1.52/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

284 Holiday Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 23, 2019

Checking out at Vero Beach Holiday Inn Express 9400 19th Lane was like arguing with a juvenile. My business card is tax exempt and upon check in I was told all that is taken care of at checkout. No need to tell me. When checking out the juvenile front desk manager argued with me about not telling the supposedly trained check in clerk about my tax exempt status. Will never step foot in this Holiday Inn again and will change hotel chains for future travel with one more encounter with an untrained child behind the checkout desk.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I want to know why you cannot find this information anywhere. I would like to know the regional manager or owner of the Holiday Inn Silver Springs Washington. And I can't not ask the management here. They are the problem. THE WORST.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Sales staff and the Quality Assurance Office lead us to believe that we were to keep our bonus time option just as it was. On June 16th, 2018, we went to the Hill Country resort at Canyon Lake, TX. We went to an information meeting about the transition from Silverleaf resorts to Holiday Inn Club. That Information meeting turned into a sales meeting that lasted over five hours mainly because we have a free bonus time clause in our contract with Silverleaf that we did not wanted to lose. The two sales representatives and their supervisor assure us that the free bonus time was to be carry over and how their system was better because instead of having a fourteen-days window to make reservation we would have a 30 days window to make reservations.

At no time during the sales conversation and our repeated concerns and questions about the free bonus time where we told that IHG have the right to change or cancel the program. After six hours of sales pitches, credit checks and income verifications, hungry, with our two grandkids (one of them autistic) we sat down with Mr. Lee ** from the quality assurance office. Mr. ** explained that his job was to MAKE SURE that what we were told and what was on the contract was correct and he stated, "I will get you out of here very fast". Mr. ** was very meticulous verifying that we understood our payment responsibilities, payment amounts, days and everything else.

But, as we were flying thru documents trusting his expertise, goodwill and honesty when it came time to go over the bonus time part of the contract Mr. ** proceeded to congratulate us on keeping the free bonus time and made no effort to explain the very important difference between the two contracts. All Mr. ** and the sales supervisor had to do was to state that the free bonus time perpetuity was not guaranteed by IHG as it was with Silverleaf resorts. All the comments and compliments about the free bonus time were a distraction! As a disabled combat veteran with mental health issues, I will inform you that this PREMEDITATED DECEPTION is affecting my health and my family's health.

Original review: March 3, 2019

As many others have stated the Holiday Inn Resort in Kissimmee is beautiful. I am a IHG silver member and was asked to buy 4 day/3 night package for 199$ with 2 hour tour of facilities. I was going to Orlando anyway so it worked out great...or so I thought. The first day my husband & I were put through the most high pressured exhausting sales pitch I’ve ever experienced in my life. At the end, I begged and was on the point of tears to be taken back to our car. It was the most insulting, verbally abusive, harassment I’ve gone through since my first husband! I divorced him but these people I could not get free of! It ruined our vacation, I was so exhausted that day I could only go to bed. The building stunk like fish. I liked Holiday Inn before but may never stay there again. Please people do not accept their offer regardless how nice it sounds!!! I wish I could give -10!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My husband and I booked a room online at the Holiday Inn Ocala Conference Center. We reserved a King suite that showed a jetted tub and offered a hot tub by the pool. When we finally got to our room there was no jetted tub nor a regular bathtub just a shower. We figured ok well maybe we did something in the reservations and went to look for the hot tub, the website stated that there was one. Nope they claimed to have closed the hot tub a few years back and never removed it from the website.

