Hotels.com

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company hides the cancellation terms and policies until you receive the email confirmation. You are also promised free nights for booking through them. Those free nights never materialize. I had 8 nights taken from my account even though booking appears on my profile. Weeks to deal with and still nothing. Avoid!

Hotels advertises that they will match lower price if you inform them 48 hours or more prior to the reservation. I called inquiring about this because their own website showed a lower price; what I got instead was an agent who told me that I would have to cancel and rebook my reservation. When I contacted customer service via email (and send in this request), hotels said it was too late. These stupid and pathetic service people have yet to understand that their own service people provided me the wrong information. 10 emails and counting, and now saying they want to record my experience so it does not happen again.

Would it have been so hard to offer price difference and demonstrate good customer service??? This company is pathetic. Stay away. They do not honour what they promise on their website and are run by stupid incompetents. I called 4 times over a week, and the minute the agent realized that I was calling about price change and not a new booking, the call was disconnected. Do NOT USE HOTELS.COM!!! Incidentally, they announced that Hotels.com is owned by Expedia.

In January I booked a hotel via Hotels.com for my trip in June. The reason for the early booking was due to 2 (two) events (America's Cup & Carnival) happening on the Island (Bermuda). When reaching the island the hotel was no longer in operation. The owners of the hotel were also the owners of a restaurant that was next to the hotel. The owners of the hotel told me that they had contacted Hotels.com in February to let them know that they were no longer in operation. This is the first mishap on Hotels.com part. They did not relay this information to myself and several other people who ended up at the hotel trying to check in. With no help from Hotels.com, we had to search for a new hotel to stay at. This took the whole day as the island was booked to capacity due to the two events going on.

Our stay was for a total of 4 nights. As a result we had to stay one (1) night in one (1) hotel and then one (1) night in another and then two (nights) on another. This had us taking taxis between hotels (which is not cheap in Bermuda) as well as being out of the way for the activities we had planned for the trip. Upon returning back from my trip, I called Hotels.com for the refund for the original hotel (which was closed) and also the difference we had to pay for the new reservations. On this initial call I was on the phone for 1 hr plus explaining the situation. To make a long story short they agreed to refund back the money for the initial booking and also the difference for the new bookings as well as a $250 credit for the money we lost for the event we were supposed to go to that day and also extra taxi fare which resulted from this issue (in reality this amounted to around $500 US).

I did not want to cause any trouble so I agreed to the above and waited for my refund as I knew I called in time to get the refund put back on my credit card so it does not incur interest. On to problem #2 - When I called a week later as I did not see anything refunded into my account I was told that there were no transactions made to process the refund (keep in mind the day I came back I called to get this done asap so I do not get charged interest on my credit card). This phone call also lasted or 1 hr 30 min as I had to go through the story several times with a couple more people as they had me transferred to different departments only to get cut off. There was no call back even though they asked for a call back number when we initially started the conversation.

When I was finally getting somewhere to get the refund back I was told that I would have to provide the receipts for the other hotels for Hotel.com to refund the difference (this is understandable). However why was this not asked for before? I wasted another week that could of gotten this issue resolved if the people who worked there did their job properly. With all that being said I sent in my receipts to get my difference refunded. At this point and time I am extremely frustrated, have wasted over 10 hours in total with this issue. Problem #3 - I sent the e-mail to the e-mail provided and got a bounce back, had to call the customer service again and they tried the e-mail and realized it's not working either. This took another 1 hr to clarify.

Problem #4 - Received an e-mail stating from the customer service that a refund of the initial amount was refunded. At this point I already had the refund for the initial amount. The e-mail to what they sent this response to was about the difference that needs to be paid not the initial refund for the hotel that was no longer operating. Problem#5 - After all this confusion, I called again to make them aware that the e-mail I sent with the receipts were with regards to the difference I had to pay for my stay and not the initial reservations. At this point it is a few weeks going back and forth with Hotels.com (which the operators are outsourced in the Philippines - which created another frustration because of them not understanding).

I then proceeded to tell the manager that I do not find the $250 sufficient as this whole issue was due to their mistakes. I was then told rudely by the manager that the $250 is all I would get as compensation and would not get anymore. If any who reads this have any ideas of how to proceed with handling Hotels.com please let me know. I am not a person to complain but this experience was the worst I've ever had and at every opportunity they had to fix the problem they kept messing up even more and with no remorse.

