2. Travel

Jetblue Reviews

Jetblue
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5

Jetblue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

JetBlue is the best North American airline by a tiny margin over Delta. The planes are new and comfy with heap of legroom and there is entertainment on all of the planes. The seats feel sleek and the mood lighting is very cozy. The free snacks and drinks were lovely and the service was always friendly and professional. Would do another flight on jetBlue for sure. Also, we landed 1 hour early. How's that for a nice change?

Original review: March 21, 2020

The only two places I fly domestically are NYC and Fort Lauderdale, FL. Jet Blue offers the best flight times at the best prices. Unfortunately, they recently (a few months ago) started charging for the first checked bag; this used to be included in the flight price. Generally speaking their seats are comfortable, their DirecTV offerings are great so the time passes very quickly in flight. My only complaint is that they also recently stopped providing small bottles of water (I suppose to save on plastic which is great) but instead they pour what I consider minuscule amounts of water in these plastic cups for the passengers; in order to get 8-12 ounces of water, you have to request 3-4 cups of water!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2020

General seating have more room than most airlines. And the price was really good. The snacks not bad, but I prefer the snacks and a good meal... We took a flight from Boston to Las Vegas with one stop in Arizona going and coming. Service was pretty good. Most important to us is to have enough room, with a good price. I really like to go first class where we get nicer seats and a good meal with drinks and upgraded snacks.

Original review: March 10, 2020

We always use JetBlue whenever possible. As we fly into Fort Lauderdale often for the Cruise ships, it has become our favorite airline. Flight is on time, Seats are comfortable and they give you snacks, even on a short 3 hour flight. Only thing I didn't like is that as a Canadian we are not allowed to have a JetBlue Credit Card and accumulate points.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I have flown Jet Blue yearly for vacation for many years and have always been pleased with them. The larger seats, TV's for each seat, rewards points program and services have always been great. I have never lost my bags. One time I had a flight change due to mechanical issues with the plane and this was handled well and without any issues. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I use to be a huge fan of JetBlue but after the customer service I received from the staff @ the airport who were extremely rude and did nothing to assist me which ultimately caused me to not only miss my flight and end up stranded for 24hrs in a state I do not live on in. I was also separated from my family as two of my family members made our flight. My vacation is ruined. I will NEVER step foot on another JetBlue flight EVER again!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I’m traveling with my disabled daughter and my other child whom it is high risk. They try and get every dollar from you when seating families together actually can help social distancing and help stop the spread of germs. But they charge you to pick a seat. Unbelievable. So we get on the flight and my chair of course is next to a person with not one but two lap children under the age of 2. I have an anxiety disorder and I was already anxious about the plane ride. To make matters worst both children cried the entirety of the plane ride 4 hours to be exact. I was so overwhelmed, I was hyperventilating and the mask did not help.

It was overall a horrible experience not to mention my last JetBlue flight coming to Bos from Sju a couple years back. A child would not sit and kept going in the aisle and vomited directly on me. Bad parenting of course but horrible policies for JetBlue. Shame on them. I want to bring awareness to travelers and let JetBlue know staying safe during Covid and keeping families seated together helps us all and isn’t a luxury and ONE SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED FOR THAT.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I actually love JetBlue as my preferred airline. I always book my vacations myself, directly with the resorts. I then purchase airfare through JetBlue. About July or August 2020 I received an email offering vacation packages through JetBlue vacations. I never use a travel agent but, I had confidence in JetBlue. Huge mistake!

I originally booked for a resort in Jamaica. It was for our 28th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, with covid restrictions, the resort did not open as planned. About the time that I was speaking to management at the resort, I saw JB had a new nonstop flight to Cancun. I called JB vacations and discussed switching. I paid the difference and booked our room. I did a lot of research on the resort and new it was newer. We paid to upgrade to the EC- club level, adults only section. We also paid to upgrade to one of the resorts top suites. We purchased the 2 story suite with a rooftop plunge pool. We were so excited leading up to the trip. Our flight to Cancun was fine. Of course masks were mandatory but, that was expected. Upon arrival to Cancun, we found our transportation and were off to the resort.

Upon arrival the resort was beautiful. The service was however horrific. After waiting to check in and trying to figure out where our room was, etc. our butler never showed up to take us to our room. We could not get food. We could not get a map or a tour of the property. The bell hop actually took us to our room with our luggage.

As soon as he opened the door, it was clear the room was not cleaned. I did request someone to come take care of it, they never showed up. The coffee table had a broken leg, it was about to fall over. There were candy wrappers and sand on the sofa. There were glass beer bottles along the edge of our private pool. There was trash in the pool as well. (I don’t think they ever clean the rooftop deck or furniture up there) it took 2 days to get someone up there to clean up that mess. The bottles had blown over and left broken glass all over by time they acknowledged my complaint. I also had a nice cut on my leg from the glass.

There was a thumbprint of feces or blood, something gross on the handle inside the bathroom (toilet) door. There was mold all over the shower. There was no tp or Kleenex, it was pretty rough. Then, we discovered used, half drank drinks in our fridge. A water bottle half empty. A can of sprite half empty. A couple beers without caps and half drank. They never did take care of this. After 2 days of asking, I finally cleaned the room myself with Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer. It took 2 more days to get them to restock the fridge after I cleaned it out myself!! (Remember this is a 5 star resort) I also called JB and sat on hold for an hour to ask them to please help me. They did call the manager which did get our butler to contact us. JB said they would follow up with me on this but, it never happened.

We never received the Champagne we paid for. I had to clean my own room. We could not get dinners we ordered. It was a total disaster. Upon arriving home, I again contacted JB. I sent them pictures & a detailed review. They promised to contact the resort and present my case. I never heard back again. After a couple weeks, I contacted JB again. Their response, “they’ll give me a credit of $50 towards another vacation package booked through them” $50!?!? That doesn’t even cover the Champagne I paid for and never received. This was a 5 star resort. We paid over 4K for this trip. We never had clean towels, paper products, soap, anything at all! We had to take the giant roll of tp from the pool bathroom because they never put any in our room! I even sent pictures of all of this.

Their poor customer service & failure to stand behind the trip I booked through them is appalling! I trusted JEtBlue, I guess that was my first mistake. I won’t be using that $50 credit. They won’t stand behind this ridiculous trip, why would I trust them to book another!?!? 4K and they offer me $50! No, I did not expect a full refund but, based on pictures, complaints and my phone call to them from the resort in Mexico requesting help from them, I should at least deserve a more appropriate response. I expected better from JetBlue. They failed a loyal customer.

I will be sharing my reviews with pictures anywhere and everywhere. I will make sure everyone knows to never book using JB Vacations!! We saw our butler twice our entire stay. We stayed 7 nights.... all the extra perks we were promised, were never given. I feel like JB Vacations has scammed me. Please, do not get ripped off like we did. Had I not used a travel agent I could argue this myself. Sadly, I booked third party by using JB as my agent. Therefore, they must intervene and they are too incompetent to do so!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Horrible customer Service experience even from the supervisor, I called to try to fix a problem that they caused by charging me for a flight that was not able to be processed. When I called they told me they couldn’t do nothing cause they couldn’t see the charge on their end so then I continue to say I’ll dispute It with my bank then since they couldn’t do nothing about it and they had the nerve to tell me if I do that I could never booked with them again leaving me with a charge of $198 With no flight. Will never use them again and will make sure no one that I know uses them neither.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I flew going to Florida with my 5 lb. dog with no problem. Coming home 9 days later they threw me off the flight using the same small carrier, same dog...l repeatedly stated shove dog under or get off.

Jetblue author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information