That was not the only thing wrong. Our coffee pot in the room did not work and were promised that someone would take care of it. When we left it still was not fixed. Only one of our keys worked so if we were not together we would have to wait for someone to let us in. This made our trip extremely frustrating as I was in town to visit my dying father. From now on I will never use Holiday Inn for anything. For the money I paid I was expecting for someone to care about my experience, boy was I wrong.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Received the call/offer for 4 days 3 nights at a Holiday Inn Club Vacation for 250$ (refundable in exchange for timeshare tour). Specifically asked (because I suspected shady behavior) for the list of places we could stay... "Any of the Holiday Inn Club Vacations" was the response. So I specifically asked if the resort in Gatlinburg was an option for the 3 nights and yes was the response. Now a year later when we try to use it, we are told only 3 poorly reviewed HOTELS in the area are valid options... That is fraudulent/dishonest business. I'll never consider a Holiday Inn Timeshare at this point. This seems like a case study for business schools in how NOT to handle customer service. If you get the call... just hang up.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I am a member of the IHG Priority Club. Contacted about a vacation promotion ( 4 night/5 days) to visit 1 of 10 Holiday Inn Vacation Resorts for $279.00 which would be refunded after we took a 2 hour "tour". I eventually booked at the Cape Canaveral Resort. Turned out the stay was not at the resort but at a local hotel in Cocoa Beach which we were told after we set up the vacation. They mentioned during this call the "tour" was actually a timeshare presentation. While I felt like I had been deceived, I did not ask the right questions initially. Who would have guessed Holiday Inn had timeshares?? But I thought we could handle a 2 hour presentation for a free stay in Florida. We knew at this time in our lives could not afford a timeshare, but we may be in a position to do so in a few years.

After all our friends told us their timeshare presentations stories we were a little nervous!! Told to expect longer than 2 hours. Happy to say only 2 hours and 15 minutes! Our initial salesman pleasant. Our tour consisted on seeing 2 of the available room types (2 bedroom and 4 bedroom) and looking at the pools from a balcony (20 minutes of actual touring). Facility was beautiful. Towards end we told salesman we would not be interested in purchasing. He actually asked us why we signed up!! Really?? Because some nice person on the phone arranged this vacation!! Did not tell us about the timeshare presentation or I could have told them no right then and there.

So the last 15 minutes a little rough with the "manager". Very rude, condescending, and angry with us. Did try to give us the least expensive deal for 45,000 points and did some fast talking. Trying to confuse us that we would be qualifying for 5-6 night vacations yearly. But I asked him how many nights 45,000 points would get us at this resort. It was 1 night! Please!! But we were pretty persistent ourselves and done with him in 15 minutes.

On way out was offered a 7 night stay at the resort for $1500 to use in next 2 years. Thought this was interesting because we asked initially why we did not stay at resort and they told us they do not let "guests" stay, only members! So, we got our $279.00 back on our way out. Lost 2 and 1/2 hours of ours lives. But now know how timeshares work and know it is not for us. Beware of all additional costs after paying for your points- annual membership, annual maintenance fees, fees if we book with different timeshares in group. We stayed at the Best Western at Cocoa Beach for free which was just fine for us-walk to beach, 2 pools, free breakfast, close to restaurants, clean rooms, friendly staff. Loved Cocoa Beach and if go back would just stay at Best Western!

So yes, it is too good to be true!! Feel foolish I fell for this timeshare scam but was not expecting this treatment from IHG. But we went in knowing we could not buy and did not let them intimidate us- so only 15 minutes of high pressure sales. If you did get roped into this scam stay strong!! While they are aggressive in end, we would not tolerate it and they finished with us in 15 minutes.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

They promised me my 45000 points per year would be enough for 9 days in a low season at the Orange Lake Resort with a reservation last minute and now I can't even buy a Monday for 30000 points. They mention I could transfer my points, because expired after 2 years and you mentioned it would be a conversion from 45000 points to 36000 point IHG but you said it would be converted back to the 45000 point in case I want it to use it at the Orange Lake Resort Orlando... not true.

They said I could combine getaway promotion with points, again not true. I specifically ask if there was a written policy for all this and you told me there was not but I had to trust the manager otherwise the IHG hotel group wouldn't be so famous and it would fail, so I trusted you. They promise me a book every year with the list of hotels where I could go but we are in February and I still never received it. They led you to believe every hotel in the world is equal to the one in the Orange Lake Resort Orlando but it is not true, the other one are just regular hotels without kitchen. They tell you, you don't buy a timeshare but points to use around the world but when you sell it, it can be done only as timeshare and you get stuck with it... Don't buy it. I did my part and I paid $10,000.00 plus closing cost entirely and you never did yours. THIS IS A SCAM.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Fair warning: Do not purchase a time share from this company. They are a joke. When you go to book trips they never have anything available. They charge you to actually book on top of using your points. It takes forever to make a reservation for some reason. They keep you on multiple holds for a long period of time. There are to many catches to using it. It is not worth the hassle! You really don't save any money. We have poured more money into it than we have used it. You do not get what you are promised at those paid two hour sale pitch get-a-ways.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have been a Silver Leaf owner with Silver Leaf resorts since 1992 as a "Endless Escape" member. Silver Leaf/Holiday Inn has taken away nearly all benefits of the program, was able to take pets to resort, then a refundable pet deposit, then a $100 non refundable pet deposit, now no pets allowed; The Villages on Lake Palestine owned & operated a Marina with boat stalls for guests to use at no charge, somehow it became private and now costs to park and even launch a boat; Then in Dec. 2018 I receive a letter that we will have to pay a $49/night charge on weeknights & a $75/night charge on weekend nights to use "Bonus time" which was free under the original Endless Escape program that I have been grandfathered in by contract when Holiday Inn took over.

These are only a small portion of complaints I have against them. I use to be happy with Silver Leaf but DO NOT GET SCAMMED WITH THEIR HIGH PRESSURE SALES PITCH. I hope we can get enough people together to file a lawsuit against their actions. Please contact me by my e-mail to build a list of unhappy owners.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

They told me this was a 200 dollar 3 night, 4 day marketing attempt to get people to see Holiday Inn as a resort rather than just a hotel. They said I could use it anytime at certain locations in the country within a year and I would get my money back after a one hour tour. Then I get emails saying that this is really an attempt to sell a timeshare! They said if I stay at their resort and dont qualify, not only do I not get my 200 bucks back, but I have to pay for those 3 nights in full myself. So now I choose not to go at all and just be out 200 dollars. I am disputing the charge to my bank.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I booked a night at Holiday INN 777 N Pinal Ave, Casa Grande Az. I was attending a wedding in Casa Grande. Unfortunately the morning of the wedding...there was a horrible flood (in the month of October) - a really bad and dangerous flood. I could not drive through the flood to get to Casa Grande for the wedding. I called the Holiday INN and told them my situation, the manager at Holiday INN 777 N Pinal informed me that because I purchased my stay with a third party vendor they could NOT refund me my money...

She also informed me that she had dealt with this third party vendor numerous times and was unable to refund anyone their money. She told me that this third party vendor would tell me it was the motel's fault but that it really was not the motel's fault, she stated she had no choice in the matter. I cancelled my reservation. Long story short...the Holiday INN 777 N Pinal Ave in Casa Grande Arizona literally LIED to me! I would suggest you make darn sure that nothing and I mean nothing will force you to have to cancel with the Holiday INN because guess what? THEY WILL NOT REFUND your money. Good luck.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

In short this Holiday Inn Vacations Club and timeshare offer is a scam run by bunch of rude people. If someone wants to file a class action lawsuit against them I completely support it. They should be taken out of business. I was called from these people with an offer to reserve a vacation package. They said they would give me $200 and an additional $100 if I would participle in their presentation. The purpose of the presentation was to show introduce the Holiday Inn Club in different locations. We went to one of these so called Holiday Inn Clubs in Las Vegas but they told us our reservation was in a different hotel! We went to the other hotel.

The front desk said we had to pay extra $40 a day for Vallet parking and internet. I said I did not need anything extra. They said I had to pay otherwise they would not give me the keys to the room. I did not want to ruin our vacation so I paid extra $40 a day for 3 days. The next morning we went back to the Holiday Inn Club for the presentation. The Holiday Inn Shuttle took us to a different building. It was a completely different atmosphere. The person was there to check us for the presentation started asking bunch of personal questions. I told her I was there for a Holiday Inn Club presentation. Why she was asking these questions. With a very rude tone she said I had to answer the questions. I asked her what does these personal questions had anything to do with Holiday Inn Club.

Anyways, I answered the questions. Then she said I was disqualified. They were begging me to go there now that I was there they said I was disqualified! What a waste of time and money on these crooks. I asked other people who came out of the presentation what was going on. They said this was all about selling timeshare. Apparently those people inside were even more rude than those at the front desk. I support anyone who wants to file a class action lawsuit against the Holiday Inn.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The door in the hallway did not let out to a safe drive to park and unload luggage. The room thermostat did nothing. The water came out brown when we turned on the tub faucet. Also, out of 5 wall plugs, only 3 worked.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Good transport to & from airport. Ample parking. Staff was good. Clean. Rooms adequate. Bar by dining room. They had good food, breakfast and dinner. Live band. Close to attractions and local restaurants.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Checked in and read, never told there were four different buildings, just given a room number I of 4369. Took two elevators and still nothing on fourth floor close to that number. It took 59 min to find room.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I don't know how these people are allowed to stay in business. I guess it's because they are making money off consumers. I was offered a getaway package for $199, which I accepted. I was told during the phone call that it was not transferable. I was not told that it was nonrefundable. Called back less than 24 hours later to cancel due to a family crisis and was told that I agreed to their offer as being nonrefundable. I explained my situation and was told that I had to put my cancellation request in writing. I went home the same day and email the company. I waited more than 5 days and received an email that said I was told that the money was nonrefundable and that they wouldn't refund me. On the phone I told them that I wanted to hear the call where I was told that it was not refundable. It never happened.

One of their qualifications was that my husband and I had to have an annual income of $50,000 or more. My husband lost his job. Now we don't have that kind of income and can't afford the money at this time. If you are told that you can't transfer an offer and you can't get your money back, then what do you do if you suffer a family crisis. This company only cares about getting your money at any cost. Once you're locked in, they treat you with disrespect. This is how they make their money. The Better Business Bureau needs to look into this how this company does business. Be warned: Don't do business with this company no matter how good it sounds. You'll be tricked in the end.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Won’t let you exchange with any Holiday Inn vacation resorts unless you pay to change to points and then you lose everything. Go to meetings. They're rude. Obnoxious. Get mad when you say no. They should be sued!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Clean in entrance. Told us about breakfast and the times. Upstairs to second floor. Down a long hall. To get door open is a new way. If my daughter not with me I could not get in. Would have to get assistance. Just tap card to handle. Only bottle of lotion and one bar soap. Rest in jars up in tub area. Room clean. Only stayed one night. I liked the pillows as I have to sit 1/2 way up at night. They did not crush down like other motels.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Charleston WV for years. My World renowned company whom I work for book this hotel often. I have two things to say. Janitor, John, is a very impressive, dedicated employee. He is friendly and is always working hard day or night, always with a smile and a warm greeting! The night 'manager' 'Tom', who was not wearing a name tag as all other staff were, whom was very uncomfortably unapproachable, was and always has been very rude and not the epitome of concierge. Or even just a nice person to deal with when one is staying at your wonderful establishment.

When asked for a card, which he wouldn't give... or his name, 'Tom', replied that "he does not do last names, as he had been working there 30 years and did not need to". This rude, non-welcoming man most definitely needs a refresher course in customer service! Other regular patrons confirmed that he is always like this. I have experienced it multiple times myself. This man does not need to be behind the front desk of such a wonderful establishment. Keep him on if you like, but keep him and his smug, unwelcoming face, away from your patrons! I will be reporting this time and time again behavior from "Tom" to my superiors at Loreal Professional and SalonCentric. And I, personally, who has stayed many times, will be booking at the Marriott until this horrible customer relations has been resolved. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We were originally with Silverleaf Resorts. They were a little pushy, however now that it is Holiday Inn Resorts we are very frustrated. We were threatened in Branson, Mo that if we didn’t buy into a Trust with them our Maintenance would go up. It has gone up $372.00 now, which during Christmas season is very upsetting! I am charged every time I go to the resorts, which never happened with Silverleaf, plus being charged to move around points. This is the worse experience for a retired couple in their supposedly golden years! I can’t say anything good about this company or our experience with them!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Owner at Orange Lake Resort, Holiday Inn Vacation Club. We bought the 191,000 per year plan a few years back and it was okay, but availability was an issue so we couldn't always use it when we wanted to. Every time we used it we were asked to attend owner updates which we refused to do for the last 5 years. Last time we went to Orange Lake, they again asked us to attend 1 hour owner update, bribed us with cash so we agreed. They specifically said one hour so we booked it for the day we were leaving. We show up to our appointment. There is an employee calling out that it was a 1 hour presentation. When we met with the guy, we told him he had exactly one hour. He got angry and said,"Come on, you know from past experience these things take a minimum of 3 hours". We told him we would not stay past 1 hour. He was mad. Then he tried to get us to upgrade to the VIP plan, which would be 300,000 points.

Price per point was 30 cents. Keep in mind, we already bought 191,000 points years earlier at about 10 or 12 cents a point. So they showed us their paperwork on what we would have to pay. The paperwork showed 300,000 points at 30 cents a point minus what we already paid for a total of about 60K owed. We pointed out that we already owned 191k points, so those points shouldn't even be in there. We only needed to buy 109,000 points for VIP. He said that wasn't how it worked. So I said we weren't interested in paying twice for the same points. We offered to buy the 109k points at 30 cents. He went and got his manager with a new paper with a "sale" price of 30k. Still higher than what we would have paid for just those 109k points so we said no.

Then the third manager came out, trying to get us to buy a cruise package for 1800. We said no, and that the only way we would upgrade is if we only purchased the extra points. They said it wasn't going to happen, that we would never get below 30 cents a point ever again since we were refusing to buy that day. We just laughed and told them to give us the cash they promised us.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center - My 6-year-old son was brutally assaulted at his school 24 hours before I was supposed to check in. I had to stay home to deal with police investigation, child protection services and importantly trauma to my son. I called the hotel, explained the reason and the manager promised to consider reimbursement. They still have not reimbursed me and took my money.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was told that I could pay $200. to sign up and go on a vacation of my choice area. I would get my money back after presentation - cash - and then I would get $50.00 cash, and another $100.00 for me and 3 others to visit. I chose Cocoa Beach. Yesterday Oct 16, 2018 I was told by a person named Bianca that my husband would have to attend the meeting. I was not told that in the first conversation. If I had I would not have signed on for this, as my husband does not travel because of his health. So she told me to contact and give a review to you. She said you would listen to the recorded call and get back with me. I would like to go on this trip but if I cannot I would like a complete refund.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Holiday Inn St Louis is a scam in short. I booked online costing me $131 for one night. On a Sunday Cardinals game night of course so I paid in advance to make sure I had a place to lay my head. I get there in time (check in is 4 pm for a strange reason). They charge $15 for parking - crazy because less than a parking lot away is parking all day for $6. Not only do they charge for the customers' parking but paying $130+ with a credit card but upon the reception at the counter they have the audacity to ask for another credit card (yes another) to charge $50 on hold for $2 as it shows on credit card balance then they give it back after check out if the room is not college drunk and disorderly children misusing or damaging the room etc.

Never again will I pay 130+ when I can go across the river to Collinsville (or anywhere outside rip-off St Louis) and $65 or less. Holiday Inn is definitely not worth the headache nor to be treated like we are all made of money. The carpet right inside the front door throughout the main floor is completely disgusting and dingy. For being a complete renovated Holiday Inn just recently it is seemingly run down. Where’s all this money going? Not for the underpaid employees but so used to screwing customers over that it’s typical charges they don’t question. Then they don’t refund money for not staying at all - due to the bank not paying an additional $50 for leaving our home state and my not canceling 24 hours in advance not knowing card wouldn’t work.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Recently made a reservation at a Holiday Inn hotel affiliate and was forwarded to another person without warning. Apparently I was one of the lucky few that would be offered to participate in their new and improved vacation program. I think I must have told the lady on the phone like 3 times I wasn't interested, when she persisted I said, "Can you just email me the offer? It's late and I have to get up early in the morning." Of course it was not an option, so eventually I caved and gave my credit card for a deposit for one of their properties. Next day, did a bit of research, viewed the properties online. Recent reviews of customers were horrible, and even the "model" photos of the properties were lackluster and outdated. This would never be something I would pay money, any amount to stay at.

So tried to email the confirmation that was sent, of course a non reply email. Then I called the number given to do the reservation. Lady on the phone initially nice until I said I did not want to proceed with participating due to the above mentioned reasons. She quickly became rude and reminded me that I was recorded and that there were no credits or refunds. I told her that was unfortunate as I would dispute my charges and make sure no one else got taken advantage of. She still was unwilling to do the right thing. So like they say, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I was made the offer about 6 years ago while booking a hotel for work. We went to Las Vegas. We knew there was a sales pitch to come. Against expectations we bought the smallest plan. We have upgraded 2 times. We enjoy this and have given trips to some of our friends. We have gone to Gatlinburg 2 times (going again in 2 months), Orlando 4 times and Williamsburg. We are going to Panama City for Thanksgiving to be with family. Traded point to stay in a hotel in NYC. My husband’s heath kept home last year. Missed a trip to Fox River and Orlando. We were starting to talk about buying a TINY condo in FL when this came up. Love the flexibility.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I read a lot of bad reviews about Holiday Inn vacation club and was scared to go!!! But we went anyway because we had paid a year ahead time... Glad we did. We took the timeshare tour. We were treated very respectively even though we declined to buy a timeshare. GREAT VACATION. WOULD DO IT AGAIN!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I was offered a 5-day 4-night stay for $279. After talking to the representative I agreed on Myrtle Beach with the promise of a beachfront hotel that could sleep 5 comfortably. I flew from California (paid myself) and when we checked into our hotel it was 4 miles from the beach, dirty and smells. I first tried calling customer service with IHG and got hung up on. I called back and was told to ask for a balcony room with an overview of the beach... When I explained the only thing I could see from my room was the highway they said there’s nothing they will do.

I asked the hotel to switch me from the room (2 full size beds) and they wouldn’t. The gym has one treadmill, one elliptical and one bike. The pool was closed when we went down to use that. Our vacation for our family is pretty much ruined. The tour looked nice and we expressed our concerns with them and was promised a callback. No call either. As much as Holiday Inn had been good in the past I don’t think I’ll ever stay again after this.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My daughter is a competitive swimmer and we travel a lot, earlier this year, I booked a reservation for Holiday Inn and was offered a vacation package to Orlando Florida which I purchased for $249.00. Last week, I called the reservation office to book a trip to Las Vegas since I have the option to change location, while making my reservation. I was asked by the reservation personnel if I am married and I said yes then she told me that I need to attend a 2 hour presentation with my husband, I explained to the reservation person that my husband is in the Philippines and has been there for more than 2 years and he has no plan of coming back to the US.

I was told by the reservation person that she cannot made the reservation for me due to the fact that I cannot bring my husband with me to the presentation, I asked for a refund but was told that the vacation packaged that I purchased for $249 is not refundable, I was told to email Holiday Inn Customer Review regarding my situation which I did but my email was returned. I also emailed one of Holiday Inn's representative but did not get any response. I do not understand why I cannot make a reservation for a vacation package that I purchased, Holiday Inn is not giving me a vacation package for free, this whole thing is a SCAM so beware, don't fall into their trap and become a victim like me, now I'm down $249 which I would have use somewhere else.

Holiday Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Holiday Inn was founded in 1952 and is now an InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) brand. There are more than 1,200 Holiday Inn hotels with 228,100 rooms worldwide, making it one of the world’s largest hotel chains.

• Kids stay free: At Holiday Inns there is no charge for children under age 19 when they stay in the same room as their parents. Kids under 12 can order off the children’s menu for free at all onsite restaurants. Guests can visit the Holiday Inn website for more information.

• Pools and fitness centers: Most hotels in this chain have indoor and/or outdoor pools available for recreational or fitness activities. Guests will also likely have access to a fitness center when staying at a Holiday Inn.

• Supports small business: Holiday Inn is currently involved in IHG’s Journey to Extraordinary campaign. This year, the brand is exploring ways to help small businesses owners and entrepreneurs with business travel. They have partnered with two small businesses, Sword & Plough and Perfect 10, to learn about the small business traveler and find ways to make travel easier for that group.

• Rewards credit card: With IHG’s Rewards Club Select Credit Card cardholders earn points for every purchase they make, which can then be used for free hotel stays at any IHG hotel, including Holiday Inns. New customers can receive 70,000 bonus points when they spend at least $2,000 during the first three months they have the IHG Credit Card, which can give them as many as 14 free nights. See IHG’s website to apply.

• Smartphone app: IHG’s app makes it easy for travelers to quickly book a room at any of their brands, including Holiday Inn. The Flyertea Travel Awards named the app the Best Travel Mobile App in 2015. It is available for both Apple and Android platforms.

• Best for: Holiday Inn caters to families, business travelers and budget conscious travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs