2.70/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Your airline may owe you up to
$400
Bad airline experience?
You may qualify for a partial refund
You may think there's nothing you can do about delays and cancellations, but you can seek compensation for these and other bad experiences.
Think there's nothing you can do about delays or canceled flights? We'll help you seek compensation-try it for free!

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

447 Jetblue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have never traveled with JetBlue, but other family members have, so I booked a flight from DTW to BGI (Barbados) well in advance of my March 2018 travel date and was very pleased with myself that I had snagged an excellent fare. Well, too good turned out to be too good to be true. The emails started coming in regarding time changes for the flights I'd booked. I didn't stress too much, because I know these things happen and most of the changes were no more than 30 minutes either way.

Until today. I got on the JetBlue mobile app to log my flights on my calendar and noticed that I had two separate return itineraries listed, one of which was my original booking, and the other was a new one -- for the following day! Was JetBlue going to put me up at a hotel for that extra day? Of course not. Did they even think this might be a problem? Nope. They said my original flight had been cancelled, there were no other flight options for the day I had originally planned to return, so there you go, we're shipping you home the NEXT day, because never mind any obvious problems with that plan. How does this happen? I'm furious. I cancelled my entire booking and my understanding is that I will now have the pleasure of waiting approximately 8 weeks for my refund. How quaint. I've re-booked on American and can tell you that there's not a person with a pulse who will ever persuade me to fly JetBlue.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Firstly JetBlue connection was missed by their delays and crew couldn’t help reschedule me to the next flight since they had other priorities. I had to call their 1800 number. Now the new flight is further delayed without any reason. Really terrible experience, don’t recommend flying JetBlue.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I like flying Jetblue, but am sorry they discontinued the one bag flies free policy. I usually fly American because I live in the DFW area, but Jetblue flies non-stop to Boston and that is where I was going.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I purchased a travel package through Jetblue to Bermuda. I explained I have a medical condition that may prohibit my travel. I was told not to worry because I Could the travel insurance. That was a BIG MISTAKE. The policy that was sold to me and never disclosed that the medical condition needed to be diagnosed with 120 days of travel. My condition was pre-existing 160 days. When I need to cancel I was denied. This was a waste of $1,756. NEVER BOOK TRAVEL THROUGH JETBLUE or ALLIANZ the insurer.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Great prices compared to other airlines, comfortable seats and good leg room. We've been able to book direct non-stop flights for half the cost of competitors and never had an issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am an experienced travel agency owner. All I can say is NEVER book Jetblue Vacations. Price might be less than other options BUT service is horrendous. They cancel their flights often. They miss-connect, often. They will then say your hotel is non-refundable even when they cannot get you to your destination. As much as I used to love flying with them, and I did, they are not reliable, dependable or fair. Jet Blue does not work with other airlines, so you can not even be put on another carrier's flights. Just trust me on this folks.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I purchase 4 tickets for my family on Oct. 1 for them to travel on the 2nd of November. JetBlue had cancelled all flights from Aguadilla PR for the month of October and they told me that by November all will be fine and that they will be able to travel without no problem. Their flight now has been cancelled and they do not give a good explanation of why. First they told me because the weather, then because roads were block, then because the power. They moved their flight now for Nov 18. My grandmother who is 92 and my niece of 4 have to wait even longer to get out of the island. The supervisor was not so nice. She told me that they only way was to get the 18 or get a refund. Now my family have to wait for a whole month to be able to come here and get a relief. Be honest of why you are cancelling flights from Aguadilla PR. I checked and many flights has been landed. It feels you are giving priority to others.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

After the devastating hurricane to Puerto Rico. I immediately book a trip. The purpose of my trip was told to get a generator to my family. Jetblue told me I could not take a generator in a commercial airline flight. But to my surprise I saw on Monday October 10th on WAPA America Lo Se Todo segment. They were interviewing a lady that was just arriving to Puerto Rico in a Jetblue commercial airline with three generators. That's the question I have for Jetblue. Who was that young lady and what gave her so many privileges? I just wanted to take a generator to my family also.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Everybody do free cancellation for Puerto Rico because of Hurricane, Jetblue won't!!! They return you credit because they said you cancelled it!!! And you can never put credit to bank account or credit card, the worst is it expired in a year!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

JetBlue is so disorganized at times it’s annoying. Their mobile site works when it wants to and all the time the traveler is not only at fault, but we suffer as a result. Their attendants especially at Fort Lauderdale airports suck as well. They're extremely rude and lord knows it’s a good thing I'm not a psych patient. Long story short I attempted multiple times to check-in via mobile within 24hrs. Couldn't do it. Then get to the airport an hr before it is due to depart. Couldn’t do it. Why not? Because the kiosk didn't allow me to. Then had to stand in a line for 10mins or so. By 615 they closed the flight? And yet I watched someone at the help desk next to me get checked in and bags get checked for a different JetBlue destination than mine but... Mine was closed. Really? Traveled using JetBlue for over 5 years. I will definitely be looking for another airline as my preference.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

NEVER NEVER use Jet Blue Vacations. They increase the price each time I went to book. I had to call to use a credit (due to hurricane Maria) and each time I went to call the price increased from $144 - $400. This was done on three different day and three different locations. So much time spent, so little trust in the company. I have never seen anything like this!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Well I recently took a trip from September 1-15 and never had any problems until JetBlue on my final flight, they left my suitcase in NYC and shipped it to me four days later. Then when I received it my suitcase was damaged and a lot of major stuff inside was damaged or missing, my 450 dollar camera was ruined, my charger for my laptop ruined, and my clothes were ruined and my memory card with all my pictures from me and my fiance from Philippines was missing and that was the whole reason for the 4000 dollar trip was for pictures for government forms and I contacted JetBlue.

They blamed it on TSA and TSA said they had video that the suitcase was fine when it left them and then JetBlue said that they itemize and take pictures of suitcases when they get them from TSA but for some reason they can't find the records for my suitcase and the woman in claims pretty much told me there's nothing they can do cause they don't know what happened. Well it is your responsibility to take care of your customers stuff plain and simple. So now I have to wait and save up money again to do the same trip again to get pictures all over again because of JetBlue. My advice is do anything you have to not fly with JetBlue cause they're not responsible for their customers or their belongings and won't do anything to replace if there's a problem.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Never book any Jetblue flight again. I have never been so disappointed and angry with a fly company. Jetblue is just super bad and terrible. They blame you on their own faults and pay no respects at all. My flight was missed because the agent who was helping me not let me go to the gate but instead calling my reservation company. Then I want them to provide a solution. Instead of giving me options, they forced me to take a offer I did not agree on. Plus, a security guy is appointed to look after me so I cannot walk to the counter again. Excuse me? What is this? I never hear anything like this before. Is it because I am Chinese? Is it because I cannot speak proper English? Super disappointed. Never book any Jetblue again. And why this have to be at least one star? Should be negative.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

My husband booked flights from this airline to the Dominican Republic for a guy's trip. And due to the hurricane in the area Delta canceled the flights for the other guys, but JetBlue is not canceling or offering anything to him without penalties to him, even though he paid extra for "Travel Insurance". I will never use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

They have excellent customer service, great coffee and snacks. I have frequently flown on American Airlines. But I would highly recommend flying with Jetblue.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Jetblue made me very comfortable by treating its passengers like people and not corporate. I don't fly often, but when I do, I will make plans to take only Jetblue.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

66 yrs disabled. I use rollator walker. Walker + 2 carry on bags were put on my lap + I was in pain. I complained, asked for supervisor, ignored and waited until on plane. If I wanted supervisor I had to deplane! I will never use Jetblue!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I would highly recommend JetBlue. In my experience, they have good customer service, and are very helpful. The planes are very clean and comfortable with ample legroom. For my money, they makes the process of flying (which has become an ordeal) bearable. I always try and book JetBlue when I fly.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I have always had a good experience with Jetblue. The customer service is always polite and courteous. The plane is clean and the plane crew always welcome you on board with a smile.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I absolutely love JetBlue airlines. It's comfortable seating and in seat entertainment is EXCELLENT. JetBlue has wonderful caring customer service too. Every time I have flown with JetBlue I have been met with personal, friendly, reliable service.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

This morning received email from Jetblue to upgrade my seat, more leg room. I ignored it, as did my son, daughter-in-law and my 4 yr old grandson. Next email from Jetblue hours later was "Your Flight Has Been CANCELED." Tickets were purchased months ago for our dream vacation to Disney World. Even though Irma has been tracking through Fl, weather forecast for Orlando airport, Orlando, and Disney for our arrival and 6 days there, and departure has been no more than typical "possible thundershowers," normal for Florida. All Jetblue representative could tell us was Flight Cancelled. No flights available till Sunday 9/17/2017. Hurricane Irma will be in TN, and just rain on Wednesday 9/13/2017. Now we must cancel our Disney Package, hopefully without penalties, and rebook next for next year. Bet Jetblue flights are flying in and out of Orlando Wednesday 9/13 our scheduled- but canceled vacation day. Shame on Jetblue.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Outbound was terrific to LAX from Buffalo. The return from LAX to Buffalo was not so great as the customer service representatives were rude, disrespectful and disorganized.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I am a seasoned traveler, racking up enough miles to fly anywhere. Some of the other airlines I have flown pale none to JetBlue. Their customer service is outstanding, which has become a lost art. If a flight is cancelled, they will do everything in their power to get you to your destination asap! Special requests? No problem, they'll fly through a hula-hoop to make it happen. Most importantly, their Captains and crew are by far the best in commercial travel. Always on time, up in the air quickly, and dodging bad weather ahead of time is their specialty. I have flown most all over the world, so I speak from experience.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

In order to get a more or less fair price you must check way in advance and various occasions. Never had a problem with the flight or cancellation. You have one year to use any cancellation, which is fair.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I love Jetblue and the sales they have on flights. The only issues are sometimes there are enough flights or they don't cover the destination cities I want. But they have wonderful customer service and a great luggage policy.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

After arriving at the airport in Phoenix, AZ approximately a hour and a half from our home, we were told that the flight was cancel and no other flight to Boston, Mass is scheduled except going with another carrier. This was for our granddaughter who is 14 years old and needed someone help her to get from one gate to another in Boston to continue to Newark, NJ. We were told about a $75 that was what we were granted for this inconvenience and $75 was for only Jet Blue things. We could not use it at all. We went with another airline, we are happy with that flight... AND OUT THAT $75...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I enjoyed my flight on Jetblue compare to some but flights are very boring these days, not enough incentives on these flights. Gas is so cheap, yet you have to pay for baggages, plus fares are so expensive. Dont enjoy flying anymore.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Flew ABQ to JFK last Sat. night. Only 1 outbound flight per day direct to N.Y. metro area leaving at 11:59 pm. Flight delayed 3 1/2 hrs mostly due to waiting for a part. Felt like a zombie hanging around airport for 5 hours at that late hour. This flight was also super expensive costing $500 RT. But on the positive side JetBlue has the most leg room and comfortable seats in the industry.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I always try to fly Jetblue, as they really go out of the way to occupy you on your trip, and most often have the best rates. It was an up-and-coming airline years ago, has joined the big time, and other airlines have tried to mimic their services to equal the value that one gets naturally with Jetblue.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Jetblue has been my go-to airline for several years. I have not had many disappointments regarding their on-time rate, rarely delayed on a flight. The seats are comfortable, flight attendants have been truly professional, and the entire experience has always been more hassle-free than on other airlines I've been on.

Jetblue expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

• Best for: Business travelers and frequent fliers looking for a flexible rewards program and unique services.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong

Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information