3.12/5
Based on 68 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

257 Holiday Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I read a lot of bad reviews about Holiday Inn vacation club and was scared to go!!! But we went anyway because we had paid a year ahead time... Glad we did. We took the timeshare tour. We were treated very respectively even though we declined to buy a timeshare. GREAT VACATION. WOULD DO IT AGAIN!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I was offered a 5-day 4-night stay for $279. After talking to the representative I agreed on Myrtle Beach with the promise of a beachfront hotel that could sleep 5 comfortably. I flew from California (paid myself) and when we checked into our hotel it was 4 miles from the beach, dirty and smells. I first tried calling customer service with IHG and got hung up on. I called back and was told to ask for a balcony room with an overview of the beach... When I explained the only thing I could see from my room was the highway they said there’s nothing they will do.

I asked the hotel to switch me from the room (2 full size beds) and they wouldn’t. The gym has one treadmill, one elliptical and one bike. The pool was closed when we went down to use that. Our vacation for our family is pretty much ruined. The tour looked nice and we expressed our concerns with them and was promised a callback. No call either. As much as Holiday Inn had been good in the past I don’t think I’ll ever stay again after this.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My daughter is a competitive swimmer and we travel a lot, earlier this year, I booked a reservation for Holiday Inn and was offered a vacation package to Orlando Florida which I purchased for $249.00. Last week, I called the reservation office to book a trip to Las Vegas since I have the option to change location, while making my reservation. I was asked by the reservation personnel if I am married and I said yes then she told me that I need to attend a 2 hour presentation with my husband, I explained to the reservation person that my husband is in the Philippines and has been there for more than 2 years and he has no plan of coming back to the US.

I was told by the reservation person that she cannot made the reservation for me due to the fact that I cannot bring my husband with me to the presentation, I asked for a refund but was told that the vacation packaged that I purchased for $249 is not refundable, I was told to email Holiday Inn Customer Review regarding my situation which I did but my email was returned. I also emailed one of Holiday Inn's representative but did not get any response. I do not understand why I cannot make a reservation for a vacation package that I purchased, Holiday Inn is not giving me a vacation package for free, this whole thing is a SCAM so beware, don't fall into their trap and become a victim like me, now I'm down $249 which I would have use somewhere else.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We were called on 7/16/18 by a member of IHG offering my husband a trip to one of 10 locations with Holiday Inn Vacations Club. Since my husband is already a member of IHG, he was first offered a package for 4 days/3 night stay at one of the properties at a price of $249.00. After I kept declining because I was very skeptical, we were supposedly transferred from one person to another to try and get us a better deal - same package now for only $199.00. I told them to send us something in writing before we committed to the deal. Of course they could send an email confirmation once a payment was made. I went against my better judgment and fell for the scheme.

I called back to cancel the transaction the same evening only to keep being transferred to another affiliated company and person until the call was dropped by them of course. I called them back today and finally spoke to someone who told me that the package deal was 1) not at a villa or resort for the stay, but would be staying at a hotel and 2) non-refundable. I told her this is not what we were told and she tried to give some spiel that so much is said during the scheme by them that we probably missed it. I asked questions and wrote notes and none of that was ever mentioned! The rep gave me a site to go and write to Marketing Call Center at customereview@HolidayInnClub.com but I cannot find where to complain and request my refund. I want everyone to beware of this scheme and DO NOT FALL FOR IT!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have been a member of IHG for several years and used Holiday Inn Express Motels for a long time. I received a call from Holiday Inn Vacations. I was told that Holiday Inn was "Celebrating" their 25th anniversary by offering exclusively to IHG members, discounted room rates at one of their vacation resorts. You will get 4 days and 3 nights for $199. I inquired if this was a timeshare, since I have dealt with timeshares before and was told "No", this is simply an anniversary exclusive deal, no strings attached.

