Hilton Hotels
2.96/5
Based on 92 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Hilton Hotels

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 11, 2018

406 Hilton Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I needed my Hilton Honors account number. I spoke to an agent who was unable to help. I don't think she understood me. Then I was sent to another department. She was unable to help. The people on the other end either haven't been trained or don't care. Spend your money somewhere with real hospitality skills.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I am extremely unhappy with your "offshore" reservation center. I called to make a simple change to my reservation - changing from a 1 king to 2 queens and the representative was unable to match the pricing. The cost would be $50 more. I have never paid that much more for the same type of room for 2 queens vs. 1 king. She said she was unable to assist and she would not let me speak to her supervisor. She said the supervisor would give me the same response so there was no need to speak with him. I asked for names and they cannot give out last names. Her name was Novi. Basically I didn't get any help. Very dissatisfied with the customer service at that location. I called back to the actual hotel location and was helped immediately with no issue - change was made no price increase. Great customer service from Tara!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I don't even know where to start with this review. Never in my life have I been so disrespected or treated in this manner. I travel for business and have stayed at this hotel about 5 times per year for the past 3 years. I'm also a Hilton Honors member of diamond status. Anyway on the morning of 1/25/18 at 9am I was awoken by the room phone by the front desk morning manager Matt (he refused to give his last name when I complained) to be told they hadn't charged my card for the previous night (I had been staying for the week at this point). So I said, "Ok. You have my card on file. Please use it." He said, "No. You have to come down." I said, "Please give me an hour to shower and dress and I'll bring my card down." He said, "No. You have to come now." I said, "Ok but I'm getting changed first." So I hung up and went back to sleep. Sorry but I was exhausted from conferences the previous day and night.

5 mins later security pounded on my door. Started yelling in the hallway and I mean yelling telling me if I didn't open the door he would pry it open and to be honest I started getting heart palpitations since I have heart issues. I opened the door to be told I had to go downstairs immediately he saw I was half asleep, messy hair and in my PJs. I told him I needed to get dressed and there was no way I was going down in my PJs and they would have to carry me if they wanted me to go down that way.

He called the front desk on his earpiece and asked if I could be given time to dress and the manager Matt said, "No she has to come now." The security guard asked me to quickly dress but he wouldn't let me shut my room door. He stood in the hallway outside my door with the latch on it like I was a thief. Btw up until this day I had already spent $800 in hotel room charges and room service that was paid for... This mess was for a missed night that they forgot to charge me for and I had no clue because I was in conferences the previous day and my room key was swiped the previous day so if they forgot to charge me why did they redo my key to my room huh???

I quickly changed and was escorted downstairs. When I confronted the front desk manager Matt about the way I was being treated he didn't apologize, instead he tried to blame security for the way I was being treated but what he didn't know is that I had recorded his conversation with security the minute that latch went on my door so that I would have proof on how I was being treated. After I complained to the director the hotel gave me the runaround the whole day from the security director to the housekeeping director. Not one person called to apologize for the way I was treated. In fact if I recall the front desk manager Matt said in the most condescending manner "what's the big deal. It was just a mistake".

I have paid over 30K in 3 years in hotels fees to this location but because their front desk forgot to charge me a one night fee I was treated like I was a homeless bum staying there for free. I am disgusted at the way this hotel treated me. The rooms are not that great to be honest, the walls and the furniture need updating as well as repairs. Only the rooms from the 20th floor and up are renovated, the lower level floors are a mess as are the front desk and housekeeping staff and if this is how they treat loyal guests then I will take my loyal self and go to the Intercontinental Hotel down the block for a better quality room and treatment. I plan on taking this further as well as contacting the corporate offices thru my lawyer. This is just unacceptable from a hotel that has the Hilton name and one that is supposedly a reputable establishment and that front desk Manager Matt needs to go... He is the worst in customer service.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We are loyal customer to Hilton as gold member, and we were very excited regarding to the new property of Hilton Lake Como which expected to have its opening at July 1st, 2017. So we booked our Non-refundable and prepaid room on June 14, 2017 for our stay Jan 4th-Jan 6th, 2018 (yes, 6 month in advance. And it was to celebrate my husband's birthday). We were told by Mr. STEFANO ** (Hilton Lake Como) on Oct.10th, 2017 that hotel cannot be ready for our stay and Ms. LAURA ** (Hilton Lake Como) arranged us to stay with Palace Hotel at same rate as we booked with Hilton, which is 96 per night. (room type: Lake View double bed room). Our original occupancy was two and we decided to bring our two little ones with us, so we checked with Ms. LAURA ** if that is ok.

Ms. LAURA ** got back to us with options on Oct. 17th: due to the occupancy increase from 2 people to 4 people, we have to stay bigger rooms such as family room with supplement fees on top of the original arrangement. Then we told Ms. LAURA ** that we will contact Palace Hotel regarding to the occupancy and options. Then Palace Hotel agreed us to stay in the same room (Lake View double bed room) with two kids without any additional supplement fees. On the date we checked out: We were requested to pay the full amount of room charge as they cannot reach Hilton office at that moment due to holidays (They also gave us a copy of email communication between Palace Hotel and Hilton: when Hilton made booking for our stay, Hilton did indicate that they will pay 104 per night while the guest remains to pay 96 per night, same rate as we paid Hilton).

They asked me to ask for reimbursement at 104 per night from Hilton. We didn't agree and but no choice. Apparently Hilton should take care of this, so we decide to contact Hilton. When we came back, my husband emailed Mr. STEFANO ** regarding to this matter on Jan 11st, but he said that we were paying 104 extra to stay in Family room and Hilton still pays the difference at 110 per night (family room cost 310 - guest responsibility 200.) This is not what I was told when I checked out, neither the bill I receive at Place Hotel. Not even mentioned that we stayed in Lake view double room (listed in the bill), not family room that Mr. STEFANO ** mentioned. I was so confused, so I emailed Palace Hotel for specific explanation in email so that I can prove to Hilton. Palace Hotel confirmed that the total cost of our stay is 200 euro per room as the original quote Hilton.

I have emails Mr.STEFANO ** with this info, but he never got back to me. Conclusion 1. The booking confirmation from Palace Hotel that Hilton sent to us was listed 96 per night, and we had for Palace Hotel approval to have our two little one stay with us without any extra cost. We only needed to pay what we agreed and Hilton should still pay 104 per night to Palace Hotel as arranged. 2. I am hoping Mr. STEFANO ** can explain the covering cost of 110. I sent email with all the proof to him on Jan 12th and Jan 16th, but for some reasons no one ever response my email. (I have also sent a copy to LakeComo_Reservations@hilton.com too, so even Mr. STEFANO ** is on vacation at least someone should take care of this.)

I think someone is not telling the truth but at least I have email from Palace Hotel to clarify. Hilton could have done better on this and I am still trying to get assistance to investigate on this case and get it fixed (I tried to email GM of Hilton Lake Como too.) We always choose Hilton due to the reputation, our trust on Hilton and past pleasant experience. We have celebrated a lot of important moment with Hilton, my kids' birthday, anniversary, New Year's Eve, my husband's birthday... etc. This is the first time ever, I am very disappointed with Hilton brand hotel, we spent so much time on this simple booking and still cannot get it fixed. And when we spent 1 hr during our check out in Palace Hotel, it was the day of my husband's birthday, terrible.

I don't blame Hilton Lake Como as if the property cannot be completed by July 1st 2017 as expected. But this relocation arrangement is just bad and not honest to the guest (Not even mention the Hilton relocation/walk policy indicate that the first night even should be complimentary if they failed their promise to confirm reservation guest, I wasn't offered this. I cannot even get the price difference they promised to offer.) (I will more than happy to prove receipt, screenshot of email communication, etc).

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The facility in Houston Texas was nice and the workers were helpful and professional. The room was nice and clean. But they could improve the food. Breakfast was not good at all. Other than food it was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Hilton is a nice place to stay. The hotel in Puerto Rico and New York were very clean. The restaurants are good, the service is good, but if you are looking for something super luxurious I would not call the Hilton that.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Embassy Suites - I received extremely poor treatment and customer service. I contacted the general manager about an extra fee that was charged to my acct and he (Bill **) was extremely unprofessional. He was very defensive and talked over me as I attempted to express my concerns. He gave me the number to his direct supervisor, who was unresponsive and failed to return my call.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

It's the best hotel I've ever been in. This is the Doubletree Hilton in Downtown Detroit. It is a suite hotel and the rooms are twice as big as any other hotel I've stayed in. I needed an accessible bathroom and it was wonderful! I will never stay anywhere else.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

From the moment I arrived at the Rockville, Maryland location, customer service was outstanding from changing our rooms to be away from the ice machine to checking out a work bag left in the hallway.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Best deal for raise ship passengers. Staff in Tampa Fl is very pleasant, nice to have a decent Lobby to sit in or have coffee, lunch. Although the temperature in Lobby was much too cold. Shuttle service is a welcome add on.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

We arrived at 4 pm, a group of 9, the front desk at the Hilton Hotels Sedona, AZ stated they didn't have our rooms ready but they would be together. When we went back to re-check-in they didn't give us rooms together and promised they would the next day. The next day they did it again. The lights went out for 9 hours and the front desk didn't give not one courtesy call and were rude to us when we called to inquire. They never did one thing to make us a happy customer.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Very easy check in at the Hilton Phoenix AZ, rooms totally updated and clean. Check out and billing all easy to understand. Employees are trained very well and pleasant to be around.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

It was a very pleasant stay at the Ponce, Puerto Rico location. Since you get there you feel appreciated. The check in is easy and the personnel is very helpful. At the buffet they do all you need to be pleased and make you feel VIP.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Staff in Smyrna, TN was excellent but digital key, not so much. Room was comfortable and slightly larger than Hampton Inn. But free breakfast at Hampton would cause me to go there next time.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

If you're there for a conference, be prepared for long walks. The rooms in St. Louis, MO are nice, but it would be helpful to have a bureau in the room instead of shelves in the closet.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

We stayed at the LAX Hilton ($ 175,- a night) believing that we had booked a "Luxury Hotel". Actually we received better service from some $ 40,- Motels and Hilton would not address any of the issues. Just a standard email saying "we apologize and hope to see you again soon". This is what happened: On their website they showed an awesome lobby area not mentioning that the entire area was closed due to construction. Very deceptive, especially because we booked this hotel because it looked so impressive on the pictures. We were not even able to find the entrance which was actually from behind the hotel (where they do the deliveries and pick up the trash).

Receptionist was too stupid to program the keycards. We had to come down from the 10th floor again after a long flight and being totally exhausted. The hotel does not have dual pane windows. If you get a room facing the runways you feel like the planes are flying right through your room. We stayed at the Red Roof Inn right at the Ontario Airport runways (for $ 50,- a night) and were not able to hear any noise at all. Bathroom was dirty with rusted fixtures and missing basic amenities which any cheap motel supplies (like shampoo or body wash). Someone opened the door at 10am while I was in the shower - housekeeping?? We did not get any credit for this stay because we booked on Expedia. Anyway, we don't need the credit because this was definitely our last stay at any Hilton hotel. They simply don't care about their "Hilton Honors" members. Next time it is going to be Hyatt or Marriott.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I contacted the Hilton Reservations number in December 2017 to book a hotel for one night in Palm Springs, California, for Christmas Eve 2017. The agent I spoke to encouraged me to book with Hilton directly instead of Expedia as Hilton would price-match the lower rate on Expedia. She said because this was price-matched, it would take a day for the confirmation to come through. The next day, I find out from an email that not only did Hilton not honor the price they said they would give me, they locked me in at a much higher rate than the Expedia price and made it nearly impossible for me to cancel my reservation.

After speaking to their Guest Assistance department for 2 hours, I managed to get the reservation cancelled. I appealed to several employees and supervisors on the phone that their treatment of me was unfair; but they did nothing to rectify the situation or apologize. There was no responsibility and no accountability by Hilton in this situation. I would have been better off just booking with Expedia from the beginning. One of the more insulting elements of whole situation was that Hilton never sent me a confirmation for my hotel reservation. I had only received an email that the price they promised me would not be honored. This was a very stressful and unfortunate experience.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

It was one of the best stays we have had. The easy check-in, the friendly welcome from the desk clerk, the size and cleanliness of the room, a REAL refrigerator for the baby's bottle and food, and the terrific array of breakfast foods - it all added up to a comfortable and carefree weekend in Milford, Ohio.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Arriving parking lot at San Jose, CA was full of trash. The parking lot lights were not bright and glass doors were dirty. There was no place close to get ice. Has to go to the bar for ice. The room was comfortable, ok. It was neat, clean, no problem.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

It was an excellent stay of 2 nights at Bothell, Wa, far better than anticipated. Near the freeway, but surprising was not noisy. They were doing a remodel of the first floor which I thought about when I awarded 4 rather than 5s.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We were received with courtesy and professionalism in Boulder, CO. The rooms were roomy with all the necessities. Each morning we were treated with breakfast, easy check. Wonderful!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Nice and clean room, good location in the city... Very helpful staff. Good to have included breakfast with eggs and coffee. Well done. Good points club.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The check-in process at San Francisco was too rushed and impersonal: no smiles, quick greeting that seemed forced, lines of people squiggly for everywhere. Once I got settled in my room, I felt okay but still a little concerned about the chaotic check-in. The convenience of a lobby coffee bar is a plus, though you still have a view of the rush check-in area. The room was decent and clean. Overall: B+ rating.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Our reservations had been canceled at the Garden Inn because of a power outage so Homewood Suites in Albany, New York was able to accommodate on a moment's notice. We had to deal with the key card not working as a result of a power outage that had occurred earlier.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Comfortable, clean, good service, welcoming. Good food, great amenities. Children friendly, family friendly. Professional in service delivery in Honolulu.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Our room at the hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii was on the 19th floor and we had a peek of the beach, we did have a balcony that had a good view of the hotel across the street and there were a group of high school girls staying there.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We were sad to learn there's no hot tub for guests! We were told management was considering getting one! It would of made our visit perfect! Other than that we loved the place at Fairfax, VA!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Have stayed at the DoubleTree Cathedral CITY several times. The first 2 times I wasn't treated kindly with respect to my service dog. They were unaware of laws and were very rude when checking us in. I eventually spoke to a manager and was made whole again. Overall terrific!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Great old building with good Executive Club, convenient location on the lakefront and also near my tailor and several restaurants we enjoy. This was in Chicago. However, parking has gotten too expensive and management is not as good as the Peninsula, but what is!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

After arrival at Hilton in Venice, Italy we needed a lunch and so went to the hotel dining room. Would you believe $50 for a club sandwich? And then they had the guts to charge a $3/person table charge on top of that. As we left they screwed up the bill and couple charge one of us. We got it straightened out but it took two weeks and numerous emails. Nice hotel but grossly overpriced.

Hilton expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.

• Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.

• Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.

• Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.

• Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.

• Best for: Hilton Hotels & Resorts is good for solo travelers, couples, business travelers, retirees and anyone who is looking for a full service upscale hotel.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www3.hilton.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use