2.11/5

512 Hilton Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

It is impossible to get Hilton to honor their price match policy. It is a marketing ploy, fraudulent, and misleading. There is no way to successfully file a price match claim. They make excuses and when they realize you caught them red handed they hang up. Do it with online form and they deny claim any way they can. I have screenshots of precisely the same reservation at the exact same hotel for the exact same dates and they still wouldn’t honor it. They will claim anything from it being “opaque” to saying the room may not have the same view. It’s bogus!

Original review: March 16, 2019

Let me start by saying I pretty much stay in hotels for a living. My job has me on the road as much as 20 or more weeks a year and has been this way for the last 15 years both domestic as well as international. I've come to know what to expect from any given hotel at any destination. This is why the production companies I work for as well as myself choose to book Hilton whenever possible. This being said, on 1/11/19 myself along with two colleagues had a three room two night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Albany, Ga. We were in town shooting a film for GMA (the Georgia Municipal Association).

That first night after a long day working we all noticed the extreme softness of the water and how slippery it was. On the way out to dinner we made sure to mention this to the front desk. The following night the water took its toll. While washing my hair both of my feet lost grip and down I went, landing directly on the right side of my back with my shoulder striking the toilet and knocking it off of its foundation. Long story short. The response from the employees was swift and respectful. After two consecutive nights in the ER in two different cities, contusions to my kidney and two weeks on the mend all is OK. The only sore spot I have is with Hilton Customer Service. Since the accident, I have been promised a proportionate compensation in Hilton Honors Points and still nothing.

I am a little shocked at this, it's almost a no brainer. The customer service representative that was assigned to my case as well as the hotel manager refuse to answer and/or return my calls. My only recourse is to vent in this review. There were other non related elements about this hotel that I found a bit beneath the Hilton bar, but this I can't let pass. To this day we still hold Hilton properties in the top three when booking travel but I am very disappointed. If you do plan to stay at this particular hotel, ask for a non slip mat at the desk or wear a pair of non slip shoes. Hopefully they will address this issue.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Warning. In recent travels (seven states, fourteen hotels) — Hilton Hotels & Resorts has shown to be ill equipped to handle hypoallergenic rooms down to the sheets. Using Tide (full of chemicals and an F grade as per Environmental Working Group) is like rubbing peanuts on the sheets of someone with a peanut allergy. I became very ill in an Alburqurque Hilton and unlike Marriott Hotels, who seem to know what they are doing, Hilton could not care less that I was covered in hives and unable to eat for two days. They not even paying me back for the $35 sheets I had to purchase for the duration of my trip (shortened by 10 days). Never Hilton. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I stayed at Portland Oregon Hilton New Years Eve. I stepped out to buy a bottle of wine, gone 20 min. In the meantime my friend called for a fan to be delivered. When we came back the fan was delivered right by my suitcase. Well 5000 worth of jewelry was missing from my suitcase, which was closed when I left. So they know who was sent up right?? Customer service was horrible. Manager hung up on us when we initially called.

Seriously, After several attempts they comped my room fee BUT... DENIED my claim for the theft. When asked about the follow up with staff no answer. So I went to all areas of management available, and no one will reply. In essence anyone can steal from you at Hilton and nothing will happen. Where does it state that Hilton is not responsible for employees actions? This is what I expect from Motel 6 not the Hilton. Never trust them again, and will continue to press for info on who the person was in my room that day. What horsecrap.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Hilton really needs to work on its service, planning and logistics. They could engage in better planning in order to not leave guests without a hotel. I have been a loyal Diamond member for a number of years, but my most recent experience is leading me to rethink that loyalty. My wife and I had an anniversary trip planned for March 10th to March 14th at the Jewel Paradise Cove resort in Jamaica (Part of the Hilton - Curio Collection). Less than 3 weeks before our vacation, we are notified by Hilton that the resort will no longer be affiliated with Hilton as of March 6th. Now, we had paid with our Hilton points for that reservation. So with only 2.5 weeks to go before our vacation, my wife and I are scrambling to find another resort (as plane tickets aren't the easiest things to get refunded). And instead of being able to pay with points we'll have to shell out of our own pocket.

I understand things like this happen, but come on. Don't tell me this wasn't in the works for a while. Hilton should have posted on their reservation website months ago if something like this was coming down the pipeline. Then, they should have done an analysis to see when they had reservations through. Then, they could have reasonably pushed out the date to when the resort had few reservations, giving those last few plenty of time to make changes. But this isn't what Hilton does. They give travelers 2.5 weeks to make changes... which isn't easy when your trip is planned during spring break time and a lot of places are booked. Again, Hilton has potentially ruined an anniversary trip. Thanks Hilton for your horrible service to Diamond members. Guess my wife and I will start considering other hotels when we travel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Good area, but worse management for sure! I wrote & complained to Mrs. Sabrina ** about my experiences staying at this Hotel and she doesn't even care or reply back. Every time I travelling to Germany, I stayed at the Hilton Garden Hotel. Six month ago I left my luggage with them. When I return back they unlocked my � keychain and took my belonging out, stuff I bought from Switzerland and Austria, which was only chocolate's and souvenir. I traveling for business & pleasure around the world. Never ever I've experienced things like that in my life. To be honest I should've called the police. It was not about what they took from me, simple for what they did. It wasn't right!!! I always love Hilton, but not at the Frankfurt Garden Hilton. Never ever again for sure. Why would I wasting my money plus energy on this Hotel... Better staying at the Sheraton Hotel.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My husband and I recently stayed 8 nights at the Homewood Suites in Tempe/Asu Area. What a wonderful experience we had there. From Ryan **, to the asst. managers, Van drivers and housekeeping, we had the best care and attention you could ask for. We would especially like to think Ryan for his assistance in getting tickets to the Waste Management Golf Tournament. Not only did he help us but when he was given tickets to the Pro/Am on Wed. he gave them to us. The evening meals were always great and just what we needed after a day of golf. We are Hilton Honors members and have been to many Hilton Hotels but this was probably our best experience with Hilton ever. Thank you for making our vacation just what we needed. The Weather was just perfect also! We needed that! Thanks so much.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I am very upset that Hilton shares my information with Blue Green Resorts, who could be part of the Hilton Group. Blue Green is a sham and if Hilton has to give them my information I will no longer stay at Hilton Hotels.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I made a reservation by mistake for 12/22. Hilton did change my reservation to 12/27, this allowed me to utilize room, Cabana room, thanks. Stayed in the North Tower the night before, had to check in @ South Tower. I’m 63 and this wore me out, carrying luggage. Key didn’t work, had to make the trip back to get new key, then back to room. Was moved to Cabana next day, staff was great, helping me with luggage and escorting me to the Cabana Room.

Location of room was great. But, compared to the cost of room (this had been done by mistake). Took me a good 5 min to figure out how to use the shower (handicap room), also the floor looked clean, but was really sticky. That evening I looked at the bottom of my feet, filthy. Had to wash my feet sitting on side of the bed before I went to sleep. Disgusting. I never wanted a Cabana Room, made mistake reserving room THRU Priceline. Originally wanted regular room for three nights, but after mistake could only afford two nights. It’s a shame a Cabana Room wasn’t perfect for the price I HAD TO PAY!!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

This applies only to this specific location. I am a Hilton Honors gold member. I arrived and the line was 10 people deep. There were only 2 people helping out. The line was not defined - customers were confused where the line started. There was no flow. I used the Hilton app to check in instead but I needed extra keys so lined up for 10-15 minutes only to be given 2 keys that were NOT ACTIVATED! I went downstairs to line up AGAIN - line was still 10 person deep. There was no effort to direct the flow. It was chaotic. There was no effort to open another check-in desk.

After 15 minutes of waiting, I was finally able to talk to the check-in staff and complain that the keys were not even active. NO APOLOGIES. Instead of any apologies for the long wait or for the INACTIVE KEYS, the lady simply said out loud "You're welcome!" This is the rudest customer treatment. I have stayed at other Embassy Suites (Alexandria, VA/Reston, VA /Huntsville, AL/Birmingham, AL/South San Francisco, CA). The staff at those hotels were excellent and polite.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We have stayed at the Puerto Vallarta Hilton resort – Mexico. It was the worst experience we ever had with Hilton. The rooms are dated with a strong smell of mold, mold could be seen on the floor, air-condition, doors and everywhere. We had to put towels on the floor as our baby was crawling in the room and the molds was so disgusting. The door lock was broken, the safe was broken and can't be use, chairs and table legs are rusty, the bed was old and mattress was sinking down at the center, make sleeping almost impossible with back pain every morning. This place by far was our worst vacation we ever had.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Booked way in advance and paid extra for an “oversized room”. Apparently, this means the ceilings are higher because it’s in the corner (no I’m not kidding!!!). Front desk personnel says they get a lot of complaints about it but would do nothing. False advertising??? Travel a lot. Won’t use Hilton again. I put one star because they wouldn’t let me leave it at zero.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My husband and I were stuck in an elevator and had to climb out the top of the ceiling on a vertical ladder through a very small space. It was the Hilton Garden Inn located in Lubbock, Texas. We were told we would receive some points for our Hilton honors account right away for the “inconvenience” of getting stuck in an elevator. The manager couldn’t even talk to us the next day (even though he promised to) and had an associate call us and let us know they will give us points but are unable to refund ANY monetary amount. We were just completely distraught and my fear of claustrophobia really took over.

Days and then weeks went by and still 0 points in my account. I called the hotel and also the customer service number but got absolutely nowhere. Shouldn’t we get some kind of partial refund or something?! I’m absolutely appalled by the customer service this company has and how they handled the situation. Our attorney is now involved so hopefully we can get some answers. Attached are photos from incident.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I am in a wheelchair, I reserved a handicapped room - it was not. I could not use the bath tub, and using the water closet was very difficult. They did refund the money, so - two stars. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the other guests were quiet, but the breakfast was terrible.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

There were no amenities such as cocktails, chocolates, or extras, but there was water in the room and a small gift shop where toiletries. Seattle does not have good hotels and many have bed bugs there. This hotel was old but clean. The public areas were nice, and there was a coffee shop and bar on premises, but the rooms were very scuffed up and dampish. However, they were clean. The DoubleTree used to be the premier for the Hilton brand, but now is the lowest category of the hotel brand.

It was okay (3 star), but definitely not a 4 star hotel. Our Texas hotels are just soooooo much better (usually). There are some in Austin that are an exception, but by and large the Hill Country hotel chains, such as around Marble Falls, are much nicer than even the best rated in Seattle. Check out the La Quinta and Hampton Inn in Marble Falls. Those are beautiful hotels, that give you a glass of wine on check-in, free breakfast, sandwiches, stunning views of the lake, and a beautiful pool area with fireplace, etc. Check out the San Luis, Galvez, and Tremont in Galveston, or the Hilton Clear Lake. Customers get much more for much less here.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

The room was filthy - the carpet had not been vacuumed, there was hair between the top sheet and blanket, and there were tracks, from either a cleaning cart or suitcase on the bathroom tile. The hotel manager tried to claim the marks on the tile were simply a pattern on the tile. Maybe if it were on ALL of the tiles not just on two of them.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

The staff was friendly enough and helpful. Free breakfast was same thing as usual but often low on fruit. It was free but I chose to go somewhere and pay for a decent meal. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. There were lots of good tv channels. It's a convenient location. Plenty of free parking.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

The stay itself was just fine, but I was given 3 different prices online, at check in, and at check out. A little more transparency with fees would be great. We saved up a certain about, thought we had enough, then had to scramble to get more at checkout.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I’m a 7 year Diamond level member who stays on average over 100 night per year with Hilton and around 75 with Marriott. I’ve already stayed 108 nights this year with Hilton and, for no reason, my membership was downgraded to Gold?? No explanation?! I connected with Hilton Honors for an explanation. I received a response from a rep stating that I have achieved a satisfactory number of stays and nights to reach Diamond level but my status is Gold. Really? That’s the explanation? This is what I’m finding over and over when dealing with the so called Honors support group. Needless to say, moving forward, I’ll be staying over 175 nights per year with Marriott and 0 with Hilton. Fix the customer service for your best business customers or become a discount hotel chain.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

It's better than expected, but the coffee was terrible. The hotel looks good, did not use the gym, but it looked good, room clean and comfortable, great easy access from the airport. The breakfast was ok. Waffle maker out of order, very artificial juice, but overall it was a good hotel experience. Very nice people.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I had such an amazing stay. The hotel was beautiful, and the decor was so perfect. The staff was so polite and professional. I would recommend this hotel all day and everyday to everyone. It was perfect, I loved the hotel. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

The staff went above and beyond anything we needed. They were so friendly and the room was excellent - Clean; Updated; layout nice; comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay and from now on we will stay at the Hilton Gardens Hotels - you can't go wrong with them. They doubled our points when we needed extra towels even though they did nothing wrong.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

They stopped breakfast during the weekend but failed to notify us upon checking in and water refresher was broken the whole stay, and the hotel bus wouldn't drive us to site and house in Concord. Finally the hotel never would work, just like last time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have stayed at Hilton before and this is not exactly what I would expect of the Hilton chain. Very disappointing to say the least. The room was not fully cleaned and there was dust on floor around furniture. Ceiling bulbs not working, dirty clothes on floor behind chair. Refrigerator ran 24 hrs and made lots of noise. Ice machine not working.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Driving to the Hilton at Lincoln Center is a beautiful oasis. Really incredibly beautiful that’s why I chose to stay there. I enter and begin the long wait standing at the front desk where there are two men behind the counter conversing with other guest. No person even acknowledges that I am there. A young man rushed by asking what I want “check in”.

Now it’s been at least 15 minutes and I am still standing with my purse and important small carry on. Very tired. I interrupt the man from his long conversation and he quickly says I can’t check in. The reason appears to be that my mother’s name is Charlene ** on reservation and my name is Rhonda. I had used my mother’s account on Booking.com as I had for at least 5 other bookings over 2-3 months. I left the property. I inform Booking.com that I never checked in. I check my Visa bill and see that it has still not been credited. Booking was June 22, 2018 # **. I will call Hilton Lincoln Center Monday to resolve the charge to my Visa bill for $126.00 when I was not allowed to check in. Today is November 25th.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I have been staying at Hilton Hotels for few months now. Average of 10 days a month. I missed a reservation and had to pay the cancellation days fee. I missed the reservation and have no issue with that. What I have an issue with is since I missed the first day it canceled my entire stay that I got for a reduced rate. Now I have to rebook at a higher rate and 2 days cost as much as 3 days would have cost. Called customer service to try and get the day added to my Hilton Honors account. They informed me it is policy that you must stay the night to get credit on your Honors account however I fail to understand why because the fee charged is the same as the room rate plus all taxes.

Upon rebooking the price goes up. Original price was 103 a night and now is 179 a night. Little excessive in my opinion. My experience with Hilton Honors customer service on the phone was poor. I say this because my friend had the same thing happen to him and he called. Just so happen to have the name of the person and the confirmation number given. They were more than helpful when they are in the wrong and didn’t offer any upgrades or try and make it right that is why I based the experience within Hilton’s customer service as less than adequate!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Being handicapped, I asked for a shower chair. They had none available. I had already asked for a reclining chair, as I can only sleep in one. When I called the front desk, they also told me they had none.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The room, amenities, staff, were fantastic. Felt like I was home. The management time was plentiful, a chance to meet staff and other hotel stays. Always tried to assist you immediately to ensure our stay was great. The room always smelled freshly cleaned and if there were requests the requests were met.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My experience at Hyatt was pretty bad. My pillow case had lipstick on it, the bathroom had clean towels, but the floor was dirty with hair, the shampoo had not been changed out. Someone put a Do Not Disturb sign on our door the day we were gone all day, so the room was never cleaned and the front desk refused to give us fresh towels, saying they had none at the desk.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The Hilton Hotel is convenient to Harvard Square without being in the mass tourist area. Great for handicap travelers, clean and good breakfast, spacious room. Our daughter lives in Arlington which made it easy for us to go back and forth to her home.

Hilton expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hilton opened its first hotel in 1919, and it has become a highly recognized name in the hospitality industry. Hilton Hotels & Resorts is Hilton Worldwide’s flagship brand. The Hilton Hotels and Resorts brand alone has more than 500 hotels on six continents.

• Award winning: The World Travel Awards named Hilton Hotels & Resorts North America's Leading Hotel Brand in 2015. The same year, Hilton Worldwide was named a Top-50 Green Brand by Forbes and a Top Green Company by Newsweek.

• Spa: Hilton Worldwide created the eforea spa with global travelers’ high standards in mind. The spa provides guests with experiences to encourage balance and wellness. Select Hilton Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree Hotels and Embassy Suites have eforea, and sample menus can be found on Hilton’s website.

• Twitter: Hilton has an active Twitter feed, and @HiltonSuggests tweets recommendations for travelers. All recommendations come from employees’ personal experience with local businesses and attractions.

• Rewards: Hilton HHonors, the free Hilton Worldwide rewards program, lets guest use points for free nights. It also includes other perks, including access to free standard Wi-Fi and the option to check-in from Hilton’s smartphone app. With the app, guests can even select their own room.

• Community involvement: Hilton Worldwide is committed to corporate responsibility. In 2015, Hilton employees volunteered a total of 213,000 hours in their local communities. Hilton has also partnered with PointWorthy so Hilton HHonors members can convert their unused points into a cash donation to the organization of their choice.

• Best for: Hilton Hotels & Resorts is good for solo travelers, couples, business travelers, retirees and anyone who is looking for a full service upscale hotel.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs