Hilton Hotels

Hilton Hotels

3.9/5 (776 ratings)

About Hilton Hotels

Hilton Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I paid for two weeks parking at the Home 2 Suites by Hilton Hotel at the Denver International Airport, while I flew back east to visit my grandkids. When I got back, my pickup truck had been stolen, everything cleaned out of it, and it was totaled in a hit-and-run. The manager and Hilton corporate say they aren't at fault. I had to spend four extra days and three nights sorting out the aftermath of this debacle, and I'm still not done. In the long run, it's going to cost me so much more than the little bit that I saved flying out of a large airport. And now I have to buy a new car, so I will have a car payment after not having one for over ten years!

Before you stay here, do your homework, because the police said to me that dozens and dozens of cars are stolen in this area all the time. The hotel manager was "mum" on that subject, even when I asked him if he knew there had been a car stolen on September 4, or if cars were stolen from his hotel parking lot. Nothing was said about parking at your own risk. There was no paperwork or signage. I normally park in the front in a handicap spot, but the agent told me I had to park in the back where it was dark, and the hotel has no security.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I reserved and paid for three nights at Hilton Garden Inn downtown Dallas thru Expedia. This was for my daughter. She did not check in on the first night and the hotel marked her "no show" even though the room was paid for in advance. Hilton website never said that her room would be "resold" or marked as "no Show" so they could resell anywhere if she didn't check-in the first night when the entire stay was prepaid. - It said changes could be charged - so I guess "changes" was anything they wish it to be. Expedia did nothing to help with the situation. How they have fallen!!!! So Expedia and Hilton got paid for absolutely nothing and are no help with anything. I'll never do business with either again. There's a problem when corporations no longer care about their customers! Date of experience: September 17, 2022.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

We're honor members from Sep 11, 2020 always booking with Hilton during day time but this particular day we was traveling from Miami to Orlando Fl for business on Sep 13th, 2022 we call the hotel around 12:20 am, The agent named "Perla" was at the phone, my husband ask for One Day check in at 3 am Sep 13th and check out September 14th at noon, the Hilton agent said is $ 156.99 my husband said "Ok please make the reservation we will be there in a couple of hours or little more we are right now in Lake Wales Fl", then she ask for the credit card to make the reservation then she said " your reservation for One Day is ready wait for the receipt in your email" but since I didn't receive it right away I ask her for the confirmation number and she provides the #**. Few minutes laters after we end the call we received the receipt for $419.62.

Of course we call back and ask for Mrs. Perla but the men at the phone don't put her at the phone and ask us: " How can I help you?" We told him that the agent that took our reservation made a mistake and it need to be fixed, we explain that we ask just for one day and Mrs. Perla said the cost was $156.99 but she charge us for $419.62, the men at the phone said " well is a mistake what she said because if you guys check at 3 am you will be charged for TWO NIGHTS".

We explain to him that she never explain that to us, we ask for One Day and she must explain to us that if we checking at 3 am or 4 pm we will be charged for two days but she never did and he said: "Well is the Hotel policy I apologize for the misunderstanding but that the way it is, I can ask the manager what he can do for you but dont think so he could do much, he put the Manager at the phone and he told us the same thing and said, "We apologize for the mistake but the system doesn't allow us to fix it and the only thing I can do for you is charge you with a penalty of one Night hotel cost". We said: "What? Why we have to be charged for a Service that We will not receive and for one of your employees mistake, We gonna do a very bad review on you because this is unfair you need to fix your company mistake and refund the full money is the right thing to do", and he said " oh you are threatening me this conversation is end, night" hanging up the call.

As Hilton Honor members we never we would never have imagined having to sleep in the car at a gas station having a reservation and being charged for a penalty for an error by one of the employees of the Hilton chain, that is how we were forced to sleep on the street because on dates and days like these everything is sold out and it is impossible to get a room at the last minute. Thanks Hilton Manager of location 1750 Hotel Plaza Blvd Buena Vista Fl 32830 FOR THE MOST SCARY NIGHT OF MY LIFE.

Is a shame that a manager is not able to keep a polite conversation we are business people and sometimes I don't understand why is so difficult for a professional accept their mistakes fixed and keep going. We have been treated the most unfair way possible. They make the mistakes, we have been charged $419.62 for it then they offer just charged us with a penalty of cost one night and hanging up the phone on us like we are nothing. Very disappointing very sad, I don't have words enough for this. Note: if someone wants help us with this please contact me I have witness, I have call record, receipt, names.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

My 2-night reservation at Home2 Suites by Hilton Atlanta Downtown was acquired via Priceline for $453.90 (thus $226.95/night). My disgust with Hilton Hotels is fourfold: 1. the lack of proper training for their employees, 2. the poor condition of the facility, 3. the paltry response of on-sight management and, 4. The corporate brush off when I reported my issues with Hilton Hotels' online management.

