2. Travel
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Exploria Resorts

Exploria Resorts
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5
This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

Exploria Resorts Reviews

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Stay away from this place. It's staffed with a bunch of crooks and salesmen who only care about selling you timeshare and upgrades. It doesn't matter how many times you say no, they will jam calculators in your face and say, "Look at how much you can save!" Well we sure didn't save anything -- not even when using their room safe to lock our money. It mysteriously vanished and the "security guard" will claim he checked high and low but found nothing (because he's the one that stole it). Read the reviews of other victims and protect yourself from these thieves. Don't step foot on this resort.

Original review: April 19, 2017

Club Exploria - Summer Bay Resort Timeshare - Yes, I am still a member for 3 years now and yet to use this scam or sham for a day's vacation because they continue to roll away like a rolling stone that gathers no moss. Excuse, excuse, excuse why I cannot book a 3 days vacation even though I have paid them thousands of dollars. Since I allowed these con men to live good lives with my money while I work so hard every day to make it, they collect all our monies and they buy private islands and jets and spend their days and nights in yachts. Run as fast as you can away from these rogues, unless you have money to give away.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Scam! You Get Nothing! Don't be fooled! Please do not book a timeshare or never ever buy a timeshare from Exploria (Summer Bay) Resorts. I can't believe we were stupid enough to fall for this scam. We bought a timeshare years ago, it has been nothing but a headache and a drain on our pocket book. They will sell you the world, but remember, you will be unable to use it (rooms already booked), they will charge you fees (on top of what you already paid -thousands of dollars), yearly maintenance fees continue to grow, and I could go on and on.

Remember, you are just giving someone money to rent your ownership and they make a profit. You are paying them maintenance fees to keep the property up. You are literally renting a space (that you can never use) and they profit! You are paying someone to use your space, it should be they are paying you, right! If you get one vacation out of the deal in 10 years, you will be lucky! Nothing is free in this timeshare scam world. You are better off to book a hotel, at least you will be getting what you paid for. You get nothing! I mean nothing! BEWARE.

Original review: March 3, 2017

Complete scam, these people conned my retired parents into accepting this vacation package, without offering terms and conditions to read through beforehand. The money was taken off their credit card immediately, and they do not offer refunds. Beware of this scam, I feel sorry for all of the other less fortunate people who have been tricked into this timeshare **. Staff on the phone refuse to refund the money, they swear and were yelling at my parents. Completely unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Hello I am Ahmed ** bronze member which I confess that I had the worst experience of my life in dealing with the workers of these departments which made me feel mistreated. According to them they have no knowledge of what promises the sales department and what, that they can do in the finance department. What I understand is that they cheated and robbed me from the beginning where I was promised a cruise for 4 people which was only for two and with another company, they promised a special offer for 10 of my relatives or friends which never existed, we are in paying the maintenance month to month which is not true and I must pay it in a single payment, it is sad the way in which they give solution to the problems since they do not solve anything and humiliating their customers, my advice is to never buy a timeshare with this resort.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Exlporia Resorts?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

It looks so great, so incredibly fantastic. You get a sudden pop-up telling you have won a $3000 worth of travel spree; cruise, car rentals, and resorts included. And amazingly you can call a local number, for me a no. here in Norway, which was immediately transferred though, and after some waiting time picked up by a girl named Peggy. Said she was in Orlando, watching fireworks outside. Yeah right! What a well rigged scam! She leads you through all they will give you for free: 7 days at Summer Bay Resort, 4 days at Daytona Beach, a Caribbean cruise and more, at a total worth of 3000 USD, then she reveals a page she calls Itinerary, which also includes Costa Rica! But the total has now grown to 3898 USD, showing that you have to pay a balance of 898 US dollars, and without any warning you are transferred, to another department it seems. A rude male voice appears, saying Peggy could not find my transaction no. so he should help me.

She had not mentioned any issue with any number of course, this was just a distraction, and the rude guy continued on how happy I should be since Xmas is coming up, and wasn't everything fantastic, they giving me all these gifts for only 898 US. Then I told the guy, even before he started to ask for my card details, as I knew he would do, that I'm about to ruin his day since this was nothing but a scam. Then he started yelling and screaming and that nothing could ruin his day! Ok, I said and hung up on him.

Be aware of this well documented, precisely edited and well rehearsed conning plot. If you pay, you will only see the rear end of these notes flying into oblivion. You may end up traveling, but you will be loaded with taxes, fees, and surcharges at every point and every location. I really hope these people end up getting caught. I called back btw and presented me as an attorney at the Norwegian state prosecuting office, and the girl could not close the call fast enough! Good fun! But do not fall for this scam.

Original review: July 8, 2016

I am upset with myself for falling for the scam. Many expenses were not explained verbally. The resort fees were supposed to be $14 per day, but miraculously rose to $20 per day. The airport was in Orlando, the Welcome Center was in Clermont and the resort was in Kissimmee. Approximately $150 in cab fare later, I reached the resort. These people are scammers and moral criminals ripping off people that work hard for their money. They also tell you that there is a salary minimum and a family composition requirement. They bypassed that to get me to sign up. Karma is waiting.

Original review: June 10, 2016

I initially saw this ad on facebook and expected it to be bogus. However after calling, I was offered a 5day/4night all inclusive trip to Costa Rica for $599. I was also given a 5day/4night in Orlando, 3 days/2night in South Florida, 3day/2night in Daytona, and 3day/2night in the Bahamas. We combined the Orlando and Daytona trip together for our honeymoon which worked out fine. The hotels were nice and the presentation was manageable. Now I was initially told I had a year to use my package, but I told them I was active duty and on sea rotation so it would be really hard to use all the packages in a year, so they said I had 18 months to use it. However when I called in around 14 months later to make a reservation they proceeded to tell me my package had expired.

It's really frustrating because I intentionally wrote down customer service rep names just to make sure. I told the agent that's not what I was told, so she said if I went on and booked the Costa Rica trip and paid the reservation fee $149/per person it would extend my other packages for a year. So I gave her the window. I was available to go to Costa Rica and she booked me for July 21st thru the 25th, took my payment and said the resort would contact me within 2wks. I thought everything was fine. NOW the trip is next month so I am ready to buy plane tickets, but I haven't heard anything back so I called them back yesterday and she immediately said well do you have any other alternate dates. I said no because you told me those dates were available. She put me on hold for 20 mins then came back to say she would call me back.

Needless to say I've called all 3 different 3's over 20 times and no one is answering. At this point i'm ready to get my money back!!! The $599 for the Costa Rica trip and the $300 I paid for the reservation booking fee. They are unprofessional and it looks like I won't be going to Costa Rica, or the Bahamas or Florida. BE AWARE! Do not waste your time! It sounds nice, but you'll be jumping through hoops for months trying to even book the trips!

Original review: May 15, 2016

Bought a package over the phone after swindling down to a very fair price. As a former RCI condo owner I knew they would try to get me to buy but I really just wanted the vacation. I called to make reservations and they aren't making reservations currently. Very rude manager on the phone. I can't wait to get here one day and sit through the 90-minute tour so I can tell them just what I think.

Original review: April 13, 2016

Fraudulent Misrepresentation. Exploria Resorts is a scam and I advise you Do Not Attend Any Presentation or believe any representation, no matter how tempting it may appear. I would like to know if there are any class actions against this company that I could join.

Exploria Resorts Company Information