Jetblue

Jetblue Reviews

3.4/5 (725 ratings)

About Jetblue Reviews

Jetblue Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jetblue?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Our flight was delayed 8/6 by 3 hours due to JetBlue having no pilots. We missed our connecting flight to Aruba because of that. We were even told that they couldn’t purchase us new AA tickets which was the next available flight since JB was booked up the next 5 days. Not only did we have to pay out of pocket for a new flight but we lost $95.20 a night for 2 nights out of our Airbnb. We paid for our JB flights through JB with a JB elite visa Mastercard So please explain to me how a family of four on the same flight and same issues as us purchased their JetBlue trip through Travelocity and Hazel the supervisor was able to book the same AA flight on Monday for the 4 of them for no charge. Now we are fighting for our out of pocket expenses of $775.98 and JetBlue won’t do a thing to help us when it was their fault we missed our connecting flight we booked through them!

We were told our flight with American couldn’t be accommodated and on top of it we didn’t use JB courtesy two nights hotel since we stayed with friends while stuck in FLL and the family of 4 did take the two night stay. JetBlue has done nothing to rectify or help us. We lost 2 days of our trip and 2 nights at our Airbnb. It’s a disgrace how they treat their customers.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Number 1: NEVER use Paisley through JetBlue. Or at least check rates with outside companies. I Pay LESS than half for a rental car AND my hotel, than is quoted as a ‘savings/deal’ on the Paisley link that is sent automatically when one makes their reservation with JetBlue. I have been flying JetBlue for over four years, every month (yes during Covid, I purchased three seats to sit alone) and can honestly say maybe two cancellations due to weather, and leaving late, weather/ needed pilot.

My complaint is with the Las Vegas check in crew. RUDE and they have absolutely racially profiled customers. Not to me, but I have witnessed it first hand. The ONLY city I have witnessed it being done. DISGUSTING. They are actually rude to everyone. There are ‘some’ very, very rude flight attendants. Mainly the younger flight attendants. It happened to me in ‘Mint’ once and I was shocked. I simply requested something to eat that was on the menu, ‘we do not serve that’, ‘could you please check for me, it is the first item on the menu’. ‘We do NOT serve that’. Never saw him again. Mind you, there were two crew members for the eight people in Mint. I have seen ‘girls’ with uniforms on that looked like they had been slept in, messy hair and messed up attitudes. I wrote JetBlue a letter and they referred to me by the incorrect name. It seems small, but when you are made to feel small by certain crew members this slight only exasperates the situation and makes you wonder why did I waste my time.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I cancelled a flight within the appropriate timeline as stated on their site for a full refund. After receiving my refund I was then recharged by the airline for the cancelled flight. When trying to resolve this there is no help and the charge you a fee to talk to someone about the problem.

Original review: July 31, 2022

My whole family went on Vacation for the first time to Orlando/Disney. Kids and Grandkids. My daughter has had an issue getting a proper ID for the flights as the SS office won’t give appointments and DMV is by appointment… It wasn’t the airline's problem, however, on our return flight from Orlando back to New Jersey we encountered a woman who works for the TSA with whom was very unprofessional and very rude. We were the last to board our flight. Almost missed it because of this woman who couldn’t seem to do her job correctly and when I said something along the lines of this is a little ridiculous and we were going to miss our flight… her reply was ”what’s ridiculous is my daughter not having the proper ID.” Keep In mind my daughter is pregnant and has my two youngest grandchildren with her, ages 16 and 18 months.

They made us take everything we own out of baby carriages/bags like we were common criminals and then proceeded to pat us down!!! It was terrible! And then again when I said we’re going to miss the flight, her answer again to me was “well…there are other ways to travel.. Maybe you should have taken a bus.” She clearly did not care at all and I was appalled at her demeanor and overall rudeness! I chalked it up to the fact that she is just a bitter woman who doesn’t like her job and doesn’t know how to be a human being! I paid for the entire vacation for my kids and grandkids! 8 adults and 4 children! It was a lot of money and to be treated with such disrespect was inexcusable. Nevertheless, I will not be flying JetBlue anytime soon. J. **

Original review: July 26, 2022

Our flight with JetBlue to JFK was delayed by 2 hour, which made us miss our connecting flight with Turkish Airlines (July 16th 11pm), we had to get a hotel and food. When JetBlue associate rebooked us a new flight at 12.45pm on July 17, apparently they printed a ticket but didn't make a reservation so we could not board with Turkish Airlines at 12.45. This whole story is happening at JFK, me and my 9 year old had to run from Terminal 1 to Terminal 5 multiple times. Finally they book us a flight at 11pm July 17.

Our trip was absolutely ruined. Over 12 hours at JFK with a child, we arrived to Turkey the day later, all our appointments were canceled. On top of that they lost our luggage 2 times, on the way to Turkey and on the way back, they damaged our luggage and few items are missing. It was obvious that someone went through our stuff. Now when I'm contacting customer support to get reimbursement for the hotel and food, they refuse to reimburse and lady over the phone just hung up on me, no apologies what so ever. Super long wait time to get to customer service.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I will never make the mistake of booking a flight with this sham of an airline again. Booked through a travel agency because of price and flight options. They said it was fully refundable. They lied. After reading the simply awful reviews (should have done that first) I didn't want them to ruin our trip which I have every confidence would have happened. They lie to you about carry on bags, they lie about cancellations. They are the worst in the industry for flight cancellations and delays. They will just lie to you. Don't ever, ever fly with this airline.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Unlike almost every other airline, Jet Blue does not offer refunds on cancelations within 24-hours of making a reservation, unless the cancelation is at least seven days from departure. They will only give a credit. This is out of step with the industry. So hold onto your seats until just before departure, and cancel then. It amounts to the same thing. You will get a credit. Maybe then they'll follow industry norms and understand that giving refunds enables them to re-sell their seats.

They have created a lose-lose scenario. How dumb. They also do not offer a call-back service. They keep you on hold for a long time, repeating the same dumb message over and over again, while you're trying to get on with other things and live your life. This is invasive, selfish and disrespectful. I will never fly them again until they change these things.

Original review: July 17, 2022

Budget car rental in Cancun is very dishonest. Jetblue should never make reservations for their customer with this company. It is a Scam! Stay away please! They will try to rob you in any way that they can.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I was booking flights for my 2 kids and myself and was using some points (10%) to pay for my fare. I was prompted to apply for their CC so I can get a credit and bonus miles, and I did. I am a single mom going out of the country with my 2 kids for a summer vacation - and the benefits I thought I would get were significant ($250 credit +15K miles). From there everything went down south... The fare did not go on my new Blue CC because I just applied. I was told to put it on a different card, and once I receive it - they will transfer the charges to my new Blue card, as long as my trip doesn't start before, and I would get the benefits. I called to confirm this with the CC company as well as with JB customer service representatives and supervisors.

The 15K miles reward was suddenly questionable because I was paying with cash and points. I was upset and tried to separate the tickets - because they applied the combination to the entire fare - although it was covering one-way on one ticket. After talking for hours again with representatives and supervisors, I gave up the 15K miles and waited for my card to arrive.

NOW THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS.... Once I received my card, I called JB to transfer the charges. I was told that I cannot do that because the charges are a combination of points and miles – there goes my fare credit and bonus miles, which were the reason I applied for this card. I was shocked!!!! I was being LIED to! MY CREDIT WAS PULLED FOR NO REASON, but worse than that - they claimed that I was told that several times - which was bunch of **. I told them that I was told that I might not get the 15K miles, but it was never a question of transferring the charges. I asked to speak to a supervisor who claimed the same “according to the notes” and would not listen to me. I told them that I would like to speak to someone who can listen to the recording to confirm that these incompetent representatives provided lies and wrong information, but THERE WAS NO ONE TO TALK TO NOR LISTEN.

In fact, when I asked to speak to someone higher who can make some decisions, I was told “you can speak to another supervisor on the team, there is no one higher, and they will tell you the same – you are just going to go in circles”. And there you have the worse customer service I have ever seen! My boyfriend told me…."This is why I only fly American Airlines!" Now it is too late for me to book another flight as the prices got 25% higher as the trip date nears. What a terrible experience. I cancelled the new card – because there is also a $99 annual fee, and I was left with the most terrible taste – for how they handled me, for my credit being affected, and for all the hours I had spent on the phone being lied to. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: July 13, 2022

I called JetBlue because their site was experiencing problems (I was trying for three hours). During that time the price raised and that was my first annoyance. The rep attempted to book my ticket and charged my card MULTIPLE times. They then came back on and said they booked two of my 3 tickets and the one that they were unable to book was my 3 year old. So at this point I was livid. They charged my card so many times that there were 2200 dollars in pending chargings that the rep said "would eventually fall off". They could not book the ticket for my daughter unless I had another card. These idiots did not take responsibility for charging the card so many times and for creating a situation where my 3 year old could end up stranded in another country. I will spend all day writing reviews; I am so angry and upset.

Original review: July 4, 2022

Used to be my most favorite airline company, but not anymore. Reasons? Flight delay/cancelation had become more and more common. Had chance to chat with one of their own flight crew members who also felt desperate about the fact that each flight she was on that month had delays. Had chance to board and sit in an over-heated cabin for almost 2 hours at the Charlotte NC Airport in April without any water and eventually was kicked back to the waiting area simply because the local tech support crew forgot one critical task.

Was notified about canceled flight 30 mins before boarding time at Orlando Airport in May. My partner and myself were lucky to find alternate flight via another airline. The Boston guy in front us and several other Boston families had to stay at airport that night.. Was threatened by a gate agent in front of my 7 year old at Orlando Airport again in July. Called their so-called CRO or complaint resolution officials???? Waited 25 mins to get hold of a guy but was hanged up after 30 seconds even before I was able to complete my complaint filing. I was so pissed off so I decided to email directly to each of their executive office members this time in a hope that they can see it, or maybe not-:)

Original review: July 2, 2022

We have utilized JetBlue from the first year of its operation, I have had nothing but wonderful experiences. My family just came back from Charleston South Carolina after a week of vacation. I did not see one individual smile all the way down to the destination as a dealt with customers on board. We decided to take an earlier flight back and spent $50 to reschedule the flight. I was informed that I would be receiving a $200 credit for a future flight. However this was after I was on hold for over two hours trying to reach customer service. We have a choice to either wait on the phone or somebody will call you back and both times were identical.

24 hours before the flight I go online to get my tickets and lo and behold all the seats are booked except for the ones which will cost us money to sit in. So then I got hit with an additional $80 charge because they do not help you with seat selection, just change your flight for $50 for two people and you were on your own. So once again I had to put on my credit card and Jet Blue managed to get back almost all of my credit.

On the flight home, One steward was very helpful in lifting our baggage to the overhead compartment but the individual who gave out snacks and drinks not one smile. It would also help with customer service was USA based as tire travelers do not want to deal with communication issues, while the Company is obviously up to make a dollar, my God things have deteriorated. Thursday such pride in working for JetBlue And it resonated in its employees, they can have my credit, we’re going to another airline-.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Originally I bought tickets for my father to pick up his mother in Puerto Rico and bring her back for care here in the mainland US. She then contracted sickness suddenly and I had to make quite a few changes to the itineraries such as adding my mother to go with my father as he needs assistance with his own health issues and he would probably now need to stay more than a week. Also cancelling my grandmother's ticket. Even with knowing my grandmother might be passing, they refused to give me any kind of discount. Then my grandmother did finally pass, and I needed to make more changes. More refusals for discounts and the attention very nonchalant with the same canned “sorry for your loss but…” I get it, you’re tired and you want to go home and I must have been the thousand customer of the day with a stressful situation.

I’m upset with the way things were handled and instead of spending my original $600 something, with all these changes with my grandmothers passing, I ended up spending over 1,400 dollars. JetBlue does not care about your situation or how much you have spent, they are more concerned with squeezing you for every last penny regardless. I will not forget the way JetBlue helped me during this difficult time in my life. My parents are retired and I’m unmarried so no dual income. I am eating all these costs with zero help.

