2.05/5
Based on 93 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Jetblue Reviews

484 Jetblue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 8, 2018

I am not sure why so many people are writing negative reviews, although several are their own fault for not paying attention to rules like needing to check bags at least 60 minutes prior to an international flight, this is not a Jetblue rule, but FAA regulations and sometime up to the airport as well. If they say you need to check your carry on, there is a reason for it, perhaps your bag is too large for the space remaining, perhaps it is too close to take off time. Remember the flight attendants are there to make sure everyone stays safe and to try to make sure the flight leaves on time. Overall, I have never had a rude employees and in fact they usually bend over backwards to help you.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I’m in New York, my flight is due at 2:58. I get a phone call at 11:15 saying my flight has been canceled for June 5th 2:58 departure for LGA. I was rerouted by JetBlue to leave or at 7pm. I called customer service. Spoke to Michelle after waiting almost 30 minutes on hold. She then made a flight out of JFK to get me back to FLL sooner. Got to JFK the same issue appeared. The flight never existed. I was then given a 3:40 flight which was boarding for Group A in the more room seats up front. I was given a front seat. However trying to board and was turned around stating I was on standby. My seat had already been taken. Who accommodates you, got your inconvenience and how do you just switch flights when a passenger has paid for a flight for timely reasons. I don’t think I’ll be flying JetBlue. Poor customer Service and I’ve never been through this before. I’ve always flown JetBlue. Very disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I got an email that my flight was cancelled SIX HOURS before takeoff for 'maintenance issues'. As we were going on vacation, it was too late to change or cancel accommodations and car rental. I was told by two supervisors (Lesandra and Carline) that my only options were to wait until the next flight which was TWO DAYS AWAY, make a 4.5 hr drive to Atlanta for a flight tomorrow, or just get a refund of the cost of my flight. They refused to help me find another flight on another carrier.

As we already had several thousand dollars invested in this vacation, I had no choice but to do all the legwork and somehow manage to find a last minute flight that didn't cost $2,000. I did get one (thank goodness), that had multiple stops, was 3 hours longer and didn't get in until after midnight. I called Jetblue back to have them refund my flight and see if they could refund me the extra $269.00 it cost for my new flight. They refused and said they would only refund the cost of the flight and give a $100 flight voucher for my 'inconvenience'.

BEWARE OF JETBLUE. When there are problems, if you've read anything on this page you should see that they are ill prepared for issues or to compensate customers for what could be severe financial burdens. I felt like neither supervisor I spoke with (Lesandra or Carline) was willing to go even a little above and beyond to help me out. I declined the vouchers and told them I would never fly JetBlue again... it's not worth the stress and the risk.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Horrible experience! My flight was scheduled for 4 pm and the flight kept getting delayed over and over. We took off at 2 am. I’m not even joking. It was a real nightmare. Worst airline ever. Beware :(

Original review: May 31, 2018

Received excellent service at my final destination. Helpful with directions and baggage pick-up as well. Received multiple wishes for a pleasant vacation and hopes for a safe and pleasant return flight.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: May 30, 2018

Overall Jetblue is the best domestically. They have good flights and in general it is an easy process, they are also super efficient with regard to impending storms, cancelled flights and rerouting and refunding. Most of the time the agents are polite and friendly, however they need a little more attention to their staff in NY and Miami. I think the seating is smart and works. I also think the food is smart, but wish they offered food that didn’t smell. Sometimes it can be overwhelming to smell salami, garlic and other things in a confined space. They should make sure to update their planes too and continue to offer the service that a lot of the other airlines don’t. I also think it would great if they introduced family flights during high family travel times to Florida. Jetblue has always been the front runner on different domestic plane service and was better than Virgin America. A little more innovation in these trying times for business travelers would be welcome.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I had been in Auto accident and had been diagnosed herniated disk lumbar and had lost the standing and walking capability. Being alone in US and lengthy wait to see physicians, I called Etihad Airlines and inquired about my possibility to travel to Jaipur India for quick surgeon appointment and surgery. As per their wheelchair requirements I got physicians signatures describing my diagnosis and present traveling capabilities. I bought tickets. Then I was told to submit my medical records. I did and my physician spoke to airlines providing his number for any future requirements, meanwhile I got contact with neurosurgeon from brain and spine hospital Jaipur surgeon Dr Kamal ** through my nephew in India by sending a copy of MRI through Email. I got the earliest appointment on 4th June 11AM.

