3.77/5

537 Hilton Hotels Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My husband and I recently stayed 8 nights at the Homewood Suites in Tempe/Asu Area. What a wonderful experience we had there. From Ryan **, to the asst. managers, Van drivers and housekeeping, we had the best care and attention you could ask for. We would especially like to think Ryan for his assistance in getting tickets to the Waste Management Golf Tournament. Not only did he help us but when he was given tickets to the Pro/Am on Wed. he gave them to us. The evening meals were always great and just what we needed after a day of golf. We are Hilton Honors members and have been to many Hilton Hotels but this was probably our best experience with Hilton ever. Thank you for making our vacation just what we needed. The Weather was just perfect also! We needed that! Thanks so much.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

There were no amenities such as cocktails, chocolates, or extras, but there was water in the room and a small gift shop where toiletries. Seattle does not have good hotels and many have bed bugs there. This hotel was old but clean. The public areas were nice, and there was a coffee shop and bar on premises, but the rooms were very scuffed up and dampish. However, they were clean. The DoubleTree used to be the premier for the Hilton brand, but now is the lowest category of the hotel brand.

It was okay (3 star), but definitely not a 4 star hotel. Our Texas hotels are just soooooo much better (usually). There are some in Austin that are an exception, but by and large the Hill Country hotel chains, such as around Marble Falls, are much nicer than even the best rated in Seattle. Check out the La Quinta and Hampton Inn in Marble Falls. Those are beautiful hotels, that give you a glass of wine on check-in, free breakfast, sandwiches, stunning views of the lake, and a beautiful pool area with fireplace, etc. Check out the San Luis, Galvez, and Tremont in Galveston, or the Hilton Clear Lake. Customers get much more for much less here.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

When the volcano was erupting on the Big Island of Hawai'i, I guess vacationers cancelled their reservations enough that Hilton sent out a special email to their Honors members. For the cost of just the room, they INCLUDED: Breakfast and Dinner, ALL drinks (alcoholic or not), hotel fee, parking fee, the luau. As we have always wanted to stay at their Waikoloa location, we jumped on this special! The location, grounds, landscaping, and artwork are like a dream! Everywhere you go, inside and out, there are paintings, vases, statues, tapestries, waterfalls, flowers...everything to truly awe you! Being right on the ocean, only about a 20 min. drive North of the airport, the location is one you will never tire of...sunsets were different every single night! I feel their most attractive offering is their lagoon, which is also open to the ocean, yet protected from large sea creatures.

It has a great sand beach, a beautiful waterfall, and the lagoon depth varies from just a few feet to maybe 10-15'. Snorkeling is a dream, and you can easily see the same fish, turtles that you normally have to take special trips for. They also rent water bicycles, pedal boats and kayaks for this area. They have several pools, also, around the grounds - one even just for adults. There are also several slides into them. Because the grounds are so spread out, there is a tram and boats that use a special "moat" to get from one location to another. But, you can also easily just walk to any location. I guess the only drawback I found, even tho' not personally needing it, was somewhat limited access to everything for handicapped persons. Maybe you can get everywhere, but not always the most directly. Going over the boat "moats" to get to the beach and some of the pools, are somewhat high arched bridges that have steps only.

Also, even though there are elevators in all buildings, sometimes their locations aren't necessarily near where you may need to be. There are quite a few restaurants on the premises, with tastes for everyone. There is an ice cream shop, a hamburger place, a brewery type bar, an excellent Italian restaurant (Nui) that also makes take out pizza, a Hawaiian/Mexican Cantina, a breakfast restaurant, and one "posh" restaurant that we never bothered with (All dress is definitely casual). I must say, I am glad we had all inclusive food and drinks, as their prices at all the food places were kind of high, even for Hawai'i (Note: if you can still get all inclusive vouchers, you are still personally responsible for the automatically added on tax and 18% tip). The portions of food and drinks, though were extremely generous, so if you were paying for it, you could easily just order one food portion and share it with someone else.

As this is a destination resort, it is NOT that near any towns, (Kona is about a 35 min. drive away) but within walking distance, are 2 shopping centers, that also have restaurants if you chose to not eat on location. They have a luau 3 times a week, that includes a buffet dinner and musical and dancing entertainment. You also get either a fresh lei (ladies) or nut necklace (men). The food is plentiful, with offerings for meat eaters, and vegetarians, alike. The entertainment was very well done - not "cheesy". Our actual room was spacious, and they all have outside balconies with different, but beautiful views. I wouldn't consider it "luxurious", but clean, neat, well kept - not in need of any "repairs". We were in the Ocean Tower...maybe the Palace Tower might be more "luxurious", but since we only used the room to sleep in, we were quite satisfied.

They do have either valet or self parking, but both require daily costs - NO free parking. They also have a wedding chapel that looks out over the ocean bay, if you're so inclined! All the staff that we interfaced with were very polite, friendly and knowledgeable. All in all, this was a dream vacation (we stayed 11 days), and we have traveled extensively both in the US and internationally. I can definitely recommend it!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I don't usually write many reviews, but I wanted to take a minute to thank one of the mangers for his help. Giuseppe **, I recently stayed at Double Tree By Hilton Venice North on September 4, and had booked the wrong room and needed another room. He was gracious enough to fix my problem. I would have rebooked but it was past the cut off time. I have stayed a few times at this property, they have always had great staff and the restaurant is excellent. I would suggest this property to anyone interested in seeing more of this part of Italy than just the island of Venice. Easy to get Padua and other destinations. Thanks for a great stay.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We used the Hilton Waikoloa's pool and slide while vacationing at the HGV Kingsland. The property was really overwhelming and quite huge. They had a train and boat to get around since it was so big. Our girls loved the slide at the pool and also swimming with the dolphins. The lagoon kiosk rented some snorkels which was very easy since there were no waves inside the lagoon. Lots of turtles there! Food was the only downside as it is very expensive. But I guess it was expected since it is Hawaii. We would love to return once they have the Oceans Tower timeshares built for the HGV Club. Especially with the ocean views!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: June 24, 2019

I am a long term stay at hotels throughout the country, I am currently staying at the Homewood Suites... Going on over a year. Hilton will not honor my points, I cannot get base points, bonus points, or promotional points... I have talked to almost everyone at Hilton till I am blue in the face. DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME, unless you enjoy being frustrated.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I made a reservation for June 21st 2019 for my brother's funeral and I booked two rooms for my family at the Hilton Garden Inn in Chesapeake/Suffolk on Harborview drive. When I entered the building confused because the dining tables were blocking the entry and I could not see the service desk. I arrived at 1:15 pm to see if any rooms were available for early check-in since I had a viewing at 4 pm. The clerk at the front desk informed me that they were fully booked the day before and their housekeeping had not had time to complete cleaning and no rooms were available. She reminded me smugly that check-in is really at 3 pm. She told us we could come back in an hour to check.

We thought we would try to find a seat in their lounge to wait, but there were no seats available. The lounge area too small to accommodate us with few seats available for any person. Returned at 2:30 pm to check if any rooms were available, but there was one only. I had similar experiences with my colleagues in Oregon and other states since I travel for business; however, I thought I would try Hilton once again. I am sorry to say their service has not changed and they do little to accommodate their customers. I would not give them a one star if I could.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I will make this short and sweet. I had a terrible start to what should have been the best weekend of my life. I had a scheduled a beach wedding at the Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach. I began planning the wedding about 6 months in advance. I arranged for a package that included ceremony, reception with food and beverage packages, and a block of rooms. The first problem when I arrived on the evening of May 31 for my June 1 wedding, is that they did not have a reservation for me, the bride.

I was supposed to have that room for that night and a honeymoon suite for Saturday night (which I had to pay for too even though their packages include a suite if you purchase a meal package. My meal package was customized, so they said it didn't count.... even though I'm spending thousands of dollars with you, OK). Most of my guests had already checked in or were in the process of checking in while I stood at the desk in frustration and horror. BTW, the hotel was completely booked that weekend.

Anyway, someone had put a room aside for whatever reason, and so they gave that room to me.... at the REGULAR rate and did not apply my Hilton Honors points! Anyway, there were other issues with the room, stay and ceremony that I will not address here. I wrote an email to Hilton because I didn't want to give them a negative review. I love the Hilton brand and have been a faithful customer of theirs for years. I received a response from guest correspondence (Ms. Richellene **) on 6/12/2019. She expressed her sorrow for my experience and stated she would address my concerns with the hotel and to allow 3 business days for them to respond directly to me.

On 6/18, I had not heard anything, so I responded to her email stating that I was disappointed that no one had reached out to me when I tried to handle this under the radar. Today is 6/20/2019 and I have received nothing. Not a response from Ms. ** nor Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach. Very disappointed in their handling (more like lack of handling) this matter. I travel a lot, unfortunately, not sure that I can conscientiously continue spending my hard earned money with a brand that cannot even give me the dignity of a response to a complaint. Had my issue been addressed, this review would have been completely different. BTW... my wedding coordinator, Krista, was awesome!

Original review: June 18, 2019

This hotel meet our needs for this visit. Near the Astros ballpark made it convenient. The hotel is centrally located for visiting all areas of Houston if you have a vehicle. While no restaurant there were made restaurants nearby.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I booked this hotel through Expedia. I booked a King Suite oceanfront room and when I got to the hotel I was checked into a room that had no hot water and the water would just cut off when you attempted to turn it to hot. I contacted the front desk about this and they sent a maintenance man up that stated they were not supposed to rent that room out because the hot water had to be turned off because of pipe issues. I informed the front desk of this and told them I wanted a new room that was the same as what I booked and paid more than 800.00 for. The lady at the front desk had the audacity to tell me I could stay in the room with no hot water and they would give me a discount. So they still wanted me to pay them over 400.00 dollars to stay in a room for 2 days with no hot water. So I suppose I was supposed to be unhygienic for 2 days on a hot beach, lovely customer care.

Then they said they were all booked so they could put us in a double queen room. What the what. If I wanted a double queen room that is what I would have booked. I told them that they should provide a discount for my inconvenience because the room was not equivalent to the room I was originally put in and paid for. All they were willing to offer was some stupid certificate for a free nights stay at a Hampton Inn. Then the Assistant General Manager Lynn tells me the next day that she can give me 2 for both nights stays but no discount because Expedia is hard to work with. All lies since Expedia contacts them later as you will see and they are the ones that won't compromise. Come on people get your stories straight. The day before I could get a heavy discount to stay in a room with no damn hot water and today I can't.

I contacted Expedia and they contacted the hotel and they told them a blatant lie that "According to the hotel, they have not heard any complaint from you while you were staying at their property. Due to this, they had denied your refund request." Well I will be damned if they hadn't gotten a complaint from me then why the hell do I have these certificates for a free stay in one of these hotels that by the way if I use I still have to pay the taxes and fees. I hate Hilton brand hotels. They are a bunch of liars and thieves.

Expedia contacted them back and apparently they all of the sudden they now know who I am. This is the response that came from Expedia. "Our record shows that one of our customer service representative already coordinated your request with Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City Beach-Beachfront and despite of our efforts to negotiate with them, they have denied our refund request. As much as we want to assist you, Expedia is subject to the rules and restrictions of the vendors whose services we sell. We act only as an agent for their product and do not have the authority to override or to change their policies. We operate under the policies of the vendors whose services we sell."

This corporation ought to be ashamed of themselves treating customers like this. It is amazing to me that they could provide a discount for putting me in a room that they never should have rented out in the 1st place but now they cannot provide anything. Their business practices leave much to be desired. Thanks for ruining my vacation. The double queen rooms are small, the beds were hard and the side of the hotel we got stuck at was by the elevators and loud. Only thing good about this place is the location.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My husband and I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Pioneer Square Seattle Washington. Unfortunately my husband left his hearing aids in our room and did not realize it until we got to the airport two hours later. I immediately called Hilton and told them what had happened and was told to file a report on Chargerback.com which I immediately did. I knew exactly where we had left them in the room. They were on the desk next to the bed. After waiting three days I still had not heard back from anyone so I called the hotel again. I have been transferred from person to person and receiving voicemail only.

I finally reached the lost and found department this morning and talked to a very nice and helpful gentleman that worked nights security. He told me that he knew exactly what I was talking about and that he had logged the hearing aids in and that they had been found. He said I would need to call back the hotel after the lost and found department opened and tell them how to ship the items back to me. Unfortunately I have been trying all day and have not been able to get this done. There is never an answer in the lost and found department. Our stay at the Embassy Suites was fabulous and the service was awesome. It is the personnel in the lost and found department that I am totally upset about.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I received a phone call from an individual who advised me that my home phone number was being used as reference when Hilton Hotels markets their hotels and promotions. This was interesting as I had received a Hilton Hotel robocall about a week earlier, and hung up on the call once I realized it was not a local call as it shown on the caller ID screen. When I tried to contact Hilton Hotels corporation HQ, while the corporate number (703-883-1000) works, caller cannot talk to an individual unless caller knows the name of an individual or has their extension. Thus Hilton Hotel management hides behind their automated phone system, while their marketing teams use consumers' private phone number to spam other consumers' same area. Yet if one reads Hilton Hotels values, they talk about their integrity..."Do the right thing, all the time". Seems like some group in the corporate structure has not read and internalized the Hilton Hotel values.

Original review: May 28, 2019

We stayed at the Embassy Suites-San Diego Downtown for 3 nights. Two of the days the bathtub was not draining and the hair dryer in the room was not working: I called the front desk at least 3-4 times for each issue, and sent an email to the hotel manager, Omar **, and personally spoke with him. These issues were not resolved until the evening we departed the hotel.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I used my points to book for 5 nights in a King deluxe. Confirmed. But after few days when log on it somehow has changed to 2 single. Call the Platinum center and put to some US lady. She tried to solve it but after more than one hour I gave up. Next day I call the the platinum number but this time diverted to INDIA. First I can hardly understand what he is talking about. Ask to speak manager. Was refused. He go on mumblings in extreme bad spoken English. I hung up after 25 minutes.

Call again next day. Very helpful lady in Philippines put me to US. This guy is really a typical con man approach. I told him the problems. And confirm with me that I am using points. He said " Ok fix" and goes on to tell me because of the trouble I gone thru Hilton will give me 50000 points so can he put me to his manager to get my details. His put me to this con man. Ask me a lot of questions and finally try to pressure me a Hilton membership. When refused he rudely hung up. No points. Come on Hilton. You will lost me as a Platinum member after this 10 nights of my bookings. I will go back to Marriott (I am also PLT member of this chain). I will give you guys a miss next bookings. Unless you employ less con men. And by the way I have not authorized the stay to be debited my AMX Centurion cards. Points understand not $$$$$$$$.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Received email of inactivity on account. However, I had stayed at a Hilton Hotel the same month. Contacted them and found they had two accounts for me. When I asked to have the two accounts combined into one they said I would have to create a third account. Don't plan on using Hilton Honors points for anything. Go with a more reputable points program with other hotels.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Disgusting rooms! In the span of 40 hours we found 3 cockroaches bigger than an inch. We couldn’t sleep because we were so uncomfortable and feared waking up with a roach on our face. On top of that we had to request new towels twice because they were always dirty. We spoke to the front desk and she said she would speak to her manager to give us a full refund of both nights to leave with peace because the manager was busy but she was going to communicate that with her manager. We later got a phone call to the manager that was very hostile from the beginning. The manager accused us of lying and refused to give us any refund and instead offered us points. We refused the offer and said we wanted a refund because that is what is promised at the front desk both in writing and verbally from an employee. We are disgusted and disappointed from Damian ** for first accusing us of lying and not complying with company policy.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have been a Hilton Honors member since 2000. Last year I was given the status of Diamond for Life as I have spent over 1200 nights in Hilton hotels. I can tell you that this status means absolutely nothing to the individual hotels or corporate. A couple of weeks ago I wrote to Hilton regarding a change to the points program with Amazon. Just a simple question and I did this on the main Hilton site under their contact section. No response.

