1.34/5

296 Holiday Inn Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Good transport to & from airport. Ample parking. Staff was good. Clean. Rooms adequate. Bar by dining room. They had good food, breakfast and dinner. Live band. Close to attractions and local restaurants.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Clean in entrance. Told us about breakfast and the times. Upstairs to second floor. Down a long hall. To get door open is a new way. If my daughter not with me I could not get in. Would have to get assistance. Just tap card to handle. Only bottle of lotion and one bar soap. Rest in jars up in tub area. Room clean. Only stayed one night. I liked the pillows as I have to sit 1/2 way up at night. They did not crush down like other motels.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I was made the offer about 6 years ago while booking a hotel for work. We went to Las Vegas. We knew there was a sales pitch to come. Against expectations we bought the smallest plan. We have upgraded 2 times. We enjoy this and have given trips to some of our friends. We have gone to Gatlinburg 2 times (going again in 2 months), Orlando 4 times and Williamsburg. We are going to Panama City for Thanksgiving to be with family. Traded point to stay in a hotel in NYC. My husband’s heath kept home last year. Missed a trip to Fox River and Orlando. We were starting to talk about buying a TINY condo in FL when this came up. Love the flexibility.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I read a lot of bad reviews about Holiday Inn vacation club and was scared to go!!! But we went anyway because we had paid a year ahead time... Glad we did. We took the timeshare tour. We were treated very respectively even though we declined to buy a timeshare. GREAT VACATION. WOULD DO IT AGAIN!!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

My husband and I travel with Holiday Inn. We received an offer to book a hotel through Vacation Club. They put us in a disgusting hotel that smelled like weed and mold. I called them and the travel guy we worked with for the past few months is no longer there and no one knows who he is. They connected us with a manager who seemed clueless and ignorant. He promised he would move hotels into a nicer hotel so he moved us across the street to a nasty motel that was even worse. He said he reserved it for us but we went to see and they did not have our names in their system.

Now we checked out of the gross Landmark Hotel and got placed into a nasty motel and when they did not have our names, we called the manager but he already left for the day and left no notes for the rest of the staff. We drove for over 7 hours and were exhausted. We talked with multiple staff members and kept getting bounced around. We were threatened that we would be charged more, that we could not cancel or get our money back. Later they cornered my husband and said we have to choose the nasty motel.

Long story short after 4 hours of the phone call and being placed on hold over and over again, they were very rude. I finally grabbed the phone and said I will not tolerate their abuse. I have scoliosis and prone to migraines and cannot stay in a mold, dirty motel with solid rock beds, and unsafe environment. They eventually moved us but they continued to lie to us throughout the entire time.

The timeshare was promised to only be 90 minutes but lasted for over 120 minutes. We just felt very cheated. We were extremely lied to and disrespected. We are faithful customers but this was by far the worst experience I ever got. I feel so sorry for all the people who suffer under Holiday Inn Vacation Club. They are very deceiving and do not care about the customer. They are greedy and want to sell you timeshares but they do not consider your time, your safety, your vacation, your health, or you as a faithful and loyal customer. I am highly disappointed and have a VERY bad taste in my mouth. PLEASE NEVER use this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

Original review: June 15, 2019

Beds comfy. Very clean. Helpful staff. No hot water. Bathroom uncomfortably small and awkward, lighting controls a mystery. Good car parking at this Norwich UK branch. Wobbly Formica tables in breakfast/dining area. Clinical not cozy. More like the old McDonald's. Food good and abundant. 15-06-19.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Bought a 3 night stay in The Smokies. Was told I had to listen to a presentation and I would get the $200.00 back. Here's the catch. More than 4 cannot come and we have 5 in our family. I also do not recall them saying it was non refundable. So, just lost 200.00. No hotel stay, no presentation. Just leave one child home and I guess it might work. I don't think so. No more Holiday Inn products of any sort for me. That was deplorable. Did I mention it now has an expiration date. Seriously? Disgusting bait and switch.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I own a Timeshare which was known as Silverleaf now known as Holiday Inn Timeshares. Well ever since the buyout rates keep going up, things are being taken away such as Bonus Time which was free now we are being charged for, reservations are almost impossible to get, deposits are required now, resorts are extremely noisy and nasty. I have tried contacting the Attorney General in our state but get no response. We were promised things when we bought the timeshare. Now those promises are being broken.

I have tried on several occasions to get them to buy back the property but they refuse to do so. I have the property listed with an AD company and have had it there for a long time now but not even one offer. I have tried to make several complaints to the company but they fall on deaf ears. I have even asked the reps. that take my calls to have a V.P. call me but I have yet to get a call. Is there anything you can do to help me and the others that are stuck in this endless game of raising cost. By the way my timeshare was paid for in cash.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I went to presentation on 5/19/19. To go through the entire 3 hour presentation and decided against purchasing to be told that they were going to keep my deposit because I didn’t come with my separated spouse. Why take me through the long tour and try to pressure me into buying to not give me what was promised. Your reps are not trained properly, they give out the wrong information.

After being told I can come alone by the rep they lied and said that what I was saying wasn’t true and didn’t want to pull up the recordings as I suggested. So I went back later that day and called again to have the same thing repeated to me by another rep, and let him know that he was being recorded too. So If this is how you treat your platinum members or any other hard working people you should be ashamed of yourself, all for sales. Trust me I will get my point across even if I have to get an attorney. I fight for what I believe is right. You don’t take from me and get away with it. Linda

Original review: May 12, 2019

We agreed to sit through the presentation with Holiday Inn & IHG properties. Having no experience with timeshares, we went with little to no expectations other than knowing it would include a ‘hard sale’ and a concrete 120 minutes of our time as stated at check-in. Luckily for us, we had an incredible salesmen, it was easy to spend the majority of our time with him. The presentation was clear, concise, and well delivered however, there was nothing in the offer or packages that was of value to us to be convinced to sign a contract.

Unfortunately, when you say "no thank you" and mean it, the next step is to be sold to by the manager, spending another 20+ minutes with a new offer and new pitch. When you say "no thank you" again, you’re passed off to the marketing person who states in earnest that he is not sales, he asks a few survey questions but basically decided why we said "no thank you" to the offer in the first place before listening to our answers. This marketing, not sales person, then tries to sell us on another option for a ‘free’ trip by signing up for a different type of vacation package. He is the final sales person of the day, at this point we’re in for 3 hours of our time, not the 2 hours stated at check-in.

The icing on the cake is the hotel accommodations, the property where the presentation takes place is stunning (Scottsdale, AZ), the tour highlights all the valuable accommodations you would want when on vacation. The place where you are put up however, is no where near these accommodations. I would say we stayed in the fleabag version of this beautiful property, adding insult to injury.

I am disappointed, not only because we had to say no thank you to our wonderful salesman, we had to say it to the manager, and the marketer, but also because it was clear that we had upset all of them simply by saying no thank you, it’s not for us. I am annoyed that I was forced to stay another hour and while 1 extra hour of my time is not more valuable than others, it was an hour that I can’t get back, an hour that I did not approve of someone to taking, and mostly because I felt lied to about the expectations set at the very beginning. I am dissatisfied by the hotel accommodations, if we had stayed on the property they were trying to sell us on, I may have had a different outlook, I may have seen the value in what it had to offer and signed a contract. #definevalue #notworthit

Original review: May 7, 2019

If you had a similar experience with Holiday Inn Club Vacations, please file a Better Business Bureau complaint. A company should not withhold money if no services or products were received. I recently fell victim to a predatory practice shortly after having stayed at an IHG hotel. I received a call regarding a $249 3x night stay at the resort of my choice from Holiday Inn Club Vacations. It seems like this company is somehow associated with IHG as my stay was referenced in the call. The fee is supposedly refundable after sitting through a timeshare briefing.

If you don't attend the timeshare brief, the fee is non-refundable and you are given an option to forfeit the $249. I will not be attending the brief due to other requirements, so I will be losing the $249. That aside, no services or products were received, this is a predatory practice and it seems that it would be deemed illegal. Had a service been or product been provided, I would not argue. However, this practice is less than expected from a company that seems linked to an organization like IHG that does business on a large scale.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I fell for the illusion of being able to travel to nice places and stay at nice hotels for cheaper than I would be able to otherwise. The overly-long presentations are designed to overwhelm and exhaust you with information that distracts you from what it is you're really getting into: that being having to buy something for far more than it’s worth and that you’ll have to ultimately pay far more for points than it would cost you to book the trip on your own. Nor do they tell you, until your next obligatory meeting, which is every time you show up for a vacation, that in order for your points to have the same value as they did when you first purchased them, that it'll cost you more. It's predatory brainwashing at its finest. I regret ever setting foot in at the Orange Lakes resort and am looking for any way possible to get out of my contract.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We recently purchased at Orange Lake in Kissimmee, FL. We were told of an instance by our first salesperson, (he never gave us a card and we don't remember his name) that when his home sold sooner than expected, he was able to go there, to HICV Orange Lake and stay for 2 weeks! Since it was within 30 days, he got both weeks for the 15,000 points ea and a total cost of $64!! They repeated, no matter how many weeks you are able to stay, you are just charged the $64! We told them no, at the first offer, which was like 200,000 points for $24,000! Then Georgio came out and said they could do 100,000 points for $16,000 (or something similar) and we told them no, again saying we owned in Aruba for far less and go there every year, but we like to travel with our kids and grandkids, so we were looking for options.