I was all set to go on June 1st. After accessing my condition, I decided to upgrade my economy to Business class. I was confirmed for business from Abu Dhabi to Jaipur by paying $155 difference. I was working to upgrade from JFK to Abu Dhabi and my bid for $ 1115.00 was not accepted. I was told I can upgrade just before flight.

On 1st I checked flight status at 3:30 PM before departing to JAX airport had no delays. As I reached Jax airport, some passenger said that the flight is cancelled. I checked signboard and had no delays. I went to Jetblue counter with skycap pushing my wheelchair and baggage cart. During my wait in line I called Etihad Airlines and informed about the rumor of flight cancelation. They said “your flight is in time and you are all set to go."

But on the counter it was different story. The flight is cancelled and was told to return on 2nd at the same time. Everything is booked same but for next day. I returned called my friend to ride me back and paid $ 20 to skycap. I called Etihad Air again and they said “THIS IS NOT OUR TICKET anymore. THIS IS JETBLUE TICKET NOW" So I was at the mercy of Jetblue. There are 3 Jetblue and one Delta flight from JAX to JFK. The layoff in JFK is only 1:40 hours at JFK. I arrived well in advance to get flight. I was told that flight is 3 hours delayed. "But you don’t worry, if you lose flight, they will take care of you at JFK. Either they will get you another flight immediately or they will provide you with hotel accommodation, etc."

I arrived JFK at 11PM on 2nd. Since the connecting flight had already left at 10:40 PM I went to Jetblue office at JFK. The reception was quite rude. It looked like I was an unwanted unnecessary burden passenger, The lady on counter said “You were told at JAX once you reach JFK you will be on your own.” My answer was “how can you say to me I am on my own. I have confirmed tickets. And I was told there you will make onward arrangement and provide my necessities." On this she said it was my mistake. I should have got my onward booking arranged from there at that time. At the time of check in, 6:30 flight was scheduled for 8:30pm. If flight had to take off at 8:30 PM, it was fine but flight took off at 9:30. I said what do you expect me to do. Sit on airport on wheelchair till the time you get me the flight.

After few hustles she got to the job and started to make phone calls. She informed me that there is no seat available for tomorrow. Have to wait 2 days in NYC. I insisted to send me as soon as possible; I am in bad shape and have surgeon’s appointment. "You can send me to Jaipur from Mumbai or Delhi. It is not necessary for me to go through Abu Dhabi." Then she called again and asked if I will take British Airways to London and then to Delhi and Jaipur. At 12:17 my reserve to Jaipur through British Airways was confirmed. She told me to wait outside by the time she will arrange the accommodation. While I was waiting outside I realized that I don’t have spare underclothes and shirt. By this time my clothes were already shabby and smelling. Being on wheelchair unable to stand or walk, I can’t go minor shopping.

Having a similar previous experience in Qantas Airlines on my trip to Melbourne Australia, they had provided me with a travel pack of 2 underclothes and toiletries, I requested her to provide similar travel pack as I am unable to step out of hotel to shop. Her reply was “we don’t have any such provision." I said I had availed similar provision with Qantas in similar situation. Her answer was, "We are Jetblue and not Qantas. I am in NYC and have never heard of Qantas." My answer was “you mean you are explaining that inferior to Qantas!" At 1:35 AM I was sent to Radisson of JFK. I asked if I can get something to eat and I was shown sandwich vending center. I picked on sandwich at 1:50 AM and paid 11:75. I was notified that airline does not provide anything to eat. I checked in at little after 2 AM.

My room has no handicap wheelchair provisions. Motel provided me with wheelchair but toilet is not meant for wheelchair occupant. Bathroom has no support to hold on or stool to sit on for shower. I had to stand for a minute and my disk was aggravated. I was in pain and had to take painkiller. It lasted for half an hour. I went for breakfast and was told airlines have not authorized and was charged $ 18. I went to reception and asked to get me some water to drink on which they said “water is only provided on check in.” Last night when I came in there were two 500 ml bottles of water. Being exhausted and hungry for 10 hours, 1 liter of water quota was hardly anything. They insisted me to buy $ 2.00 for 20 oz bottle from vending machine. They provided 1 bottle as courtesy and rest I had to purchase 4 bottles for $ 2 each from vending machine.

Whenever my back gets aggravated due to movements, I get severe pain and I start sweating with the result I need to drink water immediately. I had no choice. Maybe Jetblue did not look for wheelchair accessible motel accommodation. Motel’s main handicap entrance is out of order. One has to wait on someone to get the door. My clothes were already shabby and dirty. I went to gift shop located in the hotel and bought a T shirt for $19.59. They had no underwear therefore now either I have to be in soiled underwear or without. Either way it's going to cause rash in my groins. I went for lunch at 12:45 PM and by now my back is already getting aggravated due to pulling wheelchair on carpeted floor. When I push or pull with my arms, it pains my back right away. I Paid $ 20 for lunch by Amex CC. If Jetblue had to book me on earlier flight, I may not have gone through so much pain and suffering.

I wanted to verify my wheelchair booking by phone to British Airways. I had to call BA office and hotel rate to call BA Office is $ 5.00 per minutes and to call 800 toll free number $1 per minute. I decided to leave early and find my way at airport myself. At 3:30 I came out and shuttle leaves every half an hour. Bellman said the driver will inform airline on the curbside and they will bring wheelchair. When shuttle came bellman loaded my carry on and told driver to contact airline on curbside to arrange the wheelchair. The driver refused. For bringing me to motel last night they picked me up from curbside. Now he is refusing. Bellman went to front desk and was told that he can call taxi. Bellman called taxi $ 22.00. Taxi brought me to curbside and informed airline staff for wheelchair. It was there in less than one minute. Now it's 3 years and I am still on my way to recovery.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have had the misery of flying JetBlue twice a week for the last month. Their points system is a scam. They make it impossible to earn top status with the airline when you only fly short commuter flights albeit twice a week. They define their points in a few different categories. Only dollars spent on flights actually benefit your status with the airline. No other points help your status. I would happily pay for good service, i.e. First Class. They do not offer it. Only more expensive seats that have been double sold and I have been moved without any explanation or compensation.

Poor service, terrible at customer retention. Absolute lack of any type of first class treatment despite what you pay. Even more space is only a little bigger and they still can refuse your bag position in the overhead bin. I have an overhead bin requirement due to medical needs. She made me put my bag two rows back so the first row medical needs could be available. They never were, the flight attendants proceeded to use my overhead bin for their bags. Attendant on the last flight was the worst I have ever encountered on any airline. So rude and entitled. Why? I'm pretty sure I spend more money in a pay period on their flights than they pay her.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Traveling from Florida to Ohio and the flight was delayed several times and finally cancelled. They do not work with other airlines for alternative flights. We were told to come back the next day as they offer only one flight a day. Instead we changed to another Jetblue flight to Pittsburgh and figured we could rent a car and drive to Cleveland. The Pittsburgh flight was delayed several times with many gate changes but finally left several hours delayed. I've flown many many times and this is the first and last time I'll use Jetblue. Chaos should be their tagline.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Whilst trying to change my college students flight to the one prior, it is the shuttle that goes every hour, the rude agent said it would be $200. That is more than the price of the ticket. I said that I was an airline executive and we pride ourselves on service and she responded that those days are gone and "it's just a job". It is discouraging to see how low our standards have been allowed to fall and that it is now accepted in all areas. We deserve better.

Original review: April 27, 2018

BUG INFESTATION!! We flew with JetBlue, and we took apart my kids' double stroller at the gate before boarding. We handed them the stroller and they never put our stroller in a bag when they took it from us at the gate (we traveled before with multiple airlines and they put the stroller in a bag transparent bag), but anyways we kept the stroller extensions of the so they don't break while in storage. When we received the stroller back at the airline door, it was infested with thousands of tiny spiders!!!! We took tons pictures and the security advised us to contact the office.

When we confronted the airline, the lady at the front desk told us to move the stroller outside their office and they have to call the cleaning company to take it away so it won't infest their offices, which they did. (So we left the airport without a stroller without a car seat.) After couple days we call 866-538-5489 to follow up on the issue, and their response was very unprofessional. The lady name Lisa on the phone was so rude to my wife and she kept cutting her off and raising her voice on my wife, and that they can't do anything and she offered us $30 credit.

All what we asking for is for our stroller & car seat back. We kept asking for our stroller back but the lady insisted that we have the stroller with us. How we are going to take an infested stroller and put our kids in such danger. We still have the stroller extensions with us and they clean, no spiders inside our luggage no spiders in the extensions. So it must be either from the plane or when they took the stroller from us at the Gate. (We don't know where they put it before they move it in the jet.) We called JetBlue and they refuse to help, and they hang up the phone on my wife. No help at all. They refused to reimburse us the cost of the stroller or even send us another stroller. I can't believe this is coming from JetBlue.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Just flew with Jetblue for our first time yesterday. We were delightfully surprised, especially having been an avid Delta fan for so long. For the price of our ticket from JFK-SEA on Delta, booked 3 weeks prior, seated all the way back in coach, not even next to each other... We were able to pay $100 more and book a flight less than 24hrs ahead of time, for first class, and sit next to each other! Jetblue's seats are wider in general and the interior is much more renovated and modern than most other airlines. Flight attendants were helpful and polite. I had numerous questions prior to booking which resulted in multiple calls. Each time, the hold time was no longer than 13 mins, compared to the "over 2 hours" I've dealt with each time I call Delta's customer service. Our flight was on time, we departed on time, and even arrived 30 mins early!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am very disappointed Jetblue customer, you ruined my honeymoon getaway with my husband. I will never use your airlines again. We traveled April 2-6 from JFK to Punta Cana, our flight 369 was supposed to depart at 12:20, but due to the snow we didn’t leave until 2 hours later. That’s fine. We can’t control Mother Nature, so here goes the worst part. We are boarded in the air happy as can be on our way to Punta Cana and the pilot announces there is a problem with the navigation system and we have to turn around and go back to JFK. We then waited for 8 hours for another plane and crew to take us, sure you provided credits and pizza, but that is not enough.

Upon arrival in Punta Cana, sleepy, tired and aggravated I called JetBlue Getaways to see if I can extend my stay by one day, the representative was nice enough to book a connecting flight on Saturday. Great. Now we can really enjoy our vacation. So it's Saturday and we are on our way to the airport when I get a text our flight is delayed, it just keeps getting better, every 15 minutes there is a text of the flight delay. At this point, I’m beyond mad. I am infuriated, I was informed we would miss our connecting flight from Boston to NY, so we were placed on a later flight connecting in Puerto Rico, we didn’t get home until 1:00 AM Sunday morning.

There goes another day stuck at the airport and there goes basically two days you wasted of my time and money, I will never use your airlines again. How can a big multimillion dollar like you not have proper planes to transport people back and forth to their destinations? My husband and I worked very hard to save for this honeymoon and the stress of traveling alone was enough. You need to address problems in your equipment and stop wasting people’s time and money.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I had to jumps thru hoops to barely make it on time to my dad's funeral. And in the return I had to be late for work. They delay flights more than any other airline in the whole United States and Canada. They delay all my flights 9 times more or less. And their price are terrible. They definitely lost my business.

Original review: April 8, 2018

This airline it's a disaster, never on time. I do believe that people still flying with JetBlue because they always give a 75 dollars credit. Back on August last year same thing happened to us in our family vacation to Cancun, Mexico, it was a mess. We are so upset, right at this very moment we are again in Atlanta waiting for our delay fly. This airline is a joke. I’m deleting my app from my iPhone. It's not worth it.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Flying JetBlue and about to board the plane, lady checking tickets gives the young girl in front of us a hard time about her bag being half a centimeter too long to fit in the “check in bag requirements” so they make her check the bag... then our turn comes and we had the same exact issue and the lady made us both check our bags which is a huge inconvenience because we are traveling light and fast. With no time to spare for waiting for luggage. Long story short terrible customer service. The staff could care less and the plane was extremely disgusting with food all over the floor and seats. I couldn’t be more grossed out and uncomfortable. Don’t waste your money flying with this airline.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Original flight on 3/20 got cancelled due to the weather. The re-booking was a nightmare. Had to wait on the phone for 40 some minutes to get to an agent. The agent tried to get rid of you ASAP by saying there is no seat available even though there are seats if check online. Finally was able to get seats on the flight on Friday 3/23, the flight is delayed for 2.5 hrs and then delayed for another 40 minutes and still is waiting. Avoid JetBlue.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Worst airlines to book. March 20& 21 there is snow storm on East Coast but every single flights going out of JFK are confirm for flying but only JETBLUE DECIDES 2 days prior they will not fly. After requesting to change my flight they said they don’t have any flights until Saturday. I had book from JFK to Montego Bay (Jamaica). Have me such a hard time to refund & I lost $$$ for my booking in Jamaica because we were flying back on Monday. It did not make sense to purchase another $1000 ticket just one way.

Guys please don’t travel thru JETBLUE & worst customers service. Rather pay little more to other airlines but don’t waste your money with this kind of unprofessional corporation. I wish if someone from corporate pay attention to this kind of complaints. Also forgot after I was been told that the flight is cancelled I still get email from them saying, "You can check in online." What one department doesn’t talk to another in the same company??? So stupid just flying JETBLUE.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I and my daughter bought Jetblue tickets $174 each. It is total $348. Due to the weather I called and canceled flight. No refund but $348 Credit! Sound was okay, however, I should pay cancellation fee $150 each If I use credit. It means I only use $24 each. They answer “I am sorry I understand. What I can do...” They are not sorry and they don’t want to understand because they don’t want to refund and don’t want to give anything back.

Original review: March 19, 2018

From 3:49pm to 7:30pm I received multiple emails of flight delays, then corrected to on time, then delayed, then on time, then delayed from 10pm departure to 1am departure. I called the airline to complain that this did not seem as a weather delay even though it was insisted multiple times that it was, but as internal issues, seeing as they knew the plane from NY was delayed to us by 2 hours and we kept receiving multiple changes. You can track a plane on flight aware and know when it will take off and land. It’s pretty simplistic.

I spoke with a snotty rep at first, then asked to talk with a manager. I explained my case and the manager states “so you want a refund”. I said I think that is fair seeing as this is clearly not a weather delay because you can track the plane that was supposed to pick us up, and the airline knew since 3:49pm it was not going to make it. She refunded my money but DID NOT say anything about CANCELLING our tickets. Maybe I am just ignorant, but I thought the airline was refunding my money because they valued their clients. NO. Not the case. Thankfully we realized she cancelled our tickets because the App no longer found our reservation. I called back to in fact confirm with a live person a manager cancelled my reservation without telling me, then had to void the refund, was charged again, and received our places back on the flight.

Now I am sitting exhausted in the airport, as I write, being told the flight was delayed actually by a mechanical issue. Not by a flight delay from the plane's previous destination, as I expected all along. But at least my husband and I have a ticket to board and didn't get to the airport with no reservation because the woman (whose name I won’t mention) failed to tell me she completely cancelled our flight. That would have been another aggravating battle to deal with. What are we supposed to stay in Salt Lake City for the rest of our lives?!? As far as I’m concerned every passenger should be refunded for the complete lies this airline has said to their customers. Even baggage check told us the airline HAS to blame it on weather. We will never fly this airline again, multiple reviews will be written, every friend, family member, anyone we come in contact with about flying, will be told not to fly this airline.

Original review: March 14, 2018

The plane took off and landed, that was about the only pleasant part of my trip. We paid extra money to sit at the exit row, only to find out it was not an exit row but instead a bulkhead with no more legroom than any other seat, not worth the money! You could not hear any announcements on the PA from the crew, so never knew if they were asking you to sit down or buckle up, it’s not that the system didn’t work (the pilot’s announcements could be heard) the crew just didn’t seem to care about their job. They walked the aisle with armfuls of water to hand out twice on a 5-hour flight. They had a cart that would have served quicker to more customers but only used the cart when a pilot need the bathroom (to block access to the front of my the plane). I’m assuming they didn’t want to use a cart to avoid customers asking for more than a bottle of water.

