2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Hotels.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Book direct with the hotel. They charged me 25 percent more than the hotel and Laura at corporate refused to refund the difference. They are a rip off. Avoid Hotels.com at all costs. You've been warned.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

This is a complete waste of time dealing with customer services. Trying to get my coupons to re-book a stag weekend is proving to be a never ending circle of lies from them. The re-book price has now gone up and they said the coupon value will not cover, so I should re-book, pay again and then claim the money back from them. I haven't done this as I can't trust them to pay me. This is ongoing and I have been trying to get the codes, they say they have already sent, not received as yet, for 4 months. Don't use Hotels.com. Keep well clear.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

We booked a hotel in Paris before quarantine. We were told we had one year to use this coupon/credit since we couldn’t go there. Since Covid is still an issue, we still can’t travel to the hotel even though it’s been a year. They won’t refund us the $800 we spent but only $60 worth. It wasn’t fair to give us the coupon for only one year since the pandemic is still going on...They should have worked with us and given us more than a year to rebook.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Review of our booking was totally fake along with associated photos. Check in probably was the worst experience I’ve ever had. Hotels.com said had to wait until actually but could provide me the location to actually check in at. Met cleaning staff at location and after cleaning for over 4 hours still in terrific shape. Again nothing like description or photos.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I have now contacted Hotels.Com twice within 4 weeks to cancel a hotel with little response or assistance. This is relating to a booking made within Singapore, where I have stated that government guidelines refuse entry. Booking was made pre-Covid with Hotels.com policy stating refunds to be provided for countries with travel restrictions. I have twice been told the booking is non-refundable and that they would contact the property, despite my confirmation from the property that I cannot check in and no money has been exchanged between Hotels.Com and property. There are no means for making complaints other than a limited virtual chat mechanism.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

My boyfriend and I had reservations for two rooms which was $548 dollars. When we arrived at the Barclay hotel at Virginia Beach, we were shocked to find out we only had one room. At this point I’m pissed, because my sister didn’t have a room! We were charged for two rooms at $274 dollars each but one got one... The sad part is this was back in AUGUST!! And they’ve been giving us the runaround since about a refund.. I will NEVER go through HOTELS.com again, they’re GARBAGE!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Had a reservation in mid-March, then COVID restrictions kicked in and they wouldn't let me cancel. Had to call customer service multiple times with promises that they would make it right and they would never follow up. They told me the Hilton is responsible for the refund but that's not true because I paid for the reservation through Hotels.com. I've spent $6,734 in 1 year, they wouldn't refund $478 but instead gave me a measly credit for $30.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

We had made reservations with Quality Inn and have been quarantined due to Covid-19. We have asked if we could switch the date since it was paid in full and 3 days away. Rude and said No, still come!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

We made a reservation via Hotels.com on Saturday, November 7, 2020 for the Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place for a king sized room for Friday, November 13. We received a confirmation and guarantee for a king bed room at that time. Upon arrival that evening, we were given a 2 bed queen room. I went to the desk clerk to ask to be moved to the correct sized room, but was informed they were sold out of king rooms.

I reminded him we had a reservation and showed him the confirmation. I told him we booked the room a week ago. The clerk said when a reservation comes in from hotels.com, we are not guaranteed the room type we requested which is why “we always say to book directly with us.” We have used hotels.com to book rooms for years with no issues including for this same hotel just a couple weeks ago.

Marriott customer service replied: “Our Colleagues at the Front Desk provided you with accurate information. When booking through a third party booking source, your room type is not guaranteed. On previous stays you were given what was available and it happened to be what you had reserved. This has always been Marriott Bonvoy's policy. We are not able to provide compensation.” This is NOT how booking has ever worked in the past, and we have used hotels.com for YEARS with multiple hotels across the United States. What is the point of guaranteeing our reservation including room and bed size, if the hotel refuses to honor the request?? I am furious that the hotel refused to honor a guarantee!???

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

The website states full refund available on bookings but they do not tell you the pain you have to go through to get your money back. Their protocols are so badly structured with overseas customer support agents to save cost, the customer ends up getting bounced from one department to the next with each not taking responsibility to correct the issue. You will end up running in circles for hours and eventually give up. I'm a gold member at Hotels.com which is the highest level one can obtain. I've been using their site for years with all my travel. I'm so disappointed with their recent drop in their level of service that I have decided to take my business elsewhere from here on out. I would not recommend their site to anyone that will listen and if they don't, I know they'll eventually regret it.

Hotels.com Company Information