2. Travel

Jetblue Reviews

3.6/5 (387 ratings)

About Jetblue Reviews

Jetblue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: March 30, 2021

My family and I have been flying JetBlue from Orlando, Florida to Montego Bay, Jamaica since 2008. First, it is a direct flight and Second, the price is absolutely right. Twice a year we booked tickets with ease at jetblue.com where we selected our own seats and paid for extra luggage at a discounted rate. We accumulated so many Frequent Flyers’ miles it paid for two round trip tickets twice. We were such frequent, model flyers we were upgraded to Pre-Check. The entertainment (TV) is not what it used to be where you had access to movies, Bravo, CNN and satellite radio. Our last flight, December 2019 you could access the movie channels. Anyway, the flight has always been smooth, on time, well stocked with eat all you want snacks and beverages and well staffed with hardworking, friendly Flight Attendants and Pilots.

Original review: March 26, 2021

We’ve been flying JetBlue for years. The price of the flights are reasonable and we almost always find not only the dates but the times that are convenient for us. The planes and seating are very clean, and if you’re hungry but don’t want to pay for a meal you can ask for as many snacks and beverages as you like.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I was stranded on a connecting flight due to weather. I don't fly often so I was very upset. The desk person was very kind and understood my nervousness. She made another reservation the next day, which was the next flight out from JFK. She also helped me find a nearby hotel that had transportation to and from the airport. She went out of her way for me and I will be forever grateful,

Original review: March 17, 2021

The reason I fly Jet Blue is because the seats are roomier and more comfortable. I do like the legroom. Even though I am short I like being able to stretch out my legs. Also, most of the time my plane is on time. The flight attendants are very nice and are always helpful. The planes are clean. Usually a good movie is going to be shown. I would recommend them. I wish they would fly to all the cities.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

JetBlue is the best North American airline by a tiny margin over Delta. The planes are new and comfy with heap of legroom and there is entertainment on all of the planes. The seats feel sleek and the mood lighting is very cozy. The free snacks and drinks were lovely and the service was always friendly and professional. Would do another flight on jetBlue for sure. Also, we landed 1 hour early. How's that for a nice change?

Original review: July 28, 2021

My JetBlue experience! Long but please read, share and help me! I flew my family of 5 and my mother (6 total) to Puerto Rico June 28th - July 10th. Prior to leaving I get notification my mother has been removed front the flight home and rescheduled a day earlier. So 2 days before leaving I am scrambling to reschedule the other 5 tickets with JetBlue so we can travel tougher. So now we are leaving a day early on July 9th instead. On the 9th we get to the Airport to return to Albuquerque from Puerto Rico. We are told our flight is delayed 3 hours and will miss our reconnecting flight in New York. After being in line and talking with the reps for 2 hours we are told the only flight from NY to ABQ for us is on July 14th.

We are told there is nothing they can do for us in Puerto Rico and must fly to NY to see what they can do there. They cancel our reconnecting flight as we are not going to be there in time and rebook it for the 14th. So now I have my family on a flight to NY not knowing what we are supposed to do when we get there. We land in NY and go to the JetBlue counter. The lady says they have no rooms available and cannot rent us a car to drive home but will call her manager. The manager walks up saying “Stick to your guns, No, No, No” before even looking at our file on the screen and what’s happening. We again are told there is nothing they can do for us.

I have myself, my wife, 3 kids and my mother in the airport being told we have nowhere to stay and cannot get a flight for 5 days. We frantically start calling my wife’s aunt who lives in NY but are unable to get ahold of them. The Manager says the only thing he can do is get us a Lyft to their house. We explained we haven’t gotten ahold of anyone but with nothing else to do we accept. They then get us a Lyft that is too small! After begging the driver to take us as it’s now 12am and we have been in lines for 3 hours at NY JetBlue customer service he allows us to pile in and place luggage all over our laps. We’re taking to my wife’s Aunt's apartment and dropped off in front of a locked door as a sign that says “Doorman will be back in 5 min is posted”. So now my family is standing outside a locked door in NY in the rain. JetBlue left us on a street corner in NY for 5 days without a care.

The doorman lets us in and we are soaked still frantically calling my wife’s aunt as the doorman says we can’t stay there without permission. So again, here we are being thrown out on the streets of NY by JetBlue. Thank God after about 30min we were able to get permission to go in as they are out of town but the doorman has spare keys. So now my family is stuck in NY at a house we’ve never been to and a flight not set for 5 days. I am simply hoping our flight on the 14th goes through now! To add insult I got an email today from JetBlue they are sorry for the travel issues and have given a credit of $50. That’s $8.33 for each of us to enjoy another JetBlue flight experience! I am beyond furious and have never been so scared and frustrated in my life! I am at a loss and don’t know what to do!

Original review: July 27, 2021

Dear JetBlue, I am writing this letter 3 days after our arrival back to New Jersey as a record of our experiences on Friday, July 2nd, 2021. My wife, son and daughter were booked on flight from West Palm Beach, FL (PBI) to Newark, NJ and were checked in before going to sleep. My daughter was booked on a flight from Newark to Huston with her mom that evening. They were taking a short vacation together. I am paralyzed and in a wheelchair. Intermittent catheterization is medically necessary for obvious reasons. I had brought enough catheters to last the duration of my trip.

