3.64/5

Jetblue Reviews

566 Jetblue Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

I love the service. A very tall male flight attendant took a lot of time teaching me how to use the computerized TV and making my seat more comfortable, all the while squatting down to my level to be heard. He also admired my hat when I boarded and politely ask if he could stow it up front so as not to get it crushed in flight. At end of flight he was waiting with a smile, hat in hand and gently placed it on my head. Also, their bathrooms are always very clean.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Have used JetBlue for last 17 years. Prices and rewards are good. Flights have had a great on time record and planes are comfortable and clean. Staff has been professional and helpful. Services including TV and snacks add to pleasant flights.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The skyscapes and ticket agents are very knowledgeable. The assistance to check keep the passenger alert, saving the anxiety of missing the flights. I enjoy the effort of the airline to store food on the plane to keep the children quiet and calm anytime on the airplane, to help for delays with landing.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Overall, this is my favorite airline. I prefer this line to others because it is usually clean, the flight attendants are helpful and courteous and flights are seldom booked complete. Our last trip involved severe weather in Boston, causing a 5 hour delay. While I was not happy about that, when it was time to board, my mom and I were boarded 1st since she was in a wheelchair.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Their in flight service, customer service and prices are second to none. Whenever I call with a problem they always find a way to help me. They have changed dates, seats and helped me get the best value. They are just awesome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: July 10, 2019

My husband and I were booked on an 11:00 pm flight out of JFK. It was a short flight (approximately an hour) to Vermont. Weather delays in the tri state area threw things out of whack for everyone and we did our best to be patient as our flight got pushed back to an ETA of 2:30 a.m. At approximately 1:15 I got a chirpy text message saying our flight was canceled but we had options. By now the weather in both cities was perfectly clear so we don't know why the flight was canceled. They offloaded our luggage without telling us where so my husband had to go hunting for it. It took more than an hour. The one customer service person at the luggage carousel didn't seem to know anything. He finally found the luggage sitting in a corner.

Meanwhile I got in line at customer service and while I was waiting I got an automated phone message saying we were booked on another flight at 11:00 p.m. the following day. What on earth did they expect us to do after they abandoned us in the middle of the night in one of the countries most expensive cities??!! While I was in line I looked for other flights in other cities and on other airlines but didn't have much luck. Meanwhile I got to talking to two other passengers from my flight who were also stranded. We decided to band together and rent a car and drive home.

When I got to customer service it was another nightmare. No one knew what they were doing. Most of the reps stared at their screens as if they had never seen a computer before. The few people who did seem to know what they were doing were constantly leaving their customers to help their clueless coworkers. I asked the rep for a refund for the flight home and he agreed but said he couldn't provide me with any proof of it.

We set out to find a rental car only to find out that none were available. It was now 3:00 a.m. and we met two other families from our flight, all of them stranded, exhausted and hungry with nowhere to go. One of our fellow passengers arranged for a car service to pick us up at an ungodly fee and drive us all the way home. By then we had all been up for more than 24 hours and even if we had found a car none of us were safe to drive. I contacted JetBlue about the situation as soon as I got home and two days later they gave me a $25 credit. So far I have seen no sign of the promised refund. So in addition to the trauma and aggravation we are out of pocket for our return trip home and the $500 it cost to get us home in a car. At no point in this process did JetBlue ever appear to care about any of us.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Awfully bad experience. I travelled from FLL to SFO with my family. Jetblue prices grow much faster than other companies when you add just the basic option, in my case it was +50%, that puts this company to the same category with American Airlines, United, etc. For this price you have service, that is worse than the appropriate low-cost one. In FLL the terminal where Jetblue operates is far away from the rental cars parking, comparing to United, that operates in the same terminal. And even if Jetblue tails and admits it, you can't get anything - no business lounge, no paid hotels, absolutely nothing. I came to terminal and printed the boarding passes one hour prior to the takeoff. But the infrastructure in the airport, that works for Jetblue, is so awfully bad that I missed the flight.

The system doesn't print tags for luggage and nobody assist passengers. Finally after few attempts we came to the service desk to print them, it was 50 minutes prior to takeoff. Then we spent over 20 minutes printing the tags, it's easy to see the timestamps on the tags. Finally they didn't give us all our tags, one was missing! People were extremely slow, there was a glitch in a software, then printer didn't work. Finally 25 minutes prior to takeoff we came to the security check, where we supposed to have a separate line. We didn't get it even after we told that we're missing the flight. The gate was closed strictly on time and we had to go to the Jetblue service desk.

People at the desk saw right from the beginning all our statuses in the system and agreed that the was no our fault in this situation. They were not able to offer anything earlier than in 24 hours, but helped to identify all our luggage tags numbers and initiated the refund (appreciate it, however, I haven't got it so far). Everything else became our problem. We tried to discuss the situation with the manager on site, but this step was absolutely useless. We were waiting for him for 40 minutes, family of five people including five year old child, that already supposed to be sleeping on the plane. He told us that he's sorry about what happened but didn't offer anything to compensate our losses (time and money for the tickets that we had to buy in a last minute and hotel). He didn't say anything regarding the enormous timeslots for the typical operations, that we saw.

His point was that even if passengers paid for some services to get faster to the gate, one hour is not enough and we had to come earlier. But passengers should be notified about this critical issues in advance and have clear recommendations. And it doesn't mean that airlines are free from any obligations to support passengers on site. Nobody notified me that I had to plan 30-35 for each operation. I would never go for it.

Overall conclusion: No way. Doesn't make sense to pay for the service if you can't get it. We had many examples of good and bad services, but this one is the worst experience that we had. All companies have problems but this time were had no support at all. In case of any troubles with Jetblue you have reasons and explanation, but no help. They can tell you who's fault it is but they can't provide you anything after that happened. Special attitude exist only in their slogans.

Worst example of low-coster with the prices of the genuine airlines. P.S. My reservation: AGZWYA.

Original review: July 6, 2019

JetBlue used to be, by far, my favorite airline. They always had clean planes and superior customer service. In the last 6 months I have had a dramatically different experience. Of my last 7 flights, 6 have been delayed or cancelled causing significant frustration and missed time on vacation. This will be my last booking on JetBlue as it is now consistently ruining my family vacations.

Original review: July 1, 2019

​​Jetblue needs an urgent change - Holidays ruined by incompetence of Jetblue. Logistical failures that prevent schedules, lack of coordination between personnel lines at airports, lousy customer service, web page with slow and outdated information, even slower app and digital tickets do not work, and again customer service goes from bad to unacceptable level of business in USA. All this painful and unpleasant experience began when, on May 9 (1 month in advance), we decided to give Jetblue a chance and bought air tickets from my family (5 members) to travel from Atlanta to Quito on June 8, returning on the 26th. We live in Alabama, which involves a 2.5 hour trip to get to the ATL airport.

On June 8, we arrived at the ATL airport and checked in at the self-service kiosk and were only provided with the tags for ATL-FLL, missing the FLL-UIO route. I decided to have the customer service staff. We are not given the tags explaining that the flight is delayed. Tickets printed and everything ready, unfortunately Jetblue decided not to take off until 3.5 hours later. After 3 hours of waiting we contacted the counter and they informed us that we would reschedule the tickets for 11, because the flight would not arrive in time for the FLL - UIO connection. It did not matter that family meetings planned months before had to cancel. Jetblue argued that they could not do more and that they did not have flights available to accommodate us before that date.

THREE DAYS LATER, we returned to the ATL airport and this time we got the tickets and complete tags, checked and delivered 2 pieces of luggage. While we were passing TSA and approaching the boarding gate, Jetblue decided to prioritize waiting passengers and had our 5 seats and a sixth passenger to UIO, leaving us again off the flight, suggesting again reschedule our tickets for 13. An agent named Michael approached to explain that Jetblue could dispose of the seats at his discretion. As a special concession, we would keep our checked baggage, already on the plane, and deliver it to UIO, when our itinerary would finally be fulfilled. Recommends that we call Jetblue by phone if we want to extend our stay. When calling, an agent tells us that it will cost US $250 each to modify the return date by Jetblue policies.

After FIVE DAYS LOST FAMILY HOLIDAYS, we returned to the airport and made the process again. Being in line to check, the airport manager for Jetblue informed us that with the electronic tickets we could advance to the boarding gate. Upon arrival with TSA, they indicated that the electronic tickets were not valid to fly that day, which appeared as usable the previous day. We return with the Jetblue agents and ask them to review, they tell us that the flight was assigned for the 12th, due to confusion, and they assigned it for the 13th at that moment.

With the printed tickets we go to the boarding gate, where we are witnesses that the staff asks for volunteers to travel later because this time they also have overbooked tickets. We fly to FLL. Upon arrival we approach the customer service desk at terminal E to find out about our bags, there are 3 employees of Jetblue talking about who will take the turn of Friday night, because they would like to attend a party, while 8 clients wait. 2 of them are: Justin and Janelle **. When I ask him to do his job and I want to know where my bags are, he tells me that I have to go to the warehouse and find it to take to baggage delivery, because it is my responsibility to have lost the flights.

When explaining the responsibility of Jetblue in all the delays, he agrees to call, he tells me that unfortunately there is no one who attends the warehouse and that he will continue to insist, and recommended to advance to the exit door to UIO, because Jetblue could take the decision to take off without us. I take the advice and go to building F. There, I go back to the customer service desk and request my luggage information again, the agent surnamed ** tells me to look for it, 20 minutes later, she confirms that my luggage is located and will be sent on the flight we are traveling.

When arriving in Quito, the luggage did not arrive. A Jetblue agent approached us and offered his help, explaining the situation, he started looking for luggage at ATL, FLL, UIO until he finally informed us that he was on the next flight and that he would help us recover it.​ When arriving in Quito, the luggage did not arrive. A Jetblue agent approached us and offered his help, explaining the situation, he started looking for luggage at ATL, FLL, UIO until he finally informed us that he was on the next flight and that he would help us recover it. 1 hour after waiting for an answer, but with someone looking for it, we receive news. Thanks to this employee, a mole in Jetblue, at least we received our luggage, late but we got it. Great work by Carlos **.

As a result, our planned vacation for months, including family and religious ceremonies, was ruined by the dismal performance of Jetblue employees, FIVE lost days, waste of time, fuel (2.5 hours of travel between Chelsea AL and Atlanta GA and vice versa, 4 trips with a total of 10 hours), and emotional wear and tear are the result of our first flight with Jetblue. I need to know what actions the company intends to take in the face of this poor performance and what remedial actions it will have for us. I am awaiting your response and I am ready to provide any additional information you may require. I reserve my right to make my claim public.​

Original review: June 28, 2019

We arrived promptly at Logan airport in Boston Mass, hours before, for our trip to Punta Cana DR. This was our first vacation for my fiance and I with our two children age 21 and 14. We had 14 other family members going with us also. Had our flights checked in online the day before. We arrived with our AWAY luggage and had it checked in with no problems. We then all went through security with no problems, and went to sit at the area where our gate was. 30 minutes prior to the doors closing they called our names stating there was a problem with our luggage. They had the batteries in the baggage in which we were not aware it could not be there.

We purchased the away luggage because one of the biggest selling points were the chargeable batteries. This being our first flight we did not know they could not be installed in the bags where they belong. Later on one of the workers there told me they wish they would stop selling the AWAY bags as this has become a problem. Knowing that they should put up some type of signage stating if you have luggage equipped with batteries, they must be removed. They told us to hurry and sent us to a location where they stated our luggage would be there to pop out the batteries and make it back before they take off.

They sent us to the wrong location stating our luggage would be there. That department sent us to the right location and our luggage was not there to remove the batteries. We waited so long for them to get the bags, moved so slow they could care less that this trip cost us $9,000 total including straight flight from Boston to Punta Cana and back, all inclusive resort for 7 days and a van to and from the resort. Finally they retrieved our bags. We took the batteries out. They had us place our 4 bags again at the baggage area and go to security.

If they would have put us through the security quicker stating we had already been there we would have made the flight. Instead they stated we had to wait in line. I received a call from the flight attendant stating they were closing the doors and we would not make the flight and if I would give permission for my 14 year old child to travel with our older family members putting them in charge of her as she was a minor. I consented as they were on the plane already and thankfully I had my family members there I trust with all my heart. They made us miss our flight, separated us from our kids who were now on the flight with our family. I paid extra money for a straight flight. They took us out of the security line went to retrieve our bags again so they would not be on that plane and had us rebook two tickets, one for me and my fiance. The only ones they had available were to leave at 1:30 to JFK and then after 1.5 hours to Punta Cana.

We retrieved the tickets again. Checked in our bags and went through security. The flight attendants were very nice and explained everything on the plane where things were if needed. Instead of arriving at 12 noon in Punta Cana We arrived at 6PM after customs and everything we had to go through and the drive we arrived at 8:30 PM that night. My daughters were so happy to see us and I later found out the youngest one had cried. She was afraid something would happen to us. There was no urgency on their part of taking care of passengers who paid so much money for a flight, no care or compassion for what occurred. Not even an apology.

I will be posting this on multiple other sites as I do not want this happening to anyone else and feel this is unfair. We all work hard for our money in order to be able to take a vacation. I missed a whole day of mine because they couldn't just take an extra step to help us. I'm very disappointed in Jetblue. We will be taking many more vacations but I do not believe Jetblue will be getting our money anymore and from what I read on the other comments it looks that way for other people also. Thank you to anyone who has read this and understands my situation.

Original review: June 25, 2019

My daughter/son in law and kids were to fly from SeaTac to Alaska (they live in Georgia) for a short visit only 4 days so there was hotel car rental and a cruise planned. But after a 5 hour delay for no reason they canceled the flight and would not be able to get them there till after they were to leave. I have never heard anything good about them and this just proves my point. Stay away from them, their cheap prices are not worth it. There are other cheap ones out there.

Original review: June 25, 2019

On 6/24/19 my mother-in law was flying on Jetblue flight number 1646 from Charlotte to Boston when some lunatic who was sitting on seat number ** decided to start punching and kicking her chairs because she was reclining. We tried calling the customer service number to get some type of direction on how to file a complaint as she is scared and crying due to his reaction. The customer service name rep Jenny as well as her supervisor named Morgan explained there is nothing they can do and said “what would you like Jetblue to do?” My answer is simple “be more considerate." How would you react if that was your mom and there is some random person reacting this way? Are you all so clueless to know that people’s mentally are off and that proper precaution should always be taken. If the flight is still on the ground why wasn’t he removed? Was it because her limited English? What will Jetblue do if something were to occur while In the air?

Original review: June 20, 2019

I would advise anyone who buys packaged flights not to do so. You'd pay slightly less money but the act of flying on JetBlue, making it to your destination, and connecting on another flight is practically impossible. I bought a flight that was supposed to be connected at JFK. JetBlue delayed my flight by more than 3 hrs. I ended up getting to JFK by midnight and of course missing my international connection. JetBlue gave me, us, nothing: no hotel, no refunds, no allowances to accommodate changes to the international flight, not even a meal ticket. Now I will, for sure, not buy a JetBlue ticket ever. So be warned! Pay a little extra and don't buy your ticket online. Or see if any of your flights are on JetBlue and avoid them.

Original review: June 16, 2019

This review is on the booking process rather than the actual flight. I have always loved JetBlue but today my opinion changed. In February I booked a flight for my sister-in-law to fly from ATL to JFK and returning to ATL in June. Today I went onto the JetBlue website to try to get a better seat and make final touch up since she needs wheelchair assist etc. On seat selection I was offered a wonderful seat in first row (1A with plenty leg room) so I paid extra $42 from the ATL-JFK leg and $50 for the JFK-ATL leg). I was not able to ask for special accommodations and I noticed that luggage was not included (what!!). But I have no way to pay for luggage.

So I opened up a chat window and a lady name Ashley came on to help. She said I can add luggage and pay the fee on check in. I explained this is an 82 year old traveler and I want to make sure she is all set but with all the technology, JetBlue was not able to help me pay for this old lady luggage. I fail to understand from a programming point of view if I can pay for a better seat and the system can take credit cards, why can't I pay for luggage. Very disappointed, won't fly JetBlue again.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I wanted to cut my trip to Puerto Rico short because I found out (while on my trip) that my grandmother has uterine cancer and needs emergency surgery. Myself and my family members are her primary caregivers, so it’s very important that we’re by her side for this procedure. I wanted to change my flight to come home a day early and was told I’d have to pay $600 to do so. JetBlue offers fee waivers IF you can provide documentation of the emergency and if it’s approved. Mind you, I’m still in Puerto Rico and my grandmother is in North Carolina.

A lot of phone tag would be required to get a note from her doctor. Her doctor is also on vacation right now, so I wouldn’t be able to get that documentation for who knows when. In order to get home, I have to fly to Orlando and then turn around and drive 9 hours to North Carolina in order to be with her. I chose to fly from Orlando because it’s cheaper. I’m not a millionaire and can’t afford to pay $600 to change my flight. I refuse to get a doctor's note because I shouldn’t have to prove my grandmother has cancer in order for JetBlue to waive the fees. It’s ridiculous and I will never be flying JetBlue again. They aren’t helpful or understanding at all in cases of emergencies. I’m disgusted.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I'm certainly no world traveler, but, I have flown a good bit in my life. And have done so at least once on nearly every US-based airline at some point. So it gives me no pleasure to describe the experience I had with my first trip and final trip with Jet Blue. Having some money credited to a Jet Blue account due to a trip cancellation from earlier this year, future circumstances dictated that I use those funds now to go visit a friend near Fort Lauderdale, Fl. From the previously mentioned cancel trip, I had money in credit form with both Jet Blue & American, so, I chose to use the American credit for the trip down and jet Blue for the return. As I was traveling out of & returning to Baltimore [BWI], my routing with Jet Blue was Fort Lauderdale to Boston, Boston to BWI. That information sets up what follows.

I was scheduled to depart FLL at 11:40 AM, but didn't leave until about 2:30 PM. I had a 3-hour layover scheduled, but, that was now gone. Despite that we arrived at BOS and I was able to reach my gate with about 10 minutes prior to schedule pushback. However, the plane had already departed. There was one other flight to BWI that night, but, owing to more delays, it didn't leave until about 1:15 AM. After landing at 2:30, I discovered that only one of my two bags made the connection. The other, and most important one [my suitcase], despite being properly re-tagged, somehow found its way to a plane to Jacksonville, Fl. and not BWI. After being assured that my suitcase would be on the first flight back to BOS and then on the next available flight after that to BWI, that did not happen. My suitcase didn't get into BWI until midnight.

Now, I was told up front before I left BWI that Jet Blue had a delivery service that would deliver this for me. But I was not getting any communication as to its status and trying to check the status online, I could find no information there either. Ultimately, I made several phone calls to Jet Blue to check for updates and got mixed & false information, including being told at 9:00 AM by Jet Blue when I called again that it had reached BWI and was out for delivery with the delivery service, and that I should have it by noon. However, the delivery service called me just before 1:00 PM to ask me if they were supposed to deliver it, as it was still at BWI, with Jet Blue telling them that I was picking it up, which was definitely not the case & not what had been settled on. I know this is long-winded, but, I feel the need to point out the many errors that occurred with this trip. Jet Blue's performance in this was a disgrace on many levels. I will never fly them again.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had travel with Jet for many years mainly cause it was one of the few airline that travel to the Dominican Republic. The service was always mediocre but I manage. This past May 15 my flight 1010 leaving SDQ was the worse. My flight was schedule for 510am, was reschedule to 830am and then reschedule again for 2pm. The supervisor would not give a explanation and there were no announcements. I paid almost 1000$ for this flight. After explaining to the supervisor that I was to be at work that day he agree to flight me to EWR where I had to paid 100 extra for a cab. After everything was done I try to reach out to JetBlue csc and was given the cold shoulder. My advise find a better airline if traveling to the DR.

Original review: May 10, 2019

As a frequent traveler I get to experience and compare different airlines. My fiancé bought a bundle vacation package and we ended up flying with JetBlue. I was very excited since they recently ranked #1 but... oh Lord. I was so wrong. The flight attendants were rude, cut and dry, no smiles, NOTHING. They looked so miserable, almost like they hate their job. I usually see other airlines greeting their customers when boarding or thanking them when exiting the plane...NONE! Gathered in a corner chatting ignoring the customers. Never heard from the pilots either. Name, flight updates, weather conditions, etc. What about the security emergency explanation? We heard the instructions but no one did the actual showing. This was a round trip flight between Ponce, Puerto Rico and Orlando, Florida. Sorry, but I will not be flying with them again. AA has better manners and excellent customer service.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I've always loved JetBlue. They have been my go-to airline for years. Something has changed recently. Lots of delays. Lots of malfunctioning equipment. My most recent flight from Boston to Tampa was allegedly delayed from 3:00 to 3:47. Nbd, we grabbed some food. Went to the gate at 3:45, No plane outside. Girl at the desk said 15-20 min. Ok. Came back, plane was there deplaning previous flight. Boarded at 4:15. THEN HERES THE KICKER. SAT ON THE GROUND IN THE PLANE FOR 45 MORE MINUTES while they "waited for 2 extra pilots to board so they could recover another plane from Tampa." Then none of the TVs worked and the wifi was spotty at best, which sucks when traveling with a 2 year old. Where is the old JetBlue I loved for so long?

Original review: April 27, 2019

If you are looking for paying for a service you will NOT receive, this is the airline for you. We flew into JFK with two children at 6 am (after a 10 hour flight from Honolulu). Our connecting flight to Rochester was supposed to take off at 7:26 am. That flight was cancelled. They automatically put us on another flight at 10:50 pm. WHAT?

How does a 16 hour delay after a 10 hour flight seem like a good solution? Since they automatically put us on the flight that was delayed for 16 hours, when I called to see if there was anything earlier (and there was a 12:50 pm flight), they said that because they automatically booked us on the 10:50 pm flight that we would now have to pay to change it. We then spent a good hour on hold and arguing this just so we could get home with our children 10 hours sooner. They finally waived the charge and switched us to the 12:50 pm. But there was still no crew.

One JetBlue worker shared that the company pays their workers less than the other airlines and because of this, has trouble keeping employees...including pilots. Apparently this is commonplace in JFK. Our flight was delayed again until 3:15 pm putting us over the 24 hours we have been traveling with children. Have you traveled with kids? Pure torture. Maybe a peace offering of a meal voucher would have been nice. I inquired about that, I was told the company does not give those out. I am completely disappointed that our trip ended this way. I will be sure to share with EVERYONE, our experience. I mean I have had the time sitting all day today at the airport...

Original review: April 26, 2019

I flew JetBlue and they had a mechanical issue which caused me to miss my connecting flight to my final destination. I had to wait for hours for anyone at customer service in the airport to even speak with me to resolve the issue. And then they told me they couldn't get me to my destination for another 5 days because that's when their next flight was going there! They had already sent my luggage to the connecting airport where I had missed the flight. Long story short, I had to buy a very expensive flight on AA in order to get to my destination the next day. However, JetBlue never sent my luggage to my final destination.

Although I followed the procedures JetBlue gave to me to have my luggage transferred from them to AA, JetBlue never transferred my luggage and never sent it to my final destination. I made the request twice during my week long vacation and JetBlue kept possession of my luggage the entire time. I had to ask to have it delivered to my home a week later when I returned from my trip. When I tried to file a claim with JetBlue, they told me that since I was FORCED to purchase another flight on another airline, the other airline is responsible for me not having my luggage and having to purchase clothes, toiletries, etc. This was absurd considering that AA never had possession of my luggage and it was in JetBlue's possession the entire time!

And then the Jet Blue baggage rep that I spoke with tried to chastise me for waiting 2 weeks to file an official claim!! They have some nerve! I will never fly them except to use this sorry credit that I have to use with them...since they don't issue flight refunds, which is also absurd! I'm telling everyone I know...never fly JetBlue!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I'll admit that I did not dig down and read the fine print, never had to. Bought a refundable ticket, not so fast. No money back, you get a credit. What if I never want to fly Jetblue again? Ridiculous.

Original review: April 20, 2019

90% of my fights with this crappy airline are delayed, not only leaving Boston but on my return flight from Fort Lauderdale as well. I travel every two weeks round trip Boston/Fort Lauderdale on business and finally I’ve had it. Almost every time there’s a delay and normally they’re not 30 or 40 minutes no, it’s 1:30 to 2 hours delays. Upon checking online I finally came to my conclusion about this airline, on Money magazine there’s an article where they are placed last and it comes to delays and cancellations, worse than Spirit, unbelievable but true. Stick with Delta, yes they have delays as I have experienced, but they were due to snow storms, never anything else.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have flown JetBlue for years and never had an issue like this before. My flight going to San Juan, Puerto Rico and coming from San Juan, Puerto Rico were delayed for over 10+ hours. Resulting in missed connecting flights, expensive rental cars, and hotels that we did not want to stay at. I was lied to by the customer service representatives stating that our flight would leave within the hour, within four hours and then finally ten hours from when our flight was supposed to take off. We ended up paying for an AirBnB that we could not get the money back for, had to take off an extra day off work and their solution was to just hang up on me. Nothing was resolved and they seem to not care if we are upset or not. My trip was great just this airline is the worst.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I used to love my JetBlue plus credit card when it was American Express! Bad move on the airlines because Barclay/Mastercard is horrible with incompetent customer service representatives. Last year, it took forever for them to send me my statements during the switch over and couldn't quite figure out to email me PDF's until I had to explain to them how to make it work. Then, just now, I was on the phone for 1.5 hours trying to get my status approved for spending over 50k on their card. My annual summary states I have, but apparently that doesn't take out refunds and turns out that I was $68 short. So lovely to be given that news 1.5 hours in, when it seems like that news could've been broken in 10 minutes or less.

The first Barclay/Mastercard woman confirmed I did spend over 50k, yet wasn't on the line long enough with JetBlue airlines to send over the confirmation and the second woman at Mastercard took way too long for me to even explain what I needed, but finally ended up saying my annual summary is wrong and I'm just a little short?! If I am paying an annual fee and spending so much on your card, I would expect competent people trained on the rules/perks of the card and know how to find that within minutes in my account. I am considering canceling. American Express NEVER had this type of customer service.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We had three issues with Jetblue all in one flight. First, we did not get to select our seats. We booked two seats & when we checked in, they were not next to each other. At this point we were offered a chance to upgrade our seats to the extra space seats. We did upgrade so that we could have adjoining seats. Secondly, upon getting on our 4.5 hour red-eye flight from Vegas to Fort Lauderdale, our row was the only row of seats on the flight whose TV’s were not working. Not only were they not working, but they were flickering & strobing the entire flight.

We asked the flight attendants if we could turn the brightness down or turn them off, so that we did not have a bright light flashing in our eyes all night, but they said they couldn’t do anything except offer a $15 voucher for each improperly working TV for use on a future flight. The attendants then stated we should use the provided eye mask to block out the TV, which is great if you’re tired, but I wasn’t. I just wanted to sit in my dark seat.

Lastly when we got home, we called customer service & spoke with a manager who insisted that since we received extra legroom on the flight, we could not receive our money back for the upgrade even though we were subjected to a blindingly flickering light all night. I told her I had video of the occurrence & she did not want to see it, had no interest in listening to my case or trying to accommodate me in any other way, except for the already offered voucher. I declined the voucher & asked for her boss’ information which she refused to give me & instead put the vouchers through on our account even though I clearly declined, so as to show that the problem was resolved. It goes without saying, that I will not be looking to book another Jetblue flight or use their voucher anytime soon.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Very unprofessional, disorganized, no id check, never experienced anything like it. Flight #1837 to DTW from Boston. Short staffed, terrible customer service. Not to mention two flight delays and a missed connection due to delays and not even an apology. Flight attendant couldn’t even control the boarding from zone to zone, people were boarding as they pleased, no order, made me feel unsafe.

Original review: April 8, 2019

So disgusted with JetBlue, flight #283 that was leaving from JFK @ 5:41pm on 4/5/19, how dare you kick a young mother with two small children (7 months and 3 years old) off of a plane because she was unlucky enough to sit next to a racist-that didn’t want to sit next to her because she’s Hispanic and had small children with her... My daughter didn’t deserve that. It breaks my heart to have MY grandchildren witness racism at such an early age. Disgusted. They paid for their seats-they weren’t flying for free.

And how did jetblue handle the situation? They decided the best thing was to kick my daughter and grandchildren off of the plane and not allow her to get her carry on luggage, telling her to leave her carryon because she had so many things to carry on top of the stroller and carseat. That was way too much for her to pull alone. When they decided to give her the stroller it was soaking wet as if it were sitting outside on such a wet day. But her carry on luggage and checked in bags were still on the plane that landed without them on it.

But wait it gets better...they book her on another flight leaving from La Guardia Airport but don’t provide any transportation on a later flight, with her two small children a wet stroller and my poor granddaughter who had an “accident” because she was so scared...no compassion for humanity. The flight attendant who's name is Selena, also a woman was so detached and inhumane towards my daughter. She didn't have any compassion for a young mother traveling with small children, what happened to women empowering each other and love thy neighbor? Thank you to the lady (a total stranger) that stood up and spoke up for my daughter. God bless you. She was also thrown off the plane for her kindness.

Thank you also to the Corporate Security that was called on board to diffuse the situation, Gil, who stated, “that he always defends his team but in this instance he can’t because what they did to you (my daughter) is a travesty.” It comforts me to know that you both were there for my family when I couldn’t be...so upset and disgusted. I called JetBlue as her concerned mother to report it-and the representative on the phone had me on hold for what felt like forever only to come back on the line to say, “I spoke to my supervisor and since we weren’t in-flight and didn’t witness it, we can’t do anything, she needs to file a complaint, so sorry for the inconvenience”. To which I said, “So you’re basically telling me, sorry for what you went through there’s nothing we can do, so sorry? “She replied yes that’s what I’m saying.

This is what’s wrong with the world today-people are cruel stepping on others to get ahead-discriminating against minorities yet WE the minority’s are the MAJORITY. They didn't arrive to their destination until 3am Saturday, 4/6/19. Horrible what they did to her, JETBLUE where’s the humanity and compassion for your PAYING customers-we are PEOPLE! How dare you.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Flight 825 a hour flight leaving on a Saturday was supposed to leave @ 9:03a, it left at 10:50a. They booked a full flight, and made everyone sit in the plane smelling the bathroom stench while they performed maintenance on the 'air conditioning' for two hours. They kept walking on and off the plane with no explanation until after two hours.

The off-boarded people who missed their connecting flight and then on-boarded them. When you call JetBlue, the first person said no, the plane took off at 10:43 and since it wasn't a full two hour delay, it doesn't qualify for a refund. Then a manager came on and said no, no it has to be three hours in order for it to qualify for compensation. How convenient for JetBlue! IT TOOK THREE HOURS TO GET TO A DESTINATION THAT TAKES ONE! They should have compensated everyone on that plane for their TIME WASTED!

Original review: March 28, 2019

We arrived for our flight @5:38 am. The flight was scheduled to leave at 5:50 am and the door was open. Eron was rude and unprofessional and told us we were too late. It was my family of 5 and 13 other people. We advised it was one TSA worker in which she stated, "That's not my problem." She stated she could not get us to our destination which is Montego Bay until Saturday. We had to call customer service for help. The inconvenience has caused us to miss a day of vacation, lose money on hotel and pay for and additional hotel in NY where we have to fly to get to Jamaica tomorrow. Eron could be heard saying It to her peers, "I could have let them on but they was taking too long" as my elderly mother was walking to the gate.

Jetblue expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

• Best for: Business travelers and frequent fliers looking for a flexible rewards program and unique services.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information