2.46/5
Based on 90 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Jetblue

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 11, 2018

460 Jetblue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I booked my wife and baby of 17 months old two seats. They canceled the additional seat without my knowledge and when my wife was boarding they first gave her major attitude and problem with her DOONA which we’ve been flying with for the past year since baby and never have we had an issue. They asked her and told her it’s not allowed because it’s not airplane safe. Meanwhile she showed them the tag stating it’s 100% safe.

Then she went to sit down on her seat and my baby’s seat and they canceled her extra ticket without us knowing and were giving racist comments being that we were Jewish and made her hold the baby in the lap. If you're traveling with a family or young ones do not book JetBlue. They will destroy your trip. Google story with a Jewish family from Orlando. They were pointing guns at little kids. A big lawsuit is coming their way. Sick animals.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I called Jetblue today to check about my flight. I always have problems receiving the confirmation by e-mail, so I didn't have the confirmation number. The customer agent was very rude and insisted that she couldn't find my flight using my name or my TrueBlue number. Then she said, "I can't help you and you'll have to find yourself the information you're looking for." DUH!! She was so stupid and inefficient. She needs to be in an another line of work. I called a second time and was told that JB would be calling me back in 10 minutes, which they did but then I was kept on hold for few minutes and then I got disconnected. I called a third time and I was then informed that somebody would call me back in 15 minutes. This time, the agent was very courteous and was able to help me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I wasn't made aware of their rewards program but my only complaint about Jetblue is that I can't fly them everywhere. My whole family back east loves them as a matter of fact & would fly them more often if they had service and out of Hartford, CT.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I traveled recently (Nov 2017) on Jetblue Airways with my husband, two young children and I am also pregnant with our third child. After arriving at JFK, a Jetblue attendant handed us our gate checked Uppababy Vista stroller in multiple broken pieces, completely destroyed and unusable. While I was upset because now we didn’t have a working stroller to use for our children I went right to the baggage claim department and filed a claim with Jetblue. It was clear the stroller was ruined and broken so the representative took pictures and opened my claim. She said, "Don’t worry Jetblue will compensate you for this. Just call the number and it will be resolved." Except it wasn’t that simple. Jetblue ignored my many attempts to get a status of my claim until finally I spoke to a supervisor in the baggage claim department that said I will need to have an original proof of purchase for the stroller in order to receive any compensation.

Since my stroller was bought as a gift and my brother didn’t have the original proof of purchase. Jetblue basically told me there isn’t anything they can do. In an effort to get a proof of purchase I spent half the day at the baby store where the stroller was purchased trying to get a copy of the registry or receipt of purchase for this same make and model stroller that was destroyed on my flight with Jetblue. I was able to get a receipt showing the same make and model stroller from the baby store (since this model is discontinued, the price was a depreciated value which is understandable.) To show good faith, I submitted the receipt with a lesser value of the stroller and was willing to even take half of that amount to replace this stroller with a new one, which would cost over $900 if bought today. After nearly three months of battling over this claim I would have been satisfied with any fair compensation at this point.

When I called to get the status of my claim I was told that since the receipt wasn’t the original they could not give me any resolution. That is when I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and started looking into the Jetblue baggage policies and legal department. It was clear that this is a bigger problem especially if other families traveling has had similar experiences. It should be very clear, if an airline destroys or loses your baggage they should be responsible to replace it or come to a reasonable resolution. Not expect the traveler to have original receipts or proofs of purchase for every single item they travel with that is just unreasonable. Also, being that this was a stroller that is a piece of equipment that is needed the claim should not take several months to complete.

I would like to see if there are any class action lawsuits pending that are similar to my situation with this airline. There seems to be a huge discrepancy between the advertised baggage policies stated on the legal page of the Jetblue website and what is actually implemented when someone files a baggage claim. “D. Destruction, Loss, or Delay of Baggage: The Carrier is liable for damages sustained in the case of destruction or loss of, damage to, or delay of checked and unchecked Baggage, as provided in the following paragraphs:” (https://www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue_coc.pdf) Nowhere in this Contract of Carriage (COC) dated 2017 does it state an original receipt is needed to replace baggage that was damaged by the carrier.

Besides being overwhelmingly upset with the outcome of my baggage claim and months of dealing with the worst customer service from Jetblue, I hope my experience can help another family in the same or similar situation. I would never recommend Jetblue Airways to anyone especially someone traveling with children. They are not a family friendly airline at all.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Over a weekend flight I was delayed 3+ hours in both directions because they didn't have pilots (weather and timed out). This cost me two lost 1/2 days of work, a family reception and a hotel room. I only received compensation for one flight after calling twice. It is not worth it if they can't compensate. Despite all the perks of a small airline they can't help much when crew shortage. Use JetBlue at your own risk. If you need to actually get somewhere use Delta.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Despite Jetblue has a Customer Bill of Rights the company doesn't honor its own policies. I have flown in several airlines and in the counted inconveniences that I've had the airline has always step up and offered me accommodations or any other form of reward for their faulty operation or change in plans. This is my first inconvenient with JetBlue and despite the "enormous" time in advance that I used to purchase these tickets the best answer I get from your company is "you have the option of canceling your reservation for a refund" which I find very unprofessional after making a schedule change of over 4 hours on each flight and in fact the return flight moved a day back.

In November 2017 I booked 11 flight tickets for end of March 2018. It was planned to take off late night on Friday so we could all go after work and the Return was on a Saturday midnight flight because we booked a tour and we would come back in the afternoon. Jetblue changed the first flight from 9 pm to 10 am and the return flight from Sunday 12:30 am to Saturday at 2 pm.

The answer is "yes" they can make schedule changes but if they change over 4 hours in a flight they should offer the customer some compensation, accommodation, vouchers or something to make up for the inconvenience and extra expenses incurred. In our case it would represent a day of work on 8 adults and one more night of hotel on Saturday since we cannot even make it to the proposed Saturday flight. Well... They did not want to do anything further to mitigate the damage... Just Terrible experience. So sorry about that because until this experience I thought they were pretty good.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I experienced delays in most of my flights to and from the Dominican Republic from San Francisco. There were delays going to the DR as well as traveling back. It was worse traveling back because the flight from the DR was delayed for over an hour. The only flight that was in time was the one that was connecting to SF that I missed because of the initial delay. I guess the concept of port of entry is foreign to the employees because she asked me what happened. I had to explain to her the process of immigration and customs. Checking and rechecking the bag.

The gate had just closed, they wouldn't let me on. They should've known I was there because I was coming off a flight they delayed. Anyway, I was booked onto another flight to JFK then SF, with an upgraded seat for my inconvenience. Only to find that the plane was on the tarmac with no power!!! So we had to wait another hour or so before we were all rebooked to other flights. I was downgraded to a regular seat, because I didn't pay for the previous seat with my inconvenience. I arrived in SF at 10 pm instead of 2 pm. And yeah... they offer you nothing!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I’m traveling with my family of five. We’ve been TrueBlue members for 15+ years. All of my children are TrueBlue members as well. We arrived at the airport. Due to inclement weather And traffic we arrived a couple of minutes late for our check in process. We got to the counter at 5:22 AM with our luggage and was told that we couldn’t check our luggage because it wasn’t 40 minutes before the flight was scheduled to take off. We brought it to the attendant checking us in. His name is Paul **. He was extremely rude and told me that we’re two minutes past the check in time and would not be able to check our luggage. I asked him if he could make any exceptions where I was traveling with my family and it’s after the holidays where the flights are extremely scarce and my daughter was returning back to college in Boston.

He then walked away with a smug look on his face and conferred with Vernon who apparently is the lead agent on the JetBlue desk in West Palm Beach at 5:22 AM in the morning on Jan 2. He came over and said, "We don’t care if you were TrueBlue member. There is no exceptions for you to get your luggage on the flight."

Now I will mind you they were five people standing at the desk and doing absolutely nothing but waiting for people to arrive. I can’t believe the total disrespect and customer service level that JetBlue provides now to their so-called TrueBlue members. How does the company like JetBlue have someone like Vernon Represent their customer service!!! This is a disgrace to treat your supposedly TrueBlue members for over 15 years in this manner. Can you only imagine if you’re not a TrueBlue member? Vernon Is the lead TrueBlue customer service agent at desk and was one of the rudest individuals I’ve ever come in contact with in the airline business. I have flown extensively around the world from Singapore to Tokyo to Beijing to Shanghai and I never encountered anyone so rude, curt, and arrogant.

I would advise you to think very carefully before you purchase your tickets or book any flight with JetBlue as to they absolutely don’t care about a family traveling with small children trying to bring their daughter back to college. I have all intentions on surrendering all five of my TrueBlue memberships with my letter to the chief executive officer of JetBlue. I refuse and will never be treated like this ever again and I will never fly JetBlue and I would tell you to ponder and think very carefully before you purchase any tickets from this airline. If this is how they treat their TrueBlue members can you imagine how they will treat you.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

This is the 3rd time in a month of major delays in their service from Florida to New York. Same supposed problem with fuel parts malfunctioning. Toilets not working. How can they claim their on time service when I have experienced the complete opposite!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I have never been treated so badly or have been confronted with such an offensive check in team and crew as on my recent JetBlue flight. I was shocked that upon check in the crew were abusive to myself and my mother. My father had recently died in a tragic car crash and I had to fly to California for the funeral. On the flight out I informed the airline of the death and that I was flying with an ESA Service Animal. I also provided the death certificate. The flight from New York City to California wasn’t an issue, although on the flight back from California I was harassed from the minute I checked in. The check in team (who appeared to be in a very bad mood) refused to honor my Service Animal ESA documentation insisting despite the animals paperwork that he was a pet - and that I had to pay extra fees (which is against the law).

Although the airline accepted his documents on the flight over they refused to accept them on the return flight and kept insisting despite the circumstances of my emergency trip for my fathers death, as well as other documentation provided, that they would not honor his paperwork. In the end I paid the fees and was told I could try to get a refund after I arrived, which obviously is a huge hassle, and no one under the circumstances should be put through that.

After check in, while going through security I was literally mowed down by a woman in a wheelchair. I was trying to put my shoes on and she and her handler literally hit me with the chair and I almost fell over then they started yelling at me to get out of the way. The security people became rude and aggressive, as if I was causing the problem, although I was only trying to get my things and move on. When I went to the gate I was harassed by the crew on several occasions while trying the board the flight. I was sitting quietly trying to relax before the flight and they came over and started threatening me that they may not let me fly due to the situation at check in with my animal and incident at security.

When I boarded the flight one of the crew members on the plane near my seat (Jake) was extremely loud and obnoxious shouting and loudly asking passengers to “follow him on Instagram”. I politely asked him to please be more quiet as my father recently died and being a very late (11pm departure) flight I wanted to sleep, he (flight attendant) snapped at me and said, “We are boarding right now and you can just put on your ear plugs on once we take off!”

I was horrified to be spoken to like this by the crew when I am suffering from a recent death in the family. He was completely and utterly rude and obnoxious and continued to shout and speak very loudly talking about personal information in loud tones such as “my personality was just too big for my little town of... “ and “follow me on (social media)..“ etc. I personally found this very inappropriate behavior for a flight attendant who is supposed to be serving passengers and the flight crew not boasting about his social media following and discussing his personal life in extremely loud tones. The attendant then complained to the flight crew that I asked him to be a "more quiet" and they literally threatened to remove me from the flight before takeoff.

In the end I was able to fly but I could not wait to get off that airline and the toxic situation of their negative and abusive crew. This was a horrific experience. I would never fly Jet Blue again and certainty would not recommend it to anyone I know. The team and crew is not professional, and I have never had such an emotionally distressing experience.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Booked JetBlue vacations 8 months ahead of time. Original direct flight to destination was canceled and replaced with a stopover. Getting me there 6 hours later and taking 3 more hours to get there. The second flight was canceled due to weather. Trip was delayed by one day even though hotel and car rental were paid in full. NO REFUND was offered. The car rental was canceled because "pick up later than 12 hours after original reservation causes automatic cancellation of car rental" but no replacement car available. "You are on your own for transportation at destination". Never again. This company has no regard for the consumer. Stay away.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

On a recent flight with Jetblue, I left an IPAD in the seat where magazines are stored. Within 20 minutes I realized my mistake and notified Jetblue via email. It was impossible for me to go back to the gate! I was recently updated about my inquiry saying that they still had not located my item! I am so disappointed that the item could not be located as I notified them immediately with all the information they would need to find the item... Flight number... Seat number...etc. It was not visible to other passengers deplaning so it is highly unlikely that another passenger searched the pocket of the seat! So much for the plane being cleaned and ready for the next flight of passengers! While I know there are more pressing issues in life I am saddened that the IPAD belonging to my five-year-old granddaughter mysteriously disappeared off the plane in a matter of minutes.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have never traveled with JetBlue, but other family members have, so I booked a flight from DTW to BGI (Barbados) well in advance of my March 2018 travel date and was very pleased with myself that I had snagged an excellent fare. Well, too good turned out to be too good to be true. The emails started coming in regarding time changes for the flights I'd booked. I didn't stress too much, because I know these things happen and most of the changes were no more than 30 minutes either way.

Until today. I got on the JetBlue mobile app to log my flights on my calendar and noticed that I had two separate return itineraries listed, one of which was my original booking, and the other was a new one -- for the following day! Was JetBlue going to put me up at a hotel for that extra day? Of course not. Did they even think this might be a problem? Nope. They said my original flight had been cancelled, there were no other flight options for the day I had originally planned to return, so there you go, we're shipping you home the NEXT day, because never mind any obvious problems with that plan. How does this happen? I'm furious. I cancelled my entire booking and my understanding is that I will now have the pleasure of waiting approximately 8 weeks for my refund. How quaint. I've re-booked on American and can tell you that there's not a person with a pulse who will ever persuade me to fly JetBlue.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Firstly JetBlue connection was missed by their delays and crew couldn’t help reschedule me to the next flight since they had other priorities. I had to call their 1800 number. Now the new flight is further delayed without any reason. Really terrible experience, don’t recommend flying JetBlue.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I like flying Jetblue, but am sorry they discontinued the one bag flies free policy. I usually fly American because I live in the DFW area, but Jetblue flies non-stop to Boston and that is where I was going.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I purchased a travel package through Jetblue to Bermuda. I explained I have a medical condition that may prohibit my travel. I was told not to worry because I Could the travel insurance. That was a BIG MISTAKE. The policy that was sold to me and never disclosed that the medical condition needed to be diagnosed with 120 days of travel. My condition was pre-existing 160 days. When I need to cancel I was denied. This was a waste of $1,756. NEVER BOOK TRAVEL THROUGH JETBLUE or ALLIANZ the insurer.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Great prices compared to other airlines, comfortable seats and good leg room. We've been able to book direct non-stop flights for half the cost of competitors and never had an issue.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am an experienced travel agency owner. All I can say is NEVER book Jetblue Vacations. Price might be less than other options BUT service is horrendous. They cancel their flights often. They miss-connect, often. They will then say your hotel is non-refundable even when they cannot get you to your destination. As much as I used to love flying with them, and I did, they are not reliable, dependable or fair. Jet Blue does not work with other airlines, so you can not even be put on another carrier's flights. Just trust me on this folks.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I purchase 4 tickets for my family on Oct. 1 for them to travel on the 2nd of November. JetBlue had cancelled all flights from Aguadilla PR for the month of October and they told me that by November all will be fine and that they will be able to travel without no problem. Their flight now has been cancelled and they do not give a good explanation of why. First they told me because the weather, then because roads were block, then because the power. They moved their flight now for Nov 18. My grandmother who is 92 and my niece of 4 have to wait even longer to get out of the island. The supervisor was not so nice. She told me that they only way was to get the 18 or get a refund. Now my family have to wait for a whole month to be able to come here and get a relief. Be honest of why you are cancelling flights from Aguadilla PR. I checked and many flights has been landed. It feels you are giving priority to others.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

After the devastating hurricane to Puerto Rico. I immediately book a trip. The purpose of my trip was told to get a generator to my family. Jetblue told me I could not take a generator in a commercial airline flight. But to my surprise I saw on Monday October 10th on WAPA America Lo Se Todo segment. They were interviewing a lady that was just arriving to Puerto Rico in a Jetblue commercial airline with three generators. That's the question I have for Jetblue. Who was that young lady and what gave her so many privileges? I just wanted to take a generator to my family also.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Everybody do free cancellation for Puerto Rico because of Hurricane, Jetblue won't!!! They return you credit because they said you cancelled it!!! And you can never put credit to bank account or credit card, the worst is it expired in a year!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

JetBlue is so disorganized at times it’s annoying. Their mobile site works when it wants to and all the time the traveler is not only at fault, but we suffer as a result. Their attendants especially at Fort Lauderdale airports suck as well. They're extremely rude and lord knows it’s a good thing I'm not a psych patient. Long story short I attempted multiple times to check-in via mobile within 24hrs. Couldn't do it. Then get to the airport an hr before it is due to depart. Couldn’t do it. Why not? Because the kiosk didn't allow me to. Then had to stand in a line for 10mins or so. By 615 they closed the flight? And yet I watched someone at the help desk next to me get checked in and bags get checked for a different JetBlue destination than mine but... Mine was closed. Really? Traveled using JetBlue for over 5 years. I will definitely be looking for another airline as my preference.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

NEVER NEVER use Jet Blue Vacations. They increase the price each time I went to book. I had to call to use a credit (due to hurricane Maria) and each time I went to call the price increased from $144 - $400. This was done on three different day and three different locations. So much time spent, so little trust in the company. I have never seen anything like this!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Well I recently took a trip from September 1-15 and never had any problems until JetBlue on my final flight, they left my suitcase in NYC and shipped it to me four days later. Then when I received it my suitcase was damaged and a lot of major stuff inside was damaged or missing, my 450 dollar camera was ruined, my charger for my laptop ruined, and my clothes were ruined and my memory card with all my pictures from me and my fiance from Philippines was missing and that was the whole reason for the 4000 dollar trip was for pictures for government forms and I contacted JetBlue.

They blamed it on TSA and TSA said they had video that the suitcase was fine when it left them and then JetBlue said that they itemize and take pictures of suitcases when they get them from TSA but for some reason they can't find the records for my suitcase and the woman in claims pretty much told me there's nothing they can do cause they don't know what happened. Well it is your responsibility to take care of your customers stuff plain and simple. So now I have to wait and save up money again to do the same trip again to get pictures all over again because of JetBlue. My advice is do anything you have to not fly with JetBlue cause they're not responsible for their customers or their belongings and won't do anything to replace if there's a problem.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Never book any Jetblue flight again. I have never been so disappointed and angry with a fly company. Jetblue is just super bad and terrible. They blame you on their own faults and pay no respects at all. My flight was missed because the agent who was helping me not let me go to the gate but instead calling my reservation company. Then I want them to provide a solution. Instead of giving me options, they forced me to take a offer I did not agree on. Plus, a security guy is appointed to look after me so I cannot walk to the counter again. Excuse me? What is this? I never hear anything like this before. Is it because I am Chinese? Is it because I cannot speak proper English? Super disappointed. Never book any Jetblue again. And why this have to be at least one star? Should be negative.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

My husband booked flights from this airline to the Dominican Republic for a guy's trip. And due to the hurricane in the area Delta canceled the flights for the other guys, but JetBlue is not canceling or offering anything to him without penalties to him, even though he paid extra for "Travel Insurance". I will never use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

They have excellent customer service, great coffee and snacks. I have frequently flown on American Airlines. But I would highly recommend flying with Jetblue.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Jetblue made me very comfortable by treating its passengers like people and not corporate. I don't fly often, but when I do, I will make plans to take only Jetblue.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

66 yrs disabled. I use rollator walker. Walker + 2 carry on bags were put on my lap + I was in pain. I complained, asked for supervisor, ignored and waited until on plane. If I wanted supervisor I had to deplane! I will never use Jetblue!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I would highly recommend JetBlue. In my experience, they have good customer service, and are very helpful. The planes are very clean and comfortable with ample legroom. For my money, they makes the process of flying (which has become an ordeal) bearable. I always try and book JetBlue when I fly.

Jetblue expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

• Best for: Business travelers and frequent fliers looking for a flexible rewards program and unique services.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong

Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information

www.jetblue.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use