1.59/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Hilton Hotels

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

354 Hilton Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am beyond shocked and disappointed in this experience! I have been well traveled with Hilton Hotels through the US and Canada. And recently in Texas at the Hampton Inn and Suites West I was treated very badly. And what is worse I am a loyal Hilton Honors customer to Hilton Hotels worldwide. I checked in online through the points and cash option paying first and immediately 5000 points creating the points certificate to be redeemed. I even checked it electronically for "check in now feature". Early in the morning before it was even time to check out. She had locked me out of my room if I was not going to pay the end balance on my folio before check out. They already had the 5,000 points and the certificate.

They were verbally abusive. I was later alerted to the fact that this was in a bad area as well. And recommended that I stay clear of that property. First my worry is to my fellow loyal Honors members how they could possibly experience the same in the future. Any other Hilton Hotels experience was above and beyond the best customer service experience ever and very grateful. Except the Hampton Inn and Suites Hotel West Property in Texas.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Hilton is the most non loyal company I have ever done business with. Their best price guarantee is a joke. I found a better rate on hotels.com and the booking agent from Hilton even verified it, but said that in order to get the price and 25% reduction I had submit a claim online for the best price guarantee. I did that, in fact I did twice on the same day of the booking. The site says your claim will be resolved in 24 hrs. I didn't receive a response in 24 hrs, so I called and they told me to call back on Monday, because the best rate claims department doesn't work on the weekend. I called Monday and I was told that they don't have reps that I can talk to for the best price and for me to submit an email. I did that and also resubmitted the claim.

A day later I received an email stating that my claim was not received and to submit again. So I submitted a claim again! By this time the rate on hotels.com had gone up, but I had a screenshot of the rate, so I emailed it over. Finally, after 6 days, I get a denial on the best rate, because they said they never got my claim and the better rate couldn't be found (of course it's 6 days later). They said that my screenshot was not good either, because it's not the booking page, even though the screenshot I had the price, hotel, same dates, same guest number, and same room type, and the original Hilton booking agent verified it. DON'T TRUST HILTON, THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUNAROUND AND DO NOT HAVE ANY LOYALTY TO THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This is a very nice hotel. I recommend this hotel when coming to the Morristown New Jersey area whether for personal or business. The location is good, the staff is great and the hotel room are large and nice.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The hotel in Greensboro, MC is clean, has the most comfortable sheets ever, the staff is the friendliest & most helpfully any time of the day. They just make guests want to live there. It really is a fantastic hotel.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I booked a room at Hilton Garden Inn, in Lancaster Pennsylvania. Because my room was prepaid, it was noncancelable and non-changeable, per Hilton cancellation policy. I booked a king deluxe room but was given 2 double beds, the mattress was so hard, the hotel had a bad odor, and the manager wore a white T-shirt. She was irate yelling at me when I mentioned this is not the room I booked, even asked if I wanted to choose another hotel. Her attitude was unacceptable and if the hotel was gone change anything on a prepaid room, someone could have given me a courtesy call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I reached out to Hilton headquarters and CEO as I have a diamond status due to investing over $30,000 at the Hilton Suites due to home renovations. Irma hit... Power went out. Told guests that due to generator losing power (as they cleaned pool & ran pool filters), they would have to evacuate hotel. Then power came on & guess what... Still evacuated hotel. Then within two days of complete evacuation & accessing guest rooms when personal property still in rooms, they started to accept new reservations and up and running. Literally when evacuated... Gas stations out of gas & hotels booked all the way up to state of Georgia. Guest evacuated to a homeless desperate situation. When reaching out to Hilton (the only reason I stayed at property was due to the Hilton name at the top of the building - big mistake).

I was finally contacted & was basically passed over to the management company who is doing NOTHING (Stanford Property Corporation). Not to mention that the always offered Florida resident rate was yanked off the Hilton Honors site with Irma headed right to us... WOW. How disgusting. HILTON now I understand you have mostly (1 STAR RATINGS). The idea that you passed me off to the management company today and said "we want to give the management company the opportunity to make this right". Really! While guests are left HOMELESS... Caused by STANFORD MANAGEMENT/HILTON... Guess who is left out from getting a chance to be ok. This guest that invested over $30,000... In the last 5 months. Deep pockets upper HILTON Executive team... SHAME ON YOU! This will go to the attention of Attorney General Pam Bondi's office.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

The Hilton in Montgomery, AL has very friendly and warm staff that work there from check in to check out. The Hampton Inn and Hilton Hotels never disappoint. I really enjoy the beds and amenities there. The continental breakfasts are great!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We stayed in the executive level @ the Shinjuku Hilton. Wow. Service was great and the executive lounge was awesome. We will stay here every time we visit Tokyo and we have told many of our friends and family. If you are trying to decide the Hyatt or the Hilton, we recommend the Hilton.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I was given a room on the 10th floor with a full size bed (probably because of an airline voucher). However, that was not the issue. My room has the dirtiest carpet (which I complained about) and the shower leaked. This room was not taken care of. However, it did have a coffee pot and TV.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I never thought I'd be writing about the experience I had from customer service of a big hotel company. The point of customer service is for a company to be there for their guests, to answer their questions, to do whatever it takes to solve someone's problem. However, the customer service experience I recently had with Hilton was terrible. And I am writing this to warn you, to warn others, of what may occur if you have a serious problem with a Hilton hotel, and how no one will be on your side. Of how people in the company will basically accuse you of lying, and how they will only be on the hotel's side, trying to brush away your problem.

In August, I stayed at Embassy Suites Fort Myers - Estero with my family, a hotel that we have stayed at over five times. It was our home away from home, until our terrible experience this year where we discovered the terrible sanitary conditions throughout the hotel and bedbugs in our room. After coming to the conclusion that there were bedbugs in my room, I reached out to customer service on the phone, and was basically told that they would try to help me. After my call, I received an email stating, "We take your feedback very seriously and will do everything possible to resolve your concerns in a satisfactory manner as quickly as possible. Please allow us 72 business hours to resolve this matter for you."

Everything this company writes in their emails and state are lies. First of all, what must be mentioned is that I was not helped at all in that 72 hour time frame that was promised in the email. I received no phone call, no email. I felt that no one cared about my case. And this was also a serious one - if it was something minor, then I wouldn't have taken it so seriously. But I wanted to make sure that no guest would ever experience this hotel as we had. A few days later, I receive a phone call in my room, with a message from a hotel staff member stating that they had professionals checking our room for bedbugs, and that no bugs were found, and instead, sand was found which may prove that instead of us saying that there were bedbugs and that we have bites, there could have been sand fleas. This shows how Hilton, which made the hotel do this "check", did not trust us.

We have stayed at this hotel and in this area so many times, and never encountered sand fleas (after always going to the same beach) or bedbugs. The company and hotel didn't want to do anything about our problem. A few days later, I received an email from Hilton again, promising that the problem will be resolved within 72 hours it was the same email I previously received. Nothing was done for me, and this case did not progress anywhere.

And finally, I kept receiving an abundance of emails that looked like this (after my stay and after I posted my review of the hotel on TripAdvisor and Google): "Recently you contacted Hilton with your comments regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Fort Myers - Estero, FL. We're happy to see that we have been in touch with you and resolved your concerns. Thanks for your ongoing loyalty and understanding. If you have any questions, please simply reply to this email for further assistance." This email made it look as if all the problems I had were resolved, when Hilton did not even try to help me. I am so surprised with the quality of this company and how I used to trust the customer service.

Now, it seems as if I ever have a question or concern, it will never be resolved because the company just doesn't care. They just want you to keep coming to their hotels, and they won't take concerns seriously to make your experience better. Their hotels and company certainly isn't perfect, and there is always room for improvement. Now, it is definitely unclear if my concerns will be resolved. Will the hotel do something to get rid of the bedbugs and prevent this from happening again (in past years, they always had sprays to make sure that a spread of these pests wouldn't occur. This has stopped), and will they look into the sanitary conditions of the hotel? No, because they don't care. And this is why I'm writing this and why I wrote the review of the hotel: to show other travellers the true side of Hilton and its hotels. No one cares about their guests.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I was in town for an emergency. My father had to be taken to the hospital & is currently not doing well so you can imagine that at this time things are rough. I was there a while & felt good with the fact that one it's a Hilton & secondly the staff seemed to be understanding & extremely helpful at face value of course. After all that's all we see & meet of the people at the front counter anyway right? Boy was I wrong! I was charged $118 and some change. So they're saying I was charged $91 for the night, $17 for parking, then taxes. So this is to bring everyone up to date & what's going on. Ok I'm explaining to everyone that it wasn't a invalid charge. First off the valet is only $15 a night which there is a big black sign on the podium that states that a night. On top of the fact that I'm explaining that I used points for that night.

Now you all are taking my money & point & either giving them to someone else or someone is pocketing the funds. This is supposed to be a Hilton. I never would have thought this would be a situation that Hilton would have done or allow to happen. This is why I contacted corporate & now no one wants to help at the corporate level either to find out what happened. I stay at many of Hiltons all around the world for my company & never had to think twice that I would have to worry about lower standards of a Hilton. On top of which I tried to talk to them at that Hilton & then someone from your Guest Correspondence team just calls them back to hear them tell them no as well. With that being said what did I contact corporate for & how did you all help or look into to problem? Extremely disappointed & dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

The Williamsburg Hilton before reserving, states free cancellation... Once reserved you are then informed that if you cancel, your card will be charged for the whole amount. But that's not all... The reservations were made for Oct. 14th 2017 to Oct. 20th 2017 and Hilton charged my credit card for the entire amount of the stay on Aug 24th 2017. I have never heard of a hotel charging the customer for the entire stay almost 2 months before the stay. I will never use Hilton again. My card was being used to hold the room for my son's Honeymoon, and to be paid for by my father the day of check in.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

If I can give a zero, I will. This is beyond disappointing. My family and I stayed with one of the hotels in Delaware, the pots has residues on it, the bathroom is dirty and has some stains on it. The telephone is not even working, I have to go down to complain about it and all I get is a dishwashing liquid and not even an apology. Called customer service and they said somebody will call me back in 3 days, nobody did. Called again and spoke with a lady by the name of Kristine who was very arrogant and rude and even threatened me to close my account. No apology or anything, I asked for the number of the corporate and she said they are corporate. She said there is nothing she can do just to file a report and that's it. Very rude customer service! Will not recommend.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

No record of reservation - We booked a Hilton Hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark in March, several months ago in anticipation of a cruise from this city. The Hilton Hotel at the Copenhagen airport was sold to Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport sometime after we booked. Both I and my brother's confirmed Hilton reservation became "inactive/void".

Nobody contacted us from either hotel regarding this matter and in checking our reservation to be sure everything was set for our trip, four days prior to arrival on August 10th, we found that nobody had our original reservations. Hilton took no responsibility for this and Clarion did the same. When I called Hilton Honors, I was told that the confirmed reservation we made did no longer existed and that since the Hilton was sold to Clarion, Hilton had no further responsibility. I was told that we had to coordinate with Clarion Hotel.

Consequently, we are having to start the process again at inflated hotel rates - only a few days left till the cruise! This does not speak very highly of their customer service. I would advise others to be skeptical of the services of these two hotels, especially Hilton. I can't understand why Hilton did not advise or coordinate with us. This situation has cause both of us a lot of grief. I spent six hours on the computer searching for an adequate Hotel four days prior to our departure at prices that were much greater than what we booked on March 19th and feel that Hilton should have provide some sort of compensation. Not happy with Hilton Hotel.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

No record of reservation - We booked a Hilton Hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark several months ago in anticipation of a cruise from this city. The Hilton was apparently sold to Clarion Hotels and my reservation was made "inactive". Nobody contacted us from either hotel regarding this matter and in checking our reservation to be sure everything was set for our trip, we found that nobody had our reservation. Hilton took no responsibility for this and Clarion did the same. Consequently, we are having to start the process again at inflated hotel rates - only a few days left till the cruise! This does not speak very highly of their customer service. We will NEVER use either hotel in our travels, and we travel frequently. I would advise others to be skeptical of the services of these two hotels, especially Hilton.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Service and Theft: On Saturday July 15th, 2017, we attempted to check in at the Hilton Rome Airport. Upon my surprise as a HH Member, when I lined up in the line, they advised me it was first come first served. My wife attempted to speak to the Manager, and left her computer bag with suitcases beside me. Within 30 seconds the computer bag and contents were taken. I have not heard back from Hilton, I have filled in both a police/hotel report.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I booked a recently built hotel through Hilton Honors in Austin, Texas for three days July 4-July 7, 2017. I was charged 411.23 for the three nights. When we arrived to the hotel, there was all kind of construction materials around the building. It was locked down with signs indicating, "Keep Out Under Construction". I had to find a new hotel and pay upfront for the three days, therefore I was short of money during my trip due to their mistake. When I called the Hilton Customer Service operators, they were extremely rude and had no regards for my whole situation. I had to send copies of my bank statements to Hilton Customer Service Department, or they would not process me a refund. I received a check two weeks later through regular mail.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Arrived on the 21 of Aug 2017 to check for a family reunion. Went to our room. Me and my wife went to visit family here in Jackson MS. Get back to our room. Pull back the covers on the bed. It has lots of hair on it. Pull back the cover on the second bed. It had dirt on it. We took pictures of it. Went to the front desk to let them know. They move us to another room. Ok. Slept in that room. Woke up the next day. Went to our family reunion. Came to our room to relax from a long day and our tv didn't work. Call to the front desk to let them know we are very dissatisfied. Will never come here again. Hilton in Jackson MS and very unprofessional.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have booked many of trips where we spend enough money to be treated like regular humans. I had swore that our last stay was it due to a rude breakfast attendant to my partner and I. But against my better judgment I booked a stay in Hernando, MS for today. I always book with a prepaid card and charge my bank card when we check in. Always have done it this way. Well I get a call at 10 am and a CSR at the hotel tells me that she has to charge me the full amount before check in. I try to explain to her how I have always done it, and she tells me that's my personal problem. Appalled I called the call center to only get the phone hung up in my face twice. This by far is the worst I have ever been treated. Crazy thing is my daughter had a sleepover at this hotel in Hernando, and we booked the exact same way and didn't have a problem. I try to stay loyal to a brand but this is pure crazy. Never again.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Ok, I tell you we will not again stay at any Hilton hotel ever again! We checked in, online and it verified our DoubleTree suite at Ontario, Ca was a 950 square feet suite with a balcony with a view of the San Bernardino Mountains. Well this suite had no balcony, was 700 square feet, no trash cans, tv channels did not work (DirecTV). The bill should have been $859.00, when we checked out Saturday, I paid cash, after arguing with the front desk over the aforementioned issues and they finally agreed. Well Lo and behold I get four yes FOUR invoices at the same time, two for $1,115.00 each and two for $911.50 each, and Monday I see my bank account is charged $2,230.50 and the next day another $1,823.00 and Wed another $1,115.00 to total $5,068.00.

I just about fainted. I contact our bank, and went over everything, they opened multiple claims against Hilton, and yes I contacted Hilton, had multiple texting with them, and they finally admitted they authorized charges to me, yet would not resolve this theft. So I made a police report and contacted my bank and the bank helped me resolve this. I am blown away, and shall not ever again be a customer of any Hilton locations ever again.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I had stayed at Hilton Wild-wood hotel between 26-28 June. During entering to the Hotel at 26 June I had clearly mentioned to the front desk personal to not charge anything to my given credit card. Afterwards during check-out a different front desk personnel had informed me that they had charged the additional expenses in 28th June morning at 07:30 am to not face any problem. When I had informed the front desk personnel that I had already requested in the beginning to not charge the expenses to my given credit card, her reaction was quite interesting and unpolite. She had told me "I was not the person who you questioned to not charge anything to your credit card therefore I cannot help you."

Afterwards when I insist to pay cash instead of credit card she called her manager which was the person who I had complete my check-in operatio. When her manager came out she recognized my request and fix the problem and get the payment cash for the expenses. However I would like to inform you that I am really very upset about the above situation which I had faced from a very "Big" hotel chain. I have couple of question for above mentioned situation;

Whenever I'll decide to stay in a Hilton hotel chain, do I need find all front desk personnel one by one and inform them to not charge any expense on my given credit card? Does Hilton chain hotels consider all their customers as potential thiefs that will not pay the expenses and run away, if not why do you charge the expenses to the credit card without customer confirmation in the early morning. There should be a really sententious cause for it. (Even someone will runaway they can still charge the credit card as I know). Do I always need to think questions before staying in a Hilton hotel chain. Would you personally prefer to stay in a Hotel chain which front desk personnel prefers to not help you to solve your problem and instead blame you to not inform her/him one by one with a very rude attitude.

Original review: June 30, 2017

My husband digitally checked in. We get to the hotel and are told the room is ready, BUT for a charge of $25.00 we can check in now instead of waiting till 1:00. Why??? The room is ready now. The conversation continues to, "You can be upgraded for $40.00 daily for an Executive Suite." No, thank you. Finally, after getting loud and saying that I am appalled that guests are being robbed and we are Silver Hilton Honors members, we were allowed to check in our room without paying $25.00. It had better not show up on our credit card bill.

So, we get to the room. There's a big, bleach spot on the cushion of the little couch. The tv isn't working properly. An engineer came up and fixed it. I requested a refrigerator and was told that one would be right up. 2 minutes later the front desk calls and says a refrigerator was not available. Hilton hotels have changed drastically. I remember the time when Hiltons were the best hotels. That is not the case now. I REALLY didn't appreciate the attempt to rob me of more money for an early check in. The room was ready. I'm in Boston for a teacher's convention. We get taken advantage of enough as it is. I will complain further about this. We spent a night at a Hampton Inn, used our points, larger room, refrigerator, free breakfast every day and cheaper. Hilton Boston Logan Airport.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I had to call Hilton Hotels because they charged me parking every day at a visit in Atlanta Embassy Suites when I was on a business trip without a car. During this trip they also left my propped open, purse on counter, all day while I was at work. I came back to find it this way with no one in sight. On the call to get the refund for the parking they asked me if I would like a promotion for a 3 night stay for $111. I was reluctant but I thought what the heck, Orlando is just 3 hours drive so would be a quick vacation for my family of 6. So, the guy asked me how many people in my family and I explained that we usually stay at Embassy Suites as there are 6 of us. He said that he would have to upgrade the room to accommodate 6. I said fine. He never mentioned an additional charge. He just stated he had to upgrade. We continue to check out with him knowing I need a room for 6 and I pay the $111.

A week goes by and then I get a call from them asking me to make the reservation at which time they tell me it is for 4 PEOPLE! "What would I do with a room for 4 people", I ask. "My family is 6???" So, then they tell me that the price would be an additional $90 or something and at that point I tell them that I was not promised a room for 4. I was sold a room for 6 and if they are not going to honor that promise then they can refund the money. They told me they would review the call and get back to me. I was fine with that because I know what was on the call.

A few days go by and they call me again asking me to make the reservation. I explain that they are supposed to be processing a refund and the representative was clueless and continued to badger me about making the reservation for the non-agreed upon 4 people. This continued and I received a clueless call from them every few days to no avail. Then they started calling and saying they reviewed the call and that their representative had stated the room was for 4 people. They refuse to play this alleged recording for me but I know what was stated so clearly it is a lie. They then continue the barrage of calls with this lie denying a refund.

So I disputed the charge on my credit card for the non-agreed upon charge for something that services were never rendered. Despite this they continue the barrage of phone calls during the day while I am working. Today I notified them that I will not need to be contacted further by them and that if so it will be considered harassment and I will pursue this legally. This practice, this scam, is absolutely sickening and they should be ashamed. I will never in my life stay at another Hilton Hotel.

Original review: June 27, 2017

It's important to let persons know what my experience was like recently staying at this Hilton property. I felt strongly throughout as a woman of color that there was a completely different set of rules and overall experience for persons of color than not. Several different instances added up to what was at last the final straw in a disgraceful customer service experience.

While I witnessed someone who did not look like me have their identical transaction handled in a different fashion, where he was using loyalty points to offset the stay, had 2 service attendants taking care of his check out and several managers come out and apologize profusely and be told that they were on the phone with Hilton Honors and "taking care of it", I have had the opposite experience that started with the front desk attendants refusing to contact the Honors department (that they were "not allowed to call them), the reservations manager come out and refused to be helpful. After my insistence, the hotel manager came out and was equally unhelpful. One correlation that was very clear was that the entire staff and managers were of the same race as the guest the day before who received the opposite experience.

It is very clear to me that no one wants to or will make this right. It will be the last time this will ever happen to me again. It is very clear there are different set of rules for persons of color. It does not matter how far we have come as a society on paper. The senior leadership team at this hotel should be ashamed of what has happened here.

