1.13/5

Jetblue Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

525 Jetblue Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

Super disorganized, never called our name. We were late due to their disorganization but still would have not missed flight had they called our name. Missed flight. They used to be good but last couple of flights were not good.

Original review: March 5, 2019

My mother paid for a round trip ticket for her to travel from Fort Lauderdale to White Plains airport. She brought all her current paperwork completed by her doctor and vet proving her dog was a service dog. They allowed her to bring her dog on the plane as a service dog from Fort Lauderdale to White Plains and ensured her she would not have any issues on her return flight back home. When she got to the airport for her return flight the Supervisor (Anna **) would not accept any of her paperwork and told her she can pay $125 for her dog & buy a $50 kennel or she will have to get additional paperwork completed by her doctor and reschedule her trip back home (this was a Sunday night so no way to resolve the paperwork issue at the time).

My mom is a senior citizen that has a serious medical condition that is triggered when she is under high level of anxiety or stress and it could cause her to go into the hospital. Her dog does not only help prevent a medical issue, but also lets her know when one is coming so she can take her medicine. I tried to talk to the Supervisor and she apologized for the confusion their airline may have caused, but was not willing to work with us in any way. I explained we had two weeks before my mom's return flight so if they would have told us in Florida to get another form filled out by her doctor we would have without any problem. Why would the paperwork be acceptable one way, but rejected on the return flight two week later?

When I told the Supervisor she is putting my mom through unnecessary stress that could cause my mom to have a medical issue, she threaten to not let me my travel without a full medical review just to be even more nasty. My mom paid the extra money so she would not miss her flight, but the Supervisor had a flight attendance harass her on the plane to ensure she kept her service dog in the kennel. My mom has travel on Jetblue plenty of times before with her service dog and never had any issues.

The flight attendant Lena actually told her and the people sitting around her that my mom was trying to pass her dog as a service dog, but he wasn't. Her dog is a service dog and just because there was a misunderstanding that does not give them the airline staff the right to harass and embarrass her when she did provide significant proof that she does have a medical condition that requires her to have her dog with her at all times. Her dog has never been put in a kennel so he was also impacted by how unprofessional the staff at JetBlue treated him and his owner. I can understand the potential risk if my mom's service dog was a pit bull, but my mom's service dog is 5 lbs and has a history with the airline traveling with her as a service dog.

We contacted the corporate office to put in a complaint on how she was treated and to get the opportunity to provide the doctor's paperwork they wanted so she could get reimbursed for what she was forced to pay and they rejected her request and did not even give her the opportunity to prove that her dog is a service dog. The person sitting next to my mom on the airplane is also putting in a formal complaint on how badly my mom was treated. I have always had a good experience with JetBlue, but after how badly my mom was treated and they had no concern for her health, I can not travel with them again. Considering the corporate office was not willing to even try to make the situation right by allowing her to prove she has a service dog to get her money back just shows me they have terrible customer service and do not care about their customers!

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Today I initially had a flight scheduled to depart at 9am. After my initial flight was cancelled, the only other option they offered was either to refund my fare or to re-book me onto a series of flights (3 connections) with literally 9 hours of lay over time due to arrive at 9am the following morning. This would have resulted in my entering a business meeting following an overnight layover with no sleep, a half hour late for the scheduled start time of the meeting.

When expressing that this would not work - for me, nor my clients - the only apology I got was to offer a refund of my original fare which would take 7-10 business days to process, and to rebook with another airline. As any sane individual knows, rebooking same day would result in paying over $1200 for another ticket. After committing to missing my meetings and losing the $1,950 paid for the cost of the meeting, I was offered no alternatives, no compensation, and no apology. I honestly am taken aback by the lack of care for customers demonstrated by this business. Absolutely absurd.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I booked a flight from Orlando to Providence on February 13. The flight was supposed to leave at 1:39 pm, but was delayed several times, once after they started lining people up for the flight. Not only that, but the people lining up were getting yelled at for "blocking the hall" as though it was their fault that they were lined up. After several delays, I was finally in line to board the flight but as I was walking through the door, it closed and I got slammed in the head. Apparently, the door slams shut without warning after 50 minutes as some sort of security measure.

They told me there is no way they can stop it. Of course, the people at the boarding area were sorry, but when I registered a complaint, it appears as if customer service didn't believe me. I had a pretty bad headache throughout the flight and a vague one the next day. And I had actually registered the complaint to see if there was some way they could override the automatic door slam so it didn't happen to anyone else. I'll probably never fly Jetblue again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

2/18/19 - Had a 1:52PM flight (RSW to BOS) first delayed to 2:25PM, then again to 2:42PM, then again to 3:03PM, then again to 4:05PM, then again to 4:51PM. We (my husband and I) finally board only to be delayed another hour on the tarmac. Next, we’re deplaned because the flight crew is over their allotted hours. We’re directed back to the top of the gate and told there will be an airline representative there who can help us exchange our tickets for a different flight.

The only problem is there was already a line of about 20-30 people waiting to do the same thing. So, rather than wait in a line for another 45 minutes I got on the phone with Jetblue customer service to try and get us another flight. I was told the next flight at around 10:00PM had already been delayed to around 1:00AM. Rather than sleep at the airport, hoping that 1:00AM flight actually takes off, we booked the 9:52AM flight for the next day and made other accommodations for the night.

We spent a total of 6 hours in the airport and never ended up taking off. We’re both missing an extra day of work. I’m pregnant and missing a doctor’s appointment. It would have been better to have all flights to BOS canceled from the beginning of the day, if the weather was so bad and the crew time was an issue. Then we would have been able to at least enjoy another day here in Florida, but instead we were poorly communicated to and shuffled around all day. I think in circumstances like these the customers are due a voucher for a future flight. Customers’ time cannot be blatantly disregarded like this.

The customer service rep on the phone told me they “don’t issue credits over the phone” and that I would need to submit a dispute online. Fine, done. Not 1 hour later, I get an automated email letting me know my husband and I have been issued a measly $75.00 each for “customer goodwill”. This, in no way, compensates us for the loss of wages, new accommodations we had to make, extra expenditures for the day (i.e. food).

2/19/19 - Get to the airport for our 9:52AM flight. While waiting, I figured I’d give the customer service via phone another shot (Maybe the $75.00 is just a starting point until they’re able to connect with you live). After being put on hold for 6 minutes or so I’m connected to a live person, Delores, who seems nice enough and I explain the whole ordeal to her. I’m placed on hold 2 additional times before being connected to a supervisor, Jaime. I explain the whole ordeal again, at which point I’m told that the 1:00AM flight we were informed about yesterday didn’t even end up taking off until 8:30AM. Then I’m told that we may not qualify for additional compensation because we didn’t wait around for that flight.

Also, they need 72 hours to determine what compensation (if any) will be due to customers. WHAT THE ACTUAL ** JETBLUE? To make matters worse, we finally board the 9:52AM flight only to be delayed about 25 minutes because of a seat malfunction. We finally just took off, and I will be calling back after 72 hours. I’m expecting whatever compensation everyone else is getting considering we left only 2.5 hours after everyone else. Overhaul your customer service, overhaul your ** planes and get back to the company you once were... This is unacceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We arrived at San Jose to find out our 10:42pm flight has been bumped to 4:45am. We are traveling with a 2 year old and there isn’t a thing they can do for us. And 3 months ago we had a flight from Portland Maine to PR to go on a cruise. They cancelled our flight 2 hours before we were supposed to leave and told us again there was nothing they could do for us. I will never fly Jetblue ever again!!! And I don’t recommend anyone else to fly with them!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I had three JetBlue flights. One out of Puerto Rico to Tampa, Tampa to JFK, JFK home to Portland, Oregon. I get to the Puerto Rico airport super early 'cause I was on a cruise and didn’t have anywhere to go till my flight. Luckily I did. I got an email saying my 2:30pm flight was delayed by over an hour. Which makes me miss my connecting flight in Tampa. I pitch a small fit, and they get me in a earlier flight to Tampa at 11:30. No big deal, I hang out in Tampa for a bit till my next flight. Except I get ANOTHER email from JetBlue stating my flight has been delayed by over an hour and a half. Making me miss my connecting flight in JFK. NOT OK. Go to the desk. Spend 45 minutes at the desk. NOW I’m told that my flight out of JFK is delayed till 3am because the plane is broken. But they might swap it out with another plane, so it still could be on time. Meaning I either miss my connection, or get there at 8pm and wait around till 3am.

Best part of this whole scenario? ALL THREE OF MY JETBLUE flights are delayed because of maintenance issues. ALL THREE!!! Three DIFFERENT planes! Apparently JetBlue flies around ** planes. 3 in one day?! WTF?!?? Do not fly JetBlue. Ever. And I’ll make it my personal mission to make sure to tell every key I know in this world to never fly them either.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My wife and I made a reservation to fly from Sarasota to JFK and return for the end of February/beginning March. Being concerned that we may have to cancel, I asked about their cancellation policy. I was informed there would be a total penalty of about $150 covering both tickets and the balance (about $600) would be returned to my Visa. I specifically remember saying to the agent, “Fair enough”. When I actually did cancel about a month before the flight, I was informed that the penalty was for each ticket totaling over $300 and the balance would not be returned except by a credit for a Jetblue flight that I must use within 12 months. This is very bad policy aggravated by the fact that I was misinformed. Shame on you Jetblue.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

This is my first and last time ever flying JetBlue. Thanks for ruining my honeymoon. From the very beginning it has been awful and has turned into a nightmare since then and unfortunately we’re not even done yet... First we needed a name added to our ticket and for 5 hours were bounced back and forth between JetBlue and Expedia. JetBlue repeatedly told me there was nothing they could do and then finally made the change after 5 hours of hair pulling insanity.

While at the airport they told us our flight was so delayed we’d miss our connection through Ft. Lauderdale and rerouted is on a later flight through Boston—now putting us in 3 hours later to the Bahamas. Even that flight is now delayed over an hour and we land in Boston and run to the gate where a JetBlue employee immediately tells us that it’s too late to board and that it was our fault we missed the plane because we’ve been at the airport for over an hour. We spent several minutes arguing with her that we just barely arrived and ran straight to this gate but she was convinced we’d been at the airport for over an hour until she finally saw that we were right on her computer.

We had to go to someone else to rebook our flight and now we have yet another connection through Ft. Lauderdale (our original connection) and we are getting into the Bahamas over 8 hours late. And by the way, while we were staring at the check in desk in SLC for 30 minutes waiting for them to finally figure out our ticket, EVERY single other person who checked in for various other flights were also told their flights were delayed.

To top it off the plane was old and uncomfortable. So JetBlue single-handedly slashed our honeymoon by 25% because we're losing the whole day and all they offer us is a cheap airport meal voucher. Thanks for everything JetBlue, including making my wife cry. This is the worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline and they continue to keep messing things up so I’m stuck in Boston fully expecting to miss more flights and keep getting rerouted. I’ll be asking them to book me on a different airline on the way back but I expect more ridiculous excuses.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Our flight for Monday has been canceled. Not re-scheduled, but cancel. And after waiting 20 mins to start a chat and 45 mins on hold on the phone the only choice given is to re-schedule the next day or cancel, but after a few minutes, they tell me the flight for the next day was sold out and now the next available flight is for Wednesday... Crazy. The customer service representative was nasty and just said that yes, they cancel and it is up to the customer to call and do all the work. I have used Jetblue before and so far it has been good, but this will cost me a lot of money, headache and lost time. Will never use this company again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My Flight was cancelled due to a snowstorm in Boston in March of 2016. So I ended up with a refund of 170.00 in my travel back with Jetblue. The Supervisor that I spoke with told me that my refund will not expire after a year. So now it's over a year later and Jetblue has taken my refund. I do not like being lied to nor not given vital information when it comes to my money. I'm not a Jetblue flyer but I would've became one if I was given service with integrity.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I travel frequently from NY to Trinidad to see my parents. The Jetblue employees along with the custom agents especially Agent Leonardo ** & Arnold ** and are always rude and unprofessional. They make racist remarks and when you talk back to them they threatened to arrest you. I tried to record them how they were treating me and they made me delete the video and threatened to take my phone. Then the Jetblue employees act like they are custom agents. PLEASE DO NOT EVER TRAVEL WITH JETBLUE. They make you feel like you're a piece of **. I am US citizen and highly educated and felt like I was being treated like a criminal.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Jetblue was almost 45 minutes late causing us to miss our connecting flight, also with Jetblue. We got to the gate and they said too late and closed the door about 3 minutes later! I had a 2 year old and then the kicker, had to find hotel accommodations because they couldn't put us on a new flight until next day. THEY OFFERED NOTHING! They also told me to pay 250.00 to sit in 1st row so I could get off plane first and make my connecting. Well because of them, that was impossible.

They would not refund that 250 OR pay a dime toward our hotel accommodations. They took 2 days off our vacation from us and offered nothing for it despite my many phone calls. Their next flight was also >1 hour delayed because the plane functions were not working! Not to mention, their flight attendants are miserable and wifi did not work the entire flight! Do yourself a favor, save the aggravation and don't book Jetblue! Thank god we got a direct back home through American and they left exactly on time!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Today, I supposed to go back to my home, Orlando, FL. I have been at the airport in SJU since 4 pm. They have been changing the departure flight around 4 to 5 times, they also just changed the gate. The issue, based on them, is as they call a domino effect in which they have been delayed since the first flight of the day (mechanical issues and wheelchair situation with a passenger.) When I came to SJU, they aborted the arrival due to mechanical problems as well, with the landing gear. Beside my mother in law was visiting us from SJU to MCO and they had also a mechanical and crew problem in which took her 12 hrs to arrive to Orlando. I am very disappointed and I do not feel this is a reliable airline. Remind me Kiwi Airlines in the ’90s. I believe is the time to change the float. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Me and my sister arrived today at Bermuda Airport 07h30. Our flight to New York was at 08h30. No one from JetBlue, absolutely no one was here to receive/help us. We did the online check in one day before and had no luggage to dispatch. People from security help us informing the JetBlue members inside that we were there in need for help and that someone should pick us. We wait 50 terrible min for an answer, for any help from JetBlue members. But no one showed up. There was 7 crew members. How can no one help us? Bermuda is a super small airport and they were just a couple of meters far away from us. We stayed there 50 min!! This is completely unacceptable for a company that says that put their passengers first...! American Airlines had a flight at the same time, and they were still receiving a lot of passengers. This was my first JetBlue experience, I don’t recommend this to any other passengers.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

So basically we book a flight from JFK to San Jose. Flight flying at 6:15 gets delayed an hour, then another hour. Now it’s 9:30 because we are waiting on a crew member. At 9:30 the flight is delayed till 11 pm. Now waiting on the pilot. At 11 pm the flight is delayed till 1:30 and at 1:30 after 6 to 7 HOURS of waiting they CANCELLED the FLIGHT. I don’t live in New York. Nowhere to go. Nobody to talk to about it. About 200 people just wondering what to do? None of the TRUEBLUE help desks where open and all 200 people trying to get on a flight. And it’s 2 am in the morning and people have been waiting since 5 pm in the afternoon. Everyone finds a help desk. They tell them we can’t get on a line because the staff doesn’t start their shift till 3:30 in the morning so we can just wait in line to get on in line again at 3.30. People are tired and exhausted. After 3:30 they rescheduled everyone to fly out 2 days later.

There was old people and 2 PREGNANT ladies just waiting in line by themselves for HOURS. Most people weren’t from New York and had to sleep at the airport just like me. There were no lounges. Nothing. I slept on the floor and it was cold and really dirty and uncomfortable. The next morning I finally got on a flight to San Francisco by staying standby all night. I HAD TO CHANGE MY Destination LOCATION just to get on a flight. Now the flight is at 9 am. I am already there. Slept there all night. As soon as it’s time to board the flight is Delayed AGAIN. So, after a total 24 hours of waiting I finally flew the worst flight on my life. Now after a week I have to fly back and I decided let me change my destination to Newark, New Jersey. That way I can get home faster.

So I get a connecting flight from San Francisco To Orlando to Newark. My flight from San Fran to Orlando is at 9:35 and from Orlando to Newark is from 7 to 10. The flight from San Fran to Orlando gets delayed again. SHOCKER!!! I ask why is the flight delayed and they are waiting on a CREW MEMBER AGAIN. So now the flight is flying out at 10:45 and they get me on a flight to Boston going out at 12 so now I have to wait 4 hours at San Fran airport and then I Fly out from Boston and get to Newark at 12:30 am. Instead of 10 PM that too only if my flight to Boston does not get delayed again.

I am currently waiting at the San Fran airport writing this because JETBLUE does NOT VALUE their customers TIME and I will never make the same mistake to fly with JetBlue. My brain hurts from going through all this and physically drained from all the delays not from any real issue but not having their staff come in on time and always waiting on a crew member or a pilot treating us like cattle. Giving us no options. Being rude. Not even understanding. I HATE JETBLUE. Please DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

My mom suppose to flight from Costa Rica at 2 pm. The time the flight get out was 3 36 pm. I was trying to reach by phone. They don't know if the flight get out from there, trying to reach the website and was not responding, went to Fort Lauderdale airport and I got two persons on customer service with bad attitude [Frank and Adelsa]. That no got any respond on what happen and just saying go to the gate 4 and wait there cause flight is late without explain Why? My Mom are 80 yr old and believe me never again will be flight on that company. Careful to who you spent your money with.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

It is worst experience ever. Jetblue sucks. Never take this plane again. Took 1hr 30 min for only get baggage. What a great service Hah? 1 hr and 30 min for get baggage? What the ** you guys doing? Staff also so ** annoying. Worst service worst staff. Don't waste your money and time.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

They closed the doors right as we reached the gates, and refused to let us in. I understand their policy, but I didn’t appreciate their cold response. We were told “Too bad.” And they simply pointed to nowhere and said “Go down there. You missed it.” Now, when you have two people rushing towards you with tears in their eyes, I don’t think the best response is to be so cold. Maybe it’s because it happens often - but we’re all people. It’d be nice to be treated better. How about an “I’m so sorry, we’re on a tight schedule, and can’t let you in. However we do have a different flight at this time, I’ll let the info desk know you’re coming to schedule it.” With some compassion?

Then, we went to the JustAsk desk and had someone lecture us about the two hour policy. She was very rude and defensive. Always framing it as our fault. Again, not helpful for people who are already at the airport and missed their flight - and teary-eyed. We got our new flight, 7 hours after the original, and then sat and watched our original plane sit on the tarmac for another 50 minutes before leaving.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I am Asian American, when I came to the counter check in at Boston airport, that ** lady named Christa, refused to check in my luggages, and asked me to go to the counter which is not JetBlue. She took the luggage from the ** guy behind me. When I came back to this counter, I have to stay at the long line. What a customer service, how can this kind of people work in service? Racism is still exist. Never fly with JetBlue anymore.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Now JetBlue will not allow customers sit in empty seat unless customer premiums. Airlines are getting greedy. We need regulation to stop their greed. They started with paying for additional luggages and now paying for empty seats. This has to stop.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My husband has a contract in Newark, New Jersey and has to travel from Orlando, Florida to Newark every other week. Well, every flight that he has taken has been delayed. Tonight, his flight #128 was suppose to leave at 7:51pm. Now it's not leaving until 11:30PM. This is absolutely ridiculous! He has to be at work in New Jersey at 5:30AM. I use to love this airline but they are failing miserably. Their Jetblue credit card is a scam also. You get no benefits, not even free baggage. Once the credit card is paid in full - closing the account and cutting the card. DO NOT USE JETBLUE OR GET THEIR CREDIT CARD! Just so unreliable.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

This is by far the worst Airline ever! Warning DON'T BOOK YOUR FLIGHT WITH THEM!!! Now let me tell you why. It all began 9/20/2018 flight from ATL to FLL with a connecting Flight FLL to PUJ (Punta Cana, DR). First flight out delayed then cancelled. You heard me. CANCELLED!! Was able to get on with Delta which was the next gate straight flight ATL to PUJ. Second Problem Jetblue sent my luggage back to luggage claim. Really??? We go to baggage claim to retrieve it and it's not there. WTF? Now we missed the Delta Flight which was the last flight to Punta Cana.

With that being said hotel reservation in the DR lost for that day (money down the drain). We said, "Screw this. Let's book our flight the next day with Delta a more reliable airlines (An extra $694 out of pocket) so that we can claim some of our vacation time." Now let's talk about the return Flights home. PUJ to FLL connect FLL to ATL flight was schedule to depart @ 2:15 pm. Several delays later flight departs @ 7:00 pm. The one good thing is that the flight we were on was the same flight to ATL (they change Terminals). Flight Departed FLL @ 11:00 pm Arrive in ATL @1:00am. This was a very stressful layover 11 hours.

Really JETBLUE!!! GET IT TOGETHER!!! Remember word of mouth will ruin a business and at the rate y'all going, you will be out of business. THAT'S A FACT!!! I will make sure I let everyone I know about your poor service. My sister-in-law who owns a travel agency already have Jetblue on her site as to DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH JETBLUE. May you will have a little compassion for your customers when you lose money.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Left my wife and kids sleeping on the floor in JFK after the flight was canceled leaving out of Orlando, and put them on another one that got to NY at 10:00 knowing that their connection flight is gone. When I called complained they said it was weather related. If that was the case why wouldn’t they think of all these people that cannot make their connection flights and just e-mail them, call them, text them letting them know the flight is cancel. Ppl rather sleep in their houses (toddlers) than on the floor in JFK since there is no Hotels and it's all booked. Can’t provide you with a hotel voucher for the night. Customer service office is closed... and the best part is when I called they said, "We'll send you a 75 dollars prepaid cars in the mail." 3 months later I'm still holding my breath. What a SHAME. Words can’t describe how horrible this company is... not only they will never see a penny of mine... but also I will trash them every chance I get.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

So I used Jetblue this past July. One of our flights was over 10 hours. We had a full delay in Florida to sightsee. We were suppose to land before lunch, but did not get there until 8 pm that night. They said that they were going to give us a credit for our inconvenience. I let them know that you can not put a price on changing our plans on a honeymoon and that I did not want their credit because I was deploying within the next month. So they gave us a credit that has to be used in one year or we lose the money.

I have called multiple times trying to get it extended 3 to 6 months so I can use it. The first person said I could give them away. So I asked her if I could have $300. She said no. I told her, "But you just said I could give them away." This or something like this happened 2 more times. They all pretty much said they don't care that I'm unavailable to use them because I can sell them or give them away and if they don't get used they will expire. It's just sad they don't care about the customers or understand that their military member that serve them do get deployed. I will never buy another thing from them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I had a flight coming from FT Lauderdale to Atlanta scheduled at 8:49pm (9/2) - flight number - #568. From my understanding it was originally delayed until 10:54pm due to weather issues. The weather was cleared up and we were all ready to go. Also other airlines and other Jetblue flights were taking off as well. After an additional hour, the service agents claimed it was maintenance issue which delayed us even more!!

Another hour passed, which then made the pilots timed out leading to the flight being cancelled in entirely around 1am. Jetblue did not accommodate us with any hotels, vouchers, food...Nothing!!! The next flight that was available was for Tuesday morning (9/4) due to the very limited amount of flights JetBlue offered from Ft Lauderdale to Atlanta. If we would have accepted this flight we would have BEEN STRANDED FOR TWO DAYS IN THE AIRPORT UNTIL TUESDAY BECAUSE THIS AIRLINE WAS NOT PUTTING THE CUSTOMERS IN HOTELS!!!

We could not wait until Tuesday because if we would have we would have been fired from our jobs, you all were not going to put us in hotels, and was not giving out food vouchers or anything, hence why our original flight was booked for Sunday!!! After hours of stressful moments, we made the decision to purchase a one way flight on Delta to Atlanta for the next day for $471 each person, with funds we did not plan to spend all because of your airline not being able to accommodate us. What if I didn't have this emergency fund? My sister and I would have been stranded, starving, etc for two days because of JetBlue. We had to sleep at the airport for 14 hours in the freezing cold with blankets, no food, nothing! I called the 1800-JetBlue number to express my frustrations and asked to speak with a manager regarding a refund for my Delta flight due to your mishap.

A manager that works this company jumps on the phone and VERBALLY ABUSES ME!!! The way one of your managers spoke to me on the phone was completely unprofessional and unethical. She stated and I quote because I will never forget this, “I knew what I signed up for when I purchased the flight in regards to the policy,” and I stated, "This was horrible customer service," and she stated “it’s funny how it’s horrible service when something happens but it’s not horrible when you are booking the flight”. Those were her exact words and I am disgusted a manager would speak this way to a paying customer. I understand she might have been a little frustrated with everyone calling in for the cancelled flights, but to treat paying customers in this way did not sit well with me.

Due to this incident, I am completely APPALLED AND DISGUSTED with the team members verbal abuse and the way Jetblue handled this. I have never experienced anything like this in my life and I am very shocked that this is how they run their company. They have no compassion for their paying customers and do not care about your well being. I understand everyone has policies but in this existence this was totally unacceptable. We have never had any other problems with any other airlines besides Jetblue and this is the second time within the last three months that we have been provided horrible customer by JetBlue. DO NOT FLY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Traveling from DC to Burlington, VT. Flight out of DC delayed resulting in missing last flight from JFK to Burlington, VT. No offer of hotel but a cot located in baggage claim. Baggage claim open to public, homeless. When provided the cot, instructed to place belongings under the cot or homeless would steal belongs. Middle of the night Jetblue security reported that we (myself and two physicians) could not sleep there. We reported that we were told by Jetblue staff that this is where we were to stay. JETBLUE security staff escorted us upstairs to check in whereby we waited until 3 am to speak to a supervisor whom offer only then a hotel offsite. We declined as all had early morning flight.

To best sum up my experience and having been a US Army Afghanistan, Kabul veteran. I felt more safe and better taken care of in Afghanistan. So if you wanted to be treated like the most worthless human being (it truly is all about making money at the cost of safety and security... with the possibility of getting jacked by homeless criminals... please fly JETBLUE.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had a connecting flight scheduled on Jetblue from New York to Austin. After luggage checked, boarding pass issued, etc, the flight was canceled. I had to stand in line for 3 1/2 hours before I could speak to someone to book another flight. Jetblue said first available was 3 days later. I had to get a hotel room for three days, pay cab fare, etc. Jetblue would offer NO compensation, but said "we are not going to charge you for changing flights"!! This was without a doubt the worst experience I have had with any airline.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The worst airline and even more horrible customer service. Traveling with my son and luggage is hard enough...especially when the airline admits to dropping your full size stroller and giving you a cheap barely functional umbrella stroller as a "loaner." I was told by multiple JetBlue employees that I would get a replacement but now I am told I would get the wheel replaced. The entire stroller is broken to include the wheel, the frame, the fabric is torn and filthy. I am disgusted on how they are handling this situation -- not to mention I had to call them twice after being told someone would call me twice.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Travelled JetBlue airlines via JFK airport on 8/14/18. Upon arrival at 6am there were computerized check-ins very few navigator reps to assist with the confusion. After standing around for approximately 20 mins there was 1 rep that assisted us family of 5 with our questions. At the completion of computerized check in we had to go to check in under age kids in another long line. Line rep was asked a question. Female rep provided no eye contact only pointed. Second line female rep in area advised us to step off line after patiently waiting when granddaughter started feeling nauseous. When advising female rep time is fading we fear losing our flight we refuse to leave line. Finally she assisted us by relocating us to front of line. Next long line for screening, female TSA rep was obnoxious, rude and unprofessional when providing all IDs with paper check In for us family of 5. She tossed us to another male rep who was nicer.

Passed screening. Now waiting for plane to board. Last minute gate was changed from 13 to 27. JetBlue attendant made announcement which was very low and distorted. Gate change was heard as going to San Juan, PR never said mentioning Aguadilla, PR. We waited until 815am and inquired. Still waiting at gate 13. Attendant stated we missed flight. Not knowing what to do attendant sent us to customer service to change flight. Another flight couldn’t be given until midnight next day 8/15/18 losing 1 day of vacation. Flight attendants was the only service that was satisfactory.

Jetblue expert review by Erika Armstrong

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.

• Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.

• Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.

• Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.

• Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.

• Best for: Business travelers and frequent fliers looking for a flexible rewards program and unique services.

Profile picture of Erika Armstrong
Erika Armstrong Airlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Jetblue Company Information