And like I said, the original plan was for my father to bring my grandmother. I made additional purchases in expecting my grandmother such as switching my couch with a new sofa bed, so I am monetarily and emotionally spent and although this last part has nothing to do with JetBlue, I am upset of the nonchalant way JetBlue offered me customer service. Not even a ten percent discount. When I complained to an agent, he referred me to the very same webpage I had been using. No care at all to even pay attention to what I was saying, just trying to get to the next customer. I will never forget this, especially for the next time I ever have to book any kind of travel.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I was a dedicated Jetblue customer until now. I book several family vacations via Jetblue even though they are a little bit more expensive. On 6/27, I checked in on a Jetblue flight and noticed that I cannot take a carry-on with me because I booked a "Jetblue basic flight". I called and waited about 75 minutes on the phone to speak with someone. I asked about paying to take a single carry-on for two of us on the flight and the rep told me that I must pay an extra $64 per passenger in order to do that. I pointed out to him I have zero fee for my first checked bags for me and my spouse because I hold two Jetblue cards, and I have religiously use Jetblue for all my family vacations over several years and all I am asking is to be able to take a single carry-on for myself and spouse on board. The rep put me on hold for another 20 minutes to consult his supervisor.

At 12:10 am on 6/28, he came back with the response "NO". I told him to direct me to an email or place where I can log my complaint because this is a no brainer commonsense decision. He asked me to hold and after 10 min, simply hang-up. I think Jetblue supervisors have their heads in the sand when it comes to customer service. I simply want to tell Jetblue this; "Jetblue, you have lost 4 dedicated customers along with two more sets of 4 customers that go on family vacations with me because you buried your head in the sand and throw common sense out the window. I already have an international trip booked with you along with a party of 8 in a few weeks and that will be the last I will ever use Jetblue".

Original review: June 20, 2022

I took JetBlue for the first time on June 10 from Burbank airport to JFK and the flight was a nightmare. The flight was scheduled to leave Burbank airport at 1:45 PM, but did not leave until 5:30 PM. The flight crew was communicating that issue was they were not able to fill the airplane with fuel to get us to New York due to the airplane engine issue and therefore they had to figure out a different route where they can stop by to fill the airplane. The time to fuel the plane was also expected to be 30 minutes however it did not leave the airport for another hour and a half to two hours. During this time, there were multiple passages that have had flew with Jet Blue in the past were receiving email letting them know that their account will be credited for the delay.

Since this is my first time flying with Jet Blue, I did not have an account and therefore did not receive an email however I called Jet Blue to let them know about the delay and ask for a compensation. The person I spoke to on the phone informed me that the issue was whether and therefore out of Jet Blue’s control so they cannot issue credit or any sort of compensation. I was very shocked and disappointed by the fact that the airline did not document the actual reason why there was a delay on this flight to avoid any compensation or credit to their passengers. It was the worst experience I’ve ever had and will never ever use this airline again!

Original review: June 17, 2022

We had a flight scheduled for 7:30 pm. Received a notification about 3 pm that the flight would be delayed but we should still show up early as it may change. We arrived at 5:30 pm. About 9 hours later with receiving only false information from the agent, our flight was ultimately cancelled after 2 AM. Attempts to learn information about the flight, alternative flights or any accommodations were deliberately ignored. All plans for the trip were thus destroyed. Attempts to reach customer service were greeted with a minimum of 155 minute wait times both immediately and when attempted during normal business hours. In my 60 years plus on this earth I have never experience such apathy from a company. It should be illegal how they treat customers.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Fly to Havana, Cuba supposed to depart 12:21 pm, delayed, an hour seated in the plane and nobody gave an explanation, there is no more respect to clients, there is no air company right now that respect clients time

Original review: June 15, 2022

I had a flight from Boston to Washington DC. This flight whose scheduled departure time was June 2, 8:00 pm, was delayed due to the delay in the arrival of the previous flight, which is understandable. Although the previous flight arrived 8:45 PM, this flight was scheduled for 10:30 because there was a last minute pilot change and the assigned pilot didn't check-in on time. Then the pilot arrived at 9 PM and boarding was done by 9:30, but flight was pushed out of gate and stranded for another hour because paperwork was not done.

Finally, they started flying at 10:40. Then flight arrived before midnight but again stopped for another 15 minutes before arriving to gate saying no gate is available. When we offboard the flight found the airport (Reagan - DCA) is almost closed, hardly any people in the airport, so no gate is available is result of mismanagement. I had a car rental from Dollar but when we reached there at 12:45 AM, found they are already closed, luckily Avis was open and got a car paying hefty price of $500 for a 4-day rental for a midsize sedan. I demand JetBlue should compensate for this.

Original review: June 14, 2022

My husband and I were on flight 108 coming from Montego Bay into Newark on 6/12/22. One of the flight crew was extremely rude to us during flight. Everything came with an attitude, a face, or an unnecessary remark. Finally my husband gets up to use the rest room and has his phone in his and and the woman turns and say “you are taking pictures of me!” He was not. He quickly showed her his phone so she could feel comfortable. And her reply was “Good. I thought so”. Feeling Offended he says “that would be very weird if I took a pic of you" and she said “there are a lot of weird people here”. Not sorry, not "I wasn’t trying to accuse you Of something."

Original review: June 13, 2022

Where to begin... This is the most incompetent, uncommunicative, biasé rude airline I have flown. First, we almost missed our flight without gate change notification. Luckily my husband check to see if it had been changed after we went to the gate we were told. We rushed to catch our flight and the guy checking us in (Jing) was very rude and told us along with several other passengers that since we paid for cheaper tickets we had to pay 65 dollars to check our carry ons in. He was very rude!

I can’t believe this company would make people pay more after finding resonance tickets online. I really hope I can contact someone in regards to this. It happened in Boston. I hate complaining but he was so rude and a matter of fact. I have never heard of a flight making you pay extra for carry on because you didn’t pay for for you ticket. Delta was excellent flying into Maine. They even allowed us to check in our carry-on with no fee. This is why People do not want to travel and it’s terrible customer service. The economy is awful and we are doing all we can to support. Jetblue will be the ones to destroy the economy if they keep this up.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I purchase a ticket to Boston leaving on 9/30 today. Credit card was charged and everything. However, when I received my email confirmation it showed a different departure date 10/1. At first, I thought it was my mistake so I canceled, as my right within the first 24 hours, and re-booked my flight. This time paying extra attention to the dates. Then the same thing happened so I now know it's something on their end. When I called customer service they tried to charge me more for the flight I paid for and when I said no, they refused to give me a full refund. Knowing that I can just cancel online (again 24 hr.), since I just did it like 30 mins prior, I just canceled that way. But that is not the point, the attempted deception on the part of their reps and the "bait and switch" is what is troubling to me.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Booked a flight roundtrip EWR to LAX on Jetblue. Browser had stuck on the wrong return date and I quickly realized and changed the date in less than 30 mins on their site. Quickly contacted support but they refuse to refund the $100 fee to change date. Predatory profiteering for a simple mistake.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Where to begin... This is the most incompetent, uncommunicative, blasé, rude, trashy, not caring airline I’ve ever flown in (worse than Spirit). They lost my luggage and the whole process has been ridiculous. It first started when my luggage was not on the carousel and I got yelled at by some trashy lady for daring to inquire about my luggage. She writes down my info and somehow she didn’t. This happened 6 days ago and I’ve literally had to call every day (1-1.5 hr waiting time) to first: find out they didn’t even enter the final destination address, had no idea where my luggage was for days, get a tracking number, etc. Just a real crappy airline with really crappy employees. They just don’t care about you.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I booked a flight two weeks ago with JetBlue. Toady I received a call that my original flight out of Philadelphia will not make it in time to the connecting flight in Boston. They give options that will cost me at least $350. I could catch a flight the day before and stay at a hotel in Boston at my expense the day before and catch a flight to Charleston or I can book a flight with another airline and they would credit the flight. Yes they will credit the outgoing flight to a non refundable vacation account. Not get my money back, An account which I will never use as I will never book a flight with JetBlue again. I cannot believe that they are able to run a business this way. Being held hostage.