Upon checking into our room #604 we discovered a VERY chilly room temp (my wife is cold blooded and needs warmth) but all attempts to adjust the thermostat failed. So how about a hot bath to warm up? Wrong! The tub could only produce lukewarm water. Also, the handheld shower device sprayed more water from where the hose connected to the overhead plumbing outlet than actually came out of the handheld unit itself, thus spraying water in all directions including bathroom floor. Also, the bathroom cosmetic mirror has a nice feature of vertical embedded lights on each side. However the right side light strip didn't function and you can imagine my wife's distress at attempting to apply makeup with the right side of her face in shadows.

SO, we contacted the desk and a "maintenance" man quickly arrived. (He was a most helpful and pleasant person but obviously was not trained in maintenance matters.) He quickly learned that all of the above mentioned defects were true and he could not resolve them. The desk said there was one more available room #611 and the "maintenance" fellow took me down the hall to check it out. He soon discovered similar problems: 1. he couldn't adjust the temp, 2. the tube water was only lukewarm and, 3. I noticed that the bathroom sink faucet could be rattled back/forth about 1/4" and needed to be secured. So I told him that there was not sufficient benefit to pack up and move to the new room. He agreed AND suggested that I should ask for a refund for that first night.

P.S. The next morning two other "maintenance" men somehow resolved the lukewarm water problem and got the thermostat to respond, but were unable to fix the spraying shower fixture and said the light for the cosmetic mirror was "on order." (I can't believe a Hilton hotel doesn't have adequate replacement bulbs!) Upon sharing the above information (and the fact that the "maintenance" man suggested we ask for one-night refund) with the desk clerk she said she'd leave a "note" for the manager.

The next afternoon she told me that the manager said that because we had purchased this room via a third party (Priceline.com) that he could not refund the first night cost but did add to my Hilton club membership some points. Conclusion: Obviously this facility does not have an on-site manager who can professionally communicate with patrons but does so only thru third party messaging. Very poor management model which has now resulted in a very dissatisfied customer.

Concerning the Hilton club points deposit: I informed the desk clerk that a points deposit was meaningless to me because I didn't have a Hilton account but she then shared my account number. Using that number I see online that it is a valid number but I've never done a Hilton sign-in nor recollect ever opening such an account. My problem with this points deposit vs. financial refund is: 1. I seldom use Hilton and don't see a possibility in the future (especially after this frustrating experience) of accumulating enough points to get any significant rewards. 2. The excuse that a $ refund is impossible because it was booked via Priceline is a crock.

Obviously Priceline has paid Hilton the appropriate amount of $$ for that booking and there's no reason that Hilton cannot return the $ they received from Priceline to me. I doubt that such a practice will cause Hilton to file for bankruptcy. 3. To deposit Hilton points into my account costs Hilton nothing in the present and unlikely so in the future because of this last experience AND even if I could someday use those points I'd make a Las Vegas bet that those applied points don't even come close to the same $ value that I paid to rent that room for a night. Bottom line: I emailed Hilton customer service and shared the above but they, without even an apology, just gave me a brush off by attempting to make me believe that an appropriate usable refund was made without ever coughing up any cash.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I was recently a guest The Homewood Suites Hotel in Edina, MN on August 17th 2022 room 141. I was confident this was a good choice because it's a fairly new hotel and had good reviews. Upon my arrival I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. My room was great, very clean. The next morning I pulled the comforter and sheets down to the bottom of the bed and was shocked (under-statement) at what I saw!

The fitted sheet along with the top sheet had stains on them that looked like partial blood/urine/some sort of bodily fluid! It was disgusting and I was horrified! I couldn't believe that I had slept in that bed all night. It made me wonder if the sheets had been changed and also got me thinking, had I been sleeping all night on dirty pillows as well?! I took pictures and immediately went to the front desk and asked for the manager. I showed her the photos and could tell she was somewhat taken back. She asked me if I would like points or a refund and I took the refund. She was very pleasant but there was no apology of any kind.

I shared the photos with other people & they were all in shock so it got me thinking more about it. My husband has traveled with his job for many years and has Lifetime Diamond status with Hilton, he/his company have given them a lot of business and all I was given was a one night refund after sleeping in that! One of their sites clearly states for complaints you can reach out to the president of Hilton, Christopher Cassetta, which I did (twice) and no response. So I am making sure that I get this out to as many social media sites as possible. Horrible Customer Service!! See attached photos, how would you feel knowing you just spent the night in this?!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

It was horrible!!! I thought made a reservation for 2 instead of 1. When l realized my error l called Hilton Reservations to add myself. I thought all was well but when we went to check in it wasn't!! I wasn't on the reservation, your system charged me $1890 for 1 person and the Hilton was going to charge $210 per day but dropped it down to $180 per day. So unexpectedly we had to pay an additional $1260 on the spot or l would have been stranded!!! Then we asked why was there a huge difference in pay and they said those are 3rd parties for you!! It was a very uneasy feeling to be in another country and having to pay so much more. The price difference was ridiculous as well.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

I paid for a suite and got a room with a seating area, 1 tv too far to see or control from bed, no water serviced once late afternoon no response to complaints, cooling min temperature 68.8 degrees, no taxis allowed to wait, apart from overpriced for airport no concierge

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

The staff was friendly and the location was amazing; however, I would not stay there again in the future. The room needed a good deep cleaning. There were big stains on the carpet as well as the sofa and chair. On top of that the room smelled and every time we walked into the room we needed to spray Febreeze air freshener. Our room was on the second floor and the two windows literally looked out onto the pool deck so we had to keep the blinds closed the whole time otherwise people at the pool could have looked right into our room. When we came back to the room the afternoon of our first full day there, the housekeeping staff had not arrived.

By the time we left for dinner, still no service. The following morning when we checked out the front desk staff told us we had to request housekeeping service if we wanted it. There was no notice to that effect when we checked in. I understand they may be short-staffed, but for $363 on a Friday night, I would expect someone to at least come and empty trash cans and bring more towels. (They only gave us 3 bath towels for a 4-person room.) Unfortunately, our hotel experience didn't live up to our usual experience with Hilton.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I made a reservation for Hilton in DC. Hilton charges a resort fee when you order from a third-party vendor. The cost is unnecessary and appears to me to be deceptive. It appears to be a way to make the room price seem comparable to other hotels, but when you arrive, they tell you about the extra charge and become argumentative with you and accuse you of not reading the fine print. Very disappointing. Im

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I booked a Hampton Inn in Atlanta McDonough ONLY because of the heavily advertised confirmed connecting rooms. I even paid an upcharge for it. When I arrived, I did not get a connecting room, not even an adjacent room. The staff was very rude and only would offer to let me go see if the rooms were connecting (after verifying that they were not even next door) and kept asking me what I wanted them to do about it. The police were on property and the hotel was AWFUL. My hotel room door was wide open when I got there. I was VERY uncomfortable sending two boys down the hall to stay alone. No one there was concerned or even offered to help. I contacted Hilton that very night. They told me they could not do anything until I left the property, but I would definitely be entitled to a refund.

The manager emailed me about my complaint and offered me a few thousand points (about $20 worth). I said that was not satisfactory so he told me to contact Hilton. I did contact Hilton about my case number I had been assigned when I called. They told me they could only give me an apology. They refused to let me speak to anyone else - they said they were the "top-level". They suggested that I hang up and get a different representative. I did - with the same result. They said they could only do what the manager approved.

They eventually emailed to see if I was satisfied with my resolution with the WRONG HOTEL. I told them no and that they had the wrong hotel. They emailed back with a DIFFERENT WRONG HOTEL - one I had never been to. I tried to clarify again. They emailed back with the ORIGINAL WRONG HOTEL. I emailed back to clarify and said that I was not satisfied with the resolution. They emailed me to tell me not to email anymore. I emailed the office of the CEO and got no response.

I just saw an ad for confirmed connecting rooms at Hilton on TV. What a joke. That is a fraudulent claim if I have ever seen one. I booked a hotel solely for that reason and not only did I not get it - I did not even get refunded for the upcharge I paid for it. The Hilton 100% satisfaction guarantee is also a fraud. I have repeatedly tried to invoke it for a valid complaint and have been completely ignored. The points I have been given are completely useless as I do not plan to EVER stay in a Hilton property again. I cannot believe that an established business like Hilton has gone so far downhill. If they are going to promote things like confirmed connecting rooms very heavily, they should make sure that they can deliver - and be prepared to make things right when they can't. They have done neither in my case.

Hilton author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.

• Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.

• Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.

• Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.

• Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.

Hilton Hotels Company Information