3.64/5

Jetblue Reviews

555 Jetblue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

I love the service. A very tall male flight attendant took a lot of time teaching me how to use the computerized TV and making my seat more comfortable, all the while squatting down to my level to be heard. He also admired my hat when I boarded and politely ask if he could stow it up front so as not to get it crushed in flight. At end of flight he was waiting with a smile, hat in hand and gently placed it on my head. Also, their bathrooms are always very clean.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The skyscapes and ticket agents are very knowledgeable. The assistance to check keep the passenger alert, saving the anxiety of missing the flights. I enjoy the effort of the airline to store food on the plane to keep the children quiet and calm anytime on the airplane, to help for delays with landing.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Overall, this is my favorite airline. I prefer this line to others because it is usually clean, the flight attendants are helpful and courteous and flights are seldom booked complete. Our last trip involved severe weather in Boston, causing a 5 hour delay. While I was not happy about that, when it was time to board, my mom and I were boarded 1st since she was in a wheelchair.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I am not sure why so many people are writing negative reviews, although several are their own fault for not paying attention to rules like needing to check bags at least 60 minutes prior to an international flight, this is not a Jetblue rule, but FAA regulations and sometime up to the airport as well. If they say you need to check your carry on, there is a reason for it, perhaps your bag is too large for the space remaining, perhaps it is too close to take off time. Remember the flight attendants are there to make sure everyone stays safe and to try to make sure the flight leaves on time. Overall, I have never had a rude employees and in fact they usually bend over backwards to help you.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Overall Jetblue is the best domestically. They have good flights and in general it is an easy process, they are also super efficient with regard to impending storms, cancelled flights and rerouting and refunding. Most of the time the agents are polite and friendly, however they need a little more attention to their staff in NY and Miami. I think the seating is smart and works. I also think the food is smart, but wish they offered food that didn’t smell. Sometimes it can be overwhelming to smell salami, garlic and other things in a confined space. They should make sure to update their planes too and continue to offer the service that a lot of the other airlines don’t. I also think it would great if they introduced family flights during high family travel times to Florida. Jetblue has always been the front runner on different domestic plane service and was better than Virgin America. A little more innovation in these trying times for business travelers would be welcome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had travel with Jet for many years mainly cause it was one of the few airline that travel to the Dominican Republic. The service was always mediocre but I manage. This past May 15 my flight 1010 leaving SDQ was the worse. My flight was schedule for 510am, was reschedule to 830am and then reschedule again for 2pm. The supervisor would not give a explanation and there were no announcements. I paid almost 1000$ for this flight. After explaining to the supervisor that I was to be at work that day he agree to flight me to EWR where I had to paid 100 extra for a cab. After everything was done I try to reach out to JetBlue csc and was given the cold shoulder. My advise find a better airline if traveling to the DR.

Original review: May 10, 2019

As a frequent traveler I get to experience and compare different airlines. My fiancé bought a bundle vacation package and we ended up flying with JetBlue. I was very excited since they recently ranked #1 but... oh Lord. I was so wrong. The flight attendants were rude, cut and dry, no smiles, NOTHING. They looked so miserable, almost like they hate their job. I usually see other airlines greeting their customers when boarding or thanking them when exiting the plane...NONE! Gathered in a corner chatting ignoring the customers. Never heard from the pilots either. Name, flight updates, weather conditions, etc. What about the security emergency explanation? We heard the instructions but no one did the actual showing. This was a round trip flight between Ponce, Puerto Rico and Orlando, Florida. Sorry, but I will not be flying with them again. AA has better manners and excellent customer service.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I've always loved JetBlue. They have been my go-to airline for years. Something has changed recently. Lots of delays. Lots of malfunctioning equipment. My most recent flight from Boston to Tampa was allegedly delayed from 3:00 to 3:47. Nbd, we grabbed some food. Went to the gate at 3:45, No plane outside. Girl at the desk said 15-20 min. Ok. Came back, plane was there deplaning previous flight. Boarded at 4:15. THEN HERES THE KICKER. SAT ON THE GROUND IN THE PLANE FOR 45 MORE MINUTES while they "waited for 2 extra pilots to board so they could recover another plane from Tampa." Then none of the TVs worked and the wifi was spotty at best, which sucks when traveling with a 2 year old. Where is the old JetBlue I loved for so long?

