Jetblue
3.53/5

Looking for a travel site?

Jetblue Reviews

Looking for a travel site?

Jetblue Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

I love the service. A very tall male flight attendant took a lot of time teaching me how to use the computerized TV and making my seat more comfortable, all the while squatting down to my level to be heard. He also admired my hat when I boarded and politely ask if he could stow it up front so as not to get it crushed in flight. At end of flight he was waiting with a smile, hat in hand and gently placed it on my head. Also, their bathrooms are always very clean.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Have used JetBlue for last 17 years. Prices and rewards are good. Flights have had a great on time record and planes are comfortable and clean. Staff has been professional and helpful. Services including TV and snacks add to pleasant flights.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

The skyscapes and ticket agents are very knowledgeable. The assistance to check keep the passenger alert, saving the anxiety of missing the flights. I enjoy the effort of the airline to store food on the plane to keep the children quiet and calm anytime on the airplane, to help for delays with landing.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Overall, this is my favorite airline. I prefer this line to others because it is usually clean, the flight attendants are helpful and courteous and flights are seldom booked complete. Our last trip involved severe weather in Boston, causing a 5 hour delay. While I was not happy about that, when it was time to board, my mom and I were boarded 1st since she was in a wheelchair.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Their in flight service, customer service and prices are second to none. Whenever I call with a problem they always find a way to help me. They have changed dates, seats and helped me get the best value. They are just awesome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

The flight was originally delayed for about an hour. Once we got on the plane and everyone ready to everything was fine. We then got to the runway where we sat for a while. The pilot came over the speaker and told us one of the engines was not turning on. We then had to be taxied back to the gate for the mechanics to fix the plane. I was in the first row. They left the door open and the cold 15 degree wind was blowing into the plane. We sat in the freezing airplane for a while. The pilot came over explaining that the engine would not turn over due to valves sticking because it was cold and they had to shoot air into the engine to get it started. Said it was like a blowtorch for an example. We then had to de-plane and recommended to stay at the gate because no one knew when we had to get back on.

After about an hour or so we were boarded again. We sat in the small confines of the airplane for another hour and a half or so while the "paperwork" was sent to the pilot or something. I asked for a pop/soda and was told if she gave me one then the entire plane would want something. I felt like a prisoner. I personally thought this was very insulting. Since it took so long for the repairs and the paperwork the flight crew "timed out" Guess what - We had to de-plane again and was told to talk to the front desk about other arrangements. As we stood at the gate like cattle once again one of the staff came over the loud speaker explaining to us what was happening as she laughed like it was a joke. Only to be yelled at because everyone was very tired annoyed, hungry, thirsty. Several people asked to have food brought in. We were given nothing.

So now another flight crew was coming to finally attempt to fly us to our destination. They got to the gate and had to go over the plane like it was a brand new flight. We finally got to board the plane again. At this time our original boarding passes were no good and they had to manually board everyone, which took forever. So on the plane again. Waiting for the "new flight" paperwork. Got the paperwork and guess what happened next. The grounds crew left. Yeah that is correct. They left. So we could not be backed out. We were then offered an 1 ounce bag of chips and a glass of water. 8 hours with no offering of food or beverage. Absolutely un-called for. Prisoners get treated better. Finally the grounds came back from who know where and we backed out and finally got airborne with a roaring applause. It was past 11:30 PM.

I missed several business meetings and probably lost clients. Jetblue apologized and gave me $350 in credits which is an insult. The passenger comfort level was demolished by everything that had happened. It has been 2 days and I still can barely move my back and neck. This is by far the worst airline experience I have ever had. There were 4 major airline issues that can delay a flight all rolled up into one flight. The fact that all the passengers had to starve and be thirsty and have instructions told to us with laughter was egregious. There is no one in the world that would endure all this for 350 dollars in flight credit. Very, very bad JetBlue. Shame on you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

It's a shame that it takes just 1 bad apple to destroy the whole bushel. I was very unfortunate to come across an official of theirs at Fort Lauderdale Airport who had one of the most arrogant and contemptuous dispositions I have ever come across whilst telling me to place 2 laptops on my laps for a 2.5-hour journey to JFK. I was quite unsettled after this encounter at FLL and for the rest of the journey. The levels of Passive-aggression that that exuded from this one individual were beyond compare. I reported this to the 'Speak Up' team at JetBlue, and all I received was a bog-standard "We recognize that you're disappointed with what occurred onboard your flight ... evaluating any applicable coaching opportunities ... Thanks for getting in touch" type response.

A very bewildering response from the customer services team. Having recognised that there was disappointment at the customer's end, a decent, reputable company would have issued an apology, but not JetBlue. They stopped short of doing this. Really sad. The irony is that every other member of staff that I came across did a fantastic job, were diligent and knowledgeable about what they did and had very high levels of empathy in a number of cases that I observed. Very mixed feelings here.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

This JetBlue is the worst airline I have experienced. I had the flight with JetBlue on 16 August. When I reached Detroit, I didn't receive of one of my Suitcases (it had 23.5 kg weights). At the airport, I filled the form to track the status of my bag. From that time until now, every day I call them to ask the status of my bag. They hardly answered and always promised me to call back, but no one called me back. My stuff inside my suitcase was so important and necessary for me. Always I said them but they never paid attention. I really spent the hard situation during this time. I was a new student here, didn't know anyone, didn't have car, and I was not familiar with Detroit.

I lost my stuff inside the bag and couldn't buy them. The weather suddenly became cold in Detroit and I didn't have warm cloths because they were inside my lost suitcase. I called them, talked about the situation, wanted them to find my bag or compensate their mistake. They really didn't pay attention. I lost my weight and became ill because of the cold weather. I was crying sometimes and really need their help, but they were really irresponsible people. After long time, they paid me only 650$ for delay and wanted me to fill the form related to stuff inside the bag with their price and details. I spent more than 10 hours to fill the form. The staff inside the form was really important and valuable for me. I really love them and I lost them.

The expenses that I estimate in my form became more that 4000$. But, two days ago they sent me message that, "We only want to pay you 250$ as compensation". JetBlue is really bad airline. Not only they are not responsible for your suitcase and always you fear that they lost your stuff, but also if they lost your stuff, they never compensate it. Never try JetBlue.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Just called JetBlue to say a large group of us flying to the Dominican Republic from Boston this month are not happy that they changed our flight from a nonstop to a flight to a flight with a stop and layover, plus changing planes in Fort Lauderdale with no compensation. We booked the flight months ago and paid hefty prices before the flight prices plunged because of all the deaths in the DR. They told me they couldn't do anything about it when I asked for some kind of compensation for the inconvenience and cost. Every nonstop I've ever taken has cost substantially more. Just a heads up when using Jetblue.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

At whatever cost necessary stay clear from Jet Blue, the customer service is not there. This airline company could care less about you making your flight. They are not there to assist you for checking in, or even getting your tickets. You will be harrassed and bullied by the Jet Blue staff if you happen to have a problem or complaint. There is no real format to training any of the staff at the front desk. The Jet Blue crew act in a manner of some type of mafia as if they're protected. You will not be treated with respect if you fly with Jet Blue.

Jetblue expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

• Best for: Business travelers and frequent fliers looking for a flexible rewards program and unique services.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
      Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information