We woke up early on the 2nd to ensure a smooth and stress-free experience traveling home. My brother was taking us to the airport before heading off to work. On the way to PBI I opened the JetBlue app to open the boarding passes. I saw FLL to EWR at 5pm that evening and was confused. After verifying that it wasn’t an error, I called JetBlue. The recording stated the estimated wait time was 290 minutes. I hung up and tried to use the JetBlue Application to modify our travel arrangements so I could get to New Jersey safe and my daughter could make her evening flight to Texas with her mother. The application would not let me modify the flight. We had my brother drop us at the airport and assumed we would be provided with a better alternative given my medical necessities and my daughter's travel plans.

When we arrived at the airport, we were directed to speak to an agent. I approached the man and explained our situation. He said there were no other alternative flights and said that the flight was canceled due to “crew issues.” I was angry. This was a decision made by JetBlue and it was putting me in danger and making my daughter’s vacation with her mother impossible. I did what I could to stay calm and asked how JetBlue was going to get us to FLL from PBI. The representative said “you will have to find your own transportation.”

I questioned how JetBlue could rebook us without informing in the middle of the night (we never received any notifications other than an email) and then refuse to make the change possible. I was very angry at this point. I asked what would be done. He stated that $300 would be given to each of us (1200) in 3-5 days from Salt Lake City. Given my medical complications, my daughter’s travel plans and the refusal to provide us the means to get us to our rescheduled flight, $300 was far from fair.

I called my brother and explained the situation. He had just arrived at work and needed to leave to come back and pick us up. I then began to call medical supply stores to locate a catheter to use since did not have enough to last another day. We located one and drove to the store and purchased it. My brother then called his employer to explain that he could not go back to work since we needed transportation to FLL 8 hours later.

I started sending JetBlue messages via Facebook, Twitter etc to try to get proper compensation for the inconvenience caused by JetBlue’s decision to cancel the flight instead of finding the necessary crew. I never heard back and my brother spent 3 hours driving us to FLL to drop us before driving home. At FLL I continued to send messages and spoke to a woman at the “Ask JetBlue” counter asking her to provide me with the best contact to share our experiences and request proper compensation. She swore the only information that she could provide was JetBlue’s number where I was told to hold for 290 minutes. I decided to try the ADA JetBlue number. I was relieved to only be put on hold for 19 minutes before speaking to a man. I told him my situation and he put me on hold for 27 minutes then returned to tell me that I could send my transportation receipts to some email address and explain the situation.

I told him I didn’t just want to be reimbursed for transportation, I wanted fair compensation. He put me on hold for another 1hour and 24 minutes before a different female representative finally took the call and told me there was nothing she could do and hung up on me. At this point I had given up. We waited for our flight and boarded. Despite leaving a bit late, the flight was going to get into EWR early. The ride was smooth until our descent. The pilot warned of turbulence and the plan was thrown around as we descended through a storm. Many people screamed and my daughter was terrified. I was doing what I could to maintain my composure while I kept myself upright (my core muscles are paralyzed too).

After descending below the clouds, the plane leveled out and we landed at EWR. I saw that I had received a Facebook message from JetBlue. They simply said that your contract allows you to make changes without compensation and that my request for compensation was unreasonable. I know this is not true unless the problems were not JetBlue’s fault. Given that it was a “crew issue” I knew that this was untrue since it was JetBlue’s fault. I wondered where the courts would stand given my disability and the circumstances.

The pilot and crew welcomed us to New Jersey and then pulled up a ways from the gate. We were told that since we were early, our gate was occupied. We waited about 30 minutes before the pilot told us we were directed to a new gate. We pulled over to the new gate and the pilot told us they didn’t have people to direct us to the gate so we waited. I was concerned since I could not catheter myself and my nerve pain indicated my bladder was full. After another 10 minutes we pulled into the gate. The pilot then told us that there was nobody to attach the gate to the plane. We waited another 10-15 minutes for them to finally open the doors.

As always, my family and I were waiting for everyone to clear off the plane so they could put me in a straight back and get me off. I reminded attendant to tell them that I needed an aisle chair. She confirmed with an annoyed look on her face. Once the plan was empty, my family decided to leave to go get our bags. I continued to wait. After 10 minutes I asked what was happening and they didn’t have an answer. I needed to pee and my wheelchair was waiting for me on the gate. I had to go. I got on the floor and began pulling myself backwards down the aisle. The attendants were trying to stop me but I was desperate. Eventually, as I got to the door of the plane, the crew showed up with an aisle chair. They literally blocked my exit before I angrily asked them to move.

I got into my wheelchair and made my way out of the gate to get to the Uber/Lyft location. My daughter’s mom had planned on taking us home but she was not on her flight to Texas (without my daughter). We waited for the Lyft driver for 30 minutes and eventually made it home. By this time my bladder was overextended, my toe was swollen, my leg was bleeding, my daughter was traumatized and unable to be with her mom, and we were all exhausted.

My daughter is promising never to fly again, and my toe is swollen and black and blue. I may have a UTI given the bladder backup and the pain I am experiencing. I feel humiliated having had to drag myself off the plane at EWR despite the plane being present at the gate for more than 45 minutes. My ex-girlfriend worked for JetBlue and after flying with JetBlue, I became a proponent. Obviously this has changed. Had your people responded in an apologetic way and assured me that compensation would be provided as well as transportation to our new flight, this would have all been avoided. Disappointed, disgusted, irate, frustrated, annoyed and ashamed are a good list of descriptive words. I sincerely hope you get things together or fall apart as a business. This sort of stuff makes the world ugly.

Original review: July 25, 2021

I flew JetBlue to Martha’s Vineyard on Tuesday morning, July 13, for a one-day turnaround work trip. My flight home was at 5:55 pm. At 3 pm, my flight was delayed an hour. The delay kept increasing until my flight was set to leave at 10:14 pm. The weather was perfect, and there were no delays at either the departing or arriving airport LaGuardia in New York. I could see, via FlightAware, that my plane was sitting at LaGuardia. I assumed there was a mechanical issue, yet sat and waited at the airport the entire time, thinking I was getting on my flight. I only found out it was cancelled when I went up to the desk agent at 9 pm for an update for the third time and was told: “Oh, the plane is broken and we can’t fix it.”

The last ferry off the island to the mainland was at 9:00 pm, and the airport closes at 11 pm, so I truly was stranded! They offered me no accommodation options and just left me there to sleep on the street, with no apology at all. JetBlue knew that there were mechanical problems with the plane as early as 3 pm, yet neglected to inform its passengers. If I had known this, I would have been able to rent a car to make the nine hour drive home so I could attend the important business meeting I had the following morning in Manhattan. I missed it because of JetBlue’s incompetence.

This time of year, Martha’s Vineyard hotels are all sold out because of the vacationing tourists on the island. I was lucky enough to find literally the only room left on the island at the cost of $1,000 for the night. I had no choice - it was either charge the $1,000 on my credit card or sleep in the airport parking lot until my rescheduled flight the next day at 11:00 am. Because I had no confidence in JetBlue’s ability to stay on schedule the next day, I ended up having to take a ferry and rent a car, at my own expense and in addition to the plane fare for my return flight, to ensure I was able to get off the island and back home.

I have reached out to JetBlue via chat, which is the only way to get in touch with them anymore, and they will not reimburse me for my hotel stay or even give me my points back for the flight they cancelled! After holding a JetBlue credit card and using the airline for the majority of my flights over the past fifteen years, I am extremely disappointed by the treatment I have received. JetBlue always had exemplary customer service, but that clearly is no longer the case.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Worst customer service (period). Had to delay my return trip from Colombia to USA due to unforeseen circumstances while in the airport. Had JetBlue personnel ‘make notes’ on my reservation and was told the change would not be expensive, around $20 or so. Then when calling to make the reservation was unable to contact them, was on the phone for hours and then had the calls dropped. Had family calling too and all our calls were dropped after being on hold for 2+ hours!!! Just terrible.

Finally had to go to the airport to talk to someone, and their first response was that I had to call, really? Since I wasn’t leaving without help, they told me my reservation was canceled, that the ‘rescheduling notes’ weren’t there and I had to pretty much pay a one way trip. Once back home (USA) a week later, I called again to make the complaint. Thought maybe here I would get better customer service and at least get some airfare credit. They did not believe me, said I only had 5 days to make the complaint, or reschedule the trip. How could I do so if the phone calls did not go through? If in person, their associates did not give me all the options and/or company restrictions? Just terrible, avoid if possible. If something goes wrong, you’ll get to experience how little they care about their clients.

Original review: July 22, 2021

My wife and I were flying from PDX to Cabo San Lucas, July 7, 2021 via Alaska Airlines. Alaska canceled the leg from LAX to Cabo, but booked my wife, myself, and two other couples onto a Jetblue flight for the same connection, and we were given boarding passes straight through. When we got to the gate the flight was already boarding. The other two couples showed the boarding passes and got right on. We were told that they could see our names on the manifest, but that we would need to purchase new tickets to get onto the plane. We called Alaska, we spoke with Jetblue, to no avail. So we handed over a cc and bought new tickets. After our trip, we contacted Alaska, who provided us with confirmation numbers showing they had paid Jetblue for our passage. They sent us to Jetblue to get a refund for the EXTRA tickets Jetblue required us to purchase.

First, if you call Jetblue (I dare you 1 (800) 538-2583), you will hear that your wait time is estimated at well over 300 minutes. Tough it out, we did, only that person can't help you and gives you a second number (1-801-449-2580) to call and wait on hold for hours for the next level of support. Only that person, though friendly, can't help you either, so you wait while they wait on hold for a supervisor (add another 30 minutes). In the end, we got on the plane so Jetblue says we used the tickets, and even though they have been paid twice for the same passage, they cannot speak with our connect consumers to anyone in accounting that can verify the double payment. 4+ hours on the phone later.

Jetblue author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information