2. Travel

Hilton Hotels

Hilton Hotels
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.67/5

Hilton Hotels Reviews

Original review: April 3, 2020

I hope that I do not jinx it but I have been staying almost exclusively at Hilton hotels for the past 6 years. The honors programs, while at times stingy with points is the easiest to use of any rewards program that I am in. The properties are generally always clean and consistent. This is not in the US but all across the globe. Good job Hilton.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

The Hilton Garden Inn in Palmdale, CA is a true sample of excellent hospitality! My husband and I stay there often and are always so very impressed by all the staff at this property. General Manager Marian and her team are outstanding! We have stayed at other Hilton properties, but the staff at this particular location go above and beyond our expectations. During our most recent stay in Oct, we were warmly welcomed by Front Desk Clerks Lauren and D-Yante. They immediately got us checked in and offered their assistance in any way they could as they knew we were in the Palmdale area for medical appointments and wanted to ensure out stay was not only quiet but comfortable as well.

As we were there for a week, we also got to know the other front desk staff who were equally personable and helpful--Chris, Sebastian, Zeke, Emilio, and Zeke are also wonderful assets to this front desk team. Marian's management team of Efrain and George always made it a point to stop by and visit with us when we were at breakfast or by the front desk. They are wonderful ambassadors for this property! Kudos to the housekeeping staff, in particular Yolanda who was our housekeeper during this stay. Our room was kept immaculate on a daily basis and she made it a point to accommodate our needs on the days when we needed immediate service so that we could come back and rest after our doctor appointments/surgeries.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful too with a nice selection of everything you could want for breakfast. The food was fresh, kept filled up when consumed and the dining area is immaculate. Breakfast Hostess Marlen is simply the best! Warm and friendly and it is apparent she really enjoys her job. She ensured that these two coffee hounds' cups were always kept hot and filled. The atmosphere at this hotel is so special that it really feels like a home away from home. We have stayed at many Hilton Garden Inns and while they have all been wonderful, the Hilton Garden Inn Palmdale, CA shines far and above the rest. This could easily be your flagstaff property! We will be back again and again when we come back to the Palmdale area and look forward to seeing all of our new friends at this hotel.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I would like to thank the staff at Hilton Galleria Houston for going the extra mile allowing us late checkout and then to sit by the pool till it was time to leave for the airport. The flight to New Zealand doesn’t depart till 9pm and we usually spend time at the airport which adds to the fourteen hour flight. This hotel although on the other side of the city for the airport is in a great location for last minute shopping. You can load up your bags after your domestic flight, the mall has every shop you could think of. PS flight crew also in hotel.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Thank you Homewood Suites for extending your hospitality. (Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport, New Mexico) Your employee Omar ** was professional, courteous and caring. His actions for this weary traveler, made Homewood Suites feel like "Home". Thank you. Curtis

Original review: July 2, 2019

Was able to book the room on the road. Digital key on phone was great for late arrival. Did not have to go to the front desk for check in. Choosing room before arrival worked great for using side entrance so we didn’t disturb others. Also, we could be on the bottom floor for quick entry. Breakfast was delicious and hot. Rooms Comfortable and well stocked.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: March 31, 2020

On February 21st, 2020, I received an email from General Manager Steven ** that was cruel, sexist, and unprofessional. He belittled my personal memory, holding his memory of two, third party individuals above my own. He stated that women are incapable of having and expressing complex emotions. He also did not take the time to look into the account in question. To make matters even worse both the overall company, Hilton, and Steven’s manager at the Bethesdan condone this behavior as they have offered no solution and haven’t had the decency to at the very least call me back after stating four separate times that they would.

Resolution response: April 17, 2020

I received an email from Hilton informing me that a decision was made to provide a refund for two nights, which were part of a non-refundable advanced purchase. I am so relieved and happy that Hilton understood our predicament! If the event that we were supposed to attend had been cancelled for other reasons, we would have stayed the two nights and ventured around the Phoenix area. We lived there previously and know that there are a lot of great places to see and visit. However, with the majority of events being cancelled and out-of-state traveling being discouraged, we decided it was in our best interest to cancel our trip and our 2-night stay. It was such an unexpected and highly unusual situation. I’m so grateful Hilton gave us a refund, which we recently received. Thank you, and we will continue to be dedicated guests at Hilton hotels once we’re able to travel again!

Original review: March 24, 2020

I had a reservation for Mar 13-15 because of a concert in Maricopa, AZ. On Mar 12, the concert was canceled due to the virus. It seemed that everything was canceled or closed that day - public schools and many events. We also heard that travel out of state was discouraged. I immediately got online and canceled our stay. Despite our stay being prepaid and non-refundable, I was confident that we would receive a refund due to the very unusual circumstance. We didn't expect the concert to be canceled the evening before.

Additionally, we never thought about going out of state to go and stay in the room either since leaving our state suddenly seemed like a bad idea. When I called and spoke with someone in customer service, she told me that the system showed that I canceled our stay on March 14, which wasn't true. I submitted my request on Mar 12, 2020, around 5 PM. I feel the least Hilton could do is give us a refund for the second night, which would have fallen into their requirement of canceling 24 hours in advance. We had to cancel quickly due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and for no other reason.

Original review: March 17, 2020

The only reason that I would give this hotel any stars is because of most of the staff. I know that there are a couple of cleaners that also deserve no stars. There were days that my room was not cleaned, even though I left indication that I would like it to be cleaned. And sometimes when it was, they didn't vacuum or they didn't sweep. And towards the two-week mark of our staying there, I noticed little baby roaches all over the bathroom in the middle of the night. The staff did spray, but you don't eliminate those insects easily.

There were staff members that truly made my day. My family and I stay there for over 3 months, due to a flood in my new home. But this is going to be an overall rating. The breakfast that they offer is quite awful. They have these pre-made sandwiches and omelettes that are repulsive. The only positive thing about the breakfast that they offer is fresh waffles.

Everything else was terrible! It is advertised as having a heated pool and firepit as amenities, however it appears that those amenities are optional. After I was staying there for a month, the heater to the saline water pool broke. I can't even tell you how many disappointed children and adults I encountered. There were families that stayed there just for the pool and firepit, they were terribly let down. There was no answer as to how to fix a pool. It was broken for the last 2 months of my visit. The owners did not care and do not care about their customers.

They also boast providing fresh fruit all day. That ended also. I heard that the staff was told to go to the store to purchase fruit for customers. That's unbelievable but true! I saved the most awful experience for last. I had my three teenagers staying with me and my husband. My husband, my youngest and myself were in one room and my two teenagers were in the other. My two teenagers turned out to be quite messy. They did not take care of the room. It was unfortunate, but I'm going to be honest. The general manager, Sharita, did take my family aside and criticize the way that they kept the room. She said that, if it were any other guests, she would have asked us to no longer stay there. However, she knew how long we had been staying there and that we were having issues with contractors.

She gave us until that Monday morning to make sure that the room was presentable. I stayed on my children the whole weekend and it was definitely presentable by Monday. I know this because she let up and did not complain further. However, my incompetent insurance adjuster did not put in for more time, as our home was not completely repaired. Instead of giving us a day or two to make sure that we had a roof over our heads, the general manager, Sharita, kicked us out.

This was communicated to us that we had to leave that day. That phone call was after 12. So we came back to the hotel, after I got off of work, and packed up and left it to go to a new, better location. And then they charged us for that day. Temporary accommodations would not reimburse me because our stay ended on March 10th we moved out on March 10th, but after 4. There was also a time where my credit card was charged almost $600 by the hotel. Once I confronted them and asked why, they realized that it was accidental and reimbursed that money to me. So, if they have your credit card on file, watch their activity on your card.

I can't even express how heartbreaking being kicked out of that hotel was. I just about begged Sharita to not put us out. Now mind you, the coronavirus had just been identified as a pandemic. So, in the middle of that, we had to get the hell out. It was so damaging to my children and myself. I have bulging and herniated discs in my spine and my husband needs a new hip. It didn't matter.

She wanted us packed up and out immediately! She was also very nasty and unprofessional in the way that she demanded that we go! And then when I contacted the corporate division of Hilton Hotels, I was told that there was nothing that they could do. Now mind you, Sharita told us that there were no rooms in our class available. And then when I asked her about smaller rooms, she said that they were no more. In my calling corporate, the woman found two rooms that fit our class, so Sharita lied! She lied several times! I just wanted to let future customers know to beware! I will now report her to the Better Business Bureau. Choose wisely!

Original review: March 12, 2020

My fiancé and I sustained foot and knee injuries while staying two nights in Hilton Garden Inn. located in Marina Del Rey. Also the garage ceiling felt on top of my car damaging it. After many phone calls and emails they finally agreed to return the fees for only one night. They a letter like a release form for us to sign and return so they can credit our account. The last paragraph of the letter read: "You agree not to post any negative comments on any social media with regard to your stay at Hilton Garden Inn. Marina Del Ray, CA."

Now I did not write this to only to show you that your 3rd grader has better spelling than a Hilton Corporation Representative. But much more importantly that the Customer Support of the Hilton Corporation seem to assume that they are operating in a 3rd world country, in fact by ignoring the First Amendment: Freedom Of Speech they are disrespecting the United States Constitution!

Original review: March 10, 2020

I have been a HH member and customer for years. I also worked for the company years ago and still have friends and family members working for Hilton. I have received an e-mail about their 50% off suites sale at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, if suites were booked until March 13th 2020. I checked online and yes, the suites were reduced. However, since the rate was non-refundable, I wanted to be safe and called reservation to ask if there are exceptions to this rule due to the corona virus issue.

Agent called Stefanie answered the phone. I asked her if she can help me book a suite at the Rainbow Tower, Oceanfront. She said, of course. While on the phone she also mentioned that their "one day in paradise" would apply if I book through her due to my Hilton Honors status. I said, nice. She quoted the suite $284 (with the 50% off suite sales and with that "one day in paradise" award). I asked her 5 times if that was for sure for the Junior Suite in the Rainbow tower and oceanfront. She said, yes. She said it has two full beds, one sofa, even a microwave and fridge.

I mentioned to her that we had stayed at the Junior suite overlooking the Marina last year and wanted to make sure, this time, we get the suite overlooking the ocean. She confirmed all of it. Before booking with her, I asked her two times to repeat all the room details to me and she repeated that it was a double bed, junior suite in the rainbow tower, oceanfront. I asked her to e-mail the confirmation to me ASAP and she said of course. I asked her what if we have to change or cancel the trip due to corona, she said, it would not be an issue and I can just call them. I asked for her last name or agent number and she said she is not sharing that due to security reasons. She did not send me the e-mail, as promised. When I logged in to check if the room was booked, I realized that she did NOT BOOK THE SUITE, as stated and requested. She booked a simple 2 bed ocean front room.

I called reservation back and was told that there was nothing they could do since the reservation could not be modified and that they were sold out of suites. I then asked her, how they can lie to customers and do dishonest bookings and give false information as I actually was online checking to book a suite while she was right on the phone with me and they still had them for the 50% off promotion, too. The agent on the phone responded: "Well you got the "stay a day in paradise, why are you complaining?". I then asked to speak to her supervisor. I was put on hold for over one hour. Supervisor Gloria answered and "could not do anything". She did not even apologize for her agent's unprofessional demeanor, nor tried to correct it. As I asked to be connected to her boss, she discontinued the phone call.

I then called the hotel directly and spoke to a reservation agent Gayle, who was kind enough to change the room to a "Junior suite marina view" for the regular fee. Something the other agents told me was not even possible and that I was stuck with the "two bed regular room", I never wanted. I asked Gayle why we cannot have the oceanfront suite as promised when we made the reservation and she said the only one to overwrite it would be her manager, who will call me back later.

I am glad that at least one person was kind enough to look into this, but this practice is not the first time I have experienced this with Hilton reservations. The dishonest booking procedure is not uncommon, it happened to me few years ago when we booked a hilton property in Cabo and last year with the same hotel in Hawaii we also were placed in a different room than the one we paid for upon check in. I really expect the upper management to take care of this issue soon, as I feel betrayed and very disrespected as a loyal consumer. In addition, I feel not safe now knowing that these people working and using illegal reservation practices have my personal and credit card information, too.

Hilton author review by ConsumerAffairs

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.

• Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.

• Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.

• Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.

• Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team