I booked a room at Radisson hotel - 4444 Gateway Blvd at Edmonton through Hotels.com and later cancelled it. The gentleman at the hotel very clearly said that the reservation has been cancelled and since it was a no show I will not be charged. I called up again couple of days again for check my refund, I was told clearly that I will not be charged or if at all I will be charged only for a day. I have call records to prove that I cancelled the reservation. But now Radisson hotel says that I did not call as their staff did not write any log in my records.

To say that I did not call which is totally untrue. They have call records too but they refuse to go through it. It is not my responsibility to check if Radisson hotel's employees are doing their job. Hotels.com also refuses to give me a refund even though I have proof that I called to cancel. This is way good way to scam the public. This is to caution the public to never book at Radisson Hotel - 4444 Gateway Blvd Edmonton and never book through hotels.

My girlfriend did me a favor and booked a 6-night stay for me on her credit card. Then I booked an additional 2 nights on my own card and I stayed in 3 other hotels within 2 weeks. Now that I've earned 1 free night with Hotels.com, they're telling me I don't get the 6-night credit on my account because my girlfriend paid even though it was in my name, and the other 2 nights I don't get credit for because I just started the account. Just a crock of soup **, biggest scam. Do not use this company. They are the worst lying cheating scum buckets!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

I was planning a trip for myself and my grandsons. This was their first time to the ocean so making this super special was very important to me. I went on Hotels.com to find the best deal I could. I surf through for a while but nothing seem to fit my budget, until I came across the Super 8. I was hesitant at first but when I seen the pictures I was like WOW I am sold. So we got everything booked and ready to go. When we arrived we’re completely blown away. The pictures and the hotel were NOTHING alike. I was so disappointed. I even asked for my money back and they told me there was a 72 hour window to cancel the hotel booking. Well of course we wasn't there at the time. So we was denied the request of a refund.

The first room we was given there was already an occupant. We was totally embarrassed. So they changed our room. The second room was so run down. It was nothing like the pictures. There was mold in the bathroom ceiling, the paper towel holder was rusted, there was paint all over the bathroom door. One back of the hotel room door it was missing the fire escape route sign. We had NO phone in the room, it was ripped out of the wall. The refrigerator was a mess. The freezer had no door and it was frozen over inside. The microwave was a mess. The air conditioning unit was totally filthy. It blew out dust when it was turned on. The balcony had two chairs and no table like it has said. There some kind of black stuff on the lower half of the window. The pool was a mess as well food and trash all over the place. I wouldn't even let them in the pool.

The very next day my grandson became sick. I took him to the doctors and he has a bacterial infection. I have no idea whether or not this is related. But either way we were so uncomfortable there. We decided to leave and find another hotel. I want to tell everyone to please be careful where you stay. Always check the reviews. If they aren't 4 or more stars have them checked out. When you spend 1500.00 for 4 days and get this type of mess it is VERY upsetting!!!

Booked a reservation through Hotel.com, was told by Hotel.com that I had the best rate only to find out when I got to the hotel that a 20% further discount for either AAA or Senior Discount could have been offered had I booked with the hotel directly. OUTRAGEOUS! I called Hotel.com, reached a Supervisor in El Salvador named Alexander (He refused to give me any other ID info) who was rude and cared nothing about my loss. NEVER USE HOTEL.COM AGAIN!

Hotels.com notified me 2 months ago that someone had hacked into my account. They gave me a phone number to call. That phone number was an endless automated answering service with no way to reach a human. I finally got to a human who could not resolve the problem and said they'd get back in 72 hours. It's now been 2 months with no reply.

I need to cancel a reservation, but I can't because I have no access to my hacked-into account, and Hotels.com "customer service" can't help. After 45 minutes on the phone with them they hung up on me when I asked to speak with a supervisor. Obviously I will refuse to pay when they bill my credit card for the reservation July 11. I have two more reservations later this summer which they refuse to confirm are still valid. I'll sue them if those reservations are not honored. Do not use Hotels.com. There are many other booking sites that will treat you like they want your business.

I booked a hotel through Hotels.com in Marquette, MI for August (more than a month from now). In red print I was advised that I could book now and pay later. To me, this means that I would pay at the hotel. To Hotels.com, this meant two days later. The entire cost of the booking was taken from my bank account and "customer service" at Hotels.com told me the only way to recoup my money was to cancel and pay a fee. Their claim that this information was disclosed to me is inaccurate. Prepayment is MUCH different than what I understood from the information on the website. I will definitely refrain from using this website again-- no money saved and a huge problem caused. In addition, I was offered no help from the person I reached aside from the offer to pay a cancellation penalty. My business is clearly not worth their time and energy.

Hotels.com is engaged in misleading advertorial practices and conducting fraud as a result. We booked a stay at an executive condominium while I was away studying. The online booking gave a no fee cancellation or change. When the reservation confirmation arrived, we discovered there was now a no-cancellation policy. My husband spoke to a Hotels.com rep who told him there is no cancellation fee by Hotels.com and that it is up to the hotel that we booked with. My husband asked to change the dates of our stay; we were put on hold while the rep spoke to the hotel & we were then informed that the change fee is $977.27 (total booking was $1,780.41). This was outrageous and he didn't proceed with the change.

He then phoned back attempting to cancel the reservation; Hotels.com agent gave him a fake name/would not provide an agent employee number. During this call, the cancellation fee charged by the hotel would NOW be $1070.00 so not only had the fee changed it was now higher. However, my husband had spoken directly to an agent at the hotel/property who informed him there was no fee to cancel or change; whatever charged is purely a policy from Hotels.com. He told him that he believes my experience happens frequently with Hotels.com. He then spoke with a different agent at Hotels.com, requesting to change reservation dates whereby he was put on hold and again. They couldn't reach the hotel after two attempts and would not authorize changes without approval from the hotel/property.

We then asked to speak to his supervisor: Jackie came on the line after a 20 min wait. She said that she contacted the hotel and if we were to make any change of dates at all or cancel, the entire $1,780.41 would be charged. This directly contradicts the actual hotel's policy and was a complete fabrication from Hotels.com. Finally, my husband placed a conference call, engaging both the property manager and a Hotels.com rep on the call. We thought the matter was finally settled and now we have received an email saying they cannot waived the penalty for this booking (sic). No name attached to the email, just initials and no contact information. Shady operation and it appears we will be disputing this with our credit card company at this point but my advice avoid Hotels.com at all costs. This does not appear to be an isolated incident.

I booked a dog friendly room in Treasure Island's Tahitian inn on July 4th weekend with family from U.K. The clerk told me Expedia/Hotel.com cancelled a few days after I booked trip which was paid in full with a confirmation email. They told me to contact Expedia. I did not get a refund as they stated they were not the Billing party and was stuck with my family including the dog. I was Mortified and after 3 hours being placed on hold and speaking to different people I was left with no place to go! Pet hotels last minute were 500+ per night so I had to find boarding for my pet in order to find a place to stay. I paid double due to the holiday and extra for boarding my dog which was 40 Min one way.

I will never ever use Hotels.com as this costs us more grief and anxiety for everyone involved and stress on my poor pup! Tahitian resort tried to assist but only so much they can do on July 4 weekend. My folks from U.K. Complained about the American idiots at Hotels.com/Expedia and the lack of remorse in not providing a refund and blaming the Hotel for their majestic asinine lack of customer service and American tomfoolery. Thanks Hotels.com/Expedia for nothing! Word is out from USA/UK standpoint - we will Never Use this site to Book anything - especially Hotels from Hotels.com/Expedia again!

Booked an apartment/hotel in Stockholm, prepaid. Fine print said that as not a hotel, one must contact the property manager to make arrangements for access/keys etc. The confirmations I received from Hotels.com gave an address for the apartment and a map. When I contacted the property manager to make arrangements for after-hours arrival, they also gave me the address of the property and good directions. However, the property they had me booked for was at a different address in a different part of the city. The photos were also of a different property. Luckily I contacted the property manager early so I would not go to the wrong place.

The manager basically said to ignore anything from Hotels.com and that they would look into why Hotels.com was providing me with incorrect information. There was also the suggestion that they had problems with Hotels.com/Expedia in that some of the properties they manage were appearing on their websites without the manager's consent. This is indeed a scary proposition and I am just thankful that I didn't appear in the evening after a 24-hour journey to the wrong place and not have a place to stay.

I used this entity to book a Days Inn Conference Center in Valdosta, GA. When my daughter and I got there, people were vomiting from the outside balcony above our heads; there were scumbags everywhere - the room was disgusting. I couldn't have my daughter stay there, so we went to an AWESOME hotel called "Drury." The problem is: Hotels.com took my money, even though we didn't even stay at the Days Inn hotel. Traveling? Try something else. Don't EVER USE THEM. You'll regret it!

This experienced traveler (1,117 TripAdvisor reviews in 28 countries) mistakenly thought he'd found a reputable online booking service. I had a good experience with two hotels booked for a New Mexico trip and chose the telephone option to book hotels in three Italian cities for an August 2017 excursion. For three nights in Florence, a Hotels.com supervisor said he would match the advertised TripAdvisor hotel rate of $109 (plus taxes), instead of the nightly rate of $124 for Hotels.com. He completed the information (arrival & checkout dates), added the tax and asked permission to charge US$366 to my credit card. Immediately I was charged by the hotel $422.99 for a non-cancellable rate. I cancelled the reservation, called Hotel Duomo in Florence, Italy, and explained the situation. I provided proof by a computer screen shot that the rate was supposed to be $109/night x3, plus tax.

The wonderful folks at Hotel Duomo reinstated the reservation and charged the lower rate, and issued a refund for the overcharge. When travelling to Italy, I highly recommend booking rooms directly with the hotels. But to save yourself grief, avoid HOTELS.COM at all cost, a despicable group of incompetents.

I used Hotels.com to reserve 2 rooms for my family at Super 8, Niagara Falls, Canada. When I arrived at the hotel, the front desk guy told me that the rooms are smoking rooms. I did not book smoking rooms for my kids specially for my 4 months old baby. I asked the guy if, he could help us and give us non-smoking rooms. The front desk guy told me that he cannot help me because I was not their customer and I should contact Hotels.com for help. My family and I were waiting for 2 hours in the lobby trying to contact Hotels.com for help and did not receive any satisfactory response from them. I talked to 4 customer representatives and a service manager and they all told me that they could not find any other room for me. And they are unable to refund my money because Super 8 already charged my credit card for the rooms. They offered me a $25 coupon if I wanted to cancel the reservation. I paid $243.95 and did not want to accept the $25 coupon.

Hotels.com left me and my family out there on the street with no other option and my family and I including my 4 months old baby had to spent the night in smoking rooms. This was the worst hotel stay for us and ruined our vacation. I will never use Hotels.com again and will ask my relatives and friends to do the same.

Went to hotel 3 hours on the road after working 10 hours. Found out hotel did not have a reservation for me and my wife. Clerk was very nice. She tried to find another room in city. All rooms were booked. We asked if she would call us if they had cancellation (meanwhile wife not too happy). It poured rain when we were leaving so we waited for it to stop. But then she found a room booked twice from someone else and said we could have it if we paid for it. Total bill was $100.79. Already paid Hotels.com $122.82. They advertise the lowest prices. Obviously not true. Next day I called them after 40 min on phone. Got a real person. He blamed it on the hotel clerk. I asked "What would you do to keep us as a customer?" Response "We gave you your money back. All we can do." DON'T USE THEM. WORST BUSINESS EVER DEALT WITH. Could you imagine all night in a car with ** WIFE? Me either.

I book five night and only stay one. So I ask them to refund me, they said they need to call the hotel. So I waited, few minutes later she the agent got back to me and said the hotel will not refund the remaining day. Lie, lie, lie. The agent didn't know I was standing in front counters of the hotel and I see exact what have happened. The hotel never said they will not refund, they were wait for Hotels.com to confirm that they will not charge me. The agent at Hotels.com just flat out lied to me. She didn't want to bother calling, so just told me that they will not refund. If I weren't standing there I would have lost those 4 nights. Bad bad bad.

I booked with Hotel.com and when we got to hotel for check in was informed we were in overflow because it was over booked. We booked this hotel as it was in walking distance to a venue with family. We were relocated 3 miles away. Called was transferred 6 times was on phone for hour with nothing but run around. I travel a lot and book many sites. This is the worse by far. And they were not in this country to whom I was talking to. The Hotel we stayed at was awesome but Hotel.com not at all!!

I am writing about the horrible customer service that I received from Hotels.com. I booked a hotel room for my boss last week through them. They charged me $372.79 for the room. The hotel then charged me another two times for the same room, but way less than Hotels.com. I called the customer service to fix this error and the first guy I spoke with was very rude and threatened to hang up on me. I asked if I could please speak to his manager. After being on hold for over 5 minutes, then same guy came on pretending to be someone else. He refused to escalate my situation. I'm now back on hold. I just want my money back for the charges. Will NEVER use Hotels.com again. Not only did they charge me almost $100 more for the room than the Hilton did on its double and triple charges, but they are not helpful at all in fixing the issue with the double and triple charge. WORST. CUSTOMER SERVICE. EVER.

I booked a 2 night hotel reservation through Hotels.com online. Both the website and the confirmation email from Hotels.com stated that I would not be charged until I checked in and that I could cancel the reservation up until the evening of arrival. However, Hotels.com charged me for 2 nights prior to the arrival date. As it turned out, I arrived at the hotel, which was far inferior to the description. It was late and I was stuck there for the evening but decided that I would not stay there the following night. The hotel required me to sign an agreement that I would pay them for the hotel stay. At that time, I didn't realize that Hotels.com had already booked me even though they were not authorized to do so. I told the hotel that I wanted to reduce my stay to just that one night, check out the next day, and not stay the two nights as originally planned. The hotel was OK with that and billed me for the one night that I was staying.

However, as stated, Hotels.com had billed me for two nights. At this point I had paid for three nights of the hotel and was only staying for one. I have already spent over an hour on the phone with Hotels.com trying to get them to credit me for the charge they were never authorized to make. They asked me to email them certain documentation, which I tried to do, but keep getting email errors. It seems as though I'm going to have to fight this out with my credit card company. I will never use Hotels.com again and, based upon my experience, would not recommend anyone else to use them either. For the record, this text was taken from my email confirmation from Hotels.com: "Your booking is complete. Payment will be taken by this hotel when you check in or check out. Thank you for booking with Hotels.com. Your Hotels.com Confirmation Number is **."

So I wanted to use Hotels.com because of their stay 10 nights, get one night free policy. However, I found the price of my hotel to be $400 cheaper overall on another site before I booked it with Hotels.com. Being the savvy consumer that I am, I called Hotels.com and spoke to one of their employees who confirmed for me that if I booked the hotel with them and did the filled out the required form on their site that I would get the lower price after going through the price guarantee match program.

So I did that, but also made a booking with the other cheaper site just in case things went south with Hotels.com. Well it's a good thing that I did because four days later I got an email from Hotels.com saying that they couldn't process my request because the room I wanted to price match was no longer available on their site along with the requested price and that they were "sorry". Well when I sent in the price match, I sent in a screenshot that clearly showed the price I found and when I called in the agent even found the price online and said they would definitely match it. In addition to that, I went onto the other website and found that Hotels.com had lied since the price I wanted them to price match to was still available.

I'm definitely not a happy customer and ended up cancelling my reservation with them right away and kept my booking with the other website instead. So my advice is to book a free cancellation with any Hotels.com booking. That way you can cancel it on your own and rebook with someone else, since Priceline doesn't seem to want to honor their own price guarantee system even when you follow their rules.

I booked a 7 night stay at Oceans Edge resort in Key West, the stipulation was that I could pay at check in at the resort. The bold letters said that "no charge will occur at this time", when I made the reservation. But to my surprise, one night hotel stay came out of my bank account, when I had not planned on that expense at that time. I called Hotels.com and although, the customer service rep was very nice, he said his hands were tied, and all they could do was cancel my reservation. He said that Oceans Edge decided to charge me one night stay... When the Hotels.com policy said I didn't have to pay anything. I feel these policies should all be worked out prior to this because I had an outstanding charge waiting to come through... And NOW I have to wait 3-10 days to get the money refunded to my bank account!!! Extremely upset!!

They booked a room for me, when I arrived to check in I am told everything is sold out. I called again and was out on hold forever, finally to get my money. No refund. They kept my money. Those scammers have heavy Indian accent and they don't give a rate as long as they have your money. I PRAY FOR JUSTICE.

I had a non refundable reservation in Houston for my business partner's check up at MD Anderson. He was taken to the Hospital in Destin the morning we were to depart for Houston. I did not expect or want a refund, however, since the hotel was paid for the room and since hotel.com received their commission I thought it only fair that I receive credit for the nights I paid for the room. I was told that their system would not allow them to give credit because the reservation was cancelled even though it had been paid for and was non refundable. I am the only one that lost on the transaction. Just beware!!!

I am Hotel.com's customer for almost 5 years. I collected 10 nights and when I want to use one hotel booking for free they told me that my reward expired. They never say anything about expiry date on their website. Recently I booked a 2 queen beds room through them in Washington and when I get to the hotel, they offered a room with one queen bed. I complained and they offered one uncomfortable folding couch instead of the other queen bed. I asked for a refund because of the price difference between these 2 rooms. They accept to refund 50$, but I haven't received it yet.

Also, in the hotel, they said "we offer whatever left to Hotel.com customers." They treated me as a second-class customer even though that I paid full price. I noticed when you book with them hotel gives you the worst room in the hotel. I informed the Hotel.com and filled out the review that they had sent to me regarding the hotel. They never get back to me and never provide any explanation or apology. Even they told me that they can't post my review about that hotel. When they don't respect their customers, how do they expect hotels treat their customers properly?

Booked my stay at a hotel that was near the lake where we had planned on spending Father's Day weekend. Get to hotel after driving hours with two small children and holy crap the hotel shows no record of our reservations via Hotels.com! We show them our print out received from Hotels.com and they said they were sorry but that they have been booked solid for two weeks straight! I looked at my husband in complete shock and was like, "Well what do we do now?" The lady at the front desk said, "Let me help you because this happens a lot with this company!!"

After over an hour on the phone with multiple Hotels.com agents they finally said they would book us into another hotel nearby. Yeah 33 freakin miles back the direction we came in!!! Omg I am livid by now! We get to the other hotel and it was horrible! Bugs in the room, AC is not working right, pool is green, breakfast is frozen and was just nasty, walls had handprints on them, electrical outlets were not even up to code!! My God the list goes on and on!! I sent Hotels.com a message through their site about my experience and that I wanted at least half my money back for this awful trip that had they done their job to begin with we would not be in this situation! Never ever use this company, call the hotels directly, save yourself some hassle!!!

Booked and pre-paid PET-FRIENDLY room for 2 nights on Hotels.com. Drove literally cross-country with kitten where Days Inn Red Wing MN MANAGER denied me my room (reason: my kitten wasn't a pet). While asking manager for corporate phone number, he called me a "crazy **" and said my not having a place to stay was not his "** problem". From the parking lot, while on the phone with Hotels.com corporate office for a refund (this was in April), the DAYS INN manager CALLED THE POLICE ON ME. Police arrived, apologized profusely, saying hotel manager called them because he was offended by my use of foul language. Even though I booked another hotel (!) Hotels.com did not refund my money until I threatened legal action 2 months later. Absolute idiots.

My husband who is severely handicapped and is a US Combat War Veteran has been shafted by this online travel agency. I booked a room, and on their site checked the 'in-room accessibility' and 'bathroom accessibility'. I was guaranteed the room. They tell you you can cancel if needed but don't tell you how long you have to do that till the room has been paid for and booked. Then they let you know that you only have till 6 pm of the day you made the booking. I had less than 2 hours to cancel since it was already after 4pm at the time.

WELL, 2 days later we arrive at the hotel and they tell us that they have a room booked for us but there was nothing said about it having to be handicapped accessible. They had no room for us. I tried to call and cancel and the computer voice said it went through and would show up 24 hours later on my credit card. LIES! It was never canceled. I called again a few days later to get this taken care of. They are refusing to reimburse us. We are out the $124.00! This is how Hotels.com treats their people.

I booked a room through hotels.com with confirmation number **. And the room was not booked at all. Hotels.com kept me waiting on call telling that they are resolving the problem and I continued to wait on hold for 3 hours. By the time I am writing this complaint situation is not yet resolved. Never ever book or use Hotels.com. They don't care for customer and don't follow transparent process. I am still not sure if I will be getting room or not?

Hotel.com on three occasions charged me twice for the same bookings. I received an e-mail alerting me that their site was corrupted and in particular my account. It took almost 2 weeks to return most of my credits for a free night. My second free night had a value of $154 and change. I applied it to a booking and my credit card company alerted me that I was charged for the full amount of the booking. I called customer service, which apparently is in the Philippines, and was told I would only be credited $139, I wouldn't receive the full value of my credited night of $154. When challenged the response was the same as all the other responses I had received. That being I apologize and I understand. However the full value would not be given.

In addition the e-mail sent about refunding me for I was charged the full amount after applying my free night, claimed it would take 15 days to see this refund. I can't suggest strongly enough to avoid using this company. If you search this company you'll see nothing but complaints of this nature. I consider myself foolish for using them. Again I suggest that you avoid them.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.
  • Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.
  • Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.
  • Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.
  • Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.
  • Best for Budget travelers.

Compare Travel Sites