2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.8/5 (1875 ratings)

About Hotels.com

Hotels.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: May 15, 2021

The hotel was very nice and helpful and the bedroom was nice and clean. It was spot list and the bed didnt have no stains on and the places is worth the money and worth coming too. Also I will keep coming back here.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I've used Hotels.com a lot since about 2010. By a lot meaning I've accumulated at least 10 rewards nights over the years. Which brings us to one big plus, their rewards nights program is one of the best guest loyalty programs out there. Their customer service is actually another big plus. In the sea of lousy service by travel companies, they actually stand out by answering calls right away AND taking care of any issues. They are also proactive, they extended everyone's rewards expiration automatically by one year in 2021, no need to hassle with sending emails. The only reason they don't get 5 stars is because they don't always have the lowest rates, especially in Asia. Overall 4.5 stars.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I have been staying in the same hotel for 2 months now or over 2 months rather. And I use Hotels.com to book my room every night so that I can collect stickers for my free night. For each 10 days you receive one free night. The first two times I received my free night it was readily available on the 11th day. So it would seem likely that I planned for this free night on the 11th day but this time it was locked.

After speaking to an agent be a chat who's very rude and had no sympathy or empathy either one told me that it may take up to 35 days to get my free night which made no sense since the first two times I got any immediately but that's neither here nor there. He was rude. Said he didn't care that I may lose my room and that it was cold outside and I didn't want to be without a roof over my head. Told me to have a great day and ended the chat. I then called the number for the rewards and spoke to a really wonderful lady who was very helpful by caring but could not change anything. I am just very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

4 Days before my upcoming trip I found the same hotel about 30% cheaper than what I paid for. I submitted the claim and in under 30 minutes my refund was approved. And in my previous interactions with customer service I always had quick resolution of my needs. Compared to the booking sites Hotels.com is top notch.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Hotels.com's customer service has been head and shoulders above similar companies, taking the time and care to actually fix booking issues and obtain desired and appropriate solutions. I will definitely be sticking with this company in the future. The customer service chat specialists helped me obtain a refund for an initially non-refundable booking within days of when I was supposed to be checking in. This has not been my experience with similar companies. Hotels.com emailed me when they said they would and kept me updated throughout my claim process. I was very satisfied with their responsiveness and results.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I've been calling repeatedly (more than 10 times) in the past 3 to 4 months and I keep on getting the run around and no solution from your customer service personnel and staff. I've been trying repeatedly to book a resort using the credit $2120 that I have on file with your corporate office in Hotels.com, with no success. I have emails, screen shots, and text messages of transactions and communications between hotels.com and myself. (my Case #: **).

Original review: June 23, 2021

BEWARE! This hotel has bed bugs! On June 18, 2021, my friend and I booked a one night stay at the Days Inn Orlando near Millenia through Hotels.com. Upon checking into our room we found bedbugs and immediately checked out. We asked for a refund since we clearly weren’t staying at the hotel. They told us since we booked through a third party we had to contact Hotels.com. After hours on the phone with customer service between Hotels.com and Wyndham Brands, we have been denied a refund!!! Hotel owners and managers owe a general duty to their guests under common law to provide a place of residence that is free from all known and knowable dangers, including infestations of bed bugs. All we are asking for is a refund for the night's stay since we didn’t even stay at the hotel and we have been denied, which is completely unacceptable. Save yourself the headache and don’t ever book with Hotels.com or any Wyndham Brand hotel!

Original review: June 19, 2021

I booked a hotel through Hotels.com but when I got there there were no signs as to where check-in was, I circled the building several times and was unable to find it. Several hours later, after I had booked another room the front desk got back to me and it turns out check-in is inside a restaurant. Because no one answered the phone at the hotel I had no way of knowing this and had to book a different room. I attempted to get a refund through hotels.com but every time I called they just hung up on me, they do not appear to have an email address that works, it’s been an absolute nightmare trying to get a refund for a room that I couldn’t stay in.

Original review: June 18, 2021

The service is terrible! I searched for hotels in my area, and I booked one that was recommended. I noticed very quickly that the hotel I booked was actually over an hour from the location I searched. I canceled within 10 minutes, but was then told I wouldn't get a refund. I called and spoke to three people for over two hours asking to either get a refund, get a credit to use at another hotel, or get the booking reinstated and was refused. Absolutely terrible service. Do not use!

Original review: June 18, 2021

I made a reservation for a resort on Hotels.com, and found that I had to cancel the reservation. I contacted the resort and they approved the cancellation without fee. After three phone calls to Hotels.com (wait time on hold 60-90 minutes each, and one agent who hung up on me), I am waiting again. Basically Hotels.com wants to keep the full payment for the room ($258), even though the resort itself has not received any of the payment I made to Hotels.com, and the resort doesn't want to charge me for the room or the cancellation. Disgusting for Hotels.com to do business and treat their customers this way to get a quick buck.

Hotels.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.

• Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.

• Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.

• Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.

• Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team