3.42/5
Based on 1,655 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a travel site?

Hotels.com

Looking for a travel site?

2624 Hotels.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 26, 2019

Booked a hotel in NYC and was told in the reservation that I would be charged a resort fee--which is usual now in NYC. However, at the hotel, the amount of the resort fee was substantially more than that specified in the Hotels.com reservation. Calls to Hotels.com customer service lead to repeated hangups and denials of the problem. Fortunately, I had paper copies of all the transactions. After scanning them and sending them to Hotels.com, I was eventually able to secure a refund. I'm not sure which was worse, the original mispricing or Hotels.com denial thereof and repeated attempts to evade responsibility.

Original review: June 25, 2019

A reservation thru them never reached the hotel so there was no room waiting at the busiest time of the year in Anchorage. Hotels.com had no problem charging the credit card nearly $1700 though. Three calls and nine days later, still no refund from them. Not only are we fighting for this refund, their price was over $100/day more than going directly thru the hotel. Never will I make the mistake of using a booking company like them again.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I booked with Hotels.com all year to get my reward. I excluded non-eligible hotels and was excited to receive my free night. I was two credits away and in March I booked a weekend in May. In my confirmation email from Hotels.com the following message was highlighted in purple: Congratulations! You’ll get 1 night free after your stay.

Well, I didn't get a free night after my stay. When I contacted Hotels.com, I was informed that my rewards had expired on 03-30-19, just 8 days after I had made my reservation. When I argued that the confirmation stated I would receive my reward upon checkout in May, I was told that was "weird" and that Hotels.com would not be honoring the free night. I'll be heading over to Expedia.

Original review: June 23, 2019

This place is awful. Quoted a price online - booked it and was charged on my credit card $66.44 more than the quote. They would not help me at all so I called my credit card company to have charge taken off and the girl I spoke to had the same problem with them - STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.

Original review: June 22, 2019

The HOTELS.COM gift card area of their site DOES NOT WORK. You cannot check a balance, you cannot merge multiple gift cards. You have to call in to a representative that say they ARE NOT a part of HOTELS.COM. You have to know the exact amount on the two cards or they WILL NOT merge them. You have to know where and when you purchased the gift cards (if purchased from a store that sells multiple gift cards). The site is of no help. The best thing you can do is try to reserve a hotel room and check the balances when you reserve the room. THEN call in to the non HOTELS.COM representative to combine them into one card for use on THEIR site.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: June 21, 2019

So I booked a room for June 3rd 2019 to be able to see my son get sworn into the Army. When we got to the hotel they had my check-in date for June 10th, which was wrong. The CSR at the Hotel was very helpful. She spoke with a rep from Hotels.com to get them to change virtual card date from the 10th to the 3rd so we could check in. We got checked in. Now 3 weeks later I got charged by the hotel itself because Hotels.com decided to cancel my reservation after I checked out of the hotel when I never made any cancellations and clearly on my confirmation email it states nonrefundable so when I call Hotels.com they did nothing.

The rep on phone continued to tell me I chose to cancel reservation and that they refunded my account. She was rude and kept telling me to be quiet and listen and then continued to tell me I could not contact the hotel for a refund because I cancelled my reservation and they refunded what I paid. Why in the world would I cancel my reservation when I was there to see my son get sworn into the Army and checked into the hotel. Mind you the cancellation was done the day after I checked out of the hotel! I WILL NEVER USE THEM OR REFER ANYONE TO HOTELS.COM EVER!!!

Original review: June 21, 2019

Booked a room through Hotels.com for one price but was charged a higher price when received receipt. In trying to correct issue with hotels.com, pretty much got the run around. Won't be making this mistake again, too many credible competitors out there that are trustworthy other than utilizing a service that isn't.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I recently used Hotels.com to book a room through Norwegian Air at a place in Los Angeles on Venice Boulevard called 444 Boutique. I developed a horrible respiratory illness and four days into my stay realized that there was slimy black mold covering the windows and nothing was dry--not bedding, my clothes. Even the floor was slick with moisture. I left and requested that I be reimbursed for two nights. Management told me they could not do it because it was a prepaid booking. Hotels.com echoed this. Seems crazy to me that you could be expected to be financially responsible for a stay when health codes were so blatantly violated. Lessons learned: (1). Don't book through third party. (2) Don't prepay 100%. (3) Don't stay at the 444 Boutique in LA. I can provide pictures.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We used Hotels.com (sort of by accident, clicked the wrong link) to book a room near Cincinnati, OH. When we arrived at the hotel they said our "credit card did not go through" and we had to pay again! I have had terrible experiences with Hotels.com and parent company Expedia before and should have known better. The only reason they are getting three stars instead of one is that the customer service person was helpful and fairly quickly refunded the money to our credit card.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Hotels.com allowed me to make 2 separate reservations for a hotel next to my cancer doctor in Boston. My health was such that I didn’t need to stay Over the night before and I was able to cancel those reservations by the date quoted on the initial email (actually the day before). I have confirmation and Hotels.com refuses to refund me although they only cancelled one of the 2 reservations AND they refuse to speak with the property. I have never had a worse customer experience in my life. DO NOT BOOK WITH HOTELS.com.

Hotels.com Company Information