with their assistance.

Within a couple of hours of having spoken to them, my bank acct had been debited by the amount discussed even though this is a weekend??? I also have not received any e-mail confirmation yet... though I have been given a site to log into with all of my details and the arrangements discussed. I am very much hoping that this is not a scam. It would be a terrible injustice as the staff were incredibly professional, pleasant and apparently legitimate and there obviously exist the site and amenities mentioned which certainly appear very real. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome... ; - )

In 2013, we were watching the Travel Chanel and saw an infomercial for a 5 day/4 night cruise package. All you needed to do was to attend a 90 minute Timeshare presentation. All you would need to pay is the port fees and taxes. This included a 3 day/2 night stay at their resort in Orlando, Fl. at the Summer Bay Resort. After 1 year, we booked the trip as we wanted to go on the cruise (which they never said we received after the Timeshare presentation). The hotel on their property is disgusting. The rooms are run down and there was trash and dirty laundry in the halls. Never mind the fact you can hear through the walls. The 90 minute presentation turned into 4 1/2 hrs and the lunch provided was old nasty hotdogs, a bag of chips and a soda. So now we went to book the cruise and were told the port fees and taxes were $197.33 per person.

After checking Carnival's website, we found out the port fees and taxes were only $89.62 per person. When I asked about these fees, we were told that covers advertising, expenses and marketing not the trip. And they keep telling me the cost of fuel is in there. We cruise on Carnival all the time and the $89.62 per person covers all that. I told here I wanted my money back and was told that was impossible. She might be able to get me $128.00 back. I told them that would be ok. Then I was told they could only refund $78.00 back unless I wanted to pay the $197.33 first they could get an onboard credit (Carnival does that all the time anyway). After long discussions we only got back $78.00 out of $325.00. The resort was not worth $247.00. What a dump!!! Something needs to be done to stop them from RIPPING people off!!

I hate to admit that these people have gotten me twice. I purchased a vacation package from them and was not able to use it for Florida. Then they called back and I was harassed and talked into another package which would include a trip to Gatlinburg and then another to Myrtle Beach and I had 18 months to travel. Well now they are hassling me about scheduling the trip or I will lose it and all my money.

Can someone not do something about these people? The lady calling me from Gatlinburg is so very rude. I got a call from her two nights ago at 8:45 pm and she told me she could call my house up to 9 pm which is how long she works. I was furious. I know I have lost my money but I want a complaint lodged against them. This company needs to be stopped from taking people's hard earned money. What can be done?

My bank has informed me that it would be a "risky business" dealing with these people as there are pages of complaints on the internet referring to people being scammed by Summer Bay Resorts. I have been advised to block payment on my credit card which I have done 11 hours after my communication with them. As a World War II veteran, I am familiar with this area... having been one of the crew that sailed on the wartime "Liberty Ship" Sam Leyte which was built in 28 days at the Brunswick Georgia Shipyards

The people that I met then were "real people" and little did I think that when I was 87 years old, I would fall in to a trap like this... I do not need this hassle with these people who are registered on the internet as Scammers... I was looking forward to returning to this area which I had known during World War II but it is not going to happen?? This is the reason "why" I have cancelled payment for this "supposedly trip of a lifetime".

James ** was extremely rude to me when I requested a refund. He would not listen to what I was trying to say, and I told him that I wanted to speak to his manager, to which he responded, 'I am it". Okay, so he throws his title around if it makes him feel important. The fact of the matter still stands, Summer Bay telemarketers called me on January 18th, and sold me a package, promising several deals, including:

1) 3 Days/ 2 nights: 2/09/12-2/11/12 ($49) - can bring up to 4 people, or 2/12/12 (extra $50 for extra night 4 days / 3 nights);
2) 5 Day/4 Night cruise to Grand Bahama Island - Carnival Celebration Book through C/S Phone # - 800-774-0165 Cruise (casual, bathing suit, flip flops, t-shirts, etc. ) 1 nice dress for Captain's night;
3) 3 Day/2 Night Certificate;

4) $50 Hotel Card (If refer anyone, get additional hotel cards).

I never called them. I did not want to purchase this package, but they insisted that I had a year to use it. When I finally had time for a vacation, I booked the reservation. I was asked if I had a credit card, and I did state that I didn't know if I did have one. I needed to check. I said I do have a debit card. I now get a call 2 days before I was scheduled to arrive, stating that a mistake was made. Well, if I hadn't told them I didn't have a credit card, how would they know that a mistake had been made? Please answer that one. The mistake was made on their part, not mine. I was honest.

If I cannot go on these vacations, then the fair and ethical thing to do would be to give me a full refund. I've since read many complaints about your company all over the internet, and it's a real shame that you have that reputation. I have filed a BBB complaint, and intend to escalate this matter to Florida's Attorney General, Consumer Relations Dept, Florida Consumers & Agricultural Dept, etc. If I need to file a small claim, so be it. I deserve a refund, and I won't stop writing and calling until I get one. The nastiness, rudeness, and bullying won't deter me from pursuing my rightful refund.

I was scammed by Summer Bay Resorts. My boyfriend thought he had won this great offer so he rang up about it. It was supposed to be a free holiday but then they said that we had to pay $898 which we did. We felt pressured into purchasing. We were not informed about the 7-day cancellation period or else we would have done that. We were offered more during the phone conversation than we actually got which is false information. They offered us 4 theme park tickets instead of two + car hire. But once the package was purchased, these extras just disappeared. They did not inform us about the age requirement/earnings requirement about this package. They did not inform us about all the hidden costs until after the purchase took place. They did not inform us about many of the terms and conditions. They just fed us false information in order for us to purchase the package. The package runs out in June 2012 and I tried to get a refund but to no avail. Is there anyone out there who can help me?

I placed a order for a Oreck air purifier over the phone and and after that a operator told me about this "great vacation deal " for only $242 with a $1,000 value from Summer Bay Resorts, for 4 days/3 nights in Orlando and 3 days/2 nights in Bahamas and 3 days/2 nights in Daytona. Also, I had a year to make my reservations.

So I bought the vacation and about two weeks later, I lost my job and called to get a refund. I talked to Mary, the manager, and she told me that there are no refunds after the 7 day cancellation policy that was sent to me in the mail, about 7 days after I placed the order. And that I could sell it myself. Just recently, I talked to Nick *** who is the manager also of Summer Bay Resorts and I again asked for my money back because of job loss. And he also told me no.

Well, economically, I lost $242 and I lost my job so that money would have been spent on bills, not vacations. Also I feel that these people are scammers. They don't tell you that this resort is a time share and you have to sit for 90 minutes per vacation to listen to the speech and also they don't tell you about the 7 day cancellation policy until you receive it in the mail 7 days later.

I was conned into purchasing a vacation package that they would never allow me to use. It's a long story, but basically they assured me 100% that my transaction would be fully refutable as well as I could travel with anyone I wanted to, provided they were at least 23 years of age. When I went to book the dates of travel, they completely took back what they said, told me I had to travel only with a spouse, and that the transaction was not refutable in any way. They would not keep their word (it's clearly on recorded conversation) nor would they refund my money. I'm extremely upset that I have been scammed. $208 total, which, to a military family is quite a lot. They need to refund my money. They were 100% dishonest with me, and I am ready to sue if need be.

6/3/08 I was sold vacation pkgs via phone-must attend timeshare sales(not disclosed upfront)-That I can SELL it on EBAY-"everyone does"-which is illegal I found out. I did call wi/7 days to cancel yet only refunded $300 of $498 my Cr Card! I decided to try it (since they have my $198) No confirmation of Napa sched hotel as promised. I called mult times (on hold..), got runaround. Napa hotel promised by Sales is NOW "extra" cost $45/nite! Or you get the low end hotel(verbal)Never got confirm by email or website(as promised by sales) I paid tax $15/nite-3 nites= $45.They wont credit bk as promised on 6/26/08(I cancelled trip since they couldnt confirm anything!)Only 1 point of contact they tell me-who only yells and changes subjects.

Disconnected or put ON HOLD for 30-45 min ea time I call to get info, then transferred or cut off!Call Ctr cant find my name, phone, etc. After 20+calls I get thru to/QA person-James B. or Jeff (changed name to Chip). They talk over me, change subject, blame me, yell, no solution to get MY money or straight. $198 + $45 time I spent on hold and lectured and yelled at. This co are CONS-they use high pressure & dont deliver!Many complaints online. They need to be shut down.

Summer Bay Resorts Company Profile