1.18/5
Based on 197 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

2223 Hotels.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 25, 2018

I booked a room yesterday through Hotels.com. I've used them before with no problem. I found a really good deal online and attempted to book the reservation. There were problems with the website so I called. The deal I'd found was no longer available. I ended up reserving a room at Meridian Inn in OKC. I was told it was a star hotel. It anything but that. It was smelly, the chair had stains and the walls had something splattered on them. I complained and was moved to another room which was better, but there was no kitchenette, no toiletries except soap, the air conditioning didn't work and I saw a roach. I will never go to Meridian Inn again and I will never use Hotels.com again!!!

Original review: June 24, 2018

I called Hotels.com on June 7, 2018 to see if they would price match a hotel I found on Booking.com for $66 cheaper/night. After being on the phone for 30 minutes, a representative was finally able to confirm that, although he couldn't book the hotel at Booking.com cost, he would credit me the $66 difference on my Hotels.com account. 10 days later, when I still couldn't see the credit on my account, I contacted Hotels.com customer service and they said they had no record of my conversation and there was nothing they could do. I provided a screenshot of my phone call information as well as my confirmation number: **. I obviously would have booked on Booking.com if I wasn't promised a reimbursement! Be warned that Hotels.com does not look out for their customers.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I booked a room several months in advance for a big trip I plan to take in summer and then I found the room on booking.com for half the price. I then called customer service and after about an hour was told it will take a few weeks to show up on my credit card. Great. Done. Not too bad I thought. I then received an email from the hotel telling me they no longer offer the room time I booked through hotels.com and they have put me into another not so good (in my opinion room type).

After two billing cycles I contacted customer service again. They told me that my price match had not gone through. I spent about 45 min today with customer service saying they have no record. I can't cancel the room and get a refund and will be put in a different room than what I bought through them at a rate twice as high because somehow my price match request just sat for over a month and a half unprocessed and now even their website does not show the room type I booked and they cannot compare now with other sites because what I booked is not offered.

Waste of money and customer service lacks follow through or solution finding. They tried calling the hotel and was told to call back another day. When customer service told me I would then have to call them back tomorrow so they could then call the hotel again, I asked them why they could not just follow through. Why do I have to spend more time? They just said cause they do offer that service. WOW really.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Since when does Hotels.com offer condos? If it's Hotels.com you'd think it's specifically for HOTELS. Might as well go to Airbnb if I wanted a condo. On top of that how can a cancellation policy be in May when we're in June? Shouldn't they at least give 24 hrs or at the very least an hour to cancel a reservation? I'm at wits end that the "hotel" I reserved doesn't even answer their phone yet can accept my money without even to have to speak to me. Hotels.com called the merchant themselves and they didn't answer them either. I think if they're offering these "condos/rooms" they should be able to communicate with that merchant themselves! Ridiculous. No refund, no answer, no cancellation. What should I be expecting when I show up to this "condo"?

Original review: June 20, 2018

Worst customer service experience ever. Was provided with wrong information by 6 people in a row. Ever since I made a booking with them, I’ve been spending my days arguing with them on the phone. They don’t know what they are talking about. Staffs including supervisors are poorly trained. Please avoid Hotels.com at all cost. They are nothing but nightmare. I was provided 6 credits/coupons due to price match. Each rep confirmed that all my coupons are valid and will be working for 12 months. It’s not even a month, they cancelled 4 out of the 6 credits without informing me. What a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: June 17, 2018

A hotel in Rome was booked on Hotels.com on March 1, 2018 at Boutique Home Roma for 9 people, one of which is 81 years old. This was a 4 bedroom apartment in the center of Rome. The reservation was confirmed and prepayment was made on a credit card. On June 16, an attempt was made to contact the hotel to confirm the reservation. The contact information was not provided on the reservation. Multiple calls were made to Hotels.com to obtain the information. On June 17, a call was made to the Rome hotel that stated that they do not book through hotels.com. Hotels.com did not address accepting the reservation without authority despite hours on the phones and conversations with three supervisors.

On June 17, our complaint was transferred to the Hotels.com relocation department. The relocation offered to relocate the traveling party to a location 2.5 km from the original booking. When told that the location was unacceptable Hotels.com hung up the phone. If Hotels.com has a relocation department it implies that Hotels.com has a bait and switch program and routinely practices fraudulent bookings. We are still trying correct this situation. Can send copies of reservation forms and notes/names of conversations with Hotels.com.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was traveling on government orders to conduct military funeral honors, we were notified two days prior to the service. I have to use a government credit card for all of my travel expenses. The rules for using the card is that it has to be under the limit that they give us and we cannot pay taxes. Whenever I booked the hotel it didn't say that I was going to be charged then, I thought that they just needed something on file, with the taxes I was over my authorized limit. I arrive at the hotel and give them my tax exempt form and they tell me that the hotel was already paid for by the website and that they have nothing to do with it and that I need to contact the website. I call the customer support and explain my situation. They say that they cannot help me so I talk to the manager and she says the same thing. So I ask her if I can get just $11 refunded so that I can at least be under my limit and she says no as well. I will never use this website again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I booked through them on a few occasions with no problem. I was going to an event in Asbury Park NJ so I booked through them. Well a hotel that I didn't book with charged my card and neither the hotel or hotels.com will refund the money. I now have to get the bank to help me dispute the charges. POOR PRACTICES, LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We booked an apartment for a couple of nights in Brighton, UK. Apparently we were to call a number 24 hours ahead to find out how to get the key. This information only appeared in the Hotels.com app and not on the confirmation email. Without the app, we did not know to do this. We arrived at the apartment block early, in the hope of leaving our baggage. We found that the apartments were privately owned with no reception or any way of talking with someone who could help. We called the number on our confirmation but there was no response. Worried about the lack of response we went for lunch and called Hotels.com to see if they knew what we should do about getting the key. They tried calling the owner and also got no response.

Long story short - we spent 3 hours on the phone to Hotels.com being pushed from one rep to another. Each one called the contact number for the apartment with no response. Some of them claimed they could not see our reservation, whereas some could. Most of the time was spent on hold. We got disconnected once. After asking to speak with a manager we were then reluctantly offered alternative accommodation (which was worse than the original). Meanwhile, we had returned to the apartment building and found another family with the same problem. They had booked through Booking.com. They had spoken with a person put in charge of the apartment (the owner was in Portugal) who said we had to walk 10 minutes (with kids and luggage) to get the keys from a store. THEN we were to send a copy of our picture ID to them through WhatsApp. Ummm... NO!

It turned out that the apartment owner (in Portugal) rented the apartment through a local agency, who then rented it through Hotels.com. The lack of communication was astonishing! The person in charge seemed to be just a friend of the owner and literally said, "Hey man, it's all new-age now" when the other family refused to leave their ID on WhatsApp.

Finally the owner's friend-in-charge allowed the cleaner to give out the keys. At the same time, Hotels.com had booked us into somewhere else. The new reservation was a 10 minute bus ride from where we wanted to be, had less beds than we needed (they said there was a roll-out bed which ended up being a lie), smelled damp, and meant that we had to wait, sitting on a wall, for over half an hour while someone came with a key. Basically we wasted a whole day trying to get a roof over our heads even though we had a reservation.

I will never use Hotels.com again. Information was incorrect, both on the confirmation of the first booking, and on the phone concerning the alternative place. They also obviously do not screen the people renting properties AT ALL. There is no way we should have to walk 10 minutes to a random store to get a key, and then put picture ID on a social media app.

I admit I should have known better - the place had no reviews yet as it was brand new (red flag), but the 3 hour phone call from another country, the way we were passed from one "script-reading" person to another, and the incorrect information on the phone when we clearly asked for 3 beds and got 1 bed and a couch, is not professional and they will not be getting any of my money in the future. By all means use Hotels.com to search, but call the property directly to book. Or use Airbnb. We had LOTS of success with reservations through them.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Stayed in Capitol BNB, great place. Tried to call owner to get parking advice for downtown DC, the number that Hotels.com provided was not a working number. Turns out the owner has been asking them to change it for months now. I recommend not trusting Hotels.com, the hotels they set you up with are great, but Hotels.com as a web service are just horrid to work with.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I lost $160 for a night in a hotel that I did not use because of them. They charged my CC even though I canceled the reservation within 24 hrs and the hotel did not issue a refund. MY CC company could not dispute this charge because it happened to be nonrefundable which hotels.com did not tell about. Lost a ** $160 because of these ** Indians. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

Original review: June 11, 2018

Twice Priceline.com has beaten Hotels.com for me. The agents on the phone with hotels all saw the better deal and I sent repeated screenshots and still the company refused to price match. Don't use them False Advertising and promises. Agents lie to get you to book through them, and don't put the notations they say they are so when you call back to confirm if there is a problem you're screwed. Then they say they will give you compensation for not adhering to their promise but then don't do what they promised.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Had to go to a conference. Decided to use Hotel.com. The hotel I chose was nothing like on the website, I am disabled and that they told me that they would put this in my reservation. When I got there they did not honor this nor did they not to see my actually handicap sticker. Put me on the second floor, the hotel was not clean and service was awful. Hotels.com was not accommodating when I explained this to them, and when I explained this to a manager, he seem very unconcerned about my conditioned.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I booked a hotel for a recent stay. I could not get the online coupon code to work so I called the booking website and was guaranteed by the booking agent that I would be reimbursed within a week for the difference. I agreed to this, then after a week passed and I was not contacted, I contacted the company and was informed that because there was some fine print excluding the hotel I happened to book from the promotion they would not do what they promised and reimburse me for the difference. I would not have booked this hotel and would have used another coupon if I was told this at the time of booking. Very unethical company.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We booked air and hotel package November 2017 for $1,806.00, charged for a portion of the trip at that time, not uncommon per prior experience, Visa credit card provided. Attempt to check in on 5/18/18 with Wow Airlines (partnered with Hotels.com for flight portion of trip) and we're told that the “flights were cancelled due to non payment.” Never received notification of this cancellation, no email, no phone call, Visa/Capitol One never notified me that they declined payment AND they always do this! We had also purchased trip protection from Hotels.com and received nothing in return. We booked round trip air the morning of our original flights 5/19/18 for $4,899.00.

Hotels.com nor Wow assumed any responsibility! Have used Hotels.com many times before, even for package deals AND NEVER AGAIN! Very poor customer service. I will use my hard earned dollars directly with the companies that I use from now on and cut out these middle, no good for anything, that take your money with poor service so called companies! Pass along to everyone I know and more, providing FREE ADVERTISEMENT to inform and educate others out there that are spending their money on well deserved leisure etc. activities. Great time in France exclusive of Hotels.com and Wow airlines. SPEND WISELY AND GO ELSEWHERE! PAY THE HOTEL AND AIR DIRECTLY AND STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I booked a hotel. It says the price per night was $138.00. I booked because it was a good price. I entered my credit card information and the price per night is still $138. I booked for 2 nights. It specifically says the currency which is CAD currency. When I received a confirmation, the amount confirmed was $436.32 CAD. So I called to ask why. They said that the displayed price was average price. They are fooling people. If the displayed price is $138.00 and I booked for 2 nights then it should only be twice the amount.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I booked this B&B Room 110 in Bari Italy through Hotels.com. When I arrived they moved me to another property which was not theirs but an apartment. When I went out for breakfast, I returned to find all my belongings stolen. I was left with what I was wearing. The B&B and owner of the apartment took no responsibility. I lost $3,000 in clothes, electronics, and medications. A dream of traveling for 6 months in the EU was shattered. Avoid this man and his properties. I notified Hotels.com. They offered no support in helping me recover my losses and assumed no responsibility for posting a despicable property owner. They continue to allow this person to use their reservation site. I think some sanctions were the minimum they could provide. Solution: use the site to find a property and book directly on the actual hotel's web page.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Logged in to Hotels.com to book a room for a return trip from Ohio to Texas. Entered "Benton, AR" and hit return. It brought up hotels in Bentonville. I did not notice this and reserved a room in what I thought was Benton. Tried to find a confirmation email and could find none on my phone, my wife's phone nor our laptop. Thinking we did not have a reservation I went back to Hotels.com and this time noticed that when I put in Benton, the first selection on a long list of selections was Bentonville. I tried to explain to Hotels.com that made no sense since I correctly entered Benton, AR.

They refused to accept that the program they have is misleading. Worse, the hotel in Benton was so bad that we checked out at about 2 am due to the noise, light, an AC that did not cool sufficiently and the musty smell. We were both still awake at 1:30 and went to the front desk, woke the night clerk and told them of our dissatisfaction. Their comment was, "Sorry about that... Have a nice day." I tried to get someone at Hotels.com to consider their customer service and help. They denied any responsibility for either situation so now I am out one night in a town we were hundreds of miles from and another that had a completely unsatisfactory room.

Worst part was trying to make sense of the obviously foreign customer service dept. I understand that the hotel in Bentonville would not refund because it was not their problem. I do not understand that the Best Western in Benton would not because the room was a complete disaster. The image shows the hotel security light shining directly into our room. The blackout drape was missing hooks so did little to block the light.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Made a booking for couple of rooms for colleagues at work. Mistakenly entered wrong number of people. Cancelled and re-booked. Cancelled reservation cost me 50% as penalty. Called customer service (somewhere out of United States), went thru different managers and NICA, the manager, finally was able to refund 100%. I am a happy camper and would use them again for my business and pleasure trips.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Urgent RESOLUTION required. I am reaching out to you as a point of escalation post waiting for resolution. This is with booking reference no. **. Summary: at 9pm last evening I was attempting to book 2 rooms at Novotel Suites Wien for 4 nights starting 26th May till 30th May on Hotels.com. It kept indicating that my cvv needs to be re-entered. This attempt was made thrice. I called the helpline immediately. Spoke to Jyotika the supervisor for 45 mins. To my horrific shock it shows dates at 26th June to 30th June. It seems to be a major error on your site.

I experienced the same earlier too and I had to move to Booking.com. An amount of 1087€ has got swiped off from my card for the wrong dates. I was harassed saying nothing can be done as hotel needs to revert. Amazed by the response that hotel is not contactable. I took your agent on a Concall with Novotel reservation desk which I could get through immediately. They do not have any record of this reservation. Helplessly running from pillar to post since last evening and I have a flight to catch tonight. I want the amount reversed immediately please. Seeking your immediate intervention.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We made a reservation at Hotels.com and when we got to the hotel we had to call a phone number to check in. A man came out slurring his words and was filthy. He showed us the room. It had a musky, mildew smell. The metal on the beds had rust. We refused the room and he became angry. He told us to go ** ourselves and we would not get a refund. The entire amount for the room was take from our account before we even got there. Hotels.com told us that they could do nothing. We had to go through the hotel. We lost $445. We are disputing the charge but that takes time and a lot of trouble. Look out.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I traveled from Singapore to Suzhou and had a booking at Riverside Hotel by Hotels.com. The hotel was in the outskirt and not easily accessible by car. The taxi dropped me a distant away and I had to tugged my luggage and walked about 600m under the hot sun. When I reached the hotel I was told Hotels.com did not send my booking and despite showing my booking confirmation letter and reference number I was not allowed to use the booking rate. I had no choice but to book into another hotel. When I came back to Singapore I called Hotels.com to lodge a complaint. I had to wait a very long time to get someone to answer my call and when the person who answered knew the nature of my call I was put on hold for a long time again and eventually the line was cut off. This happened to all my 3 calls.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I made a reservation on 1/4 for 2 rooms (me, wife, two kids). On May 5th, that is, a full FIVE MONTHS after the reservation was fully paid, confirmed and "guaranteed" by Hotels.com, I received a message from the hotel saying they would cancel it due to 'pricing issues' and that I would have to call Hotels.com. I did, 3 times, one via chat with full written records. In each, being assured it was just a temporary technical glitch. On 5/14, Hotels.com contacted me via email to say that the reservation was in fact "not honored" by the hotel. It's now less than a month to the day of travel.

The World Cup in Russia, so most equivalent hotels are taken or much more expensive. And Hotels.com wants me to PAY for the difference! So one wonders what is the "guarantee" about? They are offering to put me in much cheaper, lower quality hotels. After being told MULTIPLE TIMES that I should "rest assured" all was in order. Bottom line, DO NOT TRUST THEM, you can usually get the same fare from the hotel directly, and if you do this ridiculous situation would never happen.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had never used Hotels.com until recently. I had to attend a family function in St Petersburg, Florida. Not knowing the area I thought going through a place like Hotels.com would be a plus & take all the guesswork out of it. Wrong. The accommodations were totally misrepresented. What I was promised and what I ended up with were entirely different. What I thought I was getting was an upscale resort on the ocean. What I ended up with was a run down Mom & Pop dive. I didn't stay. I tried contacting the management of the hotel with no luck - because no one was ever around or answered the phone. Hotels.com tried passing the buck and jerked me around from one representative to another. Finally I got the Credit Card company in the act. I learned my lesson.

In the future I will only stay at legitimate places I know something about... Hampton Inns, Holiday Inn Express. That sort of thing. Places like this will take your reservation without going through deceptive companies like Hotels.com. At least with Hampton Inns and Holiday Inn Express you know what you're getting. Their accommodations are fairly standard.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I canceled a hotel stay. The amount was over $500 and was charged regardless. They have all kinds of reasons why I can’t get my money. I went through PayPal. On April 6 they gave a partial payment 176.00 and when I called to find out when I would receive the rest. They tell me they don’t owe me anything. I am out $347.00. Please help.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Hotels.com gives wrong information about the quality of the hotels on their website, do not listen or follow the customer concerns and they do not care as long as they get your money. Their customer service is incompetent. I had a very unhappy experience with them, they destroyed my vacation with their lousy service.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I have been a customer of Hotels.com for over 10 years. I have repeatedly referred them to many other people because they really took care of me. Anytime I had the slightest problem with a hotel, I called them and they corrected it or found a way to make up for it. When a solution could not be found, many times they would comp me another night, to make up for my disastrous experience.

I was a Gold card member with them for many years and received my free reward nights without a problem. I never had problems with getting a refund or cancellations or really anything unless it was the hotel causing the problem. That was then and this is now. I do not know what has changed but I booked a room as I was in a cab on the way to the hotel and told their representative that I only had cash and nothing on my credit card and wanted to pay at the hotel. They put it in the notes make sure the hotel with no and when I arrived the hotel would not accept cash. I called hotels.com again and they were able to cancel my reservation for a non-refundable booking without any cost to me which they should have been able to do. Anyway being that they sent me to a hotel they knew I could not pay for with my currency.

At this point I was looking at spending more money on cab fare to go to a second Hotel that I was assured would take my cash. I was offered a 50 and then a $70 voucher and give me the name of a hotel who would take cash. After another $40 cab ride I now didn't have enough cash for the hotel and this hotel would not take cash either. I was in a strange city in a dress and heels on a cold evening now out of money almost with nowhere to stay. This time the mistake was theirs and theirs alone the first time and the second time it was an outright lie. A manager told me they could not comp a night to make sure I had a place to stay after making sure I couldn't stay at the two hotels they sent me to. They offered me a $50 voucher again after I spent 75 on cab fare. They put my physical safety at risk.

After being a loyal and good customer to them for so many years, they cost me money, lied to me, made their vendors, the hotel very angry with them, and refuse to correct the mistakes they made, even though they will call the hotel and force them to do things to correct mistakes. A manager of the representative and a manager both stated that there was nothing they could do after I was turned away from the second hotel to make sure I had a place to stay. I told them they were wrong, to look at the last 10 years of my history with them at all the times they had comped me a room even over small infractions caused by the hotel. I even suggested to them that I had eight nights booked already and spent. I had a night booked for two months away and that hotel that evening would have been my tenth.

I was willing to make the sacrifice and give up that free night and take it that night just to have a place to stay because I was scared. They refused. That is something they will owe me in 2 months but they wouldn't let me use it to keep me safe when they lie to me, do not know a thing about the hotels they are sending their customers to, force their customers to spend more money going from hotel to hotel to find out things that hotels.com should already know before sending me there, and put me in great physical Danger, they still refused to make sure that I as their customer was satisfied or taken care of or safe.

Their failure to correct their own mistake which was made twice in a row, could have cost me literally my life as I was alone in a city where I knew no one, thinking I was safe in a hotel protected by hotels.com, but they took away my safety and left me sleeping on a bench in the cold. And I was supposed to be satisfied with a $50 voucher that I could not use that night but could use any time thereafter. If they could offer that voucher how could they not send it to the hotel to pay for my room that evening? I was outraged and shocked and scared to death!!

The worst part is out of 4 Representatives two of them managers that I spoke to, every one of them after hearing that I only had cash and nothing on my credit card, insisted they would take care of the problem if I would just give them my credit card number to book the room. I could not believe they were not paying attention or they were just ignoring everything I said to them especially the fact that from the moment I placed the booking I stated I only had cash nothing on my credit card. It offended me that I was told they double-checked that the second Hotel would take my cash yet when I showed up they would not.

Hotels.com is supposed to know hotels, especially the ones they represent, including rates, terms, amenities and any other question their clients should have they will find out or should already know actually. The fact that they were that in depth and could have cared less that I was now stranded and out of cash because I ran around trusting that they knew what they were doing, is shocking! Especially after the wonderful history I've had with them.

All of the trust I had in them was wiped out in one night of rude ignorance and lack of any common human decency and refusal to do their jobs. I read their terms and policies the next day. Minimum voucher amount to be offered to the customer for this type of in-house mistake is $100 and they made the mistake twice. I was not offered an apology instead they did it again. It also States in their policies that it is up to the client to follow the rules of the establishment that hotels.com books and that hotels.com guarantees to inform the customer of the "currency accepted at the local hotels". Obviously they haven't read their own terms and policies.

I was eventually sent a $72 voucher which they stated was the amount that the first hotel would have cost me. And they said that was all they could do about it again without any apology or concern for my well-being after spending the night on a bench outside because they cost me all my money. I am in contact with an attorney because this is unacceptable behavior especially after the exemplary history I've had with hotels.com. Whatever has caused their customer service and general knowledge of their own vendors to break down so far must be corrected immediately before they actually do cost someone their life.

Original review: May 5, 2018

AVOID Hotels.com at all costs as it will cost you and you won't get your money back. I booked two rooms with Hotels.com. My trip was cancelled so I went online to cancel the bookings. My credit card was already charged. So the free cancellation is not free. I tried cancelling it online and it said there was an error. So I called Hotels.com to cancel. They said I missed the cancellation period by 2 hours. What? It was 3 days before my trip. Reputable hotels ask for a 24 hour notice. This was a 72 hour notice. I couldn't get my money back so I asked to change the reservation dates to the following week. No... they would not let me change the dates even though they had availability. Basically they kept my money and told me... "You figure it out." Since they wouldn't refund my money but, they would rent the rooms to someone else... I didn't cancel the reservation. If I couldn't use it then they can't re rent either.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I received a gift card as a holiday gift and finally decided to use it. I spent two hours plus trying to book online and when that kept not working I called and talked to about six people who all barely spoke English who repeatedly sent me to other departments to only be told, "You can only book gift cards online." Why? Because they already have your money and only want new cash coming in. So I gave up and tried again today and of course the room I wanted was no longer available. Beautiful business model. Recapping: gift cards used online only at a few selected properties and when the site does not work for a whole day you are out of luck. I even had the foreigners on the phone admitting how bad they were. If I ever get to use the gift card will never do business with them again. Horrible from start to... well, not finish.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I recently made a last minute/day of booking through Hotels.com online. The hotel was displayed as available on the site. I booked the hotel room at 20:16, promptly following my booking my credit card was charged for the room and I received a message that check in time ended at 20:00. Essentially they had a room listed as available for that night after check in times had exceeded and charged me for it. I was unable to check in and had to scramble to make other arrangements. I’ve gone back and forth through email and by phone to reach no resolution.

They basically allowed me to be charged for a service that would not/could not be provided. Not only have they failed to resolve the issue through fair compensation, they refuse to even acknowledge a flaw in their booking site or error on their end. I would hate to see this happen to anyone else and this is why I am writing this review. Unfortunately after reading reviews through other sites and comments by angry customers on their very own Facebook page, it appears they drop the ball frequently and the customer is the only one who is penalized. Aside from the fact that I lost money and experienced a great amount of stress scrambling to find accommodations, I’m more distressed by their lack of acknowledgment and customer service. It has to be the worst I’ve ever experienced!

Hotels.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.

• Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.

• Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.

• Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.

• Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs