3.06/5
Based on 1,701 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Hotels.com

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Hotels.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I got a gift card as a present, and as thousands of other people can't use it on their website. Call support. Proved useless, as I kept getting transferred until I ended up with an option to leave a voice mail, which I did, and of course, no one ever called back. The scam part is that when you are trying to book through the link with GC in the end, instead of saying the truth "you can't book this hotel with this gift card" (cause it is junk!), it says "you are too late, this hotel is booked". But if you switch back to just Hotels.com, that same hotel shows available. Apparently you can only use this card with hotels that are overpriced, or have bad quality/cost ratio. If you considering this as a gift, think about all the negative emotions and frustrations that this card will bring to the receiver and get something else.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Poor customer assistance. No one answers their toll free 1-800 number from their website. No reply to request for refund and assistance which I sent thru email and thru their website. VERY IRRESPONSIVE! The lodge, Griffin Lodge Baguio, which I booked thru Hotels.com dishonored my confirmed and fully paid booking. It claimed that no booking with the confirmation number Hotels.com gave me was reflected in their system. About 11 guests, with their spouses and children were left helpless on November 30, 2019 at Griffin Lodge Baguio as the said lodge claimed that Hotels.com did not coordinate with them regarding our bookings.

All of us were not accommodated by the hotel even if some of us have already fully paid our room reservations. We tried to contact Hotels.com and Expedia but to no avail. Some guests just slept in their cars. Some slept in the lodge's reception area, others tried to booked in another hotel at exorbitant rates while others just left the property, disappointed and exhausted. In all of these experiences, Hotels.com was nowhere to be found/contacted. Very bad experience #hotels.com

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

Hotels.com is a horrible company and will advertise a certain price and once you've paid for it, they will alter your arrangements. When you call to have your arrangements corrected to what they should have been, they will either keep your money and force you to make other arrangements or increase your charge to keep the original arrangements you set up. I booked a hotel for Nov. 9th, 2019 and when I looked at my email to see what time I could check in I noticed that my hotel stay was for December 14th. This was their mistake, not mine so I called to inform them of their mistake and they told me I needed to pay almost twice what I had already paid to keep the date I wanted or if I canceled it, I would lose all my money. I requested to speak with a manger and the customer service rep said she doesn't have a manager and gave me an email address.

I sent an email with all the info and 19 days later they sent me a response stating it was my fault and they won't do anything. I just spoke to my coworker and she said the same exact thing happened to her. Double check your email conformation if you decide to use them, however, I highly DO NOT recommend using them. They obviously do this on purpose to increase their bottom line and they have zero customer service so you are taking a huge chance losing your money if you go through hotels.com.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I booked and cancelled the same day and lost my money because the phone rep didn’t call the hotel to cancel it, therefore I was charged the first night! I complained so many times and asked to retrieve the phone conversation but the customer relations department didn’t bother! I will not book with them again and will tell everyone around me about this experience!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

NEVER AGAIN WILL I TOUCH THEIR SITE or any site owned by Expedia group which is most of the travel sites. Booked with them a trip to CUBA. Got to my hotel and was told that Hotels.com cancelled my reservation but no explanation. We had no cell service and were in a foreign country on Cuba's 500 Year anniversary and not a hotel room available anywhere.

When I got back to the states I contacted them to find out what happened and some gentleman from a foreign country that I could barely understand told me that it was cancelled because the agent that booked it wasn't suppose to book hotels in Cuba and that they can only be booked online. Would of been nice for someone to send me a email and call me to straighten this out. He said sorry nothing they can do. I guess it was okay with them if we slept on the streets for 5 nights. WORST EXPERIENCE & CUSTOMER SERVE EVER!!! Make sure to always book your travel direct as you get the same or better prices anyway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I booked a B and B in Beaufort SC and paid the entire bill directly through Hotels.com. They correctly informed me that the hotel would charge some other fees upon check in and they did just that. The problem came at checkout when I found out what Hotels.com was paying this B and B was $160 less than what I paid Hotels.com. I thought they had a price guarantee and were supposed to make their money from the properties, not me. When I called the Philippines call center, I was told that maybe I should have booked directly with the property. REALLY???? OK, I will next time!!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I have booked few days ago and last night I recieved a text from Citi security Alert: saying my card was used by Delta Airline but that was not me. I immediately tell the back to block my card. Then Hotels.com emailed me that my booking was canceled. WHAT A MESS!!! I did not use my card anywhere only in HOTELS.COM!!!! People don't book on this site. This is HORRIBLE!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I used Hotels.com to get a cheaper motel room. Hotels did not mention anything about this hotel being a scam. The owner of this hotel (Portland Suites) that I found through hotels.com scams people for their deposit money. Hotels.com still has this hotel listed on their website. Hotels.com will not listen to my complaint about this.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I booked a hotel in Nashville. The website for the hotel asked what type of bed I wanted in the in the room. The website listed 2 queen size beds in the room. I booked the room and when I arrived at the hotel the desk clerk said the hotel does not offer 2 queen size beds in the room. I said I booked with Hotels.com and he said it happens all the time. Hotels.com offers options the hotels may not offer. They will let you book and pay for items not available. BEWARE OF WHAT YOU ASK FOR. CALL THE HOTEL BEFORE YOU BOOK AND ASK IF THEY HAVE WHAT YOU WANT. I won't use hotels.com again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Hotels.com is a worthless website. Any consumer nowadays should be able to book directly with the hotel and not use a travel website. Just find the hotel you want, go right to their website and book. The customer service for hotels.com is absolutely atrocious. I spoke with multiple representatives (all foreign and hard to understand) about an accidental double booking (my fault). Simple issue with a seemingly simple solution. Not for hotels.com. The customer service reps are so poor at English that they cannot even understand what a double booking means. Finally just called the hotel direct, and they took care of it. Disputed double charge on credit card for hotels.com. Never use them again. Problem solved. What a joke of a company.

Hotels.com Company Information