The flight crew sat and texted on their cell phones for 80% of the flight, and seemed very disinterested in their jobs. The airplane was used and abused. If your TV worked, all it took was a slight bump of the leg into your chair for channels and volume to start jumping around. If you like the direction the US Airline industry has been going since the early 2000s you will love this airline. However, if you expect something like service, quality, a comfortable trip, and safety I would look to a carrier that takes themselves seriously.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I was told once the boards changed, they would assign my daughter's seat and mine. Then they said I had to wait until the plane starts to board. However the gate next to me assigned a gentleman's seat whose flight was taking off after mine. Very condescending attendants at the gate.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

My first booking experience with Jetblue was in late 2016 for a flight to SLC, Utah in February 2017. My first flight I actually took was booked in Dec. 2016 and flew end of January 2017 to and from Las Vegas. Booking was easy. The first flight experience I had was excellent. The 2nd was also excellent. I was happy to see clean planes, happy staff, and relatively more room than other airlines. I also loved the free wifi, to keep my busy during flight making the flight time seem less cumbersome.

Sure John Wayne airport is closer to where I live, but I would rather fly out of Long Beach with Jetblue over Southwest out of John Wayne (SNA) anytime. I hope Jetblue gets to fly out of SNA one day, but until then I am happy to drive to Long Beach from South Orange County, CA. Jetblue also gives you your own mini water bottle unlike other airlines and better snacks to choose from. Later in 2017 I booked a flight with Jetblue to Austin, TX, loved that experience as well, and I obtained a flight credit of $50 somehow to apply to that trip. Now in 2018, I have enough miles that my next flight booked to San Francisco was free, except I paid the taxes. Let me just say, I love this airline and the perks it has to offer to its loyal customers!!! I just wish Jetblue would fly out of SNA... maybe one day... but if not, I refuse to fly Southwest always if JetBlue is an option to the same destination.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Non stop flight from West Palm Beach FL to Boston on 2/3/18 - Our flight made an emergency landing in Charleston SC at 11 am because the engine light was on. We disembarked the airplane not knowing what was next. We waited in Charleston until 9 pm that night and they sent an airplane from NY to take us to Boston. It obviously was quite an inconvenience. But... To compensate us, Jetblue gave each of us $300 in our accounts, brought food into the Charleston Airport for us and arranged a ride home from Logan airport to our home with Lyft at their expense. We felt very compensated for the inconvenience. Jetblue and Lyft are a class act.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I booked my wife and baby of 17 months old two seats. They canceled the additional seat without my knowledge and when my wife was boarding they first gave her major attitude and problem with her DOONA which we’ve been flying with for the past year since baby and never have we had an issue. They asked her and told her it’s not allowed because it’s not airplane safe. Meanwhile she showed them the tag stating it’s 100% safe.

Then she went to sit down on her seat and my baby’s seat and they canceled her extra ticket without us knowing and were giving racist comments being that we were Jewish and made her hold the baby in the lap. If you're traveling with a family or young ones do not book JetBlue. They will destroy your trip. Google story with a Jewish family from Orlando. They were pointing guns at little kids. A big lawsuit is coming their way. Sick animals.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I called Jetblue today to check about my flight. I always have problems receiving the confirmation by e-mail, so I didn't have the confirmation number. The customer agent was very rude and insisted that she couldn't find my flight using my name or my TrueBlue number. Then she said, "I can't help you and you'll have to find yourself the information you're looking for." DUH!! She was so stupid and inefficient. She needs to be in an another line of work. I called a second time and was told that JB would be calling me back in 10 minutes, which they did but then I was kept on hold for few minutes and then I got disconnected. I called a third time and I was then informed that somebody would call me back in 15 minutes. This time, the agent was very courteous and was able to help me.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I wasn't made aware of their rewards program but my only complaint about Jetblue is that I can't fly them everywhere. My whole family back east loves them as a matter of fact & would fly them more often if they had service and out of Hartford, CT.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I traveled recently (Nov 2017) on Jetblue Airways with my husband, two young children and I am also pregnant with our third child. After arriving at JFK, a Jetblue attendant handed us our gate checked Uppababy Vista stroller in multiple broken pieces, completely destroyed and unusable. While I was upset because now we didn’t have a working stroller to use for our children I went right to the baggage claim department and filed a claim with Jetblue. It was clear the stroller was ruined and broken so the representative took pictures and opened my claim. She said, "Don’t worry Jetblue will compensate you for this. Just call the number and it will be resolved." Except it wasn’t that simple. Jetblue ignored my many attempts to get a status of my claim until finally I spoke to a supervisor in the baggage claim department that said I will need to have an original proof of purchase for the stroller in order to receive any compensation.

Since my stroller was bought as a gift and my brother didn’t have the original proof of purchase. Jetblue basically told me there isn’t anything they can do. In an effort to get a proof of purchase I spent half the day at the baby store where the stroller was purchased trying to get a copy of the registry or receipt of purchase for this same make and model stroller that was destroyed on my flight with Jetblue. I was able to get a receipt showing the same make and model stroller from the baby store (since this model is discontinued, the price was a depreciated value which is understandable.) To show good faith, I submitted the receipt with a lesser value of the stroller and was willing to even take half of that amount to replace this stroller with a new one, which would cost over $900 if bought today. After nearly three months of battling over this claim I would have been satisfied with any fair compensation at this point.

When I called to get the status of my claim I was told that since the receipt wasn’t the original they could not give me any resolution. That is when I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and started looking into the Jetblue baggage policies and legal department. It was clear that this is a bigger problem especially if other families traveling has had similar experiences. It should be very clear, if an airline destroys or loses your baggage they should be responsible to replace it or come to a reasonable resolution. Not expect the traveler to have original receipts or proofs of purchase for every single item they travel with that is just unreasonable. Also, being that this was a stroller that is a piece of equipment that is needed the claim should not take several months to complete.

I would like to see if there are any class action lawsuits pending that are similar to my situation with this airline. There seems to be a huge discrepancy between the advertised baggage policies stated on the legal page of the Jetblue website and what is actually implemented when someone files a baggage claim. “D. Destruction, Loss, or Delay of Baggage: The Carrier is liable for damages sustained in the case of destruction or loss of, damage to, or delay of checked and unchecked Baggage, as provided in the following paragraphs:” (https://www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue_coc.pdf) Nowhere in this Contract of Carriage (COC) dated 2017 does it state an original receipt is needed to replace baggage that was damaged by the carrier.

Besides being overwhelmingly upset with the outcome of my baggage claim and months of dealing with the worst customer service from Jetblue, I hope my experience can help another family in the same or similar situation. I would never recommend Jetblue Airways to anyone especially someone traveling with children. They are not a family friendly airline at all.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Over a weekend flight I was delayed 3+ hours in both directions because they didn't have pilots (weather and timed out). This cost me two lost 1/2 days of work, a family reception and a hotel room. I only received compensation for one flight after calling twice. It is not worth it if they can't compensate. Despite all the perks of a small airline they can't help much when crew shortage. Use JetBlue at your own risk. If you need to actually get somewhere use Delta.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Despite Jetblue has a Customer Bill of Rights the company doesn't honor its own policies. I have flown in several airlines and in the counted inconveniences that I've had the airline has always step up and offered me accommodations or any other form of reward for their faulty operation or change in plans. This is my first inconvenient with JetBlue and despite the "enormous" time in advance that I used to purchase these tickets the best answer I get from your company is "you have the option of canceling your reservation for a refund" which I find very unprofessional after making a schedule change of over 4 hours on each flight and in fact the return flight moved a day back.

In November 2017 I booked 11 flight tickets for end of March 2018. It was planned to take off late night on Friday so we could all go after work and the Return was on a Saturday midnight flight because we booked a tour and we would come back in the afternoon. Jetblue changed the first flight from 9 pm to 10 am and the return flight from Sunday 12:30 am to Saturday at 2 pm.

The answer is "yes" they can make schedule changes but if they change over 4 hours in a flight they should offer the customer some compensation, accommodation, vouchers or something to make up for the inconvenience and extra expenses incurred. In our case it would represent a day of work on 8 adults and one more night of hotel on Saturday since we cannot even make it to the proposed Saturday flight. Well... They did not want to do anything further to mitigate the damage... Just Terrible experience. So sorry about that because until this experience I thought they were pretty good.

Jetblue expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

• Best for: Business travelers and frequent fliers looking for a flexible rewards program and unique services.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong

Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information