Original review: June 3, 2022

JetBlue does not care about the disabled and the elderly. I traveled with my elderly mom and two kids. JetBlue was not accommodating at all for the elderly and for the disabled. It was extremely horrible experience.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I fly a lot, and even in third world situations, which I've experienced a lot, the service was better. The flight is so far 5 hours and 10 minutes late late, and we're still not flying. An entire plane is driving back to fill up gas. Yes, yes, they don't have enough gas. In the last 5.5 hours the excuses were many. For the 1st hour it was "lightning". Then they said: "we'll be honest with you, one crew member is sick and we need to find a new crew member to replace her" then yet a different excuse: "We have technical problems with the aircraft and they're replacing to a new aircraft" (so... "we'll be honest with you" meant what? It wasn't actually the lightning? Unbelievable). Then: "We're sorry, we need to change the gate". Now we need more gas... What else can't you do, JetBlue?

So now, 1:35 am, after a 5 hours and 10 minutes delay already, an entire aircraft is having our night and our day tomorrow ruined, because jetblue just can't do what they claim they can do, which is simply fly an airplane. Will jetblue pay me because I'm losing work tomorrow because of them? Why should I pay for a ticket, and then lose work because of them just being a horrible company? They should pay all of this aircraft our money back. What am I paying for??? Never again will I fly with them. Neither should you. It's better to change your dates even. Anything, just don't give money to jetblue who takes your money to do something they obviously have no clue how to do - get planes that actually work, get enough gas, leave on time, you know, the basics... Just a baaaaaad experience. Never again will I fly with them! I'd give them 0 stars if I could. Horrible experience.

Original review: May 29, 2022

If I could have left zero stars, I would have. Yesterday, JetBlue cancelled a connecting flight (flight B6 1019) for our niece, who is only 17 (and considered a minor by the United States government) and was traveling alone. We were only given 2 hours notice, which was not enough time to find flights on other airlines. They refused to put her on a different airline and only offered her a flight for Monday, which would have been 48 hours later. That meant they were perfectly comfortable forcing a 17 year old girl to be stranded at an airport in a state where she knew no one for 48 hours. They did not care if she slept or ate, or that she was scared and alone, and did not consider what could happen to her during that time.

We texted with three different customer service representatives, Carmen, Maria, and Davion, and spoke to Anthony, the customer service representative who was at the JetBlue desk in JFK, all of which were rude and offered no solutions other than the Monday flight. Her parents ended up having to book her a different flight on American Airlines to get her back home. This severe neglect of a minor is inexcusable. I want other people to know about the treatment of children between the ages of 14-17 so that they do NOT book JetBlue flights for their children and do not have to go through what our family went through.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Do yourself a favor and listen to all of the bad reviews you see for this airline – especially from recently. Every review from the past few months outlines the exact same issue we had with Jetblue this week. We've had a horrible experience and so have many others, so heed the warnings now before you choose this airline. Girlfriend and I decided to take a trip to Fort Lauderdale from Newark, NJ. First red flag was our departing flight that they pushed from 10am to 6am about two weeks before the trip. Inconvenient, but not a huge deal. We accommodated it fine. Wish we would've had a little more of a heads-up, but things happen.

The problem really came on our returning flight. Reported some bad weather back in the Newark area, with Jetblue sending us an email that the flight was still active and it was unlikely that it would be moved or canceled. Flight was supposed to leave at 8pm. No worries, we kept our eye on it. Checkout for our room was at 11am. 10 minutes before room service came knocking on our door to kick us out of the room, I check our flight status and find it canceled. Not only was it canceled, but there were no other flights for the day for the entire area, not for Newark, and the next nearest airport they had was over two hours away from home.

Bad timing, but again, things happen. REALLY would've wished for more of a heads-up, considering the weather had been predicting storms the day of our return for the whole week. Called the airline for support, trying to desperately move our flight that we waived – they hadn't updated our flight in over an hour after the cancellation. Wait time for the call itself was over 2 hours, which is already ridiculous given the time crunch we were in to find another way home. Panicked and trying to fix the situation, we were met with decent service over the phone with the guy moving our flight to the next day (as it was the only one for Newark and for our area).

The problem REALLY came when we went to make a last-minute booking at our hotel following the inconvenience of the cancellation. When we called the airline again to ask for any possible reimbursement or compensation for our hotel room that we had no choice but to book another night for, we were met with an attitude and a completely unaccommodating employee that begrudgingly told us that there wasn't anything they could do, and they were not legally required to compensate for any overnight stays following cancellations. Guess we should've figured they didn't care quite at all, considering the disclaimer on their website already warns you that you're screwed on your own if they call off a flight and leave you stranded like they left us.

How did it end? With us having to pay 500 dollars on a Friday night, Memorial Day weekend, at a 3-star hotel in the Ft. Lauderdale area, completely out of luck with absolutely no help or care at all from Jetblue after their last minute cancellation. Had it not been for the excellent service from our hotel (that took off 100 bucks from our room since they felt bad we'd been disregarded by the airline), we would've been quite literally out of luck.

I'm not one to write negative reviews for anything, but these inconveniences were absolutely unacceptable and quite costly for me and my girlfriend. There was no care or concern for us at all regarding the inconveniences we were put under by this airline, and it seems to me that we're definitely not the only ones with this horrible experience. Do yourself a favor and book with an airline that will warn you ahead of time, work with you in times of inconvenience, and show they give a crap about you when these things occur. Never flying with Jetblue again.

Original review: May 20, 2022

Dear Jet Blue, We want to congratulate and say thank you to your excellent staff at the desk in San Juan, Puerto Rico airport. Mr. Jorge ** is very professional, attentive and very effective in his job. He did the best he could to help us out in our situations. During the first occasion, after the flight we were supposed to take was cancelled, Mr. ** found a flight in a different airline for us to reach the point of our vacation, to celebrate my 50th birthday with my family. We understood it was very complicated because we were in the middle of spring break, when airplanes were full of travelers.

We were really pleased, Ms. Glorimar ** and Mr. ** did a wonderful job helping us and other frustrated passengers from our cancelled flight. Our second experience was a pleasant one too. We couldn’t go all of us in one airplane but Ms. ** and Mr. ** found us the solution of the issue. Both of them did what they could to help. Exemplary representatives for Jet Blue. Kudos! Rob ** and family.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I was traveling with my autism spectrum daughter to NY to visit friends but one of her friends got COVID so we couldn't visit him on the last day of our visit - but we didn't find out until we had already checked out of our rental unit. As such, we ended up at the airport 9 hours before our flight was scheduled to leave. My daughter doesn't do well with disruptions in routine, so I checked with Jetblue to see if we could possibly get on an earlier flight. There were numerous flight cancellations and delays by the airline so there was a long line of people trying to change their flights, and all flights were full, so I knew it would be highly unlikely that there would be an earlier flight with 2 available seats.

The Jetblue rep said she could put us on standby for the only potential earlier flight but with all the cancellations and delays, it was unlikely we'd be moved to that flight. I only agreed to it because she said 3 times that if we get put on standby, there would be a $150 charge but it would get refunded if we aren't moved to the earlier flight. She told me to just keep the receipt and ticket and I'd get a refund. So I agreed to it since there was virtually no risk. When Jetblue was not able to put us on the earlier flight, we had to stick with the original flight that was dealyed by almost 3 hours with no explanation from Jetblue.

I called Jetblue for the refund. I was on hold for a little over 60 minutes. When I did speak to someone, he said it was a non-refundable fee and that the person who told us I'd get a refund didn't put anything in the notes, so he transferred me to a "supervisor". She put me on hold for 45 minutes only to say it's a non-refundable fee and that since she wasn't a part of the conversation I have no proof that I was told I'd be issued a refund.

The best she claimed she could do was issue me a "credit" towards a purchase on another Jetblue flight (that I will never do again) that expires in 1 year. I don't travel since losing my job to COVID and the enormous medical expenses I'm paying for my child. My parents paid for our trip to New York so that my 15 year-old autistic daughter could visit a friend she hasn't seen in years. The "supervisor" didn't seem to care that I was lied to and basically assumed I was the one lying. When I explained to her that I would not have agreed to the $150 fee had I not been told it was refundable, she put me on "hold" again because she didn't want to take my complaint.

Jetblue Company Information