A week later I sent a 2nd email on their website with the same question. No response. I then called their Hilton Honors helpline and spoke with a representative and asked that her manager contact me to discuss the lack or response from the emails. No response. Now I was on an mission. I went online and sent a 3rd email using the same form on their contact page and that one went through. So I went from having a simple question to being totally ignored. NOTE: The executive assistant I eventually talked to told me that those first two emails were not received. There is no way to know that.

NEW ISSUE. Then I noticed I hadn't received credit for the two nights I stayed that week. After waiting over a week I contacted both hotels (Hilton UAB and Hampton Panama City Beach at the west end of the strip) and left messages for the general managers. No response. Today I looked and my balance reads in the negatives. Hilton is blaming a vendor and said my points should post no later than late July. This is mid May.

So I went looking for the senior level executives on a website called Elliot Advocacy to see if they could help. I found the contact information for the CEO at Hilton and the Senior Director for Customer Service and sent an email to them. One of their assistants contacted me by phone and email with 24 hours. He answered my question regarding Amazon but by then there were two new issues: Missing points and a TOTAL LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE ON SO MANY LEVELS! This is a corporate culture issue that is not going to change until some of these executives wake up and see that customer loyalty comes from customer service.

If a person is loyal to a brand for 20 years that should mean something. Not to Hilton. So this Hilton Honors Diamond for Life is looking for a new travel partner. Starting this week I am staying at the airport Marriott in Miami and a Courtyard in Greenville. I have no status with Marriott but that can't be all bad. Status did nothing for me at Hilton.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I called the front desk of the Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati Blue Ash. The woman who answered was extremely rude when I couldn't think of the name of the Honors Program and then I asked her name and she hung up on me. That was after she had me on hold for 1/2 hour. I called back and she asked what I wanted and I said, "Some customer service please". And then she hung up on me again. I called back a few more times but she picked up and hung up without saying anything so I would be disconnected. I would have love to have had her name so that I could complain about her. Then I called main reservations finally and the person I spoke to wasn't from the US and I had to respell everything multiple times because she couldn't understand my American English. Then we got disconnected. I am tired from the whole experience and still don't have the reservation taken care of. :(

Original review: May 19, 2019

Use only as a last resort. First, while checking in, I had to permit them to "authorize" an additional $50.00 charge to my credit card for "incidentals". I was NEVER required to do this at any Hilton or other branded chain I've ever stayed at, either domestic or international. The staff does a decent job of keeping the place as clean as possible, but the facility is showing its age, including one of the two elevators which was not operational. While they have Ptac AC units (through the wall individual room type) the room always got excessively warm after midnight, then cooled down at about 6am. There are potential reasons for this, but be aware. I will never use this facility again.

Original review: May 16, 2019

HILTON LAKE LAS VEGAS RESORT & SPA. 1610 LAKE LAS VEGAS PARKWAY, HENDERSON, NEVADA, 89011, USA. TEL: +1-702-567-4700 FAX: +1-702-567-4618. May 10th, 2019. Absolutely horrible. Was just there wondering outside, the main area of Lake Las Vegas, had my video camera with me and captured some nice footage outside, away from the Hilton Hotel. As I was waiting, I was going to see if I should call a friend of mine to come so we can have a couple of drinks, I decided to sit in the lounge and wait. Set my video camera down on the side table next to me and was just browsing on my phone.

One event employee approached me and said that I cannot shoot video. I told him that I am not shooting, the camera is not on, the lens cap is on and I am just waiting. He then left and within a few minutes later, he returned with another employee, which was security **. I picked up my phone, began recording and proceeded to ask him why? “BECAUSE I SAID SO.” This is exactly what he said. I then asked if there was a sign stating I could not be there and all he said was... “I AM THE SIGN.” Mind you, I have video of all of this on my phone, which I plan on putting on YouTube.

Any way, the other guy called the police and I decided to walk outside the nearby areas to see if there was anything stating I could not be there. NOTHING!!!! The sad thing is, when **, the security guard / manager / sign, as he put it, made these back handed gestures at me like he wanted to hit me, I have everyone looking at me and I am very embarrassed at this point. (Side note, there were two gentlemen randomly shooting video with their phones in the lounge). Anyway, I walk up to the front desk and see a woman who seems to be a manager and spoke with her, **. I explained to ** what happened, and she said that it was fine for me to sit and enjoy a drink, but yet, "**" says I can't. The woman manager at the front desk was even making weird faces because she didn't understand why anything was even an issue.

So now, Henderson police show up, the police officer was being completely rude and I did not back down because I know that I did not do anything. I was very confused. As I continue talking to the woman in charge, I offered several times to her, security and Henderson police that they are welcome to look in my camera and they will see that nothing was shot inside that Hotel and that everything was just outside as I was waiting to see if I was going to call my friend to hang out and have a drink. Not only am I offended, and feel as if I have been discriminated against, but the other manager, “** FROM GUEST SERVICES”, begins to talk about this event that was going on that I had no idea of.

She then begins to say to me,, “You need to understand how that looks when you have a camera and there are a lot of girls walking around.” I told her, “ACTUALLY, I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN”. She then says, “COME ON REALLY?, YOU HAVE A CAMERA.” I said to her, “I still don't know what you mean because my camera is off, sitting on the table next to me while I am browsing my phone, so what are you insinuating, because this is very offensive.” Again I offered **, security guard **, and Henderson police that they are welcome to take my camera and look at what I recorded, just video footage of landscape outside by the lake and that was it. They declined and told me I had to leave or I would be arrested.

The police officer MR. ** asked security ** if he wanted me to be removed permanently and ** said yes. So for whatever reason, I can no longer go to that hotel. Thank god I have video footage on my phone of what happened And I think it's really important for anyone to really think twice before even going anywhere near Lake Las Vegas or any of their resorts located there because you don't know what will happen. No, I was not a guest, I was just there doing my thing and minding my own business. Poorly handled, I plan on filing a complaint against "**" and a lawsuit against the property for discrimination and embarrassment in front of staff and customers. Not nice at all. As a matter of fact I feel very offended. I'm very discriminated against.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I’ve been a Diamond Hilton customer for the last 3 years. Recently, I booked a prepayment hotel (first time I’ve ever done this) knowing we would be staying that weekend. We had a family emergency come up so I called and asked to switch the reservation to Friday night instead of Sat. I was on the phone with 3 different depts and was finally transferred back to customer service before they told me there was nothing they could do and I was going to have to pay the $120 for Sat. I asked if there was any way for me to transfer those funds to Friday night... Nope. Beyond frustrated to everyone I spoke with. Hope that $120 is worth the thousands of dollars you’ll lose in business, Hilton.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Service Agents aren't empowered to actually provide cust. serv. Pathetic. I had a circumstance occur that were out of my control so I needed to change my arrival date to the hotel. Refused to accommodate my request and gave no recourse. They screwed me for $150!

Original review: May 3, 2019

Being a member of HH, if I could give this hotel 0 stars I would and I’ve never stayed there. With the stress of planning a wedding and blocking rooms I was given the complete runaround and misinformation. I was not notified of the timeline nor deadline. My guests ended up having reservations elsewhere and I was basically made to feel as if my business was not needed. I understand the weekend reserved was a holiday weekend, but you would think that a client that invest money into the company would aim to help those clients with care. Utterly disappointed that I get a call weeks later only for her to ask for more time to investigate. The excuse given was the person helping me went out to have a baby. I understand things happen, but you as a company dropped the ball. I beg your pardon ma’am my wedding is in 3 weeks so whatever help you could give is basically out of the window anyway and you’ve lost my trust as a company.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at 45 East 33rd Street, New York for about 5 weeks in the early Spring of 2016, ca. April-May. The hotel committed massive fraud against me charging my bank debit card every night during my stay even though I was paying them cash every night. So I was paying for two rooms every night during my stay even though I only had 1 room. I have repeatedly demanded a refund from the facility and they have repeatedly ignored my demands. I have the receipts to prove that this fraud, totally more than $16,000.00, took place.

I have had numerous discussions with a manager named ** there and he just stonewalls, denies and lies. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they were completely useless, giving me the runaround and taking no useful action whatsoever. Bottom line: Don’t stay at this facility. They will steal your hard-earned money. Period. PS: I made the initial reservation through Priceline, and they ripped me off, too. I will do a separate review for them.

Original review: April 22, 2019

After having an issue at a Hampton Inn, I was told by Hilton that I would be getting a voucher for a free night's stay. I was told 7 to 10 days for processing. After waiting two weeks, I called and emailed Hilton and they basically said to keep waiting. Around a month and a half later, I had to call an email them again to find out what was going on. They said they'd mail me another one. So, almost 2 months later I finally receive the voucher and I use it at a Hampton Inn (NJ). I checked out, gave the voucher, and I was told everything was ok. Later in the day, I checked my bank account and saw the hotel had charged me for the stay. I called the hotel and they said my voucher was voided... so they had to charge me for the stay!!!

I called Hilton Honors, and they basically said I have to sit and wait for the resent voucher to arrive to me and I'd have to hand deliver it back to the hotel to get my money back. I told them this was unacceptable, and the mistake was not my fault and I demanded my money be refunded to my debit card. I was told several times they cannot help me and I have to sit and wait for the voucher to get sent to me so I can give it to the Hampton Inn. I expressed my dissatisfaction and NOBODY could do anything about it. I asked for a supervisor or manager, and I was told there was nobody there for me to speak with. I emailed several contacts at Hilton (CEO, Manager of Customer Service, etc)... and I have yet to hear from anyone. So, I have $125.21 charged to my debit card and I'm basically STUCK until this voucher arrives to me. Then I'll have to make special trip back to the hotel to submit it and get my money back.

I can't believe a huge hotel chain like Hilton couldn't do anything to reverse the charges and not rip me off. Absolutely unbelievable. Going forward... I'm choosing another hotel chain for all of my lodging. If you are promised a voucher for a free stay... be prepared to wait 2 months for it and you better pray it's not voided. Robert

Original review: April 16, 2019

My humble opinion and I believe the following: I will NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR STAY AT A HILTON HOTEL AGAIN! October 6, 2018 Saturday 310pm spoke to hotel manager George. He said the toilet paper roll should’ve been changed. He said by Jacuzzi soap should of been left for the bubble bath soap. He did tell them to change the sheets and pillows. He doesn’t know why they weren’t. He said, “Tv nothing can be done. You can do demand movies no charge.” 325 pm Eddie housekeeping supervisor came and said: Bottom sheet and pillows should of been changed and I showed him marks. I left to prove not changed. He said shower should of cleaned shower, jacuzzi, soap dish, sink counter top, glass cups, ice bag, toilet paper roll, etc.

I showed him all the pictures as proof when I came back. I told him I will leave negative reviews. I also showed him tv signal works off and on. He will send maintenance. He said, “This is not how we do things.” 350pm Al maintainer came for the tv. He said that can be fixed. He then came back and said it could not be fixed. October 7, 2018 Sunday 1030am check out Hilton Hotel Bianca I told her it was a terrible stay and will be giving negative reviews and comments all over the web, social media etc. I have pictures of the above issues and yet they placed cards which I have pictures of that states “if you're not satisfied with your stay let us know and we will make it right”. That’s their policy which I'm still not satisfied.

Be careful if you use a Costco credit card with Citibank for hotel services as I did. They refuse to handle a dispute for "services" at the hotel and told me I should of went to another Hotel. I booked a Hotel in a popular tourist site in another country and these idiots say I should of went to another hotel. I will NEVERRRRRRRRRR use the Costco Citibank credit card after my poor experiences. They refuse to take actions on my disputed charge etc. First I call and representative tells me my dispute is resolved then transfers me to dispute department that tells me they closed it in favor of merchant. Terrible representation for a dispute. Refuses to help and saids I used the services etc. Wow I will NEVVVVVVVER use Citi credit cards again. I find Chase to be way more helpful.

I feel Citi failed to help me or do anything hours later closed dispute. Sounds like a robot over and over saying they don't credit for services rendered yet I complained several times about the services. She then saids, “Citi don't dispute services rendered.” I said, ‘Why do you have dispute option for "services" then.” Another reason I stopped banking at Citibank. They failed to take any action on my dispute saying it as a "service" yet it’s about the poor quality of service. I feel I am not protected making purchases with a Citibank card if a dispute arises. At least Chase would call the merchant. Plus I get misinformed that it was resolved at first representative. "Resolved” usually means in favor of my complaint not a spin like you guys put it.

Original review: April 15, 2019

After traveling all day from South Texas to Worcester on her own, my daughter wasn't allowed to check in at the Hilton Homewood Suites in Worcester, MA because she is not 21. She was visiting for a college visit and clearly posed no risk for anyone. What a lack of sensitivity and common sense. @HiltonHotels claims to be inclusive of vulnerable communities. Clearly, this wasn't the case with my daughter. We later learned that another hotel (of the same chain) was allowing 18-year-old students to check in.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I stayed at the Hilton Scotts Valley CA and was so disappointed with the management and room. The rooms were not clean. There was a loud motor humming all night. I had to turn on my laptop to distract me from hearing the humming when I was trying to sleep. They didn't offer a continental breakfast. They have a room/bar that you sit down and pay $17 per person for coffee and fruit. When speaking with the front desk I found the help rude and not helpful so much so I thought that they sure did not attend a class in hotel management. Avoid this hotel. Scotts Valley is so nice there are other hotels to stay in.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Approximately a year ago I made a reservation for a Hilton property. The reservation agent somehow got my call to a Vacation Club agent. The agent made an offer on some packages. I refused and then I was offered a deal on a property we had been curious about. We were told that we would be able to make a reservation at that location. When we tried to make a reservation we were told that there were no opening available. Over the last year we have been assigned six or seven different agents. None of them have come through with the original commitment. I have been told so many lies that I finally asked that all communication be in writing through email. I was told that written communication was against Hilton Company policy.

I asked for my money back since Hilton could not provide what was originally committed. I have never had any response to that request and have never been refunded the money. They have attempted to contact me after the year was up to extend the previous offer for a fee. I guess that tells me what they think about their customers and/or potential customers. I have made a complete change of my opinion of the Hilton Organization after this experience. If I could do a negative 5 stars I would do that.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I recently contacted HH by phone to enquire about a price match. I found a much cheaper price on a well known website and asked the operator to match it. There was lots of consternation and obfuscation and holding the line for a few minutes at a time when the operator said she would check something. Given the recent track record of the HH phone operators, I was NOT surprised to find myself disconnected all of a sudden. Shame on you Hilton Honors Australia reservations.

Despite taking my mobile phone number in case we get disconnected, you failed to contact me about this matter and my potential booking for a week now. I am afraid your program is worth zilch, zippo, nothing and your price match guarantee may be an aspirational target you are working towards. Maybe you can achieve this in the next millennium or so - I do not hold much hope this century! Given my very very bad experience and your very obvious lack of customer service and non adherence to your very own policies I could tell you where to stick your HH membership. Mike

Hilton expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.

• Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.

• Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.

• Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.

• Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.

• Best for: Hilton Hotels & Resorts is good for solo travelers, couples, business travelers, retirees and anyone who is looking for a full service upscale hotel.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs