Jetblue

Jetblue Reviews

3.4/5 (645 ratings)

About Jetblue Reviews

Jetblue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Literally took 1 hour on the phone with them just to switch a flight. Took so long that I missed the flight. He charged me 300 dollars to hold a seat on a flight for me but then allowed the seat to be sold to someone else.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I booked a package at JetBlue vacations and received my confirmation. After two days, I received another email with a different itinerary with a price more than what I paid. When I called them to check, they said they made a mistake so they changed the price. I asked to change back to the initial price they sent me but they refused. Oh, not to mention their customer service is terrible! After reading many reviews, I understand that they are giving out confirmation to the customers without even having the tickets confirmed so some people show up at the airport without a ticket. JetBlue vacation is a scam!! Fraud!! They will take your money and change your confirmation to make you pay more!!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

My travel bag was broken into. 2 phone was stolen. I made my claim, and 1 year pass now. No refund, no calls, no email, and they not Taking calls also,never again to do business with them. I got back 200 dollars credit and had to travel within 1 year and I couldn't so.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

For starters check in was not smooth, the website kept glitching while I was processing my check in on 12/26/22, also I purchased 4 checked bags. On our way to the airport I looked at our tickets and the seats I had purchased for our family of 4 the night before were no longer listed on the ticket. The website was having “server issues” per the customer service operator I spoke with on 12/27/2022 in the morning hours. The agent over the phone advised me she couldn't help over the phone that we would need to speak with an agent at the check in counter.

On arrival to the airport we went to the counter and were told to first print our tickets and bag tags at the kiosk and then they could assist. When we checked in at the kiosk it said only 1 bag was processed and that I had to purchase the additional 3. So I did. Finally tickets and bag tags printed. When we arrived at the Jetblue counter I spoke with the agent who was very helpful, she advised me that 7 bags were paid for, she mentioned they had been experiencing issues with the kiosk. We only had 4 bags, we only checked in 4 bags. She said she noted our account and to call Jetblue to get our $135 refunded since we DID NOT have 7 bags.

We waited an additional hour to figure out the seats, she tried several methods to fix our seats since we were traveling with two little kids (4 & 5). After several phone calls she was told for us to go ahead and go through TSA that by the time we arrived in boston for our connection our seats would be taken care of. While she was trying her best to help us, another agent came around and said to her “you’ll be here all day if you keep trying to help them”. To this she answered “sometimes we have to do the right thing”. I give her so much credit for actually trying her best to do her job the right way. They assured us we would be taken care of by the time we arrived in boston with a final destination to denver.

We continued to our gate and boarded our first flight. On our arrival to boston for our connecting flight not only did we still not have seats but they had us and our son on a standby list and my daughter was the only one with a seat! My husband stood at the counter and talked to the agent endlessly until we finally got seats with our children. I would like to note our flights had been booked for 6 months, there was absolutely no reason we were being placed on a standby list.

On our return home my husband contacted JetBlue to request a refund for the additional 3 bags we were wrongly charged for. We were advised the charge was non-refundable. Basically they are saying they took our money for 3 bags we didn't check in. At this point I am consulting with a lawyer, due to fraudulent charges to our account from Jetblue. Hopefully this will help resolve the matter and we can be refunded what was wrongfully taken from us. If I can give any advise to anyone booking a flight, please save yourself the hassle and do not fly jetblue.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Hello, I have been trying to book a trip using the website and the Jetblue app for more than 2 weeks and I have continuously received error messaging. I've cleared the cache and browser for both my desktop and mobile devices. I even deleted the app and reinstalled it and still, I cannot book my trip using my points. I spoke with a couple of reps and no one can tell me what the problem is --now the prices have changed drastically and STILL I need to book my trip. A rep today via site chat informed me they were filing a ticket but did not have a number that I could be transferred to in order to speak with an IT professional. I would love to know what is going on, how we can resolve this quickly, and how can we stop this from happening in the future.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I will never be flying with JetBlue anymore-flights are always canceled or delayed and employees are extremely rude. There’s a lack of communication on behalf of JetBlue - not to mention the on flight experience is horrible.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

I have been a loyal JetBlue member for many years. I travel to the Dominican Republic 3 times a year. Our flight on 12/25/22 got cancelled 3 hours prior to departure and no accommodations were made. We were on our way to the airport which is 1.5 hours from our house. These tickets were over $900 each which were bought in October. Our elderly mother who lives by herself in Dominican Republic was waiting for us. We will now switch to another airline. JetBlue does not place your customers first. I also have a JetBlue credit card which I will cancelling shortly.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

I made a reservation 5 days ago for a flight in August. I realized I needed to change the flight to three hours earlier on the same day. Same price, same day, same airport, same destination. They wanted to charge me $100 per person (3 people). Then they said that if I cancelled they would refund me my baggage fees but my flight money would be put into a JetBlue account that was good for a year then my money would go to them. How is this thievery legal? How are they losing money for a flight that is 8 months away and neither flight is fully booked? They made me pay them in full upfront then they can’t return my money? This is government sanctioned robbery.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

JetBlue cancelled our flight at the gate, minutes after we were supposed to take off. No explanation was given, and the abundant personnel at the airport were clueless, rude, and condescending. Their remote "customer service" was even worse. They took over 6 hours to get me to a chat. The clueless moron at the other end (or a very basic bot named "Katie" - difficult to tell) would take over 10 minutes responding to my chat message. But when I waited 10 seconds to respond to the chat, it dropped me off. Worst airline experience ever.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

JETBLUE FLIGHT 11 27 TO BOS TO AUA= disaster. Arrived to gate 530 am, then gate change since plane wasn't maintained. Boarded another sitting at the runway for 20min, pilot announced plane over fueled back to gate to unfuel 1800 pounds, hours later back at it ready for take off. My anxiety level was in the clouds. After an hour in flight pilot announces, "Attention passengers we need to go back to Boston, mechanical problems." REALLY. I think he already knew that on old plane. Back to Boston for another crew and plane which was again OLD. Jetblue should RETIRE ALL OLD PLANES. It has been one thing after another on these International flights. JET BLUE cant not be dependable 90%.

Jetblue author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information