1.15/5
Based on 200 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a travel site?

2269 Hotels.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

A property represented by Hotels.com the Jeddore Lodge and Cabins in Head of Jeddore near Halifax, was rude and belligerent when we told her the cabin did not deliver on the amenities listed. As a govt and military family we are professional and above reproach character and integrity. The owner got angry, threatened and we left the property. So we were not able to complete our stay because of her attitude and actions. Contacted hotels.com for support. They have refused to give us reward nights we lost because of her actions. Hotels.com represent her, so they are responsible for what happened. We lost our nights and now they won't give them to us. We have used them extensively, and one would think they would want to keep us booking with them by doing the honorable thing and restoring our nights.

What is in question is THREE nights we lost as a result of having NO internet at the property, NO assistance from Hotels.com to book something else, NO support in getting our rewards back. For THREE nights, they apparently would rather lose our business forever. The property owner has slandered and libeled us on hotels.com and they are allowing her to do this. The property is a total misrepresentation of amenities. Hotels.com says because we didn't book the next desperately sought nights online they are NOT going to help us. That was part of the problem... they had NO internet in our room as advertised and other reviewers have commented on this fact. With no internet, I tried calling hotels.com for assistance. They wouldn't help us with a booking. So with NO internet and no help from company, exactly HOW is one supposed to book online?

They have repeatedly sent me messages that say they are following their "terms and conditions" and "policies". But their client broke the rules, they represent her as agents, so they are ultimately responsible for her actions. She is continuing to lie and they are allowing this. Again I ask, with NO INTERNET and NO HOTELS.COM support, how is one supposed to book online? As a cancer survivor, brain tumor survivor and diabetic we were threatened and yelled at and left to desperately look for a room at 10-11 PM at night in an area we did not know. Hotels.com thinks this is behavior that is acceptable for one of their properties? Is there no honor or integrity left in the world?

Hotels.com is basically saying, "We'll take your money in bookings, but if you have problems caused by one of our locations, we will NOT support you, we will not help you, we will NOT have any compassion and do the right thing, we will not have any mercy and restore your lost nights, we will let one of our properties print lies and slander and libel our customer, we will allow bad behavior towards our customers, we will not do the right thing." This is not the way a company should be run and HOTELS.COM should be ashamed that they have ruined the end of our trip with their lack of support. HOTELS.COM should NOT be trusted. HOTELS.COM cannot be believed. They are not supportive or understanding.

There are rules, but when one of your clients is the one who breaks the rules and makes the customer feel threatened and cause them to have to feel scare and alone late at night, it IS HOTELS.COM responsibility to fix things, to do the right thing and at least give us back the nights we lost through no fault of our own. We had to pay extra money at another facility, and they so far have not restored these lost nights. Shame on them. Apparently they never learned the Golden Rule from the Bible that you should treat people with love and kindness and not do bad things to them.

If you make a mistake, confess and repent and do the right thing. God knows what has happened and it was NOT our mistake that caused this domino effect. HOTELS.COM and JEDDORE LODGE just will not accept that they behaved inappropriately and they should apologize and do the compassionate and honorable thing. HOTELS.COM users should proceed with caution. They have proven they do not support you if there is a problem.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I made two booking for the same "hotel" in Madrid, one for the night before my flight and another one a month later for two nights. I made sure I checked all accommodation types except hostels and then selected Abracadabra Suites in Madrid. I read plenty of good reviews and didn't see any bad ones. In the key facts about the property it said a among other facts: Key facts This hotel is arranged over 1 floor. Arriving/leaving. Check-in time 3 PM-midnight.

After booking I noticed that what I had booked was a hostel, not a hotel, then I saw that I could not check in after 3 pm so I started looking for that information on Hotels.com and finally found it. There it said that I wouldn't be able to check in until the next morning if I arrived after 3 pm. On another page I read that I could pick up the key somewhere else. After messaging the hotel they said I could check in until 11 pm at another hotel 10 minute walk away. Then I found out that even though the hostel is on one floor, it is not the first floor and later I found many negative reviews from people saying how hard it was to walk up the stairs to the room.

I am handicapped so I can't go up any stairs so I messaged the hotel to ask them to let me cancel and be refunded for my pre-payment for those 3 nights/2 bookings. No response from the hotel. Then I tried Hotels.com customer service online. After speaking to a machine several time and being disconnected due to technical problems I finally got a hold of an agent. Long story short, my first three or four attempts, the agents just hung up on me before I could even tell them about my situation.

The next day, another chat agent (after going through the machine agent first of course, writing the same information for everyone over again). They all used the same copy/paste messages to respond to me, all gave the same phony answers and of course didn't accept any blame even though I booked a hotel on 1 floor and got a hostel on 2nd (or higher) floor, I booked a hotel with check in time until midnight but got a hostel with no real check in after 3 pm.

I think it was agent number 3 who finally tried to contact the hotel, after I don't know how many hours online on the chat. Tons of fake apologies later they say I have to contact them again so they could call at 7 pm when the manager was at the hotel (they keep referring to the hostel as a hotel). Back online to have a chat at 7 pm Madrid time. Technical difficulties at Hotels.com so no chat agent. I tried again today, waited until 7 pm, same information to the machine and agent again (even though they have my previous chats as I had asked them to link them to my reservation).

After about 30 minutes the agent offers to call the hotel. Back sometime later saying they couldn't do anything because the manager was not at the hotel until tomorrow at 2 pm Madrid time. I asked if they couldn't send an email to that manager or call him without me having to spend hours and hours on chat with them and talk to the machine and new agents every time. No, you have to be online in case we need any information about your booking. But you have all my booking information and I have told you many many times what I need to be done?!? No, you have to be online. Ok, I'll try to contact you again tomorrow at 2 pm.

Then I decided to send some additional information to them to make my claim stronger, i.e. that the information I had before booking those rooms was very misleading. Let me call the hotel for you, said the new agent. I immediately told him that would be no use because I knew the manager would not be there until tomorrow and that someone else was going to handle that. Still he called the hotel, made me wait for ages online and came back with the same copy/paste message as all the others.

I told him that I had never asked him to call the hotel, I had actually told him twice before he made the call that it would be useless. I told the last 3 agents I wanted their manager to contact me or if they could give me his email address. First two flat out refused, the last one gave me a generic email address that is replied to by same level agents. Of course all the agents have supervisor authority, which is no authority at all. They insist that there is no one at Hotels.com above their rank, yet they can't do anything.

I had made a few other bookings and was looking for 5 star hotel rooms for my 31 days of travel. I had planned to book them all through Hotels.com for the convenience of having them all in one place so I had better overview. I have cancelled all the other bookings and booked elsewhere (one hotel was €1.000 cheaper through booking.com than what I had booked on Hotels.com). I have told the agents that I will send all the chats to my lawyer and that I will be suing Hotels.com if they don't refund these two bookings.

It is a cheap hostel, I didn't pay much for it but I don't like being ripped off like this. I told them I only need one more night to qualify for a free night and offered them to cancel that if they can refund this. It would cost them a lot less because my other bookings were 10 times more expensive so they would make money by giving me a refund in exchange for that free night. No, that is not an option.

Only the hotel can refund these booking and only if they want to. Who cares if they have false advertisement? Who cares if Hotels.com posts misleading key facts about the hotel. Who cares if the guest can't even access the room? Who cares about anything as long as Hotels.com gets their money? I am sooo frustrated. I have spent almost 3 days non stop on this and I know I will be spending a lot of time posting the worst reviews for both Hotels.com and the hostel with the fancy name Abracadabra hostel in Madrid.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I should have read the reviews, no problem taking your money but when there is a refund due they just KEEP giving me the runaround. I called 5 different times, each time everything will be handled. Never a return response. Nothing has happened to help with refund due. Sent all information 3 separate times??? Still nothing. DON'T USE HOTELS.COM!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I booked a hotel through Hotels.com and was angry when I found out that they charged, what I assume was a booking fee, that turned out to be about 17% of the cost of our hotel room rate. I was not informed by Hotels.com what the fees were. I only found out the total cost when my credit card was charged. It was after backing out the state and local taxes that I found out. As far as their "stay 10 times and get a free night" promo, you might better save the booking fees and buy your 10th night.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have just paid a deposit for next year in April. The emails are now coming back from Hotels.com India. Have they been taken over? I decided to look at reviews and the ones from this month certainly sound like the company is dodgy. I think I might cancel on that basis, but will I get my deposit back? I will email the hotel to see if there is a booking. I have used them without a hitch on my last 3 overseas trip and never had a problem. I tried to claim my rewards night and was told I could only do that by paying the next booking in full at the time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I booked 2 rooms from Hotel Lindenhof from Austria for a night. Hotel said it has no any agreement with Hotel.com and there is not any reservation, And refused us host. We could not stay there. However the hotel charged and got the money from my credit card. I report that to hotel.com five times times asking to solve this problem. Unfortunately Hotels.com records the complaint but do not solve nor gives feedback to me since more than 40 days. We trusted in Hotels.com to book Hotels but it is indifferent to problems. I ask to Hotels.com to prove that it is a trustable firm by solving this problem.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I booked through Hotels.com for 13 nights and only to find out when I checked out & saw my final invoice from the hotel, I paid almost $800 more with Hotels.com. Hotels.com won’t honor it plus, the promo that they have for free hotel nights, that’s a trick. They’ll trick you to apply the promo code & that would be their excuse not to give the rewards night.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I reserved 10 nights in a hotel overseas under the policy and at the rate that I allowed to cancel or change the reservation within 72 hours after reservation. I called within 24 hours to change the reservation. They first stated I had passed the deadline. After complaining and being transferred to the complaint department, the Manager, Stephanie **, changed the story, and now stated there was no cancellation or change policy and that I could not be refunded in any way, or change my reservation. I asked for their email address so that I could send them the email booking confirmation I had received that proved there was a 72h change and cancellation policy, but they said there was no way to send them any emails.

I ended up sending a follow up email to the generic reservation address shown at the top of the booking confirmation email... Just in case it works. No response so far. They also refused to consider that their IT system may have a problem, since I had received that confirmation from them. They were adamant there was nothing wrong with their system. Full proof. This is incompetence and breach of contract at best, if not flat out theft.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Booked and paid for 3 week rental for my crew. Crew showed up and found not only was someone else renting the condo but at least 3 other parties were booked there, in error, as well. Condo personnel said they called Hotels.com when the prior parties arrived and was told Hotels.com had notified everyone and all was okay. Hotels.com kept me on the phone for over 90 minutes then said they couldn't find us a place to stay, oh well. They said I could not have the $7200 I prepaid back for at least 7-10 days even though it was needed to find another place for my crew.

I am a small, woman owned business which doesn't have an extra $7200 cash without a tremendous hardship. That was 7/22. 8/9 - still no refund so I called them. They said a refund had not been arranged and kept me for over 30 minutes calling the condo and verifying that a refund was due. I was told I'd have a confirmation email that day. 8/10 - no email. Called again..nothing initiated for refund so another 30 minutes and am promised exactly what I was promised on 7/22. Time to get legal help.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018 Booked the Excalibur in Las Vegas through Hotels.com. After checking in, the room was dirty and I had a severe allergic reaction. The Excalibur was full and could not accommodate a room change; however, they were very sympathetic and assured me that they would put a not on my reservation to authorize Hotels.com to refund my money. So I went to an adjacent hotel for the night. When I followed up with Hotels.com, they claimed that Excalibur would not authorize the refund, and that their hands were tied. I called the hotel and the hotel assured me that the note was there, and that they certainly would authorize the refund.

Second call - Hotels.com claims that the hotel denied the refund again.

I insisted that we pull Excalibur into the call on a 3-way because I just spoke with them and they told me that they would authorize a refund. When we had all three of us on the phone together, the Excalibur assured me and the Hotels.com agent that YES, they in fact will and do authorize the refund! So the agent sends a Hotels.com paperwork to the Excalibur for their official authorization and copies me on the email. Looking good, right? Wrong!! Next day I follow up and Hotels.com says sorry, Excalibur won't authorize the refund. So sorry, nothing we can do. I have never been so frustrated with something!!! Hotels.com is just determined to keep my $220. I hope the bad karma comes back to get them over and over again. Thieves!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I booked a business trip and needed to cancel it. The hotel agreed to cancel the reservation but Hotels.com refused to refund my reservation blaming the hotel. I called the hotel directly 3x and each time they advised they will cancel the reservation with NO fee/charges. Hotels.com said they will not refund our account per hotel policy. Will never use Hotels.com for our company reservations any longer.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have used this company for over 6 months now, and it is now coming to an end. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars in their so called "rewards" program. They constantly are manipulating the prices of the accommodations based on how full the hotel is. You can't plan a budget like this or allocate your money because one day the room could be $60 and the next double that price due to price manipulation! It is a scam, and I have written many reviews about the shoddy properties they advertise on their site. I have found Hotels.com routinely not posting my negative reviews and hiding them to prop up the hotels they advertise in order for the hotel to keep making money and them too bilking the customer and leading them on. THIS IS OUTRIGHT DISHONESTY AND SILENCING THE VOICES OF THOSE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!

What is the purpose of a review if Hotels.com is going to hide something negative about their properties? I have complained and complained and complained, and at this point, it is over. They will not get my money anymore. I am going to file a major complaint with the Secretary of State in Washington in the United States where they are based out of to get these people investigated and shut down. This is using dishonest tactics to take millions of dollars from the public while using 3rd world people who answer their phones paying them pennies on the dollar for labor to do it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I converted my Tesco Clubcard vouchers to £450 worth of Hotels.com vouchers. At the checkout the discount cam off (so the code worked). However, when I tried to complete the transaction it gives a constant error code. Tesco have been trying to contact them for 4 days. I am unable as there’s no email address, technical help, etc. Only a booking line based on India. 2 different managers said they could do nothing and questioned whether I had money in the bank! Said the hotels were full, etc., etc. but could do nothing. Direct me nowhere and one slammed the phone down! Never again would I use them. I now have a trip booked and will have to book and pay for the hotel myself and have £450 of unusable vouchers. I highly recommend Booking.com. Try them!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I went to Bolivia and Chile 3 months ago and I request invoice with company name from Hotels.com. It has been 3 months, they did not provide it yet. I sent a lot of emails to them. I don't think that they are operating legally. It is the worst service quality I got from any traveling websites. I will never use it again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I booked a room in Las Vegas. Fee was $233. Showed up and the hotel would not accept the booking and turned us away. Said they would refund the booking to Hotels.com. Booked a very expensive replacement hotel and called Hotels.com to obtain the refund. They claim we cannot get the refund because it was too late in spite of the fact that the reservation was made about an hour earlier and the hotel said they were refunding the booking. Hotels.com took our money and presumably the hotel’s refund. Thieves.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I made a reservation in Florence, Italy in June for a vacation planned in December. The cancellation policy stated: "Free cancellation until 12/23/18". My husband was just diagnosed with a serious illness and we needed to cancel our trip. I tried to cancel online and was informed that it was a special discounted rate that was non-refundable.

I contacted Hotels.com and was told that, after negotiating with the hotel, they were informed that the booking was non-refundable and "as much as we want to process your request [for a refund]. We also need to abide by the hotel's decision". I've let Hotels.com know that they need to live up to the stated terms of the booking, but they have not responded. How do you spell FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I booked a trip to Las Vegas at Vdara for Saturday August 11, 2018, checking out on Thursday August 16th, 2018. I used the drop down calendar on Hotels.com site. For some reason, the reservation booked for Thursday July 26, 2018 to Monday July 30th, 2018. I learned of this by way of an email, asking me how my check in was at Vdara on 7/26.

I called Hotels.com, who to keep it short, said, "Too bad, you are outside of the hotel's cancellation policy, you are stuck with the $1,300 fee." I explained, "It is not the hotel's fault. There is a glitch in your technology." I DID NOT book this room for those dates. It is impossible. I can assure you, I did not select the wrong MONTH, wrong DAY and wrong DATE. I am attending a large travel conference (Virtuoso Travel Week) and have no need to go to Las Vegas (hate it there) for ANY other reason or any other time.

As of now, I am out $1,300 for that reservation and had to book a new, more expensive room so I can attend the conference. The agents at Hotels.com are overseas and are clearly trained to deflect and not solve issues. When I spoke with the reservation department at Vdara, they explained it is much better/safer to book direct with the Hotel as they are experiencing many issues with these 3rd party booking engines.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I booked a hotel at Norwood in on Hotels.com. When I got to the hotel there were 30 upset people in the lobby because the rooms wasn't cleaned yet at 5 o'clock and people were getting turned away that had reservations. I tried checking in and I was told I wasn't guaranteed a room even though I prepaid. She said we could wait and see. It was 9pm when I was offered a room. Very stressful situation.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

When making reservations, clearly stated “Pay at hotel” except when I made the reservation was charged immediately. Then when needed to make a change well within the allowable time frame, was told had to cancel then rebook at almost double the rate! DO NOT BOOK THROUGH HOTELS.COM! I have used other booking sites as well as directly with hotels with no problems. I will NEVER use them again and will find every place that I can to place a bad review.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Hotels.com seems to be very deficient on the number of hotels offering 'redeem rewards' possibilities. On several occasions I specifically looked for hotels to use my rewards points and found that ENTIRE CITIES had no entries! Plenty of places to collect reward points, but no place to use them. This is bogus.

Original review: July 25, 2018

It's a bait and switch type of situation with Hotels.com! They lure you with email or ads and the price is not the same in the end! It changes minute to minute... I am done using sites! I call hotel direct now!!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I entered my parameters for a hotel stay (the date, number of guests, and location). The site booked me 45 minutes away in another state. As soon as the pages popped up, I called to have them rectify the mistake. The customer service agent hemmed and hawed and kept putting me in home. The upshot was that after half an hour of my time, he was very cheerful to inform me that he could do nothing to help. We were stuck with the room, adding an hour and a half to our travel time. (We actually passed our intended destination and had to retrace our steps the next day.) Then we arrived at the hotel, and the real fun began.

The filthy room that was supposed to accommodate five people had two double beds. We had requested a cot, but Hotels.com hadn't passed on the message. The concierge was there alone, so we had to haul the cot upstairs ourselves. She offered no apology and also told us we would have to pay extra for the cot. Absolute hell. Every member of my family was exhausted and tearful by the time we were in bed.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I made a reservation in the Arbuckle Lodge in Gillette WY for one night via Hotels.com. The rate was very reasonable and the room was nice with bunk beds for my kids. The kids were very anxious to sleep in bunk beds! I prepaid for the room on a CC. Upon arrival I discovered that the hotel had cancelled my room and was now overbooked. The room with the bunk beds had been given away (I'm sure at a higher price). The manager's solution was to put us up in a cheaper room that did not have the bunk beds I had originally paid for. I was furious. My kids were heartbroken.

Original review: July 20, 2018

If I could I would give them NEGATIVE STARS. Consumer Beware! These people are dishonest! Just look at all the negative reviews left! All they care about is taking your money. No interest in helping. I will never use them ever again and I am warning everyone I know to watch out for their tactics. Hotel was willing to change the date of my reservation but I had to do it through hotel.com. They try to blame the hotel but it is Hotels.com who has the consumers' money and is unwilling to make the change without charging me more money. Of course if I change it to another date with a cheaper rate they refuse to refund my money.

Original review: July 20, 2018

BEWARE OF HOTELS.COM. They advertise the best rates, but they are NOT the best rates. I have always been quoted a better rate by calling the hotel front desk and getting a price quote directly from the hotel. Also, Hotels.com makes you pay 100% in full at time of booking, where the actual hotel only requires a small deposit and you pay the balance at check in. HOTELS.COM WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Original review: July 18, 2018

Hotels.com non-refundable room price $93.50, taxes and fees $37.02... 37.02/93.50 = 39.6%!!! Hotel website non-refundable room price $93.50, taxes and fees $14.03... 14.03/93.50 = 15%!!! Fool me once, only once!!! Hotels.com are crooks! Spread the word!!! Don't let them continue to get away with this!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I booked through Hotels.com and stayed at a Days Inn near San Antonio Texas. I complained when I arrived about the cleanliness of the room, the carpet was shredded in one area of the room and the bathroom shower was absolutely disgusting. I was told that unfortunately they were sold out and couldn’t be moved to another room. I called Hotels.com when I returned home a few days later to advise them of my unsatisfactory stay. The young lady I spoke with was very short with her responses and then she put me on hold to contact the property. She came back to the phone and said that the hotel had no record of my numerous complaints to them. She then stated that she didn’t feel that I said anything to the front desk at the hotel.

I was outraged and demanded to speak with a supervisor. She then disconnected the call. I called back and was told there is another department that was handling my account and that they would call me back within 1-3 hours. Here it is 2 weeks later and 3 follow up calls to Hotels.com and still nothing from this other department handling the matter. I can assure you that I will no longer be doing any business whatsoever with Hotels.com and I will be contacting as many colleagues of mine that I can to not use this absolutely rude and unprofessional company to book travel. I have managed call centers for over 15 years and I would be absolutely appalled if any of my customer service agents spoke to customers in this manner.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Hotels.com will not give me an itemized account of what I'm paying for. I stayed at a Red Roof Inn. They said they are charging me for a safe... I told them before using the room I didn't want that. They said they are adding taxes to the room that are not on the bill. And for my ten day stay I left 2 days early and Red Roof Inn said I would get credit for that. But RRI couldn't give me a bill, they said Hotels.com would give me a bill. Now Hotels.com says they can't itemized the bill, I just need to look on credit card to see what it is. BS!!! I will never use Hotels.com again... Totally unprofessional.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I will NEVER use Hotels.com again. I was in the Portland OR area on a family vacation. After a long day, I booked a hotel on Hotels.com (Century Hotel) at 9:15 pm when I was down to 3% on my phone, I waited to make sure I got a confirmation number and email saying it was guaranteed, then didn't care if phone died. We finished up dinner and headed to the hotel which was 30 min away in the opposite direction we were heading the next day. Got to the hotel at 11:30 pm, and they told me, "Sorry you don't have a room anymore, your payment wouldn't go through. We tried to call you."

My phone died shortly after I booked it. I didn't think there were any issues since Hotels.com sent me an email saying it was guaranteed. Why couldn't they call Hotels.com and make sure they got the correct credit card information, since Hotels.com will NOT let you make a reservation without the valid credit card information (I know because I have entered the wrong expiration date and got an error, and also confirmed that with the customer service person I talked to).

The next day's activities started at 5 am and ended with a red-eye home, I didn't have time to deal with Hotels.com right then, because we had to find another hotel. Looking on Hotels.com for a similar hotel was $350-400 a night, and it's hard to stomach spending that much for 4 hours at a hotel, so ended up at a dump of a hotel for $200 (hole in bathroom ceiling, dirtiest room I've ever seen), and only a King when we needed (and had) 2 doubles at Century Hotel.

When talking to Hotels.com, they listened to my ordeal, or so it seemed, but just kept repeating that the hotel said, "The charge didn't go through, so hotel wasn't guaranteed, sorry." I understand if my credit card declined the charge, my room should be given to someone else. But that is not what happened. I called my credit card company when we got to the other hotel, asking if any charges from either Hotels.com or Century Hotel were declined tonight. They said no, we have all these other charges from the day including my current hotel I was at, but no charges from either of those companies and we did NOT decline any attempted charges today.

So, to sum it up, I have proof from my credit card company, that Century Hotel did NOT try to charge my card and an email from Hotels.com that says 'guaranteed room', yet the consumer to both of these companies, is screwed. I'm the one scrambling to find a room at 11:30 pm. Obviously, Century Hotel has no vested interest in me or my reservation, since I didn't book through them. I figured Hotels.com, who I have used for several years, would do something for my ruined trip.

Instead, they only believe the Hotel's version of events, even though I told them I had proof from my credit card. I asked if Century Hotels could prove that the charge was declined, and they couldn't, they just took their word for it and sided with the Hotel. I asked if they would give me some 'free stays' to get me closer to a free night somewhere for this hassle, and they said, "No, nothing we can do."

There are a couple options here that could have happened: 1) Century Hotels somehow entered the wrong credit card info because Hotels.com verified it was a valid credit card. 2) Century Hotels was either overbooked, or had a chance to get $100+ more for the room I booked so decided to make more money. You know for a fact, if somehow Century Hotels held my room, and I didn't show up... They would be contacting Hotels.com and making sure they got a credit card to charge me for the room. Yet when it's the small guy that gets screwed, no one cares anymore.

Original review: July 17, 2018

After making a reservation on the Hotels.com website, I found that I could not make a change on their website. So I contacted hotels.com customer service, and spent almost two hours on the phone with two separate supervisors before they finally contacted the hotel to supposedly make the change. I then received an email confirming the modified reservation. And yet when we arrived at the hotel, the front desk had no record of the fully pre-paid reservation. When I called hotels.com for the third time that day, (and by then I was pretty angry,) they told me they did not understand why I was upset. We waited 45 minutes in the lobby while they struggled to "resolve" the issue and ultimately booked our room directly with the hotel. I will NEVER book through the hotels.com website again.

Not sure about Hotels.com?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Sites for you.

Hotels.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.

• Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.

• Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.

• Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.

• Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Dallas
    TX
    www.hotels.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business