1.50/5

Jetblue Reviews

505 Jetblue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Now JetBlue will not allow customers sit in empty seat unless customer premiums. Airlines are getting greedy. We need regulation to stop their greed. They started with paying for additional luggages and now paying for empty seats. This has to stop.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My husband has a contract in Newark, New Jersey and has to travel from Orlando, Florida to Newark every other week. Well, every flight that he has taken has been delayed. Tonight, his flight #128 was suppose to leave at 7:51pm. Now it's not leaving until 11:30PM. This is absolutely ridiculous! He has to be at work in New Jersey at 5:30AM. I use to love this airline but they are failing miserably. Their Jetblue credit card is a scam also. You get no benefits, not even free baggage. Once the credit card is paid in full - closing the account and cutting the card. DO NOT USE JETBLUE OR GET THEIR CREDIT CARD! Just so unreliable.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

This is by far the worst Airline ever! Warning DON'T BOOK YOUR FLIGHT WITH THEM!!! Now let me tell you why. It all began 9/20/2018 flight from ATL to FLL with a connecting Flight FLL to PUJ (Punta Cana, DR). First flight out delayed then cancelled. You heard me. CANCELLED!! Was able to get on with Delta which was the next gate straight flight ATL to PUJ. Second Problem Jetblue sent my luggage back to luggage claim. Really??? We go to baggage claim to retrieve it and it's not there. WTF? Now we missed the Delta Flight which was the last flight to Punta Cana.

With that being said hotel reservation in the DR lost for that day (money down the drain). We said, "Screw this. Let's book our flight the next day with Delta a more reliable airlines (An extra $694 out of pocket) so that we can claim some of our vacation time." Now let's talk about the return Flights home. PUJ to FLL connect FLL to ATL flight was schedule to depart @ 2:15 pm. Several delays later flight departs @ 7:00 pm. The one good thing is that the flight we were on was the same flight to ATL (they change Terminals). Flight Departed FLL @ 11:00 pm Arrive in ATL @1:00am. This was a very stressful layover 11 hours.

Really JETBLUE!!! GET IT TOGETHER!!! Remember word of mouth will ruin a business and at the rate y'all going, you will be out of business. THAT'S A FACT!!! I will make sure I let everyone I know about your poor service. My sister-in-law who owns a travel agency already have Jetblue on her site as to DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH JETBLUE. May you will have a little compassion for your customers when you lose money.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Left my wife and kids sleeping on the floor in JFK after the flight was canceled leaving out of Orlando, and put them on another one that got to NY at 10:00 knowing that their connection flight is gone. When I called complained they said it was weather related. If that was the case why wouldn’t they think of all these people that cannot make their connection flights and just e-mail them, call them, text them letting them know the flight is cancel. Ppl rather sleep in their houses (toddlers) than on the floor in JFK since there is no Hotels and it's all booked. Can’t provide you with a hotel voucher for the night. Customer service office is closed... and the best part is when I called they said, "We'll send you a 75 dollars prepaid cars in the mail." 3 months later I'm still holding my breath. What a SHAME. Words can’t describe how horrible this company is... not only they will never see a penny of mine... but also I will trash them every chance I get.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

So I used Jetblue this past July. One of our flights was over 10 hours. We had a full delay in Florida to sightsee. We were suppose to land before lunch, but did not get there until 8 pm that night. They said that they were going to give us a credit for our inconvenience. I let them know that you can not put a price on changing our plans on a honeymoon and that I did not want their credit because I was deploying within the next month. So they gave us a credit that has to be used in one year or we lose the money.

I have called multiple times trying to get it extended 3 to 6 months so I can use it. The first person said I could give them away. So I asked her if I could have $300. She said no. I told her, "But you just said I could give them away." This or something like this happened 2 more times. They all pretty much said they don't care that I'm unavailable to use them because I can sell them or give them away and if they don't get used they will expire. It's just sad they don't care about the customers or understand that their military member that serve them do get deployed. I will never buy another thing from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I had a flight coming from FT Lauderdale to Atlanta scheduled at 8:49pm (9/2) - flight number - #568. From my understanding it was originally delayed until 10:54pm due to weather issues. The weather was cleared up and we were all ready to go. Also other airlines and other Jetblue flights were taking off as well. After an additional hour, the service agents claimed it was maintenance issue which delayed us even more!!

Another hour passed, which then made the pilots timed out leading to the flight being cancelled in entirely around 1am. Jetblue did not accommodate us with any hotels, vouchers, food...Nothing!!! The next flight that was available was for Tuesday morning (9/4) due to the very limited amount of flights JetBlue offered from Ft Lauderdale to Atlanta. If we would have accepted this flight we would have BEEN STRANDED FOR TWO DAYS IN THE AIRPORT UNTIL TUESDAY BECAUSE THIS AIRLINE WAS NOT PUTTING THE CUSTOMERS IN HOTELS!!!

We could not wait until Tuesday because if we would have we would have been fired from our jobs, you all were not going to put us in hotels, and was not giving out food vouchers or anything, hence why our original flight was booked for Sunday!!! After hours of stressful moments, we made the decision to purchase a one way flight on Delta to Atlanta for the next day for $471 each person, with funds we did not plan to spend all because of your airline not being able to accommodate us. What if I didn't have this emergency fund? My sister and I would have been stranded, starving, etc for two days because of JetBlue. We had to sleep at the airport for 14 hours in the freezing cold with blankets, no food, nothing! I called the 1800-JetBlue number to express my frustrations and asked to speak with a manager regarding a refund for my Delta flight due to your mishap.

A manager that works this company jumps on the phone and VERBALLY ABUSES ME!!! The way one of your managers spoke to me on the phone was completely unprofessional and unethical. She stated and I quote because I will never forget this, “I knew what I signed up for when I purchased the flight in regards to the policy,” and I stated, "This was horrible customer service," and she stated “it’s funny how it’s horrible service when something happens but it’s not horrible when you are booking the flight”. Those were her exact words and I am disgusted a manager would speak this way to a paying customer. I understand she might have been a little frustrated with everyone calling in for the cancelled flights, but to treat paying customers in this way did not sit well with me.

Due to this incident, I am completely APPALLED AND DISGUSTED with the team members verbal abuse and the way Jetblue handled this. I have never experienced anything like this in my life and I am very shocked that this is how they run their company. They have no compassion for their paying customers and do not care about your well being. I understand everyone has policies but in this existence this was totally unacceptable. We have never had any other problems with any other airlines besides Jetblue and this is the second time within the last three months that we have been provided horrible customer by JetBlue. DO NOT FLY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Traveling from DC to Burlington, VT. Flight out of DC delayed resulting in missing last flight from JFK to Burlington, VT. No offer of hotel but a cot located in baggage claim. Baggage claim open to public, homeless. When provided the cot, instructed to place belongings under the cot or homeless would steal belongs. Middle of the night Jetblue security reported that we (myself and two physicians) could not sleep there. We reported that we were told by Jetblue staff that this is where we were to stay. JETBLUE security staff escorted us upstairs to check in whereby we waited until 3 am to speak to a supervisor whom offer only then a hotel offsite. We declined as all had early morning flight.

To best sum up my experience and having been a US Army Afghanistan, Kabul veteran. I felt more safe and better taken care of in Afghanistan. So if you wanted to be treated like the most worthless human being (it truly is all about making money at the cost of safety and security... with the possibility of getting jacked by homeless criminals... please fly JETBLUE.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had a connecting flight scheduled on Jetblue from New York to Austin. After luggage checked, boarding pass issued, etc, the flight was canceled. I had to stand in line for 3 1/2 hours before I could speak to someone to book another flight. Jetblue said first available was 3 days later. I had to get a hotel room for three days, pay cab fare, etc. Jetblue would offer NO compensation, but said "we are not going to charge you for changing flights"!! This was without a doubt the worst experience I have had with any airline.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The worst airline and even more horrible customer service. Traveling with my son and luggage is hard enough...especially when the airline admits to dropping your full size stroller and giving you a cheap barely functional umbrella stroller as a "loaner." I was told by multiple JetBlue employees that I would get a replacement but now I am told I would get the wheel replaced. The entire stroller is broken to include the wheel, the frame, the fabric is torn and filthy. I am disgusted on how they are handling this situation -- not to mention I had to call them twice after being told someone would call me twice.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Travelled JetBlue airlines via JFK airport on 8/14/18. Upon arrival at 6am there were computerized check-ins very few navigator reps to assist with the confusion. After standing around for approximately 20 mins there was 1 rep that assisted us family of 5 with our questions. At the completion of computerized check in we had to go to check in under age kids in another long line. Line rep was asked a question. Female rep provided no eye contact only pointed. Second line female rep in area advised us to step off line after patiently waiting when granddaughter started feeling nauseous. When advising female rep time is fading we fear losing our flight we refuse to leave line. Finally she assisted us by relocating us to front of line. Next long line for screening, female TSA rep was obnoxious, rude and unprofessional when providing all IDs with paper check In for us family of 5. She tossed us to another male rep who was nicer.

Passed screening. Now waiting for plane to board. Last minute gate was changed from 13 to 27. JetBlue attendant made announcement which was very low and distorted. Gate change was heard as going to San Juan, PR never said mentioning Aguadilla, PR. We waited until 815am and inquired. Still waiting at gate 13. Attendant stated we missed flight. Not knowing what to do attendant sent us to customer service to change flight. Another flight couldn’t be given until midnight next day 8/15/18 losing 1 day of vacation. Flight attendants was the only service that was satisfactory.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Purchased 4 tickets including one for my daughter who is only 6 to fly out from JFK to Tampa for a family reunion. The flight was to leave 5:59 am on August 12. I received an email to check in the day before my flight was scheduled to take off and when I went to check in I saw my itinerary was cancelled "due to weather". We contacted JetBlue on the phone and was told we would have to go online to find another flight. After some back and forth the person on the other end told me we would be rescheduled but all on different flights out of different states at different times including my 6 year old daughter who was expected to fly out of Westchester airport on her own.

We told the lady this was not acceptable and she said she would cancel our flight and refund us. Hours after this we all got separate voicemails telling us about our new itinerary even after we cancelled and told the representative this was not acceptable. We asked if we could cancel our return flight because at this point there was no reason for it since we would miss the reunion because they would not be able to get us on a flight until that Wednesday which was 3 days later and they told us we would be penalized because one flight has nothing to do with the other. So because of this we were forced to go to another airline and pay $1,400 for 4 one way tickets just so we wouldn't miss out on our flights coming home and be penalized.

I have always flown JetBlue and never trusted any other airline. This experience has definitely opened me up to try other airlines. The way JetBlue handled my situation was extremely unprofessional and careless. I would like to express that the morning my flight was cancelled due to weather was extremely beautiful and sunny up and down the East Coast, not one once of rain or lightning or thunder (the flight that was coming in from the plane we were scheduled to be on was flying in from Boston).

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Flying out of DC, flight was delayed 5 times, then the gate changed and they never notified me so I missed the flight. Coming back home from FL, my flight was delayed, then canceled and rescheduled for the next day. They didn't bother telling me about a flight available later that same day, I had to call them and ask. I will never be using this airline again. They said they had staffing and maintenance issues. I don't even want to bother flying on their crappy planes ever again if they are having maintenance issues with them. They offered me a piddly $75 travel voucher (which I will never use). Airlines like this rob people and should not be allowed to conduct business. I hope they go bankrupt one day.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Jetblue is terrible. The communication is horrific and their delays are constant. I was delayed flying out of Newark for over 3 hours. They never communicated the reason for the delay or the time frame as to when we were expected to take off. My flight home was delayed for over 4 hours as well. This is the 6th time I have flown with them where both flights have been delayed. Fly United. A million times better.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My confirmation code **. On August 2nd Ramonia ** and George ** was on the way to Baltimore airport when they received a call from Jetblue starting that their flight had been canceled. It was 11 am and we had checked out our hotel at 1030 am. We were in a Lyft car and had to reorder the Lyft again to go back to the hotel we came from. Total spent so far 500.00 DOLLARS. I called Jetblue and they rescheduled our flight for 800 am in Washington D.C flight 1223 August the 3rd. We got up the next morning and took a Lyft again and that cost us 150.00 dollars. At the airport I called Jetblue to find out what happen. JET BLUE TOLD ME I WAS LUCKY I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR ANOTHER FLIGHT. AWFUL!!!

Original review: July 28, 2018

Our flight was supposed to be departing at 11:59 PM but then they announced it was going to depart at 3:00 AM. But after all the struggles just to get to Santiago they announced that the flight was cancelled. They told us to check if there were other flight. And when we went to check with the customer service the woman there treated us like as we were dogs. I don't ever recommend JetBlue.

Original review: July 28, 2018

As I write my family is stranded at the New Jersey Airport. They have started 24 hours ago and no clue of what next. And it's all because of the poor service from Jetblue Airlines. They booked tickets with Ethiad Airways - operated USA by JetBlue. EY8244 (Denver - New York)/EY100 (New York - Abudhabi - Bangalore). EY8244 - It's a bright sunny day here in Denver, but Jetblue kept giving bad weather in North East as reason for delaying the flight by 4 hours 30 minutes. They missed the connecting flight. It's funny to see one flight gets delayed, but the connecting flight by the same operating airlines leaves on dot.

By the time my family (2 young children) reached it was 11.00 PM night, the JetBlue counter was closed and they had no clue as to where to go. Neither JetBlue folks assisted with accommodation or putting them on alternate flight. I am coordinating with my wife, the agent and finally at 1.0 AM EST the agent did put them on Emirates flight for next day and JetBlue reservations gave an itinerary. When today my family went to the Emirates counter, they were shocked to hear that JetBlue has not even confirmed the tickets on the Emirates flight. Also I have no clue as to where the baggage is. How can such a pathetic airline still operates and operational. The JetBlue Twitter handles pretends sympathy on the twitter handle.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Stuck in airport with over 10 hours delay. 652 Flight from Cancun to NY supposed to leave at 5.15pm - we arrived at the airport at 3.30 pm and we keep receiving emails updates to flight delays. Our estimated departure is now at 2.30 AM!!! We are the last customers in the airport and nobody is here to explain what’s happening. The JetBlue customer service is not reachable, this is just outrageous. What a lack of respect for the customer, this company should not be allowed to run. We are gonna spend the night in an airport without blankets or food and water. They lost a customer for life.

Original review: July 27, 2018

After travelling 30+ hours from Nepal on Qatar Airways with my two kids, I had a connecting flight on JFK for Tampa. What should have been a 3 hrs. flight, turned into a 5 days ordeal. We were on the Initial flight on the 22nd of July which left the gate and then after being in the tarmac for 3 hrs, they returned us back to the terminal because the delay caused one of the crew to be above legal flying time allowed. Our initial flight was eventually cancelled at around 2:00 AM the next day and they gave no compensation citing the cancellation was because of weather. I had to be in the line for more than an hour to book our flights for the next day. I was told we were booked for the next day flight, but when we reached the gate the next day, they told us we didn't have any confirmed seats in any of the JetBlue flights. Same thing happened for a couple of days.

Finally, after 4 days, they gave me an option to fly out to Sarasota. In between, they told me they had misplaced my luggage and was asked for me to find out where my luggage was. So, after 5 days, without any luggage, they put me in a flight to a different destination and to top it off, they put us in completely different areas of the aircraft and while I was trying to console my 7-year-old to go sit with a stranger, the flight attendant asks us to take our seat promptly. Please do not fly JetBlue, because they have zero passenger concern, they seriously need to fire the guy who manages the flights and reorganize. They were completely disorganized, desk and the person on the phone telling me I had confirmed flights, while the gate told me I didn't have any. Baggage getting lost and they had no clue where it was last scanned, rude desk people. Complete chaos. Please avoid JetBlue at all cost. I will.

Original review: July 26, 2018

My 11 year old sister was onboarded. The plane rolled off the gate and began to taxi for departure. I could not longer see the plane so I left without thinking about it. 2.5 hours later I get a call from Jetblue saying the plane never took off and she is no longer their responsibility. Furthermore, when the plane reboards, she will not be allowed back on until the same person who was originally authorized to drop her off is there once again to see her back on the plane. I live 1.5 to 2 hours away with traffic. The fact that they don't employ a responsible adult who can watch after the group of unaccompanied minors until the plane reboards and instead inconvenience working class people with jobs, is absolutely insane and unacceptable. ON TOP OF THIS THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED THE DAY BEFORE. Fortunately, I was able to see the pattern of delays and left early. Simply put: They don't act like reasonable human beings.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I fly frequently. Jetblue offers points if YOU spend a grand and pay it off fast. 90 days. For the small price of 99 annually they offer 40,000 points. Just wait 8 to 10 weeks. That is bait and switch. Barclay card and Jetblue are complicit.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I booked flight 0828 due to depart on June 19 at 5:24 pm but I finally departed at 9:47 pm. The explanation was because of weather; that happens I know. But the fact that they texted me at 3:00 telling me that my 5:24 was delayed to 7:24 only to send me a text around 3:30 pm that my flight was back on track for 5:24 pm. After arriving to the airport on time I received 18 other texts and emails changing my time for departure. I sat in the plane for an hour and then de-boarded only to be told at 8:30 pm to wait for an INTERCOM ANNOUNCEMENT for when to board again. No official time was given and that all other flights were booked and prohibitively expensive. They refused to give me a time at the CS desk causing me to sit there without rest or dinner. A weather-related delay is not uncommon but the confusion and unprofessionalism there was legendary. They lost me as a longtime customer, so find another airline.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I am not sure why so many people are writing negative reviews, although several are their own fault for not paying attention to rules like needing to check bags at least 60 minutes prior to an international flight, this is not a Jetblue rule, but FAA regulations and sometime up to the airport as well. If they say you need to check your carry on, there is a reason for it, perhaps your bag is too large for the space remaining, perhaps it is too close to take off time. Remember the flight attendants are there to make sure everyone stays safe and to try to make sure the flight leaves on time. Overall, I have never had a rude employees and in fact they usually bend over backwards to help you.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I’m in New York, my flight is due at 2:58. I get a phone call at 11:15 saying my flight has been canceled for June 5th 2:58 departure for LGA. I was rerouted by JetBlue to leave or at 7pm. I called customer service. Spoke to Michelle after waiting almost 30 minutes on hold. She then made a flight out of JFK to get me back to FLL sooner. Got to JFK the same issue appeared. The flight never existed. I was then given a 3:40 flight which was boarding for Group A in the more room seats up front. I was given a front seat. However trying to board and was turned around stating I was on standby. My seat had already been taken. Who accommodates you, got your inconvenience and how do you just switch flights when a passenger has paid for a flight for timely reasons. I don’t think I’ll be flying JetBlue. Poor customer Service and I’ve never been through this before. I’ve always flown JetBlue. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I got an email that my flight was cancelled SIX HOURS before takeoff for 'maintenance issues'. As we were going on vacation, it was too late to change or cancel accommodations and car rental. I was told by two supervisors (Lesandra and Carline) that my only options were to wait until the next flight which was TWO DAYS AWAY, make a 4.5 hr drive to Atlanta for a flight tomorrow, or just get a refund of the cost of my flight. They refused to help me find another flight on another carrier.

As we already had several thousand dollars invested in this vacation, I had no choice but to do all the legwork and somehow manage to find a last minute flight that didn't cost $2,000. I did get one (thank goodness), that had multiple stops, was 3 hours longer and didn't get in until after midnight. I called Jetblue back to have them refund my flight and see if they could refund me the extra $269.00 it cost for my new flight. They refused and said they would only refund the cost of the flight and give a $100 flight voucher for my 'inconvenience'.

BEWARE OF JETBLUE. When there are problems, if you've read anything on this page you should see that they are ill prepared for issues or to compensate customers for what could be severe financial burdens. I felt like neither supervisor I spoke with (Lesandra or Carline) was willing to go even a little above and beyond to help me out. I declined the vouchers and told them I would never fly JetBlue again... it's not worth the stress and the risk.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Horrible experience! My flight was scheduled for 4 pm and the flight kept getting delayed over and over. We took off at 2 am. I’m not even joking. It was a real nightmare. Worst airline ever. Beware :(

Original review: May 31, 2018

Received excellent service at my final destination. Helpful with directions and baggage pick-up as well. Received multiple wishes for a pleasant vacation and hopes for a safe and pleasant return flight.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Overall Jetblue is the best domestically. They have good flights and in general it is an easy process, they are also super efficient with regard to impending storms, cancelled flights and rerouting and refunding. Most of the time the agents are polite and friendly, however they need a little more attention to their staff in NY and Miami. I think the seating is smart and works. I also think the food is smart, but wish they offered food that didn’t smell. Sometimes it can be overwhelming to smell salami, garlic and other things in a confined space. They should make sure to update their planes too and continue to offer the service that a lot of the other airlines don’t. I also think it would great if they introduced family flights during high family travel times to Florida. Jetblue has always been the front runner on different domestic plane service and was better than Virgin America. A little more innovation in these trying times for business travelers would be welcome.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I had been in Auto accident and had been diagnosed herniated disk lumbar and had lost the standing and walking capability. Being alone in US and lengthy wait to see physicians, I called Etihad Airlines and inquired about my possibility to travel to Jaipur India for quick surgeon appointment and surgery. As per their wheelchair requirements I got physicians signatures describing my diagnosis and present traveling capabilities. I bought tickets. Then I was told to submit my medical records. I did and my physician spoke to airlines providing his number for any future requirements, meanwhile I got contact with neurosurgeon from brain and spine hospital Jaipur surgeon Dr Kamal ** through my nephew in India by sending a copy of MRI through Email. I got the earliest appointment on 4th June 11AM.

I was all set to go on June 1st. After accessing my condition, I decided to upgrade my economy to Business class. I was confirmed for business from Abu Dhabi to Jaipur by paying $155 difference. I was working to upgrade from JFK to Abu Dhabi and my bid for $ 1115.00 was not accepted. I was told I can upgrade just before flight.

On 1st I checked flight status at 3:30 PM before departing to JAX airport had no delays. As I reached Jax airport, some passenger said that the flight is cancelled. I checked signboard and had no delays. I went to Jetblue counter with skycap pushing my wheelchair and baggage cart. During my wait in line I called Etihad Airlines and informed about the rumor of flight cancelation. They said “your flight is in time and you are all set to go."

But on the counter it was different story. The flight is cancelled and was told to return on 2nd at the same time. Everything is booked same but for next day. I returned called my friend to ride me back and paid $ 20 to skycap. I called Etihad Air again and they said “THIS IS NOT OUR TICKET anymore. THIS IS JETBLUE TICKET NOW" So I was at the mercy of Jetblue. There are 3 Jetblue and one Delta flight from JAX to JFK. The layoff in JFK is only 1:40 hours at JFK. I arrived well in advance to get flight. I was told that flight is 3 hours delayed. "But you don’t worry, if you lose flight, they will take care of you at JFK. Either they will get you another flight immediately or they will provide you with hotel accommodation, etc."

I arrived JFK at 11PM on 2nd. Since the connecting flight had already left at 10:40 PM I went to Jetblue office at JFK. The reception was quite rude. It looked like I was an unwanted unnecessary burden passenger, The lady on counter said “You were told at JAX once you reach JFK you will be on your own.” My answer was “how can you say to me I am on my own. I have confirmed tickets. And I was told there you will make onward arrangement and provide my necessities." On this she said it was my mistake. I should have got my onward booking arranged from there at that time. At the time of check in, 6:30 flight was scheduled for 8:30pm. If flight had to take off at 8:30 PM, it was fine but flight took off at 9:30. I said what do you expect me to do. Sit on airport on wheelchair till the time you get me the flight.

After few hustles she got to the job and started to make phone calls. She informed me that there is no seat available for tomorrow. Have to wait 2 days in NYC. I insisted to send me as soon as possible; I am in bad shape and have surgeon’s appointment. "You can send me to Jaipur from Mumbai or Delhi. It is not necessary for me to go through Abu Dhabi." Then she called again and asked if I will take British Airways to London and then to Delhi and Jaipur. At 12:17 my reserve to Jaipur through British Airways was confirmed. She told me to wait outside by the time she will arrange the accommodation. While I was waiting outside I realized that I don’t have spare underclothes and shirt. By this time my clothes were already shabby and smelling. Being on wheelchair unable to stand or walk, I can’t go minor shopping.

Having a similar previous experience in Qantas Airlines on my trip to Melbourne Australia, they had provided me with a travel pack of 2 underclothes and toiletries, I requested her to provide similar travel pack as I am unable to step out of hotel to shop. Her reply was “we don’t have any such provision." I said I had availed similar provision with Qantas in similar situation. Her answer was, "We are Jetblue and not Qantas. I am in NYC and have never heard of Qantas." My answer was “you mean you are explaining that inferior to Qantas!" At 1:35 AM I was sent to Radisson of JFK. I asked if I can get something to eat and I was shown sandwich vending center. I picked on sandwich at 1:50 AM and paid 11:75. I was notified that airline does not provide anything to eat. I checked in at little after 2 AM.

My room has no handicap wheelchair provisions. Motel provided me with wheelchair but toilet is not meant for wheelchair occupant. Bathroom has no support to hold on or stool to sit on for shower. I had to stand for a minute and my disk was aggravated. I was in pain and had to take painkiller. It lasted for half an hour. I went for breakfast and was told airlines have not authorized and was charged $ 18. I went to reception and asked to get me some water to drink on which they said “water is only provided on check in.” Last night when I came in there were two 500 ml bottles of water. Being exhausted and hungry for 10 hours, 1 liter of water quota was hardly anything. They insisted me to buy $ 2.00 for 20 oz bottle from vending machine. They provided 1 bottle as courtesy and rest I had to purchase 4 bottles for $ 2 each from vending machine.

Whenever my back gets aggravated due to movements, I get severe pain and I start sweating with the result I need to drink water immediately. I had no choice. Maybe Jetblue did not look for wheelchair accessible motel accommodation. Motel’s main handicap entrance is out of order. One has to wait on someone to get the door. My clothes were already shabby and dirty. I went to gift shop located in the hotel and bought a T shirt for $19.59. They had no underwear therefore now either I have to be in soiled underwear or without. Either way it's going to cause rash in my groins. I went for lunch at 12:45 PM and by now my back is already getting aggravated due to pulling wheelchair on carpeted floor. When I push or pull with my arms, it pains my back right away. I Paid $ 20 for lunch by Amex CC. If Jetblue had to book me on earlier flight, I may not have gone through so much pain and suffering.

I wanted to verify my wheelchair booking by phone to British Airways. I had to call BA office and hotel rate to call BA Office is $ 5.00 per minutes and to call 800 toll free number $1 per minute. I decided to leave early and find my way at airport myself. At 3:30 I came out and shuttle leaves every half an hour. Bellman said the driver will inform airline on the curbside and they will bring wheelchair. When shuttle came bellman loaded my carry on and told driver to contact airline on curbside to arrange the wheelchair. The driver refused. For bringing me to motel last night they picked me up from curbside. Now he is refusing. Bellman went to front desk and was told that he can call taxi. Bellman called taxi $ 22.00. Taxi brought me to curbside and informed airline staff for wheelchair. It was there in less than one minute. Now it's 3 years and I am still on my way to recovery.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have had the misery of flying JetBlue twice a week for the last month. Their points system is a scam. They make it impossible to earn top status with the airline when you only fly short commuter flights albeit twice a week. They define their points in a few different categories. Only dollars spent on flights actually benefit your status with the airline. No other points help your status. I would happily pay for good service, i.e. First Class. They do not offer it. Only more expensive seats that have been double sold and I have been moved without any explanation or compensation.

Poor service, terrible at customer retention. Absolute lack of any type of first class treatment despite what you pay. Even more space is only a little bigger and they still can refuse your bag position in the overhead bin. I have an overhead bin requirement due to medical needs. She made me put my bag two rows back so the first row medical needs could be available. They never were, the flight attendants proceeded to use my overhead bin for their bags. Attendant on the last flight was the worst I have ever encountered on any airline. So rude and entitled. Why? I'm pretty sure I spend more money in a pay period on their flights than they pay her.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Traveling from Florida to Ohio and the flight was delayed several times and finally cancelled. They do not work with other airlines for alternative flights. We were told to come back the next day as they offer only one flight a day. Instead we changed to another Jetblue flight to Pittsburgh and figured we could rent a car and drive to Cleveland. The Pittsburgh flight was delayed several times with many gate changes but finally left several hours delayed. I've flown many many times and this is the first and last time I'll use Jetblue. Chaos should be their tagline.

Jetblue expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

• Best for: Business travelers and frequent fliers looking for a flexible rewards program and unique services.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information