Jetblue

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The plane was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, beverages selection and snack selection was good added cost for other boxed snacks. Not crazy expensive. Airport accommodations for the terminal were nice. Clean and a good selection of stores. Take off and landing was on time. Loading the plane was cumbersome. There was an issue with a passenger that seem to hold up the plane loading. The TVs need to be upgraded and the headphone jacks need to be repaired.

Jetblue looking to become the next United. Horrible flight experience where they closed the gate on two women who had confirmed boarding passes because they were in the bathroom. For a delayed flight that ended up taking off 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. There were empty seats on flight. They would not open the door for them. I refused to sit for takeoff. While we waited they did open the door to let a random stand-by passenger on to take my colleagues seat. Jetblue reasoning paperwork was closed. Why did this other woman get on? She had a seat - SO DID MY COLLEAGUES. Jetblue’s approach, call the police on me because I was delaying the flight, rather than accommodate paying passengers with confirmed seats. I emailed customer service and they basically said, “Too bad, we stand by our crew members (more than we care about our passengers).”

On Monday May 1st 2017 I boarded my plane heading to Salt Lake City from Long Beach. The flight I boarded was flight #2132 that left at 8:23 PM. After the plane was boarded they announced there was an electrical issue with the plane and that plane would no longer be able to leave. I was seated on the very last row (Row 25) in the aisle seat. When they announced that the flight would not be leaving any longer I pulled my phone out to communicate to my father that we wouldn't be making it home. I took a photo of myself and was getting ready to send it to my Father.

Moment later the flight attendant (Woman) came screaming up to me demanding that she see the photo I took. I was caught off guard and was confused why she insisted on seeing the photo, I wasn't happy about doing so but I proceeded to show her the photo. Come to find out she was in the background of the photo. In A very disrespectful manner she then told me I would need to delete the photo because she didn't consent to a photo of her being taken. I explained to her that I was not taking a photo of her. She did happen to be in the background. I then deleted the photo like she asked and went on to leave the flight. When I went to board our delayed flight two hours later my ticket didn't scan, a manager pulled me aside and told me that the flight attendant filed a complaint and that I would not be allowed to take the flight. I was forced to miss the flight and was forced to take the flight the next morning which caused me to miss the whole day of work.

It is absolutely absurd that this flight attendant would file a complaint against me using my own phone to take a photo. She thought I was going to post it to social media. I deleted it when she asked me to and she still had the audacity to kick me off the next flight. In this day and age there are so many horrible stories of customers being wrongfully by flight attendants and other various employees and I will not tolerate it. I will not be flying Jetblue again in the future and will pass this horrible experience along to everybody that I know.

Horrendous customer service and nonexistent accountability and leadership culture. This airline has stolen and breached consumer privacy, purposely overbooked and displaced passengers and apparently this is so common as to make it a regular business practice. Here's my latest experience with Jetscrew. Flying from San Diego to Buffalo, connecting through JFK. Flight from San Diego to leave at 1 pm. The morning of I get a text that the flight won't be leaving until 3:20. Land in JFK and my connecting flight has left as have the flights for about 500 people. Agent at the gate denied assistance and promptly disappeared. Mind you this is Jetblue's flagship terminal at JFK, also home of their company headquarters.

We land at 12:30 a.m., all these people displaced and missing flights, not a single customer service agent available and only people in the bags dept... Those employees can't won't help you and will lie just to get you to stop asking questions. Everyone says call the 1800 number, first call I get told to talk to the people at the airport. Baggage people say call the number, 2nd call they will rebook ok. Rebooked for a flight six hours later. Sleep in terminal. No hotel. No nothing. The reason for the delays, air traffic control, runway construction, weather, everyone of those a lie. But the reasons are specific because if they tell you that they run their booking software to do this on purpose so they maximize their profits, that is illegal.

So, after listening to the agents lie, tell people to different reasons for the same flight being delayed and they have absolutely no motivation to solve the problem, but you can see that they know exactly how to disappear so that people just give up and manage the costs of the delay themselves. Renting cars, etc... The kicker they rebook on the phone but when you go to get the boarding pass they make you pay extra for the seat. Then the 6:00 a. m flight to Buffalo they are rebooking because again same deal. This airline is, has, and will continue to be a garbage airline until they have a massive leadership change.

As I'm undergoing this nonsense, listening to ever more absurd fibbing by the airline, I decide to take a running poll of the people that work in the terminal. They will tell you exactly what I just recounted. I asked how often does this happen? Answer - a lot. What does that mean? 1x-2x a week? The employees say "all the time". What does that mean? That was the answers I got. No one would say how often but, I gathered that all the time means more than 2x a week. The best part is they have the gall to rewrite their terms and conditions, so that when you buy a ticket you are forced to agree that you are willing to have the airline screw you. The lying is what drives me nuts, that is willful fraud. So, since I have time I look up JetBlue class action lawsuits. What do you know, this airline has been doing this for years and they have gotten away with it so it continues. Same pattern and practice, same lies, same horrible customer service. Disgusted.

On April 27, 2017 traveling from Florida to New York on JetBlue was the worst experience ever. My flight was at 3:18pm and they delayed it all the way to 9pm. Mind you when I got here at 1:30 I had to stop at Burger King and feed my kids which cost me 30 dollars. So when the flight got delayed I notice people were getting accommodated on a different flight but not going my way. So I asked the lady at the front desk if there is anyway of them accommodating me with a voucher to feed my kids later and I was suppose to be at a sports event by 8pm and they don't provide food on the plane as it is. She came at me with an attitude stating that is not her problem and for me to take a seat. I then asked her can I speak with her supervisor. She rolled her eyes was when I asked her what's her attitude. She called a man named Leroy. This is at Florida airport-mco who was no help at all.

While I explain how rude she was she turned and snapped at me stating, "You can be removed or go take another flight." When I turned to her I told her, "Make me." Instead of her supervisor reprimanding her he then tells me I need to be quiet or "I will have you removed." I told him, "You have rude workers who I refused to let them speak to me in that manner. What you need to do is check your workers." Jetblue is no longer my airline. I'm going back to American Airlines or Delta. I strongly recommend this airline to teach their workers about customer service, accommodated their customers with better service and get better planes. The ride to Florida was delayed and was shaking all the way there. Now heading to New York it's been 5 hour delay. This is insane. I'm traveling with 3 kids and they don't care so from now on NO MORE JETBLUE. WORST AIRLINE EVER!!! - A very unsatisfied customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Jetblue has TV in front of each seat, free movies, free wifi, good free snacks, comfortable seats. If you have a Jetblue Credit Card (No annual fee) onboard purchases of food, beer, wine, blanket, headset, are 1/2 price. If you need to change a flight, however, there is a $150 change fee.

Flight 2509 from JFK on April 7 2017 was canceled saying it was due to weather. I kept looking at the weather app to understand where the severe weather condition was at the cause a flight to cancel. The fact that it was cancel and they decide to accommodate me to a flight on Sunday is making lose two days when I had to go for a family event that started the next. They of course only offer me my return money but would not help me find a flight on another airline. To make matter worst Jetblue had the 11:50 pm which was the next flight to the same destination leaving on time with no delay. Why they completely cancel that flight only and not other airlines was not grounded on JFK for same reason. Putting me on a Sunday flight not giving a discount so could be able to fly in the future or try to negotiate with other airlines.

Jetblue was not right in doing this change of giving me a 48 hr flight as their next flight for something that I did not cause is horrible. This airline charges for bags. No food on all international flights and delays even after them having their own terminal. I'm certainly not flying Jetblue anymore. This has been the worst experience with them and is very unacceptable. I'm very annoyed and dissatisfied long time client with Jetblue. I would rather go with Delta than fly with this unprofessional airline.

I tried contacting JetBlue before writing this, but their contact page does not display a valid e-mail address for customer complaints. In short, I attempted to ask the lead flight attendant a question about unfair treatment to passengers. The attendant could not hear me so I decided that I would contact them after the flight as to not disrupt others, I asked the attendant not to worry about it. She continued to raise her voice at me, until I finally asked her to please move on and forget about it. This made her extremely upset, she yelled at me during an overnight flight because I did not want to raise my voice. She walked away and returned two minutes later, while I was trying to fall asleep, and exclaimed "I solved the mystery!"

At that point I was speechless and listened to her as she went on a loud rampage that did not answer my question. She deliberately came back to my seat to start a scene and the mystery comment is plain ridiculous and will not help deescalate situations. I agreed with her because her stance was very threatening and she was yelling at me once again. I felt uncomfortable and scared being verbally abused while flying by myself, by the person that I trusted to be knowledgeable. Then she made an announcement that it was 7:45 pm, when the Sun was just coming up. Passengers laughed but she did not correct herself.

I also observed another flight attendant verbally abuse another woman of color that was carrying with her baby and wanted her other child to sit by her. After being extremely hostile to her, he added "so no more moving", which is unprofessional and a disrespectful way to talk to an adult that has paid to have an at least acceptable flight experience. I am questioning the sobriety and mental clarity of this crew, as their reactions were so exaggerated and overly defensive. I understand that customers are annoying a lot of the time, but I felt like I was the one trying to calm the flight attendant down. I was also not offered the complimentary snack. I will not be traveling with this company again, and will file a formal complaint with DOT if JetBlue does not attempt to contact me. This happened on flight 602 Phoenix-Boston on 4-7-17.

I am Louise **. I am 86 soon to be 87 on April 9th grandmother of 13 grandchildren. I live in Florida and on numerous occasions travel to the West Coast (San Francisco) to visit my son, his wife, and children. I like to fly JetBlue because it is a direct flight and I have always had a good experience. Today I had a very upsetting experience with a JetBlue employee. Let me also mention that I am handicapped and must use a wheelchair to board and to deplane. I had one regulation suitcase I carried on. I also had my purse and my knitting bag which contained my glasses my medicines, and my lunch.

I was asked to check in my small bag the size of a small tote. I tried to explain to her that I needed my personal bag and it wasn't a question of the $25 but her rude attitude. She wouldn't even listen to me. I complied with her request but was quite upset the whole trip. I am writing to you to please have your employees take sensitivity seminars and try to handle each case on an individual basis. Thank you for listening to my complaint.

During the month of February 2016, I went to St. Lucia and returned a week later. As always, I called JetBlue Customer Service, shared my confirmation code and dates of my flight in order to receive my TrueBlue points for the flights. The representative took the information and told me that I received 938 points for each flight and asked me if there is anything else she can help me with. Well I took the rep's word for it, not knowing that I can check behind her. Well here it is 13 months later when I had to call JetBlue to cancel a one way flight (cancellation fee 90 dollars for a 174 dollar ticket).

While on hold I decided to look at my profile and flight history and noticed that my departing flight in February 2016 was missing. After speaking to the rep, I inquired on my TrueBlue points and learned that I did not receive TrueBlue points for my departing flight, only the returning flight. I gave them my confirmation code but they said its too late to give me credit because more than a year has passed. Well that is not my fault if I called it in and the rep forgot to give me credit for the departing flight. It is obvious that I called because I received points for the returning flight. I have flown with JetBlue for more than 10 years and I am extremely disappointed with how they handled this matter. When the customer makes a mistake or cancels, we have to pay a penalty, yet when JetBlue makes a mistake we receive NO COMPENSATION.

I am very disappointed with this company because they would not allow me to take my brake pads on the plane to my cousin in the Bahamas, as so they told me I would need to call the 800 number to get a refund. After calling the 800 number, I was told that since the airport did not put any notes in the computer, The only thing they could do was issue me a $35 credit. Who the hell says I want to fly on Jetblue again after all of the crap I've been through? Not to mention they sent me a text and email saying that my return flight was cancelled. Then that night after I ended up going to the airport to see if I can catch an earlier flight, the idiots send an apology email saying the cancellation was sent in error. Too many stupid mistakes for me. I cannot deal with mistakes and stupidity from any company!!!

Flight 1118 delay is evening. The crew kept saying weather in New York but my weather app says different, my wife at home says different and also video chat back to New York shows different. Three hours and to send flight delays due to weather. JetBlue crew comes back and tell us it may be a mechanical issue as well. JetBlue me to fix this. This is horrible. I am disabled sitting in the airport at least see Charlotte Douglas Airport and I also found out TSA closes so what is a person supposed to do. I feel like I'm kidding and I'm being held hostage. To make sure it's my business never to fly JetBlue again. I'm uncomfortable and dissatisfied. Horrible situation for bereavement family.

The plane design is not friendly. Not sure why they did it? I keep pressing my right side passenger video control as it is on the armrest. Unbelievable. I just came from Delta and they served some food and drink. But this Jetblue flight for 6 hours from SFO to JFK is pathetic. Will never book here.

Flight on 1/27 5 pm from Aruba to JFK: It was a horrible experience. The aircraft was extremely old, felt like it was 100 years old and it can fall apart. Everything looked ripped and broken, dirty and filthy, very worn out and overused. The minute people got on the plane, everybody got very nervous and concerned of the idea of flying on this old thing. The plane was making very loud noises before taking off once we were driving to the runway. The service was very poor, the flight attendants looked and sounded very frustrated and unprofessional. In the beginning of the flight, they said that they will offer a complimentary coffee, but they never did through the entire 4.5 hr flight. They only passed one time offering the soda and juice in the very beginning of the flight and then we didn't even see them for 4 hours straight. They were sitting back.

Once I got up asking for a cup of coffee, the flight attendant shouted back 'no time for coffee no more, we are landing soon'. The TVs weren't working most of the flight. They showed one very old movie with every 15 minutes interactions and connection issues. Nobody bothered to complain because people were very nervous through the entire flight hoping that they will arrive safely. And I must add, it's just that flight that was horrible. When we fly a week earlier from JFK to Aruba, the flight was great! The plane was new, the service was excellent. So, JetBlue, please overlook the flight 1058 on 1/27 5 pm. The crew and the aircraft needs to be changed. Thanks.

The domestic first flight TPA to JFK was serviced by Jetblue in cooperation with EgyptAir. Jetblue airport crew on TPA ripped us off with $2600 on our credit card for extra baggage fees that are not disclosed anywhere in their website and doesn't match what Jetblue or EgyptAir confirmed when we called prior to flight. When I tried to complain they called the Police for me. When Police came he told crew manager that I wasn't doing anything against the law and asked if any charges will be refunded but unfortunately when I came back I found $2600 charge on my credit card.

Jetblue have treated me like a criminal when only I was asking not to overcharge me. I guess they thought I am not worthy or dangerous cause I am from and traveling to Middle East. It was a horrible experience and I will dispute those charges that I didn't even sign for or authorize and will take it all the way to court if needed. Will never fly Jetblue again.

This is a review of the airline not the flight as I was not allowed to fly. I had an 8 AM flight to San Fran in their version of Business Class, Mint. When I tried to check-in online it would not allow me so I went to the airport and at the kiosk I was also told to see someone. I stood in line for 30 minutes and was refused a ticket despite having paid for the ticket in advance on my frequent flyer account on JetBlue site.

I had a charge from JetBlue on a previous family trip that I was disputing with my credit card company as fraudulent. Although I had not received notice it appears the credit card company agreed that the charges were fraudulent and reversed the charges. Despite selling me a ticket JetBlue would not let me get a boarding ticket without paying the fraudulent charges that were in dispute. The shift supervisor, Jillian, said that I could not do anything but pay and that there was no one else to talk to about it. In short I missed my flight and had to rebook on a real carrier later, and missed important meetings. Very unprofessional and despicable that they would book a ticket and not honor the transaction with no notice otherwise!

I had a flight that was delayed over 2 1/2 hours, not only was the flight attendants spacey and not focused they were a little rude. First time flying and last time flying. I could get better service from a pack of wild boars.

When you pay extra to get a better service and be on time seems like this is not the case since JetBlue delayed their flight over an hour. On top of that I was given a seat next to an exit door with no windows. Also I’m carrying my Xbox console worth 600 in a bag saying I cannot have the bag in between my legs. When I turned to my right I see a gentleman with a huge backpack between his legs. When I present that to the flight attendant she argues with me back and deny that stating that he had it away before airplane took off. When her coworker came to me because she told her that she can’t deal with me I’m like I just want my bag and she was all in my face. I’m taking this to the news and lawsuit. This ghetto low-pay disrespectful individuals ruin my vacation for no reason.

JetBlue is my airline of choice because of its availability and cost. I never fly longer than a half hour to hour to get to my destinations. I travel only during the week and it's for pleasure. The stewards are always very kind.

Simply the best airline this country has to offer, bar none. Been flying JetBlue for at least 12 years and have had few issues to report although there have been some. My last flight with Delta was nightmare, and American Airlines was average at best.

I took a Jetblue flight out of JAX with my 3 children. We each had a carry-on and when we got to the plane door the crew member told the guy in front of me that there was no more room in the overheads for his bag and that it had to be checked. He complained and he was singled out to be removed from the plane with his child. I also said it was not fair that we had to check our bags but complied. When I got in the plane the overheads were empty except for passengers' jackets. This guy lied to us and he had the other passenger removed from the flight. It was a horrible experience and unfair since I paid for a ticket and was allowed one carry-on. I had to wait 35 minutes at baggage claim and 30 more minutes while Jetblue removed the other passenger and his child. Jetblue should not allow people to put jackets in the overhead and then tell people they can't bring a carry-on. Never fly Jetblue again.

Not as good as they used to be but still very customer-oriented. Booking is easy, communication is good, personnel friendly and helpful. Rewards program a little confusing. They should go back to first bag is free policy.

I bought my ticket mid-Dec. for a flight Dec. 30th as it was an emergency visit to Trinidad. I checked in online 24 hours on the 29th. I got to the airport at 9 am for a 10:30 am flight. I got my boarding pass and the kiosk and after waiting 10 mins in line to drop off my check-in, they said I need a bag tag. Went back to the kiosk, they said I needed to go to special services. When to special services, waited in another line and by the time got to the front which was 9:31 am they said I missed my flight. Bags must checked in 60 mins prior. Now I'm going to be on the next flight which is 10 pm. Absolutely ridiculous! I'll never use Jetblue again.

This airline has good schedule, good at airport service, and comfortable seats. When I arrive at the airport I just requested a wheelchair and immediately a guy came with wheelchair, and help me with everything I needed. They even help me boarding the plane. The seats are more comfortable than other airlines I had travel with and the assistants are very nice. Any problem with the schedule they are very helpful to resolve it. I really like this airline.

Love JetBlue! Travel from Burbank, CA to JFK, NY. Easy boarding experience. Friendly, efficient ground crew. On time performance, good variety of snacks. Flight crew friendly and efficient. I try to fly JetBlue whenever I can.

JetBlue is always a wonderful experience! You are given a designated seat and that is your seat. They are very organized. I would highly recommend JetBlue to anyone looking for an airlines that treats their customers with respect.

I had a flight from Detroit to Boston yesterday on Dec 25th, 7:15 P.M. through Jetblue flight number 6030. As this flight was delayed for 30 mins, Jetblue manager at Detroit Mr. ** said he is going to re-book all our tickets on different dates as it was impossible for us (70 passengers) to catch the Fly emirates flight at 10:20 P.M., even though we had 30 mins layover time left at Boston.

Now at Detroit he said we can rebook the tickets over phone calling Jetblue or over the counter. When I called them over phone, an agent picked up and said she could get me tickets till Kochi, India through an another flight from Boston which would be possible only if we board this flight from Detroit to Boston. But Mr. ** shut the door upon us and did not allow us to board the Boston flight from Detroit saying our original tickets were canceled already. It was very frustrating yesterday and now they have re-booked tickets two days after my original itinerary and there are few people who need to spend more on tickets again to reach India on a delayed date. Jetblue is least cared about this issue and they blame Fly Emirates for this and vice versa. We totally demand compensation for their irresponsible behavior and delay in flights that is costing us more money and time.

I only used JetBlue once and was very impressed... leaving & arriving on schedule. Seats were very close but realize other airlines have the same problem. When you are short and find it uncomfortable imagine my husband who is 6'3".

JetBlue is one of the better airlines. Their prices are usually lower than others, their flight times are good, their planes are comfortable, their flight staff is usually friendly and helpful, and they give snacks.

I purchased the tickets for my son to travel on 12/17 from Boston to Ho Chi Minh City: flights B6 2917/CI 21/CI 781 (Jetblue/China Air). Because of Jetblue flight delayed 3 hours, my son was unable to transfer to China Air in NY. Now he had to wait about 2 days to flights to HCM city on 12/19 flights: 457/818/903 (Jetblue/Air China (Boston/Washington/Beijing)). 2 days delay is unacceptable, he missed his tour for about 2 days and we have to pay 2 days hotels and tour. Jetblue should offer him business or first class at the discount rate so he could transfer on time, time is valuable. Both Jetblue and China Air are jointly liable, it appeared. No one cares economy class but 90% customers travel at economy class. I feel we are being rip off, pay the price of 12/17 and travel on 13/19. I really appreciate if you can arrange for him to travel earlier than 12/19.

Expert Review

Erika ArmstrongAirlines Contributing Editor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.    More about Erika→

Founded in 1999, JetBlue has become known for innovation and leading-edge technologies. In 2013, they were the first airline to offer personal electronic device connection from gate to gate.

• Multiple destinations: JetBlue offers flights to and from airports across the U.S. and in Central and South America.
  • Partner airlines: For international travel outside of direct flight paths, JetBlue has 40 airline partners with worldwide destinations.
  • Plenty of entertainment: At every JetBlue seat passengers can enjoy 36 channels of live TV, helping to pass the travel time more quickly.
  • Rewards program: The TrueBlue rewards program offers point redemption with no blackout dates, and earned points never expire.
  • Stretch out: JetBlue offers the most leg room in coach for anyone flying economy class.
  • Best for Business travelers and frequent fliers looking for a flexible rewards program and unique services.

Compare Airlines