1.18/5

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2347 Hotels.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I've called the customer service for Hotels.com a few times in The Netherlands and I always get the biggest morons on the phone who either provide me with the wrong information/wrong e-mail address to address an issue, don't have an answer and hang up the phone, tell me that they will fix the problem and I don't hear from them again, having fun with other colleagues while I'm calling about a complaint.

I've lost 2 Rewards night because I used my work e-mail address for those two specific bookings and now I can't redeem a night because the nights are already booked and pay for, but when I called the customer service and ask if it's ok to book an hotel and redeem the free night afterwards, they told me that's fine and I can do that. Today I'm hearing that's not possible! Worst worst worst customer service employees I've encountered.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Beware of Hotels.com!!! I made 2 reservations - 1 disappeared and the 2nd had its date moved to the disappeared reservation's date! Guess who has to not only pay for wrong date but did not have a hotel room??? And no, they are not helping me try to get a refund!!! Yes, this kid! Please SHARE SHARE SHARE!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The Candlewood hotel did not honor our reservation from Hotels.com. The Hotels.com relocate us to another stingy and smelly hotel in Red Carpet Inn. There was no Microwave to heat up our frozen food and no fridge. The Hotels.com even e-mail me to confirm that they have microwave and fridge but it was all lies. We have to get a transportation to go to the Red Carpet Inn. Our check-in was almost 4 am. Did not sleep well. We wasted our first day cruise. The Hotels.com did not give us a full refund. We should get a fair compensation for the inconvenient experience we had that night plus the transportation to go to Red Carpet Inn.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Created a booking using hotels.com mobile app. I used a discount code which they advertised for using their mobile app but nowhere during the booking process did they highlight that I would lose my rewards nights if I used the discount code. After making my booking I saw that the same was not added to my reward nights and called up customer care. Customer care told me that bookings with discount code would not be added to my reward nights. Highlighted to them that their useless app did not clearly mention this and they refused to budge. Offered to pay them the amount I saved due to the discount but still no solutions. Finally they offered me a compromise that they would only add two nights to my reward nights instead of the complete 4 nights that I booked. Asked me to contact customer care again once I returned from my trip.

After my trip, I contacted them and this time they told me that the "INFORMATION PROVIDED BY CUSTOMER CARE LAST TIME WAS FALSE". I was shocked at this level of incompetent customer care and had a huge argument with the customer care rep and the supervisor. Finally was given a cash coupon that I could use to book hotels the next time I made a booking. Honestly I have never experienced such poor customer service from any company that I have ever dealt with in my whole life. To provide your customer no solutions, untrustworthy advice and then escalate matters to such an extent to have them scream at you in order to finally get things moving.

Horrible horrible experience and I am never going to make a single booking with hotels.com again once I have used up my cash coupons. My BP was high for a good 2 days after this terrible experience and the whole image of hotels.com ruined in my mind. They do not care a damn about customer loyalty and customer service and never booking them again. Going to do my best to prevent any one of my friends from using them as well if possible.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Website defaulted back to ONE adult, I booked resort, upon reviewing my confirmation, I noticed it. I go back to website and see if it was my error, and nope it did it on its own. I call Hotels.com so there is no problem at resort and the person spoke broken English, so very hard to communicate, asked to speak with manager, same problem. Long story short, would not change my reservation unless I paid more money and then can't release my money that I just paid for 3 days, so now it holds up me booking with another company! I should have been given the price I was displayed, not my error about their website and they didn't offer any apology or discounted price... Never again will I book through them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I’ve booked I thought was there. Expedia sent me to hotels.com, I booked a room in Kennesaw Georgia. They immediately took the payment from my card, room was great, when I checked out the next morning the hotel gave me a receipt which was less than what hotels.com charged me. Called hotels.com, told them what happened, they said, "Oh well. We’re not giving you a refund of the difference."

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I usually do not write a review unless I have bad or wonderful experience. On 10 JUL 2018 during my vacation in Morocco. I reserved a rental apartment in Assilah for three days via HOTELS.COM and I got a message from HOTELS.COM stating "Your booking is guaranteed and all paid for". On our way to the Assilah the next day, I received a message from the property owner saying that due to a problem of overbooking, the apartment is not available for the 1st day of our three reserved days.

I always use HOTELS.COM outside Morocco with no issue. I asked the owner to explain the situation in details with no success. He told me to call HOTELS.COM and to find a solution for me. It seems the property owner found a good deal with others outside the online booking system (HOTELS.COM). When I tried to submit a review in HOTELS.COM about my experience with the owner of the property, I was not able to through their website. I talked with HOTELS.COM customer services multiple times to support with the posting of my review and associated it with the rental apartment with no success.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

We just made reservations for 2 rooms on your Hotels.com at Marriott for $149 and the Hotels.com system booked us with Hampton Inn across town for $175. When we tried to make the correction we got nowhere with your Hotels.com customer service agent or the Hampton Inn hotel manager. Each blamed each other and no one took responsibility for the system error. We are getting stuck with huge inconvenience and a higher price. This is a huge rip-off!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Booked a room with them and my reservation was confirmed then cancelled by them 2 hours later. They said they couldn't verify my credit card. So I made the same reservation again with a different card. Received my confirmation again. 8 hours later they cancelled again with the same reason. I called my CC company who informed that there hadn't been any transactions made towards my account. Hotels.com's customer service is a joke if you can understand them. I have booked through these people many times in the past without any problems. Never again!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

These people LIE. I booked through them to get rewards money and when I went to check on them, They said, "Sorry you don't exist." I stayed and returned home to check. I supplied the confirmation number and all the details FROM THEIR EMAILS TO ME. The girl Kath on chat said basically... "So sorry. BYE." I was booking another vaca and I am now retired. MANY more to come. WILL NEVER use them again.

Hotels.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.

• Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.

• Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.

• Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.

• Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs