3.75/5

545 Hilton Hotels Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 3, 2019

Being a member of HH, if I could give this hotel 0 stars I would and I’ve never stayed there. With the stress of planning a wedding and blocking rooms I was given the complete runaround and misinformation. I was not notified of the timeline nor deadline. My guests ended up having reservations elsewhere and I was basically made to feel as if my business was not needed. I understand the weekend reserved was a holiday weekend, but you would think that a client that invest money into the company would aim to help those clients with care. Utterly disappointed that I get a call weeks later only for her to ask for more time to investigate. The excuse given was the person helping me went out to have a baby. I understand things happen, but you as a company dropped the ball. I beg your pardon ma’am my wedding is in 3 weeks so whatever help you could give is basically out of the window anyway and you’ve lost my trust as a company.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at 45 East 33rd Street, New York for about 5 weeks in the early Spring of 2016, ca. April-May. The hotel committed massive fraud against me charging my bank debit card every night during my stay even though I was paying them cash every night. So I was paying for two rooms every night during my stay even though I only had 1 room. I have repeatedly demanded a refund from the facility and they have repeatedly ignored my demands. I have the receipts to prove that this fraud, totally more than $16,000.00, took place.

I have had numerous discussions with a manager named ** there and he just stonewalls, denies and lies. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they were completely useless, giving me the runaround and taking no useful action whatsoever. Bottom line: Don’t stay at this facility. They will steal your hard-earned money. Period. PS: I made the initial reservation through Priceline, and they ripped me off, too. I will do a separate review for them.

Original review: April 22, 2019

After having an issue at a Hampton Inn, I was told by Hilton that I would be getting a voucher for a free night's stay. I was told 7 to 10 days for processing. After waiting two weeks, I called and emailed Hilton and they basically said to keep waiting. Around a month and a half later, I had to call an email them again to find out what was going on. They said they'd mail me another one. So, almost 2 months later I finally receive the voucher and I use it at a Hampton Inn (NJ). I checked out, gave the voucher, and I was told everything was ok. Later in the day, I checked my bank account and saw the hotel had charged me for the stay. I called the hotel and they said my voucher was voided... so they had to charge me for the stay!!!

I called Hilton Honors, and they basically said I have to sit and wait for the resent voucher to arrive to me and I'd have to hand deliver it back to the hotel to get my money back. I told them this was unacceptable, and the mistake was not my fault and I demanded my money be refunded to my debit card. I was told several times they cannot help me and I have to sit and wait for the voucher to get sent to me so I can give it to the Hampton Inn. I expressed my dissatisfaction and NOBODY could do anything about it. I asked for a supervisor or manager, and I was told there was nobody there for me to speak with. I emailed several contacts at Hilton (CEO, Manager of Customer Service, etc)... and I have yet to hear from anyone. So, I have $125.21 charged to my debit card and I'm basically STUCK until this voucher arrives to me. Then I'll have to make special trip back to the hotel to submit it and get my money back.

I can't believe a huge hotel chain like Hilton couldn't do anything to reverse the charges and not rip me off. Absolutely unbelievable. Going forward... I'm choosing another hotel chain for all of my lodging. If you are promised a voucher for a free stay... be prepared to wait 2 months for it and you better pray it's not voided. Robert

Original review: April 16, 2019

My humble opinion and I believe the following: I will NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR STAY AT A HILTON HOTEL AGAIN! October 6, 2018 Saturday 310pm spoke to hotel manager George. He said the toilet paper roll should’ve been changed. He said by Jacuzzi soap should of been left for the bubble bath soap. He did tell them to change the sheets and pillows. He doesn’t know why they weren’t. He said, “Tv nothing can be done. You can do demand movies no charge.” 325 pm Eddie housekeeping supervisor came and said: Bottom sheet and pillows should of been changed and I showed him marks. I left to prove not changed. He said shower should of cleaned shower, jacuzzi, soap dish, sink counter top, glass cups, ice bag, toilet paper roll, etc.

I showed him all the pictures as proof when I came back. I told him I will leave negative reviews. I also showed him tv signal works off and on. He will send maintenance. He said, “This is not how we do things.” 350pm Al maintainer came for the tv. He said that can be fixed. He then came back and said it could not be fixed. October 7, 2018 Sunday 1030am check out Hilton Hotel Bianca I told her it was a terrible stay and will be giving negative reviews and comments all over the web, social media etc. I have pictures of the above issues and yet they placed cards which I have pictures of that states “if you're not satisfied with your stay let us know and we will make it right”. That’s their policy which I'm still not satisfied.

Be careful if you use a Costco credit card with Citibank for hotel services as I did. They refuse to handle a dispute for "services" at the hotel and told me I should of went to another Hotel. I booked a Hotel in a popular tourist site in another country and these idiots say I should of went to another hotel. I will NEVERRRRRRRRRR use the Costco Citibank credit card after my poor experiences. They refuse to take actions on my disputed charge etc. First I call and representative tells me my dispute is resolved then transfers me to dispute department that tells me they closed it in favor of merchant. Terrible representation for a dispute. Refuses to help and saids I used the services etc. Wow I will NEVVVVVVVER use Citi credit cards again. I find Chase to be way more helpful.

I feel Citi failed to help me or do anything hours later closed dispute. Sounds like a robot over and over saying they don't credit for services rendered yet I complained several times about the services. She then saids, “Citi don't dispute services rendered.” I said, ‘Why do you have dispute option for "services" then.” Another reason I stopped banking at Citibank. They failed to take any action on my dispute saying it as a "service" yet it’s about the poor quality of service. I feel I am not protected making purchases with a Citibank card if a dispute arises. At least Chase would call the merchant. Plus I get misinformed that it was resolved at first representative. "Resolved” usually means in favor of my complaint not a spin like you guys put it.

Original review: April 15, 2019

After traveling all day from South Texas to Worcester on her own, my daughter wasn't allowed to check in at the Hilton Homewood Suites in Worcester, MA because she is not 21. She was visiting for a college visit and clearly posed no risk for anyone. What a lack of sensitivity and common sense. @HiltonHotels claims to be inclusive of vulnerable communities. Clearly, this wasn't the case with my daughter. We later learned that another hotel (of the same chain) was allowing 18-year-old students to check in.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hilton?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I stayed at the Hilton Scotts Valley CA and was so disappointed with the management and room. The rooms were not clean. There was a loud motor humming all night. I had to turn on my laptop to distract me from hearing the humming when I was trying to sleep. They didn't offer a continental breakfast. They have a room/bar that you sit down and pay $17 per person for coffee and fruit. When speaking with the front desk I found the help rude and not helpful so much so I thought that they sure did not attend a class in hotel management. Avoid this hotel. Scotts Valley is so nice there are other hotels to stay in.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Approximately a year ago I made a reservation for a Hilton property. The reservation agent somehow got my call to a Vacation Club agent. The agent made an offer on some packages. I refused and then I was offered a deal on a property we had been curious about. We were told that we would be able to make a reservation at that location. When we tried to make a reservation we were told that there were no opening available. Over the last year we have been assigned six or seven different agents. None of them have come through with the original commitment. I have been told so many lies that I finally asked that all communication be in writing through email. I was told that written communication was against Hilton Company policy.

I asked for my money back since Hilton could not provide what was originally committed. I have never had any response to that request and have never been refunded the money. They have attempted to contact me after the year was up to extend the previous offer for a fee. I guess that tells me what they think about their customers and/or potential customers. I have made a complete change of my opinion of the Hilton Organization after this experience. If I could do a negative 5 stars I would do that.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I recently contacted HH by phone to enquire about a price match. I found a much cheaper price on a well known website and asked the operator to match it. There was lots of consternation and obfuscation and holding the line for a few minutes at a time when the operator said she would check something. Given the recent track record of the HH phone operators, I was NOT surprised to find myself disconnected all of a sudden. Shame on you Hilton Honors Australia reservations.

Despite taking my mobile phone number in case we get disconnected, you failed to contact me about this matter and my potential booking for a week now. I am afraid your program is worth zilch, zippo, nothing and your price match guarantee may be an aspirational target you are working towards. Maybe you can achieve this in the next millennium or so - I do not hold much hope this century! Given my very very bad experience and your very obvious lack of customer service and non adherence to your very own policies I could tell you where to stick your HH membership. Mike

Original review: March 19, 2019

It is impossible to get Hilton to honor their price match policy. It is a marketing ploy, fraudulent, and misleading. There is no way to successfully file a price match claim. They make excuses and when they realize you caught them red handed they hang up. Do it with online form and they deny claim any way they can. I have screenshots of precisely the same reservation at the exact same hotel for the exact same dates and they still wouldn’t honor it. They will claim anything from it being “opaque” to saying the room may not have the same view. It’s bogus!

Original review: March 16, 2019

Let me start by saying I pretty much stay in hotels for a living. My job has me on the road as much as 20 or more weeks a year and has been this way for the last 15 years both domestic as well as international. I've come to know what to expect from any given hotel at any destination. This is why the production companies I work for as well as myself choose to book Hilton whenever possible. This being said, on 1/11/19 myself along with two colleagues had a three room two night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Albany, Ga. We were in town shooting a film for GMA (the Georgia Municipal Association).

That first night after a long day working we all noticed the extreme softness of the water and how slippery it was. On the way out to dinner we made sure to mention this to the front desk. The following night the water took its toll. While washing my hair both of my feet lost grip and down I went, landing directly on the right side of my back with my shoulder striking the toilet and knocking it off of its foundation. Long story short. The response from the employees was swift and respectful. After two consecutive nights in the ER in two different cities, contusions to my kidney and two weeks on the mend all is OK. The only sore spot I have is with Hilton Customer Service. Since the accident, I have been promised a proportionate compensation in Hilton Honors Points and still nothing.

I am a little shocked at this, it's almost a no brainer. The customer service representative that was assigned to my case as well as the hotel manager refuse to answer and/or return my calls. My only recourse is to vent in this review. There were other non related elements about this hotel that I found a bit beneath the Hilton bar, but this I can't let pass. To this day we still hold Hilton properties in the top three when booking travel but I am very disappointed. If you do plan to stay at this particular hotel, ask for a non slip mat at the desk or wear a pair of non slip shoes. Hopefully they will address this issue.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Warning. In recent travels (seven states, fourteen hotels) — Hilton Hotels & Resorts has shown to be ill equipped to handle hypoallergenic rooms down to the sheets. Using Tide (full of chemicals and an F grade as per Environmental Working Group) is like rubbing peanuts on the sheets of someone with a peanut allergy. I became very ill in an Alburqurque Hilton and unlike Marriott Hotels, who seem to know what they are doing, Hilton could not care less that I was covered in hives and unable to eat for two days. They not even paying me back for the $35 sheets I had to purchase for the duration of my trip (shortened by 10 days). Never Hilton. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I stayed at Portland Oregon Hilton New Years Eve. I stepped out to buy a bottle of wine, gone 20 min. In the meantime my friend called for a fan to be delivered. When we came back the fan was delivered right by my suitcase. Well 5000 worth of jewelry was missing from my suitcase, which was closed when I left. So they know who was sent up right?? Customer service was horrible. Manager hung up on us when we initially called.

Seriously, After several attempts they comped my room fee BUT... DENIED my claim for the theft. When asked about the follow up with staff no answer. So I went to all areas of management available, and no one will reply. In essence anyone can steal from you at Hilton and nothing will happen. Where does it state that Hilton is not responsible for employees actions? This is what I expect from Motel 6 not the Hilton. Never trust them again, and will continue to press for info on who the person was in my room that day. What horsecrap.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Hilton really needs to work on its service, planning and logistics. They could engage in better planning in order to not leave guests without a hotel. I have been a loyal Diamond member for a number of years, but my most recent experience is leading me to rethink that loyalty. My wife and I had an anniversary trip planned for March 10th to March 14th at the Jewel Paradise Cove resort in Jamaica (Part of the Hilton - Curio Collection). Less than 3 weeks before our vacation, we are notified by Hilton that the resort will no longer be affiliated with Hilton as of March 6th. Now, we had paid with our Hilton points for that reservation. So with only 2.5 weeks to go before our vacation, my wife and I are scrambling to find another resort (as plane tickets aren't the easiest things to get refunded). And instead of being able to pay with points we'll have to shell out of our own pocket.

I understand things like this happen, but come on. Don't tell me this wasn't in the works for a while. Hilton should have posted on their reservation website months ago if something like this was coming down the pipeline. Then, they should have done an analysis to see when they had reservations through. Then, they could have reasonably pushed out the date to when the resort had few reservations, giving those last few plenty of time to make changes. But this isn't what Hilton does. They give travelers 2.5 weeks to make changes... which isn't easy when your trip is planned during spring break time and a lot of places are booked. Again, Hilton has potentially ruined an anniversary trip. Thanks Hilton for your horrible service to Diamond members. Guess my wife and I will start considering other hotels when we travel.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Good area, but worse management for sure! I wrote & complained to Mrs. Sabrina ** about my experiences staying at this Hotel and she doesn't even care or reply back. Every time I travelling to Germany, I stayed at the Hilton Garden Hotel. Six month ago I left my luggage with them. When I return back they unlocked my � keychain and took my belonging out, stuff I bought from Switzerland and Austria, which was only chocolate's and souvenir. I traveling for business & pleasure around the world. Never ever I've experienced things like that in my life. To be honest I should've called the police. It was not about what they took from me, simple for what they did. It wasn't right!!! I always love Hilton, but not at the Frankfurt Garden Hilton. Never ever again for sure. Why would I wasting my money plus energy on this Hotel... Better staying at the Sheraton Hotel.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I am very upset that Hilton shares my information with Blue Green Resorts, who could be part of the Hilton Group. Blue Green is a sham and if Hilton has to give them my information I will no longer stay at Hilton Hotels.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I made a reservation by mistake for 12/22. Hilton did change my reservation to 12/27, this allowed me to utilize room, Cabana room, thanks. Stayed in the North Tower the night before, had to check in @ South Tower. I’m 63 and this wore me out, carrying luggage. Key didn’t work, had to make the trip back to get new key, then back to room. Was moved to Cabana next day, staff was great, helping me with luggage and escorting me to the Cabana Room.

Location of room was great. But, compared to the cost of room (this had been done by mistake). Took me a good 5 min to figure out how to use the shower (handicap room), also the floor looked clean, but was really sticky. That evening I looked at the bottom of my feet, filthy. Had to wash my feet sitting on side of the bed before I went to sleep. Disgusting. I never wanted a Cabana Room, made mistake reserving room THRU Priceline. Originally wanted regular room for three nights, but after mistake could only afford two nights. It’s a shame a Cabana Room wasn’t perfect for the price I HAD TO PAY!!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

This applies only to this specific location. I am a Hilton Honors gold member. I arrived and the line was 10 people deep. There were only 2 people helping out. The line was not defined - customers were confused where the line started. There was no flow. I used the Hilton app to check in instead but I needed extra keys so lined up for 10-15 minutes only to be given 2 keys that were NOT ACTIVATED! I went downstairs to line up AGAIN - line was still 10 person deep. There was no effort to direct the flow. It was chaotic. There was no effort to open another check-in desk.

After 15 minutes of waiting, I was finally able to talk to the check-in staff and complain that the keys were not even active. NO APOLOGIES. Instead of any apologies for the long wait or for the INACTIVE KEYS, the lady simply said out loud "You're welcome!" This is the rudest customer treatment. I have stayed at other Embassy Suites (Alexandria, VA/Reston, VA /Huntsville, AL/Birmingham, AL/South San Francisco, CA). The staff at those hotels were excellent and polite.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We have stayed at the Puerto Vallarta Hilton resort – Mexico. It was the worst experience we ever had with Hilton. The rooms are dated with a strong smell of mold, mold could be seen on the floor, air-condition, doors and everywhere. We had to put towels on the floor as our baby was crawling in the room and the molds was so disgusting. The door lock was broken, the safe was broken and can't be use, chairs and table legs are rusty, the bed was old and mattress was sinking down at the center, make sleeping almost impossible with back pain every morning. This place by far was our worst vacation we ever had.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Booked way in advance and paid extra for an “oversized room”. Apparently, this means the ceilings are higher because it’s in the corner (no I’m not kidding!!!). Front desk personnel says they get a lot of complaints about it but would do nothing. False advertising??? Travel a lot. Won’t use Hilton again. I put one star because they wouldn’t let me leave it at zero.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My husband and I were stuck in an elevator and had to climb out the top of the ceiling on a vertical ladder through a very small space. It was the Hilton Garden Inn located in Lubbock, Texas. We were told we would receive some points for our Hilton honors account right away for the “inconvenience” of getting stuck in an elevator. The manager couldn’t even talk to us the next day (even though he promised to) and had an associate call us and let us know they will give us points but are unable to refund ANY monetary amount. We were just completely distraught and my fear of claustrophobia really took over.

Days and then weeks went by and still 0 points in my account. I called the hotel and also the customer service number but got absolutely nowhere. Shouldn’t we get some kind of partial refund or something?! I’m absolutely appalled by the customer service this company has and how they handled the situation. Our attorney is now involved so hopefully we can get some answers. Attached are photos from incident.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I am in a wheelchair, I reserved a handicapped room - it was not. I could not use the bath tub, and using the water closet was very difficult. They did refund the money, so - two stars. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the other guests were quiet, but the breakfast was terrible.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

The room was filthy - the carpet had not been vacuumed, there was hair between the top sheet and blanket, and there were tracks, from either a cleaning cart or suitcase on the bathroom tile. The hotel manager tried to claim the marks on the tile were simply a pattern on the tile. Maybe if it were on ALL of the tiles not just on two of them.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

The staff was friendly enough and helpful. Free breakfast was same thing as usual but often low on fruit. It was free but I chose to go somewhere and pay for a decent meal. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. There were lots of good tv channels. It's a convenient location. Plenty of free parking.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

The stay itself was just fine, but I was given 3 different prices online, at check in, and at check out. A little more transparency with fees would be great. We saved up a certain about, thought we had enough, then had to scramble to get more at checkout.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I’m a 7 year Diamond level member who stays on average over 100 night per year with Hilton and around 75 with Marriott. I’ve already stayed 108 nights this year with Hilton and, for no reason, my membership was downgraded to Gold?? No explanation?! I connected with Hilton Honors for an explanation. I received a response from a rep stating that I have achieved a satisfactory number of stays and nights to reach Diamond level but my status is Gold. Really? That’s the explanation? This is what I’m finding over and over when dealing with the so called Honors support group. Needless to say, moving forward, I’ll be staying over 175 nights per year with Marriott and 0 with Hilton. Fix the customer service for your best business customers or become a discount hotel chain.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

It's better than expected, but the coffee was terrible. The hotel looks good, did not use the gym, but it looked good, room clean and comfortable, great easy access from the airport. The breakfast was ok. Waffle maker out of order, very artificial juice, but overall it was a good hotel experience. Very nice people.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I had such an amazing stay. The hotel was beautiful, and the decor was so perfect. The staff was so polite and professional. I would recommend this hotel all day and everyday to everyone. It was perfect, I loved the hotel. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

The staff went above and beyond anything we needed. They were so friendly and the room was excellent - Clean; Updated; layout nice; comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay and from now on we will stay at the Hilton Gardens Hotels - you can't go wrong with them. They doubled our points when we needed extra towels even though they did nothing wrong.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

They stopped breakfast during the weekend but failed to notify us upon checking in and water refresher was broken the whole stay, and the hotel bus wouldn't drive us to site and house in Concord. Finally the hotel never would work, just like last time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have stayed at Hilton before and this is not exactly what I would expect of the Hilton chain. Very disappointing to say the least. The room was not fully cleaned and there was dust on floor around furniture. Ceiling bulbs not working, dirty clothes on floor behind chair. Refrigerator ran 24 hrs and made lots of noise. Ice machine not working.

Hilton Hotels Company Information