3.2/5 (737 ratings)

About Hotels.com

Hotels.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Hotels.com has always been amazing with helping me with changes/cancellations on the phone. The agents are professional and quick to understand my problem. The four times I have called, they have instantly been able to make changes and send me an email with the receipt. I will say that their site and the virtual agent are not always as effective which is how I ended up calling in the first place.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

The hotel itself is beautiful, good location and I appreciated that it had a pool and great views. Also, bar has variety of drinks and restaurant offers delicious food. Love their hospitality. Helpful, courteous staff. The room cleaned once during that time. Easily scheduled and completed to our satisfaction.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Awesome service and such friendly workers. Great infrastructure, perfect swimming pool. Love to visit again! I would recommend staying here, clean rooms and overall good service. The hotel is a little dated in some areas, but overall well kept. Good location and best infrastructure.

Original review: July 19, 2022

After booking a VERY expensive Florida hotel I started reading some reviews that were very unfavorable and decided I no longer wanted to stay there. I contacted hotels.com and was initially told I was past the cutoff date to cancel or make changes. The representative offered to call the resort on my behalf to see if they would cancel my booking without penalty and they agreed. Also I received my gift card credit back within an hour so I was able to book a new stay right away. Great customer service.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

The property manager tried to say we were on the property the whole time never happened they were just greedy. So I disputed it with Hotels.com and they happily refunded me and gave me some love with an night rewarded. Thank you Hotels.com.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

They tell you to complete two nights and earn a free night but it’s all lies. Every time I complete my 10 nights they always lock my free night acting like they didn’t know I stay there when they know I book my room to Hotels.com and pay my money as well so why would I keep paying money for properties that I’m not staying at. They acting like they don’t know I stay there and then they got it now so you can’t even talk to no one. You only can chat them on the website that’s how you know they’re full of ** because they don’t want to talk to customers and hear the complaints.

They want you to talk to an automatic system that’s just texting you what you want to hear but it’s fine hotels won’t get another dime of my money because I’d rather pay at the hotel from here on out because what deal am I getting? The hotel prices are still the same thing at the hotel that y’all are charging so there’s no deal no way around. Y’all got your last dollar out of me. Word of advice for someone that books hotels weekly you better check the property first because they probably got cheaper rates than hotels.com.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Buyer beware. I am a Gold member on Hotel.com but I was treated like plastic. Tried to scam me out of $500. Customer service just flat out horrible. I am going to review on every site possible to let real people know about my horrible experience. Do not use Hotel.com. Go directly through the place you are trying to book. Never had interaction with them as bad as this. Have been problems in the past but at least they listened and actually fixed any mishaps they made in past. I booked a room and had confirmation email for my reservation. When I called to prepay, I was told I didn't have a reservation because I booked it as a pay at the hotel (which I've done many times in the past, they could have checked their records) so it wasn't a confirmed reservation. I wasn't asked to pay a deposit or prepay. So the rep was telling me that I did not have a confirmed reservation.

Booked and confirmed reservations are not the same all of a sudden. They then tried to get me to pay $500 more for same reservation to confirm it. Rep then told me I did not have the reservation and that I could take a chance on taking my family to another country and maybe the resort will have a room for double the price or I could pay him the $500 more for the room to have it available. Could not speak with supervisor. Rep was argumentative and did not try to resolve the situation, only made it worse. This is how they treat their gold members so buyer beware but you are more than likely better off going to the hotel directly. I ended up booking the same resort (already had flights booked) directly through resort and got much better deal than Hotel.com. Rep also lied to me and said the resort didnt have any available rooms, said he dpike to manager and they didn't have my reservation. Even though Hotel.com sent me a confirmation number in an email. Do not use.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I will never use Hotels.com ever again and I will tell all my friends and family to never use Hotels.com again. I booked 2 nights with them and they charged me $121.49 for the 1st night and $134.99 for the 2nd. I got the bill from the hotel and it was only supposed to be $102.05 for the 1st and $113.39 for the 2nd. They charged me $41.04 more than I should have been... I called them to discuss it and they just kept hanging up on me. If you need a hotel do not use them. Call the hotel you want directly they will give you a better deal.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I will NEVER use Hotels.com or Expedia (their parent company) EVER again. They over charged my credit card for my hotel stay and when I tried to call to talk to someone about it, the whole system is automated and kept hanging up on me, saying there was no booking associated with my card, etc. So now there is no way to get a refund because the system just hangs up over and over. What a nightmare! I never thought I would long for the chance to talk to someone in a call center in India, but that would be better than what Hotels.com offers!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Worst service after years of being a customer. No one addressed my issue. It is a rip-off and I will cancel my membership. They didn't address my issues. I will never use this website for booking ever again.

Hotels.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.

• Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.

• Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.

• Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.

• Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.

Hotels.com Company Information