2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Mission Viejo, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.65/5

Global Exchange Vacation Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Exchange Vacation Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Exchange Vacation Club?

Original review: April 25, 2020

Updated on 4/28/2020: I called in today so that I could talk to an actual customer service person. Well I able to finally make contact to an individual, and his name was Derrick. I explain him my situation regarding no longer working or no longer could afford to pay for a time share I have never used. He was so rude that he told me that he didnt care there were a lot of people calling in saying the same thing.

I said that the covid 19 virus has crippled the whole world and he said he didnt care as long as I paid the $116 a month. If not he would process this to a foreclosure, in which I told him that the government wont allow it and he bragged how his company found a loop hole to get it processed. I told him that I dont have enough food to feed me and my family and he said he didnt care. The nerve of some people and the nerve of this company taking advantage of people when they are knocked down. If I wasnt trying to buy a home I would let it go to foreclosure.

Original review: Well when you get there they make you watch a video that advertises the club and makes everything look good. When you actually try to use it you dont have enough points to book a trip. Ohhh you sure can buy extra points or spend more money on a upgrade. They told me with the amount of down payment I put down I would be able to pay it off in less than 5 years. I look at my paperwork now and it states that I am now financing this for 7 years. I didnt accept or request that, because if you do the math they want me to pay twice what the original price was.

I keep trying to call and talk to customer service to see if I can cancel this and I just get the run around and the phone keeps hanging up. Then when I actually talk to someone they say, "Wrong dept. I can't help you," for a moment I thought I was talking to Home Depot and not my department. Stay far away and with covid 19 I no longer can afford luxuries and definitely would rather buy food with that 115 a month for my kids. I hope someone can tell me or help me get rid of this useless vacation club.

Original review: April 7, 2020

The presentation and price is convincing, but you soon find out you can't book any resorts where and when you'd like to go and the fees/exchange rates at hotels and resorts are as expensive as they'd be if you just booked the hotel directly. While the agents selling the product are extremely friendly, the customer service after the purchase has been made is TERRIBLE. The associates I've encountered have been brusque.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Upon arrival for meeting that was suppose to start at 7:45 pm we sat for an half hour. That was an immediate bomber for me. The presentation was excellent and the keynote speaker was energetic. My only complaint was that he didn’t gravitate to the ** families. I saw him walk over and sit down with a ** family and engage heavily in conversation with them. 90 minutes turned into bad customer service and take the exit door. John who showed us in was pleasant at the beginning and during the introduction, but sitting back down and meeting with Tim (the financial manager) I didn’t feel like our presence mattered anymore. Once I told Tim that what they were asking for was not in our budget this evening he became standoffish and walked away from the table. John however say with a look of disbelief and then showed us to the “Exit Door” as he stated. No more conversation afterwards.

In all honesty if the sales rep would have shared a bit more information we would have been better prepared and would have been ready to make our purchase. Here it is Christmas, and January 1st is a matter of days away. Sir, I’m going to pay my rent before I buy into a timeshare and become an owner. No thanks for attending and literally had to ask for complimentary refreshments. If we would have had the upfront fees we would have definitely took part in ownership last evening, but their customer service sucks!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Absolutely stunning conversation regarding my last payment for my timeshare. After asking for a delay of my payment until after Christmas and New Years I was told that not only that they will be adding an additional $10 and another $15 to my last payment of $110.13. After I agreed I again threatened that it will be reported to the credit bureau. I was not late one time and never missed a payment.

I stated to remove the $15 fee so I can pay for it immediately, after refusal I stated that I will be paying in the 1st week of January which the lady replied that they will be adding the extra $10 on top. After being hit with all the charges I stated that I will be waiting until January 2020. Then being threatened with the credit bureau is absurd and absolutely BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. What are my options.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I was out shopping at the mall when a lady stopped me and my spouse regarding a free vacation. She stated it was a $40 fee to start and we spin the wheel and it landed on choose any place. The vacation resort we chose was a $2599 all inclusive. We paid the $40 and she gave us the info and explained that we can get our $40 back and a gift if we attend a meeting. We set up a meeting time and date. When I made it home I said, "Honey, nothing is free in this world." It's a catch to this GEVC. I said let me go look it up. I see all the reviews and now I'm very upset. My question is should I attend this meeting to get refunded of my $40 that I spent with GEVC? I'm not looking forward to any timeshare.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Other than the receptionist who greeted us, and the young salesman that sat with us, I feel like I have been used and lied to! Everyone who was a part of this process was nice and danced around all of our questions, and said what they thought we wanted to hear! We agreed and signed for auto draft for our monthly payments with no problem, but we did not authorize GEVC to draft yearly dues, we would be getting statements or coupon book for those..

On December 2nd, my Checking account gets pounced for 2 years dues, 2019/2020, and we didn’t even join 'til last day of September! We also referred 2 couples who signed up, and we were supposed to get 2 years dues waived! We haven’t booked, or attempted to book any of these “free trips” associated with this scam! I should have known better when I saw that they were located in the old Silverleaf Resorts building, that they are a sketchy bunch of people! Everything would be a great deal if it were all true and explained accurately and honestly! The one star I gave as rating is for the nice receptionist, she was genuine! Lesson learned!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I agreed to sit through their 90-minute presentation. I initially made a $40 deposit for a two night stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Dallas with the water park tickets. I was also promised a $100 restaurant gift card and that my deposit would be refunded after the presentation. So far, all true. Sales could not detail the differences in the different levels of cost for weekly rentals other than to say "time" of reservation. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Salesperson was definitely rude in responding to questions and then having the nerve to ask if I couldn't afford a $199 monthly payment. After explaining I was newly retired and getting affairs in order and would not be purchasing anything at this time, he shoved away from the table without so much as a "thank you for coming." I did receive a $40 Visa gift card, and a voucher for the hotel stay where I would have to pay an additional $100 deposit by May 2020 as well as the $100 restaurant.com gift card.

Now for the continued lies: After using the restroom prior to my one-hour drive home, all of the above mentioned items fell out of my purse in the restroom, unbeknownst to me. I received a phone call about 30-minutes later telling me all of the items had been turned in. Since I was more than half-way home, I asked if they would mail them to me. I was told "YES", the first lie from the individual who phoned (Amherst). I waited one week, due to a federal holiday falling within this week, before calling again. I was told again that it had been mailed. (LIE.)

After another week, I phoned again only to be told that it had been mailed out that Wednesday (LIE). Nothing has ever been received and after looking at all of the review on the BBB site, as well as this site, I voiced my concerns in reviews. ADDITIONAL LIES: In their presentation they indicated they have been in business for 40 years, yet the BBB indicates 16 years. GEVC states they are not a timeshare, yet everything written indicates they are. If it sounds too good to be true, it is! I am so glad I did not sign up for their program!!! Buyers Beware!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

As I was walking around the mall with my kids and wife, some guy handed me and and my wife a little???? And spin to win a free trip to whatever they offer. We both spin and she lost so now I tried and won so I was happy for the moment and picked Orlando Fl and everything was going to paid for as long me and the wife are gonna go to the 90min presentations. We went and so on and on trying to offer us these programs saying we can save a lot on our next vacations by joining them.

I kept saying we were broke at moment and the lady I was talking to called her manager and he also tried to lure us in and offering some savings and I kept telling we have no money at the moment and the manager mood just changed from good to looking real frustrated fast and what made it worst for us. He just got off his chair walked away from me and my wife without shaking our hand and saying goodbye or atleast have a great day. How rude right!. Thank goodness I knew there was a catch to get your supposedly "FREE GIFT" or else we wouldve be in deep debt!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

This company is nothing but a fraud, at all times we were told it was a timeshare but better that we were able to go anywhere and at any time. When tried booking the very first time they said different that it is a discount plan, I said wait a minute a get discounts already directly from the hotels, I thought person was informing me wrong and have tried several times and nothing all mention the same. We have been paying on this and we are very frustrated with this and would like a refund. Please assist us with this matter. Thank you in advance. Tricia ** Alfonzo **

Original review: July 11, 2019

We were told we were purchasing a club membership, not a timeshare. Once we reviewed the BBB and GEVC, we decided it was not a good idea. However, I was out of state and could not return on time to rescind the contract. We purchased it on on June 29, my wife called the company on July 6, my wife spoke to Jennifer, she said I will e-mail the paperwork to rescind and it's no problem.

A month later GEVC tells us we can't get out of contract, they said we called on July 9 and that is a lie. I have the AT&T phone records where my wife called. We asked them what can we do to get out of this contract, Leonard said "pay it off." I said "I'm not paying for a service I'm not going to use." On April 8, 2019, GEVC sent a letter: Notice of Forfeiture of Membership, but still wants us to pay. On June of 2019 , Monterey Collections sent us a letter that we must pay or we will be placed on bad credit. They said we could get out of it if we paid $10,000. Our original price was $6646. They said as long as we don't pay the interest will continue. This company will not let you out of this contract. They use fraudulent statements to get you to sign the contract. Don't even consider getting into this company.

Global Exchange Vacation Club Company Information