Hotels.com

Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A warning to all consumers to break up your multi-night booking so that you have control over which night is free. One must be so careful to read between the lines when using Hotels.com. Most recently when trying to redeem free nights with their rewards program, it is not clear what nights the free nights are applied to. I contacted Hotels.com to try to switch the free nights to cheaper nights so that I could have more expensive nights go towards the average free night for my next reward. Multiple customer service agents told me the free nights are automatically applied to in order of the first, second, etc. nights of the booking and that they couldn't adjust anything without termination.

However, they were wrong and I had to find the fine print of the terms of use - the free night is applied to the most expensive night, if the value is above the maximum, the remainder of the value is forfeited. When booking, you only see a value taken off your account. It is only after a few days that you complete the booking (stay at the hotel) that you find out what nights are free/discounted. I am disappointed that it is not clear when booking what nights the free night gets applied to on multi-night bookings, that their customer service agents do not know their own policy and that Hotels.com does not empower their employees to make their customers happy. I reiterate my warning to all consumers to break up your multi-night booking to control which night is free because you can't expect Hotels.com to budge. Otherwise, call up the hotel directly and often you can negotiate the same rate or cheaper if you skip Hotels.com.

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!! This shouldn't even be a website. I booked a reservation and they canceled it without my knowledge. I was coming in from out of town so you can imagine how inconvenient this was!!!! They basically couldn't help me and no idea why it was canceled. I will never ever ever use any booking site from now on. It's directly through the hotel. I PRAY THIS WEBSITE GETS SHUT DOWN SOON!!!! Hotels.com you're terrible people and I don't understand how you sleep at night. GOD HAS A VERY SPECIAL PLACE FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!

This is my first ever consumer complaint. I feel compelled to make it because I think many people rely on this site to their disadvantage. When I tried to make a reservation for a hotel in Chicago, I was supposedly given a "special discount rate" which turned out to be inaccurate even though the site clearly stated their special "per night" rate. As it turned out, their special rate was not per night and this representation was completely false. The explanation I got was that in the fine print after I clicked on make a reservation, there was a statement that the amount they quoted was an average--not a per night stay as clearly stated--and not including taxes! Add that all up and it is the same price as if you just call the hotel yourself. There is nothing special about it. When I called to ask about this discrepancy, I was met with rudeness and denial.

I was looking for a hotel on 2/1/2017 and booked at the Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown: Downtown Portland Hotels with as I had thought for the same day that I was in the Portland, Oregon area 2/1/2017. I got the email confirming the reservation for 2/12/2017 through 2/13/2017. I contacted Hotels.com for a refund as I booked another hotel that day as I couldn't find the Crowne Plaza and attempted to call them for help in changing my reservation with no luck.

I called again, neither Crowne nor Hotels.com will refund me the $145.32 nor offer anything in exchange for not staying at Crowne. Today is 2/8/2017 and the reservation I made in error was for 2/12/2017 so I haven't stayed there and still I can't get reimbursed with calling customer service at Crowne Portland, Oregon as well as Hotels.com with reservation #**. For customer service sake, I feel that as an error in the booking date, something would have been offered. Crowne advised that Hotels.com charged me and to check my statement, so I did and the only fee charged is from Hotels.com for the $145.32.

When speaking with Crowne the Accounting Manager mentioned that they couldn't discuss financial dealings about this reservation since Hotels.com charged me. I contacted Hotels.com customer service asking for help or a credit in some way and no budging. I feel that losing $145.32 is harsh to anyone who booked in error with a legitimate case. Hotels.com has no policy if you pay ahead even in error bookings. Do not use pay ahead ever if possible as Hotels.com nor Crowne will refund your money to you even if your reservation is more than 3-5 days out when booking at Hotels.com pay no option.

I wanted to share my experience that I had with Hotels.com. I booked a cabin and put my dates in. It was a Wednesday-Saturday. I selected, reserve and it showed me my dates and had other info, but at the bottom had the total in bold (which drew my eyes right to it.) I confirmed payment etc. When the management company contacted me with check in info, our reservation was only for Wed-Fri. Long story short, I called Hotels.com and told them what happened and spoke to a manager. She apologized and ended up paying for our Friday night stay at another hotel because the cabin we were renting was taken for Friday. I really appreciated this gesture and it felt it deserved a nice review! Thank you!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hotels.com?

I booked a hotel through Hotels.com, then three days later received an email from them advertising special prices. The identical room on identical dates was $29.90 less than they had charged me three days prior. I called and was refused the adjustment on my credit card, instead offering me a $40 coupon on a future booking. I went all the way to a manager, Miguel who maintained their Position. Clearly not honoring their price guarantee. I refused the $40 coupon since I do not plan to do business with them again!

Do Not Use!! Will not refund! I had a terrible situation with this lack of anything company except keeping your money under any means necessary!!! My son was in town. We live in NC and the hurricane was coming "Matthews," this happened last year 2016. Under a State-of-Emergency and hotels were all filled in my area. I found one at a neighboring city and reserved it. He was trying to help his girlfriend and get the kids to safety. Too much water was building on the street. His truck engine stalled plus roads leading to and from all areas were becoming impassable. They were advised to stay put and not try to leave because road conditions were not known. I had reserved the room on my MC card and called to cancel for a refund. Explained this and MORE to them. Remember no understanding from ROBOTS and forget compassion. ROBOTS!

Price Match is a Joke. I found a cheaper hotel room with Hotels.com and ensured that I could meet the conditions of the Terms & Conditions of the price match policy before booking with Best Western and subsequently completing a claim form. The first response I received said declined as the BW average price per night was a few cents cheaper than Hotels.com. I responded with screenshots showing that the Hotels.com price was cheaper. The second response again said Hotels.com was more expensive and Denied claim.

I changed my browser to show price in USD assuming they were confused by conversion rate and demonstrated again that Hotels.com was cheaper. Their third response said they assumed I'd been looking on a different competitor's site and asked for confirmation as claim was Denied. I again confirmed it was the Hotels.com site I was looking at and sent more screenshots and asked for the complaints procedure to escalate the matter.

Their fourth response said Hotels.com price was for 2 Adults and I had booked BW for 3 Adults - claim Denied. I responded with another screenshot showing the price I had from Hotels.com was for 3 Adults. Their fifth response stated that the room type I had been quoted was a different room. I responded with screenshots showing that the room type was the same and asked them to refer my complaint to a Manager to review the amount of time wasted in resolving this and advising them that I would have cancelled the booking only for the fact my booking is non-refundable!

I await their sixth response and wonder what the next reason for Denial will be! It's a no win situation really as you can only claim the price match after you've booked with Best Western. So if they deny your claim, then there's nothing you can do. From the above experience it seems they are just looking for any reason to Deny. I hope the stay in the hotel is a better experience.

I made a non-refundable reservation through Hotels.com for a Manhattan hotel. Two days before my stay, the hotel's website was offering a lower rate for the same room. I contacted Hotels.com with all my information as they advertise a price match guarantee. Well guess what, conveniently, they could not "verify " my information, so I was not entitled to the difference. I then sent them a screen shot, same response. I've been battling them for days... No one ever bothered to look into this for me, just the standard, can't verify. SCAM!!!

Site displayed inaccurate booking information. Only revealed non-refundable status of purchase after I paid. I called immediately to correct the dates. Willing to pay extra. Instead they said no refund period. They put me on hold and pretended to call the hotel, lying that the hotel makes the decision. The hotel never heard of me, had not received the reservation and do not make decisions about refunds of bookings made at Hotels.com.

HOTELS.COM customer service (silver) is **. I am a silver member which means I have been using hotels.com fairly a lot for perks like rewards and reasonable prices. Simple bookings and canceling are fine. Wait until you encounter small issues, like you call them to ask about double charges on your credit card. Trust me, they won't help you. I had to figure it out myself for two weeks by calling the HOTEL and digging all the possible statements and confirmation records I could find from hotels.com. They don't always keep good records on their system especially the ones that will do them no good like cancellation or past booking with issues.

Bottom line, you hit an issue with them, they won't help you. For ex. This is the email I got from them today, "Thanks for contacting us about your issues. I am sorry to hear about your issues of __ regarding itinerary #... We don't know why our rep told you it was a deposit that will be refunded (which will not), she probably guessed it. Thank for choosing hotels.com." I am never hitting hotels.com on my computer again. (After I write reviews about them all the other websites.)

Paid for three nights at the Best Western in St. Augustine over the Christmas Holidays. They paid the first two nights, but not the third... Called them and they said they would get back to me in 3 to 5 business days... Yeah right... Still waiting for refund over 30 days now... They are part of Expedia.com who is the parent company. Book yourself at the hotel sites... They will match any of their prices... Hope this helps you to make better choices and become a better informed consumer.

I booked 10 nights in the same hotel in Zurich over Christmas and 1 additional night at the airport in Zurich. After my return I didn't see any hotel nights in my rewards account. I sent hotels.com a message what happened and the answer was "you don't have a rewards account" (which is not even true). By the way: nowhere it's written you have to apply in a reward program. It says just "book 10 nights and get the 11th free (except taxes)".

Be aware - they don't give you the "free night". They find always a way not to pay. It's just a fraud!!! Never ever again hotels.com. As a former travel agent I told a lot of my friends and clients about booking over hotels.com. I truly regret it, and for sure I will never ever mention this company to anyone asking me where to book!!

When shopping on the Hotels.com website and looking at a list of amenities with green checkmarks going down the side one would assume that it would include the amenities listed. They do not in fact of the various amenities listed including hairdryer one of them with the green arrow was airport shuttle. This is the entire reason we booked the hotel. After we made the purchase it then told us that the shuttle was $30 each way. You have to make the purchase before you see that because on the main page where they are selling you it shows the arrow as green and included and none of the customer service representatives cared. They said they can put whatever they want in the green arrow and on a different page they can say that it is not included. There was no * for me to read that it was not included. It was just a green checkmark. When I told him I would send them a copy of this they refused me.

SCAMMED BY FRAUDSTERS BECAUSE HOTELS.COM ALLOWED THEM TO ADVERTISE A NON-EXISTENT APARTMENT. This saga is all fully documented. Conclusion. Hotels.Com gave no assistance when they knew we were stranded in New York, at a very busy holiday time (New Year), with three children (ages 8, 6 and 1 year old), late on a freezing winter's night.

This experience was clearly extremely stressful for all concerned. We did eventually find a bed for the night but it was only by good fortune that we could stay at the hotel for all five nights. Initially we booked the hotel for just the one night: our expecting hotels.Com to sort everything the following day during USA working hours. What is more concerning is that there were only five reviews for this apartment all giving 1 out of 5 with relevant comments dated as early as July 2016 we booked in May. But still in December hotels.Com confirmed my booking.

The least of the concerns, but nevertheless of concern, is the extra expense of the phone calls (60+), taxis (80), and additional hotel costs. What if we were on a very tight budget? And finally, and perhaps most important - the incompetence of hotels.Com not to have acted upon the reviews posted about the apartment. This inaction must surely have encouraged the scammers to continue; knowing they were getting away with it.

SUMMARY. This issue relates to: An apartment booked thru the (global brand website?) HOTELS.COM sister company of Expedia in May 2016 for a New Year break. All was confirmed at the time of booking and on 3 December hotels.Com sent me a confirmation of my booking - essentially confirming that all was well. On arrival at the apartment on 28 December 2016 at about 6:30pm it was apparent that the booked holiday apartment did not exist. The apartment block was residential and all doors locked. I had three numbers to contact the apartment. They were all answer phones with the same message - "we are busy on other calls right now"; with the promise to call back. I left answer phone messages but there was no call back. By this time I suspected a scam and rang HOTELS.COM.

HOTELS.COM knew we had three children with us (8, 6 and 1 year old). But they did nothing to help. They rang the apartment and rang me back to say there was an answer phone. That was the extent of their help. We rode around in a taxi for an hour, with 3 children, until we found a reasonably priced hotel that could accommodate us for at least that first night.

I now know that as early as 2 July 2016 reviews were being put on this apartment's advert on HOTELS.COMs website. Each review gave 1 out 5 with relevant comments, comments that should have raised serious questions and doubts in their mind. But no action was taken by HOTELS.COM, nor EXPEDIA. These reviews were accessible on 8 Jan 2017, of which I have copies, but by 10 January they were no longer accessible. As at 10 January the advert for the apartment was still on HOTEL.COMs website but I think it is inactive in that any dates requested are not available. Since 4 January 2017 I have made numerous calls and exchanged numerous emails to get recompense and finally on 11 January they offered $971.84which equates to 800 more or less what I paid.

The full story. My wife and I wanted to do something very special for our family for New Year in 2016 so we decided to treat them all (and us of course) to a break in New York. I found what seemed to me to be the ideal accommodation on HOTELS.COM's website. It was a 3 bedroom apartment in (as stated in the ad) Upper West Side Manhattan but more like Harlem. However a little research told me that like Islington and Notting Hill in London; Harlem is not the place it was 40 years ago and had been gentrified. The cost was $1,141.80 non-refundable payable direct to the apartment (immediately after making the booking - which did) + $150 (cleaning fee) + $150 (refundable deposit) payable at the apartment. This equated to approximately 800 + the fee and refundable deposit.

The pictures on HOTELS.COMs website were all very nice, and there was wifi, TV, kitchen, coffee/tea maker, microwave, refrigerator, etc. Everything we needed. But was it too cheap to be real?...maybe. So I rang HOTELS.COM to confirm exactly what the situation was. Price-wise and accommodation-wise. Eventually, after HOTELS.COM claimed to have rung the apartment (a very interesting fact), they confirmed everything to my satisfaction and the booking was made. I have recordings of these calls.

Booked a New York apartment in May 2016 for 28 December 2016 to 2 January 2017 (5 nights) thru the global website HOTELS.COM. This booking was for 5 adults (myself, my wife, our son, our daughter and our daughter's husband) and our three grandchildren aged 8, 6 and one year old). HOTELS.COM were aware of the individuals and the ages of the children.

Early December HOTELS.COM sent me a (re-)confirmation of my booking. We landed approximately 4:30 pm New York time and were met by a stretched limo which was part of the treat. The address of the apartment was 47 Street Nicholas Place, New York City Zip code 10031. Now Street Nicholas Place does not exist but on HOTELS.COM website there was a map of the location indicating Saint Nicholas Place a name unique within the zip code. So I was satisfied that someone has written street, which has an abbreviation of St instead of Saint which of course also has the abbreviation - St. The limo dropped us off at the door and straight away there appeared to be a problem. As I had no apartment number I was expecting an apartment block with a reception just like a hotel. But there was no such thing.

The front door was locked. There were about 8 intercom buttons at the entrance so I rang the first one. A man appeared from the ground floor and I told him why I was there. He told me they were all private residential apartments. Unless I knew which apartment I had booked it would be impossible to do anything more. One resident came out and she told me the same. In desperation I tried all 8(?) intercom buttons with only one more response. That person said the same all residential apartments. I had three phone numbers to contact the apartment (owners?). Each number I rang went to an answer phone - "we are busy on other calls right now" so I left a message but there was no call back.

I then rang HOTELS.COM. They said they would ring the apartment. They then rang me back to tell me there was no response from the answer phone. That was the end of HOTELCOMs involvement at that time. By now it was 9pm on a New York winter's night and it was getting chilly. With 3 children we had to get them off the street. We hailed a taxi and asked him to take our daughter, son-in-law and the 3 children to a reasonable priced hotel able to put us up for at least that first night New Year in New York that would not be easy. The arrangement being that when they found something the taxi would come back for me, my wife and son. After an hour we got a text message from our daughter, still driving around looking for a hotel. About 11pm they had found a hotel and the taxi came back to pick us up. So we got a bed for the night my expecting HOTELS.COM to sort everything for us on the 29th during (USA) working hours.

Next day I tried the apartment phone numbers on the hotel phone; with the same "we are busy" response. Again I rang HOTELS.COM; with the same response from them; they got an answer phone with no response. Because we only booked for the one night then subsequently needed further nights, the hotel could only guarantee the second night. By sheer good luck, and cancellations, they could put us up three more nights but we had to change rooms on occasion.

So on 4 Jan I took up the matter with HOTELS.COM and the first thing they suggested, Let me call the apartment with the predictable result. Clearly they had taken no action, nor interest, since our last contact on Dec 29. At that time they also offered me a $250 goodwill gesture which I declined in case they deemed it to be the end of the matter. In any case the $250 turned out to be a $250 coupon for future bookings.

On 11 Jan I received an email "We're writing to let you know that we've processed your refund. Refund amount: USD 971.84"; It continues "When you'll get your refund: We processed your refund on 10 January 2017. Financial institutions may take up to 15 days to post the credit to your account." It then goes on to say "We look forward to helping you with future travel plans." Well I do have a sense of humour but...

The 800 refund was received on my credit card account on 12 January. On the same day I received 3 discount vouchers by email totalling $250 to use against future bookings. These vouchers are valid for 12 months. As we have four holidays booked for 2017 it is highly unlikely that we would get the chance to use these vouchers. Still on the 12th I rang HOTELS.COM informing them that I was unlikely to use the vouchers but in any case was seeking cash compensation. I was told the only compensation available was vouchers. Below is a screen copy of the resulting email sent to HOTELS.COM.

The original refund of $971.84 equated to my payment of 800. Given the fluctuation in the /$ exchange between May and December 2016 I actually paid $1,141.80 (still 800) so the refund did cover the amount paid. However, seemingly out of the blue, on 20 January HOTELS.COM emailed about having partially processed a refund of 971.84 USD and it went on to say we have also released a credit in the amount of 169.96 USD. The refund now totals $1,141.80 which at prevalent currency exchange rates gives me 138 more than I paid.

I was trying to book an international flight with a hotel on their site. It kept coming up with a payment issue error, so I called them. The woman pulled up the exact same trip I had just tried to book, and was trying to figure out why I was getting the error message. I was still logged in to my banking site, and saw that a pending charge had appeared. It was for the original booking price of $1541. She told me that the reason it had been giving me an error was that the price was incorrect, and was actually supposed to be $1638.

The pending charge won't be cancelled on their end for 3 business days, and my bank can't cancel a pending transaction. They said it must be cancelled on the merchant's end. So now I have no reservation, and They're holding $1541 for 3 days?!? And they would not agree to give me the original rate or even the current, corrected rate, for my trip after the charge is cancelled! This was my first experience with hotels.com, and it will definitely be my last.

Never ever believe their promotion like referral a friend or double hotel night because they never fulfill their promotion afterward. You only can use their site as your management tool, but this company has no credibility at all.

I have used Hotels.com for several years. I like their website and find it easy to use and book hotels. What I don't like is the inaccurate record of my completed hotel stays. They offer your tenth night free, but I've completed at least ten nights in the past year and they only show five. I called about this problem once and was told to contact those hotels and get my confirmation numbers. I am not going to go through all that time and trouble! Hotels.com should keep better track of my bookings through their website.

The reviews are pretty accurate and selection is huge. Getting a free night for every ten nights of stays is terrific since they cover so many hotels in all areas that it's not hard to stay in places that meet your criteria no matter where you're going. And many reservations are refundable in case your plans change.

The hotel was fine. But my problems is not with the hotel it's with Hotels.com. I paid $932 for seven nights when I get to the hotel. The hotel charged my $63 extra which I was not aware about. I called customer service. I told them what happened. They were like "We sorry because you were not aware about this" which is too late for me, but they said "We are going to give you $30 coupon" that I can use in a year. I was mad because paying $63 in the hotel was not in my plan. I have used many apps and never pay anything in the hotels.

Anyways NOW we came to the rewards program they have which is spend 10 nights get the one nights free. I used in Orlando FL seven nights Ok and then my way to home I spent 2 nights in Johnson city TN which I used the $30 coupon. Total of nights is 9 nights now. Only applied in my account 4 nights!! I called them to find out why. Guess what was their answer. Their answer was "We can not give you the another nights because we gave you a coupon with $30." When she told me that I did not know what to do I laugh or I cry because it was funny. Of course I will take advantage using the coupon. So because they gave me a coupon they take 5 nights out of my reward. I did not want to used hotel.com when I paid the $63 but after the coupon I wanted to give them another chance which I wish I did not. Bad experiences. I will not recommend any of my friends or family.

I am kicking myself for making a reservation through Hotels.com rather than directly with the hotel. I'll never do this again. My friend and I were planning a 90-mile drive for a one-night getaway at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville. The afternoon before, we saw that a large amount of snow was predicted, and we decided that it would be better to postpone our trip for another night. Given this exceptional circumstance, we didn't expect any difficulty. However, the hotel would do nothing for us... They said we needed to contact Hotels.com. It was impossible to do so. You aren't able to talk to a real person, but instead go through Voice Mail Hell. It kept telling me that it couldn't find the details of the reservation, even though it recognized that we had a reservation. I called the hotel twice and they wouldn't help.

We've finally decided that we're going to drive, despite the bad weather. Hopefully, we won't get stuck on the interstate. I will never, ever use this "service" again and I highly recommend not using them. I also think it's reprehensible that hotels allow bookings through this website, especially since it's not at all transparent that, if there's a problem they will do absolutely nothing to help you.

Room was dirty and my dog got a serious infection from the fleas etc. Apparently, hotels.com does not check the places they send you to. I will never use this company again. As of now my Vet bill is $300 plus.

I usually start with Hotels.com and then once I get a rate - I check with the hotel to see if they have the same rate. Many times they do have the same rate. If it is the same - I book directly with the hotel.

After dozens of nights stays through Hotels.com, I had a VERY VERY disappointing experience. I called Hotels.com and they recommended the Welk Hotel in Cabo. The cost was $975/night, so expectations were high. The room looked 30 years old, dirty, dark, buggy, stale. It was incredibly disappointing. For $975/night, you don't get maid service! How is this possible? My family was incredibly disappointed. We later found out that another family next door paid 25% of what we paid on Hotwire.com. I would have been disappointed at 75% less. I called Hotels.com 7x to complain. I either was not connected or they hung up on me.

After waiting 45 minutes, they finally picked up. If you are booking a new reservation, the wait time is 2 minutes or less. If you are complaining about an experience, wait 45 minutes. After finally connecting, they told me it was not their problem. I will NEVER use Hotels.com again. They are horrible. NEVER stay at the Welk. It is disgusting. Stay at the Cape or JW Marriott for less money and a cleaner, newer, hotel with better service, food, and overall experience. For $975/night, I expect a nice experience. IT DID NOT HAPPEN and Hotels.com recommended it!

I called instead of booking online due to some questions. I found my hotel online for 266 a night although the hotels.com agent stated their price was higher although they would match the price. I said ok as long as they matched it. He then told me that my first email would be for the higher price charge and the next would be with the lower. I then found out I didn't get the lower price. The agent never told me of a credit, coupon... why would I want a credit when I could have booked it myself online for the lower price.

The agent was a scam, liar and this reservation was a FRAUD... the agent wanted the sale for his benefit and didn't tell me the truth. Customer Service said they'd help although no email with credit charge change which they said I would receive. I will dispute the charge with my credit card company as fraud and will not pay. I'm in federal law enforcement and if you feel you are a victim when using your credit card, don't let them win. You have rights when these scum companies try to rip you off.

I have used hotels.com many times last year and gained my "free night" reward. When I learned it was about to expire, I called and spoke to a representative. After holding on the line forever, he came back and told me they would grant an extension for another year. I recently tried to use that reward, but was promptly told it had expired! After being transferred from one rep to another and even call-dropped a couple of times... I finally spoke to a "supervisor". Of course, who can understand these people they hire overseas!? She said something I could not understand and then hung up on me! I will NEVER use hotels.com again!

I book a Queens bed at Hotel Sentral JB through www.hotels.com and instead of getting Queens size bed, I've gotten 2 single bed at the arrival. The lady at the reception straight away told me there is no Queens Bed room and just given me 2 single bed. I was shock and upset. The picture and description saying A but I got B instead. Totally misleading this website www.hotels.com. BEWARE of using big company website like www.hotels.com. I will never use it again. Shame on you www.hotels.com!!! Another thing the website saying I will get room with a view, what view!!! View of construction site on 2 side of the hotel building. Jesus!!! Totally misled! The room is dated and tatty, forget mentioning the rest. Nuff said. I'm going to get noisy construction sound by tomorrow morning 8 am.:'( Shame on you www.hotels.com. I will never use your website again.

I have used them for about 8 years. I have booked at least 80 to 120 rooms with them. At first they were pretty good, but have gone downhill recently. I had a very bad experience recently and I really hope it changes as they are one of the easiest sites to use.

Attempted to cancel a reservation a service made for me a month in advance. I emailed and tried calling to cancel with no response. I then two weeks in advance cancelled it via my credit card and they put it back on after the date. Very bad business. I also received a notification that it was solved. "Your request ** has been marked as solved. To reopen this request, please reply to this email."

I made a reservation by calling hotels.com and when I arrived at the hotel my reservation was nowhere to be found. I didn't receive a confirmation # via email and when I called customer service I was told by 3 ** that they couldn't find my reservation until they transferred me to a 4th representative who was able to find it. My card had already been charged and it was a very stressful 20 minutes when I thought my girlfriend and I were stuck in Atlanta with nowhere to go. In the end it came down to a name spelling error (and apparently phone number and email misspelling too). Finally got it figured out but the overall experience was terrible. I don't recommend hotels.com to anyone. Book it somewhere else.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hotels.com is a website dedicated to helping travelers find lodging at hotels, motels and resorts. It lists deals from over 325,000 hotels around the world.

• Free hotel rooms: Travelers receive one free night for every 10 they book.
  • Group discounts: Hotels.com offers discounts for large groups.
  • Secret Prices: Travelers can access Secret Prices by downloading the Hotels.com app, subscribing to emails or becoming Hotels.com Rewards members.
  • Negotiation tool: The negotiation tool at Hotels.com lets travelers set their own prices to get better deals.
  • Last-minute deals: Hotels.com regularly has up to 20,000 last minute deals for travelers.
  • Best for Budget travelers.

Compare Travel Sites