Hilton Hotels
  • 1 star
Based on 59 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Hilton Hotels

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 29, 2017

363 Hilton Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Stayed at the Hilton East in Tucson AZ. Sept 14-15, 2017. People (employees) are a big part of any business of course. Upon checking in the employees were very pleasant. We left our rooms and returned at 1 am. There was a rowdy party going on in the lobby. At least 50 people shouting and drinking. They were bringing 24 packs of beer in to party all night. All facilities in the hotel were closed for the night so the party carried on in the lobby. Our room was next to all the noise. I went to the front desk and politely requested that we be moved for the noise was intolerable. The clerk was visibly angry at life in general and reluctantly gave us another room. People were running up and down the halls in their underwear. The police finally were called by someone after 2 am. No management! Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I rented a room over Thanksgiving 2017 for five (5) days. My first mistake was pre-paying. I had to check out two days early because of my Mom’s rapidly declining health situation. The Hilton Garden Inn Uptown Charlotte would not adjust the price or give any credit, even though the circumstances warranted it. The service was lousy, including the laundry of some shirt that I had to send out. Dropped off on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and had to track down myself on Saturday AM. Found it hanging in the office - undelivered. Every time that I had contact with the Front Desk, they were totally incompetent. Made me realize why I stay in so many rooms, but not Hilton anymore even though I’m an Honors member. NEVER AGAIN!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I rented two rooms and they swiped my credit card 2 times for $25 and will not release back to me. There was no damage to rooms or garbage left behind. Charges should have been released after check out. It's been 17 days and no results. Management will not speak to me or return my phone call.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I wanted to book 3 nights with my points in St. Petersburg in Russia. I checked online with Sales Rep who confirmed that this could be cancelled 24 hours before the arrival and points refunded. I booked my stay and got a confirmation saying that the reservation cannot be cancelled and if I want to cancel it I will be charges for 1 night + taxes in cash. Checked with another sales rep and she told me to contact hotel and they are not able to cancel it. Overall, really poor service from a very known company.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have been loyal to Hilton for OVER 20 yrs and after making 3 separate reservations in a 10 day stay I realized the rep provided the wrong date for my last stay. When I called to correct the issue the rate doubled. When I asked for a supervisor I was told there was none. Hilton has failed me and my family. The founder of the scheduled event has been notified and all future reservations has been cancelled as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I want to make known about a fraudulent action by one of your staff which in my opinion is theft; the attitude of the morning receptionist, cowardice of the manager and customer services’ lack of interest. I am a Diamond member who use hotels 200 times a year. I wanted this to be dealt with at a senior management level. I am very angry to have been ignored and Hilton condoning this behavior. This is what I wrote and all I got back was condescending emails.

On Monday, October 9 I chose to stay in the Double Tree at Nashville airport. I was welcomed nicely by the evening staff member and was looking forward to my stay. I am flight crew and stay in hotels 200 nights a year and I choose to use Hilton as do most of my colleagues. I had my meal in the bistro, the salad was ok but the dessert was terrible. I received my check of $22.89. I signed the check for my room and made the bill up to $25.00. In the morning at checkout I asked for my bill to be split so I could pay my personal expenses separately. I was shocked when the receptionist asked me for $28.89. I questioned it and said I signed for $25.00 as this was my budget amount for evening meal. I do not spend over $25.00.

Despite being a Diamond member, she told me I was lying and I had signed for $28.89. I insisted that I signed for only $25.00 so she went to the accounts and got the receipt. I was shocked to see the receipt had been altered by someone to say 28.89. Even after I explained that it had been altered she insisted several times I had signed it and was pretty argumentative about it. She also she seemed unusually confident that she was right and that I had signed $28.89. She then went into the back to speak with the manager who at NO TIME EVER came out to see me. When she returned I was told they would take off the added $3.89 just this once!

How dare Hilton treat me this way accusing me of lying when it is clear from the bill that it has been altered by someone? I do not know who, that is up to the hotel to find out. I paid the $25.00 as that was the original bill on my AMEX. But in hindsight I should not have done so. Even worse was another members of staff were there in the morning and asked who the server was. When it was revealed she actually expressed no surprise and even made comments to that effect. Again that is not for me to accuse a particular person. The van driver is ex-law enforcement and he was there and he was very concerned about it after seeing the altered bill which he agreed in his ex-professional opinion was changed.

