2. Travel

Hilton Hotels

Hilton Hotels
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5

Hilton Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: July 9, 2020

Upon visiting the Hilton you feel the excitement and comfort. You are pampered and all your needs met. By the time I check in my hotel robes and slippers have been placed in my room. Away I go to the hot tub and pool. My adventure begins. Forgot your wine opener or tooth brush? The Hilton has it all for you. I feel safe and taken care of at by Hilton.

Original review: July 8, 2020

At the Montreal location the Hilton hotel is very well presented. Sauna outside in the winter as a very interesting amenity! Nice view of the city from an upper floor room and very nice big comfy bed. Really fast access all across the visiting sites of this beautiful town. A little small parking spots into the underground garage but if come in for 5 days you can forget about the car. The price for a room is kind of pricey but if you want a peace of mind vacation this is the spot you want to be in. And I have to mention the service and the staff...an out of this world experience!

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Every Hilton I have stayed at has always been a pleasant experience. The service was good and amenities too. Stayed at a Hilton in the UAE and it was a fun stay and the saltwater pool was amazing. Only hotel I like to stay at when traveling. Since I have to be on a special diet I always have to bring food along. I have to request a fridge in the room and always have one waiting when I get to the room. Very nice service.

Original review: July 3, 2020

The hotel is beautiful and always sanitized perfectly! The workers and reception are also always kind and will help you with anything you need. Food is great as well, but the menu is a bit limited. Even then though, the food always tasted amazing! Cleaning service was always on time, and there was a time they came too early, but I just told them to wait a little and they came back after I had left my room.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Stayed at many Hilton hotels, most (not all) are very clean with an attractive lobby. Some offer breakfast included with your stay, some are pet friendly. The down side is cost, if you're not a salesperson with your company paying most of your fees, you can rack up quite a huge bill in overnight stays. As far as perks, I haven't found that many perks at Hilton. I've stayed at a few of the older Hiltons and always avoid staying at these again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Rented 2 suites here for the wedding of a close friend. Check-in was smooth via app - we didn't get the famous Doubletree cookies when we arrived which was disappointing but rooms were clean...and that's where the good part ends. The suites had a "kitchenette" - no microwave or freezer. The refrigerator was lukewarm no matter how high we set it. Water pressure so low that it was a struggle to rinse the toothpaste off of a toothbrush, never mind rinsing bodies/hair. Housekeeping does not come by due to COVID, you have to request it. Understandable, we called the front desk, requested it for both suites. Never showed. By the time we checked out, every garbage can was overflowing and there was a pile of towels in each bathroom.

After the wedding 10/10/20, we go to the patio to enjoy the lovely outdoor firepit pictured on the website. It doesn't exist. Fine, we still hang out and enjoy the beautiful weather and spend more time with our bride and groom and friends. We all sit down and order drinks and food. Shortly after the food arrives, the waitress tells us that patio is closing, we can no longer walk into/out of hotel via the interior walkway that leads to the front desk and rooms, we must exit patio and walk around the building through the parking lot and in through the front door. Weird, as we are all guests of the hotel and should not have to do that.

Additional guests then come out through that door just after she tells us this, and she comes screaming out of the kitchen yelling "The patio is closed! You cannot use these doors, and every time that you do, security calls us and my supervisor is upset!" We are all startled that she's screaming at people and turn around to see - sure enough - her Karen-faced manager standing there glaring at all of us. Literally a minute after this, two "regulars" that the staff and supervisor had been very cozy with - not guests of the hotel - casually walk right back through the doors that we were screamed at for using and exit the exact way that we were all just scolded about avoiding. Apparently, "rules" don't apply to local regulars, and Karen had no issue with them using the interior walkway to leave the hotel.

Food then comes out, waitress informs us that "two cooks got into a fist fight" in the kitchen and the breaking glass noises that we just heard were due to this. Classy. Nice staff. Sounds like Supervisor Karen may have bigger issues to worry about than what door people use. Also, do I want to eat the food that was just made in a kitchen where people are having UFC bouts? Is there blood in my food? Glass? Who knows.

Just after this, another guest comes through The Forbidden Doors. Is again screamed at. This guest is approached by the waitress and loudly (and I am sure, embarrassingly) informed that he must produce a receipt for the Bud Light bottle that he is carrying. The one that he just carried out of the restaurant and into the patio area of said restaurant. That one. Guest is understandably befuddled. Waitress then loudly informs him that security is watching on camera and can see that he carried a Bud Light out onto the patio and that security and Supervisor Karen would like to see a receipt. We all become concerned as we, too, have drinks from said restaurant and do not have receipts. Will the Doubletree Polizia come for us, too??

Waitress then also says, "MY SUPERVISOR SMELLS WEED, TOO, AND IS VERY UPSET". We aren't smoking anything, never mind weed, and not sure why no one has trained Supervisor Karen to address issues like this in a professional manner rather than sending her screaming banshee of a waitress out to embarrass the bejesus out of paying hotel guests. We decide it's time to get the hell out of this nightmare, and like good little boys and girls, we walk out of the patio and make the long trek in the dark around the building in through the front door, as if we didn't spend $1200 for a two-night stay here.

The next morning, we are awoken bright and early by SCREAMING children and adults in our hallway. We discreetly stroll to the elevators to see what in the hell could explain that at 8 am on a Sunday...There appears to be a child's birthday party happening in a suite down the hall from ours. Uh, ok. Security must be right on that, I’m sure - or maybe they’re napping after we wore them out with all of our door shenanigans.

We get up and start to pack to escape this place, only to then find out that overnight, 22 cars in the parking lot were broken into. Glass everywhere, all kinds of stuff stolen. Security must have really been busy cracking down on using the wrong doors, because they somehow missed this. Despite cameras everywhere and an apparently top notch security team that has time to analyze video for someone carrying a drink from the restaurant out to the restaurant patio, Hilton takes no responsibility for what happened. Basically, don’t stay here.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I stayed at this property for a week in September 2020. PROS: Nice, renovated resort. Friendly Satt, Great area. Food is slightly above average. CONS: While the "working staff" are friendly and wonderful the management not present and uncaring from my experience. My first night, tired, I went to sleep to find the automatic motion BR light turning on/off every 15-20 sec. Finally repair came up, removed the bulb however the loud "CLICKING" from it trying went on all night...no sleep. Hilton Honors desk gave a shrug and "I am sorry." When prompted to write a review by Hilton Diamond (I am a Diamond member, 100+ nights a year) I got a reply from the ADMIN, NOT A MANAGER saying, in short "we're sorry, we try, come again". Not good treatment in any case and making me re-think my hotel loyalty. Also, if you are a gold or diamond member and looking for that upgrade... be ready to pay for it!

Original review: July 18, 2020

Hilton is a all in one hotel. Very clean and the host are very helpful. The rooms are inviting and spacious. This brand is the one I look for 1st.. Never confusion and if there is it’s promptly attended to. Safety is a big part of why we choose Hilton.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Great experience at all Hilton hotels I have stayed at. Customer service and cleanliness is top notch. Food, drinks, gyms and Spas are always amazing as well. What else is there to say? I highly recommend the chain.

Original review: July 17, 2020

The Hilton Chain includes Waldorf, Hilton Resorts, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, etc. So they can accommodate almost any budget. Even their least hotel is comfortable and lives up to my expectations. Always clean. Always safe. Management is usually quick to respond to any problems. They have a great Rewards program that I can use anywhere. I'm a fan.

Hilton author review by ConsumerAffairs

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.

• Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.

• Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.

• Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.

• Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team