Original review: April 27, 2019

If you are looking for paying for a service you will NOT receive, this is the airline for you. We flew into JFK with two children at 6 am (after a 10 hour flight from Honolulu). Our connecting flight to Rochester was supposed to take off at 7:26 am. That flight was cancelled. They automatically put us on another flight at 10:50 pm. WHAT?

How does a 16 hour delay after a 10 hour flight seem like a good solution? Since they automatically put us on the flight that was delayed for 16 hours, when I called to see if there was anything earlier (and there was a 12:50 pm flight), they said that because they automatically booked us on the 10:50 pm flight that we would now have to pay to change it. We then spent a good hour on hold and arguing this just so we could get home with our children 10 hours sooner. They finally waived the charge and switched us to the 12:50 pm. But there was still no crew.

One JetBlue worker shared that the company pays their workers less than the other airlines and because of this, has trouble keeping employees...including pilots. Apparently this is commonplace in JFK. Our flight was delayed again until 3:15 pm putting us over the 24 hours we have been traveling with children. Have you traveled with kids? Pure torture. Maybe a peace offering of a meal voucher would have been nice. I inquired about that, I was told the company does not give those out. I am completely disappointed that our trip ended this way. I will be sure to share with EVERYONE, our experience. I mean I have had the time sitting all day today at the airport...

Original review: April 26, 2019

I flew JetBlue and they had a mechanical issue which caused me to miss my connecting flight to my final destination. I had to wait for hours for anyone at customer service in the airport to even speak with me to resolve the issue. And then they told me they couldn't get me to my destination for another 5 days because that's when their next flight was going there! They had already sent my luggage to the connecting airport where I had missed the flight. Long story short, I had to buy a very expensive flight on AA in order to get to my destination the next day. However, JetBlue never sent my luggage to my final destination.

Although I followed the procedures JetBlue gave to me to have my luggage transferred from them to AA, JetBlue never transferred my luggage and never sent it to my final destination. I made the request twice during my week long vacation and JetBlue kept possession of my luggage the entire time. I had to ask to have it delivered to my home a week later when I returned from my trip. When I tried to file a claim with JetBlue, they told me that since I was FORCED to purchase another flight on another airline, the other airline is responsible for me not having my luggage and having to purchase clothes, toiletries, etc. This was absurd considering that AA never had possession of my luggage and it was in JetBlue's possession the entire time!

And then the Jet Blue baggage rep that I spoke with tried to chastise me for waiting 2 weeks to file an official claim!! They have some nerve! I will never fly them except to use this sorry credit that I have to use with them...since they don't issue flight refunds, which is also absurd! I'm telling everyone I know...never fly JetBlue!

Original review: April 22, 2019

I'll admit that I did not dig down and read the fine print, never had to. Bought a refundable ticket, not so fast. No money back, you get a credit. What if I never want to fly Jetblue again? Ridiculous.

Original review: April 20, 2019

90% of my fights with this crappy airline are delayed, not only leaving Boston but on my return flight from Fort Lauderdale as well. I travel every two weeks round trip Boston/Fort Lauderdale on business and finally I’ve had it. Almost every time there’s a delay and normally they’re not 30 or 40 minutes no, it’s 1:30 to 2 hours delays. Upon checking online I finally came to my conclusion about this airline, on Money magazine there’s an article where they are placed last and it comes to delays and cancellations, worse than Spirit, unbelievable but true. Stick with Delta, yes they have delays as I have experienced, but they were due to snow storms, never anything else.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have flown JetBlue for years and never had an issue like this before. My flight going to San Juan, Puerto Rico and coming from San Juan, Puerto Rico were delayed for over 10+ hours. Resulting in missed connecting flights, expensive rental cars, and hotels that we did not want to stay at. I was lied to by the customer service representatives stating that our flight would leave within the hour, within four hours and then finally ten hours from when our flight was supposed to take off. We ended up paying for an AirBnB that we could not get the money back for, had to take off an extra day off work and their solution was to just hang up on me. Nothing was resolved and they seem to not care if we are upset or not. My trip was great just this airline is the worst.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I used to love my JetBlue plus credit card when it was American Express! Bad move on the airlines because Barclay/Mastercard is horrible with incompetent customer service representatives. Last year, it took forever for them to send me my statements during the switch over and couldn't quite figure out to email me PDF's until I had to explain to them how to make it work. Then, just now, I was on the phone for 1.5 hours trying to get my status approved for spending over 50k on their card. My annual summary states I have, but apparently that doesn't take out refunds and turns out that I was $68 short. So lovely to be given that news 1.5 hours in, when it seems like that news could've been broken in 10 minutes or less.

The first Barclay/Mastercard woman confirmed I did spend over 50k, yet wasn't on the line long enough with JetBlue airlines to send over the confirmation and the second woman at Mastercard took way too long for me to even explain what I needed, but finally ended up saying my annual summary is wrong and I'm just a little short?! If I am paying an annual fee and spending so much on your card, I would expect competent people trained on the rules/perks of the card and know how to find that within minutes in my account. I am considering canceling. American Express NEVER had this type of customer service.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We had three issues with Jetblue all in one flight. First, we did not get to select our seats. We booked two seats & when we checked in, they were not next to each other. At this point we were offered a chance to upgrade our seats to the extra space seats. We did upgrade so that we could have adjoining seats. Secondly, upon getting on our 4.5 hour red-eye flight from Vegas to Fort Lauderdale, our row was the only row of seats on the flight whose TV’s were not working. Not only were they not working, but they were flickering & strobing the entire flight.

We asked the flight attendants if we could turn the brightness down or turn them off, so that we did not have a bright light flashing in our eyes all night, but they said they couldn’t do anything except offer a $15 voucher for each improperly working TV for use on a future flight. The attendants then stated we should use the provided eye mask to block out the TV, which is great if you’re tired, but I wasn’t. I just wanted to sit in my dark seat.

Lastly when we got home, we called customer service & spoke with a manager who insisted that since we received extra legroom on the flight, we could not receive our money back for the upgrade even though we were subjected to a blindingly flickering light all night. I told her I had video of the occurrence & she did not want to see it, had no interest in listening to my case or trying to accommodate me in any other way, except for the already offered voucher. I declined the voucher & asked for her boss’ information which she refused to give me & instead put the vouchers through on our account even though I clearly declined, so as to show that the problem was resolved. It goes without saying, that I will not be looking to book another Jetblue flight or use their voucher anytime soon.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Very unprofessional, disorganized, no id check, never experienced anything like it. Flight #1837 to DTW from Boston. Short staffed, terrible customer service. Not to mention two flight delays and a missed connection due to delays and not even an apology. Flight attendant couldn’t even control the boarding from zone to zone, people were boarding as they pleased, no order, made me feel unsafe.

Original review: April 8, 2019

So disgusted with JetBlue, flight #283 that was leaving from JFK @ 5:41pm on 4/5/19, how dare you kick a young mother with two small children (7 months and 3 years old) off of a plane because she was unlucky enough to sit next to a racist-that didn’t want to sit next to her because she’s Hispanic and had small children with her... My daughter didn’t deserve that. It breaks my heart to have MY grandchildren witness racism at such an early age. Disgusted. They paid for their seats-they weren’t flying for free.

And how did jetblue handle the situation? They decided the best thing was to kick my daughter and grandchildren off of the plane and not allow her to get her carry on luggage, telling her to leave her carryon because she had so many things to carry on top of the stroller and carseat. That was way too much for her to pull alone. When they decided to give her the stroller it was soaking wet as if it were sitting outside on such a wet day. But her carry on luggage and checked in bags were still on the plane that landed without them on it.

But wait it gets better...they book her on another flight leaving from La Guardia Airport but don’t provide any transportation on a later flight, with her two small children a wet stroller and my poor granddaughter who had an “accident” because she was so scared...no compassion for humanity. The flight attendant who's name is Selena, also a woman was so detached and inhumane towards my daughter. She didn't have any compassion for a young mother traveling with small children, what happened to women empowering each other and love thy neighbor? Thank you to the lady (a total stranger) that stood up and spoke up for my daughter. God bless you. She was also thrown off the plane for her kindness.

Thank you also to the Corporate Security that was called on board to diffuse the situation, Gil, who stated, “that he always defends his team but in this instance he can’t because what they did to you (my daughter) is a travesty.” It comforts me to know that you both were there for my family when I couldn’t be...so upset and disgusted. I called JetBlue as her concerned mother to report it-and the representative on the phone had me on hold for what felt like forever only to come back on the line to say, “I spoke to my supervisor and since we weren’t in-flight and didn’t witness it, we can’t do anything, she needs to file a complaint, so sorry for the inconvenience”. To which I said, “So you’re basically telling me, sorry for what you went through there’s nothing we can do, so sorry? “She replied yes that’s what I’m saying.

This is what’s wrong with the world today-people are cruel stepping on others to get ahead-discriminating against minorities yet WE the minority’s are the MAJORITY. They didn't arrive to their destination until 3am Saturday, 4/6/19. Horrible what they did to her, JETBLUE where’s the humanity and compassion for your PAYING customers-we are PEOPLE! How dare you.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Flight 825 a hour flight leaving on a Saturday was supposed to leave @ 9:03a, it left at 10:50a. They booked a full flight, and made everyone sit in the plane smelling the bathroom stench while they performed maintenance on the 'air conditioning' for two hours. They kept walking on and off the plane with no explanation until after two hours.

The off-boarded people who missed their connecting flight and then on-boarded them. When you call JetBlue, the first person said no, the plane took off at 10:43 and since it wasn't a full two hour delay, it doesn't qualify for a refund. Then a manager came on and said no, no it has to be three hours in order for it to qualify for compensation. How convenient for JetBlue! IT TOOK THREE HOURS TO GET TO A DESTINATION THAT TAKES ONE! They should have compensated everyone on that plane for their TIME WASTED!

Original review: March 28, 2019

We arrived for our flight @5:38 am. The flight was scheduled to leave at 5:50 am and the door was open. Eron was rude and unprofessional and told us we were too late. It was my family of 5 and 13 other people. We advised it was one TSA worker in which she stated, "That's not my problem." She stated she could not get us to our destination which is Montego Bay until Saturday. We had to call customer service for help. The inconvenience has caused us to miss a day of vacation, lose money on hotel and pay for and additional hotel in NY where we have to fly to get to Jamaica tomorrow. Eron could be heard saying It to her peers, "I could have let them on but they was taking too long" as my elderly mother was walking to the gate.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Please do not use Jetblue. Long story short I was traveling alone, my bags was 8 lbs over. I asked if I could pay the overage. I was told no, I could miss my flight and book with another or book my bags with a cargo company, but they had to watch the weight on the plane. I explained that I have no other bag to move the 8 lbs, they didn't care. Somehow I found a bag to move some weight around. I told them what does it matter if I move the weight and pay for the 2nd bag if the same weight is going on the plane. JETBLUE just do not care. They just wanted my money the way they wanted it. I was willing to pay for the overweight not be told pay for a whole other bag.

Original review: March 20, 2019

NEVER EVER fly JetBlue. Our family had to fly with them three times and all three times there was at least a 10 hour delay in which the airline refused accommodations even though they knew we were traveling with a special needs child and a 3 year old. Their customer service was extremely arrogant and rude.

Original review: March 19, 2019

The deplaning process could be better instead of a cattle rush. Carry on luggage should be 1 per person. There is never room in the bins if you get on the plane. Last carry on should be stored above your seat instead of wherever you seem fit to put it. People in the back of the plane have theirs all the way in the front.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Super disorganized, never called our name. We were late due to their disorganization but still would have not missed flight had they called our name. Missed flight. They used to be good but last couple of flights were not good.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I rate their service with a 5. I like the fact that I can purchase a check bag inclusive in my ticket, the only downside is ticket prices. They are increasingly higher, kinda like the gas prices during tourists season.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I fly Jetblue all the time between Boston and Tampa during the winter when delays most prevalent and I have never had any issues. I have always found they have lots of legroom. I would highly recommend.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I fly Jetblue for most of my travel. They are courteous and have a fabulous frequent flyer program with solid benefits. There's more leg room and the attendants are most helpful and friendly.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I love the experience with them. They are great!! They are very friendly and always there to take care of you. You get to watch TV for free and a great plane ride. They have never been rude and always pleasant.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Excellent airline. Never had a problem with them. But I would like to see them expand in the near future. If possible I would like to see them depart to more destinations and have more flights.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Thirty years of flying... Never had a serious problem or complaint with Jetblue. Some weather related delays but that’s expected in winter. Staff always helpful to this 89 year old senior. Like their rewards program.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Have used JetBlue for last 17 years. Prices and rewards are good. Flights have had a great on time record and planes are comfortable and clean. Staff has been professional and helpful. Services including TV and snacks add to pleasant flights.

Jetblue expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

• Best for: Business travelers and frequent fliers looking for a flexible rewards program and unique services.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information