That was a mistake! They wouldn't give up! They said they were just going to send Lee out to make sure the others did their job and we could be on our way. We had already been there 3 hours. Lee, instead, comes out with another sales pitch and emphasizes that as long as there is availability within 30 days, even for a 3 bedroom, we could get a unit for 15,000 points and $64! Already being an RCI member, I just happen to ask what their exchange fee was and they said, "Oh, for RCI it is $239," like it was totally unrelated to the 15,000 points and had I not asked, they would never have mentioned it! So, he says, here's our best offer, for first time tours, $7,500 for 50,000 points. They knew, being flexible, and travel a lot, that we were interested in their 30 days or less, reservations, that were at a cost of $64 and only 15,000 points.

Although we were delirious at this point, we thought, well if we can get a week within the 30 days for only 15,000 points (which they said, again, as long as there is availability and other than the holidays and summertime was a really good possibility) and only $64, it's not a bad deal. So they wore us down and we agreed. We were there for another 2 hours, for a total of 6 1/2 hours! When we met with Thais, she went over all the selling points. Again, saying 30 days or less for only 15,000 points and stays Sun-Thurs were at 50% of total points. Never once did they say that the 15,000 points were only available through RCI at a cost of $239!! Then, you have 10 days to cancel your agreement, but conveniently they don't give you access to anything for at least a month!

Once I got on to see that what they told us was total BS, it was too late to cancel! I have contacted them many times and just get a run around! We were clearly lied to and lead to believe there would be lots of availability at great locations at the discounted points in off times, which even when there is availability within 30 days, they go for over 100,000 points! The only locations that are discounted are the places no one really wants to go to. Stay away from this company! They will resort to whatever they need to to get you to purchase!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

This business takes the brand awareness and business legacy of Holiday Inn, and tarnishes it with a menagerie of dishonest salesmen, unscrupulous and deceptive middle managers, backed by an organization that has zero accountability and very poor internal communication. Just try to get to the correct department to resolve an issue...it will take months.

I paid for a stay at the Orange Lake Resort in Orlando, Florida, attended a timeshare presentation, and relied upon what turned out to be COMPLETELY FALSE misrepresentations of what this company's point values, packages, and booking standards are. Having never actually used the timeshare after realizing that almost everything we were told about how it works was false, I have been in a month's long battle with scores of unaccountable members of this poorly run organization.

The company believes in internally passing the buck and never doing what they say they will do. They will "Open investigations" into your claims that seem to never get investigated, resolved, or even remembered by the time you speak to them next. Each time you speak to a representative they will tell you that someone is looking into the matter and will contact you, which never happens. The employees don't talk to each other, obviously keep poor records, and take no responsibility for the salespeople or their organization's behavior. DO NOT BUY THIS TIMESHARE.

There are plenty of BETTER ones out there run by BETTER ORGANIZATIONS. I am an owner with Diamond Resorts, and as much as I have complained about some of their practices, they are an immaculate organization compared to Holiday Inn Club Vacations. It is truly disappointing the way these people operate. If you value your money, your time, and expect basic honesty and integrity out of those you do business with, stay as far away from Holiday INN Club Vacations and all of their partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries as possible.

Original review: April 30, 2019

***Racist experience*** Very Very poor Communication between staff and customers. Worst experience of my life! Zero stars if you ask me! We stayed here, paid near damn $600.00 to show my family a good time and after checking in we drove to stayed in the Ambassador's Villas. When we arrived as soon as we get off our car there was a family drinking at the front of the complex and partying with a group of people.

