3.4/5 (757 ratings)

About Hotels.com

Hotels.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: May 18, 2022

Using Hotel.com was a big mistake. We got given the worst room at the property which I was very disappointed with as I was staying there for a week. It is the worst holiday I had ever had I was bitterly disappointed. If those bastards were clear on the room I was getting I would not have chosen that one. I worked very hard for my money and didn't won that holiday in a competition. I would never ever use bloody hotels.com as long as I live. You are nasty and misleading. I hope that company will go out of business.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I made several hotel bookings with free cancellation option for a trip to Japan. Price went down later so I cancelled the bookings and rebook with the lower price. Then Hotels.com cancelled all my bookings without any explanation. Tried to contact them and got an answer of violating their terms of use. All the bookings included free cancellation. I don't understand why I couldn't cancel and rebook with a lower price. Will NEVER use this website again, not even its mother company Expedia!

Original review: May 17, 2022

Had to cancel European travel in 2019 as could not leave Australia for obvious reasons. Got most things refunded or vouchered, but Hotels.com was intransigence personified. Voucher could only be used at the same hotel, and was very limited with use-by dates. No other company involved in rearranging travel were as hard to contact, or as restrictive. Booking.com, Luxury Travel, Qantas, Singapore Airlines etc, etc, all SO much better. The only company behaving worse was SAS.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I'll try to make it short and to the point. 1. I booked through hotels.com, which showed free parking. 2. The hotel charged a convenience fee. When asked about it, the manager stated it was a fee to cover parking. 3. I called Hotels.com several times to ask for clarification and for a refund. 4. They did not offer a refund, instead I got a coupon that until now I have not been able to apply since it is not available at check-out when booking through their website or app. 5. I have called hotels.com serveral times to ask how I am supposed to apply the credit I have. They have not only been unhelpful but extremely rude (always keeping me on hold for extended periods of time until I give up and end the call or just hanging on me).

6. I am unable to apply the credit they promised, and they are unable to provide (verbally or through email) a code that I can apply when booking. 7. Again, the worst part is the customer service provided if you are lucky enough to get a representative to answer the call because they are always busy ... "Your call may be monitor ... We're experiencing longer than normal wait times". 8. Never booking at hotels.com again! Extremely frustrated and disatisfied with how their customer service representatives treated me.

Original review: May 7, 2022

We booked a room at Seashore Motel in Santa Monica CA. It was a booking that could be canceled supposedly. We had to cancel for medical readings snd contacted hotel 3 days in advance. They told us we had to do it through Hotels.com. I talked to a woman named Anna for 15 or so minutes at Hotels.com and was assured it would be taken care of and we would not be charged. I alerted my credit card. They were informed by Hotels.com that our cancellation would not be honored.

The front desk person had assured us the toons would get rented and I’m sure they were. But now my credit card has charged me $376 and we never used the room. Both Seashore Motel and Hotels.com lied to me. We got a room with a cancellation policy so this wouldn’t happen. We do not have this money to throw away on nothing. We are seniors on Fixed incomes with health issues. I feel we have been robbed. I will never use Hotels.com again or ever go to Seashore Motel. Shame on them scamming seniors

Original review: May 6, 2022

I used hotels.com to book a hotel in Tahiti for 3 weeks. So they booked the hotel, said the reservation was guaranteed, and charged my credit card for the full 3 week stay. Twenty minutes after I booked it, the hotel said those dates weren't available. I contacted the hotel, and I got the usual response- "You'll have to take it up with hotels.com." That's the problem with major bookers like Hotels.com. They enforce non-culpability.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I have a word of warning for those attempting to book Vacation Resort International locations through Hotels.com. I have personal experience making reservations at The Cove at Yarmouth which required a non-refundable $50 up-front deposit--no big deal except that confusion erupted when the posted charge shows up from Vacation International, rather than the Cove at Yarmouth or Hotels.com. There was no mentioned of this on the confirmation email, and for me, resulted in a fraud investigation on my charge card.

Even after this problem was resolved and the deposit went through, Vacation International ended up cancelling my reservation unexpectedly three days before our planned visit for reasons directly due to the fraud situation they had created, IE they now had a cancelled credit card number. They gave me only a few hours to resolve the situation, and when I finally called them, they were unwilling to reinstate my reservation even though there were vacancies available. They also refused to reimburse me for my deposit even though they were the ones that cancelled my reservation.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I booked a hotel with a double bed and the hotel gave me a twin bed. I tried to correct it with the nice hotel receptionist but they did not have a double bed available. So I had to go somewhere else. I asked for a refund and I was refused a refund because they said that the booking is non-refundable. I called hotels.com many times and pointed out the false advertising and I was constantly met with the response that they have to ask for permission to get the refund. False advertising should not require permission for a refund. Hotels.com should be enforcing the rules to ensure their clients are not cheating customers. No support from Hotels.com.

This isn't the first time I was left out in the cold. 11pm in Toronto and the hotel I booked wasn't a hotel and refused to come give me my room. I sat in the cold and the again, Hotels.com refused to deal with the problem. I had to go get a new hotel and pay an extra taxi ride in the middle of the night. Hotels.com is not respectful and not at all responsible. They are a lawless company taking advantage of every penny they can get. Don't use Hotels.com. Book your hotels directly by phone. Use Hotels.com too as a map and bypass them to call the hotel directly and pay directly. Hotels.com is useless.

Original review: May 4, 2022

They used to be the best, now the most expensive and worst customer service you will find. No customer service to call to make a booking and rewards don't even apply currently. Agoda and Booking.com still amazing.

Original review: May 4, 2022

If you go on the Hotels.com website and search for a hotel, you will find prices, dates and descriptions as well as room details. Some hotel prices on Hotels.com include breakfast; others do not. Some indicate that there is a parking fee; others do not. Beware of deceptive omissions regarding these details. Don’t be surprised when you check in to your hotel and there are additional fees or charges that were not indicated in your Hotels.com email confirmation.

As a long time hotels.com customer who recently made three hotel bookings in a four month period and expected what the hotels.com email confirmation actually stated, I was surprised to have been informed by the hotel receptionist that I was going to have to pay extra for self parking. I assured the young man that an additional fee for parking was never mentioned in my email confirmation.

To make a long story a bit shorter, I spent several days and many emails and text messages with the hotels.com “Customer Support Team” who completely ignored my concerns, my proof and my shock that there was no “written” mention of a parking fee, which I was subjected to pay at the hotel property. As a customer, we trust what is written in the confirmation email, which is supplied by hotels.com and to which the customer agrees. Of the three hotels I booked, none mentioned a parking fee. Only one actually charged it without my prior knowledge. I was disappointed, to say the least. I would have chosen a different hotel had I known upfront. Finally, if you go on the hotels.com website and book a hotel property, beware of unknown and unexpected deceptive omissions. What is left out in the written agreement may cost you a pretty penny.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Aaqib ** agent told that I closed my account by myself, that I eventually didn't do because I had status with Hotels for years and have bunch of free nights. they can't to nothing with it and were very rude.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I booked a holiday house for a family break online. I paid the price quoted by credit card immediately. I received a booking confirmation and the next day my booking was cancelled as price I was quoted and paid was incorrect. I have not received a refund.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Back in 2020, we planned a European vacation and due to covid, we had to cancel. We have received refunds from all hotels that actually got their money from us. We have 4 hotels left that Hotels.com never refunded us for and the company has kept that money. We've called about 8 times and always hear the same thing either they'll call us back or they are working on it. This has been going on for 2 years now.

Hotels.com took the money, the actual hotel did not get it. We canceled not by choice but because of the pandemic. I can't grasp what the issue could be on their end in refunding us. We expected to be reimbursed for all hotels and they agreed to return the money due to covid. We've called about 4 times a year for the last two years and get the same excuse. We will never use their services again. Oh and don't bother trying their Facebook page all they do is respond with an automated response. I even tried private message with no response. I am going to post a negative comment on your Facebook page until resolved eternity if I have to.

Original review: April 29, 2022

It is regarding my recent booking at Sheraton Universal for April 21, 2022 night. Reservation totaled to be $363.40 which I paid this with reward night worth ($244.30) and remaining with my credit card ($119.10). Sheraton refunded the whole room cost ($363.40) on April 27, 2022. I received an email from Hotels.com that they have refunded my credit card for $119.10. Since I did not get my full portion of the refund back, I called the Hotels.com and I received very nasty service and was told "we cannot refund you the reward night". I asked them how they could keep my portion of the money when I got the full refund back, I was told that's the policy.

I looked through their reward policy, terms and conditions, nowhere it states that. Clearing either Hotels.com customer representatives don't know what they are doing or Hotels.com is scamming customers and making money from them. I requested Hotels.com to refund my reward night, yet again no response. Currently, I am so frustrated and feel deceived by Hotels.com.

Original review: April 29, 2022

1. Find a local hotel with Hotels.com that had a bathtub/jacuzzi pictured in the room next to the bed and in the description. 2. Book hotel. 3. Go to hotel and check in & get slapped with another $50 security deposit for room. 4. Walk to room only to find out it is not the room displayed on website. 5. Go to front desk and they say, "There's nothing we can do about it," that hotels.com is known for bait switch and it's not the 1st time this has occurred. Now that just makes me think that both the hotel and hotels.com is working together to scam people!

6. Then they tell me because I checked in that I can no longer get my money back! Wait....So you let me check into the wrong room knowing that I was going to complain so you could tell me you're keeping my money? How do you check to see if you have the correct room before they give you the room number? You are forced to check in and then they say because of this.... You don't get a refund!?

7. Call hotels.com and they put me on hold a total of 43 minutes hoping I would just get tired of waiting and hang up but I didn't. I told them they are scamming people and she had no clue what I was even talking about since the call center is somewhere in India (no offense to Indians, but she didn't understand what I was trying to explain). So then I canceled my other reservations through hotels.com. 8. Ended up losing $150 bucks on this experience!

Steer clear of this scam site/service because they knowingly allow these practices to happen just to cheat and lie to get money. This company should be shutdown. But I'm sure nothing will happen to this company, just like all the other scam businesses. Just call hotels directly as I'm now skeptical of using online services to book rooms anymore.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Long time user of Hotels.com. In this circumstance after logging onto my account, charges were made in USD rather than CDN. I contacted hotels.com with typical flowchart answers with their position being due to a server error I was automatically directed to the US site which then charges in USD and replying I should have checked my confirmation details more closely. My login information should not automatically direct me to alternate currencies without any indication it is doing so

Original review: April 27, 2022

I think Hotels.com should not represent hotels that are ridiculously nasty, disrespectful Employees, and that takes advantage of people from out of town. We’ve been fighting to get as refund back from a night we haven’t even stayed at. It was so much unsatisfactory and unsafe things happening there. Prostitution, etc even the cops were there. We told Hotels.com about the problems and was out all night looking for another place to lay our heads our poor baby was stressed as well. Hotels.com has a policy about pay now or choose to pay at hotel.

We ended up paying when we arrived, because we were going to pay with cash. These people lied and told us they understand and took our money actually charged us about $368 dollars. The fact the hotels.com saying they can’t get a refund back cause we paid later is ridiculous especially due to what happen I can understand other scenarios but this wasn’t fair. With everything going on in war these companies nowadays care about themselves. Never using them again because they still advertise Quality Inn and they shouldn’t.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Since Hotels.com was acquired it drives home the point that bigger is not always better. I used to be able to talk to a human at Hotels.com when I called customer service. I loved Hotels.com in the past. Recently I tried to get into my account. Not only can I not get into my account but they don't have an option on their automated "help-line" to remedy the problem. Automation is one thing but at least make it efficient. After three calls failing to provide an option to provide customer service, I give up!

Original review: April 24, 2022

I booked a reservation with Hotels.com. The price was $305 total. When I checked in the cost was $426. I reached out to Hotels.com, and was told in essence too bad work it out with the property. I asked why? I was told, "We don't have control over what the property charges."

Original review: April 20, 2022

Issue started on Monday. I have been trying to speak with a manager since then! The first C/S rep I spoke to took my information about the glitch in price on the system and stated I would get a call back. I waited 24 hours and did not receive a call back. C/S rep #2 said there were no notes on my profile but she can see the email that I sent. There was no way to look up who I previously spoke to and who dropped the ball on my issue. She then basically went on to tell me how it was my fault and when I asked to speak to a manager she told me they would tell me the same thing.

After requesting a manager yet again, she took my callback number and said I would a call back in 2-3 hours. 5 hours later, no call so I call back and do the process again. C/S rep #3 hangs up the phone on me. Call back C/S rep #4 goes through same spill, takes my number and says wait for callback 2-3 hours. I've been trying to book a hotel since Monday and of course rates have fluctuated and hotels have booked up because now its Wednesday. I just can not believe a company in which I frequently spend my money won't even have the decency to reach out to me as a consumer. So disappointed. Canceling my future trips with them.

Original review: April 19, 2022

My wife and I have been using Hotels.com for a few years now. At first, like everywhere else, they treat you well to keep you coming back. However, when a problem arises, don't expect much help! They aren't customer service oriented, they only care about polices and teaming up with the merchant!! What happened to the good old days when companies would honor their customers and accommodate them?! Those days are gone unfortunately! May only be a few companies left who value the customer. I guess we will stick with stick with our VIP membership at Priceline! Should have known better to deal with a second rate company....

Original review: April 17, 2022

I have been a top tier customer of Hotels.com for many years. 2 weeks ago I booked 4 nights and paid upfront. Upon arrival the hotel had no rooms. I have requested a refund with no joy despite multiple contacts. It is astounding how bad they are treating a loyal customer. Be careful of using low cost providers as the service is below par

Original review: April 12, 2022

Hello. I hope this will help someone who is considering using a Hotels.com gift card. There is a great chance there will be a problem and once there is, you will have no way to directly contact customer support, the only way is to email and it takes about 4 days to receive a generic response telling you to include everything you will already have done. I tried to book a trip 2 weeks before leaving and spent two weeks along with my bank who issued the gift card trying to get support for a non working card. We were never able to get a hold and I left for vacation because my bank said they were in contact and would get it resolved by the time I check out 5 days later. Well upon checkout it was never resolved and when my bank card was charged the $400.00 that was supposed to be on the gift card, I was left with $36.00 cash and 4 hours out of town with no gas and another 12 days to payday.

This still has not been resolved after over 3 weeks and is now being reviewed by my bank who are not happy about providing me with a gift card for 5 years of service and it not working. All I wanted to do was go on a small paid vacation that was offered to me for being loyal that turned into 3 weeks of tech support, bank support, email support, the actual hotel that I was staying at also had a lot of time and employees invested into the problem and none of them are able to do anything as they all have the same response, “we cannot get a hold of anybody to talk to about the gift cards, which is really frustrating as there is a 24 hour 7 day a week customer support to take your money and book rooms but not help with any issues. Save yourself a huge hassle and a great possibility of losing the gift card money.

Original review: April 8, 2022

They rented me a room at the Happy Inn which did not have a permit to operate and was shut down by the city of Eloy. I complained to them and they refused to do anything about it stating that the hotel said I used up my reservation. Even though I sent them pictures and complained before my reservation was up.

Original review: April 8, 2022

We booked through Hotels.com online. It stated pet friendly with deposit. We booked & called to confirm. After driving our family of 7 11 hours they would not let us stay due to our dog & will not refund our money. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I paid in full through Hotels.com for 2 nights in Philadelphia. Due to an unexpected ice storm, I had to cancel the trip. Despite insurance, confirmation by them, over a month has gone without my refund.

Original review: April 3, 2022

Hotels.com is a scam. I requested to book an accommodation and purchased $16 trip insurance. The booking was refused by the property - no booking was ever made - and Hotels.com told me they would issue a full refund. But they didn't - they kept $16 for the trip insurance. By the time the refund hit my account - in two separate amounts - and I calculated that it was not for the full amount, hotels.com told me the time to request a refund on the insurance had expired and there was nothing they could do. Lost $16 for trip insurance for a trip that was never booked due to refusal by the hotels.com property partner. Never again will I do business with this dishonest, predatory website.

Original review: March 31, 2022

When asked to cancel a reservation due to COVID I was told they were non refundable. I will not use Hotel.com in the future. I do not recommend the usage of this website to book any hotel because if you need to cancel you will lose your money.

Original review: March 29, 2022

My son booked a hotel from Hotels.com and bought the insurance as well in case anything went wrong. He paid $440.78 to stay at Peppertree by the Sea by Capital Vacations for Spring Break on March 7th. He purchased it just four hours before he arrived. There was nowhere on the Hotels.com site (not even the fine print) that stated an age restriction - because we looked for it. When he arrived, he was refused as a 21 year old to stay at the hotel. Even though he bought the insurance, he was also refused a refund saying they should have known the age restriction. Why would my son pay extra for insurance, if you refuse to refund him?

I called the hotel and thought it had to be a misunderstanding because who has ever heard of such a scam?!?!? I still can't get over it and don't understand how they can get away with this scam!! I feel they should be sued. I am angry with Hotels.com for letting hotels like this scam people and do nothing to help refund them out of the money that was stolen from them.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I am on hold for the last 26 minutes. When I called the robot told me call would be answered in 2 minutes. The customer service lady was awesome, so I give it 3 stars. But the wait time should not be this long when you are traveling and have to solve problems on the spot.

Hotels.com Company Information