3.4/5 (759 ratings)

About Hotels.com

Hotels.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Awesome service and such friendly workers. Great infrastructure, perfect swimming pool. Love to visit again! I would recommend staying here, clean rooms and overall good service. The hotel is a little dated in some areas, but overall well kept. Good location and best infrastructure.

Original review: July 19, 2022

After booking a VERY expensive Florida hotel I started reading some reviews that were very unfavorable and decided I no longer wanted to stay there. I contacted hotels.com and was initially told I was past the cutoff date to cancel or make changes. The representative offered to call the resort on my behalf to see if they would cancel my booking without penalty and they agreed. Also I received my gift card credit back within an hour so I was able to book a new stay right away. Great customer service.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

The property manager tried to say we were on the property the whole time never happened they were just greedy. So I disputed it with Hotels.com and they happily refunded me and gave me some love with an night rewarded. Thank you Hotels.com.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

Hotels.com is especially easy to use and the various hotel chains that you can book with is the best. I will use Hotels.com again for my next trip. If you have any problems or questions, the service representatives are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

We recently had a bad stay at a hotel booked through Hotels.com. We had booked for 2 days but after the 1st night, could not sleep in that bed again. We contacted hotels.com and they took all the info, contacted the hotel and got us a refund within 2 days- excellent service- we rebooked another hotel through them for the same night.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Hotels.com is the definition of fraud. Their site tricked me into booking a hostel for $120 and then charged me an extra $167 for tax! After realizing I've been frauded I canceled the booking through their site. I also called the property and told them I want to cancel, but she did not have any record of my name for that hotel! Now they are refusing to refund me saying the room is nonrefundable! Do not trust Hotel.com.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

We have a major hurricane coming in and had to cancel our reservations we had in Key West and they still charged us a huge amount for cancellation under these extreme conditions. I can’t believe it. Florida is under emergency and they didn’t understand that…Wow. We won’t be using this company ever again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I had a reservation to Lake Tahoe but unfortunately I had to cancel it due a nearby fire. I called Hotels.com and tried to cancel the reservation. I was told the hotel itself had to authorize the refund. I called the hotel and I was told it needed to be requested by Hotels.com. I called Hotels.com and told them what they needed to do. Hotels.com claimed they could not get ahold of the hotel. I told them that I just talked to them. They still claimed that they could not get ahold of someone from the hotel and refused to issue the refund. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE. It sounds like a scam since they don't have a number to call.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Sherrilyn that works for this agency has given me false information, and no hope at all to book with them. She upcharged a room by $49.51 and told me that was the cheapest they can offer. Stay away from them! They are scammers.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I made a reservation through Hotels.com and realized that I had booked the wrong hotel.. I called back within 30 min to cancel. The person I talked with put me on hold in order to call the hotel.. when she returned she said she could not get hold of the resort and that my reservation was non-refundable…but my reservation did state that I had free cancellation up till August 31. Since I had reservation protection I tried that route but did not qualify.. I called back to hotels.com and again explained what had happen., The lady on the line was very accommodating and said she would cancel my reservation and call the resort to get a waiver to refund my money she said to give them 72 hrs…

After 72 hrs I contacted hotels.com to see what the status was…they sent an email stating that they were able to cancel my reservation but since they could not get hold of the resort they could not refund my money.. My reservation was for New Year's Eve… I have never heard of not being able to cancel a reservation 4 months in advance and the fact I tried to cancel the same day I made the reservation.. It sounds very strange that they could never get hold of the resort to fix this.. I feel that they stole $500 from me…I have since called my credit card company and initiated a fraud claim.

Hotels.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.

• Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.

• Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.

• Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.

• Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.

Hotels.com Company Information