2.8/5 (264 ratings)

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn ?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Well they told me I could go anywhere at any time and save money which is not true. Well they told me I could go anywhere at any time and save money which is not true. My nieces and I were going to Memphis for our birthdays and we could not get a room. They said they were booked. Anyway I finally went on either Expedia or Travelocity and got 2 rooms 3 blocks from Beale Street and the hotel I tried to get thru them that was already booked up. And it was cheaper. I have been paying on this thing since June 2014. They take it straight out of my checking account every month. I have paid over $12000.00 already for a $8800.00 place they said. Plus the fees that go along with it. Membership club dues I just paid and the maintenance fees which go up every time. I am a single senior now and living on a very fixed income. Don't waste your time purchasing!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I stayed at Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain in Aug 2021. Priceline had booked 2 reservations which was immediately noticed by the GM Jerry **. He stated he would cancel the one erroneous reservation. On my way out I asked if he had processed the cancellation in which he confirmed that he had. Since my stay my credit card company has been disputing the second reservation which I was told by the front desk employee Tia that Jerry ** never canceled the 2nd reservation. In six months since my stay, Jerrry ** the General Manager who checked me in and out has not returned one phone call and sends me to voicemail. IHG guest relations wasted my time by just putting my issue back to the hotel manager which is Jerry **. Besides the fact that the room was filthy, didn’t have any amenities like fridge or microwave. Oh and a little girl almost drowned in the pool the first night

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

My husband and I have been dealing with Holiday Inn Vacations since 2019 and are fed up with the entire company! All of their salespeople should be fired for the blatant lies they tell to trick people in to buying a timeshare. We were convinced by our saleswoman that we were buying a piece of property, and for the price, it made sense. There was no time to think about what we were getting in to. Everything was rushed since the deal was “only good for that day”. Naturally, even once we agreed, they kept leaving information out. We had no idea how much we would actually end up paying after the 10-year loan was complete.

If we knew we’d be paying DOUBLE what we agreed to, we’d have walked away from these crazy people! The maintenance fees were also far over the $68/month that was quoted AND they go up every 12 months. All this money and we cannot even vacation because nothing is ever available. To make matters worse, when I lost my job due to COVID, Holiday Inn offered NO help. Even during a GLOBAL PANDEMIC, these people lack compassion and only care about money.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Learn from my mistakes and get away from Holiday Inn. If they call and offer you a cheap vacation, do not take it. That’s how they get you in to presentations so their soul-less sales staff can harass you until you sign on their fraudulent contract. We were told that they only needed 90-minutes of our vacation, but this ended up taking 5 HOURS.

For all those hours the sales staff methodically threw information at us at such a fast pace, we had a hard time keeping up. All the numbers they spouted off made sense at the time. They said with 50k points, we’d have plenty to go where we wanted, then magically, the only package available was 100k points so we were forced into a more expensive purchase. There was a lot of information that was withheld, the interest amount, extra fees, maintenance costs, and more. We were obviously manipulated in to saying yes. When we did, a huge stack of papers got shoved at us and we were directed on what to sign and initial. They purposely flew through it all so we couldn’t catch any red flags!

When we tried to cancel a few days after, we got told we were outside of the cancellation period, another thing no one mentioned. Since we were stuck, we tried to at least make the best of it but that did not work out either. Nothing is ever available to reserve. We are beyond annoyed that we got stuck with something so useless when we have paid over $10k…SO FAR!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

29 Dec 2021, Holiday Inn Club Vacations is a JOKE! Their sales staff are liars and manipulators. I hope others don’t get trapped as my wife and I have. We took a trip in 2017 with our 3 grandkids after their father, our son, passed away. My wife was also recovering from a major surgical procedure. When we checked in to our room, we were informed that we had to go to an update meeting, so we were aware of changes in our ownership. Before going to our room, we sat in the meeting with our luggage and met with our saleswoman. She spoke quickly so we wouldn’t pick up on important information and did the same when the contract came so we did not have time to ask questions. We were never made aware that with an upgrade, our payments would be double what they were before.

No explanation was given for what Maintenance fees cover. In fact, we are not sure why we need to pay them at all being that every time we stay at a resort, the rooms are in disarray. Shouldn’t our payments go to fixing the broken thermostats, or the appliances that don’t work, or maybe the doors and dressers which were not put together or installed properly? All this is under the assumption that we can even get a reservation, which is always an extremely difficult task. At this point, we are throwing away hundreds every month for something we can’t use!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I called to see about room rates at Holiday Inn in Las Vegas, Nevada, and accidentally got ahold of HICV, Holiday Inn Club Vacations. They offered me a room a block off the strip for $199.99 BUT, the room could be free if I go to a presentation for an hour. I agreed. I can do anything for an hour. I got to the presentation and their first question to me was “Are you here for the 120 minute presentation?” I said, "No. I’m here for the 60 minute presentation." The guy said “that’s the second person that told me that.” Anyway, I had to spread some of my Mother’s ashes and get to a show I already had paid for tickets to, so I just didn’t have another hour to give them. They told me that if I went to the presentation I’d get my $199.99 back in cash and if not, then I’d pay $199.99 for my room. Well they lied on the phone! Told me I was it was one hour long on the phone, then two hours long in person.

Well before I left the hotel after they threatened me to give me more charges or to take my room away and leave me without a room in Las Vegas if I didn’t go to another one of the presentations, they charged me $300 without telling me. I didn’t get a I got a check out slip. It didn’t say anything about $300 on it. It was for $37.01 for local taxes. So don’t fall for their tricks, their sales people trying to get you to buy their goods and the Resort is not very nice. I stayed at the Holiday Inn club vacation package, Desert club in. It was trashy. They had no services for their guests no maid service, no taxi service, their taxi light was broken on their building. They could not call you a taxi because too many people have walked away from them and they can’t get service anymore.

They did not tell me they charged me any additional money. However when I go back to read the fine print of the paperwork they sent me way back in a second click area it says they will charge you if you don’t go. But I already made the arrangements with the gentleman on the phone so no documents that came to me after that fact should in any way affect their ability To charge me additional funds without my knowledge. Or without informing me. It’s a disgrace that Holiday Inn is getting taken down into the mud by Holiday Inn club vacations. I thought they used to be a reputable hotel. Maybe I was wrong.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

While free and cheap vacations are tempting, do NOT accept those offers from Holiday Inn. That’s how they trick you in to wasting your hard-earned money on a useless timeshare. My wife and I took one of these vacation offers and stayed at the Orange Lake Resort in FL. The first part of our required presentation was great. The salesman took us on a tour of great rooms and amenities, like the lazy river, on a beautiful property. Once the tour concluded is where the problems started. We were initially offered a $30k package, I told the salesman there was NO WAY that would happen. For almost 2 hours, he kept throwing deals at us, clearly not understanding what “no” meant.

Eight years after the purchase, we finally get to use the timeshare. (I was stationed in the UK right after the purchase) When I tried to book, I was told there was not enough points and that our RCI membership doesn’t work in conjunction with our “purchased week”. During year nine, we finally got a reservation, but we did not get the beautiful rooms we saw before. We got a hotel room with DEAD COCKROACHES in the bathroom!! The exclusivity of the resorts was also grossly misrepresented. Instead of throwing money at Holiday Inn, go online and book a hotel on your own. Just be careful of the roaches.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

We were sold a Holiday Inn Club Orange Lake Resort timeshare. What a scam. $20,000 gets you nothing but lies about what you can do with your points. It bought us nothing but heartache and debt. They make all types of promises they don’t keep. Steal your hard earned money. We haven’t even been able to use the timeshare ever because we don’t have enough points. They say... "If you buy another $20,000 worth then you will". I pay maintenance and taxes on this property and I’ve never been able to use it. Stay away from this deceitful disgusting company!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Orange Lake's timeshares are useless. They offer you passes to Disneyland and Universal Studios, tell you lies about what you can do with these timeshares, they tell you that you are buying real estate when you are not, and scam you with fees by twisting the words in the contract. If they tell you that they are easy to book and there's always availability, they are lying to you! If they tell you that it will make travelling more affordable, they are lying to you! If they tell you that it will pay for itself when you are not using it, they are lying to you!

If they make it sound like you're getting the deal of the century, they are lying to you! If they say you can refinance easily, they are lying to you! My mortgage agent laughed at me when I tried to refi because the timeshare was worthless. We travel between France and Brazil a lot, and they convinced us that this was the travel hack that we had been looking for. All we ended up with was a contract that has us paying more and more until we die, and then has our kids pay until they die. Only buy if you think your mortgage agent needs a good laugh.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Don't get swindled by Holiday Inn! I got an offer for a 3 day free vacation, but it was contingent upon me sitting through a presentation. My 1-hour appointment turned into 5 exhausting hours of salespeople roping me into making a purchase by lying about everything that was being offered. The salespeople told me that I was buying property and used words like "mortgage" and "deed". What I actually bought were points. I was happy about the ability to pass this down to my grandchildren, but I learned that they, also, be responsible for the fees, I was angry.

My salesperson, also, did not bring up things like the extra fees there are to book vacations or the cost of activities at the resorts. The 4% maintenance increases annually were, also, not talked about. At least I had the option to give it back, if I changed my mind, right? NO! When I tried to give it back I was told there is no such program! The sales staff preyed on me because of my age, 78, and a desire to do things for my grandchildren, while I still can. All they did was lie and omit information to make a few bucks!

Holiday Inn author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Holiday Inn was founded in 1952 and is now an InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) brand. There are more than 1,200 Holiday Inn hotels with 228,100 rooms worldwide, making it one of the world’s largest hotel chains.

• Kids stay free: At Holiday Inns there is no charge for children under age 19 when they stay in the same room as their parents. Kids under 12 can order off the children’s menu for free at all onsite restaurants. Guests can visit the Holiday Inn website for more information.

• Pools and fitness centers: Most hotels in this chain have indoor and/or outdoor pools available for recreational or fitness activities. Guests will also likely have access to a fitness center when staying at a Holiday Inn.

• Supports small business: Holiday Inn is currently involved in IHG’s Journey to Extraordinary campaign. This year, the brand is exploring ways to help small businesses owners and entrepreneurs with business travel. They have partnered with two small businesses, Sword & Plough and Perfect 10, to learn about the small business traveler and find ways to make travel easier for that group.

• Rewards credit card: With IHG’s Rewards Club Select Credit Card cardholders earn points for every purchase they make, which can then be used for free hotel stays at any IHG hotel, including Holiday Inns. New customers can receive 70,000 bonus points when they spend at least $2,000 during the first three months they have the IHG Credit Card, which can give them as many as 14 free nights. See IHG’s website to apply.

• Smartphone app: IHG’s app makes it easy for travelers to quickly book a room at any of their brands, including Holiday Inn. The Flyertea Travel Awards named the app the Best Travel Mobile App in 2015. It is available for both Apple and Android platforms.

Holiday Inn Company Information