Jetblue

Jetblue Reviews

3.5/5 (729 ratings)

About Jetblue Reviews

Jetblue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

My husband and I were scheduled to fly out on the 18th to the 23rd of September. We were previously going on the 9th but due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to delay our trip. But I digress, the 18th was the hurricane and JetBlue pushed us back to the 20th but not extending our stay for 2 days. They shortened my trip. I waited for over 2 hrs daily to speak or chat with someone to make sure that everything was a go for the additional 2 days that we lost, but it wasn’t. I called the hotel to make sure that they had power and we were all set.

I finally get to my destination and the hotel tells me that they thought I was a no-show and I did not have a reservation. I flew for 4hrs and this is what I hear. I had to call JetBlue while I was there so they can speak to someone to let them know that I did have a reservation. Because the hotel couldn’t reserve the reservation from a 3rd party on the same day, I had to pay for the 1st night. JetBlue is supposed to refund the money. They tell me it will be in a credit. Who says that I will be using them again? I was very lucky that there was a room available that fit what I wanted. I was supposed to have the continental breakfast because that’s what I chose for my initial trip but that didn’t happen. So, I had to pay more money just to eat breakfast which was $76.00 per day after the “$150.00” VIP perk was used up.

I paid for the extra legroom but then both ways, the internet did not work, and we couldn’t watch the DIRECTV on board. What is the point of having it if you can’t use it. This trip should have been for leisure but going and coming was nothing but problems. I know weather is not their fault but since there were so many issues going and coming there should be some sort of incentive. I am angry and frustrated because I was almost in a strange place away from home with no place to stay because JetBlue did not do their due diligence.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Return flight was supposed to depart at 8:25. They started changing the departure time every 20 min for 5 hours. No information was given till we all went to the desk. Our plane was stuck in another state due to heavy rain. The plane arrived after 5 hours, we were all very tired and waiting to get into the plane. All of a sudden, they said pilot cannot continue, and the flight was cancelled. Well, you know it way before, why did you you keep there with no information? They also said that they were not going to accommodate hotel, since this is an uncontrollable event. You can control it if you want, you can replace the pilots. I will never fly with JetBlue again. Additionally, they claim that they have wifi, it never worked.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We were supposed to fly from Florida to NY. We are mosaic and had the worse treatment ever. First time mosaic. The ocr told me to put her on the floor. I did. She's 8 lbs. Super good. He evaluated her. He goes, "Do you have a disability?" I said, yes. He goes, "What does she do?" I said, "Seizure alert dog." He asked what tasks. Which I didn't think I had to provide. I said, "She looks at my paws and stays by my side." He goes, "That's all." I said, "Yes that's what they do." We had all paperwork. Gave the paperwork that we filled out 2 weeks in advance. Had a note from our dr. He said, "She does not meet the credentials." We asked. "Why", husband said. "I can't tell you," he said. "Can we have it in writing?" "No." "So then he was like you can put her in a bag as a pet. That would be 200 $."

We canceled our flight and drove 3000 miles. I am not putting her in a bag where she can't do her job and I wasn't going to buy a bag at the airport. So as far as right now I do not wish to fly Jet Blue or fly in general as this was an embarrassing experience that I can't get over. So when we got back we reported him, he had gone to the upper Jet Blue. They told them, he said she was too big to fly and unruly and jumping on people. She's an 8 lb morkie. I think he got confused seizure alert and seizure assist. He did not sound like he read the ada. I do many times. So you may want to train your employees better. ** Also if he ran to the upper before we could. He can obviously realize he was wrong. Thank you. I am not flying again if this is your goal.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Let me start with the pro’s: good customer service over the phone, service at the airport is great and planes are clean. Con’s: terms & conditions are not listed in its entire; changes/cancellations must be in accordance with Jet Blue vacations and not the hotel. I booked a package with JetBlue vacations for 5 guest & one person canceled a week before travel date. The hotel allows for cancellation 48 hrs full refund & 24 hrs lose one night stay no questions asked. However, Jetblue vacations doesn't allow for hotel cancellation without a doctor’s note. Totally different rules from the hotel itself. My recommendation is to book a hotel separate. At least you will get a refund and your airline ticket is changeable or book with Expedia. At least their rules are in line with hotel & airlines. Lesson learned.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

My husband and I were scheduled to travel to New York in March 2020. Due to the pandemic and state shutting down, we couldn’t travel. JetBlue gave us an accurate blue account and applied for our money there. My relative that we were planning to visit in New York contracted Covid and passed. It has been two years now; I am not capable of traveling. The customer representative told me that if by 09/30/2022 we didn’t use the credit, we would lose it. She said, "JetBlue will keep the money, and you will lose." She told me she was doing me a favor. I am so frustrated to hear someone telling me they are doing a favor with the money I work hard to earn. I don’t know what precisely these big corporates are thinking, taking money from hard-working people. They are acting like I am the one who caused the pandemic to happen! This JetBlue is the worse company!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Our flight was delayed 8/6 by 3 hours due to JetBlue having no pilots. We missed our connecting flight to Aruba because of that. We were even told that they couldn’t purchase us new AA tickets which was the next available flight since JB was booked up the next 5 days. Not only did we have to pay out of pocket for a new flight but we lost $95.20 a night for 2 nights out of our Airbnb. We paid for our JB flights through JB with a JB elite visa Mastercard So please explain to me how a family of four on the same flight and same issues as us purchased their JetBlue trip through Travelocity and Hazel the supervisor was able to book the same AA flight on Monday for the 4 of them for no charge. Now we are fighting for our out of pocket expenses of $775.98 and JetBlue won’t do a thing to help us when it was their fault we missed our connecting flight we booked through them!

We were told our flight with American couldn’t be accommodated and on top of it we didn’t use JB courtesy two nights hotel since we stayed with friends while stuck in FLL and the family of 4 did take the two night stay. JetBlue has done nothing to rectify or help us. We lost 2 days of our trip and 2 nights at our Airbnb. It’s a disgrace how they treat their customers.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Number 1: NEVER use Paisley through JetBlue. Or at least check rates with outside companies. I Pay LESS than half for a rental car AND my hotel, than is quoted as a ‘savings/deal’ on the Paisley link that is sent automatically when one makes their reservation with JetBlue. I have been flying JetBlue for over four years, every month (yes during Covid, I purchased three seats to sit alone) and can honestly say maybe two cancellations due to weather, and leaving late, weather/ needed pilot.

My complaint is with the Las Vegas check in crew. RUDE and they have absolutely racially profiled customers. Not to me, but I have witnessed it first hand. The ONLY city I have witnessed it being done. DISGUSTING. They are actually rude to everyone. There are ‘some’ very, very rude flight attendants. Mainly the younger flight attendants. It happened to me in ‘Mint’ once and I was shocked. I simply requested something to eat that was on the menu, ‘we do not serve that’, ‘could you please check for me, it is the first item on the menu’. ‘We do NOT serve that’. Never saw him again. Mind you, there were two crew members for the eight people in Mint. I have seen ‘girls’ with uniforms on that looked like they had been slept in, messy hair and messed up attitudes. I wrote JetBlue a letter and they referred to me by the incorrect name. It seems small, but when you are made to feel small by certain crew members this slight only exasperates the situation and makes you wonder why did I waste my time.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I cancelled a flight within the appropriate timeline as stated on their site for a full refund. After receiving my refund I was then recharged by the airline for the cancelled flight. When trying to resolve this there is no help and the charge you a fee to talk to someone about the problem.

Original review: July 31, 2022

My whole family went on Vacation for the first time to Orlando/Disney. Kids and Grandkids. My daughter has had an issue getting a proper ID for the flights as the SS office won’t give appointments and DMV is by appointment… It wasn’t the airline's problem, however, on our return flight from Orlando back to New Jersey we encountered a woman who works for the TSA with whom was very unprofessional and very rude. We were the last to board our flight. Almost missed it because of this woman who couldn’t seem to do her job correctly and when I said something along the lines of this is a little ridiculous and we were going to miss our flight… her reply was ”what’s ridiculous is my daughter not having the proper ID.” Keep In mind my daughter is pregnant and has my two youngest grandchildren with her, ages 16 and 18 months.

They made us take everything we own out of baby carriages/bags like we were common criminals and then proceeded to pat us down!!! It was terrible! And then again when I said we’re going to miss the flight, her answer again to me was “well…there are other ways to travel.. Maybe you should have taken a bus.” She clearly did not care at all and I was appalled at her demeanor and overall rudeness! I chalked it up to the fact that she is just a bitter woman who doesn’t like her job and doesn’t know how to be a human being! I paid for the entire vacation for my kids and grandkids! 8 adults and 4 children! It was a lot of money and to be treated with such disrespect was inexcusable. Nevertheless, I will not be flying JetBlue anytime soon. J. **

Original review: July 26, 2022

Our flight with JetBlue to JFK was delayed by 2 hour, which made us miss our connecting flight with Turkish Airlines (July 16th 11pm), we had to get a hotel and food. When JetBlue associate rebooked us a new flight at 12.45pm on July 17, apparently they printed a ticket but didn't make a reservation so we could not board with Turkish Airlines at 12.45. This whole story is happening at JFK, me and my 9 year old had to run from Terminal 1 to Terminal 5 multiple times. Finally they book us a flight at 11pm July 17.

Our trip was absolutely ruined. Over 12 hours at JFK with a child, we arrived to Turkey the day later, all our appointments were canceled. On top of that they lost our luggage 2 times, on the way to Turkey and on the way back, they damaged our luggage and few items are missing. It was obvious that someone went through our stuff. Now when I'm contacting customer support to get reimbursement for the hotel and food, they refuse to reimburse and lady over the phone just hung up on me, no apologies what so ever. Super long wait time to get to customer service.

Jetblue author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information