Hilton Hotels

Hilton Hotels

3.9/5 (778 ratings)

About Hilton Hotels

Hilton Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I lived in one of the Hilton properties. I won’t be specific but it was during the pandemic. I had to make up my own room, there was no food for breakfast. There wasn’t any real snack food either. Welcome to the real world and they didn’t even lower their prices to compensate you. Covid, It's possible for bugs and animals such as pets to spread by contact with objects or surfaces that are infected person or animal has recently touched or rubbed against, such as clothing, towels, bedding and linens, combs, and brushes.

Contact outside home or anything outside areas like hospitals, doctors offices, pretty much any space where it’s not been sanitized properly or at all. CDC
This is why I don’t recommend anybody go to hotels unless you’re sick already which is what’s happening right now in 2023. Many people are coming in with everything from SARS to Covid to something called VSR I’m not sure if I got the spelling right on that one but the kids got it. Hotels are filling up with a sick. If the sheets aren’t bleached and properly sanitize. You can expect to go out worse than you came in or to catch something, you never thought was possible to catch, by using towels and sheets and pillows. When you walking and touching things like door knobs to room. That’s hasn’t been defog or sanitized properly.

We will be living in this for probably the next few years until this thing burns itself out.

If you think the shots work, good luck to you. My mother died as a result of being in a room that was not properly sanitized. We now live in a world of pandemics and they’re not going away any time soon. China’s unleashing another wave of its citizens upon the world with the new variance of the disease that we have no cures for. These new virus vaccines are not working against. So expect this to not go away anytime over the next three years. I base is pretty much on what I know of the Bible it says that this world, would end be mankind End. We’re overpopulated the planet the resources are all gone. So if you’re rich you go to your bunkers in your underground cities.

What the Bible says that the rich will not enter into the kingdom of heaven or the famous. As for the elderly and the young well the only ones promised are the 144,000 written and last book of the Bible. I’d say few billion are going to start dying very rapidly in the next three years but surely before 2028. I give you this reason based upon scripture 80 years in that generation will not pass away till everything is fulfilled. That date stars in May 14, 1948 founding of the state of Israel and Isaiah. That brings us to 2028 if my math is any good anymore. So you can decide what, you want to do give your life to the Lord and pray for the best? Or live like the heathens killing, one another until theirs nothing left except to be cannibal? No it’s not a joke.

All of the planet is dying birds mammals people there’s not gonna be much left to eat, rivers are drying up, the lakes are going dry, underground water resources are depleted. If you don’t believe me then you got nothing to worry about. Until the year 2028 or before? Then we’ll see who laughs last you are me?

I don’t joke about life or death this is a serious topic. I watch the CDC, WHO, I don’t like horror movies either this is not horror “this is reality!”

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

On December 8, 2022, I tested positive for Flu A. On December 12, 2022, my husband also tested positive for the Flu. I contacted the Hilton in Fort Lauderdale, Fl, who assured me the reservation was canceled after I explained we both had the Flu. We were both in agreement that I would be refunded without penalty. Tonight, I spoke to "Kevin" at the Maren Hilton Curio Resort in Fort Lauderdale, who informed me that because I chose the best deal, I was not eligible for a refund. Now, keep in mind it would have been entirely irresponsible to travel and infect others. I then reached out to Affirm, with whom I financed our trip, and was told to give it 5 days and I would see a refund! There is no refund, and my conversation needs to be found.

Affirm is now refusing to refund my money, as well as Priceline. The total loss for this trip with the flight was almost $900.00! This is part of the problem with the spread of disease today people are going to travel whether they are sick or not because of incident's like this! Ironically, there is no conversation recorded in the this resort's computer that I even spoke to this nice woman. I will never use a Hilton property again and I will be cancelling my Hilton Honors account. Also, I will continue to post about this on Social Media until something is resolved. I will be reaching out to the Attorney General's Office already today.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I stayed at a Hilton Hotel in Woodbridge VA. During my stay, due to illness, I booked an additional night. This was during the Christmas Holiday of 2022. I happen to check my receipt against a bank statement and found out I was overcharged. The initial room rate after all additional fees plus taxes were added to the bill I went on and booked the room. After getting to the hotel I was charged almost another 20 dollars for my stay. I am a senior and I have a limited finances, so I have to watch every penny.

Now onto the second booking due to illness. I booked the room from my hotel room and went to the front of the hotel with the given rate. Now mind you, I booked the room through the hotel website, not a third party, so they would not place extra charges on my account. After giving them my bank card, I was once again overcharged, after all fees plus taxes were placed on initial bill. In this day and age with the cost of living so high, they should not do that to people and be able to get away with it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

While packing to return home from a wedding, I thoroughly looked to ensure all items in all drawers, trash cans, closets etc were empty. When I got home I discovered an expensive pair of black pumps in excellent condition were missing. I immediately called the hotel and was told the room cleaners had discovered the shoes in a trash can and assumed we would throw out an obviously new pair of designer shoes but they would consult management. I spoke to management and understood the trash pickup would not be made for a few days and asked them to check and send them back to me. When I called back a couple of days later, I was told that employee no longer worked there and no one knew anything. I will never stay at another Hilton if this is the way their customers are treated.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

We had a reservation at a Hilton hotel in September of this year. Our debit card was not working because our bank considers staying at a hotel possible fraud. It was 10pm. We were already running late and having a bad day. I offered one night stay in cash and I would fix the problem in the morning. They said the Hilton hotel policy requires we pay in full. They made us go to an ATM to get cash for the two night stay. We returned and handed the cash over for the stay. The desk clerk refused to give us a paid receipt. She said they don’t have cash receipts. We asked for our money back. We went to a Comfort inn and the card rejected again. They said just pay for the one night in cash. The hotel manager then gave us a paid receipt with the cash we paid and a balance owed. We didn’t have enough money because the hotel charged more for the stay. It was totally worth the extra cost to have a no hassle hotel stay.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

The DoubleTree By Hilton Hotels located at the Oklahoma City Airport, took 50 dollars from my debit card for what they said was incidentals. They said the money would be returned to my account if It was not needed. When I checked out, the guy at the from desk said that the money would be returned to my account. It was never returned. If you had the same experience please report it so that this scam is stopped.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

This hotel is clean, the lobby is nice and the staff is "just ok". After waiting in the lobby for 30 minutes for a room, they began checking in people before us and others that were waiting. When we booked this 2-star hotel we still expected the most basic room amenities and for $200.00 a night, they fell short, and we were disappointed. We won't book Tru again for the following reasons. No closet, no dresser, no ice bucket or paper cups, no coffee maker and no toiletries such as lotion or make up wipe. This is all fine EXCEPT, the website does not inform you of this. We felt this was a very deceptive practice. For the price, we could have stayed at the Marriott or another competitor and would have received these amenities. Imagine having to compensate by putting ice in your cooler and having to dig your tumblers out of the car trunk to have something to drink from. We have never experienced this before.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I have stayed at Hilton Hotels for decades and the Hilton Pasadena, California is great! However, I needed to change a reservation to a later date and the hotel could not do that for me. I tried to modify the reservation online but they never went through and it kept saying try again later. I called Customer Care and initially they seemed helpful and passed me onto another "team" and 2 times they never answered after 15 minutes. Then one man seemed to be dropping his cellphone while talking and had trouble looking up my info. Finally, he disappeared.

I tried one more time and I was transferred to a "supervisor" who was rude and and didn't even seem to want to help me. I am always friendly, soft spoken so it wasn't that I had a bad attitude even though it was frustrating. For a company like Hilton I am shocked at the poor Customer care and it never got resolved so I lost $350 and 2 nights at their hotel. I might go to the Pasadena Hilton, it is a great place and great staff. I will not book directly through their website anymore.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

We stayed at a Hampton Inn just South of Nashville in Franklin TN on a recent trip of a lifetime. Although the hotel was a little hard to find and located along the perimeter of a busy mall the price was affordable, staff accommodating, room clean, but the food provided for the continental breakfast was cold and disappointing. Am considering not booking at one in the future. Expected much more from a Hilton.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

This place is an effing joke. Do NOT come here if you expect an Embassy Suites stay. The evening reception is one bottle of beer or one maybe 4oz glass of generic wine. The breakfast does NOT have an omelet bar or anything like a regular Embassy Suites. Continental breakfast. Over $50 each night to park and it's trashy and dirty. Not to mention the room STUNK like old dirty **. Effing disgusting. Also...no black-out curtains in the bedroom. Like no regular curtains either. Sheer see-through crap. And at least 50% of the guest parking was submerged in filthy stinking water. Oh, and don't bother trying to buy a drink at the bar. 20min for one horrible cocktail that didn't taste like ANYTHING I had before. Vile place. Gross. Pissed off.

Hilton author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.

• Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.

• Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.

• Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.

• Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.

Hilton Hotels Company Information