Is this how the Hilton group runs its business? How many more people have been stolen from? Is this how Hilton staff treat its DIAMOND members? Is this how Hilton Hotel managers are supposed to act? Hiding in the office and ignoring customers? I expect some action on this event before the weekend or I will call the police and report it. I will make it known to the pilot community that the Hilton Hotels, in particular this one, steal from their guests. I will ensure that the FBO at the airport knows not to recommend this hotel. I will be contacting an attorney over this. I will never use Hilton again. Someone from YOUR head office needs to go through all the receipts from the bistro to see how many more have been altered.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Review of stay on Oct. 6-8, 2017 - My party of five traveling from upstate New York had a very poor customer experience a few weeks ago at this hotel (Hilton Edinburgh Carlton Hotel). There isn't any on site parking but guests are not told about this before they arrive. There isn't a curb cut where arriving guests can pull over and unload their luggage. No one comes out from the lobby to quickly help with luggage. You given a map to try and find a parking garage several blocks away. When you find the garage there isn't any signage to tell you this is the correct garage. Once you've parked there isn't any signage to direct you to the hotel.

You ultimately find out from a passerby that you need to find an elevator in a nearby building and go up 4 floors and then find another building with an elevator to get you to the street where the hotel is. When you can't find the second building you are forced to lug your baggage up 4 flights of stairs to get to the correct street level. When you check in you are told that your parking ticket will be validated when you check out. At registration you are told that you can park in the taxi lane out front of the hotel for 10 minutes to unload luggage, but weren't told that when you first arrived. At check in you aren't directed to the elevators or told how the room keys are to be used to activate the elevator doors.

When I expressed a high level of frustration about the parking and check in process, two employees agree with me that it is indeed a bad situation. When checking out you hand the parking pass to an employee who hands it back saying it's validated. When you try to exit the parking you get an error message that you haven't paid enough for the time in the garage. You then have to re park and find a garage employee who tells you only 20% of the ticket cost has been "validated." All members of our party are well traveled and have never experienced a worse guest experience at a hotel. And at a Hilton too???

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I travel for work every week and stay at Hiltons religiously. I was called by Hilton and was convinced that Hilton Selects would be a good membership to invest in. However, I made a huge mistake. They are unresponsive and oversell how useful this membership is. I booked my 2 free nights in Orlando and upon calling the hotel to confirm my reservation, they tell me that it has been canceled. I call Hilton Selects to sort it out and there is no answer. So now I am on a plane to Orlando with no confirmed hotel reservation. Will NOT be renewing my membership and would just like my money back at this point.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I was supposed to stay at the Hampton Inn hotel in NC Tyron street. This place was nasty and extremely small. After 5 minutes I checked out. I was told that I would received full reimbursement. Now, the rep telling me I won't receive it because I did advance purchase, you guys did not tell us that and neither did you tell us the place was nasty and extremely small. I want my money back. What a terrible experience, trying to punish me for not wanting to stay at that filthy hotel. I will not visit this place again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am beyond shocked and disappointed in this experience! I have been well traveled with Hilton Hotels through the US and Canada. And recently in Texas at the Hampton Inn and Suites West I was treated very badly. And what is worse I am a loyal Hilton Honors customer to Hilton Hotels worldwide. I checked in online through the points and cash option paying first and immediately 5000 points creating the points certificate to be redeemed. I even checked it electronically for "check in now feature". Early in the morning before it was even time to check out. She had locked me out of my room if I was not going to pay the end balance on my folio before check out. They already had the 5,000 points and the certificate.

They were verbally abusive. I was later alerted to the fact that this was in a bad area as well. And recommended that I stay clear of that property. First my worry is to my fellow loyal Honors members how they could possibly experience the same in the future. Any other Hilton Hotels experience was above and beyond the best customer service experience ever and very grateful. Except the Hampton Inn and Suites Hotel West Property in Texas.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Hilton is the most non loyal company I have ever done business with. Their best price guarantee is a joke. I found a better rate on hotels.com and the booking agent from Hilton even verified it, but said that in order to get the price and 25% reduction I had submit a claim online for the best price guarantee. I did that, in fact I did twice on the same day of the booking. The site says your claim will be resolved in 24 hrs. I didn't receive a response in 24 hrs, so I called and they told me to call back on Monday, because the best rate claims department doesn't work on the weekend. I called Monday and I was told that they don't have reps that I can talk to for the best price and for me to submit an email. I did that and also resubmitted the claim.

A day later I received an email stating that my claim was not received and to submit again. So I submitted a claim again! By this time the rate on hotels.com had gone up, but I had a screenshot of the rate, so I emailed it over. Finally, after 6 days, I get a denial on the best rate, because they said they never got my claim and the better rate couldn't be found (of course it's 6 days later). They said that my screenshot was not good either, because it's not the booking page, even though the screenshot I had the price, hotel, same dates, same guest number, and same room type, and the original Hilton booking agent verified it. DON'T TRUST HILTON, THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUNAROUND AND DO NOT HAVE ANY LOYALTY TO THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This is a very nice hotel. I recommend this hotel when coming to the Morristown New Jersey area whether for personal or business. The location is good, the staff is great and the hotel room are large and nice.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The hotel in Greensboro, MC is clean, has the most comfortable sheets ever, the staff is the friendliest & most helpfully any time of the day. They just make guests want to live there. It really is a fantastic hotel.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I booked a room at Hilton Garden Inn, in Lancaster Pennsylvania. Because my room was prepaid, it was noncancelable and non-changeable, per Hilton cancellation policy. I booked a king deluxe room but was given 2 double beds, the mattress was so hard, the hotel had a bad odor, and the manager wore a white T-shirt. She was irate yelling at me when I mentioned this is not the room I booked, even asked if I wanted to choose another hotel. Her attitude was unacceptable and if the hotel was gone change anything on a prepaid room, someone could have given me a courtesy call.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I reached out to Hilton headquarters and CEO as I have a diamond status due to investing over $30,000 at the Hilton Suites due to home renovations. Irma hit... Power went out. Told guests that due to generator losing power (as they cleaned pool & ran pool filters), they would have to evacuate hotel. Then power came on & guess what... Still evacuated hotel. Then within two days of complete evacuation & accessing guest rooms when personal property still in rooms, they started to accept new reservations and up and running. Literally when evacuated... Gas stations out of gas & hotels booked all the way up to state of Georgia. Guest evacuated to a homeless desperate situation. When reaching out to Hilton (the only reason I stayed at property was due to the Hilton name at the top of the building - big mistake).

I was finally contacted & was basically passed over to the management company who is doing NOTHING (Stanford Property Corporation). Not to mention that the always offered Florida resident rate was yanked off the Hilton Honors site with Irma headed right to us... WOW. How disgusting. HILTON now I understand you have mostly (1 STAR RATINGS). The idea that you passed me off to the management company today and said "we want to give the management company the opportunity to make this right". Really! While guests are left HOMELESS... Caused by STANFORD MANAGEMENT/HILTON... Guess who is left out from getting a chance to be ok. This guest that invested over $30,000... In the last 5 months. Deep pockets upper HILTON Executive team... SHAME ON YOU! This will go to the attention of Attorney General Pam Bondi's office.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

The Hilton in Montgomery, AL has very friendly and warm staff that work there from check in to check out. The Hampton Inn and Hilton Hotels never disappoint. I really enjoy the beds and amenities there. The continental breakfasts are great!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We stayed in the executive level @ the Shinjuku Hilton. Wow. Service was great and the executive lounge was awesome. We will stay here every time we visit Tokyo and we have told many of our friends and family. If you are trying to decide the Hyatt or the Hilton, we recommend the Hilton.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I was given a room on the 10th floor with a full size bed (probably because of an airline voucher). However, that was not the issue. My room has the dirtiest carpet (which I complained about) and the shower leaked. This room was not taken care of. However, it did have a coffee pot and TV.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I never thought I'd be writing about the experience I had from customer service of a big hotel company. The point of customer service is for a company to be there for their guests, to answer their questions, to do whatever it takes to solve someone's problem. However, the customer service experience I recently had with Hilton was terrible. And I am writing this to warn you, to warn others, of what may occur if you have a serious problem with a Hilton hotel, and how no one will be on your side. Of how people in the company will basically accuse you of lying, and how they will only be on the hotel's side, trying to brush away your problem.

In August, I stayed at Embassy Suites Fort Myers - Estero with my family, a hotel that we have stayed at over five times. It was our home away from home, until our terrible experience this year where we discovered the terrible sanitary conditions throughout the hotel and bedbugs in our room. After coming to the conclusion that there were bedbugs in my room, I reached out to customer service on the phone, and was basically told that they would try to help me. After my call, I received an email stating, "We take your feedback very seriously and will do everything possible to resolve your concerns in a satisfactory manner as quickly as possible. Please allow us 72 business hours to resolve this matter for you."

Everything this company writes in their emails and state are lies. First of all, what must be mentioned is that I was not helped at all in that 72 hour time frame that was promised in the email. I received no phone call, no email. I felt that no one cared about my case. And this was also a serious one - if it was something minor, then I wouldn't have taken it so seriously. But I wanted to make sure that no guest would ever experience this hotel as we had. A few days later, I receive a phone call in my room, with a message from a hotel staff member stating that they had professionals checking our room for bedbugs, and that no bugs were found, and instead, sand was found which may prove that instead of us saying that there were bedbugs and that we have bites, there could have been sand fleas. This shows how Hilton, which made the hotel do this "check", did not trust us.

We have stayed at this hotel and in this area so many times, and never encountered sand fleas (after always going to the same beach) or bedbugs. The company and hotel didn't want to do anything about our problem. A few days later, I received an email from Hilton again, promising that the problem will be resolved within 72 hours it was the same email I previously received. Nothing was done for me, and this case did not progress anywhere.

And finally, I kept receiving an abundance of emails that looked like this (after my stay and after I posted my review of the hotel on TripAdvisor and Google): "Recently you contacted Hilton with your comments regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Fort Myers - Estero, FL. We're happy to see that we have been in touch with you and resolved your concerns. Thanks for your ongoing loyalty and understanding. If you have any questions, please simply reply to this email for further assistance." This email made it look as if all the problems I had were resolved, when Hilton did not even try to help me. I am so surprised with the quality of this company and how I used to trust the customer service.

Now, it seems as if I ever have a question or concern, it will never be resolved because the company just doesn't care. They just want you to keep coming to their hotels, and they won't take concerns seriously to make your experience better. Their hotels and company certainly isn't perfect, and there is always room for improvement. Now, it is definitely unclear if my concerns will be resolved. Will the hotel do something to get rid of the bedbugs and prevent this from happening again (in past years, they always had sprays to make sure that a spread of these pests wouldn't occur. This has stopped), and will they look into the sanitary conditions of the hotel? No, because they don't care. And this is why I'm writing this and why I wrote the review of the hotel: to show other travellers the true side of Hilton and its hotels. No one cares about their guests.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I was in town for an emergency. My father had to be taken to the hospital & is currently not doing well so you can imagine that at this time things are rough. I was there a while & felt good with the fact that one it's a Hilton & secondly the staff seemed to be understanding & extremely helpful at face value of course. After all that's all we see & meet of the people at the front counter anyway right? Boy was I wrong! I was charged $118 and some change. So they're saying I was charged $91 for the night, $17 for parking, then taxes. So this is to bring everyone up to date & what's going on. Ok I'm explaining to everyone that it wasn't a invalid charge. First off the valet is only $15 a night which there is a big black sign on the podium that states that a night. On top of the fact that I'm explaining that I used points for that night.

Now you all are taking my money & point & either giving them to someone else or someone is pocketing the funds. This is supposed to be a Hilton. I never would have thought this would be a situation that Hilton would have done or allow to happen. This is why I contacted corporate & now no one wants to help at the corporate level either to find out what happened. I stay at many of Hiltons all around the world for my company & never had to think twice that I would have to worry about lower standards of a Hilton. On top of which I tried to talk to them at that Hilton & then someone from your Guest Correspondence team just calls them back to hear them tell them no as well. With that being said what did I contact corporate for & how did you all help or look into to problem? Extremely disappointed & dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

The Williamsburg Hilton before reserving, states free cancellation... Once reserved you are then informed that if you cancel, your card will be charged for the whole amount. But that's not all... The reservations were made for Oct. 14th 2017 to Oct. 20th 2017 and Hilton charged my credit card for the entire amount of the stay on Aug 24th 2017. I have never heard of a hotel charging the customer for the entire stay almost 2 months before the stay. I will never use Hilton again. My card was being used to hold the room for my son's Honeymoon, and to be paid for by my father the day of check in.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

If I can give a zero, I will. This is beyond disappointing. My family and I stayed with one of the hotels in Delaware, the pots has residues on it, the bathroom is dirty and has some stains on it. The telephone is not even working, I have to go down to complain about it and all I get is a dishwashing liquid and not even an apology. Called customer service and they said somebody will call me back in 3 days, nobody did. Called again and spoke with a lady by the name of Kristine who was very arrogant and rude and even threatened me to close my account. No apology or anything, I asked for the number of the corporate and she said they are corporate. She said there is nothing she can do just to file a report and that's it. Very rude customer service! Will not recommend.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

No record of reservation - We booked a Hilton Hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark in March, several months ago in anticipation of a cruise from this city. The Hilton Hotel at the Copenhagen airport was sold to Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport sometime after we booked. Both I and my brother's confirmed Hilton reservation became "inactive/void".

Nobody contacted us from either hotel regarding this matter and in checking our reservation to be sure everything was set for our trip, four days prior to arrival on August 10th, we found that nobody had our original reservations. Hilton took no responsibility for this and Clarion did the same. When I called Hilton Honors, I was told that the confirmed reservation we made did no longer existed and that since the Hilton was sold to Clarion, Hilton had no further responsibility. I was told that we had to coordinate with Clarion Hotel.

Consequently, we are having to start the process again at inflated hotel rates - only a few days left till the cruise! This does not speak very highly of their customer service. I would advise others to be skeptical of the services of these two hotels, especially Hilton. I can't understand why Hilton did not advise or coordinate with us. This situation has cause both of us a lot of grief. I spent six hours on the computer searching for an adequate Hotel four days prior to our departure at prices that were much greater than what we booked on March 19th and feel that Hilton should have provide some sort of compensation. Not happy with Hilton Hotel.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

No record of reservation - We booked a Hilton Hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark several months ago in anticipation of a cruise from this city. The Hilton was apparently sold to Clarion Hotels and my reservation was made "inactive". Nobody contacted us from either hotel regarding this matter and in checking our reservation to be sure everything was set for our trip, we found that nobody had our reservation. Hilton took no responsibility for this and Clarion did the same. Consequently, we are having to start the process again at inflated hotel rates - only a few days left till the cruise! This does not speak very highly of their customer service. We will NEVER use either hotel in our travels, and we travel frequently. I would advise others to be skeptical of the services of these two hotels, especially Hilton.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Service and Theft: On Saturday July 15th, 2017, we attempted to check in at the Hilton Rome Airport. Upon my surprise as a HH Member, when I lined up in the line, they advised me it was first come first served. My wife attempted to speak to the Manager, and left her computer bag with suitcases beside me. Within 30 seconds the computer bag and contents were taken. I have not heard back from Hilton, I have filled in both a police/hotel report.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I booked a recently built hotel through Hilton Honors in Austin, Texas for three days July 4-July 7, 2017. I was charged 411.23 for the three nights. When we arrived to the hotel, there was all kind of construction materials around the building. It was locked down with signs indicating, "Keep Out Under Construction". I had to find a new hotel and pay upfront for the three days, therefore I was short of money during my trip due to their mistake. When I called the Hilton Customer Service operators, they were extremely rude and had no regards for my whole situation. I had to send copies of my bank statements to Hilton Customer Service Department, or they would not process me a refund. I received a check two weeks later through regular mail.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Arrived on the 21 of Aug 2017 to check for a family reunion. Went to our room. Me and my wife went to visit family here in Jackson MS. Get back to our room. Pull back the covers on the bed. It has lots of hair on it. Pull back the cover on the second bed. It had dirt on it. We took pictures of it. Went to the front desk to let them know. They move us to another room. Ok. Slept in that room. Woke up the next day. Went to our family reunion. Came to our room to relax from a long day and our tv didn't work. Call to the front desk to let them know we are very dissatisfied. Will never come here again. Hilton in Jackson MS and very unprofessional.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have booked many of trips where we spend enough money to be treated like regular humans. I had swore that our last stay was it due to a rude breakfast attendant to my partner and I. But against my better judgment I booked a stay in Hernando, MS for today. I always book with a prepaid card and charge my bank card when we check in. Always have done it this way. Well I get a call at 10 am and a CSR at the hotel tells me that she has to charge me the full amount before check in. I try to explain to her how I have always done it, and she tells me that's my personal problem. Appalled I called the call center to only get the phone hung up in my face twice. This by far is the worst I have ever been treated. Crazy thing is my daughter had a sleepover at this hotel in Hernando, and we booked the exact same way and didn't have a problem. I try to stay loyal to a brand but this is pure crazy. Never again.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Ok, I tell you we will not again stay at any Hilton hotel ever again! We checked in, online and it verified our DoubleTree suite at Ontario, Ca was a 950 square feet suite with a balcony with a view of the San Bernardino Mountains. Well this suite had no balcony, was 700 square feet, no trash cans, tv channels did not work (DirecTV). The bill should have been $859.00, when we checked out Saturday, I paid cash, after arguing with the front desk over the aforementioned issues and they finally agreed. Well Lo and behold I get four yes FOUR invoices at the same time, two for $1,115.00 each and two for $911.50 each, and Monday I see my bank account is charged $2,230.50 and the next day another $1,823.00 and Wed another $1,115.00 to total $5,068.00.

I just about fainted. I contact our bank, and went over everything, they opened multiple claims against Hilton, and yes I contacted Hilton, had multiple texting with them, and they finally admitted they authorized charges to me, yet would not resolve this theft. So I made a police report and contacted my bank and the bank helped me resolve this. I am blown away, and shall not ever again be a customer of any Hilton locations ever again.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I had stayed at Hilton Wild-wood hotel between 26-28 June. During entering to the Hotel at 26 June I had clearly mentioned to the front desk personal to not charge anything to my given credit card. Afterwards during check-out a different front desk personnel had informed me that they had charged the additional expenses in 28th June morning at 07:30 am to not face any problem. When I had informed the front desk personnel that I had already requested in the beginning to not charge the expenses to my given credit card, her reaction was quite interesting and unpolite. She had told me "I was not the person who you questioned to not charge anything to your credit card therefore I cannot help you."

Afterwards when I insist to pay cash instead of credit card she called her manager which was the person who I had complete my check-in operatio. When her manager came out she recognized my request and fix the problem and get the payment cash for the expenses. However I would like to inform you that I am really very upset about the above situation which I had faced from a very "Big" hotel chain. I have couple of question for above mentioned situation;

Whenever I'll decide to stay in a Hilton hotel chain, do I need find all front desk personnel one by one and inform them to not charge any expense on my given credit card? Does Hilton chain hotels consider all their customers as potential thiefs that will not pay the expenses and run away, if not why do you charge the expenses to the credit card without customer confirmation in the early morning. There should be a really sententious cause for it. (Even someone will runaway they can still charge the credit card as I know). Do I always need to think questions before staying in a Hilton hotel chain. Would you personally prefer to stay in a Hotel chain which front desk personnel prefers to not help you to solve your problem and instead blame you to not inform her/him one by one with a very rude attitude.

Hilton expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.

• Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.

• Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.

• Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.

• Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.

• Best for: Hilton Hotels & Resorts is good for solo travelers, couples, business travelers, retirees and anyone who is looking for a full service upscale hotel.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs