Hotels.com

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hotels.com website has changed... & not for the better. :( They now charge much higher prices - so it costs more than competitive sites & even booking directly with the hotel costs less! In addition, they have now added 'fees' i.e. a commission charged to you... whilst they are simultaneously charging the hotel a commission for your booking with Hotels.com. This is unethical & is called 'double dipping'! So, guess what? That "Free" 11th night... They actually make you pay for that night through their 'fees'. Do the math & your homework, folks! If it is not cheaper for the total booking, do not use them. Sometimes they run flash sales or deep discounts, but these promos usually run 24 hrs and you have to move fast. Also... Poor customer service... A bunch of young girls in the Philippines who are basically just reading from a script...

Unlike the rest of the world that shows professional standards during hurricanes and other natural disasters, Hotels.com would not waive the cancellation fee for a one night stay in Cancun. The agent (Alexander) that I spoke with to alert the company I had no way of getting to the hotel because of flight cancellations was only interested in declaring that the cancellation fee was the amount of the reservation. I called the hotel and was assured they would not charge me or the reservation system, but the charge showed up anyway from Hotels.com. The airlines made requested changes without fees and rebooked me three times due to cancellations. Hotels.com took advantage of the situation and should be penalized by the State of Florida and Georgia for unlawful acts during a natural disaster. I plan to make sure that the proper authorities are made aware of Hotels.com un-American policies.

Margaritaville Resort Biloxi - Day 1. Got to hotel room to find soiled pants in the bathroom that were not mine or my family members. Complained to the hotel manager and moved us to another room. This next room found the comforter on the bed to look like there was some soil like stain on it. Complained the hotel and moved us to another room. Day 2. Parked via valet. Leaving to go to dinner with my family only to find that my vehicle was broken into with no signs of forced entry. To the hotel's credit, they comped my stay. Police report was filed but no reimbursement for the expensive item stolen from my vehicle (which was locked in the vehicle with no sign of forced entry). Cameras up but not working.

Day 3. On the way out to leave, to find my kids leaned on the wall with paint all over their new clothes. No ''wet paint'' sign or warning in the area. By this time we just left. Been in communication with the manager/owner over time but he has since stopped communicating with me regarding reimbursement for my stolen item. Complaints filed with Better Business Bureau, Attorney General's Office, updated reviews on TripAdvisor and here.

Words can not express how crappy this company is. I will never use them again - and I am going to tell everyone I know. I had a hotel booked in Charleston, SC for a conference. It had been booked for weeks. Hurricane Irma is going to hit Charleston the day we are supposed to check in. The governor of SC declared SC to be in a state-of-emergency, and Hotels.com held on to our money. They would not refund it. Screw you Hotels.com, you are a bunch of money-hungry scum bags. How can you sleep at night.

I called Hotels.com to book a hotel with a jetted bathtub. He assured me that I would have one. I paid for it as well. When I got to the hotel, they told me that they don't have any record of that. So I ended up paying an extra 100 the clerk charge me for an upgrade. I got home two weeks later and was charged 200 instead of 100 from resort casino. So both parties took advantages of me. Hotels.com is misleading. He made me cancel my first booking which was cheaper to have me pay more for a jetted tub that I requested and never got. I spent $597 bucks for two days. When I was only suppose to pay $397. I'm very upset and will not use either party ever again. Money does not fall off of trees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

HORRIBLE customer service!!! I just returned from a motorcycle road trip, we stay in different hotels every night as we only explored an area for the day and then moved. We do not make any reservations ahead of time because we never know where we will be. So we used the Hotel.com app (as we've done for over 5 years) when we get to a town we will be staying in. I was on a mission this trip to use only Hotels.com so that we could 'earn' our free night for an out of town wedding we had coming up. So I booked all our nights through Hotels.com, even when we were told from four of hotels that we could save between $20 and $42 if we booked directly through the hotel itself. I opted to pay more through Hotels.com so that I could get that free night!! On the last night of our trip, which was our tenth hotel stay, I noted a huge banner at the bottom on the app as I was booking "5% OFF on our app - Use Code MOB5" so I did and saved a whopping $5.02!!!

A few days after we got home I noticed that that last hotel was not showing up in my rewards display. I called customer service to see what was taking so long for it to be added, only to find out that since I used the advertised discount from them, that hotel could not be counted in my rewards, what a scam!!!! I told them I would pay the $5.02 I saved with that coupon so I could add that hotel to my rewards and was told by the customer service 'supervisor' Fatima **, that they wouldn't be able to help me at all!!! Unbelievable that over $5.02 they would choose to lose a loyal customer of over 5 years!!! So I wanted to let any customers of theirs know, if you're using their app to book hotels and are trying to earn those rewards they are so proud to advertise, DON'T USE COUPON CODES!!!

August 28, 2017 I cancelled hotel reservation for August 31, 2017 reservation. On August 30 my debit card was charged $96.34. I alerted Hotels.com and I was hung up on, lied to about I needed to talk to the hotel. Then out of my persistence they sent an email saying they were trying to get in touch with the manager to refund my money. I haven't received any more emails yet. I'm dissatisfied and disappointed that it's that easy to take people's hard earn cash. Who censors online business? Who else can I contact?

Twice in a row now, Hotels.com has ripped us off. How they are allowed to get away with being this dishonest and incompetent renders me speechless. On one occasion, we were traveling and booked a hotel in a small resort town, and got a confirmation email. We arrived late, and were told that there "was a problem" and that Hotels.com had screwed up... That they were full. Apparently, Hotels.com's database was wrong about room availability, and they left us completely stranded... No rooms for 200 miles. They not only never apologized, they refused to refund our money.

Second instance was when we took a road trip, and booked a room at our destination for that night... But when we tried to check in (after a very long day), we were told that the reservation had been made for a week later than we specified, and that they could cancel the reservation but I would have to book the hotel myself. Again, no refund and no explanation as to why the reservation dates mysteriously changed.

I joined Hotels.com and earned 9 nights towards a free night. Unfortunately my young sister died unexpectedly after an accident and everything changed. My hotel nights were forgotten about because I had to travel overseas multiple times in the year to help sort things out. They expired, I hadn’t received any notices to tell me, I noticed after 5 weeks of expiration. Hotels.com were completely unsympathetic. I spoke to a supervisor Sam, who said she was in Central America, tried to escalate my problem but she said she was at the top of the chain so it was useless to try getting anyone else. I have never cancelled or caused any trouble with bookings with the company so I think they were extremely heartless in this regard. I wouldn't have cared less if it was just 1 or 2 but to be 1 away from my 10 nights was harsh.

I was using Hotels.com for a multiple day trip through out BC and they had a promotion where if I book 10 hotels using my account I receive one night free. I booked all the Hotels for the trip and used my account which I had setup with Hotels.com so I can begin to "save up nights" and redeem the free hotel booking at a later date once I reached the required number. For one of the nights I sent the confirmation email to my wife so she can have the information for the trip and where we will be staying. Well I came back from the trip and have realized that they did not count that night because I had sent the confirmation booking from Hotels.com to my wife's email account and it did not match the email address that was on the Hotels.com account which was my own. I called their customer service department to explain the situation and they were not willing to help or do anything in an act of good will.

At one point one of the customer service reps said that they will honor it because I had used my own account but shortly after he disconnected the phone. I tried to contact him again but they then changed their mind and once again said that they will not do it. I have to say that I am extremely disappointed and will not be using their services again. I would definitely not recommend them to other people as well.

Horrible customer service. How can a company like this stay in business? We made a huge mistake by reserving a hotel through Hotels.com. The hotels we picked didn't offer any accessibility options and refused to give us a room on the first floor. Obviously we had to find a different hotel that day. Hotels.com refused to issue a refund. Their excuse was very simple: your reservation is not refundable. These criminals should be banned from doing business.

Despite the fact that I work in the hospitality industry, I was having no luck with finding a hotel in my price range in the central London area for some dates in May of 2018. I have used hotels.com before and it has always worked out for me. I found a property that had very favorable reviews and booked it. A few days later we found out that our travel plans had to change so I reached out to the hotels.com representative to cancel it. The representative advised me the rate was nonrefundable. As I mentioned previously, I work in the industry, I am well aware when exceptions can be made. If I was canceling on the day of arrival or even the day before, I would not expect a refund; this was nine months away. I asked the representative to call the property directly to see if they could waive the penalty. The representative claimed she called them and reported back to me the answer was still no, they could not refund the rate.

I asked her to check again, both times she reported back the property would not agree to it. The next morning I emailed the property directly and stated my situation. A few hours later, someone from the hotel emailed back and advised they were happy to assist me. He could not have been more accommodating. This led me to wonder: did the hotels.com representative actually speak to someone at the property or was that just a ruse? I thanked the hotel representative and contacted hotels.com again. I was assured the reservation would be canceled, as long as the property was okay with it.

This morning, a little over a week since my last interaction with both the property and the hotels.com desk, I received an email from the same accommodating gentleman at the property that they had yet to receive a cancellation request from hotels.com. So I had to call again to verify it would be canceled and a refund would be forthcoming.

Hotels.com failed to notify the DoubleTree Hotel in Anaheim, Calif. that I canceled my reservation and so the hotel charged me $285.94 as a no-show. And here is the weird part... I had confirmation in an email of the cancellation but when I had Hotels.com on the phone, suddenly all my correspondence and this cancellation document magically disappeared in my email account. It was this cancellation document and all other correspondence with them. I know that sounds impossible but that's exactly what happened. The 5th telephone person in customer service said he would submit this situation to be reviewed. This is what I learned: Never use a third party, like Hotels.com, to make your reservations. Just call the hotel yourself.

It's such a disappointment that companies that provide a service take advantage and rip-off their clients. I made a reservation with HOTELS.COM through the application on my phone, paid for down payment that I could "CANCEL FOR FREE" within a period of time before my actual reservation. I found a Better Deal for the same place and time on EXPEDIA so I cancel my reservation with HOTELS.COM, waited for those 15-20 days after cancellation to have my money return.

3 months has gone by and I still have not gotten my money back despite the fact that I have already made many many calls send e-mails with my bank statements to different departments (English and Spanish) and the answer over the last 2 months is been the same. Wait for our investigation for 7 days!!! How many weeks (7-days) should I wait to get my money back??? NO ONE can answer my questions, Customer service only replies "APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENT".

My family and I were on a trip to the Nashville area for the solar eclipse. We made reservations through Hotels.com for a hotel in Gordonsville TN. We made it just outside of Nashville and called the hotel and found out they were already booked. Hotels.com booked our rooms for September when we had tonight (8-20-17) selected as the date we needed. Hotels.com refused to reimburse our cost and the hotel refused also saying they had a no refund policy. This wasn't our fault seeing how Hotels.com made an error while booking the room.

I then called Hotels.com and booked a room at the Deerfield Inn located in Parsons TN. The lady on the phone said we had 2 rooms and took my credit card. We drove 100+ miles only to arrive and find out they were also booked. My family and I slept in the bed of my pickup truck because of 2 errors that this awful website made! I would definitely NOT use this site as they were not helpful with refunds and careless with the booking process. We drove halfway across the US, only to sleep in the bed of a pickup truck due to their negligence! Awful company and awful website!

I have never dealt with a more incompetent company in my life. I had a horrible experience at a hotel in Mexico who charged me for a room I never saw and would not allow me access to the amenities I paid for. I called Hotels.com and spoke with a manager named Lucy would promised to make it right with me and was going to call the hotel and contact me back within 24 hours. This did not happen and when I called back, there was no record of my call. No one was working on anything. There is also no record of when I updated my reservation from the terrible hotel to a better one. Every single time I call there, I can different info (inaccurate) and there is never a record of my call. They are doing nothing to help me. Worse, they are making information up. Nothing they say is accurate. NOTHING. It is unreal how they have treated me. Will NEVER use them again. Stay away.

I was traveling through Spokane Washington on a rainy night so I decided to get a room at the Red Lion Hotel. The lady looked me up and down as I approached the door and said, "We don't have any room. We're booked". Then I notified her that I've already booked the room on Hotels.com. She said, "Well we're already at full capacity." I said, "But my room is already booked," she said, "Let me see your reservation" then proceeded to look at the computer like there was something wrong then she told me, "Yeah we don't accept those credit cards." It was a debit card from Wells Fargo. I was totally through at that point then she proceeded to tell me that I can call Hotels.com and let them know that she canceled my reservation so I did so and never received my $86.42 back...

So I called customer service and told them what happened. After 3 weeks the first customer service rep told me that they didn't refund this balance. Then I was transferred to another rep who is a so-called manager and they told me that the funds were refunded. I talked to my bank and my bank never seen a refund so I called customer service back and they credited me $100 gift certificate and stated that the funds would be returned once again. I never received those funds but hey I got $100 gift certificate. I said it's okay.

Second situation: I'm in Las Vegas Nevada for a very important meeting I order a room at the Aviation Hotel. Total and complete hell. Soon as I go inside the lady says, "How can I help you." I tell her that I ordered a room on Hotels.com she says, "Okay". I sure am at my ID being a previous Nevada resident. She says, "Oh we don't rent to locals". So I explained to her I don't live out here anymore I only have the ID and I also showed her my registration for my car. She says back to me, "We don't rent to locals". I said, "Okay call Hotels.com to get a refund" and it took 3 weeks to get a refund of $34.23... Hotels.com issue me a $25 gift certificate. I said it's okay. All is well and well I'll run again.

Third situation August 21, 2017. I rent a room at the Dixie Orange County taking my kids to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farms end of vacation. First thing the guy says was $100 deposit. I said, "Okay. That's rude". The man turns and says, "I don't want to rent to you. Get out". I call hotels.com for a refund or transfer of hotels. I sit on the phone for an hour arguing with the manager. After sitting on the phone with a customer Reps for 20 minutes the manager has the nerve to tell me after she made me wait an hour that my reservation was already locked in and I could not transfer my reservation. This is totally horrible. I have my kids in the backseat, my kids are sitting up sweating in the car asking me, "Daddy are we going to get a room now." I'm driving around the city wondering what am I going to do or what can I do. I'm on the last of my cash.

We're going home tomorrow and now you're telling me that you can't rent a room to me because it's too late. I have to spend more money and then they tell me I have to wait 24 hours to 7 business days to receive my funds back. What type of business is this Hotels.com. They have managers who are rude. I spoke to Yazzy who was totally rude and I had to disconnect the car because she was so argumentative then I turn around and talk to a manager name K who continue to repeat the same thing, "We have processed your refund. Would you like to rebook a room." I tell her, "No I would not like to rebook a room. I would like to transfer the reservation over to another hotel." This guy is totally rude. The manager turns and tells me, "Well it's too late. You're already locked in and only thing we can do is process you a full refund that you have to wait 24 hours to 7 days."

I've been using Hotels.com for over 5 years now and never once have I had this problem. I've been a loyal customer. I've received many nights free as the 10th night. I can say this after all the years of using this service. I refuse to use the service ever again. You have stolen. Your customer service is rude and I do not feel like a valued customer in or even just a regular customer. I am appalled and ashamed at your customer service. I would never treat anyone like that especially a person with kids.

After seeing their account and how many times Hotel.com has messed up. This is crazy. You have lost a loyal customer and I hope more people use Expedia or other companies and not Hotels.com because your customer service is rude. Your actions are horrible. Your processing of refunds are horrible then you give out measly gift certificates to cover the money that you're stealing. I never use this company again ever. I'm sick and disgusted at the actions that you're of your MGR. Is this your standard protocol. Is this your business practices in ethics. Is this the basis that you base your business upon... I can't deal.

I went online to book a room so I googled Cavendish PEI to rent a hotel room in PEI and I clicked on a link from Hotels.com and re-entered the location of hotel desired and a list of hotel popped out... so I looked at most hotel and booked a nice hotel and paid with PayPal. When email confirmation arrived, I was like what is this. Then I googled the address of the email confirmation of hotel and google to me it was in UK, not even 3 minutes after I realized it is bad, I went online to cancel it and it told me that nothing was reimbursable... I was like "what the hell". Not my fault Hotels.com brought me there!!! So I called them right away explaining them the story I just told you and they said they would try to call the manager and ask them to reimburse.

I was told hotel was closed!!! Yes... as if that makes sense. It was 10 pm then. What was happening. So they told me they'd call the next day at 8 am and didn't hear from them so I called at 11 am to see what was going on and they said the hotel didn't call them back. So he called the hotel and said manager would not reimburse. I was like "what the **". I wanted to cancel 5 mins after booking and not my fault Hotels.com brought me there... so then they said they would escalate it. And they called me today and did nothing. It is not fair!! I should have a reimbursement from Hotels.com for this mistake which I tried to correct 5 mins after error was done on stupid Hotels.com site. They owe me!!??

Be aware of room details with Hotels.com. We were on the road looking at the Hotels.com website. We needed 2 double beds and a sofa bed. We could find this information on the website and called to confirm we were actually getting a sofa bed. Customer service would always say "Yes. That is what the description reads." We would show up at the hotel and right away they would say "I bet you are looking for a sofa bed because you booked through Hotels.com." We would say "yes" and they would say "It is a chair. Not a sofa bed." We have had several problems with their descriptions and we tried to get Hotels.com to change it but they refuse. We called Hotels.com to change our room and the highest level they could give me was a Customer Service Supervisor and he could do NOTHING! This is after we have been on the road for 10 hours and 9pm at night.

I booked 2 hotel rooms at Wyndham Garden Sterling Heights through Hotels.com for my son's 5th Birthday party. When I received my confirmation receipt, I read through it and noticed that the Water Park at the hotel was only opened on Fridays and Saturdays, my son's birthday party was scheduled for Sunday. The water park was the whole reason I reserved the hotel in the place, Hotels.com failed to mention the park would not be opened on their website prior to me reserving the rooms. I had to cancel my son's party and not only that we can't have another party until a week after his birthday because I will not have access to the refund for 5-7 days. The supervisor did give me a $100 voucher, but that is no match for the inconvenience or the upset that this has caused my child.

I booked a room on Hotels.com in July 2017 for a trip in late August to move my daughter into Texas Tech. I received the confirmation that it was paid, but after driving 8 hrs, I showed up at the Hotel and they said they did not have my name in the system. Hotels.com did not send it. They kept putting me on hold, because they had to talk to the Hotel, then it would have taken forever for them to find another. Luckily, the front desk of Wingate Wyndham in Lubbock called a new hotel to see if they had a room, and they had just had a cancellation. Do not use Hotels.com. Horrible company, and based on reviews, this happens a lot. The front desk of the hotel said it always happens.

Hotels.com has done an absolutely horrible job of owning their responsibilities and taking care of the customer as they promised they do. I booked every single hotel (across 5 different cities) for a trip to Ireland through Hotels.com thinking that anything that I would need would be addressed in a timely manner and the proper care given. This was sadly not the case.

A short while after booking my hotels through the site and routinely pricing against other sites to see if the prices decreased, I finally saw the prices drop and alerted Hotels.com. I emailed them a few times for multiple hotels and THEY IGNORED ME. I provided them more than ample time to respond and information on the new pricing that I found and they simply CONTINUED TO IGNORE ME. I decided to call them to see what was going on and why they were ignoring my repeated attempts for help and to get a credit back on the hotels that dropped in price. Once again, THEY PROVIDED NO ASSISTANCE AT ALL.

In desperation, I used the tool on their site for credit back on the hotels that dropped in price and provided them more than enough information and I finally got a response from them. One of the hotels they refused to provide the credit on and they let so much time elapse causing me to lose out completely on the offer and credit.

Here's the twist... after fighting tooth-and-nail, I was able to get a refund on one of the hotels, but then they emailed me telling me they were going to reverse the credit. Can you imagine the audacity of the company to ignore and then eventually strong-arm a consumer for so long and then tell that consumer they were going to reverse the credit that the consumer is owed?

In addition, Hotels.com attempts to scam and lure in customers via their app by showing one price and the second you tap on that hotel the prices goes up. This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. They are simply horrible and I'm 100% for profit-making, but they use every attempt possible to abdicate their responsibilities and mislead and lie gleefully. They ignore their own policies and every attempt in making it right for the consumer. They care about nothing but taking advantage of the consumer and my experience proves that. They ignored me, tortured me, over-charged me, and bullied me into accepting an outcome that was not in line with their policies nor their (unfortunately empty) promises.

I booked the Mansion Inn in St. Pete through Hotels.com and it was totally unacceptable... Not at all what was described. It was more expensive than the Marriott, Holiday Inn and other luxury hotels - was supposed to be a Bed n Breakfast, but there was no breakfast, the bed was broken, there were no parking spots, no hot water in for the shower, no English speaking representative at 'front desk', no wifi... The place was very rundown and in need of a safety health inspection. When I contacted Hotels.com to inform them, they offered me a $50 coupon, but nothing about verifying the accuracy of the property or getting a refund from the sham BnB. Since the coupon could only be used if I booked with them in the future, I declined it.

Recently I booked a hotel through hotels.com. The prices I was quoted on their website were in Canadian dollars. When I checked out of the hotel, they charged me the dollar amount from my quote, but in USD. The quotation I received from Hotels.com was clearly indicating CAD on the page. The option to pay now or later showed the same amount (in CAD). Every time I received a response from hotels.com it started with "Thank you for your response" and then they would go on to ignore every screen shot I sent them showing the CAD in the quotation. When I requested to speak with someone, they ignored my request, and I posed 2 specific questions in order to try and resolve the issue, again they ignored my questions. This company is a RIP OFF and provides consumers with false and misleading prices and then takes no responsibility for it.

I book a hotel night on July 30th 2017 in Oregon and when I get to the hotel that I booked and paid for at 11 pm the hotel said they never received my booking from Hotels.com and there is no room left in that hotel that night, so I had to call Hotels.com to find another place to sleep before I do a 7 hours drive back to Vancouver. On next morning I was on the phone with them for OVER 2 HOURS!! They keep putting me on hold!! Finally they found me a hotel to stay but I HAVE TO PAID FOR IT ON MY CARD FIRST! Because somehow they can't pay for it from the website but the supervisor was telling me that I'll get the full amount of CA$304 reimburse to my credit card (I confirm with her a few times because I was really uncomfortable about paying another hotel on top of CA$189 that I already paid for the hotel that I never get to stayed.) plus a US$75 voucher toward my next trip because they feel sorry about what happened.

At that point it was 2 am already. I was so tired I just need a room to sleep so I agreed and went to the other hotel and pay for it. When I'm doing that the supervisor call to the hotel and confirm with the hotel staff how much I paid for the night. On next morning I checked my emails to see if I got my reimbursement or not and I did, but instead of CA$304 they only send me CA$280 and I never received any voucher. I was hoping that it was just some kind of delay for emails and I keep waiting to see if I'll get the rest of my reimbursement because I really don't want to make another call... But I never got anything else after the initial reimbursement so I finally make a call today to ask about the reimbursement and the voucher that I was promised.

At first the girl that answers the phone was saying on their record it shows that they already refund me the full amount for the hotel that I booked but never get to stayed and they didn't owe me anything and after I explained everything she put me on hold for almost half hour and finally get back to me. This time she is telling me that I misunderstood them that they only said they'll refund my hotel booking and the extra CA$90 that they refund me was the compensation instead of the US$75 voucher, I was shocked!! I can't believe that a big website like this will lied to their customers like this! Instead of getting any kind of compensation I have to pay extra CA$25 for their mistakes!

I told the girl that I can't believe this is how they solve their problems and if I can talk to someone else that have more power to solve it and she said that the only thing she can do for me and is EXCEPTIONAL is that she can issue me a CA$50 voucher for my next booking and that'll be the only thing she can do... I really don't know what to say... If you can't transfer me to someone that can solve this problem what else can I do? And the whole time she was using this machine like voice even when she said she is apologize for all this. I really can't feel the apologies. Just want to share my first and the last experience with Hotels.Com with everyone else that is planning to book a hotel through Hotels.Com and make sure you call to the hotel that you book before you leave for your trip even though on Hotels.com’s confirmation email it tells you that there is a no need to call.

I had booked 8 rooms for a special event and when we got home I had noticed that I was billed twice, once from hotels.com and once from the hotel. The hotel did credit two of the rooms back right away but not all 8 for some reason. I have contacted hotels.com several times to keep hearing the same thing. "Give us 48-72 hours to check into this." Nothing yet, it's not like it's a couple hundred dollars. it's 2000 dollars. What the heck???

Just never use Hotels.com. I have booked this app for half price in Shoreditch. It was still expensive, they just wanted to attract people. When I came there, the place was very dirty, noisy and no air. I cleaned up my room first and they agreed I could change the room the next day in the evening. When I came back the next day, they put my stuff in the suitcase, my glasses and delicate things without protection. Jewellery, everything upside down and one of my trousers was wet and dirty. I was so shocked! They didn't even apologized. They put the blame on me, I should have emptied the room in the morning... I stayed for one more night in the new room and the air was even worse and noisy as well. I woke up in the middle of the night. I left immediately in the morning and of course they say no money back!!! I'm in a proper hotel now! Still waiting for the answer of the manager.

I really wish I would have read reviews before booking hotels through this site. Cancellation fee is bogus. If I booked directly through the Alakai hotel in Wisconsin Dells the cancellation fee is only $20 but through Hotels.com it was $82.09. WHAT? Now that I've read reviews DON'T BOOK THROUGH WEBSITE. Use the website to get an idea of what hotels are in the area you want to visit and call hotel directly. The prices you get by going to hotel directly are the same, if not better.

When we booked our room for the Drury Inn Horn Lake, MS the employees accessed our credit card and immediately took it to the Kroger store across the street from Drury Inn and tried to shop with it. We were notified by our bank's fraud unit at once. We arrived at the Drury Inn and they refused our reservations with cash payment and insisted we had to have a credit card (which had been canceled thanks to them) so we had nowhere to stay. The assistant manager was rude and unprofessional and the other staff found our situation to be funny and were laughing.

As far as they were concerned it was the fault of Expedia/Hotels.Com. And they were going to do nothing about it. It is obvious that this establishment is running a theft scam of some sort and you just need to make all buyers aware. We will never use our credit card again and will be using only a prepaid card for future reservations anywhere. We are in the middle of moving from our home in ks to our new home in FL and this really put a huge inconvenience on us.

Terrible customer service. I've booked 20 nights on Hotels.com platform hoping to collect nights through their Rewards program (you get a free night once you book 10 nights) but unfortunately they claimed that my accounts is not enrolled to collect nights. Weird, I've been a loyal client for over 7 years now and never had issues with the Rewards program but at the end of the day they probably believe that they don't need to look after their customers anymore.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.
  • Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.
  • Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.
  • Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.
  • Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.
  • Best for Budget travelers.

Compare Travel Sites