3.6/5 (489 ratings)

About Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn ?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

Original review: June 24, 2022

I want everyone to know about the harassment and deceit I’ve been subjected to as a HIVC “owner”. In 2019, I attended a presentation and endured HOURS of a pushy, aggressive salesman. His attitude got worse with every offer I turned down. If I knew everything I was told was untrue, I would have kept saying NO! I had no clue that I would have to get a membership with an entirely different company to stay at the resorts I wanted. There are additional fees to book trips, which was never mentioned. The resorts are not exclusive as I was told. You can get the same rooms on travel sites for far less! The “luxury” units that were shown are NOT what I’ve gotten. The one time I have been able to use my timeshare was in Orlando and I wasn’t impressed at all. It’s only a few steps above a MOTEL!!

Original review: June 19, 2022

Deciding to purchase a timeshare with Holiday Inn Vacations Club was probably our worst decision. When we originally purchased our timeshare with these people, we were taken on a tour. This tour occurred in July in the middle of the day, so it was bloody hot. Side note, I am 71 years old and have type 2 diabetes so being in the heat is not good for my health. I expressed my frustration about the tour with the salesman, and he was so quick to dismiss my concerns and continued his spiel.

We were told that we were able to book vacations anywhere with the points in our package, but when it came time to do so, the website said we did not have enough points to book a room. We even tried to book with affiliated hotels, and this turned out to be impossible with the number of points they sold us. Additionally, they promised us we would receive special discounts throughout the year. We have yet to receive any discounts. Why are we paying so much money for something we cannot even use? They lied to get us to do business with them.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Holiday Inn Timeshares…How can I even start to explain the disappointment and stress I have had since purchasing a timeshare with Holiday Inn? I can start by warning people they employ slick liars as salespeople, and they just take advantage of people. We are a military family, and we take morals and honesty seriously and they make it very clear that they have no morals and no class. They did not let us leave till we accepted a deal; we knew we weren’t going to get out of there without accepting an offer. It truly is so disappointing how after declining multiple times, the salespeople they just wouldn’t stop, and they wouldn’t take NO for an answer. They use sneaky sales tactics and just darn right tricked us, they misled us into buying this. Holiday Inn should be ashamed of themselves for deceiving a hardworking military family.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Silverlake and Holiday Inn scammed me! I have had constant problems with them. When I was able to book a vacation, I was disappointed to find the “resort” that was booked looked more like a trashy motel! I stayed on the ground floor and had to use a chair as a door jam since the patio door would not lock. I cannot believe I pay maintenance fees for things to be broken and run down! After I could no longer travel, I told Silverlake that I wanted to sell my timeshare, as I was told I could. This is when I found out that the program I was told about doesn’t even exist. What’s worse is that’s how I purchased mine in the first place!

Supposedly, I bought a unit from a man that also was no longer traveling. So how is it that this program doesn’t, and never did, exist? It’s all lies! The only other thing I could do is rent it… for a fee… with no guarantee of it really being rented… and all funds would be applied to the mortgage. I wouldn’t even see a dime! I have had nothing but a headache with this timeshare.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I stayed for my official work at Bangalore Holiday Inn situated at Racecourse. I had my guest came to my room and I asked for empty dinner plates to eat the food which he brought for me. The hotel said they will charge for the empty plates & I was having no choice but to pay the charges for empty plates Rs. 185 including taxes. This is absolutely a loot and do not recommend this hotel.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Holiday Inn Vacation Club timeshares are not what they initially sell you. Our family has had a horrible experience with their timeshares. What they told us at the sales presentation wasn’t all true and it’s been devastating. There were a lot of non-disclosures and misrepresentations that occurred, and timeshare ownership has not been what was promised. They promised a lifetime of lavish vacations which would include Disney properties, but it was all lies.

There are fees for almost everything. If you want to stay at an affiliate hotel there are transactional fees. Points expire after a year despite availability being garbage. This is a far cry from the easygoing lavish vacation club experience that was promised at their sales presentation. It makes you wonder what the point of owning a timeshare really is. This entire experience with Holiday Inn has left us feeling duped. There isn’t a way to get rid of this timeshare and if they would have been honest with us from the start we never would have gotten tied up in this mess. My suggestion to anyone looking for a timeshare is to do your research and stay away from Holiday Inn Vacation Club!

Original review: June 1, 2022

We used to be able to trust the name Holiday Inn, now we shudder with disgust. After using their hotels for years, they have lost all our trust. We received a call offering a “free” weekend vacation if we agreed to go to a sales presentation. It sounded like a great deal, so we went. We should have known it was too good to be true. The one hour we agreed to turned in to several hours of inaccurate information and numbers being hurled at us. Salespeople manipulated our emotions and used the fact that we wanted to save up to take our child to Hawaii after graduation against us. We signed on for a timeshare and booked our HI trip 10 months in advance. Because of Covid, we were unable to take the vacation. To date, we have not received our deposit back for this trip. Anywhere else we have looked to reserve a room, we cannot find availability. We are just throwing money away at this point! Thousands of dollars down the drain!

Original review: May 24, 2022

Buyers beware! Holiday Inn Club Vacations also known as Silverleaf Resorts has no respect for active-duty military, veterans, and first responders. They will lie and take advantage of anyone. My family purchased a timeshare thinking that this would be a fair deal. However, they are full of false advertising, no availability, endless harassment, and worst of all maintenance fees that constantly go up. They’re a predatory company. They will bribe you with all-expense paid vacations to reel you in that never materialize. They will keep you hostage for hours on end making supposedly better offers every time you say “NO!”

They will keep pushing and negotiating to get you to buy their timeshare. Be aware of the hidden fees. I found out that you are paying them all this money and not receiving all the benefits they tell you about. Be very leery. They will use any tactic to get you to attend even the promise of gift cards or electronics then revoke the offer if you don't upgrade or purchase. When approached I highly suggest walking away. They will bleed you dry.

Original review: May 18, 2022

If you value your sanity, the last thing you should do is sign up with HIVC. My wife and I signed up in 2019 and have been horribly disappointed since. We had to deal with an extremely high-pressure sales situation and were not told the truth about what we were buying. Salespeople are really good about dressing up this product as a real estate investment. If we knew that we were not buying real estate, we likely would never have gone through with the purchase. The salespeople intentionally hid additional fees like maintenance increases, and fees to make reservations. They packed on the pressure by offering us deals that were only good right then. We had no time to think about what we were doing and were not aware that there was a 10-day cancellation clause in the contract. This investment has only become a financial liability! Holiday Inn salespeople only care about their commissions and putting hard-working Americans in financial ruin!

Original review: May 12, 2022

HOLIDAY INN VACATION CLUB PREYED ON US!!! Yes, we were the fish, and the sales representatives were the blood thirsty hungry sharks just waiting to attack. The timeshare salespeople took advantage of us, they truly don’t care about anything but the money going into their pockets. We attended a sales presentation only because it was one of the conditions of the travel offer.

The 90-minute presentation was way over 4 hours and filled with extreme pressure to purchase a timeshare. WE SAID NO MULTIPLE TIMES! We were not interested in making this purchase but because we were pushed, and the salespeople got more aggressive, we agreed. We regret this so much, it all sounded amazing, until now that we found out the truth, but this has no doubt has been the biggest mistake of our lives. The fantasy dream vacations they promise is just a hoax. DO NOT FALL FOR THE MISLEADING SCAM. Just know once they open their mouth, 90% of the information is completely dishonest.

Holiday Inn author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Holiday Inn was founded in 1952 and is now an InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) brand. There are more than 1,200 Holiday Inn hotels with 228,100 rooms worldwide, making it one of the world’s largest hotel chains.

• Kids stay free: At Holiday Inns there is no charge for children under age 19 when they stay in the same room as their parents. Kids under 12 can order off the children’s menu for free at all onsite restaurants. Guests can visit the Holiday Inn website for more information.

• Pools and fitness centers: Most hotels in this chain have indoor and/or outdoor pools available for recreational or fitness activities. Guests will also likely have access to a fitness center when staying at a Holiday Inn.

• Supports small business: Holiday Inn is currently involved in IHG’s Journey to Extraordinary campaign. This year, the brand is exploring ways to help small businesses owners and entrepreneurs with business travel. They have partnered with two small businesses, Sword & Plough and Perfect 10, to learn about the small business traveler and find ways to make travel easier for that group.

• Rewards credit card: With IHG’s Rewards Club Select Credit Card cardholders earn points for every purchase they make, which can then be used for free hotel stays at any IHG hotel, including Holiday Inns. New customers can receive 70,000 bonus points when they spend at least $2,000 during the first three months they have the IHG Credit Card, which can give them as many as 14 free nights. See IHG’s website to apply.

• Smartphone app: IHG’s app makes it easy for travelers to quickly book a room at any of their brands, including Holiday Inn. The Flyertea Travel Awards named the app the Best Travel Mobile App in 2015. It is available for both Apple and Android platforms.

Holiday Inn Company Information