2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.09/5
Based on 1,706 ratings submitted in the last year

Hotels.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I booked a hotel via their platform and when I arrived at the hotel, the hotel mentioned that they had cancelled the booking on that same day since they were full. Had to find another hotel that same night. Contacted Hotels.com customer service and received very prompt responses from them. Unfortunately, this mistake was made by the hotel. I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with their customer service. They gave me a 100 Euro Credit Coupon for the inconvenience.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I booked a hotel through Hotels.com about 2 weeks ago. We are supposed to check in the day after tomorrow. I decided to try to switch to a hotel closer to the area that we will be enjoying this weekend. I contacted customer service to see about the possibility of just switching our reservation to another hotel instead of going through the whole cancellation and rebooking process online. The customer service rep, Jovy **., was awesome! They were so kind and prompt, they were able to switch our reservation to the other hotel that we chose without a bit of an issue, and we also got a small refund as the room was a little cheaper! No waiting on the cancellation to be credited back to us and having to pay up front again while waiting for that to happen. It was fast, simple, and Jovy was so courteous and helpful! Thank you Hotels.com!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Hotels.com made it easy for me to find an hotel immediately. It was a good experience since I could not find one by my own. The hotel was clean. The staffs were really nice and made my stay pleasant. They gave me extra towels and sheets as I am OCD - always worried about hygiene environment. They also gave me extra shampoo, toothbrush, soaps and hair conditioner for free. The breakfast was what I expected and they did not rushed me to check out. I really had a good time and will always choose Hotels.com for future emergency unfortunate life events.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I recently made a booking with Hotels.com. I've made about 30 reservations with them over the last 5 years. Never had an issue. I called the hotel to confirm the reservation, and they said they don't have one, and they can't fix the problem, they were very rude and unwilling to help. Long story short Hotels.com not only fixed the issue but gave me a $100 voucher to use on this trip or another trip for my troubles. They quickly took care of the problem, which by the way the hotel CANCELLED my reservation for no reason so it WAS their fault I had no reservation. Needless to say I won't book there again but Hotels.com staff took care of it and they were very friendly and helpful, which is why I have faithfully used them for 5 years.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I made the dumb mistake on canceling my hotel booking because my browser glitched on me. Due to the cancellation policy of the hotel, I was charged for one night from the gift card I used. I quickly reached out to customer service and David was able to contact the hotel who agreed to provide me with a complete refund. I appreciate Hotels.com on having such great customer service! Will definitely do future business if their CS is this top notch.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

For almost a month I've been calling hotels.com/Expedia and NO ONE WAS HELPFUL in expediting my refund. I asked for a refund on my flights, because it was cancelled by the airline in the first place and they didn't offer me a good alternative. Hotels.com on multiple occasions, prior to and after the cancelling, confirmed that I could have a refund for those flights. However, they are NEVER able to process and keep lying to me by email and phone about it. It's a very disrespectful service and the attendants are completely unprepared and poorly informed to deal with customer issues. They keep transferring your call without never giving a protocol or anything to keep track of what was told before. It's a complete circus! Stay away! Find another website that doesn't ruin your vacation and steal your money.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I made several bookings here and multiple times I arrived at the hotel and there is no room for me. I talked to customer service and they were unhelpful and seemed uninterested in making things right. I do not feel like they value my time or money and wont be using again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I reserved a hotel room through Hotels.com and incorrectly got billed. I then cancelled the booking within the allotted time to get a full refund but as yet, have not received it. Hotels.com said it's not their problem and won't give me any further help with the issue. Then they hung up on me! Which I have evidence of btw. Absolutely appalling, I will never use them again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I had Hotels.com follow up with the place I was booking regarding the mandatory fee of $330.00 for over 4 day and I call hotels.com daily for 3 day and I am not getting any response nor can I cancel. In addition, I am getting emails from a third party RedAwning & Inc. stating I can not cancel with a full refund. Disappointed as the fee for 3 night was $565 and now $1039.00.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

They charged me in US dollars and would not correct the difference even though I booked a Canadian hotel from Canada. Turned out to be way more expensive than booking directly through the hotel. Lesson learned to Never use hotels.com.

Not sure about Hotels.com?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Hotels.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.

• Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.

• Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.

• Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.

• Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.

• Best for: Budget travelers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team