Jetblue

Jetblue Reviews

3.6/5 (739 ratings)

About Jetblue Reviews

Jetblue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: June 20, 2022

I took JetBlue for the first time on June 10 from Burbank airport to JFK and the flight was a nightmare. The flight was scheduled to leave Burbank airport at 1:45 PM, but did not leave until 5:30 PM. The flight crew was communicating that issue was they were not able to fill the airplane with fuel to get us to New York due to the airplane engine issue and therefore they had to figure out a different route where they can stop by to fill the airplane. The time to fuel the plane was also expected to be 30 minutes however it did not leave the airport for another hour and a half to two hours. During this time, there were multiple passages that have had flew with Jet Blue in the past were receiving email letting them know that their account will be credited for the delay.

Since this is my first time flying with Jet Blue, I did not have an account and therefore did not receive an email however I called Jet Blue to let them know about the delay and ask for a compensation. The person I spoke to on the phone informed me that the issue was whether and therefore out of Jet Blue’s control so they cannot issue credit or any sort of compensation. I was very shocked and disappointed by the fact that the airline did not document the actual reason why there was a delay on this flight to avoid any compensation or credit to their passengers. It was the worst experience I’ve ever had and will never ever use this airline again!

Original review: June 17, 2022

We had a flight scheduled for 7:30 pm. Received a notification about 3 pm that the flight would be delayed but we should still show up early as it may change. We arrived at 5:30 pm. About 9 hours later with receiving only false information from the agent, our flight was ultimately cancelled after 2 AM. Attempts to learn information about the flight, alternative flights or any accommodations were deliberately ignored. All plans for the trip were thus destroyed. Attempts to reach customer service were greeted with a minimum of 155 minute wait times both immediately and when attempted during normal business hours. In my 60 years plus on this earth I have never experience such apathy from a company. It should be illegal how they treat customers.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Fly to Havana, Cuba supposed to depart 12:21 pm, delayed, an hour seated in the plane and nobody gave an explanation, there is no more respect to clients, there is no air company right now that respect clients time

Original review: June 15, 2022

I had a flight from Boston to Washington DC. This flight whose scheduled departure time was June 2, 8:00 pm, was delayed due to the delay in the arrival of the previous flight, which is understandable. Although the previous flight arrived 8:45 PM, this flight was scheduled for 10:30 because there was a last minute pilot change and the assigned pilot didn't check-in on time. Then the pilot arrived at 9 PM and boarding was done by 9:30, but flight was pushed out of gate and stranded for another hour because paperwork was not done.

Finally, they started flying at 10:40. Then flight arrived before midnight but again stopped for another 15 minutes before arriving to gate saying no gate is available. When we offboard the flight found the airport (Reagan - DCA) is almost closed, hardly any people in the airport, so no gate is available is result of mismanagement. I had a car rental from Dollar but when we reached there at 12:45 AM, found they are already closed, luckily Avis was open and got a car paying hefty price of $500 for a 4-day rental for a midsize sedan. I demand JetBlue should compensate for this.

Original review: June 14, 2022

My husband and I were on flight 108 coming from Montego Bay into Newark on 6/12/22. One of the flight crew was extremely rude to us during flight. Everything came with an attitude, a face, or an unnecessary remark. Finally my husband gets up to use the rest room and has his phone in his and and the woman turns and say “you are taking pictures of me!” He was not. He quickly showed her his phone so she could feel comfortable. And her reply was “Good. I thought so”. Feeling Offended he says “that would be very weird if I took a pic of you" and she said “there are a lot of weird people here”. Not sorry, not "I wasn’t trying to accuse you Of something."

Original review: June 13, 2022

Where to begin... This is the most incompetent, uncommunicative, biasé rude airline I have flown. First, we almost missed our flight without gate change notification. Luckily my husband check to see if it had been changed after we went to the gate we were told. We rushed to catch our flight and the guy checking us in (Jing) was very rude and told us along with several other passengers that since we paid for cheaper tickets we had to pay 65 dollars to check our carry ons in. He was very rude!

I can’t believe this company would make people pay more after finding resonance tickets online. I really hope I can contact someone in regards to this. It happened in Boston. I hate complaining but he was so rude and a matter of fact. I have never heard of a flight making you pay extra for carry on because you didn’t pay for for you ticket. Delta was excellent flying into Maine. They even allowed us to check in our carry-on with no fee. This is why People do not want to travel and it’s terrible customer service. The economy is awful and we are doing all we can to support. Jetblue will be the ones to destroy the economy if they keep this up.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I purchase a ticket to Boston leaving on 9/30 today. Credit card was charged and everything. However, when I received my email confirmation it showed a different departure date 10/1. At first, I thought it was my mistake so I canceled, as my right within the first 24 hours, and re-booked my flight. This time paying extra attention to the dates. Then the same thing happened so I now know it's something on their end. When I called customer service they tried to charge me more for the flight I paid for and when I said no, they refused to give me a full refund. Knowing that I can just cancel online (again 24 hr.), since I just did it like 30 mins prior, I just canceled that way. But that is not the point, the attempted deception on the part of their reps and the "bait and switch" is what is troubling to me.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Booked a flight roundtrip EWR to LAX on Jetblue. Browser had stuck on the wrong return date and I quickly realized and changed the date in less than 30 mins on their site. Quickly contacted support but they refuse to refund the $100 fee to change date. Predatory profiteering for a simple mistake.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Where to begin... This is the most incompetent, uncommunicative, blasé, rude, trashy, not caring airline I’ve ever flown in (worse than Spirit). They lost my luggage and the whole process has been ridiculous. It first started when my luggage was not on the carousel and I got yelled at by some trashy lady for daring to inquire about my luggage. She writes down my info and somehow she didn’t. This happened 6 days ago and I’ve literally had to call every day (1-1.5 hr waiting time) to first: find out they didn’t even enter the final destination address, had no idea where my luggage was for days, get a tracking number, etc. Just a real crappy airline with really crappy employees. They just don’t care about you.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I booked a flight two weeks ago with JetBlue. Toady I received a call that my original flight out of Philadelphia will not make it in time to the connecting flight in Boston. They give options that will cost me at least $350. I could catch a flight the day before and stay at a hotel in Boston at my expense the day before and catch a flight to Charleston or I can book a flight with another airline and they would credit the flight. Yes they will credit the outgoing flight to a non refundable vacation account. Not get my money back, An account which I will never use as I will never book a flight with JetBlue again. I cannot believe that they are able to run a business this way. Being held hostage.

Jetblue author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information