1.06/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

2116 Hotels.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I reserved a room for 3 nights in Detroit in early November for a conference back in October. I live east of Montreal and choose to drive there so it's about a 13 hour drive. 5 hours into the drive on what was going to be first night stay, I got an email saying my reservation was no longer available and to call the service line. This was around 3 pm in the afternoon so around check in time had I been in Detroit already. The lady said the hotel was not available anymore due to overbooking and they would put me in a different hotel and make up the difference in charges. I said ok and that because I was part of a conference, I needed to be in the area of the conference center and suggested a few places she could check, one of those being the Holiday Inn Express Downtown Detroit which was a listed overflow hotel for the conference.

She put me on hold and came back a while later and said she had secured me a room at the Holiday Inn and that everything was moved over. Great! As I was driving a bit further, I checked the confirmation email that arrived and said I was I booked in the Holiday Inn Express but in Windsor, Canada, NOT in Detroit or even the right country. Yes Windsor is technically on the other side of the river but it's not "walking distance" or the right country or, more importantly, the hotel I asked her to check. Clearly there she just booked the first place that came up in her area search.

I called back and got another agent who said he needed to verify that I did indeed say I wanted to be in the Detroit area and that I said that Holiday Inn before they could cancel and find a new place. What a pain... So I waited and he came back and said I was correct and cancelled the reservation at the Windsor hotel and put me on hold again to find another hotel. When he came back, he said everything was booked up and that they could either put me in a 2 star hotel 30 mins away. This was not acceptable. He also then told me that their price difference policy is limited to something like $100 more a night. The lady made no mention of the limit. I know for a fact there were more rooms available at the higher tier hotels as I had checked earlier after the first call. They just didn't want to cough up the money.

Finally, he said he might have found something and then proceeded to offer me the Holiday Inn Express... in Windsor. The one he had just cancelled. In the end, I cancelled everything and will never use this service again. What is the point of this service if they can't reserve a room??? What if I had flown to Detroit and got this information while going to hotel. I ended up not having anywhere to stay at all.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

While in the Philippines our honeymoon was extended one day in Manila. Instead of striking the 7, I struck the 8 for the date by mistake. Unwittingly I made an error in sending the booking request before rechecking the date. Immediately after sending the request, I noticed my mistake, but when I contacted the 800 number given in their website, I was put in some kind of automated loop that could not respond to my requests. Once I finally got a hold of a live person which took a lot of finesse Hotels.com refused to credit the mistake, and even lied about attempting to credit us by contacting the hotel. Months later after my bank ran an investigation Hotels.com refused to release our funds hiding behind a trumped policy. They flat out refused to give our money back for a simple mistake. This is nothing less than theft by deception and I would like the world to know the character of this operation.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I bought hotel voucher to Patong, Thailand to stay at the BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel for 5 nights. When I see the price for 2 adults (5 nights) it is Aud 2299 w/ breakfast. Since we are travelling with another 2 children, we put 2 adults and 2 children on our booking with the Hotels.com. Then the price becomes $2969 which very reasonable since we have 2 extra children in the room. Everyone will assume the difference in the price which is Aud 670 is to cover the 2 children. However, when I asked Hotels.com, they said I still have to pay extra bed and extra breakfast to the hotel at the hotel's charge. This is the first time I book through Hotels.com with the reference from my ANZ credit card. However I felt tricked and I could have booked under 2 adults and use the difference of $670 which I paid extra to Hotels.com, I can pay it directly to the hotel to cover the extra bed and breakfast for my kids.

I wish I read the review before purchase with Hotels.com. This company should be investigated as I can see many negative review about the company. I attach my booking confirmation payment with the price $2969 (2 adults and 2 kids) and the price with the same type of room when booked for 2 adults only which is only charged $2299. Where is the $670 my extra payment going? The Hotels.com is taking consumer's money without providing extra benefit from the extra charge. Try to think for future business and not one-time business only.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I couldn't attend an event in Santa Barbara, Ca., so I canceled the room. I looked at my bank account and they had taken the full amount out. I called the hotel, and they said I had checked in, but that they also said that I had canceled. It was something "the system" did. I get tired of these incompetent people who can't tie their shoes without relying on "the system". I will be getting in touch with a class action attorney, and we will see how their "system" works then. This is a consumer ripoff, and needs to be stopped.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I booked a hotel on Hotels.com. I called the hotel to get directions after I had booked it on Hotels.com. The lady did not speak English and did not understand. I did not know how to get there and kept hanging up on me. I never stayed there and Hotels.com will not help me to get my money back. -0 rating and I would never recommend them to anyone. Customer service was rude and no help and just said they were not going to refund my money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I booked a Marriott Hotel several months ago through Hotels.com and never received the email confirmation. I found my reservation and attempted to cancel; they claim it is non-refundable. I contact the hotel directly and they contradict what I was told. I call Hotel.com back and they keep telling me the hotel will not refund; they have not been paid yet according to Marriott. This crap has gone on for 4-days. Lesson learned, book direct and screw third party websites.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was booking a room at Mission Point Resort at Mackinac Island, MI through Hotels.com for a special weekend at the end of October. I called Mission Point for information and they couldn't find my reservation! They said I had to call Hotels.com to find out what up. I called Hotels.com and got the typical awkwardly friendly broken-English call center they said my reservation was for September - and the dates don't even match the dates I reserved IN October! However, my checking account was debited of the full amount IMMEDIATELY! She put me on hold and said she was calling Mission Point.

When she came back she said we were NO-SHOWS! Of course we were NO-SHOWS because I booked a month in advance! She said she would talk to a supervisor and came back and said their system showed no irregularities and unfortunately I'm out of luck. I'm disputing the charge and sending a message of warning to Mission Point that they're in business with an unethical secondary marketer that's profiting from them and the consumer.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Had to cancel my room. After speaking with two reps explained I could no longer attend my trip because of a death. I kept being told I could not cancel my room because the hotel said it was against their policy and I would be charged the full $400. I said F Hotels.com, I am calling the hotel who was very kind and let me cancel my reservation. The hotel also said they had spoke with Hotels.com reps and that the reps just had told them I wanted to cancel. Nothing about the fact I had a family death and was no longer able to attend my reservation.

Their reward systems is a scam. I've decided to see their pricing and then call hotels to see how much they charge a night. I came to find out that it is cheaper to go directly through the hotel. Hotels.com was usually $20-$50 higher. So after you've accumulated your "reward points" you've technically spent that money being overcharged by Hotels.com. Their reps are the worst people on earth. Filipino robots.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

First of all I made a booking for Mercure Amsterdam City hotel in July 2017 and canceled August 2017 in plenty of time not to be charged. Then after my trip to Amsterdam I was charged by Mercure Amsterdam Sloterdijk hotel (a different hotel) for not turning up?!? Confused? I was too! So my trip to Amsterdam was for 6th-8th October 2017. On the 18th of October this hotel charged me £217.72 & £5.98 for a no-show. A no-show!?! So a booking I hadn't even made they still took money out of my account. I chased it for two days back and forth between Mercure Sloterdijk & Hotels.com to be told by Hotels.com their computer system doesn't lie & that I did make the booking and I cannot get my money back!

Upon speaking to the hotel which were helpful to some extent! Told me I had three reservations booked with them and two was canceled again not to my knowledge. An advisor at Hotels.com told me I had made this very reservation Myself via the internet which I had no idea about and I also called up and made another reservation over the phone??! By this point I'm furious and I demanded to speak with a manager who was so patronizing and unconcerned. I should of spoken to a brick wall instead! She told I hadn't made a booking over the phone even though a colleague of hers said I did, (& I thought the system didn't lie?)

She informed me no she wait, she TOLD me I did make the booking after me crying on the phone being left with £0 and overdrawn I didn't. There was nothing they can do for me. I questioned them asking for someone higher than a manager's position to speak to but the lady named Kay told me I'd reached the end which was a joke. I asked if she was the owner and the CEO as well then? I asked with them being such a well-known company, well-established and out there surely these things happen all the time. No company runs that smooth! But nope their system doesn't lie!!! I am appalled by the unprofessional robbing manner in which this was handled and I'll never book with Hotels.com again!! And will spread the word... DO NOT BOOK WITH HOTELS.COM OR MERCURE. It is not safe!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I booked a stay at a hotel in Jamaica Montego Bay using Hotels.com. Before booking, it stated that I have free cancellation. When I received my reservation confirmation from Hotels.com, my dates were changed and the cancellation policy did not have a free cancellation on it. I called Hotels.com immediately. The customer service rep told me that he could not correct the dates on his end because he was having computer problems. Instead, he told me to go to Hotels.com website and correct the dates and he would call the hotel on Monday about the mistake since the hotel business's center wasn't opened on the weekends. I called the hotel on the following Monday to confirm. The hotel told me that I have two reservation with them.

I called Hotels.com and they told me that I have to cancel one of the reservation and I would be charged for two nights extra for canceling. I explained my situation to Hotels.com's manager and he stated that the hotel in Jamaica made the rules to charge me the two nights, regardless of the mistake. Once I got to the Hotel in Jamaica, the representative told me that they did not charge me for the two nights stay and gave me their cancellation policy that clearly states a different cancellation policy. Also, the hotel told me that it was Hotels.com that was charging me the two nights fees.

Trying to resolved this issue with Hotels.com has been a big mess. I was charged nearly $900. I was SCAM to double book for the same hotel with same dates. I am still trying to get my $900 from Hotels.com. Once sixty days had lapse, I am ready to take them to small claims court. I am so happy that I took pictures of policies and emails because emails and other things had disappeared when you look them up online. Please if you continue to book with Hotels.com make sure you video or take picture of your reservation before booking.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Arriving in Kuala Lumpur for the Grand Prix weekend with flights hotel and event ticks all purchased in advance. Received an email the day before we arrived saying our hotel was overbooked so Hotel.com would upgrade us to a better hotel and gave us its name. I checked it out and it was a lower standard cheaper hotel in a poorer area so I replied it was not an upgrade and not suitable. I had prepaid for my hotel and it was confirmed.

They said go to the original hotel. Arriving in Malaysia I received another email saying I would have to pay a surcharge that effectively doubles the price I had already paid. I replied I had prepaid and all was confirmed with no extra costs required. I went to the hotel who did not have a room available. They asked me to return 3 hours later so I went to my event (a 2-day ticket) and returned to the hotel after. Still no room. I had received some emails from Hotel.com during the day telling me it was a busy weekend and I had to pay a surcharge. Eventually, I told them to refund and I would find alternative accommodation myself. On return to my home, I wrote and requested a refund. 3 times and no reply. I wrote a review for them which they blocked (only print positive reviews so don't believe any reviews on their website). I am still waiting for a refund. Not even a single reply for them. My advice is to use one of the other booking engines.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Trying to cancel a reservation for 2 days and I was told the systems were down. Then all of the sudden the systems is back up and they can't find any record of me calling to cancel this reservation and I run out of time to do it. DON'T USE THEM!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Wait time of 2 minutes is actually 20 minutes only to reach a moron. Forget the membership awards program. They negate the nights in a short period of time. The nights they are supposed to credit, stayed in pending status until I called and had to wait forever to speak to a rep who manually credited them. The outfit deserves the one star other people are giving it. And I'm sure it's losing customers to other discount sites. Try Hotels Tonight app. Much much better.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My husband booked a stay at a Travelodge and used this site to book. He was quoted $100 before taxes for the room. He booked the room and stayed. While at the check out counter he signed the receipt from Travelodge for $111.00. Later, we received our credit card statement showing a charge for $123 from Hotels.com plus a convenience fee of $14.99 that we were never told about or agreed to. I called to Hotels.com to dispute this amount and the woman I spoke to had such a thick accent I could barely understand her. I told her the receipt my husband signed for the hotel was for $111.00, and that they charged us a fee we knew nothing about. I told her I wanted the amount charged corrected to original amount minus their ridiculous fee. She said she couldn't even look up my reservation because neither my husband's name nor mine showed in their system, so she couldn't correct it.

I couldn't believe they could take our card information and keep that to charge us, but couldn't look up our reservation? So I called my credit card company and they reversed the charge for me pending an investigation. The following month we received our statement showing the charge had been reversed in addition to a letter stating that they had investigated the matter and removed the charge. Another month goes by, and my statement shows that Hotels.com charged my card again for the convenience fee and the $123.00 stating they had a letter showing proof that he stayed at the hotel. The fact that my husband stayed at the hotel was not the Issue! We would gladly pay the original $111.00 it was the inaccuracy of the charges that needed to be Fixed! Bottom line, these people are crooks, they will take your money and lie to you about information they keep. I will NEVER do business with the these people again. Book direct with your hotels!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

This company missells the services of the hotels they offer by not declaring up front the full extent of the charges a consumer will incur when staying at the hotels they offer. When you call Hotels.com (usually after checking in - which is way too late), and complaining about the charges you then have to incur, Hotels.com, direct you to pages 5/6 way down in the small print, that the hotel have declared their parking charges. Why Hotels.com feel parking charges are irrelevant to a person's booking and don't feel they need to be part of a comparison exercise, is completely due to poor management. When you complain, they say they have declared them under hotel info, it's way down the bottom, showing they think it is not important.

It does not appear anywhere near the ' top' information. It does not say against any of the room charges offered, no matter what the price you select, that there is free parking, not even under the heading 'Main Amenities' or additional information, does it openly disclose that you will have to pay for parking and that this will be an additional charge, the only thing it shows is an asterisk against parking, which you then have to look up what the asterisk stands for... The asterisks ask you to look at the small print, and only when you finally turn up the small print way way way too at the end (usually after booking) that you discover you will have to pay a daily charge for parking of $16.00+ so if you're doing a comparison, with this charge not included in the top listed price declared, you will be caught out. The lady behind me at check in on 10/08/2017 had the very same issue as myself.

When I got to our room 1002 on 10/08/2017 then called Hotels.com and spoke with their customer service chappie, Jason **, all he did is constantly refer me to the hotel's declaration saying they declare the charge. He completely failed to take on board the responsibility that Hotels.com were selling the services/rooms of the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Orlando and it is their responsibility to make the hotel charges obvious. Under the section of mandatory charges for this hotel, they only show the $50 daily charge, charged for disbursement covering additional charges i.e. if you eat in the hotel etc. This charge will be used to offset those costs. The parking charge is not classed by Hotels.com as being important, but I was comparing prices, looking at resort charges and parking etc., but Hotels.com were not up front with the charges.

When I asked to cancel (after checking in), which is how I found out about the parking charges, he called the hotel, and they informed him I would be charged for one nights stay as we'd checked in, it was gone 7.30 pm, when we checked in and pouring with rain, with my husband having cancer, I had no option, but to stay put, but I felt I had been strangled into this position. This has happened before with Hotels.com, has the hotel receptionist advised me, but when I raised this with the Mr. **, he was not prepared to budge on his stance that it was in the very very very very small print for the hotel. I asked to register an official complaint against Hotels.com. I asked for a reference number, I asked how the process would be treated? He was wishy washy with hugs reply.

He finally gave me a reference complaint number of **, but I wouldn't hold my breath re the process, it seems completely haphazard, they don't feel their advertising is a problem. As a consumer I was trapped, and so was the customer behind me. I shall never use Hotels.com again, but I do feel they need to stop their illegal way of promoting the hotels they sell without upfront showing the full costs for each and every charge you will incur at the hotels they are promoting. Even against all the room charges offered, not one of those charges, offered free parking, parking was not ever mentioned. There needs to be a redress of this situation!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I booked two rooms on our way from Florida in Charlotte, NC for same night and got directions, how to get there from Hotels.com app. When we arrived to the hotel Country Inn, receptionist said, that they don't have our reservation, I called to Hotels.com and asked to help me. I been told, that my reservation is for Country Inn, but in another city, as I asked to move my reservation to hotel in Charlotte, NC. Agent told me, that he can't do that, so the best way is to cancel reservation and pay for stay directly to hotel and in one hour I should receive letter with instructions, how to get refund from Hotels.com. After few days and maybe five phone calls I got e-mail, that they not plan to refund my money ($215). I asked to speak to somebody from the management but until now without success.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We purchased a number of rooms from Hotels.com. When we went to use our points (we had over 2 free stays available) they had deleted all of the points. We called them and they would not reissue the points. Bad company. Bad customer service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I booked a motel/hotel online through Hotels.com and was send a guarantee email that my room was available but when I went to check in the desk clerk attempted to charge me a extra one hundred dollars over and above the amount that had already been stolen from my debit card account (Direct Express). When many times I attempted to get my money put back into my debit card account all I was given was the runaround. With absolutely no answers why I was refused the room when already I had the reservation and a guarantee that I would receive it for the amount that was stolen by Hotels.com from my debit card.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Made an error by booking wrongs dates. I turned up to the Novotel hotel in Melbourne to check in when they told me it was actually the day I was checking out. They said not a problem because they had rooms and were more than happy to let me stay at the same rates I booked with hotels.com (3rd party). When I called and explain all this the customer service man said he called Novotel and all this would be fine except then his Supervisor overrode this and wouldn't allow it with no refund at all. Complete greed and ruthlessness from a company that clearly doesn't care about their loyal customers. Which they have lost me forever. Extremely disappointed and when Novotel was so nice and willing to just change the dates and no cost. It was grand final weekend and everything already cost a lot that weekend. Very very bitter about this.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I am the live-in caretaker for my mother who is frail and suffers from dementia. My sister is the only person who provides respite care. My husband and I booked a two night stay with Hotel.com. We were forced to try to move the reservation at the Philadelphia Doubletree-Center City because my sister has been unable to get off of Puerto Rico since Hurricane Maria hit. Four flights have been secured and cancelled by airlines. We explained this. To add to the stress, both the hotel and the Hotel.com have pointed fingers at one another claiming the other refuses to change the reservation. Never use Hotel.com. Two nights gone and the room empty. We will have to wait until we can afford another break in four months.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I have used several websites to book hotel reservations and this one is the absolute worst. On September 11 I reserved two rooms on Hotels.com at a hotel in Saratoga Springs New York for the evening of Saturday 9/16 so my family could go visit other family members. My receipt's cancellation policy stated that if I change my booking after August 6, 2017 I will be charged a 100% fee. I assumed it was a mistake, since, as I said, the date I booked it was September 11. A few days later we received a call that due to an emergency the planned trip had to be canceled.

I canceled the rooms online and received a message that it would take 2-5 days for the refund to be processed. I checked my bank several times, and today, on 9/29, I called Hotels.com and was told that because I didn't give 41 days’ notice of the cancellation I wasn't going to be refunded. This is ridiculous. I only booked the room five days in advance and canceled it two days before we were to arrive. If plans change you should be able to get your money back. Extremely disappointed in the service. Won't be using it again. Would not advise anyone else to do so either. Very misleading cancellation policy intended to take advantage of customers.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I booked a total of 8 nights via the company website thinking that I would get credit(s) for night stayed but when I inquired getting stay credit the company stated I was not eligible for credits on dates stay even though they were less than a week old. The CS rep said "basically said it was my fault for not enrolling in their rewards program properly". I feel my request such as this is reasonable because it is based upon accurate data and booked via their websites which is not all that clear. I feel that even though Hotels.com acknowledge stay credit but tossed up a set of hidden policies rather than issue a stay credit.

I will no longer be using HOTELS.COM (aka HOSTEL.COM or HOSTILE.COM) for personal or business because of this simple issues. Upon review I found their prices to be a little higher than competition. So do your research and book your dates via a different travel service. HAPPY TRAILS HO-TELS (or No-Tellings how you treat customers after the sale).

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I just had the most disturbing call with Hotels.com. I have been a loyal client and had accumulated "nights". I was, in a very dismissive manner, told by Shanan they have "expired" without notice. I will never use this service again based on the lack of customer service. There are many other sites to obtain competitive rates.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I Booked a Hotel in New York for 5 days this Oct 2017 and at the time I was informed if at anytime up till the time we go we should find the hotel at a cheaper rate they would match it. That is not the case. The next day Booking.com sends me a text informing me that they have a cheaper rate. I phone Hotels.com and they will not match the price because the room was already sold so they would not honor their agreement. Even if the room is there as I told him I could not book the room as I had booked our rooms non refundable. Will never do that again either. I will not use these people ever again and I will tell people not to use their website or services.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I had a reservation for a hotel room I made several weeks ago with Hotels.com. I didn't notice that it had a one week cancellation policy since everything else I have ever reserved had a one day cancellation policy. A few may have been 2 days but never a week. These are for reservations I was making in Spain and Portugal. In any event, I called on the last possible day, but I was about 6 hours late because of the time change. The agent tried to contact the hotel directly and couldn't so she sent them an email.

The next day I got an email from Customer Support Specialist Crissa ** saying the hotel would only refund 30% and asked how I wanted to proceed. Since I obviously had no other choice other than to accept a loss of 100 Euros, I replied to the email and asked that the amount be refunded to my Visa on file. I then got a notice that this was an unmonitored email address so I started trying to call Hotels.com. After over 30 minutes of dead-ends trying to reach an agent, I finally got a call back from Jimmy, who said the amount would be refunded to my card.

To summarize, my complaints against Hotels.com are as follows: There was no indication on the confirmation information about this being a one-week cancellation policy. Since this is definitely not the norm, Hotels.com should have indicated that in BOLD to warn their customers. The amount of time I had to spend to cancel this reservation was ridiculous. They should never have asked me to reply to an unmonitored email address. They should have given me a phone number so I could reach a live agent to talk to them about it. Since my 100 Euros is gone, all I can do is not use Hotels.com again and warn others about their practices.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

NEVER BOOK WITH HOTELS.COM. We made a reservation of 2 rooms in Munich via Hotels.com on 12th of August. Hotel name is Marc Munchen. We stayed there before and it is very nice. These rooms were with free cancellation till 23rd of August. Next day we changed our plan and decided to cancel our booking. After the cancellation we received an email notification that cancellation is successful and money will be refunded in 1 week. It has been already a month since we made the cancellation but we did not receive any money. I had many conversations with customer support managers of different level, but every time they say that they made a refund and I need to check out with my bank. Bank says that they did not receive any money from hotels.com. I also sent multiple emails with printout of all transactions from my account, but there is no result.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Hotels.com website has changed... & not for the better. :( They now charge much higher prices - so it costs more than competitive sites & even booking directly with the hotel costs less! In addition, they have now added 'fees' i.e. a commission charged to you... whilst they are simultaneously charging the hotel a commission for your booking with Hotels.com. This is unethical & is called 'double dipping'! So, guess what? That "Free" 11th night... They actually make you pay for that night through their 'fees'. Do the math & your homework, folks! If it is not cheaper for the total booking, do not use them. Sometimes they run flash sales or deep discounts, but these promos usually run 24 hrs and you have to move fast. Also... Poor customer service... A bunch of young girls in the Philippines who are basically just reading from a script...

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Unlike the rest of the world that shows professional standards during hurricanes and other natural disasters, Hotels.com would not waive the cancellation fee for a one night stay in Cancun. The agent (Alexander) that I spoke with to alert the company I had no way of getting to the hotel because of flight cancellations was only interested in declaring that the cancellation fee was the amount of the reservation. I called the hotel and was assured they would not charge me or the reservation system, but the charge showed up anyway from Hotels.com. The airlines made requested changes without fees and rebooked me three times due to cancellations. Hotels.com took advantage of the situation and should be penalized by the State of Florida and Georgia for unlawful acts during a natural disaster. I plan to make sure that the proper authorities are made aware of Hotels.com un-American policies.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Margaritaville Resort Biloxi - Day 1. Got to hotel room to find soiled pants in the bathroom that were not mine or my family members. Complained to the hotel manager and moved us to another room. This next room found the comforter on the bed to look like there was some soil like stain on it. Complained the hotel and moved us to another room. Day 2. Parked via valet. Leaving to go to dinner with my family only to find that my vehicle was broken into with no signs of forced entry. To the hotel's credit, they comped my stay. Police report was filed but no reimbursement for the expensive item stolen from my vehicle (which was locked in the vehicle with no sign of forced entry). Cameras up but not working.

Day 3. On the way out to leave, to find my kids leaned on the wall with paint all over their new clothes. No ''wet paint'' sign or warning in the area. By this time we just left. Been in communication with the manager/owner over time but he has since stopped communicating with me regarding reimbursement for my stolen item. Complaints filed with Better Business Bureau, Attorney General's Office, updated reviews on TripAdvisor and here.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Words can not express how crappy this company is. I will never use them again - and I am going to tell everyone I know. I had a hotel booked in Charleston, SC for a conference. It had been booked for weeks. Hurricane Irma is going to hit Charleston the day we are supposed to check in. The governor of SC declared SC to be in a state-of-emergency, and Hotels.com held on to our money. They would not refund it. Screw you Hotels.com, you are a bunch of money-hungry scum bags. How can you sleep at night.

Hotels.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.

• Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.

• Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.

• Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.

• Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs