1.68/5

Mission Viejo, CA

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Global Exchange Vacation Club Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2019

We loved the experience of BB and Erica was a great help. The whole staff was wonderful and I would recommend them to family and friends. Thanks again for y'all help. We can't wait to take our first cruise soon.

Original review: May 12, 2019

BB was such an amazing experience, He asked us if we had a great experience to just leave a good review and I couldn’t deny him. The way that the presentation went was almost one of the best experiences of my life, more so because we didn’t know what to expect coming in but the way t(he)y explained the program and all the great things we can do with it we knew this is for us. Young man I want you to shoot for the stars and continue to be that special person you are, now dropping down to how we feel about it.

I can’t wait to be able to take these trips, there is a little bit of hesitation, still, but we feel about 80% safe and confident in our decision to join with you guys. People deserve to have things that you guys offer, the interest was a bit high for my liking, but I’m willing to deal with it especially if you can make my dreams come true with my family and do like you guys said. All it takes is a little bit of courage and a little bit of open mindedness and this this TRULY TRULY does make sense. Every now and then, we are offered opportunities that we just have to roll the dice on...this is one of those instances. I can’t wait to see what this program has to offer.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 8, 2019

We tried to book our free trip and it was so many blackout dates we just decided to give it to someone else. But at the same time we also bought into the program, I can kinda understand why people keep saying they’re scammers, definitely those free trips. We sit down with this guy named BB, he didn’t look anything like we expected nor did he act or talk like anything we expected, he actually made us feel comfortable throughout the whole interview process. Like, I mean literally, I think we bought into the program more due to him and his manager, (who also did the presentation) and how they really treated us like humans and not a number.

Reluctantly we did sign up, we finally received our login two weeks ago. And we booked our first trip, however we used our frequent flyer miles instead of their air traveling method. Now I’m expecting to see this great beautiful resort that I have booked for me and my family, but the booking is confirmed. I would give a five star but I feel like those marketing trips were a bit of fluff, so that almost was a yellow flag, but so far so good. We’re going to for St. Thomas 348 a week USD, I really hope it’s as beautiful a resort as the pics display.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Other than the receptionist who greeted us, and the young salesman that sat with us, I feel like I have been used and lied to! Everyone who was a part of this process was nice and danced around all of our questions, and said what they thought we wanted to hear! We agreed and signed for auto draft for our monthly payments with no problem, but we did not authorize GEVC to draft yearly dues, we would be getting statements or coupon book for those..

On December 2nd, my Checking account gets pounced for 2 years dues, 2019/2020, and we didn’t even join 'til last day of September! We also referred 2 couples who signed up, and we were supposed to get 2 years dues waived! We haven’t booked, or attempted to book any of these “free trips” associated with this scam! I should have known better when I saw that they were located in the old Silverleaf Resorts building, that they are a sketchy bunch of people! Everything would be a great deal if it were all true and explained accurately and honestly! The one star I gave as rating is for the nice receptionist, she was genuine! Lesson learned!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I agreed to sit through their 90-minute presentation. I initially made a $40 deposit for a two night stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Dallas with the water park tickets. I was also promised a $100 restaurant gift card and that my deposit would be refunded after the presentation. So far, all true. Sales could not detail the differences in the different levels of cost for weekly rentals other than to say "time" of reservation. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Salesperson was definitely rude in responding to questions and then having the nerve to ask if I couldn't afford a $199 monthly payment. After explaining I was newly retired and getting affairs in order and would not be purchasing anything at this time, he shoved away from the table without so much as a "thank you for coming." I did receive a $40 Visa gift card, and a voucher for the hotel stay where I would have to pay an additional $100 deposit by May 2020 as well as the $100 restaurant.com gift card.

Now for the continued lies: After using the restroom prior to my one-hour drive home, all of the above mentioned items fell out of my purse in the restroom, unbeknownst to me. I received a phone call about 30-minutes later telling me all of the items had been turned in. Since I was more than half-way home, I asked if they would mail them to me. I was told "YES", the first lie from the individual who phoned (Amherst). I waited one week, due to a federal holiday falling within this week, before calling again. I was told again that it had been mailed. (LIE.)

After another week, I phoned again only to be told that it had been mailed out that Wednesday (LIE). Nothing has ever been received and after looking at all of the review on the BBB site, as well as this site, I voiced my concerns in reviews. ADDITIONAL LIES: In their presentation they indicated they have been in business for 40 years, yet the BBB indicates 16 years. GEVC states they are not a timeshare, yet everything written indicates they are. If it sounds too good to be true, it is! I am so glad I did not sign up for their program!!! Buyers Beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Exchange Vacation Club?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

As I was walking around the mall with my kids and wife, some guy handed me and and my wife a little???? And spin to win a free trip to whatever they offer. We both spin and she lost so now I tried and won so I was happy for the moment and picked Orlando Fl and everything was going to paid for as long me and the wife are gonna go to the 90min presentations. We went and so on and on trying to offer us these programs saying we can save a lot on our next vacations by joining them.

I kept saying we were broke at moment and the lady I was talking to called her manager and he also tried to lure us in and offering some savings and I kept telling we have no money at the moment and the manager mood just changed from good to looking real frustrated fast and what made it worst for us. He just got off his chair walked away from me and my wife without shaking our hand and saying goodbye or atleast have a great day. How rude right!. Thank goodness I knew there was a catch to get your supposedly "FREE GIFT" or else we wouldve be in deep debt!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

This company is nothing but a fraud, at all times we were told it was a timeshare but better that we were able to go anywhere and at any time. When tried booking the very first time they said different that it is a discount plan, I said wait a minute a get discounts already directly from the hotels, I thought person was informing me wrong and have tried several times and nothing all mention the same. We have been paying on this and we are very frustrated with this and would like a refund. Please assist us with this matter. Thank you in advance. Tricia ** Alfonzo **

Original review: July 11, 2019

We were told we were purchasing a club membership, not a timeshare. Once we reviewed the BBB and GEVC, we decided it was not a good idea. However, I was out of state and could not return on time to rescind the contract. We purchased it on on June 29, my wife called the company on July 6, my wife spoke to Jennifer, she said I will e-mail the paperwork to rescind and it's no problem.

A month later GEVC tells us we can't get out of contract, they said we called on July 9 and that is a lie. I have the AT&T phone records where my wife called. We asked them what can we do to get out of this contract, Leonard said "pay it off." I said "I'm not paying for a service I'm not going to use." On April 8, 2019, GEVC sent a letter: Notice of Forfeiture of Membership, but still wants us to pay. On June of 2019 , Monterey Collections sent us a letter that we must pay or we will be placed on bad credit. They said we could get out of it if we paid $10,000. Our original price was $6646. They said as long as we don't pay the interest will continue. This company will not let you out of this contract. They use fraudulent statements to get you to sign the contract. Don't even consider getting into this company.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Save your money. This is a scam organization. They sell points through RCI that you will not be able to use. Over a two year period we could not find a venue that aligned with the point values they provided.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I could not believe how unprofessional this 'sales' staff came across. Of course when you first get there, everyone is nice and sweet. But once they don't hear what they want to, they become extremely rude. My rep was even getting defensive with me when I was asking questions and I asked him why he's getting defensive? He laughed it off. It was just extremely unprofessional. He kept saying, “I'm not trying to sell you anything.” I said, "Perfect then why I am here. I'll take the trip and be on my way." He laughed it off. I said seriously. Then I tried asking him questions about the price, which shockingly he couldn't tell me because it was all in the presentation. So by this point I had already seen enough red flags. I went into the presentation and of course I immediately said it was too good to be true.

And when I said that, I was shown a realtors license and was told that since it's a real realtors license they have to follow all the laws. (Is that the reason.) It was supposed to give me peace of mind I guess. Then we talk about money. I was intrigued. But my gut is telling me no. So I try and see how low I can go. Once I told the supervisor I couldn't afford her down payment then she said, "Ok if you can’t afford this then no reason to go any further." She said thanks and that was it. I thought I was done. NOPE, then when my rep came back and tried to ask a 'higher up' about 'lowering the deposit' the guy shook my hand and was really nice until he saw how low I wanted to go and that's when he turned into a completely rude guy! He said, "OH no," left abruptly and when the rep said, "hey man," he literally walked out of the room yelling, "nope," as if I was the one wasting their time??

I was talking to another person there and she was promised a trip to Catalina and when she went to claim her free trip they said they 'never heard of Catalina' and gave her a voucher for 7 day trip. Funny thing is I was there for Catalina as well and I rec'd the voucher for Catalina. So it doesn't add up. But my main thing is rudeness. When you get to the end and you're adamant and say no, you get the rude treatment and that's not good salesmanship.

Global Exchange Vacation Club Company Information