2. Travel

Jetblue Reviews

Jetblue
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.75/5

Jetblue Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2020

The only two places I fly domestically are NYC and Fort Lauderdale, FL. Jet Blue offers the best flight times at the best prices. Unfortunately, they recently (a few months ago) started charging for the first checked bag; this used to be included in the flight price. Generally speaking their seats are comfortable, their DirecTV offerings are great so the time passes very quickly in flight. My only complaint is that they also recently stopped providing small bottles of water (I suppose to save on plastic which is great) but instead they pour what I consider minuscule amounts of water in these plastic cups for the passengers; in order to get 8-12 ounces of water, you have to request 3-4 cups of water!

Original review: March 20, 2020

The only reason for my lower score is Jet Blue no longer offers straight through service from Vermont to Mco. Before that time, I supported them and belonged to their rewards program. Since JetBlue tends to be more expensive than other carriers, there was no longer any incentive to continue their rewards plan.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2020

General seating have more room than most airlines. And the price was really good. The snacks not bad, but I prefer the snacks and a good meal... We took a flight from Boston to Las Vegas with one stop in Arizona going and coming. Service was pretty good. Most important to us is to have enough room, with a good price. I really like to go first class where we get nicer seats and a good meal with drinks and upgraded snacks.

Original review: March 10, 2020

We always use JetBlue whenever possible. As we fly into Fort Lauderdale often for the Cruise ships, it has become our favorite airline. Flight is on time, Seats are comfortable and they give you snacks, even on a short 3 hour flight. Only thing I didn't like is that as a Canadian we are not allowed to have a JetBlue Credit Card and accumulate points.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I have flown Jet Blue yearly for vacation for many years and have always been pleased with them. The larger seats, TV's for each seat, rewards points program and services have always been great. I have never lost my bags. One time I had a flight change due to mechanical issues with the plane and this was handled well and without any issues. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: May 9, 2020

So I recently went online to try and get a refund for my cancelled flight due to Covid and being now unemployed. After much going back and forth, they told me that my money would be in their travel account for 2 years on hold for me to use and I could not get my money back. I told them that now I am unemployed and there is no known cure for Covid (which will probably last much longer than anticipated), I will not be traveling anywhere for at least another 2 years or more. So basically they are taking my $1000 and keeping it for themselves even though the DOT issued a statement that all airlines have to return money for flights. Looks like Jet Blue is putting people in harm's way by keeping flights going so they can keep their money. Crooks!

Original review: April 12, 2020

I originally booked 3 seats on JetBlue Flight #1323 to depart on April 12 from JFK at 3:59 pm and land at LAX at 7:26 pm. Jet Blue changed us to JetBlue Flight #1523, same day at 5:55 pm and landing at 9:27 pm at LAX. I was in touch with a JetBlue representative via Twitter (could not get through on the telephone lines after several attempts) and requested a refund, rather than a travel bank credit, given the schedule change. I was told that would not be possible. I respectfully requested this once again, referring to the DOT ruling on refunds in the case of cancellations and significant rescheduling. I also asked what JetBlue considers a significant rescheduling change and was told anything over a 2 hour change would qualify for a refund. My flight change was 1 hour and 56 minutes - pretty close to 2 hours but just 5 minutes shy of the qualification. I can't imagine this is a coincidence. I find this extremely deceptive and disappointing.

I lost my job at the end of March due to Covid and have 2 family members in the hospital. I need the cash now and would not leave the area with family in the hospital even if that was a decision I wanted to take on. Additionally, I should not be forced to consider putting my family in potential harm by boarding an aircraft. This entire situation is unethical, selfish, and greedy on the part of JetBlue.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Bought a ticket from Boston to San Diego.. Got to airport 2 hours ahead of time. Hour before boarding went through TSA and then got to gate. Had 50 minutes to wait. So got something to eat.. Went to ladies room. They must had started boarding earlier than suppose to.. I looked up when I got back and I saw my plane number. Went to desk and said, "Are you boarding for the San Diego plane?" Just then a lady on the plane ask if I was coming to board the plane? She did buy my seat number. The lady at the desk said no. I said, "Yes I’m right here.." The lady at the desk said, "You missed the plane. You need to go reschedule for another day." I said, "But the lady just asked if I was coming." All she kept saying was, 'You missed it. If you don’t go you won’t be able to reschedule for another plane."

So I try to get my money back because I didn’t miss my plane. The lady wouldn’t let me on the plane. Jet blue supervisor lied and said they shut the door. Once they shut the door you can’t reopen it. How many people do they do it to? Where do that money go to? Their bonuses? I missed my daughter award. Be careful, I will never fly Jet Blue again and I was a frequent flyer even when they charge for a bag fee when no one else did. Please Jet Blue be honest and refund my money. Show your customers you do care for them.

Original review: March 29, 2020

We were in Aruba from March 8 and were suppose to leave to home JFK on March 19 2020. On March 16 we receive an mail our flight was cancel. Cancel. It read you can book again. I went on the Jet Blue site and found flights for 1100.00 for the 17 March. How can you sell flights when me and others are stranded. I would think you jet blue could have offer these flights to me and others that were cancel first. When you try to call jet blue you get a message 75 minute wait. After 75 minutes you are told get home any way you could. No partnering with other airlines to get us on a flight out. The part that pissed me off is that American, Delta, Southwest, United all were flying. Many until March 25. Jet blue dumped us. If it were my airlines I would have made some flights on jet blue to combine the passengers that were being left behind.

Jet blue actually flew passengers into Aruba after ALL FLIGHTS BACK WERE CANCEL knowing these persons flights were cancel to get home. I seen these persons checking in to the hotel and being told get a flight home today, tomorrow, now. Panic when the hotel tells you you need to leave soon. Grocery stores and restaurants closed down. After looking for 3 hours for a flight somehow a box popped up and said fly Delta Aruba to JFK for 238.00 per person on the 17 of March. So I spent another 500.00 + to get home. Keep in mind jet blue cancel my flight on March 16. I am deeply angry at jet blue. I fly them always. Been flying with them almost from the beginning. There was no need for this problem. I believe they did not want to send an empty jet down to get the returning passengers $$$.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Called Jetblue for a refund with everything that is going on and they are the only company with refuses to help. All they care about is the bottom line. I will never fly with them again. They are willing to work with me zero %.

Jetblue author review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information