2. Travel

Jetblue Reviews

Jetblue
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.07/5

Jetblue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

JetBlue is the best North American airline by a tiny margin over Delta. The planes are new and comfy with heap of legroom and there is entertainment on all of the planes. The seats feel sleek and the mood lighting is very cozy. The free snacks and drinks were lovely and the service was always friendly and professional. Would do another flight on jetBlue for sure. Also, we landed 1 hour early. How's that for a nice change?

Original review: March 21, 2020

The only two places I fly domestically are NYC and Fort Lauderdale, FL. Jet Blue offers the best flight times at the best prices. Unfortunately, they recently (a few months ago) started charging for the first checked bag; this used to be included in the flight price. Generally speaking their seats are comfortable, their DirecTV offerings are great so the time passes very quickly in flight. My only complaint is that they also recently stopped providing small bottles of water (I suppose to save on plastic which is great) but instead they pour what I consider minuscule amounts of water in these plastic cups for the passengers; in order to get 8-12 ounces of water, you have to request 3-4 cups of water!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2020

General seating have more room than most airlines. And the price was really good. The snacks not bad, but I prefer the snacks and a good meal... We took a flight from Boston to Las Vegas with one stop in Arizona going and coming. Service was pretty good. Most important to us is to have enough room, with a good price. I really like to go first class where we get nicer seats and a good meal with drinks and upgraded snacks.

Original review: March 10, 2020

We always use JetBlue whenever possible. As we fly into Fort Lauderdale often for the Cruise ships, it has become our favorite airline. Flight is on time, Seats are comfortable and they give you snacks, even on a short 3 hour flight. Only thing I didn't like is that as a Canadian we are not allowed to have a JetBlue Credit Card and accumulate points.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I have flown Jet Blue yearly for vacation for many years and have always been pleased with them. The larger seats, TV's for each seat, rewards points program and services have always been great. I have never lost my bags. One time I had a flight change due to mechanical issues with the plane and this was handled well and without any issues. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I had to cancel a flight from Buf-Bos due to a flight change of over 7 hours, which would have made me miss my appointment in Boston. I called for a refund which they claim was issued on August 5th. They could not give me any confirmation information other than they issued the refund on the 5th. I called my bank and filed a claim since I had never received my refund. The bank sent a letter stating JetBlue sent a credit. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM THEM. They have STOLEN money from me. I demand my money back!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

There was a 1 1/2 year old baby not wearing a mask due to having a pacifier in its mouth. They came onto the plane as if there there was a terrorist to get the family off the plane. Number 1 it’s against the law. Under 2 does not need a mask and to behave this way. I will never use this airline again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I was not informed of a flight cancellation. My flight 2398 scheduled to fly from SEA to BOS on 08/08/2020 was canceled but when I looked at my JetBlue app the morning-of, the app did not reflect this cancellation and instead looked scheduled as expected. When I arrived at the airport, I was not allowed to check-in on the app. When I went to the kiosk, I was not allowed to check-in there either. When I went to the JetBlue airport counter, there was no attendant available. I then reached out to representative via text who could not tell me what was going on and instead said that she could not understand why I was not able to check-in. She asked me to wait until a counter agent showed up within 2 hours. I waited. After about 1.5 hours I reached out via text again as the flight time was approaching. At this time, I was informed by the second representative that my flight was canceled for the day.

Given no other options the representative booked me on the next flight to Boston for the following day at no charge. However, I had to pay for transportation back home in addition to having to pay for transportation to get to the airport in the first place for a flight that had been canceled with no notification of the cancellation. My trips to and from the airport on a day in which my flight was canceled cost me $80. When I asked the representative to be compensated for the cost of these unnecessary trips based on a lack of notification and misinformation on the app, I was denied. In addition to the hours wasted, I incurred a considerable expense because of JetBlue inability to inform its customers of a flight cancellation.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Purchased two Mint class tickets to Aruba for 9/12/2020. They first changed the schedule and finally moved both passengers from business to coach class. They ruined our vacations since we lost the insurance paid and the reservation. They refused to refund but they offer to give us a credit. What is this credit for if we will never fly JetBlue in the future. Dishonest company at it's best.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I purchased flights from NY to FL for April 2020. Due to no fault of anyone, my family and I decided to cancel out of safety concerns pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic. When I cancelled the flight in April, Jetblue was helpful in the sense they issued a travel vouchers for us and did not charge a cancellation fee. Fast forward to July 2020, my wife has lost her job and we can't possibly envision ourselves traveling and incurring all the expenses that go with traveling - even though the airfare is paid for.

I called to explain our circumstances (as I am sure we are not unique in this) and was told that no refunds are being offered. I explained that I had purchased a flight through Allegiant Airlines to return home from FL and they were able to accommodate us with a one time refund. Jetblue was unwilling to help and only offered to extend my voucher - which was nice, does not help with the money we will lose if we do not fly. Save yourself the trouble and find a different airline.

Jetblue author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information