Original review: June 21, 2017

We were there on June 12. We were supposed to have 2 regular rooms next to each other and we were on different floors. The room was dirty and there was a bug on the bed and stains on the carpet. I took video of it and went to management to show them and they were very rude and didn't want to see it. I have been in other Hiltons and they were nothing like this. We were treated extremely poorly there.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I recently stayed at the above for a basketball tournament. The hotel was very nice and the staff was really lovely, but the billing is totally out of control. I was charged the $371.80 when I checked into the hotel - I was then charged $427.57 when I checked out of the hotel - which was the original charge, plus an incidental charge for snacks/movies I didn't buy or watch. I was then told that I wouldn't get a credit back for 3-5 business days at the least. I think it's a disgusting practice for a hotel to be able to do that. They should see that my account balance is zero when I check out - and not charge anything. I have contacted the BBB and sent an email to the hotel chain. The poor manager gets about 10 calls a week regarding this same issue. It is disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves for such a shady practice.

Original review: June 4, 2017

No hair dryer for 3 days... Mildewed ceilings... Toilet overflowing... sink stopped up... The last straw!!! There are 4 Mexican WOMEN smoking & drinking a case of beer at the pool, WITH 4 KIDS, MEAN KIDS. But they don't care that their kids are being brats, they're having a party. It's about 3 pm and they're drunk. They're not supposed to be smoking in the pool area. The staff has come out a few times, but they're ignoring it. I have a child allergic to cigarette smoke. First day at breakfast, the lady serving SNATCHED the tongs from my hand because I used the ones next to the toaster instead of the ones on the other side of the toaster, for the covered breads and English muffins that you would choose to toast. There were men's sandals at the end of one bed that we found after breakfast. The woman at the front desk had them removed.

The next day Ethan asked if I was "comped"? He said he would give me a discount. I asked for a "pot" for the coffee maker, they gave me another coffee maker, there are no "pots"??? I asked for a door sign so I could ask for the room to be cleaned when we were out of it. The sign says "DO NOT DISTURB", ON BOTH SIDES! I used it one time, the next morning when I got breakfast for my girls, still sleeping. We are only a few doors from the lobby. I made at least 3 trips and there was no one cleaning close to our room. I took the sign OFF the door when I went in. When I asked the front desk about why it wasn't cleaned, Ethan said it's noted that "You had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door". WOW! I said, they were nowhere near my room for the FEW MINUTES that sign was on the door, at about 9 am. I never used the sign again.

I actually saw a maid knock on a door 3 times saying "Room Service". She looked right at me, then opened the door, someone inside wasn't pleased and she backed out apologizing. No one ever knocked on my door. On the 3rd day I finally got a hair dryer. Every single day we had to ask for clean towels because no one ever checked our room. On Friday night we got back about 11:30 p.m. We had no clean towels and even though I told the front desk we would be out and would like to have our room cleaned, nothing had been done. EXCEPT, someone had been in our room because the fridge was sitting at an angle and the temp had been turned up. The icees we bought were melted. But nothing had been cleaned. I called the front desk and they brought us 3 towels.

I asked him to take the dirty towels. 5 minutes later the toilet overflowed, he brought back the dirty towels to mop up the floor, fixed the toilet, laid the clean towels on the floor for us to walk on. He brought back 3 more clean towels. I found a letter under my door saying they were giving me a refund of $77.00 for my trouble, out of $1,052. Which showed no comps for any other inconveniences... THIS IS NOT THE HAMPTON INN I AM USED TO STAYING AT. On the 4th-DAY, our last night, I was promised we would receive full service cleaning. We finally got our room cleaned. We were the last ones to receive service about 1:30 p.m. BUT THE BATHROOM FLOOR WAS NEVER MOPPED, and the toilet is still nasty on the bottom. OMG. I can't wait to leave.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I Checked into Hilton Washington DC in Gaithersburg this evening. We get to the room - shower is leaking, sink not working. We thought fine. We will call and get it fixed. My 5 year old wants to watch Disney movies. One front desk staff Ms. Pearl was very disrespectful and rudely disconnected phone. I called several times and she said there were school kids in that block and they disconnected it. Next another Front desk staff says he will send engineer.

After repeated calls at two different intervals an engineer shows up and is clueless. Then I call again. The great Ms. Pearl was again rude and hangs up phone. I called on her behavior and she had no courtesy or shame to even apologise. This is disgraceful to Hilton Brand. I am ashamed to be a Hilton Honors member. Then I walk up to front desk and Frederick says "server" is down and in 10 min sends another engineer. Why cannot people be honest and stop lying and trying to defend a lie. It is absolutely disgraceful to Hilton and I expect an answer and investigation.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I went to the Hilton Ajax, Ont. for my anniversary. When I arrived to my room the sheets were not made up on the bed. So not knowing they were unclean I made the bed up. Getting into bed I couldn't stop scratching and the sheets had a foul smell. I called down, let them know the sheets were dirty and weren't changed from the previous guest. They apologized, sent up new sheets which didn't fit the bed that I had to make. They brought up another set of sheets which were also dirty and smelled foul. I called down again. They brought up another set of sheets. I made the bed up only to find the sheets once again was very dirty with stains.

At this point I packed up, went downstairs, told them, "I can't stay. It's too dirty and I'm scratching a lot." Not sure if they have bed bugs. I did advises them to have the bed checked. Please note the bed has a zip on and zip off top that could be washed. I have never seen a bed like that in ten years I've been at the Hilton. The policy is if there is a problem with your stay they will refund your money. There was no manager on site. I was told I would get a call to deal with the matter. Up to this day I haven't received any calls from them. I opened a file with Hilton. I told them, "I'd like my money back and my points refunded."

I got a very rude and dismissive reply that said they are awarding me with 20,0000 points. Which is very close to the amount of points I used towards this room. I couldn't believe the treatment I got for what I went through. We ended up sleeping in the car and continued our travel in the morning. If anything my points and money should have been returned. Even though that's the policy of the hotel satisfactory rules. If anyone is planning on going there don't waste your time. I felt like I was an employee making up the bed 3 different times. Also the carpeting is so disgusting. The rooms are very unclean.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I booked this hotel by using my Thank You Reward points through my Citi Card Thank You preferred program. I thought I used 16000 points to book a room. It was for a special night with my granddaughter and the night was a disaster. After calling my Citi Card Thank you Reward program, I was told the points were not applied. The expedite company charged my PayPal account the full amount, $162.22 (if you go to the Hilton site; this hotel room is listed as $99 and reduced to $75). They overcharged me on the Expedia site. Plus the hotel applied additional charges to my credit card account; so they double charged me for a room. The Hotel Hilton is not located in the Galleria Area; it is located in SW Houston. My daughter was so upset, because the location of this hotel is in a not so good area. My daughter, which lives in Houston states the location of this hotel is near prostitutes and wild homeless people.

We check in and the front help was awful. I tried to explain to the front desk people that I am here for the night and I wanted to verify my check out time. I had information from Expedia stating that my checkout time could be 3 pm. The woman behind the counter stated that was no way I could get that check out time unless I paid $50. I informed them I would not pay the $50 and I would use the late check out time of 1 pm. They charge my card, $50. Also I ask about the complimentary breakfast. The lady behind the counter stated it was not a "honor's breakfast", it was a special kind of breakfast for "Expedia" customers. The booking details did not code me as an "honor's customers"; so my granddaughter and I was told by the lady behind the counter that we would eat a breakfast that would be good enough to prepare a cold-cut sandwich.

We made our way to the room and in the hall were dishes in the middle of the floor. We enter the room, and it was freezing, stuffy and very smelly. We checked the bathroom, and the tub area had mold (I took pictures). The internet and TV would not work. I called to inform the front desk and I was told maintenance was off for tonight and that our services may work tomorrow morning. I check out of the hotel and will not ever go there again. It was a terrible for Hilton's name to be attached to it. The atmosphere was not the 'real' feel of Hilton. I think it was a place of illegal activity. Please beware. This is not a 4 star Hilton Hotel and it is not located in the Houston Galleria area.

Hilton expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.
    • Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.
    • Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.
    • Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.
    • Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.
    • Best for: Hilton Hotels & Resorts is good for solo travelers, couples, business travelers, retirees and anyone who is looking for a full service upscale hotel.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs