Global Exchange Vacation Club Reviews

Stars Rating

• 20%
  • 80%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Exchange Vacation Club?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Exchange Vacation Club?
    Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 21, 2024

SCAM!!! Do not buy into their scam. We paid almost $10,000 and got nothing, literally nothing. The points they give you annually for almost $500 annual fee does not give you anything. I had 30000 points after 3 years and when I tried to book a room they offered me the crappy hotel in Colorado and despite having the points I had to pay more than I would have pain if I had no membership of anything. They take you to the presentation room and share false advertisements of exotic vacations and once you buy into the program, when you try to book a vacation, nothing is ever available. I would say use that money to give yourself a nice vacation instead. BIGGEST REGRET OF MY LIFE. After paying $8000 for membership and $500 for 3 years, I am canceling my membership because I literally did not get to take a single vacation with it.

Pinned

We regret to hear about your recent experience. At GEVC, we strive to provide exceptional vacation experiences and valuable membership benefits. We understand your frustration with booking difficulties and perceived value. To help you make the most of your membership, please contact our Member Services Department at 800.269.1509 x 1 or email memberservices@gevc.net, referencing your review. Our team is ready to assist you in finding available vacation options that match your preferences.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed May 19, 2024

My wife and I met a representative of this company at a food festival at Texas live last month. His presentation was very convincing. We would pay him $50 to go to Irving when we were able in the next couple of weeks and listen to a timeshare presentation for 90 minutes and we would get a 4 day Vegas vacation and the $50 would be refunded in the form of a free dinner at a local restaurant. We arrived at the site in Irving Tx and we found a lobby full of what I would describe as working class people. Many of them were couples who looked to be in their early to mid 20s. The representative at texas live mentioned that the sales pitch would be an investment of between 10k to 12k for the timeshare package plus a yearly maintenance fee. I didn’t listen closely because I never had any intention of buying any package.

Back to the lobby. She person at the counter gave me clipboard which had me fill out details about me and my wife: phone, address, birthdate…and as I was filling that out my wife was reading me all the negative reviews. As she read those, I took a closer look at the crowd and the people doing the presentation. Those coming in and calling the couples back for presentations were all pretty young women. One of them had a dress on that was so short, she couldn’t bend over an inch without showing everyone what color underwear she had on- if she had any on. And the crowd. Again, all seemed to be working class and/or young who had no business committing 12k for something this risky.

I read about all those folks who also put $50 upfront with the promise of getting it back in the form of a free dinner. The girl at the counter was speaking with one of the applicants and she told them the $59 would be in the form of a coupon. Which mirrors what many reviewers wrote: the $50 is not even $50. It is more of vouchers that can add up to $50 after you visit a restaurant many times. I stopped filling out the paper, folded it, put it in my pocket, gave the clipboard back to the girl and my wife and I walked out. A feeling of general relief fell over me. Be aware!

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

We got the membership 2 years back and haven’t found a single deal which makes our travel easier. You can definitely find better deals from Google than GEVC can. They just want to make money without offering service. I paid 10k and paying almost $350 per year just for nothing. This company is a HOAX!!! Never trust them. Please read the reviews before going forward with them. I regret spending money in gevc. Worst investment ever!

PriceProcess

Reviewed April 4, 2024

In a moment of weakness, I let myself be talked into their package thinking that some of the savings they promoted would justify the $7K investment. We tried frequently to search and book and could never find any availability at any of our choices, we broadened the scope of our destinations, same result. It's been 5 years and not a single use of the program. I've given up trying, and look at it as sunk cost. I just want to stop the mgt fees and assessments and cut my losses at this point. Tried once before to end the program to no avail.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 24, 2024

We tried many times over the years to book places we wanted in the dates we wanted them. Never succeeded. Batting 0. Called customer service a few times to try other options and were literally told to go to a whole other country at least once. Amusing...If I say my family wants to go to Australia, we're not going to just decide to switch gears to Indonesia on your suggestion, but thanks for trying. We just gave up. Yet like any other timeshare (which they claim they are not), it's nearly impossible to get out of. At this point, I just want it gone. It's paid off. I'll lose that money, I don't care. Stop charging me maintenance fees and just go away.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 9, 2024

This was a great experience initially going for the presentation. Unlike other presentations, they were transparent and when I considered joining after the presentation they were very patient answering my questions. Also, now a year later, Matt is always there to answer any question I have with greatly fast responding time. I know this is a great investment and I def recommend them.

Pinned

Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you found our presentation transparent and informative. We strive to provide excellent service and support to all our clients, and we're delighted that Matt has been able to assist you promptly and effectively. Your recommendation means a lot to us, and we're grateful for your trust in us. If you have any more questions or need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

Our family has attended several timeshare presentations and this was the first one we found that was within our budget and allowed us to save money when we vacation. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to travel and stay at beautiful resorts instead of hotels!

Pinned

Cocoa, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with our company. We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience with us and appreciate your kind words.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

Initial contact started off good then came the misinformation. We have not scheduled the cruise yet so don't know how that will go. We paid $50 down and got that back as we were told if we went to their location in Irving, TX to pick everything up. The $50 gift card that we were promised so we could go and have a meal on them at maybe Chili's or Applebee's for example (which there is not even one that participates in my area) turns out to be some kind of discount card that accumulates discounts until you reach $50 and it's a pain the butt to redeem and use with short time limit once you do redeem the COUPON.

The bigger problem is for our FREE CRUISE which we were told about at the ST Fair of TX by LaCroy (spelling?) we were told that we had to pay the port taxes of $200. I specifically ask is that per person or total and he said that was total for 2 people. He said we also had to pay hotel taxes of $65 and again he said that was the total for 2 people. When we get to their location in Irving everything is per person so now the cost has doubled. Also when we arrived there was music in the waiting area loud enough to be a bar atmosphere. Everyone is taken back to a large room with each couple having their own GEVC representative, again the loud music is still playing and having to talk over it. Everyone goes to a room to listen to a presentation of why you should join the "vacation club".

The person doing the presentation is very nice but talks like an auctioneer that you can barely understand. He is trying to get you buy a $12,000 before the discounts start vacation membership on the spot. Once over you meet with your "representative" again to "sign up". Again the loud music is very distracting and annoying. It makes it hard to ask questions and understand their response which is what they seem to want. All they are interested in is getting their membership money that day. I have read many bad reviews about them and other vacation clubs. I will make another post (good or bad) if we decide to schedule the cruise. No telling what we will run into at this point that has been left out.

Pinned

Robert, Thank you for notifying us about the issue with your gift card. We apologize for any frustration caused and will work with you to ensure proper activation. Please contact our Customer Service Department so we can promptly address the matter.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed June 25, 2023

This place is a huge scam. They bamboozled me at a water park with my kids and promised these fantastic Disney tickets. When I got home I looked them up and realized it was a shady time-share company. If I didn't go to this presentation I'd lose my $50. I drove 90 minutes to watch annoying travel videos. Then I had to listen to this lady yammer for 35 minutes. The bottom line is you will be paying $12K plus $350 annual HOA fees and $500+ per trip without airway and if you don't go four weeks out of the year you have to pay large fees.

I had to speak to this sales guy and I told him I don't want this and I only take cruises. When I told him what I paid (I get big discounts) he said there was no way they could meet this. When I went to collect these Disney tickets, that was another scam! You have to mail something in and pay $50 in fees, very limited days, need to select three days in a 120 day window, and it's only for adults. I would have to pay full price for my daughters. No thanks! I felt bad for all the people who went for the carrot in front of them. Also, how are timeshares still a thing????

Pinned

Lori, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience with our company. GEVC is a timeshare company. We understand that ownership is not for everyone, and we respect your decision. Our goal is to provide exceptional customer assistance and vacation experiences. We would like to follow up with you at your earliest convenience to discuss your particular concerns.

Contract & TermsSales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2022

This company will not let you cancel out of their contract under any circumstances. Whether you’ve lost your job, broke, or unable to make use of the membership. They won’t even waive a yearly fee to cancel out a fully paid contract after years of not using the account. Do NOT buy into this scam! Waste of money!

Pinned

Jackie, thank you for expressing your desire to cancel your membership. We apologize for any issues you may be facing and would like to assist you further. We understand that ownership may not be suitable for everyone, and we respect your decision. Please contact our Member Services Department.

Global Exchange Vacation Club Company Information