We get off our car and 2 or them start yelling, "Go back to Mexico you stupid Mexicans" following laughter and them chanting Build the Wall from their group. Then to make matters worse our room was right next to theirs, So instantly I get into protective mode and I tell them “Hey there is no need for that. Just go about your business and we’ll go about ours” along with some other things. So my kids are already scared to go back out to the car to get the rest of our things and I run into a Hill Country Resort employee on my way back down and I tell him what was going on and he said “I’ll get security over here right away.” We waited 2 to 3 hours waiting for security to come and nothing. No one came! I was so in shock on how they didn’t handle the issue.

I finally talk my family to, "Let’s get out of the room" because they were scared of the harassment and racist things being yelled at us and see what's new, what else does this place have to offer, So we go to the indoor pool and the kids finally are having fun so I take the opportunity to call to the front office and I spoke to Melissa and told her what happened and why didn’t a security come? Mind you I’m trying to stay calm because I don’t want my kids to see me upset. So then Melissa tells me no one reported an incident to security, So she then tells me, "I’ll have a manager call you because we want to make this right maybe we can move you to a different villa or maybe a comp stay but you’ll have to speak to a manager."

I waited and no call came to my room or cell phone so we just try to enjoy our stay and of course my kids still have their guard up and their right by my side the whole trip! So we check out and I’m still waiting for a call 2 to 3 days later I decided to call and I spoke to ****Cheryl the front desk Supervisor****. I told her about the incident and she says, "This is horrible. I wasn’t informed about this issue." (By this time I’m not even shocked anymore just furious) and I will get down to the bottom of it because it was failed to be reported not once but twice!!!!

So I tell her, "Look I grew up coming here when it was Silver Leaf and I want my kids to like it here. This is where some of my best memories were made here, and I feel it really was a loss of money but I don’t want my kids to feel this is what we deserve so I asked for the comp stay. Let’s give it another try. All people aren’t ignorant like those drunks so please help me show my kids that this was not right by giving us a second try because mind you my husband doesn’t want to pay to stay here again and be treated like crap."

So Cheryl says, "Don’t worry. I’m going to send you an email tonight with the certificate of your comped stay" and so I tell my kids, "Hey guys. What went on over there was not right. No one is better than you just because of their skin color and the resort wants us to go back out there and give it another try," But I never got the email so I called to see 2 days later, "Hey what is going on with the email" and Cheryl wasn’t so nice this time and was actually rude and says, "No stay is being comped. Sorry but no one heard of the incident!"

At this point I had enough and I said, "Of course your employees said they didn’t know anything because they swept it under the rug not just 1 time but twice but I gave you all the correct names of the people I spoke to who failed to report it and help us out and it's lies and BS!!" They never cared to make the situation better! This was my very first racist experience and the worst experience of my life! Maybe my business is better elsewhere but just be aware of staff because A lot of them are young and careless and don’t do their jobs correctly!!!!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Signed up for a vacation "mortgage" after the 90-minute presentation, There are many pages of legalese to the contract that took hours to try to understand... Then, within the first month we realized false representations were made regarding "points" and availability of cheap 5 day stays. Within the first month I wrote a letter seeking to cancel but no response and now they are docking my good credit. Beware of this company... There is no way out if you don't cancel within 6 days.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Checking out at Vero Beach Holiday Inn Express 9400 19th Lane was like arguing with a juvenile. My business card is tax exempt and upon check in I was told all that is taken care of at checkout. No need to tell me. When checking out the juvenile front desk manager argued with me about not telling the supposedly trained check in clerk about my tax exempt status. Will never step foot in this Holiday Inn again and will change hotel chains for future travel with one more encounter with an untrained child behind the checkout desk.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I want to know why you cannot find this information anywhere. I would like to know the regional manager or owner of the Holiday Inn Silver Springs Washington. And I can't not ask the management here. They are the problem. THE WORST.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Sales staff and the Quality Assurance Office lead us to believe that we were to keep our bonus time option just as it was. On June 16th, 2018, we went to the Hill Country resort at Canyon Lake, TX. We went to an information meeting about the transition from Silverleaf resorts to Holiday Inn Club. That Information meeting turned into a sales meeting that lasted over five hours mainly because we have a free bonus time clause in our contract with Silverleaf that we did not wanted to lose. The two sales representatives and their supervisor assure us that the free bonus time was to be carry over and how their system was better because instead of having a fourteen-days window to make reservation we would have a 30 days window to make reservations.

At no time during the sales conversation and our repeated concerns and questions about the free bonus time where we told that IHG have the right to change or cancel the program. After six hours of sales pitches, credit checks and income verifications, hungry, with our two grandkids (one of them autistic) we sat down with Mr. Lee ** from the quality assurance office. Mr. ** explained that his job was to MAKE SURE that what we were told and what was on the contract was correct and he stated, "I will get you out of here very fast". Mr. ** was very meticulous verifying that we understood our payment responsibilities, payment amounts, days and everything else.

But, as we were flying thru documents trusting his expertise, goodwill and honesty when it came time to go over the bonus time part of the contract Mr. ** proceeded to congratulate us on keeping the free bonus time and made no effort to explain the very important difference between the two contracts. All Mr. ** and the sales supervisor had to do was to state that the free bonus time perpetuity was not guaranteed by IHG as it was with Silverleaf resorts. All the comments and compliments about the free bonus time were a distraction! As a disabled combat veteran with mental health issues, I will inform you that this PREMEDITATED DECEPTION is affecting my health and my family's health.

Original review: March 3, 2019

As many others have stated the Holiday Inn Resort in Kissimmee is beautiful. I am a IHG silver member and was asked to buy 4 day/3 night package for 199$ with 2 hour tour of facilities. I was going to Orlando anyway so it worked out great...or so I thought. The first day my husband & I were put through the most high pressured exhausting sales pitch I’ve ever experienced in my life. At the end, I begged and was on the point of tears to be taken back to our car. It was the most insulting, verbally abusive, harassment I’ve gone through since my first husband! I divorced him but these people I could not get free of! It ruined our vacation, I was so exhausted that day I could only go to bed. The building stunk like fish. I liked Holiday Inn before but may never stay there again. Please people do not accept their offer regardless how nice it sounds!!! I wish I could give -10!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

My husband and I booked a room online at the Holiday Inn Ocala Conference Center. We reserved a King suite that showed a jetted tub and offered a hot tub by the pool. When we finally got to our room there was no jetted tub nor a regular bathtub just a shower. We figured ok well maybe we did something in the reservations and went to look for the hot tub, the website stated that there was one. Nope they claimed to have closed the hot tub a few years back and never removed it from the website.

That was not the only thing wrong. Our coffee pot in the room did not work and were promised that someone would take care of it. When we left it still was not fixed. Only one of our keys worked so if we were not together we would have to wait for someone to let us in. This made our trip extremely frustrating as I was in town to visit my dying father. From now on I will never use Holiday Inn for anything. For the money I paid I was expecting for someone to care about my experience, boy was I wrong.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Received the call/offer for 4 days 3 nights at a Holiday Inn Club Vacation for 250$ (refundable in exchange for timeshare tour). Specifically asked (because I suspected shady behavior) for the list of places we could stay... "Any of the Holiday Inn Club Vacations" was the response. So I specifically asked if the resort in Gatlinburg was an option for the 3 nights and yes was the response. Now a year later when we try to use it, we are told only 3 poorly reviewed HOTELS in the area are valid options... That is fraudulent/dishonest business. I'll never consider a Holiday Inn Timeshare at this point. This seems like a case study for business schools in how NOT to handle customer service. If you get the call... just hang up.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I am a member of the IHG Priority Club. Contacted about a vacation promotion ( 4 night/5 days) to visit 1 of 10 Holiday Inn Vacation Resorts for $279.00 which would be refunded after we took a 2 hour "tour". I eventually booked at the Cape Canaveral Resort. Turned out the stay was not at the resort but at a local hotel in Cocoa Beach which we were told after we set up the vacation. They mentioned during this call the "tour" was actually a timeshare presentation. While I felt like I had been deceived, I did not ask the right questions initially. Who would have guessed Holiday Inn had timeshares?? But I thought we could handle a 2 hour presentation for a free stay in Florida. We knew at this time in our lives could not afford a timeshare, but we may be in a position to do so in a few years.

After all our friends told us their timeshare presentations stories we were a little nervous!! Told to expect longer than 2 hours. Happy to say only 2 hours and 15 minutes! Our initial salesman pleasant. Our tour consisted on seeing 2 of the available room types (2 bedroom and 4 bedroom) and looking at the pools from a balcony (20 minutes of actual touring). Facility was beautiful. Towards end we told salesman we would not be interested in purchasing. He actually asked us why we signed up!! Really?? Because some nice person on the phone arranged this vacation!! Did not tell us about the timeshare presentation or I could have told them no right then and there.

So the last 15 minutes a little rough with the "manager". Very rude, condescending, and angry with us. Did try to give us the least expensive deal for 45,000 points and did some fast talking. Trying to confuse us that we would be qualifying for 5-6 night vacations yearly. But I asked him how many nights 45,000 points would get us at this resort. It was 1 night! Please!! But we were pretty persistent ourselves and done with him in 15 minutes.

On way out was offered a 7 night stay at the resort for $1500 to use in next 2 years. Thought this was interesting because we asked initially why we did not stay at resort and they told us they do not let "guests" stay, only members! So, we got our $279.00 back on our way out. Lost 2 and 1/2 hours of ours lives. But now know how timeshares work and know it is not for us. Beware of all additional costs after paying for your points- annual membership, annual maintenance fees, fees if we book with different timeshares in group. We stayed at the Best Western at Cocoa Beach for free which was just fine for us-walk to beach, 2 pools, free breakfast, close to restaurants, clean rooms, friendly staff. Loved Cocoa Beach and if go back would just stay at Best Western!

So yes, it is too good to be true!! Feel foolish I fell for this timeshare scam but was not expecting this treatment from IHG. But we went in knowing we could not buy and did not let them intimidate us- so only 15 minutes of high pressure sales. If you did get roped into this scam stay strong!! While they are aggressive in end, we would not tolerate it and they finished with us in 15 minutes.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

They promised me my 45000 points per year would be enough for 9 days in a low season at the Orange Lake Resort with a reservation last minute and now I can't even buy a Monday for 30000 points. They mention I could transfer my points, because expired after 2 years and you mentioned it would be a conversion from 45000 points to 36000 point IHG but you said it would be converted back to the 45000 point in case I want it to use it at the Orange Lake Resort Orlando... not true.

They said I could combine getaway promotion with points, again not true. I specifically ask if there was a written policy for all this and you told me there was not but I had to trust the manager otherwise the IHG hotel group wouldn't be so famous and it would fail, so I trusted you. They promise me a book every year with the list of hotels where I could go but we are in February and I still never received it. They led you to believe every hotel in the world is equal to the one in the Orange Lake Resort Orlando but it is not true, the other one are just regular hotels without kitchen. They tell you, you don't buy a timeshare but points to use around the world but when you sell it, it can be done only as timeshare and you get stuck with it... Don't buy it. I did my part and I paid $10,000.00 plus closing cost entirely and you never did yours. THIS IS A SCAM.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Fair warning: Do not purchase a time share from this company. They are a joke. When you go to book trips they never have anything available. They charge you to actually book on top of using your points. It takes forever to make a reservation for some reason. They keep you on multiple holds for a long period of time. There are to many catches to using it. It is not worth the hassle! You really don't save any money. We have poured more money into it than we have used it. You do not get what you are promised at those paid two hour sale pitch get-a-ways.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have been a Silver Leaf owner with Silver Leaf resorts since 1992 as a "Endless Escape" member. Silver Leaf/Holiday Inn has taken away nearly all benefits of the program, was able to take pets to resort, then a refundable pet deposit, then a $100 non refundable pet deposit, now no pets allowed; The Villages on Lake Palestine owned & operated a Marina with boat stalls for guests to use at no charge, somehow it became private and now costs to park and even launch a boat; Then in Dec. 2018 I receive a letter that we will have to pay a $49/night charge on weeknights & a $75/night charge on weekend nights to use "Bonus time" which was free under the original Endless Escape program that I have been grandfathered in by contract when Holiday Inn took over.

These are only a small portion of complaints I have against them. I use to be happy with Silver Leaf but DO NOT GET SCAMMED WITH THEIR HIGH PRESSURE SALES PITCH. I hope we can get enough people together to file a lawsuit against their actions. Please contact me by my e-mail to build a list of unhappy owners.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

They told me this was a 200 dollar 3 night, 4 day marketing attempt to get people to see Holiday Inn as a resort rather than just a hotel. They said I could use it anytime at certain locations in the country within a year and I would get my money back after a one hour tour. Then I get emails saying that this is really an attempt to sell a timeshare! They said if I stay at their resort and dont qualify, not only do I not get my 200 bucks back, but I have to pay for those 3 nights in full myself. So now I choose not to go at all and just be out 200 dollars. I am disputing the charge to my bank.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I booked a night at Holiday INN 777 N Pinal Ave, Casa Grande Az. I was attending a wedding in Casa Grande. Unfortunately the morning of the wedding...there was a horrible flood (in the month of October) - a really bad and dangerous flood. I could not drive through the flood to get to Casa Grande for the wedding. I called the Holiday INN and told them my situation, the manager at Holiday INN 777 N Pinal informed me that because I purchased my stay with a third party vendor they could NOT refund me my money...

She also informed me that she had dealt with this third party vendor numerous times and was unable to refund anyone their money. She told me that this third party vendor would tell me it was the motel's fault but that it really was not the motel's fault, she stated she had no choice in the matter. I cancelled my reservation. Long story short...the Holiday INN 777 N Pinal Ave in Casa Grande Arizona literally LIED to me! I would suggest you make darn sure that nothing and I mean nothing will force you to have to cancel with the Holiday INN because guess what? THEY WILL NOT REFUND your money. Good luck.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

In short this Holiday Inn Vacations Club and timeshare offer is a scam run by bunch of rude people. If someone wants to file a class action lawsuit against them I completely support it. They should be taken out of business. I was called from these people with an offer to reserve a vacation package. They said they would give me $200 and an additional $100 if I would participle in their presentation. The purpose of the presentation was to show introduce the Holiday Inn Club in different locations. We went to one of these so called Holiday Inn Clubs in Las Vegas but they told us our reservation was in a different hotel! We went to the other hotel.

The front desk said we had to pay extra $40 a day for Vallet parking and internet. I said I did not need anything extra. They said I had to pay otherwise they would not give me the keys to the room. I did not want to ruin our vacation so I paid extra $40 a day for 3 days. The next morning we went back to the Holiday Inn Club for the presentation. The Holiday Inn Shuttle took us to a different building. It was a completely different atmosphere. The person was there to check us for the presentation started asking bunch of personal questions. I told her I was there for a Holiday Inn Club presentation. Why she was asking these questions. With a very rude tone she said I had to answer the questions. I asked her what does these personal questions had anything to do with Holiday Inn Club.

Anyways, I answered the questions. Then she said I was disqualified. They were begging me to go there now that I was there they said I was disqualified! What a waste of time and money on these crooks. I asked other people who came out of the presentation what was going on. They said this was all about selling timeshare. Apparently those people inside were even more rude than those at the front desk. I support anyone who wants to file a class action lawsuit against the Holiday Inn.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The door in the hallway did not let out to a safe drive to park and unload luggage. The room thermostat did nothing. The water came out brown when we turned on the tub faucet. Also, out of 5 wall plugs, only 3 worked.

Holiday Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Holiday Inn was founded in 1952 and is now an InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) brand. There are more than 1,200 Holiday Inn hotels with 228,100 rooms worldwide, making it one of the world’s largest hotel chains.

• Kids stay free: At Holiday Inns there is no charge for children under age 19 when they stay in the same room as their parents. Kids under 12 can order off the children’s menu for free at all onsite restaurants. Guests can visit the Holiday Inn website for more information.

• Pools and fitness centers: Most hotels in this chain have indoor and/or outdoor pools available for recreational or fitness activities. Guests will also likely have access to a fitness center when staying at a Holiday Inn.

• Supports small business: Holiday Inn is currently involved in IHG’s Journey to Extraordinary campaign. This year, the brand is exploring ways to help small businesses owners and entrepreneurs with business travel. They have partnered with two small businesses, Sword & Plough and Perfect 10, to learn about the small business traveler and find ways to make travel easier for that group.

• Rewards credit card: With IHG’s Rewards Club Select Credit Card cardholders earn points for every purchase they make, which can then be used for free hotel stays at any IHG hotel, including Holiday Inns. New customers can receive 70,000 bonus points when they spend at least $2,000 during the first three months they have the IHG Credit Card, which can give them as many as 14 free nights. See IHG’s website to apply.

• Smartphone app: IHG’s app makes it easy for travelers to quickly book a room at any of their brands, including Holiday Inn. The Flyertea Travel Awards named the app the Best Travel Mobile App in 2015. It is available for both Apple and Android platforms.

• Best for: Holiday Inn caters to families, business travelers and budget conscious travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs