2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.6/5 (1901 ratings)

About Hotels.com

Hotels.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

They advertise free reimbursement if reservation is cancelled before a listed time, but once that happens they don’t refund the money and there is no human that can give any answer. I cancelled a Reservation in Cartagena Colombia to go to a better hotel, same app, all fine with the hotel but impossible to get any answer about my refund. Internet scam! This is the way they make money.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I have collected 9 stamps. And for the 10th reservation, after the reservation was made, I received a confirmation email for the reservation and also a statement saying this night could be qualified for a collection stamp. But after the stay, they say indeed I do not qualify for this 10th collection stamp and the previous statement was a mistake of their computer system. Also they deny any responsibility for this mistake and so I cannot have a free redeemable night. Hotels.com is a SCAM! Do not book with them unless you want to be insulted.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Terrible customer service. Flight was delayed causing a delay to the hotel. I notified within 24 hours in advance. Called Hotels.com repeatedly but they said they couldn't change the reservation, only the hotel itself could. The hotel did after I contacted them directly, but Hotels.com still charged me for an first extra night. I have filed a BBB complaint for which they have not responded (almost 3 weeks now).

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Shocking shocking service - please stay away - impossible to get in touch with anyone that can help - 5 calls through to India call centre and not able to it through to manager. Honestly shocking service.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I made a mistake when booking, and I'll admit that from the start. And it was a non-refundable reservation. So I called Hotels.com to see what they could do. After sitting on hold for a short amount of time, I was connected with an agent. She said if the hotel agreed to the cancellation and refund, they would too. She told me I needed to call the hotel, and in the meantime, she would send me an email. I should reply to the email with the name and position of the person who agreed to the refund.

When I called the hotel, it turned out they have no such non-refundable policy! That was something hotels.com just made up, to make their own revenues higher. The hotel would have been happy to cancel the reservation at no charge, if I had made it directly, but couldn't do that because I had used Hotels.com. She said she would approve it and gave me her name and title for me to provide to Hotels.com.

I replied back to the email Hotels.com had sent, happy that a resolution seemed likely. My reply was only 7 minutes after I had received the email from Hotels.com in the first place. I wanted to make sure I did everything quickly to help speed the process along. Then I heard nothing back. I emailed again about 5 1/2 hours later. Nothing. And again 3 hours after that. Nothing. I went back to the original email and noted that it said they would respond within 10 business days. So I waited 10 business days and emailed them to tell them how disappointed I was in their lack of communication. As far as I can tell, they never reached out to the property. Never refunded my money. They never even bothered to reply back to the support ticket.

I've since done some research and discovered that Hotels.com and other third-party booking sites really harm the industry. They're taking a cut of the revenue due to the property because they can out-beat them at advertising. Other than being a search engine, they really offer no useful service. And in this case, they made everything harder. I am still out over $400, which I'm sure I'll never see again. It was an expensive lesson to learn, but from now on, I'll book everything directly so I don't have to rely on a middleman who offers nothing in the way of good customer service.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Please be aware that if you purchase gift cards for someone as a gift, they can only enter one gift card number per trip. I was given four $50 gift cards and expected to use them on one stay as a combined $200 but was shocked when I found out that I needed to ask the person who gave them to me for the receipt in order to use them all. I was also shocked when I was hung up on by the customer service agent. When I tried the online help they directed me to an email address to help me. I emailed them but got no response. I would recommend not falling prey to their gift card scam they have going. It is more of an inconvenience for you and the person you are gifting.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I reserved 2 rooms several weeks ago, upon arrival at the hotel (Hilton) only one room was available. The Hilton charged me for an additional room at a higher rate. It was very difficult to reach Hotels.com for a refund, I could not do it online and had to call. The automated call system did not work well and would get stuck asking me for the same information over and over without transferring me to an operator. When I did speak with a Hotels.com representative they were able to process a refund for the lower rate of my booking, not the higher rate charged by the Hilton, a difference of $50. All of this is acceptable, however, now I have $70 of international phone fees because I was forced to call several times, my phone service is Verizon and should not be a problem.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I book and pay thru Hotels.com and Stay for one night at the Martinique, Curio by Hilton hotel in New York City. After my flight I arrived to the hotel front door to find that the hotel has been closed for major renovation for more than a year. I try to contact Hotels.com but their phone customer service is hard to work with and I could never spoke to a person. At that point I have to book another hotel to stay that night thru other website and pay for it. That night finally I could to speak to an agent that told me that someone from Hotels.com would contact me to get refund of what I paid to stay at the Martinique Hotel Curio by Hilton. Since that day no one has call from Hotels.com. I have try to get with someone online but the "Agents" only have provide me a fake email address to write my complaints. At this point I feel that I lose the money that I paid to stay at the Martinique Hotel, Curio by Hilton booked thru Hotels.com.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Call, paid for reservation at Best Western motel in VA. I live in NJ, get to motel on the 9/4/21. No reservation confirm with motel for Hotels.com. I contacted them they had me on hold for 20-30mins 3 times then hung up on me, saying confirmation is confirm. The motel never received confirmation 6 hours later. I had to change clothes a family party being I couldn’t get into reserved room. What a nightmare. Will never do business with Hotels.com ever again, was too far away from home for that. Their business suck so bad. You can’t say you wasn’t warn. If you use Hotel.com for reservation better have a back up plan.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Rewards program is terrible. Spent 10 days/nights in Chicago May 2021. Never received credit of one night toward stay in Vegas this November. Can't talk to anyone about it except some robot type device. I strongly recommend using another site. They promise but don't deliver. Lots of credible companies out there. Hotels.com isn't one of them as far as I'm concerned.

Hotels.com Company Information