Hilton Hotels

Hilton Hotels

3.2/5 (1407 ratings)

About Hilton Hotels

Hilton Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: April 26, 2022

I travel a lot for work, and Hilton is usually my hotel of choice. There have been good experiences and bad experiences, but what is most disappointing is the fact that being a diamond member means nothing. My last stay in Rochester, NY, at the Double Tree was a let down. The staff were indifferent to the point of dismissive at times, I had to ask for water and reluctantly was given one, I asked for an upgraded room but was told there was none available (which I understand), but the manager in response to the online review I answered was patronizing at best offering 750 points the next time I stay. I am also a Marriott member and will certainly start using them as my primary hotel now. My last stay in Rochester was at the Residence Inn where the staff were absolutely wonderful and the stay a pleasure.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Hilton has gone downhill! A/c not working, Internet not working and when it does it slow, ice machines not working, smell of rotten food in garbage at elevator lobby, was given a garbage bag for ice, a/c filter Filthy. I have pictures, complained to GM and ask the GM to walk with me to show the problems, refused to walk through with me, I guess this is so they can say they never saw anything. This is out of control, these companies make themself so big they think they can't fail. My wife and I always look for Hilton hotel - we even got married in one. Personally I will never do business with any of their chains again. This is sad for me because I used to build and rebuild hotels. Do yourself a favor and get a Airbnb. Louis

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I booked a “fine hotel” through Amex platinum. Doubletree Hilton Orlando. The photos and reviews are deceiving because if you are staying in the actual towers it is nice. But they forget to show you photos of their “villas” and what they look like inside. When the tower is booked, they put the overflow of people in their villas and charge the same price. I was in villa 3 on the bottom floor. The rug was soaking wet in multiple spots, the room was dirty and when I pulled the sheet back there was bugs with wings and were jumping around the bed. They offered another room but I just canceled and stayed somewhere else. So I had to take an Uber and find another hotel at 10 pm.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I called the Hilton Honors toll-free telephone number to change the payment of an upcoming reservation. The person I spoke to did not seem to understand what I was trying to do so I said, "Just forget it. I will call back at a later time." About five minutes later I received an email my reservation was canceled. I logged into the app to try to rebook this reservation because it's for upcoming travel to another country however the room is no longer available. I sent an email to Hilton about this and after 3 days I heard back from them, they said they would look into it. 10 days have passed since then and nothing.

Original review: March 14, 2022

At first glance this hotel looks grand and has the potential to be grand. This hotel is under renovation, there are active construction all around the property. I am working from this hotel and check in was horrible. I arrived at 3:45 check in is at 4pm I wasn't allowed to check in as a Hilton Honors member until exactly 4 pm. No information about my stay was provided and the whole process was unorganized and chaotic. My sons tried to use the gym and were harassed by security. I rented two suites. Aesthetically at first glance the rooms look pleasing. The bathroom is very old with a rusted bidet. The bathroom fans are extremely loud and you cannot turn on the light without turning on the fan. TV did not work upon check-in, blinds broken. Not the type of experience I was hoping for. I am very disappointed and will not be booking this hotel again. Staff rude and unresponsive. Save your money and go to a better managed hotel.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

First of all, I got stranded at the airport in Windhoek, Namibia. I already had to shell out extra money for a new plane ticket and I needed to now find a hotel for the night. If you have been to Windhoek you know the airport is far from the city. I called a few hotels asking about free shuttle. Most said no but the Windhoek Hilton said yes when I called their 1-800 booking number. I asked them to call the hotel directly to be sure since so many other hotels did not offer this service. They put me on hold, came back on and said yes, the hotel confirmed a free shuttle. Then I called the hotel myself a 3rd time now to re-confirm and they said, "Yes, no problem." So, they picked me up and when I got to the hotel they charged me 380NAD (~$25 USD) for the ride. Are you kidding me? After I verified it 3 times with them that it was supposed to be complimentary??

The next morning I had to go back to the airport and they could not reach their normal driver so they gave me the WhatsApp number of some random guy that could take me to the airport but I had to arrange it myself. That cost me 300NAD. Mind you this all happened last October 1st and they are still fighting with me refusing to refund my transport money. They are only wanting to refund me the 380NAD because that was what was charged to my room. Not my fault their regular guy wasn't available and I had to arrange the transport back to the airport MYSELF. What was I supposed to do once I was there at their hotel, walk back to the airport.

This is a major, worldwide hotel chain and this is how they treat their guests for less than $50USD. I will never stay at a Hilton and I will make sure this review gets on EVERY social media platform there is. This is ridiculous. Stay somewhere else. If you have a problem, they won't back you up. Also, there was tons of noise and construction happening in the hotel and I barely got any rest on top of everything else. Super disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Their reservationists do not have answers relating to future stay policies. And they do not know where to forward my calls so I get the correct answer. They forwarded me to HGVC who have been totally non responsive for A FULL WEEK. So, no answer/solutions from Hilton, and total no response from HGVC (Hilton Grand Vacations Club). Very very poor service all around.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

We had the misfortune of staying in this HOMEWOOD - MOTEL in 2536 W Beryl Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021. A completely disastrous hotel from the point of view of: location, infrastructure and personnel. We begun the check in with an arrogant, rude and unfriendly lady. You will be shocked by the filthiness in your room (looks like one of those Motel of wild west movies from the 60es – just sold for 200US$ per night).

The noise coming from the multiple levels highways 50 feet away is even more shocking and the cracked glasses of this motel will make sure you do FEEL the car darting at 85 MPH over your head will allow for an “amazing” night. We knew this was going to be a difficult night. Despite being deadly tired and using earplugs, we could not sleep. The level of noise of the motorbikes, the cars, pickup trucks and 18-wheelers in pure acceleration on the highway, the frontage road and the entire main crossing road was just too much

In order to escape the noise (the hotel was allegedly fully booked) we had to improvise a bed in the filthy bathroom (using the bathroom door to protect against the room noise).

The next day, we asked (twice) to talk to Mr **, allegedly the Motel General Manager. He did not even bother to show up and sent instead some associate manager (Stephanie?), who – In unison the receptionist of the previous night- was un-empathic and pretty much USELESS: She did NOTHING to show a bit of understanding or reaction. After two days of silence we sent a note to Mr. **. He pretended of not even knowing us (Diamond members since 1995) nor did he do bother answering the detailed complaints we sent him.

Solutions:
    - Tear down the hotel completely.

- Send home the General Manager immediately. Together with half of his staff.

We sent a formal complaint to BBB to get the money back, plus a refund for the pain and sufferance caused by the room and the people and finally requesting removal of the management

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Family Friendly? Nope. Pool closes at 10pm? Nope! Try 9:50. At least that was the time hotel security proceeded to make my entire Family feel like we were trespassing by shining a high beam flashlight in our eyes with demands to get out of the pool. My Son Showed the security guard his phone displaying 9:55 pm and he proceeded to raise his voice and demand he leaves. We immediately contacted the evening manager, Phedrag?? Who apologized but backed the security. Evidently, security is following strict directions of this hotel’s management. Don’t take out your past pool challenges on today’s guests. We are just trying to relax after a long day… You know, your guests…your customers. Breakfast is subpar at best and thank you restaurants across the street.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Am having quite a few problems with Hilton Brunswick and with Priceline. Both Priceline and the hotel charged me for 2 rooms for my stay on 10/20/2021. I made a reservation through priceline. When we arrived at the Hilton they could not find the reservation. After about an hour talking with both priceline and the hotel I thought it was resolved. I wanted 2 rooms. 1 of myself and 1 for my son John who has terminal cancer. Now I'm being charged by both priceline and from the hotel for both rooms. After about 2 hours on the phone today between the 2, I have only secured 1 room refund from priceline. This hotel charged me a no show and will not issue any refund. This is not acceptable and I'm expecting a refund for the other room charge no show. I guess for John both of these rooms were under my name and charged to my card.

Hilton author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.

• Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.

• Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.

• Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.

• Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.

Hilton Hotels Company Information