Well I accepted the deal and then found out that it is a "Timeshare" and you are required to attend one of their BS 2 hour sales presentations. I was also informed after accepting the deal that it could not be cancelled. Holiday Inn will not refund the money and I have no intention of attending one their BS Sales Presentation, so I have lost my money to these SCAM arts. However I highly recommend that everyone reading this, do what I plan on doing. I WILL NEVER stay at another Holiday Inn for business or personal vacations again, they have permanently lost any future business from me or any of my employees. They claim that Holiday Inn Vacations have nothing to do with IHG, which is also BS. How would Holiday Inn Vacation have known that I was a member of IHG if they are not one in the same organization?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

Original review: July 9, 2018

We had to travel to the Los Angeles area to attend my younger sister's funeral that died of MS. We looked on Hotwire and found a nice looking Holiday Inn in La Mirada. We arrived at the hotel one hour early and were told that we could not check in until three PM and not a minute earlier. I asked the front desk clerk I only had two reasonable requests. 1. Not be on the busy freeway side of the hotel, 2. we need double beds because my 30 year old son was with us to attend the funeral.

We wound up getting a single bedroom with sticky floors on the freeway side of the hotel. Holiday Inn told me Hotwire only books single bedrooms for their customers. I was furious with their answer about Hotwire. I WILL NOT BOOK ANY ROOMS ON HOTWIRE AGAIN! To make matters worse the hotel is under heavy construction and were painting the outside of the hotel with a spray gun and their paint floated down on my car in the parking lot. NEVER, NEVER USE HOTWIRE, AND AVOID THE LA MIRADA HOLIDAY INN LIKE PLAGUE.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I am a platinum elite member of the IHG Rewards Club (Crowne Plaza Hotels, etc.). Following a call to discuss booking my next stay at the Crowne Plaza I was transferred to a sales person regarding a "special offer for Platinum Elite Club Members." Turns out this was an offer to stay at one of the Holiday Inn Vacation properties for 3 nights and to hear a sales pitch on a timeshare. We were Charged $249 up front and when we arrived at the property and listened to a sales pitch for 2 hours we would be refunded the $249 plus given $100. As we had planned a trip to one of the locations anyway, we decided to take them up on this offer.

Once this trip and stay was booked months in advance, we received an invitation to a relative's wedding, so we were only going to be able to stay two nights instead of three. This was fine with us. However, the Vacation Club notified us less than two weeks before our trip that they had booked our "tour and presentation" on the day we were to leave and our flight schedules could not be changed. We were told that there was nothing that they could do, we offered to make ourselves available for the two preceding days. We were told that we would be charged "retail rates" if we stayed at their off-property hotel but didn't listen to the presentation.

Likewise, they offered to charge us an additional $59 to extend this "special offer a/k/a sales presentation" for six months. They offered no accommodation EXCEPT to not charge us a cancellation fee. Wow!! This is not a way to lure potential customers/owners to purchase a timeshare. I am only glad I found out now before I made more than a $250 investment. We canceled the trip. They may have gotten my $250, but they have forever lost my business as a frequent guest at any of the properties owned by IHG. No way to treat your best customers.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We had a lot of points. When we went to use them it said 0. Holiday Inn says they expired because of inactivity. However my husband booked a day room and paid full price during the period of time they say there is inactivity. He has the receipt. Holiday Inn says we cancelled that stay. Totally not true. We won’t stay there again.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Watch out for Holiday Inn Rochester. This hotel’s staff are irresponsible and rude behaviour of their staff. I check into this hotel 15/11/2017 at about 9.30 pm. Paid £10.00 for breakfast. The next day I became unwell. I asked if breakfast they could bring breakfast to my room. The breakfast was delivered with extra charges that was never mention, the staff was very rude telling me I should know better and shouting at me that they could not find anywhere on their books that I paid for breakfast. I was made to feel I was having breakfast that I did not pay for, the hostility and rude behaviour was unbelievable. I was treated like a criminal even after paying the extra charges.

I could not eat the breakfast at this stage. My pain became worst. I had to leave the hotel to the nearness supermarket which was ASDA to buy pain killer, before leaving the hotel I complain to the Duty Manager who told me it’s their policy not to give refund for breakfast and not their responsibility I failed to eat the breakfast. As for their staff they did not see what the staff did wrong. I stay in this hotel for 4 nights. It was given to me as a gift. I was not interested in points because I will never use them, Holiday Inn hotel not only have rude staff. They did not clean the room for four nights. I wanted the general manager Rochester to sort this problem out because of his behaviour when I complaint.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have been a member of the IHG Rewards Club for a fairly long time and most of my experiences with Holiday Inn have been good. Until this one. I'll make this short: I booked a room for one night at the Holiday Inn 300 Plaza Drive Secaucus, NJ 07094. Checked in at the counter and when I asked where to park they told me it's $20.00 to park at the Holiday Inn or I could park for free if I drove to the other side of the nearby Sheraton hotel. Nowhere does it mention you will be charged for parking in their facilities. The next time I'll just stay at the Sheraton hotel, at least they have parking. Also Holiday Inn sent me a follow up in the mail telling me that if I enjoyed my stay to please fill out one of these site reviews: www.tripadvisor.com/review (I don't want to join and they won't let you say anything unless you do) or www.ihg.com/reviews. Guess what? That site doesn't even work. All you will get is 404 NOT FOUND. So travelers beware.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Consumer beware! I was forced to make a reservation through a third party Site Search LLC. The fine print stated a 2 week notice of cancellation. I cancelled 4 days prior to my stay due to emergency as Holiday Inn has a 24 hour notice policy. I was in fact charged $148 by Holiday Inn. When I contacted the hotel directly, the they would not issue a refund and I was out the money. Lesson learned. Never do business with Site Search or IHG hotels. Hopefully IHG will review this terrible hotel reservation policy and be sensitive to urgent circumstances. NEVER STAY AT A HOLIDAY INN!

Original review: April 16, 2018

This review is for the Holiday Inn Timeshare promotion to stay 3 nights for $245 and receive it back once you finish watching the presentation. We feel like we were totally mislead with their unethical marketing strategies. We were told initially that we would stay at the Holiday Inn Vacations Resort and chose the Scottsdale location and got on a plane all the way from the East Coast thinking we would enjoy and stay in this beautiful resort that we read about and saw photos online. Once we arrive in Scottsdale we find out that we are not staying at the Resort but at a cheap Holiday Inn Express with a falling apart mattress and paper walls that prevent us from relaxing and sleeping at night.

To top that the Resort where we had to go to watch the presentation the following day was about 20 miles from the hotel they put us in and they didn’t offer any type of transportation to the Resort and they won’t give your $245 back unless you watch their presentation. We were obligated to take a cab to the Resort and ended up spending a extra $80 for transportation to the Resort. The presentation itself was nice and Ricky was extremely nice and not pushy so we had not problem with the presentation itself and the Resort seemed nice but how can you get excited about purchasing from a company that misled you horribly like that???

We went to a prior Timeshare presentation which we actually purchased the Timeshare and the reason we purchased is because they put us in their Resort and we really could enjoy their amenities and experience a little bit of what would be owning a piece of their property and didn’t feel mislead by the brand in any way. Not the case with Holiday Inn Vacations! And for us unfortunately what we thought would be this great relaxing time at their Resort was this a sleepless night and a waste of our time and money. Because we of course couldn’t stay in that cheap hotel they put us in for more than one night we had to book another hotel for the two remaining nights we were scheduled to stay in Scottsdale and we ended finding out that the Resort across the street from the Holiday Inn Resort called Fairmont is way superior and so much nicer than the Holiday Inn! They even have a beautiful golf course, there is no comparison!

I am glad we could find available accommodations but the trip ended up being way more expensive and stressful than what we thought because of Holiday Inn unethical marketing strategies and the way they mislead us. They also give you a voucher for $100 to stay in one of their hotels but of course after what they put us through we don’t want to ever stay in any of their properties ever again!!!

Original review: March 29, 2018

We reserved the room at Holiday Inn at Norwich, CT on March 24 to get the sleep we needed after a concert at Foxwoods because we live 2.5 hours away from Norwich. However, the hotel did not provide the services we paid for, which was a room we can sleep in overnight! Our intended stay did not go well even from the start. We arrived around 4:30 p.m., and the room was not ready, even though check-in is at 3 p.m. But it was when we got our room and tried to rest a little before the concert we realized that it was impossible to sleep in this room. There was an elevator near our room, making a very loud noise, almost like a plane landing every 15 to 30 seconds as the elevator went up and down. Once we realized this, we called the front desk and asked for another room. We were told there are no other rooms available.

As a result, we told the front desk we can’t stay in this room and asked for a refund. However, we were told that the hotel can’t provide a refund unless Expedia approved. When we called Expedia, they told us the hotel would have to approve. In the meantime, both Expedia and ourselves asked for the hotel Manager to talk about this issue, but told the manager was not available. Finally, we called Expedia again to cancel our reservation and that we are checking out because it is impossible to sleep in that room. We checked out and returned the keys sometime around 6 pm. Customer Service at Expedia assigned a case for our complaint but then we received an email from Expedia saying that our request for a refund was rejected by the Hotel.

We have stayed at Holiday Inn hotels in several cities many times in the past and have never had this problem before. This incidence showed us that we can never rely on the services of Holiday Inn again. It is just not an ethical business practice to charge a customer but then put them in a room which is impossible to sleep. We are both senior citizens, and this forced us to drive back home for 2.5 hours at nighttime. We believe this could be even considered a fraudulent action on the part of the Holiday Inn at Norwich. I don't think we will do business with the Expedia again either. We suspect that the Hotel is reserving the worst rooms to Expedia customers and Expedia is failing to protect the rights of their customers. It's better to pay $10-$20 more and make a reservation directly with a reliable hotel.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The staff at Mackinaw City, MI were wonderful and very helpful with any questions that I had. The room was nice and tidy. They had a nice gym room, pool and different amenities. Very nice breakfast spread with cereals and other food.

Original review: March 26, 2018

My experience with Holiday Inn Washington was excellent. The room was perfect. It was just the way I would picture it. Staff was wonderful and the food was great The place was clean and comfortable. I would stay again.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I paid premium price at the Holiday Inn Philadelphia only to go to room to learn of mildew smell. I returned service desk and could not get a refund. I fought 30 days to get my refund back.

Original review: March 23, 2018

They are always super accommodating at Holiday Inn Corona. The staff is warm and welcoming. The breakfast is excellent and free. The rooms are always clean and the pool and the spa have working handicap chairs. They're also always nice about check out.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My vacation was great. Never had a problem at the hotel. Everyone at Holiday Inn Orlando was great. It was very pleasant and will go back soon.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have been staying at Holiday Inns for 30+ years and my points were just cancelled without any notice. As of 06/25/09 Points Balance: 385379. Status: GOLD. Membership #: **. My last stay at a IHG affiliate was 2016.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I got to my room at Holiday Inn Dallas, TX quick after check-in. Bellmen brought my bags up placed them in the room. Room had a nice view and it was very clean. The hotel bar was amazing, well stocked and the food was delicious. The location was near shopping. My experience overall was great.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Holiday Inn Minneapolis' location and convenience were very good. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants and others. Parking was a good value as well. Easy access to public transportation. They have reasonable rates, comfortable clean rooms and good breakfast.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I enjoyed my stay at Holiday Inn Houston Texas USA. One room for four people but it worked plenty of space for us. The room was quiet, clean and had everything we needed. The free breakfast was ok and staff was nice all around. Good stay.

Original review: March 13, 2018

The hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. It was also friendly and safe. They have a decent breakfast. Good quality for the price. It was a Holiday Inn Express in the Ashley part of Charleston - you know what you are getting but this hotel was a little better than normal, convenient and not in the busy, tourist part of town. Well located near restaurants and the Interstate.

Original review: March 12, 2018

At any of the Holiday Inn Expresses we always experience clean comfortable rooms and good breakfast. On some occasion reception desk persons don't seem real enthused about your visit.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I have been a member of the Holiday Inn Priority Club/IHG Rewards Club for nearly 30 years and a loyal customer. I have stayed at their properties for business and on family vacations but have never had to invoke my benefit of the 72 hour room guarantee. I called the Rewards hotline more than a week ahead of time trying to make a reservation for a weekend in Ocean City, MD in late February. After having been disconnected by the first agent and having to call back and go through the entire explanation a second time with people who clearly speak English as a second language, my frustration was growing.

Additionally, why do they ask us to enter our account information and the city and property we wish to visit if they aren’t going to pass that information on to subsequent agents? I found myself having to explain everything multiple times during the same call, including my account number, personal information, travel plans etc. That brings us to the reservation. Both calls resulted in the agent informing me that the hotel I was looking to visit was sold out for the weekend in question. I explained that I am a Platinum Elite member and would like to invoke my 72 hour room guarantee benefit. They both said they would need to call the hotel to make the arrangements.

My first call ended up in my being disconnected but my second call resulted in the agent returning and informing me that the hotel in question is sold out and there is nothing they can do. She continued by saying she could try to get me into the Holiday Inn Express at the south end of Ocean City on bayside but I explained that hotel is not Oceanfront and it is too far from the convention center where my daughter’s activities were taking place. I added that the benefit is called “72 hr Room GUARANTEE” not “72 hr, we’ll see what we can do for ya and do the best we can” benefit. There are plenty of hotel chains out there that are much nicer than the IHG chain. I’m sure HILTON and Marriott would be happy to get my business and personal travel because Holiday Inn has lost a customer.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018 Do not, under any circumstance, purchase this offer. I was contacted as a Holiday Inn member and offered a $199 deal for 3 nights stay. I had to attend a 2 hour time-share presentation, and would receive $100 cash back after the presentation. I purchased the offer. This is an unethical and highly misleading sales call:

I was misled to believe that the stay was at the resort. It's not, it is at a nearby Holiday Inn unless they have a resort room available. I was misled to believe there were no blackout days. There are no blackout days, but they do restrict the number of resort rooms they make available. So, there of course is no resort rooms available on the days I want to visit.

I asked for the details of the offer, more than once. The salesperson deftly redirected me to other discussions and did not provide the details until AFTER I purchased. When I called to make my reservation, then I was told that the stay is NOT in the resort, and IS restricted by availability. I completely, totally, fully recommend that you boycott Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Vacations. Perhaps then they will respect their customers.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I was setting up a stay in Woodbury, MN, at a Holiday Inn Express for the night of 1/31/18. After booking my stay I was asked if I would be interested in a 4 Day & 3 Night stay at another Hoilday Inn for $199.00. I listened to the agent talk and I was open to trying another Holiday Inn. I was told it would cost $199.00, but would be refunded at the time of the stay. I would have to listen to a two hour timeshare presentation. At no time did the agent say the $199.00 was non-refundable.

I tentatively looked at the fall of 2018 with a stay in Williamsburg, VA. This was tentative. There were no dates picked, this was just the time of year I was looking at. Basically, I am being charged for something that is not booked or confirmed. And I get to put it on my account 10 months before I may or may not use it. There is something wrong with paying for something you did not get. I received my credit card statement and the $199.00 charge was on my card.

I called Holiday Inn Club Vacations and was told they could not refund the money. I asked to speak to a manager and was told it could not be handled at their end. But, the agent provided me with an email: customerservice@holidayinnclub.com. I went online and it took me to a site which asked questions about my Williamsburg, VA stay, which has not happened. To get in the system I put in the Woodbury info. The customer service site was not what I was told it would be, or offer a place to work on resolution.

For anyone else out there, a warning. Make your reservation for the Holiday Inn Express, but do not move forward with the Holiday Inn Club talk. I am pretty astute, but this one slipped by me. I will now have to dispute the payment with my credit card company and I plan to file a complaint with the Minnesota Attorney General's office, so no one else is pulled into this type of timeshare tactics.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Orange Lake Resort, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, 17001 Front Beach FL, 32413. Recently my family and I stayed at Orange Lake Resort (December 31, 2017 – January 5, 2018), my parents had given us the stay as a Christmas present as they have been IHG owners since 2004 (Originally South Beach Vacation Club). We had stayed at Orange Lake in the past and loved it so we requested to stay again. We arrived very late on the 31st as we were at Disney for the New Year’s Eve celebration.

When we arrived in our room, we were extremely disappointed with the condition of the building and room. I will gladly supply photos of the following: The elevator is old and rickety, the exterior is not well kept, there were holes in our wall, our bedsheets had 2 holes and what appears to be blood stains, the air filter had mounds of dust (it looks as if it has not been changed in years), the toilet did not flush properly, the light fixtures had dead bugs in them, the cabinet doors did not open properly - one drawer did not open at all, and the appliances were old, dented, and worn out (in other words, everything was disgusting). The refrigerator actually froze anything that was placed in it. Nothing in this establishment was maintained.

The next day, my husband went to the front desk to voice his concerns. At this point we had also asked about the security measure taken as there is not a card required for entry into the rooms from the exterior. There had been people up and down the hall all night. Kids were screaming and running around the next morning as well. Our issues were dismissed and he was told that we had been placed in this section due to the points used and that security was not an issue. If we noticed anything – we should just make them aware. In retrospect, I wish we had pushed the security issue.

As Orlando was extremely busy and we had no other options for accommodations, we stayed versus cancelling our reservations and going elsewhere. Tuesday night, we had requested more towels. We were told there was an $8.00 fee per set. We said never mind. I understand that this is policy but when maintenance fees are paid each year, the conditions of the hotel should be kept up and there should be no charge for exchanging towels.

On Wednesday morning, VIP services had called, when my husband had told them what was going on, they told him that we were due for an upgrade because of the owner’s status and we should not have been placed in the clubhouse area in the first place and that we were entitled to the upgrade at check-in. We did not press the issue or asked to be moved as it was already Wednesday and there was no point in moving at that point. We had already voiced our concerns and it did not seem to matter to the staff or management.

Thursday night, we returned late from the park. It looked as if our luggage had been rifled through and our clothes were piled up and messy. We repacked everything and decided that we would look through everything Friday morning prior to check–out as it was late and we were exhausted after the long day. While we were packing up on Friday morning, we noticed that our children’s tablets were missing (value of apx. $500). They had been placed in my husband’s backpack the night of the 31st when we arrived and we had left them in the bag the entire week. I would also like to mention that we had left the “do not disturb” sign up the duration of our stay so that no one would enter with our belongings in the room, as the tablets would not fit securely in the safe.

Friday morning, my husband went to the front desk to report what had happened, the manager on duty **, would not come out of his office to handle the issue. Finally, after my husband repeatedly insisted, he came out to speak with him. ** attitude was basically “too bad”. He had no concern about the fact that there had been an apparent theft. He stated that he would have security call us. They never did call.

Later that day, my husband spoke with another manager, **, who stated he would follow up with security. Again, Security never called as promised. In the meantime, my mother was dealing with ** (Operations). My mother was complaining about the room conditions and the security factor along with the theft. The issue was escalated to ** (Head of Operations) who told my mother that she had spoken with me (that never happened and that ** stated we said the tablets could have been left at the park – also, never happened). My husband had explained to ** that he had left them in his backpack in the room during our stay. This was twisted several times. It seems that everyone is trying to cover themselves and it is concerning to me that the staff is so casual and dishonest about the complaints. The entire situation has been handled in a severely unprofessional manner.

We were told that the time logs only show us entering and leaving the room so nothing will be done. We were also emailed a table of the log times/dates. I find this completely unacceptable and disappointing. We know that someone was in our room despite what the logs state. We also noticed a random log stating that the room was entered during a time when we were at Disney, this has yet to be addressed. The cameras should show an entry to our room by someone other than us.

Another area of security concern is that most chains will enter the room after 2 days of a displayed “do not disturb” sign as a security measure. The staff insists no one entered the room. After doing research, I learned that this is also a security issue that should be addressed, as most chains have this policy in effect to protect their guests. The lack of policy on this issue shows that Orange Lake has no concern for the security of its guests. There are a number of issues ranging from cleanliness/maintenance, staff incompetence/professionalism/customer service, security, etc... These are major issues that need to be handled appropriately. The staff seems to need training on customer concerns, security, and safety. Browsing through past reviews, this is extremely evident that I am not the only patron who shares in these concerns. I have never dealt with such poor customer service.

The fact that the BBB complaint percentage is at 80% negative is alarming in itself. This is not what I have come to expect from anything attached to the Holiday Inn brand. While I understand that this is an IHG partnership and not an ownership, I would hope that the IHG Corporation would be proactive with these concerns. My expectation is that the tablets are replaced and my parents get some, if not all, of their points returned. I would also like reassurance that the staff has been dealt with and trained. Professionalism is key.

I reached out to Holiday Inn Corporate on 1.7.18. I asked that the correspondence be forwarded to the manager and general manager. I made them aware of the steps of actions that I would be taking should this issue not be resolved. No one has returned any form of correspondence. ** had promised that she would be in contact on 1.8.18 and never returned the call. I do not feel that Orange Lake is meeting a consumer obligation of safety, customer service, or maintenance (since maintenance fees are applied annually). Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have. I would also like the opportunity to share with you the photographs showing the mentioned maintenance issues as Orange Lake Resorts did not seem to be bothered by the conditions.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Hotel in Sorrento Mesa, San Diego, CA is comfortable and welcoming to travelers. It's geared more to business than the tourist trade. Staff is personable and welcoming. Would certainly stay there again if given the opportunity.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Holiday Inn Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. I had a fantastic stay. I was there alone for medical care - suffice it to say, I was there longer than the norm. I felt free to come & go safely both before & after surgery. Always felt welcome. Front desk was the best!

Holiday Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Holiday Inn was founded in 1952 and is now an InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) brand. There are more than 1,200 Holiday Inn hotels with 228,100 rooms worldwide, making it one of the world’s largest hotel chains.

• Kids stay free: At Holiday Inns there is no charge for children under age 19 when they stay in the same room as their parents. Kids under 12 can order off the children’s menu for free at all onsite restaurants. Guests can visit the Holiday Inn website for more information.

• Pools and fitness centers: Most hotels in this chain have indoor and/or outdoor pools available for recreational or fitness activities. Guests will also likely have access to a fitness center when staying at a Holiday Inn.

• Supports small business: Holiday Inn is currently involved in IHG’s Journey to Extraordinary campaign. This year, the brand is exploring ways to help small businesses owners and entrepreneurs with business travel. They have partnered with two small businesses, Sword & Plough and Perfect 10, to learn about the small business traveler and find ways to make travel easier for that group.

• Rewards credit card: With IHG’s Rewards Club Select Credit Card cardholders earn points for every purchase they make, which can then be used for free hotel stays at any IHG hotel, including Holiday Inns. New customers can receive 70,000 bonus points when they spend at least $2,000 during the first three months they have the IHG Credit Card, which can give them as many as 14 free nights. See IHG’s website to apply.

• Smartphone app: IHG’s app makes it easy for travelers to quickly book a room at any of their brands, including Holiday Inn. The Flyertea Travel Awards named the app the Best Travel Mobile App in 2015. It is available for both Apple and Android platforms.

• Best for: Holiday Inn caters to families, business travelers and budget conscious travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Holiday Inn Company Information

www.holidayinn.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business